Speaker 1: But of course, of course you have come through the internet in order to find medways here waiting for you. Now come close, put your ear next to me, and lisen, let me do all of the work.
Speaker 2: Ah, you sit back and laugh. I know Alexis just celebrated her birthday the other night, and I do want to hear more about how that went in which friends couch she puked on. But on this same exact day, Jose had an on field experience to watch a professional soccer match. We only have time to cover one. I happened all the time, but Jose posting video of himself on some field only happens like once a month. So take away Alexis's birthday time. It goes straight to him.
Speaker 3: Whatever you're lost, regret this, remember any of it.
Speaker 2: Because I want to feel what you felt. Tell me the sights and the sounds and the smells of being so close to professional male athletes.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, on the field, you literally can smell the artificial turf.
Speaker 5: It is to say the men's sweat. I mean all of the hotness of the sports players, soccer players, they really they are the cream of the crust.
Speaker 6: And there was a couple of people that threw the ball in right by me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Normally, when you like heckle people from the stands, it's different.
Speaker 6: But when they can hear you, it's waving.
Speaker 3: And he felt bad.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you're ugly.
Speaker 2: I'd bring up any of the restraining orders that they have against you.
Speaker 6: No, No, one of my good friends did wave back. Who plays on the team.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, Dan, it's me friends.
Speaker 6: He could have been waving as somebody else, but I.
Speaker 5: Think it was I got to say, you do have mascot energy.
Speaker 6: And I met the mascot.
Speaker 4: He came right under the field energy this morning.
Speaker 3: Anything I would be a great mascot.
Speaker 6: I would just get tired and hot in the suit.
Speaker 5: I would be like, you'd be a whiny mascot.
Speaker 2: And God forced the fans to leave because they get sick of you.
Speaker 3: You can't do back. He can't sit down really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all though time, it sounded like you had a pretty good time. My guess is, yeah, your dad liked that. Even though he wasn't there, you loved it.
Speaker 6: We were texting the whole time.
Speaker 5: I like how you were on the phone the whole time.
Speaker 6: I wish my dad could have been there.
Speaker 7: I thought of him.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Sorry, Alexis, were out of time.
Speaker 8: For you.
Speaker 2: Want to get you back next year around your birthday. Maybe go to like a rec league basketball game and gets on the court there, But I'm right behind the roop. Yeah. So now we have to get into the shot color question.
Speaker 8: Of the day.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm courtsac for this too, and I am one hundred percent not gonna mail this in at all today, Jake, Okay, you can count on me to give it all. Let's get to that question. What do we got well?
Speaker 9: Yesterday? For the first time in years, we actually received some positive listener feedback about the show.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Did they text the right show?
Speaker 9: We ditched the singing punishment for the shot collar question and instead replaced it with reading random obituary that they said it was the happiest on air moment since Brooke announced she won her lawsuit against the local children's museum. That dumb swing set won't block review in the Bay anymore, So we're gonna stick with what worked yesterday, where the losing team reads a random obituary I found online for another uplifting edition of Cap or No Cap. We're gonna start with Gellexis, the creator of the Reese's Peanut. Buttercup was a man named Buttercup Johnson cap or no cap?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Oh well okay. My first reaction is no way.
Speaker 4: But then I think Snickers is literally named after a horse named Snickers. Some of these are actually named like after something like word for word is.
Speaker 3: One of my best friends is nicknamed Buttercup.
Speaker 5: Really, I have never asked him how he got it because I don't think I want to know, because I know Perpuff Girls too.
Speaker 4: It's just too silly. I don't think it's right. I think it's cap.
Speaker 3: Okay, awesome, cap too.
Speaker 2: They said Cap, and that is cap.
Speaker 9: The man's name was Harry Reese.
Speaker 3: That is a family I should have married in too.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 9: Over to Brook and Jeffrey. Before becoming a famous author, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, was in charge of London's gigantic Lost and Found stash cap Horn.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is where he got his inspiration for all of his amazing stories.
Speaker 3: I was taken for his disguises. Oh you know.
Speaker 5: The Sherlock Holmes hat is so famous. Maybe it was just a Loston found item.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking he's going through and he's like, oh, now I can do Sherlock Holmes in the case of the missing friendship heartbreak, I love it.
Speaker 3: I want there to be one city wide lost. Like that is so funny to me.
Speaker 2: Let's say it's no CAP.
Speaker 3: I go no capture.
Speaker 2: They said no cap and.
Speaker 9: That is cap.
Speaker 2: Wide is now, Yeah, that's not a thing.
Speaker 9: He was the goalie for the Portsmouth Football Club, which was amateur then, but his professional now now he would be a professional soccer player. It's one nothing, Gelexis.
Speaker 3: I was just on the field for a soccer Yeah, let's keep going.
Speaker 9: Sorry, back to Jelexis in the nineteen thirties, when the original Superman comic was created, one of his superpowers was being able to expand into a giant blimp cap or no might have been indigible at the time. Not sure what terms the.
Speaker 3: Faster than a speeding plane.
Speaker 5: Or a slow bigger than a bloom.
Speaker 10: It's true he does fly and stuff, so they could just maybe could switch into anything that.
Speaker 2: I could he use that superpower for just to show off, I don't know, put some.
Speaker 5: Signs on the blimp advertisement.
Speaker 3: He's got to make money somehow.
Speaker 2: Fly over a race.
Speaker 4: I mean, here's the thing about Superman is he has so many powers.
Speaker 2: You know he has.
Speaker 4: He's super fast, he's super strong, he can fly. But I don't think I've ever heard of him being able to shape shift bloopy boy.
Speaker 3: If it's like blending so people don't know he's.
Speaker 6: Coming, I don't think it's right.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be fun if he was a blimp. So we're gonna say no.
Speaker 9: Cash, all right, Brook and Jeffrey, you're down one. This last question is worth two points. You're either gonna win it or you're gonna lose on this. Over their lifetime, an average British person spends a year of their life hungover cap or no cap.
Speaker 2: Just a year, that's what. Don't they start drinking in like in the womb?
Speaker 5: I honestly don't know if a year is a lot or a little bit? Like is that above average? Is that below average?
Speaker 2: I mean you're hungover for like an entire day after you drink.
Speaker 5: Oh not after thirty five, after thirty five years old, you're hungover for at least three days.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so you think it's more.
Speaker 5: I think it's more. I think that this is cap, just because I think it's more.
Speaker 2: Let's go with the drinking expert in the room, Brook, take it away.
Speaker 9: Yeah cap, they say cap, and this is no cap. Alexis wins an average of an entire year in the life of a British person. So Brook and Jeffrey, you're gonna read the obituary for a woman named Selma Cock.
Speaker 2: Oh, pretty sure it might have coke. It's ko c h.
Speaker 10: That's coke, Okay, Selma Cock Wait Coke, Coke, excel m Coke.
