Speaker 1: This is Intimate Knowledge with Megan King.
Speaker 2: It's a show about sex. Hi, everybody, and welcome back to Intimate Knowledge. I'm your host, Meghan King.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Instagram at Megan King or check out my retreat at Guyahn Experience dot com.
Speaker 2: Blots get to today.
Speaker 3: And I want to start first of all with an update on my life.
Speaker 2: I have a fun story for you guys.
Speaker 3: Then we're gonna chitchat just for a minute about Kim Zolziak and Kroy Berman breaking up Splitsville unfortunately for them. And then finally we're going to bring in Haley Desola Pinto. She is from Below Deck. She's the fiery redhead on the show, fiy in every way, so I'm excited to have her on in chitchat with her.
Speaker 2: So let's get started. So guess what.
Speaker 3: I met this guy on a dating app, kind of been chit chatting for a couple of weeks and he calls me the other day and we're like, yeah, we want to meet. He lives in Vegas and I said, just come in. Why don't you come into Saint Louis? I have this this?
Speaker 2: What did I do? A derby party? He did?
Speaker 3: I couldn't get will to fly into Saint Louis to save his life. He did come in one time, bless his little heart. But this guy flies in for a first date just for a few hours.
Speaker 2: I had my kids so didn't stay with him.
Speaker 3: He didn't stay at my house, got a hotel, just like, just like a regular first date, as if he lived in town. But y'all, you're gonna die. I totally screwed it up. So I have really had a I've struggled with trusting people for a little while, and I really just felt like I trusted this guy and I felt super comfortable with him a little too comfortable because I ended up spilling everything about all of my It's like the ultimate red flag things you don't do in the first date.
Speaker 2: I told him about my cop.
Speaker 3: Parenting situation with Jim and how it's not existent, how I all I want is a co parent in my life. I mean, it was how how like my job is kind of in flux right now, and dah lah lah like it was not good. Okay, So then the next morning it ended fine and everything. The next morning I wake up and I'm like, oh my god, what said I do? So I'm texting my best friend giving her the rundown scoop on what happened, and I texted her well in his defense, I said, in my defense, he basically said he misses his wife ex wife. I sent that text to him. I was mortified. I was in my shower and I was like because he responded right away, and he's like, I hope I didn't give you that impression. I don't think this text was meant for me. I was in the shower and I could see my phone and I started screaming, to the point where when my kids came in the bathroom, was like, Mommy, is everything okay. I'm like, oh my gosh, hayes, I just sent the text message to the wrong person. He goes, oh no, Mommy. I'm like, I know, tell me about it was so embarrassing. So anyways, things seem to be smoothed over. I mean, we've still been texting and we I think we still have plans to see each other.
Speaker 2: So I'll keep you posted on that. That's my latest.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about Kroybierman and Kim solziax So. She filed for divorce with she said due to irreconcilable differences. She's asking her for full custody, full or the main custody of the kids. They have four together, and then two he has two step kids that Kim has two older ones, and she went so shared legal custody and majority physical custody, primary physical custody.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Happened here, So I do know that, you know, about a month ago, there was all that rumor that they were entering foreclosure on their house, and then like it ended up not happening, it was pulled off. So I I think that, you know, if there is financial stress, yes, of course that's one of like the killers of any relationship, especially your marriage.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just got this weird feeling though when I read this story that he cheated and he seems like such a nice guy, and I hope I'm totally wrong. I just really got this weird feeling about it. So I was really surprised when I saw this. But I think, you know, if there is a financial struggle in any sort of way, that can lead people to make decisions that they wouldn't normally make, rash decisions, irrational decisions, and maybe that's what happened. I literally have no idea except that that.
Speaker 2: Was the feeling that I got.
Speaker 3: So Kim wants primary physical custody, and I have primary physical custody. But I think this is misleading because it's not saying she wants full custody. And also primary custody can still be fifty to fifty. But you like the residential parents address would be listed on things. It's kind of just like a you know, weird thing that people put to say, like where do where does the male go for the kid? So that could mean primary custody in the state of Texas. I think that's where they are. I have a friend there, and that's exactly what happened. It's it's like a residential address more than anything else, and I just feel I feel so terrible for the children.
Speaker 2: The kids.
Speaker 3: The youngest kids are eleven, ten and nine year old twins. That's young, and that's but that's old enough to recognize what's going on.
Speaker 2: They live with their parents. It's very sad. And then the older two they're twenty five and twenty one. I feel like they.
