Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all at all.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: Don't give them.
Speaker 5: Black a busy.
Speaker 6: Listening to.
Speaker 4: Show. I don't joy Yah, yeah, Joy, have.
Speaker 6: You got you.
Speaker 4: Turn?
Speaker 6: You gotta turn.
Speaker 7: We got to turn the mouth turn You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn the money up.
Speaker 5: Look, come on, come on, you'll think I sure wi him.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody y'all listening to the voice, Come on, take me now? One and on is Steve Harvey's got a radio show?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Man, one.
Speaker 2: God has been good to me. Man, I can't really count at all. You can't either, you know, it's all in perspective. You really can't count all that God has done for you if you look at every little thing. It's unbelievable the things He's done for us. How many times you know, we got through something without even talking to him about it. He just he just blessed us with it. How many you know? It's just it's so much that the fact that you wake up in the morning, the fact that you still have a place to stay, the fact that you know may be struggling out here, but guess what, you still going to work. You know you live in check to check, but you're making it all. You got all the plates spinning. You know, it's hard. You got a lot of plate spinning, but you keep him up there. Someone every now and there in one break, but he put two more back up there to look a little bit better. And you got to get to spending them so it all works. And then you got a lot of people who just can't seem to mentally put it together as to you know, why their life isn't in a position that they wanted to be. We talk about this oftentimes, but I don't want to try another angle with you today.
Speaker 5: You know, maybe it's you. Have you ever thought about that? Maybe it's you.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's no external force that's at fault, like you keep making the excuse to be You know, so many people out here, Well, if this hadn't ha done this, if he hadn't have done that, if she hadn't have done that, I would have been further along. I wasted all my time, my years with this man, and he did this, and I could have been here, and I could have been there, and this woman she did this to mean if she hadn't have done that, I could have been here and I could have been there.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's you.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's not really that external force that you keep making it out to be. See, I've done this to myself before. Once again, I'm talking to you about something I know about. I've done this to myself before. I've had the reason I wasn't where I wanted to be. I had it figured out as some external force. I had worked it out in my mind. Clearly it wasn't me because of so and so, or if this hadn't happen, and if they hadn't have done this, I would have been.
Speaker 5: Further along up the road. That's what I was saying. But hold on, man, boy learned a valuable lesson.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: See, if you don't ever let it go, it's gonna be hard for you to go. If you don't ever let it go, it's gonna be hard for you you to go. I was listening to Bishop td Jake's one day and I heard him say, you can't drive your car if you gonna keep looking in the rear view mirror. You go outside and try that. Try to drive your car, but keep your eye in the rearview mirror. All you looking at is where you're being all you're looking at in that rear view mirror is where you passed or should have passed, something you should have moved on from. All you're doing is looking in that rear view mirror at what happened back now. If you don't stop looking in the rearview mirror, you're gonna crash your car over and over and over again. All you got to slow it down so bad in order for you to keep looking in that rear view mirror. If you don't learn to let it go, it's gonna be hard for you to go forward because you keep reviewing the past. The past is the past, and I know it's hard.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I watched a show and this lady said, well, I just can't ever forgive them for that, or guess what, guess what God may have already forgiven that person. That person may be extremely remorseful, could have gone to God and got in forgiveness for it years ago. But you you sit here and you keep hanging on to the back. I can't ever forgive that. Then I heard Bishop Jakes come on the show one time and say something that really really struck home.
Speaker 5: You keep drinking the poison, waiting on your enemy to die. He said that.
Speaker 2: I just shook my head and went, wow, you drinking the poison. Waiting on your enemy to die. Revenge is poison to you. You know, if hatred is poison to you. Unforgivingness when you won't forgive a person, that person could be going on with they life made the right with God. Don't know how you feeling. They skipping through life. Now you make adjustments every time you see them. And it takes energy. Man, it takes so much energy to hate. It takes so much energy not to forgive to Now they come in the room. You got to avoid them. Stay over here, Oh here they come. Now you got to make a situation over here. They come into the house, this family reunion. Oh oh, here they come. Or where they gonna be in the basement. I'm going to be on the third floor. I want to go out here and get some barbecue. She out there at the barbecue staying, Oh lord, I don't want a barbecue. I just eat to take a salad. People man, take themselves all out of position, trying to make adjustments, when if you it would simplify your life, if.
Speaker 5: You would let just let it go.
Speaker 2: Maybe you ain't where you need to be because of them, external forces altogether. Maybe you not where you need to because of you, because you won't let it go, you won't move forward. Look at this, ladies. Let's say you've been in a situation with a man for years. It didn't work out. For whatever the reason, it just didn't work out. I got what you say he did. I got what he did, I got he all of that, YadA, YadA YadA. When you get through, did not God get you through it? Did not he allow you to survive it. I got you, got some cuts on you, I got you been a little bit bruised. But did he not get you through it? So, now that he's freed you from it, now he done went on. He got a whole nother family over there somewhere. Now, he trying to make it right because maybe he learned the mistake he made, and now he trying to be a better man. He just trying to get it right now. But you sitting there holding on to it, you drinking the poison, waiting on your enemy to die. So now, instead of you enjoying the blessing of finally being free from a situation that was not healthy for you, you create an even more unhealthy situation in your mind, by hating, by having revengeful thoughts, by hoping he fall on his face. Maybe you even doing something to the other situation to make sure they struggle. Oh man, you drinking the poison, waiting on your enemy to die. Maybe you ain't where you ought to be in life, not because of your external forces, but maybe it is you. If you don't let it go, it's gonna be hard for you to go. You can't keep driving your car looking in the rear view mirror. Come on, man, Forgiveness is not for the other person. Forgiveness is for you.
Speaker 8: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen, Let me have your divided attention. Please.
Speaker 2: The reason I need your attention is because what I'm about to say is critically important information. It is imperative that this morning you start your day off with gratitude. It is imperative today that you say thank you for all he has done. It is critical today that you open up your morning with, Hey, I show appreciate you. I expect great things to happen. If you do that, that gratitude will affect your attitude, which will have a direct correlation to your altitude I'm playing it on Soaring today because I don't know no other way to do it except say thank you, blessed and highly favored.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen. This is how we do it.
Speaker 2: This is Steve Harvey Morning Show, the one and only Shirley Strawberry, the one and only Calling for Real, the newest inductees into the All Black Women In Hall of Famers of Radio who recognized black excellence in the women of radio. Ladies and gentlemen, their cour heart, Mississippi Monica. And this here Junior, brand new home owner. Amen, and he's blessed. He cry a lot now because he can't believe it and he has homeowner issues. We're all trying to walk him through it. Meet Carlor, Shirley, Tommy when he here. But you know, we're trying to walk him through it because it's such a it's just so many mind falls and the things of that nature. Ladies and gentlemen, Steve Harvey, Marty Show. Right now, Yeah, Junior, what's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you this.
Speaker 9: You shouldn't have told me this. You could have told me. You could have told me.
Speaker 10: See, you could have told me not to let your wife fix them in the that you couldn't figure out, because that's all she talked about. Now, because I didn't know how to turn the water on on the dish washing. Hell, I ain't never been under that. How would I know it was a valve he.
Speaker 9: Had to turn on to turn the water on in the dishwashing. Now she on the phone bragging.
Speaker 10: All her friends tell her, I don't even know why I married him because he can't even turn the water on.
Speaker 4: The dish washing.
Speaker 10: Now she said, I would try to run my bath water, but he probably can't turn that on.
Speaker 9: Whole list of stuff.
Speaker 10: She running down on me to everybody because she turned one valve on one valve.
Speaker 1: Now she water expert in here.
Speaker 10: I can't even get no bottle of water after fred she's expert on that.
Speaker 8: You don't know how to do that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I can't even do that.
Speaker 4: See that's what I learned.
Speaker 9: You can't let your wife fix that because she run it by everybody.
Speaker 8: Now you had to have one Oh no, not.