Speaker 5: As store owner who earned a national reputation by helping women find the right bra side.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's amazing, mostly through a discerning glance and never with a tape measure. That Thursday at Masie My Medical Hospital, she was ninety five and a thirty four BT.
Speaker 5: What a talented woman.
Speaker 6: Rest in peace.
Speaker 2: That's your shock collar question of the day. Phone tads coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 11: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, we need to figure out ways to be closer as a group and bond because it helps out with our on air chemistry.
Speaker 5: You you were thinking that usually we invite you to things you're like.
Speaker 2: File go, I would say sorry, I was thinking of good ideas to help us, boss. And I remember in the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, this group of girls all shares one pair of jeans and they take turns wearing them so that they all stay connected and they keep their friendship tight.
Speaker 6: So you saw it, But I've heard of this movie.
Speaker 2: I brought in my lucky pair of underwear. You can go first, you very small underwear. You wear them for three days, and then you pass them to Brook. Don't wash them because that ruins the magic, the chemistry. And again, if they survive after Brook, then they'll pass along to Alexis brook underwear.
Speaker 6: Our underwear is very large.
Speaker 2: But yeah, jose Is first, brook Is second, then Alexis, and then finally I will put them on last and soak up all the goodness of our friendship so that it will feel closer than ever before.
Speaker 3: You're volunteering for that position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you guys want to bond?
Speaker 3: You you too, Just do it you And.
Speaker 2: If you're not into that, I guess we can just connect the old school way and ask each other what's going on in our lives and what's on your minds.
Speaker 8: Do that?
Speaker 2: That sounds easy, it's fun, but we'll.
Speaker 11: Do it, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: If you're driving into work right now and want to make some quick money, just do what I did. I sold my homing pigeon on eBay for the twenty seventh time in a row.
Speaker 3: He's going back to you.
Speaker 2: Easy cash. That's what's on my mind. Let's find out what my host have been thinking about though, Starting with Brooke Brook, what's on your mind.
Speaker 3: We're on a road.
Speaker 5: Trip over the weekend and we pull into a Wendy's right and we're just about to leave, and my husband goes, what wa wait wait wait we know those people, and I'm like what He's like reverse, we gotta.
Speaker 6: Say, hi, I love your husband.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk to people, and yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Just dawned on me. He just keeps trying to make friends.
Speaker 10: Okay, friends everyone.
Speaker 5: We don't need any more new friends. Okay of friends closed.
Speaker 3: That was what I've decided, Okay, dr friends. I am with him on.
Speaker 5: That because I barely have enough energy for the people I love dearly in my life, Like I don't see my best friends and I don't need to add more.
Speaker 3: To the mix.
Speaker 5: Okay, it just stresses me out, and then having to remember more names.
Speaker 3: So we reverse.
Speaker 5: And then there are these two people and I'm like, I don't know them, you.
Speaker 2: Forget.
Speaker 10: We ended up meeting up with them and they were lovely and they're such nice.
Speaker 3: And then I went home and I'm like, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 5: Like I used to be really extroverted, and I'm going the other way. I am becoming introverted and just like a homebody.
Speaker 6: These things.
Speaker 5: If my husband sees you and tries to be your friend, telling him he knows it, tell him that we have too many.
Speaker 4: I was told him, allowed to be friends, run away.
Speaker 2: What's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: I tried sending a meme to my father the other day, and the meme is a small action figure holding a small fish. Because the action figure is next.
Speaker 3: To the fish, fish looks huge. It's like bigger than the scale thing exactly.
Speaker 6: And I said, a fish jau who loves fishing.
Speaker 4: He loves fishing, and so I try to send him simple ones. And the caption literally says, when going fishing, take an action figure or doll with you so your catch looks amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I thought it was self explanatory.
Speaker 2: Okay, why did it looks it looks big and so it's impressive.
Speaker 4: At anchovy right Anyway, I figured he's just gonna laugh, but he's such a literal person. When you text him, I told you guys a lot about this, he replies, quote, there is no way a Simon could ever a girl to big that size.
Speaker 6: And I go, well, Dad, it's a joke.
Speaker 2: Read the caption.
Speaker 6: It's just an action figure holding a tiny fish. That's the whole joke.
Speaker 4: It could be a goldfish and then you put it next to it and it looks huge. I explain all this to Then he responds, is, oh, I get it.
Speaker 6: The fish is actually a trout. How he thinks he got it?
Speaker 2: He's cracking up, and I'm like, no, Dad, just tell him that he got it, you know, I did.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know if anyone else listening has to explain memes of their parents.
Speaker 6: Let me know. Let us know, because we're in the same boat.
Speaker 3: I want to see about all the guys houlding.
Speaker 4: Fish, Well, that's a rainbow trout and he's not caught in that lake.
Speaker 2: What's been on your mind?
Speaker 5: So over the weekend, I turned a year older, but I realized I'm not really acting any older.
Speaker 3: Sixteen. I spent my birthday at the zoo with my friends totally he's sober to Actually.
Speaker 10: We ran out of time there, so we spent forty five minutes trying to play a game who could jump the farthest?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did you guys?
Speaker 5: He all those birthday tables too, where they like Saturday for.
Speaker 3: Someone had a party sign No, and I'm jealous. I was like, I need to book that for next year.
Speaker 5: I had chicken nuggets for dinner at dog Later.
Speaker 3: Also, so you're turning eight in a cookie, I.
Speaker 5: Said, out a cookie too.
Speaker 6: Did you get kicked out because you were drying chalk all over the.
Speaker 3: Ground to close?
Speaker 6: Because I wasn't ready to leave, so I really closed the place down.
Speaker 2: The need to go to bed.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You keep doking getting older, but I want you to know I'm still the same meat. Okay, yeah, exact.
Speaker 3: Exactly. All right, everyone's on your mind.
Speaker 2: They send out mailers from our home station whenever they do contests around here, and I have the latest one right here. Yeah, And I don't know. I just thought, I just thought it's interesting the pictures of us.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a picture that they use all the time.
Speaker 2: I will say I this one's a little different. Brooke has clearly unbuttoned an extra button before the shoot.
Speaker 5: You have not been paying attention. I at least two to three buttons before any shoot.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is my greatest asset in the.
Speaker 2: Show, Brook, Yeah, yeah. I mean Jose looks fine except for the stained blue T shirt with the loose collar around it. Obviously didn't get the email it was photo shoot day.
Speaker 6: It's still a collared shirt.
Speaker 2: Alexis appears to be ten to fifteen years older than she really is. And I don't know if that's the hair or the I makeup, but it reminds me of one of the women on the view. Like George Big called out sick one day, Alexis could fill it.
Speaker 3: Do you think I got a lot of bush on that day?
Speaker 2: Let me see this and then it comes to me and just look at me, Brooke, I'm clearly photoshopped in it, Like look a look at my face photo. He is definitely airbrushed one hundred percent. My ears are normally out wide, but they've cropped them in.
