Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 1: At all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't give them back A million bus bussy.
Speaker 4: Sea listening to to I don't Joy, Yeah, Joy, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Love you. I know you.
Speaker 3: Got turn, got to turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn mouth turn.
Speaker 1: Out, turn the word of the money up looking.
Speaker 2: Come come out, you think, Uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. I need everybody today, everybody that's listening, I need you to catch fire today. I want you to catch fire today. You want to phrase it another way, I want you to catch on fire today. But I need you to catch fire today. I need today to be today that you stop complaining and you do something. Do you know why a lot of people can't move forward in their life because they complaining about their past. They always complaining, man, about something that explains the reason why they are. Let me help you with this right here. If you are steady complaining about the reason you are. You know, if I hadn't met this man, if I hadn't have been involved with this woman. If I hadn't have had this baby, if I had never went down there, if I hadn't have got arrested, if I hadn't it is, if I hadn't it at, if I had a just finished school, if I had to Hey, hey, hey, hey, stop stop all that stuff that you're complaining about, everything that you keep allowing to resonate with you as a reason to justify and explain you not being successful.
Speaker 2: Can I share something with you about all of that? Guess what it is? You done? Got past all of it.
Speaker 5: You didn't have the baby, you got arrested, they didn't kill you, you didn't finish school, but you're still standing. You met that man, he gone, He involved with two other women. Right now, I got three other kids. Guess what. You still here and the baby's here. You got over all the injustices that were done to you. You got something happened to you when you was a kid. You're an adult now. Somebody did something to you when you was a little boy. Guess what you a man now. Some things happen to you that you haven't found closure on. The person that you're looking for closure from has moved on. Can I tell you that everything that has happened to you. Do you know you've gotten pasted it? So why are you steady complaining about what has happened to you that has caused you to be in this position? But do you understand that it's prohibiting you from moving forward? Stop complaining today, catch fire, Let your pass be your past. I've told this to you one hundred times on this radio, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Say it again.
Speaker 5: Bishop Jakes told me something man that helped me so greatly. You can't drive your car if you gonna keep looking in the rear view mirror. That's why the windshield is huge. The windshield is huge. The rear view mirror is this tiny thing that sits up there. Now all is far so you can see stuff that's coming up.
Speaker 2: All the rearview mirror for is so you can assure yourself. Oh, listen to this.
Speaker 5: The realview mirror is imp there to assure you that you've cleared something.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 5: That's what the rearview mirrors for. So when you pass the can you want to switch lanes, you can glance up there and it says, okay, you're clear.
Speaker 2: Now you passed it. You can switch lanes.
Speaker 5: That's all the rearview mirrors for it ain't for you to stare at and dictate your life with what you're tripping for.
Speaker 2: Man, catch fire.
Speaker 5: Today today, Man quick complaining about everything that did happened to you? Life is ten percent. What happens to you is ninety percent. What you do about what happens to you? What are you going to do about it? So what I got all this? Look, man, your story ain't no deeper than nobody else's. I can tell you I was homeless for three years. It's people been homeless for thirty years. How long I'm gonna ride that out?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: You know I can.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna do nothing right now. I fell on hard times and I lost my place to stay.
Speaker 2: Where you staying now? See the majority of people are staying somewhere right now. I was out there. I didn't have nowhere to go. I'm in a shelter. Now. You was under the bridge a week ago.
Speaker 5: You int shelter. Now why you can still crying about the bridge? You in a shelter now?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: You know how you find your purpose? You get in touch with who created you. Because when God made you, he had a purpose in mind. Now we've ignored it and we haven't tapped into it. But we all had a purpose. You don't, and it's sometimes it takes people be longing to discover the purpose. Colonel Sanders was frying chicken with a recipe that he was telling people was the best chicken in the world.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody believe him till he turned seventy.
Speaker 5: Why you think the dude, dude that's only Kentucky fried chicken signs is old. That dude ain't twenty up there he oh, he oh, But you know what, he had been frying that chicken for forty some years. They just found out about it when he was seventy. But he didn't give up his purpose in life. This dude was just frying chicken. See, people keep looking for their gifts in all kinds of places when.
Speaker 2: It's right there in you.
Speaker 5: You ain't got to go to school to find your gift. You're born with the gift that God got for you. You'll go to school to tack it on to something else. But your gift was already given to you.
Speaker 2: You were born with that. You don't have to go to college to know your gift. Your college allows you to enhance.
Speaker 5: It and to find something to attach it to, and hopefully you get a degree that attaches your gift to a vehicle where it can work. The problem with college is we go to college and we attach it to what we like or what we might be passionate about, if we ignore the gift we have. You know how many people and graduating from college ain't doing nothing they went to college for.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you know.
Speaker 5: Why because you discover in life your gift. You discover what you was born to do. I wasn't bought, you know what I mean? You know what my major was in college? It was advertising. I can't be at no death, drawing, no picture for nobody. But now guess what I can wake up every day and guess what I can tell you?
Speaker 2: I advertise. I've been advertising my career. Come see me live.
Speaker 5: Come see me live at Madison Square, guard Come see me live at Phillips Erena. Come see me live at Jokers Comedy Club. Come see me live at Percy's. Come see me live at elisis Tabit. Come see me live. I've been advertising the whole time, but I had a different purpose in mind because I went and I talked to God. And this is how you do it, you go talk to God and say, hey God, look, okay, this is the deal. I've been struggling here. I'm over forty. I still haven't found my purpose in life. Okay, but so I can quit wasting any more time. Would you help direct me and guide me to my purpose? I know you created me to do something. I just haven't found what it is. And the reason I haven't found what it is because I've been doing things my way. I ain't been checking with your, conferring with you on anything. I ain't locked in. I tried to settle it up with you. I've been just doing my thing. Well, my thing has gotten me as far as it can get me. How about you take over and do your thing now? Can you direct me in my path? I'm an open book. Treat me like a piece of clay. I'm telling you, man, if you go to God, he'll give it to you.
Speaker 2: But see you have not.
Speaker 5: Because you ask not. How many times have you asked God for it? This ain't no magic trick, y'all.
Speaker 2: This is the deal. You got to catch fire today. Catch fire today.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about today. I've got a lot to do.
Speaker 7: You're listening.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen were here. Ah, man, again another blessed day. Look at it right here. Just pay attention to it, y'all. Don't don't take it for granted. Pay attention to it. Look at it closely. Look what God has done. Again, man, At one point in time, man, I mean seriously, common sense has got the kick in that we have nothing to do with the rising of the sun or the setting of it.
Speaker 6: We have no.
Speaker 5: Control over the wind, of the direction of the wind. We have no control over time or time we got. We don't place the stars nowhere. We can't touch the star.
Speaker 2: Man. At one point in time. We're gonna have to.
