Speaker 1: Welcome back, and the NBA Playoffs.
Speaker 2: Have truly been, for lack of a better word, amazing. He did heat and the seven seeded Lakers each of three and one as of this recording, and just total fist fights love best in the other two matchup.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be Those series might be over by the time, y'all they're hearing us, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I could be a very happy little chat. But we'll get into all.
Speaker 3: Of that, like little pantaloons with like his socks piked up to his knees and he's.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll have to talk about book and everything else with journalists and longtime NBA writer Jared Wade on today's podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm Miles Great and I'm Jack O'Brien and this.
Speaker 4: Is Smiles and.
Speaker 2: Dad driving Spinny Curry a three punter.
Speaker 3: Steph Curry from Downtown again. Be honest with the tail look out no shirt.
Speaker 4: Time, won't you go honest?
Speaker 2: Welcome back one and all all of our wonderful boost these listeners, and welcome guest Jared Wade.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show Man. It's really good to have you. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you for having me. Been a fan for a while and happy to be on oh.
Speaker 3: For a while. Wow, fan, Miles, we have a fan in the house.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: But I like how much how professional we are that someone mentions their fan and we're like there's like a beat of silence. I'm like, all right, tell us, oh man, uh LaVar, you burned us, burned us man. So you came up a Celtics fan and now you're not a Celtics fan.
Speaker 5: What happened was a Pacers fan.
Speaker 6: So I grew up in Maine and like, ok, I'm probably maybe saying same age group as y'all probably, but you know, back in like late eighties and stuff, you really can watch that many games, right, So I definitely watched like the late Larry Bird era more than anything.
Speaker 4: Sure that I was a.
Speaker 5: Fan and all that, I don't really had a team at that point though.
Speaker 6: I think the Celtics were like too good for me to like jump on their fanwagon.
Speaker 2: You know, wait, like when you were younger, the appeal of a winning team never caught You're like.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know, it's so weird.
Speaker 6: Everyone who like loves success and Lebron and even like the Jordan era took that over.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I never really liked the.
Speaker 6: Team that was winning, like it was when I was growing up, like the Cowboys and the Yankees, like you were lame if you were a.
Speaker 5: Fan of them, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, so I did.
Speaker 6: And then I remember the Celtics played the Pacers like three years in a row in the first round and I think it lost in five every year, like they were never close. But I started like them, and then Reggie came up and I just became a Pacers fan.
Speaker 5: That's like someone that didn't wow the team.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. I don't know too many Pacers fans who like chose Pacer fandom. But you mean not being Indiana, Yeah, not being from Indiana. Right, that's pretty.
Speaker 5: There's not many of us. I've met like three in my life.
Speaker 1: We have a support group. We all get together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 6: What part of mean did you grow up in Central Maine bangor area?
Speaker 2: Ohor yeah? I used to play I was a very competitive ice hockey player as a kid, and so yeah, I used to take regular trips to New England to play hockey. I don't ask how a black and Theese kid was playing hockey in Burbank California and ended up in Bangor, Maine.
Speaker 1: But it was happening.
Speaker 6: Well, specifically, I grew up in Orno, which is where like Alfond Arena and University was, so that would probably where you.
Speaker 3: Would have played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly, exactly, yeah, man, xactly this man, Ye, get your hockey hair out. But Jack, you want to talk a little bit. I know we were talking off Mike a little bit about some some recency bias we're seeing analysis.
Speaker 1: Do you want to mean that.
Speaker 3: Sure, we can start off like I just I'm a victim of this too, but I'm just seeing a lot of I mean, the Lakers series is a great example where I consumed so much commentary from like really smart basketball analysts. You're I talk about Zach Lowell lot, not because I think he's like bad, but because I think he's very smart. And I listened to him and you know, re read him a lot, and he basically was calling it a rap after Game two. He was like, that's like the Warriors have figured them out. Like, I don't know what the Lakers could possibly do. The Lakers are a one way series. They cannot score. Lebron is basically cooked at this point and it's just I don't know, like that that's fine. It's also weird to see. And it's also like underestimating Lebron James, which is never a good gamble. But yeah, it just it does seem to like undercut what is so exciting about this, which is that these are actual people and it's not like a math equation where you have one team figures one strategic thing out in one game and it's over from that point for like or something.
