Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brooke and Jeffrey podcast. And did you guys know we have listeners in.
Speaker 2: Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy. Wait those actually all have super hot men, don't they Actually, if you're listening from their DM me after this.
Speaker 1: K after you hear the full shower. I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 3: You guys aren't going to believe this.
Speaker 4: Okay, but in a weird, unexpected twist, malls are suddenly back. No, Jeffrey, but it's not the same way that we knew them before.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: What's instead of.
Speaker 4: Going there to shop and eat cinnabon and get your ears pierced by the teenager at Claire's, Now people are headed back to.
Speaker 3: Malls to play pickleball.
Speaker 4: Oh just when you thought they couldn't get any cooler malls pickleballs. Yeah, it's happening in cities across North America where they're turning the giant abandoned department store spaces where the Sears and the may Seas used to be, and they're making giant pickleball centers out of them.
Speaker 5: They don't even need to use the abandoned basis.
Speaker 6: The stores are all empty, the foot locker just boom all of them.
Speaker 1: I mean. The other thing that I always see when we go to malls now is like the fund centers for kids. They're also doing that, but they're putting like indoor play pits in.
Speaker 4: That's the reason that they're doing all this is number one. Pickleball is growing so fast they don't have enough outdoor courts available for people to play on.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm an idiot for not ever playing this game. All my friends are right now, we are court someday the young kids.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just like a senior home.
Speaker 1: Spreading down now started.
Speaker 6: I would totally play if the ball was actually made of a pickle, which I found that out, and I'm like, why.
Speaker 4: Do you guys even get Let's send a submission to the pickleball.
Speaker 3: Officially it was the.
Speaker 1: Name of the guy's dog who made it up because it was pickles.
Speaker 4: So they have all these big empty department store buildings left open at the mall. They didn't know what to do with it, so they're like, screw it, let's go full pickle with it. Yeah, all right, soon you might be able to go to the mall meet up with your friends by the fountain for some pickle ball, then hit up to borrow missus field.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, a lot.
Speaker 5: Of ladies making good treats.
Speaker 3: I'm convincing us.
Speaker 4: Still all go to the Mall right, so let's wrap this up real quick and get into the shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 5: I want free samples in the food corner.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I remember chicken.
Speaker 3: We're going to be salivating over here, Jake, while you read us a question. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: For the last two days, I've gone easy on you, lily livered sap suckers by testing your knowledge of each other's tweets. But no longer, we're cracking down and going back to the old school way. This game was meant to be playing, back when trivia was hard and the bug back and the questions were even harder.
Speaker 1: He's enjoying this too.
Speaker 3: I'm putting my joking.
Speaker 8: Got up friends for a weed tumbling had nude Mono E mono edition of the one and done shot. All right, you get your question right, you're safe, but if you get it wrong, you'll be getting the Butcher Cassidy special. Let's start with Alexis.
Speaker 1: I don't want to answer Alexis.
Speaker 8: Brook is not allowed to help you for this question at all. I'm putting the lock on the fox, Alexis, Jennifer Lopez has been married five times? Is the real number higher or lower?
Speaker 3: That's how you're saying, Brook, let's count the marriages.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like it's higher than that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, though, but I couldn't even name to you, like who she is?
Speaker 1: One about the.
Speaker 8: Locks are on the fox?
Speaker 5: What about now?
Speaker 3: Who she married to at this moment?
Speaker 2: Well, I know she's with Ben now, yeah, there's one one, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Think it's under that though, Like I think it's five or more. I don't think it's less than five, So I guess I'll say more.
Speaker 8: Jake saying higher, Yeah, the real number is lower. Jennifer Lopez has been married four times?
Speaker 3: Anything, Well, A.
Speaker 1: Lot of people think she was married to Diddy too, and she wasn't. They just dated got married, They just dated, they were engaged, I think for a minute, but that was Yeah.
Speaker 8: So Alexis, you're getting shocked. Let's go over to Jose. Okay, Jose, Megan Markle's real first name is Megan? Is that true or false?
Speaker 3: Whoa scandal ever thought about it?
Speaker 5: Will celebrities change their names a lot. She was a model and an actress.
Speaker 3: So did you read Harry's biography? I'm sure it's in there. Darn foiled again.
Speaker 1: I mean her last name is definitely Markle. I'm almost positive.
Speaker 6: Does sound like a celebrity name like Megan mark. Yeah, it rolls off the.
Speaker 1: Tongue, the alliteration in it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, though, I feel like it's her real name. I'm gonna say it's true. That's her name.
Speaker 8: Jose said that's true, and that is false. Her birth name is Rachel Rachel. She goes by Meghan.
Speaker 3: It does sound more regal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Harry calls her Rachel when he's mad.
Speaker 8: Uh called you Chel? Jose and Alexis, you've both gotten wrong, So you're getting.
Speaker 1: Chocolates over all, right, I'm ready.
Speaker 8: Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars not his real name, has four point nine billion views on YouTube. Okay, does Gangdam Style have more or less views than Uptown Funk?
Speaker 5: Great question?
Speaker 1: How you really pronounced Gandam style for.
Speaker 8: The purposes of this question, he's a cowboy?
Speaker 1: Yes? Does Style have more SEXI late.
Speaker 6: Remember Godam was the first ever hit a billion I think I do know, we know, baby, Shark is the leader.
Speaker 4: Now, But who's sexier the Gognam guy or maybe go off of that.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like what's his name, si is? I feel like he's more international, you know, like and I feel.
Speaker 8: Like Bruno, he's intergalactic.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Gongham Style has more.
Speaker 8: So you're saying Gongham Style has more than Uptown Funk. Gongham Style has less than up Town. Uptown Funk has four point nine billion views. Gongham Style has only four point seven billions. We have a triple shock so far, Jeffrey can get this right. The only person safe today.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a choir.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be left.
Speaker 8: Out, Jeffrey. Forty countries have Spanish as one of their official languages. Is the real number higher or lower?
Speaker 4: I'm still shocked when I thought that South America spoke Spanish and then Brooks said, no, they speak Portuguese, Brazil, just Brazil. That's most of South America. I'm roy all of South America. Let's go to Central America. How many countries are there? Like three and a half, so you have.
Speaker 5: Believe you have Ecuador, Guatemala, what's the one.
Speaker 4: Where all the Nazis went, where your family goes, Brook the Argentina.
Speaker 3: So what about Europe?
Speaker 1: Your Europe is just Spain and.
Speaker 4: Then it's back to Portugal again. Those damn Portuguese over Like.
Speaker 1: Does anyone outside of Portugal and Brazil speak Portuguese.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say that there's less Spanish speaking countries than we think, less.
Speaker 8: Than forty, Jeffer said, lower than forty, and it's lower than South America, only twenty countries. Spanish is one of their official languages. You're the only one save everyone else is getting shot.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I have to sit this one out while you guys sing Unholy by Sam Smith.
