Speaker 1: And heads up as we get into it. Today's episode does contain graphic descriptions and explicit language. As such, it may not be appropriate for all audiences.
Speaker 2: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Nolh.
Speaker 1: They called me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Paul Michig. Control decands. Most importantly, you are here and that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. Folks, longtime fellow conspiracy realists, you have heard us talk about the war on drugs, the controversy surrounding the US justice system, and honestly, heck, hundreds, if not thousands, of US related conspiracies. Today we are diving into this and much much more with a very special guest, the legendary comedian, the author, the man, the myth legend, and now podcaster, Michael call Youer. Thanks so much for coming on the show. Michael, Woo woo woo, Thank you for inviting me.
Speaker 4: Thank you. We got it. Immediately.
Speaker 3: Michael, We've been watching so much of your appearances of just your your life's work, sir. It exists on the internet. It is incredible to just go through the years, the years and years that you have been performing on stage and off stage. It is an honor. No, it's not that you're old, sir. It's that you know what you're doing and you've been doing it for a long time.
Speaker 4: So we just prolific. That's thank you. I keep telling people on the shows that people keep calling me legend, but it's not because I've done anything particularly. It's just called outlived all the mother motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: So so okay, let's for anyone who who somehow doesn't know Michael. You are a Chicago native. You you became known as the King of Venice speech for a brutal schedule. Could you tell us a little bit about five shows a day?
Speaker 4: You know, that's my legacy is Venice Beach. I love Venice Beach. Venice Beach defined me as a man and as a human being because I spent nine years on comedy that from eighty six to ninety five, I did five one hour shows every Saturday and Sunday without fail. No matter what time of year it was, and people showed up sometime they didn't, but we did them shows. And I did like six figures a year for nine years weekends only telling jokes. And everything else came from it as well. But you know, it all started for me in Chicago because I was a comedian in little clubs and stuff, and my friends taught me to doing street performance and I did it on State Street and I made some really good money and I became for I knew it, like the best street performer in eighty five in Chicago, just telling jokes and stuff. But then winter came, and wouldn't I trying to hit no damn joke on State Street in December? So I packed up everything that would fit my nineteen sixty seven Buikelet's saber. I sold everything else and I drove out to California. I didn't even know about Venice Beach, but I knew California had a lot of beaches, and I thought that it was hot here all year round. Not okay, it was cold and shit. In fact, it was February and I had gone up to San Francisco to do Fisherman's Wharf. There were seals in the water, that's how cold it was, seals. But I was out this street before me because that's all I knew, and I saw all I had and everything I owned was in the car. So I was staying on that boardwalk and tell jokes. And about a month in I passed out on the boardwalk and I got up and drove himself to the hospital and they said, you called stomach flew out there. Brother, you need to go somewhere where it's warmer. And by then my wife told me, you gotta come this place called Venice Beach, you know. And the rest is history. Man. I loved Venice Beach. I still love it, and we're going back out this summer and shooting one hour was special on the spot where I started, so it's gonna be pretty amazing.
Speaker 5: We were all just out there in that neck of the woods and we were staying in what was the Manhattan Beach, which I think Ben pointed out, feels a little Stepford wives. It's a little He's got a little bit of less of that kind of psychedelic, cool hippie energy that Vennis Beach has, But there is something electric about Vennis Beach where you have, like, you know, the the dancers, kind of bee boys and stuff.
Speaker 4: And that's now I can't imagine what it was like then. What was it like then? Yes, well, you know I call it DNN now the eternal Circus. I mean, it's always something going on. When I was out there, there was Robert Gruenberg. He's the chainsaw juggler. This guy would throw a running chainsaw in the air and catch it with an apple and with a raw egg and without breaking it. And while he's throwing them in the air, he's biting the apple and eating the apple. And he was doing that on the beef, I mean. And he made good money too. He had left and went and got himself a dealershit, a used car dealership. But the irs was watching him on Venice Beach and they guestimated how much money he made and took him to court. He had spend forty thousand dollars to keep from going to jail, you know, because they were coming out looking at your money and going one dollar, four dollars, seven dollars, eight dollars. You know.
Speaker 1: Let's get into that. Let's get into it. So as you know this stuff, they want you to know. Ass we like to leave no question unasked. We applied critical thinking to things that have sometimes dismissed this conspiracies. And one thing people always talk about in the world of conspiracies around this time of year, around April in the US is Uncle Sam and the irs faster.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Well he got me bent over a barrel right now. I tell you, I just brought new I just brought new money people on the team just to get me out of some of my tax trouble because I ain't trying to do the Wesley Snipes thing. You know, I don't do well in jail jailing. I'm too cute for jail, you know what I'm saying. I'm not to do somebody's wife, right, Okay, So we might take them a minute, but they're gonna catch up to you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like a Wesley Snipe's case in point or whatever. And especially if you're a high profile.
Speaker 5: But we're talking about people that normally we'd consider as being super under the radar, like street performers, and you're talking about somebody planted in the crowd making notes about income coming from street performance.
Speaker 3: Is that a rumor, Michael, or was that true? Do you think watching.
Speaker 4: No, that's true. That's what they would do. They would come out and they would have guys sit in the audience like they just enjoying the show. But they sit there and watch and see how many people throw money in the hat, and they see if it's five of teams whatever, and then they guessed the me how much they think you got, and then they charge you based on that. Of course, we ain't got no receipts. We street performers. We got what they put in the bag, you know, like Uncle Sam need a couple more dollars, fuck out.
Speaker 1: He That's the thing. No, this is great, this is the thing. It's it's actually kind of rare for us to hear about a real conspiracy that's totally on familiar. And I don't know about the guys, but I had never heard this one.
Speaker 4: But it makes perfect sense. They do a lot of volume in that.
Speaker 5: I mean people they're just constant crowds and they have a system and they're working it to get every dollar out. It's a hustle and it's a thing to behold when people are doing it right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I've got a sou I don't know if you heard this one we were able to confirm this thought. This was a rumor growing up. But the IRS apparently doesn't care if you commit crimes. It's not their department if you're out selling drugs. In theory, they just want to know how much money you made and they want to be cut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they want their part. I mean, it's the same thing with now we have marijuana that you could purchase everywhere, cause the government finally figured out how to tax it, you know. So it's not about right or wrong, it's like how much is in it for me with my part? I under say, I want to win my part, you know, and they owe me. But my mama said, you know, a dollar nine a dollar when they catch you, you know, So we do the bith we can.
Speaker 5: And isn't that interesting with with what you're talking about about marijuana prohibition, like the into what you said, Ben, the IRS they're not there to p prosecute crimes and they're technically kind of an apolitical organization in theory, But whether or not they could tax marijuana was a political issue, not one that they controlled necessarily, but it had to be kind of legalized and regulated on a state by state level, and that's not where the IRS comes in. They come in to figure out how to collect the money once they you know, once it's made legal. So that's super interesting. And like for a time there were places where, you know, in California, if you go to a dispensary, they'd give you your change back in cash because the banks wouldn't mess with them.
Speaker 4: Yet. Oh, let me see that IRS will go in and take your money too, you know. I mean, if you leave your money in the bank, you you at risk. You know. I had I had one check, I did wages whatever. I did a movie with ice Cube called The Long Shots with Kiki Palmer was in it as well. She was fourteen years old and just absolutely brilliant. And we did that and I had to check. I had to check out things well before aready seven hundred dollars and I wanted the offer to get the check. That check was one dollar and fought and nand cent and Uncle Sam had left me a note. I was like, why can't be right?
Speaker 5: They said, politely worded notes.
