Speaker 1: This is Intimate Knowledge with Megan King. It's a show about sex. Hello everybody, and welcome back to Intimate Knowledge. I am your host, Meghan King. You can find me on Instagram at Megan King.
Speaker 2: Check out my retreats a guyhavenwellness dot com. So today we're gonna go over a few things and talk to you about some headlines. There's a really weird one that I want to start with. Super's kind of funny though, and then I'm gonna tell you what's been happening in my life lately.
Speaker 1: I went to a medspa.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you about that, give you updates on my relationship status and where that stands, and where we go from here. And then we're gonna wrap it up with an interview with Danielle Rule. We had her on a couple weeks ago, but then I got to interview Nick, herrect husband, So I want to wrap back to her and give her my thoughts on that interview and see if they might have gotten closer because they're coming together and talking about mental help.
Speaker 1: So let's get right into it. First of all, this first.
Speaker 2: Headline is gnarally you guys, all right? So at the la Philharmonic. That's a that's an opera. Hal okay, people are watching, you know, this beautiful symphony and this is the quote. There's some conflicting reports. Some say it looked like she had awoken from sleep, possibly a medical issue. Others claimed it sounded very much like an orgasm. One person said quote the sound from the audience member was wonderfully timed to a romantic swell in the symphony.
Speaker 1: One can't know exactly.
Speaker 2: What happened, but it seemed very clear from the sound that it was an expression of pure physical joy, a sort of classical music equivalent of that scene in a movie where someone is talking loudly in a party or a nightclub and then and then the recording suddenly stops and they say something that everyone hears.
Speaker 1: All right, So I read this article.
Speaker 2: This woman had a full blown orgasm while watching the symphony. Her husband was sitting.
Speaker 1: Next to her and was like very proud of himself.
Speaker 2: I cannot imagine, Like what was happening? I wanted, why isn't anybody talking about was there any movement going on?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What is was she wearing like.
Speaker 2: A remote control vibrator or something? This is I don't know how I feel about this, because nobody's identified this woman, but it doesn't seem like she left.
Speaker 1: It kind of seemed like she stayed.
Speaker 2: Was this all just a big rumor or like, is it just something that got blown out of proportion because it sounds, you know, like like it would be funny. I've never listen, I've never gotten caught having sex in public. I've never have I had sex in public? I have, I mean, I don't know, like I'm not that risky. I mean I have had sex I guess outside. But if I would actually get get caught having sex, I think I would feel so exposed and vulnerable. That would not be a fun experience for me. It would be traumatic. So that's not really something I feel. Like if you are engaging in a sexual act and someone else is watching that doesn't know that they're going to be watching a sexual act, it's almost like it's like a dick pic. If you get receive a dick pic and you're not expecting a dick pic, that's a.
Speaker 1: Fucking power move And I don't like it.
Speaker 2: And so it's like you did there was no consent in your reception of this photo. There's no consent in someone else seeing you have sex publicly, and I just think I find it incredibly offensive and a power move and wrong. And but like this woman didn't seem like she was trying to be out in the.
Speaker 1: Open or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's that was a fun one to talk about. So a couple days ago I went to the medspot. Y'all, this beautiful medspa over in Effingham, Illinois. It's a tiny, tiny little town in Illinois. They sent me a little plane over to Saint Louis to pick me up a couple of my friends up. We fly over to Illinois and we do some procedures. Got these Lippi's right here, got these puffed up And guess what I tried?
Speaker 1: I tried this chair.
Speaker 2: I guess it's called chair. It's called impsala, And so what it is. It kind of looks like a toilet bowl. It's a round seat with a back, and you sit on it and with fully closed And the point is that you are supposed to it's supposed to like tighten your pelvic floor so it reduces your erring continence.
Speaker 1: It's like doing like ten thousand kee gels or something. And it's supposed to improve orgasms. So I was like, yeah, signing me up.
Speaker 2: So I sit on this chair and it's like this magnetic radio frequency or something, and they're like, yeah, you'll know when it's in the right spot. I'm like, am I gonna have an orgasm? They're like, yeah, maybe if you sit in the right way. I'm like, what, Like this feels very weird to be sitting here and having this happen with everyone watching me.
Speaker 1: So I sit on the chair, I turn it on.