Speaker 1: All right, mummy, you don't know that he's getting hot body shop.
Speaker 3: I'm doing something unholy.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: Rachel Marco loved listening to that one. That was your shock collar question of the.
Speaker 7: Day, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: There's something about people watching that's so entertaining.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh, I love it.
Speaker 3: And our listeners don't know this.
Speaker 4: But I work in a separate, tiny studio away from everybody else. It has clear windows all around it, So sometimes I'll just watch my co host through the window, wondrous things like which half naked dude is Alexis drooling over at her desk right now?
Speaker 3: Harry Styles or post Malone.
Speaker 1: Today it's always Michael Jordan, it is.
Speaker 4: Literally or I wonder what is Jose building with his tiny pile of fingernail clear.
Speaker 3: A little mini Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 1: Tower because?
Speaker 4: And which password is Brook using for her offshore bank trends to avoid taxes today?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 3: I hate Michael? I hate Michael with two dagger emojis behind it. That's the one for her destiny. That's why once a week I decided to stop.
Speaker 4: All the wondering and just straight up ask to see if my predictions were right. In a brand new What's on your Mind? We're gonna do it coming up just like that awesome song you love but you can't remember the name of it, you know, the one that goes like.
Speaker 5: That song something.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 4: It's the segment that we love. We go around asking questions, what's it called?
Speaker 6: Though it's right on the tip of my mind, I'm never gonna remember.
Speaker 4: Let's just go around the room and find out what my hosts had been thinking about. Starting with Brooke Brook.
Speaker 3: What's happening up and the upstairs thing.
Speaker 5: You got it, you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm driving home from work the other day and I get a frantic call from my husband and he's like, did you charge twelve hundred dollars to the visa?
Speaker 3: And that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I said, no, obviously, there's like some issue. I'll call them. I'll be home soon. So I get home and he's on the phone with who I think is a credit card company, and his face looks really concerned. So I go to the bathroom and I overhear him say something about what there's two warrants for money laundering for me? And I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, Michel, what have you gotten yourself into?
Speaker 1: So I go out. I go, give me, give me the phone. You're being scammed. Give me the phone. He puts it on speaker and it's this woman and she's saying, I'm gonna put your social Security number on old if you don't give me this information. And I said, lady, you need to stop scamming people. I understand. My husband's still like mouth again, like how do you know? And she goes, I'm gonna put it on hold. They go, fine, put it on hold. And Michael hang up the phone. And so he hangs up and I go, what are you doing? He's like, what do you mean that was a scam?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, I always wonder who falls I think you were talking to?
Speaker 1: Where did you get the phone number from to call? And he goes, well the text message sat.
Speaker 6: One of those texts a man who worked in TV news for like a decade.
Speaker 1: In your home. Oh my god, he's younger than me. I'm married to an eighty five year old.
Speaker 3: Your husband's phone, that's embarrassing. It him, He's embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, you're going to talk about this on the radio. I wouldn't listen.
Speaker 6: On Wednesday, Well, I am honored because I'm going to be a groomsman and my buddy Stephen's wedding coming up, and I'm really excited. But I found out some very interesting information. Okay, So I've known Stephen and his fiance since we were in high school, like forever, and his future bride calls me the other day just to go over stuff about the wedding, and she shared a piece of info that makes.
Speaker 5: Me a little nervous.
Speaker 6: Apparently, this girl who I had a huge crush on in high school.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a bridesmaid, I know, and well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: But what I do know is that I heard that she is quote semi impressed about me being on.
Speaker 1: The radio, and I thought, you say, I heard she's semi sex.
Speaker 6: Well I didn't ask any of that, but I do know. I don't need tips on like how to like impress her, but play it cool without looking too thirsty.
Speaker 3: You know, do you have any thoughts of how you might want to go about that?
Speaker 6: My only plan is to completely act like I don't remember her and like, wait.
Speaker 1: What was your name?
Speaker 5: Well, it's like you play it cool.
Speaker 3: Right back in the seventies. That's how you played it cool. Need help?
Speaker 1: You need to remember one thing from high school that would have bonded you.
Speaker 3: Or can you fit an entire cake topper inside of your mouth? It almost works for me.
Speaker 4: To any suggestions for a Jose alexis what's been on your mind?
Speaker 2: I had to drive to my parents' house the other day and it's a few hours away, and it was the worst car ride of my entire life. No what, because I took back roads to avoid traffic.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it took me longer than normal. So it's like four hours in the car.
Speaker 2: I don't know where I am. So it ends up being this town in the middle of nowhere. What I assume is like Brooks Hometown is like what I'm driving through.
Speaker 1: For you. And if there was no stoplight and you saw a guy named walk and Rodney on the side of the road, where was that?
Speaker 11: Baal?
Speaker 1: That town pee? So bad? This entire drive Okay, he's knocking somebody's door like this. It sounds like that. It wasn't even homes. There was nowhere to stop.
Speaker 3: You can't do the bottle trick from the car, but it so bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, I've been so much pain, so I did.
Speaker 2: I pulled over on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: You squatted.
Speaker 1: I know this is normal for you, So I tried to hide behind my car door. I don't know, I've never done this before. Both car doors. You opened, the back door and the floot door to create a half cube.
Speaker 3: This all the time. She can make out of anything. I feel like home from.
Speaker 1: I should have called you, you redpeck life hacks. That should it made it my ticket. I went and then there had been no one for a while. Car starts coming up the road humiliated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm never again.
Speaker 1: We'll on a road trip together. I'll teach you something today. All right, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: I called my mom on Sunday to wish her happy Mother's Day, and she answers the phone, so I immediately go, hey, Mom, happy Mother's Day. Behind her, I can just hear pure chaos. All the cousins and aunts and grandparents are all there talking really really really loud.
Speaker 1: Something is going on, like, not fun talking.
Speaker 4: No, my mom is not paying attention to me either at all. When I'm trying to talk to her, She's completely caught up in it. And then all of a sudden it gets really quiet. My mom shouts, does anybody.
Speaker 5: Here know how to turn on the oven?
Speaker 3: Because our housekeeper, Lucy was off for Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your mom doesn't want to turn the oven apparently.
Speaker 4: So the next ten minutes I was on speakerphone by the oven. Seven different relatives come up trying to figure out how to turn it on.
Speaker 1: Is this what it's like to be from a rich family?
Speaker 3: Pretty much?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? Did you ever hang up and call Lucy or mother?
Speaker 3: Bothering her on Mother's Day. That's a special day. But I'm hearing is there.
Speaker 5: An on switch in the back of it? Can check in the back of it.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 12: Maybe it's like a toaster of and you got to push the lever down.
Speaker 4: My aunt goes, hey, Jeffery, can you google the oven's model number and look up how to work it?
Speaker 3: It's a ken more like.
Speaker 5: Who replace the oven keys?
