Speaker 1: So, y'all are not going to believe this. After I interviewed Danielle and Nick, obviously, I realized there's something still there between them, right, and I really wanted to facilitate a reconnection between them. But Danielle insisted and so did Nick, that it was just totally and completely over. I didn't really believe it.
Speaker 2: And guess what.
Speaker 1: Today On Danielle's Instagram there's a story that's popped up and it's a picture of her and Nick together and they're cuddling there.
Speaker 2: They look very close and cannutally, and it just said.
Speaker 1: Sup, Okay. I texted Danielle, I'm like, what is going on? And she gave me some updates. I'm not allowed to say anything yet, but judging from the picture on Instagram, I think we can speculate that the.
Speaker 2: Bear minimum they're talking again. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like I'm like on the Bachelor, like the Bachelor of intimate knowledge, you know, reconnecting people and just bringing lovers together.
Speaker 2: So stay tuned.
Speaker 1: I'm going to keep up with Danielle and keep up with Nick and see how this goes down. But you guys, if they are back together, I am so excited, first of all, in second all, I am marrying them.
Speaker 2: I will be remarrying them.
Speaker 1: So you heard it first here Danielle Rule and Nick Thompson likely back together, and I will be marrying them.
Speaker 2: It is wild how quickly.
Speaker 1: So much can change in love, either for the good or for the bad, as can be evidenced by Danielle Rule and Nick Thompson back together, ladies and gentlemen, after I spoke to both of them individually. Now, all of a sudden, they're canoodling on a couch on Danielle's Instagram story. Obviously they're together in person. Unless it's an old photo, it's not. It's new, it's current, and it just says stup on it. I mean, I can just hear the church bells already singing that these two love birds have gotten back together, They've reconnected, And I'm going to take full credit for this if this is what's happening, which I believe it is, because they haven't spoken since last July, no contact, no nothing, and now here they are on Instagram. I mean that to me is an admission of at least couple status.
Speaker 2: Looks like it to me, at least You don't just get.
Speaker 1: Married to someone, get divorced from someone, and then go on and have a casual photo of YouTube together can noodling on the couch. They look like they have that energy in their eyes of just like pure and utter love and adoration for each other, which is what I think needed to happen. I literally texted Danielle and I said, you two really need to give this another chance. You need to redo on this, and voila, here's the picture. So this is how much can change in just a matter of a few days. When I did the interviews with them, it was before any of this happened. But you guys are gonna be able to listen and see how it all went down. I'm going to keep you updated on the entire timeline. So this is background info that now I'm you're all updated, but you can see and listen to exactly how it happened. So let's go into the interview and we're going to get the prequel to where we are now. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you connect people and hook them up right here on intimate knowledge.
Speaker 2: This is what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: This is intimate knowledge with Megan King, it's a show about sex.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome back to Intimate Knowledge.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Meghan King.
Speaker 1: Can find them on Instagram at Meghan King's check out my Retreats. Some exciting things are coming up at Guya Haven Experience dot Com. Have a great show for you today, So I'm gonna start out by giving you a little life update, and then we have Nick Thompson from Love Is Blind on with us.
Speaker 2: He has some things.
Speaker 1: To say about reality television cast members and basic human rights. So this should be interesting with both of our experiences on reality televisions.
Speaker 2: But first things first. So it's past weekend.
Speaker 1: I went to a wedding with my for all my girlfriends from high school and with my friend Will. Will and I have sort of been dating for a little while, sort of, I mean we call each other friends, but like we're more than friends. And we had a talk because I think I'm getting to this place where I'm ready to have more of an intense relationship, more of a serious relationship instead of kind of just like this wishy washy dating thing that we've been doing for a few months now. So I told him that, you know how I felt that I really want some more in my life.
Speaker 2: I want more from this relationship, you know.
Speaker 1: I want phone calls in the morning and texts, and I want to check in about each other's days, and I want us to plan when we're going to see each other next before the you know, we we part are part ways. We don't live in the same city. And he's like, no, I don't think I'm in that place in my life, like I need X y Z, you need ABC, and that's why we're we're best friends.
Speaker 2: And I was.
Speaker 1: I told him it wasn't what I was hoping to hear. But at the same time, I'm not mad about it, and we're so good as friends, and I think this is a great lesson for me.
Speaker 2: And it's not change.
Speaker 1: It doesn't change anything between us, but I think it's a great lesson for me and communication, which we always talk about on this show, and making sure that my have boundaries and my needs are met and a part of them have been very met for a long time and will continue to be. But I recognize that like where his limitations lie, and I applaud him for being so open and honest with me. There was no fight, no argument, no even hard I guess a little hard feelings, but honestly, I've like this has been one of the most honest, open, healthy relationships that I've ever been in in my life, and I cannot I just can't be more thankful for so happy to give you that update.
Speaker 2: Next up, we have Nick Thompson on the show. I'm a huge fan of Nick.
Speaker 1: He was on Love Is Blind season two and I watched every second of him and his shenanigans and his seriousness, and I am not surprised one bit that Nick is the executive director of Outreach for You Can, which is unscripted cast advocacy network. He just seems like a good guy with big feelings. So let's bring in Nick.
