Speaker 1: Okay, so I normally don't give my number out this easily believe that it's true.
Speaker 2: This fast at least.
Speaker 3: But it's seventy five nine too.
Speaker 4: That was very simple.
Speaker 5: Our numbers, I guess our number.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a text number. Yeah, our text number.
Speaker 3: But whatever, Just take what you can.
Speaker 2: Okay, just text in no pixel, but we're going to start the show right now.
Speaker 4: Figuring out what to get your mom for Mother's Day isn't always the easiest thing, but yeah, I'm really struggling this year.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm proud of you for gifting your mom something. I don't know why that shocked me.
Speaker 4: Thanks for that, but well it's great. But what do you get for the mom who Facebook messages your coworkers every night at three in the morning with a random photo of herself competing on the Gong Show back in the nineteen seventies. That's a good gift for that.
Speaker 2: I liked that picture that she said. I thought it was cool. Maybe frame that the photo that she already has, Yeah, okay, copies.
Speaker 4: What do you get for the mom who secretly sets her son up on a Jewish dating website without asking him and fills out the entire questionnaire about what he's looking for romantically. What's a good gift for that mom?
Speaker 2: Free membership?
Speaker 3: Did J day?
Speaker 4: You know my mom up with other guys.
Speaker 6: No, it's just so she could more dating applications are not necessarily for her.
Speaker 4: What about for the mom who frequently asked, Hey, how's Kristin Bell doing? You took a photo with her at the radio station that one time, nine years ago. You still talk right, No, I don't talk to Kristin.
Speaker 2: Bell mom an autograph, but we do still talk to Dac.
Speaker 4: Also, she's got pretty bad allergies, so can't really do flowers. She's really not into candles and bath bombs and things that smell nice. Okay, doesn't really cook.
Speaker 2: What about like a just even a pedicure. You spy her a small pedicure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a spat package.
Speaker 2: You don't want answers.
Speaker 6: She doesn't really like to relax, Okay, Okay, she don't.
Speaker 4: See any ideas with your suggestions at seven, eight, five nine too. While I'm gonna go on eBay see if they're selling any signed photographs of Kristen Bell.
Speaker 7: With her family there is maybe just get her an Amazon gift.
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't if You're lucky you can write in Jeff on that signed autography.
Speaker 2: Make it look like you guys are still friends.
Speaker 4: We'll see how that goes. Hopefully you all are doing better with your mother's du Look, let's move on though to the shot collar question of the day, and we're going to go right over to digital Jake, Jake, what's our question?
Speaker 2: Well, lately we'll.
Speaker 3: Switch things up with the punishments and instead of just singing and shocking, the last few days we did sombering and shocking where we read random obituaries while getting a jolt from the dog shot collar. Yes, we had.
Speaker 2: A listener actually request us to do it another day.
Speaker 3: But today we're switching it up again. Whichever team loses will be punished with a special mystery sip and shock. Oh, I've grabbed a random item out of our breakroom fridge that may or may not be expired, and you'll have to take a little sip as you get shocked. Of course, we can only do that in a brand new cap or no cap with you. Why is everyone excited? I'm having a great time.
Speaker 4: Let's start with alexis.
Speaker 3: The most popular chimney sweep business in London. Is called ash wipe, chimney sweeps, cab or no cap.
Speaker 7: You have friends in London, have you ever heard of chimney sweeps Alexis.
Speaker 8: I don't know if they have real chimneys.
Speaker 9: Wait, like the fake fireplaces now, and they're not.
Speaker 4: A conspiracy sound perfectly right. Chimneys aren't a real.
Speaker 6: Thing, the fake electric fires.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about gas fireplace.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there's still many older homes that have chimneys, and there's.
Speaker 6: A lot of old homes there and they have a good sense of humor, so I could.
Speaker 2: See it being.
Speaker 5: I think we're gonna go with it's real cap.
Speaker 3: Okay, they said no cap and that's no cap.
Speaker 2: We started. I knew it.
Speaker 3: Chimneys are real, Okay, what I said.
Speaker 2: Is what you said you.
Speaker 3: The most popular lawn care business in Ontario is called Mo Money, Mo Problems. That's Mo spelled cap or no cap.
Speaker 4: The Canadians are notoriously funny, but I don't think they're that funny.
Speaker 6: I just don't know if they'd be, you know, are they notorious? B I G fans? Like that's the real question there. It's so good, but I feel like Jake is a bigger Biggie fan than Ontario.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say it's CAP. I think he made it up.
Speaker 4: I know, I do wish it was real, but unfortunately, we're going to cap this one.
Speaker 3: They said cap, and this is CAP. GPT came up with that name overdue Joe lexis the quirty keyboard. The standard keyboard layout we have today was originally designed to prevent the keys from jamming by putting the most used letters as far apart as possible CAP or no CAP.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 5: I never understood the logic of that.
Speaker 2: You look at your keyboard and k looking.
Speaker 5: Down on my keyboard.
Speaker 7: I always wondered why it's not just ABCDEFG from left to right, you know.
Speaker 6: Or I always thought it was just designed like depending on how best your hands move again, because you learn in school.
Speaker 2: Because you.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's because well.
Speaker 2: Typewriters got jammed a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's true. Oh man, that's a good point.
Speaker 7: Maybe they suspected it would be a problem with computers as well.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I could be apart for a different reason, but not that reason.