Speaker 4: What it was just said that we are taking this portion of your check because of bag taxes. And just like that, a portion they left dollars all if they left me enough to get a Snickers. Now that's the Snickers. That's not the one that you have in the theater. No, that's the the fun size it.
Speaker 1: What do you call it fun size when there's less of it? Whatever?
Speaker 4: Problem? This is cute, it's cute.
Speaker 3: Fine, whatever do you mind if we stay on movies for just one moment. There's so much to talk about here with you, Michael, but I just I want to throw something at you and see what your reaction is. Okay, this is this is the first time I ever saw you. Okay, Okay, when you when you said this, Williams com sink pac Ram set Mos ninety two h taspect.
Speaker 4: That's hot shot part dude hot Let me tell you wait, when we get to the fence and it's a pence, you could step over. But it's lot damn it, it's a lot on panicking. Get a hold of yourself. Man, you know what I mean. That movie was a main Let me tell you I bought my first home with that. I did twenty six weeks shooting that film, and it is one of the gifts of Venice Beach. I got so much work from being on Venice Beach because Venice Beach is the second largest attraction in California, second only to Disneyland. So everybody comes to Venice, they take their people down to Venice Beach. If somebody come in California, we got to take you to Venice Beach. So I got for talent though too. Internally, LA people, I'm sure going there looking for the next big thing exactly. That's shopping for talent out there. Look, I brought a girl on my morning show. I have a morning show, guys that I do five days a week. It's called the Michael Caya Morning Show on YouTube. So I was out there this past Sunday and this little white girl. I didn't even see her. I just heard Fleetwood Mac the album for Fleetwood Mac, and I was like, that is Soka? Who's playing that? I turn it's this little white girl and hold up. This little white girl was singing so pure I brought and put on my morning show Monday. She blew the roof off the sucker. I said, when you singing these covers, do you have original? She said, I'm about to drop my original album. She came back on Wednesday blew the roof off the soucker with originals. So she'll be on my show, well coming up, because I'm about to celebrate our six hundred show. She's gonna be on that one too. Venice Beach is the eternal circus. You got artists out there. It used to be a time you can get a slice of pizza for a dollar, probably cost two dollars. Now you know, you got girls walking around and bikini's barely clad. It's all kinds of objects and things. You come back. You go out there with twenty dollars and have a good afternoon as long as you don't have to pay for parking. It's amazing, you know. And then after Drum Beach that stuff and the Sundowners where a whole bunch of people stick around from six thirty to about seven and watch the sun literally go down and behind the ocean, you know. So it's a lot of wonderful stuff going on. When I get out there, they weren't making money, so I was teaching a lot of them how to get their money. Because they had the guy who would walk on glass. Uber Uber. This guy would break fresh glass, a pile of glass. He'd jump off a chair into the glass with no shoes on it. Then he did he pooched the glass back up, so it's a mountain of glass. He laid on it with no shirt. A lady was standing on his chest. A man was standless thighs and he smoked a cigret. Then he get up, wouldn't have a scratch on him. The boy was making like forty dollars a day. I said, no, no, no, no no, they whoa, you ain't doing this right. We're gonna have to work on that part because you got to get your money. Plus, one of his big things he was doing is he wouldn't collect his money till after his last piece. You can't do that. You can't do your last bit until you get the money. Your last bid has to be the hook. You know. You gotta tell them. I get some who I'm about to kill y'all with this, but I got to get my money first, okay, to play, you know, and then you get your cash, then you do the last bit. So I was showing them out there how to get money. I have a money grabber. I know we're not visual, but y'all can see this. We can money grab I can take this grab and reach out and get.
Speaker 5: Your you know, at home picture like a he man or like a like a transformers, these things.
Speaker 4: The reach for stuff up on the cabinet and stuff like that. I was grab yours is the one that the kids used. That's not even like the real one, you know what I mean. That's the one that's that's amazing.
Speaker 1: These also this is odd by the way, for anybody who happens to be by the Venice boardwalk. You can find Michael's shoe and handprints there as well as an impression I believe of that money.
Speaker 4: That money grab her. You had to commemorate what idea when I was out there, because we made it. And see here's what I was telling you earlier too. I got a lot of work from there. I got hot shots due from there. I got Martin. I became a regular on Martin from there because everybody comes to Venice, and then they were coming, I'd have the biggest crowd, so they worked their way in. And then they say, here's a guy with two to four hundred people standing still in the sun for an hour and then happy to pay. But are are people taking advantage of folks like that? In Hollywood? You think of so much kind of crooked.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm gonna make you a star, I'm gonna pay you more than you're making on the boardwalk, but probably underpaying the hell out of you, and also then maybe signing you to an exclusive contract and like kind of owning someone's life, you know, is that Did you see any of that kind of stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, people doing that all the time. You know. Talent is always in danger of the people who want to exploit them, you know, so there's always folks out there like, but you need to be on your game, you know what I'm saying. I mean, a trick ain't a trick if you know the trick. But if you don't know the trick, then the trick's on you. You know. I was at one network that ran me out of there, and I couldn't figure out how I got out of there. How I thought I was doing so good? And my brother told me the story. He said, every evening, as the sun went down, there was this little village and a prince would come out to the edge of the river and walk across the river, and all the people would hide in the bushes and watch the prince walk across this river. Every evening. No one had the courage to approach him, and finally a little child. You know, children, they always they don't care. They'll just say some shit. A child just stepped out from behind the bush and says, tell me, sir, please tell me what is the secret of walking across the river? And he says, the secret, my child, is you got to know what the rocks are. Come on, I didn't know what were you know what I'm saying. If you weren't being on top of it, that's all. But yeah, people will exploit you. So you have to watch for that. If you're an artist, you have to watch for that. I've always done all my own stuff. Now I'm building a but I usually book myself, you know. I manage myself, you know. And when I say God is my manager, that means I only got to pay ten percent and he answers every call. You know. So so sometimes doing it yourself is the way that works. But the go to furthest in this industry, using these people to help you, just in the higher eche lines. Because about success. It's about access. That's what success about in this time. It's access. Who you know? You know? Everything's about communications and relationships. Who do you know and how do you talk to the people you know? Will determine your altitude, how high you rise? You know, so you but the snakes are always in the grass. There's always the people there with a card and a gimmick. All over La. Everybody got a card and a gimmick, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Oh. I can't remember the last time I visited LA without someone trying to sell me a screenplay, you know. And maybe maybe they're good, But I respect the hustle because you're reminding me of that, oh, that excellent quote. It's very, very old. It's like thousands years old. If you want to travel fast, go alone. If you want to travel far, go together, you know. So what you're saying about having a team makes it makes a lot of sense. And one thing we really wanted to pick your brain about today is the inside, the inner workings, getting under the hood of the world of entertainment, because you have, in addition to acting and honing your skills in this, in the world of entertainment at large, you have been in the trenches. You've seen the stuff backstage that the audience never sees or understands. So do you have any I guess you would call them conspiracies or theories in the world of entertainment and in the in the backstage, because I know stuff probably gets wild, Like, what is something more people need to know about stand up comedy for instance?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I think if you want to talk about what's going on in the back room, you know, you just have to be careful because this so many clicks seeing Hollywood, everything is clique. Everybody in they group. You got to be in they group, or if you're not in their circle. It's so funny, it's so funny. I had a girlfriend and I want to introduce her to a friend of man, and she said, well, you can't just bring people in our circle. They got to be invited. And I was thinking about the job that she does for a living, and I was like, bitch, you gotta circle. Ain't nobody trying to get your fucking girl. Anybody trying to get in your circle. I was trying to introduce you to my friend, you know what I'm saying. So, but it's clique out here. It's like if you not in their group, certain people only work with that certain group of people. They ain't messing with nobody else. Now, some of that is conventional wisdom. You know, if you're really trying to get your act together. You really want to circle yourself with four to five of your best or closest friends and associates and keep everybody outside of that. That way, there's no damage to the team or the company because you know you could trust that handful of people. The danger comes in when you start bringing in strangers, the people you don't know who have different agendas and different ideas and to throw things off. So there is a sense of having a small group. But here in Hollywood, there's the thing about you have to be in people's per their their circle, their group. They have to give you their benediction, so so you know if they say okay, then then you could work. And I mean, I've mean, I can't tell you how many times people have blocked me. I've been blocked tons of time from people who I thought were my friends. Some of the people are people that I brought up in this town and won't give me the tame a day, but they'll respect me. The same people that won't work with me. If I walk in the room, they'll come across the room and shake my hand. Hey brother, how you doing. But those same people won't book me. Just think about this, how many how many tours have you seen me on all you stop black comics? And I can stand told to told with any comic in America, white or black, and I could do an hour faulty, shouty easy with continuous laugh or not. I tell a joke that I walk around talking shit for eight minutes. Then I tell a joke I'm talking about bam bam bam our faulty easy without even thinking about it. And you don't never see me on these tools or all these top comments. You see the same ones going out all the time, but you don't see me. I've been doing this not thirty seven years. I'm thinking about sticking.