Speaker 8: Where is it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, even though I didn't physically go visit my mom, yeah, it certainly felt like I did Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: I bet you enjoyed one of her home cooked meal.
Speaker 4: No, you probably They decided to go with a twenty minute microwave session.
Speaker 1: Call it a day.
Speaker 3: That was mo to say for me. Text thing to seven eight, five nine too, tell us what's been on your mind?
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning in a lot of text of seventy eighty five nine two. It's blowing up our textboard right now with people sharing what's been on their minds.
Speaker 7: One in.
Speaker 4: I saw a TikTok the other day that everyone knows who Picasso is, but no one can name one of his paintings.
Speaker 3: And I'm stressed.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the name of it, you know, the one where it's like his face, no, his psychic like his mental health hospital room.
Speaker 5: I remember died in the fifties.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the no, Yeah, he was locked up for a long time.
Speaker 4: A Picasso even could remember the names of his own page.
Speaker 3: He was going through some stuff.
Speaker 4: Another text says, I had a student tell me yesterday that they call passing gas a butt burp.
Speaker 3: I've never heard that before.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god. And I was talking about one of Van Goe's paintings. Sorry, you know.
Speaker 5: What, I believe you.
Speaker 4: Another text says, Hey, Brook and Jeffrey, I love y'all's show. My favorite segment is the shot callar question.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, how dumb we are. I help you and say, I hope y'all have a good hump day.
Speaker 4: We'll get it right on that. Keep protection them on in seventy five nine too. Tell us what's been on your mind, Brooke.
Speaker 7: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's not easy to tell someone else about the lowest moments in your life. Yeah, Like, it's hard for me to admit this right now, but I'll never forget the day my parents came to me and they said they're taking away one of my trust funds, leaving me with only seven.
Speaker 5: No, why they take it away?
Speaker 1: That was your lowest moment of your life.
Speaker 4: I mean they didn't take it fully away. They moved it to a smaller European country with a better interest.
Speaker 3: But still I hit rock bottom.
Speaker 1: It was still satin on the rock.
Speaker 4: That's why I have so much respect for the people that we have on the phone who are about to share some of their worst and most personal moments from their lives.
Speaker 1: Oh, it can't be more revealing than yours.
Speaker 4: It's the time they caught their exes cheating. Oh but it's not as bad as.
Speaker 3: What happened to me. I feel bad, but we'll take what we can get.
Speaker 4: For a brand new edition of Busted, it's coming up at seven times.
Speaker 7: Sneaky husbands, two timing, live live.
Speaker 3: Bad boyfriends, and even worse girlfriends. They thought they could get away with.
Speaker 4: That, but now they're about again busted. They said me, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.
Speaker 1: Okay. I like the music for this.
Speaker 4: It's inspirational and it's a pretty great motto unless you're talking about cheating. Oh yeah, there are some people out there who kept trying and trying to be unfaithful and they did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know that we want now their success story will be told by the ones they betrayed. Right here on a segment that we call Busted, we have a few listeners ready to share the undying commitment their exes had to being uncommitted.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start with Tea Ta tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 13: Okay, well, a few years ago, I had this boyfriend and he would always surprise me with like trips out of town and stuff, which I thought.
Speaker 14: Was really awesome.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, who doesn't want a trip out of town?
Speaker 13: Yes, So this one time, we like flew out and we went to the ski lodge and I.
Speaker 14: Was like really impressed. But the day that we were set to leave, early in the morning, I'd woken up and he was still sleeping, and you know, we had to check out later that day and they had slid the bill under the door.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, that's a pretty cheap hotel.
Speaker 4: They don't wait till you go to the front desk.
Speaker 3: They just slip a piece of paper under the door.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes okay, yep, that's a lot.
Speaker 13: So I picked up a piece of paper and I looked at it, and the bill had a different first name than what I called him.
Speaker 14: It had the same last name, but a different first name. So that just made me wonder, what was up last act?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, he's using his dad's credit cards this whole time.
Speaker 3: You figure out what happened.
Speaker 13: So I pulled out my phone, and you know, I did a little Google search and I found a profile with his real name on Facebook.
Speaker 14: It turns out that he's married.
Speaker 1: Whoa, that's why it's always the trips out of town to the cheap hotels.
Speaker 14: He was using his middle name with me.
Speaker 1: Please that you do.
Speaker 13: So I just got slick and I packed up all my stuff and I snuck out of the room, went to the airport, and flew back home without him.
Speaker 14: And I never spoke to him again.
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't get free trips anymore or the free Continental breakfast seven. Wow.
Speaker 1: Man, the cheap hotels always have those waffle makers.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna move on to Danielle. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So, my girl and I were working together and whenever we come in the morning, she would start working crossword puzzle, okay, and so I mean she she'd do it a little, but then like there was this guy in our job that like really like crosswords puzzles too, So she would go over and like hang out in this cubicle and they would like go back and forth.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 15: I mean it was fine, but like after a month, I just kind of started feeling a little left out.
Speaker 1: Oh you wanted in the crossword gang?
Speaker 5: I see, hey guys.
Speaker 15: Yeah, one day he wasn't really like at his desk, but his crossword puzzle was. So I was like, I'm gonna see if I can help him figure it out.
Speaker 1: You're trying to cheat on your own.
Speaker 15: Well, the problem was when I looked at it, because I mean, there weren't any like letters that are, like none of the clues matched up. What they were doing is they were having these little conversations through the crossword puzzle.
Speaker 1: What do you mean like meet at my place later.
Speaker 15: More like meet me in the work bathroom at noon?
Speaker 3: Oh oh god.
Speaker 15: Yeah. So like one day I waited till noon and like I pretended like I was gonna leave for lunch, and then I knuck into the bathroom and I caught him hooking up.
Speaker 1: Yeah you didn't join. Yeah, I bet you used crosswords at the.
Speaker 10: Let's get it.
Speaker 5: I'm always gonna think that.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on from that.
Speaker 4: Here from one more person we got, Kim, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 11: So I travel regularly for.
Speaker 1: Work, already a setup for somebody cheating exactly.
Speaker 11: So I went out of town and he usually would take care of my dog when I was out of town. I get back.
Speaker 13: And there's like something wrong with my puff, Like he's just like acting funny.
Speaker 11: He's not really eating regularly.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, And.
Speaker 11: I'm like, something's clearly off, Like let's bring him in and see.
Speaker 10: What we can do.
Speaker 11: And the vet couldn't figure out what was wrong either, but he knew it was like something with his stomach. So you know how like they give them meds or whatever, like to make them throw up.
Speaker 1: Like get the cap or whatever.
Speaker 10: So they.
Speaker 13: Gave him meds and he vomited up some women's underwear.
Speaker 1: Were they yours?
Speaker 9: Of course?
Speaker 11: They warned my Oh my god.
Speaker 3: See this is why I always cut up my underwear before I either then I don't get sick. Yeah, digest, next time, make sure you cut him up.