Speaker 5: Give God some credit here. Amen, since we're doing it, let's get it on. Shearonon Strawberry, call it for real. Matha to South Junior and nephew, Tommy Junior's just a lot going only.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 8: And I'm telling you, man, I got to figure out the way to stop this woman from thinking.
Speaker 1: I've got to just stop her from yeah, from thinking, because.
Speaker 8: Every time she started thinking, it started costing. We got to get her to stop thinking. Yeah, Yeah, I'm telling you right now. When she started saying.
Speaker 1: You know, I was thinking, and right behind that thinking is another check.
Speaker 8: I just got this quick that. I got to figure out how you do that. Is there any advice to get this to stop?
Speaker 5: Well, well let me give you this advice right here, at this pace, right here, that you own right now.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna make six months.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna telling you. She started thinking, like Carlin said, you said this calling.
Speaker 2: She was thinking.
Speaker 1: She's looking back there to her, I'm thinking we should get a pool.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey. We got to stop this thinking.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 1: As soon as she said that, I started faking a crisis.
Speaker 6: I told you.
Speaker 1: I went down the media.
Speaker 10: I started, Man, we got to get out to the urging care.
Speaker 1: Because I'm thinking it's starting to hurt. It's really it's biggering crisis.
Speaker 2: Now, that's what you did when I called you in the hospital one time. I heard that out. I got to get the hell off the fault. I can't. I can't do that. Agony. No, no, hell no, I ain't. I ain't.
Speaker 5: ABC Sports, I don't. I don't want to talk to the dude that fell off this minute. ABC Sports, Yeah, ABC Sports three of the victory In the Agony of wild Willis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, yeah, remember that dude.
Speaker 5: They used to show Rember down the ski slope and the trail like right right. I always turned my head because, hey dog, I can't help you. You an uncontrollable tumble everything. Yeah, you gottail? So he did that out I can't tell well, Julia, let me say this to you, though, help them. It's the thinking that women do that makes life worth living. It's that thinking that they do, man that puts the special stuff on your life.
Speaker 2: So either get used to it or get a divorce. Those are your choices.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 11: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, it's the nephew and run that brank back right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 7: All right, it is time now for the nephew to run that brank back.
Speaker 9: What you got for it's new This right here is you've been driving my car. You have been driving my car? All right, let's go.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm trying to reach Curtis. Please.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this is Jurseys.
Speaker 6: You the one work at the hotel and you do ballet parking. Yeah, y'arell working. Okay, let me tell you something. You the one that parked my seven fifty BMW. You just took the change out of my car, that the loose change I had in there, and you also then put one hundred miles on there. And I know you the one did it, because you the one I tell I tempt you. You parked it. And then when I came back, you the one brought my car back, and I tept you. I know you the one put them damn miles on my car.
Speaker 13: On man, hold on, wait, wait, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 6: Who is this? My name is Jason Man, Jason, Jason.
Speaker 13: Why didn't you get my numbers?
Speaker 6: I got your number from the hotel manager. I told him I needed a folk the Curtis who do the ballet parker, and they gave me your number. You the one put these miles. Man, You put a hundred miles over there. I ain't.
Speaker 13: Hold on, I ain't putting up miles in your car.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 13: That's all I do is just get the car in park. And that's shit. I ain't ain't. I ain't taking no change to nobody car, even you, the one took.
Speaker 6: My change I had. I had three d Jakes in there and in the city Player. When I got in there, it was a bigger smile or somebody in there. You the one was in my car.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 13: Man, I don't even know how to work that radio. And there man, look what I probably punk your car because I parted a whole lot of cars and I just we you can tell you maybe somebody else probably took your car and drove it around.
Speaker 6: But I don't know. We can work at the hotel and do valet parking. How many am I don't working?
Speaker 13: Didn't do by that parking? But that's all I do is part of the cars. I don't tell nobody car and driving around the town. I'm steal nothing from the car. Ain't no thief.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, let me tell you something. Man, I know you the one put these niles on here you hear me. I know you was the one man.
Speaker 13: Put hold on hold on many Look. Look look man, I'm on probation right now, right so I mean, ain't got no time to be still nothing not about nobody calls. I'm just I'm just part time job man, just parking called them trying to take care of me and my little girl.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 13: I'm telling you. If somebody did take your car and drive it around or steal something from your car. We can we can figure out you know what I'm talking about if you just bring the car and you just come and when we could talk to the managers and figure it out. But I promise you, I promise you. Wasn't me, man, I mamles you. If you just know that liking, you know, we'll find out what happened.
Speaker 6: With your car. You the one did it, man, You the one put the hundred miles on my car. You had that red bas song, you had that name tag, see curtains, you pulled off in and you pulled back up in. You the only one told me you'll miss the one.
Speaker 13: Hey, man, Hey, louis a little bit man, hold on, I can't. I can't hear you.
Speaker 6: Nah, I know you can hear me. You're gonna hear me when I get in here. So you're gonna hear me when I do that. But telling me, I said, you gonna hear me when I get in your because you put that hundred miles on it. I'm gonna come up to that, damn man.
Speaker 13: I hey, putting one hundred miles in your car? Right, I'm just hey, man, you know what, I just scared nothing from your car. Ain't putting a hundred of minds or your car. Right, I told you I'm on probation right now. Now, that's what I was doing. I go to work, I talk these cars, and I'm coming home and take care of me and my gull all right. Ain't putting a hundred miles on your car, man, I ain't take your car. That's all I did was towld your car talking man, that'sh it.
Speaker 6: No, that ain't what you do. What you know what he loses looking? They lose change out of now and y'all also for one hundred mile. It was like one hundred and four miles extra on that car. When I got back there. Let me tell you something, man, I'm gonna come up. Where do you work again? When do you work?
Speaker 13: Work tomorrow? I work tomorrow late.
Speaker 6: What time do y'all get there?
Speaker 13: I'll be at six o'clock.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm coming up there in five forty five. And guess what, mister Curtis, I'm gonna deal with your lillar by myself.
Speaker 13: Lord nog, come float up to that job. That job is you dog? Bring it up to the job. What can a car you say you have? Again?
Speaker 6: I said, I got a black seven fifty BMW. I'm coming up there when I get out of it. Hey, you ready here, Curtins, Hey, y'all ready.
Speaker 13: Already already know I'm gonna be ready, be ready. I'm having another verse on for you too. It's gonna say, Curtis, this bring you up black, up the good. You sound like you're black there.
Speaker 6: I'm black, I'm black, my car black, and I'm finna get in You're black tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Tell you this stuff with me. I'm telling you, I'm.
Speaker 6: Just chalk.
Speaker 13: I'm telling you this. You want you know, I'm telling you it works to me me. You want to take you?
Speaker 6: Tell man, I got one more thing I need to say you Curry, you listen to me? What is you listening?
Speaker 13: Jure?