Speaker 3: Have established relationships with Croy that are probably just gonna remain you know the same. I doubt that there's gonna be much change there, since those girls are basically out of the house at this point.
Speaker 2: They're grown ups.
Speaker 3: Interesting though, that Kim said choosing to love a person day in and day out is a choice, and a lot of times people are quick to throw in the towel. I I don't want to throw shade on her saying this quote at all, because things can change quickly in relationships, as we saw from the last episode of Intimate Knowledge with the reunion of our two favorite Love Is Blind friends, Daniel Rule and Nick Thompson. But back to Kim, I think that you do have to I think that's very relatable. You do have to decide to choose to love your partner every single day. And she decided not to anymore. And I don't think that she seems like a person who's really just ready to give up on a relationship.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I think there's more to.
Speaker 3: This story, So as this unfolds, I will keep you posted. You guys, I'm excited because we have Haley Dissola Pinto on the show with us. I have been watching her on Below Deck. She's so much fun. She really brings the energy to her home on Saint David, the yacht this beautiful, insane dot that I'm super jealous that I wasn't on now that I watched the show.
Speaker 2: We have Haley from below deck with us. Hello, Hailey, welcome to the show. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: And we have Trosy from below deck with us. But this is a little bit of a unique combination because Haley is a crew member on the Saint David on on below deck and Trosy you were just a guest.
Speaker 2: How did how is tell me about this? What is going on here? How does work out?
Speaker 1: It was love at first time.
Speaker 4: Really, I got on the boat and I just saw Haley and I was like this fiery British, gorgeous redhead. Yeah, and I like as soon as like we got on the boat, I grabbed her and I go, okay, girl, let's go to the bar, Like give me all the tea.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, you were with all the pageant queens and Haley, your hair is very pageant queenie and you're gorgeous, Like you look like you could have fit right it, like you would have fit right in with them, like but without the drama.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would. I'd go with that. Yeah, but it was I would. I just got you drunk, didn't.
Speaker 5: I it was great. I mean it's just I was like, all right, girl, so are you like doing anyone on the boat? Do you have a boyfriend? Like? Tell me? Tell me?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: But like is that encouraged between the crew and the guests?
Speaker 1: Not really well getting with people.
Speaker 2: Well, like no, just becoming friends or whatever in general.
Speaker 1: Actually on Soupio it's quite You've got to be really professional, Like you can't like if you're seen to be having like too much fun guests, they don't really like it, if I'm honest, But he gives I didn't really care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you could get fired. That would suck.
Speaker 4: But she was also just being really nice and like doing her job, I guess. But we just took it to another level.
Speaker 1: Like that I've ever had on boats. I think that's the only place, like that's time with you that I've ever been told off is because I speak to guests too much. Don't get jealous. Well that I love you. It's always been. I just build relationships with guests quickly because I'm just a very open person.
Speaker 3: And you know, yeah, you seem like it. Okay, so I need the whole rundown. I need the whole scoop on everybody in the boat. So fans were very vocal about Captain Sandy versus Captain Lee.
Speaker 2: So what was it like working with both of them?
Speaker 1: Amazing. I am lucky to have the opportunity to work with both those captains. I've watched Below Deck for years and I was actually a little bit of a fan before I went on the show. So, okay, it's to have both captains was incredible.
Speaker 2: So was there a dynamic different?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like absolutely that every single captain is going to have different style, but equally, like I I love both the way that they work. You know, they're just very very.
Speaker 2: Different, very different. I know, I was like.
Speaker 3: I got a little uncomfortable at times, you know watching the show, like oh my god, don't.
Speaker 5: Do that, or.
Speaker 3: Because I mean, they're captains. They're like, you know, they need their to run the tight ship. And and then you guys are out there all your personalities. Okay, this has nothing to do about the show, but Haley, I have to ask you a question. I am looking I'm looking at your screen, I'm looking at you, and I see a head in a mirror behind you?
Speaker 2: What is.
Speaker 1: Megan? Is a Barbara?
Speaker 5: Is it.
Speaker 1: Apisode for there? Don't worry, I'm not completely nuts, Well I am, but my clinic. This is my clinic room where I do askedet it?
Speaker 3: Oh right, yes, yes, your own class and aesthetics.
Speaker 1: Yes I do. I own. Now it makes a bit of sense. You probably thought what the hell is going on there?