Speaker 2: I'm like whow, Like I can feel the tingles right there, and I kind of have to sit there like with my legs spread apart so it can like get up in there. And so I'm like moving around making the right spot, and like it didn't. I don't think I could have had an orgasm from it, for that's for damn sure. But like it kind of felt good, but it mostly felt fine, Like it mostly just it wasn't uncomfortable, but it wasn't comfortable. It was just a sensation that was unusual. So I'm sitting there and there's two protocols, so I do the first one for a little bit and I was like, yeah, like you can turn this up or something and then they put me. They're like, yeah, we'll do protocol too, which is like the more intense one. So they turn me up to Protocol too. I sit on this machine for the longest amount of time that you can sit on it with the highest intensity one percent that you can have, and on the most intense protocol, I do it. I'm sitting there for like thirty eight minutes straight. You can't wear like I couldn't wear my Garmin watch because apparently, like the magnets in it would get screwed up and like my watch.
Speaker 1: Might stop working. So I did this. I get up, I get off.
Speaker 2: Everything's fine, Like I don't really I kind of felt it in my glutes actually, like it was kind of helping my glutes.
Speaker 1: My glutes are actually a little bit sore.
Speaker 2: So yesterday was my first day with like it was the first day after the treatment that I had on the solid machine. I wake up, I'm laying in bed, and I'm like, oh my god, it felt like below my belly button. Someone had gone up inside me and just like churned it all up with like just really toss that salad, but like deep up in me.
Speaker 1: I was in so much pain.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like I was having contractions like baby, like I was having a baby. It was but dullar, but like wouldn't stop, and it was and I was like, am I gassy?
Speaker 1: Like am I gonna have my period?
Speaker 2: It was just fucking miserable to the point or it hurt to sit down so much. So like I guess maybe if I was stretched out standing up that kind of like help relieve some of the pain.
Speaker 1: I took I reprofen to try to help with it.
Speaker 2: I I couldn't believe how bad it hurt. I texted the mud spot and they're like, yeah, I mean, I guess it's working. And then they said that the second day it gets worked. Oh wait, hold on, holy shit, this is so embarrassing. So right after I had it done, we like go to dinner. Hours past we go to dinner and I go to the bathroom and I pull my pants down. I ship my pants. I was like, I ship my pants. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I took.
Speaker 2: I had no idea it was like a lot, but it was like there's definite poop on my aunties, and so I like discreetly take them off and like throw them away in the trash, can you know? And I walk out and I say to my friends Jim and Jeremy, who were there with me. I was like, you guys, I shit my pants, Holy shit, oh my god, what is going on with me?
Speaker 1: And they're like, oh, they said that could be a.
Speaker 2: Side effect because everything loosens before it tightens, and it's like it's like getting it's so intense. I guess initially that it has to like, you know, get to working. Yesterday, I felt like somebody was like up in me, like messing around with my insides, and it was so painful. And then this morning now I'm like, I'm still like it still hurts a little bit, but I'm okay. But I'm like there's definite stuff happening in the GI track and everything.
Speaker 1: And I was talking to the medspot owner Tara.
Speaker 2: And she's like, oh, what, just think about how amazing your orgasms are gonna be some so much pain. I was like, I cannot think about an orgasm right now, Like that's just more contractions of those muscles. That is not where I'm going with this. So now that I'm finally improving and I'm not shitting my pants anymore, and I'm not having to take pain meds to like get over this. Yeah, I'm gonna see if my o's are stronger and better and supposedly easier to achieve. So I'm very excited to keep you guys posted on all those dirty details because clearly I'm not afraid of sure update with the man situation. So I I'm.
Speaker 1: So okay with with where we are.
Speaker 2: I really really love having a best friend in this man and not a romantic partner. Yeah, I mean I think that, you know, if everything was perfect, I would have my best friend as my romantic partner this breath even this best friend. But at the same time, I I'm really happy with just having a best friend.
Speaker 1: So what happened was we were.
Speaker 2: At this wedding and I said, look, look, we've been dating for a few months and this has been wonderful and it's exactly what I wanted to be involved in, something that's not very serious and it's more friend like.
Speaker 1: But now I'm at the point where.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to take the next step and like have that level of commitment that a traditional boyfriend girlfriend relationship would involve. And He's like, listen, like we're in two different places in our lives and that that's just I don't think that that would be healthy for either of us to jump into right now, because He's like, I don't think that we're going to make each other happy with the expectations that we have of this relationship. Well, you know what I wanted to be versus what he wanted to be. And I was like, you know what, You're right, and it was so healthy and so honest, and we nothing changed between how we acted with each other. But it was definitely, you know, back to that friend zone, and I am so glad it's there. But I also said, look, I'm going to date other people, like all right, because I do want a boyfriend now, Like I am in a place where I'm like, all right, I do miss that sense of security that comes with having a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I don't miss dating.