Speaker 4: With the person who invented it was named Quirdy. So it was just.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with she got the last one right.
Speaker 3: They said cap, and that is cap.
Speaker 5: Good job. I was gonna say no.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was based on the American Morse code language, so the letters they use were put where they could get out of them most easily. So it's not how to get to it. Okay, So it's two undulexis Brook and jeff This is worth two points. You get it wrong, you'll be sipping.
Speaker 2: I really don't want to sip Jeffrey either.
Speaker 3: The us DA says a hot dog is technically not a sandwich. Cap or no cap.
Speaker 5: Great debate.
Speaker 4: I mean this is the classic like radio prep site question that gets asked every single year with like pineapple on a pizza? Is it jiff or give? Should your shirt be buttoned from the top down or the bottom up? With your hands or with your teeth?
Speaker 2: I always go teeth?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The government very.
Speaker 6: Wet buttons classify pizza. Well, that was so that they could put it on the lunch menus. It was like a vegetable, so that they could say, hey, look it, we're giving kids vegetables.
Speaker 2: See there's pizza.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what the definition of a sandwich is for the For me.
Speaker 6: Though, I feel okay, So I think that this is actually true.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what the statement was.
Speaker 3: So the USDA said a hot dog is technically not a sandwich. You're gonna say no cap.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, I think no cap.
Speaker 3: No cap, and that is cap. The USDA says it is a sandwich, but the National hot Dog and Sausage Council disagrees.
Speaker 2: Oh that's who I was following. I love the Sausage camp them too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, Brooke and Jeffrey, you'll be doing the mystery sipping shock on Chabbani coffee creamer expiration date March twenty twenty three, pretty recent.
Speaker 2: Why are we zipping coffee creamer? That's old?
Speaker 4: Found in the fridge? I guess is really good.
Speaker 6: It's not chunky, it's written in red letters.
Speaker 2: It's delicious.
Speaker 3: Doesn't take a sip, and I'll give you a shock when I feel like it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 10: Three?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh my god, that's so thick.
Speaker 6: I think it's vanilla nice in there. That's expire, That's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's still good. Just by the way.
Speaker 8: Question of the day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Has anyone flown recently? Yes, because a lot plane tickets are super expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are, especially if.
Speaker 4: You want to come back. You have to pay the round trip.
Speaker 5: Fair well, Jeff, pay for one way.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, there's sometimes I don't really want to come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check it out. If I like it, maybe stay awhile. But guess what. Apparently there's a way to game the system and get yourself a free upgrade in a way we've never heard before. It happened once on accident, but now one of our listeners claims he does this every single time, with a pretty good success rate of getting bumped up a first class.
Speaker 5: Without already being like a diamond medallion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're you're gonna hear his secret travel trick in a brand new edition of The Mass Speaker at sevent ten. You don't know me concession I can't take back earl arms.
Speaker 10: Mouse speak in.
Speaker 4: A text to seventy eighty five nine two that says, I talk to my car whenever I pump gas, and I say things like don't worry, Daddy's gonna feed you now.
Speaker 8: Wid.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that means you need a kid or you shouldn't ever have kids.
Speaker 2: I can't decide this.
Speaker 4: Well, at least he treats it like his child and not his love.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, Daddy's gonna lift up your hood and check you royal.
Speaker 2: All right, your dipstick away, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I guess it does feel good to put your truth out there into the world anonymously. And we have a guy on the phone who wants to come clean about something in his life. He's chosen Robert as his fake name. So welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thanks, good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, how are you doing.
Speaker 10: I'm doing well. I'm doing well, feeling good.
Speaker 2: Easy going with all these confessions that you got.
Speaker 4: Apparently doesn't seem to bother him that much, but we'll find out. Voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker, Robert. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 10: Okay, so about three years ago, I was really late for a flight. Okay, you know I was really hurrying.
Speaker 2: Oh you're hungover? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 10: No? No, I was hurrying, he said.
Speaker 2: Hurting like I overslept.
Speaker 3: I was hurting.
Speaker 4: Brooke was projecting her onto him. I'm always the reason you were a trash can. But I'm bad.
Speaker 5: That's where I missed before.
Speaker 2: We're going to go with rushing.
Speaker 4: Then you're rushing, you're going quickly.
Speaker 10: I was real, so I just you know, I quickly ordered an uber and I rushed at the airport. And when I got there, I figured out that I went to the wrong airport.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, you're in one of those cities that has two. Now you just know you're going to miss your flight, right, like, there's no you got to lean into it, take a deep breath, and.
Speaker 2: Get over it.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, my driver would game it, because you know, technically it was my fault. I put the wrong addressed him, and he just like.
Speaker 4: The other one.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeow.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 10: We pulled in and I was like, wait a minute, Oh no, I.
Speaker 2: Can't believe he's stuck with you for it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm guessing he's expecting a fat tip and it's more money for the trip, right right, that's true.
Speaker 4: So you had to fast and furious it to the other airport to make your flight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was another thirty minute driving to get to the other airport.
Speaker 6: Man, there's no way you're gonna make it. I'm already having an anxiety for you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my anxiety level is super high. I get to the depth to check in.
Speaker 4: So there's still time to make the flight.
Speaker 10: Well, so they told me I checked in too late, so they had no people.
Speaker 2: Yeah that sucks. I mean did they help you find a new flight?