Speaker 3: Now it's all Yes, it's all coming together, okay, I mean, and this is what and that's what you mainly do, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I do work on the boat still, but you know that's just temp stuff. It's like a week here, a week there. But I haven't done that for a while. I haven't done it since filming the show. So this is my bread and butter, the aesthetics.
Speaker 3: Has Has filming the show helped your aesthetic business?
Speaker 1: Yes a lot. Yeah, definitely. I'm a lot busier. I tend to get a lot of people messaging me on my custasthetics Instagram and I think like, oh right, okase a potential client. It's not. It's just someone that's wanting to talk to me. And they're in America for a start, so they're going to be coming to the South of England for Boat Ox anytime soon.
Speaker 3: So are you going to go back to blow Down because you, I mean, you have this big business that you're running, and you said you don't you know, you're not concerned about like, you know, if you they talk, if you talk to guests or whatever.
Speaker 2: So are you does that mean you're not going back?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I mean I'd love to go back. I would absolutely love to go back. I I really enjoy most aspects of steward assing. I mean, obviously I'm not really that keen on some parts of the job, like laundry and cleaning like that, the traveling part, the meeting new people. They're just being impulsive and just being called away last minute, and I love that. That keeps cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I was I was watching last night.
Speaker 3: I was getting all caught up and I was watching when they fired, when Captain Sandy fired.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, help me out, Alissa.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you agree with that or not?
Speaker 2: I want she for firing. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think it was the right move. I still I very much like Alyssa. I get on with a Lissa. There isn't actually anyone on the boat that I don't go on with but I do think it. You know, she did the right thing from a professional view, like it was the right move.
Speaker 3: To me, and you guys were seemed so much more cohesive after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that just felt like there was less tension, happy because I was in a team with two gay men, so I was.
Speaker 4: Totally She comes to La and she's Queen of the Gaze.
Speaker 1: Honestly, there we go, there we go, queen of the gates. So that, you know, instantly did feel a lot calmer. Definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Christie, I don't ask you something.
Speaker 3: So you you come on the show as a guest on below deck. You walk in with all of these pageant women, like stressed to the nines with the lashes and the every and the gowns and everything, and the fake hair and even the butt even the butt cutlets.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that I forgot about that scene until I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what was it like for you? And then your story was so interesting you shared it. Can you tell us what that is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So basically what happened is that all of the girls were on the boat.
Speaker 5: We all got on the boat at the same time.
Speaker 4: If you notice Susan who was in the red dress at dinner the night with the blonde hair. She wasn't in the intro with us because she got on the boat late okay, because she the flight got messed up or something, so she got on the boat and I didn't meet her actually until dinner, and all the girls already knew the story of.
Speaker 5: Like what happened.
Speaker 3: I was wondering about because I was like, was this is was this produced?
Speaker 2: Like was a producer like talk about this? Okay?
Speaker 5: So you were just came up totally random.
Speaker 4: And the way that the show did it, I mean they did it really well, but that it didn't like really show how we got into that conversation because it was basically like they were talking about their husbands and their families. And then Laura the primary, was like, well John was married to a woman, and I was like, yep, yep, I didn't. And I was like quiet. I was like that's all I'm saying. And then Susan was like, oh my god, did you have any kids or anything? And I was like, oh, here we go, no shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And actually what the show also didn't really error anything is that our daughter when she was born in twenty sixteen, was born with a heart defect, and so literally like two days after birth, she basically died and they brought her back and we lived in Children's National and DC a year and a half or for a month, and then she came home on a feeding tube for four months, and you know that wasn't fun every single day, poor girl.
Speaker 5: And she had ripped it out.
Speaker 4: We had to take it put it back in, and we were basically like nurses at that point, and I knew exactly how to like handle and take care of her. And then when she was six months old, she had her open heart surgery, and then I stayed home with her to like nurse her back to health because my wife didn't have any maternity leave left. And then a month after her open heart surgery, my wife actually found out the news the same weekend that she told me, because her biological father had the results like kept them until then.
Speaker 2: So this wasn't your baby.
Speaker 4: And then she ended up she told me she wasn't my biological daughter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was like it was.
Speaker 4: Amazing because like he had seen, he had been watching and saw me as a dad to her, and we all decided together that like I wanted to stay in her life. They wanted me to be in her life. So actually, for a year and a half after they moved to they left DC, I went and visited her every single month for a year and a half so that she wouldn't forget who I was.