Speaker 2: And I'm probably not going to be like out, you know, gunning to go in like a million dates like I happened in the past. I'm very comfortable with myself, but I am ready for a place where I'm getting that commitment from a partner. And I had my friends Tim and Jeremy in town the other day, and Jeremy actually woke up with my kids, took them to school, made him breakfast, he'd let me sleep in and it was so sweet. It meant so much to me, and it also reminded me, look make like this is what a partnership could look like, you know, an actual partnership like people loving, like my partner, loving my kids and being involved with my children. And even though Jeremy's gay and had a husband sleeping in the guests bedroom in my basement, it was nice to know that, like, I don't have to necessarily get that sort of fulfillment from a romantic relationship. I can fill them with platonic relationships as well. And that's been an incredible lesson that I've been living these past few months within my current dating relationship and then just cultivating my friendships with my good girlfriends and guy friends as well.
Speaker 1: So ladies and gents, I am on the browl watch out.
Speaker 2: I mean sort of, I'm like brilliant mom mode, Like it's Friday and any Friday that comes up, any Friday can come up, and I'm like, it's Friday, It's my week, and I get to chill with my kids and like be a mom. That's literally what I look forward to on the weekends, like hang out with my kids. Okay, we have Danielle Rule with us. She was on season two of Love is Blind. I'm excited to talk to her. I want to bring her in and get all of the updates on her take on mental health on Love is Blind and how that relates to what her ex husband Nick is talking about. So let's bring in Danielle Rule. Danielle, welcome back to intimate Knowledge. Danielle, you were just on the show with us from you're from Love is Blind season two. I look, like I said before, I loved you and Nick on the show. You guys were like the mom and dad of the season, and I wanted to talk to you again because there's been more drama, basically more tell all that's been happening as far like as far as you know Love is Blind and production and the mental health of the cast members. And I had a chance to talk to Nick the other day. Oh yeah, yeah, he got on the show and we chit chatted amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was good. I mean, I know you're trying to connect us. I wanted we were talking.
Speaker 2: About I was going to go out to Chicago as we're all three gonna get together.
Speaker 1: It was gonna be great.
Speaker 2: But Nick wanted nothing to do with that. He does not want to be in the same room with you. He does not want to talk to you.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't. I guess, like the grieving processes are different right where. I think at first I was probably in that headspace and now I've kind of like moved past any like negativity when it comes to him, and unfortunately he just like isn't in the same place.
Speaker 2: It was interesting, like I didn't I felt like I didn't want to really dive in with any questions that were super duper personal with him because honestly, he felt a little guarded to me. And do you feel that too, or like was he always like that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean I haven't talked to him since, Yeah, we broke up. Like it was funny. I was with Kenny from the Battery. We were we went to VLA Plus together and he was like, I haven't seen Nixon Solid Plus.
Speaker 1: I was like me either, Oh really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean Nick, he's a nice guy, is thoughtful and pensive and like just has a he's kind it seems to have a very big heart. But I felt like if I you know, ask him many questions about you or something that I might yeah, be like of offending him or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was I read the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you read the room.
Speaker 1: I read the room. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he was like, no, I don't want to, you know, go on with Danielle. I don't think that's good for my mental health. And I and I brought this up in the like when I was interviewing him. I was like, you know what, I would love for you guys to be in the same room together, because I think that would be great entertainment, to be totally honest and frank, like, that would be great entertainment for me and for the listeners. But it's but like I respect him for putting his mental health first and whatever that means to him. But at the same time, I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm doing the same thing that you and Nick are speaking out about, and like what happened with love is mine, you know what I mean. Like it's all just this doggy dog world in the entertainment and it's all at the expense of you, of Nick of you know so. And I want to say I'm sorry, but I'm not, Like I'm not sorry because this is what, you know, kind of what we're doing. You know, if we put ourselves out there, we're putting ourselves out there. However, you want to make sure that you're you're being protected, and so tell me about your tech, your not your tiktoks, tell me about your reels that you put on Instagram recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's interesting. Everyone's like, why are you talking about this now? But if you were to paid close attention to like every single podcast that I did and every interview that I've done, I've been talking about this since day one. I've gotten so many like slabs on the risk before. Really, but no one Yeah, but no one, you know, like was paying too much close attention. No one listens to every single podcast Danielle Rule is on right, right. But it came this this Business Insider article that had a wide breath of different contestants on it and had a lot of reach. And so because that article went viral, now us speaking out about it is getting a lot more attention. Okay, so what did the articles say, Like in brief, Yeah, the article was just kind of talking about the really bad working conditions while on the show, So lack of food, lack of water, lack of sleep, just some of the like emotional destruction that it can have. One thing that I thought was interesting is they actually had a PA anonymously give a comment that they confirmed that when we as contestants asked for water in the pods, that they would be told they would intercept it. They would either be told not to give it to us or to bring a champagne alongside it. And we have these like conspiracy theories in our head right that they're doing it on purpose, but you know, but sometimes you're like, well, you know, maybe they just like didn't have the time or forgot, or we're doing something else. But hearing that a PA literally said that they were intercepted when asked to bring us water was us and it just like confirmed everything for me.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's the PA that Nick was telling me about. He says, one quit.
