Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne, the God peaks to the planet. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? That's right.
Speaker 1: We got our guest co hosts for this morning were Erica Duchess.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Hey, dropping the clue bomb for Erica Duchess. Man.
Speaker 3: If you don't know who Erica Duchess is, she was a member of the ha Ha mafia.
Speaker 2: You see her open up a little dou ball.
Speaker 3: She just was at the Scrimp of a Woman festival this weekend in at l Yes, very funny comedian.
Speaker 2: Happy to have you, Erica. How you feeling.
Speaker 4: I feel great. I'm insite.
Speaker 5: I'm still in shock that I don't really hear a little early though, yeah, very very early.
Speaker 2: I told you can say whatever you want to say. Just don't curse.
Speaker 4: No, I will not. I got my good girl voice on today.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even want you to have your good girl boys. Un Well, you just just be you, that's all.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I practiced a little bit, but you you praed uh with with Clay, and I was just acting like I want the radio and not cursing.
Speaker 4: Yeah I have to.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're doing this beforehand, what would you say, give me an example.
Speaker 4: No, I was just saying like, hey, I'm Erica Dutchess. Yeah yeah, man, yeah, he crazy, just trying to.
Speaker 2: Just practiced faking. Yeah, faking.
Speaker 5: Because I'm a natural cursor. Like so I'm just trying to get it out of my sister.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I can do it though, you can do.
Speaker 4: It because I don't need churches and all that.
Speaker 2: Before you performed that. You didn't stand up at the church.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, twice you got to stand it though.
Speaker 2: Had to be Jamal Brian Church only.
Speaker 4: Don't talk about him, Please, don't talk about him.
Speaker 5: He was He was the one who did the unogy for Clay Clay on film.
Speaker 2: He didn't do a good job.
Speaker 4: He bomb.
Speaker 5: How yeah, the past, the ball, He did everything wrong, Clay, What do you do wrong? Talking about Donald Trump at the funeral wasn't political at all?
Speaker 4: That why we were like, what are you talking about? What? Indeed, he was showing pictures saying yeah.
Speaker 5: Clay was married for eighteen years to the same woman, and they showed it up on the screen.
Speaker 4: It was the wrong one.
Speaker 2: Stop stop it, stop it No for that happened for real.
Speaker 4: T I gave him the light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: On stage and you bought him as a comedian, or your time what they give you the like?
Speaker 2: So t I gave him the like.
Speaker 5: T I had Barton and t I went before the past and said what he said. Everybody like Yeah, So when the past came up and couldn't follow that, he couldn't follow tips we gave him.
Speaker 2: They put up the wrong picture.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I don't know what he who gave him the like the note about Clay because everything was just wrong. He he's quote all white man quotes this uph Yeah, we're like, bro, you most don't know.
Speaker 2: Like so the funeral hon't give you a refund back. I'll give you some of the money back or something like that.
Speaker 4: Should they should? Because he was all messed up?
Speaker 3: Damn passed, Jamal Brown, you have to explain yourself. Lord, have mercy man. All right, let's start the show. Let's get the show.
Speaker 1: We got front page dude, Sessland figure out will be joining us. We got a lot to talk about. To moves to Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody, see j n V Charlamagne the gud.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We got our guest co host, Erica Dutch is here and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Tesslim's figure out. Good morning, Good morning dj n B.
Speaker 4: Charlomagne, the god and beautiful Erica, the Queen of stand up.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 2: She's fixing her mic, she's fixing you. Can you hear yourself? All right? You got wrong? Nothing, that's right, she said, the beautiful Erica Dutch.
Speaker 4: Thank you, beautiful yourself.
Speaker 2: Now, lis ma'am, let's glass.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Start off with some sports and the last night the Nuggets beat the Lakers one thirty two, one twenty six. And if you're into the draft, San Antonio Spurs get the first pick.
Speaker 2: Of the draft. I get the draft. That alien Victor what what a my bo? What's his name? The brother from France by bye?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he's like seven foot two, seven foot three, has like a six foot nine.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's like a big span creator character in NBA something. So they have another huge sentence of what they had, Tim Duncan. They had David Robinson and now this young man I mean, you can call him a center, but he played like everything that he play everything all right? Now, what else we got tess? We talking about this AI hearing?
Speaker 10: Yes, a celebrity tech CEO Sam Alton of Open Ai made his debut appearance before Congress on yesterday alongside two other artificial intelligence experts for three hours of questioning on how Washington should regulate the rapidly developing technology. Now, as were most hearing, the session offer more questions and answers. The biggest, of course, is where if Congress has the stomach for regulating a new industry at all. Now Here are the three big questions that came out of the hearing. Number one, do we need a new federal agency? I would say yes. Number two, who owns the data that AI trains on? And number three how much will AI influence the twenty twenty four election. Now Here is what some of Sam Alton had to say during his testimony, and let's take a listen and talk about it.
Speaker 11: On the other side, I think if this technology goes wrong, it can go quite wrong, and we want to be vocal about that. We want to work with the government to prevent that from happening. It's one of my areas of greatest concern the more general ability of these models to manipulate, to persuade, to provide sort of one on one interactive disinformation.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, I was watching CNN last night when they was doing a recap of that hearing, and they didn't say anything that I haven't been saying. The lower third yesterday on CNN was a Elon Musk warning that AI that's a chance AI destroys humanity, humanity. So if there's a chance something can describe humanity, why are we still going down that road?
Speaker 2: Can anybody tell me why?
Speaker 1: I mean, because you know, if you really honestly think about it, right, all AI is not bad.
Speaker 2: It's all not bad.
Speaker 1: It's all that bad because some of it can be efficient, some of it can help, some of it can help humanity. But if it takes over humanity, that's where you have the problem. And who controls the AI?
Speaker 2: Is the problem? Controls our way to cons though? That's the question.
Speaker 3: Like, I really don't understand how we can't see what's about to happen. We live in a world where folks can't even handle fake tweets. How they gonna handle AI and chat GPT. The lines of reality are already blurred, not about to be obliterated.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he said that it was like Photoshop when Photoshop first came out and people didn't know what photoshop was, and eventually over time they figured it out. Yeah, we say, I'm figured it out. But that's of course, that's what he said. Is testimony, But he said, this is like Photoshop on steroids. And one of my my main things that I that just upsets me is it's kind of like you get this brand new shiny toy and tell everybody to open it up and then say, oh, hold on, wait a minute before you play with it.
Speaker 4: It's going to destroy humanity. This should have been done.
Speaker 10: Prior to developing of the technology, and in my opinion, you don't create it and then say, oh, it's a big mess. But I did want to give people a couple of tips because I did some additional research on how to determine if content generated is AI, and just a couple of tips. One is the length of ex sensive sentences they're normally shorter sentences, the repetition of words and phrases, the lack of analysis and originality, So those are things you can look for when you're looking at content and if that stuff is AI generator, none of.
Speaker 2: That is going to work. We literally was passing around to fake Jerry Springer story all week long.
Speaker 3: You couldn't tell me that story. You couldn't tell me that story wasn't real. We can't even handle stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't AI. That was him acting. But that's my point, we can't even handle stuff like that.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 4: I was just saying, I've seen it when he's kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind if you want to know, like when they're standing around at the table and stuff, cause they sit around at the table and they come up with these great ideas.
Speaker 2: You talk about the powers that be Yes, white people, those people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So I was just wondering, like what what just made them be like, okay, let's just do something to make discard humanity or you know that can just.
Speaker 4: Shake up the world.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily think they thought like that. I think they thought like, hey, you know, hey, tractor trailers. You know there's a problem with the tractor trailer driver might be falling asleep, So let's create something where we can drive our own trucks. They don't have to worry about it not realizing that you're taking so many jobs from tractors, from truck drivers, or if somebody's doing a heart surgery, you know, if a doctor's hand is not as steady, you know, we create a machine that makes a steady type of hand. I don't think they necessarily thought they would create, you know, destroying humanity.
Speaker 2: The biggest issues with tests that what was number three test? But they don't have number three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, number three is the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 10: And they actually played a clip during the testimony of what it sounds like when somebody's voice is endorsing someone else, and so they use that as an example.
Speaker 4: And so this actually got a lot of bipartisan support.
Speaker 10: So Republicans and Democrats are both at least on the same page with this, but it has not been a resolution at this time.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's the last couple of months.
Speaker 3: If you thought you saw misinformation run ramping in twenty sixteen, if you thought you saw misinformation run ramping in twenty twenty, wait till next year when you put chat, GPT and ay in the midst of the presidential election.
Speaker 2: Well that should be banned.
Speaker 1: Like if you use other people's voices and other people's anything without them that you should be you should have to go to jail. If you use somebody else's voice as for a song or to say, you know, I promote that person, you should go to jail for them.
Speaker 10: So you said so Timberland should go to jail for the biggie he did the biggie jams.
Speaker 2: If you use somebody else's voice for not yes, you should be in trouble for that.
Speaker 1: You should be able to get su That's not right, that's not right without getting the proper approval from the estate.
Speaker 2: I don't think Timberland was putting it out to get paid.
Speaker 1: But if anything like that that's on iTunes title of any of those those things, and it's ai no, they should be able to.
Speaker 4: Get how they gonna prove it like they gonna know.
Speaker 2: I mean some of it, some of it you're gonna know. It's big.
Speaker 3: Like when you hear Joe Biden say if you niggas don't know whether to vote for me or Trump, your niggas ain't but you never know.
Speaker 4: The shop you never know, and that you never know with Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: That is your front page news. Now, our test we'll see you in a couple of minutes. Absolutely, get it off your chest. Eight HUNDREDNK five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Ray right, ray, yo, charlote mac Damfy what up are we lit? This is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool, door pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 13: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 14: We live.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 16: What's the word envious?
Speaker 13: Mellow?
Speaker 2: Mellow? What's up? Where you've been out here? For stranger?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 17: I'm not even gonna hold you.
Speaker 13: I broke my hand a little while back.
Speaker 17: I've been recovering, but not I mean agetting outside.
Speaker 2: Said you brought your hand?
Speaker 13: Yeah, bro, how you break your hand?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 17: I got through rya man, but I'm just happy I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Word God, bless you man. Talk to nah man.