Speaker 4: Okay, kim it just like you guys are idiots.
Speaker 5: Thought it was a small pair underwear Brooks underwear. The dog would have choked to death.
Speaker 1: Pantaloons swallowing in any of that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, he obviously admitted into it immediately once.
Speaker 1: That happened, to bring him home to him. That's so gross.
Speaker 3: These are yours, I believe. Hit up our text board. That's seven eighty five nine two.
Speaker 4: If you have a funny story about how you caught your XG, you could be on.
Speaker 3: The next edition of Busted. We got your phones to have coming.
Speaker 7: Up next Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Today, we're talking to a guy who's majorly stressed out because he gave his bank information to a scammer.
Speaker 3: Brook's husband this time.
Speaker 4: But they tried to wire money out of his account and the bank was able to stop most of it. Still, he lost two grands. At this point, it's up to the bank on whether they refund him the two thousand dollars or just say sorry, you're out.
Speaker 1: Of luck and we're going to man.
Speaker 4: Well, this very important decision comes down to one person, oh no, the branch manager and our own math.
Speaker 3: Wizard jose Belana.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he can stay focused and listen to this man's story without getting distracted by anything and colorful around him.
Speaker 3: We'll see how in your phone tab right now. Another Mornings on the twenties. Hello, good morning.
Speaker 6: This is Tom Morrow from a bank. I'm looking for a mister Charles.
Speaker 14: This is him.
Speaker 6: I'm calling about some fraudulent charges that were reported on your account.
Speaker 10: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I see you've been talking with a few people and there was a disagreement about who's responsible.
Speaker 9: Well, yes, and no, there's not really a disagreement. I know who's responsible.
Speaker 3: It's you, guys, sir.
Speaker 5: I understand you're frustrated.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm the supervising branch manager, so I make the final decisions, and I would I would love to hear your side. That's why I'm calling.
Speaker 9: Okay, Finally I'm speaking to somebody who actually make a freaking decision.
Speaker 3: So correct.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take some notes.
Speaker 9: I got a phone call from someone saying it was bank and saying that there were some things going on. They needed to validate a count number.
Speaker 6: So I'm sorry, can you hold on one second?
Speaker 10: What he Hey, excuse me over here?
Speaker 9: What is going on.
Speaker 5: He's coming, yaya?
Speaker 9: Are you seriously stopping for I.
Speaker 5: Want a fuggy pop?
Speaker 7: I want one?
Speaker 10: Put you a child?
Speaker 5: Wait, no, where are you going?
Speaker 9: Are you even at the bank? You're hitting you ice cleans?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I'm I'm just working from home today, so I'm on my porch taking calls, and you know, the ice cream guy came.
Speaker 9: By, and are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: Right now?
Speaker 6: I apologize, I'm now. I'm one hundred percent though, So you go ahead and I will listen.
Speaker 9: It doesn't sound like you want to listen to me and my important complaints because you're sitting there trying to get ice cream.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'm listening.
Speaker 9: I can hear the music.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, I'm going up with the phone down for like a half a second, okay, in case he sees me, hold on one second?
Speaker 12: No, no, hey, ice cream guy, do you have any strawberry shortcakes?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, straw why.
Speaker 9: Please slipping taking two thousand dollars away from me? And you're trying to get some freaking strawberry ice cream?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 13: You out?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 6: For some reason, I just have ice cream on the brain right now.
Speaker 9: It's just it's because you're outside on the porch. Go inside, shut the door, close the windows, and you won't hear it anymore.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a very warm day, so I was hoping to get some you know, relaxing.
Speaker 5: I was hoping to get some ice cream.
Speaker 9: Actually, hey, oh my god, what is your problem?
Speaker 12: Come on, I'm standing on my porch waving with my shirt off, and.
Speaker 3: You're not stopping.
Speaker 9: How do you run a bank?
Speaker 7: Oh, don't leave.
Speaker 9: Hey, hey, I was talking to you.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm back.
Speaker 5: I'm back.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm you were saying you're having an issue with with money or something.
Speaker 9: You don't even remember what the hell we were talking about.
Speaker 6: I remember something about strawberry shortcake ice cream.
Speaker 9: Listen, I'm in.
Speaker 5: Is that what the.
Speaker 6: Scammers bought with the money that was stolen?
Speaker 9: You know what you need to do? Transfer me, Please, transfer me to somebody inside their own house, not craving ice cream.
Speaker 12: Hello, Budgie Bob, Budgieboddy, I'm gonna catch you. No, you come back here, don't use up.
Speaker 9: It's a freaking circus. I'm done.
Speaker 15: I'm done.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, man, I can't rEFInd your money.
Speaker 5: I don't work for the bank. I work for a radio station.
Speaker 6: What this is all prank call from your business partner, Jason.
Speaker 9: Oh did Jason have to do with this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: He's the one who set.
Speaker 6: You up for this prank phone call. Man, Jason, you just got phone tap.
Speaker 13: Men.
Speaker 5: You're on Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: Jason, if you're listening to this right now, I am going to drive an ice cream truck and park it in front of your house.
Speaker 6: And don't get mad at Jason. Man, he was just trying to make you laugh. He told us you've been super stressed out about these fraud chargers. Man, he just wants you to laugh, He said, you can really upset.
Speaker 9: I was wondering why Bank Energy was acting like a six year old.
Speaker 5: I wish I was acting like a six year old. They got the ice cream and I did it.
Speaker 9: That's why you got a trip them.
Speaker 7: Wake up every morning was fuone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I heard something the other day where having a little bit of drama or mystery or danger even when you first meet someone, isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: Alexis's past two boyfriends, who were both on the No fly list.
Speaker 5: I think one got deported.
Speaker 1: Conversation starter is that.
Speaker 4: An aerosol can, liquid or gel and a container over three ounces in your pocket and just happy to see you?
Speaker 1: What about wow?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, one of our listeners says she met a guy the other night who almost got her arrested, and her response.
Speaker 3: To that, I need to date that man. You're gonna find out what happened in your brand new second date Update, Second date Update, Brooke.
Speaker 4: How many times have you been in a concert and thought, forget the band, I want to get backstage with that security guard, use that flashlight.
Speaker 1: I did have a security guard usher me into a concert for free once. Yeah, he like, let me jump in the van and go into the back. Really pathetic in the parking lot because my boyfriend left me there because he had a ticket and I did it.
Speaker 4: So you just had to be yourself, basically, That's what one of our listeners says happened to her the other night. Her name is Claire, and apparently she met a concert security guard. Claire, It's an honor and a privileged to have you on this morning show.
Speaker 10: Welcome, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 6: Did he have a van for you to hop in as well?
Speaker 1: Every good security guard should have a van, you know.
Speaker 3: Tell us about the security guard? Who is he?
Speaker 10: And thanks? Kevin?
Speaker 1: Okay, did you meet him at a concert or is this just what he does for work?