Speaker 3: You think they cropped her hair?
Speaker 5: Actually, do look more airbrush than well, not then a lessis, but than anybody else.
Speaker 2: I have never smiled like that in my entire life.
Speaker 3: That's how you smile.
Speaker 5: That's your fake smile.
Speaker 2: That's a super kind, gentle smile. I won't do that.
Speaker 5: Yours is more aggressive.
Speaker 2: They adjusted my top lip or something, or my gums. It makes me look like I'm sucking in my top lips. Long very disappointed in it. I've never taken a photo like that in my entire life. So what do you make nice?
Speaker 3: You look young and handsome.
Speaker 2: That's not me you to start. Maybe that's my SIMS character version of me. Maybe the listeners could point out all the problems what's wrong with me in the picture when we posted up on the Instagram.
Speaker 5: Because I've lost at least fifteen then yeah, well, these are the photo shoots that they try their best to get me to not show my gums, but it just it doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: I got a gummy smile.
Speaker 2: And fine text it tell us what's been on your mind? It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Whenever we share what's been on our mind. We asked the listeners to text in seventy five nine two, tell us what's been on theirs? Someone wrote in no thoughts, head empty, but.
Speaker 6: You're still texting it.
Speaker 2: I love that, I really do. Actually, you could probably lead a really low brown meditation class. Now take your head empty, no thoughts inside.
Speaker 3: Don't understand that clear in your mind.
Speaker 5: Whenever I asked, like my husband, what do you think about it, it's like nothing, like really like just there's no thoughts. He's like, yeah, no thoughts.
Speaker 2: Another text says, good morning, Alexis. I love it when alcohol is mentioned on the show, especially vodka, because you get all giggly and excited.
Speaker 3: I just started creating it.
Speaker 6: Yes, want to talk to somebod.
Speaker 2: Let's test it out. Sea breeze. You don't know what that is? Okay, vodka? C oh yeah, wow, that's a sea breeze. Who knows what a sea breeze is?
Speaker 3: It's of a Jessice country club.
Speaker 2: You guys aren't allowed to keep your text coming. In seventy five nine too, tell us what you've been thinking.
Speaker 11: About brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I think we all have one person in our life who's just extremely dramatic. Every story they tell is super extra, like when they get to work. They're like, ugh, this is the worst day of my freaking life. Went to the break room to get my triple vanilla almonds soy oatmelt glatte and what do I see? A stupid sign staring me right in the face, screaming at me. Coffee machine is broken for you today? Candice like, what exqueeze me? Why does the universe hate my existence? Right now? It's like nobody wants me to be happy?
Speaker 5: I can't even do you have friends?
Speaker 2: Today? We have two people on the phone who definitely have some very dramatic stories about their lives, but they're not overdoing it. They're one hundred percent true because they're about the nightmare dates they really experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually feel for them.
Speaker 2: Brace yourself for a brand new Battle of the Tender Dates coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 11: One dating app then dares you just swipe right? The question is whose love life is more tragic?
Speaker 2: It's Battle Love the Tender Dates. It's the dating game show that strongly encouraged a Laddin to Scotch guard that magic carpet, but he didn't listen. It's the Battle of the Tender Dates where two of our listeners go head to head to find out whose dating life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, his seductive party trick is d shelling an entire lobster inside of his mouth. WHOA, yeah, that's why the ladies call him him seafood trio Leo.
Speaker 8: Hey, what the guy just an oyster in there?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but hope nobody's allergic to shellfish.
Speaker 2: And in the other corner, he swears he has a sick motorcycle parked just outside. It's just invisible right now. Meet Harley Charlie.
Speaker 12: Hey, hey, how's it going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need to wear a helmet on that bike, Charlie.
Speaker 8: He needed.
Speaker 2: The game works. One contestant is going to start by telling one of their worst dating stories. Then the other will try and counter with the nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds till we declare a winner. We're gonna start things off with you, seafood trio Leo. Let's go all right.
Speaker 8: So I was hooking up with this chick. We're making out when she stopped. She told me that she saw a bald spot on the back of my head.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, how could she see the back of your head when you're making out?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Felt it?
Speaker 2: Then, I don't know, some weird stuff, man, go on.
Speaker 8: She said that meant that i'd be bald by thirty and he doesn't date bald guys. So she left.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, my friend.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry old guys.
Speaker 2: And one day you're gonna be seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't know if it was maybe just an excuse to leave, but ever since I've been buying special hair product.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all right.
Speaker 5: She gave you a complex, but you know you may have thicker hair because of it.
Speaker 2: Charlie, can you count her?
Speaker 12: So we were at the movies right for our first date. Eything going smooth. Her phone accidentity went off. Yeah, the screen lights up and I can see my tender profile like her wallpaper on her phone.
Speaker 2: Your picture.
Speaker 12: Yeah, first date though, let's keep in mind.
Speaker 5: Maybe she just needs it as a reminder what.
Speaker 3: Your name is?
Speaker 2: Quick?
Speaker 8: That was super ugly?
Speaker 2: Yeah all right too, Leo, time to hit back.
Speaker 8: I met this smoke and hot lady who's a spinning instructor, and you know, spin instructors are always smoke shows and she invites me to her class. So I show up as she puts me in the front row, which is intimidating enough as it is. Yeah, and then five minutes in she comes over and sets my bike on the highest resistance and tells me if she sees me turn it down, it's over between hers.
Speaker 2: O man, challenge, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, at what point in the class did you just pass out?
Speaker 8: I'm just standing up, trying to grind on this thing, and I point at the door to distractor and turn it down, and she caught me.
Speaker 3: You're two weeks for her.
Speaker 8: He called me out in front of everyone over the microphone and told me to get out.
Speaker 2: Why does everybody you date like come after you, Charlie. We're back to you got to step it up, man.
Speaker 12: So I was dropping this girl off after the day right thing with move. I'm leaving to go home. She calls me and she asked me to come inside. She says, you know, she's scared to be alone. So I'm like cool. I'm feeling like, you know, this is my chance, belly, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: And you know, cute excuse on her part, Uh huh.
Speaker 12: I go back inside. When I get there, there's a man there whoa what.
Speaker 3: Wait, like her roommate or something.
Speaker 5: Please tell me.
Speaker 12: No, She sneaks and tells me she didn't know he was in there.
Speaker 13: It was her boyfriend.
Speaker 12: He got back home early from his trip.
Speaker 2: Oh what a jerk coming back home early. I hate that guy. Let's get to your third and final round. We need you to really throw down here, gentlemen. So seafood trio leo, what do you got?
Speaker 8: My tender day invited me to go furniture testing testing. I'm thinking she wants to check couches out or something, you know, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to send on them before you buy it. You just never know.