Speaker 2: Hello, Nick, Hey there, how are you? I'm all right, I have a nice setup.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, this is from my podcast I painted a wall blue?
Speaker 2: Oh cool? Well, I can't Plea's my favorite color?
Speaker 3: Mine too? Thank you?
Speaker 2: I think well, I think you're a blue aura.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh du Teal.
Speaker 1: I was a huge fan of you and Danielle on the show on Love's Blind, like because you guys were from what I saw, you guys instantly connected and you were like the mom and dad of the group, and especially you. You were like very level and like you were thoughtful and like thorough, and so I really really loved watching you and watching you guys grow. As like other people kind of explored their relationships, I felt like you were exploring their relationships, not your own.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I appreciate that, I feel seen. Second of all, I kind of felt that way because I was asking people these questions that they like hadn't thought about. Yeah, I know, you think about this before you sleepwalk into a marriage.
Speaker 1: I know. And I was like, thank God for Nick, Like what where is everybody else? And that's what kind of what we're here to talk about too, Like the mental health help that didn't exist, but you were there.
Speaker 2: Thank God for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, right, at least someone there with a level had help people think about stuff. There's I just remember, like I worked. I was like interim CMO my work at the time, So I was just all day managing twelve people, and and so I didn't get to like associate with the cast outside of filming very long.
Speaker 2: I didn't take time off of work.
Speaker 3: I did for the Pods in Mexico. But when I got back, I had kind of maxed out at three weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I did not know. It didn't seem like that. I remember there was an all cast event. I think it was like a cocktail party, and I think you guys were married at the time. No, maybe you were just like getting to the like on location somewhere, but you were like you wouldn't drink. You were like pretending that you were drinking and you wouldn't drink.
Speaker 2: Were you going back to work?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sometimes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were like I remember when and like the guys were taking tequila shots and you whispered to the bartender like just give me water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was in That was the couple's reveal party. I actually wasn't going back to work. I was going back to to Danielle when she had her panic attack that I didn't know about, so, oh my god. Okay, but I did stop drinking, Like after there was one day I got kind of tipsy in the pods and after that I was like, I am not getting drunk anymore. This is why it was like two. I don't want to say risky, but like I could just see myself not doing my due diligence if I was drinking constantly I would still drink casually, but like some some people were just crashed.
Speaker 2: Did you do your due diligence?
Speaker 1: Then I thought, so did you were, didn't you?
Speaker 3: I mean I I think so, yeah, I do. Yeah. I mean I always look at it like I I went in there thinking to myself, you know what, I'm okay. If I go home, I'm okay. If I get married, it doesn't matter to me. Like I'm seeing it, this can help me find someone because dating sucks. I hate it. I'd stopped pretty much doing all the apps and everything, and I was like, maybe this is the way. So I just went in with that mindset of I'm going to just be myself and if it works great, If not, okay, go back to normal.
Speaker 2: Literally the opposite of the apps, complete opposite. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only similarity is you have fifteen people instead of endless opportunities when you start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't you think they like they kind of like production kind of vets you guys out to see if you'd be like good, like who might be good together?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually have this new theory that I've been sharing that I've thought about. I actually think they have characters already determined that they want, and they go cast multiple people that could fill that role, and then when they get the person to fill that role, they send the other ones home.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, yeah, because they don't show every everybody on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh once the show's done.
Speaker 3: No, And once Danielle and I connected, they sent home like the other guys that had it together and had good jobs and were in their like mid thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did they connect with anyone though those other.
Speaker 3: Guys, Yeah, according to them, but who knows, right.
Speaker 2: So it was so you think it was highly produced on the back.
Speaker 3: End, I think so. I heard rumors that like they had actually heard this from Danielle, So I guess it's a rumor from that aspect, But that apparently like they had deep d and I together, we had the same producer, and that was kind of like where they were.
Speaker 2: Thinking the two of you would be together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I after our first seven minute date, I was like, no.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 1: But she's like level and like she's smart and like she's very comprehensive. Like everybody seems to like her, Like that's kind of how.
Speaker 3: You Yeah, she's totally likable. She's just not my Like, it's not what I would look for. No, I don't want to sound like a dick. She's just she's not. She's not my.
Speaker 2: Tie, she's is she too intense for you?
Speaker 3: I almost feel like she she doesn't have the intensity. She's so even keel, like, I don't know what she is.
Speaker 1: I felt like she seemed intense, but maybe I was just thinking about because she that what that dick was saying to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she gave him way too much slack before and after.
Speaker 2: Oh she did.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it was.
Speaker 2: It did not come that across that way to the viewers.
Speaker 3: I can't even well, she didn't know, like that guy got a good at it. I always say that he got a good at it, even though I thinks he got a bad one.
Speaker 1: That's what Danielle said, because Danielle was on the show a couple of weeks ago, and she basically said, the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah he got he was. The stuff he said at the reunion, the stuff he said after filming initially was just grotesque. I mean it like they didn't put some of it in there to protect her so that she didn't have to like hear it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, geez, it's intense.