Speaker 2: Really, So just me, I know how to fix most things. I'm not the most text savage person in the world, but I'll tell you how you handle that. You okay, I can't say nothing to her, but you can get a group of your friends and then don't let her overhear this.
Speaker 5: But stay to your friend.
Speaker 2: She and there talking about I can't fix nothing now she gonna do anything herself. But you know, I don't know how she thinks she paid for this. But say that to yourself.
Speaker 11: Don't.
Speaker 1: Can't let nobody hear.
Speaker 2: That, not her, but your boys will relate. I don't know how she ain't we paid for this, he says, I.
Speaker 5: Don't do this that And well, that's a good one.
Speaker 8: Boy, you're good.
Speaker 9: But keep it to yourself, Julf, keep to himself.
Speaker 12: Junior's inn for the nephew to run that prank back right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show. You know, I was thinking about starting a new business.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I thought about maybe a food truck. Then I thought, I don't cook.
Speaker 12: Whether you're starting a new business or growing one, if you want it to be successful, you the most talented people on your team, and that's where zip recruiter comes in. Zip recruiters matching technology finds qualified candidates for a wide range of roles, and you can invite your top choices to apply to your jobs. Let ZipRecruiter fill all your roles with the right candidates. For out of five employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day. Go to ZipRecruiter dot com slash strawberry to try ZipRecruiter for free. That's ZipRecruiter dot com slash s t R A W B E R R Y.
Speaker 8: It is time now to run that prank back with Junior in for the nephew. Junior, what you got, Well, your.
Speaker 10: Nephew's not here today. He did leave a running prank back. Why would you tell somebody you're not graduating? Oh yeah, poud put in all this fill work and now you're gonna You're gonna prank them by walkingcross the stage.
Speaker 1: Let's thee how this turnout?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 9: You not graduating?
Speaker 1: Run it cat?
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach a travlish hamble. This uh, this is my name is Joseph Work open student affairs. How you doing today? I'm good? How are you? I'm good. Listen, you're supposed to be. This is your fifth year here at the university. You're graduating and in the next seven eight days? Am I right? Yes?
Speaker 13: There have you out of this joint.
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, I'm giving you a call. We got a bit of a problem here that we want to try and discuss with you, and maybe we can get you over at Student Affairs and come in and have a meeting with us. But we wanted to bring it to your attention. Now. You took a one of your last subjects was English, uh, and you had an English exam with a You guys are writing an essay. Am I am? I am? I correct about that? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: Okay, it see that we got some problems here that the professor there is actually insinuating that you may have cheated on this, on this essay, that you've actually read what cheated? No, I mean from what from what he's telling us here at Student Affairs is that you may have plagiarized some things that that we're in your essay.
Speaker 15: Dude, No, I didn't. I didn't plagiarize nothing that was in the essay. Everything is documented like it should be. So I don't know what you're talking about, especially cheating on no exam or no paper, nothing like that. You must got be mixed up with somebody else.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, not at all. You're actually mister Travan, correct.
Speaker 15: I mean that's me, But I didn't cheat on no exam, on no.
Speaker 6: Papers for that matter. Okay, well, let me let me try to bring you up to speed here, Travann. What we're gonna need is, we're gonna need you to actually come in and talk to us over here at student affairs so we can try to get this thing rectified. But I will let you know, it's gonna take a few more days longer than graduation. So as of right now, you're actually not gonna be walking and graduating with the rest of the students.
Speaker 13: Due.
Speaker 15: Man, you got me messed up.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 15: I'm not gonna be walking.
Speaker 6: Well until we get this situation rectified here. You're not gonna be graduating with the rest of the students now.
Speaker 15: And I don't know what y'all gotta do, but y'all need to figure it out and find out what the problem is. Man, I ain't a cheat on no exams you're talking about.
Speaker 16: Dude.
Speaker 13: My family is coming down here and you're talking about seen it on an English exam. They'll I look like she's on an.
Speaker 15: Example and I'm getting ready to graduate.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 15: Now, y'all need to fix it, like right now, like today while we're.
Speaker 14: On the phone.
Speaker 17: We can't do that.
Speaker 6: It's a little it's a sensitive subject and like I said, it seems like it's plagiarism. You know, if we can get you to actually come over to student affairs next Wednesday.
Speaker 13: Man, you got me.
Speaker 14: So what do you mean next Wednesday?
Speaker 15: Dude?
Speaker 13: I'm graduating in a few days. Since you're talking about next wednesday. Man, why my professor didn't give me a call?
Speaker 6: Why you calling me sir? This is not something that professors actually take care of. This is a student affairs situation now, and it's a very sensitive situation. And what we want to do is try to get this thing taken care of. And if you if what you're saying is actually true, then you'll probably graduate in AUGUSTA.
Speaker 13: Look at me, I'm telling you right now, this is a you got me August. I'm graduating this semester, be here too long to go through some my last few weeks of school, and you talking about August.
Speaker 6: N't even tell me you hear what you got to say?
Speaker 17: Man, My family is coming down here from.
Speaker 13: Everywhere to see me graduating. Man, I'm the first then to graduate from my family. You're talking about some cheating on the paper?
Speaker 14: A paper, not a paper?
Speaker 13: Can you coming?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 17: Am, I'm gonna work two and.
Speaker 13: Three jobs to see me to this school and now come getting ready to graduate and you're talking about I got to wait until August to graduate.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 13: Hell now, I'm on my way to the office right now. And you can tell whoever the professor is that I'm on my way and he needs to.
Speaker 6: Be there too, Sir. I can really tell you is that we can try and get this thing rectified as early as next Wednesday.
Speaker 13: Man, what's your name again? And where's where is your office?
Speaker 6: I'm in suiting affairs.
Speaker 14: I'm Josh Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 15: So I'm about to get in my car right now and I'm about to come over there and we're gonna.
Speaker 13: Handle live today. And how you singing the meiot checking on the exam or paper?
Speaker 6: Man? Is that, sir? All the things the profession? Man, there's a possibility of plagiarism here?
Speaker 17: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 13: Dude? I've been in five he is, I'm the first love to graduate from comics. Man, Bama is eighty two. He is, Oh that she come in here and see me graduate, and you're telling me some about seen on the paper, and I gotta wait till August to graduates. Man, may you tell the professor to come to your office right now because.
Speaker 17: I'm already in my call.
Speaker 13: Oh, my way to comes from your office, and we're gonna handle this today.
Speaker 6: Say man, you got me, Sir, I don't have any more room on my schedule to actually pull anybody in today. He's gonna call me with like.
Speaker 13: This something you ain't got room on your schedule? Fan Hell now, miss Mitchell, whatever your name is, I'm on my way to your office right now, and I'm gonna tell you I would tell you, and I'm telling you up front it's gonna be a problem that I ain't graduating in a few days. You gonna have to deal with me. You have to deal with my family, my mama. We don't play this think about.
Speaker 6: Us, Sir. I understand. Is there myssibility that maybe you plagiarized and didn't.
Speaker 12: Know that you did that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 13: You mean the paper was officer already new, Sir?
Speaker 5: Can I can?
Speaker 6: I can? I tell you one more thing and then and then I'll ask you.
Speaker 13: You can't tell you a thing you're not ready to call me something. I can't graduate with my class after I didn't been there for five years the technic and setting myself, and you're telling me I can't graduate until August. You ain't got to tell me.
Speaker 6: I do have one more thing I need to tell you, and then I'll let you be on your way. Okay, man, go ahead? Can I tell you what I want to tell you? Now?
Speaker 13: Go ahead?
Speaker 17: I'm telling you this.
Speaker 6: It was nephew Timmy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got prank phone call by your best friend Brian.
Speaker 14: What hello, man, dude, somebody gonna playing jokes like that?
Speaker 17: Dude?
Speaker 13: Maybe you know how hard I get out this five years?
Speaker 6: Five years, man, I'm telling you are the first black Mail and your family to graduate from college. You're doing a big boy man. I know.
