Speaker 1: Good morning in Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne to God, Peace to the planet. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? Yeah, since Wednesday, hun day, middle of the week. Good money is middle of the week.
Speaker 1: And I don't like how this week is going already because it's what Wednesday. Yes, In the last two days, including naps, I've gotten like ten hours of sleep. Uncle, don't like that. Oh, you've been out. Don't like that you've been out about well? Yeah, because you know we're out. Monday night, had dinner and then last night I did a conversation with Bishop TD Jakes. Yes, because he has a new book out called Disruptive Thinking Fantastic.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be joining us this morning, by the way, in us this morning.
Speaker 1: So we had a what we called a disruptive conversation at City College.
Speaker 2: My man d Nights was providing the soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Sold out event, I think like six seven hundred people, and we had a great conversation, but I didn't get home for like nine to thirty. Got me in bed by ten thirty, ten thirty, ten forty five. So then I woke up at four, like I said, only got in like ten hours maybe eleven hours of sleep including naps over the last two days. And I've been keeping my workouts and everything. More of the story, and I'm tired.
Speaker 3: Not right.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, shout to all the parents out there that you know it's baseball season. Oh that too in softball seat parenting, Yes, parenting. Yes, So yesterday I got a I mean it was a layup, man. My kids, both my kids had games yesterday, my nine year old and my eight year old. But it was the fields are right across, right from across from each other, so I can standing in the middle of the field and watch both gamesiful at the same time, and both those games were slow, felt like it took forever, but beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: No, my son lost, my daughter one, yes, but they were happy. So my dad was at the game. Probably not even what it happened. Your daughter probably lost in your son one. Somebody wanted somebody else, somebody. Somebody was pitching.
Speaker 1: So the way you stay congratulations, Yes, you swung goun you caught that boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, good job, right at least you tried, you tried.
Speaker 4: You did your best, that's right, all right, But now daddy got to go home and watch the game because I'm tired. Yes, all right, Well, like we said, Bishop TD Jakes will.
Speaker 2: Be joining us this morning. That's right.
Speaker 1: His book Disruptive Thinking Man, it is a fantastic, fantastic reed.
Speaker 2: And uh, it's always great to have a conversation with the.
Speaker 1: Good Bishop, Bishop the drip Jakes, as I call him, because he'd be clean. But now we call him Bishop the disrupted Jakes. That's right, because he's the ultimate disruptor.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking front page news.
Speaker 2: Testing figure is going to be joining us.
Speaker 4: Of course, we're talking about Donald Trump. All right, Why are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 2: Because none of this is gonna matter. But we'll discuss, all right, we'll get into that next.
Speaker 3: It don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to breakfast Club, gole morning, do that dance.
Speaker 3: Do that dance.
Speaker 2: Stiff hips, stiff hips. Hey, all right, this song was made for people with stiff hipps.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is dropping the clue bomps everybody out there with stiff hicks, man, everybody can't have the w D forty loose hips, all right, Jesus, okay, all right, well, let's get into front page news.
Speaker 2: Good morninging, Teslin, figure out how you feeling.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling well, Good morning, dj MV Charlemagne. That God was good, Homie was ready to go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's start off with some sports.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Last night the seventy Sixes beat the Celtics. They lead the series three to two. I don't think anybody's seen that one. Uh No, I didn't see that game.
Speaker 3: I was out.
Speaker 4: And also, I mean seeing that the seventy six were winning like that, That's what I mean, not actually seeing the game.
Speaker 2: I think the Celtics was going beat them.
Speaker 1: I could I could have seen the sixties winning. I could see the Sixties winning that series. Dwelling beat the MVP, James Harden showing up.
Speaker 2: I can see that.
Speaker 4: And also the Nuggets beat the Suns last night one eighteen one or two. I don't think anybody seen.
Speaker 2: That one as well. I definitely didn't see that game.
Speaker 1: No, I thought, I mean the Sun sonuggs really absolutely all right, Well, Teslin, let's talk about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: What's going on with Trump?
Speaker 5: Yes, In less than three hours, a federal jury of six men and three women in New York found former President Donald Trump liable for said actually abusing and forcibly touching seventy nine year old e Gen Carrol in the nineteen nineties. Trump was also found liable for defaming the writer last fall when he accused her of lying. The jury awarded Carol five million impunitive damages, and of course, Trump said he will appeal the decision. Take a listen to what he had to say. We'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 6: I don't even know who this woman is. I have no idea who she is, where she came from. This is another scam. It's a political witch hunt, and somehow we're going to have to fight this up. We cannot let our country go into this abyss.
Speaker 7: This is disgraceful.
Speaker 6: You have somebody running for office, you have a woman that's financed and lied about it. She totally lied about it by Democrat operatives, like just about the biggest one there is, and she said that wasn't true. They found that she lied about it, and the judge wasn't even I guess letting it be put in it's evidence.
Speaker 7: The whole thing is a scam.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Trump was not true.
Speaker 1: I just know that people say things like Donald Trump was, you know, found guilty. But I don't think none of it's gonna matter because Trump is gonna change the temperature everything, probably today with something because he just got too.
Speaker 2: Much going on.
Speaker 1: He's been charged in New York by Alvin Bragg. You's got charges in Georgia, potential federal charges. I think all of this just keeps making Trump bigger, and he can always say they can't beat me straight.
Speaker 2: Up, so they keep throwing his bs at me.
Speaker 4: Well that was a civil case. But let me ask you a question. It was over thirty years that this incident happened, right, so how do they still and I'm confused, you know, I don't I'm taking it out of Donald Trump. I'm just talking about the time. How do they still find the evidence thirty years later to see that you know, or the witnesses, and you know, I can barely remember something that happened five years ago, So like this, it seems thirty years seems like a long time, right, Well, it is.
Speaker 8: A long time.
Speaker 5: But then when we look at civil cases versus criminal cases, the standard is low, it's not the same. So we remember when O. J. Simpson in the nineties, when O. J. Simpson was acquitted of a criminal charge, he was charged on the civil side, So the evidence that is required to charge you civilly on the civil side, it's not the same. And then also, you know, they used Trump's words from the grab them by the PA video where they actually admitted that into evidence. They will be trying to appeal that because they said his attorney said they should have never admitted in the first place, but they did admit that video, and they had him saying that, yeah, he believes he's a celebrity and he believes you really can grab him by the p So they used his own words to help you charge him on this side as well. And then they had a couple of witnesses as well. They had some other witnesses that also said they too have been abused by Trump. So again, just like Charlemagne was saying, it's this. And then still the other cases, the album, Bragg, the January sixth, the Mary Lago with the classified documents, all of these things combined will continue to keep giving him a hard time. But keep in mind, guys, he can still run for office and still win.
Speaker 1: With all of these charges, and I'm sure he's going to raise a whole bunch of money that the classified documents, though, they're not gonna mess with him with that because President Biden had those.
Speaker 2: Too many people had those. Yeah, he threw those out the windows.
Speaker 4: Seemed like now George Santos he's being charged, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: George Santos is also being charged doing his brief time in office. Santos has been accused of breaking campaign finance laws, violating federal conflict of interest laws, stealing cashment for an Iraq War veterans dying dog. Man who steals from the dog, masterminding a credit.
Speaker 8: Card fraud gem. Yeah, let me back that up.
Speaker 5: He stole from he stole cash that was meant for an Iraq War veterans dying dog, So he stole from the poor dying dog. He masterminded a credit card fraud scheme, and lying about where he went to school and worked. Santos is expected to appear in federal court today in New York's Eastern District, where the charges have been filed under seal.
Speaker 1: What's wrong? I'm stilling from the dying dog, though, I mean, all dogs go to heaven, right to go to heaven. So if you know that, if you know all dogs going to heaven, you know, I guess the problem the.
Speaker 4: Money heaven for the dog's procedure or something like that. I'm sure something like that, Like the dog that just didn't have a savings account. How much was it, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, it don't matter.
Speaker 8: So from the dying dog.
Speaker 1: I just think it's so strange when people leave money to their pets like that.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, we've had this conversation before.
Speaker 2: It's stupid, so stupid.
Speaker 4: People love their little dogs and they leave millions and billions of dollars to their dogs.
Speaker 2: What do they know about their pets that we don't know?
Speaker 1: Like the pets shape shift is something that they turn the humans at a certain point, I.
Speaker 5: Will I will say with this one, they raised money for it. So anytime you raise money saying you're getting it for one thing and you do something else, that's called a crime.
Speaker 8: So so that's what's happened with him.
Speaker 5: But again, as a reminder, he still can keep his seat in Congress as well.
Speaker 1: So all right, there's no standard, no more, no, there's no stand only it feels like there's only a standard and entertainment and all the places that matter, like politics, there's no standard. But you messed up in entertainment, then you out of here. But you know you mess up in politics, You're like, ah, it's nothing, keep.
Speaker 2: It moving, all right, Well that is front page news. Sessling. Figure out.
Speaker 4: We'll see you in some minutes to talk about some more stuff. Absolutely all right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need devent phone lines to wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. And don't forget Bishop TD Jakes is joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. E.
Speaker 1: There's nothing bottom about me, right, that's the only thing I want to talk about.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 9: I think for some reason you think I'm giving bottom energy over here.
Speaker 2: You do have bottom energy.
Speaker 9: Drave I definitely don't get bottom energy.
Speaker 2: The man you do, man, You a taker, not a give up man. It's okay, Jesus envy. Can it hurt your voice?
Speaker 10: Bie?
Speaker 2: I get hear the hurting travel voice.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Salute all the bottoms out there, bottoms live. I have brought their bottom blase batter.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this Hey?
Speaker 2: Christy, what you call it from.
Speaker 9: The Bronx bus operated in the Bronk, Christy.
Speaker 11: No, they need to get more mensas for these young men. We listen listening because this young guy he tells me out so bad, he's going to meet me to fight.
Speaker 2: You know why, it's been a bad week for bus drivers whatever, bus drivers been having.
Speaker 7: A bad week.
Speaker 12: I don't know, like they need more ments, they need fathers and step something.
Speaker 4: So Christy, let me ask you what happens in that case when you got when you got into an altercation with somebody in the bus. You know you see them all the time and you're gonna see them today. What what can you do to protect yourself? Never mind from the Bronx, from the Bronx, from the Bronx. Okay, but no, you should you should. You should call the authorities. You should do You shouldn't play with these young boys. I don't know if he's young or old, but you shouldn't play with people nowadays.