Speaker 5: With that because you speak out of school? Is that because people think that you're you know, I don't know. There's what what is it about? I don't you either rub them the wrong way. I don't have an idea.
Speaker 4: And that's the worst part of it is their cowardice. The people who don't work with you will never tell you why. They don't say nothing to you about it. Just all of a sudden, you know you ain't getting that call. All of a sudden, you know you ain't getting called in on that. Some people, some things people call me in for and I don't even go because I know which team that is, and they're not going to hire me. If I come in, tell mclothes off, set myself on fire, you know. So so so you just you have to know who you're working with and who's not. That's why I'm all down for self reliance. Do your own thing. That's what street performance was. So wasn't to me. I ain't gotta kiss nobody's ass to walk on Venice Beach and tell a joke. You know. I couldn't even get in the clubs until I did Vennis Beach. I was when I first came here in eighty six. Laugh Factory was the only one let me come in. Laugh Factories about the size of my dining room. In eighty six they didn't even own the upstairs yet, they just had the main level. And in eighty six I was there, they let me come in on a Thursday and do five minutes for free. That was it. Comedy store wouldn't let me in an improblem, none of them. So I went to Venice Beach and I was holding the biggest crowds of Venice Beach and one day Bud Friedman who created the im Prov and owned all the m problem and rest his heart rest is soul. We only lost him about three months ago. I love, love, love, love love that man. Bud Freeman and his wife Alex saw me out there and they said, I'd like you to become part of our family. I mean it just then did just invite me to come and tell a Joe. He made me part of the Improv family. So all of a sudden, I was doing that show on A and E called evenings at the Improv. I did like eleven of those. I was all the Improv clubs because someone saw me who had a way to give me access, and they allowed me to have that.
Speaker 5: You know, all right, hold up a second, let's take a quick break and here a work from our sponsor, and then'll be back with more from Michael.
Speaker 4: We're back.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it.
Speaker 5: It's interesting with podcasting and YouTube, which is obviously a place you found success in now too. That's kind of like the street performing of the Internet in some ways. It's sort of democratized by people that kind of form around you, and it's unconnected to any clicks. Obviously, there are podcast networks and YouTube networks and all that, but at the end of the day, the impetus is on you to do your thing and then see what happens. And I'm interested if you see that parallel and how that's worked out for you.
Speaker 4: To see that parallel. And people have been telling me for years, Michael, you'd be so good on podcasts, You'll be on pot and I never knew how to do it. And now I'm able to do it, and I'm having the time in my life doing it. I'm having great conversations with people. But once again, was also about to access. It was because i Heeart believed in me and gave me this opportunity. Then I'm able to do this podcast. I would never on my own just said Okay, I'm just gonna set this up in my house, do a podcast, put it where if I want to know, I wanted to be with some of the top folks that I'm going to podcasts. I mean, all I want to do is beat Bill Burr. If I could just, you know, just like Remelion, I would love to have him on my show. But and he knows me. He knows me too because I called him. Some other people that had me come in for a podcast for their company. I came in to meet them and they weren't interested, and I was like, okay, fane, but at least I got a chance to come say hello to them. But when I went in, I called Joe Rogan. I said, Joe, what I do when I go in this interview? He said, Man, just go in and be you. And at the end of the day, he said, you don't need nobody else anyway. You could do it on your own. And I thought, that's cool, and that's a great idea. Boy, I'm a lazy at Lamma Bean and I wasn't about to do it on my own. And plus I'm one seven projects already, So I'm like, how do I figure out how the podcast? How do I do it right? How do I compete? All those thoughts? But I have like like two of the greatest attorneys in the world, and Ricky Anderson is the one who put the deal together for me, and he has several clients as well, and he was shopping for me. Man, you know, the other people came to me. Who's got a somebody's got a free radio, some radio. But they had offered me to come over there, but they don't offer no money. Well, shit. If I ain't gonna make no money. I could make no money at my damn house. Why I gotta com to not make money, you know? And So the thing is, I think being self sufficient is important and entertainment you should do stuff that you could pay yourself. See, I'm on stage every night saying can you tell that I love what I do? Now, keep in mind, I'm an addict. Okay, I'm a crackhead. So I did crack for twenty three years, and as of this March first, I have twelve years of pure sobriety. So I've been here doing comedy, film and everything fucked up. You hear me. I was rimped, but nobody knew it. I never went to work, no shit like that. I never did that. But during that rain of being high, I did so many shows and so many films and nobody even knew it. But my system knew it. The universe knew it. So I wasn't able to travel at the speed of light like I could of if I stayed clear eyed and focused and stayed on my work. I started with the Steve Harveys of them, I started with Cedric Entertainer DL Hughley. Them cats used to look up to me. All them guys are rich enough to pee cream and me. I'm still a day player. But that's okay. I'm happy with it because I own myself. You know what I'm saying. I own Michael mother bunkaya. All this is, man, I don't owe nobody nothing. I don't do no harm to nobody on purpose. All I do is perform. But I'm performing everywhere. I'm killing the game, you know, and the thing she is I ain't beholding to nobody. I don't have to go to none of those cats and say, man, I made it because of you. Yeah, because y'all ain't brought me. I brought me and keep on bringing me, you know. And that's why I want to send that message to other people, because there's a lot of people who turn around and walk away. They don't get enough assistance. You know, if somebody don't help them, you know, you don't need Look, everything you need to do, whatever you want to do on this planet is encoded within you. You already have all the answers. It's just a matter of you having the courage to go inside to find that thing and then work towards it a little bit every day. Always talk about a system called a fifteen minute of a day system. If you're willing to spend fifteen minutes a day on something you really want and within three to six months you'll have it fifteen minutes a day. And I'm just talking about Monday and Friday. Monday to Friday, you could take Saturday and Sunday, oh, twenty four hours in a day if you spend fifteen. If you weigh nine hundred pounds and you want to be a ballerina, do fifteen minutes a day, fifteen minutes a day and that on that topic, you may be spent fifteen minutes looking at plus size women dance. You may spend fifteen minutes at a bar and your a house trying to do a dance bar. You may be doing the five steps, practicing them and talking about it and talking about it. Because see, the universe wants to know you commit to anything. It opens doors that you didn't even were there. So what happens not everybody you talk to you tell them I'm gonna be a ballerino. I'm gonna be a ballerina. Fifteen minutes a day you working on it. You might spend fifteen minutes a day just watching other ballerinas. But I guarantee you, by that third month you would have done so many things towards it and generated so much energy. Your phone gonna ring, You're gonna pick the phone up. Hey, hey, Charlotte, we're putting together a concert with plus sized women and we heard did you are trying to get in the game. You'll be like, holy shit, how did that happen to me? It happened to you because it happened for you, and it happened for you because you worked towards it fifteen minutes towards it every day. I swear you're coming through you. Yeah, yeah, you're conduit for it.
