Speaker 1: Hey, there he is.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 3: Babe.
Speaker 4: Well, what's up? Guys who listen to you?
Speaker 1: Oh, Halsey, that's what that is?
Speaker 3: This song that that song is like eight years old.
Speaker 4: And I don't always find things like everyone else does.
Speaker 3: Donald, I would tell you it's fire. Listen, you don't think that song is fire.
Speaker 4: I'm late to the Halsey party.
Speaker 3: Like seven years ago.
Speaker 4: It's better late than never to the Halsey party. Donald, there you go.
Speaker 3: Why are you yelling?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Calm down.
Speaker 4: I know I'm taking on. I'm taking I'm so rusty with this podcast. I'm being you. I become you. I am so excited to see you guys and to talk to our audience that I've become Donald Faison and I'm screaming off the top.
Speaker 3: Speaking of fire records, you know it's fires that scissor record man. Yeah, from front to and it's old too. You guys can clown me if you want to.
Speaker 4: I only I only know the song I just killed Kill Bill is a great song.
Speaker 3: There's so many great ones on that album.
Speaker 4: Not the best idea.
Speaker 3: There's a song called special. Oh my gosh, I missed you guys.
Speaker 4: I miss you too, bro, I really really missed you.
Speaker 3: Did you see Guardians at the Galaxy?
Speaker 4: No, but I'm told that people are crying. Bill Lawrence even told me he shed a tear.
Speaker 3: It's very hard not to cry in this movie. You have to have a you have to have a heart of stone and hate.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't have a heart of stone or hate. I will guess I'll cry too. Oh, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go, Joelle, did you love it?
Speaker 5: I did really enjoy it. It's it was a really fun ride. It was a wonderful Like if you go back and watch the first two Guardians, you're like, man, this story for Rocket really pays off.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I'm I mean, everybody's story kind of pays off at the right.
Speaker 5: I have that underground story where you were kind of like, oh, I know a little bit about his past but not a lot, and what's really going on? And then this whole beautiful arch about like where he came from and how he came to be the guy, you know, and then such redemption and it's really good.
Speaker 3: It's so great. It was. It was a lot of fun, and it was hard not to cry. And I tried my hardest. I tried my hardest.
Speaker 4: Why do I tried not to cry? I don't understand this like this, I know.
Speaker 3: Because it makes it feel better. It feels better when you try.
Speaker 4: It's like edging. You're edging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean. It's like it's like it's like right when you go, you know, like, Okay, So I got my colonoscopy a couple of years ago, and I remember.
Speaker 4: Did you come?
Speaker 1: What a transition?
Speaker 3: So hard?
Speaker 4: But don't be afraid. Don't be afraid of what happens. Happens in the doctor's office. He can't tell the one he's not tell anybody.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just put it this way. I said to the doctor. I said, listen, because somebody told me a friend of mine who who unfortunately has cancer and had it for a really long time, it has to get colonoscopies a lot. It was like when they give you the sedative, the thing to knock you out, tell them to tell you before you get it, so you know, and you can feel the difference.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, and then oh so you tried to hold onto it so you can enjoy the drugs.
Speaker 3: Exactly. Yes, So it's the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: I just had to have a prostate exam. I guess that's what I meant, because I guess you can't really have those feelings unless you're awake. And it didn't It wasn't really for me.
Speaker 3: You didn't like them.
Speaker 4: No, I'm glad to have it done to make sure my prostate is correct. But while it was happening, I wasn't like, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh god, So no, comm then that's.
Speaker 4: Checked that on his chart. He was like, did you come, I said, not checked it on his chart? All right, Sorry, We've already made Joelle cover her face twice and we just started. I really did miss you, guys. It's been too long an audience. I'm so sorry it took us so long. Donald was making a new what's soon to be I'm sure a giant comedic hit.
Speaker 3: I totally hope. So we were in the middle of we were in the middle of an episode when things changed in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are in a strike. For those who don't know, the Writer's Guild has put their pencils, their figurative pencils down until they get a fair deal from the studios, and so nothing new can be written. People are still doing shooting things that have been written, but that may come to a halt if the Director's Guild goes on strike, which will know eminently and then he need any moment, right joelletly.
Speaker 3: You guys, there isn't the negotiations is up today? Is it today?
Speaker 4: I don't know when it's up. I think they're at the table now. What's interesting is that the writers aren't even talking to the A m TP. Is that it too well a belief whatever it is the Producers Association of all the studios, it's not a producer associating, it's all the studios collectively, because the writers aren't are on strike and they're not even negotiating with with with this with the streamers and the studios because they're now trying to negotiate with the directors. And by the way, whether directors get a deal or they don't sag. The Screen Actors Guild is up in June.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So this is going to be a waterfall.
Speaker 3: And uh it is like the perfect storm, dude.
Speaker 4: It's in the worst, in the worst, in the worst scenario. Nothing's getting made this year. That's that's that involves Union Writers, Directors and Actors d g.
Speaker 5: A is at the table right now the d GA.
Speaker 4: It'll really be interesting to see what happens with the d G a UH. That will be a bell weather for things to come, because you can still continue to film things now if they're if they've been written. But if the directors go on strike, you can't make anything right.
Speaker 3: Well, didn't they what about the UH like Grips and Electric and all of them, didn't they go?
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 3: Isn't their contract up to their's.
Speaker 5: Is coming up shortly and they're marching. A lot of them are marching with the writers right now.
Speaker 4: So I went that.
Speaker 3: I went.
Speaker 4: I went in and walk the picket line around Disney with Brett Goldstein and Bill Lawrence and the and the shrinking UH writing team. It was really cool. And by the way, if you want to support people, you don't need to be in these guilds to go march with them and strike with them. There's no requirement if you just want to be I saw someone posted something like, Hey, I'm a writer, I'm an aspiring writer, but I'm not in the guild yet. Am I allowed to? Of course, you're everyone is welcome. They want to make as much of a I should keep saying, Hey, I'm in the Writers Guild. We want to make as much a ruckus as as possible. And if you're confused about what this is all about, I really want it in the shortest form. I just wanted to say that obviously everything has changed in the industry, but the way that writers are paid has not been changed at all. And I wanted to mention that this.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's actually been it's actually it's actually gotten harder for writers to get paid because of the way the format has changed so rapidly. Actually within the last ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 4: The last writer's startup since the launch of Netflix, making content that wasn't just sending out DVDs was really the first big.
Speaker 3: Right, But that if you remember, the last writers strike was about DVDs actually and getting residuals on DVDs. What's interesting to me is this, And I'm not trying to be political, I'm not trying to to start up.
Speaker 4: Speak your mind, friend, this is your podcast.
Speaker 3: But look, okay, So when the DVD thing was coming up, the studios knew that in a few years the DVD would be the way of the DODO and nobody would be using DVDs anymore, right, But they still held out for ninety days, dude, for ninety days.
Speaker 4: Well, in a lot of ways, you know, the cynics would say, in a lot of ways, they have nothing to lose, They have plenty of content. They can just you know, force the writers to wait it out. And I don't know, it's really a big mess. It's not an easy solft. I wanted to recommend a podcast that really explains it very well if you're curious. It's the New York Times podcast The Daily, which is just a wonderful podcast. But I even I, who know a lot, because basically, Bill, who's mister know Everything, explained it to me very well. But even this was clear than Bill. It's the title. It was six days ago on The Daily. It's called how Streaming Hurt Hollywood Writers, And it really breaks down the whole strike and the whole conundrum and quagmire of it all if you're curious as to what's going on. And also I want to just say, don't conflate this strike when you think of celebrity, famous writers like Bill and Shonda Rhymes and JJ Abrams. This is not about those people. This is about the young people coming up and people who live check to check on being a writer, and it certainly it's certainly about the next wave of writers and whether this will be a viable career path where someone can make a decent living wage doing it, you know, And let you know, Bill said it in a really good way. He goes, unless you've got rich parents, they're going to help you out, this won't be a viable career path for young writers at all. Right, And I think you got to think of it like that, right, Joelle.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. I mean, we've already seen this sort of happen in the entertainment writing space. So if you give your magazine or newspapers, et cetera, if you look into a lot of the people who are working and have made a career, a lot of them either had partners who were willing to support them through lean time so they can sue a career, or were born into wealth and had enough money that you know, they could pursue their passion. And it really sucks if you're born outside of that circle and this is your passion and your drive, and you have the talent and you just can't do enough to make you know, it's expensive to live in la And I think a lot of people when they see the numbers, they're like, oh, that's so much money. I could you know, live very well off that. And you have to got to look at real estate out here, got to look at what groceries cost.
Speaker 4: It's it's also just like being just like being an actor, a starting out actor, not someone's who's been successful. Everything is in fits and spurts. So you might make a you might make a big check because you sold a script, but then that's gonna last. That's gonna last to you a year.
Speaker 3: And so well, what was great about the old days was if you did have a show on the air. Let's say you had a show that ran for two years or three years and it's sold into syndication, you would get residuals on the show. Now, because of streaming, there's no such thing as resi. So you you get paid up front, and so whatever it is that you get paid upfront has to last after the show is gone, when you're swimming back out into the ocean trying to catch that next wave.
