Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the breakfast club is old.
Speaker 2: Wait yalla, the breakfast Club Envy and Charlemagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 3: You then i'na come here when this thing.
Speaker 1: See y'all different, y'all the culture it's different. You know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y're talking.
Speaker 4: This is probably becoming the most prominent form for Hill probably.
Speaker 5: Being here next to all of you guys. It's really bi put it. Put it in perspector to the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Bitches, Wake up, good morning Usa yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Yo yo yo yo yo Charlemagne, the God Peace to the plan.
Speaker 9: It is Friday.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's Friday.
Speaker 10: We got our guests, hold some horrible decisions, Wheezy and Mandy.
Speaker 9: Big morning, ladies, good money. We're in the building yard lady. No, no, not single to mind. We're hearing the right day, freaky Friday. Ready to hear about No at six o'clock in the morning, but you should be ready today.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's freaky, freaky, freaky Friday, eight o'clock when the freaking is really kicks off.
Speaker 3: That's right, it really kicks off.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you this too early for me. I feel like I got hit by a bus.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that last night.
Speaker 9: My god, I was trying to bring up a fun We're not.
Speaker 7: Doing the bus jokes today, My goodness, daily. I'm sorry. My brain is average right now. Sorry, I I just wouldn't let you know. I'm tired of this story.
Speaker 10: I mean it's many text tweets, d ms, Instagram, social media, Facebook, my Space, black Planet and all things I didn't know exist were hitting me yesterday.
Speaker 8: So I just want to say salute to everybody out there.
Speaker 10: Sometimes it's necessary to have those type of conversations. Conversations and k Williams don't have beef. We don't hate each other. Well, I don't hate us, she doesn't hate me yesterday, said she appreciates.
Speaker 11: Maybe you missed your sure social media site mehentde what you're talking about, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead and let the people know you was.
Speaker 10: I was not on me hin day and shot everybody in Kentucky too. I'm in Kentucky for the Kentucky Derby. That's why I have my uh my shirt on. Yesterday was the sneaker ball so that's why I'm a little dressed up now, and I just want to let you know, Charlemagne, don't get excited, but it is freaking freaky Friday. I have no bottoms on, so just have a top on.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you felt to tell me that. I don't know why you're talking about tops and bottom. Why are you talking about tops and bottom there?
Speaker 10: Because I'm a top and we always talk about tops and bottom. I'm a top right now. Just I want to let you know that I'm dressed up professionally, tops, no bottom.
Speaker 1: Glad you're not here. I'm glad you're not here because it's single to Mayo, and I thought everybody was going to be in the spirit. I thought y'all was going to come in here and cabreros or at least be.
Speaker 9: Dressed like, don't do this all. We're not getting canceled after yesterday.
Speaker 1: You be canceled as we celebrating. I got the you know what I mean?
Speaker 11: How american do you just say we drinking? It's sick of Demaya. You know there's there's real three behind it. Maybe we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 1: I don't know too.
Speaker 8: That's so I know too breaking.
Speaker 1: Tacos coming this morning to we are so media, we are so medium when it comes to the other coaches.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: That's charlamage. Let me let me ask you a question. Know you and Evan Kate Williams are really really, really really cool.
Speaker 3: I'm not stay freaky.
Speaker 8: It's freaky freaky freaky Friday. No, I'm not standing.
Speaker 9: Just tell her.
Speaker 1: Stand up because what I don't have nothing lest yes you need you ain't got no body no like this.
Speaker 10: Well we go in the commercials. I'll turn around for well, let's get this show crack. We got a lot to talk about today. When we come back, we got front page news. Testling figure Out will be joining us. She'll break down everything that's happening in the news and of course get it off your chest. You get on the phone lines right now. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning every body, and cej n V Charlemagne the guy.
Speaker 8: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news now. Of course, our guest co host this Smalls this morning.
Speaker 10: This morning is weezy and Mandy Beef horrible decisions and we got testing figure over.
Speaker 8: I want to test Good.
Speaker 13: Morning everybody, Breakfast Club, Horrible Decisions and the building Charlemagne and.
Speaker 14: DJ and yes.
Speaker 10: Now, last night the Warriors beat the Lakers one twenty seven to one hundred.
Speaker 1: Anybody's in the game. It was late, right, Yeah, I watched it. I watched it up until the third quarter. But it wasn't. They didn't just beat them, they watched them. Hope to wipe the ass with the Lakers.
Speaker 8: Last Jesus, Yeah, it was bad Jesus.
Speaker 14: You say up late, charlet Man, you normally go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Now, the game came on a little earlier last night. I think he came on, like what eight o'clock, nor.
Speaker 14: You normally in the band through about seven forty five.
Speaker 8: I actually like it.
Speaker 11: I actually liked that they won because something kind of different that we're getting now, Like, you know, you have your pressers that the athletes have after the games. But Draymond has been very vocal on his podcast during this playoffs, and he said some things about Lebron recently. So I'm just glad that he got him washed. And and but there is only one who are you going for?
Speaker 1: I mean I picked I picked the Warriors at the beginning of the season to win the championship.
Speaker 8: I think the Warriors got it too. I want to be right.
Speaker 9: I tell y'all what I feel like. I'm listening in the Spanish on this and go to my own I heard Lebron I said that's the word. I know, you know what. I really try to fake sports when I on a date, though, really, Oh yeah, who's your favorite team? I'd be like, I just love Brooklyn.
Speaker 10: Let's talk about the four the four Proud Boys found guilty.
Speaker 13: Yeah, when Donald Trump told the Proud Boys to stand back and stand by, it went wrong.
Speaker 14: Let's take a listen. I'll give you some facts and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 15: On the other side, four members of the far right Proud Boys convicted of seditious can't be you receipt a jury finding Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, Ethan Norden, Joseph Biggs, and Zachary Real guilty of seditious conspiracy and other charges in a verdict affirming the prosecutor's central allegation that they conspired to stop the peaceful transfer of power on January sixth by attacking the capital.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 14: So again, like you just heard.
Speaker 13: The guilty verdict marks the third time that prosecutors have secure convictions for sedacious conspiracy in the Justice Department's historic prosecution of those who breached the Capitol on January sixth, Each of those defendants that you just heard were convicted of at least one charge that carries a.
Speaker 14: Twenty year maximum prison sentence.
Speaker 13: The sentencing date for the five defendants have not been scheduled in as an fyi guys. By January sixth, twenty twenty three, which is the second anniversary of the attack, at least nine hundred and seventy eight people have been charged with federal crimes.
Speaker 3: Are these folks getting in real time?
Speaker 1: Though? Are up to twenty eight getting like sentences? I mean up to twenty years? But what were they actually? Yeah, what are they getting sentenced?
Speaker 14: The jury?
Speaker 13: Well, the jury's not still out, but we we will see, you know, we'll we'll see what it looks like. And uh, you know, at least they're they're getting something done, moving the needle, you know on that.
Speaker 8: And you know, we've always.
Speaker 14: Talked about no shottle man.
Speaker 13: That's been a big thing for you, Like somebody gonna get charge of somebody can charge, so also getting charged.
Speaker 14: But so we'll see what the time is looking like.
Speaker 9: Did you say that the Proud boys leader's name was Enrique?
Speaker 8: Yes, oh.
Speaker 9: Expect that.
Speaker 11: Goodness all that was a big shocker for Can I ask you, has anybody been sentenced at all? I mean we're still waiting on sentencing for Tory Lanes, but has literally anyone been sentenced for for this act?
Speaker 5: And what was the sentence if you know?
Speaker 13: Yeah, they Well it's been over nine hundred and seventy eight people charged, so yeah, charged, and but there have been some.
Speaker 14: Sentencing, some sentence sentencing on those charges.
Speaker 13: I don't have that right in front of me to be able to say who was sending its last, but yes, there has been.
Speaker 1: The last person I remember was a woman from Ohio, Iowa four days ago, and I think she got sentenced to five months in prison four days That's what I want to know.
Speaker 9: The Flak Lives Matter?
Speaker 16: Wow?
Speaker 10: Wow, right, Well we got let's jump to Andrew Gilliam. What's going on with Andrew Gilliam? I know, we got to run right fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So, while the Proud Boys were found guilty, Andrew Gillen was found not guilty of lying to the FBI. Now, just to refresh everybody's memory quickly, this case in twenty twenty two, prosecutors alleged that the former Democrat nominee for governor of Florida and ex mayor of Tallahassee, Andrew Gillam, took thousands of dollars in which he was supposed to which was supposed to be used for political donations, and was funneled to his own to his own bank accounts. Prosecutors claimed that Gilliam lied about his interactions with the undercover FBI agents who posed as developers and paid for a trip out into New York.
Speaker 14: So fast forward.
Speaker 13: The federal jury on Thursday found him not guilty of lying to the FBI, while dead locking on eighteen other counts, prompting the judge to declare a mistrial on those charges. So this is pretty impressive because you know, the FED, the Fed's got a high conviction rate, and when the alphabet come for you, it's a wrap.
Speaker 14: So this is pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Not only is it impressive that he beat the Fed, like you know, he was like raising money for for illegal fees, like literally right up to the moment that he had to go to trials. So he didn't even have the money. Now, usually he saif he got money, you can beat these kind of cases. He didn't even have the money. So clearly the jury found like the clearly the jury thought he was really truly not guilty.
Speaker 5: I mean not only that he's a black man going against the past.
Speaker 13: Right, let's mark this, let's mark this down in history. White men were convicted yesterday and black ben a black man got off.
Speaker 10: Hell, you test a little scene in a couple of minutes, everybody else, get it off your chests.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 10: If you need to vent phone lines wide open, it's the breakfast Club on b E.
Speaker 17: T the Breakfast Club w this is your time to get.
Speaker 2: It off your chest eight five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast gloves.