Speaker 13: Somebody something is wrong with them, these kids today, If something is wrong with them, that's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Somebody tell you they're gonna meet you in this day. You need to call the police. Don't play with him. Don't so call.
Speaker 2: The police and call the police.
Speaker 4: Don't, don't, don't, don't don't drive that uh whatever whatever way you're driving today, don't, don't don't drive that way today.
Speaker 2: Call NYPD's you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't get another route when somebody's threatening you.
Speaker 14: You can, but you might not even meet make the bus today.
Speaker 1: At that time, you see, because you're playing Chrissy, she still call the police and tell them because you know what you picked the guy up at, or you know what he's gonna be. Tell the police that you don't feel safe, you had a threaten made to you, and then maybe they can do something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 11: He's nothing wrong with the children.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to carry pepper spray?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 2: She's from the Bronx is at least she has weapons?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Never bah, thank you, thank you, Chrissy. Call the police man, Sluthor, the n y PD man. When I when I did the Bishop TD. Jakes event last night at City College, it was so much police out there, and they were showing so much. You know, a lot of them listen to the breakfast clubs. Through all the NYPD officers I met yesterday, absolutely.
Speaker 2: One of them told me.
Speaker 1: She was like, you good out here, Charla Mane, you good. You said, you don't got to worry about nothing in here, and you.
Speaker 3: Know I don't.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: You talk about the ups and downs and the insecurities and the things that made us as stronger.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: We talk about every relationship is not perfect, every marriage is not perfect, but it's what you do to get to.
Speaker 2: The other side.
Speaker 4: And and you know, me and my wife, we work on our relationship every day. I love love that woman with everything.
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, I'm glad y'all made it through that because I'm I'm in the relationship.
Speaker 16: I'm thinking about thinking to the next level.
Speaker 15: We just about the purchase, about the clothes on our house next Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Congratulations King Man, Appreciate that.
Speaker 15: Appreciate y'all banks for everything. Y'll do.
Speaker 4: All right, brother, have a good one, and you could pick up the book to his paperback was just released, that thing like two weeks ago, so it's a perfect gift for a friend Mother's Day. You want to get it for your mom or your girl, your baby mama. It's one of those and it's real, It's not and honest, Siandra.
Speaker 14: That's as a therapist.
Speaker 2: Hey, signed by MD.
Speaker 14: I have a beef with you again.
Speaker 2: Why do you ever be for me?
Speaker 14: I felt like you weren't listening to ebany, you know. I feel like as black woman in the narrative is always that you can't have your equal and that you always have to build a man up. And I remember you saying in the past that you send your daughter to the top private school in New Jersey, and now she's that's one of the top universities. So you want the best for your kid, and I don't having the best in your partner.
Speaker 4: I mean, I want the best for my kid, but I also want my daughter to be happy. If somebody is out there that is a bus driver that my daughter meets and he treats her well and she's happy, I'm happy. But see, the end of the day is as a afterwards said.
Speaker 14: You meet someone and they are not equally yoked to you, why would you continue?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not I'm not talking about finances. I'm talking about what's gonna make her happy. I'm talking about a man that's gonna treat her well. I'm talking about a man that has values. I don't care about money. She could meet somebody that's filthy, Richard, a billionaire like Doodle.
Speaker 14: Which I think that we would be kind of leaving in a fantasy world if we don't think that finand.
Speaker 1: No about Sandra and Envy. You know what's happening here. This is what's happening here. We weren't even having that conversation with Ebane. I can pretty much say we probably agree with Ebanue on that what we were talking to Abony about was when she implied that everyday working class people are average, mediocre, typical, and stuck in the bigotry of low expectations. That's what That's what I believe. But that but that's what I'm saying, That's what enviw with. That's what everybody's pushing back on. Ebany can have her preferences.
Speaker 14: As a first generation kid, I hear that a lot growing up. We did come to this country for you to be mediocre, for you to the average, So doctor, lawyer, engineer, is that those are the choices you have. So I here that but doctors.
Speaker 1: But doctors, Lloyd's and engineers have to get to work, and a lot of them, especially in big cities, get to work via public transportation, and a lot of that public transportation is buses, so obs.
Speaker 2: More than an important role.
Speaker 1: That's why I can never call the people that literally make this world go around average, typical, mediocre are stuck in the bigotry of low expectations. Because I know, when I'm sitting at home hungry and my wife don't feel like cooking, We're calling.
Speaker 2: What y'all would call mediocre people to bring our food.
Speaker 1: When we need Amazon Amazon packages delivered, we're calling what you would call mediocre people to bring our Amazon packages.
Speaker 2: So I just that's that's all.
Speaker 1: We're pushing back on absolutely that you can't get caught up in the dating conversation and who should date who, Like, that's fine, everybody can have any purposes.
Speaker 2: And I really don't care the whole other discussion.
Speaker 4: Somebody said that, like, I honestly don't care, and that's probably the reason why I work so much and I have so many different jobs. I want my kids to be financially free and have their own I want them to be able to pick a spouse or pick somebody that they love because of the value of that person, not because the dollars.
Speaker 2: That they make.
Speaker 1: That's how that's how me and my wife met, That's how you and your wife met, Charlamagne, and that's what I went for mine.
Speaker 4: I don't care about what they make. That's that's the least somebody to treat.
Speaker 1: He's still going back to their relationship, right, Well, that's not what we were talking to you about.
Speaker 2: I don't have any problem with Evan these preferences. That's her preference. That's her preference, and that's fine. Whatever she wants, that's fine.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing I took issue with, was you know her anything like she was saying everyday working class people are average, mediocre, typical and stuck in the bigotry of Lord expected and I don't want to talk about it some other goddamn things. Why are we still talking about Jesus Christ, It's Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That seemed like two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: I'm about to rent a bus and just start driving a bus to the city just because that get it off.
Speaker 2: Chest eight hundred.
Speaker 4: Five eight five one o five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up now. When we come back. Snoop Dogg is pissed off.
Speaker 7: He's mad at.
Speaker 4: The world, and you're gonna let you know why. All right, keep it lots with the Breakfast Club one morning.
Speaker 3: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Owning everybody is the j n V. Charlamagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club, Yes we are. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 2: Let's talk, Snoop Dogg. All out of names or you've gossip? Been you chatting?
Speaker 14: God?
Speaker 3: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 17: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 7: Spells right, yes, on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now yesterday, Snoop Dogg took part in the panel at the Milkin Institute's twenty twenty three Global Conference in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Now fancy yeah.
Speaker 4: They asked him a question about AI and the writers' strike, and Snoop just went off the use.
Speaker 18: Of AI by the studios to write scripts.
Speaker 17: Let's say, of course, Snoop dying to know your thoughts on.
Speaker 19: This, Well, I got them up from AI right now that they Benet made for me this you could talk to me. I'm like, man, this can hold a real conversation, like for real for real, Like it's it's blowing on my mind because I watch movies on this as a kid years ago. When I to see this and I'm like, what is going on? Then I heard the dude that the old dude that created AI some much. This is not safe because the AI has got their own minds and these my liks gonna start doing their own I'm like, it's we.
Speaker 3: In the movie right now?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 19: So do I need to invest in the AI so I can have one with me?
Speaker 3: Up? Like, do y'all know what?
Speaker 1: It ain't a movie, dog, I keep telling y'all man mutually assured destruction. That is what AI is going to lead us to. I don't care what none of y'all saying. This whole writer's crake that's happening. One of the main things that you know they pushed back on in regards to the writers crack was the writers wanted to make sure that you know, these studios can't use AI to write things, and they pushed back on that.
Speaker 2: So that tells you everything you need to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Not only that, he was also talking about we don't have any other audio snope, right. He also talks about how he was saying that. You know, part of the strike is he was saying, you know, when a lot of these writers do these you know, writing these films, writing these scripts, they do it for major releases, major box off of releases. So now when these movies go into streaming services, how do they get paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part, that's part of the that's one of the reasons the writers was striking. One of the main reasons the writer is screg.
Speaker 4: And stoop Dogg was saying the same thing for a lot of rappers. He was like, how you were a rapper and your music, you know, streams a billion streams and you don't get nearly that much money. You don't even get a ten percent of that money. And he was like, it doesn't he's at the math. Ain't math And he had a new conversation. No, but he was like, that's what he was saying. That's what he started bringing up in that panel. He was saying, you know, back in the day, he is an artist. He said, if his album was you know, ten dollars and he sold a million records, he made ten million dollars, you know, and then it's broken down, you know, he might make twenty percent of that and this label might make twenty percent. He's like, now they just doing things and they're not paying the actual artists. So he was he was bringing.
Speaker 3: All that up.
Speaker 1: I don't unerstand about artificial intelligence they talking about the official intelligence is going to replace like three hundred million jobs or something like that. Right, So if you get rid of all the humans, correct, and the humans aren't working right, humans don't have any money. So even though you're cutting costs by having artificial intelligence through the jobs, who's gonna be able to buy products with no money?
Speaker 2: Nobody like, like, what are we doing? Nobody at all?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 4: Now, there's stop talking about what I just broke down with the streaming services.
Speaker 19: It's exciting, but streaming gotta get they together because I don't understand how you get paid off for that shit. Like I mean cause somebody explained to me how you can get a billion streams and not get a million dollars Like that don't make sense to me because one plus one ain't adding up to two.
Speaker 2: That's don't add up.
Speaker 19: And I have to say it because that's the main right with a lot of us artists is that we do major numbers with streams initiates, but it don't add up to the money. It's not being translated and it's not working for the artists right now.
Speaker 7: And I just want to speak.
Speaker 4: To that in the industry, like that's s s up.
Speaker 19: And we need to find a way to figure that out the same way the writers are figuring out. The writers are striking because streaming they can't get paid that somebody watched your movie? Where's the money? And I know I'm going off a script right now before.
Speaker 3: This is business.
Speaker 1: That's not a ido, that's just a contract conversation, right Like, artists got to negotiate better because it's not like people aren't making money off screaming. It's just not going into the artist pockets. They're making money off screaming right now.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Majors, he appeared in court for domestic violence yesterday, his attorney saying it's a witch hunt. Now it was virtually the DA provided more information about what they're charging him with now. Previously, the complaint stated that Majors had allegedly struck the woman in her face with an open hand, causing a laceration behind her air.
Speaker 2: Now the complaint now states that.