Speaker 8: Maybe a little love seat or something. But no, no, no, no. We get to the store and I found out she meant baby furniture testing because she's eight months pregnant.
Speaker 5: Oh a that she has the energy for me for that.
Speaker 6: But yeah, she's like, I'm so glad you hear my back hurts.
Speaker 8: It gets worse, it gets way worse. She's looking for a crib and asked if I could crawl into one to let her know if the baby would be comfortable.
Speaker 2: How big of a baby is she planning on having or how.
Speaker 3: Small can't ride a bike?
Speaker 5: Small to act like a baby, pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Harley, Jarley was your last chance boy.
Speaker 12: We was in that one of those outdoor restaurants, you know, you sit outside and just relaxed. It was a beautiful day I'm talking about. It was just perfect. She was beautiful, the date was cool, everything was strolling. A bird pooped on my date's heads.
Speaker 2: Sounded good luck.
Speaker 5: Though, Yeah, people just say that to make you feel better.
Speaker 7: What she do?
Speaker 12: So she seemed upset at first, right, and I told her, you know, like we could just we could just leave, you know, and just end it off. But she told me that her therapist encouraged her to start to face adversity, you know, and be tough and deal with things. Okay, okay, So we sat there for another half hour. She tried to eat, but she was crying, not coming at age with the bird poop still on the hey, oh she didn't.
Speaker 2: Clean it all.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: That final blemons, The match is over. This was an intense one. Judges, we gotta score at Alexis.
Speaker 5: I gotta go Leo for crawling into baby Crab.
Speaker 2: We got wonder for Leo Brooke.
Speaker 3: I mean bird poop girl. I feel bad for her, but it's definitely Leo.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Seapoo trio, Leo, You're dating life is messier than a cafetiri. On Sloppy Joe.
Speaker 5: Day, I think he's crying nice to me bullied once again.
Speaker 2: That was battle of the tender dates. We got your phone tap coming up right after this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning today, we call a guy who works for a big department store and he's been there for a long time, over two decades now, wow. And he's in charge of customer service. And now they've told me he's a very very kind, very professional person.
Speaker 3: Wow. So after two decades he still has that huh.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they warned me, you need to give him a question that he's never heard before and doesn't have a clear solution. We tried to stump him. You'll see how he deals with it in your phone tap right now. Another on the twenties.
Speaker 7: She's the barber store of This is John. How can I help you?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 2: My name is Harold. I came in there a few weeks ago and bought a pair of pants in the pants area of the story. I know what to call it.
Speaker 7: Okay, you were in the men's department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, during one of your sales, and I got some pants and they're ruining my life.
Speaker 7: Oka are they're just not fitting correctly?
Speaker 2: No, you don't understand, sir.
Speaker 7: If your pants aren't working out for you, you know, obviously we have a tremendous return policy if you just bring those in with the receipt to assistance.
Speaker 2: You know, John, You're not hearing me, all right. I wear them all the time to work, to the gym, I wear them to bed. What I haven't showered in over two weeks because I haven't taken them off, not even once.
Speaker 7: So it sounds like to me you said that you're you're really in love with these pants and that the fit is exactly what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: And love is not a strong enough word for how I feel.
Speaker 3: For these pants.
Speaker 2: Wow, they have changed how I lived my life forever I will. I vow to die in these pants.
Speaker 7: Well, sir, doesn't sound like you have an issue with our pants. Are just calling to let us know how great they are.
Speaker 2: No, there is an issue, there is. What would that be? The problem is I got them thirty percent off and I would like to pay the full price.
Speaker 7: Sure, how you received a tremendous discount, and as far as price goes, I mean, that's something you should be proud of.
Speaker 2: No, No, I insist please that I pay the full retail price. I refuse to be a cheapo like my father was.
Speaker 7: Sure, I understand your strong feelings about these pants, but payful price is not really necessary.
Speaker 2: No, you don't understand. If you've heard what I said before, I feel like I've taken advantage of the company, and I just the guilt. It's overwhelming. I have to live with this every day, knowing that I didn't pay full price.
Speaker 7: Sure again, the price you paid was was a fair price?
Speaker 2: You realize. Ever since I started wearing these pants, my wife doesn't think I'm such a loser anymore.
Speaker 7: Sure, I do need to ask you quick question here. Yeah, are you okay? Are you feeling all right? I feel anything? Are you on any medications right now?
Speaker 2: I feel amazing because of the pants, but I also feel horrible because of the pants.
Speaker 7: This is a weird situation, Sarah.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. I already know exactly how much extra I need to pay. I still have the receipt framed up in my study. Wow, So just tell me where do I need to send them money to make things right?
Speaker 7: We really don't have a process for that. No, but I think you should just take the savings and come back in and buy something else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you probably like that. I'm going to get a new pair of socks that I love so much. I have them on for the next three years. Now I'm feeling guilty about the law.
Speaker 7: Are in a commissioned business.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're a communist business at all. I love your business.
Speaker 7: That's not what I meant. I'm just trying to assist me.
Speaker 2: All I'm trying to do is honor these clothes and pay what they're worth in full, and maybe do a little prank call while I'm at it. Why won't you let me do those things?
Speaker 8: I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew this was a joke because my real name is jeff from brook and Jeffrey in the morning and this is a phone tap. Man, you're on the radio. Oh my god, I gotta say you were more than helpful in what was ultimately an impossible situation.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what, To be honest, this is the highlight of my day. So thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, really, you should thank your coworker Sadie, because she's the one who set you up. She said it was a little bit slow at the store and she wanted to make you laugh today.
Speaker 7: Well, Sadie owes me lunch now, so again, thank you. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if it makes you feel any better, I'm actually not wearing any pants.
Speaker 7: So if you're not wearing pants, then come on down because we're having a sale right now. But I don't know how you're gonna feel after.
Speaker 6: No, don't put me through the shame.
Speaker 11: Week up. Every morning was food Tap weekday mornings on the Twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how life works. One day you're just a regular guy calling a morning radio show for help with your dating life, okay, and then the next you walk in the red carpet in La with one of the Olsen twins.
Speaker 5: You, dude, they're adult.
Speaker 2: With the adult version of yeah, because because you're a world famous superstar. At least that's the goal for one of our listeners, who says he was vulnerable during his first date and shared his ultimate dream job, and then shortly after that, the entire evening started going downhill. You're gonna understand why when you hear your brand new second date update right after this second date update. Once in a while, we like to ask our listeners to read the Tinder bios of the person that they're interested in, but this time they got ahead of it and just sent it directly to us. Oh okay, because one of our listeners, James, met a woman online with these things written on her profile. It's said love cats and the color purple, the actual color, not the movie.
Speaker 3: The movie's amazing. How did you not love the movie?
Speaker 2: Doesn't see its harsh? Ready to get my heart broken again? She said. I mean, that's not the goal, but it's the likely outcome.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, more than a little very jaded realistic.