Speaker 10: Well, so I told the lady at the desk. I told her the whole story about how the cab, you know, I rushed over, I went to the wrong airport.
Speaker 2: And she didn't care because she's heard every excuse in the book.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, because I wasn't hungover, she felt sorry for me, and she actually she upgraded me to first class.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: On the next flight.
Speaker 10: They actually they had an employee take me to the front gate quickly. I mean it was like I was escorted onto the flight.
Speaker 2: And oh wait, you made it.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Not only did I make it, but I was first class.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's all you got to do to get first class.
Speaker 6: Wait, at first she told you that you were too late. Then she upgraded you to first class and you made the flight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it was like the best flight of my life.
Speaker 2: Oh god, God, are you hot or something? Was she hitting on you?
Speaker 4: Don't sexualize me, I wow? Diminishing him just to his looks?
Speaker 2: How did she go from that to that?
Speaker 1: So clearly it's not really a sob story's.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, I was like sweating, I was shaking. I think she really just sort of felt bad for me. And I mean I even showed her my uber charge.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: They were probably like, look, all my main cabins seats are fill. The only thing I could do is fit you into the open seat first. Like that's just good luck on your part.
Speaker 10: Well, now, every time I have a flight, I try to do the same thing.
Speaker 6: No, you try to almost miss your flight and go to the wrong airport.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no no. So I don't go to the wrong airport, but I will tell the story as if I did.
Speaker 7: Oh, like, sorry, I just got back to the wrong airport and.
Speaker 5: I barely made it here. Please help me.
Speaker 3: People say they were.
Speaker 1: At a funeral and don't get up grade.
Speaker 2: You put the wrong address.
Speaker 10: I don't tell them I put the wrong address, and I just say, you know, the cab driver took me to the wrong place.
Speaker 2: Blame it on the little guy. I see.
Speaker 4: So this actually works and gets you free seat upgrades whenever you fly, and you don't have to put.
Speaker 10: Out Yeah about half the time. Yeah wow.
Speaker 2: The other half you just miss your flight because you have.
Speaker 10: To show up late that well, you know, I don't screw it quite that. You know, I go right up to the edge where I go. Okay, all right, so I can. So I still make my flight, but half the time I'm flying first class free a charge.
Speaker 6: Wow, so cool man, that would never work for me.
Speaker 2: I don't think the anxiety is worth the nice see.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: And also I just don't think anyone would care about me being late anything.
Speaker 2: No one ever has in my entire life.
Speaker 4: I want to try this now and see if.
Speaker 10: By the way, don't try this. Don't try to steal my thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, because two hundred people all show up to the airport for the same flight thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Sir, you're the fifth person in the last thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I got the wrong drive whatever text into seven eighty five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. We got your phone tab coming up right after.
Speaker 8: This freaking shif in the morning.
Speaker 4: Today, Brooke poses as a substitute first grade teacher. I can see that he's calling a mom during school hours, and lets see some of the other prank calls we've done in the past. We're gonna attempt to make her do something she normally would never try. But when Brooke puts her on the spot in front of the whole class, she really doesn't have a choice. In your phone tabs on the twenties, Hello.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god you answered. Are you Charlotte's mom?
Speaker 11: I am Hi.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is Missus O'Rourke, and I'm filling in formosus who's out today.
Speaker 2: I'm the substitute.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Your daughter Charlotte's in our class and I'm just in a little bit of a pickle and I could really use your help.
Speaker 1: Is everything okay with Charlotte way?
Speaker 6: Oh yes, I didn't mean to worry you. No, it's actually about another student in class. Yeah, a boy named Dugan, and it's his birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh how can I help? I'm not, you know, anywhere near what?
Speaker 12: Oh what's happening?
Speaker 2: I don't need you to come to the school.
Speaker 6: See the problem is no one told me when I was filling in it was his birthday. So I asked him what he wanted, and he got big tears in his eyes and he said he wanted a phone call from Mary Poppins, his favorite nanny.
Speaker 11: Okay, welly see, and.
Speaker 2: That's where you come in.
Speaker 6: I've been calling all the parents and you're the only one who's picked up.
Speaker 2: So I am desperate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I'm gonna be the best Mary Poppins.
Speaker 2: Oh, you could do it.
Speaker 4: I know you could do it.
Speaker 1: I have a busy birthday.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: It'll only take two minutes of your time and it will.
Speaker 6: Just make Dugan's life.
Speaker 3: All I need you to do is just seeing.
Speaker 6: Dougan happy birthday in a Mary Poppins voice.
Speaker 1: I don't even I haven't even seen that movie in a very long time.
Speaker 2: Dugan.
Speaker 5: Yuess who's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're grabbing him. Oh man, busy.
Speaker 2: It's Mary Poppins.
Speaker 8: She wanted to.
Speaker 5: Wish you happy birthday.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I really don't think this is a good idea.
Speaker 5: I'm putting them on the phone right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Hello, hello, oh oh hello, it's Mary Poppins.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, Well you love me? What do you love me? Of course I love you?
Speaker 4: Sure love everybody is Mary pop?
Speaker 8: She love me?
Speaker 6: Children, settled down, quiet, coyote, everyone.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do you have a blow?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 5: It's freely It makes up and make you fly in this guy of course.
Speaker 6: Yes, he's singing of the birthday song, Mary, singing of the birthday songer Happy birthday?
Speaker 5: Can we go do again?
Speaker 1: Uh? Happy birthday? Happyness?