Speaker 1: You're like, whoa, it's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the one team I would say that can be true for is a Lebron James team because he is so shrewd and just like calculating and figures things out. But like, for the most part, it's it's not over after one team wins by a lot, and that's never been the case in the NBA playoffs, So I don't know, there were I'm also noticing like different people being a little bit frustrated with the cover, Like Eric Spolstra. At one point someone was like, what's your defensive plan for shutting down? And it's just like what, First of all, I'm not going to tell you that, But second of all, like even if I articulate that, Yeah, how can I articulate it? He's an amazing competitor and he's going to And then there was also this like Jokic clip where they asked him before game three, like do you expect their energy to be up now that they're back in their home court? And he was like, no, my friend, I expect that they surrender and they give us the win. Like just like people, I think they're just like a little annoyed with the commentary that assumes like, Okay, so we've figured this out and it's it's it's a chess match, and uh, you you guys have figured it out right, figured them out. I just don't want to hear anyone saying they figured anyone out, because uh, that's just not that's not happening.
Speaker 1: Jared, Are you guilty of the recency bias thing?
Speaker 2: I mean I certainly was. I was like, oh, Devin Book and Kevin Durant have laid down, and I was just like after game two, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was. I was very not good take. But I mean, how are I'm guessing you do this for real? So maybe you aren't as sloppy as maybe I am.
Speaker 6: I mean, I really don't do this for real anymore. To be honest, I'm mainly a fan on Twitter at this point, but like, yeah, I totally by mid second quarter of the Game two Denver Phoenix series, like I thought that was a wrap And then I said, we saw last night, maybe it was right, Like maybe they were the better team, and like good teams just get blown out sometimes, right, Like I mean, the Warriors and Lakers have both gotten blown out. The Warriors got blown out against the Kings. It just I think that's what the biggest thing is, Like the point margin doesn't really matter in any playoff game just because you won by twenty or you won by two. It's I mean, it's cliche, but like you got to get to four.
Speaker 3: Hey, I said, I said in Game two when the Lakers are getting blown out, I was like, this is better that it's a blowout for you. You get to rest your you get to rest your horses, Like Lebron gets to sit back and you know, analyze. And he's been as much as he's not the most impressive thing statistically, like he is probably the thing I've been. Like, I don't know, I'm a I'm a huge Lebron stand so people are probably tired of hearing me say this, but like that people would.
Speaker 1: Forgive you for being an off Lebron James.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like what he's doing in these playoffs is pretty cool. Yeah, I think Lebron James is pretty cool. And that's my take. Thanks folks.
Speaker 6: That's Jack by Sizzler to what you were saying though, when people were like Lebron's kind of cooked. He looks a little below in some games, like he has a bad second quarter and he misses three shots and doesn't do much, but ultimately he's still Lebron James, and he controls games in ways that like no one else can. I mean, yeah, obviously Lonnie Walker won that game for them, but like I don't want to discredit Lonnie, but Lebron gave him the ball and he saw that happening and he just like made it continue to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are some cool things where he like pulled him into like pick and roll action or yeah, like freed him up, got him. Yeah, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Let's start with that series with the Lakers and Warriors, because yeah, I think I mean Jack, we're even talking about this off Mike too, about how like we're seeing just Lebron. He's he's getting into his like wisdom phase now too, where he's like, I don't need to be the most dynamic now, but I can use my savvy to like bring in players like Austin Reeves or Lonnie Walker and like use my outsized influences Lebron James to like give them the kind of confidence that it takes to show up and like, for like, Lonnie put up fifteen points in that fourth quarter, which was a terrible sight for Warriors fans but a wonderful thing for Lakers fans to see. But yeah, I mean I think it is. It is nice to see him, you know, get a little bit of rest. Like who I forget what was like the shortest he was off the court. It felt like thirteen seconds or something. It just came back.
Speaker 3: That was almost comical. They were like, all right, you're back, But yeah, I don't know, Ad looks incredible on d he They just seem to have figured something out and just the mindset of the Lakers team really seems to like have things going in a in a pretty great way. We'll see if like they've gotten blown out and every like the Warriors have figured them out again.
Speaker 2: Right, and it could be a storybook comeback, but we'll see about that. Jared, how how are you looking at that series and uh where you think it's eventually going to go.