Speaker 3: But wait a minute, hold on, back up. Did you guys just decide like they did? They decide, Okay, we're gonna try to be in a relationship with each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they like were in love and they ended up. He divorced his wife.
Speaker 2: I mean, weren't you hurt?
Speaker 5: Though she's still cheering one hundred.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, it was the hardest thing I'd ever gone through. And I'm so sorry, very touch and go for a little bit, but I'm just a very like positive person.
Speaker 5: And I woke up one day.
Speaker 4: I was so depressed for so many months, and I just woke up one day and I was like, you're not this person, Like you're not sad, Like you got to snap out of this. And I did somehow, And I just called my two best friends and I was like, listen, my ex wife didn't like to travel.
Speaker 5: I love traveling. I'm going to Italy for two weeks. You're coming with me or not.
Speaker 4: And I just started a new life and like revamped myself basically and revamped my thinking. And then it took a year, but I ended up finding myself more and then I came out a year later at DC Pride in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: No, okay, So when, at what point did you think about it, like exploring your sexuality or you know, whether it's deciding that you were gay or whatever figuring out out.
Speaker 4: No, I've actually always been with both men and women, and I actually lost my virginia to a man when I was fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, So did you consider yourself bisexual?
Speaker 5: You know, not really.
Speaker 4: I just like it was a suppressed thing that I didn't I have Irish Catholic growing up, Like yeah, so I just didn't really I didn't want to believe that like that was actually real, and so I just like always knew that I needed like the white picket fence and you know, the wife and everything.
Speaker 2: It's a great way to screw us up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, And then but I fell in love with her so in such a genuine real way, and she was such an amazing person and to this day she's still I mean, we talk all the time, and you know, I just fell in love with her as a person and everything was like normal marriage. And yeah, we just we loved each other.
Speaker 2: That's increditionally.
Speaker 5: We were just too opposite. They're they're amazing together.
Speaker 4: They're like perfect fit, like they they work together, and her and I just didn't work together.
Speaker 2: So if you had, if you could rewrite history, is there anything that you would change about that?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Not, only because everything brought me to where I am today and it made me who I am.
Speaker 5: And I am literally stronger than anything.
Speaker 4: I can go through anything, I can deal with anything, and I just know how to like deal with situations now way better than I did before. And you know, we we basically put our little girl first and like put our feelings and emotions to the side. And I don't think a lot of people can do that or know that they can do that, And I think that's a great life lesson for people to know that. Like sometimes like if you put the children first, if you like focus on other things other than yourself, there's amazing things that could come from it. And now we are literally like the most real modern family you could ever imagine. Because he had a wife and two kids and then they also had another daughter together, and well so they have four kids. And then I'm Papa John who comes in town and is like the.
Speaker 3: Fut Hailey, Has anybody any other guest ever gotten that vulnerable in the ship before.
Speaker 1: Trying to think definitely not not my season for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, so what did the crew think of his story?
Speaker 1: I remember I was actually on dinner service when I was telling a story, and I actually do remember like he's dropping a little bit as I do and thinking, oh my god, like I was so shocked to hear. And actually, when I came and stayed with you, John, you told me everything, didn't you in that bed?
Speaker 4: Actually yes, every morning She's like, good morning, darling, and I was like, oh my god, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: Agreed for it.
Speaker 1: Oh your room, I'm like please, Yeah, So you told me all about it, And actually you just never know, like the story, I have no idea what somebody has been through, and you are just so positive and just such an amazing, like colorful person. And just normally if someone has gone through something really bad, you can kind of like I kind of feel it from them a little bit, like they have a little bit of bad energy. But there is not like one ounce of energy on you.
Speaker 5: I just kind of with you.
Speaker 2: That's such a compliment.
Speaker 3: Well, so, so you guys slept together in that bed, so you're back to those tight quarters.
Speaker 2: What was it like sleeping on the ship in those close quarters?
Speaker 1: If I wanted to be megan, you get used to it like really quick. I'm honest, you get just having no sleep in general. All I'm going to say is when you get back to land and you get into a king sized bed, it's absolute heaven. I can't that feels. But actually being in a tiny, little bunk bed, it's especially if you're top bunk as well, because I'd always wake up and smack.
Speaker 2: My head on the Oh yeah, oh my gosh, I would too. I'm five eleven. I would smack my head on everything.
