Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all all at all.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Don't given them.
Speaker 5: A bus.
Speaker 6: Steve listening to show, I don't joy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Joy, have you got you love?
Speaker 5: You gotta turn you.
Speaker 6: To turn the mouse to turn you probably got to turn the mouth out the word the money up looking.
Speaker 2: Come come out your.
Speaker 3: Ah huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: What an amazing blessing. God has given me my health, my dreams, all of it.
Speaker 2: God gave it to me. I accept it.
Speaker 3: I work hard, but man, oh man, oh man, I work hard. It is something that He gave me a gift. And that's what I want to talk to you about today, because God has gifted everyone, so I can't help but believe it. You are gifted in some way. Something about you is specially and unique. That doesn't mean you're the only one that can sing? Are you the only one that can write? Are you the only one that can draw, You the only one that can decorate? Or you the only one that can network? Or you're the only one that does not what it means, or you have a great scientific mind you can figure things out, or you're good and problem solving. You're not the only one, but you are a unique individual. Nobody will travel the exact path that you on. Nobody will have everything happen in a series of circumstances in the order that you're going to have it happen to you. That's what I mean when I say that you are unique. But now, because you are gifted, you know you have something you have to do. You know, there's a scripture. It's in Proverbs, Proverbs eighteen and sixteen. I've been trying to be a little bit better at that for you, you know. So when I have an idea and I know where it is, I have somebody look the scripture up from men handed to me. So it's in Proverbs eighteen sixteen. And this is the layman's term of it. It says a man's gift make room for him and brings him before great men. It is your gift that will make room for you. Now my interpretation of this is this. Now I could be wrong. Please go to your local church, center, god, temple, mosque, whatever you do, and go get clarification. But what my gift has done in making room for me is I've taken it almost in the literal sense. My gift has actually made room for me. It has clear paths for me. My gift has opened up doors for me. That's what I take it as. It'll make room for you. My gift has has broadened my ability to travel. My gift has opened my eyes to fashion. My gift has caused me to be able to provide for my family. My gift has caused me to be able to reach more people. That's what I'm saying in terms of it will make room for you. That it may be another interpretation. I'm just telling you how I took it, that it has worked out pretty good for me to that understanding. But I'm pretty sure Bishop Jakes, Joel Old, sting kennef Ohm, you know, God, Glenn Staples, Bishop Glenn's Table, these guys give you much better understanding of it. I'm just giving it to you, you know where I know how sold. I don't know. I just like to keep it right there. But and then it says that it brings you before great men. I mean, you know it's gonna take you places. It's gonna take your places you never thought of going. You're gonna meet people because of your gift. I told my son, who two of them are good photographers. You'll be taking pictures of great men. And then I mess with him. You already taking pictures, say your daddy. You know I'm messing with him like that. But that's just me and them, just kicking it. But you know, but one day, who knows, you could be shooting the president. You know, you could be shooting some foreign dignitaries. You know, you could be shooting great sport events. You know. You never know where it could take you. But that's your gift. What you gotta do is you got to get to.
Speaker 2: Move and though.
Speaker 3: See, you can't have your gift and not do nothing with it. See you know what that reminds me of. It's something that my father used to say, get up off your butt because you're sitting on a gold mine.
Speaker 2: He say that all the time.
Speaker 3: Boy, get up off your butt and move it because you sitting on the gold I never really quite got that when I was little, but now that I'm an adult, I got it full well. See a lot of you are sitting. You're sitting on a talent or a gift that you have. You're sitting on an ability. I don't care if it's making cakes or pies. That's a gift, man, that's a talent. I don't care if it's the ability to do hell, that's a gift.
Speaker 2: Man. Half of you are gifted.
Speaker 3: A lot of us are gifted, and we're sitting on it looking at other people, wondering what can I do to make it?
Speaker 2: You already got something to make it with.
Speaker 3: If you would just get up off your behind, man, quit sitting on that gold mine.
Speaker 2: Some of you are tech savvy, just.
Speaker 3: A whiz is when it comes to engineering and putting stuff together and cables and wires and computers and stuff. And now you steady looking around trying to figure out, man.
Speaker 2: Wonder what I can go do? How about you go do that?
Speaker 3: You know it ain't that hard, man, if you were, just take note of what God has given you already.
Speaker 2: He has given you gift already. He has already given you a talent.
Speaker 3: Now the fact that you ain't using it and you sitting on your tail somewhere now.
Speaker 2: Who fathers what we're talking about? What you blaming God for that?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: I tell you what. I sit around people all the time who are gifted, and I'm looking at their gifts, and they steady complaining about what they don't have, but will not get up off there behind and use the gifts that God gave them.
Speaker 2: And it's frustrating.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be frustrating for you if you doing it, because it's frustrating for me when I see it. So when these people come to me and ask me for help, I just keep going the same thing over and over.
Speaker 2: Help yourself, man, do for you use your gift.
Speaker 3: It's a cat sitting behind the wall right now that's locked up. That's so good at artistry. It's cats in that tattooing everybody. Man, get out, do it the right way. Quit selling drugs, man, you ain't going don't know where're selling no drugs.
Speaker 2: You going to jail.
Speaker 3: And if that don't do it, somebody gonna get tired of you selling drugs cause they're gonn wanna sell them over and they gonna kill you.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep this thing real for just a second.
Speaker 3: Here, Come on, man, get up off your butt, because you sitting on the gold mine, and you sit up here, somebody always looking for a shortcut to the top.
Speaker 2: Ain't no shortcut. Somebody told me this the other day. Man, the road to success is always under construction.
Speaker 3: It ain't paved, it's got detour signs on it. It's got slow men working. Sometime they flip the stop sign. You gotta sit there and wait. Sometime they got slow. There's traffic, there's accidents. Somebody on the road holding up things with a flat tie, its nails, it gravels.
Speaker 2: This spike is everything.
Speaker 3: The road to success is always under construction. It ain't getting ready to be easy just because you done decided to do it. But don't sit around on your behind and complain all the time about what you don't have. My daddy said it, Man, get up off your butt because you sitting on the gold mine.
Speaker 2: You got a gift, you got a talent.
Speaker 3: You got something that you can do that could make a way for you, but you won't do it. It is within you. Stop looking around. Here's where people waste the most time on the road to success, looking around at somebody else trying to figure out, Man, how can I do what they did?
Speaker 2: Do what you do? You ain't jay z, you ain't sorry.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of your homies told you you rap better than him, but you not, jay Z, really you're not.
Speaker 2: You know, all of us can shot at him, but we ain't rich at prior.
Speaker 3: A nice shot Steve, Bernie DL, all of we took some great shots at it.
Speaker 2: We not him. Do what you can do.
Speaker 3: Do you do your gift quick complaining about what you don't have, Get up off your butt because you sitting on a gold mine.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 2: Show, ladies and gentlemen, we are here.
Speaker 3: The time has arrived, a new gift from God, another present, another gift.
Speaker 2: It's called now.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Be grateful today, y'all. If you don't do nothing else, show some gratitude. Tell him that you appreciate it. Just tell him that you love it. That thank you, Thank you for waking me up, for giving me this day, for giving me this opportunity.
Speaker 2: Man, it's just filled with so much.
Speaker 3: It's so many great things can happen to you today, and no matter what happens, you gonna get through that too. This too shall pass, just like everything else that didn't happen to you. It passes eventually, don't you get it? You survived it all before, and you're gonna make it through this one, and I'm grateful that God woke me up and give me a chance and let me learn that in my lifetime. Ladies and gentlemen, this is that dog gone Steve Harvey Morning Show. Shall the strawberry calling for real? Missit be Monica Mouth of the South. That's junior government. Name is Kids Brakes, and the legend that is nephew Tommy.
Speaker 10: Oh, I want to know who I won't.
Speaker 3: To know or do who you love? Do you love him? I want to know, I won't to know. I want to know do you love her?
Speaker 2: Do you love it? I said, do who you do? You love him?