Speaker 4: We were when we were coming up on Scrubs, the television show. It would then when you had a hit show, like we were lucky enough to be a part of it. You would then get syndicated. So when you saw it in reruns, remember reruns on like actual television, that was that was extra residual money for for the cast. That doesn't exist anymore for writers or actors.
Speaker 3: So what if you only had one show ever in your life, one show, and it was a span of three years, and let's say you didn't see the incoming you know what I mean, that at least helped out. Okay, all right, look next year when the show runs for wherever it is on w p i X in New York, I know, I got a little bit of money coming my way while I hustle and try to make it to the next thing. Right now, it's like, once the show is over, you have to get another job in order to sustain whatever it is your living space is, however it is you're living.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other problem on the studio side is that it's not really I mean, both Daniel and Joel please correct me if you know more about this than I do. The streamers seem to be out of humans. I mean they anyone who's going to sign up for their product has kind of signed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My understanding is that a couple of things have happened. So one, everybody has a streaming service now and so it's no longer the like, you know, oh I have Netflix in Hulu and that was enough and I'll pay my like twenty bucks a month or whatever. And so there's been a lot of like people dropping out of one to join the other, or they're only coming on to watch that one show they really love and then leaving, and so it definitely seems like they've sort of there's not much more to offer. He knows exactly what you're getting out of streaming service. You know what shows, you know what their brand is, and so yeah, there's and you know, they didn't build in a revenue source to keep growing, unfortunately, and so that's been a real struggle for them. And while why you'll definitely see more ads coming in, Like I think, yeah.
Speaker 4: Someone told me that Wholo's showing ads even if you have a subscription. Someone told me, yeah, you got I have like what I do too. But this person must have had had a plan, were they.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's like a third one in between, and I know Hulu and Disney just announced they're going to go into one one service by the emerging Yeah, what.
Speaker 4: About HBO MAX calling themselves Max is like the great brand? Why do you ship that out of the title?
Speaker 3: I don't want to Max and Max is associated with Cinemax, which is associated with Skinemax, which is also like Max. Come on, like for real, HBO was straight up like that was forever, that was forever Home Box Office, yo' they have.
Speaker 4: I heard the reason I heard the grapevine was that they want to expand and be for all ages and that John Q. Citizen thinks of HBO as an adult brand.
Speaker 5: Right, which is fair. I mean, they got Harry Potter, they have Sesame Street. I still think it's foolish. If you had wanted to find a space, you have Discovery right there. Yeah, Discovery Kids, which is a channel A lot of children are familiar with it. If they're not, you can absolutely branch it out.
Speaker 3: Aren't those all Disney products? Now?
Speaker 4: They're Warner Brothers. Warner Brothers.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, yeah, so it's Warner Brother's Discovery now, and so they have like Geral Discovery right everything. You have an endless like space, and you could have left the thing that was working well because as a person who likes HBO, you know there's many of us. It's weird to be like, okay and now they'll be kids. Content makes me that's a confusing landscape to try to navigate when you already have something clean that was working.
Speaker 4: That they have all the testing and they have all the data. But to me, it's like you losing your like legacy amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got to go after all of the money, man, I mean, let's let's keep it one high. It really is. At the end of the day, it is all about the money. The reason why they're picketing outside of Disney, the reason why you got on that line. It's all about the money. And the only way you can make more money is if you can find more subscribers, and so you gotta Now.
Speaker 4: I get it, Like I said, this is this decision wasn't made outside of nine thousand test audiences. I'm sure, I just think. But I'm sure you thought, why would you get rid of the name we all grew up on?
Speaker 3: Like I thought that was crazy too, But I get I mean, I totally get it, but I thought I couldn't. I just couldn't believe they chose Max, Like, isn't there another version of HBO that could you know what I mean like there was HBO Go, there was HBO Max, there.
Speaker 1: Was h went Away, HBO Go, HBO Gone.
Speaker 4: I'm the HBO Gone. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 4: I like the HBO brand. I think he's a great brand. I love their shows. I think they make great shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you really think about it, if you really think about it, in order to launch a successful streaming service, you have to have a good show. You know, Disney had the Mandalorian. I don't know what HBOS was. Uh.
Speaker 5: If you're the back half of Dragons to launch games right right?
Speaker 3: Apple Plus had all of those shows that signed Oprah. Right, you have to have something great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Apple take.
Speaker 3: Off right now that you change your name to Max, what is your launching what's your launching platform? Now? What's it gonna be?
Speaker 5: Series?
Speaker 4: They they'll have everything. I mean it's Warner Brothers and I mean they're gonna have extraordinary stuff. I just don't understand the name change, but I think we understand it on paper. It's just we grew up with HBO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I remember the music did it?
Speaker 4: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: The long opening was it?
Speaker 4: You never knew when they were going to drop the long open open, right, But the long.
Speaker 3: Opening was stop motion animation, too amazing, dropped through the freaking whole Nabors.
Speaker 4: For those of you listening who are who are too young, go I'm sure it's on YouTube. Go up, look the law. I don't know what it would be under, like the old school long HBO opening, and you never knew when you chose something. You just you didn't actually didn't choose. It was just on. When it was on, you didn't know if you were gonna get short or long. But when it was long, like, oh, this must be good, this must be a banger.
Speaker 3: This is gonna.
Speaker 4: They chose.
Speaker 3: Long open. It's the premiere.
Speaker 4: It's the premiere premiere.
Speaker 3: It's premiere in the night on HBO.
Speaker 4: You guys watching Succession.
Speaker 3: My wife loves it.
Speaker 1: We just started. Stephanie and I are fire.
Speaker 3: That opening, that opening is fire. That fire is.
Speaker 4: Mitchell's who wrote the theme? Mm that theme is It's so good. I want to I want to listen to on a remix with like.
Speaker 3: I was sitting there just go like this yo, yeah, nig us kick it like all day long.
Speaker 4: I really think that someone needs to put a beat on that on that theme song because it's fire.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: That that's out there on that's go on TikTok hip hop Succession.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I'm sure, but.
Speaker 5: You know, fans, if you want to send us your remix versions.
Speaker 4: Fans, please send us your Succession theme song remixes. I don't go to the clurb, but if I was at the clurb and that came on, I'd scream with you DONALDA check you.
Speaker 5: Off before we go too far off the strike. Can I just drop? Uh? There's something called the Entertainment Community Fund used to be known as the Actors Fund. If you want to support writers that are striking, but you don't live in LA and can't join the picket line, you can donate money here. Just go drop down TV and film. They help out of work folks, help folks buy groceries. Is a really beautiful organization. And also drop the link in the show notes.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, before you say what you're gonna say, Zach, I just want to say real quick, I'm sorry to cut you off. First of all, sorry, very sorry for that, but you're absolutely right, Joelle. You know, people see actors on television and it's a very glamorous job, and it seems like it should pay the bills and pay for everyone to live. But at the end of the day, there are a lot of actors that are on your favorite shows that still kind of live. Check to check, you understand, and so and and and and it's I know it's hard to imagine that, and I know it's hard to to it's hard to fathom and understand that. But this isn't This is a reality. And it's the same thing with writers, and it's the same thing with directors.
Speaker 4: There's a guy on I'm gonna interrupt you back. There was a guy who's a writer on The Bear and he wrote a tweet thread that was like, I was nominated for writing The Bear and I was applying and rejected from a job at Target.
Speaker 5: That's real, child, man, this is negative account balance. When he accepted his.
Speaker 4: Award, yeah that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's real talk. This is but people don't know this because you look at television and you think that's it's glamorous. You know, there's lights.
Speaker 4: I think what you're trying to say, and I agree with, is that please don't conflate the stars you know, and the super successful people you know with these people who are striking even though everyone's in the same guild. This is about the future of these professions being a viable option for creative people. And also if you live in places where they shoot, you go join. You can go support these people, even if you want to bring them some pizzas or you want to go join the picket line. You might even be your future partner. Obviously, New York l A. Atlanta is where most of it's happening.
Speaker 1: Bottled water is a big one because they can bring it water next day, bring bottled water. It's hot out there, people are walking. They need that obviously, haunt your horns and support.
Speaker 3: I want where you're going, where you go. I'm going to the picket line for.
Speaker 4: What they did a singles one by the way.
Speaker 3: Zack told me I might, I might meet my.
Speaker 4: Yeah by the way by the way. And if you go there, you tell them that Zach and Donald's and Joel and Daniell sent you. By the way they did. They did. This is how they're trying to make sure everyone goes. You suppose you're required to go, but they try and give you incentives. So they said there's a singles one at Universal Studios, and it's like it's like a singles picket line.
Speaker 1: Walk around all day? Great first date.
Speaker 4: No, I just thought it was a funny concept, like they're just trying to make to make everyone turn up. They're like, okay, Wednesday at noon at Universal Lot is the singles picket line.
Speaker 3: If you if you listen, man, if you're a writer and you're just in the room all day.