Speaker 1: We didn't see that, though, and I was really happy after it ed. I was just like, oh my god, they could have showed so much stuff. A really used to get Haley falling out of bed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, with you, so you were in a relationship on the show. Are you still in a relationship Ailey?
Speaker 2: Okay, I am.
Speaker 1: I've been with my boyfriend now for four and a half years.
Speaker 3: You guys seem really close from what they showed on the show, but we are.
Speaker 1: We've got like a very adult It's is gonna sound weird, like adult relationship, but like a mature relationship. Like he works away, I'm away a lot, so like we don't need to speak to each other every day. There's not like I should always be, you know, texting each other and checking in. It's a really cool it's it's a friendship as well. You know, it's a really cool, laid back relationship. And I think that's why it was so easy for me to go on to the show. I mean a lot of boyfriends would be like, how no, you're going on a reality TV show. But he's just so cool with all of it. He was so supportive, Like to have a boyfriend that support supportive.
Speaker 2: Of that Charzi. Have you met him?
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't met him, but I love him because I mean he lets he lets her come to LA and stay with me for ten days. So yes, yeah, he's really awesome.
Speaker 3: What does he do for work? Does he work in the business as well?
Speaker 1: No, but similar because he does work on boats. He works offshore as a as a driller. So I can't tell you exactly what he does. This is really bad?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: I just know that he does very well for himself, and he just is also has to live in tiny little spaces as well, so he gets the whole like cabin.
Speaker 3: See see if like one of those jazz was like two weeks on, two weeks off or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's one month on, one month off, which is actually really nice. And I think it's lovely to have, you know, a month away from each other because you come on like you appreciate the time that you have together.
Speaker 3: I could not agree more. I'm such a fan of long distance relationships. Like I think ultimately, you know, ending up or having the intention to end up in the same spot or like what I say, it doesn't even have to be the same like home base. It's like hopefully sleeping in the same bed the majority of the nights that you're like of your life, Like that would be the ultimate goal that I have. But that doesn't even necessarily have to mean living together.
Speaker 1: Right, I like that we don't live together on my own house. He's got his house and it works. He comes and stays here and you know, I spend time there and it's great, and actually, you know, by the time he leaves, I'm really quite happy to see the back of him.
Speaker 3: You love the side of the back of his head as he exits the door. How romantic, Kayley. But it's kind of a dichotomy that think about it, because here you are, You're on a ship, you're sleeping in these tight quarters, You're with people you literally cannot leave their side, you don't even know them when you go into the situation, and yet you're like, ah, I like my space away from my partner. So like, tell me about that dynamic with the being on this ship and like working with these people who you didn't choose to be in your life.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was so happy to just be there. If I'm totally honest, I'm so happy.
Speaker 3: Do you have a great attitude or you like you can feel it on the show too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly, MAGNI I felt like, there's not a lot of people that get this opportunity, and I've got this opportunity. So actually, days that I started to feel a little bit, you know, a bit, I was tired, I was getting teasy. Obviously, there was quite a bit of drama on my season, and it started to get a little bit, you know, get a bit intense. When I was feeling like that, I kind of just like, have a little word with myself, have a little breather, and be like, hey, like, I've got no three weeks left on this boat. I can do this. This is fine. I have this, and I just to be honest. I learn a lot about myself being on the show because I realized that I'm a lot more patient than I ever gave myself credit for. And it is hard. It's very hard working and living in confined spaces because I'm one of those people that as soon as I wake up, and Chelsea, you'll tell me you agree with this. When I wake up, I like to have my like ten to fifteen minutes where I sit on my phone check all my SoC shirts the same way. Yeah, yeah, lovely, Well understanding when we were.
Speaker 5: Here, you should tell her what we do every morning with each other? Oh God, like, literally tell me I wake up because we're on such different time zones.
Speaker 4: So when I go to bed, I'm getting messages from her like when she's waking up, and so we send each other voice memos and dms every single like day basically, and we just catch up with each other.
Speaker 5: That way, You're coming.
Speaker 1: Party and I'm waking up and having breakfast and you're like, wow, six am here. I like it.
Speaker 3: I love it, La La and England. That's a that's a gap, it is.
Speaker 1: It's too much of a gap, to be very honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're so you're in these tight quarters, You're you're feeling grateful for everything. But then there's like some moments on there where I felt like you really developed a more intense connection than just you know, a colleague, or more than just you know, know, somebody that you're sharing space with. Like, for instance, Tyler, you talked to you consult him about not, you know, having not come out to his parents yet.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me about that.