Speaker 4: The woman also sustained injuries to her arm in hand and that she was allegedly pushed into the side of a vehicle by Majors.
Speaker 2: Now he denied the allegation. So we'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 1: You know who we never talk about in situations like witches because Trump lawyer said it's a witch hunt, Jonathan Majes. People say it's a witch hunt. How do actual witches feel about this? Witches out here just mining their business?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know any witches to ask.
Speaker 2: Oh I know something? Good ones?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Oh I know some good ones.
Speaker 1: Where are they from? Don't worry about where they're from? Just play with me ever if you want to have you coughing up a frog in head Man.
Speaker 4: And lastly, Tory Lanes is denied a new trial in the meg the Stallion shooting. Now Los Angeles judge on Tuesday denied a motion for a new child from lawyer's for Rapertory Lanes.
Speaker 2: He says a witch hunt.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't say it's a witch hunt. But he's convicted of three felonies in the December shooting. So now he's waiting for his uh to say if he's going to he faces up to twenty two years in prison and faces deportation back to Canada. So we'll see what happens with him. And of course, if you don't remember, his convictions of assault with a semi automatic firearm, having a loaded, unregistered firearm in the vehicle, and discharging a firearm with gross negligce.
Speaker 1: So the judge did not care about those pleas that Tory Lanes was making this week when he was saying, please don't ruin my life.
Speaker 4: Know that you know I could be your brother, your son, your father. You didn't, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: There are there are consequences to your actions.
Speaker 4: Yes, So we'll see what happens. Uh, and we'll see how much time he gets. And that is your rumor reports. All right now when we come back, Tesslin, figure out will be joining us. We got some front page news and Bishop td Jakes will be kicking with him in a little bit.
Speaker 3: So don't right here.
Speaker 2: Disruptive thinking.
Speaker 1: That's what we're gonna have this morning, a disruptive conversation with Bishop td Jakes. He's got a new book out right now called Disruptive Thinking. I can't wait to talk to him about it.
Speaker 20: That's right, it's the Breakfast Club. On't be et the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Audible Pig of the Day is in the room with Peter Bergen.
Speaker 1: Go beyond the headlines in this weekly podcast and get the real story from people who were there. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Own Everybody's DJ env Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Is back with us.
Speaker 1: Come on to TIS for a start off with some quick sports. Last night, the seventy six is beat the Celt's one fifteen, one oh three. They leave the Semmies three to two, and the Denver Nuggets beat the Suns one eighteen, one oh two.
Speaker 4: They lead that Sermies three to two. The Knicks play tonight. I don't know if I'm gonna go to that game. I want to go to that game. I think I might take my son.
Speaker 2: To that game.
Speaker 4: Now, let's start off with Tucker Calson Now he's launching his own show now on Twitter.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 5: After being fired from Fox News last month, Tucker Carlson announced that he will relaunch his program on Twitter. Check out what he had to say, we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 21: Amazingly, as of tonight, there aren't many platforms left that allow free speech. The last big one remaining in the world. The only one is Twitter where we are now. Twitter is not a partisan site. Everybody's allowed here, and we think that's a good thing. And yet, for the most part, the news that you see analyzed on Twitter comes from media organizations that are themselves thinly disguised propaganda outlets. You see it on cable news, you talk about it on Twitter. We know exactly actually how it works, and we're sick of it. Starting Shuit will be bringing a new version of the show we've been doing for the last six and a half years to Twitter. Free speech is the main.
Speaker 2: Right that you have. Without it, you have no others.
Speaker 5: Well, last night that video had seventeen million guess what it went to this morning, seventy three million views.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: So when you look at his old show that only had maybe about two or three million viewers, this is reaching the world literally overnight.
Speaker 1: I mean, is he doing it in conjunction with Twitter, like I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: If it's a partnership with Twitter, or he's just launching it on Twitter.
Speaker 8: He just announced he just put the video out.
Speaker 5: I watched it from beginning to end, so he didn't talk about, you know, the operational side of it. But what I found interesting is he may possibly lose twenty million that he was expected to get from Fox, So depending on that a non compete, like will they look at that as another network where they look at that as you know, kind of doing the same thing he was doing on Fox. But he's willing to walk away from the bag allegedly to get his voice out.
Speaker 8: I don't see him sitting out this selection season, you know.
Speaker 5: I think this is all about him wanting to continue his message, you know, get it out. And Twitter is the place obviously with Elon Musk kind of letting things just you know, run wild on Twitter.
Speaker 8: This is the place that he thinks he can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tuker casting definitely has his own audience and I think enough people will follow him that he can make a living. But it's interesting with those conservative talking heads, right like the Glenn Beck's of the world, the Bill O'Reilly's, the Tucker Costing, they always end up going to launch like their own show, you know, via their own platform in some way, but they never seem to have that same energy impact, right, Yeah, because O Riley is still out here with his platform, Glenn buck Beckett is still out here, but it never seems to it the same as it did when they were on Fox. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I also think when they launched, it took a minute for them to kind of get stuff together. I didn't see this happen in this face, do you remember, Because to me, this is like immediately and they didn't have access to a.
Speaker 8: Twitter to do something like this.
Speaker 5: So I see him moving a lot faster, you know, trying to keep his folks in gauge where O'Reilly and all of those guys. Took a little while for them to get set up, you know, and kind of get their show going.
Speaker 4: And that's part of it. Like you said, you know, people say out of sight, out of mind. I mean he's he's going right from Fox to write to his own platform. He's continuing the conversation and he's I guess, trying to take his fans, his loyal fans with him.
Speaker 1: Because Glenn beck launched the whole network, remember it was the Blade Network. I mean that's where that's where the infamous Tommy Lauren came from you know right.
Speaker 5: It also was in the middle campaign season, so the environment has a lot to do with it as well.
Speaker 8: You know, we're literally in.
Speaker 5: The middle of former President Donald Trump fighting five cases at one time. So I agree with you, Charlayne, if the fox is the machine that makes the shows what they are.
Speaker 8: But I do think in.
Speaker 5: This case, he'll be able to create a little crate, a little bit of noise on Twitter, very different than those other guys were.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about this woman who wrote a book about grief after her husband died.
Speaker 2: Now she's charged with his murder.
Speaker 5: Yes, after Corey Richons has been Eric died suddenly last year, she wrote a children's book that said she wanted to help her three boys with the process of grief, letting them know that their father will always be with them. A little over two months since the book Are You With Me? Was published, Miss Richard's thirty three, was charged with murder murdering her husband by poisoning him with five times the lethal dosage of fentanyl at their home outside Park City, Utah. Now, the medical examiner concluded that the fentanyl had been ingested orally. The investigation determined that she made her husband a cocktail the night before and he passed away. The investigation found communications with a drug dealer of her asking for some of the Michael Jackson stuff, and then they found her husband. They also found out that her husband told his friends that he thought she was trying to kill him.
Speaker 8: This was like that dentist story.
Speaker 2: Do I remember was the dinnist story?
Speaker 3: I forgot?
Speaker 8: Remember the dentists that killed his wife? And she told everyone.
Speaker 2: It was a couple of months bays.
Speaker 5: He told everyone, Hey, I think he's yeah, I think he's trying to kill me, and then he made her drink and then she died.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is like literally the.
Speaker 2: Same thing with Days on Men, and that Michael Jackson stuff is no joke. Okay.
Speaker 1: When I when I went to go get my colonoscopy up and when I got my endoenoscopy and they hit me with that Michael Jacket stuff. I'm not gonna front, I asked the doctor. I said, man, I get some of this to go home. And her exact words to me was.
Speaker 2: Like, no, just that Michael Jackson stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does put you out and when you wake up, there's no drowsiness and you just feel refreshed.
Speaker 1: It's the best sleep ever. And I need something that only had ten hours of sleeping.
Speaker 4: Shot, then I'll give you something to put you to sleep.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 8: On his soliciting for drugs.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying when y'all say that Michael Jackson stuff, you know, that's another reason to go get your coldonocopy.
Speaker 2: It's worth it when you get up, when you get hit with that dose and you out. Oh Lord, tell me I'm lying you it was. It was amazing.
Speaker 5: This story was supposed to be about the sympathy of the guy dying an opportunity to do an advertisement for the solicitation.
Speaker 1: Of Right, you're right, God bless that brother. His wife's in jail, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's in jail. All right, Well that is front page.
Speaker 1: And yes, make sure you subscribe to Teling Figuero's podcast This Great Shot, No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network and tests. You're talking about dating this.
Speaker 8: Week, Yes I am.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about how we need to be dated, courted, engaged as black votus from the politicians. So just kind of going off of the conversation would you date a bus driver? I want to know our politicians dating us and what we should be looking for drops this Thursday.
Speaker 2: There you go, Well, thank you, Tess. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Absolutely all right.
Speaker 4: Now, when we come back, the Bishop TD Jakes will be joining this.
Speaker 2: This book is called Disruptive Thinking.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a daring strategy to change how we live, lead and love. It is a fantastic greed from one of the greatest orientators and communicators of our time, Bishop TD Jakes, and he'll be joining us next.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: And Jess Hilarious, how we did the interview yesterday. Jess Hilarious was with us as well, so we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Right, we are the.
Speaker 4: Breakfast Club, and get our guest hosts, Jess Hilarious with us, and we got a special guest in the building, legend TD Jakes, welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's good to be back. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: And you got a new book, I'll disruptive Thinking. What is disruptive thinking, my brother.
Speaker 3: Disruptive thinking is the willingness that you need to be able to disrupt the way that you look at life because you understand that mindsets control assets. And I know when I say, I said so, I'm not just talking about wealth. I'm talking about relationships. I'm talking about wellness. I'm talking about your perspectives on life have to be disrupted in order to go to the next level. Some people are willing to do that, and some people are not. They just state we're safe and play in the safety zone. Other people color outside of the lines. And I'm in the book. I talk about what how to handle both groups of people, how to manage people who are disruptors, and how to support people that are disrupting.
Speaker 1: I have a friend which she passed away, and her saying used to be you can be great or you can be safe, but you can't be both.
Speaker 3: Exactly, that's perfectly said. That's exactly what the book is about. What it costs to cross those lines, what it costs, what it costs to be innovative. If you go in the library, there are no books about ordinary. There are only books about innovative, creative people who cross the lines, broke boundaries, creative things when push it to the limit, and there's a price to be paid. And I talk about it in the book. For disruptive thinking. But this is a disruptive time we're limiting and if we're trying to go back to normal and normally there anymore, it's not there anymore. So if we're not willing to disrupt what we call normal and embrace change, then we're going to be left behind as a people or as an individual.