Speaker 6: I would never count out the Warriors, We've seen them do too much. But that said, they're getting pretty old. You know, Clay's looking rustier than ever. Coming back three to one is almost impossible for any team, And even as up and down as eighty has been, he's gonna have like one monster game and he's next three, right, even Big Os seven. So I just don't think they can beat a lebron team three times in a row, especially with Ad playing. I mean, he's still what leading the league and block leading the postseason of blocks rebounds. I think even those games where he doesn't score, he's still a presence.
Speaker 5: In the middle.
Speaker 6: And we haven't really seen anyone changing stepfs like finger rolls and floaters as much as Ad has. I mean, just like a bunch of bunnies that he always makes, and he's just like, I don't putting more arc on his floaters or not enough or going too high up the glass, and he's just seems adruptive in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was something that it seems like they figured out and Ham has done an amazing job. I guess I say that like I'm a basketball expert or something, but it seems like he's doing an amazing job. And I think during that game too, like one of the things that people were pointing to is like they need Vanderbilt in there to stop Steph and like that clogs up the middle and makes their offense like pretty stagnant. And they were just they just put Ad on Steph and like that freeze everything up, and that's that's made them. I don't know, it's just incredible that you can put a center on Steph Curry and he can do as good a job as anybody can do on Steph Curry. Yeah. But yeah, we were saying before we start, like your for you, these Lakers wins, for me, these Sixers wins are like far quarters of magnitude better than the days that our children were born. Yeah, we're trying to remain calm and rational, but like off Mike, off.
Speaker 2: Mike, Yeah, I'm saying some things that are getting me in trouble with like my own parents. They're like, I can't believe you would you would hold that in higher regard. I'm like, it's there was a pandemic in between that's been going on. So yeah, my calculus has has changed.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a break and we'll come back. We'll talk Nugget Sons, and then we'll head on to the East Side right after this and we're back Nugget Sons, Nuggets leading.
Speaker 3: Three to two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Game six is tonight. I guess when this episode comes out in Phoenix. I mean, man, Devin Booker, these statistics look really good. Jack, I'm no expert either. Yeah, these numbers look good.
Speaker 3: It's just like the wildest again, Like I was saying this with Jimmy Butler, like it's weird when you can try harder to just like make shots better, just to be like I'm gonna make all my shots in the postseason, because like that shouldn't be possible. You're the defense is harder, it's more tiring, and you're like only missing like three shots like a game. Like, it's his ability to lock in has been crazy, really really impressive.
Speaker 2: And his partnership with Kde I mean, it's like we've seen that really bare fruit like in a way that at first I was not quite believing, but yeah, here we are.
Speaker 1: I mean, but at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, it's he's some kind of wonderful I think, as.
Speaker 3: We always say, he's incredible. Yeah, I'm glad Mbid got his MVP. Now we can all admit Jokic is the best player in the league and just be done with it. Yeah he I mean, in the two losses he's been putting up like fifty points and you know, just having crazy games. What do you guys think? Do you think it's going seven? I'd love to see it go seven, And I'd love to see the Suns be able to deal with the altitude for the first time and like may make a pretty good game of it, because all the games then in Denver have been pretty kind of they haven't been really very close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, as a potentially if the Lakers get out of you know, their series, I would love to see anybody have to play seven on the other side. So for that very cynical reason, I would love to see that. But part of me just thinks Jokic is just he's just jually so good, and I just it's so fun to watch. Like we always talking about all the time, Like he really embodies like Uncle in the driveway kind of basketball where he's just like just so casually like, yeah, I'm bigger and I'm going to make this look so easy. Uh and it's been a bit of a nightmare.
Speaker 3: No, my friend to expect them to surrender. I also, I just I really like that he's got he's got jokes. He's a funny dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think for me, like I was gonna say with Yoka specifically, like I was trying to hold him accountable I think in the last couple of years when he didn't do so in the playoffs, but it was like no Jamal Murray. But it's like, yeah, but he's still supposed to do better than that. And now he's got like the horses around him, like with you know, Aaron Gordon and Order and just you know, just a good supporting cast that's saw And I'm like, oh no, he's real, he's legit, Like he he can just take over a series.
Speaker 5: I think I think he's averaging like a triple double in the playoffs so far pretty much.
Speaker 3: And that tiny horse that he that doesn't doesn't he also do horse racing, Uh, back isn't his.
Speaker 1: His whole off season is just going to Serbia and kicking to.