Speaker 4: No, if you're gonna be, if you're gonna be, if you're gonna be strolling around in front of gates trying to stop trucks from going in, you might as well meet the love of your life.
Speaker 3: Or the love of the night. WU tak forever night.
Speaker 4: I never heard you make that up.
Speaker 3: Just now, baby, that's fun.
Speaker 4: That's good, that's funny. Donald, that's a good lyric for a song. You want to be the love of my life, but the love of the night.
Speaker 3: Bars.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy to be back on my computer. I have to thank Daniel who told me I had to put my computer down. I'm sorry you guys. Do you guys feel this with it? Your computer? You're so loyal to it, Like so much has happened, so much life is happening. I wrote a good person on it. I've written so many other things on it. I've done the entire podcast on it. And my assistant told me that the computer repairment and said that it has to go. And I was like, no, I'm asking Daniel. Daniel knows everything about computers, and I'm gonna call Daniel. We are not putting this down. And my assistant inamed Daniel talks and he gave them all the all the information, and Daniel texts me he's like, yo, dude, that computer from twenty fifteen, it's gotta go.
Speaker 3: Long ago.
Speaker 1: No, yes, in computer years.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately it is okay, but this is what I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Don't got to put it down. Computers.
Speaker 3: I've seen people with older laptops, older laptops that's newer.
Speaker 4: No, but I can't get Daniel, I can't get the latest operating system because they won't.
Speaker 1: It goes like this, As your software gets newer, its ability to run on old hardware gets worse. So it's like it demands more and your computer has less, and it just like becomes this thing where it's like it's like, yeah, upgrade to the new operating system and it's just making your computer run slower. Okay, So these are my last three computers right here. I keep them forever, never getting rid of the data he's got, by the way, audience.
Speaker 4: He's holding like drives that are the size of playing cards. I don't know how to do that, Danel, So I just keep the whole computer.
Speaker 3: Somewhere same here. Yes, can you please come over and pull them out of all of my laptops.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like it's like remember short Circuit Donald. I feel like it's number five and I'm trying to live. Yeah, I feel like I'm trying to kill number five.
Speaker 3: Johnny five is a lie.
Speaker 4: Five is a lie.
Speaker 3: Johnny five is a line? Is a lie? It's like, that's like the it was the freaking roboty t.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was roboty T. Hey guys were guys and gals. We're doing our our very first live show in Seattle on the one almost exactly a month. It's almost sold out. I mean all of the I think all of the assigned seats whatever they call it, are sold out already. There is a general admission area that still has some tickets left, so please come if you're there.
Speaker 3: Ain't no party like a general admission party. That's where the real stuff happens. Yeah, that's where they be cooking the sausage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where you can you could probably you could probably work on someone in the general mission.
Speaker 3: Okay, not only not only not only that, you could barbecue.
Speaker 4: And we don't want you. We don't want you.
Speaker 1: We don't think the thrilling. It's not a tailgate, it's not no we forgiveness than as week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we don't want you. We don't want people. Bring a habachies please. It's it is a show.
Speaker 3: It's get hungry.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a really good show. The four of us are going to be there. There's lots of surprises planned.
Speaker 3: There are. I'm surprised that you said there are.
Speaker 4: Well I'm gonna tell you what some of the surprises, Daniel. You can bleep them.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to we all want to know.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Dan will bleep this. The first surprise is that.
Speaker 3: Just how are you going to bleep that Outnel? Leave that out? Daniel?
Speaker 4: One long, deep, one long beep.
Speaker 3: The first one is.
Speaker 5: The second one.
Speaker 4: The second one isn't confirmed. Do you want me to tell you? But Daniel, I have to keep it of course.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 5: Uh, Oh my god, what a wonderful thing that could happen as surprise.
Speaker 4: I need to know this is all just potential, So don't get too excited.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I'm gonna tamper it down.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 5: Right now I'm excited and I wanted to happen.
Speaker 3: If that happens, this would be oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the point is audience, it's gonna be fun. And obviously, if this works and we feel like we did a good job and the audience is happy, we're brainstorming about doing more of them. Right, we're brainstorming.
Speaker 3: How about this? We're brainstorming about the possibilities of what would come next? How about that?
Speaker 4: Where do you want to go?
Speaker 3: I have always wanted to take the podcast to Australia.
Speaker 4: I know we haven't in Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always wanted to do that ever since always dream Boy went on that television show with the with the fake doctor's real friends Onesie with the bald head. Oh Mitch, yeah, when Mitch, Yeah, Life's of Mitchy Mitch. I knew they'n and there. We need to go to Australia.
Speaker 4: It could be a lot of fun. But we'll start with the United States of America because that's easiest. I don't think the tour bus with our faces on the side is going to be doable.
Speaker 3: But what about the UK? Can? Can?
Speaker 4: That's all possible because you know what.
Speaker 3: My favorite cities are. I have two favorite cities. London, Yeah, hm, it's great city. Toronto, that's one of my favorite cities. Donald, We'll meet some Toronto.
Speaker 4: The truth is is that we elarny know it's a draw because it's close to being sold out and we're a month and we're a month out, and hopefully people in Seattle hearing that there's still a few tickets left will sell it out when they hear this on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: But what if you live in New York, would you travel all the way to Seattle to see it?
Speaker 4: There are people traveling. I've seen people right on my socials people that are traveling.
Speaker 1: I've gotten some Instagram dms.
Speaker 3: Have you gotten anybody from like the UK that was like, yo, fuck it, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going No, But I had no.
Speaker 3: Imagine what are you getting your visa for? I need to go see.
Speaker 5: A question we asked during the shows, like who figure out who came from furthest away that.
Speaker 4: Would be how we should do that. By the way we're doing it, We're gonna do a Q and A as part of it. So uh, those of you who are coming, think of good questions. It's gonna be fun and it will always be fun because it's our first time doing this, and I just think it's gonna We're gonna have a blast. Donald and I. I've never done stand up and doing this show is kind of like our chance to do our own. It's the closest thing Donald and I are going to get to being a stand up comedian. And we're doing the musical episode. Some of you asked, why do it again, because we don't want to invite eighteen hundred people to a theater and and uh and do like just whatever episode happens to come up. We want to do one of the great episodes, which we both love. And also there's a chance we might sing a tune or two that you can be unbelieved.
Speaker 3: Donald, Yeah, there's a there's a there's a there's a chance that what Zach said could happen.
Speaker 4: The facts about.
Speaker 3: No, no, you can't do it now, I'm just I'm just warming up. You can't do it now?
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into the show. Let's I'll kind of.
Speaker 6: Say we made about a bunch of said he's a stormy.
Speaker 3: So ya.
Speaker 4: Ya.
Speaker 1: It's so good to be back. You honored me.
Speaker 4: I really just missed you, guys.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time.
Speaker 4: It has been so long Donald you were doing your show.
Speaker 3: Do you know how long it's been.
Speaker 4: We did two shows without you. You probably didn't listen to them, but we did two shows without you.
Speaker 3: About a good person.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We did a one with Florence Pugh, the legendary actress, and we did one with my therapist, doctor Fader, who.
Speaker 3: Was, uh holy you got episodes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a good one. They were both.
Speaker 1: Doctor Fader was a legend.
Speaker 4: Doctor Fader was great. Right, we should have him back Florence.
Speaker 3: Of course he's not the Penis doctor though, right.
Speaker 4: No, I do need doctor Penis back, though, Joelle, can you book him? I have some penis questions?
Speaker 5: Have Penis?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: I have prostate questions because uh, just get an expert on his book, Doctor Penis, and say, just mentioned to doctor Penis that the area is going to be well, all areas, but but the prostate. We're going to focus on the prostate.
Speaker 1: Focusing on the prostate, an area that he made not be expert.
Speaker 4: You know, he is urologists. That's the prostates, their thing, is it?
Speaker 3: I thought it was only the shaft that was their thing.
Speaker 4: No, you think their job stops at the shaft?
Speaker 3: I thought, doctor, I thought, just right, that's right. I thought. I thought there was a young doctor, and then there was a tip doctor. Then there was a big ball.
Speaker 1: A cubist mons doctor, my job, My job was a doctor.
Speaker 4: All I do is I just do tank. That would be a boring job. It's not enough taints enough work.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: The doctor was just all I do is shaft. When second you get to pubist mons balls, I'm out.
Speaker 3: What about tip? No, just shaft.
Speaker 4: I once had to have a camera. Did I say, this stuck up my down my shaft?
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 4: And the door? The doctor said? The doctor said, I know the tip. I was like, what about the rest? It's horrible, And I'm like, oh my gosh, I don't recommend it. It's horrible. Imagine a camera, and this is not a small camera. This was like a VHS camcord.
Speaker 1: It's like they're filming a nineties music video.
Speaker 4: Say still talking about your willis Sorr.
Speaker 3: It's like a whole group of people that are like, what the fuck is a VHS?
Speaker 4: VHS is so large? He said, I don't know our audience is that they.
Speaker 3: Know there are people that don't know what a fucking floppy disc is.
