Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne to God, peace to the planet. Is Monday, Yes, Monday.
Speaker 2: Back to the work week. Oh, scretch it out, man, everybody. Stretch y'all, crack your neck, do what you gotta do. Do your meditations, your daily affirmations, your prayer.
Speaker 1: What's happening. Another week is upon us.
Speaker 3: That's right, And shout to all the moms out there. Yesterday, of course was Mother's Day, so shout to all the moms. Hopefully you had an amazing mother's day.
Speaker 2: Mother's Day is very complicated because you know why, mothers. We need y'all, oh absolutely, and we need.
Speaker 1: Y'all soul, soul so much.
Speaker 2: And as much as we want to give y'all a break on Mother's Day, it's.
Speaker 1: Hard when you got multiple kids. Yes, it is, yes, like we got four of them. Things.
Speaker 2: Okay, as much as I want to give you know, the wife a break, I don't know what nothing.
Speaker 1: Net. I don't know how to do nothing, you know what I mean? Yeah, I don't know how to do.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to fix no plates, I do, you know, but then you forget that day. These kids are kids, and you gotta cut up food, all kinds of this is this. I just can't do it mothers. I can't do what my wife does. I just can't.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I had to double war me this week. And Saturday was my anniversary. Me and my wife are married twenty two years Saturday. So we were out in Atlanta, went to a noble in Atlanta to shout to everybody in Atlanta. Then Sunday when we got back. We got back early Sunday morning, like eight in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The plan was to barbecue, and I was supposed to barbecue, and then I thought about exactly what you said. I ain't got the time or the patience to cook and then cut up everybody thinking and clean. So I went to Vibes and Queens. Vibes's this soul food spot, and I just ordered mad food.
Speaker 1: I picked the same thing, picked up my mom.
Speaker 3: And we went to the house, and you know, I just I just had a spread of food from everything that you could possibly imagine. My mom was there, you know, and you know, Grandma is still gonna be Grandma. So Grandma was there, my wife was there. We just had an amazing time, and my wife just said, look, I just want to relax.
Speaker 1: And that's when ITH got real.
Speaker 2: Yes, because then I had you And the fact what makes it worse because the same thing happened to me this weekend.
Speaker 1: Y'all wasn't home all weekend.
Speaker 2: I wasn't home all week I was out with my good sister Dollar Bishop celebrating her born day because her born day was Friday.
Speaker 1: Me and my wife was gone all weekend.
Speaker 2: So when you get back in the midst of Mother's Day, Yes, them kids is happy to see us, that's right, you know what I mean, and more happy to see mom.
Speaker 1: That's right. Mom. You can't relax right now. I know you want to, you can't relax, but you just can't at this moment.
Speaker 3: Then the kids got you know I call a diaryhe of the mouth because they want to tell everything that happened, everything that happened.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I had an amazing time.
Speaker 3: So you had to, you know, cook, clean and get the kids ready for bed, and get the kids ready for school.
Speaker 2: This morning, I did about sixty percent of that sixty or the baths were already done.
Speaker 1: The babysitter did the baths. Then I helped brush the teeth.
Speaker 2: Okay, I read a story to one of them because the other one didn't want me to read the story they had. Mama had to read that story. Yep, the more, all of the stories. We can't do nothing without y'all.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 3: I had a little Chico Madison. Madison was there, so you know. Madison is my twenty one year old daughter. So she did about all the percent of the work. But I am selling these bracelets. You see these bracelets right here. Yeah, my daughter decided that she has a new business and making bracelets. She's selling them for two dollars, so I'm gonna be coming in paying buying. So everybody, now, y'all buy chocolate from people. I'm selling y'all bracelets. Two dollars of bracelet. Y'all can pick the colors y'all want. I got a nice rainbow one for you. Yes, she did a rainbow. She said, you and Charlemagne deserved the rainbow. So I got you and me got rainbow match. Let's a little cheap. I'm pay a dollar for it. Giving up too, I'll give you a dollar for man.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get the show craft strings hanging out. I don't know, man, I give it. I give you her a dollar two hours. Man.
Speaker 2: The craftmanship don't don't look the draftmanship looks average, typical, mediocre.
Speaker 1: I got a dollar two dollars man. All right, when we come back, Testlim figure will be joining us. Of course, we got front page news.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden, he was at the other h U over the weekend, the fake HU, and he well, we'll get into what he said when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: On morning owning everybody. It's dj en v Charlemagne Goud. We are the breakfast club less getting some front page news.
Speaker 1: TESTLM figure out, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Charlemagne the God and dj n v yeo.
Speaker 1: How was your mother's day?
Speaker 5: It was wonderful, my fifteen year old.
Speaker 6: She got me a nice little gift basket of thoughtful things and she picked out for me, and so we went to brunch and had a wonderful, wonderful time.
Speaker 5: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: Happy mother's Day? Test, absolutely yes. And let's start off with sports.
Speaker 3: That he beat the Knicks ninety six ninety two on Friday, that he knixes up out of here. Uh, and the Lakers beat the Warriors one twenty one on one, and the Celtics beat the seventy six.
Speaker 1: So who we got? Because you know, you know, I saw something interesting yesterday.
Speaker 2: These for the last four teams that's in the finals now were the same four teams that were in the bubble a few years ago. Lakers, Nuggets, Uh, who all, Celtics and Heat?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, who we got out of those four? I say Lakers Celtics. I picked the I did too.
Speaker 3: I'm going I think I think the Nuggets are one it all and I think Lakers Celtics, and then I go Celtics.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's gonna come out to the East. I guess I would say the Celtics could be the Heat, but I think the Nuther score with it though.
Speaker 3: All right now, Teslin figure. Oh, Joe Biden was at that other HU over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, he said the real age actually in his feet his mouth beat his mouth, yeah, invoking the battle cry. President Biden used the galvanized voters in the twenty twenty election cycle. He called on Howard University graduates to fight for the soul of the nation and Now. President Biden did receive some strong applause throughout the speech, but his message was not received by everyone. Some students visibly criticized the Biden Harris administration treatment of African Americans. One sign said Biden and Harris don't care about black people, and another sign read stand up, fight back, Black people are under attack now. There were mixed reviews about how President Biden addressed white supremacy. Some said it was good that he mentioned it, and critics said that he was pandering. A check out what he had to say, and we'll talk about on the other.
Speaker 7: Side, progress over retreat, stand up against the poison white supremacist. I did my inaugural address to a single out as the most dangerous terrorist threat to our homeland is white supremacy. I'm not saying this because I'm at a black HBCU. I say, wherever I go, stand up for truth over lies, lies, told for power and profit, to confront the ongoing assault, to subvert our election, frush our right to vote.
Speaker 2: Oh, nobody would ever say President Biden is pandering. If you know they actually implemented some legislation to oppose white supremacy, that would be my question like, what has Joe Biden done to assist and dismantling systemic racism. We're still waiting for him to atone for his roles in the war on drugs and math incarceration. Whether if the eighties and crack laws, the ninety four crime built, all the legislation he implemented that reinforced systemic racism.
Speaker 1: You know, so what has he done in that tone for that?
Speaker 2: You would they wouldn't call it panderin if you know you actually had implemented legislation.
Speaker 3: To reverse some of those things. Yeah, you know, I wanted to say that. I know a lot of people weren't happy with how Howard handled some of the things that they did. I know, to get tickets, I know, you had to be there at five am and it didn't start to tend, so a lot of people had to wait there for five hours.
Speaker 1: Also, I would say this.
Speaker 3: I always thought when people come to give these speech, it's supposed to be inspiration, right, It's supposed to be explaining their struggling what they've been through. I hated sometimes when these politicians go up there and make it all about them and not about the students who you know, you know, sat there for four years or five years and studied and went through everything they had to do to get possibly that diploma or their masters or whatever it may be. I just I hate when that happens. It's what it should be about the students, right and what they went through.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Campaign, I don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's absolutely campaigning, you know it.
Speaker 6: He addressed you know, issues that he, I guess felt more important for black people, just to be quite honest with you, to say, but we talked about this before, and I've said it many times that people, you know, they remember the promises you made, not necessarily the process. So when you stand up, you know and say, hey, I'm going to do X, y Z, and this is what I'm going to make happen, and then you don't really have anything to back it up during campaign season, it kind of, you know, it hurts you. So I think what Biden's main issue was to talk about, you know, healing America. But it would be nice to see if some of the promises he's made, if he's actually been able to implement that, because that's what folks want to hear, you know, the same time this was happening, Ron DeSantis was in you know, during during the campaign speech.
Speaker 5: Talking about the things that they plan on doing for America.
Speaker 6: So hopefully, you know, as they continue to campaign that actually start talking about some of the promises that they plan on delivering on.
Speaker 5: When we talk about you know, HBCUs.
Speaker 6: And the funding and how that fell short, and when we talk about student debt and talk about what are you going to do to help with inflation and private companies and all of that, people want to hear that. These students want to know what is going to happen after I graduate. So we'll see if that message and tightens up as we move forward.
Speaker 2: And as you absolutely right, but man, when you've been in politics as long as if President Biden has, man, you should be able to point to some legislation that you actually implemented that has helped some people.
Speaker 1: It helped at this point, you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean to still be talking about what you want to do when you're one hundred and three years old, it's crazy have been in politics for seventy seven years.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, all right, Well that is front page news.
Speaker 3: I just know a lot of those students went through a lot that become you know, boys become men, in college, girls become women in college and the strike and the struggle and getting your college paid for it and working.
Speaker 1: It means so much to get that degree. And I'm just in a campaign trail.
Speaker 3: You know you've been saying the same thing for the last four years, like give them kids something, let them feel some type of inspiration.
Speaker 1: All pay for that. What's the brother that paid for all their kids college?
Speaker 3: M Robert Smith say, you know what, I'm gonna take care all.
Speaker 1: You, President Biden, at least not over the table, maybe under some of the stuff I read last week. And Biden's been.
Speaker 3: Getting it getting alright, Tesla, we're seeing a couple of minutes. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five. Want to let us know how your weekend was. Let's talk about some teens. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's a new day. Is your time to get it off your text whether you're man or blass, time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eighty five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who is this show? DJ?
Speaker 3: Envy?
Speaker 9: What's going on? With Charlotte Mane. How y'all going, man? Just Coach Davis, Good morning, Coach Davis?
Speaker 1: What UK? Good morning?
Speaker 9: I'm good man, I'm good.
Speaker 10: Hey.
Speaker 9: Listen man, I'm glad y'all treated your y'all queens like queens yesterday. Man, and uh, you know, happy Mother's Day till all the kings out there. Related. But listen, this is what I wanted to talk about, our our young our young king young friends. Ja Moran, Yes, sir, you know, unfortunately, you know, he put himself in back in the spotlight, you know, with these antics again and people talk about his circle, right yep, at this point, he chose his circle and we can't we can't forget that. But this is what I think his my take on it. I think the young man is coming to the pressure of being a star in the NBA. Not everybody's built like that. And I don't think the pressure is coming from with from with Fay and I think it's coming from without. And by that I mean I think there's precious feeling, maybe familiar precious because we see that. I think his father loves him being in the NBA more than he loves to be in the NBA. You know, because if he really did, I don't think he would be be self sabotaged himself and behaving the man in.
Speaker 1: Which he is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's definitely self sabotaged. It's definitely self sabotaged. And I agree with you, you know what I'm saying. We can't point to anything in this situation to blame except for John Morant. You can't point to his father, you can't point to his circle. He got to hold himself accountable. But it's hard to say he don't love being in the NBA when you know he's he's such a phenomenal player.