Speaker 9: Love the love?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 10: You love him with Joe Hard, with your hold, with Joe heart weir Joe.
Speaker 2: With Joe Hard, with Joe Hard. So we your soap?
Speaker 3: Now, I say, moan, Yeah, I said, moon boy, Jor.
Speaker 11: I'm glad you put the Lord out there for me because I'm kind of scared.
Speaker 12: I'm nervous.
Speaker 11: Because my wife doing things I ain't never seen. Happy forward to marriage.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, First of all, she cooked, Okay, she cooked. Okay, now, now I ain't asked the cook, but she cooked. Then she told me, I was a good husband. Okay, I know some of them now that that that that that she didn't start a conversation last week when I came home, she didn't start no conversation.
Speaker 12: And then she turned the game on and just went upstairs. See something up? I seen snap before.
Speaker 3: You were two things as possible. She either won't something, okay, or she didn't do something.
Speaker 12: U oh, how do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she gonna either want something or she didnet done something. Now, yeah, you go find out and remember you're a good husk. Get your food that you and I cut the game off, remember that?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Oh oh, she sent me up already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what that is though, Okay, and I don't know really which one is better, because both of them can go bad.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The shorter reaction will be she's done something, all right, just for you to get open.
Speaker 1: She cooked coming up.
Speaker 4: Thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew. Is he runs that prank back right after this? You're listening morning show?
Speaker 1: All right, it is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his nef?
Speaker 13: Oh? Well, you know Mother's Day weekend about to jump off.
Speaker 14: Got a little something something for you, get your get your and started for this weekend. That's right here is running that prank back, mister wickens Oh, I said, oh my god, yeah I said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Noticed. I'm not excited.
Speaker 13: I said, I got that right.
Speaker 1: What's the type? What's the name of it?
Speaker 13: Nephew, mister.
Speaker 15: Mister, But we don't have all day. Come on, precious on the air.
Speaker 14: Quill quill, quill, William walk qu wwanda quill? Will get William walk with Wanda?
Speaker 1: Forget it?
Speaker 15: Wow?
Speaker 14: Wow whistling quill? Will will your walk with Wanda?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 13: Whistling?
Speaker 1: Will quill?
Speaker 2: Quill? Quill? Quick?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 1: Will wait quill?
Speaker 2: We will you walk with well?
Speaker 13: Wander Wow whistling?
Speaker 3: Well we we gotta waddle down here to work.
Speaker 2: We gotta wattle down here to work. Wow.
Speaker 14: Man, listen, mister mister Wigan, just play the damn prank man.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hi, my name is George. I'm with Green Lawn Services.
Speaker 14: We came out and cut your yard yesterday and uh we're trying to make sure that you liked everything thoroughly.
Speaker 13: That we cut the front the back.
Speaker 14: We also did your hedges, put some mulch in the fly beds, the weed eating in the whole nine yards. And we also left an invoice on your doorstep. Want to make sure you got that as well.
Speaker 9: Yo, cut my yards, man, I want around man.
Speaker 16: Look, I was trying to forgot who sir?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we cut it as if yesterday you were actually on our schedule and we did everything thoroughly.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 13: I'm actually just calling as a follow up.
Speaker 9: Hell, I get on the schedules, sir.
Speaker 13: Are you mister Malone at fifty Zimmerman?
Speaker 9: Hell?
Speaker 16: No, man, I'm wiggings for fifty man. You cut the wrong.
Speaker 9: House that nigg door man, So I guess you need to put your inmos on their door.
Speaker 14: Sir, sir, you you're not mister Malone at fifty Zimmerman.
Speaker 9: Say, man, I'll just tell you I'm fifty three and I'm missed the wiggers. You don cut the wrong do y'all need to go miss a mister long house to get your cause at you got the wrong No, sir, no ya coming over here trying to money?
Speaker 13: Well, sir, hold on just a second here, you're saying.
Speaker 9: We don't you don cut the wrong Yeah? No, no schedule. I ain't tell you come over here and cut it. And you go over there talking Malone get your money.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 14: So there's no way we can charge mister Malone if we haven't cut his yard.
Speaker 16: Now, let's let's just you need to take over the cut mister Malone. Rdlet's protect memoirs and you ain't cut and sir, sir, won't cut the wrong yord.
Speaker 9: You go cut the right yard and get right. Boy.
Speaker 16: You ain't got you ain't getting this out, Okay, sir, I say this now, I didn't call no out of the cut over here. You go that I to cut his right and get him real.
Speaker 2: Woar, you ain't get I understand that, sir.
Speaker 14: Listen, what I want to say is, uh, well, we'll go over and we'll take care of mister Malone's yard. I understand that we've made a mistake, but I understand. I understood. You say that you did like the services, So wouldn't it be even right for you to actually go ahead and send the invoice in along with the checks since you did like the services?
Speaker 9: Whatever? Did listening like?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 16: Target?
Speaker 9: Because then I just tell you you cut the wrong your You know that cut the right yard and get your money. You ain't got nothing but practice here you've done.
Speaker 14: I understand that we cut the wrong yard, sir, I understand that, But you got the services, and you like the services. I don't want to have to come out there and get the money from you.
Speaker 9: Well, come on after coming, come on at the coming.
Speaker 16: I got something place.
Speaker 9: Come on over here and get your money.
Speaker 2: But you said you like that.
Speaker 16: I wouldn't give it if.
Speaker 9: I said the moon was green. You cut the wrong yard. You go get your money from the right. You ain't getting So I got some place.
Speaker 16: You come on over here.
Speaker 9: You see what you get.
Speaker 16: Cut the wrong trying to get money.
Speaker 9: Money you ain't getting. Now you you can go get you from the right either right that dough, go cut that and leave that paper over there.
Speaker 2: I'm coming over there.
Speaker 9: You want me to start some I start. I ain't gonna come on then do and be charging me no money?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got more heat in hell.
Speaker 16: You want to come get it.
Speaker 2: You got your yard cut, and we deserve to get our money back.
Speaker 16: What you come around here trying to get some money?
Speaker 14: Now, I tell you don't cut and I'm gonna tell you don't make me whoop y'all behind this yard.
Speaker 9: You come home, you'll come home.
Speaker 2: So iur whoop y'all behind in the front yard. That just got cut.
Speaker 9: Man, man and your hand and you come trying to get this money. I'm suching hold on you, don't you.
Speaker 2: I I got one more thing to tell you.
Speaker 16: As you're listening, I don't want hish now you come standing up now, I'm you cut the wrong yo.
Speaker 2: I've got one more thing to tell you. And you listening, mister Wickins.
Speaker 14: Look, this is Lephew Timmy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: You just got pranked. Hello, what.
Speaker 9: Goodiam? Look at you?
Speaker 14: Your boy Gary just branked you many. Let me ask you something though, man, what is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 9: Man, it's the Steve Harvey Morning.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, nephew. Coming up Nextews asked the c L you're listening Hardy Morning Show?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: In entertainment news, we'll find out why Lionel Richie looks so good. Okay, he says it's not plastic surgery. Jay Z probably his three children with Beyonce, and we'll check in with Carla for some music news. That's all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the CLO, our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. This one's from Jamila in Chicago, CLO. Jamila writes, nine times out of ten, my husband is going to get drunk on the weekend and come home and start a fight. He will want to make love afterwards. And how can this be a thing for him every Friday and Saturday night. His sex is best when he's drunk. But I'm tired of this pattern.
Speaker 1: How do I get this drunk to quit this?
Speaker 3: Well, you're the person that can change the package. It takes two people to argue, and it takes two people to have sex, So you know, you can remove yourself from both of those equations, which immediately changes the pattern, at least for you. Now, if he's going to continue to pattern, it'll probably be so.
Speaker 4: Well, alrightyllo, all right, yeah, Moving on to Tanya and Queens. Tanya says, my child's father had his new girlfriend come pick up my child, and he didn't tell me beforehand. I didn't let my child go with this woman. Yes, I know her well, but that's beside the point. Was I being petty or should he learn better communication?