Speaker 4: Now, when you say disruptive thinking, can you be disruptive against the church and it still be okay? Can disruptive thinking go against the church as well? If there's questions or comments or anything like that.
Speaker 3: You can't control the way people think about anything. It doesn't make it right because that's the way you think about it. See, anytime you have a generic statement like the church, it's like black people, you know, a monolith. So whenever people say I have ideas about the church, I think, what is the church? Because you know what, I don't like black people. It's that kind of ignorant I don't like white people. I have an issue with You know, you're talking about millions and millions of people with different ideas within the church, So you know, maybe you don't like your experience with it. You know that that's totally different from your experience with God. Okay, let's go to that. And then secondly, it's no excuse to indict all churches because you had in experience with water. It's like saying all black men are no good or you know. So I don't say anything to them. I let them go through what everything got to go through.
Speaker 4: Now, I will say the one bad thing about the pandemic right is now you can watch church or television.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie now, Bishop.
Speaker 1: Someday more, I'll be like kids get into bed and it's just you know.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely bedside Baptist the house, my bacon, my.
Speaker 4: Wiffle, and my arm is juicing, you know, we all in the room together.
Speaker 22: But I can't No, I cannot. I cannot get it just watching it on TV. It doesn't do and not that it's I don't know. I just don't get the same. I don't get it. I don't receive it the same.
Speaker 3: It is not quite the same. But I think that's an amazing picture he just drew of him and his family watching on screen together. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. I don't care about that. But I do understand you too, because anytime you're actually in the room. The room has a certain energy and a certain element, and the dog getting barking, and somebody's not ringing the doorbell, you're not scrolling through your phone, and you don't have those distractions. Of course, there's going to be more intense, but I meet people where they are, whether they want to watch it on TV, whether they want to stream it, whether they want to go any any time you feed your soul, you're going to be a little bit better, just a little bit less rested out, a little bit less worried, a little less intense. That can't hurt you.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like experiencing the part of house in person. But I love it on Sunday morning, I'm glad y'all scream live on YouTube every Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yah. Yeah, yeah, I'm grateful. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that draws more people on Sunday morning in the stream than we do. And we were able to survive COVID much better than I didn't know what that was going to be like. Yeah, it's very scary, but we survived with our doors closed because we had the technology to be able to reach or broader audience. I think that when Jesus said, go into all the world. He didn't necessarily mean we had to go buy camel. Yeah, we could go buy technology. We could go by streaming, we can go by television, we can go by radio. And then they come up with something else, we'll be on that too. But it's about meeting people where they are.
Speaker 1: So what about all these new pastors and these new churches, Like they might curse doing their sermons or they do like you know, I don't want to say gimmicky, but they do stunt in order to give Would you call that disruption or what would you call that?
Speaker 3: You know, every leader has his audience. It's not the way that I would do it. Uh, why must we divide further when we're already a minority. I don't want to spend energy fighting another brother, even if he's not doing it the way I would do it. I would rather spend my energy trying to propel our community forward. So, really, when you start talking about disruptive thinking, it's born out of me thinking. Somebody ought to do something right, somebody ought to do something, somebody had to do something that something said to me, why aren't you somebody? And the truth of the matter, if we keep saying somebody, and it really ought to be everybody, So disrupting our thinking building communities. Started a real estate development corporation. We start building communities, closing flood deserts, UH, drawing up plans to go across the United States doing it.
Speaker 2: And all those things they say the church gonna do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all the things that the white church doesn't have to do, the black church is expected to do it and everything. Not the white church. They're expected to pre servise, will and go home. The black church is expected to be an a civil rights leader, a counselor suppose have food pantry. We're supposed to have everything going. It's supposed to know how to do everything. Pastors don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: They don't even talk about, like white paths, like oh that white path got a megachurch, and that white that white path doing business. You don't never hear that in regards to the white pastes. But they always crucify the black pathy.
Speaker 3: But but it's because we have been pinted, pitted against each other the whole all throughout history, and unity is what is needed. Now. We're not going to agree about everything. That's a beautiful thing. About this country. That's okay, but there are some common things that we need, and I want to solve those common things. Everybody needs to breathe. We need clean air, we need clean water, we need to access s healthy foods. We've got more stores in our communities and we do grocery stores, payday loans instead of financial literacy. We are standing right on the edge of the greatest transference of wealth in the history of this country from one generation into another, but our community is going to lag woefully behind. Only forty two percent of African Americans own a house, seventy three percent of Caucasians on a house. I think it's about fifty percent of Latinos. Why is that important? Because you can't pass or your apartment to your children. Okay, so they're going to start at ground level zero. Why do we not have it? Not access to credit, under hired, underpaid. We white family median income is ten times higher than ours.
Speaker 2: Knowledge, you can't get the loans.
Speaker 3: Knowledge, school loans, that all of these things are issues that we need to address. That's not really the church's jump, but it has fallen onto our plate.
Speaker 4: We got more with Bishop TD Jakes when we come back Don't Move is the breakfast Club. Good morning everybody at j n V. Charlamage the God we are the breakfast Club. Jesselarius is here and we're still kicking it. With Bishop td Jakes. We were just having a conversation about, you know, people who work at blue collar jobs and how necessary they were, and we were saying exactly what you were saying. There's nothing wrong with working a blue collar job or b or doing this or doing that, but also realizing that you can do something on the side. You can create that streaming company or that podcast or whatever you want to do that'll buy that, you know, multi unit and rent it out. You can do it on the side. You can do more than one job. And I think people were stuck with you know, this job is only for these people, and I'm like, that's not at all.
Speaker 2: We all have a start from someplace exactly.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of disruptive thinking they created this show, right, Okay, this is disruptive thinking. And the fact that you can do it on the radio and you can do it on TV simultaneously. The fact that you think in a multifaceted way, disruptive thinking, that's what got you here. That's what got me here? I didn't get here because I'm black. I didn't get here because of a man. I didn't get here because I'm preacher. I got here because I'm innovative and creative and diverse and different and unique, as is Marvin Winings, as is Bishop sap as is. Everybody is unique. What are we doing with our uniqueness? So we're at an inflection point. The projections are about twenty fifty African Americans median income. It's going to be at zero if we don't make a quick turn, we're going to have a world full of trouble as artificial intelligence replaces us. And it's a serious conversation. So disruptive thinking is as much a warning as it is a clearing call that the ideas you've had on the back burner that you're waiting on enough money to capitalize, take them off the back burner. Form partnerships, build alliances.
Speaker 16: Go.
Speaker 3: If you don't go now, you're not going to get there. The child that you're raising that looks rambunctious, could be disruptive, could be creative, could be a leader. Sometimes we punish kids down into submission and teach them to feel like a slave. Sit down, do what I told you to do. Because I said, so all of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: You sound just like me.
Speaker 3: Cause I said so, we're not teaching our children. The problem is we're not programming this computer with good stuff, with smart stuff, with stuff that's intimidating, that makes you walk into a room and feel shy to speak up. That's a good room to be. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, as a parent, being a disruptor is allowing your kids to be disruptives.
Speaker 3: Allowing your children to discover who they are, and looking closely at them to guide them toward things that they're good at, that they can excel at. My grandson came to me and he said, I like working in the arts. And I got on the phone and I called a friend of mine who was works for Dallas Broadway, and I said, I've got a grandson in town. Would you consider at least interviewing him for a job. What am I doing? I'm putting him in the field of his dreams.
Speaker 2: And everybody he ain't got the grandfather like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 22: That's my son told my father he wanted to be a football player. My father don't, no, no football players, you can't.
Speaker 3: But you know something. If you really gifted, somebody's gonna see it. Somebody's gonna see it if you're really gifted, and you have to, you have to put yourself out there. If you don't know. I didn't have him, he either. My father died when I was sixteen. My grandfather was murdered by white racist in Mississippi when he was twenty two. So didn't have, didn't have, didn't have, didn't have, didn't have out of the egg spowdered milk. Okay, I grew up on the rags of life, but they were my mother knew how to make a quest out of them. And she, you know, she was bad. She was strong, she was resourceful, she was creative. My father got sick when I was telling. He died when I was sixteen. So I didn't grow up with any silver Swans anywhere.
Speaker 2: So you disrupted your whole family's lineage.
Speaker 3: Totally, totally, totally, totally, and took them with me.
Speaker 2: So what got you in the ministry, right? What happened to your grandfather? What happened to your fault?
Speaker 4: A lot of people would say they wouldn't believe because of there's so many negative outcomes that happened in their life, but it seemed like it totally made the opposite for you.
Speaker 3: That's a great question. Pain drove me to him, not from him. Thirst makes you go to water, Hunger makes you go get up and eat. So I used the void to find my heavenly father because I missed my earthly father.
Speaker 1: You know you said that you don't want any kids to be your successor, But man, how does it feel seeing Sarah following your footsteps.
Speaker 3: I don't want them to feel like they have to be my success.
Speaker 2: She's become a spiritual leader at all.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's I have no words for what she is. The thing that's amazing about Sarah is Sarah will rock that stage till it comes in glued and walk off of the stage like it wasn't her. I swear she comes home like nothing happened, and she'll get some chicken and put it in a brown paper bag and start checking it up and frying chicken and not even discuss it. But when she aims, she aims from such a pure place, pure and also from a place of deep passion to help people. And it's just amazing to watch. Uh yeah, I love watching it, but I love all of my kids. I did. What I made by my statement is I didn't want to pressure my children to be something they weren't.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know I love a chapter in the book of being married to a disruptive. Yeah, I'm married and be married just one day.
Speaker 10: Maybe I feel it.
Speaker 3: He's coming on.
Speaker 1: Do you have a successful marriage to a person who's a disrupted Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? You just both can't be disruptive at the same time. Somebody's got to support. Somebody's got to be disruptive. Somebody's got stabilized the home while somebody's moving forward. You have to have each other's back.
Speaker 1: I saw you and doctor Field want to stay in the marriage thing for a minut I saw you on Doctor Phil talking about the fundamental core of marriage.
Speaker 2: Could you explain to people with that fundamental core of marriages?