Speaker 17: We need to stop with this AI stuff, bro. Like the only AI we acknowledging is Alan Everton. Have y'all not seen our robot? I'm not want to go through that like sham, bro, they use the oldest information, they game on us for a future enslavement and I'm not here for it.
Speaker 3: Well that's all fault too, though, because we've been giving away all this free data for the last twenty plus years on social media. So if you think you haven't been cloned, you out of your damn mind.
Speaker 17: Oh no, I've definitely been cloned.
Speaker 16: Just lit we outside, you know the.
Speaker 13: Vib but just so you know me and we locked in?
Speaker 17: Ill better locked in with doors before it's too late.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how generations you could flip that to we outside, you know the vibes, Like how did that turn into we outside?
Speaker 2: You know the viob I don't know. Hello, Yo, what up morning? Get off your chest?
Speaker 16: So I'm trying to get off my chest. All these good dads out here get drugged through the mud by their baby ma, or we don't get the recognition that we deserve.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll shout to all the good dads out.
Speaker 16: There, Yes, sir, coming up everybody. Everybody's doing their best. And you know, these mother's just be trying to do us dirty even though we're doing our best. And and they be doing every thing on the side, and and everybody just wants to forget about that.
Speaker 2: You got baby daddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah I got two of them.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah they're good.
Speaker 4: No, no, well one of them trying to be he better than where he used to be. He's my daughter.
Speaker 2: Older now okay, okay, okay, yeah, how old is your daughter?
Speaker 4: Sixteen?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So you don't want to shout out you couldn't shout out your good baby daddy?
Speaker 5: I mean no, hell okay, no miss a bad baby daddy though, just when you're not provided.
Speaker 4: They're just a bad baby daddy. I went through someone.
Speaker 14: But is he dead though?
Speaker 18: Is he?
Speaker 2: Is he he there now?
Speaker 4: Work sixteen now, paid the daycare.
Speaker 5: He wasn't doing all what he doing now, But I still appreciate him being there now for and whatever their relationship is.
Speaker 2: Now, they're about to hit you up now that they know you're getting that money. He about to come at you for some moneth.
Speaker 5: But they've been trying to be slid, you know, come popping up and being more active with my daughter.
Speaker 4: Like I'm like, whaa, he gave you how much money? I couldn't believe, I said.
Speaker 5: I couldn't get nothing out of him, damn nothing, even when I stayed in my base on my income apartment, Like it was like two dollars a month.
Speaker 4: I was like, just give me twenty four dollars for you know what I'm saying for the next two years.
Speaker 2: That you had in the apartment for two thousand month.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I said on my bas on my income apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they let you pay two thousand a month.
Speaker 5: It was two thousand a month, two dollars a month. I paid two thousand month when I was on my based on my income.
Speaker 2: What kind of apartment was it? Was it nice?
Speaker 19: It was?
Speaker 4: It wore when I first moved out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, based on your income, So what was your income?
Speaker 14: Zero?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five. If you need to vent hit is up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning now. Co host Erica Dutchess is here the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: It's a new day.
Speaker 2: Is your time to get it off your chest? Wait up, whether you're mad or blass, time to get up and get something Call up now. Eight hundred five five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this? Get up your chest heavy?
Speaker 13: Ask you a question, bro, Yes, sir, if somebody would cause and request of songs you never heard before, where you play it.
Speaker 2: I don't pick the music that that plays in the morning. I don't know if you.
Speaker 3: Realize that he does have our program. No, he has a tegment called the People's Choice. During the People's Choice, Mickey claims to take requests. Don't let him lie to you like my mix?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do take your question. But what's up? But I talk to us rapper?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, But man, y'all need to play more positive music on the radio. Man, we got too much stuff going down here. Keep supporting rappers who keep talking about killing all the time, like who like Who like me? For one KG. There's a song called nine to five talking about work, and I have a song called take your Butt to School talking to the kids, tell them to go to school. Nice songs playing playing, they're playing around the world. You know, uh, they don't spotify stuff. But like, y'all need to play more positive stuff, man, like you want to wear a message out here. I'm a louver man and it's killing every day.
Speaker 1: Huh, I said, I want you do some balls while we got you on polls in the morning, that'll.
Speaker 13: Make you hard because your pants ain't get down to your shoes. That'll make you hard because you got a grilling rocket. Then let you it'll make you hard till I looked up. When you're really not looking cool, you want to do something hard in the homy, take your butt to school. Now, gone to school and learn something. To be worried about being on the block trying to burn something, because while the other catches on the block having the gurn something, you'll be educated having the power to earn something. This is what you're young catch pay the attention while I'm staking it. The only thing comb up by an education this and it's good. It could be smart. Be your way of benefit because you can be from the streets. You ain't got to live and go. I get pass something lingo and get the grill. But I promise let home beat that on.
Speaker 3: Me that you being in rial like you, like you like a positive mumbo rapper. Like we know that there's a message there. We just can't hear it all the time.
Speaker 2: Some of the made.
Speaker 13: Hey, I'll tell you what, Charla Man, don't look the song up online and listen to it and then you tell me what you think.
Speaker 2: You Eric as a comedian. You made her laugh. You gotta be honest. It was trash. Trash, man, it was trash. It was positive, but it was trash.
Speaker 3: You can't call it just like when somebody hand you a pamplet of Jesus in the street. You can't be like, ay, it's pampling. Whack, it's a pample of Jesus.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? So you don't never throw it out?
Speaker 3: No, hell no, I don't take it because I know I don't want to throw it up. I'm just like, oh, no, thank you. I'm muzzled.
Speaker 2: I'm bustling. Hello.
Speaker 13: Was this It is a deed from Orlando?
Speaker 2: What's up? De g your chest?
Speaker 17: Hey, hey man, you know I actually wanted.
Speaker 20: To get some off my chest about the John Moran situation. And uh, I think what Charlomagne saw, and I believe it was yesterday or the day before. They need to get some men around him who have successfully done it, and they need to go tour the league in the NFL, and they need to show John Moran all the wasted talent for those who have tried to play it off in the streets. They need you need to see like what Delonte West went with all these other talents that have went to.
Speaker 13: The street.
Speaker 3: That Delante was not a good example because he had he had mental health issues. But what I what I was saying was, you know, you can't use the excuse that John Moran is young, because there's too many examples in the industry that he's in of people who've done it right.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He has to want the help, Like you just can't say, Okay, I'm I'm gonna be your mental. He has to want a mental He has to want somebody that's gonna help him out and guide him.
Speaker 2: Like he just he just can't put a guy in his car and be like, this is a good guy.
Speaker 17: You can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, his grown ass man. At the end of the day, I know right from wrong.
Speaker 5: And I at first when he first did it, I had I was kind of like being kind of symplomatic for him and stuff.
Speaker 2: Empathetic.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's that's that's the word what you said. So but the second time, it's like, I give up.
Speaker 2: Because the first time was a mistake. The second time is a choice. You know better. That's it.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even have no gun in my car. That's right that you're getting money. You're getting paid. I mean after you you you know, people looking up to you, you have like sponsors and all this good stuff going, like, bro, come on just to be what you I don't get it. I don't know if you want to be hard or imagery trying to just make yourself look like to other people.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's really just that simple.
Speaker 3: And then at the end of the day, Uh, there's nobody responsible for Job Morant except for John Morant, not his friends, not his dad. Everybody talking about Joab Morant hanging out with the wrong crowd. Seems to me like John Morane is the wrong crowd.
Speaker 5: Right rightn't nobody putting no pistol to it here and be like, do this, bro?
Speaker 4: He did he doing his seller again? You did it again?
Speaker 2: Like you don't care? That's right?
Speaker 1: Well, Erica Duchess is here our guest co hosts, and get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five. When we come back, we gotta talk more John Moranth. The NBA speaks about it in John Moran. Uh, he releases a statement, so we'll talk about it when we come back. In the rumors so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's theej env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Erica Dutchess here, and let's get into some front page. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Chef G and Sleepy Hallow.
Speaker 2: A lot of names, or you've gossip been chatting god, this is the rumor report. I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: This is where the tea spells, right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now on front page of the Daily News in New York City today, there's a picture of rappers Chef G.
Speaker 2: Now, Rapper Chef G, Chef G.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you Rapper Chef G and Sleepy Hollow have been arrested yesterday.
Speaker 2: If you don't know them, you might know this song right here. You never heard this record in my life?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's like a top top five record, the five record away in New York everywhere.
Speaker 2: I never heard this record. Waller, never Sleepy Hollow, tip tip, I heard a sleepy I've heard of Sleepy Hollow.
Speaker 1: Well, well, they were arrested yesterday and we have actual the report of why they were arrested.
Speaker 21: Prosecutors say those gang members shot at rivals in broad daylight and then bragged about it on social media. At the center of it all, two well known rappers from Brooklyn, rappers Chef G and Sleepy Hollow, are accused of helping carry out violence against rival gang members in Flatbush and Crown Heights.
Speaker 2: Police say they.
Speaker 21: Are members of the Crips. The two rappers were among thirty two alleged gang members charged today in a one hundred and forty count indictment, the DA saying the gang is linked to twelve shootings and one murder, which was caught on camera.
Speaker 2: You know what's that. I've never heard of Sleepy I never heard of Chef G.
Speaker 3: The only reason I heard the Sleepy Hollow is because didn't you get released from prison earlier this year?
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, And they asked me to do an interview with him when he got released from prison.
Speaker 2: I never had heard of Hi until he that he I was like, I don't even know who that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's The kids very love him a lot, and he has a bunch of huge records that are on stream and I mean I think that record stream like one hundred and twenty five million, two ondred million records. So but they were arrested yesterday twenty one guns taking off the street and a huge uh site.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been hit with the RICO.
Speaker 4: But they did to day.
Speaker 5: Sellecay was on Instagram. They did, didn't They say, somebody went live?
Speaker 2: I see you hear that part. By the way, I ain't heard that either, but it's not about right and yeah.
Speaker 4: You read it again. I thought, well, it.
Speaker 1: Would charged with conspiracy commit murder in the second degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the second deary played again.
Speaker 2: Let's see if.
Speaker 21: Prosecutors say those gang members shot at rivals in broad daylight and then bragged about it on social media. At the center of it all two well known rappers from Brooklyn Rappers.