Speaker 3: The horses and kicking with horses and doing like the chariot racing. I call it a tiny horse, and now I'm realizing it's actually just because I've never seen a horse next to a seven foot before.
Speaker 5: It's a Clydesdale.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and I would just say, like in general, a thing that I've taken away from the Celtics series a little bit and we'll see, but like Jokic's ability to just like distribute the ball and be like he's just seems like he's so fun to play with and like gets everybody involved. And that's the other thing that I've really observed about Lebron is like, you know, he had those first quarters where he like wasn't even taking a shot or was like barely taking shots and just really focusing on getting the rest of his team involved. And like having that ability on your team, like as the as the kind of focal point of your team, seems like a good situation to be in, whereas like with the Celtics up to this point, it feels like they're doing like sort of a one, my two in your turn, my turn, your turn type thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean switching focus to that series.
Speaker 2: Our text threads about this have been so up and down, whereas every time Jam and our watch are like Jack, just give you a little bit of confidence, You're like, nope, I can still see it as completely imploding complete.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's And it's also similar to like everything I see and hear from other like Celtics fans too, like they're also like I don't know, man, I don't know about us either, and it's just funny to see like both teams kind of like I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, but just like a toxic self loathing fan off between the seventy six Ers and Celtics fans, I feel like we're seeing but yeah, I've really seen a lot of myself and the Celtics fans where they're just like after every loss and I'm sick to my stomach. It's a gut punch right right there. They're struggling. I feel for them because I know exactly how that feels, having been a seventy six Ers fan.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's gotta be wild too, because like with the Celtics, like they can beat any team and they can also lose to any team. So having that like duality going into these kinds of series, like, I feel the tension around it. But yeah, Jared, what do you what do you think is is something amiss? I feel like there's a couple of ways people are looking at this series. I feel like the one thing that I hear a lot is like Boston's given it to Philly. They're just giving it away, They're just letting them have it. And on the other side, I'm like, well, Philadelphia is playing like a better team. So I don't know if I don't know if we can take so much away from Philadelphia and then other people it's like, well they got the personnel issues or Mozilla's not he's not picking the right lineups.
Speaker 1: Where do you kind of stand in this series, Jared? What do you see going right or wrong for each team?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean it's tough, it's kind of puzzling.
Speaker 6: I feel like last year, the Celtics obviously won the East and you know, pretty convincingly, and they obviously had the Warriors on the ropes and they were kind of without Rob and a lot of the Celtics fans would have told you last year he was the big piece. Without him, we're limited and then he's back, but he's her. He wasn't fully himself, So like that's kind of what I'm wondering now. I mean, they kind of walked through the regular season, they got Rob in there personnel wise that there's not much difference, Like is it all just Joe? So it just seems like some intangible thing. I mean, again, I'm not a X and o's expert. They're probably doing different things, but I don't I don't see how they're just this inconsistent when this is supposed to be the finish the job year. They just come out so flat getting ready against James Harden. I think people were underrating his ability to still take over. We saw in Game one, right, but yeah, like and beats out there with a leg brace on. Come on, Like, how are they just getting smoked by these guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, finished the job. They did have a T shirt that's finished the job this season, like that was their team's motto. Yeah, it is, Like I guess part of me was baking into my assumptions about this series, which my assumptions were like there's almost no chance the Sixers win. I was baking in Embiad's injury and Hardened, having like a very spotty track record in the playoffs, and Maxy playing badly against the Celtics every time they played the Celtics up until this series. So those are our three best players on the Sixer side. But yeah, I don't know, they've been able to kind of put some things together, and the Celtics continue to do a thing, Like I think there's part of it is like there's something with like the alpha like that. This is the sort of stuff that I usually think is kind of silly, but like the main person on their team who is not their best player, you know, And I guess that's true of the Sixers too, Like PJ. Tucker is like the alpha like person on the Sixers and he's just like in there because personality reasons and toughness reasons. With the Celtics, that's like Jason Tatum, Jalen Brown and Marcus Smart, and like Marcus Smart ends up taking like the big shots a lot of the time, and like that's just not his role or it shouldn't be his role for the sake of the team. All that said, all of the things that ail the Celtics seem really easy to fix. So I just I still think like it's probably easier for them to come back from three to two in the series than most teams that I've ever kind of seen down three two before, but I.
Speaker 5: Would have maintained that pessimism.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was listening to the episode before the series with you Jack talking about it and you had no faith in them at all, and I was like, Wow, listen to this up three too.