Speaker 3: That is bad?
Speaker 8: You're a liar.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I make up. You're lovely to meet you a.
Speaker 5: Little early in the morning.
Speaker 6: Maybe and maybe Mary, your accent isn't warmed up as it should be.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yes, well I'm working on it.
Speaker 13: My sad.
Speaker 8: Very enough.
Speaker 2: Back a few too many brandies last night. She's not feeling as perky today as she should be. It's just like my momy Oh.
Speaker 1: Gosh, and Mary would like it up to the pica right now. It's okay, it's.
Speaker 6: Okay, class. Mary just told me that she wants to apologize to you all on speaker.
Speaker 3: Okay, they can all hear you.
Speaker 5: Mary, go ahead.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't watching for your party celebration, but I'll come back again sometimes.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that Dougan's Day is a special?
Speaker 8: Mary?
Speaker 5: You make me quiet?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it's very special. I'm not feeling very well.
Speaker 6: Oh you know what you always say, Mary, what helps when you don't feel good?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: All right, they're asking more.
Speaker 6: And Mary, go right ahead, spoonful of sugar and go.
Speaker 1: Oh my, yes, Okayla's just stoof. You go next, meding, go down, sorry suck.
Speaker 5: Oh hi, Principal one, I didn't see you come in.
Speaker 1: Oh I too well, I gotta go now.
Speaker 6: Oh he may not be a fan, but know who is a fan One of the other room parents, Nicole. Oh, how funny, Yeah, real funny, because she's actually the one who set you up for this prank phone call.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you joking?
Speaker 6: No, I'm not a substitute teacher, and that is definitely not a child.
Speaker 4: And I'm a full grown man named Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Brett from the radio show Broke and Teffrey in the morning. You're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: No, you are such a good mom and a good sport.
Speaker 1: You will be on speaker like in front of the whole class. I didn't know what else to do.
Speaker 6: Gets asking spoonfulish you get to cavl okay do again?
Speaker 2: Yes, spoo, I'm Mary.
Speaker 1: I can't hear you. Yeah, I'll work on that.
Speaker 8: Wake up Everree morning was phone tabs weekday mornings on the Twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, the so called love experts are always saying the best relationships are based on things like trust and communication see but for some reason, they never bring up fear.
Speaker 2: What fear should be your relationship, not.
Speaker 4: Being afraid of your partner, but having a shared scary moment to bond over and build upon. Because that's exactly what brought two of our listeners together for a memorable second date phone call, and not only did it work, but they're actually back again to give us an update on their blossoming fear based relationship. Okay, so let's try and normalize fear in relationships with a bland new second date update update, say a different way you can do it next second d of day. Do traumatic experiences really bond people closer together? I think they do, which is why I constantly try to traumatize our listeners every single day. It's working, Jeff that way, they feel closer to us and they keep on listening and become attached in an almost unhealthy way. That's my goal for the fans of this show.
Speaker 5: Were traumatized out there because we.
Speaker 4: Love you, and one of our listeners says she went through a dramatic experience recently, and I can't wait to hear what that was. So Nicole, welcome to the show. And is the dramatic experience listening to us in the morning, Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 11: No, that frightens my day.
Speaker 12: Actually, we're not doing our jobs.
Speaker 10: Then.
Speaker 2: I just wanted you to scream in response to Jeffrey, just there it is, there, it is.
Speaker 3: That's what we were now.
Speaker 4: So tell us about the guy that you ended up meeting during this traumatic experience.
Speaker 2: What happened totally? What happened?
Speaker 11: Well, it kind of feels cliche, like something from a sitcom. I don't know. We actually got stuck in an elevator together, like from those parking garage elevators up to a business.
Speaker 6: Oh oh good, it was up to a business because the public ones kind of smell like you're in not sexy, and.
Speaker 4: The elevator stopped by itself. Or did you hit like a button to make it stop because you noticed he was cute?
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, I was no, no, no, it just stopped on itself.
Speaker 4: How are you feeling when that happened?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 11: No, it was not fun. I mean at first I was just like, okay, it's a little.
Speaker 12: Hiccup, but then it just stayed not moving.
Speaker 2: No, how long were you in there?
Speaker 11: It was like close to forty minutes all told.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I don't really consider myself claustrophobic, but you know, those parking garage elevators are pretty small.
Speaker 2: Totally. Was it just you and him in the elevator or other people in there too?
Speaker 1: No, it was just us too.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're like at least a hot gentleman.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Sorry.
Speaker 4: What was the guy's name that you were stuck with?
Speaker 11: His name was Sean?
Speaker 4: Okay, and how was Sean doing? Was he also pretty scared?
Speaker 11: No, he seemed really chill about it, super calm. Yeah. And he just kind of like introduced himself and was like, oh, you know, we just SAPs all the time. You just pushed the call button and wait for help.
Speaker 4: That's kind of to say to somebody.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, it's quite possible. He just said that to try to make me feel better because he could see the panic on my face.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so he seemed like a cool person too then.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and so he just started asking me about you know, like where do you live? And oh, his family close? Tell me about your siblings, you know, just.
Speaker 2: We just kind of did use.
Speaker 11: Totally yes sing song just like that.
Speaker 4: That's a better idea than what I had in my head, like where do you live?
Speaker 3: Film?