Speaker 4: I know these two didn't these two all right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: I really got dragged for that on Twitter because I posted a picture. They're like, Daniel, you didn't know what that was.
Speaker 4: I was like, your mister computer guy, bro, I know what it is.
Speaker 1: I just never used them alas, I'll take my dragging. That's fine, all right, take it.
Speaker 4: You can drag down when the Techi computer guy doesn't know what a floppy all right? This was written and directed by Bill Lawrence, and it's called my ABC's and it's the It's the Sesame Street episode of Scrubs.
Speaker 5: So good.
Speaker 3: Now I have a question I didn't get a chance to open.
Speaker 4: I didn't even open Scrubs Wiki, so I gotta open it.
Speaker 3: Are there are two versions of this? Is there? The Sesame Street and then the Muppet version? Did we have one where Piggy and Kermit and Fozzy were on the show? Also?
Speaker 4: I think that was a special we did. I think we did, like as we did a Muppets movie. We did cameos in a Muppets movie. Is that right?
Speaker 3: What it was? I wasn't in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were.
Speaker 3: All of you guys were except for me.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you do it? You don't like them?
Speaker 3: Now? I think I was doing a movie at the time or some shit.
Speaker 4: Oh. I think we got asked to do it and it was, you know, an ABC sort of crossover thing. Maybe.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is but this is the Sesame Street episode.
Speaker 4: Yes here, I'm pulling up scrubs wikie for some from data. This is episode five of season eight. It aired on January twenty seventh, two thousand and nine, and it has all the interns. Azz plays a very big part in this episode. Oh, Josh Rayden sings the acoustic can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?
Speaker 3: He sings the melancholic version of it will kick you in your heart?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it was.
Speaker 3: It's like I lost old ass motherfucker who wants to just be a kid again. Yes, can tell me how again?
Speaker 4: Okay? Here it is Donald in two thousand and two most most but not Donald Faison of the main Scrubs cast appeared as their Scrubs characters in quote, it's a very merry Muppet Christmas movie.
Speaker 3: How come THEYDA and asked Black Scrubs to be in that?
Speaker 4: Oh my yuess, well it sounds like you were doing a movie.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll see two thousand and what two thousand and two? Yeah, let me look that up.
Speaker 4: Zach Braff and Donald Faison appeared in episodes of Sesame Street. Faison held a recurring role in the early nineties I did, and Braff appeared in a twenty fifteen episode explaining the word anxiety. It's very funny. If you haven't seen it, go on the youtubes and look up my name Anxiety and Sesame Street.
Speaker 3: This episode was It had some moments. I don't think anyone has ever seen the Muppets this way before. Yeah, we want they were one well other than Oscar to Grouch who was in the trash. Can I mean that joke about I know what's wrong? I think I figured out what's wrong with you. Give it to me straight, Doc, you gotta hand up you.
Speaker 4: Go inside of you. Well, this makes sense. This bit of trivia makes sense because I was confused about the story sequencing because this felt like it was going back a little bit, and.
Speaker 3: This felt like it was the first episode as.
Speaker 4: It does Donald. And also there's a pun in the my ABC's because this is the first year we were on ABC, so that was my ABC's, but also the pun being its sesame street. But here we go. This episode was originally planned to be the first episode of season eight, which explains some inconsistencies in the story, such as JD being surprised that Denise's abrupt bedside manner or her being or her being surprised at being called Joe despite that nickname already having been used, and everyone in the hospital commenting on JD's new beard. In addition, JD.
Speaker 3: A through story through the whole episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah chicks digging his beard making more sense as he's meant to be dating Elliott again at this point. That was I was confused by all that, But this is this is.
Speaker 3: It's it's well, it's not out of order. It's the order that they decided to air the show. You know, that really fucks up the show sometimes, you know what I mean? I know that I know that Bill was saying that Scrubs. He tried to make it So Scrubs was one of those shows where you could tune in whenever you wanted to, and it didn't you didn't have to follow any storyline. If you tuned in, you could easily be caught up in it right because there was no linear story line through the whole thing. And I feel like with certain seasons, especially like this season and you know, the season that Keith and Elliott break up and everything like that, when it was out of order, it kind of fox up the rhythm of how you want, you know what I mean? And so this definitely felt really weird. It was like, why is everybody so caught up on his beard? I just remember the whole Joe sequence coming this way, starting this way, and then us going into Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 4: Because it's already been discussed, like we've seen we've seen this Joe is Cold thing before. It's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, did you hit record on your quick Time? Donald?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Did you hit record?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You said you've been recording. Wait, yeah, because he records on the zoom, he's not using quick Time?
Speaker 4: Did you record on your zoom?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I fucked up, Daniel. I got so excited to see you guys. I didn't hit it, hit it before you hit it.
Speaker 1: Is the quality set too high or maximum?
Speaker 4: I'm so disappointed, dude, I'm rusty. I got so excited.
Speaker 1: If you want my changing it to maximum, that would be great.
Speaker 4: Daniel, I really let us down.
Speaker 3: It's okay, you totally let everybody down. America so mad at you right now?
Speaker 4: No, but Daniel, I feel sad about this.
Speaker 3: I know what they're really upset. They're upset in Australia. Australia is like this.
Speaker 4: Listen, audience, audience, you're gonna notice that my sound quality is going to get good.
Speaker 3: Right the UK is pissed, audience.
Speaker 4: My sound quality is gonna get good right now. I'm sorry. I was so excited to see these guys like a little fucking kid that either faces their face.
Speaker 3: Got no kids, like a little fucking.
Speaker 1: Kids, like someone who does have kids.
Speaker 4: And when I saw them, I was bouncing and I didn't hit record on my quick time down. I feel like I let you down. I let the audience down. But audience, don't sound much better now?
Speaker 1: You sound great, silky smooth.
Speaker 4: Now, Dann, will my sound effects have come through or not?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, good? Yes, all the show all right, so Kelso doesn't work again. This is reintroducing something we already know because guess what it was supposed to be the premiere episode. Kelso gets muffins every day at the hospital and doesn't um it doesn't He gets free muffins for life and hangs out every day at.
Speaker 3: The coffee Bucks. Yeah, coffee Bucks. And and he's still he still is a mean person.
Speaker 4: He's not. This is what we know about Kelso. He's still mean. He has no life outside of the hospital. Still, he gets free muffins from a guy named Donnie, and that's his existence. At the beginning of season eight.
Speaker 3: We learned that Cox hates Deal or No Deal. Yes, wow, now I have no clue. I'm just he starts the episode off Dealer No Deal in turns raise their hands, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 4: I assume it's because the show must have been very hot at the moment, and I don't think Cox likes things that are culturally very zeitgeisty. I think he hates that.
Speaker 3: Why does he hate Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 4: I think he hates Hugh Jackman because Hugh Jackman at the time and obviously still was such a popular movie star and he was good at everything, that that Cox is an alpha male, was jealous of the fact that Hugh Jackman could do anything and everything. He could be the star of a musical, he could be a tough guy in the movies.
Speaker 3: And do you think Hugh Jackman took offense to any of this?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure he didn't love it. Who the hell wants to have a joke on the show be like I hate that person?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, except everybody on the show was like, you're crazy for that opinion.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, but I still think you're not, like, yay, yay, the character on a TV show that's popular hates me.
Speaker 1: Look, nobody likes catching strays on TV.
Speaker 3: It's just like, yes, you know what, we all know this for a fact.
Speaker 1: That's just true.
Speaker 4: We called it straight. I was watching the Emmys and Family do we talk about this? The Family Guy characters were hosting the Emmys. They were doing the opening monologue. Obviously it was a it was an animation video. But I'm like Donald and I like tune in, like time for the Emmys. Here we go and they're singing a song and and the lyric was one of the It was dissing. It was like a roast, but it was, Yeah, it was dissing me. The song was. And on NBC we have the lovable Zach Braff who reminds us that a sitcom doesn't have to make us laugh. Come on. I was like, I was like, I just sat down to watch the Emmys.
Speaker 3: That is like straight up shot.
Speaker 4: And I remember, like, WHOA do I watch the rest of the Emmys.
Speaker 3: God, yeah, he wasn't a fan. Ude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, McFarlane wasn't a fan. I mean he he did that whole white Scrubs, black Scrubs thing.
Speaker 3: It's got some great He's cool outside, it's cool outside.
Speaker 1: But he was so nice.
Speaker 3: It's so nice when I'm.
Speaker 4: Well, I think, I don't know that he ever even watched the show. I just knew that we were popular and he loved taking digs at us.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 5: You caught a positive stray on The Great North, which is a new Fox animated like family sitcom style show, where one of the characters was describing something they were like, I can't remember the exact quote, was like it's luminescent. They're like, like, Zach brast smile. I was like, that's.
Speaker 3: So so sweet.
Speaker 4: Second, another positive stray I caught was on thirty Rock, which at its height, which I loved, And Kenneth sneaks on to Conan's set and pretends and when no one's there, and he's sitting on the couch like he's and he's imagining he's a guest, and he does this whole thing about why, yes, Conan, my career has taken off. My roommate Zach Braff and I love Ta da da Da da da. And this fantasy was that we were roommates. Amazing, amazing, all right, So a these this, this is Azas is big introduction I think into the show, or I know he's has he appeared another one. I forgot.