Speaker 6: This is Nephew tire Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your boy DC, who do valet parking with you? What you say, Hey, curtis your homeboy that you do? Is it another guy worked there named TC that do valet parking? Yeah? Hey man, this Nephew tire Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. He got me the prank phone called you.
Speaker 13: Oh man, I'm gonna get that now, oh Lord, Jesus man, my mot was beat man. Law was beating so fast as I thought I was about to go back down.
Speaker 6: So Lord, you knew you you was going back. Lord.
Speaker 13: I'm chelling you, man. It was about to be over.
Speaker 6: It was about to be over.
Speaker 13: The first person I saw got out, he was about to get it.
Speaker 6: I'm chelling you, Curtis. You got to be strong, man. You're gonna be strong.
Speaker 13: Show for shure.
Speaker 6: You're strong man. A little bout always your bundy that has you going on? Man, just be strong. I hear you, hear. I'm not gonna talk.
Speaker 13: You know, I'm gonna keep it straight. Man.
Speaker 6: You know all right, man, stay strong. You gotta take care of this little girl. Boy. You can't go back in there. Alriddy, all right, I got one more thing I gotta ask you, man, what is what is the baddest sometime about the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 13: Man, that's Steve Hary Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 9: And now you have it, the nephew doing what I do on this grade, getting up winsday, moaning on this greed, getting up winsday, moaning, keeping it stupid, all right, when.
Speaker 2: Just just win in got my loose changed after Saturday May twenty seven. Everybody getting ready.
Speaker 9: Saturday May twenty seven, Detroit, Michigan is going down Jokes and jamsu hosted About Yours Truly. Tony Roberts is in the building. That girl, Kelly Kills is in the building. Donelle Rollins, Capone, Red Grant, Oh d Ray Davis at Chicago Boy Shytown. That boy is in the building, and juvenile is in the building. It is Jokes and Jams in Detroit, Michigan. That's Memorial Weekend, May twenty seventh at the Fox and tickets.
Speaker 2: On Seal Red.
Speaker 9: Now do you know what I mean? Now, that's a lot of stupid wrapped up in the one. You get all that and some jams with it. You don't want to miss the tickets on sale right now?
Speaker 7: All right, nephew, thank you.
Speaker 11: Coming up next, it is Ask the Clo with our Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey and the building.
Speaker 12: You're listening Harvey.
Speaker 7: Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 11: In entertainment news, Jay Z hopes to open a casino in New York's Times Square.
Speaker 7: Jamie Fox is said to be doing much better, and we'll.
Speaker 11: Return to TV as the host of an all news show on Fox and CNN, is replacing Don Lemon with Caitlin Collins and yet another shady move. We'll talk about that because it's all coming up at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo Tangy in Atlanta says, I want on a date with a guy that has potential, but I couldn't kiss him because spit gathered at the corners of his mouth.
Speaker 7: We've only seen, we've.
Speaker 11: Only been on one date, and I need to say something before he tries to kiss me again.
Speaker 7: How do I bring this up to him?
Speaker 5: Well, that is I know people that's got that that don't go away. Oh, they got conscious.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, is it a condition?
Speaker 1: You say it like it's a hot and mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen people with it on each corner spit gathering because they don't have feeling in the corner of their mouth. Because you know, you get a little spit on your mouth, you could feel it as it cool on the wind, right, But the people they don't have feeling in the corner they mouth. That's how to spit gather, Spit of go on the corner your mouth. If you lose your feeling in it, Like you leave the Dennis, you look.
Speaker 2: Like a food.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just so think about that.
Speaker 5: People lose the feeling, don't have real feeling in the corner they mouth and that spit gather.
Speaker 2: Now you got to constantly lick, and damn, you got to constantly do that. Do that corner lick. You know, you gotta other side and that because it fow them up, it gets thick. So I don't know what to tell you. Yeah, what should she do?
Speaker 1: You know he got it correct?
Speaker 2: How old is it? She didn't? This condition only gets.
Speaker 7: Worse them on or how does she bring it up to him?
Speaker 13: They?
Speaker 2: I don't know how she's gonna do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is the problem.
Speaker 5: But what you need to do it Just next time y'all going to date, take a big giant hand held with you. And then why he talking to Just hold that hand held up, he said, And then just that, do you see anything?
Speaker 11: Can you tell people that you tell women to marry men with potential? Now she said he has potential.
Speaker 1: I ain't saying he ain't got a petentiar But what about.
Speaker 5: Well that's got potential too, and if we'll do something about it, that's got put everything got potential. That corner mouse bit got potential to Now what we're gonna do about that? We need to dress this right now. You need to get your handkerchief, and every two minutes.
Speaker 1: Just damn.
Speaker 5: You know, act like you're eating, or do that corner tongue lip, you know, put a little buzzy in this pocket and when y'all out, press the button and shot his ass.
Speaker 2: Nick your mouth, baby, all right?
Speaker 11: Moving on to at least in Phoenix, at least right So, I'm a single mom of a thirteen year old son, and he was talking to a young lady saying that he was going to quote give it to her like she's never.
Speaker 7: Had it before. Then he told her that he loves her.
Speaker 11: I'm not worried about him having sex because I keep him real close to me.
Speaker 7: But is this normal behavior for a thirteen year old?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: He doing it, So what you need to know if it's normal for or now this conversation he have and you're talking about you don't worry about him having sick because you keep it real close to you.
Speaker 2: You think you watching ball all time?
Speaker 7: You turn on seven.
Speaker 5: You must got to be crazy. What do you know how you think he not ain't worried about it because I keep him close to me. You think you watched this boy all the time.
Speaker 2: Ain't you going to go to work? Don't he have to go to school?
Speaker 5: He just started this boy right here in his mind, he gone, he ain't coming back from this hill. Let me explain some of y'alls little boys, do not come back from that moment of.
Speaker 2: Wanting a girl.
Speaker 5: If you have a heterosexual child and he likes girls, that's that feeling.
Speaker 2: Don't retract or retreat. It's on and popping from this moment on.
Speaker 7: And he meant what he said, I'm gonna give it to you like you've never had it.
Speaker 2: Before right now.
Speaker 5: What you don't know at thirteen, that's exactly what it's gonna be. Like, Oh my goodness, you don't know what you're doing. But see, first of all, listen to me. You gotta have a conversation with this boy. Honestly, this is serious. Now, we got to have a conversation about your son, about this sex at thirteen, because he is of no value you to a girl right now, no value. He bring nothing to the table. He can't take care of hisself. Let loan on somebody else. Yes, And what we've got to teach our young men is to stop putting these young girls in these positions where they left holding the bags. And that's really a conversation we have to have. I've had that conversation with my sons. I said, look, man, be respectful of these girls out here, because what I don't want you to do is be the one that messages her life up. Get this girl pregnant, now you going off to college. Skip to the lou my dollar. And she's standing there trying to figure out what to do next because she got these babies.