Speaker 1: He is such a phenomenal player.
Speaker 3: But I do feel like some things need to happen to damn him, almost lose what he has, to really respect it and understand what he has. I mean, there's so many people that would love to be in the NBA, that would love to be a bench player in the NBA, and the fact that this brother is, like you said, so phenomenal, and like you said, it's not about his friends, it's not about his father. John got to look at himself. And you know, we all fall victims to certain things that we love. And I know a lot of people love guns and all that other stuff. And there's nothing wrong with owning a gun or loving the possession of a gun, but walking around carrying that gun like you don't have security, like you can't afford security, like you want to use it is that's the problem.
Speaker 1: It's a pathn of behavior. You know what I'm saying. Is this a padtern of behavior?
Speaker 2: And also the other thing is like people say, oh, he wants to be a rapper or he wants to be a dog.
Speaker 1: You want to be a gangster like Johnny. You realize all of the rappers and gangsters would love to be.
Speaker 2: You absolutely, Like, if you really want to flex on the GRAMD, show us something we ain't ever seen before. Anybody can wave a gun on Instagram. Show me ten million in cash, you know what I mean. Show me a whole neighborhood that you bought in me if it's our whole neighborhood you bought in South Carolina. Show me one hundred acres, three hundred acres that you bought in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Those are the things that people can't do. Correct. You're doing regular stuff. You're doing stuff that any broke, average joe can do On social media. Every day's right.
Speaker 2: Your behavior job is typical, average, mediocre and stuck in the bigotry of low expectations.
Speaker 3: Jesus, and I'm just saying, well, Ivan Kay Williams witting date, you didn't, but anyway, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. If you need to vent, it's up now it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 11: Enving morning?
Speaker 1: Was this Traft? Yes?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 1: Traft?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 12: Storry?
Speaker 1: P Sis? What's happening today? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just today.
Speaker 1: Don't sound went in by that. You know what I want to ask you, Trav.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you right as a as a as a P one breakfast Club listeners, as one of the listeners that other listeners know, who has been your favorite guest hole so far?
Speaker 4: We I never asked you that my favorite guests hole so far as Honestly, I want to.
Speaker 2: Say Larry, like yes, okay, oh and see I know that's coming from a real place, because you know you you've had your issues with just in the past.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was five years ago, but you know things have changed, and I just listening to her, like honestly, she's been attainting. She she can be funny and she can be serious and at her in time.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's been just so far. Okay, Okay, I'm just caring.
Speaker 3: Who's number two. I'm just curious who's number two?
Speaker 4: I like qualitya okay, okay, all right, and I like Jason Lee is number three.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Now what's up, trave I know you got some things on your mind.
Speaker 4: My mama, Salomee, my mama got a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 1: What's up with mama?
Speaker 4: Because okay, Big Pam from North Philly, she was listening to BT and she said that she heard you call me a bottom trade bastard. And you said, don't be calling her son, no bastard if you don't know what that means, because you got a mama editor.
Speaker 1: That's right. I'm sorry, Mama Pam. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: She wasn't mad about the bottom trade. You know, she know your bottom, she know your bottom, she knows you trade. But you know you're not a basket.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 13: Missing the basket part.
Speaker 4: But I don't care. She said, keep it cute. If you don't know what the word bastard means.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to say that. What I meant to call you was bottom ten trade by it's not the big pan for Philly. Hello, who's this? Hey, good morning? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 12: So the Body administration, I think there's a lot that uh that they failed are especially addressing issues with a lot of African American women in their construction trade, especially men is a small business owner, I never got the platform until now to let somebody hear my story, and I would like to see if I could come on the show to address some of my issues with my case. You know, we we've experienced a lot of problems with oversight in this administration and the past administration, and nobody is doing anything about it. Nobody's addressing it. These are politicians. They don't do their jobs. They go to work and they get in this bubble and they don't listen to the American people, the constituent of the United States. You want to talk about an insurrection, This is an insurrection on the American people. So these are issues that need to be addressed in our community and in this administration and past administration. So let's address them.
Speaker 2: Okay, We'm gonna put you on to talk to off producer man to get more information.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Hello, who's this James from Carolina?
Speaker 1: Hey, James, get it off your chest? What part off filina you call it from?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was in Carolina this weekend. I was in Greensboro.
Speaker 4: Oh well he was done for the wrestling joiner.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I got my peoples. Was down there celebrating my people's born day. My good sister Dolly Bishop.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: Everybody listening listened to us on Hot one or two point nine at green Brough.
Speaker 10: Yeah, good morning to everybody there. Yeah. I wanted to why why is it that our culture, man, like our is the hip hop culture, it's like slaky when it comes to big names, uh, clothing brands that were like black OneD like back in the nineties, you remember we had Fat Form, FuGO, cal To nine, stuff like that, and like hip hop artists were big and big enough to you know, like representing them and stuff, you know, wearing their clothing. And in their videos, interviews stuff like that. But now it's like you don't see that they're they're wearing these uh Gucci and Product and all that, all these other these names that's been out for decades and they're still relevant.
Speaker 3: Well, shout shout some of the black black the black businesses out there, Dad.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm saying, like Carl conw you know he's still selling clothing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well shout the shout the food booll, shout all those brands. What what new brands you're wearing now, Brother, I.
Speaker 4: Really ain't had any.
Speaker 9: Brands like that.
Speaker 1: I can give you a few, Like right now, I'm wearing a pair of art Meats Chaos jeans. You know what I'm saying, Art Meast Chaos is a black on brand.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody is rocking the Essentials in the Fear of God stuff right now. That's another black on brand, you know what I mean. You got stuff like Denom Tears.
Speaker 3: Like it's a lot of different gods, black queens. I'm wearing the African American College Alliance, which is a black owned company through my god, Chris, Chris Chris. Then there's always there's there's a bunch of black brands out there. You just gotta you just gotta look at And Jordan is black. I don't know why people act like Jordan is black, you know, own a majority of it of his company. Yeah, I mean even stuff like off white, you know what I mean, I know white is I know, I know people used to.
Speaker 1: I think he sold that though he at I think you said one time it was black dressed like public school. Far tell Far. I mean it's mad black on brands right, the brand c S I.
Speaker 3: A the brother from the West Coast that came up that one time.
Speaker 2: Maybe I need to start shouting it out more because honestly, the majority of stuff I wear is black on brand.
Speaker 3: Me too, shout to up my god versus my enemy that you you probably see me and they were before Shadow thet dude.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot that we do, we that we definitely support and I always got it.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 1: You can salute the marathon clothing. I literally got on a pair of jeans right now. You don't see no look right now, it's jeans black on brand.
Speaker 2: I got Don Juan and Don Don has been so many different black on brands, you know, from academics. Yeah, man, there's a lot of black on brands out there. My brother, you just got to look. Google is your friend, bro, That's.
Speaker 1: Right, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vict you can hit us up when we come back. We got to discuss John Morant.
Speaker 1: So don't move.
Speaker 3: I know, sad situation. It's the breakfast Club, come morning, the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club owning everybody. It's TJ n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Let's talk John Morant a name or you've gossip been you chatting this? It's the rumor report.
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 1: Spells right on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: John Moran has been suspended from team activities after a second video circulates showing him flashing a gun. Now it looks like John Moran is actually driving a vehicle. His man is in the passenger side. They're listening to whatever they're listening to.
Speaker 1: I wasn't paying. Now it looks like he was driving. His man starts.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, I guess showing on live him in the car and them in the car vibin when they flash Jahn Morant, John Morant has a gun up as he's rapping.
Speaker 2: I love a multitask if he was driving and listening to the NBA young Boy and waving his gun at the same time. Yes, interest, it looks like his man seeing what would happen, I'll say allegedly, allegedly allegedly, but it looks like his man seeing what happened and put the camera down fast, like I don't think his man seeing John Morant holding a gun was like, Oh, I'm gonna show this. Looks like they were vibing his man show him on FA on live and then when he paired to John Morant, John Morant, Actually, how you got so muchy? Why they got so many options, so much beef that they got to ride around with guns? Though I would think that when you're John Morant, you're worth you know, a few hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: If it's sta serious, just keep my home security with you at all time.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the NBA suspended suspended Moran for eight games without pay.
Speaker 1: Last time.
Speaker 3: He had allegedly had a gun in a nightclub in Colorado, So we don't know what's going to happen now. But I'm with you, Like, if if I have so much money, you know, and my contracts are so big, and I have so many endorsements, if I do have beef or problems or situations with anybody, I can put a security guard on payroll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have all these conversations about people tricking tricking you off the street, but we don't ever talk about it us tricking ourselves off the street enough, you know what I mean, Because I don't care. Y'all can point to Jo's friends, y'all can point to Ja's father. The person that's ultimately responsible for Job's poor choices is Joah Moran, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And THEEDS is just a series of poor choices.
Speaker 2: And it's not just you know, him waving the gun on Instagram Live again, Like, there's a series of incidents that I'm sure on Monday morning today are making all these corporations that are paying him hundreds of millions of dollars sit back and they're thinking about They're rethinking these partnerships this morning guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Of course, so many of his peers had things to say, like Jalen Rose and for Jah.
Speaker 15: To put himself in this situation just a short time after that scenario happened. I agree with steven A, this is gonna be a twenty twenty five game suspension. It's unfortunate also for the organization because now it puts a damper going into next season. How well can you play if you're gonna miss John Morant for so many games? But I gotta also say this, He is twenty three, he just finished his fourth year in the league. And I'm personally just glad that social media didn't exist when I was in college or when I was in the league, because, like I said before, I put myself in a lot of questionable positions and made a lot of poor decisions like we see him making right now.
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to talk about it like it's the end for him.
Speaker 2: I'm going to unpack more of this in a donkey of to day. But the thing that buzzs me out about this situation is the why, Like why is he doing this? Like we've seen people, you know, fumble things before, We've seen like people do outlands things before, But why behind it? Like it might have been upset over a woman, you know, they might be on drugs, or they might be on alcohol.
Speaker 1: Unless that is the case, I don't know what is the reason for doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't make sense. It's not like I'm holding this up so y'all know what I got. So when y'all come, it does make a root to self destructive.
Speaker 1: Behavior, right. I don't know what the route to this behavior is in any way, shape or for me.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy to me because it's like if you're trying to mimic somebody, Like if you're trying to mimic you know, I don't know whether it's the rappers or the street dude. Those dudes would kill to be you. Absolutely, Yah, they want to be you. You want to be them, but they would die, literally die to be you.
Speaker 1: Salute what are we doing? Young man? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Right, Now we got to talk about the Brat. Now of the Brat apologizes for a sperm donor comments. If you don't remember, she was saying something about, you know, she was looking for a sperm donor. She couldn't find any African American donors and the one that she did find looked like Jimmy Cricket.
Speaker 1: Well, the Brat apologizes for that statement.
Speaker 16: I didn't think it would be offensive. To anybody. I cracked jokes about almost everybody that I saw. That one just happened to make it in the show. I wasn't trying to be mean or like say anything negative about black people. We were looking for a black donor. It was just misconstrued and taking way out of context.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so I'm more on social than she is, and there were things that I was really trying to board her from seeing. They had comments that said, I just hope you guys miscarry, and I know if they're coming on my page, they're coming on her page. So I'm trying to delete a lot of stuff so she can't see it on my page and she can't see it on her page because it was extreme hate, if nothing else.
Speaker 5: At this time, I feel like this should.