Speaker 10: He was working and I was at the concert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. Did he catch your eye immediately or how did that happen?
Speaker 10: Well, he came up to me actually to ask me to get off a chair that I was on.
Speaker 3: To you thought that was going to be some romantic line.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, but he did catch my eye. I thought he was really cute. I was kind of tipsy and probably being a little annoying, but I was like, you know, he was like, this is a safety hazard. I was like, I'm just trying to get a better review.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, please, you're a safety has.
Speaker 1: To lift you up so you could see. Is that what you just said?
Speaker 10: No, I should have that would have been good. I don't, like, let me stand here so I can see.
Speaker 3: Shoulders to get down from the chair.
Speaker 10: Yeah. So he eventually brought me down, But I mean I thought he was pretty cute, and so I actually like took like a cocktail napkin and like wrote my number down on it. Oh my god, And I like put it in his shirt pocket and was like, if you need to yell at me or like teach me any more about concert? Stacey later like me, I like putting it in his shirt.
Speaker 5: That's like a little bit of like here you go.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Actually I can't believe he actually called you, because I mean, like, you're not cute or anything. But how many drunk people does he come across?
Speaker 7: And I'm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he reached out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The next day actually he texted me and we were kind of laughing at it. I had saved him as concert police in my phone. That's what I was like callowing him all night.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were drunk dialing him that night?
Speaker 10: No, it's like at the show, it's like, okay, concert please.
Speaker 3: It's your cute pet name for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 5: And what did it call?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 5: Annoying short girl?
Speaker 10: But you know, I apologize for whatever being drunk and how I acted.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: We had a good laugh about it and then the yeah, and so we eventually like decided to meet it for dinner and have like an official date.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, are you nervous?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Oh, is he going to be as cute as I remember, I.
Speaker 10: Mean a little bit. You never know how it's going to be after and.
Speaker 1: It's like dark, the music's loud, you've been drinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So where did you guys end up going for a date?
Speaker 10: We've got We got Italian, which is like my favorite, so perfect.
Speaker 1: What'd you think when you saw him?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I felt I still thought he was cute, but I was like, oh, well, I wish you're wearing your security uniform because you look so cute on it, Like you look good in that, and I mean he laughed whatever, Like it was fine. We had it. It was a good We started off well, good flirters.
Speaker 6: So at least it sounds like you put the vibe out on your end for sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I try good. So we ended up like we decided we just wanted to try a bunch of stuff that we just split a bunch of food on the menu, which was fun and like yeah, and the food was good. We were having a good time, like we were having fun.
Speaker 4: It's an Italian restaurant. So did you try the lady in the tramp move? Did you try to set up?
Speaker 10: At least we did it. We actually did not do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they got maybe the right, yeah, different things.
Speaker 1: But I mean besides the food share the food, Like, what were some of the highlights for you with him?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 10: We just stock drown and he told me about other drunk girls he's met at concerts. Made me feel better about myself. I would not be worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't make the top five worst girls.
Speaker 10: So we're in the car, thank goodness. Yeah, and it was going really well, but everything kind of changed at the end when the bill came. Why so Kevin noticed on it there were like some discrepancies, like some stuff on the bill it didn't seem right. Yeah, we like split a salad, but then they charged those for two salads instead, So I mean it was justified. Like he wasn't being like a total Karen, But you know, he has to talk to a manager and stuff about it, I assume. Yeah, so he had to go into the back and like talk to someone, and it did take like a little while, like it was, you know, it's good, like ten or fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 1: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 5: I feel like beat somebody up now.
Speaker 1: I mean, typically your server would just be like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, let me change.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, and so after that like just kind of changed for the rest of the night. He just kind of fell off, like.
Speaker 1: It ruined his whole night.
Speaker 10: It kind of felt like it did, like he just didn't seem the same. And then after that he hasn't really been talking to me. At first, I was like, maybe he just felt like that was a weird ending, so he just wanted to give me a couple of days or he just felt weird about it. But that's been like over a week, and so I'm like, was there something else? Was there another issue I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know about, Jeffery. You've been in a lot of back rooms at Italian restaurants. What goes down back there?
Speaker 3: Well, usually I'm paying extra for what happens.
Speaker 5: Ten point the moment that everything change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it doesn't sound like it's your fault. Whatever it is exactly. I mean, awkward on a date. Yeah, So maybe I just left him with a bad taste and that's why he hasn't Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that were there any other weird moments from the date besides the bill, not.
Speaker 10: That I can think of. Everything else was pretty normal, you know, I was having fun. I didn't really clalk anything like, he didn't seem weird to me, but I don't know. His mood just totally changed after the bill problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to come back. We're going to call Kevin for you, and we're going to try and get you a second date up date right after this.
Speaker 10: All right, okay, awesome, thank you.
Speaker 3: Whenever we do.
Speaker 4: These calls and there's a problem with the bill, usually that's an issue over who should pay, does the guy handle it, should the girl offer? Which exit door? Should we die and dash out of Those are the types of things that go through your mind. But with Claire and her date, Kevin, they had a different problem. They noticed that they were getting overcharged on their bill, and that's why Kevin went to the back to talk to a manager about it for a while. A few minutes, and while Claire thought that was totally justified, kind of ruined his mood for the rest of the night. And that could be why he hasn't reached out yet for another date.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's mad that they didn't give him a free dessert. I mean, usually when they mess up the bill, you get a free dessert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, is that right, Claire?
Speaker 3: No, no free dessert? At the Italian Place.
Speaker 10: No free dessert.
Speaker 1: Heard the bottom of it.
Speaker 5: We don't even need to call him.
Speaker 4: Or maybe he found an even smaller, even more obnoxious girl at another concert that he was doing security had.
Speaker 3: And that's his type. He wants his thumb e Llina.
Speaker 1: Who has a stand on the tallest chair to see anything. Yeah, I mean I feel you, though. Concerts suck for short people. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there's.
Speaker 4: Got to be some sort of logical explanation for this. We're gonna call him right now. You ready to do this?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Kevin?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is Kevin.
Speaker 3: Sorry. Did I catch you in the bathroom or something? It's a little bit echoey.
Speaker 11: Oh no, I was actually cooking something.
Speaker 3: But that's that's fine. Interesting what you're cooking.
Speaker 4: I'm making some pasta, a nice morning pasta.
Speaker 3: I love Italian. It's a prep for work.
Speaker 1: So you are so friendly. I don't know that we've ever just launched into a full conversation with somebody.
Speaker 3: You haven't even asked who we are yet. You know we're a radio station.
Speaker 5: I feel like he's gonna invite us over before Okay.
Speaker 4: We're doing a segment called a Second Date Update where we're trying to help out one of our listeners. You took out to actually an Italian place. The other I named Claire.
Speaker 10: Claire rings a bell. Yeah I think so.
Speaker 1: Didn't you have a really nice night with her? Because her descriptions sound like you guys really connected.