Speaker 14: Man, it's been the journey.
Speaker 6: Broo, I can say I got one more than that. Ask you, baby, what is what is the baddest that, I mean, the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 17: It's at Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: I'm so all right me right there, thank you, Junior in for the nephew coming up next?
Speaker 8: It is ask the CLO.
Speaker 12: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news. Genuine falls off the stage during the Lovers and Friends Festival. You guys see that. We'll talk about it, Carl, Yes, Carl huh so, yeah, we'll talk about it. Carla has music news about Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia, all two powerhouse singers, and.
Speaker 8: Judge Steve is back.
Speaker 12: Yes, we've been seeing all the commercials and stuff see Steve. The new season premiere is tonight at nine eighth Central on ABC at Hulu. I'm gonna talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour because right now it is time to ask the c l O.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 12: My niece in Hampton right to my husband is a mama's boy, so when we plan vacations, I have to assume my mother in law will tag along. I want to go on a cruise in July, and my husband said that his mom gets seasick. Should I put my foot down or make other plans?
Speaker 2: M Well, I mean I don't. Sometimes you have to say I want to be with my husband. If the mama gets seasick, she can't go on the cruise. No, yeah, so go on the cruise and maybe mama can't go this year.
Speaker 8: It seems like the husband wants his mom there.
Speaker 5: I know, but he need to pull up though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is the mama's vacation too, you know, I mean, I mean, I mean not thebama'sister, the white's vacation too, right, And she shouldn't have to drag take your mama everywhere, now, you know, kill your mama to this though, vacation. Take your mama to the mall, take your mama to dinner, you took, But your mama can't go on vacation, that's all to it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a tough one, though, because what is she gonna do. She's up against the mama's going his mom.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 8: You married him though, you do this, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think what he's saying is I think he's saying, make other players. Mama gets sea sick. I take an old ass on that half of throwing up.
Speaker 9: Enjoy the crew.
Speaker 2: Now, let me explain to you what you can do. Because I used to get sea sick. I don't get seasick no more. If it's rough out there, I get sea sick, but it just rus. And what you can do is take out there now. Drama mean works, but it show make your ass sleepy though. You could get her on that right there. Just put put two drama mean and a trust and belief. She's going to sleep too drama mean. Put my big ass down, so so she don't get sick, but she's gonna be in the cabin sleep though. I'm gonna tell you right now, I took too drama me. Yeah, Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 5: What now you can't take two? Oh yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, And I'm I always over medicate myself. You take too drama me? Your ass in tu.
Speaker 8: It's moving on to Brittany and Atlantic City.
Speaker 12: Brittany writes, I was a dancer for one year, and I did it to pay off some debt and get my credit score up. My fiance's friends thinks it will be dope for me to show up at my fiancee's bachelor party and give him a surprise lap dance.
Speaker 8: Should I run it by him first?
Speaker 5: Don't do that. Don't do that, Do not do that.
Speaker 2: Now. Now I'm assuming that everybody know you was a dancer. But what you got to do is you got to let that chapter of your life be gone. So don't go down here doing this.
Speaker 12: So wait a minute, let me ask you this, Steve, don't surprise his surprise her fiance at the bachelor party.
Speaker 8: Or don't run it by him first? Which one?
Speaker 2: Do not go down there and surprise No, damn body, don't go along with Tell his friends that's.
Speaker 5: Not what I do anymore. Okay, they will respect you better.
Speaker 2: But if you go down there, it's a test because let me explain some te he ain't gonna be the only one at the bachelor party.
Speaker 5: Now, why you think they want you to do it? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Because they want to see Yep, because they want to see because dudes is dudes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 2: If you go down there, young lady, it's gonna be a mistake. Hey, that's not what I do anymore. I change my life. I love him, and I'm not doing that to my husband. Okay, that's how you get respect. Damn not surprise.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 12: Moving on to Jocelyn and Tacoma, Jocelyn writes, my husband is furious with me because his shoes stink and I put them.
Speaker 8: In the garage.
Speaker 12: His friend came by, and as he stood at the door, we watched him on camera fanning his nose when he spotted the shoes. My husband is embarrassed and blames me. How am I to blame because his shoes are funky?
Speaker 5: How you ain't to blame his feet.
Speaker 2: You ain't to blame. That's why they're outside. Look at your friend proof evidence that they need to be outside. Y'all got to get some powder in some spray. Yeah, you got to get some stuff in there. Doctor shows you damn didn't need to post some mouth wash in them shoes, Doctor trishness, tish whoever the name is mouthwash, I've ever said if you don't dilute that, you're gonna have yourself a problem.
Speaker 8: It's like in your mouth.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that's what it was, So you know, I took a cap like I do, Lister reing. I tooked cap of it.
Speaker 2: Man went okay, cool, switching it right in my mouth. My bottom lip was hanging open for about an hour.
Speaker 1: It's strong, it's power, it is, it really is.
Speaker 8: It should get the job done.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 5: What you're saying, yeah you got it, ain't your fault.
Speaker 8: No, I'm all right.
Speaker 12: Last one cly add and Philly says, I'm seventy four and my husband just turned seventy eight. He has a thing for young women and he sits up all night watching TV and commenting on how shapely the women are.
Speaker 8: Is it normal?
Speaker 12: Or does he want to play the field after being married to me for thirty five years?
Speaker 5: He's seventy eight. How far in the field can he go? First roll?
Speaker 2: He go right outside that bard though he been in for thirty four years. He can look at the field. But he's seventy eight, Yeah, he comment noted, so what he can't do a damn thing about it.
Speaker 5: He's seventy eight, and beside, who won't him?
Speaker 4: But what is he?
Speaker 8: Lady though?
Speaker 9: Steve?
Speaker 5: What good? Good? Good? Look at hill.
Speaker 2: Good, look at him? Hoot on that thing now, girl, look at them? But don's like that no more?
Speaker 5: Girl, Look at that.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 5: That looks like the whole ponderosa.
Speaker 2: Right there, right down, right down. Boy, that's the slaying But breaking right there, you all right, honey, break right there.
Speaker 12: Honey, you clo coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news.
Speaker 8: For you right after this.
Speaker 5: The whole p.
Speaker 8: You're listening Morning Show. Well, Judge Steve.
Speaker 12: Steve is back for season two, premiering tonight on ABC and on Hulu.
Speaker 8: We all love the show.
Speaker 12: Judge Steve, of course, sits on the bench and listens to real cases from people with beef or disagreements with family, neighbors.
Speaker 8: Co workers, and friends.
Speaker 5: What time is it coming on?
Speaker 8: Shure, It's coming on at nine, eighth Central, two night, baby night.
Speaker 5: I don't ask you for much, but I need y'all tune in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely, hear what.
Speaker 5: I need y'all to go on Hulu. Why are you watching it?
Speaker 4: And just go on Hulu.
Speaker 5: And sign in?
Speaker 8: Okay, go to Hulu.
Speaker 2: Tonight at nine, sign in and cut your TV on at nine eight Central time, eight Central.
Speaker 5: You the missed it? Eight Central? Be there? Please help your boy promo.
Speaker 8: You're singing, you're drinking. I saw you drink in your hand.
Speaker 2: Oh hell, so many cases, some of these cases I'll be going, what DoD y'all live here for?
Speaker 8: Did you have fun taping this season?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: Looks like, yeah, man, it's just a it's just a good Oh it's probably my favorite show right now.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 10: You know, you're very different, you know, You're very different on this show than you is fan a few It's a really different Steve On.
Speaker 5: Yeah you really?
Speaker 4: You really?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like it's like sitting with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'm not really here. I've never studied the laws, so I don't even the law.
Speaker 12: Someone just asked me that again. It's Steven Judge, a real judge. It is like the court of common sense.
Speaker 5: Why people are questioning me? Listen to me?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Good, damn well, I ain't been to no law school. I got a high school.