Speaker 4: Chef J Retard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, they spoke about it on social media and then told you, I don't even like to talk about these brothers when they getting situations like that because I wasn't talking about them before. I didn't even know who they were, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm glad J Cole, you know, addressed that on that new record of All My Life on the Little Dirk record, he said something similar to that, like, you know a lot of times these guys get killed or they end up in prison, and.
Speaker 2: Then we mentioned them. I wasn't talking about them before, yea live on the front page, on the page, excuse me, front page of the paper.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: John Morant released a statement yesterday. He said, I know I've this is report today this morning.
Speaker 1: I know I've disappointed a lot of people who have had supported me. This is a journey, and I recognized there's more work to do. My words may not mean much right now, but I take full accountability for my actions. I'm committed to continuing to work on myself.
Speaker 2: You didn't disappoint me. You disappointed yourself.
Speaker 4: Right right. You got a little girl, you know, you got your family that you just that's just crazy to me.
Speaker 3: You're throwing you're throwing away money. You're disappointing your generational wealth. That's you're disappointing. You ain't disappointing us.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, Adam Silva, who the NBA commissioner, he spoke about this yesterday on ESPN.
Speaker 2: This is what he said.
Speaker 6: We talked directly about the consequences first, before we got to a subsequent potential to have done something wrong. We were very focused on the misconduct that was in front of us at the time, and frankly, most of our conversation was about how incredibly serious the first incident was of waiving a firearm, you know, on social media again, you know, and the consequence is there an eight game suspension was pretty serious and something that he, at least to me, seemed to take incredibly seriously. Honestly, I was shocked when I saw this weekend that video. Now we're in the process of investigating it and we'll figure out exactly what happened to the best we can then, but I'm assuming the worst.
Speaker 2: You Know, what's crazy to me is.
Speaker 3: Everyone who keeps making excuses for John Morain, Like, how are y'all okay with watching his brother just throw his life away, all his money.
Speaker 2: This brother is losing all the.
Speaker 3: Potential, you know, trouble and danger he's putting himself in, and y'all are making excuses for it instead of just you know, saying, hey, man, hold yourself accountable and.
Speaker 2: Let's really, really really do better moving forward. You're not gonna do.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna do better moving forward if there's not consequences and repercussions to his actions and if he has to hold himself accountable in a real way. Because if you think the NBA are not about to come down hard on them, you out of your damn mind. But you know what I was thinking about yesterday. So you know, he does have a right to own a gun, right, that is your two A Amendment right. But as a basketball player as rich as Jahn Moran is and as famous as he is, would he really want.
Speaker 2: To shoot somebody?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he want to really want to risk it all? Do you remember instead of just paying for security.
Speaker 3: But it's not even about just owning the gun. It is the string of incidents that John mort has been involved in. It's not just these two times he's flash guns on Instagram Live And why you just recklessly flashing guns? Do we not remember pleaxtical birds lout the practical birds? But that's that situation.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't flashing the gun. He was just had it on him and it went off off You think something like that couldn't happen to.
Speaker 4: You know, he just got the gun.
Speaker 5: You already just thinking the worst, you know, perception is reality at times, you know, so I just thought I just don't get it. Maybe y'all need to invite him up here to the show, because you know, y'all have this platform and men seem to open.
Speaker 2: Up a lot. You said, you said, you said, no women calling.
Speaker 4: No women called up to today, none at all.
Speaker 5: I have now heard one woman bent today, and I know we've been going through a lot. He me and this man just called his baby mama on left or I'm like, dang brother. The other guy wanted to be a rabble like man, play my music.
Speaker 4: Bro, Like what is going on?
Speaker 2: Ericson man? These men. It's a safe space for y'all because you and be showing you'll.
Speaker 5: Other sides side, you know, like today you picked up my person and stuff with one finger.
Speaker 2: You know who did that? Erica wasn't me? I did that. I was passing it to you.
Speaker 4: No, no, you are you had passed me?
Speaker 6: You had?
Speaker 2: I was saying, right, Dad, he was walking around with one finger. He was loving it. I hl I h I hhall all right, well that is your room of report. When we come back. We got front page news.
Speaker 1: Tell them figure will be joining us, and then DJ Cassidy will be in the buildings.
Speaker 2: Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, of course. On b et the Breakfast Club, your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: With audio titles on business, career, advice, fitness, and more, Audible keeps you inspired whatever you're looking for. Check out all the audiobooks, podcasts, and originals you could ever want, all in one place. Sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club owing everybody's.
Speaker 1: Dej nv charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Erica Dutch, is joining us this morning. And let's get in some front page news now the quick sports. The Nuggets beat the Lakers last night one six and the number one draft he was getting. The number one draft pick will be the San Antonio Spurs about to draft that alien. Yes, Victor Byah, that's right. I don't know how pronounce that man from overseas. I think he's from France. He's seven foot two, seven foot three, he has like a six foot nine wingspan, tall as hell. He can dribble, he can shoot, he gets busy, so it looks like San Antonio is gonna be looking good next year.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, now testing figure. Oh, good morning, good morning. Now we gotta jump right into it.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 2: Sorority sues a US university.
Speaker 10: Why yeah, they are suing a university because a trans woman got aroused in their company.
Speaker 4: I was trying to be going to my newsboys talking about when they were doing the what's that.
Speaker 2: Doing something with her fingers?
Speaker 4: You know, they didn't know this was in the bathrooms. Another one, Okay, it's another one.
Speaker 10: A group of sorority sisters have found a lawsuit against their college after a trans woman was granted permission to move into their sorority house. Now, one of the members has asked the sorority management to ensure that the house is preserved as a female only safe space, and a number of members raised concerned about raised concerns about shared bathroom facilities which have no locks.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 10: Miss Langford, who is six feet two inches, does not currently live in the house, but according to the residents, she has spent a significant amount of time there and has been granted permission to move in from September. The women that have fouled the lawsuit claim that miss Langford has been visibly aroused in their community.
Speaker 4: They also yes, they also said that.
Speaker 10: They felt uncomfortable and in constant fear in the house when she was present. Now here's what one of the members of Kappa Kapa Gamma has to say, and we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 4: Man, are we gonna hear the audio?
Speaker 12: I cant It's a weird, got wrenching feeling that every time I leave my room there's a possibility that all walked past them in the hall of her setting that maybe in and it's never pleasant encounter. And that's the scary part. It's it's a weird feeling just to know that I could run into him anytimes, full access to the house. But this just goes to show like we need women's faces for that reason.
Speaker 2: That is wild, man, that is wild.
Speaker 4: What part is the train I don't know.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a white already sounds like a white sorority. But could you imagine waking up in the morning and then the trends will like those men do in the morning, and then.
Speaker 3: She Man, if you got a penis and you around women and you know, you get sexually aroused, that penis gonna jump up whether you want it to or not.
Speaker 5: Okay, right right, and it and it appears on the color because the lady that will speak, I could tell she was a white lady.
Speaker 4: So if it's the trains but kind of black and she's seeing that big old black like.
Speaker 5: Thing, that's that you said, yes, that she probably get a little disturbed because it's probably kind of tempting.
Speaker 3: To You said, did the sorority want the trans woman in the house or did that law whatever force them to have to?
Speaker 10: Uh this, they actually admitted her to the sorority. Uh, and so this is actually someone that Yeah, and the they're they're they're happening back and forth with leadership. Leadership has said that basically, you know, we treat I'm paraphrasing, we treat everybody fair, and you know, a trans woman should have an opportunity to pledge as well and be a part of the sorority.
Speaker 4: So, uh, that that's the larger issue, and then larger issue.
Speaker 2: That sorority shouldn't complain now.
Speaker 10: What you have for Yeah, and then you're gonna see that a lot across the board though, because there's been a lot of folks who have talked about you know, uh, they've admitted a lot of gay folks to you know, male sororities, and you know, obviously you have gay people across the board. We all know that, but there's always been the slippery slope of what happens next when trans folks also want.
Speaker 4: To be in soort.
Speaker 10: So this person is actually a part of the sorority. But the problem was they said they don't feel like she should live in the.
Speaker 19: House with them.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like the gay issue would be as complicated as the trans issue, because I mean, if you're a gay man, you're still a man, so you know you would you with a male sorority, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it's the trans woman issue. You bring a penis into that sorority house, it's gonna be some woodies in the moment.
Speaker 5: It's a trans I'm confused because I just went to Dad in Atlanta for the Strength of the Roman Festival. They had a Proud ball. Then that was my first time ever going to like something like that. Ever, I ain't never been to No Proud, No Proud ball. And when I say they was like stunting, like dripped out dressed.
Speaker 4: To the teeth. I mean the girls was doing it and I didn't see no print. I didn't see nothing. I would look them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I And just to your.
Speaker 10: Point of Charlayne, when you said you don't think the gay issue would be an issue, I just want to point out that speaking of Atlanta in Morehouse, remember early on back in two thousand and nine, they had issues. It was a big issue about cross dressing, about gay men coming to class and heels and purses.
Speaker 4: Or pocketbooks as they calls it.
Speaker 10: So that has been something that they talked about on appropriate a tire policy as well. So you would think that it may not be an issue, but it has been, you know, some concern.
Speaker 2: There could be a discraction, I guess is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: But if they don't have a dress code, it's hard to say what somebody can wear. If there's a dress code, you got to you gotta stay with the dress code guidelines. But if there's no dress code and somebody wants to wear heels, they can wear here.
Speaker 4: They can do whatever they want.
Speaker 10: Well, they never had a dress code for more House men saying not to wear heels, you know, So that's the that's the whole thing changing the dress code, and how do you train the dress code now to adjust to the diversity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dress code wouldn't bother me with them hard penises just walking around.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Imagine your daughters in the sorority and there's a bunch of hard penis house.
Speaker 2: But your daughter is telling you, I have a problem with this.
Speaker 1: Like your daughter, the girl is saying, I have a problem walking through the hall and seeing the hard people.
Speaker 2: I don't have nobody don't have.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 4: I want to know why is it hard all the time?
Speaker 2: What you meant a penis around all these women?
Speaker 4: But I'm saying they he hard? You don't like women though, like that you don't.
Speaker 2: You're not confusing.
Speaker 10: I don't know some translate women no no to be a transports transit.