Speaker 3: So gross.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me tell you why you're I think you're a blue or blue Auras are feelers. Oftentimes they take on someone else's emotion as their own, so it can be difficult to even like discern between like if you're fighting for something you believe in or if you're just feeling the other's intensity or emotion.
Speaker 3: That's so true, is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I have to like are thoughtful? Okay, I didn't. I've never heard about this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like so there's certain psychics or like I guess, like highly intuitive individuals who can see colors around people and I don't see colors, but I can feel colors, and so.
Speaker 2: You're blue.
Speaker 1: And a lot of times people, whatever your favorite color is is like you're authentic or a color.
Speaker 3: That's interesting too because it used to be yellow when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I could see you as a yellow.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes yellow boys are groomed out of being yellow because it seems like a more feminine sort of like persona.
Speaker 3: And that adds up with my childhood, does it?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Well you're probably have yellow as your secondary color too, if you're being authentic. So any anyways, it came across very strong. You were a lot of blue too.
Speaker 3: Notice I do thank you. You are very very observant.
Speaker 2: I am, I am well.
Speaker 1: I was a big fan of you when you were on the show, and I'm happy to have you back on here because I was interested in speaking to you about kind of the everything that blew up with Love is Blind this last season, and I was talking to Dan Yell about it too, and how there's basically no sort of or there's a massive lacking of mental health professionals on set and to give guidances support to people, especially in dating shows, going through that emotional roller coaster, and they're basically just like fed.
Speaker 3: To the wolves to say the least.
Speaker 2: Well, tell me about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they So they tell you that there is mental health support pre during m POST. I believe it was up to five thousand dollars in counseling post.
Speaker 2: Oh you have a monetary amount.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, I believe that's what it was. But what actually happened was there was a psychological evaluation in which I spoke probably a half hour an hour to a psychologist after taking a two or three hundred question questionnaire. And I don't know when it was, and I tried to look. I can't find it. But it's one of those where it asks you the same question over and over and make sure, yeah, exactly you in some moment that's exactly right. And so we did that and then you know, I've been in with my therapist now for six years. It was about four or five at the time, and you know, she was a big fan of season one and she was thinking, you know, this could be how you, you know, meet your person. You're authentic, you're you know, you're genuine, you know what you want, you know what you don't want. But she was concerned that I would walk into there and not have any support and not have like anyone like me, like similar to me, not actually like me. But so she asked if I would be okay if she talked to the show psychologists. So they had a whole phone conversation because she wanted to ask what type of support is there? This is an intense Yeah, this is an intense situation. You know, I just want to make sure that the stuff they're telling you is is accurate. Like this is a love experiment. Everyone's vetted. We're not looking for people that are influencers. We're not looking for people that want to be on the Bachelor, and you know, to to some extent, yeah, I mean, I guess you have to have the drama, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because of you know, to make money.
Speaker 3: Exactly, which is the point there, That's exactly it. And so I get that, and like I was well aware of that side of it. What I wasn't aware of was the strenuous conditions of no food, no water, you know, or no food no water hardly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you how many times I asked.
Speaker 2: For water and yeah, let's just turn on your tap.
Speaker 3: In the hotel. You had to at some point, but who wants to talk out of a hotel bathroom, sink whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, Yeah, it's not ideal, that's not ideal for most people. But I like to live my life on the edge. So tap butter is just fine.
Speaker 3: Tap butter is just fine. Just don't ever run your finger under the nozzle because you will find some gross feelings.
Speaker 2: I'll just drink it first. Build that immune system up. Okay, and no food seriously, yeah.
Speaker 3: So they it was so no they they would not allow you to order room service. You did not have your wallet, your credit cards, nothing, so you couldn't do.
Speaker 2: What is the point of that?
Speaker 3: You know, at the moment, you're just kind of like, okay, I don't get it. And then they had, you know, breakfast every morning when we were in the pods was at the hotel, and it was from the cafe. I have, like I'm pretty picky about what I eat, you know, I have some restrictions, some preferences and stuff. They had all of this ahead of time, barely.
Speaker 2: Didn't respect it, barely.
Speaker 3: So like I'm gluten free, Like I'll get sick if I eat gluten.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like it's a pretty typical restriction.
Speaker 3: Right, right, And I don't eat pork and I don't eat chicken. That's really it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're like sort of a vegetarian and gluten free, Like not that weird.
Speaker 3: Was I right, it's twenty twenty one whatever it is, right? And then I also intimate intermittent fast, So I was like, I don't eat breakfast, but like if I don't eat something for breakfast, then I might not eat again until dinner unless I want to eat like chex mix or whatever, you know, processed snack they had.
Speaker 1: It was not like that on the real house. When I was on the Real Housewives of Orange County. It was not like that. I think there would have been like a full scale uprising because we were like these princesses that needed to eat when we needed to eat, So like we were like we'd order all the room service and all of the things on the you know, it was a very indulgent show. The concept was different. But my sister was on The Amazing Race years ago and she got out pretty quickly. I think like second she was out and she went to Sequesterville, And it sounds more like what you're talking about her experience. She wasn't filming though, but because she was, she had already gotten kicked off. But like it's her experience was like no wallet, no credit card, no cell phone because they, oh, they didn't want anyone to tell you what's going to happen. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes me no spoilers.