Speaker 18: Hello, Hi, this is Paysance. This is the second time I've gotten through.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 19: I just want to.
Speaker 18: Say good morning to everybody. Weezy and Mandy. I watch your podcast on YouTube. I have been watching four years, so gradulated so much?
Speaker 9: Can you say it louders of people know that we're famous or.
Speaker 18: Hard No, no, no, I have been watching for years and I'm going to the Climax tour on July seventh in Houston.
Speaker 5: Come on, you see Climax store.
Speaker 9: We are going on the road, and are we gonna have you on stage? Because we got some real nasty contests and I just don't want to know the great.
Speaker 18: I'm just gonna save me and my husband. We've been watching for a long time. We've been together for a really long time, and I wanted to just shout him out real quick because he's always on the way to work at five o'clock.
Speaker 9: I know that's does he drive it by us? No, No, Jesus, we'll shout.
Speaker 18: Out to your husband.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 9: Right now? That was the cadence of like and we're coming to the show, so.
Speaker 20: That maybe maybe, But I just want to I just want to let him know we've been together for ten years or our ten year anniversary is July twenty.
Speaker 18: Fourth, and ready nine.
Speaker 21: We've already done that. We've already done.
Speaker 9: I cannot wait to bring up on stage for our breakup game. So I'm looking forward to see you.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, see if you last.
Speaker 1: But oh that's horrible, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 18: I just want to say I love you, guys.
Speaker 20: And the baby I love you too, And I know you were listening to this, and I'm gonna call you right after this.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you how I want to suck your good day?
Speaker 8: Now is Mandy? Tell them what you're gonna be? What city? So people want to join you, guys, they can.
Speaker 11: Yeah, guys, were going on our Climax tour, which actually kicks off in the Midwest in June. So June ninth, we're kicking off in Detroit the d you hear it, and then Cincinnati the day right after, followed by Chicago shut down.
Speaker 1: How do you take it?
Speaker 9: Oh, go to.
Speaker 11: Whore hive dot com and get your tickets. Down at the bottom there's a tour link and literally we're coming to sixteen right.
Speaker 9: Now where I am the climb Max. Take that how you want it. This is our final tour. It is Charlotte and said it's the best he's ever seen.
Speaker 1: Can you say best live podcast in the business. If you've never seen a live podcast and you wonder, you know, what is a live podcast?
Speaker 3: Why would I go see one? Go see horrible decision?
Speaker 11: But a fellows It is a place that you can come with your friends. There are a lot of women that want to get laid right after our show.
Speaker 9: This is what I'm trying to sell the tickets because we pretty much already sold out on most of the cities.
Speaker 1: But now you and your boy, shall we.
Speaker 9: Leave them with a chick because they get so freaking horny they're learning all these tips and then you're just like, Wow, it's only ten guys year out of a thousand people, and they all end up getting.
Speaker 8: Jesus nice.
Speaker 9: Have me go on my head.
Speaker 8: Let's go che him up. A caller, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 22: Good morning? Your boy got me from the brunx Hey Bronks aka mister thirteen and a half. I want to talk about the devil staated when it comes to man flexing on line and one inflexing online.
Speaker 1: You're not average too, by the way.
Speaker 3: I want to show that out there. There's nothing typical of Medio time about you.
Speaker 9: I'm growing now black Pete Davidson.
Speaker 8: What you was in.
Speaker 23: Now?
Speaker 22: P Davis?
Speaker 21: They got nothing on me but respect for me?
Speaker 9: Okay, and my Instagram handles weezy wt. The dms are open.
Speaker 22: Yes, I won't be in your DM later I might seem real pick the shout out to my girl Taz.
Speaker 21: Taz went to my.
Speaker 22: Instagram page and she verified at thirteen that a half. So I want to shout out to pass.
Speaker 24: What.
Speaker 1: The hell is going on on this brother.
Speaker 8: Pulling uh peen picks test? We can hear you?
Speaker 13: Oh okay, I'm just yes, absolutely, he called into the show, and you know, I'm here to verify facts. And so I told him, just like you, that the d ms were open, and the gentleman uh certainly sent the information. And because I do from page news, I needed to see what was happening in the front. And I have confirmed that he is indeed thirteen.
Speaker 1: For research purposes, only the research.
Speaker 14: Purpose and just everybody, no, he said, he said.
Speaker 9: And just so you know, he.
Speaker 13: Sent a clean pic. You know, he had his pants on. He didn't send unlike MV sitting over there butt naked on a chair. He did send his you know, with his pants on. But you could literally see he sent the you know, the gray sweatpants. You know that we can all tell was what. Well, I don't know about the half, but based upon my experience a visual you know, projection, he is definitely somewhere between the inches of you know, maybe twelve or thirteen eleven.
Speaker 14: Definitely more than ten for sure.
Speaker 10: News Jesus, all right, get on your chest eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Tell him.
Speaker 25: Ray Ray Ray, Yo, Charlotte man yafy, what up are we lost?
Speaker 17: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 17: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 21: We can get on the phone right now.
Speaker 22: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 16: We live.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 25: Hey?
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest, Mama. I.
Speaker 22: I don't completely disagree with Evany.
Speaker 19: I do agree that you can't allow singingdeed and see.
Speaker 18: A home and a set high level achieved.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 22: One of the biggest problem in our black communities are that our parents are not taking respon ability for their children. Their children are raising themselves.
Speaker 18: They're not teaching them how to do childre and what happened.
Speaker 21: In the coming in the house before dark. They're just allowed on.
Speaker 18: Our black kids to kill each other. It's not going to get better.
Speaker 21: We're not going to never achieve the level that we.
Speaker 19: Can be at if we don't take responsibility.
Speaker 10: For our well, Mama, I don't think she was talking about kids in this generation that she wanted to date.
Speaker 8: She was talking about men.
Speaker 10: I'm sure that we're over thirty five years old, and there's a lot of people out there that have received cs and d's that are doing exceptional work and doing great work. Some school is just not for everybody, and sometimes learning is very difficult.
Speaker 1: You know what this conversation gets confusing that I think that we're out of the relationship convo. Everdykn date whoever she wants to date her parents. You know. What I was pushing back on was what she, you know, implied in regards to the working class, you know where she said they were mediocre, typical every word she average and U what was it stuck in the bigotry of low expectations? You know what I mean? And she says she didn't mean it in that way, correct, you know, but that's what I was pushing back on. I don't care who she chooses today. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Listen?
Speaker 21: Anton out of Miami, Miami Gods? What's good man? Good morning?
Speaker 13: Up?
Speaker 8: He tell get up your chest, bro.
Speaker 25: Hey, baby Charla made baby, I made it I made it, y'all.
Speaker 1: You calling me baby, baby baby.
Speaker 25: You know none of y'all, but listen, listen, Okay, I made a baby. I'm on et live baby. Yes, I'm on p e t I'm on be et live baby.
Speaker 1: You should shout out to your name. Don't you call her baby?
Speaker 3: Say the woman's name that you talk to to.
Speaker 21: Oh, my bad, my bad, no disrespect. Hello, ladies, ladies, how y'all doing.
Speaker 9: I'm we're talking about the baby that you're talking to now.
Speaker 8: He was made like I'm onn be e T baby.
Speaker 21: I may to the world I made.
Speaker 25: The baby on bet Liner Antonon Smith out of Miami. God flaughter. I want to send a shout out to my son my birthday next week, may tip. You know what I'm saying. My son name is Lyn Smith. Go to go to Millwood Elementary. Y'all ain't not the form of the one I'm coming.
Speaker 9: That's one.
Speaker 22: You're gonna take me out a day, damn right, baby all day.
Speaker 21: I'm single too.
Speaker 25: And listen, but I'm a working man. You might not want me, all right.
Speaker 26: I'm a truck driver.
Speaker 25: You might not want me baby.
Speaker 9: Listen, you own the I don't give it to you own the truck truck, but you.
Speaker 22: Might not want me baby.
Speaker 9: Blow the hole for your truck big? And is your truck big?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 27: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, but you see he said, you see he made six figures though, you know what I mean. I do think we should encourage people to go get their cd ls and be truck drivers, because we saw even during COVID, when it was when there was a short truck drivers, America was in a very very bad, very bad place.
Speaker 10: We know, truck drivers. We needed more people taking those goods up and down the roads. And that's how people get on those goods in all those stores that you love. The shop, whether it's Target, whether it's Bloomingdale's Sacks or the Dollar Store, Amagon.
Speaker 1: Packages ain't getting to your door without the truck drivers, y'all.
Speaker 11: Shout out to my best friend who owns an eighteen wheelers. Shout out, shout out to all the owners out there.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and and the drivers.
Speaker 3: If you own and you don't drive, you gonna need drivers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, salute all the truck drivers out there.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 10: When we come back and got your room report do you want to live like Drake, Well, you just need eighty eight million dollars.
Speaker 8: We'll tell you how when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Morning everybody.
Speaker 10: You see j Envy Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hey yo, let the record show Envy.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anyone eat as fast as I just saw Weezy eat somebody bol Weezy some McDonald's in here on a nice plate with some more hash browns and an egg McMuffin. I think I believe. And she devoured it within thirty second.
Speaker 5: She said that broke deep.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I mean she up. She sucked it right up, Wheezy, I want you to slow down in so many aspects of your life. You and then you went to sleep immediately after this, I mean immediately. We had to wake her up to jump on the microphone.
Speaker 9: Okay, I just want to say I woke up so early it feels like I've been hit by a bus. And oh my god, Jesus on some realness, it's so early to get up and get into hair and make up for this job. Yes, I see how just Hilarious had diarrhea that morning because you got to drink coffee to get up, you got to eat and all that. Like my I'm turning right now.
