Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season to eighty seven, episode three of Day I Guys Day.
Speaker 2: Production of My Heart Radio. This is a podcast.
Speaker 1: Where we take it deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, May seventeenth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yes, Big Day, National Idaho Day. Also for all the all y'all with the high blood pressure, especially hey black of brown people. Blood pressure is no fucking joke. The Silent Killers World Hypertension Day. Please check your blood pressure because man, I've had to recently be aware of mine. It's also National pack Rat Day. Shout out the pack rat, Shout out the cherry Cobblers because it's your day. And also National.
Speaker 1: Wall that Day pack Rat Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and Graduation Tassel Day.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that.
Speaker 2: Has its own day, but must be from Big Tassel.
Speaker 1: Just the Tassels is who we're honoring today.
Speaker 4: You have your Tassel?
Speaker 2: You did you?
Speaker 1: Did you save any of your grand the afternoon after I graduated? Yeah, I don't think I hung onto that. I didn't. I don't think I until you just said that that that was something people did.
Speaker 2: Well. You always see people, I mean, people who like are sentimental about that kind of shit.
Speaker 1: You don't not like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: For me, I'm like, just get rid of all the evidence that that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still wear hat graduation hats just as a fashion statement. I think it's a cool look. But anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka. I can ride my bike with no handle bars, no handle bars, no handlebar. I didn't change this part because it's the fact about me, not to brag it just when I ride my bike. I can ride my bike with no handle bars, no handle bars, no handle bars. Yes, it's me, jacko b ak. Mister never played no d my thighs or take a true trunks and Miles has a pair just like me that is crazy. A fighter of the night man on the discord. Uh. Yeah, shout out to being able to ride your bike with no handlebars. Shout out to my friend who gave me the and one nickname ob one play no d yit always always appreciated. Shot out like Jordan Pool Uh, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Brush.
Speaker 2: It's Miles Gray AKA.
Speaker 5: All I want to do is ride around Lambele's though I can afford the pukah shells on my neck like it's the early as Kid. I has winter through someone because the hairlines lost me.
Speaker 2: When I'm ordering fries, I do like them, soggy. Shout out to at right to post, because you know what, I love Clips. I love the Clips and I love the second album. Folks, hell hath no fury?
Speaker 1: Very underrated?
Speaker 2: He has no fury. Folks definitely does not. But yeah, shout out to you for that deep cut man.
Speaker 1: That's a real that's a real Clips fan right there, featuring ab Liva. Mine was by Flobots. The song is called Handlebars and I had never heard it before, but get shot. Yeah, are you similiar? Is that?
Speaker 2: Wait? Flowbots is the band that did that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so it's called hands. Oh I thought you said like the AKA was submitted by like someone. Yeah yeah, no, it was submitted by Fighter of the Nightman. Oh right, okay, Classescord AKA submitter submiss. Uh. Well, we are thrilled to be joined oh yeah by a very funny podcast host, a talented rapper, my first co hosts of all time in the podcast space.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite writers actors made some of the great videos at Cracked. I'm thrilled that he and Abe yesterday's guest our team year to make a new film called Papa Bear that you can find out about and contribute to. We will talk about that and link off to it in the footnotes. Please welcome back to the show. They're brilliant, the talented Michael Sweat Sweat Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Would swallow my pride. I would chock him the rands, but the lack thereof would leave me empty inside. I would swallow my doubt, turn it inside you. I don't find nothing but faith in nothing. Want to put my tender hard in a blender's just been around.
Speaker 1: Too beautiful Oblivion rendezvous.
Speaker 4: Then I'm through with my eagles swaying. Its hard to fit on the birth certificate.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, yeah, but you did. But it is what you're also known as.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I love that because you guys are on top of Twitter, so I'm sure you know and are like. The wider Cracked diaspora has kind of gotten. I think Cody like, I think they're aware of Cody and talking them about. But Eve six's official Twitter handle damn spit mad Ship and they're really good at it, like they Yeah, donks a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always like fun. I remember like when it was, especially during the Trump administration. I was like, wait, dude, the eve at Eve six.
Speaker 1: I think it happened live on the show. We were like, wait, Eve six, that can't be, like I believe damn it. Yeah, Flames, Michael, how how are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing so so well and not in the fake podcast way really bad, then really good. I didn't even intend to talk about this, but I'll plug a thing because it came out Monday. I do a series called Tales from the Pit, where I usually interview people about mental health challenges. We flipped It and Sore and Bowie, our dear friend Sore and Bowie, hosted and interviewed me about I recently went through what's called an intensive outpatient program, which used to be called the Looney Bit, and learned a bunch of new skills that now I think like there is a honeymoon period and I have reasonable expectations, but I'm still in the glow of like I feel like a mind jedi, Like life is just a state of mind, and I'm great. Ever since I went to to this program. I'm great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's great to hear. Man, that's awesome. Yeah, iop I did one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know me, Yeah, oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: One of those. Yeah, back when I was stopping drinking. Oh yeah yeah, And it was it was very beneficial. I took two weeks off from Cracked, and yeah it was. It was hard to make that initial commitment, but it was. Yeah. I learned a lot of life skills and one of the best things I ever did for myself, and.