Speaker 3: And uh, yeah, that was ours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because she she didn't like that.
Speaker 2: You know, you asked for support and it was like with your favorite producer and that was denied to you.
Speaker 1: That's what Nick explained to me.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then she subsequently quit and I was like, well, Nick, well maybe you know she could get to talking.
Speaker 1: He's like, well or someone. I was like, could someone talk.
Speaker 2: And he's like maybe maybe, So I wonder if it was her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, potentially. But actually when I posted the reels, I got dms for multiple pas and wranglers who talked about not only the experience for the cast members, but explaining that their experience as pas and the crew members was terrible as well. So they had really bad working conditions. And so she wasn't the only one who quit. I know that. She said that she quit because she couldn't handle the way that we were being, you know, treated, but they were also being treated a certain way as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: So okay, so you like you said this, You've been talking about this, but you know, maybe people haven't been following so closely. So why now, why is this just coming out at this point in a big way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, so, Jeremy Hartwell had put out a lawsuit, and because I asked that too, I was hesitating it. Jeremy Hartwell he was in our season. He's best friends with Nick, but he wasn't shown.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: He did a lawsuit, and because I asked business inside or two, I was like, do I engage myself in this or not, and he they said that for a while, they have been investigating the behind the scenes of the production company coming out of that lawsuit, and they had reached out to everyone that I know. Like, I remember one of the guys that worked on my team who was a part of production. He's like, the they reach out to you and I was like, yeah, He's like, they reached out to me. How did they find me? I was like, probably IMBB, but they literally reach out to everyone. And then ultimately like, that's why I think it blew up is because so many different people were talking about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so talk to me about Nick Vile, and he had some choice words about this whole situation, essentially saying that like, well, he said Nick specifically, his star is fading, and so that that's why he's doing this, you know, to bring attention back to himself. And and you commented on Nick Vile's comments as well, didn't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, talk about I was heated.
Speaker 3: I was heeded.
Speaker 1: I didn't like what he said, what Nick's said.
Speaker 3: The thing is is that I know the relationship that Nick Viole has with Kinetic, and so again I have these conspiracy theories and they're oftentimes right, but instead of suing us because that would bring more attention, I think that that was maybe one of their ways to discredit the things that that we were saying. Right, And so he was speaking so confidently, like, I know they had food and water. I guarantee they had food and water. They're getting these free Coachella tickets. We literally paid for our Cotelo tickets. Like That's one of the stupidest lies that he told. But I'm just like this idiot, like, how can you guarantee that we had food and water? Like, how can you guarantee what we're paying for? What we're not paying for? Like it was just such a bizarre thing to listen to, but it is weird.
Speaker 2: Does Nick have this like really really good really who's Kinetic and and was his relation satic?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So Kinetic is the production company that produces Love is Blind, and the head of pr she is really really close with Nick and that's why he did so many Love is Blind people on his podcast because of their relationship. Yeah, and so oftentimes what they want him to talk about. I've been on the podcast. I know how the relationship works, and so I know kind of like the behind the scenes of what happens. That's why I have these assumptions as to why he might have said the things that he did. But again, it's not like I had that confirmation.
Speaker 2: But yeah, right, right right, I mean, okay, so what did you say about Nick's comments?