Speaker 17: Be at least an educational moment so our people aren't its ignorant, so other different women.
Speaker 14: Don't have that stulationship.
Speaker 2: I agree with her, but you shouldn't be able to say, coming in conversations about sperm, you gotta pick another word.
Speaker 1: Shut up, man, shut up.
Speaker 3: But she apologize, and you know she understands what she said was wrong, and I think, you know, you give a little grace shout to the brash out to Judy.
Speaker 1: I hope that baby's a healthy baby and her but everything is its just right for.
Speaker 2: Y'allree, what is grace in twenty twenty three though there is no such thing. Don't nobody give nobody no damn grace.
Speaker 1: People mess up, They make mistakes, and if you, I.
Speaker 2: Agree with you. But people in twenty twenty three, well they've been doing this for a while. They act like nobody can make a mistake, but we do realize that is the way. So that's what fuel social media. Right when we talk about driss for the mill, like that is all of grists that social media need. They wake it up right now this morning, waiting to be upset at something somebody did or said. They cannot wait. They wouldn't know what to do if somebody didn't do something to day to upset them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and lastly, I just want to report on Jamie Fox.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: On Friday, there was reports that Jamie Fox's family was preparing for the worst. Well, his daughter said an update from the family, sad to see how the media runs wild. My dad has been out of the hospital for weeks recuperating. In fact, he was playing pickleball yesterday. Thanks for everyone's prayers and supports. We have an exciting work announcement coming.
Speaker 1: Next week too. What the hell is pickleball?
Speaker 3: It's like if you think of tennis, but the court is a lot smaller and it's Donald Rowland plays it all the time.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: It's like a new sport that they've been doing. Don't drop on the clues bombs for Jamie Fox.
Speaker 2: Okay, And this is why I said last week, you shouldn't be just running around speculating about things. Stop worrying about you know the why sometime and just throw some prayers.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If you know somebody's going through something, stop coming up with all these different rumors and ahiligations and this person did this, and this person did that, and somebody's out to get him.
Speaker 1: Forget all of that. Like just saying prayer for him, that's right, that's it.
Speaker 3: So he got to say that's all you can do and wait for his family to make an announcement whatever it is like she did, that's right, all right, and now.
Speaker 1: Out there playing buttonnecker pickleball. So where I didn't say buttonneckd I just said pickle ball. Oh this well, pickleball sounds like a sport you would play button neeckerd don Elle, it definitely does.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that your rumor report, And next time I want to open up the phone lines eight hundred and five, eight five, one oh five one. I want to say again, salute to all the mothers out there. I hope you guys had an amazing Mother's Day, but for us fathers out there, it might not have been as amazing.
Speaker 2: We tried, We try and tell what I'm saying, fathers try to give y'all the day off.
Speaker 1: We try to just make it a nice, relaxing day for y'all.
Speaker 2: But then we get into the mold for having to deal with them kids and realizing we don't know a.
Speaker 1: Damn thing, so we don't know what nothing' is that.
Speaker 3: So after front page news, we want to take some of the calls from them dad's out there that had a horrible time this Mother's Day that couldn't figure.
Speaker 1: It out, that we realize how important a mom is because I can't do I can't do here. I always know how important my wife is, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But the moral of the story is, there is nothing that makes you feel more defeated than when you're trying to figure it out and you have to still call your wife when you know she's trying to relax.
Speaker 1: I can't do here.
Speaker 3: I don't know what outfits my daughters should be wearing on my son suary, and I don't know what fits anymore. And the kids know you don't know what you just I don't know when I cut the meat pause a certain way. They're like, that's not how mommy does it. Watch your mouth talk about my kids. Eight hundred five.
Speaker 1: You're gonna ask your wife how to cut the meat? Eight hundred We want to talk to the dad. And I said something you should ask your wife about. You know what I mean? That is something you should ask your wife about. Front Page it was this the breakfast leg of Morning, The Breakfast Club. Your Morning's will never be the same. Audible pickure of the Day is the Space Within. Jessica Chastain, Bobby Cannibal, and an all star casts are on board for this supernatural audio thriller. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club Puling Everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ NV, Charlamagne the gud We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Now let's get in some front page news testing figure overs back on the test.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Now, let's start off with some quick sports.
Speaker 3: The Heat beat the next ninety six ninety two, The Heat moves on, The Lakers beat the Warriors one twenty two to one one. The Lakers moved on, and the Celtics beat the seventy six's one twelve eighty as nott A. Celtics take on the Heat and the Lakers take on the Denver Nuggets. Now, let's talk about the man that choked Jordan nearly to death. Now he raises nearly a million dollars.
Speaker 6: Yes, supporters are raising defense funds for Daniel Penny, the man charged with manslaughter for killing Jordan Neely on a New York City subway. Top conservatives and the National Police Association and advocacy group representing cops are celebrating Daniel Penny, calling him a good Samaritan. On Twitter, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, which is a possible twenty twenty four presidential contender, urge followers to donate to Penny's fund. He said, stop the lefts pro criminal agenda and take back the streets for law abiding citizens. We stand with good samaritans like Daniel Penny. Let's show the marine that America has got his back.
Speaker 5: Very disturbing, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very disturbing, because no man needs to lose his life unless he felt that his life was threatened. And I don't think from what everybody seeing, Daniel Penny's life was threatened to anybody on that train's life was threatened.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it doesn't seem right.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel about politicians picking sides and situations like this? Are politicians supposed to remain neutral?
Speaker 6: I feel like they should pick a side, pick aside, a step aside. I mean, that's the whole point that happened. Leadership in a bully pull fit and you know, being able to say what is right and what is wrong. And it's so interesting you said that, Charlemagne, because actually one of the signs that someone held up at the Howard University graduation was saying to fight and speak up for Jordan Neely. That was actually one of the signs that said that that someone you know just lost their life in New York and what are you going to do about it?
Speaker 5: So obviously people want people to to speak up.
Speaker 2: It is interesting how you know, in certain situations you'll see certain politicians waiting to tell like I want to hear what all the facts are, I want to wait until the investigation happened, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: That themes to come from the.
Speaker 2: Left a lot, right, be like, no, we know who's right, we know who's wrong, and so were riding with him?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 6: Especially what I find really, you know, when you talk about pick a side for the police Association to step in on this, I mean, that's a very clear message that they're basically saying, Hey, it's okay to be to take matters into your own head. Yeah, to be a vigilin. That's I mean, that's literally what it's saying. So I find that really disturbing.
Speaker 3: And just so it said, Jordan nearly didn't have a knife, he didn't have a gun, He didn't have anything that could actually kill somebody.
Speaker 6: Right, as far as what we know has been available to the public so far, he did not have anything on him. He also, folks who were on there that were witness said that he was.
Speaker 5: An out of threat.
Speaker 6: He was throwing trash and saying, you know, he wanted to die, and he was you know, like a lot of people with mental illness that we see all the time. You know, he was vocal, but they did not see him as a threat. Now again that's the information that we have that's available to us as the public. You know, I don't know if anything else may come out, you know, as a continued investigation, but as.
Speaker 5: Of now, he was not a threat.
Speaker 3: Now we got to talk about this Florida teen. Teenageer convicted a first degree murder and his mom.
Speaker 6: Yes, coming out of Mother's Day, this mother tried to help her son get away with murder.
Speaker 5: A thirty eight year old.
Speaker 6: Crystal Smith, the mother of Aidan Fucci, a Florida teenager convicted the first degree murder for stabbing a thirteen year old to death in twenty twenty one, changed her plea Friday from not guilty to no contests on charges of evidence tampering, a third degree felony, which is punishable by up to five years in prison. Now her son was charged as an adult and he's currently serving life in prison, and authorities have accused Smith of washing a pair of bloody jeans her son war after the crime. Officials say that Fucci, who was fourteen at the time, stabbed Tristian Bailey more than one hundred times, and Stacey Bailey, who was the mother of Fucci's victim, addressed Smith during a Friday's hearing. She said, I also pray that you will reflect upon your actions while you are without your children on this Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Well but one thing about a mom, But that mom probably even asked no questions. She just saw them the jeans, saw that they was dirty, and just got the washing.
Speaker 5: Them dirty bloody with her mind.
Speaker 1: She probably say why is he gen so dirty? Is this blood? Shen't probably has no question. You probably just got the Washington damn gens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it was probably beyond dirty, though they said it was. It was soaked with blood. I don't think you don't think she.
Speaker 1: Knew that it was blood. I'm sure she did.
Speaker 2: But the fact that she even still chose to washing them shows you how a mother's love.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even though I mean, you take any the fact that this fourteen year old was charged as an adult is kind of wild.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what I'm thinking. Now.
Speaker 3: He deserves some type of punishment, But the fact that a fourteen year old is charged as an adult.
Speaker 1: We all do stupid things. At thirteen and fourteen year olds.
Speaker 3: And I get it, he stabbed somebody a hundred times, But as an adult, it seems like a lot that child is going through problems, and that child needs some mental health.
Speaker 6: But to charge me even what I'm stabbing one hundred and fourteen times though he's fourteen.
Speaker 1: Years old, like that has problems, Like.
Speaker 5: You're gonna they're gonna sort it out in the penitentiary.
Speaker 6: You're gonna sort out all the problems because now you stabbed the girl one hundred and fourteen times and she just going back to the big sustained forty nine defense wounds to her head arms.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's got to be held accounting. He gott to be held accountable. I'm with you one hundred percent. He's got to be he's got to be held accountable. I mean, I just you know, he's a boy. He's a little boy at fourteen years old, Like he's not developed.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what happened or the case, but I just I thought that was the whole problem of the whole purpose of charging as a child in charge an adult, Like how do you how do you all of a sudden say this fourteen year old is now charges in Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you should charge him as a child and then he gets out in four years at these team because because because if what you're saying is true, and he definitely does have some you know, mental health issues that ain't gonna be sorted out in four years. Especially you see how you see the type of crime he committed at fourteen. But did you give a fourteen year old life?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've done life, I don't know. I mean, I don't know, man, he took a life. I don't know. I don't know. That's complicated. I really don't know. I don't know. What do you think, Tess?
Speaker 5: I mean, well, it happens to black little boys all the time.
Speaker 6: You know, if we look at the statistics, you know, they always see that this was, you know, a white little boy and I don't know what.
Speaker 20: Was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's play a game, guess what race it is. Probably would have lost because you probab would have thought he was black. And I know people say, you know, why do you keep bringing rac into it? Well, because that that has everything to do with the criminal justice system and how we're charged or overcharged and seen at our young men are seen as adults, and so there are plenty of fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen year olds that are that are charged, you know, as adults for murders. So when we look at life though, that could be a thirty year sentence to twenty years sent you know, it's not necessarily to the end of one's life. But I think in this particular situation, when I dug into the case, this was not about retaliation revenge.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a crime of passion.
Speaker 1: He just did this just because it can't be just because like something got to be wrong.
Speaker 6: Oh well, we know something's definitely wrong with them, but I'm saying this wasn't like a you know, a crime of passion or a break you know, none of it is justifiable. But I'm saying this literally was just he just said, Hey, I want to kill somebody, and he just randomly just took this, this, this young lady's life, for no reason at all.
Speaker 5: He just said I felt like.
Speaker 6: Killing somebody, for sure, for sure, But how do we I mean, we know something's mental off, but how do we fix it?
Speaker 5: You still have to do the crime due to time, something's mentally off.
Speaker 6: When we go to jail when our children, you know, go to jail as well, But they always see young black men as adults.