Speaker 8: So you said, and you have diarrhea right now.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying I have it right now.
Speaker 8: It's on its way.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: By thirty.
Speaker 8: Well, let's get to the room. Let's talk Drake.
Speaker 1: Of names or you gossip been when you chatting God? This is the rumor report.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: This is where the tea spells right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: Well, if you want to live like Drake, you can actually purchase Drake's property.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 10: Drake's property is in Beverly Hills. It's twenty four thousand square feet. He purchased it a year ago for seventy five million. And you can have this property for eighty eight million dollars.
Speaker 8: Y'all guys want it? You want it?
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm a stern believer in acting your wage. But I will never understand what does a house do for eighty eight million dollars.
Speaker 5: I don't think that, Like did you know anything that?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 5: What what does it come with?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 17: Apec?
Speaker 8: I don't care about twenty four thousand even do well. It doesn't do anything.
Speaker 10: It's in Beverly Hills, which is probably one of the most expensive zip codes. It does have a tennis court, it has eleven of cars of rodge, it has I think like thirteen bedrooms or something like that.
Speaker 8: But it's just where it's located. It's just prime real estate.
Speaker 9: I mean, I will say anybody that's ever been to La, one of the most impressive things to me driving around is when you look up and you see those homes.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like on the mountains, on the hills.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the hill Beverly Hills goes up as well, like literally your ears start popping.
Speaker 1: And if the hill come with the eighty eight million, do I want a hill?
Speaker 9: Now own the land? You ain't better af me every night? Mighty better be in the house. They might have had a girls in all thirteen rooms available for me.
Speaker 1: No, the house should be fing you for eighty eight milliones like, the house should be able to turn into like a transformer or something like. The house has to do something other than just be a house. I mean it does.
Speaker 11: It does make me think if he purchased it though for it because he really.
Speaker 5: Likes his house in the six.
Speaker 11: You can look it up on the map, like everyone kind of knows where he lives in Toronto. But during the pandemic, we did see the lowest interest rates for home buying, and so for him to already be being able to sell it for what is that a thirteen million dollar increase?
Speaker 9: You said seven?
Speaker 4: Or yeah?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was seventy five he purchased before he selling.
Speaker 9: It got back in there.
Speaker 8: He's not going to get eighty.
Speaker 10: Eight four it, but I'm sure he'll probably get, you know, seventy I'm not mad.
Speaker 9: At that, I do.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, no, I said, if I read correctly, the original person that he bought the house from was like thirty million dollars that she built the force.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, yeah, bought it for thirty three million dollars and twenty fifteen, So it was to him for seventy four five million, correct.
Speaker 9: I wanted to ask you, Envy, I recently purchased a property and we'll try to I When it got down to it, the lender wouldn't give me a loan because the building was so delinquent. NAHOA fees and they said that this is a common thing because of the low interest rates during the pandemic, that so many people were able to buy a property and now they can't afford to keep it up. Have you heard about that.
Speaker 10: That's a lot of it's happening to a lot of people. Interest rates were so low, interest rates shot back up to I mean, at one time I came my house for like one point nine to two percent, some places two point five, and now it's six seven percent. But the HOA fees, which is a home MACU percent fees are usually expensive. And those are the ones that's supposed to take care of your grass, your roof, and the things outside your home, and some of those things are so expensive. And some of those properties they don't allow you to get those cheap FHA loans as well.
Speaker 8: So it does happen.
Speaker 9: Shout out to the mortgage guy. I found him on the breakfast Club. He actually helped me get of five point five. I will tell y'all this, do not flex too early. Because I was on the ground like I'm a hollwater.
Speaker 8: Bitch and now I'm shut up.
Speaker 9: Hey, it's not even me right, I've got a great credit score, I'm making good money. But it was literally the lender saying fifteen percent of the building is delinquent. On Hoa's like, we're not giving you no money.
Speaker 8: Right, but you just got to be careful to And now might be a good time. People.
Speaker 10: Our house prices are starting to come down. Inventory still low, but you could probably get something in the next couple of months because they keep saying recession and scaring people, and you might be able to get a shit.
Speaker 11: They don't air quote that recession we are in it Eggs was ten dollars just yesterday, Okay, so.
Speaker 5: I think we're definitely there. I am waiting for it.
Speaker 11: We know, just even from two thousand and eight, that a recession comes with a real estate bubble burst as well, so I'm kind of waiting for that myself.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. Now let's let's jump to Ed Shearon.
Speaker 13: Ed.
Speaker 10: Sharon was found not liable in the Marvin Gay copyright trial. Now he spoke out after court, and this is what he said.
Speaker 28: I'm obviously very happy with the outcome of the case, and it looks like I'm not having to retire from my day job after all. But at the same time, I'm unbelievably frustrated the basis claims like this are allowed to go to court at We've spent the last eight years talking about two songs with dramatically different lyrics, melodies, and four chords, which are also different and used by songwriters every day. And I think we proved for all to see that they tried to manipulate my and Amy's song to try and convince the jury that they had a genuine claim. Like artists everywhere, Amy and I work hard to independently create songs which are often based around real life personal experience. It's devastating to be accused of stealing someone else's song when we've put so much work into our livelihood. I'm just a guy with a guitar who loves writing music for people to enjoy. I am not and will never allow myself to be a piggybank for anyone to shake his PR.
Speaker 9: His PR.
Speaker 5: His PR did a good job writing. Now, I'm not gonna lie. I actually wanted him to lose this case.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 11: First off, I do believe that Marvin gay Estate deserves the win on this Also, well, listen.
Speaker 8: Let's listen before you go forever. Let's listen to the people us.
Speaker 9: In your lives.
Speaker 1: That's the matchup, though, I was.
Speaker 9: Gonna say, yeah, that's literally perform this live in his concert.
Speaker 11: He goes for what he goes from this song into that Jo does l a song better than.
Speaker 8: To stop to do you can stop it?
Speaker 10: But that's the mashup, that's both forge you got the single of versions, it was just his version and just over No, you don't.
Speaker 8: Have that up of course.
Speaker 1: Found guilty.
Speaker 9: Pure Sharon is one of the g w PS. Man. I love Ed Sharon. I love how much Black people love listening to his music, and I love that he's not a weak. I can't stand when white people get you know, black people start loving him and then they start keeting a little black saying on you. I really rock with Ed and I didn't feel like his song close.
Speaker 11: Gorilla is currently getting sued right now as well for her for her tomorrow record.
Speaker 9: Now, when I heard that, I think that's so.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm saying, Like I mean, just just in terms of being a creative, there are a lot of things that people inspire, especially with tones, with melodies, with words. Sometimes there's another artist that I just interviewed. I'm not gonna bring it up because I don't know if there's lawsuit coming or not, but literally she didn't know, and now the artist doesn't want her to use it. I think that you do kind of have to give credit where it do. I think this is one of those spaces.
Speaker 8: But this happens a lot there.
Speaker 5: Whatever happens, it happens a lot of life.
Speaker 10: It happened with jay Z, with Big Pimp in a couple of times. It happened so many different people. People feel like people still have melodies, their tones, They snare drums that kicks, and it happens.
Speaker 8: But in this case he was found not guilty.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of those musical chords kind of are all the same. But I think it just depends on how big the record got. There probably a bunch of people, make sense, probably a bunch of people who use the same type of chords as let's get it on, you know, but we don't hear those songs.
Speaker 3: One of the biggest songs ever in the history of life.
Speaker 10: Those songs are cute up now, So just play a little bit of right now for people that don't know, they could hear both songs.
Speaker 6: Done and.
Speaker 11: Well, Beloving You to seventy great record.
Speaker 8: This is an amazing, tough record.
Speaker 1: This I don't see the comparison that all.
Speaker 9: This song is better.
Speaker 1: Let's get it on, is ten times better, saying a lot of thinking, I just don't hear the comparison. It's way more soul, and let's getting on a lot more seasoning. Gonna let's get it on.
Speaker 9: One of them had Sharon's grandmother died and he couldn't even make it to her funeral because he had to do That's true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's true. That is your rumor report.
Speaker 10: Now when we come back, we got front page news sessling figure out what will be joining us, and we're opening up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We're talking about a Shanti and Nelly. Now we're talking about spinning the block. Sometimes, if you wait so long to spend in the block, does it work? Does that work for you?
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 10: They said, Mandy Bee spun the block twelve times.
Speaker 8: We're gonna talk about that when we come back to it with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Pete Davidson is everywhere, and now everywhere includes Buck Kiss his new semi autobiographical comedy series on Peacock, also starring Eddie Falco and Joe Peshi. Buck Kiss Screams May fourth, only on Peacock.
Speaker 5: W w p r F m HD one, New York iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 8: Ej n V CHARLAMAGNEA God, we all the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: We got our co hosts Weezy and Mandy from Horrible Decisions and Teslin figure Roes back co Morning Test, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 16: Oo.
Speaker 9: Y'all missed some women energy and.
Speaker 14: They should see behind the scenes. This conversation is lit a little.
Speaker 8: Too crazy now out there. If you're watching sports last.
Speaker 10: Night, the Warriors washed the Lakers last night, so they tied the series one one.
Speaker 1: I think that's how the rest of the series is pretty much gonna go. I mean, I think I think it Warrior is a winning six, but I don't think it'll be as a fun a series. We think it's gonna be.
Speaker 10: All right, let's get right to the news. Teslin Tucker calson what's he doing?
Speaker 8: Now? What's this text that he said that got him fired? Allegedly?
Speaker 13: Yes, one of the texas that he said is not how white men fight, a text contributed to his firing. So this is just a quick update for those who have been following the story about the Fox News eight hundred million dominion voting system settlement. As a result of that lawsuit, Yet another text message has been revealed between Tucker Carlson and his producer.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 13: The text message was sent hours before Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, and he said, quote, I was watching a video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living s out of him. It was three against one at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable. Obviously, it's not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they hit him harder and kill him.