Speaker 2: Diplobal this yet, what qualified Donald Trump to be president? All he got is some real estate as some women there you go, and president of the United States.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Here's a tease from an upcoming case. This is from the new season, of course. It's about a woman suing her brother in law.
Speaker 8: Just take a listen.
Speaker 5: So let's get started.
Speaker 9: I'm seeing my brother in.
Speaker 18: Law, Frank, for ten thousand dollars five thousand for lottery winnings if we suld have won, and another five thousand for keeping his work.
Speaker 15: I don't know them money, I don't know them. An apology, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't use that language in this court.
Speaker 3: He said, I don't owe them money, an apology or sugar honey.
Speaker 1: I said, you move too, and.
Speaker 2: Then I said you can't use that language in this court. You didn't get that part. No see, oh no, no, no, you can't start cussing in me too. Oh we cussing up?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: All right, So once again, Judge Steve premieres tonight at nine eighth Central on ABC and Hulu.
Speaker 8: Steve Harvey Nation.
Speaker 1: You have your assignments.
Speaker 8: Let's get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's get it mid eastern, eighth Central.
Speaker 8: That's right, Please go on Hulu.
Speaker 5: All that count. Okay, help you go out tonight, y'all.
Speaker 2: Set your recorders. That's how people watch TV. Just go on, set your recorders and your TV on and go get it on Hulu.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, all right, we'll be there for you as always.
Speaker 12: And other entertainment news, there's been a lot of drama surrounding the Lovers and Friends Festival this past weekend in Vegas. Yesterday we told you all about the usher and Chris Brown alleged alter k that happened at a Chris Brown birthday party at a skating rink that's where it took place. Then we heard that Chris was possibly involved in another altercation backstage at the festival. Well, anyway, the Lovers and Friends Festival had a nice lineup with Missy Ellie at fifty cent Mariah Carey Nellie to Brett Pregnant and all. Did you see your outfit with the belly out? Yes, boys to Men were there and Genuine. And speaking of Genuine, he was performing his hit song in those Genes and he attempted to jump from the main stage to a smaller platform in front. Well, unfortunately Genuine didn't land quite right and started to slip down into the space between the stage and the platform. Then he tried to keep himself up, nearly pulling the American sign language interpreter down with him. Yes, Genuine further poked fun at himself by singing part of Donnie McClurkin's song We Fall Down. So, I mean, wow, that was something to see. I'm glad he didn't get hurt or anything, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Genuine got to stop all that damn jumping.
Speaker 10: He's such a good dancer jumping from the platform on the platform.
Speaker 5: No he ain't not no motion, Yeah, I know he's.
Speaker 2: You gotta stop all that jumping. Yeah, and what did you grabbing the sign language. Guy, you don't be riding a pony, you know, damn you can't jump no more. You can't ride no more. And I like genuine too.
Speaker 5: I saw him. I watched that tape. I saw the bottom of his shoe. I said his ass on the float.
Speaker 8: Now, have you guys ever fallen?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 8: You fell before? Look at a time.
Speaker 2: Stage before you are, Oh yeah, yeah, fell not off? Oh no, I only want us to fill off.
Speaker 5: Ain't here?
Speaker 12: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll talk about parenting as we count down to Mother's Day this Sunday.
Speaker 8: Right after this you're listening morning show.
Speaker 12: Well, Mother's Day is this Sunday. And you know, we often reminisce about a childhood, our childhood on this show because parenting these days is just not the same as it was when we grow up. It's completely different now. So here's a question for you, Steven Juior. What are some of the funny stories about your mom? You and your mom when you got in trouble as a kid. Junior, I'm oh, my mom.
Speaker 10: My mama was active. You know, my mom only twenty years older than me. So my mom she had too much energy because she was one of the best ass whoopers I've ever met.
Speaker 9: She was really great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was great at it.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you, I used to hate getting in trouble. See, I never got beat for the same thing twice. I had to come up with something new.
Speaker 13: See.
Speaker 10: I remember one time I broke a window in the house. Uh huh, and my mama heard the window break. Yeah, she heard the window break. And I can hear on the phone and she was coming in the room.
Speaker 9: She be saying, let me call you back. I'm about to go to jail cause I finish kill him.
Speaker 1: And that's when I knew.
Speaker 5: I said, I know, I'm finna die, and she tried to.
Speaker 8: She tried to, but you know you weren't supposed to do that, Junior.
Speaker 9: Well you know I got the first down, but I broke that window too.
Speaker 1: She broke right off in.
Speaker 5: There, she did.
Speaker 8: We're glad you lived see another day. I love you, mam, and I love your family. See, if I know you have a ton of story.
Speaker 5: Just give me the age you want. Pick a age, and I'll tell you I've had that experience.
Speaker 18: Level head.
Speaker 11: What was.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 8: Whatever happened?
Speaker 2: I was outside and it was Sunday morning. We was going to church. My mama had went down there and got in the car. I didn't know my mama was in the car. So I'm down there doing the imitation of my father, about to drive my mama to church. Now I got my little church suit on and everything. I snatched the dope and now I said, now I got to drive her ass down in this g D church like I ain't got sugar honey.
Speaker 1: Iced tea else to do.
Speaker 5: And then I set out in the car and looked over and realized that she was sitting in here.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 5: Hey, I was just imitating my daddy.
Speaker 2: You got get out here, Edi Khan, take a asst church like I ain't got sugar honey, iced tea hills to do.
Speaker 5: But the door open. I sat down and looked at her and just stark.
Speaker 1: Crime coming up.
Speaker 8: At thirty four minutes after the hour, we'll talk to the Duke of.
Speaker 12: Ottingham, the Earl of Ottingham. We'll talk about the coronation that happened this past weekend.
Speaker 8: Right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Hard Morning Show. Earl of Ottingham is here. We weren't able to make it. Of course, we weren't invited to King Charles the third Coronation.
Speaker 5: God, God, God, God, God.
Speaker 7: Here I am.
Speaker 2: I on the hair rowand morning Morning, the Palace, the Carnated Palace. Of course it's quite different now cost Oh my god, we're approaching a new hour. Hair in the buckinghou Ballace. That was going to be quite different.
Speaker 4: Now I was there.
Speaker 5: Of course, no one saw me. I learned this all the way. I got learn something King Charles doesn't even know to this day that I work out.
Speaker 8: How get away with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm staying completely out of the way. I'm almost sudden he's going to get rid of me. Oh okay, you why Look Look King Charles doesn't careful black people. Oh my god, Oh my god, he's horrible. He's horrible. She didn't go A man doesn't have sound judgment, right, Look at that wonderful woman he was married to, Prince Diana.
Speaker 5: Now look at what he's got. Now, who made that decision?
Speaker 7: That's what.
Speaker 5: I know the hell well. And because I'm doing this morning show over him, I broke. That's what's gone. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: When you put a crowd hold a woman and she still don't look like a queen one mark? Can I say as I was thinking they are going, I was gonna. I've been speaking with pink ball all over England and that's you know, it's fifty to fifty because you know, white people they don't care, you know, it's not affecting them the same soul. But of course fifty to fifty. There's there's quite a bit of controversy about this woman. I had any questions you might have about it, I'm clap yeah, it was.
Speaker 8: It was raining a lot over there. How did how did you fare in the weather? And everything else?
Speaker 5: Does bothering me? But if you look at the queen, the queen looked like it was regg.
Speaker 1: I got a question for you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So it was rumored that the king looked at his wife, the Queen, and mouthed to her, this is boring while he was waiting on his son, Prince William and the family.
Speaker 1: He had got there kind of early.
Speaker 13: So was it boring?
Speaker 18: Was the coronation boring?
Speaker 5: Did you think? Was God? They boring?
Speaker 2: We're just sitting around blowing horns and kissing his hand and no one do that.
Speaker 5: It was just hard. Were sitting there with a complete best ray. Oh I thought he was born hell I was born.