Speaker 3: So he had said more than what was just in the podcast. I had some other people send me some videos that said that I talk about suicide and mental health for attention, which is very child for me because it was, Yeah, that was hard for me to talk about in the first place. Ever kidding, yeah, no, And so that's what really triggered me. Yeah, I was a frustrating for him to ask, like he was so confident about the behind the scenes stuff, So that was one thing, and then also just the whole you deserve it kind of thing, like you signed up for this. So that's kind of what instigated my reel because I'm like, Okay, you have a million followers who you're saying all of this negative stuff about me and my ex and I'm going to stick up for myself. And it was interesting. I had so many others or contestants reach out to me after that saying thank you for standing up to him.
Speaker 2: Do you, like, do you think that there's something with the love shows that maybe is more conducive to this type of treatment or like potentially like because I I the reason I'm asking is because when I was on the Real Housewives, I didn't feel like I didn't feel the same way that you and Nick. Yes, felt when I was on the Housewives, But I wasn't looking for love. I wasn't being vulnerable in the way where I was like putting my whole self out there and potentially spending the rest of my life with a stranger like you did and then did it because you got divorced, But like I was, you know, just basically being myself and like showing what I'm doing with my life. Right, So I guess what I'm asking is, do you think that, like, because you were on a show about love, it changed the dynamic?
Speaker 3: Yes? And no. I think one obviously, like to have someone fall in love with another person and then marry them in such a quick time, there has to be a lot of, you know, different behind the scenes things that make you a little bit you know, like oh yeah, like I'll do this and you're like bringing.
Speaker 2: Up stuff from your past because you're trying to get to know somebody, so you're like, okay, well, if they're really gonna know me.
Speaker 1: They got to know all of me.
Speaker 2: And then you're digging up and you know, hard things are just it doesn't even matter, just emotional things in general.
Speaker 1: That's depleting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was really hard, you know, like bringing up every single past traum and telling it to someone that you just met and talking about it every single day with production.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said you over shared at one point you felt like you alway shared.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One thing that I think is interesting though, is you know, I now know a lot of different people who are in a wide broad of different shows. And there's two things that I've found. One, you know, we're getting paid, like we're we don't know what we're doing. You know, this is our first rodeo, so it's a lot easier to be brainwashed by you know, production, which is when I went on after the Altar a truly different person, and you're treated a lot better your next time around. So I know people who are on Love Is Blind that went on Perfect Match and they were treated entirely better because you know, there's longevity. So me and then we're going to go on another reality show again, right, But if you're on a reality show where there's multiple different seasons, they're going to treat you in a different way. I remember one of the producers on Love Is Blind worked for The Hills previously, the most recent you know iteration, and he was like, this is nothing like anything I've ever experienced really, So yeah, So I think that's one thing. But in addition to that, I have friends who were on other Netflix shows that were produced by a different company, and then they also went on Perfect Match and they said that it was a much worse experience. So it it it's like part of the production company, and it's also part of like, Okay, these people have been on shows like for multiple like multiple different Netflix shows, or you know, we want them to stick around. And so I think, like, you know, if you're on like a one season dating show, you're just gonna be tossed to the side after that, unless you're someone that they're gonna want to you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, So what do you what changes do you think need to be made immediately?
Speaker 3: I think like mental support on set in general, I think that that's really important. I think more consistent food and water would be nice. I know there was like two days that Nick and I like went without it.
Speaker 2: I think food is bananas to me. The water I just to drink it out of the tap.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, screw it.
Speaker 3: We didn't have a tap?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, So on set everything was fake. So the the sink wasn't actually a sink.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, didn't you have a sink in your hotel room?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we were filming, so like, that's another thing when it comes to lack of sleep. So we would have to be in like the car to go to set at six am. We would be done filming at three am. It's about an hour drive from the hotel to the set. We're on set almost all day. We're not sleeping because you to get ready for the next day. And people are like, oh, well, why don't you wear makeup when you're doing interviews. Obviously you have to wear the same exact hair, same exact makeup, same dress every day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, even though you don't have it's not all happen in one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you don't have time to sleep. I was drinking. Yeah, I would drink the tap water in the hotel all day, you know. I wasn't worried about that. It was it was in the pods.