Speaker 1: I honestly think that I don't realize sometimes how confident I am and how sure of myself I am, because actually I do stuff like that with complete ease. I don't even think about it. To approach somebody, obviously I would have had to build a rapport with them. I would just come up to stranger and be like.
Speaker 5: Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I feel like you might.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That I probably have to be fair. I'm that weird person that you try not to make eye contact with.
Speaker 2: Right, that is not true. That is the opposite of true.
Speaker 3: You're drappedat gorgeous people can help but stares straight at you, even if they don't.
Speaker 4: Want to to be seen person.
Speaker 3: You just like, that's a that's an objective fact, Hayley, So we can move on from that.
Speaker 2: That is the truth.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 5: And then she opens her mouth and it's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh it's better.
Speaker 3: But okay, So you're talking to Tyler because you're you're just super confident about this love bug.
Speaker 1: Now, Tyler, you know, he's a lot. He's a lot younger than I am. And how old is he? He's twenty If I get this strong who go mentor.
Speaker 2: Three twenty three?
Speaker 1: It could be right, pretty young. When someone's in their twenties, I just assume they're just they're just young.
Speaker 2: They're just the same same.
Speaker 3: That's just I feel like twenty eight though twenty eight you're like, Okay, you're grown up now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't date anyone under thirty. I do other things with people.
Speaker 2: There good for other things, Yeah, exactly, who.
Speaker 1: Are Basically as soon as Tyler joined the boat. I tried to, you know, take him under my wing a little bit, because we were mid season, and I can't actually imagine how terrifying it is joining a boat which is actually a TV show with all the king that's already built these relationships. So I immediately became you know, I wanted to make him feel comfortable. I really wanted to be his friend, and not in a creepy way. I just wanted to be I'm here for you. You know, you've got me. If you've got you know, I hope you make other friends, but you've got me, So I just I guess I just made that very apparent very quickly. We spent a lot of time together because we were always on cabins together, and while we were doing cabins, we were obviously messing around in people's rooms and getting caught, but also we were talking a lot about his sexuality, about his boyfriend, him being a bit frightened about coming out, and I guess I was just so interested in helping him make this happen because I knew it was going to be what would make him feel happy, because he was very anxious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, authentically, you're good at that.
Speaker 1: He was anxious. He was clearly worried. It was clearly getting to him. So I just said look, And it did show a scene of me which actually made me look a little bit pushy where I'm like, oh, have you spoken to your mum? But that was literally just me asking have you spoken to your mom? In conversation? You know, it wasn't something.
Speaker 2: I was spliced it a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I suppose it wouldn't. It wouldn't be entertaining if they didn't do that.
Speaker 2: You got to like sum it up somehow.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to ask you about because I was on the Real Housewives of Orange County for three years, I know a lot about you know, splicing and you know, moving the stuff around to make the storyline flow. So when there was a moment when you got caught in the bedroom with who were you with in there?
Speaker 1: So Susan walked in? So why what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want to know what happened because I want to know if that was real or not.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what happened. I was at this point, I think what will be there's six weeks of the season. I think we were on week five, so well, no, it was it week five, when was it?
Speaker 3: It was like, I think you had one more?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So what anyway? Regardless, very tired. I was starting to lose the plot, and I used to find a little bit of entertainment in playing around with you know, if I saw something funny, I'd pick it up and I'd maybe put it on my head or whatever.
Speaker 2: The heir life you're getting thrill felt.
Speaker 1: Like doing exactly but this time, unfortunately Hayley got caught.
Speaker 2: But did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I was rolling around basically like a complete mess on Susan's bed and then she just walked out. So it was like, oh shit, yeah, sorry about and just got up and just started slapping basically, and poor Susan was just good there.
Speaker 2: You were like we love you. I love you so much, We love you so much? That is true?
Speaker 1: Did you love her? That's a lovely person and a lighthearted bit of playing around, and she just happened to walk in. Of course, she walked in, of course, But so I think.
Speaker 2: Did the crew maker or did the yeah, did the crew like anybody make her walk in?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that was organic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just walked It was just.
Speaker 3: Like funny, Okay, well what about Lakisha. Nobody liked Lakeisha.
Speaker 1: She was she was a character and a half, wasn't she?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Was that produced?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Was she doing that on purpose?
Speaker 1: What was the deal with?
Speaker 2: She was like low key needy.
Speaker 1: I believe greedy is probably a better description I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, there's no way this bitch is being so disrespectful.