Speaker 2: She says, if you let me spend the night, I'll stay in your closet and never leave. That's funny if you read that on a profile. If you let me spend the night, I'll stay in your closet, never leave. How are you swiping? I'm right, just regardless. I didn't think it was left, left or right, just like go straight up on that sweat. James, our listener, read that, and apparently he was immediately hooked.
Speaker 8: So James.
Speaker 2: What does that sentence mean to you? Let me spend the night, I'll stay in your closet and never leave.
Speaker 13: It means there's a possibility I might be getting some action.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, I thought.
Speaker 3: You were just hoping. So when he would hang up your clothes in your closet.
Speaker 2: Closet, you're the type of guy that either ignores red flags or just doesn't see them at all in the first place.
Speaker 13: Run towards them many Yeah, I see a project.
Speaker 2: So what's the name of this project that you met?
Speaker 13: Her name is Whitney.
Speaker 3: Whitney.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you? I mean it sounds just I know you're joking with us, but were you looking for just a hookup or are you looking for something more serious?
Speaker 13: So I think the old me is looking up for the hookup, but the new me, who's like getting older and stuff, I'm thinking more long term.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, so the new you is the one who reached out to her online. Yeah, okay, what did new you say?
Speaker 13: I joked around with her and was like, Hey, I cleaned out my closet for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's funny, yeah for her joke?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, literally literally, I thought it was funny and she laughed, and we just started chatting.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, so did you meet up for a date?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Yeah, we met up at this local bar. She was familiar with it. I go there every now and then.
Speaker 5: So oh wow, So you guys could have been there at the same time. I always think that's so crazy, you know, like you meet a line, but you could have easily.
Speaker 3: Met in person at some point.
Speaker 8: Right, what was it like when you.
Speaker 14: First saw you know, it was happy hour.
Speaker 13: I was like, not feeling cheap, but like she was totally down to drink. She wasn't like snooty about drinking beer, which was awesome.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're like an old frat guy who wanted to challenge her to a contest she's an alcoholic and she's not.
Speaker 13: Yeah, She's like yeah.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you've had a bad running with girls who were kind of snooty about their beers.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know some of them they want their Martiniz with a twist and some nineteen forty two And I'm like, come on, man, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Take a loan now, okay.
Speaker 13: I like, yeah, right, let's just go with the well drinks today.
Speaker 2: See low maintenance you like that exactly?
Speaker 5: Keep it low, Okay, how is your time together?
Speaker 13: You know, we talked about our goals and dreams, and I told her about me wanting to be a Hollywood actor because that's kind of been a dream of mine.
Speaker 5: Oh what are you doing to make that happen?
Speaker 13: Well, I've been taking a lot of classes stuff with casting directors and people like that.
Speaker 5: Was she excited about this real or was it like, oh god, this is a guy who's never gonna have a job.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of judgy broke.
Speaker 5: That's how my parents felt when I went to art school.
Speaker 2: So I'm not like, you know, exactly react.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she's like kind of a realist in a sense where she's like, gave you that me that look when I mentioned that, or I could tell in her eyes or it was like okay, buddy, you know, what are you really going to do with your.
Speaker 2: Life kind of stuff.
Speaker 13: But you know, I'm serious about this and I believe in it.
Speaker 3: So that's cool. That's cool. And you were okay with her reaction? You I didn't.
Speaker 13: I was okay with it because I don't expect anyone to if you tell them you're going to be an actor, that they're going to go, oh yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said what your dream was. Did she ever tell you what her dream job was?
Speaker 13: Well, I know she said something about like she was already an executive chef.
Speaker 3: Oh cool.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she'd be like a vet or something because of her love cats.
Speaker 3: But that's amazing.
Speaker 6: No, it's probably a lot of it.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 13: So she basically was like saying, she's like living her dream already.
Speaker 2: Did you give her the same, like, well, you know it's not all that great, but.
Speaker 6: On restaurant.
Speaker 13: No, I'm trying to be supportive.
Speaker 3: You guys got.
Speaker 5: Into some deep conversation, no doubt.
Speaker 2: How did it end?
Speaker 13: It went well. I mean we had a few more drinks, so, you know, got a little more friendlier. We kind of held hands and just like, oh, shoot, this is like almost first base or something.
Speaker 2: Almost not the body part that I usually get excited about touching. But that's okay.
Speaker 13: But yeah, so she came over to my place and yeah, I was kind of trying to be funny, so I pushed her in the closet and I was like, you're staying here forever, so subtle in Oh no, she didn't remember, and she looked a little frightened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't remember the joke.
Speaker 5: Anytime you say I pushed her, it's never like.
Speaker 3: Let's do that.
Speaker 13: It was a light nudge, you know, but leave after that?
Speaker 14: She stay, She actually left, but it didn't end bad, Like we ended up talking and texting, but she only text me back once.
Speaker 3: So the joke a little too far.
Speaker 6: Well, there was another girl already in your closet and then she's.
Speaker 13: No, no, my closets cleaned out.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: Just like in any Hollywood movie, you have to have that low point in the movie before you can have the comeback at the climax for the climax. Yeah, he takes the class.
Speaker 6: Are we going to be the climax for him?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We're going to try and make the climax happen right here on the second date. Right, all right, we're gonna do it right after this. Hold on, Can you believe we may be talking to the future Tom Hanks right now?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 6: I don't think of that.
Speaker 2: What a career or if he's lucky the future Polly Shore, google that name, the joke will be funny.
Speaker 7: On your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his name is James and his big dream is to move to Hollywood one day to become an actor, and that topic actually came up during his date the other night with Whitney turned out to be good enough to get her back to his place, but not quite good enough to have her stay the entire night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think his timing is off, which may be something that he needs to work on if he wants to be an actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that joke was definitely not received.
Speaker 5: Wealthy you think, yeah.
Speaker 2: You think he has a problem with the timing.
Speaker 3: Well, when he.
Speaker 5: Pushed her into the closet, it wasn't a good look.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hold on because for people just tuning in that might sound a little bit weird, there is some context to it. She had a joke on her dating bio that said, if you let me stay the night, I'll move into your closet forever.
Speaker 5: But she happened to forget that when she got shoved in the class. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of an awkward moment. But we're hoping to get things back on track when we call her right now, So, James, any final thoughts.
Speaker 13: Life's like a box of chocolates.
Speaker 2: You're delivery man to work.
Speaker 5: That's right, That's why you're in the classes expect you to be famous right now.
Speaker 2: All right, you keep practicing those lines and we'll talk to Whitney for you, but we'll call you in when we feel like it's time for you.
Speaker 13: K you got it.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Whitney. Sorry I said weird, because you're actually talking to an entire morning show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. There's a Lexus, there's Brooke, Jose and the star Jeffrey, Big Shooting Star.
Speaker 16: What is this about, I'm Americans.