Speaker 3: And I get the phone thing, like they tell you about the phone thing. I didn't think about it at the time, but like, what if something happened to me and I didn't have an id, Like what if the van goes off the road and on the way to the set.
Speaker 2: That's really odd.
Speaker 3: It's so odd.
Speaker 1: We had to like submit our passports and stuff before we traveled, so they had all of that for us. But my show had been on for ten seasons by the time I joined, so like they had it pretty dialed in.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, I have so many friends. I can't believe that I'm on your show today.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, no way, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: I think they all are the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're fanning back and forth. I love that.
Speaker 3: But that's that's wild because I actually have so many And this goes to, you know, the color thing and the feeling thing. I have so many people over the last couple of weeks that have DMed me horror stories from this show.
Speaker 2: From Love Is Blind, Love Is.
Speaker 3: Blind, food shows, other reality shows, competition shows, game shows. The stuff that people are telling me. I can only do to a day. I will only read, so anyone who's listening to it too much for you, It's too much. I mean last night I was almost in tears hearing this woman's story about how she lost her business because people hated her so much that they went on and just flooded her business with bad reviews, and then they hacked her website, and yeah, hacked her website and just put all sorts of negative stuff up there. The only reason she came on social media was because she heard that we had started this this foundation, and she wanted to reach out and share her story.
Speaker 1: Before you were on here, I introduced you as the executive director of you Can, the Unscripted Cast Advocacy Network.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely so. The you Can Foundation is something that I started with doctor Isabelle Morley, who's a psychologist and therapist, and then Jeremy Hartwell, who was also on my season, one of the guys that went home relatively quickly, and he had started talking about this about a year ago, and my whole thought was, if we stick this with just being like about legal support, it's going to be it's not going to cover like what people actually need. So that's part of it. But the whole idea is that we can provide reality TV show cast members potential cast members, and then post show we can provide them and make sure that they have access to mental health services and legal services. Because these contracts, I'm sure you know you've signed a bunch of them, there are thirty forty pages. Sometimes you don't really understand the jargon. You don't really know what you're signing up for.
Speaker 2: I hired a lawyer, I had a friend. Yeah, my dad's a lawyer.
Speaker 1: And I still even hired an entertainment lawyer even though my dad's a lawyer, because it's a different world.
Speaker 3: Totally, totally. Well, that's good, but like you think about it this way though, who is the means to do that?
Speaker 2: That's the thing. And also, when you're in the middle of America, You're in Chicago, I'm in Saint Louis. We don't grow up around Hollywood. This is not how we operate, and so we don't have anyone giving us some sort of like toolkit telling us how to navigate this.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly it. And that's the kind of support that you know we want to do. And I actually got the idea to start kind of offering this with the Foundation because someone, a friend of mine reached out to me and this is in October, North Carolina. She had been cast in the show that's filming there right now for Love is Blind, and she was like, I related the most to you, and I would love to talk to you to find out if you can give me a little bit of a little more info, a little more context, so I can know if I'm making a good decision. We talked on the phone for eight hours, and yeah, because she was asking good questions, we kind of we became friends all this stuff. But the bottom line was, she.
Speaker 2: Opted out, and you'll fall in love with her.
Speaker 3: I don't think so we're a little too different, but oh god, yeah she is. She's a great person, but she opted out of doing it, and she actually knows someone that is in it, and she's still so grateful that she opted out of it because it's just such a horrible experience.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that with reality shows, especially like a big one, like you were in the season two of Love Is Blind, which was a big season, and season one was big, Season two was big. Season three that's the one that was just aired right season three or was it four of feel like they're kind of like, all right, people know what they're doing now, like they're going on to get famous, you know what I mean, like the Bachelor kind of like that Bachelor atmosphere kind of thing.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: But and when I went on the show, it was when social media was still growing, so I got this massive following to people, but I didn't really have anyone to explain to me how to deal with overnight fame, how to deal with internet trolls. Like, but the thing is, I was born with ridiculously thick skin. I don't know where it came from. I find find found myself counseling cast members who'd been on that show for the whole ten seasons because they couldn't take the heat. And I think I was just kind of born to be in this spotlight in the way that I am, because I'm really good at letting things just go off of my shoulders.
Speaker 2: But a.
Speaker 1: Good reality star is not going to be and typically not gonna be like that. They're going to be somebody who's like internalizing everything, and that's where we find our entertainment at the sake of these people's like internal turmoil.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, and I'm I'm the same way, Like I used to be very different, but like therapy, working on myself growing up, you know, being in my career and you know, just kind of being forced to be around so many different kinds of people, Like I figured out real quickly, like if I'm just confident, I'm just myself, Like I don't really care what people that don't know me think about me and take Yeah, so it's similar to you like taking that in like the trolls. The trolls like they don't bother me. They only bother me when either they're like literally cruel, or what they're saying could like hurt someone else, or if it comes from someone something someone else said, and it's like you only think that because someone else said something that's not true, and that kind of hurts. But otherwise I just let it bounce off me too.