Speaker 3: Well, he has to communicate, especially when it comes to your child. You gave birth to this baby. You ain't got to do nothing you don't want to do with your child. He can't send his girlfriend over there and then not tell you. That's disrespectful. Now you gotta tell this mother she had this baby, that's her child. Yeah, it says communicate. Hey, baby, listen, I'm running so I know you know her. She's really cool. They got a relationship. She got a great relationship with your child. Would you mind if I had her come pick up because I'm gonna be over here, and then it would have fixed it. But you just send this woman over and she finish hand her baby out the door and she salted.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't think that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna work, all right.
Speaker 4: Moving on to Semeon and Jacksonville, Semeon says, I started dating a woman last month, and she told me that it's time for me to chip in financially. And she told me she needed one hundred and twenty five dollars for her nails.
Speaker 1: Is this my responsibility?
Speaker 2: Well, not necessarily. How long they say they've been.
Speaker 1: Dating They just started last month?
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, I don't think it ain't chippy in time.
Speaker 1: Oh when is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's chip in time when I think we invested in one another.
Speaker 3: You know, if we invest in our time, if we in a committed relationship, then it's time to chip into the commitment for thirty days.
Speaker 2: Well okay, well she need to go get a damn nails done.
Speaker 13: Better, get Neil clipper and get them doing herself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not really necessarily the case unless you're committed. If I'm not in the committee, I mean I do stuff. I'll take you to dinner, you know, stuff like that. I'm paying for all that dinners and movies.
Speaker 1: And wante going somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're going to club. We're going out and drink and say, yeah, I got all that tuff coming. No, but if you come in here and tell me it's time for you to start chipping in and I need one hundred and twenty five, well you know you don't take the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 13: You're getting everything.
Speaker 4: Done, so it's not his responsibility. No, all right, last one, Steve. This is from Felipa in Tuscaloosa. Uh, Filippa writes, my husband and I right to work together and he won't let me get coffee in the morning. He told me I need to start making coffee at home to save money. I and withholding sex until he lets me get my morning coffee. Am I wrong or right?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Now the problem is is if you with holding this sex and you still ain't getting that coffee. So I don't know how much coffee cost. I'm thinking three seventy five. You ain't worth three seventy five. Yeah, I'm gonna get you this coffee. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, we're gonna get coffee. Because I don't want to hear it. But you know, you gotta stop making coffee at home. But a lot of people at coffee in the morning is a ritual at Starbucks, at dunkin Donut, it's a ritual for people. It's something that doesn't My assistant can't come to work unless she stopped at Starbucks.
Speaker 2: She can't come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or just in coffee in general, people can't start their morning without.
Speaker 12: A cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: She can't she stops at the Starbucks. It's rich. I think she prais it because she'll be late.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I'm thinking of trained and car her up at the train tracks or something. No, I'm in line of Starbucks. It's a long line to mister Harvey, and be talking to me just as calm, like I give.
Speaker 1: A damn order ready for megs.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's making it's making it. Yeah, it's her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm l yeah, I'm going lined up, get my coffee.
Speaker 3: Man by your girl, this coffee man, right, bro, bruh, bruh, Bro, you're tripping over this whatever this coffee costs.
Speaker 2: Trying to save money, but it's costing big time.
Speaker 12: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Coffee for sex.
Speaker 14: Give you know how much coffee I'm in a half for you. It's gonna be every it's gonna be cabinet in that house, gonna have coffee coming.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Tomas.
Speaker 3: She Finn to get the El Grande Viente Lotte A long day, expressing over they don't take.
Speaker 2: May Day today. Every Tay logo.
Speaker 3: Straight out of Colombia, and lord, no, I'm scared of everything that he is Colombia.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you have a past with them, you do, all right, So just just buy the coffee, right, that's what you're saying, all right, or else he's not gonna get sex.
Speaker 12: He just driving by the coffee shop everymore, and she.
Speaker 3: Mad, but he gonna hold his ground sometimes fellas the walls we be waging. It ain't worth it, man, You need to make your own coffee and save money. Man. Let her go in there and spend that five dollars, six dollars whatever it is for that cup of coffee. Man, that's thirty dollars a week. Man, That ain't your money.
Speaker 13: Dog.
Speaker 2: Let's see, that's why everybody got to have their own account. Okay, a couple has to have their own account.
Speaker 3: So if she want to spend forty dollars a week on coffee, man, that's her business. Show stupid behind driving past that coffee shop. Now she mad every more. She's getting out the car, slamming doors.
Speaker 2: Everything, you know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coffee means that much to her. Yeah, it does a lot of times.
Speaker 11: You wouln't got that cup of coffee, shirt, And when you get back in the car, my shirt off, all ready off.
Speaker 5: I know it's a lot.
Speaker 15: Take what you got, your baby?
Speaker 12: Did they make it right?
Speaker 13: Bay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: That's the short gone.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, clo. Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you. Right after this, you're listening Moore Show.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: So, music legend Lionel Ritchie is pushing back against claims that he's had plastic surgery now. In a recent interview with The Daily Mail, Lionel said he's never been a fan of getting any cosmetic procedures.
Speaker 1: He broke down why he's never been a fan.
Speaker 4: He said, plastic surgery locks you in for that year while you recover, and then after that you can't go naturally. You're staying right there. You try and go back to reset and you can't and that sugar honey iced tea goes wrong. He also added God might not recognize me, so I want to make sure he knows me.
Speaker 1: Lionel Ritchie is looking good? Is seventy three years?
Speaker 2: Oh Mail?
Speaker 1: Well it was great? Yeah he does, he really does.
Speaker 4: Moving on to jay Z, jay Z is probably claiming his three children with Beyonce, but he has all so been engaged in an ongoing battle with a potential fourth child.
Speaker 1: His alleged first.
Speaker 4: Son is taking their decades spanning fraternity case to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: You heard me, the Supreme Court.
Speaker 4: Ramir Satterwaite, who has been claiming to be the fifty three year old son for decade, spoke with The Daily Mail on Monday to discuss what he is seeking from this process. He says, this is not going to be over until justice is served. I just want to live my life. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you heard him. He says, I just want to live my life. And when it's all said and done, I hope that jay Z would want to be a part of my life.
Speaker 1: If that is God's will.
Speaker 4: I won't stop fighting for this until I win, and I will win because the law is on our side. Ramier is hoping that the court documents associated with this case will be unsealed so that he can continue pursuing the justice.
Speaker 13: He six, Kenny Dog, listen to me, Listen to me.
Speaker 3: I've seen him. It's a lot of people look like jay Z. I'm going with this here, man, It's a whole lot of people look like Jaz. Y'all could talk about he looked just like that boy.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? People look like somebody else in this world. Stop.
Speaker 3: You got celebrity doubles everywhere, y'all making all these faces and stuff. That don't mean it's jay Z's son. Where is the woman that's claiming to be the mother. And then it's real simple. This ain't buy no sealing, no court documents. Man, If you take a DNA test and it ain't there, what you want the man to do? You could talk about you he y your daddy. If the DNA say he.
Speaker 1: Ain't, you ain't well.
Speaker 17: He said that his mom told him that she had relations, have relations with jay Z.
Speaker 1: And the day.
Speaker 11: But what a ma man, it's just him out there right now. Yeah, the ma ma ain't came forward and she said anything, why not look like jay Z.
Speaker 3: Saying how many black people knows look like that, just saying and he looked like.
Speaker 15: That, look like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll see how this goes.
Speaker 14: Before I got cigarette lips though, that's why I can't tell he got I can tell them cool bilter king.
Speaker 13: Right there, he got.
Speaker 5: Moving on.
Speaker 1: Let's check in with Carla for some music news. But you got Carla.
Speaker 17: Oh, let me tell y'all child, listen to this, okay. So the other night, Baby facing Anita Baker, they performed in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: They a Prudential Center a concert, so face.