Speaker 3: He has appeared in other ones, but this is the this was meant to be meant.
Speaker 4: To be his introduction. Yeah, and he says wah, which I don't really get, but that's like he's saying.
Speaker 7: Wah when whenever, Yeah, whenever an intern because the intern got because Katie got roasted by doctor Cox.
Speaker 3: He swah because he was sick of her being the know it all in turn.
Speaker 4: Right, I didn't think it was did you think it was funny?
Speaker 3: Well, it's to pay off for the end of the it's to pay off for the end of the show.
Speaker 4: So when I know, but I think, don't get me wrong, I think he's is funny. I just didn't think, whoa it was funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I mean Cox was pretty hard up on you Stone.
Speaker 4: Were you high when you watched it?
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, bro.
Speaker 4: I thought you'd take a weed break. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Nigga were on strike? You forever? Forever?
Speaker 4: You ran to that fucking men's store, isn't he?
Speaker 3: There was like we strike and I was like, we striking?
Speaker 4: Did Donald? Donald ran past seven picking lines to get to the weed.
Speaker 3: Store, walked right up and well, were on strike?
Speaker 4: Sorry, honey, we're on strike.
Speaker 3: She's like, what you're doing today? Striking?
Speaker 4: All right? Maybe is funny if you're baked. I wasn't baked. So we're all assigned interns. No, we're gonna sign. We're taking one under our wings.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're you're you're choosing of the from the bunch of interns. You're choosing one to mentor so uh uh. Elliott chooses Katie, Cox chooses Ed, and j D chooses Denise better known as Joe.
Speaker 4: He calls her Joe, which is for some reason, he thinks she reminds him of Joe from Facts of Life because.
Speaker 3: She because she's kind of like tough and a.
Speaker 4: Tomboy, a tomboy butchy tomboy.
Speaker 3: And she says, you know, she goes, you called me Joe, and he said, I thought you might like it from the Facts of Life. She goes, yeah, it's kind of butchy, which is weird because you know, I like banging dudes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she talks like that and she has no I mean almost to a cartoonish level. It bothered me a little bit, like is she even a human being? I mean she she had absolutely no I'm talking about bedside matter. She had negative bedside manners.
Speaker 3: Zero.
Speaker 4: She rudely admonished someone.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that have been a lawsuit to talk to someone that way?
Speaker 4: And I don't know if you're allowed to sue. I'm sure that any logic person would have complained, And I mean it was It was upsetting to watch. I know that that's the reaction Bill wanted from the audience, and it worked, but it also felt like whoa Like what a fucking bitch?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Who is say that?
Speaker 5: As how she's going to be redeemable at the end of the episode, because I was like, I don't like, obviously, Denise is a fun character and we enjoy.
Speaker 1: Her as a show goes on, but like Eliza.
Speaker 5: Cooper, yeah, at the end of this year, like I really don't want to see this woman again.
Speaker 3: That's so mean.
Speaker 5: This one's losing her husband.
Speaker 3: But that was that actually turned into her character trait that lasted all the way up until season nine. I don't think she's that way in season nine, but for all of season eight.
Speaker 4: But this was like, this was like so, I granted, I understand that Bill is setting her up to have an arc of redemption and everything, so you got to start off at like a really low point to give her an arc. But I was more shocked than JD was. I was like, who would ever telling a patient to turn someone off life support like that? It just felt like, I don't know, bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it happened, it was like that's not realistic. Thought automatically, I was like.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's like it's like, yeah, to me, it felt like one step too far, like yeah, make her make her cold, but she was like mean, yeah, yeah, So the janitor pushes in Oscar the groud.
Speaker 3: Wait wish it right. Let's start having We're going back to the beginning.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool Janitor pushes in Oscar the Grouche, which begins the the the sort of template, if you will, that that the Sesame Street characters are going to be worked into JD's fantasies in this particular episode. And j D says, I grew up on the street, not the hood, the Sesame He.
Speaker 3: Goes, no, not the hood.
Speaker 4: How about how I walk into the how about I walk into the breakroom and I'm like, oh, is he's here? I wanted to watch? And then I see that you're watching Sesame Street. I'm like, oh, yes, like that's what JD plans to watch. And then Turk goes, it's a good one. The letter's J No a curly or a letter J.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna be honest with you. So when I was on Sesame Street, I actually did watch Sesame Street. I don't know why, but Sesame Street worked for a really long time. Maybe it was the music. Maybe I want to say it was the music, and also the comedy of the Muppets. If you watch the Muppets, or if you watch Sesame Street as a parent and have to sit with your child. The jokes that they do on the show fly over the kid's head and hit you right in the face, you know what I mean. And it's so good and it's and it's so clever, and I wish, you know, there's some footage out there, but I wish you could see what it would like working on the set with characters from these shows being on Sesame Street, just in between takes, when the actors were waiting for you know, whatever it was for sound to catch up, or for the lighting, the lights to be shifted, whatever it was. The entertainment was the puppet, the puppeteers and the puppets, and they would make you laugh so hard and would never break character until they left from under you know, until the curtain was pulled back and they left from under it. And that used to be so much fun to be a part. So when we did this and everyone got to experience that, it was really cool. And it was also good to see Carol, who's recently who passed away a few years ago. But Carol played Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird, and a lot of the stuff that I did on Sesame Street was with him, and so it was great to see him.
Speaker 4: I agree with what you said, Donald, It was so fun to watch these amazing puppeteers. And they they stay in character as the puppet once once and even when like yeah, but in between takes, they just keep chatting away in the voice and the style of the character, and you kind of forget sometimes you're just sitting there, like during downtime and just like having a conversation with Grover, like, wait a second, I'm talking about puppet.
Speaker 3: But that's what happens, man, It's so amazing. It's so amazing. And we had Grover on the show. We had Oscar and we had Grover, and.
Speaker 4: We had Elmo, and we had and I don't know who the oh the woman, well the woman, the puppet, the puppet that has the hand inside her.
Speaker 5: I don't I think she was just a Their name is x ray, which I thought was hilarious. I had to look it up because I didn't know them up either, But it's x ex space ray R A y amazing funny.
Speaker 4: That's that's a really funny joke. I'm so Jad mentions Neil and Garrett, who who are two who are two interns that are always inviting him to go rollerblading.
Speaker 3: And one of them is Kip Kroger. Yeah, I don't know if you guys know this. Kip Kroger started off, You guys definitely don't notice. He started off in the editing department in Scrubs.
Speaker 4: As like a PA. Now one of Bill's main producers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, freak. He jumps up on stage at the freaking Golden Globes with everybody and at the end, yeah you see his head, his bald ass had and this he freaking uh lair for last.
Speaker 4: For last and tricking. He's he's Bill's company. He's like one of the top producers that a douser, and he started with with Bill when he was a PA. And now but anyway, this is his cameo. He plays one of the roller blading maybe gay.
Speaker 3: Interns, maybe gay interns, maybe.
Speaker 4: Get that's you what they're called, the maybe gay interns.
Speaker 5: His name is Neil and his writing partner right because one of them was Neil.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Part of it, sorry, there's a second part of it in that there was a writing duo who wrote some of our best episodes and they were Neil and Garrett and.
Speaker 3: Going on to do I mean, Neil is going on to do.
Speaker 4: Neil is one of the head writers of Shrinking with Bill and I was on the picket line with him. Neil Goldman, very very funny man. I think he occasionally listens to the podcast, do you think so? Yeah, he talks.
Speaker 3: He's gonna love that shout out you just gave him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Neil, you are so funny and talented, and Shrinking is very funny, and a lot of it is due to your genius brain.
Speaker 3: Neil. I've been saying this to you for a really long time. If the script stars, if our stars ever collide, I would love to make a show with you. Bro.
Speaker 4: He's already taken. He's the head writer of.
Speaker 3: Shut the fuck Up. I'm shooting my shot. Let shoot my shot, well shot.
Speaker 4: The scripts for Shrinking have been written already, Donald. So you're not going to be in season two?
Speaker 3: Why not? Why you saying ain't no black people and Shrinking too, ain't no guests black people?
Speaker 4: People who are the stars of the show. You should watch it. It's good tell you telling me.
Speaker 3: You're telling me, you're telling me that there ain't gonna be nobody else coming in.
Speaker 4: Do you know which one of your scrubs cast members did a cameo on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, who Bob clandessin.
Speaker 4: First of all, it's Bob clintnnon and no, Neil Flynn does it. Neil Flynn plays one of Harrison Ford's patients.
Speaker 3: And oh I saw that. Yeah, I did see that.
Speaker 4: All right, We're gonna take a break because I have to pee. Donald thinks that a urologist is only in charge of the shaft. Yeah, he thinks it's a different doctor when it switches to the.
Speaker 3: Balls and the tip and the tip.
Speaker 4: Oh between you think between balls and tip is is eurologists and the tip has its own specialty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the tip doctor, the shaft doctor, and the balls doctor.