Speaker 4: They actually worked. I went in really skeptical, like, my pain is so deep and unique, it won't work on me. Yes, and other guys were like, no, it will if you give it the time. I'm at the end of the process. It totally worked. And I thought it wouldn't work. And now I'm the guy at the end going you'd think it wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: But right, get some other skeptical young in aka could be somebody in their like fifties but coming in all skeptical and ship. Yeah. Anyways, awesome man, We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about We're going to talk about some GOP investigations that I guess they've maybe been looking looking forward to on on Fox. I was not aware of them, but they're actually starting to bear fruit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, baby, I mean we're fucked, and by where I mean the Joe Brandon crime syndicate is fucked.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't see this story until just now, so I'm excited to see what they thought, what they've dug up for us. And then Rudy Giuliani is she's being sued for sexual assault, and just all sorts of grewsome details, but also you know, enlightening details about how he was thinking about his role within the Trump administration, such as admitting to selling pardons for two million dollars on tape. On Wax, we'll talk about Paris, which is as recently as like a decade ago, not a very bike friendly city, even though you know, people riding a bike with a baguette in a bag is one of the international symbol of Paris. But yeah, it was actually a very polluted, a car choked city fairly recently and is now doing great. They've cut their emissions by twenty percent. They've made their city way more livable one of those one of those happy stories that I like to check in with her. I want that, I want that. How do I get to there?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: But before we get to any of it, Michael, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I had to dig back a little bit, but I discovered something, and then I scared myself by going what was that and reclicking it. It's the words our Prisoner fall Out. And there's this old sixties show that only ran for one season and was beloved in that time, like how some people loved Firefly as it was, you know, dying called the Prisoner. I mainly knew it from Simpson's references, like the island is guarded by a giant plastic ball that smothers you. I knew that already.
Speaker 1: Oh bo, I remember that from like, yeah, the pretty episode where Homer goes on the island.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when he's mister X journalist and yeah, So anyway, that is the premise. I think it's magooin So anyway, the premise is just that a guy's trapped on a wacky island. It's super surreal and trippy, and he's trying to escape and a primordial terror of mind that still shakes me to my core. Was one night I was really young and stayed up way too late and was watching random tapes and I remember it was a high eight tape. My dad had a high eight player. This is like a thing that's not VCR, that's not like so obsolete. People have probably not heard of it.
Speaker 1: It's not even Betamax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we'd watch Rocketdood'll do on High eight and stuff. So he had this high eight tape. There was a documentary about great sci fi shows and it showed the last episode of The pri and the last episode of The Prisoner. Just this out of context scene is this guy going I will not be stamped, spindled or mutilated. I I I I I I I I And then like his face rips off and he's this guerrilla monster. And I'm like seven years old, and I like ship my pants round out of the room. And I was fascinated with that scene forever, and I've been trying to find it forever and I finally figured out it's the final scene of The Prisoner.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: But I was always just like, what's that III monkey man? Right about? Well? Is that Charles Yeah, you finally unlocked it.
Speaker 1: Wow. We always talk about the impending conflict that we're all going to die in as World War III on the daily. All Right, I can't wait a great joke.
Speaker 2: Wait, howcome it was a how come it's like a monkey bio weapon for what's going on? Like without a huge reak.
Speaker 4: You'll understand how trippy and phoned in sixties TV was so then in that I was about in the context as stupid as hell. So then he rips off the monkey face and it's his own, it's himself, and this is the mysterious evil guy that they've been milking the whole series. Who's it going to be? It's him? And he just starts laughing and laughing, and our guy teams up with a little person, Butler kills everyone with machine guns and like gets out, and that's then. I don't fully understand the context, but I don't think it would make it better if I did.
Speaker 1: Man, you didn't stick around for the important payoffs. Everyone with machine guns help you so much?
Speaker 4: Kid? Yeah, thank god he's dead.
Speaker 1: I love a good Scooby Doo mask reveal and then second mask, you're just covering under two layers of masks, and that they went through the trouble of just building a mask that would go on top of a mask that was a perfect replica of their own face that they had been wearing against.
Speaker 4: The mission impossible Latex.
Speaker 2: Then oh wait, so it reverted back to his original.
Speaker 1: Face, right?
Speaker 4: And then the implication I think is who knows who that is? Like, it's open to interpretation. It might not be you know, they don't dig into it.
Speaker 1: You're like, now I'm playing it's me.
Speaker 4: He beats them to death of a fire. Exting was sure if I recall, Okay.
Speaker 2: Now I need to wats just last episode out of context? O, man, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Michael?