Speaker 4: Well, if I'm not mistaking, is this a girl that I met at the concert?
Speaker 15: Because I work as a security at some concerts.
Speaker 3: And I do. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're going out with a lot of different women if you can't tell which I'm not.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 15: I'm I'm single, so dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Claire's the one that kept calling you concert police like apparently that was her like funny nickname for you.
Speaker 3: I mean it is my job, okay.
Speaker 4: Well, our job is to call people like you and try to figure out why you're not going out with some of our listeners.
Speaker 3: That's what Claire is wondering.
Speaker 9: Well, okay, so, if I'm not mistaking, I remember we went out to dinner.
Speaker 3: We went and then had it tobbying and yeah, no, you don't have to run us through the whole story. We've actually heard it for Yeah, ok perfect.
Speaker 1: Then I think if we just need the part where like you're not calling her back anymore and she's confused because it seems like you guys had a good connection.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, I'm trying to wreak up a little bit.
Speaker 9: So I remember that when the bill came, I went to the backstock to the manager, and then when I'm coming back, I see something weird.
Speaker 3: You know how they put their olive oil kind of dishes there, Yeah, for your bread.
Speaker 9: So she was putting her fingers inside the bowl and rubbing the olive oil on.
Speaker 6: Her on her Okay, so she was dipping her fingers in it and then rubbing it against her shirt and then a little bit on like on her belly.
Speaker 1: And then wait are you talking about? You saw Claire or just some random woman in the restaurant rubbing olive oil all over herself.
Speaker 10: I saw clear.
Speaker 15: I mean I saw it from a bar.
Speaker 10: I saw it from a.
Speaker 1: Bar that was staining her shirt on worst.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was going inside her shirt.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, the only thing I could see it is like if you have like dry skin with crack knuckles.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Kevin, You're you're saying that a girl rubbing oil all over herself is a bad thing, because I think most guys would be into that.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was bad.
Speaker 9: I thought it was weird.
Speaker 15: I don't know what she thought that was going to happen afterwards.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she thought that was like an upper dsiak or something. No, why wouldn't you ask her if you think you saw that.
Speaker 1: She deserves the right to explain.
Speaker 15: Now let me ask you, how do you bring that up to a girl? You know, sit down and after like why are you rubbing oil by taking.
Speaker 3: Your shirt off and being like a ply right here man?
Speaker 6: Or you just go to kiss her neck and go ooh, is that a little bit of Islamic vineagrette?
Speaker 15: I I didn't want to sound like good creep because you know how girls are always you know that's true.
Speaker 6: Hey, I was watching you from across the restaurant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was that oil?
Speaker 1: I think, like, what were you doing with the oil? Is a fair question.
Speaker 4: And I can understand if you are uncomfortable asking her in the moment, But now that it's been a while, you can ask her over the phone because she's actually been listening on the other line.
Speaker 3: This entire time wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm possibly rubbing herself down. Claire.
Speaker 10: You there, Hi, Kevin.
Speaker 3: In all seriousness, I doubt she was even doing that.
Speaker 1: But Claire, I don't know oil slip Claire over here?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Claire, what was going on? Okay, what was going on? What were you?
Speaker 10: Were you actually rubbing the oil? First of all, I had no idea you saw.
Speaker 1: That, so you do know what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Claire, please explain, in.
Speaker 10: Very very what's the thing. There's just so oil like you rub it on your chest that helps keep everything perky, like I don't want saggy breast when I'm older, Like wait, like it's a TikTok hack I've adopted, but I'd like, it's a thing. It gets the blood flog, it keeps you moisturized.
Speaker 5: I never.
Speaker 10: Like, don't you do that? It's totally normal.
Speaker 5: It was he wasn't there.
Speaker 1: You're at a restaurant, girl, You're not putting your hand down your bread in the oil before your feet.
Speaker 10: Wasn't like I was pouring the bottle on me. I just be lapping a.
Speaker 1: Little, like, Okay, I have faced all of oil before. But like it's from a beauty brand. It's not I don't meant for that. Yes, it's like refined. I would assume the different way, or at least I pay for it.
Speaker 3: As if it's refined to do, you're gonna have to excuse Brook. This is the part of the show where she tells our listeners how to live their lives.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's normal for her to stick her hands out?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's normal. People do their own things, their own different ways. They tried beauty hacks they do and don't work.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question now, yeah, of course, going there.
Speaker 9: I mean, now that you explained it, I actually really like you, and I'm fire for not calling back out with me again on a second.
Speaker 1: She said, perky, And now the guy's.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, Claire, did this whole experience change your mind with him not communicating with you earlier?
Speaker 10: I mean maybe, yeah, a little, like I thought we were having a good time. I'm an open person, obviously.
Speaker 3: Like, obviously, yeah.
Speaker 10: I would have talked to him about it if he had asked me about a moment, like, I'm not embarrassed about it, but now I think it's a little weird. He's coming around.
Speaker 1: Come on, Claire, if the tables were turned and you you're walking to the table and you see some dude putting oil on his body, you would be a little man.
Speaker 5: We use butter Okay.
Speaker 10: I would have said something though, like he didn't do that, Like I would have confronted. I would have asked a question.
Speaker 1: I can see that. I can see that I.
Speaker 10: Wouldn't just stopped communicating.
Speaker 3: It was the first state.
Speaker 9: And I don't know if you were to have been okay with that or not. So now I know maybe on a second date we could fix Oh.
Speaker 3: Oh, he wants to be the one to apply the oil onto you?
Speaker 10: He Oh?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 1: What is that? The meaning you too?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I'm visualizing.
Speaker 10: Oh, right now it's getting weird. You're making it weird. It says ollive oil. It's TikTok hak okay.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, at this point, Claire, Kevin has already said yes to another date. He's apologize for not being more communicative. And third, you don't even have to pay for this next one because it's on us.
Speaker 10: Oh. I mean I can get from the visuals. I get that it was kind of weird and how some people might not want to approach that. Yeah, I'll give you a second chance.
Speaker 5: An Italian then.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He did say that there's a lot of concert girls, so you just got to get in line first, Claire. But if you warn yourself up, you can slide faster to the front of the line.
Speaker 5: Security's not tackling you.
Speaker 4: Then it's rookie Jeffrey in the morning, and that usually never happens, where even before I offer.
Speaker 3: To pay for the date, the guy is jumping in ready to go out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: It was almost like a light bulb went off in his head and he's like, what am I thinking? Because we're rubbing oil on her body to make it perky.
Speaker 4: I can't those two words in combination, oil and herkey put together. That's an instant like, yes, it makes me oily and perky.
Speaker 1: I just hope that nobody ate any more bread after it's just so unsanitary.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, from the same container. They change him out in between people.
Speaker 1: Right, feel like her day had been like eating bread and dipping it with the crumbs on her body.
Speaker 4: I was curious, as my codes are going to be adopting that beauty hat coming up here.