Speaker 2: Well, this is something called a second date update, and we're trying to pry into your dating life a little bit to ask about a guy you went out with the other day named James.
Speaker 16: Okay, how do you know about that?
Speaker 2: Well, we know because we read the email that James sent us telling us about your date and how you guys met, which may sound weird.
Speaker 5: He's just trying to get help, like he really liked you and wants to see you again.
Speaker 16: Well, if he told you all about our date, I'm assuming he explained what had happened on the date, right.
Speaker 2: Well, here's a snapshot of what happened. He said, you guys met online, you went out to a bar, shared a lot about your personal lives there and then hopes.
Speaker 5: And dreams, and he said it was a really good conversation.
Speaker 2: And then you ended up back over at his place and he did mention making kind of a bad joke or a joke that you didn't quite understand at first about you living in his closet.
Speaker 3: He said he.
Speaker 5: Pushed you in there and that you didn't understand the context that did happen.
Speaker 16: That was weird, But believe it or not, that's not even the reason why like call him back. Oh really, okay, let me start everything. I thought he was charming. Okay, we had a nice time. I mean I wouldn't have gone back to his place if I didn't think that he was charming.
Speaker 2: Well brook Wood, So that does something to just not go back. Just kidding, Okay, the vibes were good before you got back to his place, Yes, and even.
Speaker 16: When we got back to his place, you know, we were flirting and everything. We had other drink and he told you that he wants to be an actor.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we.
Speaker 16: Decided that we wanted to act out a scene from a movie.
Speaker 17: You can download him certain Oh that's funny.
Speaker 2: A great idea for a date night, so qu if you're drunk. He didn't mention any of that to us that you guys read through a script. What did you guys do?
Speaker 16: Yeah, well we signed that forty year old virgin?
Speaker 3: Who did you play?
Speaker 16: I played the main girl part in it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, he played probably Steve.
Speaker 3: The virgin?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, was it funny?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 16: Okay. I don't want to be mean, but he's not good.
Speaker 3: He's not good.
Speaker 5: So he just said at all like he's awful.
Speaker 16: Actually, oh no, not awful, awful.
Speaker 13: Too strong.
Speaker 16: I don't want to say that. I could see it as like a supporting character, but he doesn't have like the main man.
Speaker 2: You know, well, hold on, I'm an extra to be fair, like, not only were the two of you drinking a lot that night, but your job is an executive chef from what we heard, Like, what would you know? Yeah, like what's your expertise in acting?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well do you know about acting?
Speaker 2: Was not gonna go well attitude there that Whitney, that's James. He's been on the other line.
Speaker 16: Sorry, Whitney, he's on the phone right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how them.
Speaker 5: We let him know that he went here's something he doesn't like.
Speaker 2: But you can talk to him.
Speaker 13: James, yew meow.
Speaker 3: That's how you're coming?
Speaker 2: Is Is that a line from the movie that was My Cat, My Cat?
Speaker 13: Remember from the other night you like cats? Never mind the.
Speaker 16: Time you literally set me up on the radio to like hear me talk about you.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 13: No, I'm just I was just needing some help because you weren't responding to my text you text me back one time, so I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 16: Okay, I guess, but like, well then you obviously heard what I said. So there's your answer. Like, I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be rude, but right now I can't support you in your endeavors the way I think you.
Speaker 12: Want me to.
Speaker 13: You don't think I'm a good actor.
Speaker 7: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 13: Because we read a forty year old Virgin script, did you not.
Speaker 2: Believe his performance enough? Like he didn't believe he was really a virgin in that moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe he's just too sexy and that's why he can't pull off virgin. You know, have you ever thought about that, Whitney?
Speaker 16: I mean, it was just kind of the way. Have you guys ever seen Friends, the TV show Friends. Yeah, you know Joey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of.
Speaker 16: Had that vibe, just like I'm trying to fake hard.
Speaker 17: I can't deliver my lines.
Speaker 16: I'm reading them instead of acting them.
Speaker 6: Oh, Joey was such a good actor. He was an actor playing a bad actor.
Speaker 2: I don't think calling him Joey from Friends was as much of a diss as you thought it was.
Speaker 16: I'm not trying to like this, mand I. Like I said, I'm telling you, like I can think you should keep taking your classes, but right now, I think you should stick to those like single person shows on YouTube and see if you get like a light or followers, you know, maybe go from there.
Speaker 8: Look, I've had enough for this.
Speaker 13: I bet you're not even a good chef. You probably burn water.
Speaker 17: Oh actually no, I have plenty of reviews that say otherwise, I'm not fantastic stuff, and I actually have proof that I can prove.
Speaker 16: What are you gonna do? How do you have an Academy awards?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't want to know about all those yellows you paid to give you three stars on your enough flaming.
Speaker 3: This is getting petty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 13: Okay, Yeah, if you like cat hair in your top ramen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 16: A twelve year old like, oh you remember you're glue Like Listen, I explained to you what my thoughts were, and if you can't even sure about it, I don't know what.
Speaker 12: To tell you.
Speaker 3: It's not her fault. She didn't even know you were listening.
Speaker 16: You know, it's not like And honestly, I probably did you a favor, like you're gonna get told no a lot, trust me, So it's probably good that I didn't at first, before you get into this profession so deeply that you're probably never going to make it.
Speaker 11: In No, she.
Speaker 2: Does have a point. My parents told me I was never going to make it as a radio host, and I'm glad that they told me that early so that when this fails, I'm not going to be as devastated. But well, Jeff, not according to my parents.
Speaker 13: Okay, well look, you might not think my acting is good, but I think you're cooking is horrible.
Speaker 5: You've never had cooking instam post.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're just puppy Listen. I mean, she does have a good point.
Speaker 5: You need to have a little bit thicker skin if you're going to try to get into the acting business.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, you're gonna have to have thicker skin if you're gonna want to get into my closet.
Speaker 2: Don't even think we're gonna offer you can just read the vibe in this room.
Speaker 13: No, I want to go on another day with her. I'm gonna I want to reread a different script and I want to prove to you, Whitney, that I'm a good actor.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 5: I would almost want to take him up on.
Speaker 3: That if I Whitney and with a kissing scene, you know, I don't think they're there. It's going to be a fighting scene.
Speaker 13: Mattress, Little Mattress Marathon at the end, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was in.
Speaker 18: That movie, Mattress Marathon.
Speaker 6: It's a short of a movie.
Speaker 3: He's just the weird extra in the back.
Speaker 2: James, I'm gonna see you in Hollywood, buddy. We'll walk the red carpet together. Yeah you are, Jeffrey in the Morning. A few years ago, you might remember, Burger King made national news and grossed out more than a few of their loyal customers by coming out with the black bund Whopper for Halloween. Here's a picture of it. The grossest part. Wasn't that the bun like tasted any different. It's that once the food passed through your system, it turned everything green.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was actually planned.