Speaker 17: He posts an apology to his fans via social social media, saying that he was asked not to perform to get miss make her her space and time to perform her show in its entirety. So Face went on to say, my band and I are extremely sadden. We didn't get to perform for y'all tonight. I hope they can work this out. I'm saying that part well, I hope they can work this out because I want them both to perform. People want to he.
Speaker 1: That she just told you I just because she asked.
Speaker 2: I did listen.
Speaker 15: She asked that she wanted more time. Yeah, now this is what Face is saying.
Speaker 12: So he performed. He just cut his show short.
Speaker 15: No no, no, no, no, no, not to perform at all.
Speaker 1: Stay back there, don't come out pretty much.
Speaker 13: Did he get his chick though?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Didn't.
Speaker 12: That's why he won't because she got the jack.
Speaker 1: Baby Face not to perform.
Speaker 13: Somebody that wrote all these hits and you're talking about not letting.
Speaker 2: Him on stage.
Speaker 1: This makes the lead story is Tommy Berry in the lead?
Speaker 3: What did.
Speaker 13: What the drama? What the dramas say?
Speaker 2: Would you get right in the.
Speaker 15: Background to seven say that his brother's cousins?
Speaker 1: Lord, what do you think about that? Steve that's crazy, right.
Speaker 3: I really don't know how that works. Anita should be by herself all the time.
Speaker 1: Legends, both of them are legends.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean Anita can't tool with anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I.
Speaker 2: Love Anita is just a solo artist.
Speaker 3: Man. She don't ain't selling no ticket. She could sell out. She didn't need a break, but she need to perform by herself. She don't need to be on tour with nobody. All right, Well, I'll work out with Face. It ain't work out with Blue Thirsk.
Speaker 2: You just can't go on to it.
Speaker 3: You have to star. You just stop going with people. Don't could sign a contract with other people on it. You see some other people on that, just don't sign that. Notice, ain't gonna work.
Speaker 18: Out that faith, Yeah, she asked him. Not look ahead, don't go out there. I need all the time.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we're gonna find out what the guys are doing for Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: Huh. Right after this you're listening Hard Morning Show. Well, we all know that Sunday, May fourteenth is Mother's Day. And if you're one of the eighty four percent of US adults who plans to celebrate the holiday.
Speaker 1: This year, it's time to shop, that's right.
Speaker 4: According to the National Retail Federation's annual survey, Americans plan to spend about thirty five point seven billion dollars that's billion with ab on Mother's Day this year.
Speaker 1: The most popular gifts, of course, are flowers.
Speaker 4: Greeting cards, jewelry, Junior, and special outings like dinner or brunch. Okay, so guys, pay attention. What are you guys getting your wives for Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: Your wives?
Speaker 4: And yeah, you're telling you're telling Steve Stephen I said, guys, you're a guy. Come on, yeah, I'm just okay today, Junior, you go first, what are you doing for your new wife first Mother's Day together?
Speaker 13: Whatever she tells me to do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I'm stupid. I have no sense.
Speaker 12: I don't know what she want me to do. Whatever she telled me, do we doing it? I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: She wants to do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, no, she's going.
Speaker 11: She's going home, so I'll be here pretty much by myself, but she might she go have something for me to do.
Speaker 12: Watch you're going so I know, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Get aboudy some flowers or something right in the card yeah, yeah, jewelry, jewelry, that's always.
Speaker 13: Talking to me.
Speaker 11: Go talk to Tommy, Steve, because I'm gonna tell you right now, you're looking at a man that's already gone.
Speaker 12: I'm dead. I have no more I have no more conscious, I don't have nothing nothing. My independence is gone. No, I'm becoming one with her.
Speaker 2: I am not me.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know when to talk when.
Speaker 1: Steve, I see the look in your face.
Speaker 2: Already got the gifts. I'm done.
Speaker 10: To give.
Speaker 15: What what's happen to you?
Speaker 1: Who is gonna have a beautiful Mother's Day? That's how you do it? See all right, okay, all right, let's come on over.
Speaker 2: See I just learned not to fight it. What's to fight about? Right?
Speaker 1: So, nephew, what are you getting the beautiful jackie for Mother's Day?
Speaker 13: I'm not getting my mama some things for Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: I said.
Speaker 14: My wife and hug and my wife got three kids, and they gonna get their mama some too. Everybody take care of their own mama. That's not mama jacking not mama. It's not it's not wife's day. It's mother's day. Now when it becomes a wife's day when they when they add that holiday, then I get her something. But it ain't wife's day. It's Mother's Day, and I'm getting my mama something.
Speaker 1: Can you please help your nephew with this one?
Speaker 13: You know, she ain't my mama.
Speaker 14: Nope, you know, doll, she ain't my mom.
Speaker 1: Wow, mother of your kids? All right, thank you guys. Coming up in thirty four minutes after Roscoe is in the building. Right after this, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 4: It is time.
Speaker 1: Roscoe's here. We see him.
Speaker 2: Cool right here right Junior?
Speaker 9: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Baby well, a head of roscommuble?
Speaker 13: What a new Roscoe?
Speaker 1: Andy sh Hello, Roscoe's the.
Speaker 2: Baby girl, the MISSZII. We're going on call it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Roscoe?
Speaker 2: You ready everything? What do you mean? I'm ready?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you heard about it.
Speaker 17: We'll go now, Okay, So I don't know if you heard about this, but it's a little little tension going on right now between Anita Baker.
Speaker 1: And Babyface the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't want you to buy your clothes.
Speaker 17: Oh bye your car?
Speaker 1: A chance to get the question?
Speaker 2: Ah bye your dinner tonight. Baby.
Speaker 3: As soon as I get home from work, I'll buy your clothes.
Speaker 2: I'll pay your rip. Ah, buy you dinner tonight, baby, soon as I get a hold.
Speaker 1: From work, let's get on with Baker.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, See Nita Bacon don't really have song like like that for a baby face.
Speaker 2: She don't care. See need a Baker I was.
Speaker 13: Trying to own.
Speaker 2: I mean, can keep signing the contract? Need a baby going to by myself? Do you know him?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, need a Baker?
Speaker 1: Did you write any of her songs?
Speaker 5: Which songs?
Speaker 2: Did you wrote all of them?
Speaker 3: I know I knew her father, Steve Baker, y'all know, yeah, Dusty Baker, daddy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I need to got started. She to go in the game and sing the song to me out to the ball, and how you gotta start crazy little no facts. You don't know about that right here, I know everything everybody.
Speaker 1: Sunday is Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I always love she my favorite girl. I always little my mom. She called me in this world by that right there, that song right there, you game bird to me.
Speaker 2: And all mama or that from the mac. I think.
Speaker 4: Of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if everybody had a mother like you.
Speaker 3: You know that this whole world would be so wonderful Hutchison, Willie Hutchison, Mama, Mama.
Speaker 1: But I know who will.
Speaker 2: Over you?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sing it though.
Speaker 2: Hey, they pull it up for him, so they know where I'm going about. They pull it up.
Speaker 1: I wrote.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Come on, they had a mother like you, you know, the whole world would be so wonderful, Am.
Speaker 2: Mama, thank you over you. Yeah, I can't believe y'allly't know that.
Speaker 1: Son, Well, we know.
Speaker 15: Song from Mama boys to me, dear Mama.
Speaker 2: Tupa, No, we don't care about that. Sometimes she'd be so happy.
Speaker 1: Yes, say uh huh.
Speaker 2: Be w a and.
Speaker 3: Daddy spending new worlds, oh time grating the by. We're just a simple song. Let me get to the hook saved.
Speaker 2: Do you know we love your sweet?
Speaker 5: Save?
Speaker 4: Sing us out Roscoe. Coming up next next, the prank phone call for today. Right after this, say.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 4: Morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is get this guys.
Speaker 1: Is he a loser or a work in progress?
Speaker 4: We don't know, but we'll find it out in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 14: What you got for his NEPH Well, since we in the middle of NBA playoffs right now, I got one for you.