Speaker 4: Listen, if you ever have to get a camera put there, if you make sure he numbs more than just the tim because I can tell you it was horrible. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: And we're back.
Speaker 1: Zach and Donald newlyweds in house arrest.
Speaker 4: I love that guy. So it says Elliott and jd are dating again? Is I lost track? Are they dating again?
Speaker 3: Not in this episode? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, because to me the first episode they were back together at the top of the season briefly, remember you all started dating for a little bit and then get that whole right.
Speaker 3: No, No, they just was saying they were going to hang out. They were going to hang out more.
Speaker 4: I know. But there's a line in this episode where someone we or someone says Elliott and JD are dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was confused. It's hard to keep track, especially when they're out of order. All right, And now now a Zesu's character, Ed says syphilis, syphilis when.
Speaker 3: He does the turntable spin.
Speaker 4: He used to be a DJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he does a simplest simpling and then does the spin, simple and simplest. That ship was fucking dude.
Speaker 4: See I wasn't high, so I was kind of like not getting it. But it was meant for stoners. I think.
Speaker 3: You don't think of Jesus comedy is meant for stoners.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying the exact thing I'm saying. I thought these Ed slashes, these jokes were very stonery.
Speaker 3: And man, come on, you ever see a DJ doist thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen a DJ do their thing right.
Speaker 3: It's like this, fuck your sepuck yourself right, But you ever see them try to throw flares? In there. He threw the flare and with the spin simplest, simplest, simplest simple, and then he did the spin around and everything. That was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Dude, all right, little beat juggle, A beat juggle. Daniel knows the lingo because he's a DJ.
Speaker 1: I have to DJ Danel that simply must.
Speaker 4: What are your twitch in these days? Daniel? Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, by the time that this comes out, I'll be twiching the new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when is that cut?
Speaker 3: When does it drop?
Speaker 1: It comes out Friday, May twelfth, but it releases nine pm on Thursday, May eleventh, which is today. Oh shoot, when.
Speaker 3: We're recording mine, Rocco's about to lose his.
Speaker 4: Are you playing the Star Wars game? Donald?
Speaker 3: Hell? Yeah, I'm playing jediur.
Speaker 4: You said you weren't going to play, and then I saw Billboard and I brought it up to you and you're like, I'm not playing. And then my nephew, who's a video game slash Star Wars fanatics, said it's off the hook, and I said, Donald, apparently the game is off the hook, and now you love it.
Speaker 3: No, So what happened was in between the time and that I had said that, and now I had started playing Jedi Fallen Order.
Speaker 4: You hadn't been the first game.
Speaker 3: I hadn't played the first game, and so you know, Jedi Fallen Order is a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: It's real good.
Speaker 3: It's actually really good. The one thing that I disagree with with all of it is is that you're blocking should be able to last for really long. It shouldn't be something that's depleted. And so if you've got it on slide, yeah, yeah, but if somebody's attacking you with like major combos and stuff like that, as these characters, as the bosses do in the game, you know, it's tough. Tough. Yeah, it gets between blocking and dodging. It makes it really Difficult's.
Speaker 4: Grid to the show because no one cares about this except video game You good the one that brought it up. Please don't call me fu face. And I just want to say that I think with the video game talk, everyone likes it, doesn't mind a little sprinkle like salt Bay. But then when y'all go deep.
Speaker 3: Doesn't put a little salt on that motherfucker salt a fistful of salt.
Speaker 4: Listen. The way I feel about video games with our audience is that there's definitely a percentage that loved the chat. But we got to just do a sprinkle sprinkle of Salt Bay get out. Well, look and all five of them are going to come say hi to me.
Speaker 3: Let's get this ship out the way. We didn't talk about the Mandalorian yet, whole seasons off the series.
Speaker 4: I couldn't watch it out. I couldn't watch it. And Or ruined everything.
Speaker 3: For me, and Or ruined a lot for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: I got to say, and Or was like, oh, it's like that, and then I went back and I tried, and it wasn't for me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I disagree with you wholeheartedly, Joelle.
Speaker 4: Do you disagree with me? You're another Star Wars megafan.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree with you that and Or has set a new bar.
Speaker 3: Certainly, thank you for Star Wars. I was different.
Speaker 5: But I do think that the Mandalorian is a very man If you watch The Mandalorian like you would watch say Gun Smoke Children, that is an old Western show that was meant to go on forever. The story didn't really connect to much else. It was just like, here are these characters. They don't grow Revolve. They face similar challenges every episode. But you love that ship because it's a Western get into it. That's Mandalorian, and that has made it more enjoyable for me to watch.
Speaker 3: But once you geta once you get passed. Once you get past that, and Or is a special type of Star Wars and that, uh, it could alms. It could almost be construed as else World's you know what I mean, because of there's cursing, there's a bunch of things in it. Anyway, once you get past all of that, Star Wars is still enjoyable. It will always be enjoyable from from for kids, from kids to adults. I just always be able to find.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's not quality, and there's tons of talent, obviously, I'm just saying it just felt way more aimed at children to me after consuming and Or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's fine to say. I'll agree with that.
Speaker 4: I don't have any of them kids style. My dog Billy doesn't want to watch.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you need to put it on that. Billy like that ship, all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll give it. You guys are so passionate. I'll give it another chance. When Joe says, I like banging dudes. JD says, I've heard that's nice. He's heard, he's heard through the grapevine that that's a nice thing. Chicks dig the extra fuzz regarding his beard, which is we now know meant to be a new thing, this glorious beard. And Grover appears and says, tell me about it, and uh.
Speaker 3: And it's four paws, four hands up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he says that's only two percent of your body. And then what happens. Grover gets oh oh, then he asks for a hive four, a high four and todd high foursm across the ICU.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a play on This is a play on Grover doing Hey Froggy Baby and running up on Kermit the frog and hitting him in the back and Kermit falling off the wall. Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: No, what's that from?
Speaker 3: It's also a play on Super grow Over where Grover would fly and always crash land. So back in the day, in early sesame street days, there were there was Kermit and Grover always had like a segment together and it always would start off with Kermit sitting on the wall and Grover would come running from behind, Hey Froggy Baby and run and smack Kermit in the back, and Kermit would fall off the wall and they'd have to climb back up right. So it's a part of a play on that, and it's part of the play on super Grover, who later on in light they created this character super Grover who wore a freaking spartan helmet.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: You don't remember super Grover with the gold helmet, and the helmet would fall over his eyes sometimes. Anyway, so they create the stick.
Speaker 4: He's my favorite. Grover is my favorite.
Speaker 3: And when he would land, he could never land on his feet. He would always crash, like the greatest American hero. So that's funny. And so that was a play on both of the things, one from his long run and then him crashing from.
Speaker 4: The Remember Grover's book the monster at the end of the book where the story.
Speaker 3: No, you remember that kid's book where here's the monster at the end of the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like, it's a great kids book. He's like, he's like so afraid that there's a monster at the end of the book. He's like, stop turning the pages, are you crazy? There's a monster at the end of this book. And obviously the kids laughing and turning the pages, and he's like, are you out of your mind? I'm telling you, Nasa, it's really cute.
Speaker 1: That's really cute.
Speaker 3: Well, and then yeah, go ahead. At the end of the book, the Monster's Grover.
Speaker 4: Spoilers, donal spoilers. Okay, so is He's first Pooh in the potty? We all have flip phones, which is which is just funny to see. But uh, Turk gets a text of Isy's first Pooh in the potty and he hands it to j D, and j D says, I can't take my eyes off of it. It's gorgeous, and he accidentally hit sends, which is confusing because who is on this text chain? Because when he hit the whole hospital, the whole hospital gets this Pooh. The janitor sees it and he says they're back, yeah, meaning the he thinks that is he's poo is an invading species.
Speaker 3: I guess so it looks like.
Speaker 4: And Ed says my new screensaver.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay. So Elliott has a great story about someone named Gina who gets watched taking a whiz through a hole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, do.
Speaker 3: You remember the movie Porky's Back in the Day, saw Porky. You can never. Yeah, it could never. It could never come out now, but no.
Speaker 4: I know, but I remember, I remember, like I was too young at the time, and then I just never got around to it.
Speaker 3: So this it's a movie. There's three of them. It's a movie about a bunch of kids who want to go party at the adult bar across the river, Porky's, but along the way. The most famous part of the movie is them looking through being freaking a bunch of peeping toms and checking out girls in the shower at school through a peephole, right, So that was the poster. It was their eye.
Speaker 4: Crazy, it's crazy. That was the poster.
Speaker 3: That was the poster. Yeah, their eye looking through the hole, right. So that's where all the nudity comes in. But at the end of the day they go to so they go to Porky's and it doesn't go well for them. As a matter of fact, Porky comes out and fucks up their car and all of this stuff and then sends them on their way. The cops are involved with it, and they plan their revenge on Porky and that's the that's.
Speaker 4: The of these three of them. Are there any known now actors whose names we know they're in them.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a couple of them. Some of them are in like movies like The Wanderers, and like there's a bunch of people. You know.