Speaker 1: I think what surprised me the most though, was how much it might not affect me, but it affects people who love me when they read it, and like my mom or my sisters and my best friends, they want to like go after these people. And I could see that it was really hurting them, And like that makes me emotionally even just saying it now, because I never considered that that collateral damage.
Speaker 3: That's so true. And I had a friend that eventually like took out because like I said, I was busy at work. I had a friend that took over my social to delete mean comments and put in all the words and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I have somebody who does that with my ex husband. I'm not kidding with his.
Speaker 3: Z I might need that, I might need to borrow them, especially lately. But what was really hard at the time, And again I didn't even I didn't know what I was doing. Like you said, overnight fame, they don't you know what they told us in a thirty minute call. They said, here's here's a couple slow. If someone's mean to you, delete them and block them. Thanks, yeah, I know, thank you anything else? Yeah, it was so basically.
Speaker 2: They're probably like ten ninety nine employees who just want to go home.
Speaker 3: Or they could be w two employees, like all of the cast are, even though we're not considered employees. Oh no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy that like SAG has a union and reality stars don't.
Speaker 2: It's like it's wild. I mean, I'm sure it's design by design.
Speaker 3: Oh, it totally is. And here's what I'm going to say. I posted this on TikTok just today. The Writers Guild of America the WGA, they're on strike. Every time they've gone on strike, I think it was nineteen ninety eight maybe, or maybe it was eighty eight. Reality TV pumped up. That's when cops got famous. The show cops went and blew up, and same in two thousand and eight when the writers went on strike. That's the boom that started reality TV. And so now we're at that point again and they can produce this stuff and all the crew they're all in a union, right, the producers.
Speaker 1: They have to shut down, they can only film certain amount of hours and they got to go home. They get bring in a night crew.
Speaker 3: You said it. That's what happened at Love is Blind. The only time we got a break was when they were swapping out their crew from the crew that had already maxed out the hours they're legally allowed to work for a day, had to go home. We stood there and filmed for another four six eight hours. Yeah, with a new crew. So that is awful, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 1: I mean, filling does take a lot of energy because you have to be on at all times because anything that you do or say, or like even just side glance can be used against you totally.
Speaker 3: And my new thing with that is editing is lying in reality TV because they will literally take something that you say and then show a different angle and put that audio over it.
Speaker 2: Did they do that for you?
Speaker 3: They did not do that for me. They left a lot of context in a few scenes on the ground. But I've talked to other people that they've done that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, it had it never really happened to me unless it was like some sort of a pick up, you know, where I had to be like oh my and like say it on my zoom and then they insert it, you know, something like that. Yes, But okay, So I want to talk about this. This is what I've been really dying to talk to you about.
Speaker 2: Nick vile. So Nick Viele was on The Bachelor. Was he a Bachelor? I think he was.
Speaker 3: He was. He's been on no less than three hundred times with that in Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 1: So I have thoughts about Nick viel because, like, before we even jump into this, So I went on next podcast once in La and I was like newly singled, and I sat down with him. I did my little interview, and I was like, I think he was I think he was like flirting with me. I think he might be into me. And I was like, I think maybe I could be into him, and so let me see if I have a text with him.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh my gosh, we're gonna we're gonna out him.
Speaker 2: I don't think he cares.
Speaker 1: Let's see, Oh I did, Oh my gosh, I have like a full text conversation with Nick wow with Nick viel Well anyways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we totally were like flirting.
Speaker 1: Back and forth a little bit and then nothing, which like I don't like. I just felt like he was wishy washy and like a little bit confrontational. And I understand that, like we are about all about confrontation.
Speaker 2: That's we're in entertainment.
Speaker 1: You said no to doing this interview with Danielle because it wasn't good for your mental health, which I fully respect, but internally I was like, oh, man, because that would have been really interesting to see an interaction between the two of you.
Speaker 2: By the way, good for you for you know, knowing your boundaries.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But back to Nick.
Speaker 1: So when I read this, it yet I sometimes wonder if he says bullshit like this just to get a rise.
Speaker 2: He says, what something like, oh, it's.
Speaker 3: Nice, star is fading.
Speaker 2: Your star is fading. Do you gotta pump it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's what you do when you want to get famous. You started not for profit to help people, So he sees right through me. You know all the famous philanthropists and founders of not for profits out there, Yeah, they're all They're all rich, they're living on their beautiful mansions in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: And it's just a distraction.
Speaker 1: Like his comments about what you're saying that you're basically discredit your entire experience. So you responded saying you'd have a conversation with him. But then what did he do?
Speaker 3: He turned off mentions basically lots you here's the funny thing too, Like I had a couple exchanges with Nick over DMS over the last year. Yell and I went fine, fine, Danielle and I went on his podcast virtually, but we went on it, and he was going to send me a copy of his book, which came out right around the time of my separation, and you know I never got it, which is whatever probably got lost in the mail.