Speaker 4: Like doing like that stuff like he ain't.
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't have no sympathy, as Erica said, for that sorority, because.
Speaker 2: They knew what they get. You got him Min's there.
Speaker 5: So don't be mad now because y'all don't somebody don't need a flip or something on made him. I'm going to rise up and if you didn't know what you was getting, into you know now exact Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is Front Page News. That's right.
Speaker 3: Make sure you check out Testling Figures podcast. It's great shot. No chase the podcast on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network.
Speaker 1: All right, and when we come back, DJ Cassidy will be joining us. I'm sure you saw his past and mic show on b ET and we're gonna kick it with him next.
Speaker 2: So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club, everybody. It's DJ n V Charloamage the God. We are to Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building. We got DJ Cassidy.
Speaker 2: Cassidy, what's up, brother?
Speaker 19: How are you?
Speaker 2: Sarah bless Black and Holly Favorite, how are you?
Speaker 19: I'm very well.
Speaker 3: How are you, Envy, I'm doing well. I don't believe you're a real person. Cassidy. I believe you're artificial intelligence.
Speaker 19: I'll take it.
Speaker 2: You move very robotically like.
Speaker 19: I'll take that. I'll take that intelligence. Anything with intelligence is a good thing, true, absolutely, I'll take intelligence.
Speaker 1: So for people that don't know who DJ Cassidy is, who is DJ Cassidy, Where did you get your start and what influenced you to be a DJ's great question.
Speaker 19: I asked my parents for turntables for my tenth birthday.
Speaker 2: Now, where are you from? For people that don't know, I'm from New York City?
Speaker 19: Where at New York I'm from the Upper East Side in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 19: I was always infatuated with hip hop since as far as I can remember, and I want to turn tables as my way to contribute to the culture.
Speaker 2: Now, what was your first artist? What was your introduction into hip hop?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: What made you start loving?
Speaker 19: So? Oddly enough? When I was I have a memory from when I was about three or four years old and I was at my grandmother's house. I was napping in my stroller and I remember waking up from that nap and the movie Breaking was on TV.
Speaker 2: At what age three or four years old?
Speaker 19: I remember this, I can actually picture it, and somewhere along the line, my grandmother recorded the movie for me and I became infatuated with that movie. And you know, for those who don't know, that movie is a West Coast movie, so kind of an odd, you know, introduction into hip hop. But I soon there after became infatuated with Run DMC and Jam Master J and then I learned about Grand Master Flash, Coolhark and Africa Bambada. I was never into comic books or sports, so those three guys became like my superheroes. They were larger than life. And I was a hip hop kid, and I asked my parents for two turntables and a mixer for my tenth birthday. DJ Cassidy was born, and I thought to embrace hip hop you had to unembrace everything else. And I only wanted to play hip hop music.
Speaker 2: Why DJing and that rat?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: What made you go towards the DJ.
Speaker 19: To be honest, I don't know. I just became infatuated with that. I saw it and it called me. And those same two Technique twelve hundreds that I got for my tenth birthday are the same two I have today.
Speaker 1: Oh so your parents bought you tech me twelve hundreds for your Birthnique twelve hundreds's ten years old.
Speaker 19: And the same Technique twelve hundreds that I have today I got.
Speaker 2: Geminis is my first turn.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, was it difficult for you starting off DJing because people would look from the outside to say, well, he's not black, he's not from the culture. Was that difficult back then doing those type of parties and venues and events.
Speaker 19: You know, I don't think it was difficult. I just you know, I was always myself. I always wanted to contribute to the culture and to celebrate the culture. And I found that if I was true to myself and true to the music, that everything would pan out the way it was.
Speaker 2: Meant to be. And I think it did. I was going to add white help you.
Speaker 19: You know, it's a very interesting question. I guess. My first answer is I don't know. I think when you're a fish out of water, sometimes you stick out, and when you stick out, perhaps it's easier to get attention at first, and then it comes down to how you deal with that attention and what you do.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: Remember first hearing of you didn't know who you were, right, but you're retiring who you were right because you were known around the city with the hat that you wear now and usually a bota. Was that something that you wanted to do, like that, that was your thing so people, so you would stand out from everybody else.
Speaker 19: Yeah, So the voter hat started a long time ago at this point, I don't even remember when, not in my teens, but at some point in my twenties, I always wanted to look like something. I always thought that when you were on stage, that it wasn't only important how you sounded, but how you looked, because the people that I looked up to looked like something. If you draw a silhouette of Michael Jackson, you don't need any facial features. Everyone around the world recognizes an outline of his body based on his pants which were short, and his hat sometimes and the way he stood on his toes, and the same with run DMC. And those are my idols. You know, you could draw them. You know, to this day, if an alien came from outer space and said what is hip hop? Even through the evolution of hip hop and style and fashion, I would still probably show them a pickture of run DMZ. To me, that still looks like hip hop obviously, you know, it's completely evolved, you know, the way we dress and walk and talk. But I would still probably show them a picture of run DMC.
Speaker 1: You know, when you look yourself up or we google you, the first thing, one of the first things that says is you were founded by Diddy? So how did was Diddy one the one that push you to the forefront where you founded by Diddy?
Speaker 2: Did he find you? Explain that story? How you and Diddy's relationship is so good.
Speaker 19: Puffy had a profound effect in my life. I was nineteen years old DJing at a club in New York called Lotus on fourteenth Street and Ninth Avenue, and it was the hottest club in New York. And I had just got a night there. But it was like the whack night in like the basement, and I was playing the whack room on the whack night on a rainy night, and it was like three in the morning, and I'm playing the soul classics of the seventies and eighties. So for those who don't know what that means, Michael Jackson, Stevie One, the Prince, Sleuthor Van Droth, you know, Shaka, and Puffy comes out of the corner of the room and starts dancing by himself. And you know, for a nineteen year old at that point in the year two thousand, that's like, you know, God just walked to the dance floor, the King of New York, the king of all parties, the king of hip hop. And I remember him dancing past four am. And the manager of the club, coming up to me and saying, I assume you want to keep going. I'm like yes. He walks out around five in the morning, walks by the DJ booth and says, who's the DJ. I say, I'm the DJ. And he says, who's been here all night playing all these old records?
Speaker 2: I said me.
Speaker 19: So he looked at me crazy.
Speaker 2: You are white and young?
Speaker 3: Young?
Speaker 19: Yeah, both probably, And he wrote down his name and number, Puffy and a nine one seven number on a napkin and said call me tomorrow. So I was a freshman at and white. You have a heart on it too, stupid man, I'm knocking. Yeah. So I was so nervous to call. Finally I called it and I got a voicemail and said, God is the greatest beep. I stuttered through this message. I didn't know what I said. It was the most inarticulate message I've ever left in my life. So I said, you know what, He's not going to call back, but all right, it's a start. So went back to class, came out of the next class, and I had a voicemail from an assistant saying, Hi, I'm calling for Sean Puffy Combs, please call us back. So I took the train back to my mom's. I said, Mom, he called me back. I locked myself in room. I called back and I was like, Hi, it's DJ cass and I said hold on please, and he came right on the phone.
Speaker 2: Wow. He's like, yeo, what's up, playboy. I'm like, what's up?
Speaker 19: Puff? You know, like I had no idea what to say, and he's like, how old are you? I was like nineteen? I think I was nineteen nineteen And he said, how do you know how to play those records like that? And I said like what and he goes like you live them? And I didn't know at the time what that meant. And now, in retrospect, probably one of the greatest compliments I've ever received.
Speaker 1: All Right, when we come back, we got more with DJ Cassidy, you know him from his past the mic show on b ET, So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club, Good Morning Owning. Everybody is DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with DJ Cassidy. You know, he has to pass the Bike's show on b ET and now he's taking it on tour. Who is the biggest person you've played for, would you say, is well, certainly Obama. I was the first DJ to ever play a presidential inauguration. I was the first DJ to ever play at the White House. I DJed Barack Obama's first inauguration, second inauguration, fiftieth bird.
Speaker 2: How was that cool?
Speaker 19: That kind of call was a evolution. You know, it wasn't him who requested me the first time, but by the second time.
Speaker 2: It was got.
Speaker 19: You were the only DJ, only DJ at all these things. His fiftieth birthday at the White House, Michelle's fiftieth birthday at the White House, A random party at the White House with Prince just because they wanted to have a party with me and Prince. I mean, I remember getting a call from the Social Secretary of the White House saying, the President is planning a party for the First Lady's fiftieth birthday, but he wants to make sure that you're available before we choose a date. I mean, mind boggling phone calls.
Speaker 2: You charge? He charged the President?
Speaker 19: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, you can't charge Barack.
Speaker 19: I don't.
Speaker 2: I would I did, got the budget?
Speaker 19: I didn't you know?
Speaker 2: Did you have charge? Because I know it had to cross your mind.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you know, don't like talking about money, Yeah yeah, but but those you know, I don't say those things lightly, you know, I spit them out. But those nights at the White House, of which there were over a dozen, were the greatest nights of my life. I mean, I remember standing in the Red Room next to the party room calling my grandmother saying, Mama, I'm at the White House in the Red Room. The President's about to announce me on stage, and she bursts out in tears. The most surreal feeling to be there, just to introduce you.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 19: At his fiftieth birthday, Janelle Monet performed and like you'd imagine, ladies and gentlemen, Janelle money, Janelle, thank you so much. This is so amazing. I'm bringing to the stage my favorite DJ.
Speaker 2: Like that. I thought d Nice was Barack Obama's favorite DJ. You have more than one. I guess it's a big compliment just to hand out to people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 19: I mean. At his fiftieth Birthdaut tell you quick story. I get a tap on the shoulder. I'm about to go on same night, get a tap on the shoulder. Stevie Wonder wants to talk to you. So Stevie comes up to me and he goes, Cassidy, I want to surprise the President in jam with you. So I go, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. He goes, I want to do sign Sealed? Can you drop a beat for me? He straight up walks on this riser as the President's announcing me no talk of what we're doing. I have nothing cued up in serrato, and the President's like, oh my god, I think we have a surprise Stevie Wonder and DJ Cassid are you ready? And it happened in sixty seconds. I'm thinking, what could I drop loop instrumental? What do I have for signs to deliver? So I pull up Billy Squire big beat. Guys know what that is?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 19: Billy Squire was used for run DMC, Here we Go and for jay Z ninety nine problems. Okay, okay, So for those listening, it's a rock song from the seventies, but you know it from these epic songs ninety nine Problems, Here we Go. The first four bars is the Illis drum loop of all time, similar tempo to Signed Sealed. Whatever that is ninety five bpm.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 19: I pull up Billy. This is all happening in thirty seconds. I pull it Billy Squire, big Beat, chick a boo boo bo boom boom boo bah boo. And I don't have a loop set, so I'm actually going back and forth every four bars because you know, you would just have a loop, I would have to do it live right, nothing prepared. Stevie starts playing the chords to sign Seal Delivered. At that moment, I was like, I could die tonight.