Speaker 2: Oh, where you weren't given food and water? Yea, what the heck weren't you like ding ding ding, I'm hungry.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, that's why I said that. When the PA said that, they intercepted it, like I thought that was crazy. And they would bring in at like like maybe we would eat at like ten pm in between day dating and night dating, and they would bring like you know, food over like during those time periods, and then there were just like snacks sometimes, but like in terms of like actual meals, it would be like, you know, you go very a pretty good amount of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean okay, So then I have to be Devil's advocate and push back and ask ask like how much of that is on you? Just like advocate for yourself, Like wait a minute, no, I need a break, because I do know that when I was on set with the Housewives, there would just be days that could go long or longer, very long, especially with the interview days, because like if your look wasn't right and they'd have to like send it in and then like the crew could time out or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then the jay stretched out.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, hello, like I need somebody to call, like some food in or something.
Speaker 3: We did that all the time. I would like Mike, I'd be like, hello, can you bring something? Honestly, though, like, and I talk about this too, Like my Pod experience is way different than my experience post Pods, So I never really talked about food and water until Mexico, Like that was the main time where I felt it. Yeah, so like my the Pod things, like I because I've been speaking about this for a long time, but the Pods was never necessarily like my trigger point. I had a different producer in the Pods than I did in Mexico and all of the future episodes, So I'm not as like triggered by anything in the Pods because I really liked the producer I was working with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So are you afraid of any repercussions happening after coming forward with your story?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So yes, I am waiting every day for an email to come. But they know some of the things that happened illegally with me, specifically behind the scenes with my supervising producer that I could I should have went to the police about. Honestly, I was talking with a lawyer and you feel the police. I'm not gonna say because I am just going to they known't No, I can, but I'm gonna wait because if they come after me, I'm gonna be like, oh really, you want the world to know this, this and this. So I'm like, you know, I'm waiting for an email. But I'm like, oh, man, like they're in a way worse spot if they do that.
Speaker 1: Well in your in your real I was listening to you're afraid of getting fined fifty thousand dollars? What was that all?
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, yeah, so once you sign the contract, there's like a fifty thousand dollars fine if you leave, but you can get the producer's approval. But I mean, obviously if everyone leaves, they're not gonna have a show. So it makes sense, right because they're investing from that. Yeah, and like transparently, I never once heard them threatened that. So when I was when I would ask to leave, it was more so like convincing us to stay and then saying like you're gonna have to pay a Fyg're in, So it's in the back of your head, but it's it. I never actually heard them like threaten anyone.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Nick about basically how he thinks that there needs to be some sort of like more or less lobbyist lobbying group for reality talent, especially since the Writer's Guild went on strike, And he says, like, when the White Writer's Guild goes on strike, there's an uptick in reality shows, which also would you know, theoretically say there's an uptick in like abuse of talent on reality shows. So do you do you agree? Do you think there should be some sort of a union type of idea.
Speaker 3: I think a union, yeah, something along the lines. I mean, honestly, in terms of that stuff, I'm not as educated. I'll be straight up. I think, like one thing that I've found super helpful is just after speaking out about like some of the Love is Blind stuff, I've had so many people reach out to me speaking out about their experiences why be on the Bachelor and married at first sight and so like having a community of people like just kind of even talking together, like, That's what I've found super beneficial. So, I mean, even in something in that kind of sorts.
Speaker 2: Just to like be in solidary with a group that understands it's important for mental health.
Speaker 1: So it's mental health Awareness month May.
Speaker 2: What would you say to somebody who's struggling on a reality show like Love is Blind.
Speaker 3: It's so hard because I'm still struggling and so I don't always take my own advice in terms of like mental health in the real world, you know, like it's I have so much to say in terms of mental health. Yeah, and in terms of reality shows, it's hard. Like if I was speaking to another contestant, you know, it's interesting. I was actually talking to someone who was on Merit at First Sight and she like, uh, had a conversation with me, and she's like, I never, you know, experienced depression or anxiety, but I had my first panic attack during filming, and I became suicidal after filming. And this is before the show aired. And hearing that, you know, and I'm always there like, oh, yeah, Danielle had mental health, that she's going into it whatever and what I did. But there are a lot of people who are like, yeah, like this has completely changed my life in the fact that I now have these thoughts that I never had before. And that's why I think again like getting together and realizing like no matter like what your background is there are certain things that happened behind the scenes, and it's different for everyone based on the ethics of producers that that can really trigger you. And and so that's like why I would just say, like, you know, reach out, Like if you're feeling a certain way after going on an experience, it's like you're probably not the only one who's feeling that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good points.
Speaker 2: Okay, So with everything that you've said to me and everything that Nick said me, you guys seem to agree on everything.
Speaker 1: Literally, like your.