Speaker 1: And to that point, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's that's the reason I can't make it about race, because I don't want it to seem like, uh, you know, like right is right, wrong is wrong.
Speaker 1: It's wrong when they do that too, you know what I mean, Like that absolutely wrong. It's wrong when they do that does as well. So it's like if the justice system.
Speaker 2: Is broken, right and and something has to happen to this fourteen year old, which it should, I just don't know what it should be.
Speaker 3: I just don't know how they decide, you know, because you have a you know, you charge somebody as a child, you charge it as an adult. Right at eighteen, you're supposed to be charged as an adult, correct, So how did they just say, you know what, he's fourteen, We're just gonna charge him as an adult.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, sad case regardless, and definitely rest in peace to that that young lady that lost their life, and condolences to that family.
Speaker 1: Jesus. All right, yeah, all right, well that is front page news.
Speaker 2: And make sure make sure you subscribe to telim figure out the podcast A great Shot No Chase of podcast on the Black Effect Guyeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 3: All right, now, when we come back, Charlamagne and myself, we're talking earlier about Mother's Day and Lord Mercy, we were saying that, you know, I know it's Mother's Day, but we need help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a plan for next Mother's Day. Next Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go away, Like you really got to just take your wife and just send her off to that ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: That ain'tna work. Then new stuff with the kids. Now you got the kids for me? I need you you know what, I might just have to And it's hard, right because you can't even I had the babysitters in the nineties because they mom, you know what I mean, they got kids. We gotta figure this money right eight hundred five eight five five one. We'll speak to the fellas out there. How is your Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: Was your mother's dare difficult as mine and difficult to Charlomagne to figure this out? Did you have to do everything to cleaning, the cooking, You gotta cut the kids stuff up, getting ready for school, make sure the snacks is packed in the morning.
Speaker 1: If they had games, you have to be at the games. You have to do all that.
Speaker 3: Yesterday to all the fathers who know what they doing, because I'm not one of them. All right, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, eight hundred five A five one oh five one, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: It's topic time called eight hundred five five five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody, it's the j Envy Charlomagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now you just joined us.
Speaker 3: Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I hope you had an amazing Sunday yesterday. But for us Dad's it was difficult.
Speaker 1: It was tough, but we tried, though, you know what I'm saying. You know, I was I was out of town all weekend.
Speaker 2: You were too envy Me and the wife was out of town celebrating our goods, just the dollar Bishop on her born day. And we got back Sunday, so you know, in my mind, I'm like, damn, you know, I'm just going to try to make my wife's day as relaxing as possible. But I think the number one thing that most mothers want on Mother's Day is to have to do nothing correct, to disconnect, then not have to deal with none of the kids. But that's just impossible when you have dad who don't know what the hell to do. I am one of those fathers.
Speaker 1: Meet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I ordered the food out, you know what I mean. But then you got to plate the food. And when you plate the food, you got to cut the food up because you realize, damn, my four year old just can't bite into a lock to tell, can't she no, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: And then when they don't want the lost and you're like, well, we got some girl chicken. You want some chicken?
Speaker 2: They say they want some chicken. Then they say they don't want no chicken because now they stomach hurt. I don't know how to handle any of that. That's too much pressure for me.
Speaker 1: That is a lot. And like you said, yeah, I did the same thing. I ordered food.
Speaker 3: Shout the vibes and queens. I ordered food from them. But yeah, well, once my wife said, you know what, I'm just gonna relax, and she went upstairs to just relax and chill. It was tough because I had to take my kids out and I don't know how to do hair. I'm bad at doing hair, so here was out. Oh that's one.
Speaker 11: Two.
Speaker 3: My kids are very picky. I don't know what they eat because my wife used the handles it. When I go to the restaurant, my wife waters for everybody, not me.
Speaker 1: My wife even orders for me. I'm not gonna lie. My wife knows what I like. So that was a struggle.
Speaker 3: Then, like you said, I had to cut the meat and the different things. I don't know that they gonna have the nerve to tell me that's not how mom cuts. I know, I know that's not how much that doesn't offend me. Or when my kids come.
Speaker 2: To me and say that's not how mom does such and such, that don't offend me in no way, shape or form. The only thing I say is I'm not your mama, you know what I mean? And then you know what I immediately go do, I go get your mama. I did that to me last night when I was just trying to get them to brush their teeth. You know what I mean, because I'm thinking my one year old don't know how to bush your teeth up, So I'm sitting there trying to brush the tee. She keeps trying to grab the toothbrush for me. And then my seven year old is like, yo, she knows how to brush her own teeth. And I'm like, really, yeah, I don't know if she really did, you know what I mean? And so later on my wife was like, did they brush their tea?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 1: I said? I think so. When she said did they eat? I said, I think so. The food was on the plate. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So, so for the tooth brush, you know, I do the test, right, I'll be like, guy said, come here, let me tell your brother.
Speaker 1: Okay, smells good enough. You brush your teeth. Don't care. I don't keep the brushing up. Yo, you are crazy. You are crazy. They're going to bed anyway.
Speaker 3: Then and then put the baby to sleep, so I thin, you know. And then now I got I got a seventeen monfold, so I gotta put the baby to sleep. That's what I couldn't do it no more because I tried. I try every I try to do everything my wife does. I try to run the blanky, I try to put it on my chest.
Speaker 1: None of that works. Oh see, my wife up like, look, you gotta you got to you gotta help me out. O. Our baby is uh eighteen months old? My seventeen nineteen months. I'm just gonna say one sorright, Okay, that's easy. Okay, let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this baby?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 1: What's up brother? How you feeling?
Speaker 22: Man?
Speaker 4: Every day's a good day. I got a couple of things. First thing, man, if us guys had to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
Speaker 1: Lord have mercy. We'll do in trouble, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 4: Second thing, so you really really, I think the Brad is trying to fool up because you can't really expect me to believe you only found one black donor. You said what you said, stand on it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it is true that blacks they do they do need more black sperm donors. I heard that way before the Brad said, you know absolutely, hello is a black sperm don the shortage?
Speaker 11: You do?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 15: God?
Speaker 1: Yoh, what's up brother? Talking to us?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 9: This Mark from Detroit?
Speaker 10: Love for you?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 23: Uh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wanted to commented about the Mother's Day experience.
Speaker 4: Yep, you know as a dad, it was cool, but then it got rough. Man, I got a two year old baby.
Speaker 9: I ain't know what to put on her.
Speaker 11: I ain't know how to do her here.
Speaker 4: I ain't no what shoes to put on. I ain't no wear shoes, but I had to.
Speaker 10: I had to ask my wife.
Speaker 4: When I'm telling I promised hertie, I ain't had to ask him for notver man, I had.
Speaker 3: To and can't be so respectful, like, no, I don't want to wear this. It's not what mom puts me on?
Speaker 1: What with mom put you on me?
Speaker 4: Terrible? I tried to feed her through everything I handed to tor.
Speaker 9: It was a mess.
Speaker 4: It was a mess, but I got made it. I made it better.
Speaker 17: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I took my wife a night to turn out risks.
Speaker 2: And that's why, that's why men got to stop acting like you know, women don't do much. Women do everything, afy'am talking about. Okay, if you got a family, if you are married and you got kids, you might think you are the foundation of that household, but you're really not, not at all.
Speaker 1: The foundation of the household is the women.
Speaker 2: That's right, bottom line, point blank period. Okay, And without that foundation, everything falls apart. Don't believe me. Try to do Mother's Day on yourself. Try to do Mother's Day by yourself as a father, and take care of all them kids. I don't know how my wife does it so effortlessly.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one Again. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Hopefully you enjoyed your day. But the fathers out there were struggling. I ain't even gonna sit here and lie. It was a struggle between the dow and the head, between getting the food prepared, but even putting the food away. I couldn't find a tougher way to know what the fool gold.
Speaker 2: Simple simple things is. Putting the kids the bed. I got four, I mean well the oldest is fourteenth, so she fine with them them, that seven year old, that four yearld and that one year old. Putting them chair in the bed is a struggle, Oh man, okay, little things. Brushing teeth, yes, reading books. I don't want you to read me. I don't mammy reading me. You know what I'm saying. You'll tuck my bed in this way? You know I know how to brush my own teeth, you know turnman night light on. Okay, leave my door cracked open.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Don't leave my dog cracked open, the door wide, keep the hallway light on, like, man, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep, yep. My daughter? The water too hot, water, too cold? Water ahead, lord.
Speaker 3: Then I watched one kid and I forgot the towel. Then I had to go get the towel because then they stayed out there. They wet it like that, where's my towel? I'm looking like the idiot.
Speaker 1: Luckily I didn't have to do the bath flat. I think the babysitter was no, we had no babysiting on Sunday. But anyway, all right, we're talking to the fathers out there. How was your mother's day? How did you hold up? Eight hundred and five eighty five is the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 1: It's topic times because the phone.
Speaker 21: Called eight hundred and five to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it morning. Everybody is the ej n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you just joined us, we're talking about Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, hopefully you had an amazing day.
Speaker 1: But we want to talk to some of the dads out there because you know.
Speaker 3: We know how important moms are. But do we really Mother's Day we really find out, don't we. Well, we got to take care of everything in the house, the kids, the cooking, the cleaning.
Speaker 1: And everything else we got to do.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, we realize how fully, fully, fully we needed the moms out there.
Speaker 1: Chris, good morning, Hey, good morning, how you doing. Are we doing good?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 3: Let's let's discuss Mother's Day yesterday?
Speaker 22: Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 24: I uh, well, we went to the beach yesterday with a bunch of the family, you know, my brother in law, in law, you know, mother in law and all that good.
Speaker 22: Stuff, and everybody had their kids with them. And I can definitely say each and every other time we've gone to the beach, moms have always gone to the water with the kids and played with the kids, while the dad always just hung out, had a good time, had everything, just.
Speaker 24: Hung out back and forth in the water. This time dads were actually having to myself, having to go with the kids back and forth with the water, walk round.
Speaker 22: It's like, okay, hold on a minute, now I'll.
Speaker 24: See why mom getting so frustrated and say, hey, you're turn get up there and go up with that kid, because.
Speaker 22: You got so much energy in them.
Speaker 1: We see.
Speaker 3: I would say one thing about that too. My wife has patience, like she never gets mad. She doesn't get attitude. And now after about six minutes, I start with the attitude because I'm like, I get over here, like I start.
Speaker 1: And my wife she has no My wife just has patience. It's just so nice. And Daddy can't take it.
Speaker 2: What you said just now is the biggest thing. And that's something that I talk to my therapist about all the time. And so having patience because you know what I mean, you got to I be.
Speaker 1: Short with the kids, like I'm gonna take deep breaths, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it's just like it seems like my wife just has so much patience, so much grace with them, not me, you know what I mean. I have to like really check myself in those moments because you know, when you when you are showing them, you feel bad, you know, And that's the type of things you know, like you talk to your therapist about, like, man, I feel like I'm not being good to my kids. I feel like I'm not a good father because they do. Boy, they boy, they they weigh your patience.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, like I told you, guys, my daughter's making bracelets, and I'm selling you a bracelet Charloane.
Speaker 1: They two dollars. I got a basis feet I got, I walk them for a dollar. But the Moore, I look at it. No, no, two dollars and she made your rainbow.
Speaker 3: Want to match? Mind, so we got matching rainbow once. She said she heard this on the radio. But I told my daughter, do not do it at the kitchen table. She does it at the kitchen table and.