Speaker 13: This right here is you'll NB a party. You'll NB a party, all right?
Speaker 14: Sounds pretty pretty nice and yeah it's yeah, you know, don't sound like nothing to it, but let's go to it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, you'll NB a party here it is.
Speaker 8: Come on, hello, a long term I'm looking for Brad. Hey Brett, how you doing this? Puncho man? I'm one of Marcus this boys. How you doing man?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah he was that.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all talk to Marcus Man. He was telling me about you know, uh the playoff party man for for for Sunday mans. So, uh, if you told me if it was cool, I would come through.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to call and how let you see if I can if I need to bring anything food or some drinks or whatever. You know you took your fellows the markets. Yeah, yeah, this is Pancho Man. I'm friends with market. Okay, yeah, yeah, I think it's cool.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah, well now you ain't the great unless, of course, you know you you're drinking something special, but uh, yeah, it's gonna be meaning Marcus and uh you know, a couple other boys gonna be here and uh you know whatever you wanna bring it be hyll be. So yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, what time y'all starting?
Speaker 13: Men?
Speaker 8: He told me like a round one?
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be here all day. But you know you're calling through by one one, two o'clock. You know that before the game gets started, we had to you know, get the flat screen going, everything to be laid out.
Speaker 8: So uh yeah, just come up through whatever you come through, all right, just remember, man, Pancho, all right, I'll be there. I just got it all right?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 8: All right, So hey hey brand yo, hey Pancho again, man, listen real quick, how much how much food and and and and look at do you have? Uh?
Speaker 19: I think we got enough for for Suddenly it was why what you got going on? What's up?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I got I got like three boys gonna ride with me. Man, I just want to make sure you got enough over there.
Speaker 19: Okay, is this again?
Speaker 8: This punch shows you know we talked about thirty minutes ago this pun chow a monk Marcus friend right right, okay, uh I remember probably just about thirty minutes ago. Told you, Marcus told me.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm sorry for bringing back and forth.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, well, I mean yes, it's all right.
Speaker 19: So you know, we ain't trying to overload the joint.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 8: Just you know, I know Marcus and if you're a friend of his, then but that's cool, you can come to you. It ain't but three guys, man, It ain't the three guys coming with me. Man, They real cool. Man. Well, well we'll bring it something to put on your pid or whatever. You know, it'll it'll be good.
Speaker 19: Okay, Yeah, that's that's cool.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 19: But you know, yeah, yeah, come on through the man, all.
Speaker 8: Right, all right, all right, I talked to you. I talked to you, all right, Brett, Hey is wait, is one of them Marcus is is one of the guys my uncles?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 15: No, no, no, no, no, I got.
Speaker 8: It's three guys.
Speaker 12: Me.
Speaker 8: I make four, you know, some of three other guys. Yeah whatever, man at school, Yeah, bring him through, man, come on, all right, all right, all right, look hello, hey Brad Pancho again. Man, listen, hey, I'm I'm gonna bring one more I'm gonna bring one more person with me.
Speaker 19: To hold a Punkiel breaks player.
Speaker 8: Wait, hold up, whole up?
Speaker 19: Now, what's up you?
Speaker 8: Marcus his friends? You're you're me and one Pancho.
Speaker 19: Yeah, okay, I know you Pancho man, but you're bringing everybody, but just go camping. Marcus is cool with me. That's my thought.
Speaker 8: We go way back, and if you cool with him too, then okay you can come. You know, I'm trying to have an NBA playoff game.
Speaker 19: You bringing the whole NBA with you?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, it ain't like that, man. Man, I mean place in that big You know, my wife is gonna be coming through here.
Speaker 19: And you know I got the house played out.
Speaker 8: I thought I wouldn't un destroy the place.
Speaker 19: I just got up the dog house like two weeks ago. I trying to that up.
Speaker 8: So with you coming through, you come through, you know, bring one or two people with you.
Speaker 2: But that's it.
Speaker 8: Okay, well listen to you. He would have decided me, I ain't gonna bring the duel with me. I'm just gonna bring a little lady friend with me. Man, if is that cool? I'm just gonna bring a little lady friend. No, dudes, okay, that's cool. Now you're talking okay, because I know she ain't eat it so much. Come on through here with her and you know, be done with that's fine, right right right. I'm gonna call her Simone now and tell her and tell her that that that she coming with me. Okay, what's her name? Her name, Simon, that's what that's my wife's name. Okay, okay, okay, but maybe the hook up while they while we're watching the game, that'll be cool.
Speaker 19: Sheang, she ain't over here, so I sent her and her girls for the nails done?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, So check this out, man, I'm I'm I'm gonna reach out to Simon and let her know that we're gonna we're gonna leave it and get over there like about one. And you see it's cool, right yeah, yeah, it's cool man.
Speaker 19: That that's a whole lot better than being about up in here.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, Now I check this man, mine, Uh you know, my friend she she she married, you know, and and and she wanted to get away from my husband for a minute.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: And I guess they've been going through so.
Speaker 19: You know, you know, just keeping way way back back up there, bringing a married woman named saman What are the eyes of that. My wife's name is smoll.
Speaker 8: Okay, well do I mean it might?
Speaker 9: What was this mooting?
Speaker 8: Simone? Is his other last name? Is that's my last name?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 8: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait hold on wait wait wait hold on, hold on, dog? This this okay this this Simon is light skin. Yeah, you keep on describing her. She's light skin, five gone, short hair, that the alley cut. Yeah, that's that's that's that's that's I want you doing with my wife.
Speaker 13: All right, Hey, dog, me.
Speaker 8: And Simone been friends for a minute.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 8: It wasn't until like a couple of weeks ago she reached out to me and said she was she was going through something some some he reached out to you to tell you that she's going through.
Speaker 16: Some stuff with a dude.
Speaker 19: Well I'm that dude.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, my wife, hey man, you know about a year, but who counting? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 19: A year that's about the time we started have some misshoes. Yeah, yeah, y'all come on over to this party.
Speaker 8: Hey man, I'm sure we can try to figure this kind of situation out.
Speaker 9: So no, no, no, pump your price.
Speaker 8: My wife don't give you.
Speaker 9: I don't give it about her either, and you know you are you know they say.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 8: I've always believed this. There are no mistakes when this. Everything happens when it's supposed to be. So it's funny how you call me. Okay, okay, listen, man, listen.
Speaker 9: I'm getting this number.
Speaker 8: My boy gave no no, no, I get it. You probably called it the drinking from her. That's how you about. My boy gave me this knocked up leave. Leave some moone out of this.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: You can't tell me right now. You know I'm not up with you.
Speaker 19: Right now, I'm gonna call her matter saying I ain't gonna call at all.
Speaker 8: Don't don't tell her my wife.
Speaker 16: Just bring her to the party.
Speaker 8: I got a Gies for this for you. I got a three eighty, I got a Smith, I got a Western, I got a signe.
Speaker 19: Fourteen Tiller and go right up here.
Speaker 8: But you just come on over with this party. Oh okay, hey man, hey man, listen, listen, my boy, my boy gave me your number. Man, So I don't know who my boy is. Marcin said he don't know you. Marcas don't know me. But guess who else knows me? Though that you don't know for say something. Hey, Brad, this is nephew tire me man from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your boy Marcus got me the prank phone call you what.
Speaker 20: I don't give.
Speaker 6: This something.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna get off of ya.
Speaker 8: Hey Brad, what was you gonna do with the party?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Man, uh, it's about.
Speaker 8: Hey man, let me ask you something. What's the baddest radio show in the last It's a Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 13: Here he gets a little upset because I'm bringing his wife to the party. You see what I'm saying that I don't. I don't get that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 13: You're getting a little up seconds and bringing your wife to the party. I mean I ain't. No, I didn't chill.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we gonna we supposed we're supposed to get together and hang out.
Speaker 13: We didn't know. We just gotta know.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my bad keeping a stupid baby. It's going down Saturday in May twenty seven. It's going down all right at the Fox in Detroit, Michigan, the Fox Theater.