Speaker 5: Was it like that was just a fun buy the by product if they didn't realize was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm extra worried for their latest promotion. Right around the corner May fifteenth, because the premiere of The New Spider Man. Across the Spider Verse, Burger King is launching a new red whopper. Yes, oh no, red bun.
Speaker 5: We are so excited for this movie and my family, But.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine going to the bathroom and some kids like, mommy, it's red everywhere.
Speaker 5: It's just like beats after eat, beats you after I remind yourself what I have for dinner last night.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I'm not dying.
Speaker 2: It's fine. The movie doesn't officially get released till June second, but the Spiderberger is supposed to help hype it up. It's awesome, Burger King said. Fans of The Web Slinger can also customize their spiders Sundays with ice cream topped with black and red chocolate candies.
Speaker 3: No, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: I got an idea.
Speaker 4: Why don't they do the black top and a red bottom for the burger like Spider Man's black and red blue.
Speaker 5: Or why don't they just cover it in actual spider webs.
Speaker 3: Spider hire you to work there.
Speaker 8: I like.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be available for a little over a month, and then, just like Spider Man, it's gonna be gone.
Speaker 5: I love that the skinniest of all the superheroes is eating burgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be him, wouldn't it.
Speaker 6: I wonder if there's a burger verse.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited for that movie.
Speaker 2: Laser Stories is coming up next time. It's the radio segment that's getting his mom a special edible arrangement for Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Oh happy mom.
Speaker 2: It's filled with fruits and chocolate, and he's pre licked everyone to make sure they're not poisoned. Yeah, mother's Day, Mom, You've got a carrying, very paranoid son.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stories the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other liquor trickers just don't. This first Laser story is out of Nashville. Recently, a man checked into a local hotel and realized his TV wasn't working so well. Okay, so he called the manager, fifty two year old David Neil, who came up to take a look. After ten minutes, David got it working again, left the room and told the man to have a good night. Oh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know why this would be in the news, Jeffy, sounds like a lovely interaction.
Speaker 2: Here's the well. Fast forward to five am. The man from the hotel room ran into David again. Yeah, this time waking up to see David at the foot of his bed sucking on his toes.
Speaker 18: Our boundaries, the guy, said, David, and soon after called police.
Speaker 3: Soon not immediately, He's.
Speaker 6: Like, all right, once you finished the little.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeh, this little piggy.
Speaker 2: He told officers that he recognized David as an employee, and for the record, David denies doing any footstuff. He does admit to entering the room, but he claims he did that because he allegedly smelled smoke and wanted to check on the guests.
Speaker 3: Yeah is this what smoking?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: Not what smell smoker?
Speaker 6: Your feed Oah.
Speaker 2: As believable as that sounds. Yeah, he never reported the smoke smell to security, and no one else at the hotel smelled any smoke either. Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 3: Sketchy and he's just extra sensitive.
Speaker 2: David's being held on twenty seven thousand dollars bond.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Jeffery's book in his hotel room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a month long stay for me?
Speaker 6: Can I request a staff member to be present.
Speaker 2: A local reporter covering the story said, quote, if you go to a fancy hotel SPA, you could spend hundreds getting a decent massage, and if you go to the Hilton in downtown Nashville you can get one for free. We don't want to have a spot, say the stories out of Miami. The recent Grand Prix brought the glitz and glamour of Formula one to Florida, And if you were lucky enough to score a ticket for hundreds to even thousands of dollars, hope you also cracked into your life savings in order to eat lunch.
Speaker 11: What hell? Really?
Speaker 2: I say that because the big story is the food, not the racing event. The menu from the hard Rock Beach Club is the craziest one, and the items there include a two hundred and fifty dollars watermelon and tomatillo salad, Get out of here. Four hundred and fifty dollars. Main lobster rolls, Oh my god, five hundred dollars U five chilled prons show brons?
Speaker 6: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Here at Florida?
Speaker 3: Why are you ordering Maine lobster?
Speaker 5: I get of therons, make a little bit more send.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a regular sized fruit salad would cost two hundred and ninety five dollars, and.
Speaker 3: You know it's all candle open honey dew. Yeah, you know you always get screwed on a fruit salad with those filler fruits like.
Speaker 11: What you yet?
Speaker 2: And nachos for two hundred and seventy five bucks here.
Speaker 3: Please can tell me they're the fake cheese ones too.
Speaker 6: You can bind doritos and craft singles and make our own.
Speaker 2: The drinks are just as wild. A bottle of Tito's vodka was five hundred and sixty dollars.
Speaker 5: No wonder, I only saw pictures of like Tom Cruise and Shakira there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally that would retail for around twenty bucks. So seriously, of course these prices were found in the box seat area that is inaccessible to the poors. Yeah, only the rich people However, prices were just as crazy for the regular person too. A forty two dollars wagyu steak sandwich is going viral on Twitter right now. It's got fire festival vibes because it looked like one slice of deli hand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's no condiments, that's wag you we promise it's Yeah, here's a mustard.
Speaker 2: Back race organizers response, we pride ourselves on delivering the very best food and beverages from the South Florida.
Speaker 5: Reach right, come on, that actually may be the best in the South Florida region.
Speaker 6: And back to Brook, the main lobster not from the South Florida.
Speaker 2: This next Laser stories out of celeb News scoop h give us the tea work on Britney Spears's autobiography.
Speaker 5: Has I've read about this and it is tea.
Speaker 2: The reason why apparently her famous friends are worried about what might be in it.
Speaker 3: Yes, because you want to read them more.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what Britney's all about right now, is like just no, just truth. She is just letting it all out there. She's letting it all out there about her family, and she has taken down anybody who's ever crossed from Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now here's my thing though, do we believe her? Of course, she'sthing.
Speaker 5: Access she has and like that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, continue, Jeffrey. I could go on about this for an hour.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The source says, quote, strongly worded legal letters have been sent to the publishers by people who know Brittany and who fear what she's written. Yes, the source ads quote, Brittany is brutally honest in the book, and so there's a lot of nervous A listers out there.
Speaker 5: I even heard that there's two that she reveals that she had an affair with and that they don't want it out there.
Speaker 3: I don't know who it is.
Speaker 2: I would imagine some of the nervous A listers have to include the last name Spears, and another might have the initials JT on them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, he already knows.
Speaker 3: He's all over that book.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's going to pre apologize regards the last one. Anyone heard the book was supposed to come out in the fall. No word on if that's still going to happen.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, just put it up right now.
Speaker 6: New York Times best Seller.
Speaker 3: We're getting the book Jeffrey Jes.
Speaker 5: You know we're starting a book club just for the Britney autobiography.
Speaker 6: Yeah, text seventy five mint two. You want a part of our Britney brook club.
Speaker 2: This next leg the story is out of cell phone Central. Most people agree this is something you should not do, and yet it turns out most of us have done it. Eighty two percent of adults say they've snooped through someone else's phone before what we've never done it. Women were even more likely to say that they've done it eighty eight percent, compared to just seventy seven percent of men.