Speaker 4: No, it sounds like he was being like just trying to help you relax a little bit and think about something besides the fact that you're stuck in Yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: Well, and you have a guy who's like asking you questions, interested in learning about you too, Like, were you guys able to actually kind of.
Speaker 2: Hit it off?
Speaker 11: Well, when the elevator finally did start moving, you know, as we stepped out, he asked me for my phone number. That's that's not necessary, right, And we texted the next couple of days back and forth, you know, just laughing about the situation.
Speaker 13: And did he ask you out finally, No, he never actually did, but I did say, you know, we should go to a restaurant some time without an elevator.
Speaker 2: You know, that's funny how there's his response.
Speaker 11: Just nothing, just he's totally ghosted me since then.
Speaker 6: Oh well, maybe he just didn't see it the same way, did you? I mean, did you find out is he single.
Speaker 11: No, I didn't get any like relationship details from him. I just assumed he was single at the time because he asked for my number.
Speaker 2: But girl, you had forty minutes to check out and see if there was a.
Speaker 11: Ring, so single minded focused on one the situation and then two just trying not to freak out.
Speaker 4: When most people go into survival mode, they're not checking to see if they have like an engagement.
Speaker 2: Ring an elevator.
Speaker 4: She was.
Speaker 5: When you're scared like that, I think that, oh my god, we're gonna die.
Speaker 4: But you know what, we're gonna This is weird that he hasn't talked to you. We're gonna play a song. We'll come back. We'll call Sean for you. There's a chance that he might actually be stuck in another elevator, because he says it happens to him all the time. He's been in there for a whole week. We're gonna be the heroes. But we'll find out in just a minute when we do your second date update right after this. Okay, all right, hold on.
Speaker 8: Update.
Speaker 6: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how.
Speaker 2: The couple is doing. Right after you here Part two.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners, Nicole got stuck with the guy in an elevator, and we're about to call that guy. But she's lucky that she wasn't stuck in an elevator with me, because I'd be taking out ceiling tiles, punching a hole right through the top of it, and then telling Nicole, hop on my back, girl, we're climbing this cable to freedom. And afterwards, as we're standing on the rooftop and the helicopters about to land and take me off to Antarctica, Nicole says, but wait, I don't have your phone number yet, And that's when I turn around and I toss her a wink and I say, yeah, you do check your contacts. It's under mister Mystery. Oh je I slipped it out of your pocket between floors seventeen and eighteen. Don't be a stranger, kid.
Speaker 2: Boom, you're still talking so long.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 7: For some reason, the building would have exploded as you take off in the helicopter.
Speaker 4: It happens every time.
Speaker 6: He's the real hero here, Jeffrey or mister Mystery. Thanks sorry, who's not very who's not very mysterious.
Speaker 4: Well, how optimistic are we here, Nicole?
Speaker 11: I mean I feel optimistic. We were totally engaged.
Speaker 2: And you don't use that word when we talked about might freak about?
Speaker 4: I mean, I know you're optimistic, but may I remind you he hasn't called or texted back in close to a week.
Speaker 3: Reminder.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's pull the fire alarm in the building and call this guy.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I am not buying tickets to this movie.
Speaker 10: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Let's call Sean and see what he has to say. Hello, Hey, are we talking to Sean?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is Sean.
Speaker 10: Who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. But some know me as mister mystery.
Speaker 2: We're still doing this, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to waste your time or anything here, but one of our listeners has been trying to get a hold of you for like a week now, so we're hoping to connect.
Speaker 8: You to.
Speaker 12: Who are you talking about.
Speaker 4: It's a woman that you got stuck in an elevator with not too long ago, named Nicole. Oh okay, okay, yeah, okay, Well, we do this thing called a second date update. That's what this is. Technically this wasn't a date. But Nicole was very grateful for what you did for her while you were stuck in the elevator together.
Speaker 12: So why I'm on the radio.
Speaker 6: I thought maybe you guys had something like you could there was potential there.
Speaker 2: Did she read that right?
Speaker 12: Maybe initially, but like not really.
Speaker 4: I mean, can I ask you did you find her attractive at all?
Speaker 12: Yeah, she's cute. It wasn't This isn't like a superficial thing. She just the more we're in there, she just started confessing things and it was just too much. It was a lot.
Speaker 2: It's not like her deathbed. She was sharing memories with him.
Speaker 4: What do you mean confessions?
Speaker 12: I don't know it her deal.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't want to air out her stuff on the radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's I mean, that's nice of you, but like you don't have to tell us the worst stuff that she said there. It could be something even little that struck you as being a little bit odd, because she knows by doing this segment, she might hear something that's a little bit embarrassing.
Speaker 12: That that's that's fair. I mean she did call you, yeah, something about when she was little she's like an extra piece of pie at Thanksgiving when her grandma wasn't looking like her grandma really wanted that piece of pie.
Speaker 2: It was like a confon.
Speaker 4: That's cute though, that's I didn't realize she was such a bad person.
Speaker 2: No, wonder you're not calling her back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean that's where it started.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a cute memory.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like started from kids stuff and then like went progressively older, Like she was in middle school and she made fun of a kid at school that wore sweatpants and called him sweaty Scottie. Oh I think it was Sweaty Scottie. Yeah, it was something like that.
Speaker 4: I mean it is pretty well.
Speaker 11: I really can't hear anymore that we need to stop here.
Speaker 12: Oh oh god, Okay, shoes on the line, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sean, That's that's kind of how this works. We usually have them waiting and we call them in when it's the right time.