Speaker 3: No, not you broke. I don't care about you.
Speaker 5: Motor oil, I'll rub it everywhere this day.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's just gonna come to her greasy.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we were able to get him to go out there.
Speaker 5: We go greasy and perky.
Speaker 4: Remember you want to get greasy and perky. Try listening to our second date updates.
Speaker 3: That'll be the trip. You can find all of them up on our podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Get ready to throw some rice and dance the cupid ship. Oh, because we're just about to hit wedding season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm going to a few this year.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we're all going on this weekend.
Speaker 5: We are but normal. I'm not invited anybody.
Speaker 3: But I'm very exciting.
Speaker 4: Now there's a new most expensive destination wedding you could be invited to. It's coming up in the next few years. They say weddings in space will become the new norm.
Speaker 1: No way, No, I'm not risking my life to go to your wedding. I'm sorry, I draw the line somewhere.
Speaker 4: It's all thanks to a high altitude balloon company called space perspective, and they plan to start sending people up by the end.
Speaker 3: Of next year. So I have a photo of the boom, of a photo of the balloon.
Speaker 4: Your wedding venue you'll be in here. It is space perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say shots at the open bar probably hit differently at that alta. Yes.
Speaker 4: The whole thing lasts six hours, and for the first two you slowly ascend to a height of one hundred thousand feet, so you're right on the edge of space.
Speaker 3: Oh, but you won't be weightless or anything like that.
Speaker 4: And then after that you have a two hour window to get married up there and.
Speaker 3: Give your speeches, throw the boquet, dance everything.
Speaker 1: Before you plummet to your desk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a slow descent back to Earth. It's a balloon, remember, Yeah. And then you'll splash down safely in the ocean, so hopefully everyone can swim.
Speaker 1: Did you have hair quotes when you said safely? I can't trust this thing.
Speaker 3: You're probably wondering about pricing too. Well.
Speaker 4: First off, the capsule only seats eight, so it's going to be a small and it's one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars per guest, for an eight person wedding.
Speaker 3: That's a million.
Speaker 1: And you know that you're going to be like required to cover the bride and groom, like everybody's be like, let's chip it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's gonna be starting as soon as next year. Give your space suit spoots.
Speaker 3: Ready.
Speaker 6: Wait, we're all space, we're all wearing white.
Speaker 3: We're going to do laser stories coming up right after this.
Speaker 4: It's the radio segment that just started a hardcore new motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Gang called the Mama's Boys. Deserve for men who want to roll up to a dive.
Speaker 4: Bar, breaking at these three bottles over a stranger's heads and then call their moms let them know they got there.
Speaker 3: Safe Stories the segment where we read weird.
Speaker 4: News stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other pleather petunias just dump.
Speaker 3: This first laser story is out of South Carolina. A man and a woman were recently pulled over and they were acting kind of nervous and told the cops that the woman was pregnant.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they thought that may get him out of a ticket or something.
Speaker 4: The woman then smiled and rubbed her belly while looking at officers, and that's when the deputies asked when the baby was due. Unfortunately for the couple, the man said July. At the same time the woman said October.
Speaker 6: No way, hold on, he could just be a stereotypical guy.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's not the dad and he doesn't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 4: After the couple gave conflicting responses, the woman tried to make a run for it.
Speaker 5: To run your pregnant. She exited the.
Speaker 4: Passenger door, and in the process a bunch of drugs fell from her.
Speaker 6: Oh no, so she was having drugs, drugs by the baby.
Speaker 4: In a way, even as she made a dash for it, she did give birth to over fifteen hundred grams of pure cocaine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I bet that was quite the gender reveal party.
Speaker 3: Officers arrested both people and charged them with drug trafficking while confiscating over three pounds of the illegal narcotics.
Speaker 1: And that's final what he read pounds. The guy yelled, it's not mine.
Speaker 3: I swear, yeah, it's no word.
Speaker 4: If they're going to let the woman keep her fake rubber belly when she gets out, but right now they're holding it as evidence.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: This next laser stories out of Montreal. A dog park posted a controversial sign recently that has nearby residents talking. Apparently, according to the city, this particular dog park bans barking.
Speaker 7: No way.
Speaker 3: It says it is forbidden to let your dog bark, wine or howl why and their dogs?
Speaker 4: If your dog is caught barking by city officials, you could face fines upwards of fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, maybe you should have done the protest when they were putting the dog park in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's unclear if that includes woofing. Woofing was not listed as one of the violations.
Speaker 1: Guys, so they're redoing the a field by my house, and like there's neighbors around there that are protesting it, saying we don't want sports in this neighborhood. Why did you move across the street from a school?
Speaker 4: Well, naturally, dog owners are upset and confused about the new sign. They say it's like banning chill ldren from screaming and laughing at a playground, or abandoning their father in law from complaining at Sunday dinner.
Speaker 3: This meat loaf.
Speaker 4: According to residents. It sounds like neighbors complain that the park was too noisy and the sign was put up to reduce the nuisance.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, but it's.
Speaker 4: Unclear how they'll enforce the rule. For what it is worth, the reporters talked to several dog owners at the dog park and they said, regardless of the intent, this makes the dog park.
Speaker 3: Stressful and not fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It also while they were interviewing people, dogs were constantly barking in the background.
Speaker 1: It would make me want to have my dog bark more.
Speaker 4: A city spokesperson said, it's a reminder about an existing bye law related to controlling domestic animals while in public way to make.
Speaker 6: It boring at the defense and the squirrel runs into that park, they're gonna make tens of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would make our budget.
Speaker 3: Slayer stories out of Michigan.
Speaker 4: You might have seen the viral video last month of a thirteen year old student rescuing an entire bus of children after the driver fell unconscious.
Speaker 1: I saw this. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: In the dramatic footage, you could see the student, Dylan Reeves, rushed to the front and grabbed the wheel while managing to bring the bus to a halt.
Speaker 5: Wow, good job, kids, And.
Speaker 4: Now Dylan's family is speaking out about his heroics, and his dad says he believes the reason his son was able to save everyone was because he was literally the only kid on the bus not on their phone. Oh, because Dylan isn't allowed to have one yet.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, go dad, you said your kids aren't going to have a phone twenty five.
Speaker 4: So when the bus driver fell unconscious, he was the only student who even noticed. And one kid told the local news that they didn't know what was happening because they had their AirPods in Oh.
Speaker 1: Because you couldn't hear anything, even in a city bus.
Speaker 4: Another said they were playing a video game and they only looked up after the bus had stopped.
Speaker 5: So he's fortnite.
Speaker 4: Not only did Dylan bring the bus to a safe stop and no one was injured, but he ordered someone to call nine one one.
Speaker 1: And he didn't have a phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the forty year old bus driver was able to be taken to the hospital and stable condition. And because of Dylan's heroics, our own jose Bolanos, has vowed to go phoneless for the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: In his honor.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at my phone, right.