Speaker 2: I got lost in the mail, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. So it was like totally friendly. And then there was another time he was in Chicago and you know, I was like, next time you're hear let me know, let's grab a drink, and he was, you know, open to it. He was here for his book, So he's here like in and out. Yeah, so we had like a couple friendly exchanges. And I guess where I get upset with how he handled this is he didn't invite a conversation. He spewed what sounded like propaganda straight from Netflix and Kinetic, and he just spewed it out there and then didn't invite any ulterior or alternative opinions or conversations. And he's got a giant platform and to punch down on someone who's trying to help people, whether you agree with it or not, instead of having a conversation or even asking me like do you want to have a quick call, and didn't even have to be public.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, this is my thought on that.
Speaker 1: I think Nick Vile is pretty like overall, he tries to put off this like persona of being self aware, and I just think that there's some room for improvement there. And in this circumstance, I think that Nick is probably projecting his own experience like back onto you with these harsh words, because I think he's probably like, look, I got famous from The Bachelor. I understood what it was coming with. Yeah, like some things really sucked, but like I can't complain now, so like fuck anyone else who wants to say that like it did some bad things for them, because like I'm living large and like I went through the same shit as you.
Speaker 3: I completely agree, and I'm not you know, I'm not going to attack his personality or anything like that. I think it is very much well.
Speaker 1: I don't want to attack his personality either. I think I might have gone too far with that. Like he's fine, but this this one really bothered me.
Speaker 3: Ye uh and for me when I think about this, like and again, I don't expect Nick Vile to know me. I don't expect him to.
Speaker 2: He does know you, you guys text DM.
Speaker 3: But the funny thing is is he also had he had a couple things that he said that are just not true, Like he said, Oh, there's so many more important things you could be involved with. Well, Nick, a simple look on my page you would see that I just organized in my city to get the mayor that I thought should be elected elected. And there's pictures of that happening right maybe three posts down. So don't say I don't do anything.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: But that's also not his business, Like why is he distracting from the issue.
Speaker 3: It's not the issue I know, but he wants to plant trees or something.
Speaker 1: There's more important things to be involved with than having a podcast. But that's what you do, Nick, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So well, and is my podcast. We talk about mental health, we talk about stigmatizing topics, we talk about culture, and I bring on experts, bring on journalists, I bring on therapists, all that stuff. He talks shit for a living on his podcast.
Speaker 2: It's like, don't throw stones.
Speaker 3: Right for him to like talk down to me without even taking a simple glance to see that, And he even said on it, Oh, I got all my information from my viewers. You guys are great. Well, you probably could have done a little more research. And then to just say, like, I'm not intelligent enough to monetize my platform.
Speaker 2: He said that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He said, yeah, he said, he said, I'm doing I mean right. And it's actually like, Nick, I monetize my platform when it makes sense for who I am, because I'm authentic and I'm not about just making money to make money. I'm about doing the right thing, and to me, that means turning down a lot of opportunities because they don't align with my values.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you've three hundred and thirty four followers, thousand followers, he has one point one million. He follows me, by the way, it says follow back, so I must not follow him.
Speaker 3: You must not follow him. I must probably unfollowed him after he was a jerk over text.
Speaker 1: I I know, I just get I just got like a weird vibe, like you just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, like kind of.
Speaker 3: What was that was that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Would you you get three years ago? Two years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it was three, you know about three years ago. Yeah, he just just seems like a little honestly, we would probably butt heads because I think we would both have like really big opinions and it wouldn't be Yeah, no, Well, so what would what would you say to him if you were talking to him right now?
Speaker 2: What would you say to him?
Speaker 3: I would well, it would be it would depend a little on the context. But you know what I say to him now is don't don't punch down. You don't understand what my, what Danielle's, or what any other reality TV stars experience was. To project what your experience was when you went on four shows, I believe it was one time on the Bachelor, one time on the Bachelrette, and two times in paradise, and to equate that to every other reality show that we have out there and then say that the barometer is fain the barometer is followers. Right, that's his whole thing. That's why she shot down.
Speaker 2: I do understand that part of it. So that's part I was like, all right, yeah, I get that there is a trade off here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't do this for followers, like I did this to see if I could find love.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it for followers. I did it for a job. But but then I never got a job, but I got followers. So it's fine.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you're smart enough to monetize your platform.
Speaker 2: That's what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I would just say to him, you know, don't don't project your experience on everybody else. Have a little bit of empathy because I, like I said earlier, I have so many dms of people that have been through horrific experiences. And I went through my horrific experience, and I went through, you know, with Danielle, all of the things that she went through, and that was not easy. And the fact that I couldn't get the show to help us at all after the fact, let alone during the fact and the fact that they promised that, and that's part of the agreement that you have to go on the show and you can't get it. It's it's a disaster and people's lives are.
Speaker 1: It is Nick And I saw that a lot with Kelly Dodd on the show. She's kind of she's like it has a big personality, and we have publicly butted heads on numerous occasions, and I think, like I remember the first season she was on, I was like really worried about her, and they said the same thing to us on The Real Housewives. There is mental health support. We met with a counselor for like a whole entire twenty minutes on the phone, you know what I mean. And that was that, Like I didn't think about it though. It was a little bit of a different time, like streaming wasn't It wasn't what it is like. It really wasn't around actually in two thousand and fifty, which is like wild to think about.