Speaker 2: I say, son, that ain't right. And we got to talk to our sons like that. Yeah, and so at thirteen, this ain't cute, This ain't funny.
Speaker 5: It's real because if that girl is thirteen, she could be able to produce a child, right, yes, so oh now this is dangerous now on a lot of levels, because the worst thing can happen is when a child have a child.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, if you're a young woman with a child, this is like, this is what happened. But children having children that ain't good.
Speaker 1: That is right, that part that's not good.
Speaker 2: And then the parent wins up raising that child anyway, it's not a good slide.
Speaker 5: So taking all the jokes off the table, I would talk to my son about the responsibility that comes with that. And you can forget that little stupid statement you just made. You ain't worried about him having sex. You keep him close to you.
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah, lady, ye have no idea what these cats is capable of. You a little boy when he wants something. If I want to go outside and play football, you know what I've been able to do? What get outside and play football? So I'm take the whapon when you find out I'm fin played his football. Okay, that's football.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, there's some spots at that school. Trust me, there's some spots at that school that make it available.
Speaker 6: Man, all right?
Speaker 7: Last one, last one.
Speaker 11: Marissa and Flint says, I was searching through my husband's phone and he had a photo of a woman that used to work with him. She sent it to him and asked if he liked her haircut. He said he really liked it. He said, it's an innocent conversation with an old friend.
Speaker 7: Why does she ask my husband about her hair? Was she flirting?
Speaker 2: Yeah? She want your husband's opinion to hell you think what you grow?
Speaker 6: What? What?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: What she'd been with your husband? You don't see that?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry hard. All I'm saying is she want your husband's opinion. That's all I.
Speaker 7: See anything else she heard?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 7: Oh all right, listen, thank you.
Speaker 2: Colo.
Speaker 7: Coming up next, we have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show.
Speaker 11: Okay, So, Junior, before we get to entertainment news, please tell us about your Tears Hope Foundation.
Speaker 7: Uh, you're having your fifth annual five k run and fun walk. So how do we register? Tell us about it? Please?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is go to tears Hoope dot org.
Speaker 8: That's tears Hope dot org, k I E R s Hope dot org and you can register. Also, you can register volunteers June third in Dallas, Texas at the Market Hunt Hill Bridge, the same place we have it at every year. I'm excited to see everybody, everybody coming out walking for us.
Speaker 1: To help change the shape of sickle cell. That's what we do, Shirley, That's what we do.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We bring attention.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be some politicians out there that run with us. It's gonna be some city council members that come out and run with us. You know, it's just really a lot of fun. The children come out, they run in fun, they have running fun wall and the kids get first, second, and third medals.
Speaker 1: For the children, I give it to them.
Speaker 8: I give it to first, second, third overall for the men and women in the first second, I'm the first place for overall.
Speaker 1: But the biggest thing I thing.
Speaker 2: You're not getting the damn thing for eight no trophies. We ain't doing that. Go ahead, kill.
Speaker 1: Tell y'all.
Speaker 8: The biggest thing for the race. The biggest thing about the race, though, is the person that comes in the last place gets the biggest trophy.
Speaker 2: And that's.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, because they kept the fight.
Speaker 2: And that's what it's about.
Speaker 1: They kept the fight, sit the.
Speaker 8: Sell, and they get the biggest trophy man. And I'm telling you they actually be honest to get the trophy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: They carry it on for next year. They'll come and give it to the next person. You come out there and get it up.
Speaker 6: So that's it.
Speaker 2: That thing right there.
Speaker 7: To here's hope dot org, here's promise.
Speaker 3: You're ready?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah you talk about stop, yeah, you tell all the way three miles, three miles. You mean why I can hear my feet in the ground. Yeah, oh, you know, to shock to be coming up through my foot.
Speaker 7: All right, we're moving on, crazy man.
Speaker 11: Jamie Fox and Carin Fox that's his daughter, are returning to Fox TV and twenty twenty four for an all new TV show.
Speaker 7: It's called We Are Family.
Speaker 11: This breaking news came as Jamie is reportedly in a top rehabilitation facility in Chicago that specializes in stroke recovery, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injury. According to TMZ now, it is still unclear just what happened to Jamie, but he is expected to make a full recovery and begin filming.
Speaker 7: With his daughter as his co host on We Are Family. We Are Family will.
Speaker 11: Showcase relatives of celebrities performing duets with their hidden famous family member, and contestants will have to guess the celebrity performer for a chance to win one hundred thousand dollars to get from there.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, that'd be fun.
Speaker 14: All but all that hard thing.
Speaker 5: But I ain't gonna say the whole soul, just pap befuday.
Speaker 7: So the show is called We Are Family.
Speaker 15: We look forward to that it sounded fune yes that health core back Helter doing this thing.
Speaker 1: That's right well.
Speaker 11: Jay Z and Rock Nation issued an open letter sharing prospective plans for New York City's first extensive casino in Times Square. Now. According to the letter, a gaming license is going to be awarded to New York City and with the competitiveness of other potential buyers, jay Z and his company detailed how they planned to put the well being of New Yorkers at the top of their agenda and do right by its residents. The letter stated that there's no better location for a Caesar's Palace entertainment destination than the crossroads of the world Times Square. On the flip side, New York City's Broadway League president is opposed to the idea of a casino, stating that it challenges the cultural significance and the unique character that Broadway has delivered for New York for such a long time.
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, come on now, no, they got nothing doing your damn plays.
Speaker 7: Let jay Z have his casino.
Speaker 13: You know what.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not from New York, so I'm not an expert on New York. But I've seen the evolution of New York and Times Square. When I first went to Times Square at fifteen, Lord, have mercy. I stayed up all night walking on Times but street walkers, how can I put this? Prostitution was so huge at fifteen. I never saw in my life women look like that. They had on less clothes at fifteen, I kid you not. Yeah, I wanted to marry about ado. Yeah, and that's understanding. Quite understand.
Speaker 1: You know, this is why the Broadway man don't want it, just this story right here.
Speaker 9: Look well, look I love plays and I love Roulette. I don't make me make a decision. Okay, oh yeah, because it's gonna be ga. But I'm just saying the evolution of Times Square. They cleaned that up.
Speaker 5: Time Square used to be boy, it was a dangerous place to go, and so you know, they cleaned it up and it's done wonderful. There's nothing wrong with a casino.
Speaker 11: Right, yes, yeah, you already know what happen. And they and they said they have the best interest of New Yorkers.
Speaker 5: And don't nobody want to go to all their plays, all that sanging in the middle of and all this here, foy.
Speaker 2: Want to go No damn musical. We like the plays. Don't down do the plays?
Speaker 7: What's next?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: After stabbed somebody and you break out into a song? What is his fault?