Speaker 1: All the beads go all over the place. So I'm starting to while out because I've told you don't do it. But their kids, my wife feel like, no, no, babe, we're pick it up. We're cleaned up together. No, I'm not cleaning up nothing. She made the mess, she got to pick it up. And their kids, see, well, we don't realize sometimes as.
Speaker 2: Parents that were old at our big ages, right, we don't realize that they just kids. Like we're really getting upset at things we haven't taught them. Now, this is something I learned in therapy about me. This is one of the reasons I had issues with my pops. I used to feel like my pops would discipline me with things they never taught me. So after we teach them, if they continue to mess up after that, then we have the right to, you know, you know, maybe raise our voices a little bit. But before that, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this Hey, what's going on? My name is Khan Cohn.
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother? Talk to us?
Speaker 4: Hey, I've been trying to.
Speaker 22: Call you guys for like a pas like five years.
Speaker 18: I ain't gonna lie, but my Mother's Day shout out to my wife Charlie.
Speaker 9: First of all, I don't know how she does it, and she's awesome.
Speaker 23: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: All I could do was bloat, throw of our inflatable fool slide thing and let the kids.
Speaker 1: Go Yeah, let them wake yourself out, right, put them outside, let them wear theyself out, and they just be ready for bed, be tired.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what we did.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's what I did. I let the kids go at it.
Speaker 18: We had those us this work does I let them go at it. I try to cook foot for and she was just already bush. They had Momosa's and moms next door, and I.
Speaker 9: Just let her do what she did. Man, shout to uh both of you guys, and you guys do an awesome job.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And that's another thing.
Speaker 3: I never I never know where my kids are really full, like you know, because it's always I don't want no more, and I always like, take two more bites, take three more bites.
Speaker 1: I don't even know why I do that. I think maybe my parents did that to me, man, But they don't even like they don't even want to eat. That's the thing. That's why my mom my wife asked me, you know, did the kids eat? I'm like, I think so. I think so I put food on their plate, you know what I mean, whether they ate it, that ain't on me. So what's the more of the story, now, brother man?
Speaker 2: I saw this quote one time by a woman named Jessica Lang, and it made so much sense. It said, the natural state of motherhoohood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children. So I think sometimes fathers, we have to learn how to We have to learn unselfishness, right. I think we still might be a little bit selfish, you know what I mean because in a lot of ways, our wife, you know, does for us the same way she does.
Speaker 1: For the kids.
Speaker 2: Correct, you know, So when it's our time to put those those shoes on and to be unselfish.
Speaker 1: It's hard for us to do. You don't. We don't have enough experience in being unselfish, is what I'm saying. That's true.
Speaker 2: I think mothers have a lot of experience in being unselfish. Like the quote said, the natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. I think us as men, we have a lot of selfishness, absolutely, you know.
Speaker 3: And I want a salute to my mom, who worked, who came home, that made sure I did my homework, that helped me with my homework, that took me to my practices, that did everything she had to do and cook and clean that house. And I want to shout out to my wife that does the same. Uh she does it with four kids. And the fact that you're able to go to dance, karate, basketball, baseball and do everything and cook and clean and make sure the house is taken care of and you still do the podcast and you still write the book. You're still an offer, and you get them outfits together to make sure we all match.
Speaker 1: That's that's just amazing. Love you, mama, Mama, Mama, I love my wife. Man'ouldn't know what to do without Joe.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got your room and report. We gotta discuss little Wayne. We'll get to it next.
Speaker 1: It don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club on BT punning. Everybody's DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. And I just want to salute a bunch of brothers out there over the weekend. They were out there riding the city bike. If you don't know what the city bike is is these bikes that New York City puts out. They have been a bunch of different cities where you can actually rent the bike so you can use your your app and you can rent a bike and get around. So these brothers will you can pre ride a bike or prescheduled bike. And what prescheduling bike is. Let's say there's an area that you know you're gonna pick up a bike and you pay for in advance of that bike is yours. They picked up a bike to I think like two or three black brothers shoutut to those brothers, and as they were getting this bike, an employee from Bellevue Hospital. I don't know if she was a nerve or whatever whatever she does that her name is Sarah Jane Comery. She went to grab the bike from the black brother I don't like what you say, black will continue. She went to grab the bike. This white woman tried to grab the bike from the from the black woman and me from the black brothers, and the brothers were like, nah, this is my bike.
Speaker 1: I prepaid for this bike. You can't take my bike.
Speaker 3: So she damn there, grabbed the bike, grabbed the brother's phone, and then did this.
Speaker 5: Get away.
Speaker 1: She started yelling help. He started crying. It's so crazy.
Speaker 2: People would love to act like racism doesn't exist until it's time to weaponize black skin. It's crazy, like like you'll, I guarantee you she'll have conversations about systemic racism and act like it don't exist until it's time to weaponize her whiteness against black skin. The crazy part is one of her coworkers comes out and they be like, uh, just register another bike, and he's like, no, I paid for this bike, she can get another bike.
Speaker 1: That's why you gotta keep up.
Speaker 2: That's why you gotta keep women around though, so women can crust her out, slap her upside her goddamn head.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But the brother paying for the bike, are you just gonna take the bike and take his phone and then start fake crying?
Speaker 1: They start yelling, hat.
Speaker 2: Yes, because she weaponized her whiteness against his blackness in two point two seconds, that could have absolutely positively got that brother killed.
Speaker 3: Now, Bellevue Hospital, they released the statement said we're looking into it, but you got to do this because she worked for Bellevy, was outside of Bellevue.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought they was gonna commit her ass.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should because she clearly suffering from that mental illness called whites and preps.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe they should. But like you said, I just want to commend those brothers and good. I'm glad they were actually taping it because they would have to prove different things. But the fact that she's yelling help and she's crying, those brothers could have been hurt.
Speaker 2: We've seen this a million times, but once again, Jesus Christ, that's why that's when she's weaponizing her whiteness against black skin.
Speaker 1: All right, well when we come back, and that's also too.
Speaker 2: I said before, it's like believe all women is is a foolish phrase because of things like that, right, because if you believe all women, you gotta believe her in that moment, right, And she knows that she's also weaponizingselfs.
Speaker 1: She's fake crying. I'll show you to be in a second.
Speaker 3: She was fake crying white tears, looking at the point where the guy was like, you're not even crying.
Speaker 1: There's no tens with my white tears. Mother, I used to have in here, Jesus Christ. They could have gotten really nasty for those brothers. But then you used to bike. Used to love to be out here in those little biker shorts.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just telling Rachel in the back that I got to get back to to biking, to put the jail on your on your butt and ride the bike with the little biker shots. They're called jail pads whatever. No, no, but yes, I got to get back to biking.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: It's it's I miss it. I used to have a lot of fun drive riding through the city and there's a crew of us. They used to do it.
Speaker 2: So you and all the guys out there and biker shorts living your best life with the jail packs on your butt.
Speaker 1: I remember that was your thing for a minute. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we got your room report. We gotta tell you about Little started complaining. That's why you started to stop doing it. No, she was complaining I was losing too much weight. Not because me and the guys out there were jailed on our bass. But you know am I wow, Wow, it's the breakfast club. Good morning, all right, morning everybody. It's the j n V, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the room.
Speaker 1: Let's talk. Little Wayne call out of name or you gossip chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells, right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now, Little Wayne was out performing in LA. This was the last stop on his tour. I've seen two chains. I seen Chris Brown there and he was performing, and I guess during his performing, he does a brief intermission where he lets young money artists come on out like Little Twist.
Speaker 1: And this is what happened, right, my little.
Speaker 19: Image.
Speaker 5: Call him.
Speaker 10: You tell people trying to get me a wist?
Speaker 1: What am I missing here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Nobody care.
Speaker 3: Well, Apparently the crowd's reaction didn't please little Wing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he stopped the show early and ended the show. And this is what he said. We appreciate it.
Speaker 25: We appreciate it, but we ain't about to be We ain't about to be bending over backers for these folks.
Speaker 1: We worked too hard for this. We worked way too hard. This is my mother, artist, Adam. That was twist. That was John. Y'all, you have mindy and appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: That's corny. You can't be upset because the crowd and not feeling your artists. And I'm sure Wayne has been there before. I'm sure that there was a time he might have bought even maybe a Drake out way way way way way back in the day and people weren't paying attention to Drake, Or he might have bought a Nikki out way way way way way back in the day and people weren't paying attention to Nikki. Are a tiger. All of these people who ended up blowing up. Correct, everybody starts somewhere, you know what I mean? And little twists been added for a long, long, long, long, long long time.
Speaker 1: So people not feeling twist. You know at this moment. Whose fault is that? Yeah, can't force things on people. I think that is corny because people paid to see Little Wade? Did you get paid to see you Little Wayne?
Speaker 2: And by the way, you're not gonna make them love the artists anymore because they always say people never forget what you you did to them, what they say people people, people will forget what you did, but they won't forget how you made them feel correct in that moment, because they weren't feeling little twists. And the other artists you made them feel bad for it. They never gonna be checking for them people now, at least not that crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 3: But the problem is, like you said, people paid good money to see Lil Wayne and wanted to see Little Wayne.
Speaker 1: And I get it.
Speaker 3: When artists performed, sometimes they bring their new artists out so they can get that look so that hopefully people can feel them.
Speaker 1: But in some cases it doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: But you need you know, you never know. I just wanna let you know, fifty would.
Speaker 1: Never fifty would never shut up, So they're trying to think, what the hell you said that? They joking?
Speaker 3: Man, you know, I mean, now Jonathan Maje's allegedly is dating actress Megan Good.
Speaker 1: Now you know he's thirty three Meghan Good. Oh my god, here just spelling tea about people relationships more.
Speaker 3: All right, Now, So, as I was telling you, Jonathan Major, we know him as thirty three. Mean he's thirty three years old, forty years old. Now you know he got into a little trouble the last couple of months. But now they're saying that he has a romance with Megan Good. They were seen out and about in Los Angeles last week and they went to to see a movie, and allegedly they went out to some lunch and photographers and Pop Rockie caught them together.
Speaker 1: And how just making our life better? This is r It's just how this piece of information benefiting anybody's life. It's just it's just a rumor report.
Speaker 3: So they say Major's romance with Good comes about after he was arrested in March and connection with an alleged domestic dispute. Now they're saying that it looks like things have passed on with his accident looks like he might be dating making good.
Speaker 1: How you feel about that? Five times? I know that's what I got. I don't feel anyway about it. You don't. I don't care, you don't care. No, you want a roumans I gave it. Rumors you did. That's a good one. That us juicy one. That's a good Chris, some good grist for the milk. That's all. That's what I was trying to do, all right, And that is your rumor report. Yeah, while we got these fans.
Speaker 2: Up because he was feeling some of that tea gro you know what I mean. Now before after that hour, donkey today, we need John Morad to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a world with him. This is a very teachable moment, I believe. So let's let's talk about it, all right. Don't open up the phone.
Speaker 1: Lines after that. That's right.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. We'll do it after Charlamagn's donkey to day, So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Where's the best place to listen?
Speaker 3: It's Audible, the home of storytelling, Here the latest audiobooks, podcasts, and exclusive originals on wellness, motivation, and music. You name it, you can find it on Audible. Sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash Breakfast Club. I was born a donkey. It's the donkey of the day. Yes, Devil Breakfast Club. Yes, don't get today for Monday May fifteenth, codes to my South Carolina brethren, John Morant.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard, the Memphis Grizzlies have suspended Job Morant from all team activities after a video showed him holding a gun on Instagram Live. I know you think you're experiencing deja vu right now, but you're not. Okay, just too much ago, Job was suspended for eight games by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver for holding a gun in a Denver script club. So, yes, this is Job Morant waving a gun on ig Live again for whatever reason. Who the hell knows.