Speaker 2: Everyone was born. The queen looked bored. He looked at her, and it wasn't He was referring to her act to the queen, I think he said you boy. She said, well, so are you. And then we were all sitting here. Well that makes all three of us, said, you know, we're all boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 8: Lionel Ritchie performed at a concert, you know, all not.
Speaker 2: Long sitting on the ceiling. Oh he did a wonderful show. When it was over, he.
Speaker 5: Easy love, all sailing things like that for the prince.
Speaker 2: But afterwards he was down. He came down there where the blacks were and he did brick House. He came into the kitchen where we were, he did zoom brickhouse.
Speaker 5: I was going, oh my god, this is the line all I love. I don't know what he was saying out there the coronation.
Speaker 4: Fall, what all winning?
Speaker 17: Huh ah?
Speaker 5: She is at brick howes?
Speaker 8: What about just to be close to you or love will find a way? Did he sing those?
Speaker 2: Oh he's saying that one too. It's quite charming, Quite a charming man, right.
Speaker 17: Don't.
Speaker 12: All right, We'll be back with Junior in for the nephew and today's prank phone call right after this you're listening Hard Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is the bathroom in the basement.
Speaker 8: Wait till you guys hear this letter. This one is crazy. We'll get into that.
Speaker 12: We'll get into that in just a little bit, because right now Junior is in for the nephew with today this prank phone called Junior.
Speaker 8: It's on you.
Speaker 5: M sure.
Speaker 10: I don't know what to say about these pranks because these titles, because it's just like Tommy just don't care. He's pranking everybody. It don't matter because this is another crazy one. I know this is gonna be crazy. Well, you can't call no man with this type of information. I didn't think it's gonna go good. It's not the title of today's prank is you've been seeing my wife?
Speaker 9: See I see right there right there.
Speaker 1: You've been seeing my wife too much. He played way too much.
Speaker 9: See this is gonna this is gonna lead to some abuse.
Speaker 5: In a minute.
Speaker 1: Let's go get you've been seeing my wife?
Speaker 11: You get your butt over that set down. When I get to talking to him.
Speaker 18: Then I'm gonna deal with you. Let your butt down for Trason right now. Hello, who is this?
Speaker 11: I'm looking for Tate Miller. Who is Kate Miller? Let me tell you something, man, this.
Speaker 18: Already.
Speaker 5: No, I've been finding out.
Speaker 11: For people that you've been coming by my house when I'm gone, and you've been over here with my wife for Trace. So let's get it all out here in the open. I'm looking for you, you hear me.
Speaker 17: Hey, man, I don't even know who you are.
Speaker 18: Man, let y'all butt down for Trace. Shut it down, Kay Miller.
Speaker 11: When I find out where you're at, when I get my hands on your it's gonna be over with.
Speaker 17: Go hold up now, I am Kay Miller. But you ain't gonna do to me.
Speaker 18: Oh, it's that you can kill us.
Speaker 17: Don't here like somebody you know is your girl and you know you can't handle it. And I don't appreciate no lightweight cupcake calling me. Excuse me of doing something I ain't done yet.
Speaker 11: You and I will do it if you look gonna start this here today, Dog.
Speaker 5: I ain't got enough in me.
Speaker 18: Right now to hold this pressure.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 11: I'm looking for your So when I find you dog, this ain't gonna be good between me and you now.
Speaker 17: You donne got enough because you ain't your girl, right, that's why you calling me accusing me. You know I might love for them because sound like you ain't doing what you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 11: Hey, don don't say here and say nothing stupid to me like this, hell dog, matter of fact, we can just meet right now. Get all this old shit your butt, damn for trace, don't move till I'm through with it now, mister T. Miller, let me tell you something, man, won't we just meet up and get this over with?
Speaker 18: So we can do that.
Speaker 17: We can go ahead and meet up. And when you meet with me, make sure you put your look down and work the jelly because I got something from you.
Speaker 18: But should I do what?
Speaker 11: Butt?
Speaker 17: Y'all let down and watch your jelly cause I got something from you.
Speaker 18: You ain't gonna talk to me crazy though.
Speaker 17: Hey, man, look here, you know you don't know who the fuck you dealing with. Man, this is Kay Miller, and you got the right phone number. But look here, you can't calm my number as you need to. Kind of great now, I don't know who the fuck you are, but you don't need to.
Speaker 5: Be with me.
Speaker 11: All I'm telling you is I'm looking for you, and the ain't already gave me the description.
Speaker 5: You six to two.
Speaker 11: You drive a black crisis and already know when I see you it ain't gonna.
Speaker 18: Be good between me and you.
Speaker 17: Man John was righting up, Cry you you don't drying no price of three hundred t now I was dying, no Christler, Okay, what you dry?
Speaker 8: Come up?
Speaker 13: Here's mamma kick up.
Speaker 18: You don't drying no price of black three?
Speaker 13: Mother?
Speaker 17: Wow, my brother driver, christ Where your brother at right now?
Speaker 5: That's what I need to know.
Speaker 18: Where?
Speaker 17: How about what my brother? What are you right now? I need to know you know you do right now? You are I'm calling my mouse. I'm just trying to mess with my brothers. I'm founa take get married. You call him here, excuse of hellison, I never ain't been doing nothing.
Speaker 11: So your brother Benna get married. But he's still going over the mind house messing with my shit.
Speaker 18: Y'all yet know what you SUPs to.
Speaker 17: Be doing is ran the pipe he handed right and your mama's get at the light. Look, I ain't got damn for your little nursing ran.
Speaker 18: Now, look, ain't you kay Miller?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Kay Mill for my father Miller?
Speaker 5: Your your brother named Miller. Yeah, what's your name?
Speaker 17: My name is Killer.
Speaker 18: Both of y'all's three millers.
Speaker 11: Yeah okay, but your brother is the one that dried your black three hundred Chrystler. Hold, I'm gonna whoop his as soon as I see him.
Speaker 4: What time?
Speaker 16: You ain't gonna do a thing in my brother, because like I told you out of there, you're a lightweight cupcake. And then my daughter is he's doing when he's supposed to be doing.
Speaker 17: So you ain't honestly.
Speaker 16: Laying a type right, and I don't appreciate you holler my house fattening me.
Speaker 17: And then Tyler turn runs.
Speaker 18: Yalla, I'm gonna whoop you in your brother if I got you. That don't even make no difference to me.
Speaker 11: That don't make no difference to me how it go down, whether I run in the table Miller, Miller, damn it, Coler Miller, It don't make me no difference. I'm whooping a Miller the sooner.
Speaker 16: Or later a thing I want you to somebody's for right now, You hiding behind the phone.
Speaker 17: Because you weak your week pocket love outside all right now? And Lee had a brother? What your rug with?
Speaker 18: Meet you on the corner of Frank ain't Kelly right now? At the service station?
Speaker 6: Ahead and do that?
Speaker 17: I got out to fight.
Speaker 18: I'm through here.
Speaker 17: All this you talking about? All I want to know is how long it's.
Speaker 18: Gonna take for you to get to the service station. That's all I want to know from you.
Speaker 11: All I want to know is how long it's gonna take for you to get to the service station.
Speaker 18: I don't frighten what he can? How long is that?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 13: With what come on?
Speaker 17: Then, I'm on my ways. I'm ready for you.
Speaker 18: I'm okay, I'm gonna whoop you then with a man.
Speaker 17: I oh your brother not not ConA from right?
Speaker 18: Okay, go let me tell you one more pain before you.
Speaker 17: Tell me that's his nephew.
Speaker 18: Timing from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pray.
Speaker 17: Man, you got just joke. Tell me into a boy took the boys around him.
Speaker 6: I'm a boy.
Speaker 18: Pressure.
Speaker 17: That's I'm putting in some cholesterol medications.
Speaker 5: I ain't feeling good.
Speaker 16: I'm trying to send my front on the phone, and you cain't common for this time of Hey, what kind of is this? And the luckily.