Speaker 5: We've all seen seen elements of that. I just wanted to asked really quickly about the addiction side of things. I mean, was that something that you felt like, I mean, I know that may have happened before. It seems maybe that was all kind of coinciding. But was that something that you used to be able to just be on all ways, go go go or were they separate? And then how are you able to get rid of that? How are you able to like, you know, replace that energy that you were spending on that which you know, it makes you feel like you have energy, but it's actually sapping you have energy. So how did you kind of, you know, reconcile that that was kind of.
Speaker 4: The start of all of it when you said it's actually sapping energy. You actually think you're getting something, you think you're going somewhere, and it's really draining you. You know. I'm doing a one man play in one hundred Cities called Michael Cawley's Mama. If you like your Mama, you're gonna love his play. And the play is an hour and a half place and I play seventeen characters. So I played my mother, and my father, and my four big brothers and me at four ages. The alcohol is crack heads and church ladies did run my community. And I get to tell that story about the addiction. But I get into addiction. I got into drugs called it was just fun. But I've always been responsible when it comes to work. So I never went to work high. I never would never go on the stage high. I wouldn't do nothing. I respect what it is I do, but like to say about to say earlier, I tell people on stage, if our job, our job is to train the universe to pay us to do what we love to do. See, because if you're just doing what you love to do, I swear the Bible says that your gift will make a way for you. So if you just doing what you love to do with all your heart and all your passion, all the elements you need for to succeed will come to your door. It will walk up to you. You won't even have to go look for it. So in doing this play I talk about all of it. The addiction for me is I was just party man. I used to do freebase before they even knew of a thing called crack. I used to sell freebase in Chicago. Did that made me want to taste cocaine? I liked it. I liked it a lot. But then I wasn't really messing with it till I got to the Venice. Now I get to Venice and all so many people on Venice were getting high. I started trying to get high, and I enjoyed it. You know, I had a lot of money and I didn't owe nobody nothing. It was Robin Williams who said, cocaine it's God's way of saying, you making too much goddamn money. You know, and so I have all this money. I leave in the beach with a sack of money. I ain't owe nobody nothing. And one day I said, I wonder if I take this rock and I drop it on this hot piece of glass. What happened? Okay? And then twenty three years later, my AS's trying to dig my way out the whole. Now parts of me say that maybe that's why I'm penalized. Maybe some of the people who don't work with me have having in the back of their man well he's crackhead, or he was a crackhead, or maybe during my crackhead days, people may have found me arrogant. I probably said things that I shouldn't have said the way I said them, or whatever. I don't know. I know one thing in my life. I've never never deliberately gone out of my way to hurt anybody, to step on nobody. I won't step on you to get the job. I don't want the job so bad that I'm to fuck you over so I can get an extra five dollars. I'm just not going to do that. I've just been living my life the way I want to live it, unfolding unto my greater self, and I don't always get it right. She is. Sometime I fuck it.
Speaker 3: Up, but I would love I want to talk about one of those. I want to talk about one of those times. I saw it. Not long ago, I don't know, it was years. I think at this point, you were in Philadelphia, you were in a park, a public.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 4: First of all, let me say the name Cigar Williams. Matter fact, let me say that Cigar Williams can can kiss my ass. Let me just say that he's my great friend in Philadelphia. His name is Cigar Williams. He takes me to buy me a cigar of smoke, and she knew some shit was up because he didn't get one for him. And we take the cigar. We like the ciga. We go back into the park U Writtenhouse Square in Philadelphia, which is the rich park. All the rich white people leave it, you know, black people even in that park. He might see one every nine and then, but it's always six or eight police patrolling a damn park, okay, because they got money like that. So I'm sending this smoking a cigar with my partner, and we see a cop harassing this young brother who has uh he's autistic, and he was handling a guy paper saying he's autistic, and the guy's writing him a ticket. So I'm staying with cigarette. William we laughing at the police. You know, he's a bicycle cop, you know what I'm saying. And this way he get all his power. He's sitting there right now home an innocent person a ticket. Well, he saw us laughing at him and made a bee line over to me. He said, you can't smoke in his park, and I said, cool, I can put it out or I could walk it out the park. He said, you put it out and give me your ID. So he takes my ID. Right, So while he's got my ID, he's taking twenty minutes to run my ID. You know, doesn't take no damn twenty minutes run ID. That means you running a man's background. He's trying to see if I got warrants in some way he can do more to me. Not backup. Then showed up another double meat eating fat ass cop. Did better have a pistol because he ain't gonna never catch nobody. He's better throw a stick at you. He can't catch it, so now his mutton Jeff both toiling over riding a ticket for me smoking. So I held my phone up and filmed the whole thing on FaceTime live, and I dogged him. I talked about him like a dog. I said, oh man, he just loved check. The requisition order went in for the pistols, but they won't come in till Thursday. You know what I mean. I'm just and the thing that made people love it because one point seven million people saw that. The thing that made people love it is I showed him how to deal with the police when they came to a black man wrong, but how to do it in a way that's respectful enough that he don't have to beat you up and shoot you an ass and taste you. You know. But some of us forget when the police show up that they're in charge. We forget that shit. Fuck you pull me over for naw. Okay, now you're gonna have to do the Ridney King dance. Okay, you can't do that. What you need to do is calm the fuck now when the police come, as long as I'm talking calmly, I'm not going off. I'm not reaching for sudden suddenly. They can't do shit to me, but talk to me, and I talked about him. I talked about his ass so bad. Oh lord. Now, once I got through and he gave me my ticket. Wait, and while I'm talking to him and he's writing his ticket, a white guy walks through, brazenly smoking a cigarette. By now, it's thirty people standing around watching this. So I pointed at him when I say, officer, look at the white guy smoking. He said, I'm too busy to look up, and he just kept writing. Right. So, because I left, and I didn't do what a lot of a lot of black people do a lot of black people. We get mad and we go talk about you motherfuckers behind your back. Yeah, we smoke a fat one man, I'm mother fuckers. Shit did that? No, I'm not doing it that well. I'm doing the white white folk with white folks report shit. They report that everybody do some shit.
Speaker 3: Talk.
Speaker 4: A little white lady, she the fuck happened. She's calling everybody in the community. She's gonna talk to the alderman, the mayor, the chief police. That's what I did. I went directly to the police station. I went right to the police station. I filed to report against that cops. I called the chief of police. We said, let us, the chief police, iad eternal affairs. We wrote everybody, and on top of one point seven million people, being on top wrote me a ticket for one hundred dollars. You can't even see the sign in the park. We pointed out, you got to go fan the sand that says no smoking. One hundred dollars. They threw that ticket away and apology as brother. That's what happened. And that's the power of entertainment. I know, I ain't afraid when I talk to you. It's just another presentation. You know what I'm saying. But that's why I keep saying that if you're out here as an artist, try to be self sufficient because you don't want to be a slave to nobody. You don't want to be a slave to a record label, to a producer, to anybody you want to be. You want to own yourself, you know. And that's what I do. Is so when you ask the question, why is there so many folks to how many all those top guys I haven't worked with, Well, I say, once again, everybody work with everybody. They all know each other, they drink together, they hang out together. So if one of them won't work with me, the other one won't. And I'm not saying that I'm on a black list, but I think it's a black black list out there that my name is pretty high on. You know what I'm saying, because it's all kind of folks of my hue who are doing all kinds of things and won't even ain't never brought me in. I can't audition for it or nothing. But look, be clear, I'm mentioning this because we're discussing it. I ain't complained about it because I don't give a damn. I tell you right now, but fuck you ain't got the higher my ass because God gave me Venice Beach. I know I can always go to the beach and makes some motherfucking month. I ain't gotta kiss nobody's ass to ever get I'm not just anyway. I can tell Joe anyway, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so there, Yeah, there's so many things that I think we can unpack here. And I know that Noel, Matt and I or we've got I think we all have a bunch of questions directions we're going to go down here. So let me just give like a laundry list one of the one of the things we're gonna have to get back to is the war on drugs just in the micro and a macrocosmic scale before we do that, Just as an opening to that door, Michael, I got to ask this, some of our audience always wants to hear whenever we have a guest of your caliber on the show. Are there any quote unquote conspiracy theories that you believe? And if so, which ones talking?