Speaker 1: Coming up?
Speaker 7: In twenty minutes after? We're all right, we're done here.
Speaker 11: Have you ever had an audience that was so bad you wanted to walk off stage? Well, rapper Lil Wayne did. We'll talk about it right after this. What you're listening hard morning show?
Speaker 7: All right, guys, check this story out. I want to see if you can relate to it.
Speaker 11: Lil Wayne was on stage at the Wiltern in Los Angeles for the final stop of his tour on Saturday night. Once he finally hit the stage, it was all good for a while. When he took a break and allowed three of his young money artists performed, the crowd began became unresponsive. Lil Wayne returned to the stage and told his artists on stage, Hey, we appreciate it, but we ain't about to be bending over backwards for these folks.
Speaker 7: We worked too hard for this. We worked way too hard. Wayne then walked off stage for.
Speaker 11: The night, and after ten minutes or so, the crowd realized that Wayne wasn't coming back.
Speaker 7: He and his crew had left the building.
Speaker 11: So he didn't like the fact that the crowd wasn't responsive, you know, to what they were doing up there, So they just walked off.
Speaker 2: They just walked up, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I ain't mad at Lil Wayne. I mean because I don't really know the art for him, know what he does. But uh, you know, audiences, you're gonna run into tough audiences sometimes.
Speaker 1: Have you ever walked off though, No, because it's my job to perform.
Speaker 2: It's been.
Speaker 5: There are crowds that's tougher than other crowd. But I mean, you got to find a way. You know, he got a million hits. Rearrange the show dog dog talk, come out there with your heavy hitters and get the crowd on your side.
Speaker 2: He got enough hits. It sounds like somebody else was on safe like sound like Wayne was taking a break. That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 7: Young Money. Yeah, his artists were artists up.
Speaker 2: Or maybe Young Money, you know, they they didn't like them.
Speaker 1: But then look, Wayne come back.
Speaker 7: Wayne did come back. He did come back and just told his artists that it was working hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well Young Money was out there and acted like old pay Man's ass out of here.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know this story. I ain't never seen I ain't never heard of a problem before that.
Speaker 1: All part of that early on, Nikki and Drake and all of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you guys, have you ever wanted to walk off stage?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I've wanted off the stage. I ain't never been I ain't never darpped off stage. I've been put off stage. I've been put out. What do you mean the audience? Get your ass out of stage?
Speaker 1: That was early on in your career. Oh, man, that's a hard feeling you talking to me. You know the one up there?
Speaker 6: You know what up there?
Speaker 7: Check at the Apollo Blaney.
Speaker 1: No, No, this was in Birmingham a long time ago.
Speaker 5: Man, I had a bad horb for showing Birmingham wasn't in front of the Heart Foundation was in the room on the first night I got there, and it was a benefit.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it.
Speaker 16: Well, you know.
Speaker 2: The heart jokes I was doing.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: All right. I thought, terrible. We gotta go the Lord and humor that they could relate to this coming up.
Speaker 11: Next, Sister Odell is here. Right after this, you're listening morning show, Well, sister Odell is here.
Speaker 17: Will all you have to do is mention her name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wool.
Speaker 17: Look for me and I be yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Mad oh Dad?
Speaker 5: Well, Ray, the mall is every wash airy calling?
Speaker 1: See if your.
Speaker 2: Timmy, what's going on?
Speaker 6: What y'all?
Speaker 2: What y'all want to talk about? This motive? You know my time shout.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, sister will tell you know your good friend Martha Stewart, Yeah, mom, yeah, Martha Stewart is proving that you can be sexy at any age.
Speaker 7: I want to see if you agree with this?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 11: Did you know she was on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition this year?
Speaker 7: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Now it's a cutoff point for head.
Speaker 7: Sweet, Well, that's what she's trying to prove that it's not.
Speaker 2: She want to prove all you won't is the cutoff point. Don't nobody want that issue?
Speaker 7: But she's eighty one and she's.
Speaker 5: Just don't nobody won't a issue with anyone, you old mawful.
Speaker 7: She looks good, though, sister Odell have you they might will.
Speaker 2: To put her great great grandmama on that. And if they was gonna do.
Speaker 7: That, she looks good.
Speaker 11: She's posing in like this really beautiful white one piece Halter swimsuit.
Speaker 7: She looks great.
Speaker 6: So well.
Speaker 5: They had a great great grandmama on the cover the Liberty magazine in one time, and that didn't say nothing either.
Speaker 1: Liberty magazine.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody gonna ask me who a grandmamy is?
Speaker 7: Who is your grandmother? I was getting to that.
Speaker 5: Yes, that she rolls, you know, that was she got all that making stuff from every sit they helping made that flag and it just struck round in the family. Don't nobody I ain't even seen it, but don't nobody want to see what's her name?
Speaker 2: Martha Stewart, the Stewart. It is some years old with a baby suit on.
Speaker 5: No, she don't cheerlie, that's airbrush sweeting. This is no way, there's no way you cannot have brush hall and put on cocon No magazine.
Speaker 11: So you're saying, if sports Illustration that came to you and said they wanted to do an article, you would you would say, no, you wouldn't put not in a swim suit?
Speaker 12: And what then?
Speaker 5: I'm shamed to say this, but I did some pictures for one of my husbands this one time.
Speaker 1: But you did a photo shoot.
Speaker 5: I did a photo shoot with you know what y'all called it? Lingeride. We didn't have it back then, But I tell you what I had on though.
Speaker 1: Tell describe it.
Speaker 2: I had on a play text girdle.
Speaker 1: The original sphinks come on.
Speaker 5: With God to straps, cinnamon stockings on giving it to him, girl, I had my legs crossed with their nursing shoes on. It's dumb, girl about drove In. Why when I sent him that photo? You know it was in black and white. You know color hadn't come out. Hit yes me, the heat is Oh, we love Martha Stewart snooping. No, that's a friend snoopy job.
Speaker 2: I love snoop.
Speaker 1: But do you want to see him in the baby shit?
Speaker 7: Well, that's her point.
Speaker 11: She's eighty one. She wants to show you that you can still be sexy at eighty one.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody kill.
Speaker 1: And look at the pictures. Just how down in the water.
Speaker 2: It ain't showing nothing.
Speaker 7: Oh, there are plenty of pictures of her. She looks great, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Looks great.
Speaker 6: Girl.
Speaker 2: She sat covering up for you.
Speaker 7: Please, am I detecting a little hate?
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like. That's what it's un you callably, what you want to call it, you know, is y'all fee to be on that?
Speaker 2: Did they call y'all wonderful?
Speaker 1: You're spreading that hate.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking you know, you don't take these old white women to just put them on everything.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody want to see all that night?
Speaker 12: You know what the hell?
Speaker 6: Kid?