Speaker 1: But let's go to WFAAABC eight for the news report. Police.
Speaker 26: John Morant, the twenty three year old star point guard for the Memphis Grizzlies, is now suspended for the second time this year. An Instagram Live video surface today showing Moran waving around what looked like a gun. Just hours later, the Grizzlies issued a statement banning the All Star from all league activities. This is pretty much an exact repeat of what happened just two months ago, but this time Morant's one hundred and ninety four million dollar contract could be in jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Lord, have mercy. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Right now, let's keep in mind that John Morant left the Grizzlies to seek counseling for what he said was to learn how to handle stress better. Not only did y'all say he was going to learn how to handle stress better, he said he was going to be more responsible.
Speaker 1: Don't need for me to tell you what he said. You can hear for yourself.
Speaker 15: Listen, you are holding a gun, and we both know how dangerous that can be. Who's gun were you holding? Well, their gun wasn't my. It's not who I am. I don't condone and any type of violence, but I take, you know, full responsibility.
Speaker 1: You know from my actions.
Speaker 15: And now you know, finally me having that time to you know, realize everything, have that time alone, I realize you know what I have to lose.
Speaker 2: While droping the clue box of Jailer Rose of that conversation you had with Job a couple of months ago. Listen, I'm seeing people blaming Job's friends, in particular the brother Davonte Pack. I'm seeing people blame his father, Tim Morant. But the reality is the main person to blame for all of this is John Ran. There's nobody more responsible for the choices John Moran makes than John Moran, because Joe, when everyone talks about what you have to lose, the key word in that statement is you Okay. When this story is told in the future and we talk about one of the biggest fumbles we've ever seen in the history of life, we're not gonna say Davante Pack fumbled the bag. We're not gonna say Tim Morant fumbled the opportunity. No, all the credit for that is gonna go to you, John Moran. And I hear y'all out there saying, why can't you own a gun in America? What's wrong with that? Let me be the first to tell y'all shut the f up forever. Of course you can own a gun in America. We two a all day. But that's not what this is about. This is about you needing to stop speaking from speaking about this from your perspective, okay, because what you're not understanding is Ja is not just an individual. He's a business, and in business there's morality clauses, and anything a company feels is damaging to the brand.
Speaker 1: Is in violation of that morality clause. In Ja is also the face of the NBA.
Speaker 2: In the NBA, violation of the morality clauses, anything that is harmful, the relationships with fans, sponsors, and broadcast partnerships. All of y'all out there saying there's nothing wrong with job waving a gun. None of y'all are the potential face of the NBA. Nobody is paid y'all a five year, one hundred and ninety four million dollar deal. None of y'all have multimillion dollar endorsement deals with Nike. None of y'all have multimillion dollar endorsement deals.
Speaker 1: With Power Aid.
Speaker 2: This is about Joab Morant being a pitch man for corporate entities, Okay. This is about Jah Morant displaying a pattern of behavior that is making all those multimillion dollar corporations second guess their relationship with him. Right now, Okay, the brother already lost about forty million dollars because he didn't make the all NBA teams.
Speaker 1: Just sees it because of that, he's not eligible for the Supermax contract.
Speaker 2: If you don't think that he didn't get voted on those teams because of his off the court behavior, you're nuts, Okay, and that's what we should be talking about it. I don't understand, all right, we are We are always in such a rush to make excuses for poor behavior. I don't want job Moran to lose everything, but I'm not gonna sit around and co sign self destructive behavior either. Okay, because the sad part about what Joe's doing it's not new. I never understand why you digital dhads like flashing weapons on social media. Okay, before social media, it was on DVDs and then music videos. We have to stop co signing self destructive behavior because clearly generations of us are still not learning right.
Speaker 1: I don't want him to lose.
Speaker 2: Everything, but I'm not gonna make excuses for MESA because one thing this error hates is accountability, and John Morant needs to be held accountable.
Speaker 1: Okay, if this one, if this was one incident, sure all right.
Speaker 2: We can make all the excuses we want, but Job's been displaying a pattern of d d head behavehavior that he even acknowledges, all right, he even said he needs to do better, and that is what bobbles my brain about this whole situation. I don't understand the why. Okay, when you know better but choose not to do better. What is going on in Ja Moran's head that he can't help himself. We've seen people fumble bags before that there's been reasoning behind it, right, We've seen people be emotional over losing a woman. We've seen people make dumb decisions on drugs. We've seen them make dumb decisions on alcohol. We've seen this type of behavior. Jobs is playing from your favorite rappers. But even with that, as stupid as it is, we understand because they selling against the image, against the lifestyle.
Speaker 1: It's dumb as hell, but it's on brand. Job. This isn't your brand. You're not a gangst them, you're not a rapper. In fact, all the gangsters in the world, all the rappers in the world, would trade places with you and our heartbeat.
Speaker 2: All right, this is what I don't understand. You're trying to be them when they would love to be you. All right, you're making one hundreds of millions of legal dollars. Do you think these street rappers and street nd words and gangsters are doing that? This is why I don't understand why you choosing to be like everybody else. Okay, anybody can get on ig Live, throw on some NBA young boy, and flash a gun, but not everybody can do what you do.
Speaker 1: All right, you want to flex for real? Go buy five hundred day because of land in South Carolina. Go build affordable housing and Memphis put that on Instagram Live. Okay, when you different, you should flex different. But you out here acting like everybody else. You out here being typical, an average, in mediocre and stuck in the bigotry of low expectations. And none of us can figure out why.
Speaker 2: If it came out today that job Iran had a drug problem an alcohol problem, that would make all of us feel better, because now we got a reason to the why that we can go get him some help. Okay, he's choosing to make these poor decisions and none of us can understand the reasoning.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I refuse to believe that this is just who this young man is okay, And Job being young is not an excuse, you know why, because he in his field has enough examples of people who done it right.
Speaker 1: Lebron James, Steph Curry. All right.
Speaker 2: There's a certain level of discipline that has that has to come with people in his position, all right, And there's enough examples of people who've done it right for him to learn from.
Speaker 1: And once again, I don't want to hear about his friends. I don't want to hear about his father.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: There's nobody who is ultimately responsible for Job's.
Speaker 2: Choices, but Job, all right, you are John Morant, not Josh Saint Patrick okay, not joh Gotti, You not even Joe Ruh Okay. Life is a matter of choices, and every choice you make makes you and you're about to make yourself one of the most tragic stories in NBA history.
Speaker 1: If you don't figure it out, please let remy ma give John Morant the biggest he are he ha, he ha, you stupid mother? Are you dumb? I don't understand. Maybe the people can help me understand. I don't know. I don't get it though, all right, I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna take your calls now. But before we do, we gotta say b E T will see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Piece b et.
Speaker 3: Everybody else, let's open up the phone lines. Let's discuss eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred five eight five one oh five one. What are your thoughts? What the hell do y'all think is going on with John? I don't know. Maybe y'all can make me understand. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And if you've seen the video, you you understand that they were taping the brother that was whoever was was man or Fonte Patrick name, Okay, he was taping before here, So it wasn't like it was a surprise a pack of me.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like it was a surprise like, oh man, you got me. No, it wasn't surprise.
Speaker 3: They're taping in the car and then he goes off off job for a second, it goes back to John and allegedly John got the gun.
Speaker 1: In his hand, allegedly, I'm gonna say, allegedly, Okay, all right, I'm John, I'm John. Gonn says, Ai'm I really was what are you'all talking about? But had nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: But once again, we gotta stop making excuses, you right, and you know you gotta hold the brother accountable. He needs to be held accountable because we don't want to see him crash and burn before he's on cost to crash.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to see him lose all that man, No man take care of his family.
Speaker 2: Dalls El, South Carolina. That town is smaller than where I'm from in Talth Carolina. Never been the Monk's corner. It's way smaller than Monk's corner. The come on, man, you just say you got the roads. They got mad dirt roads.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they do. All right.
Speaker 3: Well, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club. Go morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: It's topic time called eight hundred five five five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's d J Envy, Charlomage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now ifew just join us, Charlemagne gave job Morant donkey of the day. Yes indeed, and now we open up the phone lines eight hundred five A five one oh five one, and just asking your thoughts. I mean, I think it's very sad. I think he's about to lose a lot. I'm hoping that that he that he can change and can turn it around. I just don't understand why. And what you said in the Donkey to Day is the truth. Like like these people that you're idolizing and trying to be, like whether it's your rappers, whether it's the street dudes, they would change everything, give everything away to be in your prediction, want to be you in your position.
Speaker 1: You want to be them, but they want to be you.
Speaker 3: The fact that you're in the NBA and really you don't got no street beef. It's not like you were a drugs dealer. You got to worry about other dream drug dealers. You ain't a rapper. You ain't got to worry about other rappers where you came from. You are making I think they said he's set to make two hundred and thirty three million dollars.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't make that.
Speaker 2: And the reason he didn't make that is because he didn't make the All NBA team this year, so he lost forty million dollars. He had a five year, one hundred and ninety four million dollar deal with the Memphis Grizzlies. But being that he didn't make any all NBA teams this year. He didn't make the extra forty million dollars, so he's not eligible for the Supermax contract no more.
Speaker 1: You don't think that they didn't vote him in because it was off the court behavior, of course.
Speaker 2: Of course, so there's already costing you money tens of million dollars. Let me tell y'all something, man, You're not how hard it is to make a million dollars, you're how hard it is to make two? Yes, do you know how hard it is to make.
Speaker 1: One hundred, two hundred million dollars, three hundred million dollars? Come on, man, Come on, man, and you want to be like the rappers, You want to be like the gangsters. They would kill to be you, ja. They would absolutely give up their pinky toes.
Speaker 2: They would take the guns that you'd be waving in your Instagram live videos and shoot their own pinky toe off if you told them they can get there, you hundred millionaire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you said you also did say said that you know it's not his friends as well, But I said, I got to put some of the blame on his friends, because it's also the people around you, right, And and his people around. You know, they could be on salary, they couldn't be getting paid, they could be a part of his team.
Speaker 1: I just agree.
Speaker 3: And it gets to the point where if you don't make it, I don't make it. So I'm gonna make sure that you're not in your own way. If i'm your friend, i'm your brother, I'm your confident, I'm on your team, and I'm with you all the time, I'm gonna make sure you don't get in your own way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we act like we don't know if these people have been doing that. Here's the reality of the situation, and that's script club video. Jaw was the one holding up a gun, correct, and the car jaw was the one holding up the gun.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, even when they said he got into it with your seventeen year old, he punched the kid. His man punched the kid, the same dude, Davante, right, he punched the guygedly. But it's just like that still doesn't put it on him the friend. You know, it doesn't choices ultimately laying in.
Speaker 3: Job Morani, You're right, but we gotta have strong friends around, That's right, charlam Man If I'm about to do something stupid. Right, There's been times when I was about to do something stupid. What's the first thing you say?
Speaker 1: Yo, you shouldn't handle it that way? Yeah, but if you still do something stupid, I can't. I can't stop you. But if you see me about to do something, you're not gonna stop me. But if you continue to still do it, that's still on. Gonna be with me while I do the stupidity. No, but I'm not. I don't think Devonte thought Joab was gonna do that. I saw the way he snatched the camera for it. Right, You're like, whoa. But here's the other thing. Why y'all got guns in the car.