Speaker 4: Like JFK I Love Snowfall. That's a series that John Singleton created FX Television, and it tells the story about Ricky Ross. Now you know there's a rappers, but there was a real named Freeway and he's going to do my podcast Freeway Ricky Ross. Yes, and he's already said he's doing the podcast. So he ran crack cocaine syndicate all up and down the one ten Freeway in Los Angeles. Why that's why they called him Freeway Ricky Ross. And it's really his story, and it was who's that food? God? I'm trying to think of his name doing Nixon era had a ball head. It wasn't j Lord and Giddy. It wasn't it wasn't Lyddy, it wasn't Jay Gordon Lyddy. It was somebody like him. He was c i A and they ran operations to fight the contrast. So what they did is cracked cocaine into our community, gave it to Ricky Ross in exchange for money so that they can go back and buy guns to fight the contras. And he ends up going to prison for it for the rest of his life. Ricky Ross and the guy who set it up never did a day, not a day in jail, and that's how they finally turned it around and he got back out, and he tells this story everywhere, and Snowfall is based on that, and I absolutely know that that is the truth. You want to talk about a conspiracy, you may think of it as they as a theory, but it ain't no theory. The government is the reason that black people all fucked up with crack cocaine because we wasn't even know crack then they just had blow. And he brought all that shit and gave it to our community. Who would just give it to the black people, let them just sell and fuck themselves up, But you bring us back our portion so we can get guns.
Speaker 1: You know, CIA Air America they called it. I think for our freedom or or something like that. It's interesting you mentioned that we were doing a live show a while a while back. I can't remember where our talk was, and one of the things that we pointed out, we're talking to people about the war on drugs, which are pal Clayton English refers to as a war on people or.
Speaker 4: War for control.
Speaker 1: One thing that really stood out was, you know, look around areas that have been absolutely devastated by a crack cocaine and now by fintanahl and hillbilly heroin and stuff like that. There is not a single coca field that they have access to. They're not growing it, they're not making ak's out there. There's not a single poppy field out there, you know.
Speaker 4: So we don't have wear planes, we don't have access to planes to bring that shit in here, none of that. But now if you bring it to us and sit on our doorstep and we think we could chop it up, cook it up and sell it, what respect we're gonna do, you know, especially if you put us in a situation where we're impoverished, where society has set us up, well, we can't get the job. We we gotta fight for stuff. And here's an opportunity to make money that you couldn't even imagine. You gotta take a chance. Man, got to roll the dice. In some cases, you got to roll the dice. But I can't wait to talk to Rick Ross my show about that in detail. But yeah, yeah, I think the government had a conspiracy against our society, the black portion of our society, and said, fuck it, get him this dope, y'all bring us back this money for the guns, you know, and that you could always in everything you always foulow the money. I don't get fuck what do you follow the money and you'll see what's with Trump followed them my fucking money. Yeah, you gonna see what's going down.
Speaker 3: It's so weird with government money sometimes like that, the things that they refer to as black budgets that are never on books anywhere. Right, So you you know that the government's asked for eight hundred and fifty billion dollars, but there's fifty billion of that or one hundred and fifty billion of that that nobody ever knows where it went to, even the people who run the country. Right, the people who are in Congress have no idea, which is really just really creepy when.
Speaker 4: Found this list where the government had paid like seventeen thousand dollars for a fucking hammer. You know. It was like, what kind of accounting are they doing? Boxer screws two hundred and fourteen thousand, What we're in a rock?
Speaker 3: Iraq? They lost, well, how many billions of dollars?
Speaker 4: Man's a palette.
Speaker 1: It was a palette of a billion in cash and three cash.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, we can't find it.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Let's pause here for a word from our sponsor and then we'll be back with more Michael Collier and we've returned.
Speaker 3: So I was scrolling on Instagram the other day and I saw this comedian. He had a younger comedian. He'd pulled a little piece that he was doing on stage and it was a whole It was a joke that he set up pretty well on. The concept is blackface and how's wrong. It's absolutely wrong, nobody can ever do that. And then he talks about, well, what if you're in Special Forces and you've got a white guy on your team and you need to put a black face on him? And I thought about hot shots part due there's a visual joke in there that's.
Speaker 4: Just if you're heard it. Yeah, that's such a funny part. And we're all sitting there, everybody putting black face on their makeup, put on black makeup so they can go and fight in the water, putting on chemouflood. Then they passed me the black and I just look at it. It's giving a look, Matt.
Speaker 5: That brings up a really good point. What do you think things are off limits in comedy if you do it right and it's funny.
Speaker 4: I don't think it should be. I mean, I know people are always worried about being canceled. I don't worry about being canceled because I've never been on so uh it was so so I don't worry about that. But like people think, like people say stuff and stuff that's like it's not they'll say they'll accuse you something this like I've been accused of fat shaming for telling this joke, okay, And I don't think it's fat shaming okay, And it was the actual happenings. Fat lady was on a bike. She was a fat lady woman. Say is she a fat ad? What you want to call a big bone bro? I don't know. She was a fat woman. She was on the bike, she was paddling her ass off, and so I yelled out, cow right, She turned towards me, gave me the finger, turned back around, and ran right into the fucking cow.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes people might project their own things, you know. I think that's tell you guys very well, right, and sometimes people project their own things. It's true. And I really love to know your question about the idea of boundaries or what can or cannot be addressed. We know that comedy is a tremendously powerful social force. It enables us to speak directly to things that you know might get you, might get you in some deep water in some other countries or another contexts. What's that old saying only only the jester can talk shit.
Speaker 4: To the king. Uh.
Speaker 1: This exploration takes us in a couple of other other directions. The idea that now the CIA never officially admitted that they created in large part, the epidemic of drug use in the United States, And you point out that there are people who have a lot of evidence against them that have never gotten in trouble. Some of those people very well are alive today. What would you say, What observations do you have about you know, the idea that there's a shadowy group at the top, right that there's like an inner circle there. I say an illuminati. You hear that all the time, right, like so and so secretly runs the world. I don't think there's something.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's the Illuminati, but there's something. You know. They're small kebles of people who have great, great power that we don't even know exists. Even if you just start with the with the dark Web, there's so much stuff going on around our society that we have no access to. And it's not just going around us. It's going on and happening to us. And we don't even see that kind of stuff because they're doing all the stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: And if y'all think the government runs the government, y'all crazy as fuck. You know, I tell you right now, the pharma has more power over this world than anybody. The pharmacies. Look, seventy two percent of all commercials is about a medicine. It's about some pharmaceutical shit, some shit you didn't even know you need it until they told you.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: First they tell you they gonna create the cure, then they come tell you get it. Do you have ibs irritable bowel syndrome. That's itchy booty syndrome. How come we can't scratch our ass. We used to just scratch our ass maybe take a quick wash, but now your ass can't itch un less you take this pill because it's been drummed into your head or you got ibs. You don't want that, you know. I mean, I'm hearing shit every day that could be going on with your body I never even heard of before. I mean, they just make the shit.