Speaker 4: It's Porky's has escaped me. But I think I'll skip it. I think I'll skip it, all right, what else, Donald, we spoke about the hand that's inside of you joke. So again, mister Fremont is my patient that is dying of cancer. He has an eight year old son. Jad gets the scans back and it does not look good at all, and and he thinks that this is going to be a lesson for Denise slash Joe, to teach her about bedside manner, to teach her about giving bad news. And that turns out not to be the case at all, because she is very rude and disrespectful, disrespectful to this woman's telling her that she needs to take her husband off life support.
Speaker 3: Immediately because she's going to wind up doing it anyway.
Speaker 4: Yes, and so that's meant to Meanwhile, JD has tears in his eyes because he's just such an empathetic, loving doctor with the giant, giant heart.
Speaker 3: Well, all of all the three of you guys have dilemmas. So Elliott is trying to get Katie into Turk's intern program.
Speaker 4: It's certainly I think you're writing, you're writing a paper or something, and she's trying to help. She's trying to help her be the one chosen to help you.
Speaker 3: And then, uh, Cox can't figure out why he hates Ed so much.
Speaker 4: Somebody Ed makes it obvious he's not a very likable guy.
Speaker 3: No, well, you know, he's joking and stuff like that. But all of that's acceptable if you're a good doctor, you know what I mean. Like JD was clingy. J D was always trying to get a hug out of But you don't think that's annoying.
Speaker 4: I think I think Ed as an audience member, I'm going this guy's annoying. I mean, at rounds he's listening to the Da Vinci Code Book on tape.
Speaker 3: Oh it was that guy.
Speaker 4: All right, Look, it was that guy. Some people love it, some people don't. I don't know. I I guess I felt annoyed by him. I was like, he's not taking this seriously at all. This is such a huge opportunity and he just seems so you know, checked out like, aren't you excited to be a doctor. You're finally you're finally in a hospital working, and he's just so vacant absent.
Speaker 3: Well, it turns out that's that's his character flaw. That's his At the end of the episode, we learned each intern's character flaw. You know. Uh, Denise's is when you know, straight up, when somebody tells you who they are, you need to believe that shit right away. And she told you straight up who she was, and you try and I mean she told JD straight up who she was, and JD tried to fix it and it's all for not at the and when it all comes down to it. Uh, same thing with Cox. Cox finds out that Ed is lazy, and Ed's question is, well, you know, am I doing a bad job? And Cox is like, you're better than most, but you nailed it. He wasn't there, He's not there for Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I think Cox sees like, hey, you're you're actually a really smart guy. Why aren't you showing up? What the fuck is this? You're like half You're like half here. You got to be present and you have talent, you have skill. Why aren't you Why aren't why are you phoning it in? You just started?
Speaker 3: And he's like, well, is me phoning it in? Is it a bad am? I doing a bad job? I mean that sucks. I mean that that that's that's one a gift and it's a curse. You know, if you get easy for him, Yeah, if everything is easy, you're never going to get the same satisfactory that you that you're searching for. If I remember kids, is too easy.
Speaker 4: I remember kids at Northwestern that would party like crazy, and they were pre med and they would drink like ship faced every night and they were just getting fucking straight a's and meds in pre med. They're just it was it was easy for them.
Speaker 3: It comes to that. It's you know, look at acting for look at acting for us, you know what I mean, look at look at directing and writing for you know, it might be difficult for you, but it looks easy to you make it what it looks easy. You make it look easy to everyone else.
Speaker 4: None of it's easy for me. Maybe it's easy for you. I'm not. I don't think in regards to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think any of this ship is easy. I don't think any of it is easy. But I'm saying, dude, you've been working for a very long time. You've been lucky enough to have a job for a very long time. There are people that look at that and think of it as it's something that come came naturally to you. They don't. There aren't a lot of people, you know, there are. I'm sure there are a lot of people that are like, oh, he worked really hard for it. But for the most part, the world America believes acting is an easy job that anyone can do, you know what I mean. But it's only because the greats make it look easy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm just trying to follow your train of thought with regards to Ed, because.
Speaker 3: So Ed is one of those cats who, you know, I'm sure he had to do some type of study and to get to the level that he's at right now. So he did. He definitely studied and he retained a lot. But now he's on the he's on the other side of it where he's like, well, I know what I got to do to succeed. I know what has to be done to be successful in this career. It's show up, do my job, and that's it. I don't need to go the extra mile.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see it with any of these interns evolve. Because I don't honestly remember what there are.
Speaker 3: I can tell you everything that happens, well.
Speaker 4: I don't even remember, but don't spoil it for me, because I'm gonna watch it fresh because I have no memory of the season. It's very and I'm not even in season nine barely, So I'm really gonna.
Speaker 3: If you're like in half a season nine, shut the fuck up and half of it.
Speaker 4: I never watched a single episode of season nine. I will be genuinely watching that for the first time, Zach.
Speaker 3: I've only watched like five episodes of Scrubs until this.
Speaker 4: No, but nine is gonna be surreal for me because I, at least these I vaguely. Of course, I remember big moments. I remember the obviously, I remember Sesame Street characters being there, but I don't remember so much of it. Which is this particularly surreal exercise for you and I because we we we we are these characters, but this many years later, we get to watch back and and see ourselves doing things we barely remember.
Speaker 3: You know, I yeah, it's it's you know, maybe because we had this break and I went away and I did something else that this is the crazy thing. Okay, so we had this break, I went away and did something else in a couple of years. I'm not going to remember that I did that unless the show's the success.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might be a big hit and you'll still on it.
Speaker 3: That'd be from your mouth. That'd be a wonderful thing. Right.
Speaker 4: Did you enjoy doing it?
Speaker 3: I had a great time. I had such a great time working with John Cryer, Abigail Spencer, michael'malley. So when you're doing it, Clark came in.
Speaker 4: When you're doing it, yeah, you're you're having a blast. Did you have a live audience because it's a traditional sitcom and from an audience, right, yes, we had.
Speaker 3: A live audience. It was a you know, it's it's really interesting because I did a show before where we had a live audience, and with a live audience, that would be the day that you turn up, you know what I mean. If you were at A five on Monday when the show's when the showtime, in front of a live audience on Friday, you're out of twenty five, you know, I mean twenty five out of ten. And this one they were like don't lean into the audience. The audience is there to be the you know, to help with the timing and to help with the you know, to help move the story along.
Speaker 4: But don't don't milk it.
Speaker 3: Don't try and get laughs just to try, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like that, I would be so bad at that, seem such.
Speaker 3: Because I'm such a laugh whore. Well you're such a laugh whore.
Speaker 4: You're a clown, and I'm a clown. And when you have all those people laughing at shit you're doing, it's hard not to lean into it.
Speaker 3: It's really hard.
Speaker 4: It's I remember remember doing your show the Exes and in between Donald's and the audience like singing, dancing, like yeah, man, Donald Donald's putting on a whole show in the audience. Did you do that this time?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I never went into the audience, but I definitely talked to the audience quite a bit. Right.
Speaker 4: They must have loved that.
Speaker 3: They did. They do. It's interaction, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So you had what you're saying is is an actor got direction to be like, hey, this in this show, just don't.
Speaker 3: Don't play for the laugh, you know what I mean. Don't play for the audience's laugh. The joke is fun, you know, it's like scrubs. We didn't play in for the audience laugh because there was no there was no studio audience there to laugh at our jokes.
Speaker 4: We would try, we try to make each other laugh, and we tried the crew laugh.
Speaker 3: Right, but they couldn't laugh during the take. That would be that would suck up the take, right, So you try to. So you do that in rehearsal, and then when you're shooting it, it all of a sudden became grounded, you know. And so in doing this show, and uh, they were like, listen, let's try and keep this grounded. When we did the exes that we went.
Speaker 4: Off the rail, off the rail. That was a much that was a much broader comedy right way broad I remember being on what I remember being on what's his Name's back? What's his name?
Speaker 3: David Allen Base.
Speaker 4: David Allen Base, he's very funny. I remember being on his back, supposedly giving him a massage, just milking the fuck out of it.
Speaker 3: It was milking it, milking the moment, milking the moment.
Speaker 4: They must they have to cut the audience down because otherwise the show will be an hour long because the audience is laughing so fucking hard.
Speaker 3: Well, you know who did it the best was Married with Children? Married with the audience was a part of the show. Was married with children, you know what I mean? Like they would you would kiss on married with children and the audience?
Speaker 4: Don't they do that on ever? Reason? Come? They?
Speaker 3: Oh? It was just well, like if they're doing it on your sitcom.
Speaker 4: You're doing something wrong. Yeah. If then you kiss, the audience goes, oh right, or it might not be on the right show.
Speaker 3: Right. You got to earn that. You got to earn that. Like when it happened on Friends, it was earned. It took time.
Speaker 4: Oh did they do it on Friends? Oh?
Speaker 3: Everybody and their mama went nuts when Ross and Rachel kiss for the first time. The freaking if there was a studio audience that remember that, didn't.
Speaker 5: It sounds like the sanding of like it's very loud. Really yeah, for sure?