Speaker 3: And that's another thing. I'm not gonna let you drive around with a car.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it. If you feel like you got ever gonna go with security, let me call security for it. That's right.
Speaker 2: Anywhere you going with a man that's worth frother of all, forget that one hundred million dollars. Anywhere you going with anybody where you think you need a gun, you shouldn't be there.
Speaker 1: You should not go. You should not be there.
Speaker 2: That three hundred million dollar man, I however much he's worth feels like he needs to walk.
Speaker 1: Around with a gun. That is all the more reason to hire that man. Twenty four seven security Hello, who's this?
Speaker 22: Hello?
Speaker 23: And what she ain't?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm from most them the eight four three months coing all day? What's happening? What's up? How are you? Man?
Speaker 5: Doing?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 22: I ain't work the man.
Speaker 1: Look look, this ain't no family reunion.
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: What's with the family reunion on the breakfast club?
Speaker 4: Hey, I ain't gonna lie man if yall Moranney his ass cut? You know him, him may his damn daddy. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I ain't you think they need their ass cut?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh he mean cut like you needed you need somebody need to beat their ass? Oh that's get them right? Yeah, you don't mean cut like from the team?
Speaker 4: Okay, got yeah, beat the ass way you keep doing the same.
Speaker 1: Flu I'm with you now.
Speaker 2: See let me translate from please please help me out. He's not wishing violence upon them. It's just like when you're young as a child and you got to get a beat and to get some discipline. Yes, that's what he wants to happen to them. In this sense, it don't have to be literally beat, you know what I mean. But he wants them to feel the consequences of their actions so.
Speaker 1: They know better.
Speaker 3: Got you, But I don't have I don't think daddy got nothing to do with this. Not on job na the daddy don't have nothing to do with it. But let me ask you a question. If they do cut him for a significant amount of time, right, let's say half a season of full season, that might send him into a whirlwind because maybe basketball is the only thing that's keeping him focused because he has to train, he has to play.
Speaker 1: I'm just giving him out of trouble.
Speaker 2: I'm scared of that. But you know what, that's the risk you got to take. And I do think he needs to be suspended for a significant amount of time.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this? This is Red Red? Good morning man. What's your thoughts? Man? Man?
Speaker 19: Listen? First of all, y'all got the greatest weight music for all time. But to get the John the rent, that young man needs some help. Man, he's crying out, I see, you know, unfortunately suicide potentially how he's coming in career suicide. Yeah, but we've seen this before. Man, with the Maurice correct feel for the Greenes cites Mike Tyson's like the world is at your feet and you sabotage it. So it's got to be tools that he doesn't have it. It's a mental tool box that's not helping him open all the.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: What like when we say he's dealing with prime and problems, he's crying out for help. What help was he crying out for?
Speaker 19: Like like, I mean, look, everybody got pressure. You got pressure, I got pressure. It's different levels to this pressure. So now when you're expected, even in his own mind, he could be putting so much pressure on himself where he doesn't see himself. He could be like Jamal Murray's better than me, you know what I'm saying. And it's just small things like that that could be playing on his psyche. He could really not be as good as you think he is.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Well, that's a damn line because John Moran be balling. You know what I mean, I don't understand what the cry for help is.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You know, certain people like when I when I started off DJ and I had to go to certain areas and certain clubs that I had to go to to make money, and I knew they weren't the best areas.
Speaker 1: I knew they weren't the greatest areas, but I had to go John morand don't have that problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see I don't listen. I'm not a psychiatrist, you know what I mean. I go to too much therapy to ever be a psychiatrist. But I don't see him crying out for help. I see him just making poor choices and dumb decisions. And I don't know what is causing him to make those poor choices and them decisions. Like I said during the Donkey of to Day, if we found out today that John Moran had a drug problem or an alcohol problem, it would make all the sense in the world, you know what I'm saying, because now we got a reason as to why he's making these foolish choices.
Speaker 1: Correct right now, I don't understand any of it.
Speaker 3: Let's gonna one more caller before we take some more calls. Eight hundred and five eighty five one five one.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 23: This is Dahlia from Detroit?
Speaker 1: What up? Del Delia?
Speaker 4: What's the deal?
Speaker 1: MB?
Speaker 3: How you feel and talk to us? What's your thought on?
Speaker 23: Oh my God, I'm so disappointed in John Moran. I am a single parent. I grew up in a two parent home. I promise you I tried to make everything work with my child a father, because I know the statistics against a single parent household. For him to have had two parents, for them to did what they have done for him, and for him to be crashing out like this, I'm just disappointed. Then he has a little sister that's following in his footsteps.
Speaker 27: What type of egg are you showing?
Speaker 4: It's like trade places with you on a heartbeat.
Speaker 23: Boy.
Speaker 2: And that's the scariest thing about this whole situation. Like you know, if you follow y'all through high school, we didn't hear about any incidents, you know what I mean. There wasn't any trouble around y'all rule, even when I mean that's a YA rule, even in college. This about John Moran, you know what I mean. So it's just like, why wait till you make hundreds of millions of dollars dollars in the NBA start dugging.
Speaker 3: I will say this though, is and we talk about it all the time. It's the influence, right, because you see all these kids that are heavily influenced by NBA. Young boy, you see these kids heavily influenced by Chief Keef and Kodak Black and Pooh Shisty and that influence does it like I've seen Suburbia kids wear masks on on their prime pictures and going on the field because they want to be like Posh Shisty.
Speaker 1: Don't have a thug ball.
Speaker 2: Every single one of those rappers you name with trade places with John Moran and a heartbeat, Absolutely, every single one, without a doubt. Every when I say every single one of them, there is no doubt in my mind. Everybody who just named with trade places with name and a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: All right, but we're opening up the phone line. Were talking John Moran, La Man gave him don key to day. What's your thoughts on the job Morant situation. If you don't know, allegedly he had another gun on live, that's right, So it looks like he's gonna get suspended. We'll find out how and why and you know how long. But we're taking your calls when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: The morning.
Speaker 21: Called eight hundred and five five five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it more.
Speaker 3: Everybody is j Envy, Charlomagne to God, we are the breakfast club. Now if you just joined this, Charlamagne gave donkey to day to John Morant.
Speaker 1: That's right now.
Speaker 3: We're asking phone lines of wide open. What are your thoughts? Eight hundred five A five one oh five to one. We have Asia on the line.
Speaker 1: Asia, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: How you feel.
Speaker 13: I'm feeling how y'all feeling good? So I'm from and this is typical, typical behavior, shout out to my city.
Speaker 1: I love y'all.
Speaker 13: I have a problem, Like, yes, we should put all the accountability on him, but I have a problem his circles because none of the people in my circle famous public figure is social media fluid. But we still hold each other accountable. Bad behavior is not acceptable and portray on the image that you're not. It's also not acceptable, but we're not gonna let each other get in the situations that will be like this, Like he got millions, hundreds of millions of dollars on the table, he has Brandon Dorses, he has a lot of stuff on his whole career ahead of him. I feel like, as your circle, they should have told you. You just got out of the heap with this last situation. Layload, chill out for a minute, just layla. You don't need to do nothing. You need to be on social media, need to do none of that.
Speaker 1: But how do we know that? How do we know his circle not telling him that though? That's why I said, ultimately this, all of this falls on Job.
Speaker 2: I get everything y'all saying about his circle and his family and everything else, but this is ultimately up to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 13: But see that's the thing. When it comes out to you holding somebody accountable, and you see that, I wouldn't listen. You saw that, dissociate yourself from them. He's supposed to be around him, Come up, let him be out there by he's still because now even though his friend did move the phone real quick, they're still putting it on his friends, Like, Rob, would you even be recording? I'm not even knowing what he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't a surprise.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like his friends surprised and he started tape and they would take me before that, so he knew it was being taped. But like Charlamage said, it's on Job. Yeah, his friends should be a lot small. But at the end of the day, it's on Joe. Now, if your mentor out in Memphis.
Speaker 4: I'm in.
Speaker 23: I'm virtual now.
Speaker 13: But yet I started you miss.
Speaker 1: How many kids you got out there in Memphis?
Speaker 13: Fifteen?
Speaker 11: Virtually?
Speaker 1: All right? You know I'm doing my.
Speaker 3: Car show there in two weeks, so I would love to give you some tickets so your students to come to the car show for free and give VIP passes, get there early and all that other stuff.
Speaker 1: And if that's cool with you, Oh yeah, that's cool with me.
Speaker 13: That's I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on and I get all your information. I have my sister. Hit you up right, hold on a cap, all right. I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: The only thing worse than job the behavior is Zigon wins his outfits. He'll shut up, man, Giant, I love you, bro, get ustoleist.
Speaker 1: Hello? Who's this Metro eight O three? What's happening South Carolin heavy this morning? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 1: And John Moren?
Speaker 11: Of course, as we should be, because you know, we're very endearing y'all, Like we know how important he is to the city, to the state and stuff like that. But what he's doing is off of is like, and I think his dad is I think his dad is gonna fill away because he's the one who trained it in the backyard, I'm going through tires and doing all this stuff. If John were to lose all of this, he's going to feel resentments towards his dad because he is so connected to his journey and helping him get there.
Speaker 2: Well, he shouldn't feel no resmbment towards his dad because his dad got him there.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. But they always what do they say?
Speaker 2: Your talent will take you places where your character can't sustain.
Speaker 1: You at some point. The parent isn't responsible for Job no more. If you ask me. Job's father is not responsible for John.
Speaker 3: Joh I hate when people talk about John's dad. Right, he did Job's dad did great. He did what he was supposed to do.
Speaker 1: He got him out out of South Carolina, made him a number two in the NBA draft career, he traded him, he came him out of trouble.
Speaker 3: His dad did what he was supposed to do. And if that's my son, I'm at every game too.
Speaker 1: I trained him. Yes, I'm there. I'm supporting my son.
Speaker 2: The problem of love who cares. But the problem with y'all now is he's an adult being. He's an adult. He don't have nobody, you know, holding his hand. He's saying, you need to do this, you need to do that. So that's why I keep telling y'all. At the end of the day, it's ultimately on job.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 13: This is artist?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 23: Hey?
Speaker 1: Artists? Good morning? What's your thoughts talking job Mary this morning?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 27: Yes, well, I feel like money doesn't equate morality. And so even though money's on the line and make the money, you know, he's young, probably live in his dreams or maybe what his parents wanted him to do, it doesn't mean that he's going to be such a great person. So you know, I mean personally, I wouldn't want to trade myself with somebody who doesn't have good morality. It's like people who men who have families and children, but they really gay. It's like you cannot change the person's inside.
Speaker 1: What the hell is that? Yeah, I don't know what you went with that was? What the hell? Listen of all, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think what Job's doing is a moral I think what job's doing is stupid, dumb, you know what I'm saying. So it's not a matter of morality, even though we use terms like morality clause, that's just the language that's in these corporate contracts.
Speaker 1: I don't think what he's doing is imral. I think what he's doing is dumb and stupid.
Speaker 2: And this is about business, because if it wasn't about business, we wouldn't be having these conversations. If this wasn't going to cost him hundreds of millions of dollars, we wouldn't care, right, you know what I mean, Like, let him do whatever he wants to do. But the fact that we know this is going to possibly cost him hundreds of millions of dollars, maybe cost him a career, nobody wants to see that.
Speaker 3: And nobody and nobody here is saying cancel him, right because people cancel No nobody wants to cancel him.
Speaker 1: He's a young man.