Speaker 4: Right now, all the shows that everyone loves come on. I don't need to rail too hard about it. But I haven't gotten to in public yet. But I was watching Succession like everyone and a few episodes ago, even though it's so close to the end, I just am so bored enough by it that I'm like, yeah, but it's literally not worth my time. And I just walked away. And there's been a couple like that, and I'm worried that I'm I'm falling out of touch. As they say, but I can't stand shows without dynamics. And it's like every scene is it's like always Sonny in Philadelphia without jokes. And I know people who said Arrested Development without jokes, but Arrested Development was structurally complex. Succession is like I wonder if they'll fuck them over at the end of the scene. I wonder if they have the fairy's intent. I wonder if they're gonna end up yelling at each other saying something horrible they can't take back. I think I had the same thing with Game of Thrones. You gotta have a lot of dynamics for me. Yeah, I forget I should have written more than all the shows everyone loves, because there was another one that I had a whole cracked style thesis about. But you know what, you're not my boss anymore. I don't have to do that to refu content.
Speaker 6: Dad.
Speaker 1: Is it Barry? I like Barry? I know, I like you would like Barry. Actually, yeah, and I like that. I don't know if it was fully Oh, Ted Lasso, that's the one. Ted Lasso sucks. I always out it has.
Speaker 4: I think it's interesting that Barry went from season one has the highest proportion of jokes to ship is real and then it's like smoothly Season two is more real, real, real real. I'm pretty sure Bill Hayter is trying to hop permanently too. I'm gonna direct like real ship now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It feels like this is I can't wait for him, and this is the first time I've seen that transition somebody going from like TV and like directing so many TV episodes so well that I'm now just and I think a lot of people are now like eagerly awaiting what his first film will be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wifie count Jordan Peel. But it was directing sketches. It's not real as as I will now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like watch it like from Key and Peel. I wasn't then waiting for ye.
Speaker 6: Whoa, You're like, yeah, yeah, now I I will allow you to talk about succession but ted laugh though, I mean that is dramatallurgically everything that happens on that is necessary to quote Jeremy Strong.
Speaker 4: Sure, show's perfect, and there's got to be some kind of Uh. I'm just nostalgic goggles only because I really like Bill Lawrence, the show runner. I've looked up to him for a long time. I really like Scrubs, even though there's like, I mean, as you get older and older, he's not immune to highly problematic shit if you go back and watch Scrubs. But I still love a lot of the techniques. A lot of modern sitcoms use the techniques he developed in Scrubs. And I don't know, maybe I'm just a sucker, but I watched Ted Lasso and I'm like, man, if this was a Scrubs, I'd be laughing out loud instead of just going these people are nice.
Speaker 1: This is nice. It's nice because everyone's so nice. Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 4: Hey, maybe you need that energy or power to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm allergic to it. I just can't when I see it, I'm like, oh, it's too nice for me. Like I'm a lost cause don't like, don't cry for me because I'm already dead and dead lass, I ain't breaking through. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: I forget what the hell I had. But as soon as you did know wedding bars, a wedding planning, fuck that, Yeah, my weddings and swill days. Who gives a shit?
Speaker 7: Flow by, more importantly, the flowbots, bro, there's so easy highly slept on They're like a rap version of rage against the machine ethos wise, like all they rap about is have capitalisms bullshit.
Speaker 4: The farther we go forward in time, the more everything they say rings true, Like and Braiden Rise, there's a war going on for your mind. Same thing, Good Soldier. So many great songs, really eloquent lyrics, great flow, like rappers with really melodic flow, and like the roots are like, I mean, I always love live band with live drums doing rap with like a horn section. You don't get that a lot, right. The flowbots are great?
Speaker 1: Wow, there we go. I mean, I don't think you even needed to mention that day a great flow after people heard me my AKA but yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The robots, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: So, I mean, but your wedding, Just to touch on that, as somebody who was married in the last year, you're you feel good, you're nervous. Yeah yeah, yeah, let it listen, let it let the camera catch that. But I know the feeling when you're just like less than two weeks out and all your for me. All I thought about was like, how is this event going to go down? Not so much of like the marriage itself, but the actual wedding and the shit gonna be where it needs to be. Are people gonna like what they? And I did my head and until somebody, like a family member was like, was like, you look fucking tense as fuck. What you need to do is act like a guest. Don't act like a fucking host at your wedding. And that was the best advice I've received in the lead up of to be able to, like on the day, just put everything else out of mind and just switch to being like, I'm a guess at this wonderful thing. But are you Are you close to feeling like that or is it still kind of.
Speaker 4: Like, oh yeah, I feel that entitlement. That's great advice that I have gotten and taken to heart because I feel like we did our work in the prep and that we're both workaholics, so we took X. We went extra extra, so like the gifts for the bridal parties are pretty specific and elaborate and will be like surprising delights that took a lot of extra work. I know, no one attending. I think most people attending will not hear this. No, some will, Oh well, we shot a full like cracked caliber sketch to unveil at the wedding.
Speaker 1: We start in with.
Speaker 4: Pretty ambitious special effects and a full orchestral score and shit, and had a crew out there two days of shooting and some other surprises. So like, we went hard and there's costume changes involved, and uh, you know, some of the actors you helped bring up Jack are involved in some performance pieces happening through housing. So we're doing a whole day of bullshit. And I would say on top of what I would call normal wedding planning. I mean the sketch was like one hundred hours of writing, shooting, and editing easily. So now that it's done, no, I fully feel entitled. I'm like on the day, it's I've earned Like I'm king now. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: I made a playlist for my wedding Okay, so yeah that was that was something. Big gifts I got for my wedding party were tank tops with the local beer logo on it that I got the day before.