Speaker 2: There's no way, like this is not to be a character.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: The person on Breakfast when I saw a liquash on the on the sofa.
Speaker 2: Wait, so she did sleep there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was okay, So that wasn't shown on the show.
Speaker 3: So I wasn't sure if maybe like she just did it to be like get more TV time or something and then like went back to her room.
Speaker 1: No, it's I mean, I'm pretty sure she did.
Speaker 5: I am not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I asked her, I said, did you like you slept upstairs? Why don't you sleep in the bed? And she goes, oh, I just have I'm like claustrophobic. And I was like, oh, okay, I didn't think anything of it.
Speaker 3: Charlsie, how are you friends with this person? And you're such a nice guy, You're so respectful.
Speaker 5: She's so she was so sweet.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't see her act this way once, Like that's the crap easiest part, Like I didn't hear, you know, even when we got like the gold on her steak dinner and stuff, I didn't know she requested that. I was like, oh wow, Rachel made us like gold flakes on this this is nice. Like I literally was so oblivious to any of that, And when I watched the show, I was shocked.
Speaker 3: So I casted for below Deck. This is a fun fact.
Speaker 2: You've heard it here. You heard it first year, folks.
Speaker 3: So I cast it for Below Deck as a as a guest, and I was the what is it called, like the main person or something, the primary.
Speaker 2: I was the primary.
Speaker 3: And so I got like a girls group together and we're gonna go to Norway, and we like were locked in and everything. We were signing contracts. I like put my contract ACKed in. It was all like sign, sealed, delivered. It's gonna be a girls trip with like my friends from Saint Louis. And then it fell apart because these bitches here in Saint Louis thought like got these real big heads and thought that the cameras were gonna be like so interested in their story and like it's not about you, it's about the crew, it's not about the guests.
Speaker 2: Like we're there to go have fun.
Speaker 3: Like, believe me, you might not even be Mike the whole time, Like no one cares about your your son's grades at school, Like that's not gonna be aired.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense. But I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: Like they got so into their heads like they're gonna be famous from this and they just don't want to be famous for the wrong reasons kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I couldn't handle it, So I'm like, I'm I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 3: But that's how close I wastime.
Speaker 2: It would have been amazing, amazing, annoying.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should go and get people to come back, because I might be there when you are. You never know. That would be cool, wouldn't it be fun?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 5: Well, let's go. Let's do Mediterranean this September. Sign me up, Haley can. Maybe Haley will be working it for us. We'll be like, what's.
Speaker 2: Up, Yeah, Hailey, when are you going back? Which one are you doing next?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I don't actually know if I am going back.
Speaker 5: No one ever knows.
Speaker 1: Until kind of quite it because there's quite a big process that goes through, you know, with the casting. So they've got so many shows going on at all times. They've got like four.
Speaker 2: Shows, you really do, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they're constantly having to cast. So really it's quite a last minute thing. And I do understand that because they've just got so much going on with casting. So it isn't something that I'm going to know anytime soon, I don't think, but I'll.
Speaker 2: Keep me posted.
Speaker 1: I will mage you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for coming on today. I love your friendship.
Speaker 3: I love how you met and this has been so much fun to chat about the insider info, and I.
Speaker 2: Hope that we get to meet in person. Look, I'm in the middle.
Speaker 3: I'm in sane, so like to stop here when you guys go see each other. Okay, welcome anytime. Saint Louis, Missouri the middle of the country, and you.
Speaker 5: Guys are always welcome to come to LA anytime. Obviously.
Speaker 3: Well I'm coming next week, baby, let me know, all right, guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Let's be in touch.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks.
Speaker 2: So cute. That was so much fun talking to them.
Speaker 3: I had so many questions that I wanted to get down to like, for instance, did Haley really get caught on the ship when she was in the guest bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yes she did.
Speaker 3: And was that that asshole guest really an asshole?
Speaker 2: Yes she was so. And by the way, their relationship is so cool. That was not shown on below Deck at all.
Speaker 3: So it's really cool to kind of get the insider info here on Intimate Knowledge and see how the behind the scenes things work because having been on a reality show myself, I know that things can be spliced in dice, but it sounds like from below Deck everything.
Speaker 2: Is pretty much as it seems.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, you heard it here first, because if I know, you know, Okay, Bye, see you next week.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to Intimate Knowledge on iHeartRadio or wherever you listen to podcasts.