Speaker 14: I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it.
Speaker 1: You know what's so crazy?
Speaker 3: I read that.
Speaker 1: I read that, and I saw everybody saying it was racist. The other parts about him wishing the Antifa people would, you know, continue to get beat up on and get killed was way harshening. And that's not how white men.
Speaker 8: I want to the.
Speaker 11: Fact that the fact that they brought it to raise literally that's a sociopathic thing to say.
Speaker 5: You wanted him to get beat to death.
Speaker 9: Well, he talks about in the text message correct me if I'm wrong, says about how when he knew that his brain was going there, that it was a problem.
Speaker 14: But I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 13: As the text means continued, he was basically paraphrase, I'll paraphrase saying, you know, like, what's happening to me?
Speaker 14: What am I turning into?
Speaker 13: You know, recognizing that he was becoming something that exactly what.
Speaker 11: Tays were these green bubbles because you have the option to unsend a message within fifteen minutes now on the iPhone, and that is something that should have been unset.
Speaker 9: He thought it was a safe white space. That's what That's what white people do between each other. They text each other crazy stuff. They post them videos about. Think about the man in Georgia that was talking about, oh, someone needs to be lynched today. When I watched that video, he asked, like three of them in different outfits, I'm like, wow, so you say this on the regular? What they said too?
Speaker 1: I think I think somebody from Fox actually leaked those texts just to let tucking.
Speaker 3: No, don't don't get too spoity with your mouth.
Speaker 1: Now, don't don't we start talking too crazy about us, because there's others where that came from.
Speaker 3: You know, there's things that are much much worse.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, you.
Speaker 13: Remember his producer, Remember one of his producers is actually suing. Uh so is I don't think somebody leaked it.
Speaker 14: It probably was her.
Speaker 13: You know, you're probably absolutely writing and that because obviously she had all the receipts. So the mortal story is I won't be texting Eddie.
Speaker 14: That's there.
Speaker 10: Now, it is Friday, and it's freaking, freaky, freaky Friday, and good sex is in front page news talk to us, yes it.
Speaker 13: Is, and honor freaky Friday, and our guests hosts expert horrible decisions. It only made sense to talk about sex, So I wanted to give you a little bit of information. An article in Essence magazine, doctor Kandice Hargins said that good sex is an act of resistance against anti blackness.
Speaker 14: She said, this is a yes, that's right, fight the power. Literally, that's right. I gotta that's right.
Speaker 8: If you want to, if you want to be woke for.
Speaker 13: Real then have good sex, she said, because the health benefits of good sex, a better mood, sleep, good sleep reduce stress, are powerful antidotes to the exhausting consequences of living in an anti black world. So for those of you who are struggling of what struggle sex and may be confused saying tees, what is good sex, Well, I've taken the time to do the research and I found that four hundred and forty eight Black people will surveyed to define what it is, and they said that it's sexy, erotic, sensual, provocative, raunchy.
Speaker 14: Steamy, kinky, among other words.
Speaker 13: So this is yet another powerful tool pun intended to fight the power. So let's go to our expert correspondence in the building Horrible Decisions.
Speaker 5: I actually wanted to add a word to that.
Speaker 11: I think one of the words that I used to describe the best sex that I have is safe, and not in terms of using a condom, but in terms of just being with somebody that I trust and that I know. Is it gonna leak our text messages or nudes or anything that we do in the bedroom to anyone else. So just knowing that you can have sex safely with somebody that you trust also amps up your mood.
Speaker 9: My mom My mom.
Speaker 11: Knows, let's let's let's get there. My mom knows when I haven't had pain in a while.
Speaker 1: And it's not really good.
Speaker 5: She knows about like.
Speaker 1: So that's a real thing when you say so when you say to somebody, man, you need to go get you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: I know when Mandy comes in a good mood, does the podcast I say saying, now, I'll tell you this, you know, back to the point of it being you know, helping you fight the power that I gotta be honest, if coming into your job every day means you gotta fight the power by whether it be your white coworkers and being the only one that spot hell yes, sex hel.
Speaker 13: Because you know, I'm social justice advocate and so I work a lot with Attorney Cromp on these cases. And so when we're seeing these cases back to back of people getting murdered and black man, you really do need something to depress.
Speaker 8: I'm think his.
Speaker 14: Wife is handling that boat something.
Speaker 13: Sorry, you definitely need something to compress. So on behalf of all of the advocates out there that do the work that I do.
Speaker 14: You don't do it for the community.
Speaker 9: And so you keep in mind that what happens when all the pressures and the news and things are going on, we get so overloaded we forget about our own pleasure. Whether you're partnered or single, you have to. I honestly, when I'm really busy, I schedule time for myself. Literally, I have ten of them on my hand. Okay, ten Pete Davidson's and I have thirty minutes to myself and I feel completely better. I'm just saying I got ten. I can make it.
Speaker 1: I agree with this whole thing because the greatest civil rights activists of all time.
Speaker 3: If you it's Martin, doctor Martin.
Speaker 1: Luther King Junior, all right, and if you believe what they say about doctor Martin, you know what I'm saying, he was living his best life. Okay, Thin.
Speaker 8: Page News, Tesla figure out, we appreciate you. We'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 14: As a little pease, guys.
Speaker 1: Said, to make sure you subscribe to this great shot, no chase of podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network hosted by Tesla Figure because Tez she actually uh talks about in depth all the stories she talks about in Front Page News on her podcast, So go check that out this weekend.
Speaker 10: Absolutely all right, and when we come back, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five A five one oh five to one. We're talking spinning the block. This conversation comes from Nelly and a Shanty. Just getting back with your ex after breaking up for some time?
Speaker 8: Ever work out? That is the question, Mandy b.
Speaker 10: She has some advice about this, because she said, you're in.
Speaker 1: It for Mandy, just let out a big side. I usually don't ask people what's wrong when they sit next to me inside, but I want to know today.
Speaker 9: I mean, Mandy gonna say today that is not gonna work out. But let's see you remember twelve we broke up twelve times.
Speaker 1: We're talking about it. Jesus.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're doing when we come back and we take it.
Speaker 10: Calls eight hundred five A five one five one is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: It's topic time.
Speaker 2: Call eight hundred and five A five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Morning everybody, you seej n V. CHARLEMAGNEA God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you just joining us, we're talking about spinning the block now This conversation comes from Nellie and Ashanti and also Mandy and I'll.
Speaker 9: Stop at this point. No, I ain't going back. Did it, done it done?
Speaker 4: Not having you today?
Speaker 1: He was like, she don't have to kill it today. It's single to Mayo, I'm gonna hit her up. No, she might make some some horrible decisions.
Speaker 11: The number is blocked. Shout out to the ladies who changed the name and the phone. Remove the emojis, but do not answer. You can't have emojis by your name. If we done broke up this many times, your name is now do not answer. But he's also blocked, so boom.
Speaker 8: So the question is that is the question?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I'm not show. Here's one thing you're just said. Ten years, yes, ten years, do not answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's in red and one is in white.
Speaker 5: That's because his name was something else.
Speaker 9: Burs It looks like it wouldn't go through if you blocked.
Speaker 5: Him though, right, No it doesn't.
Speaker 8: That's just what's up, broke? What's your name?
Speaker 24: My name?
Speaker 1: Richard?
Speaker 8: Hey, Richie?
Speaker 10: Talking about spending the block, is it a good idea if you spend the block after a long time, has it worked for you or it doesn't work.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 21: I really can't get it too too much. But I got, I got. I got the two femails who I'm dealing with, And every time one of them whatever trying to hit me, I spend the block. But when I hit them, they spend the block too. So I guess I got. I guess. I guess you's a bad thing.
Speaker 11: Were you in relationships with either of these women? Or is this just a sexual spind the block?
Speaker 21: I was in the relationship with both of them.
Speaker 9: Spending the block looks like is it like a booty call? Is it like a little date night? What's it looked like for you?
Speaker 21: And they call whenever they hit me, I spend the block.
Speaker 9: Whenever they hit.
Speaker 5: He said, they hit me, I hit it all right.
Speaker 8: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 8: Who's this? Mandy? Hey, Mandy? Good morning. How you feeling.
Speaker 18: I'm good?
Speaker 21: How are you good?
Speaker 8: You spent a block on somebody after a long period of.
Speaker 21: Time, Actually, he spent the block on me. We dated for like.
Speaker 5: A year, we broke up, he got married, had a.
Speaker 17: Kid, then.
Speaker 21: He broke out with her to be with me.
Speaker 18: He wanted to be with me the whole time.
Speaker 21: I still got Facebook messages, so when he was married, messaging.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I feel like you called so she can hear your voice.
Speaker 1: Damn, Oh, she very well could.
Speaker 11: Oh wait, are you with are you with? Are you with him now? And are they legally divorced?
Speaker 21: They are legally the worce.
Speaker 18: We've been together for Next week will be nine years.
Speaker 8: Do you okay?
Speaker 3: You've been a whole mistress for a long time.
Speaker 11: I was about to say, Charlemagne brought up with Charlemagne. Charlamagne brought up for saying earlier.
Speaker 5: I want to know if you believe in the phrase you get him, how you lose them? How you get them? Do you think that?
Speaker 21: But I didn't him anyway. He just didn't want to be where.
Speaker 8: It's a long story.
Speaker 21: We'll even had that kind of time. She's a horrible person, but and I know that for a fact.
Speaker 18: We currently have his daughter.
Speaker 21: They have together. She lives with us.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: So why do you say you were a mistress door.
Speaker 9: Because she was with him?
Speaker 25: I never they were not together.
Speaker 8: She said that she got back when they broke up.
Speaker 25: Nobody else is man.