Speaker 2: Question why not just play sign feel dilute of the DJ?
Speaker 19: Like, well, he said, drop a beat. I don't know. I got the impression he wanted some kind of cool improvisational he didn't want to sing over himself. But yeah, you're right in theory. I don't know. I got the impression that he would have looked at me like that's all you could come up with. So I'm going table to table like jam Master J did at the Funhouse in nineteen eighty three, to the one recording of Here We Go by Run DMC, which is not a studio, you know, it's like at the club. And I turned kind of like I pivot my face. I'm facing the crabit. I pivot to my left and it's jay Z, Chris Rock and Spike Lee nodding their head like this with that mean face we get in hip hop when we love a beat, and I just go, this might be the greatest moment of my life.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And you was one of the people who you know during COVID you were innovative and you came up with a pass the mic concept. Yes, how did that come?
Speaker 2: Aboup?
Speaker 19: So literally about three years ago, I'm facetiming with my friend and mentor of Verdeen White of earth Wind and Fire, and so we were facetiming in the pandemic and it was late one night. And for those who don't know Verteen White, he's like the long hair guy in Earth Wind and Fire bass player, founding member very Fly. So he's sitting on his couch and like black silk pajamas or something, and the earth Wind song That's the Way of the World comes on. My speaker is very low in the background, Heart's a Fire, Create Love Desire, and Verdein starts singing along like just oh hey, my song's playing and I got chills. That song gives me chills anyway, but it's like this crazy time in the world, and Verdein starts singing along and a light bulb went off. I was like, what if I could find a way to give people this feeling of connecting with their musical icons and heroes. And I immediately like, saw pass the Mic, And I was like, Vertina, I got to call you back. And I called my editor and I'm like, Ian, if I sat at the turntables and dropped a record, could someone sing along in real time? And he goes no, because they hear the music a few seconds later, so when you hear their vocal it won't be matching with the music. I said, we have twenty four hours to figure out how to make this work, and we figured it out. Everyone thought I was recording zoom. You can't record zoom. If you trigger the music on Zoom and the other person hears the music and sings when you get it back, it's not going to be in time. So we cracked the code, and I started calling all my legendary friends of the seventies and eighties and put together Past the Mic volume one with all these icons of the seventies and eighties and Honestly, I pitched it to like every website to premiere it. Just premiere it, like we're not talking TV, like put it on your homepage for an hour. Nothing be Et Essence, Vibe Complex.
Speaker 15: No one wanted it, and.
Speaker 19: I sent the video to Steve Rifkin, who, for those who don't know, legendary music impresario Loud Records, Wu Tang Clan Mob pun Akon and a dear friend. He watched it, called me and said, this is going to change your life. And it did, and I put out Volume one. After the first three episodes, there were over one hundred artists on three episodes. Steve Rifkin bought it to Jesse Collins and the next thing you know, it's a bet series of specials, and I did seven be Et specials of the show, and after ten episodes there were two hundred and twenty iconic R and B and hip hop stars on the show.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you explained that.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of people feel like you saw what Dean Nice was doing during the pandemic and you kind of jacked what he was doing to create past the mike. But I'm like, I feel like they were doing two different things.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it was two very different things with a similar spirit, and they were happening around the same time. And I started past the mic I think in April. I didn't premiere it till July. First of all, took me two months to make. I had to figure out the technology, and then once I made it, I didn't know what to do with it. It's not like I had a YouTube page with like a million subscribers. So the spirit, I think was very similar. The spirit using iconic hip hop and R and B to bring light to people during a dark time, and no one did that better than him. What he did in his kitchen, started in his kitchen was magical. And I've looked up to D for many years. I was a fan of D as a rapper before I ever met D. I met D in my low twenties and we've had a friendship ever since.
Speaker 2: Who started the hats? You nice?
Speaker 19: Those hats too, I couldn't tell you. I know when I started them, Yeah, but I don't know who started wearing for dooras first.
Speaker 2: Is the show still on be et Pass mic?
Speaker 19: No, So after the tenth episode, I decided to end it. It was clearly time to take it on the road. So July twenty first, I'm bringing the second installment in a series of one night only events to what I think is the most iconic concert venue, certainly in the country and probably in the world, Radio City Musical Wow. Because hip Hop turns fifty on August eleventh, I decided to unite twenty five icons of the golden era of hip hop all on one stage. You Got who You Got, Big Daddy Kane, Dougie, Fresh Rock Him, Slick, Rick, Black Sheep, Brand, Nubian Seal, Smooth Dana Dane, Lords of the Underground EPMD Foo Schnickens, Grand Master, Melly Mellon, Scorpio Kid and Play, Culmo d Curtis Blow, MC search, mc shan, Audio two, Money Love, Nice and Smooth onyx Roxane Chante, special Ed the Sugarhill Gang, Tretch of Naughty by Nature and special surprise guests.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 19: It's going to be historic. And if you grew up in our time, this is who we grew up listening to. You know, these are the artists that lie at the foundation of what became a global, world changing culture.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, Cassidy, we appreciate you, brother, and make sure you get your tickets. You're live twenty first Radio City Musical and thank you, brother.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 19: Thank you both. It's an honor to be here. And I want to thank the Black Promoter's Collective, Luci Rifkin, Martel Kognak and Power. I'm truly grateful and hope to see you all there, and thank you guys for doing what you do and for having me.
Speaker 2: All right, well, it's DJ Cassidy, It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlemagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club. We get our guest co hosts Erica Dutchess here, yes, indeed, hey, comedian actress and more.
Speaker 2: All that, all that, now, let's get to the rumors. Let's talk nice things. Name or you gossip chatting God, this is the rumor report. I mean, I guess were on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: This were the tea spills right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Nice thing, I said.
Speaker 1: Let's talk nice things like shout to her, you know her R and B artist For Mother's Day, she bought her mom some nice things.
Speaker 2: Brought her a Mercedes g Wagon, which was her dream car. Surprising my mom with her dream car. All right, y'all, we about to surprise my mom to oh my, it's yours.
Speaker 16: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: You gotta press the button, you know too much?
Speaker 2: Which is so dope.
Speaker 3: Man, that's beautiful, that's very what's the big what's the best thing you ever bought your mom?
Speaker 2: What's the biggest thing?
Speaker 13: Rather?
Speaker 2: Have you ever bought your mama car? The uh my mom's not really in the cars?
Speaker 19: Yes, I did what you bought.
Speaker 5: I was so happy a for fusion. That's what she always wanted for fusion. Well, yeah, during the pandemic, we got out that money.
Speaker 1: Okay, I bought my mama call before I said my mom on vacation. I bought my mom some some wood. I would have out had old uh wood, you bought some wood.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should say that.
Speaker 1: You bought your so woodd hardwood's going home with you?
Speaker 2: Popped man hard wood floors. Y'all, y'all you need p horse some then he popped some of your pink horse? How much raise? Hardwood floors was his name?
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 4: You would think it's so hard, you know, and the only thing you.
Speaker 2: Came up with was wood hard wood, Like, come on.
Speaker 14: What you doing?
Speaker 4: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Moment.
Speaker 5: Don't do me, Jane like my MoMA your neck, you know, but you know what, you probably knew she was going through something.
Speaker 4: Your dad not listen.
Speaker 1: No, it's take the carpet out and you put hardwood throughout the whole house. Yeah, I know, you know what forget your uh and shout to cash Dog. Cash Dog brought her Alexis truck. So congratulations to shout the cast off.
Speaker 2: For Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love cash Off.
Speaker 1: Angela Simmons brought her boot a Tesla truck. Angela Simons brought your gotta testa truck for his forty second birthday yesterday. I think they said forty two. Yeah you got yeah, So congratulations to uh and happy birthday to yo.
Speaker 2: Got it one nice thing?
Speaker 4: Test was a nice and what.
Speaker 2: Was the holiday Mother's Day? Okay, Mother's Day was Sunday? And got his birthday.
Speaker 4: Taurus.
Speaker 2: Now, Rick Ross might be having some problems with his car show. You can't wait to report this. Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Rick Ross might be having some problems with his car show at his crib in Fayetteville County, Georgia. It seems like the car show has been denied permits to actually have the show.
Speaker 2: What you call yesterday? And who you call?
Speaker 8: You been?
Speaker 2: Who you called? Telling true? Who you called now? Uh, they're reporting that.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: The neighbors were pretty upset because they said there was a lot of traffic brought to the area last year, and they said it brought the traffic to a complete standstill.
Speaker 2: I can see you eating the banana tip. I don't like this. I'm gonna drop a dome on this.
Speaker 4: It did, I stilled the street from ross you do?
Speaker 2: Oh, so you live in that neighborhood. So it's the was it the problem?
Speaker 4: It was horrible.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: According to documents obtained by Double XL, the permit was denied on Tuesday, yesterday, May sixteenth, by the county because it is not in compliance with the Fayeville County Zoning Ordinance.
Speaker 2: Now the resident of the neighborhood, Erica, me and Erica, why was it horrible?
Speaker 4: First of all, it's on All National.
Speaker 5: If you familiar with All National Faville, that part of Fabville turns in, it's a part of All National. And the street is so narrow, it's just one little street, like one long streets. So all those cars, it's nowhere to go. It's nowhere to put them, Like even though it's a parking lot, it's a parking lot. Like across the street floor wellwall stay like it's a plaza. It be so full, they're already be full by Like I think people be staying out overnight.
Speaker 13: Damn.
Speaker 2: So you're just trying to get home, like it might be trouble with you, just trying to get your yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Because it's one of it's just one of the Like there's just one street and all the cars parked on the side, parked on the other side.