Speaker 4: I know, we go way too hard, hence the nervous breakdown. It's like the manufacturers that I can't stop doing cool shit all the time.
Speaker 2: It's keep it cool.
Speaker 1: Do they have like a program for that where they're where they're like, all right, you're you're in this room with other people who just can't stop doing cool shit.
Speaker 4: All too much ice cream and you get an ice cream headache. That's where I like to use man. I won't like it, but in IOP one of the last things, because you like present at the end what you've learned. I did it in the form of a wrap freaking nerd and the people were like one guy and then they all respond like with affirmations, and one guy was like, I feel like I'm, you know, on the ground floor of like this great talent. Man, you're gonna be famous. And I'm like, don't say that. That is why I'm fucking here. That's fixation. That's what I'm trying to let go. That's like I just completed AA and you're like, you're gonna get drunk, dude, I see it.
Speaker 1: Be the funnest drunk guy ever.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, Hollywood, b.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I bet you'd be a blast drunk man. We should go down.
Speaker 2: I love to get fucked up with you, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news stories and we're back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this was news to me.
Speaker 1: The Republicans have been working on some investigations, eagerly anticipated investigations. I mean, I guess, yeah, I guess it's not news. They're always like, oh, man, what about Hunter Biden? Laptop though, Yeah, what about Hunter Biden?
Speaker 4: What about what about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about what else? What else?
Speaker 1: What about what? Yeah? They took the mic at the open mic. Yeah, they took the mic at the open mic?
Speaker 2: Did that one our house?
Speaker 1: And they're like, uh, what about uh? What about you guts?
Speaker 4: Does hot pockets a bit a lot?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, like what they find, miles, what did they unearthed?
Speaker 2: We've heard the threats, you know, in the lead up to the mid terms, and then after the mid terms when they to control the House, they're like, oh, just fucking wait, because we're gonna bring the fucking hammer down on Joe Brandon. And they said they're all kinds of reports and things about how he took money as VP and swayed foreign policy. The thing is James Kormer of the uh, the chairman of the Oversight Committee of Kentucky, doesn't have shit, and he's doing the like investigation equivalent of when you try to rob a liquor store with a banana in your coat pocket, being like I got that thing on me, don't be and someone's like, man, get the fuck out of my store. And that's kind of what's happening right now. As the Republicans go on news, like people are like even their own media is like, huh, but what's the fucking evidence? Man, Like I thought you're gonna fucking embarrass this guy. They're saying stuff like this is gonna end Joe Biden's presidency. So as he's been saying things like many people have been going around to Fox and you know, giving little interviews. He recently confused the fuck out of a few Fox News hosts when he said he had the goods but can't show anyone yet. And then our Senator Ron Johnson, he was on Maria Bartiromo's show, and then this is what he said about like, well, like do you have evidence? He's like, yeah, yeah, I mean, here's the thing about evidence.
Speaker 1: The classic legal strategy of here's the thing about evidence.
Speaker 3: And money came from China and other adversarial countries, by the way, not just China, but going into these ll seas and then from there the money went from the LLCs to various Biden family members.
Speaker 2: What can you tell us about that?
Speaker 3: What were they getting paid for?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Where the receivers again on the bank records. You're not going to see bribe to change this policy. You have to infer what's happening here. You look at the bulk of the evidence. You have to follow the money and realize, so, what did this Biden family member do to earn that amount of money? I mean, that's what we did with Hunter Biden and Ukraine.
Speaker 2: I mean, what did he I don't know if you cut that. He just said you have to infer what's happening here, right, And then at the end of it, he's like, you're not going to necessarily get hard proof. Is how he wraps up this very long winded sound by and Maria Maria Bartiromo's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, Then we have another one where Comber himself goes on Fox and Friends, very friendly environment, and Steve Doocey's like, hey, man, like you're laying this thing out about all these bribes and stuff. Where's can what the like? But evidence? And here's again just this very dissatisfied Fox News host.
Speaker 9: Sources between twenty fifteen and twenty seventeen, and your party, the Republican investigators, say that that's proof of influence peddling by Hunter and James. But that's just your suggestion. You don't actually have any facts to that point. You've got some circumstantial evidence. And the other thing is, of all those names, the one person who didn't profit is so there's no evidence that Joe Biden did anything illegally.
Speaker 10: Well, if you look at the laptop and the emails between the president's and his associates, they went to great links to hide Joe's involvement.
Speaker 2: They this like weird fucking merry go round has been happening for the last fucking week, where even they're like, what you're saying that shit's going on, but you're not showing us anything that's going on. And I just have to say, this is continuous again, this is like never ending. Maria Bartiromo is like, hey, comber Man, you gotta come with it, Like you're telling us about this, Where the fuck are these people you said they got people who are like can attest to this, You have whistleblowers and all this other shit. Where are they? And again, uh, it's it's it's not it's not a great not a great show from James Comer.