Speaker 13: It's jokes and jams.
Speaker 14: I got Downell Rollins, I got Copone, I got Red Grant, I got the girl. Kelly Kels, Tony Roberts, o MG hosted by Yours Truly and I got d Ray Davis and the jams is juvenile.
Speaker 13: The jams belongs to Juvenile.
Speaker 14: That is jokes in Jam the Detroit, Michigan, Saturday night, May twenty seven at the Fox Theater.
Speaker 13: Tickets on Seal Rent. Now I mean written now r E t n A written. Now I'm done?
Speaker 1: Man, all right, nough you coming up. Strawberry letter. The subject is is he a loser? Or a work in progress? Okay? Either which one? Which one? If you gotta ask? Okay, we'll get into the Strawberry Letter right after this.
Speaker 4: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice and relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Harvey FM and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here right now.
Speaker 2: Buggle up and hold on time. Come on season, bugging up and hold on time. We got it for you.
Speaker 3: Who it is.
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 13: Do that to me right now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Subject? Is he a loser? Or a work in progress.
Speaker 4: Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm a thirty two year old woman and I'm falling for a forty three year old man.
Speaker 1: We met online and bonded because we were both very lonely.
Speaker 4: I worked full time at a school, and he is a screenwriter waiting for one of his movies to get greenlit by a big producer. He said, if that happens, he will be set for life. We decided to meet up and I asked him to meet me halfway since he lives an hour from me.
Speaker 1: He told me he doesn't have a car, so I drove three hours to see him.
Speaker 4: When I got to his apartment, he said I couldn't come in because the couple he lives with doesn't want strangers inside. He explained that he's staying on their couch in exchange for some cleaning and other housework. He said he didn't tell me because he didn't want to scare me away. I was very put off by this, but he offered to take me to lunch, so that made it better. We had a nice meal and things were going great until his card was declined at the restaurant. He stepped away to call his bank. And then asked me to cover the bill. He was embarrassed, but I assured him that it was okay. We decided to get a hotel room so we could spend the day together, but his card was declined again, so I put the room on my credit card. He called the bank again and said his account had a glitch, but he could pay me back within twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: That night, we had the.
Speaker 4: Most intense sex and amazing conversation. I haven't been back to see him because he can't afford a hotel room. I still haven't gotten my money back either. He said he's falling in love with me, so I don't want to mess this up. I'm trying to believe in his dreams.
Speaker 15: Is he a work in progress?
Speaker 1: Or he is he a loser?
Speaker 4: Please advise? Well, I'm going to say a loser. Okay, that's what I'm going to say. He is a.
Speaker 1: Loser, and I'm going to say it to you too, loser. I think you're a loser too, because what are you doing having sex with a man you met online? And you did all the work you know, to make this stuff happen.
Speaker 4: You drove three hours to see him, you paid for the food, because his credit card was declined. You paid for the hotel room because his credit card was declined.
Speaker 1: It was a glitch in it. He said, you gave it up the first night.
Speaker 4: You made it way way easy for this man, and you said, being lonely, that's what this will do to you. I don't think that's the reason, Just to give yourself away to some man you didn't even know. This man is forty three years old. Where is he working right now until he gets his big break? Usually that's what writers and screenwriters do. They have another job and they work on their stuff, you know, and they're off time. If he's a writer, I mean, surely you would have seen some of his work, maybe publishing a magazine or online, a local newspaper. Maybe you know, he would have written you a poem or something. Did you even read or see the script that he was waiting to get produced by some big Hollywood producer? And is that really where he lives? Where he took you and said he couldn't take you in? All this stuff just sounds suspect to me. I mean, you didn't really think he was going to pay you back, did you? You said he didn't pay you back? Did you really think he was going to This guy is not just a loser, he's a user, and I just say stay away from him. Okay, don't worry about seeing him again.
Speaker 1: He's not for you, Steve.
Speaker 2: What is my kind of letter right here?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Should this is my kind of letter right here? Thank you.
Speaker 3: First of all, I won't think you know. I just want everybody to listen to this letter. Right no, right now, I just want you to know that the talent that God gave me is about to shine through brightening. You're about to see my ability to take foolishness pointed out at levels. What a lot of people don't see. See shut is a nice Christian girl. You know, she ain't had the life out of had. You know she ain't told as many lies.
Speaker 2: It's me.
Speaker 3: She ain't as much situations as me, so she ain't gonna see this stuff.
Speaker 2: Here go listen.
Speaker 3: Thirty two ye old woman falling for the forty three year old man. They met online and bonded because we both were lonely. I worked full time out of school. And he's a screenwriter. Here what he a screenwriter?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 3: That ain't even the real title for it. He a screenwriter waiting on here now this way, let me let me show you how to go waiting on one of his movies to get green lit by a big producer.
Speaker 8: What what.
Speaker 3: Big producer who go green like this movie? Why would a big producer go through everybody they know.
Speaker 2: To get to him?
Speaker 3: He said that if that happens, he'll be set for life one movie.
Speaker 2: Don't then you think, holda part.
Speaker 3: You think if Spielberg had just made one movie, he'd have been sent You think if Denzel had a just stopped at Mo Better Blues, you think he'd have been sent for life. Pard Nook, is you outing your rabbit ass mine? You know how much stuff you got to put together? You're talking about? If he he'll be said left. We decided to meet up, and I ask him to meet me halfway since he lived hour for me, she told me it overcount, So I drove an hour to see him.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's another thing. He'll screen writer.
Speaker 1: Three hours to see him. Hold it right there, Steve.
Speaker 4: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour.
Speaker 1: Subject is he a loser or a work in progress? We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. Subject is he loser or a work in progress?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Now, in order for me to recap this letter, I'd had to go too far. So let me just take you through it. Because the subject is is he a loser? All work in progress? Shirley call him a loser. I got to agree with her one hundred percent. This man is a complete loser. I pointed out to you as we go through the letter. Thirty two year old woman falling four forty three, You old man man online, bond it because we will lonely.
Speaker 2: I work full time out of school.
Speaker 3: And he is a screenwriter right there, Good lord almighty, he ain't even ain't to show nobody a screen that heatne written anybody taking movies out in Hollywood right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's go with that right there.
Speaker 3: Waiting on one of his movies to get green lit by a big producer. Boy, do you have any idea the process it is to get to a big producer in Hollywood with your new ass, with this script.
Speaker 2: I ain't saying it can't be done. Ain't saying you can't have dreams. But oh lord, this one tough.
Speaker 14: He said.
Speaker 3: If that happens, he'll be set for life. Boy, one movie is not gonna set your ass for life. I can tell you it won't. That's not how this works. You gotta put these things together, man, you gotta start stacking paper. You know, you think Brad Pittle would have been all right with one movie, Tom Hanks with one movie, Now man Eddie with one movie.
Speaker 2: No, you got to put them together.
Speaker 3: We decided to meet up, and I asked him to meet me halfway since he lives an hour from me.
Speaker 2: He he told me he don't have a car. All right, Come on, forty three year old man. He told you he didn't have a car. You let that go. So I drove an hour to see him.
Speaker 3: When I got to his apartment, he said I couldn't come in because the couple he lived with.
Speaker 2: Don't want strangers inside the house. Hour you done.
Speaker 3: Drove an hour to his apartment to find out he don't have an apartment, that he's saying with a couple that then told him your ass can't come in here. He explained that he's staying on their couch.
Speaker 1: What he's staying, it's a funny three.
Speaker 2: Ye old man staying on his couch.
Speaker 3: See listen, I'm the last person can talk because I've been homeless and I lived in a car for three years. I met women while I lived in a car. I can tell you didn't go good. I can just tell you didn't go good because when I would say saying can I come over your place?