Speaker 11: Usually, well, I just I can't. No, we're not gonna We're not gonna share anymore.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: The thing like, you just feel bad about sweaty Scottie because we all do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, it's just it's been on my conscious and I just don't need anything else air right now. But more importantly, I'm just I'm confused, Sean. You're not calling me back because I was sharing weird stories?
Speaker 10: What I mean?
Speaker 11: What was I annoying you with them?
Speaker 12: Or it felt like you might have boundary issues?
Speaker 11: Boundary?
Speaker 2: Is that mean she doesn't know what not to share? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: And like, I don't really know you, but you also led with like the worst aspects of yourself according to you.
Speaker 4: If you think taking pie at Thanksgiving is like the worst aspect of somebody, that's pretty heavy.
Speaker 12: Oh, do you want me to share more?
Speaker 4: Or was that enough?
Speaker 12: That was sweaty scotty enough?
Speaker 4: I mean, I kind of want you to share more. It doesn't sound that bad.
Speaker 12: We could talk about the time she sidewiped apart car and just didn't leave a note. We could talk about.
Speaker 4: That, Sean. If that's how you felt about her and all those confessions turned you off, then why did you ask for her number?
Speaker 11: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 12: I was worried about her. I just wanted to make sure she was okay.
Speaker 3: I'm not a monster, not a monster like she is.
Speaker 11: But I don't understand, And like, why did you keep texting me. I mean it was more than just hey you okay, it was like three.
Speaker 4: Days of text I think that's what it really is. Sean. You actually like her more than you realize.
Speaker 11: I did hear you. You said you thought it was cute.
Speaker 4: Oh tell us, I did ask you that, and you said you thought she was attractive.
Speaker 12: I don't see how that's relevant to her side swife and cars and calling people naking, Well, you are.
Speaker 4: To get away with stuff like that.
Speaker 6: No, is that she felt remorseful. That's why she was telling you these things. It's not like she was like some crazy that.
Speaker 2: Didn't feel bad about it. We've all done bad things.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I agree. I agree, it's just you generally find out about those things like later after you got to know a person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but now it's all on the table. Isn't it better to have all this information?
Speaker 2: If this is as bad as it gets.
Speaker 5: Does it get worse?
Speaker 11: I mean, I made out with the mailroom guy at the company holiday party one year, and that's not bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, why are we talking about all all the old stories from Nicole's past when what we really need to be focusing on is the two of you and the Yeah, the relationship. I can see forming between you guys.
Speaker 5: At least you guys are really good communicators.
Speaker 11: And just for the record, I mean it was an extraordinary circumstance. I was a little panicky. I'm sure I overshared things that would never normally happen on a first date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sean, I think you need to go and share these stories during a real first date.
Speaker 3: Well, son of a.
Speaker 5: Church, I can go to a confessional.
Speaker 4: Yeah, down the road. It's a really funny story that could be cute. Or you say no and you traumatize her even more. And this is a horrible memory that haunts her forever that she's going to.
Speaker 10: Do.
Speaker 4: You want to traumatize her, Sean? Is that what you want to do? You're putting her in an elevator and you're hitting the panic button right now. If you say no, there's no pressure here.
Speaker 5: But we really would like you guys go out again.
Speaker 4: Don't listen to or else.
Speaker 6: It's better be to be with someone that overshares than doesn't share at all.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Sean, I'm in let's do it.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna be cute. So what terrible memory are you going to share with her? Sean to make her feel better.
Speaker 12: No, I'm under no obligation to do this, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: It looks like we should do a three way call with the mailroom guy. Yeah, this interesting.
Speaker 11: Now we're getting spicy.
Speaker 8: It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I wasn't sure if those two would actually meet up again. But look at this. Sean and Nicole are back on the phone today. Sean, you actually put your concerns aside and met up with Nicole.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I did good.
Speaker 2: That's so big of you, Sean, big of you.
Speaker 4: How to go?
Speaker 12: Well, we went on a second day provided by you guys.
Speaker 4: You'll pass back soon.
Speaker 10: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, we don't make them pas, okay, but they do have.
Speaker 2: To tip on their own.
Speaker 6: I always worry that our couples are tipping. Maybe not a bad name, but that's on a side.
Speaker 4: Anyway, how did date to go?
Speaker 10: It was great.
Speaker 12: We really hit it off.
Speaker 10: It was really good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's on the phone. Does that mean why did.
Speaker 4: You guys want to update us?
Speaker 12: Well, after about a month, I decided, you know, like for our one month anniversary, I wanted to surprise her.
Speaker 6: Oh god, okay, surprise I mean it's a four week anniversary.
Speaker 5: But you don't need an excuse.
Speaker 4: What happened for the one month's surprise?
Speaker 12: Well, I took her back to the elevator where we were trapped together.
Speaker 2: Why to give her PTSD?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, Sean, I need to take over. You're doing such a bad job of telling this.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 11: So he just loads me in the.
Speaker 12: Car and says, I've got the surprise.
Speaker 11: For you, Like, I have no idea what was happening. And he pulls into the parking garage where you know where we met and leave me.
Speaker 1: To the to the elevator.
Speaker 11: I'm like, what the doors being open and inside there are like two tiny little chairs and a little like picnic table.
Speaker 6: Oh god, that's actually really cute.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And he had packed like cocktails and a shaker, and we just like rode the elevator up and down.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you should have hit the emergency stop and just say, okay, we.