Speaker 3: I think instead of running up interviewing men for marriage or women for marriage like you're hunting down a turkey in November, which nobody wants to be shot. Listen, just okay, let's be friends, because the core of any great relationship. My son is shitn't behind me, he's my son. But we're friends. We're friends. My wife is also my friend. So as the romantic moments ebb and subside and rise and fall through different seasons and stages of your life. If at the core you respect each other and you are for me, we can survive the turbulence because we have core values.
Speaker 4: Move we got more with Bishop td Jakes. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody's dj n V.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. Jesse Larius is here and we're still kicking it with Bishop td Jakes. You know a lot of people feel that, and I know your son is a lot older, that your child shouldn't be a friend, and people say that all the time.
Speaker 2: My child's not my friend. Yeah, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: When he was a boy, I wouldn't have said that. But he's a grown man, he's forty two years old. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you should talk. But anyway, I don't know, but you may forget everything, okay. Yeah, So when your children are grown, the relationships become more friends because then you can talk to them about what really happened, who you really are, what really stopped you, what keeps you up at night, and you that. But when he was a little boy, I was his father period black, point blank, not boom, no, go to bed. Now, you know, parenting is a job. It's a job. And I think we have babies, but don't take the job of parenting. Parenting is a job, it's work, and it's a lifelong job. But as they get older, you start reaping a harvest back in terms of lord and love and Warren Buffett said something. I think it's really true, no matter how much money you make in life, if when you get ready to die, those that you love the most are not gathered around your bed, then you are poor. There will be no u houls behind hers. There will only be mourning families if you're wise enough to protect that. And you have to protect that at all costs, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you tweet about me, because if I get sick, you're not going to wipe my mouth. You're not going to set me up in the bed or change my clothes. So why should I put so much energy into you at the expense of putting energy into him? You understand. So I have five children, okay, And as you go through life and you build relationships, they got to see us struggle. They got to see us happy. They got to see us sad, they got to see us mad. Guess what you're learning conflict resolution. You're learning that you can be angry and not shoot somebody, that you can be angry and still come in and have dinner. I can be disappointed with you, it's still cook for you.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: We are not demonstrating the complexities of relationships. Not only is it affecting our personal lives, but business is built on relationships.
Speaker 1: No, Sarah, she's spoken my mental wealth flexible last year and she actually apologized on behalf of the Black Church, and she said, I think it would be remiss of us to not acknowledge that there have been moments in Black church because that's the only church she's been in, the Black Church where she's not allowed to bring the truth of who you are in the space.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great statement. I think it's a wonderful, wonderful thing to do. But really, again, the Black Church is not a monolith and they're not all the same. There are Black churches that teach for and against everything. What we have to do is stop throwing rocks and find what church works for you. Yeah, Okay, what are you? Where you called? Where you feel? Where do you feel comfortable? Is it blue jeans and tennis shoes and T shirts? And that's what you want? You wanna do you want to minister? That's that's in blue jeans and and skinny jeans and and you like that relaxed atmosphery good, go for it. You want to you want to sing her song type music?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Their churches like that. You want a more disciplined, traditional old school church. There are churches like that. I don't think that matters. Jesus didn't die for a style. Yeah, he died for souls. So when you start talking about the Black church, I think it's important that you understand the church is built on black people, and and our doctorate and our theology should be consistent with scriptures of which none of us have mastered, and all of us are pursuing. But we're not there yet.
Speaker 1: Just as you would start going more of communion actually served real wine.
Speaker 4: He can feel when the spirit is lyned.
Speaker 3: Thinking, I love you, I love people like USQ I got it.
Speaker 1: I got you talked me about the Wells Fargo situation. You've got a ten year partnership.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited about it. I'm excited about it because, uh, there's some things that I'm doing around the country with our real estate ventures company that it gave me another tool to do them with. I've been building communities. I described some of them earlier. Wells Fargo came to the table along with others. This is money to put in infrastructure, sewers, drains, waterlized housing, to build those houses. Then that contractor that builds those houses will buy those houses and sell it to a community within the covenants of what we have described for them to work here. So Wells Fargo a billion dollars worth of capital over ten years to make it. Yes, a lot of money. It's a lot of money. In his words, it was historical. Okay, at least a billion dollars from Wells Fargo. It's pointed straight at us fooble for us by to us and to me, that's an exciting thing. What's more exciting than the money. And it's not like they gave it to me. Let me clear that up. They didn't give it to me. They didn't give it to my church. My church didn't get a billion dollars. And you know it didn't come from Wells Fargo. Let's stop all the ignorant things that we think and get down to what eight billion dollars means to mothers who are single mothers and want to own home so that her daughter will be saying. What it means to seniors who have worked for years, what it means for the fact that you can't afford to live in the city that you work in. All around America. It's not just dollars, it's not just New York. It's everywhere. It's Detroit, it is everywhere. So this will give us an opportunity mixed income, so you will have a certain amount that's below market value, below what we call AMI area meeting income, sometime sixty below, sometimes more to provide that housing mixed in with other people who can afford fair market value or can afford more elaborate You have to focus on what you believe God gave you to do, the assignment that God gave you to do, Be what you were created to be, and be strong enough in your disruptive thinking to withstand the distraction of those who heckle you and do nothing while they criticize your.
Speaker 1: Something exactly what you had to cause somebody to nd word. Bishop, I plea.
Speaker 3: Depend on that. I'm not going there with you today. Okay, We're not going to do that. Disruptive Thinking is on sell today all over the country. Pick up a copy and and talk to me on the Instagram. Tell me what you think, asked me questions, Hit me up on Facebook, let me hear from you, and let me know. Let's go through the book together. It's audio, it's also written, and I'm really I'm really proud of it. Are you gonna let me pray?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? First of all, all right.
Speaker 3: When I leave, y'all go kidge it from her father. I thank you for the massive privilege of allowing me to pray for not only the people in this room and their careers and their lives and their walk with you, but all the people who are listening right now. In the middle of all this turbulence and tests and trials and shaking of economy and inflation and all the things that worry us. I speak peace in the middle of fear. I speak confidence in the middle of distress. I preach hope. Right now. I thank you Lord that this day is going to be richer and better because we had this moment together. Bless those that are sick, that are listening, those that are, those that are broken, those that are distraught, those that are there wrestling with mental health, be made well in the name of Christ Star King. Amen.
Speaker 2: Amen, Man, heymen, well lay you have it. It's Bishop TDJA Jakes. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, burning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. Salute to the Bishop TD Jakes for joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: Man, Salute to the good Bishop. Make sure y'all get Disruptive Thinking.
Speaker 1: It's a quick read too, It's only like two hundred and thirty hundred forty pages. Man, But I mean, you know I always say I don't always say I got this from New Jack City. You know how they say new Jack problems called for new Jack solutions. He got some new Jack solutions in this book, disruptive thinking. So make sure you go grab that by the Good Bishop TD Jakes.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's get to the rooms. Let's talk. Robert de Niro, all out a name or you gossip? Been you chatting?
Speaker 3: God? This is the rumor report.
Speaker 17: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 7: Spells right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now, Robert de Niro, you know him from so many of your favorite.
Speaker 2: Movies, So I gotta tell youho, Robins the is. I don't want to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Active of course, Casino Bronx tale. I'm talking to me to parents.
Speaker 2: You don't know who Robert DeNiro is. There's no heat.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, that guy, Robert de Niro. Well, he's welcoming his seventh child now. He shared news on Monday that he has a new film name About My Father, and also that he is now a father. He said he just had a baby, so now he has seven children and he is seventy nine years old.
Speaker 1: Robin the Clues bombs for Robert deniroll And I'm only dropping one of the Clut's bombs for Robert de Niro because that means his penis is still working. And that's all we want at seventy nine years of age. You want our penis and our brains to still be working.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, all right, but when that child turned wasn't am I seven nine is kind of late to have a kid.
Speaker 1: It don't matter. Robert de Narroll set up. His life is set up. You know what I mean, that kid is gonna be fine. Well off, he's gonna know the legacy of his father. And if it's a little boy, he gonna know that at seventy nine, his penis are still working because genetics are great in that family. All right, Okay, you don't think he was a little honey stick or I don't know what he used, but whatever he used it he need to pass on us. But when you know, we said we need that we get to that tend age of seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, because that's all you want at seventy nine.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's a conversation that we actually do have amongst each other as men. Okay, I just want my penis in my brain to still be working at seventy nine. All right, well, all swinny came, I'm using it at seventy nine. I just wanted to still work. Just want to work on the way up every morning. Still still got the woody still here.
Speaker 2: That's all you can about.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 4: That means everything's flowing correctly now. Regenae Carter shout the regene card of course. Lide Wayne's daughter reveals two men tried to break into her home on Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh she put this post. She said, uh.
Speaker 4: She took the Twitter and said, uh, thankfully she wasn't at home when two men tried to break into her house. Now I know, I hear this is going a lot in Atlanta right now, like crazy actually around the country.
Speaker 2: So if you if you have.
Speaker 4: An alarm, you know sometimes we get careless. We don't set the alarm when we go to sleep, we don't set the along and we just run out. We got to make sure we locked it. We got to make sure we lock the windows. And if you have a dog or you have a weapon, learn how to use that weapon and make sure that dog is out.
Speaker 1: I want a dog. I'm looking for a dog. I'm looking for I don't want to can course. I want me a ball ball which is called bar bar.
Speaker 4: It's a bar bar, No, I think it's something else. No, man, bar bar is a place.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Bar board is a place. I think it's a dog. I don't know if it's a dog. Why you want to I'm not even saying that.
Speaker 1: Google it and see if I'm why you would want one. The dogs is amazing, looking big. You've seen a ball bar before.
Speaker 4: I don't know I don't think it's called a bar bar. I think I know what you're talking about, but it's.
Speaker 3: Not a bar bar. What's it called?
Speaker 2: It's called a bar bar? Did you look it up your Google? I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: Did it say bar bar? Got a bunch of words I can't pronounce bor ball, b o e R b o e L. That's what I want.
Speaker 2: I want me. Don't want me one of those. I was supposed to get one from trade the true, but I never heard that.
Speaker 4: You gotta train it though. If you don't, if you need to train, you have to train the dog. It has to go through, training has to go.
Speaker 2: I want I want a puppy. I want puppy do because I wanted to grow up with the kids. That's what I want. And last wife don't want me to get no dog. Can't She's like, no, I ain't got.
Speaker 4: Nothing to do with no dogs because they shed, they bite up your furniture. It's a lot of work with the dogs.