Speaker 2: Experiences match up, your your thoughts, your your reactions, everything matches up. And I've noticed you haven't said one bad word about him. He hasn't said one bad word about you. Actually, when I was interviewing him, he had a lot to say about how they treated you, like he had like emotional reactions to like your poor treatment. And honestly, like, I just feel like there's some sort of bond there between you two that we're not discussing.
Speaker 1: Can you talk to me about that?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that that's probably why we can't still be in the same room. Why I'm gonna start crying, because like you know, it's hard, like we can't like it. You know, our divorce was really really hard because it happened over tess right, and like the fact that the last time I saw him was lallapalooza, Like there's no real closure there. In the way that I acted right after the divorce, I was kind of alluney to him because like not having closure, not being able to have a conversation, just getting divorced publicly without even being able to talk to him, I didn't act the best and so I think that's part of the reason that he probably has a lot more.
Speaker 1: Than he hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but it's also like I think, especially with all this going on, I'm like, god, I just want to talk to him. Yeah, you know, because I see him supporting me.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys both support each other on both ends, and yeah, and you're not speaking. I was going to ask if it's brought you together anymore.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, it's nice that we're standing together, but it hasn't like brought us together. We haven't really like had a conversation, which is hard too, Like I'm like, oh my god, I wish we could just talk about this.
Speaker 2: You know, have you tried to reach out to him at all?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I think that the ball is in his court. I think he knows that I'm kind of like past it. We Actually he had drunk texted me and it kind of sparked like one of the first conversations if he had, and I think he knows it was actually I think it was a couple of months ago. But like when that happened, I was like, I just told him, you know, like I'm I'm in this place if you know, I'm here if you ever need anything. So I think he knows that. I think if he were to ever come to me, but like again, like I'm going to respect his boundaries right now and wait to see until he's ready to like have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there would ever be a world in which you could see yourselves getting back together?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think honestly, Like again, I am going to be incredibly transparent about how I'm mature. I acted right after the divorce in terms of like some of the things I was posting on social media. It's one of my biggest regrets, and I think that it is it was too much to even like if we, like if we wanted to get back together. I still think that there's love there, there's hate there too, but it's just like, how am I going to have his family accept me again? How am I going to have his friends accept me again? It broke my heart the other day, and my sister was like, you know, I really Lissenick as a friend. I'm like, oh, like, Megan, this is last weekend, just because, like I think that that's another thing with like there's all of this talk about the show, right, and the behind the scenes of the show and re talking about it and getting hate and like people not believing you like that, that's tough and it kind of brought me back to a pretty bad place. But also having Nick and eyes names attached to each other again, supporting each other. No one else went through the same experience as we did, right, Like everyone's experience is different, and so it's just like, nah, it brings you back to like the good bad Oh my god, why I went so emotional and that's all you have feelings for him? Yeah, and then not being able to like have that conversation with him. You know, it's just like it's tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there anything like that you wouldn't specifically want to say to him?
Speaker 1: Necessarily if you were able to talk to him.
Speaker 3: I think just like giving ourselves more grace, Like we're having all of these conversations about how reality shows can impact mental health and throughout the entire experience. The main reasons that we were going to say no is because I had told him I had never felt worse in my life and I need to focus on myself before getting married. I have never felt this way. And he was like, we're going to get married, and I'm gonna you know, it's if you get married, it's for better for worse, and like we're going into this like I will be there for you at first step of the way. And that's what's hard. It's like, Okay, we're like having all of these conversations about empathy for the mental health and what the show can do for you, and I'm like, oh my god, I wish that like we could have given each other a little bit more grace for how we were in the relationship at some of the worst times, kind of looking back and thinking about how much it really really really did impact us.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, hindsight's twenty twenty and time he'lls all wound, right, So like, yeah, I and I. But it also sounds like these were really intense experiences that cut really deep. Actually, after I ended my interview with Nick, I said that the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. And he is definitely not apathetic about you. And I literally said that because I was like, does he still love her?
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know, Like I can't figure this out, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's really strong feelings attached to this, and I can promise you it's not a.
Speaker 1: Feeling of apathy.
Speaker 2: And that would be the thing that I think would be like poof done, you'd be gone.
Speaker 1: So I feel like there's a reconcile.
Speaker 3: I I have no idea, you know. Again, like I said, I think he knows where I stand.
Speaker 1: I hold, I don't think he's going to reach out to you, though. I think you're going to have to reach out to him. And it sounds like you screwed up, so maybe you could like lead with an I told.