Speaker 3: More important potentially here, and that is this cover up. You have spoken with whistleblowers, You have spoken, You also spoke with an informant who gave you all of this information. Where is that informant today? Where are these whistleblowers?
Speaker 10: Well, unfortunately, we can't track down the informant. We're hopeful that the informant is still there. The whistleblower knows the informant. The whistle blower is very credible, and all we're asking the FBI.
Speaker 5: They've now switched to Oh, man, I don't know where the whistle blower was here.
Speaker 1: Oh actually he's just going to the back.
Speaker 2: They're incredible, so credible. And just lastly, just what I wrapped up because Marie Barberome was just like, hold on, bro, what you just said that the motherfucker's missing? Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: Then again, not a great answer, but it's fantastic just in the context of that this person probably doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, Congressman, did you just say that the whistleblower or the informant is now missing.
Speaker 11: Well, we we're hopefully we could find the informant.
Speaker 10: Remember, these slefts are are kind of in the.
Speaker 11: Spy business, so they don't make a habit of being seen a lot or being a profile or anything like that. Spy business have basic information with respect to what the face.
Speaker 1: That Joe Biden when he was all right anyway, So well we've got to expect miles them to go on the hostile grounds of Fox News and stand up to the scrutiny that they always reserve for. Wait, no, actually that those are the soft pulse. He's taking big pauses like he's on delay, like he's coming to you from the Middle Easter or some SMA centauri.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they're in this spy business, so they don't really they're not really high profile. That's not relevant really, Like that's like asking like, well, who are these people? Then you can be like, they're not really high profile people, But to say, like where are they, They're like, well, they're spies, so they don't really like hang out places.
Speaker 1: Yeas like what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So it's a very It's one of the shittiest diversionary tactics I've seen, because like, I mean, I think they're what they're really trying to do they want. They're running like the twenty fifteen sixteen playbook all over again, where they're trying to get like a year out, get some really good scandals to stick, like they would have with Hillary Clinton. But apparently they don't have misogyny on their side this time. And there's just I don't know, they're they're just they're scrambling now. And you have Marjorie Taylor Green who's like followed up that interview and is like, they're not missing, actually we know where they are.
Speaker 1: And it's like, what the fukay? Sure? You just didn't want to tell you that because my dad's actually a cop, right, and yeah, he's not well, speaking of misogyny on their side, and people actually saying the thing that you want to catch them doing, which doesn't appear to have happened here, you know, you're just gonna have to infer things on that story. On this other one, it sounds like less inference. So Brudy Giuliani is being sued for sexual assault by a former employee for ten million dollars over allegations of sexual assault and harassment, wage theft, and other misconduct. The plaintiff was hired in twenty nineteen with the salary of one million dollars per year, which later turned out to be a sham, and the sexual harassment and abuse began almost immediately. Rue Giuliani, by the way, is on tap saying that he wanted her the victim in this case since the day he interviewed her. Just horrible, damning, gruesome details about what he did to this person, but also just you know, recorded alcohol drenched rants that include sexist, racist, and anti Semitic remarks, claimed that he could commit crimes because he has immunity, and admitting and admitted to selling gardens for two million dollars with Trump. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that split it. They could split the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, money he and Trump would split.
Speaker 2: It's just it's really fucking wild. I mean, like, I think he met her over Facebook and then offered this job, and I was like, it's a million dollars a year, but you know, I'm going through this really acrimonious divorce, so I can't really pay you immediately all the money and strung her along like this, while also being like, well, since you're my assistant, you can record everything, and also I can help represent you in a case against an ex boyfriend that you're trying to sue, who like also mistreated you. Apparently, so he was like he was, he was going in at every angle to try and manipulate this person.
Speaker 4: Man, a gaslighting, money laundering rapist. If he committed a public shooting, he would truly be America's mayor. Right, that's all of our four quadrants, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, completely, they're really covering it all. Never paid her claims because of his divorce, specifically told her not to cooperate with the FBI. And again, you can do that.
Speaker 4: I'm getting divorced, and I'm sad. I'm sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah this week, that's right, But.
Speaker 2: Don't cooperate with the FBI either.
Speaker 1: I did not know that demanded that she work naked in a bikini or in short shorts with an American flag on them that he bought for her. Over the computer. He asked her to remove her clothes on camera, often called her from his bed where he was visibly touching himself under a white sheet.
Speaker 2: This is from a seventy page complaint too. This is like a tip of the iceberg. I think most people are only like reporting on a fraction of everything that's in this thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, demanded oral sex during phone calls from high profile friends and clients because it made him, quote feel like Bill Clinton. And if you remember that scene with him on camera pulling down his pants and bore at two, that scene is specifically referenced in the lawsuit, and they even included a screen grab from the movie noting that he acted in a similar manner with the plaintiff. So yeah, it's just.
Speaker 4: Like so weirdly it's a screen grab where borats sixty nine y with the naked back guy on floor at the convention hall.
Speaker 1: Like, whoops, he's just a big boorat man.
Speaker 4: I guess sorry, I shouldn't have left putting all the evidence in order to of my why to get that person out of the court room. Clear this room.