Speaker 19: We in it.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: I met a girl at a one night show one time. We was driving around the car, was gonna try to go to the waffle house or something. She said, uh, you stay around here somewhere else said yeah, she said where right here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I understand now you staying on the couch now, and you staying on the couch in exchange for some cleaning and other housework. So now he a maid, So hear that cleaning tarlets and doing dishes and caryning out garbage and stuff and mopping flows. Okay, but he'll screen write them now. He said, he didn't tell me because he ain't want to scare me away. You askeding a guy in your car right then and turned your ass around.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you ain't that smart.
Speaker 3: I was very put off by this. You wasn't put off that much because guess what you did. He offered to take me to lunch, so that made it better. Well, oh, play the food all right, here we go. So now since that made the baby, we had a nice meal and things was going great until his card was declined at the restaurant. So now it was going great because he took brought you some lunch. Didn't found out he couldn't pay for the damn lunch. He stepped away to call his bank and asked me to cover the bill. He didn't talk nobody that bank. What he called the bank and say he no goodn't hall wear it ain't no money in there. He stepped round the corner and told you he called the bank. He talked nobody at that bank. Matter of fact, they'd ask you and bring his ass down there so they can leave here.
Speaker 12: It's overdressed.
Speaker 3: He was embarrassed, so I assured him that it was okay. You're such a nice person. We decided to get a hotel room so we could spend the day together. What wait a minute, what wait a minute? After all that didn't happen, You're desperate ass. After you found out he stay on the couch with the other couple, that he a housekeeper and he'll screen right awaiting on the big producer. He ain't got no money, and he took you to the restaurant and you ain't got the money. He called a bank and then WI told you whom y'all gonna get a hotel room. So he spend the day together, but his card was declined again. If you can't pay for the food, how the hell you're gonna get a hotel room. So I put the room on my credit card. He called the bank again and said his accounts had a glitch in it. You had to glitch is called ain't no money. It's a big glitch. I've had three years of the glitches. But he could pay me back in twenty four hours. That night, we had the most intense sex and amazing conversations. Hey, can I come back on this next break? Yeah, because this is very important right here, because I want to share with you why you had the most intense sex and amazing conversation. I'm gonna share with you why that happened. And I don't have the time in a little bit of time we got left, But y'all need to focus on it because when we come back, you need to find out how you can have the most intense sex with a person that ain't got no damn money.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Well, in the meantime, post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM and Instagram on Instagram and Facebook. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand. Coming up, Part three of Today's Strawberry Letter. Is he a loser or work in progress? Right after this, you're.
Speaker 1: Listening Dave Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 4: All right, see we're back with part three. Here's the Strawberry Letter with part three to it. The subject is is he a loser or a work in progress? So you left with telling us.
Speaker 2: You were gonna do an breakshaw, So just brief amazing.
Speaker 3: Let me explain something to you. This woman to met this forty three old man who's a screenwriter. They've been online and they met, and you're trying to figure out if he a loser or if he's a work in progress. Me and Sheirley and I already said they loser. Just a couple of bullet points to remind you why we think he's a loser. He's waiting on the screen play to get green lit by a big producer. That's one he said. If it happened, it's gonna be set for life. He forty three. Then you drive to meet him, and you told him meet you halfway. He told you he can't meet you halfway because he ain't got no car. You drove all the way to see him to got to his apartment, and then you found out that you couldn't come in because the couple he lived with don't want no strangers.
Speaker 2: Inside they house.
Speaker 14: Did.
Speaker 3: He told you that he was staying on they couch in exchange for doing housework and other chores. Then he told you he won't to tell you that because he ain't want to scare you weight and instead of getting scared your ass stage.
Speaker 2: But then he offered to take you to lunch, so that made it better.
Speaker 3: Then he took you to lunch, and when the bill came, he couldn't pay for the damn lunch, so you put.
Speaker 2: It on your card. I don't know how good, how good that damn meal was.
Speaker 3: But then right after that, y'all decided to get a hotel room so y'all could spend the day together. But his card got declined again he couldn't take for the damn meal. So he gonna get a room. What hotel was, y'all at Glenn's motor In. Listen to me, the hotel room normally costs more than for you know, four hours, for twenty dollars, you know.
Speaker 2: And he said his account had a glitch in it.
Speaker 1: Glitch.
Speaker 3: No, his account ain't had no money in it. That's the biggest glitch of them all.
Speaker 2: He said. He bade you back in twenty four hours. Now, this is where we left off.
Speaker 3: That night we had the most intense sex, an amazing conversation. Well, first, let me deal with the amazing conversation. First of all, he a screenwriter. He know how to tell a story.
Speaker 2: If you like listening to him.
Speaker 3: So that's a good ass conversation. Now let me tell you why you had the intense sex. Because he was screwing for opportunity.
Speaker 2: He was screwing for a chance. He was screwing for hope.
Speaker 3: He was screwing for somewhere that lill. He was screwing for another payment. He was screwing for somebody to clean up this bank account of his.
Speaker 2: He was screwing for somebody with a credit report. He was screwing for somebody.
Speaker 3: That's working down at the school center.
Speaker 2: He was screwing for everybody that could get his ass.
Speaker 3: Off that couch because he tied to do it housework to get for these white people he living there with.
Speaker 2: That's why the sex was so intended screwing with purpose.
Speaker 1: Of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this, you're listening morning show. But Sunday is Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: You guys know that, so you know, so you know it's so different now how people raise their children, how the world is right now. Some of the stuff kids get away with now, we could never get away with any childhood stories you guys want to share, Junior.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: That's Mother's Day and every Yeah, we need to have at least an annual day where every child get there behind what I think we need to bring that back.
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 11: You know if these kids don't get to feel no more, they don't get to feel being awakened in the middle of the night by a belt and you have no reason why.
Speaker 2: You don't even know why you getting.
Speaker 11: Beat because that happened to me because I didn't know what you But first of all, when you sleep and that belt, you don't feel the covers coming off and that belt hit you in the middle of your back and your eyes opened up, but your hearing ain't kicked in because they still yelling at you.
Speaker 2: What what what what?
Speaker 14: It didn't matter where that belt landed. There was no there was no limit to it. Across the neck, cross the back, across the.
Speaker 2: Button in your eye.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you can get hit with a belt anywhere.
Speaker 4: That was real evil of your parents to let you go to sleep and let you think that they forgot y. Yeah, it's like a sucker punch in the middle of the night, you know.
Speaker 1: But you know what, you couldn't come.
Speaker 14: You couldn't sleep right Noway, even when you got in that bed, you knew it was coming.
Speaker 1: You know it was coming, but you didn't know when.
Speaker 2: Told me.
Speaker 14: I mean, my daddy told me to cut the yard. And I did not cut the yard. He told me three days straight. I did not remember the cut. I kept coming over.
Speaker 13: I just came. I kept coming from track records. I forgot to cut the yard.
Speaker 14: Man that that that on the third night, I was cutting that yard at eleven thirty with a flashlight.
Speaker 1: And I mean, you better edge it.
Speaker 14: And I mean and the neighbor next door was this white guy. He comes out, Hey, what's going on? My dad said, you might want to go on back in your house tonight. This ain't today for that, This ain't the day be asking me what's.
Speaker 13: Going on here?
Speaker 2: What you want?
Speaker 1: I'm raising my son, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I'm raising myn What we woke.
Speaker 14: Up the next morning, I had lines going in every directoryard.
Speaker 1: But you cut that up.
Speaker 13: I cut that yard, man, I cut that yard.
Speaker 1: Jeez, you know, childhood?
Speaker 15: What's on?
Speaker 9: Guy?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 3: I really had a real simple childhood, you know, still with happiness and you know, pop Candy, this had just wonderful experience with my parents.
Speaker 2: I was just just an obedient child.
Speaker 13: I just.
Speaker 3: Just you know, you know, I just wanted to see how that sounds. You know, all the trauma I done went through. Man, I'm tired of talking about my trauma. I was enjoying time to store.
Speaker 2: All mine. Worse.
Speaker 13: So, I what what have you?
Speaker 1: What have your parents told you to do that you did not do and you got in trouble for it.