Speaker 1: Up, Like halatosis was invented by by mouthwashed companies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just bad brand. Then they make the shit up and I List three got sixteen billion dollars they made this year. Do you talk about big pharma though?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, let's let us talk about another community that was impacted by a shadowy group that wasn't even that shadow We didn't even try that hard to cover their tracks, like the opioid epidemic, you know, which largely affected impoverished white communities. You know, it's another group that is to some degree left behind. And I'm not trying to be like, don't forget about us white people, but I mean it is a thing. There are people that live in certain part flyover states or whatever that are treated in a very similar way to the way the black community was treated as throwaway. You know, I don't know. I just interested in your thoughts there. And we know big Pharma did that. We know they did it.
Speaker 4: You know, well, yeah, big Farma is just I mean, really, I think the government scaled a big pharm. I think everybody scared a big farma because they got all the money. Once again, follow the money. It all comes to that. We got appeel for it. We don't fix it. The real peel is life, real peel is God. The real way to fix something is to understand you're already complete and compact the way you was built. You come with all your accessories. You're already ready to go. But if we're in a society, keep teaching, teaching you you need this or you need that for you to be happy, or you have to have this to be happy. You have everything you need already to be happy, man, And the really good stuff don't cost money, you know. I'd like the guy was talking to the hooker and he said, do you believe in free love? And she said, yeah, I believe in free love? And they had sex and when it's over. She said fitted dollars, and he said, fitty dollars. I thought you said you believe in free love. He said, I believe in free love. Was free the sex, That's all I'm yeah, so yeah, So it's it's a lot of stuff out there, man, I mean, I'm scared to even look like I wouldn't even look on the on the black web. If you see the kind of stuff that's happening in and around us, you'll be very frightened.
Speaker 3: Well, Michael, I want I want to ask you something. It's a little strange. There's been a whole bunch of mainstream news, including coming from the United States Navy, about this stuff called UAP. We used to know it as UFOs. Have you Have you seen any of that news?
Speaker 4: Does that?
Speaker 3: Does that interest you at all? The concept of maybe either aliens or some kind of super sophisticated military tech.
Speaker 4: No. I First, I do believe that there's UFOs. I do believe that there's aliens. I do believe that there's something out there greater than us. I pray that there is something smarter than humans, Please Jesus, please, So I really think, I mean, I'm still trying to figure out although black people and I'm sorry, y'all white could y'all might want to won't agree with that. But black people, to me the greatest people in the whole wide world, and since the beginning of time they've been building shit. But I still haven't figured out how we built the pyramids. I'm sorry, I am sorry. I think we had help from aliens on that one, and also called them all the mathematical equations that that made the building of them is the building of the pyramids is set up to fix astrology, to align up with the stars and with the universe. I just don't know, way, way, way, way way back then that we were thinking on those levels on Earth.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, because they didn't have TV sucking up their attention, they didn't have like, they had much more focus, went much more connected the natural world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean definitely.
Speaker 1: Most eerrors of history. I agree there. This is where okay, I think we play Maybe this is how we we start to end this show. We want to we want to save the hook.
Speaker 6: Right as you were telling us earlier in the show, how long is that you say that it's actually been almost solid almost be an hour.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna get off. You're gonna get off the episode. The first thing you're gonna do talk to Malika and say, God, those guys just don't shut up.
Speaker 4: So much.
Speaker 5: And well, it's that's what you'r We like. We like asking you questions, we like getting your perspective. All the stuff is that we think about every day, and it's really cool to have people involved in the conversation that are don't have some acts to grind, don't have some agenda you with just.
Speaker 4: People that have feelings and like your observation and observation. So that's what interests us.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I have a quick list. You want to end it.
Speaker 4: You wanted to.
Speaker 1: Conspiracy Well I wanted to do conspiracy quiz.
Speaker 4: Okay, like we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we I think we missed it with aliens, but we've got to got to take there. So the way we play this game, Michael, is we will just like kind of rapid fire, We'll ask you just a bare bones, a basic couple of conspiracy theories, and you let us know whether you buy them all the way, whether you think it's you know, absolute hogwash, or something might be true about it. So let's start with one of the famous ones. Staying on aliens, staying on extraterrestrials. Do you think the US government or any other world government actually found a piece of like a spaceship.
Speaker 4: And we got them. We got them here. Definitely, I guarantee you that they got them the area fifty one. That shit is real. And I'm gonna tell you. Out here in California, I see mountains that I swear to this activity in those mountains when I come down to fourteenth because I'm right off the fourteen Freeway, which is the Palmdale near Lancaster, so the worst name is near us. The stealth Bomber is like maybe four miles from my house, and sometimes you can hear what sounds like the earth is moving. You just hear, you know what the hell it is, and it'll just be dark and go past. I mean, so I think that they got a bunch of stuff in the mountains here. I think they have underground stuff. And I definitely think that aliens have been here and got trapped here. I mean, I don't think any aliens came here and lived except the ones that are living and playing like the humans. But I don't I think that we have had alien activity here. I think alien vehicle parts are some way here to be found. Yes, absolutely, Michael. Did you see the film? Nope?
Speaker 5: No, no, ohat watching Nope. It's a it's a real good description of kind of what you're described. It's a good like dramatization in a really wonderfully paced did you know, funny yet intense science fiction film you know from Jordan Peele and it's it's absolutely phenomenal and it's all about like what's going on above ground, like in the clouds or in the mountains, you know, and like what does that feel?
Speaker 4: I think you'd get a kick because you said all of that. I'm gonna watch it now. I hadn't had a chance to see it, but I'm gonna take time to watch very interesting film.
Speaker 1: Let's go to uh, let's go to another one. Let's see like one or two more conspiracy criz with Michael Collier running ship.
Speaker 4: I thought we did.
Speaker 3: I've got one for you. Have you ever heard anyone talking about fluoride in the water.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure no, except for okay, I know chlorine in the water, but I don't know about fluoride the water. What's that?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, there's so there is fluoride in most of America's public drinking water sources. And it goes back a long time ago when it was decided that there needs to be something a couple of different chemicals in the water to clean it just a little bit as it goes through the you know, the processing plants right the waste.
Speaker 4: But they didn't have a flint Michigan all right now.
Speaker 5: But but Matt, isn't the idea also that it's like it's good for your teeth. But it's also something that some people have issues with, like is it or is it something else?
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 1: Calcifying glass?
Speaker 3: The the scientific theory behind it and the reasoning behind it is that consuming fluoride does strengthen teeth, but strengthened that teeth strengthening is when fluorides apply directly to your teeth. And how often are you just swishing water around all the time except for if you're washing your mouth out right. The concept is if you ingest enough of that fluoride, it potentially has some subduing of the mind effects because it was used in it was used by several groups, including the Nazis, to subdue people in the past.
Speaker 4: I mean that's true but are you supposed to ingest it? Though? Are you supposed to drink it? Well? I mean they say it's fine, you know, I mean, you know, that's like toothpaste. If you brush the teeth of two paste, you're not supposed to because you know what's in it and spit it out.
Speaker 5: But but man, man, wouldn't wouldn't the government say that the amount that's in the water supply, which is acknowledged, is safe to consume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course you'd have to be consistently drinking water and peeing it out all day long.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I know, I know it's bullshit. If they said it, they've had It's okay.