Speaker 3: It was just Netflix.
Speaker 1: It was only Netflix then, yeah, and Netflix was like if you had you know, you were like upper middle class kind of thing. It wasn't normal. It wasn't a typical thing.
Speaker 3: The lower middle class just got the DVDs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just it seems like Nick Vile is potentially like believes that his foundation of fame and influence has been built on a fragile foundation and that if we pull back that curtain, that it might all fall apart from out from under him.
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. I think that's possible. And I also think at the same time that he he's in a sandbox, I say, in the middle of a desert, and in that sandbox, the only reason people do this is for fame and anything else doesn't matter. If you if you have mental health issues, if you are publicly harassed, this is just what you signed up for. But you're in a desert of people that like don't understand that, and you know, because you've been through it, you don't really know. Until you're there, you can't know.
Speaker 2: And that goes with every life experience. And that's victim blaming.
Speaker 1: And like, I really really want to put a spotlight on victim blaming, and because it tries to shift the narrative to say that the victim is wrong here when really you're just just the victim is just sharing their experience, like nothing will take away from that experience. So it really like what Nick is doing with this is just really really really irks me.
Speaker 3: Me too, and I my whole thing is again, I don't think we're trying to destroy reality TV. We're just trying to make sure that people get disport. I know it's not I'm not trying to I'm not even trying to destroy Love is Blind. I just want I lived this. Nick did not live Love is Blind.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Love is Blind has gotten better, like, I'm sorry, like on the back end, no.
Speaker 3: So my trip. I met with some various cast members throughout the seasons last week, and it doesn't sound like it's gotten better.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do about it?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get people to share their stories and share their experiences, but everyone is so scared of getting sued that no, no one is like, full force, let's let's do this.
Speaker 2: Are you afraid of getting sued?
Speaker 3: I got nothing to lose. They probably will, they'll.
Speaker 2: Try to issue a gag order or something.
Speaker 3: Possibly. Yeah, but here's the thing. I'm not giving away like secrets to production. I'm telling the truth.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'll come after you.
Speaker 3: I think it would be a bad look, but I'll wear it.
Speaker 2: If you sign something that said you wouldn't talk, just the.
Speaker 3: Typical NDA that we all sign. But there's so much money wrapped around at that people are terrified again sued for millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: So with the Real house.
Speaker 1: It was the same kind of thing, right, we couldn't talk about it, yeahda yeah, But then they Andy Cohen just like worked with this reporter Dave Holmes, who he used to work for People, and he took a leave of absence to write a book about the insides and of the Real Housewives franchises, and it was it was endorsed by Andy Cohen, and like I did an interview with him.
Speaker 2: I haven't read it yet, somewhere in here, Oh it's out, okay, I thought, oh yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: Ben out And I gave an interview, and I gave an interview with like every insider info, like when they screwed up the production or editing, when they like everything that happened, what actually happened when Lizzie got fired and what all of this, and it's all printed and like that was done on purpose.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 1: Kind of feel like in the age of where the internet is and the dissemination of information that you talking about. This probably doesn't come as that huge of a surprise to a brand new show like Love Is Blind that hasn't really gotten like dialed in how their production and their food and they're they're like whatever the leaders are called, producers. Yeah, the producers and the runners and all those people.
Speaker 2: You know, there's all kinds of people. Because like they they could have been like one person who screwed up the food and then they get fired the next season.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I mean it's possible. I think it's interesting that it was just so consistent and it was yeah, I mean yeah, And of course they did apologize in Mexico.
Speaker 2: I think it was Mexico.
Speaker 3: It might have been when we got back. Yeah, the executive producer came over like this doesn't represent us, blah blah blah blah. But then it just continues.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I love what you're doing, like pulling back the curtain. I think that's a great term to really describe what's happening. And I personally, like in my my heart hearts, believe that this is going to be a trend that is going to like pick up steam and change will be made, and I don't know if it will be in the way of some sort of you know, reality show union like I think of like I think of uh not, Love is Blind, ninety Day Fiance, which I love that show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have people from ninety Day Fiance they reached out to with horror stores.
Speaker 2: They don't know what they're.
Speaker 1: Doing, Like these people are like, I mean, no way in Helle do they know what's about to happen to their lives or like how to even like read the contract probably so like exactly, I mean you could be a fully educated person like me and and still hire an entertainment lawyer, you know, to read the contract. Like, there's no way these people know what they're getting into. So like, in order to have like some sort of consistency throughout the industry, it will be necessary to go to some sort of unionized is shrout?