Speaker 5: You should have put hearth the kid on that Pearl Bailey one, No Now.
Speaker 11: Coming up next, Coming up next, it's the nephew with the prank phone call for today. Right after this, you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour, it's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is I told him about his wife and my side piece. We'll find out what that's all about just a few Yeah, you heard his wife and my side piece.
Speaker 7: Okay, but we'll get into that later. That should be fun.
Speaker 11: Right now, it's time for the nephew in today's prank phone called nephew, what kind of stupidity have you brought to us today?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What do you want? You know when you open up what you want? Appetizer? You want on trade? You won't desert? You know what you want? Why do you want me? Tell me what you want.
Speaker 1: Everything. Yeah, just get as much as you won't. Yeah, come back for more.
Speaker 9: You want, you want all you can eat, that's what you want. Yeah, okay, okay, I'm gonna give you all you can prank. Okay, all you can practice. Let's see right here, let me let me flip through my archives. We're gonna go down to the church.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 9: This one right here is don't come back to church. Don't come back to church. Have you ever gotten that phone call before?
Speaker 2: What they told you?
Speaker 9: Don't just don't come Yeah, we we just we just done want you as a parishioner. Just don't come back to church. You okay, but you can be put out now, it's yeah, they're supposed to get put out. Let's go get doc. Don't come back to church. And I mean that. Come on, hell, I'm trying to reach sister sure Reeves Mayfield. Deacon bounds from the from the church, bounds.
Speaker 13: From from church.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, ma'am, okay, from from from here. Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: His old phone on work? We're good?
Speaker 13: Yeah, my phone okay, okay, that I called it?
Speaker 9: The deacon bull didn't have a meeting as well as uh passes and uh they didn't have a meeting that come to the understanding that, uh, they're gonna ask you to not come to church right now because that about that the bars of your ear can James being in jail the way it is, and I want to I want you to just up. I don't know if they're gonna suspend you from church right now, but they are they thinking put a bad look on the church.
Speaker 16: My kids being in jail put a bad look on the church.
Speaker 9: Well, that's what that's what's what the that's what they come up with. Now we even have a meeting with the deacon boat and with Pasistos.
Speaker 16: I don't understand while y'all have a meeting about my kids in the church, what my kids got to do with the church.
Speaker 2: Well, what we're trying to do is show a good example to the youth that we got there.
Speaker 16: Okay, you can show a good example by me being there, paying my times and offering.
Speaker 9: Well, that's another thing that's been brought down attention that that we're gonna be calling a lot of members about it.
Speaker 2: People not paying the tithes and where they fold.
Speaker 16: I pay my task.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I don't know who told you that Deacon Bards. I don't even know, first of all, who you are, and I'm not trying to be mean to you, and I don't I don't even understand why you were how you even got my phone number. I paid my task, I paid my offering. Go on your computer at the church, call your secretary or whoever.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you this me if you do you pay your time according to what you make?
Speaker 16: Yes, I do check the books.
Speaker 9: Well, now what it is that we can't check the books, that we don't know exactly what you make is what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: What I make is my distance between me and Jesus. I give him his ten percent and that's all marks he'll need to know.
Speaker 9: And I understand exactly where you're coming from, but not The main issue on the table is about these boys and and and being you know, disrupted the way to here. They don't want that to be to bleed over into the youth.
Speaker 16: Quiet, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. First of all, I would appreciate if you would have Pastor to tell me this hisself. And then second of all, if somebody kids is having trouble in the world or whatever y'all supposed to pray for them, not put them after.
Speaker 13: Church or their mama.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm I'm what I'm we're gonna, we're gonna pray for and we're gonna pray for you too, But we don't want to share over to the youth that we got that doing good with it.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm gonna keep coming. Y'all can't stop me from coming to the church. I'm gonna keep coming. So I don't know who you talking to. And you tell a pastor to call me hisself and tell me I can't come to Hell, and you have nobody calling me telling me that I can't come to Hell.
Speaker 6: That is a free church.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get the passa called up.
Speaker 6: Why you get the.
Speaker 16: Pathtor to call me? Because you have no business calling me telling me that I can't.
Speaker 13: Come to God's house.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't want you to get in the up roll with me.
Speaker 16: Now, I'm not getting I'm not getting angry with nobody. I work. I don't work eighteen sixteen hours today. I don't have half nobody calling me telling me that I can't come to a church that I pay my path and offering it, not that I own the church.
Speaker 13: I pay my task because that's.
Speaker 16: That's due to God. But y'all really making me upset by telling me I can't come there because of my kids in they troubles.
Speaker 2: Where was you this past sunder you?
Speaker 6: Ques?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 16: I wasn't that church because I had over stept And why is that any of your business?
Speaker 2: Now? There you go being in uproad with me again.
Speaker 16: I don't know who this is. How could you call somebody about church buses over the phone.
Speaker 6: This don't make sense.
Speaker 2: Just Mayville.
Speaker 9: Hello, Yeah, one more thing, this nephew timing from the Steve Harvey Morning you just got.
Speaker 2: I got you, y'all.
Speaker 13: I'm like, who is this about?
Speaker 6: Church? Bis?
Speaker 2: You know what I like about you?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 9: Nobody gonna keep you out the Lord's House, Show up and show out every.
Speaker 1: Sunday, every Sunday.
Speaker 16: I'm coming to church in the name of Jason.
Speaker 7: That's right, baby, Thank you?
Speaker 9: Hey baby. Let me ask you something. That's the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 16: Now do you even have to ask me that? To Steve Hobby Morning Soup.
Speaker 2: David, y'all feel like going to church this morning?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 8: If we're gonna get put out, if we're gonna we'll get asked and leave now.
Speaker 9: I ain't gonna ask you to leave, but I'm gonna ask for some praise and pranks in here this morning. I need some praise along with my pranks. Are you feeling where I'm coming from?
Speaker 2: Saturday? Yeah, Saturday, May twenty seventh is going down. That's more day.
Speaker 9: Weekend jokes and jam d Ray Davis Juvenile is in the building down there, Rollins, Capone, Red Grant, Nephew, Tommy, Tony Roberts, Kelly Kells. The deck is stacked and it's happening in Detroit at the Fox Theater May seventh, Saturday night tickets are on sale right now.
Speaker 2: That's how you bring in more more a weekend. You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: You set that barbecue side, go get your laugh on, come on back to it. The ribs be ready when you get back to the house. Bring that out of one slab at a time. You don't keep that out in the open where everybody can see that.
Speaker 2: You don't do that.
Speaker 9: Okay, when you cook four slabs of ribs, Shirley, two of them go under the under the pantry away.
Speaker 2: They don't know the mother two was in there.
Speaker 9: That's that's my granddaddy told me that don't never it, don't never expose all your real you don't do that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So when you go in the pantry to get something, they're gonna say, what is this?