Speaker 5: I was like, amazing, still still there. Yeah, the second round as usual, like like just.
Speaker 3: The most toxic parent where I'm like, well, let's see how you screw it up.
Speaker 1: That's your own kid, man. Yeah, I know, but I've seen it one hundred times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's three to two. They're playing at home.
Speaker 4: You gonna have some faith.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were a bunch of bums. Really, No, They're doing great.
Speaker 3: There is like I always I keep saying, like it does remind me of the year the Red Sox finally beat the Yankees, Like there there are just these like weird things where it's like, man, it just seems like it's our year, like this year for like they're just some of the things that have broken the way of the Sixers just inexplicably. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like even like wasn't like Embiad's like first shot like a step back three that like like bounce, yeah, with real goofy into the rim and I'm like, hey, you know what take that?
Speaker 4: You take that?
Speaker 2: And I think it's It's really interesting too, because as those kinds of shots begin to fall, you could.
Speaker 1: Really see the Celtics just kind of crumble.
Speaker 2: It was really and like the garden turned into a library, Like yeah, I wasn't expecting like the enthusiasm to sort of like empty out of there so quickly.
Speaker 3: There's maybe an overall sense that, like the Sixers don't have anything to lose because everybody, all of their fans are like me, They're like, say, they're gonna lose in the second round, that's all right, We're We're happy he got the MVP, and the Celtics came into the season with like losing in the finals was a failure and we need the you know, like there's just an expectation among their fan base and their players, and there might just be like a bit of a tightening that happens with a team like that. That' said they were down three to two to Milwaukee last year in this same round and then came back, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, but they don't have an answer for that pick and roll at the moment, so long may that last?
Speaker 3: Yeah for the Sixers, you.
Speaker 6: Know, and when MB got hurt, I was kind of like, oh no, here we go again. The Sixers two and the Sixers thing. Yeah, but that, you know as pretty much like who are the Celtics gonna play in the finals, because you know that other series didn't seem that serious compared to these two.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean the fact that Embid was able to come back and like get through that injury after missing games and still look this mobile. I mean, it's one thing for him to get buckets and stuff, but he looks like he's moving pretty well. So I would actually be surprised at this point of Boston put it together. They just seem there's just something off of them.
Speaker 3: That is my one hope. I like last week when the Sixers were up one, oh, I think when we recorded, I didn't have as much hope as I do now because it does seem like Embid's getting stronger and we still haven't seen the game where he it's his yeah, where he really just like takes over which and those games they do tend to win. It's not like a thing where you know, there's some players who will like have fifty and their team like yeah yeah, yeah, So it'll be interesting. I will say, though, I'm hearing that a lot that like this Celtics Sixers is like the series that's going to determine who's in the finals. I feel like, speaking of Buckets, Jimmy Buckets might have come into this season with an unfinished business shirt, finished the job shirt. Yeah, under his wig. Yeah, still the coolest thing anybody did this year. I'm waiting to see if anybody does anything in the playoffs that's cooler than Jamie Butler coming in with a long haired wig for media day and just like having keeping a straight face through the whole thing.
Speaker 5: It's amazing. Every every every graphic they put up on screen media photo.
Speaker 3: Every time, it works every time because.
Speaker 5: I forget he did it every time and then I re see it.
Speaker 4: My laugh.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you were you were saying, like, Jared, how do you think, I mean, without casting any aspersions on the the heater Nicks that really the strong the stronger sides are coming out of that other series in the East. But you see any you know, how are you feeling about the I mean the heat do you do you see them you know, doing something, putting something together.
Speaker 6: I mean, I will say I would have said said they probably had more of a chance than I saw Jimmy get hurt, But then like, I guess he's not hurt.
Speaker 5: He's just fine.
Speaker 3: Injury.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you missed the game in the playoffs, and I assume it's gonna linger. But for both him and somewhat for Embi there they seem to be fine.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: But even go back to the hero thing. I mean, they seemed like they were possible when they were beating the Bucks, and it's like, but I don't know, without Tyler hero, like this just feels like someone getting hot at a craps table in some way. I mean, I'm watching, you know, Gabe, Caleb and Dunky like these How are these guys beating anyone they can meet the next anyway?
Speaker 3: They're just out of their mind?