Speaker 2: Like you get a dog, that's all you buddy, Yeah, that's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Lastly, we got to go to basketball. Wives all right, you want to get your fan or not yet?
Speaker 1: M tea see me over here with my teeth, putting my honey in the fee. Now I really was over here putting my money on my tea. All right now, Hut.
Speaker 4: Last night on Basketball Wives, things can't watch you watch?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: When people were talking about this now, things became tense between Basketball Wives star Brooke Bailey and Jackie Christy.
Speaker 2: You know Brooke Bailey too.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Christy was talking about how good of a friend she is and how good of a friend she's been. Well, child, tell me tell me something about Brooke Bailey.
Speaker 2: Didn't like that.
Speaker 4: Brock Bailey said, you sit here and you see how great of a friend you've been to people.
Speaker 2: But I really feel like you're not. You ain't selling me this.
Speaker 1: I know why you're telling me a friend because you don't even really watch this show. See the other little shows you be watching. You really be into those, but you ain't really into this.
Speaker 4: Listen Brook went on to say that Jackie never reached out when her daughter passed away. Okay, remember when her daughter passed away. Her daughter passed away in a car accident a couple of months ago. Her healing energy out and I believe it was Memphis.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 4: The rest of the ladies sided with Brook and say that they expected more from Jackie.
Speaker 1: She claims that she is the leader of the group. She said she didn't reach out to her, she didn't do anything, and she is not the friend honey that she says she is. Now, I don't watch this show, but that is terrible. If you and a person, a friends, man, and a person's child passes away and you don't reach out, you are a terrible, terrible human, or not not a terrible human, but it's definitely a terrible friend.
Speaker 4: But if somebody does pass away, it's hard to have that conversation after you said, but after that, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: You don't have to do anything, And moments like that is when you're supposed to just sit back and listen, you know what I mean. And you're supposed to be there for your friend when they need you. You don't have to do anything. You know, you send your condolences, you send your flowers, and you wait to see what your friend's next steps are, you know, and every couple of days, if you want to, you can send that person positive energy, loving like that's it, right, you know, don't do stupid stuff and ask them like how you doing.
Speaker 2: Tell you mean how I'm doing?
Speaker 8: My child just died.
Speaker 1: I don't have no stupid as question like that. Just be there for people. That's what I get it. Grief is tough. Grief is tough to deal with, and it's tough to deal with people who are actually grieving. But it's because human beings have a nature to always want to try to solve a problem. You can't do anything in that situation. You cannot fix that person's problem. Only thing you can do in that situation is be there for that individual when they need.
Speaker 4: You tell them child, That's what I'm talking about. We're playing with us up here, and that is your room or report. All right, we just sitting there playing with our fans. That sounded weird, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Chana Mayne, Who are you giving that donkey too?
Speaker 23: Man?
Speaker 2: For after the hour?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Cause we talk about dumb ass parents. You know, dumb ass parents raise dumb ass kids. Right, Yeah, I got a couple dumb ask prayers for you. You wanna talk about it for after that hour?
Speaker 3: Alright?
Speaker 2: I got a couple whoa we gonna do?
Speaker 3: You need?
Speaker 16: Ay?
Speaker 2: Mama too smart?
Speaker 1: Now you follow they dad, You're gonna get some trouble all right, dog and days up next to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Good morning the Breakfast Club, Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Answer for a chance to win a VIP trip to see a live Nation concert in the city of your choice. Concert week is May tenth through the sixteenth, twenty five dollars all in tickets. Come see all your favorite artists. For entry and rules, visit breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club online dot com. Don't be out here at you like a donkey, bitch.
Speaker 3: It's time for Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy.
Speaker 2: I could take it if you feel out deserve it ain't no big deal.
Speaker 23: I know.
Speaker 2: Charlottagea god going honestly say his mouth. You got to say something. You may not agree with them.
Speaker 1: I'm who's getting that donk, that donkey that don't don't't donk the other day right here.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club, bitch. You you can call me the donkey of the day.
Speaker 1: But like I need no harm talk here today for Wednesday made Ti goes to Matt and Nadell Allen, both thirty nine years of age. Let me tell you something, man, I'm tired. I'm telling y'all this all morning. I've gotten eleven hours of sleep, including naps over the last forty eight hours, and for a man born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, that's not good. So if I come across a little cranky this morning, it's because I'm physically tired and I'm tired of you humans. Okay, I totally understand why they, whoever the hell they is, wants AI to replace us.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In fact, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy three over the weekend. Great movie, and I totally understand what the High Evolutionary was attempting to do.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Give the movie away, but it's made over three hundred million dollars globally already, so who cares. The High Evolutionary wants to create a counter earth, a peaceful utopia filled with his genetic experiments. Okay, more of the story. He wants to replace you humans because y'all really don't know how to act. And Matt and Nadell are absolutely no exceptions. See Matt and Nadell believe in something called unschooling. Okay, they have three children, and they say they don't want to force their three kids to learn to read or rights. I should have had Bishop Tdjakes. I should have asked them does he think Jesus is ever really coming back? Because I mean, why would he at this point? Okay, not only would they not force their kids to read or right, they even allowed him.
Speaker 2: To set their own bedtimes. Envy.
Speaker 1: They said, the kids have no fixed schedule are meal times. I can't make this kind of stuff up, even though I wish this was made up.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to the mom talk. Please, we do not worry about them not being in school.
Speaker 23: I would worry about what they were missing out on if they were in school.
Speaker 1: Actually, they completely opposite.
Speaker 23: A conventional education, i'd say, is definitely failing a large majority of children right now. So to then, you know, go and accuse someone the opt for a different way to be irresponsible is ironic to make.
Speaker 1: A Dell Allen, Ladies and gentlemen, I actually agree with her and regarded the schools being able to properly educate kids.
Speaker 2: Are finding non conventional ways to educate kids.
Speaker 1: I think it's so many other things that you have to teach your kids at home because they simply won't learn it in school.
Speaker 2: I've even thought about homeschooling my kids for a.
Speaker 1: Variety of reasons, but school definitely teaches your kids the basics, and can we talk about the basics.
Speaker 2: There's no world, any world, not this earth?
Speaker 1: Are the five thousand super earth that exists out there was someone with common sense would agree that us not teaching our kids how to read and write is a good thing.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you understand level of privilege that one must come from where they can say, hey, I don't even care if my kids know how to read or write, they will be fine. I am from South Carolina, born and raised a state that passed the first law was prohibited teaching slaves to read and write. It was illegal to teach slaves how to read and write. You would get fined and sentenced to prison if you taught slaves how to read and write. I can understand people having reservations on teaching slaves how to read and write because there was a punishment for it. But now we live in a world where people are willingly not teaching kids their kids how to read and write because they believe in what they call child autonomy. Matt Nadel, your kids are gonna be stupid. They gonna be so stupid that they're gonna go to the dentist because they're bluetooth not working.
Speaker 2: All right, let me tell you something, man, kids are kids for a reason.
Speaker 1: I don't care how smart your children seem to be. They have no idea how to make good decisions.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: As parents, one of our number one jobs to help kids develop the skills they need to keep themselves safe. How are they gonna take heed to any warning signs when they can't even read the warning on the signs?
Speaker 2: Okay? I know y'all all.
Speaker 1: Want to be progressive and you're letting your kids pick their genders and sexualities, which I think is also stupid. But do you really want your kids to identify as a literate Okay? How they gonna pick a pronoun when they don't even know what a pronoun is? Okay, Matt and Nadell said one of their kids didn't pick up a pen to start writing until they were ten.
Speaker 2: Ten.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, You better in school your kids, because if you're not gonna teach them how to read and write, this is how they gonna say when they get called on the reading class.
Speaker 8: Okay, So let's all open up. Our reading is fun.
Speaker 2: Books to page sixty nine Danny maybe.
Speaker 5: Once that that there what was a good, good, good girl who want.
Speaker 2: Want can't read.
Speaker 3: Air today, Junior.
Speaker 1: Nothing is more terrifying than reading out loud in class, and it's terrifying for kids who know how to read. So imagine what your little dumb the dumb dumbs are going to experience.
Speaker 2: Okay, your kids are gonna be.
Speaker 1: So stupid that they're gonna walk around a library for an hour looking for Facebook.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't claim to be the highest grade of weed in the dispensary. Know, Am I the strongest avenger? If you're new to the breakfast club. That's just my way of saying I'm not the brightest. But I do know that reading is not just fundamental, it's critical. You know that there are families out there struggling with the fact that their kids can't read. All right, there's all types of reasons why kids can't read. Some folks have a family history of reading. The learning issues dyslexia. Doctors have learned over the last twenty years and there's a heavy genetic component to reading difficulties. In this case, for these poor Islan kids, it's all genetic because their parents are too damn woke and need to get some sleep just like I do.
Speaker 2: Please give Matt nadell Alan the biggesty hull.
Speaker 3: Mmmmmm.
Speaker 2: No, you don't want to play. Nope, I don't Actually you don't want to play in Nope. Not.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know what they are, the amount of privilege that is in this story that you could just say, Hey, I don't want my kids to read or write. It's okay, I'll let them figure it out on their own. You shouldn't know what this is. We shouldn't even have to play a game, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Well Caucasia, I know it was gonnay.
Speaker 7: Gonna say.
Speaker 2: You know that, I just, you know, want to play. All right, Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Donkey of the day, shot to b et. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Everybody else, the people, everybody else. Let's let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 3: During the room.
Speaker 4: As we tell you about Robert den Narrow seventy nine years old, welcome to seventh child.
Speaker 1: We're asking, what do you think is that too old? Too old to what to have a child. No, it's not too old to have a child. If your penis still.
Speaker 4: Work eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. But the life expectancy for men in the US is seventy three.
Speaker 2: He's over exceeded expectations.
Speaker 4: Right when seventy nine. But but you know, it's do we get zea far. It's not like I don't know if the child was planned. It's just that his penis still works. He's still getting it.
Speaker 1: And how old is the baby, mama? That's the question that we need to be asking. We don't know do you know that? To have questions that we need to be ask That is the question, is that too old? What is your thoughts? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Expectancy life expect to see in the US for women is about seventy nine, eighty years old.
Speaker 2: For men at seventy you're thinking about the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: That man penis is alive, And well, I don't care about winning man supposed to die. Okay, Now that's that's what I got to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Who go throw the ball around with the kid? Whore gonna teach him how to act? Whoever he paid to do it?