Speaker 4: Then you got trucks, you got bands, food trucks. So it is kind of hard. But I mean, I mean, I hate that for him because.
Speaker 2: It do be lit lit when say he gonna do the show regardless.
Speaker 8: Breaking news, breaking news. The Rick ross cart showed June third, goes on, It must goes on. It's a private event on private property with VIPs and you're invited. Tickets still available online. It's gonna be a beautiful event. Shout out to the beautiful city.
Speaker 2: Of fair Hill.
Speaker 8: The success feels so much better when you go against everybody. Oh man, it's nothing like when you win in and know you did.
Speaker 3: It without Now can you do it without a permit? Because I mean, like you said, it is his private property.
Speaker 4: Right, I don't know that's location in a private I think he's probably just gonna do it somewhere else. Oh got you guys, But you don't want to miss Bill Police.
Speaker 1: It's just like, yeah, but my call shr Memphis is still going down at the same venue, same place. It is May twenty eighth and Memphis. We're gonna have calls from Young Dolph, calls from fifty cent Key Glock and myself and then Houston. We're doing it at the same venue. We're not moving at the Energy Stadium as well. The Driving Dreams call show Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 5: But why are you smirking when you say that? I mean I'm late, I mean I'm new here. So is it some tension with you and wrong?
Speaker 2: Plain to clip from yesterday? Right from Wrong? I know I'm gonna give you some contact Erica from Wrong.
Speaker 4: It's something because you so happy, like he was so happy.
Speaker 3: I was always the good brother Rick ross the good brother Rick Rosses on Our Good Brother Drink Champ Show.
Speaker 2: This is what happened Erica list.
Speaker 8: This is not one of those car shows where you come and if you win, they give you the fifty dollars plastic trophy if you go home. No, no, no, no no. This is where you get the network really boss up the chains and the keys that are giving you. This is damn that six figures that I'm gonna put.
Speaker 2: So someone wins a prize. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: You know, we got big boys coming from out of the country, from all over the you know, in the US, so it's gonna be a real huge event. I know we expected close to seven thousand people. Wasn't you an MV battling at one point?
Speaker 2: No, MVY was never on my level. I wouldn't do that the NV I rocked with MV.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, is he being honest? Do you give away plastic? I mean, I mean, do you got a point in it? I mean, what what prizes do you give that your.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just want to know, do you have a point? Answered Eric's question?
Speaker 1: Just no, we don't actually give away trophies. Hours is more community based. So if you have if your mother's Ford fusion, what you give him mon if she wanted to put a car in the show.
Speaker 2: She could.
Speaker 1: If Charlamagne's mom wanted to put the Honda Civic in the ship in the show, she could.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not just about balling.
Speaker 1: It's about you know, your first car that you ever got, that you put your money in your time to. We want to see those cars. We're gonna have the Ferraris and Bugtis. But it's a little bit of everything, so we don't do trophies.
Speaker 4: So he was right.
Speaker 2: You know, we told you two different levels, told different levels, y'all not.
Speaker 4: Even understanding was coming because he ain't talking. Those type of cars can't even come on here yard.
Speaker 1: He also charges five hundred dollars to get in. Yes, oh so, y'all most definitely sous minus for the people kids five and under three. My ticket price is started nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: He wasn't. He wasn't chumping you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he might not have.
Speaker 8: He might.
Speaker 4: He just said, I wouldn't even do it any like that.
Speaker 2: We ain't even on the same level.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: But on the reel, man, I hope ross works out.
Speaker 1: They should be able to let me on the real We've been on the reel the whole time, that we should They should have lined nobody.
Speaker 2: Wasn't never on the ril I joke. I joked about me and I ain't never been not on the ril I joke back in forever. But I want no. I'm just saying, I mean, we're joking about Ross. But I want us to be able to have it show. Shout the Ross.
Speaker 1: He supports my show, he gives me cast my show. We play and go back and forth. Fot I want Ross to be able to have it show.
Speaker 3: That's after y'all, after you do your next two car shows and he do it car show, you need to do a car show together if you want to.
Speaker 2: Right, if he, if he, if he would come down to your level, I don't think we could what because mine is more about family. He got that, looking got that looking at that, because mine is more about family. Has artist. He has performers and things like that. I stay away from that. I want kids. I want to make sure it's a family. I want the kids five years old.
Speaker 1: If I want your kids to play my kids in game and like it's it's totally two different things.
Speaker 2: Even though told me you be selling pre rolls in the back, but I ain't got nothing to do it.
Speaker 1: Definitely don't sell on pre rolls in the back. When we talk about telling talk about.
Speaker 2: Every year I do it. I do four year.
Speaker 1: Oh so I do Memphis this year, I'm doing Houston, we're doing Atlanta, and we're doing New York.
Speaker 4: Oh so you do it like full time.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Oh so you comeing Okay, I said, I'm gonna said, I mean, you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Folks talk that talk.
Speaker 5: Both times a year. Bomb you know what I'm saying four times a year while you're just doing the war time at Joe how I mean what one time at his house?
Speaker 4: I mean you got to you gotta go to Florida with it?
Speaker 2: How you get into this stop stop?
Speaker 23: I know, let me go stay right down street. All right, Well we give you a dog, he said, congratulates. Well give you a donkey.
Speaker 3: Two at four after the hour, Man, we need the University of Wyoming and uh Capitol Kapa Gamma Chapter to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: We'd like to have a word with him. What Wyoming's Kapa Kapa Gamma chapter. What they say they called it. I know what you said, but I go to college. What I said.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you said, but it wasn't the Captaya. All right, we'll do it when we come back to the breakfast Sloboding the Breakfast Club, your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: With audio titles on business, career, advice, fitness, and more, Audible keeps you inspired whatever you're looking for. Check out all the audio books, podcasts, and originals you could ever want, all in one place. Sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Yeah you are, I'm a fat and all that around your They want this man to.
Speaker 2: Top these gloves, to take the judgment.
Speaker 19: Who was going to be on the of the day. They chose you.
Speaker 2: There's a breakfast club bit you, Who's Donkey of the day today?
Speaker 3: Yes, Donkey today goes to Wyoming' to Kapa Kappa Gamma Chapter and the University of Wyoming.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard, they are being.
Speaker 3: Sued by their own Yes, seven members of the Kapa Kapa Gamma chapter are suing the Kappa Kappa Gamma Chapter and the University of Wyoming after a trans woman with granted permission to move into their sorority house. I can't make this kind of stuff up. These young ladies went on Megan Kelly to discuss.
Speaker 22: Let me hear some of it, Jim, what it was like for you, Gallas Hannah in there dealing with this obvious man but also one who's clearly getting aroused by just being around you. Can you give us some idea of what that felt.
Speaker 13: Like for you.
Speaker 12: It's a weird, gut wrenching feeling that every time I leave my room there's a possibility that all walk past them in the hall, whatever setting that may be in and it's never pleasant encounter. And that's the scary part. It's a it's a weird feeling just to know that I could run into him anytimes, full access to the house. But this just goes to show like we need women's spaces for that reason.
Speaker 3: Now, the reason I'm giving the Wyoming chapter of Kapa Kapa Gamma and the University of Wyoming the donkey of the Day is because the leadership of the sorority reportedly, allegedly, according to the lawsuit, told members that if they have issues with Miss Langford that they can just drop out.
Speaker 2: That's not how any of this should work.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is when I don't understand inclusion, because I thought inclusion meant creating a safe space for everyone. I thought inclusion meant making everyone feel comfortable. Is it really inclusion if you make the trans women feel comfortable and safe with disregard to feelings of the other women, the other women in the sorority. These women told Megan Kelly that they understand that trans women need to be protected and have their own space. I believe majority of us feel the same way. But the women argue that trans women such as Miss Langford moving into their house is not the answer. Look, I don't know what the answer is, but I don't want to staying how we live in a society that screams listen to women, believe all women. But then a group of women are telling you this makes them uncomfortable to have this young lady walking around with a hard penis, and we just tell them, if you don't like it.
Speaker 2: Then drop out. Why can't we have a conversation about this?
Speaker 3: Okay, I can totally understand the sorority accepting the trans woman into the sorority, But then after having this trans woman in the sorority and at the sorority house, if the women in the sorority are saying, hey, you know we are coming out the shower with just towels on, and this trans woman is just staring at us. And these women are saying, this young lady is visibly aroused. They can see a little pope coming through and that makes us uncomfortable. How are we then willing to punish the women that are complaining.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't we be listening?
Speaker 3: Shouldn't we be trying to figure out a way to include everyone without excluding anyone. You can't promote diversity and inclusion but then not include everybody. Okay, this feels like nobody cares about, you know, trying to do what's right. It just feels like everyone wants to push an agenda. And if several women are to the point where they are suing their own sorority, their own school, and they are going on a press run to discuss their issues, then.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe we should listen. Okay.
Speaker 3: In the lawsuit, the plane of for llegens that Miss Langford is sexually interested in women and uses tender to meet them and witness society, and the complaints said they've seen Langford sitting alone in private areas of the sorority house where she can get a close look at women walking by with a and she has a visible erection. Sometimes a pillow sits on Langford's lap, by the way, that is an og Man move. All right, there's nothing worse than getting an erection. Okay, Well you're not supposed to get an erection and praying. Nobody ask you to come here. Okay, So then you got to stand up and figure out what to do with your penis. So if there's a pillow, a run and you're gonna grab it to cover that thing up. But that's not what I'm trying to get across there. All I'm trying to say is you want to accept everybody.
Speaker 2: I get it. Okay, you want to accept Miss Langford. I get it.
Speaker 3: But when several members of the sorority start to feel like it's starting to get harder and harder and harder and harder to be around Miss Langford for all these reasons they're addressed in this lawsuit, can we at least listen and have a discussion without them allegedly being told if you have issues with Miss length, but you can just drop out. Come on, We're smarter than that, right, Please give y Yomen's Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter The Sweet Sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 14: Oh no, you are the dog of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 3: Maybe this lawsuit of uh, you know, stimp make a conversation happen. Maybe this is the only way to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kane can require her to wear like different types of underwear of pants that covers their erection or something or maybe not, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, just type it up.