Speaker 5: Oh that's your daddy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh here Ky Miller too.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he came on the same well he was gotcha, you know, you would need to buck with breath coming down there came up.
Speaker 11: Look, what is the baddest radio show in the land, the.
Speaker 17: Same Harms Morning show.
Speaker 10: You've been seeing my wife calling this man talking about this? You've been seeing my wife like that was gonna be a good response.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 10: I don't even know if Nephew know that he is borderline gonna get jumped somewhere.
Speaker 5: I think it's already happened.
Speaker 9: He just ain't told us, you know, because Steve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm gonna tell you why. I think it is what you ever? Yeah, but you know what I think it is.
Speaker 2: I think have you noticed whenever Tommy performed out of time, he can't make it in here the next day?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So what I'm thinking is folks has kept because you know, they know where they're gonna be. Yeah, because he announced it on the radio.
Speaker 8: Okay, I see where you going.
Speaker 2: I think a few times Tommy then came off that stage, and I don't think he been too Yeah, I think he's been jumped on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know this, Yeah, I think several times this happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but Steve, he would have said something to us. Don't you think you.
Speaker 4: Want to?
Speaker 5: He's too embarrassed, do you do you remember when Junior beat him in that race?
Speaker 2: Yeah, years ago, whips bought that whipping off.
Speaker 1: No not, You're right, he don't do that every now and then it pops up in my phone on the time.
Speaker 4: Memories.
Speaker 12: Wow, Okay, Steve, you might be onto something, all right, Get get well soon, Tommy coming up next. Strawberry Letters subject the bathroom in the Basement.
Speaker 8: We'll get into it right after this. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 12: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEHARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours, could be.
Speaker 1: It could be yours. We don't know if it is or not.
Speaker 10: But ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the Strawberry Letter with my good friend, Sharlie Strawberry.
Speaker 12: Thank you, my good friend, Junior. Subject the bathroom in the basement. Dear Stephen Shirley, after four years of marriage, it looks like my husband has lost his mind. He's been feeling himself lately, and I'm so happy for him because he's achieved a lot.
Speaker 8: In his short twenty nine years.
Speaker 12: Buying me a home was high on his list, and we just moved into a three level town home six months ago. Our housewarming party was lit and we had people partying on every floor. Since a party, He's fixed up his bar in the basement and he put it. He put in not one, but two huge TVs side by side. It's a walk basement, so when he has his boys over, they enter and exit down there. Sometimes I don't see him all day on the weekends because he even has a kitchenette down there. My nosy mother came to visit and she wanted to go down to bother my husband, and I.
Speaker 8: Told her to leave him alone.
Speaker 12: I explained to her that I text him if I need something, but I normally don't bother him if he's down there with his friends. She didn't like that, and she said her intuition told her I needed to pop up down there. Turns out my mother's gossipy friend told her that this HAIRSTYLI is named Sandy was bragging about getting drunk as heck at my house. I don't know this woman, and she definitely was not at our housewarming party. Monday, I came home early to let the housekeeper in, and something told me to check the basement out.
Speaker 8: I found a bar of used.
Speaker 12: Dove soaps stuck back in the box and a travel sized pack of feminine whites. I didn't buy those, and I buy all of the toilet trees for this house. I also said I also saw a few strands of hair that looks like someone tried to flush down the toilet. My housekeeper says there's been evidence before that a woman had been in that bathroom. Do I confront my husband or pop up on him one night? Well, ma'am, popping up and confronting him both sound good to me if both of them work, all right? But why are you asking Steve and I this. That's the issue. He's your husband, and it's your house basement at all. It's your house too. Why have you waited so long to find out what's going on. I mean, your mom was right, and the housekeeper confirmed it. I'm just surprised you haven't gone down there before. Now you went days on the weekends without seeing him. I mean, how why, Yes, your husband is all the way wrong, but you never went down there to check on him.
Speaker 8: To see what was what all was going on? Your husband, really he has some nerve.
Speaker 12: I mean, this is bold of him to entertain ladies right in his own home, really bold, really stupid on his part too. And the women they have to know you guys are married and they're at another woman's house. They're risking their lives being there, but they probably know that you never go down there, so you know, hey, we'll just go and hang out or do whatever. They're acting as if you don't exist, and so are you. I just I don't know how you could go all that time and not go see about what's happening down there. I mean, you guys are just living two separate lives. You're upstairs, he's downstairs in his basement. I can't wait to see what happens when you do confront him and or pop up on him and his shenanigans.
Speaker 8: That's when the real truth is going to be told, so let us know what happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, Steve, this letter is stupid. Yeah, this letter is I don't I don't even I don't. I don't understand the arrangement at all. Nothing in this letter makes sense to me. Look, I have a man cave. I've suggested to everybody that a man who goes to work that's married should have an area, a place like I know a god that's got a smaller home, right, And he said, Man, I don't have no whole room.
Speaker 9: I can have a man cave in.
Speaker 2: He said, But we got a den. He said, I like to play my video games on my computer. I said, okay, then make that the restricted area. But in a house, a man has to have something that belongs to him because the rest of the house is gonna be for the woman. But he's got to have something that's his. So he has this elaborate man cave with two big screen TVs in it. He has an interest in the bay entrant. It's in the basement, so but nobody has to come through the house and he down there all weekend with his friends.
Speaker 5: He had work. You let him have that.
Speaker 2: That's y'all's arrangement, the fact that if you want something, you text him so you can communicate with your husband. This is whether the letter starts to lose his stem. The next part, you've never been down.
Speaker 5: There, get it ever.
Speaker 2: In your house, and you obviously are feeling some kind of way about down there because you're asking me, is Shirley whether you should go down there, pop in or confront your husband about it? Why is it confronting? I don't understand that. Why if you go down in that house, is it popping in? I don't I don't stand this. I don't know what to say to you. I'm gonna say the same thing to you when we come back now. I'm gonna use words, so don't nobody email me. I'm gonna use words like stup. I'm gonna probably use a word like I just don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know. This letter don't make no sense to me because everything is so obvious.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I try.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject the bathroom and the basement.
Speaker 8: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Morning show, all right, Come on Steve Let's.
Speaker 12: Recap today's Strawberry Letter. The subject is the bathroom in the basement.
Speaker 2: The bathroom in the basement ain't the problem. It's the damn basement that you feel uncomfortable going to, that you don't want to pop into, that your husband uses as a man came, which is perfectly fine. I think every man should have a place in the house that's uniquely for him. Not saying nobody else can't come there. I got a cigar spot in my house, but Marjorie's welcome there. I can't don't come over here. What I don't even understand this. So now you your mother came over and said she going down there, you said not to. She'd have went down there anyway, because she knows well what he doing down there where you can't go. Now, she'd have found some evidence of a woman being down there, or anyway, the housekeeper found some evidence.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It don't make no sense. I didn't even care when somebody found something that you had.
Speaker 2: The wife did found use feminine product, some haw that ain't yours, and there's some other evidence to let you know a woman has been over there. Now, the housekeeper said that y'all got housekeeper too, y'all twenty nine, y'all deep, she's found stuff before.
Speaker 5: So now you're assuming that this man is.
Speaker 2: Having company, and you want to know from me and Shirley should you pop up down there? Or should you confront him? I don't know how either one of him is a question, right, because to confront him about what? Who?
Speaker 5: In your house? I can't. I just can't do this. So let me state the things that I want to say right quick. This is your house.
Speaker 2: You ain't confronting nobody about nothing, and you ain't popping in it's your house. Next statement, I want to know, is he this stupid? Is this man this stupid? How assured is he that you will never come down there?
Speaker 8: How?
Speaker 2: How is this possible? What have you all said that made him think he can get away with this? And then the last thing I want to say is I've never been that comfortable ever. But you know what you all these letters we get about a woman coming home and a man got another woman in the bed and all like that. I mean, look, man, it's just like if you gonna cheat, there are some rules of decency in your house.
Speaker 5: In your wife's house, in your wife's bed. Dog, how you gonna work that out in your mind?