Speaker 3: Damnit?
Speaker 2: We're talking about talking about? Is the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Aboarded the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's topic time called eight.
Speaker 20: Hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody, it's DJ Envy, Charlomagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now if you just joined us, we're talking about Robert de Niro. Now, Robert de Naro, we gotta say congratulations. He welcomed his seventh child at seventy nine years old. So we're asking eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred five eighty five one oh five one do you think seventy nine is too old?
Speaker 2: Charlemagne?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think seventy nine years old is to what too old? No? I cannot wait to get to seventy nine. I have a baby.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm not even thinking about the baby aspect. I'm thinking that this man's penis still works at seventy nine years old, like I mean, alive and well right, and of course you know, men can I think man can have babies for as long as they're alive and as long as.
Speaker 2: Your penis work. As long as I'm.
Speaker 1: Not even looking at it from the aspect of you know, he had a baby, I could care less. He's seventy nine years old, He's got his money, he's wealthy. I don't know who the baby mother is, but God bless her.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: His penis still works, his brain still works. That's all I want at seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Years old about the penis stuff? What else is it about this compensation? That's crazy? What else is this about memories? What do you mean? Do you know many movies he got for his child to grow up watching? But who canna play softball with him? Whoever he pays the play?
Speaker 1: So whoever plays the play, whoever he pays to play basketball.
Speaker 2: I don't know how old is a how to put a condom on? He don't need one to put a condom on at that age. He's a kid. You'll learn all of that stuff as he gets older.
Speaker 1: All I'm simply saying is, are you saying that he's too old because he could pass away and he wanted to be here for the baby correct he could die?
Speaker 3: Oh what would saying?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I say I'm tired, But I think you crossed those bridges when you get there.
Speaker 4: You can't cross that bridge because you can't when you die, you can't come back.
Speaker 2: You meet him at the crossroads. He won't be loan less. Hello, Hello, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 12: Joanna?
Speaker 2: Joanna?
Speaker 4: Joe Joe Joe, Johanna.
Speaker 2: There you go. What's what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I want?
Speaker 12: So I heard when Charlamagne was saying that, you know, Robert never kids is going to be good because you know he's well off. I understand that completely. But when my father had me, he was fifty three and my mother was twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Damn y did yes?
Speaker 13: Diane Porto rican right on the nose.
Speaker 2: That's right, stupid. Ain't the stereo type of it's true? If it's true, okay, but what's so go ahead, mama.
Speaker 3: Talk to us.
Speaker 12: So I'm just saying, like, I'm as far as you know in ten years Robert than in the public self. You know, I won't have his dad around. My father passed away when I was twelve.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't care.
Speaker 12: About the money he left and anything. I would rather have my father around for lessons, for love, for different type of reasons. So it's like, is not really just because he has money that shops from the grow up without a father because he's old, Let's be real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the reality is that kid was obviously meant to be here, you know what I'm saying, Like, clearly God has a plan for that young child that's coming into the world. It's not Robert De Niro's fault that he's seventy nine years old still out here having sex and having babies. What are you supposed to not off at seventy nine years old?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Coming them?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this drag? What's up?
Speaker 3: Drake? Talk to us?
Speaker 13: I think it's a little too old man man, he said, when he gets.
Speaker 3: A little older.
Speaker 2: I don't think he meant to do this, y'all. Y'all are making it y'all. Baby, he knew what he was doing doing it. He already had six kids. Yeah, but he wasn't thinking about that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be thinking about that as seventy nine, you know what I mean. I wouldn't be thinking I'm about to have a baby.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this Teresa? Hey Teresa, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 14: Mama?
Speaker 13: I think that's definitely too old. I want to because I just that current situation about maybe almost a year ago when he was sixty soon and I'm only thirty years old and living together for almost five years.
Speaker 2: So you wanted a baby.
Speaker 4: He's sixty two, and you were like, you don't want to have a baby just in case he dies, because he's getting up there in age, and you want to make sure that the man.
Speaker 13: He was down for it though. But I just didn't feel like it was spirit to my future children, right.
Speaker 2: Is that the man fault?
Speaker 1: I respect you, and I'm gonna tell you why I respect you, because that is true. Is it the man's fault or is it the woman's fault? The woman knows she's laying down with a seventy nine year old man. Later, you laid down with a seventy nine year old man. You should be thinking about stuff like that. And this man get me pregnant, you know what I mean. He's not gonna be a for the child, and you should be thinking I might get this old man a heart attack, that's what.
Speaker 7: That's the what.
Speaker 13: No, he was very healthy, he had absolutely no health issues whatsoever. But still I just didn't think that it was clear. Some of our future children that you know, their father's gonna be eighty years old, and what can you do? What can you you kids?
Speaker 3: Play ball with them?
Speaker 13: You can't take them on tripp games.
Speaker 1: Y'all saying all of this, But then next year, twenty twenty four, you're psib ain't gonna be running for president.
Speaker 2: Y'all ain't gonna be thinking about that.
Speaker 1: And Trump and Trump up in age too, Trump about seventy seven, seventy eighty.
Speaker 2: Damn self. Now there's a lot of there's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: I agree now rather than narrow seventy nine, I'm not gonna say she said old people can't go on vacation, Yes they can, Like what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of healthy.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely nine years eighty year old that go on vacation, that still have sex.
Speaker 2: That's you do everything.
Speaker 1: If I'm seventy nine, my penis still work and I'm definitely still going on vacation. And Donald Trump is seventy six years old. Okay, So I want you to keep all this same energy next year when it's president your election time, and you got old and older running.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five. When we're talking about Robert de Naro, we got to congratulate him. He welcomed his seventh child. But we're asking seventy nine too old to have a baby. Let's talk about it. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's.
Speaker 3: Topic time.
Speaker 20: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Talk about it, everybody.
Speaker 4: It's dej nv Charloamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. If he just joined us. We're talking about Robert de Naro. He's seventy nine years old and he welcomed his seventh child.
Speaker 2: Let me see when Robert Narrow turns eighty? What does it matter? You looking to get it all wrong?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Why am I looking at this man? You should be saying to yourself. Damn, his peanis still working at seventy nine. He's still shooting the club up at seventy nine years old.
Speaker 4: Oh his birthday is in August. So here about to be eighty this year?
Speaker 2: Drop wing the clues bombs.
Speaker 3: For that old Gmail.
Speaker 2: Please God give me eighty years old and the hard Peters.
Speaker 3: Please, please what you want?
Speaker 2: You want to be eighty and a hard Peters? That's kinky, bro. I can't. Please God, let me make it the eighty years old and still have a hard penis. Thank you God, Please God, you know what I want.
Speaker 4: Please, we're asking Is that too old? Charlemagne's over here praying for hard Penis.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: Hey? Shot from Brooklyn? Seventy nine? Is that too old to have a baby?
Speaker 15: Definitely too old?
Speaker 2: Come on now, that's ridiculous. We ain't talking about women now, we're talking about men.
Speaker 15: It's still too old. You just if you can reproduce research. But who you who's raising the child? Not a seventy nine year old.
Speaker 2: Man, That's what I'm saying. I don't know how old the mother is. I don't know how old the mother the baby mama is.
Speaker 1: But still the dad gotta be around. He will be adding ding the dances and all that stuff like you gotta be around.
Speaker 14: Hey, man, he got like another five years life.
Speaker 2: Come on now, don't put that on him. Don't put that on goodbye? Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this man? Hey?
Speaker 2: Good morning, bros? What's your you were talking? Robert de Narrow?
Speaker 4: He's seventy nine, he just had a seventh child.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 9: So anythime, he's just part of his legacy, my legy in order to have this so without the high school is seventy nine? How do we criticize a lad for he's part of his leggy Vian.
Speaker 15: So get that man alone and go listen to shown up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure damn you cut him up we start promoting his music.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know he got a point and another thing I was thinking saying here what he said? He said?
Speaker 1: He said that you know something about legacy and let people have their legacy. But the thing is this, you can have a baby at twenty five and don't know if you're gonna be here tomorrow. Yeah, so what are we talking about here? You know what I'm saying Like, I mean, I get what y'all get what I get what y'all saying, But you know, everything don't have the perfect plan attached to it.
Speaker 3: Buddy, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Troy Johnson from Seattle?
Speaker 4: Hey, Troy Johnson from Seattle. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 15: I think he should be uh supportive by everyone and.
Speaker 3: Having a child.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with it. I don't even know what they people upset about.
Speaker 1: Well, he has his other kids of fifty one, forty six, twenty seven, twenty seven, twenty five, and eleven.
Speaker 2: And I bet you they have ni more erect out this function than they daddy. Shut up, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Christian Jay Christian, good morning to talk to us. Robert than Narrow, old brother, what your thoughts man?
Speaker 9: I think Robert and Narrow is too old?
Speaker 15: You having kids?
Speaker 3: Well you read that. We waiting to hear him say again.
Speaker 2: He's waiting to hear him.
Speaker 15: I can't hear.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, good talk. Just eighty years old, man, he's already seated.
Speaker 14: His life is fixed, and I get that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, his kids will be fantastic the table.
Speaker 9: But all this kids want their parents.
Speaker 15: That's what I gonna have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his kids, especially if you have a son, gonna have something to look forward to. He's gonna be like, damn, my daddy was still shooting the club at club up at seventy nine years old, almost eighty.
Speaker 2: My genetic's gonna be good. One will call hello, who's this Brian? Hey, Brian, what's going on?
Speaker 15: Not a thing? Not a thing, and just enjoy and listen to y'all this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother.
Speaker 4: Now, what's your thoughts on Roberts and Narrow seventy nine? Welcome to seventh child.
Speaker 15: Oh you know what I think? He as long as he's able to take care of it.
Speaker 9: What the game is all about?
Speaker 2: No, still got to be there for you.
Speaker 3: Gotta be there for you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he got to be there for you, being there for the child, of course. But as long as he's able to take care of his kid, that he's all good.
Speaker 1: I don't like y'all shaming this man because you see women getting pregnant at fifty something years of age, and ain't nobody saying nothing about that. You know what I mean, And people know how dangerous that can be. But now all of a sudden, the seventy nine year old man have a baby, and it's a problem.
Speaker 2: We'll get you.
Speaker 1: Seventy nine year old woman had a baby. I think it'd be a be a miracle.
Speaker 2: That's what it would be. It would be a problem. It would be a damn miracle. What's the what's the point?