Speaker 5: Got ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Did strangers get on the elevator with you guys?
Speaker 8: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, people were like they needed to.
Speaker 11: Use the elevator, and we got a lot of weird looks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it. I would love going at an elevator in the middle of the day. I love it.
Speaker 2: So things are good now, you guys are like full on in it. What are we at now? A couple of months?
Speaker 12: Yeah, a little over a couple of months, right, all right?
Speaker 11: Yeah we're going strong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going then, Sean, maybe you can propose to her inside that elevator one days. Maybe you'll conceive it that moment happens in that elevator. We're happy for you to keep us updated, all right.
Speaker 6: And post us in any pics you had of the elevator date. That's I love it.
Speaker 4: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning, A cake mistake that broke the Internet?
Speaker 6: How did you not rhyme the last word of That'll rock you awake withounting?
Speaker 4: Plus, if you've ever received a weird text message from one of your parents, then you can be part of the newest trend that's blowing up on TikTok. It's all coming up when we do a brand new.
Speaker 8: Shot.
Speaker 4: It happens at a ten. I went to karaoke with a few friends the other night, so sad about it, and I forgot the lyrics to the birthday song what heck? So I had to google it.
Speaker 2: They're literally written down for you at karaoke check.
Speaker 5: Also, how do you not remember the Happy Birthday song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a pretty low moment for me. I looked it up. You know what I found? I found TikTok click even lower with TikTok click.
Speaker 10: Time.
Speaker 4: We're all shocked at how many clicks that viral video has been getting. Got some of the biggest tiktoks in the past week. Get right to your first TikTok click shocked, which is from a TikToker by the name of Brianna Romero. She goes by the Moniker at Brinny Cakes. She's a baker, got.
Speaker 5: A big old anyway, I thought so too.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 4: Follow up well either way. Her video was about a recent order that went wrong at her bakery in the most hilarious way, been viewed now over eleven million times. It all started when she got a rush order from a lady who DMed her asking if she could make an Emo cake, and she was thinking, yeah, of course, I love Emo, I love goth. That's too fun and pretty simple.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah I will.
Speaker 2: It's your fall up boy cade.
Speaker 4: Plus, Brianna had been perfecting her black frosting recently, so this was a great opportunity to use it tested out, so she made it, and right before the cake was set to be delivered, she reached out to the client and she asked if they wanted a number candle to go along with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The reply was yes, it's for my granddaughter. She's turning four.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wait, that's a little rocker granddaughter.
Speaker 5: How she emo at for?
Speaker 4: Though, That's what Brianna thought. It was a little weird because she doesn't know if any other EMO four year old girls.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'd love to see them all hanging out. I feel like if anybody's EMO, it's definitely toddlers, I mean honestly.
Speaker 4: But she thought, you know what, maybe the girl likes the show Wednesday from the Adams Family, watches it with her older siblings or something, trying to reason it out. So she just's that one more message saying if you don't mind me asking what's the theme of the party, and the woman replied Sesame Street. And that's when Brianna splowed back and she realized she misread the first message. It didn't say EMO, it said elmo ca. So with less than an hour before the delivery was supposed to go out, Brianna rushed to her local Albertson's grocery store and begged the bakery for an Elmo cake topper to add on top of the black Emo cake to cover up all the you know, skulls and pentagrams on there.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine if it was instead of took me Elmo, it's just cry me Almo.
Speaker 4: Here's the final result after she got the Elmo topper. Here's the picture. So, like I said, eleven million views on that video, thousands of comments with people thinking it was absolutely hilarious, and a lot of them asking for a full goth reproduction of the Emo Elm Goth.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, Sesame Street goes goth.
Speaker 4: So she made that she did?
Speaker 2: Really please tell me has a nose piercing.
Speaker 4: This one has a blurry Elmo on the top, rocking side bangs hanging over one of its eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting for Elmo to flip his head so that the bank.
Speaker 4: We got to get these photos up on our Instagram at Brook and Jeffery. But again, people loved it, and now Brionna's bakery business is blowing up because.
Speaker 2: Of this I want so mad Elmo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she goes to graphcause she's never had anything go viral on TikTok ever and accident Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Still does good work. You can tell your.
Speaker 4: Job so Emo Elmo for the wind today. That was a TikTok click shot. Your next TikTok click shot is actually a new trend where people are sharing the weird, funny text messages that they've received from their parents.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Yeah, this is Jose every day in the cibout his dad.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even have an official name or hashtag, but most people who participate it add a snippet from the song Butterfly fly Away, which Alexis knows is a Hannah Montana song.
Speaker 2: You want me to sing you a bit of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go for it?
Speaker 3: Hand to play the butterflies fly away?
Speaker 6: Yeah? About reading Rainbow a party in the USA. In the USA, Yeah, they say butterflies fly away.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you're talking about.
Speaker 4: The song says butterfly fly away on here. But that's not the important part anyway. One woman named Elizabeth posted a message that she sent to her dad over text, saying, Hi, can you talk. I'm having a panic attack. Oh and Dad's response golfing, do a push up, love you.
Speaker 2: He's got a focus, so that father shot.
Speaker 4: Another girl named Emma posted her screenshot that says, Dad, I think someone's breaking into the house right now and I'm freaking out. Yeah, so what's Dad's reply? Oh gosh, thumbs up emoji.