Speaker 3: Nobody tapes it up. We don't tape alls of them now. We use we use the elastic around the sweatpants and put it to the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm somebody like trance though they do they tape.
Speaker 2: It up, okay, because he's a tramp, Yes, a baby, I don't know. All right, Well, thank you for that donkey today. Yes, b E C. We'll see you guys.
Speaker 1: Some more shouts to everybody on BT. Erica Dutcher say piece to b T, piece to b e T. All right, everybody else, all right, let's let's we spoke about something a little earlier earlier this morning, and we wanted to go to Breakfast Club Court.
Speaker 2: We got to take past to Jamal Bryan at the Breakfast Club Court.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, now if you're not aware of what happened. First of all, we got to set up Erica first. I'm gonna pen up the phone eight hundred five eight five one five one. I want to hear your thoughts on what you think, because we're gonna take this past at the Breakfast Club court, jam Erica duchess break down to the.
Speaker 2: Member of the ha ha mafia. You know what I'm saying, Long live O G. Clay.
Speaker 3: You know, Claire's took Erica under his wing, and you know Eric has been opening up for a little du ball for a long time now, and so this is what happened at og Clay's funeral.
Speaker 5: Yes, so at the funeral, Pastor Jamal Bryant did okay, right, And while he was talking, you know, usually they give people like a list of things or the person that had passed away to talk about. But I don't know if he got the correct list of what or he didn't know what funeral it was. Because during the whole summer he was talking about Donald Trump. Why we do not know why he was talking about Donald Trump for a long time Clay and Clay didn't even like Trump.
Speaker 2: Like that at all.
Speaker 4: So we we didn't get it.
Speaker 5: Then he was quoting a lot of people that's not our color quotes and stuff, a lot of white remember them, not at all.
Speaker 4: And then they had him hot cause you know.
Speaker 5: They had the bitch scream up there right, so they were highlighting them and sewing them with the white man picture on us. So everybody were all looking at each other like what is going on? Then he say then you know, he got really into it. He was like, yeah, and Clay been married to his wife for twenty some years. Then they showed the picture of Clay and supposed to being his wife.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even his wife.
Speaker 2: Lord have mercy.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Jamal was on or what we said. Well he bombed that he bombed.
Speaker 2: He said he bombed and t I gave him the light.
Speaker 4: T I gave him the light.
Speaker 5: And when you bomb, you know in the commun the world, Yeah, that means you you didn't do good. And a person that went before you, they you know they out did.
Speaker 2: Okay, open open the phone to the what is the question? Uh should pass Brian give some of the money back from all right?
Speaker 1: Well, he had his own agit that he's instead of talking about the old Jamal Brian is a guy.
Speaker 2: He can call up if you want to.
Speaker 1: I want to know who flew He thought he was all right, well, we'll talking about eight hundred and five eighty five when he had conversations about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: He posted the wrong woman. Should he have to give some of this money back?
Speaker 19: And is he just wrong?
Speaker 2: I'm just joking about the money? What is he just wrong? Do y'all think he was wrong?
Speaker 19: Definitely?
Speaker 2: I don't think she was playing with them. I don't think Erica was something.
Speaker 1: We talk about it when we come back. Let's talk about this to the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Go morning, the breakfast Club, panting everybody.
Speaker 1: It's dj en v Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co hosts, Erica Dutchess here. Now if you're just joining us, we're are in breakfast club court. Not for Erica, because she actually went to a funeral. Shout to the rest in piece of the old GG. If you don't know who Clay he was a management team to t I and Duval and Erica. And we're asking you know, we're taking his pastor to breakfast Club court because during his eulogy, the pastor.
Speaker 4: Kind of went left right, even went all the way left.
Speaker 2: I never heard nobody say pastor bomb.
Speaker 5: He bombed my pastor bomb Before we went did Chay one day? We were like, nah, they wasn't it pastor?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: You know, because you know, you really like motivational speakers, you know, stuff like that, and it can go back.
Speaker 2: What did Pastor Jamal Brian do that you didn't like?
Speaker 5: He was talking about Donald Trump going to jail, doing Clay funeral.
Speaker 4: At Clay funeral, Okay.
Speaker 5: Then he was talking about how long Clay being with his wife, and he was saying he was saying, like, you know, that's unaware nowadays.
Speaker 4: Who been with that woman?
Speaker 5: Twenty five years? Clay Evans? And then they showed the picture of Clay Evans and a woman That wasn't it.
Speaker 2: That wasn't your wife, damn.
Speaker 4: So we don't know what. We were all like, what in the world?
Speaker 2: So anybody say something to Pastor Jamal.
Speaker 4: I wanted to. But only person that stood up and did something with Tip, Tip gave him the light.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Tip said something to him.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he didn't say nothing to him.
Speaker 2: This is the first time past Jabal is hearing that he bombed.
Speaker 4: No no cause we a lot of put on his comments when he when he well, he posted it. He posted it on his page.
Speaker 3: Well, pastor Jamal a good guy, man, Patrijamal. If you out there listening and you want to call it man, feel free to. Let's go to the foce.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the phone. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 20: Twenty one day?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey mama, good morning, mama? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 12: My daughter?
Speaker 17: You should give him the don here of the day like I gave that Capital person.
Speaker 2: Come on, don't get a day.
Speaker 4: And that's a mama right there said that.
Speaker 2: That's right. Hello, who's this? Hey, Victoria? Good morning? What do you think about the pastor? What do you think about Jamal Bryant?
Speaker 7: That's so messed up like babies.
Speaker 5: He needs to give all the money that come on now, you need to give all the money back to the funeral, all the money that I don't.
Speaker 2: They do pass give money for the funer. I don't. If they paid him be giving some good sermons though you might have just had a bad day, he'd.
Speaker 4: Be heav he be, he'd be doing your thing. I don't know. It's because t I or whatever. I don't know him a t. I don't have a little run.
Speaker 5: In before the Yeah, well we were talking about went to church some one day and he passed the collection laid around five times.
Speaker 2: He wanted to.
Speaker 4: Yeah that that collect your play with around five time.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 7: So hello this Hi, this is I'm from Atlanta, so I know all about this. Like, okay, let me let you know first off, let's get think first, and scam linsa home of the scammers and the feness. If you've been here long enough, you're gonna get a little finess skilled past O'Brian. He could be like, I'm gonna do this, so he just finessed. He got the time of twenty four hours ahead of time. He didn't do his research the most could have done and have to write pictures and everything like.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm not gonna the right pictures. The most egregious thing I have mercy, I know, I know clay wife was.
Speaker 4: We all was like who is that?
Speaker 5: And then we found out later on it was a lady who on Clay did a podcast WITHO.
Speaker 2: Right now, no real what.
Speaker 5: Clay was doing, like he stayed in South Carolina and it was the work there he was on a podcast and it was one of the latest from the podcast.
Speaker 4: Will be and it ain't your wife and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: We all like, and I'm sure y'all don't know who it was at first.
Speaker 4: Didn't nobody know. We had to do our own research.
Speaker 5: Was so much going on at clay funeral man, Like Clay was a y'all know he was a character too, now he was. He was so funny, so I know he was up in heaven just like. But I felt like he wanted me to say something. I felt like, I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Hold you said, so say it now? What would you have said?
Speaker 5: I just want to tell Pastor Jamal Brian. I wanted to say, broun stop.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 5: He ain't even like Trump. That's what I want to say, And not to be rude to nobody else in he really didn't.
Speaker 2: Even like white people, you know what.
Speaker 4: I really wanted to say that like like boiling in the inside.
Speaker 5: And I was already going through something while I was that, right, I had got my hair like the night before, right and got my hair done and stuff, but I had an allergic reaction to the dye. So my hair was like just like puffing and stuff from the dye. So I was already dripping, dripping, like puss coming out my head. Yeah, yeah, like some kind of pussy.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I was trying to be I thought it was gonna be cute.
Speaker 5: It it started to pastor and Jamal Brian started farm.
Speaker 2: Preaching your hair.
Speaker 15: But I was born.
Speaker 4: I was born in the inside. So I think he did. I think he caused the reaction.
Speaker 2: We need to him. He just going to he just tuned it in. I'm gonna see if you want the car.
Speaker 5: And I know a good pastor used to love him. You know, he would mess with tweet and stuff like that, you know, messing with what with tweet?
Speaker 2: The artist tweet they used to go, used to say, you just say that type of stuff passed Jamal Broan. I don't know what the ever you're talking about.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 2: Now you go with tweet, you'll tell you with a tweet. With tweet, he had a running.
Speaker 23: With t Oops, oops, that goes yeah sure, missy, missy girl, Yeah tweet he a tweet dating that.
Speaker 2: Okay, google it all right.
Speaker 1: Erica Dutchess is here. She's our guest host. Eight hundred and five eight five one on five one were in Breakfast Club Court. We gonna see if we can get this pastor on the line. It's the Breakfast slog Good Morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest hosts, Erica Dutchess here. Uh now, if you just joined us, Erica was telling us about a pastor at a friend clean not just.
Speaker 3: The past that this path to Jamal Brian passor Jamal Brian ain't no joke, man.
Speaker 2: Let's not act like it's just some pastor.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, Erica Dutchess said that he bombed and he posted the wrong picture, and we put him at Breakfast Club Court.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we got his number, so we're gonna call him. That's called Pastor Jamal. That'sh it home.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you I'm familiar with Pastor Jamal Bryant. You know he did he did a sermon based off little Dubal Black Men Don't Cheat, you know the Joe Carlos Miller made that Duval turned into a song.
Speaker 2: He did a sermon about that. But then also I met him.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was the first time meeting him, but I met him at the Black Effect podcast festival that.
Speaker 2: I did in Atlanta a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 3: He came to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, cool. What well you got to ask miss we just can't put him on the so you asked, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Hell Pastor, what's up brother? This listen?
Speaker 3: If you don't want to be on the air, we understand, but I just got I gotta at least give you the opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Uh to speak your peace this morning. But tell me what happened, Erica.
Speaker 3: Telly, This is Erica Dutchess. Erica is from the Haja Mafia. She was one of Clay Evans comedians. She opens up for a little du ball and she was at the funeral and her words was that you bombed the euloge.
Speaker 2: You tell him what happened?
Speaker 15: Erica?