Speaker 1: You do the rest of the hour, and come on, if anybody's gonna save us.
Speaker 8: We're not voting for I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Screaming and jumping off the busy exactly.
Speaker 5: No, I'd be the kid playing Fortnite.
Speaker 3: His next laser story is out of Britain.
Speaker 4: The UK's Guardian newspaper just did a story on how American have started speaking in a British accent when they feel awkward in social situations. We talked to a bunch of gen Zers who admitted it's become a habit. Most said it's something that they unconsciously do when they feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Really, here's an example.
Speaker 4: A twenty four year old woman who works in tech said she recently wanted to let her boss know she was feeling burnt out, so, without thinking, she said in a British accent, it's affecting me mental health, isn't it? And then her boss, who was older, was like, what the heck was that?
Speaker 1: Well, then you really think maybe she does have some issues.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 5: Chimneys.
Speaker 4: Some gen Z said they also do it when they have to confront people, like one guy needed his.
Speaker 3: Roommate to take the trash out. He felt weird about asking, and so.
Speaker 4: He said, Harolds, can you please take out the rubbish?
Speaker 1: It doesn't make it sound nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alexis do you ever do that name?
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 4: They say British reality shows like Love Island might have something to do with it. They've become popular with young people the last few years. But it's not just about mimicking people that we've seen on TV. Experts think there's a definite psychological reason behind it. It could be a way of softening what you're trying to say, or separating your personality from a difficult situation.
Speaker 1: Think of all the celebrities we've seen that have gone into British accents. Yes she was British. Yeah she did it too, So that's a weird Stewey from Family Guys had a weird one that nobody could tell where it.
Speaker 6: Was from all.
Speaker 4: The healthiest people. It's kind of a defense mechanism. Actually, I'm not sure if you can hear it, but if you listen closely, they're a slight British accent with this guy Stable. The Laser stories has come to an end for the day, we'll do it again, same time on Friday.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's time for a rematch. Brook, you're gonna be taken on.
Speaker 4: Patrick from Tacoma, who lost to you last time he played, says lost tune to nothing, and this time he wants his listening skills to improve.
Speaker 1: I mean that is in this game. Is that what you learned from that loss? Patrick?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet there's somebody else in your life who would be happy if you're listening skills improved.
Speaker 10: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They shall not be named.
Speaker 1: They do not.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna send Brook out of the studio while that happens. Patrick, you know how the game works. He got thirty seconds dancers many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat her outright to win. Did you catch all that?
Speaker 3: Yes? I did right there. We're already starting off on a good foot.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Your time starts now. Sugar Ray Leonard celebrates a birthday today. He was a world champion athlete.
Speaker 3: In what sport boxing? What does the V in CVS stand for?
Speaker 10: Broadcasting?
Speaker 4: King Saniera celebrates which birthday? What kind of tree produces prunes?
Speaker 10: Fine?
Speaker 4: What is the name of the dog in the comic strip Garfield? How many syllables are in the word directory? Or and let me give you a second question again because you may have misheard me. What does the V in CVS stand for?
Speaker 5: V is in Valentine?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 10: The pharmacy?
Speaker 7: Ah pass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's an honorable guy. That's young Jeffrey. You guys don't believe it. I bet when I say that, but.
Speaker 3: I don't even believe it, so believe I wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 6: But he's Jeffrey's an honorable person. He misheard one of the questions, so he went back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one's buying.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to help.
Speaker 4: Here's something that you might find interesting, Brook. An interesting fact about Patrick. He went to Ireland recently, and Brook recently took a trip to Scotland. So maybe you two should bond talk a little bit about your your avocation.
Speaker 1: I've never been to Ireland.
Speaker 10: Though it's a lot of fun. It's beautiful over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scotland was great too. Different countries, so you.
Speaker 8: Know, they're very close.
Speaker 1: A lot of sheep, more sheep than I've ever seen in my life in Scotland. Political statements everywhere you turned sheep.
Speaker 4: I'm just impressing. Neither of you in that whole twenty seconds mentioned a bar or a pub.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they drink a lot in Ireland.
Speaker 1: He actually made me feel really sober to be there as I don't have a problem.
Speaker 4: All right, you're up, you're ready. Yeah, your time starts now. Sugar Ray Leonard celebrates a birthday today. He was a world champion athlete.
Speaker 1: And what sport boxing?
Speaker 3: Does the V in CVS stand for?
Speaker 1: Past?
Speaker 3: Keen? Saniera celebrates? Which birthday?
Speaker 1: Fifteen?
Speaker 4: What kind of tree produces prunesum? What is the name of the dog in the comic strip Garfield?
Speaker 1: Right there? Past?
Speaker 4: How many syllables are in the word directory directory four?
Speaker 3: I did it silently. He's an audio eight on that one. But that's okay.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the scoreboard and see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 3: You cannot offend a robot. It's Patrick.
Speaker 5: You got to correct.
Speaker 1: He may have beat me.
Speaker 8: I improved from last time.
Speaker 13: I'm happy about there we.
Speaker 6: Go in brook You got fool.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that. Let's go over the answers, Sugar Ray Leonard, Why are.
Speaker 1: You laughing because of the song? Every time someone says sugar Ay. I think of that Sugar Ray song body Sugar smash Mouth the other Sugar Ray saw.
Speaker 3: Anyway, somehow we insulted Sugar Ray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sugar Ray Leonard. He's a champion athlete in boxing. The V in CVS stands for consumer value.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say vercos.
Speaker 4: I could think of King Sennia celebrates your fifteenth birthday. Plum trees make prunes. The name of the dog in Garfield is not otis. It's odd. Then there are four syllables in the word directory. Both got that now, Patrick. Unfortunately, we can't give you any money here, but just for playing, you do win a pair of tickets plus one dog ticket to Bark in the Park night at Seattle Mariners game on May twenty fifth against the Oakland Athletics.
Speaker 3: Oh very cool.
Speaker 10: Got a dog and I like baseball?
Speaker 3: That word yea, tell me what you lost on purpose?
Speaker 1: I hope your dog also likes baseball.
Speaker 10: Won't see it'll be his first live game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just there, booie.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for playing. Patrick. We're gonna be back. We'ren into Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's like every day I find another reason to love the Washington Potato Commission and Washington potato growers because our potato growers are committed to sustainable farming practices to grow spuds for generations to come. You hear that, kids, You got spuds for life. And it means so much that ninety nine percent of Washington potato farms are family run. These growers are environmentalists at their core, and they want their crops and feels healthy for their kids and their kids, and their kids and their kids. You get all those little tater tots out there. Farmers rely on cost effective, reliable energy like hydropower for hard and processing potatoes. Oh By using GPS trackers while fertilizing and more energy efficient farming equipment, they're using less diesel and releasing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Go to potatoes dot com slash Farmfamilies to learn more about their sustainable farming practices.