Speaker 2: Here was a big thing.
Speaker 3: My father planted a garden in the backyard every year, and it was one of the last snows of the year, probably in April and that snowed in Cleveland one year, and he said, now listen, don't y'all play in that snow in that backyard and dig that dirt up and turn it into mud and snow back then, because it's probably the last snow. And I'm gonna get that get my crops in the ground. In a couple of weeks, we were right on out there and played football. I'm talking about man, And there was so much mud in that damn yard, dog, and so we were. Our plan was we was gonna take some snow that had been shown and just cover it back up. And uh, next thing I know, the station wagon was pulling up in the yard. I was just going a touchdown and I was I was jumping up in me and air trying to get back down to the ground. Stop this celebration, because he was looking dead at me and that mud was everywhere, and he took us in the garage and beat all the mud off of us.
Speaker 1: Whoaah. All right, all right, all right, thank you. Yes, we'll be back with more of the Sea Harvey Morning Show right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 4: Morning Show, all right, Steve elevates you you're looking good, You're feeling good.
Speaker 2: Results.
Speaker 1: Yeah you yourself, man, looks good.
Speaker 3: I figured by November. Hell no, don't need to start practicing.
Speaker 1: Steve Steve, Steve, O, my.
Speaker 3: God, are they call you? Elevate you man? Go to Elevate you dot Com. I got three flavors. It's a green drink. You can feed yourselves on the Cellingar level with green drinks. It does wonders for your tissues, for your cells, it does wonders for your energy. It does wonders for your digestion. It does wonders for your brain clarity. It's just showing up in the way I'm looking now. I have more energy to work out. I have more energy. Go get in that cold plunge. I have the wherewithal. It's just amazing. I'm finnah. It's just Elevate you dot.
Speaker 2: Com, y'all.
Speaker 3: Go get these green drinks. So many people are talking about it. Look at the testimonials. Go to Elevate You l apostrophe e V A T E l apostrophe e V A T e U dot com and find out what it's all about. In order yours today?
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, thank you, coming up.
Speaker 4: We'll do a round it, would you rather at thirty three minutes after the hour, right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show, and it's time now for around it. Would you rather?
Speaker 4: Would you rather guys, happy wife, happy life? Or would you rather you both be happy?
Speaker 12: It's a but I would life beat but I don't see it coming.
Speaker 1: Would you rather up the choice of what you rather?
Speaker 12: I'll go ahead, it's future for you.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't even know how that's what would you rather? I think that's the desert? Is it ever?
Speaker 1: All right, lit'st hear from from the nephew?
Speaker 13: What happy wife, happy life? I'm not messing that up? Okay, all right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Good answer, good answer?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather be super rich, super rich and small.
Speaker 4: Down you know there? Or would you rather have an average income and be big?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 14: Oh no, I'll be rich with it a night little, I'm yeah, I mean I'm going super rich.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: If y'all asked a question, call y'all be a little tiny thing, just just riches all get out with him?
Speaker 1: Junior?
Speaker 12: Well you know, well go you know I'm already being might as well go be eight.
Speaker 2: Listen to the.
Speaker 1: All right, let's hear from the man. Super rich.
Speaker 3: I'm not fitting to gild my money for nothing. Can't nobody to tell about talk about it anyway? So how you feel about me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have very skinny legs or very long neck? Which one man.
Speaker 13: A lone man?
Speaker 1: Skinny legs are long neck?
Speaker 13: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got with the legs. I got reindal legs anyway, So you rather have that?
Speaker 1: Could just keep what you got?
Speaker 14: Don't your turtleneck don't fit?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 13: You don't want that?
Speaker 1: But Tommy, you was been looking crazy because you were running all right? All right?
Speaker 4: Would you rather be sexy and hated by many or average looking and very popular?
Speaker 20: I'm finna be here. Yeah, that's the basis of your popul leg Come on now, come on, and all three of us has beats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's wrong. Would you rather?
Speaker 4: Guys, you're coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: All right, here we are, last break of the day, another fine day on the Steve Harvey Morton Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much for listening. All right, Steve you're up closing remarks.
Speaker 9: What you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, more and more. I try to share things that I learned as I pick them up, you know. I try to, you know, when I'm talking to people about my faith and my walk. I guess I use myself as an example because I want to. I try to simplify for people, because man, so many people get turned off with traditional religion. And there's nothing wrong with church, man, I think that church is one of the great institutions that's that's ever been around, you know, But some people can't get there, and some people get turned off by people in the church when it's really the relationship with God.
Speaker 2: That you try to foster.
Speaker 3: But there are some people in churches that can be quite a turn off in you trying to find the peace you're looking for in your life or the answers you're looking for in your life, because you go to this building and somebody in the building ain't really a good example of Christian or whatever your faith is, and all of a sudden they come in there, they did they full of more devil than being at a club.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: So what I try to offer people through my own little form of testimonies to show you that you can have this walk with God just the way you are, that you don't have to try to fix yourself to have this relationship that you got to start somewhere. And God, God deal with regular people all the time. God, just don't deal with the people that consider them saying, Holy, God, deal with regular people. God take regular people and turn them into heroes. God take regular people. The Bible is full of stories of regular people that God used as an example, people who showed extraordinary exhibitions of faith and hope. And so I just try to share with the people stuff that I learned along the way. One of the things I was learning, man, was I had to really learn to accept each day just as it came to me. And that's what I want to share with you today. You got a people, we got to start accepting the day as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances, because it's.
Speaker 2: Not going to happen.
Speaker 3: Do you know how much time and energy you burn wishing things weren't the way they were? Do you know how much time and energy you've wished hoping something was different? And there's no way it can be different. We spending too much time with that. You got to accept the things in the day that you can't do anything about, and remember you and remember something man that instead of that, start trusting in the process that God has a special design and a special purpose for you even with these difficulties. Man, you got to trust in the process. His plan for you is different from my plan. It's different from your mother's plan. It's different from all your friends' plans. But don't so don't spend that much time and energy like so many of us do, like I've done. I can't count the times I did it, Man, wishing certain circumstances weren't the circumstances.
Speaker 2: But they are. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: Now what you gonna do about it? This could be an opportunity for you to get closer to God. Sometimes trials and tribulations and things come our way because God just want us to be closer to him. You know how people get aggravated all the time. People kill me when they say this. He went to prison, he found the Lord. He had to wait till he went to prison and found the Lord.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but he found him.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: See, everybody ain't got to go to prison to find him. You know how I found him. I found him living in a car. You know how else I found him. I found him when he took everything from me twice. You know how I found him. I found him out to two divorces man when he just looked like I wasn't gonna rise no more. And guess what, I keep finding him over and over and over again. I keep finding how great he really is. Every time a hardship come in my life, I find out a little bit more about it. I find out just how powerful, how forgiving, how loving, how merciful, how graceful he really is. Every time something happened, when they write me off and he lifts me up again. I keep finding out about him every day I wake up how good he really is, So don't worry about the brother. They go to prison and find it. And now he want to tell me about the Lord. He been sitting in a sall. Well, maybe that's what it took. Maybe that's what it took. But the same thing it took for him to find the Lord, something gonna happen to you to make you find him too. And sometimes, like I say, you need them trials and them tribulations to get you in a better place. These trials and tribulations ain't to break you and to destroy you. It's to strengthen you. You need all it is to draw you closer. You think about it, You wouldn't even go to God if you didn't need him. Must be talking to myself. I know I wouldn't have if everything went right for me my whole life. You think I'll be talking to God all the time now because I got everything, But I need him No, And it pushed me to him, and I'm glad it did. So remember stop tripping about your circumstances. Man, get yourself in contact with your creator. God loves you, want some relationship with you. Sometimes he trials and tribulations is to get that relationship. Okay, those are my closing remarks. Hope I ain't step on nobody's toes. Y'all have a great root here.
Speaker 2: Talk to God. He loves to hear first, Okay for sure.
Speaker 4: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show,