Speaker 4: That is that is that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Because Jabari was bringing this up, is like, is that just heat culture?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: That's just the state ready mentality that you can just be like, hey, they stay ready.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Like the thing I keep seeing with the Heat is first round, what I saw was an individual player imposing his will on a game, unlike I had seen like in ages. But everybody else was like Milwaukee choked. The Bucks are like though, you know, and now we're seeing the same thing where people are like the Knicks are just a limited team and like they're going to lose to Miami because they're limited. And I'm like, maybe the Heat are making everybody look bad because they're actually really good and just did what they needed to get through the regular season and now they're actually really really hard to beat, and so I don't know, it'll be It'll be interesting to see, but I don't I don't think that the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals is going to be easy for either the Celtics or the Sixers. Whether or not I will be rooting for the Heat is the question. But they they look tough.
Speaker 1: Jared Quick prediction before we go to break, who do you see in the finals?
Speaker 6: Nuggets Sixers gonna get the MVP battle.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: I like that that would be pretty I would like that personally, but I like the idea of it, you know, fandom aside fandom.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Celtics Slakers.
Speaker 2: Jack, It's Sixers Lakers, the mad Boost actually Heat Lakers.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see the rematch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, Bubble bubble, bubble two point zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bubble double toil in trouble.
Speaker 3: I'm with that.
Speaker 1: I I want to see. Like I said, I'll say it again, Jack, we deserve it.
Speaker 3: You've been cultures Lakers.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back to just wrap this thing out with the rapid fire round of questioning right after.
Speaker 4: This, and we're back, and you know what that means.
Speaker 1: It's time for the rapid fire round of questions.
Speaker 4: Jared.
Speaker 1: Now, I know you've listened to the show.
Speaker 2: You are fans, so I don't have to tell you, but I will for the first time listeners at home because there are many in the thousands, I believe, actually, because this show is on a strataspirit meteoric rise. This is the fastest question to answer segment in all of sports podcasting. What we're gonna do. We're gonna ask you a question. Don't think about it. Don't expand too much on your answer. Just chest pass it right back. Just keep it quick, keep it tight. And if Jack and I start rumbling and ranting about other things like how much we are more proud of Lonnie Walker the fourth than even Miles Junior, then it'll be on you to say, please, we have to keep this segment moving, and so that is your responsibility.
Speaker 5: Do you accept the challenge? I'm in Okay, good, here we go, Brian start the clock.
Speaker 3: So mean to Brian, It's.
Speaker 1: Just the way I started off. You know, I apologize. I text him right after I said it.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Man. You don't know. You know, I can't control myself in rapid fire.
Speaker 1: Jack, you want to go first?
Speaker 3: I go first. What do you wanna do here? Why do you go first?
Speaker 4: Wow? Again? Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: You're a gentleman and a scholar.
Speaker 3: Jared.
Speaker 2: Eleven of the last twelve NBA finals have featured at least one of Lebron or Steph. If you were to pick two guys to go on such a run moving forward to take that man, who.
Speaker 3: Are you rolling? Yo?
Speaker 6: Kic mm hmm, Jason Tatum Boom, I don't really believe that.
Speaker 7: I don't think I've ever boot now, but yeah, I just I don't know, does Tatum I feel like I'm I feel I feel a statement coming on that I'm going to regret.
Speaker 3: Uh, so I won't say it, but uh, there's heat. I don't know. Everybody's always throwing up those side by side like here's Kobe doing this shot and here's Jason Tatum doing this shot, and that feels inappropriate. That comparison feels inappropriate to me when it comes to like having the sickness that it requires to be like the level of competitor where you impose your will on Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: To quote the great Reddit viral video compared like that. Yeah, and if my grandmother had wheels, she could be a bicycle.
Speaker 5: It's easy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He just seems like a good person, like Jason Tatum, like a nice person, well well balanced person.
Speaker 2: Not the singular focus that you know just puts you at odds with everybody. Yeah, all right, but Jared, what are we saying?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: We got to keep this moving, mad, I really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Is there a single NBA player you would take right now over the chance of taking Victor wembing Yama with the first pick this summer outside of giannis Onto. Takoupa Yannas has just reached out to us and informed us that he wants his name taken out of consideration for this question because that has been the answer that everybody's given for it up to this point. And he said, I'm actually not interested in being traded for Victor Wembingham.
Speaker 6: I would take the guy that I would have said for the last answer if he had been in the East, and that's.