Speaker 12: He wanted to be with me and I got messages. Bro I'm telling him.
Speaker 29: Like, don't find your wife, like where is your wife?
Speaker 1: So he say you were plying though, so yeah, so he left his wife for you. Yeah, so, y'all never messed around when he was married.
Speaker 8: Never.
Speaker 1: You're just sitting there lying on God on a good Friday for.
Speaker 21: No, Charlmae, don't do that. I actually like you.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you, mama, thank you for sharing your story.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Now, what's the mall of the story?
Speaker 1: The morall of the story? Many I said, if you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you as yours.
Speaker 8: You got to go and might not never come back.
Speaker 14: I don't love that.
Speaker 9: You don't miss you, for you will not miss you.
Speaker 23: Yo.
Speaker 9: So if I'm saying this with a little bit of projection, because there's a lot of times that I've had to let someone go to really see if it's worth it and if they come back great, If not, then that wasn't the person for me.
Speaker 3: You'all don't believe in breaking up the making up?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 1: No what mefing many Angelo wrote that beautiful song for No.
Speaker 9: Many every time, every nine ten of them? Was it better every time?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 9: It was good.
Speaker 1: Break Up in Now by MEPhI man Indiangelo, probably not.
Speaker 8: I'm sure we don't have that.
Speaker 1: We we got all you need, we got all you need, and it ain't the same. That's what that's that's what people who never broke up.
Speaker 8: I do love something.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I want to just role play a breakup.
Speaker 8: All right, when we come back, we got to your room, Report, we got to.
Speaker 10: Talk, Timberland, he gets his dream collaboration through AI.
Speaker 8: We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast club, good morning.
Speaker 1: Names or you've got you chatting. This is the room of Report.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells, right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: Now, not everybody is so mad about AI. You know, AI, I haven't been doing so many different things, creating Drake songs, creating all these different songs. But Timbaland he's kind of excited about it because he's saying he gets to do his dream collab with AI.
Speaker 23: All right, So I'm sitting here with my brother creative God, and we know that it's a lot of talk about AI. We know how to feeling of violating certain things.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you something.
Speaker 23: I got solution that's gonna be beneficial to everybody.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, I got to share something I've been.
Speaker 23: Working on because I always wanted to do this, always wanted to work with Big and I never got a chance to until today.
Speaker 27: It came out right play.
Speaker 1: Thoughts my good brother Timble, love that brother. I mean, sonically it sounds cool, but it just it lacks soul.
Speaker 8: I agree, it does.
Speaker 1: I mean there's no spirit to it. There's no spirit to it. Like, it's just nothing to it. That's why it's like, I don't like that.
Speaker 9: It's not worth a I'm gonna kill us later, you know what I'm saying. Like, I don't know. This AI stuff is getting really crazy. Like I've had people ask me like, oh, would you replace people that work for you with AI? And I'm like, no, dude, Like I don't really think what's happening is something that's something to celebrate. Yeah, I agree, it's not worth the music. I don't care how hard the song is. It's literally a robot that could advance itself to the point where this is now the breakfast club welcome back to you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: It's also interesting we talked about earlier of course, at Sharon winning the lawsuit against the Marvin Gay estate. I think dealing with the posthumous UH artists. We've seen the hologram of Tupac that got brought out a couple of years ago at a festival. I personally just hope that any and everybody that's involved with doing music like this, including even this record.
Speaker 5: Hopefully Biggie's estate is getting some.
Speaker 9: Sort of money from it.
Speaker 11: We see even what's been happening with the recent loss of pimb Rock and Nipsey, if this is really going to be something that continues to happen, I just hope that their family is getting paid for it.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I just feel like there's no spirit to this music. Even when they do it with artists that are still with us, it don't feel like there's no spirit.
Speaker 8: Yah think I mean, there's no soul to it.
Speaker 1: So it definitely sounds spiritless when it's you know, people who are no.
Speaker 5: Longer with no There ain't no spirit, no soul or nothing in an ai all.
Speaker 8: Right, not at all?
Speaker 10: Nothing Well the spirits. Let's talk about Alicia Keys and Swiss beats. Now, Swiss, can you imagine buying your your significant other spouse something and they just don't like it. Well, Swiss purchased Alicia Key's a birthday gift, which was a mayback of Virgin Masac, which is going for about three hundred and fifty two thousand dollars. There's only forty one in the US. And she wasn't happy about it.
Speaker 5: What did a Virgin car which is nuts the kids?
Speaker 30: That was a gift from her with the kids. I don't think she liked the goddamn car.
Speaker 5: It's flashy for her, I wondered, will we actually see Alicia Keys in their car driving around?
Speaker 17: She I don't think it's still at the dealership. Shut up, I swear to God.
Speaker 30: I know she's I know she's already thinking like, are they gonna be on me if I bring the kids to school in this? Are people going to like? No, it's moving the bed and you know you can start streaming with it. What's up in there?
Speaker 5: It's not car?
Speaker 9: Where am I going in this?
Speaker 17: Interesting?
Speaker 8: You know in the word interesting and all that stuff coming out?
Speaker 17: And see she hit me with the interesting.
Speaker 1: We just p quil and Marguerite mixing her coffee.
Speaker 9: I swear to.
Speaker 1: God, you put in your tea it was some tea.
Speaker 9: Left, or that a Long Island tea is liquoring. Y'all do that it is not.
Speaker 11: As a former bartender, y'all have to stop asking for more tea in the Long House.
Speaker 5: And I will say, because there is no, it is not. It is coke and sour when tea is.
Speaker 11: I don't give a damn anyways, Imby, I want to bring it back to Swiss Beats and Alicia Keys. I think the problem here is Swiss wanted that car. A lot of men give things to their girls and their significant others that they actually want themselves, and I think that that's the problem. Alicia probably doesn't like it because she probably actually vocalized, like most women do what she wanted for her birthday or what she wanted, and instead you chose to get her what you wanted.
Speaker 9: Swiss Beat Send still got. Maybe maybe you.
Speaker 11: Should literally listen to what your woman wants. And I think a lot of men actually do this.
Speaker 10: I appreciate you because, you know, Charlemagne, are weezy the they're drinking liquor that they're so tuned out, But you're tuned in.
Speaker 8: And I appreciate you because they're all over.
Speaker 1: The place because I don't listen to rich people problems. I ask my wage, right I have? I have typical.
Speaker 3: Problems, mediocre problems, average problems I actually got I don't have that.
Speaker 9: I actually had a question for both of y'all. So when I was, you know, reading the Swiss peas Alicia, thing all I can think about is like, I'm so tired of rich people in the car thing and two men doing well. What are common gifts that you get your wives on their birthday? Because when I'm watching this, it always feels like there's a car with a bow or stacks of cash, and it's like this ridiculous, unattainable thing. And y'all seem normal but rich.
Speaker 1: But I'm not rich.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I do I do it all. I am rich.
Speaker 10: Tide for my wife to have a car. I purchase my wife a car if she wants a car. I purchased my wife bags. I purchase her shoes, I take her on vacation, we go to trips together, we experience life together.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter, you know. I work for my family, so I.
Speaker 10: Like to I tell everybody before I die, I want to see my kids and my wife enjoy the fruits of our label. Some people they want to die and leave a bunch of things to them and they don't get to see it.
Speaker 8: I want to see it.
Speaker 11: And by what's been a gift that you have given your wife that she hasn't liked and how she expressed it to you?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 10: With my wife, I pretty much know her and I know what she likes. I know what she enjoys, so I kind of stay in that route, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So it's I never have that problem.
Speaker 17: I know what my wife likes.
Speaker 9: I love that, I know my life.
Speaker 5: I love that because speaking of I know that, you know.
Speaker 11: There was talk about consent and sharing things on our podcast. Weasley brought up a gift that she hated from her ex on the podcast.
Speaker 9: Oh I was ready to sell it to uh what's second Street?
Speaker 8: Whatever?
Speaker 9: The consignments?
Speaker 6: What she didn't me?
Speaker 9: And this is when men just try to find a label. She wallet it was bright red and huge, not my style, and I was just like, I mean, I think he's so much because I can't be ungrateful, but I really don't like when men do that. Let me just find the price tag and buy my girl something that's like, you know what I mean, Like I.
Speaker 1: Think, I think it's better to spend your money on experiences.
Speaker 9: I agree, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I like, Like the beautiful thing about my wife's birthday is it is around the holidays, right, So it's in November, towards the end of November. So it's like, that's a great time for all of us to go away on vacation Thanksgiving. He was with us one time, he went the Turks and Caicos. So I like experiences, you know, That's why I like to spend money.
Speaker 9: That's when I learned that you and your wife are really in love. That you talk about her so much.
Speaker 17: But it was real.
Speaker 1: Why is it that I just got.
Speaker 9: To see a couple that have been together so long and your daughters around you and showing each other affection, light touches, things like that. It's so beautiful to see.
Speaker 8: What he does that with me too, And that is your room of report.
Speaker 3: I miss you now. You won't stand up for you, won't stand up for you.
Speaker 9: Why you ain't standing.
Speaker 1: Up for that king? Because I ain't got no pancil exactly.
Speaker 3: You got a nice shirt on? What kind of shirt of that on? Gvan This might be might Gordon Gartrail.
Speaker 8: It might be a Gordon Gartrail people.
Speaker 3: Let me see something.
Speaker 8: No, give me your dog.
Speaker 1: Hey, you think of the miles qualities time? Okay, they know I love girlfriends up here far after the hour. Marie Scott from Philadelphia is getting Donkey of Today.
Speaker 8: We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: She's a great example of why Rob Wade should not have been overturned.
Speaker 3: What's talking?
Speaker 8: Oh all right, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: It's tough to find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open role. With ZIP Recruiters, matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs. Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com, Slash Breakfast w w p r FMHD one New York and I heart radio station today.