Speaker 3: He's making a bunch of dumb mistakes, and I'm praying that he can change it around because he can influence a lot of kids out there. He made a bunch of bad mistakes, He made a bunch of bad decisions, and I'm praying that he could change that.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? He Emison was up talk to.
Speaker 11: Us and.
Speaker 4: A man, that's all. They have fun, but he don't understand as much as you can lose. So who's gonna tell him that?
Speaker 2: I don't believe that he doesn't understand that because he told Jailen Roles he knows exactly, you know, what he has to lose.
Speaker 1: So so I can only take a person on his word. If you know better, you should do better. Right.
Speaker 4: But Jen, like David said, they had social media back. You know what I'm saying. How many people are.
Speaker 3: Start with, Yeah, but that can't be an excuse. That can't be an excuse. Yeah, you can say that if they have, but they have social media now and you know, everything is filming and everything is taped, and you should know how to move. And there's no way somebody worth two hundred three hundred million dollars should be walking around with a pistol defending themselves.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know what I mean. You gotta know you guys, You gotta you gotta know who you are man.
Speaker 3: And I put it to you like this, Charlamagne and myself ain't worth three hundred million dollars. But when we go to when we go out, please believe we have security with us to make sure that we're saving and we're not walking around trying to defend ourselves.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know.
Speaker 2: A mentor, Yeah, I mean who, But that's why I said during Donkey today, he's had enough examples of people that have done it right. Your mentor should be Lebron James. Your mentor should be the Steph Curries of the world. Reach out to these people. I'm sure these people would love to put their arm around you. Reach out to the Ogs, the Michael Jordan's, the Magic Johnson's, all of these people who have lived and learned Alan Ivison ally Stevid Jackson magic. You don't think these brothers have been through it already. These brothers would love to put their arm around you and guide you the right way and show you how to move. What are we talking about.
Speaker 1: There's been too many examples of brothers from the hood who probably come from worse circumstances than Jah, who have figured it out in the NBA.
Speaker 2: So we cannot use that as him being you know, being young, as an excuses. There's too many people would experience that he can reach out to.
Speaker 3: And that's why the NBA a lot of times put a lot of these ogs and a lot of these veterans on these teams because their job really is to make sure that their mentoring the younger players and guiding them so they don't do the same things that the ogs did or the older players.
Speaker 1: That's what vets did. So that's why a lot of times these older players are on these teams. Now, charlam Man, you gotta just close this out.
Speaker 2: I'll close it out by telling everybody to go go look at that sermon Schara J. Roberts gave yesterday at the Potterhouse. And you know what the name of the sermon was, I Know Better, Right, That's what it was called I Know Better.
Speaker 1: Go go listen to that sermon and and and you'll you'll you'll understand why it's called I Know Better. All right, Well, let's get to the rumors now through my name or you gotsip be you chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 1: Right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to exhaust this, but Fat Joe said had some strong words for John Moran and his crue.
Speaker 1: So I just want to get that on shutter fat Joe.
Speaker 25: It's trying hard to go play for Turkey or China or Serbo Montenegro.
Speaker 1: He's trying hard to get kicked out the NBA. And those guys this with you. They not your people's job.
Speaker 25: Anybody telling you or pointing you in the direction off ignorance, it's not with you.
Speaker 1: It's twenty five thirty game suspension.
Speaker 10: Who knows you're not gonna get.
Speaker 1: Good of him becase he's so talented and if you do it one more time. They sent Alan Turkey bro Hey, ah, I get it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 25: No, sir, no, sir, Stephan Mahlberg was getting two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: They sent them to China. He and and him and Ai wasn't waving guns.
Speaker 2: I mean, Joe's not wrong, but I mean Ai didn That was way after the NBA career was over, when they went to the Turkey and all that stuff like that.
Speaker 3: No, Steph was still don't Steph was STI getting.
Speaker 2: I mean Steph the China was still getting the China py early, but that was it. Didn't he choose to.
Speaker 1: Go to China. I think the league was boxing him out at one time. I had a long NBA career before. I don't remember him playing in Turkey and Ai got suspended a lot. He was in trouble a lot with the NBA. But Joe not wrong.
Speaker 2: But we have to we do have to stop putting this on Job's friends, like John has to be held accountable for Job. You know what I'm saying, because at the end of the day, John Moranch's not making mistakes no more. He's making choices. The first time might have been a mistake. Now you're just making choices now.
Speaker 3: Amari Hardwick was sitting down there for an interview and he was talking about Power and him coming back as maybe a ghost sequel or something new that they do with ghosts. I don't know if you remember, but last time he was here during the Breakfast Club, I asked him about him being the ghost character.
Speaker 1: He didn't really like it.
Speaker 2: This is what he said, Mark, did you have a problem taking this role since you are very much ghost to a lot of people, and it's hard to see you in any other role because every time I say I was like there, go go go see the.
Speaker 1: Movie, I said, said ghost.
Speaker 28: I mean, do you so I'm always ghost to you like I have inability as an actor, or I'm always.
Speaker 1: Ghost in your mind? See ghost right now? I should? I should? I just do Power for the rest of my man.
Speaker 28: I'm an amalgamation of Terry Crews and Lakeith Stanfield. But think about it and me I played a homosexual age victim married.
Speaker 1: To Janet Jackson. What Tyler Perrary movie was that for Color Girls Afraid? I mean, there's fifteen year career. It's just so funny. People goes like I guess and it's like it's pretty it's pretty fascinating.
Speaker 3: Well, he talks about possibly coming back for Ghosts and maybe doing something else with that whole Power franchise.
Speaker 20: It would have to just be the perfect thing they asked me before they come back. That's me in the last year and a half to come back when I was off of this, when I was in Boston reading this script. I was in Boston saying Okay, then this and then the then this went to stars and then they didn't come back giving me what I wanted on than this.
Speaker 1: So if they gave me the then this, it's a possibility. Yeah, you know they're right that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would have loved to see it, but I don't want to see it now because he don't do the surprise. But I'm sing I would like if he popped up on that the Power. I would have wanted to be like a surprise. Oh, but you know now that we're expecting it, I ain't know.
Speaker 1: I guess it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I guess that then this is financial Well, he talks about him and how he felt he was treated there.
Speaker 1: I've never made what I should have made. Never on the back end period. It's happening now finally, But up to that point though, Oh, in your career, you still weren't making money where you were taking long on power. I never got that. In the end of it, I never right. Never How much do you think I made a week an episode? So you had to at least one. No, then you got it right, first time I've ever disclosed it. Fifty in Corny. I'll thank you forever. But all of them know he didn't really make no money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Mary feels like he wasn't paid what he was supposed to be paid. But everything with what people say is always a negotiation. Right, you negotiate what you want. It was the biggest character at the time when he was on Power. I think he should have got paid what he thought he was worth. And if they didn't feel like it was worth that, then they move on to another series.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I was sitting there thinking, too, man, because I'm still stuck on the fat Joe thing. What he said about Alan Ibson and Steph on Barbara. The reason those weren't good examples is because they both played in the NBA for seventeen years. Like that, they played in the NBA for a long time. John Moren's only in his fourth year. Now John Moran get shipped the Turkey of China after the fourth year of the NBA. Don't want him, which is not gonna happen, by the way, because he's he's too talented. But they're not going to, you know, ship him to Turkey of China after his fourth season in the league. But Alan Steph played seventeen years in the NBA before they went on to play in China.
Speaker 3: I think Joey Krack was saying, you don't get sent to one of those, but they get sent to I don't get sent to Turkey.
Speaker 1: Don't get sent to wherever it is to play.
Speaker 2: Steph chose to step away from the NBA because they were trying to give him a deal with the Celtics for the veterans minimum, right, and he didn't want it, and then he decided to step away. And then then I think he went to China and Alan played all played seventeen years before he went to Turkey.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is your rumor report. The People's Choice mixes up. Next, I gotta remind you guys, don't forget. My car show is in two weeks, all right, so Memphis, pull up on me. We're doing a car show in Memphis. It's all about family, kids five and under. A free that's gonna be caused from Young Dolph, Keith Glock fifty cent, myself, Bunbee, and a couple of other celebrities we're about to announce. And also there's gonna be gaming trucks, there's gonna be food trucks, rides, carnival games, so much going on. So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. And if you live in the area, we'd love to have your car in this show. All right, it doesn't matter if you have a Honda card hooked up all Bugatti. We'd love to see a various different cars in the show. You can email me Djmvcarshow at gmail dot com. Click the link at my bio for more information. Let's get to the mix.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: With audio titles on business, career, advice, fitness, and more, Audible keeps you inspired whatever you're looking for. Check out all the audiobooks, podcasts, and originals you could ever want, all in one place. Sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club puting Everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ ANDV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: I want to shout out to everybody in Atlanta. I was out in Atlanta for the R and B Picnic, which was something I've never done before, and I just thought it was a dope idea. It was about four or five thousand people out there on along, you know, just having a great time with their family, and it was about seven DJs that provided the soundtrack, and that soundtrack was all R and B music. So shout the red alert, shout the booth, shout the mono, shout the DJ Louis V shout to just it was so many DJs on I don't even remember all the DJs on there, but we just provided the R and B soundtrack for a great day. The weather was amazing, the food was good, and I just want to say salute to everybody out there. We had a great time and thank you guys for having me. We appreciate it. And I think they're gonna take that on a tour. I just thought that was a brilliant idea. Just think about it. Picnic with your family. You got the kids, and y'all got your blankets and your everything, your food, your water, your baskets, and then the DJs just providing clean R and B music.
Speaker 1: It was just dope. So yeah, Shotland. This weekend, man, they had the Scrimpled a Woman Festival and summit. That's Mary J Festival with you don't notice, but I love you so much.
Speaker 2: I respect you and everything that you you do and uh just the way that you have you know, assisted the Queen Mary J. Blige and you know, getting her flowers and putting her in the position that she needed to be needed to be a Shawna. I salute you uh so much and I love what y'all do with the scrintpl Woman Festival. I'm very on nihlisimone. She was out there hosting that's right. What was it the Amazon scream.
Speaker 1: Somewhere Amazon stream, the Amazon live stream, but something like that. Yeah, it was her Gea, I mean her Ga Ga peppers and free and free, absolute to free, so absolutely free.
Speaker 2: Just hit me up and said it was such a pleasure working with Nihla man. So yeah, salute everybody that went to the script of Woman Festival this weekend and at al shot.
Speaker 1: That's right, it was.
Speaker 28: It was.
Speaker 1: It was dope, So shouts everybody out there. I mean it was.
Speaker 3: It was so much going on in Atlanta, and it was so nice and peaceful, and I just want to say again salute to a Shana, Salute to Mary J.
Speaker 1: Blige. That festival is amazing. I've seen don there. There were so many people around there, So salutes everybody out there, all right, and make sure to turn us on BT right now. Man, Well, it's probably late in the show. We're halfway through the show. Watch us on BT every morning at nine am. That's right, all right?
Speaker 3: When we come back and got the positive hill as the Breakfast Club the morning. Everybody is j n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast club. Now it's time to get it out of here. Charlamne, you got a positive note.
Speaker 23: I do man in.
Speaker 2: The positive note is simply this. It comes from Maya Angelou. And we've been having these conversations about John Moran all morning. I keep telling y'all, John Moran is no longer making mistakes now he's just making choices, and they're very poor choices. But Maya Angelou once said, do the best you can until you no better. Then when you know better, do better.
Speaker 1: It's really that simple breakfast club. You gonna finish or y'all done.