Speaker 4: Uh, because they'd edge the audience for so many years.
Speaker 3: Imagine you're shitting, Imagine you're sitting at home, right, sounds that sounds like a standing ovation. They got to.
Speaker 4: It's a standing ovation. That's so funny. That's so funny. People are invested.
Speaker 3: We all were.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, I didn't watch it. I didn't watch it.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch frends either. But I've seen it, and I want to watch it.
Speaker 4: I want to watch.
Speaker 3: Watched it so much that it's look, I don't I don't watch Succession, Succession. I don't watch any of these shows.
Speaker 4: You watch anything if it doesn't say Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Pretty much or some type of super you watch.
Speaker 4: You watch a bachelorette, Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I just got into. Oh my god, Vander Palmer Dance Moms Dance.
Speaker 4: Because your little girl wants to dance. Your wife's gonna become a dance mom.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. That show is the funniest ship. It is a wild life. Look. First of all, First of all, these kids are all grown now, so I can talk shit on the parents and stuff. But holy well, I don't know if it well, yeah, I guess it is. I mean. The lady who was the star of the show was in jail for a bit. She just got financial troubles.
Speaker 5: She stopped paying studios like dance studios where she was practicing and holding events, and that got.
Speaker 3: Up to it. She listened man at first when I first watched the show, I was like, man, who does this woman think she is talking to these mothers like that? But then as you watch the show, you realize, oh, she knows what she's talking about, and these mothers, yeah, these mothers are crazy. And then when that switch happens, When that switch happens, the show becomes the best show on the planet. Like it's like they find reasons just to like, they'll win, They'll win first place. I've never seen anything like this before in my life except for one time. And I don't want it. It's a long story, but don't tell I'm gonna tell it anyway. They'll they'll win, They'll win first place, and then start arguing about how they won first place, like you just won this ship, you won the whole thing. And they're like, but you know, next time, I think Missy needs to dance solos in the motherfucker. You know, they go in. I played basketball with this kid. We won a game. We won a game. He scored twenty five points, had nine rebounds. We're all in the locker room, right, We're all in the locker room after cheering and going around and circle, like you know, it's the playoffs. We're talking about what needs to be done for the next game. This motherfucker says, next game, y'all need to pass me the ball more Oh shit, And we were like, what you'd had twenty something points in nine read like you did your thing. That's what you want to say to all of us, Pat, give you the ball more granted? Yeah, sure, dude, whatever, Dude, you got it. You you got the neck. But that's what you want to say. And that's what it feels like when you watch Dance Moms. It doesn't matter if you want to lose. There's a complaint behind it. And I think that's great teller.
Speaker 4: I think Zach. I think Zach and Donald's this new show should be a rewatch of Dance Moms.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, please please, please please.
Speaker 4: All were take a quick break and when we come back, we will finish the show. We love you. Let's hear what this button does.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes little as you know, and we're bad.
Speaker 3: Speaking of being back Chico artist, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would put her out of a job. She hasn't been producing.
Speaker 3: In a while, been putting a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh really, she's not tagging me, Come on, cheek, artists. I need to see that ship on my Insta tags. What she what she do?
Speaker 3: She she's just putting like a bunch of behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Now she's doing shorts. Now she's doing short.
Speaker 3: But you know what, you know what her famous one, one of her favorite ones is what to do is whether it be a poop?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a finger?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love cheeko artists. She's so funny. All right, let's finish up the show for the audience, guys. So none of these interns are really that that that nice because we find out that not only is Denise so cold, but she's playing.
Speaker 3: She's playing.
Speaker 4: Katie is playing Elliott. Turns out that Katie used Elliott to get Turk to pick her to use her for the research paper. Yeah, and we find that out because we learned that Katie was the very first person to say meanwhile, she told Elliott, I don't have the courage to sign up. And we know that Ed signed up solely because he had one of those pens that you can click down three different colors and he wanted to use it.
Speaker 3: And that's why Turk wanted to pick them.
Speaker 4: And picked him because he thought that was cool too.
Speaker 3: So this is so these are this is something else. There's an undertone in here that's very misogynistic as far as the way Turk uh. The reason why Turk doesn't pick Katie is because you know, the surgical department is the surgery department is a boys club. The reason why uh uh? At least this is what I got. I thought that, and then it changed up, and then it changed up on me. But I thought that the reason why j D was chose a girl was because he could find someone who would be more in touch with their feelings than a boy would. And I thought, that's why JD chose a girl, which is a little massage andistic also you know what I mean in some way, just to assume that that would be the way. And so the great lesson in the episode was don't judge a book by its cover, because he chooses Denise, and Denise turns out to be completely opposite.
Speaker 4: A sociopath.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what she is.
Speaker 4: She has no conscience, no emotions, she's cold as ice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And Elliot chooses her intern because she looks like her yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And Elliot's always dying for female friends. So she's like, she's like, you know, the vibe is like, oh, I'm also going to have a cute new buddy.
Speaker 3: I just thought that was very interesting. I thought that And at the end of it nothing gets resolved either. That was also something that I thought was, you know, really usually at the end of every episode, you know, at the end of the day, you know.
Speaker 4: Right, But I think this again, this was meant to be the premiere of season eight, so it's setting up the you know, these main lead interns who are going to be the interns for the season, thought.
Speaker 3: Dot dot, you know, right, And then Elliot, you really don't like the interns at the end of this episode.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't like any of them.
Speaker 3: They're a bunch of little shits. And and I get that that's supposed to be like, you know, hindsight being twenty twenty, so were j D. Elliott and Turk when they were interns and stuff like that, But we like but the story, Yeah, but the story is told so different. You know, they're they're they're they're uh.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see what you're saying. I think I get what you're saying. You're saying, we're now seeing it from a different perspective. We're seeing it from the doctor's perspective. When when when Scrubs audiences first met our characters in one on one, they were seeing it from the interns perspective. Perhaps Bill specifically made them annoyings because we're experiencing them from the now jaded doctor's perspective. I don't know, well, I did get goosebumps in the end as Josh Raden sings the Sesame Street song and JD says, always play nice, always try your hardest, and it's okay to cry.
Speaker 5: This is such a classic Bill episode, like, oh my God, like I didn't check to see he wrote and directed it first, so whoever wrote this is a genius. But all the set up was so great and it gets like the heart of Bill Lawrence, which is always like past your torch of knowledge, because I feel like the through line of all of his work is about like, how do you pass like love and knowledge down to the next generation and what does that trouble look like?
Speaker 3: This the number one lesson, Joah tells Luke Skywalker before he passes away, pass on what you've learned. That is why we are here.
Speaker 5: Gospel m m.
Speaker 4: Mm feeling well, I miss you guys, an audience, We are back. We are going to be doing this now because our town is on strike, so we certainly don't well, we'll not have jobs for the foreseeable future. What are some announcements. If you're going to be in the Seattle area on June tenth, please buy a ticket. You get them on ticket Master by putting in fake doctors, it'll come up. There's a few seats left, and hopefully if that goes well and we don't totally embarrass ourselves, we'll do more of them. Thank you all. I just want to say about a good Person. Thank you all for who've watched so far and for all the love. I really really really appreciate you. You can rent it on iTunes or Amazon or any place you rent movies. And two important dates that are coming up May sixteenth, which is when is this episode air? Joel, this is air?
Speaker 5: Stay May sixteenth.
Speaker 4: Oh well, guys, guess what today you can buy? You can officially buy a Good Person if you want to own it on iTunes or Amazon or any place you buy movies. And then the next important date is May thirtieth, when the rental price will come down to whatever the low normal rental price is. I realized the rental price is still high. It goes without saying I don't control any of this, but I just want everyone to know the dates. May sixteen so you can own it, which is today, and May thirtieth is not only a rental ble day where the rent officially drops to the lower probably five dollars price, I'm not sure what it is. Also on May thirtieth, if you're someone who likes to buy physical discs, that's when they officially go on sale. The blu ray of a good person, so those are a good person.
Speaker 3: There's another date that we didn't talk about. We did talk about it, but it doesn't have to do with a good person. But on June tenth, I don't want you all to forget we're going to be in Seattle. Y'all need to come out and see us. Yeah, we got you the tickets left. There's only a few left.
Speaker 4: Talking about that, you know, and you know about it in the beginning.
Speaker 3: We talked about it in the beginning. I'm just reiterating everyone they were.
Speaker 4: Did you do a bong hit? Did you do a bong hit? Below the screens because within these end announcements I mentioned probably less than two minutes ago yes, literally, guys, weed not even once.
Speaker 3: Listen, guys, yeah, if you want everything to always be like brand new, like you just like yo, live like Memento.
Speaker 4: We don't know that a good advertisement. Would you like to live like the movie in the Mento? That's how Donald loves all right? Five fucking five fucking six seven are here's some stories I'm.
Speaker 6: Not sure we made about a bunch of talks and nurses and.
Speaker 3: He said he's a story net.
Speaker 6: No, soa around you here, hobby yead around you here, hobbit.
Speaker 1: Suppose we watch rubies and no, mm hmmm