Speaker 8: Damn he hogged.
Speaker 1: It's time the donkey, I mean trying to beat donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 11: Days called Donkey of the Day, and it really caught me off guard. Damned Charlamagne who got the donkey of the day.
Speaker 9: To day.
Speaker 1: Wow donkey today for Friday, May fifth goes to a young lady named you, Maria Scott. Q is from Philadelphia, phil fail in dropping the clues bombs for the city of Brotherlyn Love. Loved that city except for when the Eagles are playing my Cowboys. But we're not here to talk about football. We're here to talk about Q being on a plane, okay, smelling like alcohol, fighting with the Spirit Airlines employing they. I also tell you she was pregnant. That's right, that's right. I said about three things that should be immediate red flag number one flying Spirit Airlines. All right, my Spirit will never agree with Spirit. Forbes rank Spirit Airlines the number two best airline, and I want to recount.
Speaker 3: I call laugh. Okay.
Speaker 1: I will never forgive Spirit for playing with my emotions. They had them low as one hundred dollars tickets from round trips. I got one, all excited, had to be somewhere. I don't even remember where I was going, beautiful sunny day, and they just canceled the flight when I was at the airport, never refunded me my money. Had me sitting on the customer service line for hours listening to Mozart and Beethoven classic symphonies. Ooh the spy Spirit number two Red Flag. In this situation, she was pregnant. Number three Red Flo. She was allegedly drunk. Four Fred Flag could be Philadelphia, But I don't want to say that about Polik, all right, But all I know is pregnant, drunk Spirit Airlines. There is not a greater recipe for violence than this, and that's exactly what happened. Let's go to Fox by Vilanta for the report.
Speaker 16: Police look at this under the woman and the gray casual attire is a manager for Spirit Airlines who couldn't have had any expectation that her customer service duties would include an airport gate brawl. That announcement to shocked onlookers makes the episode that much more bizarre. The woman identified as Kuway Maria Scott had just been denied boarding. She gathered her carry on and started walking away. A police officer down the de concourse stopped her. What can explain a pregnant passenger putting herself and child at risk? The Atlanta police officer said, Miss god smelled of alcohol.
Speaker 9: O Lord, was that Chris?
Speaker 5: I sure hope not pregnant?
Speaker 1: I said, six months pregnant, drunk, fighting on Spirit airlines and bragging about it. Okay, this is why Roe v. Wade should have never been overturned. Right, I'm gonna tell y'all why the constitutional right to an abortion. I don't know what the laws are in Philly in regards to abortion are Georgia, and I know you can't get no abortion at six months anywhere, I don't think, But there's no way this woman wants this child, Okay, and all these actions tell me she's trying to get rid of this baby. Okay, Flying Spirit six months pregnant, drunk, why.
Speaker 5: I mean even drinking?
Speaker 9: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: That's crazy? Everything is a miss with Spirit. They mishandle your luggage. They always say, miss can you sit your ass down? And now, because Miss Q wanted to throw hands, she put herself at risk for a miscap. You know what.
Speaker 3: Never mind.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is at six months pregnant, you should be trying to avoid stress. In one of the most stressful situations I've ever experienced, was attempting to fly Spirit.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, you gotta pay for water, you gotta pay for air, you gotta pay for the seat, you said.
Speaker 1: Hey, you gotta bring your own seat man, cancel your flight for no reason, won't refund you your money. Chill. You had no reason flying Spirit, and you damn sure had no reason to be drinking alcohol at six months pregnant. All right, there's women out here trying to get pregnant every day. Absolutely they can't. All right. They're taking care of their bodies, They're going to see their doctors, they're eating healthy, meditating, doing all they have to do. They experience the blessing that you are taking for granted. And you had to know that in Atlanta. Ain't nothing good happening on Spirit Airlines. Spirit Airlines got pop Eyes, chicken and n word cookies energy. Okay, you can even tell by the way they announce the boarding of flights on any other airline, especially Jet Blue and Delta. Those are my favorites, all right, same, Jet Blue and Delta sound like this.
Speaker 31: Listen, good morning, passengers, Thank you for flying Delta Airlines. I am amy and won't be boarding in five minutes. Thank you for flying Delta Airlines. We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: See that's chick fil worker energy, all right, that's what you get with most other airlines. But this is Spirit Airlines energy?
Speaker 9: What up y'all? My name is Chanrena. Appreciate you off flying Spirit or whatever?
Speaker 11: We go on board display as soon as we find a pilot.
Speaker 9: So unless money y'all know how to drive a plane, you can stop coming up to this day.
Speaker 1: See what I'm trying to tell y'all crazy, I'm trying to tell y'all that Spirit Airlines is typical. They're mediocre the average. There are a bigotry of low.
Speaker 17: And Q.
Speaker 3: So is your.
Speaker 9: Behavior Spirit Airlines is?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 1: Please give you Maria Scott the biggest e hull.
Speaker 8: Crazy Mandy, would you date a pilot from Spirit Airlines?
Speaker 1: He owned the Spirit.
Speaker 9: Don't do that. Spirit is so ghetto that like if I was white, it would be enough to make me racist. That terminal, I'd be like, yo, Sometimes they wear jeans. What the hell going Where is the uniform?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 9: What is going on?
Speaker 11: It's literally the Greyhound in the air. People look talking about busses man, and I said, I.
Speaker 5: Wanted to go bring up a bus ever again by they.
Speaker 9: Just look so stressed out, Like if you hear people yelling, you know it's for the Spirit terminal And you're right, Delta, you come in.
Speaker 5: It just feels like class.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne, take you for that.
Speaker 5: Donkey of the day, E E T.
Speaker 8: Will see you guys on Monday, having.
Speaker 1: A great.
Speaker 10: Everybody else is Friday, so you know what that means. And the freaky freaky freaky Friday question is eight hundred five A five on five one. We're talking watching horn, just watching porn with your partner help or hurt your sex life?
Speaker 8: That is the question.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred five eight five one on five one. Is it given an unrealistic perception of sex?
Speaker 8: Is that? Is that what it's doing?
Speaker 3: Only sizes, but definitely.
Speaker 10: Let me let me ask Let me ask it again, because we had to, you know, we had to hit the dumb button with eight hundred five eight five one O five one. We're talking freaky freaky Friday. Does watching form with your partner help or hurt your sex like? Is it giving an unrealistic perception of sex?
Speaker 8: Talking about it? When the sizes you said that twice.
Speaker 11: There's more than what you're definitely more than We'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 8: We'll talk about when we come back. Man, he's chearing me. We'll talk about it when we come back. We got one dump left. Eight hundred five and five one. It's the breakfast.
Speaker 11: Leven use the bathroom furry plugs too ornament for your ass.
Speaker 2: It's freaky Friday, God damn the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: I would you.
Speaker 6: Like freaky freaking.
Speaker 2: Let's freak call in that eight hundred and five A five one O five one.
Speaker 8: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club morning everybody. It's the e j n V.
Speaker 10: Charlamagne de God. We are to Breakfast Club if you're just joining us as Friday, so.
Speaker 1: You know what that means.
Speaker 10: Freaky Friday, freaky freaky, freaky Friday question. Of course, we have our guest co hosts, some horrible decisions easy and.
Speaker 9: Medb pas where we fit y'all was talking about politics, sports. We couldn't speak English during es sex. Now I'll be getting c's and d's and everything, but this let me go.
Speaker 10: So the question is eight hundred and five A five one oh five to one. It's talking about watching poem with your significant other.
Speaker 8: Is it good? Is it bad? How do you feel about it? Let's talk with you, ladies. What's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 11: So me and most of my partners, probably all of my partners do not share.
Speaker 5: The same category likes porn.
Speaker 11: I am a woman who enjoys watching gay porn, So in no way do I want my partner or Nora. Is he probably interested in watching two men engage and such?
Speaker 9: Can't do so? Enjoy regular porn with your partner.
Speaker 11: No hetero sexual porn is boring. They were Timberland boots, the girls make up, so be done right.
Speaker 9: I see tracks, she's watching the Spirit Airline porn.
Speaker 10: I'm on Delta, what about you, weezy?
Speaker 9: I love it. I think it's such a great way to explore each other's likes and kinks, and especially if you're a little bit timid into maybe asking for something, just be like, hey, what do you think of this when you watch it in porn? However, I will say I've recently done a little bit of a porn detox for myself so that I can experience sex a little bit better. Porn I felt like had made sex so difficult for me because I was looking for this unattainable goal. A lot of the porn we watch can be super violent or aggressive, and we normally don't agree to have sex like that every day with our partners, So I was just working off the memories in this bank bank. You know what I'm saying. It was it made orgasms a lot more intense and easier for me to get to.
Speaker 5: I will say not to be kinky as well.
Speaker 11: The reason that I actually do enjoy gay porn is because in a lot of heterosexual porn, I don't feel as though men are sensual, They're not affectionate.
Speaker 5: I love a man who moans, and.
Speaker 11: So those things are qualities where I get to see it man do the things.
Speaker 5: That I really enjoy that turn.
Speaker 8: Even though you can type that in the search, boll, I'm sure. I'm sure. If you say I want porn with men more moan, I think or pull up.
Speaker 5: Oh it doesn't it be two men together.
Speaker 9: So here we are.
Speaker 5: I want to take some colors, right, I will.
Speaker 8: I will say it is me and my wife. We do watch porn together.
Speaker 10: But the best thing about it is we try to reenact whatever the porn stars are doing.
Speaker 9: It's so much fun. I love doing that.
Speaker 10: That's what we do, you know what I mean. But we go to the full extent. I don't have a favorite porn store. We just whatever it is, whatever's on whatever wherever We watch and I mean I will dress up like I've talked about it.