Speaker 3: I completely agree, And I never thought that I'd be a union organizer. I'm pro union for the most part, but I guess I'm maybe at the foundation of becoming, you know, helping us become a union, because I think it's it's basic human rights that for some reason, Reality TV cast have escaped the evolution of labor laws, and it's true. Then, on top of that, the damage to someone's mental health. And let me let me pose this to you. If there was a psychologist or a mental health professional on the set for Love Is Blind, as they claimed, wouldn't Danielle's panic attack be the perfect opportunity for that person to show up. I'm here, let me navigate. We're not going to film until she's ready to film, or go get Nick. Let him know. Because they sent me in there, I had no idea she had a panic attack.
Speaker 2: They didn't do did they film her panic attack?
Speaker 3: So it happened, and then they filmed host while she was still coming down. I would say, that's not really my place to say, but you know, as far as I could tell, right she had had it. And then they came and they didn't get me. They told her we were going to film. They told me she's not miked. Go in there and tell her about the couple's party, and I was like, okay. I had asked them to put one of the producers that she and I really liked outside her door in case she did get anxious and needed someone to talk to. They didn't do that after they said they would. These were all things that like they said they were going to do, they didn't do, and you know, sending me in there to film, and just not telling me what was going on, Like didn't even tell me Danielle at a panic attack, We're still going to try and get this scene. I probably wouldn't have said yes to that until she was okay, but they just didn't care. They just sent me in there. Anyway, It's such a.
Speaker 1: Weird fine line filming a reality show where like we were the talent, but we're all so it's our real life and it's our real feeling. So it's tough to stow that line. I can imagine how tough that is. I mean, obviously for the talent, but the producers as well. And I'm playing devil's advocate a little bit here, not saying that what they're doing is right, because it wasn't, because like you weren't treated like a human in that situation. Like if you make a promise, put x y Z producer out the door, outside the door, then follow through in the promise, Like I just think that sounds pretty simple to me.
Speaker 3: Well, and that producer, by the way, ended up quitting a few days later because she didn't like how they were treating us.
Speaker 2: Really, will she talk?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I've I've pushed her to some of the journalists that have come out, but I haven't seen anything from her. I should catch up with her, but I don't know. They're scared too. I mean one of our producers got to cease and assist a few months ago or maybe what more like a year ago? He posted literally like a behind the scene picture that he took of Danielle in my wedding.
Speaker 2: I mean those are like, I freaking collect season desist so whatever. Like I have a pile of them. I'm like, funny, it does not just U no kidding.
Speaker 1: I got one from on the day of the reunion when I exposed a guy for faking cancer. I got one on the day of the reunion and I literally brought it on the reunion. I ripped it up and I was like, this is how I feel about your season desist like f you.
Speaker 3: Well, that will be the tactic I take, but I'll probably have to be like an Instagram reel and on TikTok.
Speaker 1: We'll keep me posting on everything and come back if you have any updates. I have like so many more questions to ask you, but I think this this conversation was.
Speaker 2: It was I was.
Speaker 3: I hear if you Yeah, I do too. I'm here if you want to ask more questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I think we were pretty much at time right now, but maybe we could follow up again in the future.
Speaker 2: Are you in a relationship right now? We got to talk about love a little bit.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I am still healing my wounds, I guess from all of this. This all happened very quickly. I feel like I was processing everything in slow motion, and I, you know, I just don't I don't want to waste someone else's time. I don't want to waste my time knowing that, like you know, my heart's still broken over all this, so I don't want to I'm sorry, and I don't want to do that to somebody else.
Speaker 2: So no dating apps, not going, not on the paral. No, sorry, ladies off for now. So celibacy is your route. God bless all right, Well, thank you so much, Nick.
Speaker 1: This has been wonderful and thanks for all you do with you can and I am a supporter and I will be outspoken to help you and help do whatever I can to affect change and mental health advocacy within Real TV.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for that. I appreciate it, and thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Yeah great, all right, So as I get off this interview with Nick, the first thing that comes to my head is, shit, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't ask about Danielle. We just had Danielle in the show last week. But y'all, he seems so so wounded.
Speaker 1: I don't want to like bring that up right now. Obviously, I know that he's not talking to Danielle. He didn't want to have an interview with Danielle. He literally just told us that he's still looking his wounds after this traumatic experience and breakup that he's had, and he's not over that experience yet, and he's still, you know, processing. So I think that we have our answer. He doesn't talk to Danielle. Does I wonder if he still loves her. I would have to venture to say that's going.
Speaker 2: To be a strong no. But maybe he's, you know, like.
Speaker 1: The opposite of love is in TTE, the opposite of love is apathy. So he might not quite be to the apathy portion of his healing, but I'm sure as hell that it's not the love part either, so you know, well, I think that kind of wraps it all up. But Nick seems like such a good guy. He seems like the exact same guy he was on the show, maybe a little shyer actually than I thought he was on the show. But next week we're gonna get Danielle back here, so we're didn't cover all the things that we didn't talk about. I know, Danielle was just on, but now I have Nick. Now I have more to talk about, and I you know, I can see kind of their personalities and how they balance each other.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited to chat with her next week. Thank you guys for.
Speaker 1: Listening this week's episode of Intimate Knowledge, because if I know, you know, okay.
Speaker 3: Bye. Subscribe to Intimate Knowledge on iHeartRadio or wherever you listen to podcasts.