Speaker 2: It's just about some decency, man, It's about respect, it's about what y'all built, It's about a lot of stuff. But man, look at him. Is he this stupid? And then I have to ask you, are you this stupid? Because it's not about confront dog. I be eating dinner and all of a sudden that stuff would be on the saucer in front of me.
Speaker 15: What is this?
Speaker 2: The hair would be on the saucer, the wrapper from the feminine product beyond the saucer, the back of the ear ring holder would be on the saucer.
Speaker 5: What is this right here?
Speaker 1: The soap box that.
Speaker 5: Does What are you doing?
Speaker 8: Why hasn't she gone down there?
Speaker 5: What did he tell you that makes you text him? Are you scared of him?
Speaker 8: It sounds like it a little bit or something.
Speaker 5: I just don't know how this letter is.
Speaker 2: When you was typing this, you didn't see none of this in it, and then come talking about my nosy mother. I want to go down I don't see him all day on weekends because he even got a kitchen net down there, So you.
Speaker 8: Don't see my husband all day on the weekend.
Speaker 1: What I know and what time they coming in?
Speaker 4: Down there?
Speaker 5: You're going, don't I text him? But I don't bother him. No if he down there with his friend, because I'll be going down there.
Speaker 4: What y'all doing?
Speaker 8: What's going on down here?
Speaker 5: Where you at? Hey? Fellas?
Speaker 8: Y Yeah?
Speaker 1: Something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, baby, you're good. Just came down to give you a kiss. Let you know.
Speaker 2: I'm finn go out shopping, going out with the girls, telling y'all need thing? Everybody enjoying yourself?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 5: Who car blocking the driveway? What I can't call?
Speaker 2: I've asked you not to roll up on the grass, sweetie, all of it? Baby, while I'm gone, Caddy's gone at y'all something.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, go see.
Speaker 12: It's like she's afraid to go down there, like she's afraid of him. She's afraid to go down there.
Speaker 1: I need you to go to the PoCA. Some of these kids, I mean, I want to say.
Speaker 8: I don't. How do you not see your husband all day?
Speaker 5: On the bus coming upstairs? I smell it?
Speaker 8: Yeah right right right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a puzzle. It's a puzzle, y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't need no toilet paper?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 12: Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand coming up forty six minutes after the hour, it's Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening morning show. All right, it is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. Junior.
Speaker 6: What you got?
Speaker 10: Okay, Shirley, But I do have to tell Dallas that the Keres five k Running Fun Walk is happening in June third. Go ahead and register at kirs Hope dot org. Kirs Hope dot org. We'll love to see that June third.
Speaker 9: Working to change the shape of sickle sell.
Speaker 10: That's what we do with all right, Well, you know, man, I know you overseas. Uh but uh hey man, these Knicks, these Nicks and Heat. Hey the Heat the one.
Speaker 9: Last night one on nine to one on one they lead three to one. Is this series over?
Speaker 5: That's a wrap for the Knicks.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: But yeah, Jimmy Butler and a whole team called fire last night, So it's pretty much a rap.
Speaker 4: Pay.
Speaker 9: We'll see what happen on Wednesday?
Speaker 5: Are you yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw Stephen A. Smith's face.
Speaker 10: Oh no, Nick, you need to sit up a Texas check on doing wellness check on Stevin.
Speaker 9: They make right, they need a willness check.
Speaker 5: I can't say nothing.
Speaker 10: Oh, hes gonna be right there with don't worry about he gonna be there.
Speaker 9: Here we go, man, the Lakers.
Speaker 4: The Lakers have.
Speaker 9: Taken a three to one lead over the Warriors.
Speaker 5: What one o one one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 9: The Lake show Man is up three to one over the Warriors.
Speaker 2: But you know, man, Golden State has been champs so many times out of the past few years. Playing at this level requires so much energy. I think this is the year that it may have caught up with them, and all of a sudden, the Lakers are jailing at the right time because they got some support now with Lebron and a d I've been watching Reeves, I've been watching the little boy with the patch in his hair. I've been watching uh Russell, you know, and all them cats. They've just been coming alive. I'm gonna tell you right now, if the Lakers get past these boys right here, oh man, it's gonna be a problem because.
Speaker 9: Then they're gonna have to face the one out of Denver in Phoenix.
Speaker 5: And man, what's that serious?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: They too too?
Speaker 5: Uh? They played the night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they too too. We gonna see.
Speaker 10: Man, this pretty good game. But man, shout out to Brinny James. Let me just tell you all this, this, this, this is why I need to go back to college right now. Brinnie James got over seven million and nil money already at eighteen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, shout out to Brinny James. He got his own money, daddy, he got his own money.
Speaker 5: He seems like a solid, solid young lad.
Speaker 14: So he does.
Speaker 5: Man, they've done some, he does.
Speaker 9: Man, Yeah, these were probably seven men. Go ahead, boy, all right, I am.
Speaker 8: All right, Junior, thank you.
Speaker 12: Coming up at the top of the hour, Steven Man on social media needs some advice, he says, My homies bride wants editorial control of my best man's reception toast.
Speaker 8: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show, So stee, this is from Dominique or Dominic, I should say. On Steve Harvey FM, Dominic writes, I've been asked to be the best man at the wedding of my best friend, but I've since learned that there's a catch. It seems that behind the scenes, my boy's bride to be has been expressing concerns about my sense of humor and is now quote demanding editorial control of my reception toast. To be honest, I don't even know what to say at one of these things and haven't planned anything out. I do my best work when I wing it. That said, it's better. Is it better to just play ball and write something corny or just go for it in the moment?
Speaker 2: What do you think playball to write some corny dog? Don't mess up this girl's wind. Time for you to shine. This ain't your damn moment. You can go to open mic and try all this out you want. They got a place for your foolaghes. And you ain't at your best when you wing it. You ain't even never done a speech like this. Your ass fit to wing what you just said. This ain't what you do. Now you gonna be at your best when you wing it? For what experience do you have at winging it? You're winging it has produced the bride to go what is this fool goes?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he didn't see.
Speaker 5: They've had enough of your winging it.
Speaker 2: Hey man, write something that's legitimate that puts him and her in a good light. Make sure you mention how lucky he is to have found a woman like this, and you hope to one day find the same thing in your life. And man, your boy's so fortunate because and then you can do one joke.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: One man nobody would put up with him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, all right, here's another one, Steve. This from Victoria.
Speaker 5: Yeah he is.
Speaker 8: This is from Victoria on Facebook.
Speaker 12: Victoria says, my boyfriend and I have been together for three years and lived together for the last year. He's a capable person who is successful at his job, but when it comes to our household, he's like a child, and I'm increasingly feeling like I'm his mom. He'll do things around the house when I specifically ask him to do it, over and over again, and he doesn't take any initiative. Having to sit down and have a serious conversation about him doing more around here is going to help me not feel like I'm his mom? So how can I get him to understand this problem without having to treat him like a child.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't help you, mm because you've told us nothing in this letter. I don't even know what you're talking about. You is it household chores?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it fixing up the house. You know, is it participating in the bill payment?
Speaker 5: What are you talking?
Speaker 2: You gave me nothing. I don't have any specifics to even tell you how to address that. I want to help you, but I don't know what to tell you. I think, Yeah, no, that ain't what the letters say.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but she said he'll do things around the house when I specifically ask him to do it over and over again, just to do stuff help her around the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, moto grass whatever.
Speaker 8: Yeah, take the garbage.
Speaker 5: I need specific.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. Just keep my track record going. As Uncle Steve gave out some good advice. That ain't what I've done on huh huh. I want to take the trash out. No, I don't even know where the trash.
Speaker 6: Do you know?
Speaker 5: I've never seen trash can hit. I ain't never seen trash can.
Speaker 1: When you need to throw something away, what's happening?
Speaker 5: Somebody gonna get it? Let me tell you something. Why is I'm throwing someone?