Speaker 3: The guys never give me their passwords. I try to, like crack it. It's always their birthday. They're not very good.
Speaker 5: It's either their birthday or their sports jersey from high school.
Speaker 2: General curiosity and suspicion of wrongdoing where the top two reasons people say they snoop, and a lot of those searches are fruitful. Fifty three percent of snoopers say they found something incriminating before they do.
Speaker 6: Say that right, well, like something's going on most of the time.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trust your gut in that one.
Speaker 2: Here's a few more snooping stats. The top two people we've snooped on are significant others in access of course, no surprise there. Nine percent have also looked through their kids' phones.
Speaker 5: Oh, when my kid gets one, when they're twenty two, I'm.
Speaker 3: Totally looking for I wouldn't you mean they're going to be so darky?
Speaker 2: Eight percent of snoop through a friend's phone for parents and siblings, that's seven percent each. And three percent of us have looked through a coworker's device. WHOA, I said, coworker got awfully quiet in the room.
Speaker 6: Might Alexis look through all of our phones.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know what's on, Brooks.
Speaker 6: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I'll teach you to have fun.
Speaker 5: That's over the gallery, Alexis right.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay. The most concerning things that we found are flirtatious texts, proof of cheating, and evidence that they've been lying, just in general. And finally, when we do actually snoop, we usually get away with it. Any One percent of snoopers say that they've never been caught.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: I know this guy has never been busted because he's always on his shell phone.
Speaker 5: Shell phone can put it down.
Speaker 2: Like that means the stories is over to the day. We'll come back do it again the same time on Friday.
Speaker 11: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 15: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to wind Brooks Bucks, where we've got a new player. Aller it's Patrick from Tacoma, otherwise known as Pee Daddy.
Speaker 2: Daddy's on the line. He works in marketing, ladies, but he's currently trying to improve himself by getting his teaching degree in elementary education.
Speaker 3: Teachers.
Speaker 15: Patrick, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, why did I enjoy that so much?
Speaker 5: Jeffrey, I really I was into it just cornball. Yeah, sure's daddy, all right?
Speaker 3: Are you hoping to teach someday?
Speaker 7: I'm probably like third to five.
Speaker 16: I love that.
Speaker 5: I'm my daughter's in third grader right now, and it's so awesome because they're right at that stage where they're becoming really.
Speaker 3: Jrky and they but they have no self awareness. It's the best part.
Speaker 6: Welcome to classners, Reggie.
Speaker 5: That's all right, they're all in classroom now, they won't hear me.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna send the bully out of the room. And while that happens, Patrick, you know the game is played. You got thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, let's showcase that elementary school education. Your time starts now. Irish singer Paul Houston celebrates a birthday today. He's better known by what one name? With average speeds of over seven hundred miles per hour. What's the windiest planet in our solar system?
Speaker 7: Saturn?
Speaker 2: What famous Andrew Lloyd Weber musical ran on Broadway from nineteen eighty two to two thousand. A land ship was the original name for what military vehicle? Say it again?
Speaker 7: Air cracker, air crocker, aircraft carrier.
Speaker 2: All right, good work there, Patrick. We're gonna bring Brooke back into the studio. And I'm guessing you've been listening to our show for a little bit, even if you are a new player. Do you have a favorite segment?
Speaker 7: Second Ate updates so funny?
Speaker 11: Nice? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you single? No's taken?
Speaker 2: He's like pee father.
Speaker 3: Now do you like your significant other?
Speaker 2: That's a good question? Yes, okay, all right, we're giving him.
Speaker 3: To make sure.
Speaker 2: Do you follow us on social media? Patrick?
Speaker 12: I don't.
Speaker 7: I just listen to you guys where I'm at work and on the way, I.
Speaker 2: Am deduct one. But we'll give you a chance to go on and do it right now. We'll give you that point back Brook. It's your turn. You're ready, Yep, your time starts now. Irish singer Paul Houston celebrates a birthday today. He's better known by what one name Bono with average speeds of over seven hundred oles per hour? What is the windiest planet in our solar system?
Speaker 11: Your right? What?
Speaker 2: Famous Andrew Lloyd Weber musical ran on Broadway from nineteen eighty two to two thousand.
Speaker 3: Phantom of the Opera A land ship.
Speaker 2: Was the original name for what military.
Speaker 3: Vehicle aircraft carrier?
Speaker 2: What fast food restaurant is known as my dang laud in China. McDonald's got our answers in. We're gonna go on over to the scoreboard to see how you all.
Speaker 8: Did with I'm not a virgin entirely my choice, that's.
Speaker 6: For sure, but I am a virgin. Patrick, you got zero.
Speaker 3: You're not teaching yet. The kids won't make you yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gets the wind with two?
Speaker 3: A world dumb answer on that land ship sag.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, that was all the way around. Let's go over the answers here. Irish singer Paul Houston celebrates a birthday, but you might know him better as Bono, which speeds over seven hundred miles per hour. The windiest planet in our solar system is Neptune. It was so funny if it was the famous Andrew Lloyd Webber musical that ran on Broadway from nineteen eighty two to two thousand is Cats.
Speaker 6: Oh, Phantom just shut down like this, like, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A landship is not an aircraft carrier. Those would be water ships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good.
Speaker 2: Landship is a tank. That's what they originally called. Okay, And the fast food restaurant known as My Dang Lao in China is McDonald It's somebody same my dangou that actually really good.
Speaker 3: Like it's s o.
Speaker 2: We're here too, So Patrick, we can't give you any money here, but just for playing you do win a food and fund package for the Taste Northwest, which is happening at the Washington State Fairgrounds June thirtieth through July second.
Speaker 5: That's better than the food and non fun package that we were gonna give.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I can use that.
Speaker 2: I went to it last year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it used to be to find some dakoma, but they moved it too pollod.
Speaker 5: Falsely right now, Yeah, they didn't falsely advertise fun in the package.
Speaker 2: Keeping us Northwest pea Daddy approved.
Speaker 8: All right, thank you Daddy, Thank you guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You have a good We're going to be back to do Windbrooks Buck the same time.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow's Like every day I find another reason to love the Washington Potato Commission and Washington potato growers because our potato growers are committed to sustainable farming practices to grow spuds for generations to come. You hear that, kids, You got.
Speaker 3: Spuds for life.
Speaker 5: And it means so much that ninety nine percent of Washington potato farms are family run. These growers are environmentalists at their core, and they want their crops and fields healthy for their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids. You get it, all those little tater tots out there. Farmers rely on cost effective, reliable energy like hydropower for harvesting and processing potatoes. Oh by using GPS trackers while fertilizing and more energy efficient farming equipment they're using less diesel and releasing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Go to potatoes dot com slash farm families to learn more about their sustainable farming practices.