Speaker 1: The marrow of the story is. I'm just happy that this man Peens worked at seventy nine years old. Y'all looking at this all wrong. All I want when i'm that First of all, I need. I want to be that age, please God. I want to be absolutely that's number one.
Speaker 2: Number Two. I want my brain to work correct.
Speaker 1: Number three, I want my penis to work, Yes, but I'm not shooting man milk all over the place.
Speaker 2: You know what that just sounded crazy? Would it still be milking?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: Dust like powdered to add some water to it to get to turn it into some liquid. Goodness, great God blessed that man, Robert than nail man his foot all of seventy nine years old. Seventy nine year old doctor who penis still works? What if he using anything he had honey pack, honey pack or the guy camp. I don't know something all right now when we come back, we got your room and report. Soldier boy, big soldier. He has some words for little Dirk and NBA, young boy. We'll get to that next.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Everybody j NV charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Let's get to the rumors through my hasset.
Speaker 2: My hat out of name or you gossip been when you chatty.
Speaker 3: Is the Hoover report.
Speaker 17: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This were the tea.
Speaker 7: Spells right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you want your fan or not, but we're going real Housewives of Atlanta. I'm definitely getting my fan, let me get mine what we got about our h o A.
Speaker 2: All right, now watch that though I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is about Kim Zoliac and her strange husband Kroy for the party that's right now. Remember Toy used to be in the NFL. He retired, him and his wife got married. They were on Housewives of Atlanta. They left Housewives of Atlanta. They got their own show. Now it was reported, after eleven years of marriage and four children that the I r S says they owe a million dollars in unpaid taxes.
Speaker 2: Dam So she divorced because she don't want get caught up in that.
Speaker 4: That's what people are saying, allegedly that that's the reason why they are getting a divorced. They still say, they're saying that they still living the same house. Now, Bethany Frankel, you remember Bethany Frankel, Right, come on, that's the homie slip to Bethany Frankel. Well, she got on her Instagram yesterday and she had some things to say about them.
Speaker 3: Child.
Speaker 14: So Ziak and Croy are getting divorced.
Speaker 2: And I've heard all.
Speaker 18: The rumors about the foreclosure and bringing other people into your life and highlighting it for years on TV. I did it for a short time. They go with you in when it's happy and everything looks great and everyone's coming with you. When it goes down to the abyss and the ship pit, slum Dog millionaire style. They've always been people who seem like they're spending more than they have, and the thing is, you can't spend more than you make. And it's the Old Housewives model to get on the show. Make no money, spend, spend lol, Lolo car, car, house house. You're right in checks you can't cash and it's gross. It's like, what's wrong with America? I heard Kim and kroy oh a million dollars each, and it's like.
Speaker 8: Good, pay the irs. You gotta pay. You want to play, you gotta pay.
Speaker 1: If you got it, if you want to play, you gotta pay. It's not to mean like Bethany is saying, it is better to have money than look like you have money. That's what I took from that.
Speaker 4: Yes, correct, But I will also say we don't know what this situation is. Sometimes the irs will will come at you because of what they think and not necessarily what they know.
Speaker 2: Is sometimes you have to fight about of course.
Speaker 1: That's why you got to have a good financial advisor. Keyword good, great, good, trustworthy financial advisor, counting accounting attorneys, Luthor, Humbling Laura, and My Financial People, dropping the clues bombs for Humbling Laura, Lifeline Financial, Great Black People, and also by the way to.
Speaker 2: Luther Bethany Frankel.
Speaker 1: I used to go on Bethany Frankles show a lot when she had a show, the daytime television show, and she actually is the reason I named.
Speaker 2: My podcast Brilliant Idiots.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, because I was doing her show one day and she was talking and she goes, You're like, she said, you say like the smartest, dumbest things. She was like, You're like a like a brilliant idiot, and I was like, oh, okay, yeah right, that's why we named the podcast Brilliant Idiots. Okay, well, I got a shout to my guys, to Eric Lee over Intrinsic Out in LA. They really helped me with my stuff. Now part of some Fontaine, He wrote a poem for Meghan the Stallion and talked about their relationship. Let's listen to the poem.
Speaker 3: You want to.
Speaker 16: Make Money Made Love and Memories You want to pay house sleep of all the amenities. You want acknowledgement for your braver not sympathy. You want to be held tight and kiss gentily. You want to be freedom for yourself without penalty. You want that chemistry. You want to originally be hurt, not just pretend to be. You want what you deserve. You want the actions. Tell to do the words, shoppers aligned, you had one with the universe. You want to celebrate without occasion. Then restaurant, the conversation. You're a the healing kind of girl. If I'm not mistaken, I'll pay you a attention to detail, a little observations.
Speaker 3: Now you got money, goals, bodygals.
Speaker 16: Everything is falling into place for you, like Domino's. You look just as good in your clothes as out your clothes.
Speaker 3: Let's get you out of those well.
Speaker 4: He performed that at the Poetry Lounge and lost angels. Now he didn't say Meghan the Stallion's name, but everybody said he was clear he was referenced party party.
Speaker 1: I then told you, bro, go to therapy, right, I thought the party this a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Go to therapy. You know what I'm saying, Do the work on yourself and then marry that woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, when a woman got you out here getting you Darius love hal on, When a woman got you out here getting your Darius love hal on, and you go into poetry slams and you quoting poetry, it is time.
Speaker 2: To put a ring on it. What know you doing, young man? That's right.
Speaker 1: And lastly, Soldier Boy is upset that Little Dirt and NBA Young Boy are dropping albums on the same day as him and Soldier Boy got this to.
Speaker 2: Say, gonna do?
Speaker 7: Y'all would have been scrapped.
Speaker 3: Y'all would have been fault to cut it out.
Speaker 7: You've seen the.
Speaker 24: Announce My Mother album and the next day you announced your album.
Speaker 2: So get what you're lame?
Speaker 3: You're talking about Little Dirt?
Speaker 24: Were you scariest? If you're gonna fight young We're gonna fight him scary as.
Speaker 2: And the next day you're gonna hop on him.
Speaker 3: Talk about you?
Speaker 24: Almost here, man, you almost lame?
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna scrap on What y'all gonna do? Other than that, I was just back and forth, sneak this is gone with this?
Speaker 3: What y'all playing?
Speaker 24: Y'all nil doing all type.
Speaker 3: Of weird man? Stop playing?
Speaker 24: Maybe twelve Episoldier sees for an outset of little dirt and.
Speaker 2: Young boy at the same time.
Speaker 24: Y'all trying to drop because y'all seen me drop after this, I don't want to see no more dropping on the same date as me on gud.
Speaker 2: And that is your room more port, you tell them big, so.
Speaker 3: Just start shooting.
Speaker 2: Shot shot violent. Give me episodes about promoting violence.
Speaker 4: Give me never one soldier, but y'all they gonna never make it out the hood broke.
Speaker 2: That's motivation. That was motivational, all right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, It's not for you to say I was born than nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Soldier boy rocks. I just don't I don't like I don't like them encouraging violent stuff. Don't encourage beef amongst the young brothers if it's competitive, and you know you're saying I'm outside them cool, but don't tell them y'all ain't gonna do nothing each other when you see each other?
Speaker 2: Did you take SOLDI I don't know, man, I'm just listening to the words.
Speaker 1: Soldier boy, the big soldier, soldier, big sold jigs, the little soldier now that he'll never be a little soldier.
Speaker 2: You hear me all right?
Speaker 4: Well, that is your rumor report. The people's choice mixes up. Next, don't move, it's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: It's tough to find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open role. With ZIP Recruiters, matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs. Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com. Slash Breakfast Owning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let me salute to Tasha Hilton.
Speaker 2: Of course, will be et.
Speaker 1: Today's a birthday, Hey, Happy born day, Tashaha.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday. Enjoy your day and I'm sure we'll see you soon. And also salute to Bishop td Jakes for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: To the good brother Bishop td Jakes. Make sure y'all go get his new book, Disruptive Thinking. I'm telling you, man, it's a phenomenal read. It's a quick read. It's only like two hundred and thirty and forty pages.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: But we live in the world right now where.
Speaker 1: Everything is new, and I think everybody's still calling plays out of an old playbook. So you need like some disruptive thinking for real, like you need a new playbook. You need new ideas, and I think Bishop tdjas is presenting a lot of those in this book. So make sure you go get that man. And thank you to everybody who came out to City College last night. We had an event, a disruptive conversation with myself and Bishop Tdjakes suit to my man DJ D Nice, he was providing a soundtrack. Man, Thank you to everybody who came out. Y'all sold City College out. Man bought a bunch of books from the Bishop, So thank you all.
Speaker 4: Right now when we come back, we got the positive notes, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning Owning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club again. I just want to remind you guys. May twenty eighth is my call show in Memphis. Also June eighteenth, which is FA this day weekend, we're going to be out in h Town. So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. And we do it for community. So we want you to bring your kids, your parents, your grandparents. Is gonna be rides and activities for the kids. There's gonna be a lot of stuff for adults. It's just a family fund day.
Speaker 2: In the city of Memphis. Give you props for having it. Yeah, so yeah, shout to the City of Memphis.
Speaker 4: They actually put out earlier today they were saying that the city has a lot of teens and kids riding around in these cars doing spinouts and donuts and riding at excessive speed. So they're saying, you know, they need more safe activities like my car show that's coming to Memphis where kids and teens and people and families can go to. So salute to the Memphis Police Department for talking about my car show. And yes, it will be a safe, family fun day and I can't wait to see you. My whole family comes out there too. So there'll be gaming trucks, and that's what it's for. We don't want to overprice. We try to make it as affordable as possible because we want to see families. I know how expensive things are these days, so I couldn't see myself charge you an excessive amount of money. I just do it because I enjoy it and I love to see you guys. Out there. So I know ticket start at nineteen ninety nine, So I can't wait to see you. Kids five and under a free So bring the kids, bring the families, and we're gonna have a lot of fun, all right. So I can't wait to see you again May twenty eighth, and Father's Day h Town is June eighteenth.
Speaker 2: That's right, sir Charlamagne. You got a positive note, that's right.
Speaker 1: The positive note is this man is from Christian Bossy and I want you to repeat after me because it is mental health Awareness month. Man say, I will not live life based on my past. I will not live life based on my parents' past. I will not live life based on my grandparents' past. I'm breaking generational curses today, Breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Bit y'all finished or y'all done.