Speaker 3: Him that, Yeah, No, I I gave him like a sincere apology, you know. I was like, there's nothing I can do to change where I did. And I understand that, you know, but again, like I I'm just going to give him, continue to give him this space. I don't want to know poke him when he's already probably going through some stuff having to relive all this as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can imagine that's been really difficult for you.
Speaker 2: So do you, like, do you think that there's any goals that you have to make sure that this your experiences with the lack of support around mental health doesn't happen to anyone else.
Speaker 3: I think that this is going to make sure that this doesn't do anyone else. Yeah, oh yeah, they're not going to want to go through with this again, like absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Like do you think Love is Blind is going to be canceled?
Speaker 3: No? I don't think it'll be canceled. They've already filmed like so many different seasons they are going They're gonna have to do better, Like the fact that so many people from Married at First Sight that's the same production company, are also coming out now, it's like they're gonna have to change, Like they don't want to have this viral sensation about their treatment come out again.
Speaker 2: What about Vanessa and Nick Lache, the host of Love is Blind? Do you think they're going to remain as hosts or they're going to get the acts.
Speaker 3: They've already filmed like so many of the seasons, so there's really nothing that they can do about it. Like they did back to back to back right after we were in the pods, they brought in season two, so after ten days, Season two, went in after ten days season three, so we were filming at the same time.
Speaker 1: Whoa, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think I don't know if there's five or ten, but yeah, like they're like they're already.
Speaker 1: Filmed five or ten seasons. We've only seen four, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just going back to and like they're the host for all they've already found.
Speaker 1: So wow, this is so interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I mean, thank you so much for sharing all of this and bring it to the forefront. It's I I really do think that this is some sort of epidemic within the love reality shows that we're not seen as much. And I think you're onto something when you say it's because there's not like recurring cast members. Yes, you're new all the time, so they're more disposable, and that they're more like green and they can be treated yes that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even like people that were on the Bachelor and then would return to Bachelor and Paradise would talk about how Bachelor and Paradise was like different than like, so it's like the more you kind of are on it, the more either like you know how to work your way around it or they want you to like keep coming back.
Speaker 2: Totally, totally all right, Danielle. Thank you so much for going coming on. It's so nice to talk to you again. And I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to become this emotional, but I'm really for you, guys. There's something there and I really I want to steal your phone from you. I'm gonna fly to Chicago. I'm gonna steal your phone from you, and I'm gonna make it all better between you two.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like, hey, this is Danielle.
Speaker 3: I got a new number.
Speaker 1: Hey it's Danielle.
Speaker 2: We need to chat things to say and then I'll make us mooth it all over and be like here you go, here's your really good luck.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's on you. Good luck. You can.
Speaker 2: Well keep me posted, keep me updated on on everything. You my numbers, so text me and call me whatever. Well, thanks so much, daniel You're the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you bye.
Speaker 2: That was so interesting talking to her I was not expecting the emotions to come out like that.
Speaker 1: I really do think that these two might still be in love. And when I mentioned it, she got like you saw her, you heard her very emotional. Wow.
Speaker 2: I think we're onto something here now with But with the lobbying thing I was I've been giving this a lot of thought. I don't think are the lobby the union idea. I really don't think that there is a way really to do a good job in organizing reality talent, because the whole idea is that you're trying to get someone. You're trying to just get a spotlight of someone's life, a little snippet or you know, piece of it, and you don't want that life to include a planned idea that they're going to be going into reality television that would like totally be a moot, you know, spotlight.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if it's possible. I mean, I do.
Speaker 2: Think that there's, you know, some sort of something happening here that needs to be looked at, but I don't know what the solution would be. And like I said, my experience on the Housewives was very different and I never felt like this, And I'm also made of steel so, and when you are bringing on reality show people, you really don't want somebody made of steel like me.
Speaker 1: You really want.
Speaker 2: Somebody a little bit more emotional. For Nick and Danielle. Nick, did you hear this. I'm gonna call you. We're gonna have a little chit chat. I think there could be something there you and I think that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I know that forgiveness can set you free.
Speaker 2: And I'm saying that to all of you as much as I'm saying it to myself, because it's a very hard thing to do. Thank you, guys for listening to this episode of Intimate Knowledge.
Speaker 1: I will see you next week because if I know, you know, Okay. Bye.
Speaker 3: Subscribe to Intimate Knowledge on iHeartRadio or wherever you listen to podcasts.