Speaker 7: It look Speaking of thinking of finger emojis, recently, my mom, dad, and sister were in a group text together and my dad was just telling my mom, Honey, I'm on the way home if you need anything from the store, and my mom replied with the middle finger emoji.
Speaker 6: I just love that your parents are texting the group family chat about what they're ongoings are.
Speaker 5: I don't realize that they're not texting each other. It's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Another text is from a dad who's trying to be cool here and he's laughing at his daughter's joke and puts skull crossbones emoji. Skull crossbones emoji. Then the word sleigh spelled like Santa's sleigh, although if anybody does slay it is Santa.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Those are your TikTok stories for the day, Broke.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if you would remember a guy named Sam from Tacoma who played you two years ago and he lost, so he's owing one against you all time and ever since then. Sam says he has been watching Instagram and Facebook for random facts just so that he could come back and take you down. That's how important this is to him.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's your excuse for beat on social media, Sam. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got money on the line.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, Sam.
Speaker 6: Have you found like one account that's more random facts than others?
Speaker 12: No, I've just been watching as my knee as I.
Speaker 2: Could, Okay, all right, and just trusting that they're true.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sam hasn't gone to work. He's been neglecting his family for two years just so that he could come back. And I'm proud of you.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: Let's send Brook out of the studio while that happens. You know how the game works. He got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you have to beat Brooke out right to win. Are you ready? Yes, this is your moment. Your time starts now on this day. In eighteen fifty two, Lonnie Clayton became the youngest jockey to win the Kentucky Derby. How old was he.
Speaker 12: Sixteenth?
Speaker 4: In what video game? Would you find four ghosts named Blinkie, Pinky Inky, and Clyde Peckman. What liquor is taken out if you order a virgin bloody Mary Loka? Xerox developed the first ever laser printer in what decade?
Speaker 10: Mateen?
Speaker 4: What animated Disney movie has the most sequels?
Speaker 12: Toy story?
Speaker 4: Oh, Sam, I am very very proud of you. That was a well well done round. Let's bring Brook back into the studio. And while he's been researching random facts on the side, Sam has also apparently started his own business.
Speaker 5: Hey what is it, Sam?
Speaker 12: Yes, I do photo buttons like the fair, except I could put any picture on there, and you know, any title as well, like Mother's Day, Father's Day.
Speaker 6: What's a photo but like a button then you put on your clothes at the fair?
Speaker 10: Yeah, like the big one like the fair.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, you make us a custom button for Brook for Mother's Day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, world's okayest mom put it on there.
Speaker 5: On there.
Speaker 6: Yes, again, I'm not your mother, so we don't. Yeah, you don't need to do that for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, you feed me?
Speaker 12: I could put one one because I tied the score up there?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, controller with this, I'm calling a shot right, just poke it, Brooks, you're turning, you're ready? Yeah, your time starts now on this day. In eighteen fifty two, Lonnie Clayton became the youngest jockey to win the Kentucky Derby. How old was he?
Speaker 2: Fourteen?
Speaker 4: In what video game would you find four ghosts named Blinky Pinky Anti in Clyde? What liquor is taken out if you order a virgin Bloody Mary?
Speaker 2: Uh? Bloody Mary vodka.
Speaker 4: Xerox developed the first ever laser printer in what decade?
Speaker 2: Fifties?
Speaker 4: What animated Disney movie has the most sequels?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: A linking?
Speaker 4: Oh got the answers in time over the scoreboard to see how you've all did with hose.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I've never gotten a package, just peake.
Speaker 5: I've always wanted to have a huge package. But Sam, you did good? You got three? Correct? Today?
Speaker 6: Bro are recounting toy story is Disney because it's Pixar.
Speaker 7: Well we I can't confirm we are and you only got ten?
Speaker 4: Congratulations buddy, one and one all time. Now you can go say hi to your friends and family again.
Speaker 2: Oh shut upright, Sam.
Speaker 5: A giant beer? Sam, is that you.
Speaker 4: Coming out of his hole in the grown Let's go to the answers for everybody on this day. In eighteen fifty two, Lonnie Clayton was the youngest jockey to win the Kentucky Derby at age fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's in sixteen.
Speaker 10: Right in the.
Speaker 4: Middle the video game with four ghosts named Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde is pac Man. If you're ordering a virgin Bloody Mary, they'll take the vodka out for you.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Xerox developed the first laser printer in the nineteen seventies. And yes, Toy Story is the Disney movie with the most sequels.
Speaker 6: Four movies start as Pixar and then it got bought or is it okay Disney Pixar?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fine, don't argue with the hosts, whatever.
Speaker 2: Brook whatever. There was like three lion Kings. The other two were terrible.
Speaker 7: Sam isn't gonna work in two years something?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: Congratulations Sam. Not only to get one hundred bucks, but just playing you also win a food and fun package for the Taste Northwest happening at the Washington State Fairgrounds June thirtieth through July second, oh nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be your first public outing.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much for playing Sam. Congratulations, buddy, get it?
Speaker 12: Okay yeah on Facebook and Instagram on venden Ventures is my uh title.
Speaker 5: Vend Adventures The E N D Venda.
Speaker 12: Venden Ventures on Facebook and Instagram.
Speaker 5: Okay, shout out to that.
Speaker 4: Go buy your photo button pin and we'll be back to do Windbrooks Buck the same time tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.