Speaker 8: I wore a cowboy hats, I wore a cow boys suits.
Speaker 1: We dressed like we need to pool this morning. You just got a shirt on on the bottom. Let us see King.
Speaker 9: Let King Charlamagne is not.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's great. And man, he said something that's very important. You have to share the same porn categories with your significant other. And my wife and I definitely enjoy the same types of porn. You know, we don't watch it all the time, but when we do, uh, it's porn up and uh it is very interesting. And uh, women on women is probably our category because I find myself hating on the men's penises. That's the that's the only thing I find that. I mean, I'm typical and I'm average. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that. You know, there's there's I always find myself hating on other men's pis where you.
Speaker 11: Watch porn to shut out only fans in Twitter, that's where I get all my porn from, so love love it on Twitter. And then I definitely like supporting, uh the sex workers that I really enjoy.
Speaker 1: Watching I'm never going only fans man.
Speaker 9: You got sports hose, Hello, you got us?
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello Savana.
Speaker 8: Hey Savannah.
Speaker 10: We're talking about watching porn with your spouse and your significant other.
Speaker 8: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 18: Well, my thought is, but when I first got with him, you know, he.
Speaker 12: Told me that he was addiction to it, and so I did have a big problem with it.
Speaker 18: He could watch it, you know, I wouldn't get no attention.
Speaker 11: So I finally in front of him, we came together.
Speaker 29: And you know, now we watch it together.
Speaker 18: Now it is everything's better.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it works for you, guys. I think porn is great. I think porn is like an afrof. It got to be an afrodja, right, I mean, I guess so I think it can be.
Speaker 11: I would think it's something that calls the sexual. Yes, but you eat it and afrodiziak you.
Speaker 1: Have to eat.
Speaker 9: I will see where you were going.
Speaker 5: I will say, back back to the back to the collar.
Speaker 11: As someone who felt an insecurity with how much your partner watched porn, I really love that you took it upon yourself to go and talk to him and found way to make it healthy in your relationship. I think a lot of people, you know, want to bash kind of what people really enjoy. And so the fact that you were able to express how you feel and then we're able to show up for him to now in a way that you guys can do it healthy within your relationship.
Speaker 5: I commend you for that.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 8: Who's this?
Speaker 29: This is Charmaine.
Speaker 17: Charmaine.
Speaker 10: Hey days we're talking watching porn, which is significant other's what's your thoughts?
Speaker 8: Mama?
Speaker 29: I absolutely hate porn.
Speaker 22: Is disgusting and I would not.
Speaker 29: Watch it with my weight because sometimes people mates can't perform. How they think these people performing on these pornos, why nobody's penises?
Speaker 10: Huh, thank you, mama, But you know, but that's part of it. Like I told you, when when I first had was having sex with my wife back when I was you know, sixteen years old, seventeen years old, I would watch.
Speaker 8: Porn and I thought that was how I satisfy it. I would just try to bang bang.
Speaker 1: How did that work out? How did that work out for it?
Speaker 8: She didn't orgasm for a long time because it three in.
Speaker 1: Of course, the time came in.
Speaker 8: Of course, how long was that?
Speaker 1: Tell us? The time?
Speaker 8: Not taking me back to that police, I'm not going back to that.
Speaker 21: Bos.
Speaker 1: You have a book called Real Life, Real Love. The paperback is out right now. If you read Nobody itself, it.
Speaker 8: Was nine years and that's okay. Relation So my mouth was good, though my boo, My mouth was good.
Speaker 3: Oh we know.
Speaker 8: What eight hundred five five one o five one. We're talking pin and it's Friday, so you know what that means.
Speaker 1: It's frigging, frigging, rigging freaking Friday.
Speaker 9: If you or Charlamagne had a sex tape league, who do you think would be better? And why we know you'd have the outfit chargo.
Speaker 1: It would be together what you There would be no no separate group.
Speaker 8: But I'm the top. I am the top.
Speaker 1: Here's a buying. You gotta stop this.
Speaker 10: We're talking about it when we come back. We're talking watching porn with your significant other. The breakfast Club this morning.
Speaker 22: Talk.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's freaky Friday.
Speaker 8: Got damnat call in now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody.
Speaker 10: It's the eej n V, Charlamagne the God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: It's Friday, so you know what that means.
Speaker 10: Freaky Friday, and the freaky freaky freaky Friday question is do you watch porn with your significant other?
Speaker 8: Does it help?
Speaker 10: Does it make things worse? That is the question a lot of people on the line. Let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Hey, it's to me someday.
Speaker 8: Hey, mama, do you watch pe with your your spouse?
Speaker 12: Okay, so this is the thing with that. I will watch it, and I have watched it with myself before, but I've also had problems with it because I feel like if you're not watching it with me, and you're watching it overly aggressively by yourself, I feel like that's a.
Speaker 27: Form of look at another vagina.
Speaker 1: All the time without me, you just assuming that you're looking at the vagina.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, you don't.
Speaker 12: I mean, he's not looking at the paintings.
Speaker 9: Well, some real questions for you, But what about looking at a vagina together in real life? Would you do that when I look at it?
Speaker 26: See, I would look at real life.
Speaker 29: I went to strip clubs and did all that.
Speaker 12: But that's when we together. But if we're not that, I'm sorry, but that's a form of of you cheating, Because why are you are.
Speaker 9: You is a form of cheating. You can't be serious.
Speaker 11: I am this, but but but but to come from the fact that maybe you only watch porn with your partner because it's something you know he enjoys.
Speaker 5: Because you started by saying it was discussing, is that you don't really like it. So I assume that because you don't do it by yourself.
Speaker 9: But you right, I think that was the last probably I.
Speaker 21: Enjoyed watching.
Speaker 1: So you don't want her husband watching it. So he's watching that to get excited for you.
Speaker 9: I think you also need to keep in mind that you can't share every pleasure experience with your partner, and we need to have some isolated experiences alone to explore our own bodies. And so if you don't give him the room to just look, it's may even make his mind wander somewhere else. I'm not trying to project that, but I really do believe in a healthy way, we need to do that. At least he ain't going, you know, looking at other women at work and doing it. It's literally performers that make this kind of art for a living. I think porn could be art, and you know it's just enjoying the.
Speaker 10: Movie Yeah, I don't mind my wife watching porn because, like now I'm away, I'd rather you watch porn than somebody else going there and knock it down.
Speaker 5: I know that's right, and be talking say it proud and proud.
Speaker 26: Hello Jay calling him from South Carolina, Summerville four three.
Speaker 1: What was happening, Jay?
Speaker 8: Jay? We're talking poor you watch with your spouse.
Speaker 26: So the funny thing about that not so much. I feel like when we are intimate with each other, that's about the only time we're not watching it.
Speaker 11: Oh wait, you so both of you independently watch it separately, and you both are aware when y'all are watching porn.
Speaker 26: For the most part, it sounds kind of crazy, but in our relationship, the majority of the porns getting watched while the other person's at work, and then when we're home together, I feel like I personally used that to spice up things.
Speaker 8: You know, you and you watch it.
Speaker 26: You know everybody else is. But I'll bring stuff to the table. Like I never knew Amazon style was a thing until I watched a good porn I was.
Speaker 11: Amazon is not on Prime It ain't, but it's pretty much where someone mounts like on top of you and liked kind of froggy, but the woman has her I'm looking at Google Google the Amazon sex position.
Speaker 9: It's like a girl banging show you in the Climax show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like a girl.
Speaker 9: That's South Carolina. Okay, we'll come see us in North Carolina and we're gonna have you and your girl do the Amazon position on stage.
Speaker 26: It ain't easy to deal, but if you got some muffle, you'll get it done.
Speaker 6: You can.
Speaker 8: Charla, man, you're too small for it, so I don't even think about.
Speaker 9: Charlamagne either, or either whoever's topping?
Speaker 3: Okay, Hello, who's this many showing me a picture that?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Hey, what's your name? Mama?
Speaker 19: Oh Mania?
Speaker 8: Like, hey, we're talking about do you watch porn with your spouse? Mama?
Speaker 26: Most definitely?
Speaker 19: Because why wouldn't you?
Speaker 25: That's what I said, right, Like, how do you know?
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 19: I think people are so afraid to like venture into whatever those fantasies are. If this is your person, like go out, I'm.
Speaker 29: A curse, but your person like go all the way in?
Speaker 19: Why would you like but feel those fantasy watch the nasty horn and make them do that?
Speaker 1: What's the nasty That's what Mandy was saying earlier when she was saying, how you know being with somebody that you feel safe around, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 19: I mean absolutely, that's the thing safe and comfort. If you're with someone that makes you feel safe and comfortable, and you know letting go is not an issue, You're not gonna feel good at the end of the day, like, pop that tripod.
Speaker 24: Up and do the damn.
Speaker 1: I want to call it everything.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 11: This is actually one of one of my tips for people who want to do more in the bedroom and they don't know how to bring certain things to their partner. I literally believe that porn is the gateway. Send them away something that you're interested in, and just gauge their response from it.
Speaker 5: Hey, this came across my time our podcast.
Speaker 9: They might like mine.
Speaker 12: He's gonna be like, damn, do you want to do that?
Speaker 9: You want to try it?
Speaker 11: I think that that's a good way to introduce even something new to your relationship and spice things up.
Speaker 9: And then if you think you crazy, you just like I just plan.
Speaker 1: You women or something. But all of y'all got in sync at the same time. I was just playing you not I wouldn't do that. No, this is my first time you can actually we have nothing like.
Speaker 5: But but also we blame my friends.
Speaker 8: Thank you, mamma.
Speaker 11: You know Crystal siting me that that ain't nothing to listen my friends train.
Speaker 9: You know, I ride the bus.
Speaker 8: You in this bus, You in this bus. What's the moral of the story.