Speaker 2: The other thing is too, like I said, he's representing her against like in a domestic violence suit against an X, And he basically said, I'll pay you three hundred thousand dollars if you waive your legal rights against your like abusive X. Because it's like it's messing up, like you're distracted from having sex with me, Jesus Christ, Like it's fucking terrible. Yeah, and like just been on top of it all too. The other thing that's probably making like other people sweat around DC is she had access to like all of his email.
Speaker 1: His emails. Yeah, he was like, you're my assistant, so you have my email. You're basically my email account now controller of he's out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe those will be useful for you in a lawsuit down the road. But yeah, like I'm fucking everyone, every single Trump family member, uh, like the Trump lawyer j Seculo, Kelly Conway, of Michael mccasey, Jeff Sessions, fucking the the Ales family, like every fucking every like anyone who has been to an orbit of the Trump's in that administration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it, all recordings, emails.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll see. What's his defense though, is he he's innocent?
Speaker 1: He's denied the allegations because Mayor Juliani's lifetime of public service speaks for itself.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, I mean just seeing himself, Yeah, watching him service himself in public in films, like yeah, okay, sure, and like there's a lot I mean, yeah this again, seventy fucking pages is like the complaint and like this is only like most It sounds like most journalists are like it's so fucking bad it's like not even worth talking about, like aside from like the real nuts and bolts of this case, but yikes.
Speaker 4: Also important the parts that Juliani's lifetime of public service speaks for itself. And he will pursue all available counter claims. I don't hear it, know, it's not even no not a denial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll talk about some more hopeful news. And we're back. And uh, there's another kind of hopeful thread from the guy we talked before about this guy, Michael Thomas did a thread about how the Netherlands went from being this traffic choked you know, just it looked a lot like America, Like when you look at pictures of the Netherlands and the fifties and sixties, they took a bunch of funding from developers and filled in like their waterways with cement to build highways, and shit, it was. It was a real mess. And now they are known as a place that has very low emissions and is very bike friendly and pedestrian friendly, and it can happen for cities in the modern world. And so he has another threat about Paris, and this one is actually a even more condensed timeline. All takes place basically in the last ten years, and their strategy was basically go big on bikes. They put those free rent to bikes everywhere around town, basically bird before the tech industry quote revolutionized the final mile problem. They actually just put those bikes everywhere so anybody who needed to get somewhere could just swipe and hop on a bike and get where they needed to go. They got rid of a bunch of parking in twenty twenty. They announced they'd be removing seventy two percent of street parking for cars to accommodate cyclists in twenty twenty and closed some of the biggest like busiest roads and streets and highways and turn them into bike highways. One case, they turned it into like a bike highway and a beach. There's like a on the sin like there used to be or the sind there used to be like big highway right alongside, and they just filled it in with sand and like a small land for bikes. And I love it, like a great place to hang out.
Speaker 2: It looks like a like a mini version with the Venice boardwalk. Yeah, so strange to see you like that, but hey, yeah, more space for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they And there's just a lot of like great side by side pictures of like you know, what New York City looks like today in a lot of places, or what La looks like all over the place, and like side by side with just these like great little walkable communities, and like they've already cut emissions by twenty percent in just like nine years of taking these like passing this legislation. Also every change just like makes it a less horrible place to live and also addresses like one of the issues. When I was talking about the Netherlands, people were like, well, but how are people going to get around? Like one of the things the Netherlands did was try something called car free Sundays. People, Right, well, but that does that's not Sunday communities that like don't have access to bikes or any any of that stuff. But if you put other options in place, hopefully affordable options, then it does start to seem more doable. And obviously it's not a complete, like fix to the problem, but a lot of just like small changes and trying things out and disincentivizing people and businesses from building their lives and businesses and communities in a way that requires people to drive around angrily in our cars eight hours a day can be a huge win and can have these incremental changes where everybody suddenly stops feeling like this is inescapable a world built four cars by sentient cars. I feel like, is that's a thing that we can't even like imagine our way out of. I s like, I think part of the appeal of post apocalyptic movies is that they offer the first like walkable communities most people can realistically imagine in the United States because all the cars are just gone. Not the driving dead. Yeah, it's not the driving dead, I tell you that damn much.
Speaker 2: I think ever since we saw it happen in New York, just like in the beginning of the pandemic, yeah, la fucking please. Yeah, And like you see it in some places, but it's mostly in the unincorporated parts of the city where like their small city councils can just decide unilaterally to be like, yeah, let's shut that part down, just like.
Speaker 1: A little nook over here.
Speaker 2: But God, what I would give to have like just a couple streets like the where they prioritize bike traffic.
Speaker 1: It would be oh just it would make my fucking life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a couple around me. I'm in Emoryville, Oakland area in the Bay and there's like a street that you can get around on with bikes. You just made me remember, like way back at the beginning of the pandemic, where like maybe this will be the tipping point for some societal changes we need, like universal healthcare or more walkable cities because people are gonna be or like if they don't go to a building, maybe we don't need those buildings. That's like, it's so funny, funny to look back and realize the major changes. No, now we just hate each other about masks and like there's a bunch of new conspiracy theories about viral mind control and shit.