Speaker 6: Smellet so good?
Speaker 9: And speaking of fathers, let me let me put this out there, speaking of father's I would be at the Earthquakes Father's Day Comedy Show at the New Jersey Pack, the NJ Pack.
Speaker 2: Baby, you don't want to miss it.
Speaker 9: That is Father's Day Night, Father's Day Night, and tickets are already on sale right now. You got Downielle Rollins and nephew, tim Me, Tony Robins, Vanessa Fraction is in the building. And of course the one and only Earthquake Earthquakes Father's Day Comedy Show in J Pack tickets on sale right now Saturday, I mean a Sunday Father's Day six, eighteen June eighteenth.
Speaker 3: At the Pack.
Speaker 11: All right, nephew, thank you, which your stingy barbecue. Have himself coming up next Today's Strawberry Letter. The subject is I told him about his wife and my side piece. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show, Today's Strawberry Letter. It's brought to you by Gains Fresh Start to Summer. We partnered with Gaine for your chance to win one thousand dollars. That's right, I said it, one thousand dollars. Take your laundry experience to the next level this summer. Gain is the only laundry brand that can give you the same sent from start to finish. Take a big whiff of Gain flings, fabric softeners, scent beads, and dryer sheets Today to enter and get rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com and you might get a Fresh Start to Summer with one thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Thank you Gain. Now we're moving on to the Strawberry Letter. Okay, we got to get to this one.
Speaker 11: If you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com by clicking submit Strawberry Letter, we could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now. You never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: All right, buckle up and hold on time. We got it for you. Here It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Have you subject?
Speaker 11: I told him about his wife and my side piece Dear Stephen Shirley. I'm married to a wonderful man that I've not had sex with in years. We enjoy going to movies, plays, dinner, and sporting events, but we do not have sex. He doesn't mention it, and neither do I. A few years ago I heard he was seen at a white woman's house that works at the post office, but I didn't follow up on it. I'm seeing a man that I met four years ago over at my friend's house. My friend invited me over to meet the guy after I complained about not getting any I hit it off with the guy and he is an amazing lover and he's fine with it, just being that he's got a wife and she's never suspected that he's cheating on her.
Speaker 7: But not only is he cheating on her, he's cheating on me too.
Speaker 11: I went to get a hotel room for us, and the girl that goes to my church was at the desk. She told me that my side piece was in there with a heavyset woman the other day. I asked if she had proof, and she showed a picture to me that took that she took with her phone.
Speaker 7: It was that lowdown dog on the picture. I know the woman right off too.
Speaker 11: I work with her husband, and all he does is talk about how sweet his wife is and how good his marriage is. I couldn't wait to go burst his bubble and let him know he's wrong about his wife. He didn't believe me when I told him, so I asked the girl to send me the picture. When he saw his wife, he got mad at me and tried to get me suspended from work.
Speaker 7: I was only trying to enlighten him, and this is how I get treated.
Speaker 11: My side piece is scared his wife is going to find out about us, so he said he never wants to see me again.
Speaker 7: He had the nerve to say I'm crazy, and he threatened to tell my husband. But he doesn't care. Why is my side piece so upset when he started all of this? Are you for real? Lady? You're the one that created all this mess. You're all over the place.
Speaker 11: This is crazy to me because you have started all this mess all because you wanted to let someone know about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you. Yes, you're messy, Yes you're a petty. You've destroyed one marriage for the most part, and your side piece is afraid you might ruin his marriage too. That's why he wants nothing to do with you anymore. That's why he's calling you crazy. That's why the husband of this heavyset woman who was cheating with your man tried to get you suspended at work. Okay, you said you couldn't wait to burst his bubble. Well, now your bubble is the one that burst.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 11: Her husband had nothing to do with you and your cheating, and it was not your job to tell him. Okay, this is what happens when you do. You create messes like this. Keep your mouth shut, mind your business. And now you don't have a side piece because you ran your mouth. You almost lost your job, and your husband still isn't having sex with you. That's what you need to be worried about. Does your husband have a side piece? That's keep your business right there? Okay, Steve, Well, yeah, her husband got a side The white woman down the POSTO.
Speaker 5: I don't like this letter because I just don't understand the audacity that some people have. The whole letter is filled with audacity. That's the audacity of this woman who wrote this letter. Now you got this, here's out. The letter started I'm married to a wonderful man. Now, you would think that this letter's off.
Speaker 2: To a good start.
Speaker 5: That I ain't had sex within years. Well, so much for mister wonderful. That title get away from you real fast, right there. Ah, No wonderful man, we ain't such in years.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: We enjoy going the movies, plays, dinner, sporting Evince again, but we don't have set. He don't mention it, and neither do I. Well, the reasons y'all don't mention it, it's because y'all are having sex, she said. A few years ago, I heard he had been seen at a white woman's house that works at the post office. But I ain't follow up on it because I'm seeing a man that I met four years ago over my friend's house.
Speaker 2: Your friend, this woman's friend invited her over to meet this.
Speaker 5: Guy after I complained about not getting any I hit it off with the guy.
Speaker 2: He's an amazing lover, and he's fine with just being that.
Speaker 5: Well, not only did your friend introduce you to somebody that can be your lover, she introduced you to a family man. This guy, he's got a wife, and the wife has never suspected that he's cheating on her. But I know only is he cheating on her, He cheating on me too. No, no, no, no no, he's cheating with you, not all you, He not your us. What do you expect a cheatah to do?
Speaker 6: Gee?
Speaker 2: He know you married, you know he married you? Going along with it anyway? So what difference do it make?
Speaker 13: What you do?
Speaker 2: Extra? You crazy? All right?
Speaker 7: Hold that thought, Steve, Yeah, hold that thought.
Speaker 11: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter. Subject I told him about his wife and my side piece. You're listening, Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject I told him about his wife and my side piece.
Speaker 2: I told him this woman right here.
Speaker 5: Man, you know, what, have you ever met a person that can see wrong in everybody what they sell? You know, we all know a person that's always got something to say about what somebody else doing wrong. But we'll be describing their exact situations. But be taught thinking about it like it's unheard of. Girl, she just let her man do anything.
Speaker 6: What you know?
Speaker 2: And your man just everybody know your man So this is the case we have.
Speaker 5: This woman has this wonderful husband. So she say they ain't had sex in years. They go to movies and plays and everything. They really enjoy each other's company. And he ain't mentioned having sex with her in years, and she ain't mentioned it having sex with him because she heard he was with this white woman at the post office. She didn't look into it because she was complaining about not having sex. Her girlfriend introduced her to another friend, a man. They hit it off and they start having sex and he cool with just having sex with him. Well, your friend introduced you to a married man because your friend ain't got no scruples, because birds of a feather flock together. Your friend ain't got no scruples. She know you ain't got no scruples. So girl, let me introduce you to this married man, because you know we homewreckords. Let me introduce you to this married man and his wife will never know. Wow, So now you start seeing this man and his wife has never suspected that he's cheating on her. But not only is he cheating on her, he cheating on me too. To let her say, I went to get a hotel room for and the girl that goes to my church.