Speaker 1: We're seeing a lot of We're seeing a lot of I think we're speaking a lot of the same languages here. The idea of self reliance, it's very important to us. Uh, the concept of yeah, we maybe we shouldn't automatically trust people in power. Right, Uh, let's see another. Okay, corrupts and.
Speaker 4: Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But I just think that we as a people, uh, we fought everybody black and white. Even though we still fight each other as black and white. The bold of us will hear both black and white fault to have the kind of country where people do have decency, where there is an order, there's a hierarchy, and there's an understanding of the direction we're going, and we will all work towards that. That is the understanding. This guy came into a system that's called politics and said, well, let's get rid of the politicians. It's like the lifeguard going down and saying, hey, who's gonna weak. Well, let's get rid of everybody who can swim, all the people that swim with me. Let's get some non swimmings. It's god damn pool. You expect people to swim as politics. You expect people to be political in the world of politics. And so what we got is someone who's the opposite of politics. And you think, can anything be worse than politics? Yes, the opposite of it, which is called Trump. In fact, you see right here, I got me some Trump politician.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I can tell you there is nothing more joyful than wiping your as with a helpless sheets. That is Trump issue.
Speaker 1: However, I want to say something though I want to, I want to say something is defense. Uh. He has been an amazing statesman and a great politician for Russia.
Speaker 4: He's got their best interest.
Speaker 5: But I would argue, though you say, you know, the opposite of politics was worse than it's Trump, I would argue, the opposite of politics is complete chaos, uh and no organization. So it's like we you know, they always say that what is a democracy is the worst system of government except for.
Speaker 4: All the other ones.
Speaker 5: You know, we're all doing our best to buie byass systemwhere we can exist and not murder each other. It's not working supermand other countries. But we we can't though, not just based on decorum, not.
Speaker 4: Just back goddamn it. That's a different show.
Speaker 1: Okay, forty acres, get get forty acres out in San Francisco, you know, don't let them stick you with we get to pick out in North Dakota.
Speaker 4: Well you your doctor, doctor Field just came out and see it. If they took twelve trillion dollars, they could pay off all the black descendants of slaves like three hundred and fifty thousand dollars each. But they need to turn it right back around and see it. But you ain't get that kind of money to black people unless you show the loose money. And doctor killed me fuckerr yeah, it's not right now. He said, we first need to have to train them how. We need to train them how to properly use money. Otherwise, and these are his words, it would be disastrous. So you saying you can't give me the money you owe me unless I use it the way you think is a proper way to use it. If I take that ship and bury it in the backyard, it's my shit. You should just give me what's man, and don't say I can only have it under a certain condition. Reparations mean repairing something that you understand you have broken, and the breaker is supposed to fix it. And they fixed that with the American Indian They gave them off man casino them was a rolling. They did it with the Japanese in the tournament camps. They gave white folks money to make up for the slaves they lost when they had to release the slaves. And nobody asks any of those people what they're gonna do when they get the money. They just say, here your stuff, gonna have a good day. So doctor phild kissed my butttop the darkest recesses. Okay, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 3: See I wish I was taught how to handle money, because when I started my first job and knew how to do things, I had no idea what to do with money.
Speaker 4: I know idea.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's a thing that just comes with time, or you've got some kind of teacher that has money that shows you how it works. I'm just saying, like I wish our public schools would.
Speaker 4: The public how do's he's in the school.
Speaker 1: It's a design. The public school system is designed to create temperate factory workers. That's why. That's how it came. That's whether there's not financial literacy classes right the closest. A lot of people got with something like as.
Speaker 4: They took that away.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know, can we hand with one conspiracy I had?
Speaker 1: I had one too, but we'll just have mister call your back.
Speaker 5: Can I just quickly just add to sex ed was controversial because they don't want people to have safe sex. They want them to have too many goddamn kids so that they're poor forever.
Speaker 4: So they didn't want to talk about it at all. Or it's a controversy, the go ahead, you both had one, we could squeeze the me and come on, Matt, what's your theory?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, my conspiracy is okay, it's the year. I think it's probably nineteen ninety nine when you found out. I have a feeling it wasn't two thousand. But when you found out that there was a thing called the Original Kings of Comedy Tour happening and you weren't a part of it, where were you and how did you find out?
Speaker 4: First of all, I don't understand how they had a show called the Kings of Comedy without the King. Let's just start with that. I was right there at the time, but I wasn't invited. You know, it was Steve's idea. And the truth of the matter is he did invite me at one point and then two weeks later I tried to reach him. I never heard from him again. But it was right around the time that he had lost his first manager who we all loved, named Juan Hall, and Wan Hall had died, so I guess the new team came in and helped him change his man. I was almost on that, but no, it didn't happen. Just a lot of the things like that, I haven't Shaq went out and did the Shack Comedy Tools. I wrote Shack sh I he had thirty seven comedians. I say, it ain't thirty seven motherfuckers on this planet that's funny than me. It might be thirty two, thirty three, but thirty seven one of a nigga got to do to get on Shacks comedy things. So I don't know, and when you would ask me? So, when did Shack become the arbiter for what's funny? Just putting that out there. He's so funny, goofy. Let me tell you something. He is doing commercials for everything. He lost me last week though, when he did that commercial for Tampacs, I said, I am done Shack for tam PACs. I'm like, now, watch out.
Speaker 1: Shock. Shack's a big deal here at our fair Metropolis of Atlanta. Man, he runs the Krispy Krees.
Speaker 4: That's I'm a Shack fan. No, don't get it. I'm a Shack fan.
Speaker 1: We all walked it back, Yeah, walked it back. But so okay, here's uh, you know, I almost want to save this one. We'll see if it works. But the last, that's one I wanted to ask that we It's kind of something we talk about a lot and a lot of people privately believe in something like this wanted to ask you, between just you millions of listeners in the n Essay and us, do you believe in psychic powers?
Speaker 4: Oh? Absolutely absolutely. I know people who are brilliant at it as well. No. Absolutely, I'm in that whole thing. That's my thing right there. I'm with all of that, everything that deals with the spiritual, with the energy of connecting on a spiritual plane, on astro travel, all that can. I absolutely believe in it. And I've done mushrooms, so I have traveled, you know. I mean, if you understand what what hallucinogenic mushrooms are about, you know, I have taken a hero's dose. You know that is a hero does, is like ten or more grams. I have taken enough where I could literally fold space. There's a movie called Dune. You're not that new original one from the real Herbert from the real book. And in Dune they're all looking for the spice, the spice milange. It gives you the ability to fold space, to go anywhere in the universe without moving. That's what mushrooms are. And man, I've sat down and had conversations with my father who died when I was twelve, and I've sat and had conversation with him like he was here right now. So I believe in all that type of stuff. Oh, absolutely, that stuff is very very real. Do you think it can be taught? No, I don't think. I think that's something you have or you don't have. I don't think that could be taught. You know, I have a great teacher of spirituality named Starius. A Starius miraculously pull him up a starist, miracularize a bad boy, and he could read his reading ninety eight percent accurate. He does dideri, due wielding, he does energy old, he does a thing called what's that thing that everybody else is doing? Right reichy Ome. He does all of those modalities, and he's king at that stuff. And I absolutely believe, absolutely believe the stuff he's saying. And a lot of it is he helped my life, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, this is something where we're at the point where I know we've opened several doors, not just the doors of perception, but the doors the future. Conversation. Mister Collya, the time has flown by What if time is more than a construct? Maybe we'll maybe we'll be on mushrooms next time we record. We've got to ask. Yeah, we got to ask people, where's no shooting the thumbs up? We gotta woo woo woo. Uh So, where can folks learn more about your work? Where can they listen to Michael talks to everybody? Where can they follow you online?