Speaker 3: Luca Luca over Wembanyama.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think I don't watch a ton of guys who are not in the NBA.
Speaker 5: I've seen the clips obviously.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a little injury risk, there's a little everything risk with someone who's not in the NBA. And I think Luca is the real deal. So and just the age thing, right, like the guy like Yo Kichen NB and stuff. They're a little a little too old, I guess to be like a ten year run.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we like Luker around here, definitely. I almost called Jared Luca. I don't know why I got Luker on their brain. Jared, what is your favorite NBA city to visit and what is your must have meal?
Speaker 6: In that town Miami mm hm and maybe some repeubeha wow, good on Cuban food.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, yeah there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: You can take any former pacer and put them on this current group in Indie. Which former great are you choosing to make a run in today's NBA?
Speaker 6: I mean, the best player they've ever had for today's NBA is probably still Paul George.
Speaker 3: Wow that yeah, over wonder over Roy Hibbert. Wow.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I was gonna say, I was gonna say Jermaine O'Neil was a monster. Yeah, years before he got he was man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just want to see Rick Smits against Embiid real quick.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious just to see, like Prime Smith's.
Speaker 2: Because you know, he was always I just I mean not to say that that's the right answer, but I am very because because of how highly shackle I speak of him. I would be curious just to see if you could simulate that what that looks like or if he's just getting absolutely dusted.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but at something.
Speaker 5: I mean, he would get dusted.
Speaker 6: But I mean he's seven to four, you know, like, yeah, he's a big boy, so He's one of the few people you put up next to EMBIID it would actually like look normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And finally, Jared the most important question of them all, Jack or Miles.
Speaker 5: Gotta go with Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 6: He was telling Jami that I I know Jack actually more from Crack Days from that podcast probably.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, we got a ringer, baby, you got You've brought a planting.
Speaker 1: Well, great to have you, Jared. Next week, my mom will.
Speaker 3: Be the guest on the show and kim let me get a winning streak. Kim let me get a winning streak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a full on plant for the next one.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Jared, thank you so much for joining us on Miles and Jack got mad boost He's where can.
Speaker 3: People check you out?
Speaker 1: Follow you and all that kind of good stuff?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: On Twitter, Jared underscore Wade. That's probably the best place for any basketball takes. And then I'm on Instagram, Wade, Jared, there it is photography over there.
Speaker 3: We also asked our Boosty's listeners to vote on the best postseason player so far, and the results are in. We got forty Jimmy, which is who I would have voted for. Jim He Butler jim He yeah, him, He Butler yeah, him hit me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry Himmy Butler yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, twenty eight percent, Booker fifth, Corn, Jokic fifteen say other ad staff, But I think someone's got to come take that mantle from Jimmy at some point.
Speaker 5: It's going to be Lonnie.
Speaker 3: Lonnie Yeah. And you know what I gotta say, Lakers fans are really good basketball fan Like I was having. I was on what was supposed to be like a work call with super producer Sophie Lichterman from Cool Zone Media Behind the Bastards, and she was talking NonStop for twenty minutes about how they need to get Lonnie Walker the fourth more involved and like why isn't he in? And that night he put up like twenty in the fourth quarter. It was really and She's like, I've been talking about this for two months, and Lakers fans are are really good basketball fan.
Speaker 2: He was, he was producing for us, and I was always a big Lonnie fan. And then we kind of he kind of went back of mind. But anyway, shout out to lawn he Walker.
Speaker 1: The quarter God, that's right, we all know about you.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we also asked if we might eventually see a twenty twenty finals rematch. Forty three percent of you said yeah, La would make it, Miami doesn't, thirty percent said yes, twenty two percent absolutely not. In five said Miami makes it, but La doesn't. And yeah, we'll make sure you follow us on Twitter Miami. No, definitely, definitely b w st I. Yes, to follow us where you get all kinds of fun stuff like that. Yeah, that'll do it for us this week.
Speaker 3: Sie Go Lakers, go, Lakers go.
Speaker 1: Everybody you know.
Speaker 3: Go pay, And we just want everybody to have a good time out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if we just cut the trophy up into eight pieces?
Speaker 3: Right, thank you? That would be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, very good, very good.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, well we'll see you next week and hopefully we'll be very happy little chats after that.
Speaker 3: Hope we shall see good day, a good day you Bye bye.