Speaker 1: The moral of the story is, if you want to get sexually excited by watching something but don't want to go watch porn, go see Horrible Decisions live. Okay, they're going on tour, the Climax Tour. Tell them the website or.
Speaker 5: Hive dot com, and also make sure you check us out every Monday.
Speaker 11: Horrible Decisions we talk all of this and we can't help and save your relationship. We can be found everywhere that you listen to your favorite podcast and the Black Effect.
Speaker 17: Networks a all right, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning Everybody is j n V.
Speaker 10: Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Friends to the rooms. Family Shanty Dies Welcome. You know, SHANKI comes once a year because National Silence for Shame Day.
Speaker 9: Yes, this is your sex y'all.
Speaker 14: You were here last year, but.
Speaker 1: I wasn't here.
Speaker 8: No, I was on the road. Yep, you were trying to YouTube us this time too. You're trying to face time. You said, we want you in person, So we be glad that you were able to make it for people that don't know that live under a rock. What is National Silence to Shame Day?
Speaker 24: So National Soulence for Shame Day is a day for our organization, but it's also a day just to really normalize the conversation on social media. We want to get people talking more about mental health and spreading the message. Also, it's a day that we raise funds for our programs because we are still that little engine that could a grassroots organization for mental health. But I think we're making a national and global impact.
Speaker 3: And how are you start that?
Speaker 8: Lord for asking that?
Speaker 24: So you know what, I am the best I have been. That's my suicidal ideation. I have been in therapy consistently now for about a year and a half. I have a really dope African American sister back home, and she has really helped me navigate my grief and my loss. But I just wake up every single morning it's so much negativity that's still happened in the world. Naturally, disasters you know, the mass shootings and so much else that's going on. But I really wake up and choose joy in the morning. So that's not to say I don't have bad days, but I am happier than I've ever been. I'm even ready to start dating again. I haven't been on a date in eight years eighty wow, And that was when I was, you know, almost took my own life, and then my sister's death, and then caring for my mother, and then when she died, and then just this work is heavy work. But I'm finally focusing on shanty now.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you talk about grief a lot, because I think grief is something that none of us navigate well. I think that, you know, not just in the black community, but just you know, in society at large. We see so much death and like the only remedy is just to keep it moving. I don't think that's healthy at all.
Speaker 24: I don't think it is either. And just last week, five of my friends all lost parents in one week, and so excuse me. I was trying to be there for them and just sending them positive affirmations and messages each day. And I went to a couple of the funerals helped a couple of them plan some things out. But what I tell them is you got to lean into it. You know, when the person first passes away, of course it's a lot to be done, and you're getting inundated with calls and messages and flowers and stuff. But it's like those months afterwards, the right when the grief creeps back in and certain things reminds you of your loved one.
Speaker 1: Lean into it.
Speaker 9: It's okay. And especially for men.
Speaker 24: You know a lot of times men don't want to cry about it, but I say, you know, cry if you need to get it out.
Speaker 5: It's really therapeutic.
Speaker 3: So so is this event, Is this where people can come out to it?
Speaker 1: Are they more of like just an initiative and movement silence?
Speaker 24: So this time we're not doing anything live. It's just an initiative online, but we did just I want to mention come off the heels of May first, with it being Black Children's Mental Health Day. We had a senator in Georgia, Senator Anderson, that wrote a resolution for us designating May first as Black Children's Mental Health Day. First date to do it, and so we want to be able to take this to all the other states, and so we had a really dope teen wellness clinic. We call it our Coke Clinic, and we had about one hundred students from Atlanta public school systems and so we had like a sound bath session for them. We had this one cool thing called Lyrics Prescribe where we kind of talked through lyrics and relate it to everyday life. We also did a live podcast with a couple of teens, and then we had some expression stations, different things that you know, from a sensory perspective that the students could do. So we're really trying to do that on a national level. So I'm hoping that we can partner with the Mental Wealth Alliance.
Speaker 8: And do that.
Speaker 3: I'm down.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 24: So it's just a lot of good stuff that's going on right now. But I do also want to mention that the CDC released a new report in the last couple of months stating that black suicide rates have increased almost thirty seven percent from twenty eighteen to twenty one. So one of the things that we're doing is silence. The shame is focusing heavily on black youth and black men. So we have a suicide Prevention Summit coming up on September thirtieth, which maybe you know, if we can, if your schedule is clear, we love for you to come down and do that, but we have to release thirtieth. We have to pour more into our black youth. In the last couple of weeks, I've had friends that told me that their friends, you know, had a child that has attempted and so are think coming out of this pandemic, how black youth are really hurting and it's a lot going on, and so we have to be able to provide them with healthier ways to cope.
Speaker 1: So to talk to us about the suicide Prevention Smit, are you yep?
Speaker 24: It is Saturday, September thirtieth. Again, we're focusing heavily on black men and black youth. It'll be a one day summit in Atlanta. We'll have different panel discussions, live podcasting, breakout rooms, kind of similar, you know, to the summit that you do, but you know, totally more so around you know, suicide prevention. We're going to have different people share their lived experiences. We have a couple of people that have attempted suicide and lived and they're going to share their journey. So I say completed because of you, you well, attempted is different instead of omitted. Yeah, so you can say attempted because if you attempt it doesn't mean that you complete it.
Speaker 1: But don't say somebody killed theself. Yeah.
Speaker 24: I try not to say committed suicide because it denotes a criminal act. So we say either die by suicide or committed or completed or completed it. I'm sorry, yes, yes, yes, yep. So we're really excited about that, and we're hoping that we get more partners involved and we want to just you know, really be able to let people know that hope is still alive and suicide should not be an option.
Speaker 1: Even when people complete suicide. I feel like, you know, my perspective on suicide changed a couple of years ago when I had my good homegroun You Jazmin Waters jazz Fly, she committed. It was like, cause she was so intentional about things that I know everything she did was for a reason. So when she did that, I was like, maybe some people just know want when they want to exit.
Speaker 24: And you know, I won't mention her name because I don't talk publicly a lot about my best friend. But the day before I talked to her twelve hours before it happened in twenty fourteen, and I think she knew. She was calling and telling me goodbye. And at first, you know, I was blaming myself. I was blaming myself. From when I go back and rehash the story in my head, she knew what she was doing. People who die by suicide don't always have a mental illness. It could be just a result of something that has happened traumatically in their life, or the loss of a job, or you know, a disease that you may have a physical disease. But you can make up your mind and decide I'm done. I don't want anyone to ever feel like that. But that's the sobering reality.
Speaker 8: National Silence the Shame Day, which is today? What should people do?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 8: What do you suggest people to do for today?
Speaker 24: So today National Silence for Shame Day, I want you to go to your phones, you know, go to our Instagram page. You can upload these virtual photo frames that we have because everybody likes to see themselves on social media, so you can upload your photo. You can also share a video about how you're silencing your shame today. Right what mental health looks like in your life. And we also would love for you to support our organization one dollars, five dollars, ten dollars, one hundred dollars, one thousand dollars. You know, no amount is too big or small. So you can text the words silence to seven oh seven oh seven oh, and every you know, thing that you donate is going to go towards our programs as well as our organization and us being able to do the work that we do. But it's so important that we talk about these conversations and normalize them. One of the things too, that I just want to mention is we're announcing a big partnership with Microsoft. We're getting an app. Y'all. Oh, Microsoft is building us an app and it's going to launch in a couple of weeks, and it will have content, it will have you know, direct resources that you can go to because we don't do direct services, but we want to push the community to the resources. So we're excited and we're just trying to figure out, you know, with AI and VR like, what we can do in this space from a technology perspective so that people can be you know, equipped with the resources and tools that they need around mental health.
Speaker 8: So we appreciate you for joining. How can people follow you?
Speaker 24: And then then yes, so again it's today's May fifth, so please go to our instagram page at Silence to Shame. You can text the words Silence to seven O seven O seven oh. Or you can go to our website at www dot Silence and Shame dot com to donate, and you can follow me at Shanty Dos for four s h A N T I D A S four O four and make sure you're living that mebo lifestyle. It's all about mind body wellness.
Speaker 3: And I'll be donating to Silence of Shame.
Speaker 9: And I want y'all to post please I hope post on May fifth.
Speaker 8: All right, well it's the breakfast club is Shanty Dos. Thank you Shanty Does for joining us.
Speaker 10: We appreciate you and the ladies of Horrible Decisions that's you're stopping through.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, Maddy, and we need to give me your instagrams and all that good stuff.
Speaker 9: Yea can make sure your decision.
Speaker 5: There you go, and make sure you check us out every Monday.
Speaker 11: Type in horror we pop up. That's Horrible Decisions. Shout out to the Black Pact Network.
Speaker 3: Yes, and tell them about this tour again, the.
Speaker 11: Climax, the Climax Tour. Get your tickets now, horror hid dot com. We are on tour between June and November of this year. This is our last tour because we busy, but make sure you come and see us again.
Speaker 5: Charlemagne has said and.
Speaker 11: Quoted on record that this is the best podcast live show you will see some Make sure you get your ticket.
Speaker 3: Not even close.
Speaker 1: Nobody touching Mandy and Weezy on that stage. Thank you, not in the podcast based thank you. All right, Hey, before we get to the positive note, I just want to salute the Chevyes okay, on Route three and Edison. They provided food this morning for us on this fine single to Mayo tacos and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: And I got a salute.
Speaker 1: Coth dragonis my favorite tequila courtesy of Bob Pitman. But salute. No, Let's get to the positive note. The positive note is simply this, You have to love your self enough to not tolerate disrespect, disloyalty, and wishy washy feelings. Okay, if a person doesn't value you, move on.
Speaker 5: Ooh breakfast club bitches, y'all finished or y'all done,