Speaker 1: Uh and a little work from home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's my thing is I work from home all the time. Ever since pandemic hit and all my jobs went remote, I barely ever drive, which is nice. But I also barely ever actually have reason to go outside, which is not nice. Right. Uh, So I'm on the I'll be honest. When I do get outside, I like that, like if everyone was walking or riding their bikes. I'd be like, there's too many people walking right.
Speaker 1: Now, right, you know what I mean, New York.
Speaker 4: What I really want is for other people to not exist. That's what I want.
Speaker 1: The real part of movies that people like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or all segues one or the other that was supposed to do it. It was going to chase the way cities were built.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they had the like again, it's like the thing that bird scooters came in and everyone was like, these are revolutionary, and it's like a lot of people have had this idea, it's just now venture capital decided to fund it in the form of these dumb scooters that people just leave all over the place. But yeah, yeah, I mean New York has the rentable bikes and stuff. It's just you need to like do that at scale and also get rid of all of the traffic that makes it so that like, oh yeah, bike around requires you to take your life into your own hands.
Speaker 2: I feel like because in La, the tourists like, I'm sorry, tourists, because there's bird scooters around doesn't mean it's fucking safe for y'all. No, Because I all the time see tourists like in the most dangerous fucking roads, being like, oh I love this town. I'm on a bird scooter and like people are flying by them like forty fifty miles an hour and shit yea, and it's like it's it's giving the impression that there's infrastructure that would keep you safe. There's like also this like little stretch on the one ten going into downtown that I see people like right this narrow sort of sidewalk like right next to a freeway and it's not it's obviously not in the like on the freeway, but like when I see that, I'm like, oh my god, Like these people are fucking like daredevils.
Speaker 1: Like riding a guard scooter down the four h five with a map open in front of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like just convert, like just start off with a couple fucking streets, like two streets per neighborhood like that are like the main thoroughfares, Like just give us a little fucking bike action, please.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Me went a decent amount of money on a bike for the first time in my life while I was at crack, just because I was like, I'm only like three and a half miles from the office. I should commute back and forth every day. Only did it for like four days before I seriously felt like, yeah, but if you die, what's the point of this? Like there was no every day I got going through. I got a multiple like people screeching, honking, there's nowhere for you to be, or go on the sidewalk and people shout, you know, on the sidewalk like what want? Yeah, get and get a car, motherfucker is the implication.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to die on clover Field you want, But yeah, in America, it's like boring shit, like the Chamber of Commerce that is secretly really powerful, or the real estate industry that you know, even though this would be good for the real estate industry, I just feel like there are massive capital infused powers that are making it so that these things that would make everyone's lives better would help at least do a little like maybe make a small dent in the problem with climate change and all I think small dent in the actual you know, it's only reduced emissions by twenty percent, that's still significant significant nine years. But also just like mentally, like seeing a mayor come in and like make these changes in a single decade, I feel like has to give people hope and like, you know, make it feel like there's a world where hyper capitalism and whatever gets you from one transaction to the next as quickly as possible with as little friction as possible. Like that that ethos doesn't have to run the world, which I think is hard to imagine for a lot of us who have like grown up in the world since like the eighties and nineties. You know, Jack, that's what that's why you just got to embrace the apocalypse man, and hope that comes right right, because I can't imaginely easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of castle.
Speaker 4: Blow it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you, know.
Speaker 1: That it happens. It happens.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's two forces that have gotten us in trouble, that have just gotten out of control ever since interchangeable parts are invented. We're like, oh, wow, it's amazing when shit gets more efficient. Everything should just always get more efficient, until we're producing so much that shit is just spewing out of robots twenty four hours a day. And then the other one is like we all is the branding idea, Like, you know, there's great books to read about it. But mad Men covers it fairly well. The origin of the realization that oh, we could just sell the idea of something or package stuff, or instead of saying this is what the product provides, we can say cool, people use this product way more effective. And then the news was like, we can do that too. So I just feel like those two impulses have really screwed us up.
Speaker 2: Like P. T.
Speaker 4: Barnum and interchangeable parts guy, the cotton gen guy whoever it.
Speaker 1: Was, Eli Whitney, Yeah, but all the.
Speaker 4: Way through to like write the conveyor belt, and then McDonald's like, we've applied it to everything, how can we make this more efficient, lower cost, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And now parts reminds me of playing Civilization when you get to that technology in Civilization replaceable parts. Sid Meyers freaks out there. But oh, the thing I was gonna say is like, I guess the only thing you could do is like maybe trick the commercial real estate industry because they're suffering right now, is to be like, what if we turn the streets around all your commercial buildings into like walkable areas, so naturally people will fucking come through there.
Speaker 4: Because they ran out your bottom floor for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff, people will at least move towards there because you've you've created the infrastructure for people to move into that area, and maybe that will do something, but they're probably just.