Speaker 8: What is all around here? All these people?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 15: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: When I'm done with it, I set it down somewhere and when I'm coming back and usually gone, I'll be going.
Speaker 4: Whoa this letter?
Speaker 8: This letter is about you right here.
Speaker 9: I ain't never been to a trash can in your house, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Junior.
Speaker 2: I don't know where the trash can is at. I ain't never see anybody putting the trash out.
Speaker 12: In twenty minutes, we'll have more of the steam Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Well, Lee is graduation season and Oprah graduated from historically black Tennessee State University and Back in nineteen eighty six with a degree in Communication and Performing Arts. On May six, twenty twenty three, Oprah returned to give a commencement address at the Nashville based Institution of Higher Education. According to Forbes magazine, Oprah came ready to navigate, ready to motivate graduates to be steadfast and.
Speaker 8: Who they are and in their purpose.
Speaker 12: She exclaimed, quote, do not let the world make an imposter syndrome out of you, referring to the idea that we aren't deserving of our achievements or don't belong. She urged graduates to listen to the small voice they have inside to find the truth about how they should lead their lives. Oprah also said the United States of America may not be united, but with hope. She exclaimed, we are not a finished product.
Speaker 8: So there you go. That was part of her commencement address. Yeah, yep, lady, Oh.
Speaker 1: Any advice for the graduates, Steve.
Speaker 5: See mine?
Speaker 2: I mean that little voice she's talking about. It's more important than people realize. I am an I'm a proponent of your imagination and your dreams. I say, chase them. I don't care what your degree is. In your degree is not gonna make you.
Speaker 5: You made it. It will not make you.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Oprah, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Steve.
Speaker 12: Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round of would you rather? Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show?
Speaker 12: All right, guys, it is time for another round of would you rather? All right, so, would you rather spend a month tent camping in a jungle? Or would you rather spend a month tent camping in a forest? So we're talking about a jungle or tin camping in a forest. Those are your options.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tin camp in that forest.
Speaker 9: Yeah, in the forest.
Speaker 8: Why did you choose? Why not the jungle?
Speaker 5: That too much in that damn jungle. It's too much, too much in that damn jungle.
Speaker 2: Flores, jaga, jungle paws in the snakes, got the colors on them look pretty.
Speaker 5: Charantless. Now I'm gonna get in this forest wild boys and bads. We're dealing with that. But we got some stuff, all right.
Speaker 12: Would you rather explore an abandoned building? Explore an abandoned building, or would you rather ride a roller coaster in the dark?
Speaker 1: I do be roller coaster in the dark.
Speaker 9: I did that Disney It was dark, I say, being building.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be in that damn building.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't be scared. Okay, you don't be.
Speaker 5: Scared, But I ain't gonna be as scared as I am on that day roller coaster.
Speaker 8: But you don't really like roller coasters anyway, Right, I don't.
Speaker 2: Understand fear and fun in the same sentence. It don't make no sense.
Speaker 6: For what.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 12: Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to hear music?
Speaker 5: Like reading?
Speaker 18: Anyway?
Speaker 10: So I ain't really high on that list anyway. I'm struggling now at forty four reading.
Speaker 15: I know that.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I know, I really want to.
Speaker 8: Put that out there. Okay, well, that's fine.
Speaker 10: I still pay my bills I'm good, but I can't hit my jay. I can't hear Jonesy no more. Oh okay, I can't hear no more.
Speaker 2: Work I'll go, y'all wouldn't even know how to deal with music, because I mean, I got I got a hum something.
Speaker 1: All right, life, But I'm reading, I'm doing good.
Speaker 5: I got I got a friend here.
Speaker 4: I just I just hit it.
Speaker 5: Hem you figured this out.
Speaker 8: That's today's rounding. Would you rather?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 8: Coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, we.
Speaker 12: Will close out the show, and it's our last break of the day. Right after this, you're listening morning all right, guys. Here we are our last break of the day. M hm, tommy, anybody heard? I guess he'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 8: You know, we'll just wait and see what we used to do.
Speaker 5: You know, he's ready for love, but he you ready to go to work though.
Speaker 9: All right, you're going to tell you one't coming another.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all know what's happening to y'all.
Speaker 8: But that's what he used to do. Though I thought he had stopped that, still do it?
Speaker 5: Oh, he still do it? He refers back.
Speaker 1: He can't, he has not changed, he can't make it.
Speaker 12: He's doing all right though, I mean, you know, in spite of everything. But we'll just wait and see if he'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 8: We'll wait and see. Okay, if you want to say huh.
Speaker 2: No, let me talk to these graduates. This is not a graduate speech. I would be more elaborate, but I want to remind people of something. As you journey through life, man, you only get one time around. There are no doovers. You may do something twice, but it's not a do over. You just in a new space and a new time doing something at a different way. Like if you flunk out of college and then you go back to college later on, that's not a do over.
Speaker 5: You don't get that time back. It's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There all no doovers in life is move on, correct your mistakes and learn from them, and that's how you roll. But if I was a young person coming out of college, if I would have really understood it when I flunked out of college, but if I really understood it, I would.
Speaker 5: Have never went.
Speaker 2: But I needed that experience because college did teach me many things. First of all, it gave me some friendships that I've had folk forty nine years now. From nineteen seventy four to here has been forty nine years. I've got some friends, man, that i'll be with later this month, God will it. And we've been friends for forty nine years. One of my friends that will come too of them. As a matter of fact, we've been friends sixty two years. So college for me was not a waste. I gained some friendships in that place, man, But the most the best thing about college for me was I learned the system. So I came from an all black junior high, all black high school, all black elementary, and to go to school with whites was what I needed because I needed to learn the inside way of how they thought. I was very familiar with them because they were all over your TVs and everything, but I knew who they were. But I really had to get up close to them to really really understand. And what I learned was life changing for me because I really understood how deep seated racism was and I got a real up close glimpse of what racism looks like in person, and it taught me how to cope with it and deal with it even better.
Speaker 5: And I'm still coping and dealing with it.
Speaker 2: But so I can't say college was a wasted experience because it gave me so much valuable information. You know what they say, failure is a wonderful teacher. It's a wonderful teacher. But if I would have come out of college with the new as I've watched many of my friends do that, chase that degree instead of chasing their dreams, I'm awful glad that I chase my dreams. Now, your dream may be to be a doctor, a lawyer, or a teacher or a nurse, and that's absolutely one hundred percent fine. I'm just talking about my dream, because my dream I'm living in, and I'm not talking about the dream of being a star for you. I'm just talking about following your dreams, whatever that is. Like I said, if that's to be a fireman, go be a fireman man. If your dream is to be a business owner, go do that. If your dream is to own a daycare, by all means, go do that. If your dream is to become a nurse practitioner, go do that. Whatever your dream is, chase it because you ain't gonna be happy watching it go by. Bishop Jake said one time, I would hate to die and never do the thing I was born to do. Young people, chase your dreams. There's a song that was on America's Got Talent One time. This girl had a line in the song that says, don't quit your daydreams your life that you're making. Don't quit your daydream. It's your life that you're making. And so many people think, man, that it's such a dangerous thing. Don't quit your day job. You hear people say that all the time. Hey, don't quit your day job. Mess around with that little thing you got on at night. But if that thing you do at night is your dream, like that girl said in that song, don't quit your daydream. It's your life that you're making. That's my suggestion to college graduates because a lot of people don't understand what a degree is. People think that a degree makes you it. Don't you make the degree. The degree is nothing until your it. The degree is nothing. You got to put the hours in, you got to go to class, you got to get the right grades. Then they give you a degree and then you hang it on the wall. It's just a piece of paper. Man, Your degree don't make you. You make the degree so don't quit your daydream because you show life that you make it and that's real. Y'all have a great day. Man, Hey, y'all talk to God. He would absolutely love to hear from you.
Speaker 5: Peace for all.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvey Contests No purchase necessary, void where prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com listening Hardy Morning Show