Speaker 5: Yes, Pastor, we just all want to know why when you were doing the you the eulogy, why were you talking about Donald Trump going to jail.
Speaker 2: And what else you said?
Speaker 4: And you would quote all.
Speaker 5: Those white men, Yeah, the white man quotes and stuff like that. And then when you were talking about Clay while you said Clay been with his wife twenty eight years, who's been with that, who's been doing that? And then when you showed the picture, it was Clay and another woman.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, put me on. Okay, go ahead, Pastor, you on. Good morning, good morning Brian on the d this morning, y'all, good morning Pastor.
Speaker 24: Good morning, Charlamagne, and good morning Erica. There was an old cartoon that said listening it is fundamental. It was right after reading It's fundamental, I opened up talking about Donald Trump being a bad man and Clay being.
Speaker 2: The polar opposite of it. So it was not just joined it.
Speaker 24: He was the framework of what we ought to be as black men, as counter to who Donald Trump is.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 24: Secondarily, the picture that was shown was a mistake of our media department. All of the pictures that we posted was sent from the family, so we made a mishaf in technology. Obviously it was not out of intention, but we did our absolute best to try to represent an excellence. If we failed the family and doing so, then I'll take to el. Obviously that was not the intention.
Speaker 3: Now, Erica said, T I gave you the light like you was a standing comedian on stage said, T I gave you the light to get off the stage.
Speaker 13: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Pastor Jamal Bright, No, sir, what it was? Okay, I've seen that. I've seen you performed, so.
Speaker 16: I know what that is.
Speaker 5: Because I know you're probably little mad right now going to smoke. But you really bombed though you ain't. You ain't been in no Eric show because I don't do that, Pastor d J, did you, Pastor you Borba, I.
Speaker 15: Don't think that I did what I do.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne is preached. I know how to do that. I told you, I told you a damn good preacher. I told you a damn preacher, Prince that I'm gonna do better than that.
Speaker 4: It just wasn't me.
Speaker 3: It was like everybody for he said, pray, pray for hey Pass. The next time you're in New York, you got to pull up to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We'd let to have you. Brother, I'm coming.
Speaker 24: I'm tiring of y'all thinking Bishop Jakes the only preacher out here.
Speaker 13: It's still another one we.
Speaker 2: Waiting on you.
Speaker 5: Make sure you're calling my should off for real. Make sure you come to one of my coming show.
Speaker 24: I'm coming there because oh, y'all got his tickets.
Speaker 2: Your got his tickets.
Speaker 19: Damn about.
Speaker 4: Man going to get it out on that. We fell out to the fielder room.
Speaker 7: Jam Bryan.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, all right, well, what's the moll the story? I don't think there was no more than the.
Speaker 4: Story's still going to court lock them up?
Speaker 1: Were still oh man, all right, thank you for the pastor for checking in night.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got your room report. We gotta talk for Rock Obama, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's the j n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Our guest co host, Erica Duchess is here, and let's get to the rumors. Let's talk for Barack Obama or you gossip when you chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 2: Right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now, Barack Obama was doing an interview and he was asked about a comment the former First Lady Maide Michelle Obama when she did it interview, I think she sat down with I'm trying to think who was part of that interview.
Speaker 2: Angie Martinez was there, Kelly Rowland was there. I definitely know it was Angie Martinez for a volte Yeah. I can't think who else was there. I'm sorry for those sisters.
Speaker 1: But she talked about how she couldn't stand Barack Obama for like ten years.
Speaker 4: People think I'm being catty by saying this.
Speaker 2: It's like there were ten years. Why couldn't stand my husband?
Speaker 4: You know, say that you sad years?
Speaker 2: And guess when it happened when those kids were little, right right?
Speaker 14: Because you know, you.
Speaker 4: Can be all great individually.
Speaker 2: When you're just married, you got your life, he's got his. You come together, it's like, ooh, good to see you by.
Speaker 4: Take it easy.
Speaker 2: And then you have kids, take it easy.
Speaker 10: Anything you're traveling, that's great.
Speaker 4: Good I get to hang out and watch the TV I want to watch.
Speaker 2: But the minute we had kids, it was like where are you going and how far?
Speaker 4: And you start measuring.
Speaker 2: It's like how many diapers did you? Oh you're golfing? Oh you got time?
Speaker 8: Oh you got time?
Speaker 4: How you at the gym all the time?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, Barack Obama, he responded to when she did that in review, and this is what he said.
Speaker 18: It sure helps to be out of the White House and to have a little more time with her. You know what also helps though about children, and I don't know about your spouse. When our girls were growing up, that was priority to number one, two, three, and four, of course, So I did not fully appreciate, I think, as engaged of a father as I was, the degree of stress and tension for her, knowing that not just me and Michelle were under scrutiny and in this strange environment just wasn't normal. Now that they're doing good, you know, she is a little more forgiving of my floss, she says. You know what she's told me is you know, looking back, you did okay as a dad.
Speaker 2: He did okay. I mean he was president for eight years. That's not like a regular job.
Speaker 3: Now that he's the president of the United States of America, the leader of the free world.
Speaker 1: Idea, Well, they celebrated. Can I get a little grace for that? Maybe just a little bit.
Speaker 2: We changed the pampas, I mean, damn, Well, like I said, they said, change.
Speaker 9: Policy and legislation. I've got to tie your change the pampas. Lord a mercy you ain't take. You didn't teach baby girl how to how to hit a softball either, Damn. All right, Well, like I said, they celebrate their thirty first anniversary in October. Now, this clip was running around crazy yesterday and people really thought this was Jerry Springer.
Speaker 25: Well, it was your arrival, Misha, and demanded that I cut you off completely. I tried to reason with her, but she threatened to expose my infidelity and my illegitimate children. And I was such a coward. I didn't know how to stand to my truth and stand up to my wife. I did, however, manage to stand up for you, John and Misha. While Joan kept me away from you with a threat of exposure, she did not keep me from providing for you the rest of my estate, my properties in Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, my bank accounts, investment portfolios, all liquid and in tangible assets, everything, all of it will go to my children, John and Misha.
Speaker 1: Now, if you don't know, he act like people thought it was real. He acted like he did a will on his zoom, and he had his kids on zoom. But he also had two kids that were biracial that he had outside his marriage. And what he told his kids was he was leaving his kids pretty much nothing and leaving his biracial kids, everything, and it went crazy on social media.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't true. I thought it was real too. I came in here yesterday like, man, we need to have a conversation about this, and then come to find out it wasn't real. It wasn't real. It was something that he did.
Speaker 1: Oh but you know, I thought about it like damn, Jerry Springer for his last hurrah, wanted to get one more spoof, one more joke before he left, which was crazy.
Speaker 2: But this was something that he did in twenty twenty that they put out now.
Speaker 3: And y'all think we can handle chat gp he and AI when we don't even know that the video was that was made two years ago.
Speaker 2: Isn't isn't what isn't what they told us, told us what it was this week, and.
Speaker 4: We keep getting fooled by the internet.
Speaker 5: Remember it was something else that happened with everybody thought it was real and everybody was making a bit for somebody didn't coind to find out they made it up.
Speaker 2: That sounded like something that happens every day, every day. Every day.
Speaker 4: I just can't think go to the situation. But they do happen every day.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 3: The lines of reality have already been blurred on the internet. Now with AI and chat GPT, they about to be obliterating. Yes, we ain't gonna know what's real and what's not real.
Speaker 4: This is crazy, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well that is your rumor report. And also I just want to say salute to for two Doug shout at Detroit right now. He's in jail and he said he needs an attorney. He's looking for some help. He said he's in jail for going to the gun range, which was a violation of his parole. He said, I didn't hurt anybody. He says, Man, I'm in this itch heating my food up with water from the nasty ass shower. He said, they don't give us no hot water to heat food up. Ain't no microroll, microwave. I can't get no visits from my family, nothing. I'm sure they're gonna do some more illegal ish. But I was supposed to die in his itch for probation violations. So he's asking if anybody out there can help. He's trying to make, you know, make this aware so that he can get help. So if you can, you know, support four two Doug, if you're an attorney that can help his family out to help his peoples out because.
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: So it's a little to that brother four two dug all right, yeah, free and that is your room or report now when we come back and got the people's choice, make it your request an eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. I'll co host Erica Duchess his head. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: It's tough to find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open role. With ZIP Recruiters, matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs. Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com, Slash Breakfast Owning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ, Envy Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club, I guess co hosts.
Speaker 3: Erica Duchess is the good sister Erica Dutchess from the Ha ha my fear. That's right, Okay, Long live O. G clay Evans. If you've ever seen one of the Little ball shows and you see Nod and you see Jayski and the sister that's always opening up for ball, Miss Erica duchess.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's me.
Speaker 3: That's who this is. You know, it's funny Erica. I saw Erica backstage at where you alls at Cleveland. It was at Columbus Cleveland and Columbus, Columbus.
Speaker 2: It was a Friday, that uh Friday.
Speaker 4: Saturday, Clay pay in Vegas, no Veas.
Speaker 3: It was Cleveland, Cleveland and Columbus because Clay passed that Friday. And I saw you all that Saturday, I think with Cleveland and Columbus. But I saw Erica in the back everything. Man, when you're gonna have become guest co host? And I said, whenever you want to? And the ball said, oh, he playing here. He just he just said that to you to get you out of his face. And look and she said, and I'm here.
Speaker 4: I say the email.
Speaker 5: I think I had hit no cab about twenty years. I will live it all through my house.
Speaker 4: I was like, he really did it.
Speaker 5: I said, man, shout the man, cool it cool it any more. Man, I don't care what nobody said. You you too, what nobody says, you call nobody?
Speaker 4: You too cool? We all are gonna be a real on my book.
Speaker 2: But we come back. We got the positive at the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ n V charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club. Erica Dutchess, our guest co host is here.
Speaker 2: It's time to get up out of here.
Speaker 1: Shout to DJ Cassidy for join us, joining us this morning, and also the pastor that checked in.
Speaker 2: Pastor Jamal Brant. Don't care of the day they got a positive note.
Speaker 3: The positive notice simply this man, Please don't ever give anybody enough power over you to bring back the triggered, unhealed version of you.
Speaker 2: When you've worked so hard to become better than the breakfast Club, you don't finish for y'all dumb