Speaker 1: Completely you know, I don't know. They can't they can't be changed. I mean that we had, like LA had one of the largest rail lines, like just miles and miles and miles and miles of you know, electric railcars at the beginning of the twentieth century, and then cars and tire companies came through and had their way with it, and.
Speaker 4: We've abandoned it to the morlocks. Yes, no, what ever goes down there, that's true.
Speaker 2: Man, it's always a bummer to see, like when you come across the old LA railway like infrastructure, when you're like, what the like, you'll you like trip over like an old fucking you know, like piece of train track.
Speaker 4: Writer. If you've been NYC enough, you'll see like a sign with a subway map and you'll go, oh, is some kind of New York City themed thing going on? Oh, that's right, we have a subway. Never mind, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, Michael, what a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you follow you and find out more about Papa Bear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I refrained from name dropping it so far, but I'm working on a film called Papa Bear based on the hilarious point a true story of when my dad came out as a gay furry when I was seventeen. Fun fact, his real persona is cyberbar and cybernetically Enhanced Bear. But as screenwriters, we thought that was like a hat on a hat, like real life. That's too many elements, right.
Speaker 1: No one's going to believe that.
Speaker 4: But the goal beyond just exploding some myths about furry fandom and having an actually positive representation of that community. It's not a niche movie only for first it's like a poignant coming of age comedy. We're inspired by stuff like eighth grade Ladybird Book, smart stuff like that. If you like those, if you like our work at Cracked by Us, I mean me and ab Eperson, who sort of like forged the look of Cracked videos all the way from the scrappy stuff to the high value stuff, and we're trying to do it again. Oh also, we have a pre existing movie called Kill Me Now, which you could watch in its entirety on YouTube and I only mention that because if all those things make you go, oh yeah, these guys could make a movie. This looks good.
Speaker 1: I've made one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go check us out at seed and spark dot com, slash fund, slash Papa hyphen Bear and learn all about the project. At the lowest tier, you can just give us like fifteen bucks and it's just like buying a ticket. Right when the movie's done, we'll send it to you to watch and then it goes up from there. Or you can follow me on Twitter at swim Underscore Corp. And I'll keep you apprized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that link will be in the show notes, so you just like open the damn app that you're listening to it.
Speaker 4: I wonder what the click through is on people who read the show notes in their app and click a link.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unbelievably high. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Oh? Media? Oh, I will say I wanted to say this in Act one, but I didn't find a good spot to slip it in. But I think Coomer Comber, whoever we were talking about the pundit in Act one, is still doing good work from his point of view in the sense that it is a marketing thing. It's just about repetition. It's the Coca Cola version of it doesn't matter if the follow through is and it's not true. And here's why you said it a thousand times. And that leads me to a piece of media I'm liking, which is Foundation. I'm a big hard sci fi nerd. If you are as well, and if you watch the expanse and you're like, this is good but not scratching that itch of like very intellectual sci fi, Foundation is super good. And there's a character named Empire in that who says the line related to this, which is they're like, but that's not true, and he's like, but we'll just have every galactic news source repeat it until the error is made of it and there's nothing else to breathe.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Foundation, good wow, Miles. Where can people find you? Is their work? Amedia, you've been enjoying h Man.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and I haven't posted it anyway at Miles of Gray. If there's ad symbols, as I usually say, follow Jack and nine on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack on mav Matt Lusty's where you can hear at least we're gonna recap Game one Western Conference Finals by the next episode and also check me out. On four twenty d fiance was Sophia Alexandra where we talk about ninety day and love is blind but really high if that's if that makes it any different for you. This is a tweet from ify at Iffy wady Way. He just quoted someone took a picture of like a Mickey Mouse thing with like the Viewmaster Mickey Mouse, you know toy and he put ah, yes, dissociation training wheels.
Speaker 4: Those were the day amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, the amount of time.
Speaker 2: I remember there was one I had of just like California landmarks and I would just look at the Golden Gate like I would lay on my back, just look into the sun and just tell your.
Speaker 4: Parents are screaming at each other in the back. Yeah, yeah, just seagulls, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never loved you, and I'm like click and I'm at the Golden Gate.
Speaker 4: Bre I just saw that, dude, and Tim Medows and Carl tired to improv. They're fantastic if you Yeah, what a crew tweet.
Speaker 1: I've been enjoying. Furbie Hancock tweeted process fud was literally designed for you to eat. Organic is just some crap they found on the ground somewhere, just good, good nutrition advice. But I think that is how my brain worked for large portion of my adult life. I was like, well, the scientists have approved this with all their technology. You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at d Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zekeeist dot com where we post our episode and our footnote where we link off the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what is a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: I think you know, since we were talking about just rapping bars and things like that, Bars Simpson is the track that we're going to go out on by Sunny Jim m F Doom Jay Electronica.
Speaker 1: Just a great, good, good old rap song.
Speaker 2: But I just love I love when anyone makes a Simpson's reference, and like the album art is fantastic. It's like a Homer just like on his back drunk and the album is called White Girl Wasted. But anyway, check out this track, Bars Simpson, Sunny, Jim MF, Doom Jay, Electronica, put it through your speakers well.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. They're going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then bite, Bite,