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking that very important, impertinent question. Okay, y'all can fad me anyway? First of all, I do the most amazing show in the whole world for me right now, which is now Michael talks the air Body. Because I'm doing that and it's not everybody, it's air e r r bo d y Airbody. My first guest was T. S. Madison. She had a show on WE Network and she's just just a brilliant Uh. We have raw, real people on my show. We had Earthquake come turn it out. We had t I. I got to tease him about him getting booed off stage, but he turned that around. He was doing comedy, he got booed. Now he figured it out and he's selling out places doing comedy. Booing what nothing compared to JB. Smooth. Oh my god, I love JB. Smooth. But they booed him so hard in Atlanta. I could hear the shit in the plane I was flying over here, boo, So why are they doing JB Smooth? We love Joey Smooth. I love, but sometimes you have to have the right material for the right audience. The incorrect presentation can throw you off. And I think in his case, he was in the wrong place in the line of comedians because when you go up, you're good, then better, then better, then better then better, So it has the role. And I think he went behind somebody else who's high energy. I think he followed somebody like Oh, I think he followed who the guy has his own show, Ricky Smiley, Ricky Smiley, because Ricky Smiley was killed on Artistle Screaming. And then I think jab just came out with some laid back, smooth comedy. They wasn't ready for it, you know. So so on the show we've had, I think the smartest black man I've talked to so far, who is Heil Harper. I don't even know how he get that big brain in that little bit of head. We did a show called It's Church Relevant, but I did it with three of my heathen friends, so I felt like that wasn't quite Kosha. So we went back and did part two and we brought in Yolanda Adams and Bisp vans Old, so we have people from the church that represent So we talked to everybody about everything. It's off the chain and all you can do is go to iHeart or wherever you get your podcasts and put in. Michael talked to everybody. That's one way to follow me. I have a morning show five days a week on YouTube, Michael Kaya Morning Show. I have I'm on Toby. I got two films on Tooby. I got two films. Are just putting the can oh Man. I just shot a movie where I played Jackade's husband to Sheena Arnold's daddy. Uh. Tommy Davison is the minister and the lady who played Cedric's girlfriend on Steve Harvey's show. Terry J. Vinn directed it. It's called Soul Flat Christmas and when I tell you it is amazing, you know. Plus, my comedy album is out everybody. It's on all streaming services. It's a picture of me sitting on a toilet. It's called let Me Drop this on you, Yeah, on you, And and then I'm dropping two books and this last thing. I got two books. I have a children's book called Little Bobby White, which is by a little black boy who always wins because he always chooses to do the right thing. You know. So we're supposed to get to a point in our lives where we can't choose between right and wrong if we know right and wrong. No, that's the children's book, so that the children book children about right, you know. The erotic book is called in the Wet Spot Blewe a Rod Cup by mc butternuts and it's gonna kill. It's an audiobook. Already did it on a breakfast club. I did one point from it. People went crazy. I did it on eighty five South. People went crazy. So that's coming out like about two months. And I'm hirable. Yes, the voices pass over, hangover. I do a party of the phone booth if you promise to call, I take green Steff food, step Connective money. I take your bus transfer if it's got some time left on it. I don't know what you'all talking about. Were doing it around here, So.
Speaker 3: Michael, thank you so much for being This was a delight and thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh he got bailed. Oh come on, somebody, that's fuel that sounds I hear it in mane. Let me tell you, I'd be having these chicken and now I'd be on stage with them and people want the chicken. I had the little one merchandising got them to me. He in the audience, he said, I'll give you twenty dollars for that chicken. I said, well, give me the money. So he walked up the stage. He said, wait a minute, baby, give me some more money. We're gonna give him thirty. She said, dadd they give him fouty. So they gave me forty for the chicken, and he turned around, walked back to the table, and I went up to the microphone. I said, I paid four dollars and eighty six cents for that chicken, and it was just great. Your chicken is very popular. Y'all will be hearing about the chicken all over the world, you know.
Speaker 5: So there's a TikToker, a YouTube video where someone took like fifty of those and squeezed them all at the same time that it sounds will haunt your nightmare, I tell you.
Speaker 4: At the same.
Speaker 1: Time, somebody made one that plays music too. They got chickens with different pitches and rolled over them.
Speaker 4: Well, the internet is wild. Some sucker tried to trick me and gave me a dunk.
Speaker 1: Customer. Well, folks again, as you said, Matt, mister, call you. Thank you so much for being so generous with your time. Today. The show is Michael talks to everybody. Full disclosure. I've been on there once.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'd love to.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, all three of y'alls to come on the one together and let's just have fun to chop it up. I would love that so much. You know, we thank you for the invitation. We love to I know, I am honest, I've been here. This was so much fun. God, bless y'all, real good man, thank you, thank you, thank you, love everybody. Her name is Sonia and she soon will be Sonia. We get engaged. God, bless y'all, thank you so much. Having we want to come hang with you in Venice Beach. You see shoot this special this summer. It's gonna blow your man, and I'm giving them money to the homeless. It's gonna be that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Watch We'll come through.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I appreciate you me any time. By now.
Speaker 1: What a ride we could have done. We could have done that for easily a couple more hours.
Speaker 5: Right, It's like riding on a jet ski, on a surfboard, on a raging bull of some I mean it was just all the kinds of rides like like packed into one. What a delight, What a cool human with a wealth of experience and interesting perspective.
Speaker 4: Man, that was awesome.
Speaker 3: It's almost like Michael spent years and years and years performing every day for giant audiences somewhere.
Speaker 4: You can't fake that kind of timing, man, you just can't do it. That was.
Speaker 1: Mister c Is is indeed a very genuine person, great guy, and we're not We're not blowing smoke, folks. When we have people on our show, we're respectful your time as well. So we only really have people on if we think it's going to be a worthwhile conversation exploration. Do check him out. Everything that said is this is where we also learned Matt as a huge art hotshots part du fan.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that look that it was. It meant a lot to me in my life. I guess around the time. I was only ten when it came out, so I don't think I saw it like immediately. I must have been a little older when I finally found it.
Speaker 5: But uh wow, I think I remember renting it from the video store. I do remember it coming out in theaters because speaking of chickens, doesn't isn't he like like shooting a chicken out of his bow and arrow and it's like on fire and it's obviously Charlie. I meant to follow up, like, did Charlie Sheen just discover him on Venice Beach and that's how he got the gig. I wanted to hear that story, but we went so many places we could have gone. Oh the places you'll go when you talk to Michael Collier.
Speaker 1: That was awesome and who knew he was a fellow psychonaut yea. We want to hear some of your thoughts regarding this. No, I think we're fans of playing the conspiracy Quiz game. We also want to hear, of course, your your ideas, your suggestions for future episodes, things you think your fellow conspiracy realist would enjoy. It's hopefully very easy to find us. You can say our name three times in a mirror in the dark, or you could just go online.
Speaker 4: You know, either either or I recommend the latter, but the first one's fun.
Speaker 5: Two and there can be interesting side effects. But if you want to find us online you can do so. We are conspiracy Stuff. That is our handle on Facebook, or we have our Facebook group. Here's where it gets crazy. We're also conspiracy stuff on YouTube, lots of new content popping off there just about every week, and also Twitter. You can find this conspiracy stuff. We're conspiracy Stuff show. On the other hand, on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 3: If you'd like to call us and use your words, you may. Our number is one eight three three std WYTK. It's a voicemail system. You've got three minutes. Please do give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name in message on one of our listener mail episodes. If you don't like using your phone, that's okay too. You can still contact at us with a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 1: We are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: Stuff they Don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.