Speaker 2: Was at the death.
Speaker 5: We go some more message. Once you drave them church people in here we go. Then we go and now i'spit to get real mess. Now hotel room and the girl to go to my church was at the death. She told me that my side piece was in there with.
Speaker 2: A heavyset woman the other day. Now, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: How does the woman at the front desk that you went to get the hotel that go to.
Speaker 2: Your church, how does she know that this is your side piece?
Speaker 5: Well, because y'all go to the same hotel and church girl that peeped it before, and you done mentioned it.
Speaker 2: To her as far. Hey, look just keep this between me and you.
Speaker 5: She said, okay, So she told you that your side piece was in there with a heavyset woman the other day. I asked if she had proof. She showed me a picture to me that she took with her phone. Now, this heap of work at the front desk, she taking pictures of guest. Now, Lord have mercy man? Ain't this crazy?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: And then she said it was that low down dog getting the pictures. Women, who you saying that your side piece is a low down dog because he got the heavyset woman at the hotel.
Speaker 2: Ain't you a heavy Ain't you.
Speaker 5: A low down dog because your husband? Ain't your other husband a low down dog? Ain't the white woman at the post office a low down dog? And I guess you're saying that the heavyset woman, she must be a load dog too.
Speaker 2: Everybody low down dog?
Speaker 6: But you.
Speaker 5: Now showed me the picture. I noticed the woman right off. I work with her husband, and all he does is talk about how sweet his wife is and how good his marriage is. Now here come to hate. I couldn't wait to go bust this bubble and let him know he wrong about his wife. Wow, why that's your job? Why is that your job? Because she was in there? You have and c words of Chris Rock have selective outrage. Your ass is mad at the wrong people. Now, he didn't believe me when I told him, so I asked the girl to send me the picture. When he saw his wife, he got mad at me and tried to get me suspended from work. I was only trying to enlighten him, and this is how I get treated. You wasn't trying to enlighten him. You was trying to bust his bubble that you had ill intent. I tell people all the time, be careful about digging a hole for people, because your ass might wind up in that hole.
Speaker 2: And now guess what your ass is in the hole.
Speaker 5: My side piece is scared. His wife is going to find out about us. So he said he never wants.
Speaker 2: To see me again because he know you message. See, because you done told him.
Speaker 5: See, this is why your side piece don't want to see you no more, because you done sent the picture of the heavyset chick he was.
Speaker 2: With at the hotel to her hug.
Speaker 5: Now he see right now that you're willing to do anything, which he knew that from the beginning. So now he had the nerve to say I'm crazy, and he threatened to tell my husband, but he does not care. Why is my side piece so upset when he started all this? Lady, you got this whole thing. Christ, he didn't start all this. You started all this. You went to your friend, told your friend you wasn't having sex. Your low down friend introduced you to a married man. Y'all been having sex? Then you're married? Hunt does marriage?
Speaker 2: Dudes?
Speaker 5: You have in sex with the side piece? Side piece, he got a wife and another side piece. Now you mad at the side piece, so you call a side pieces husband to bust his bubble at work because he always dragged by how good that marriage is? Misery love comfy? Your marriage ain't nothing. You don't want nobody marriage, Heller. This whole letter is a mess. I don't give a damn what have none of y'all.
Speaker 11: Leave your comments on today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Barby FM, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast as well.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Steve.
Speaker 7: Coming up next in his Sports Talk with Junior right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening Hard Morning Show time now for Junior and sports Talk.
Speaker 7: What you got Junior?
Speaker 1: Yes or show.
Speaker 8: Game one of the Western Conference Finals was last night and the Lakers fell to the different Nuggets one twenty six to one thirty two differentations.
Speaker 1: One oh lead man.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what though, it's gonna be hard to be if you let jokers have a triple double.
Speaker 1: I know that you're gonna be hard.
Speaker 2: Thirty.
Speaker 8: I mean this boy just he has a different game. It just looks different. It's not fast, it ain't it ain't pretty. It's awkward and everything go in. He only missed five shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything go luck shot.
Speaker 2: He had hit a couple of luck shots though, and.
Speaker 1: Then you put in you put in Murray and he gave you thirty one. Man, It's just he had a luck shot too.
Speaker 2: He has some luck shots.
Speaker 1: Wowfess ball.
Speaker 8: But you just feel like the Lakers. The Lakers just it was just one game. Team You saying, just one game.
Speaker 5: They were shooting that their basket, Tommy, that they went in a lot of times.
Speaker 2: How they won.
Speaker 7: They get millions to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, Lebron.
Speaker 1: Gave twenty six at uh you know, a d half forty.
Speaker 2: But man, that wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: You know, the whole starting five differ Nuggets were all in double figures. Man, it's gonna be a good series.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that. It's what's up.
Speaker 1: They fired Doc Rivers in Philly.
Speaker 5: Yes, man, Doctor lost every time he got in the big ones.
Speaker 2: But that game wasn't Doc fault. I don't see as he show up. They did not. The MVP did not show up.
Speaker 1: He didn't show up, nor did Harden show up.
Speaker 2: Man, nothing you could do that ain't coaching. You gotta won it it's game seven.
Speaker 5: What can a coach tell you about Game seven in the finals to go to the championship?
Speaker 2: What do you got to say to you? It's what your whole life is built for, so.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you know, is it me?
Speaker 2: Uncle?
Speaker 8: Every time James Harden in the game seven, he just don't ever show up.
Speaker 1: He did it to us in Houston. He did the same damn thing.
Speaker 8: And you know what, you know what, I just don't think James, Jane hard needs to be like on team that Nevil make the playoff like Templewolf.
Speaker 1: Just gone down there, quit getting on because you cost.
Speaker 8: The people jobs. You cost that man his job that's caught that performance and then said, well, you know, it's just a relationship between me and the coach.
Speaker 1: No, it's you, James.
Speaker 8: It's just we're tired of you dribbling and let the clock go down to five seconds. You pass it and then we don't know who's shooting.
Speaker 1: You ain't shooting. You lose man. It's just too much. It's just too much, all right. Cut that damn be is what it is.
Speaker 2: Get over here with me and don't give a damn.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the hour, Steve, one of our listeners need some advice from you.
Speaker 7: We'll get into that right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening. She's Steve Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 7: All right, Steve.
Speaker 11: This came from Steve BARBIFM dot com. It's from Arthur in North Carolina. Arthur Wrights hate Steve. I need help with my wife because she doesn't listen to anything I say to her. I say go right, she goes left. We got married two years ago and she's fifty seven and I'm sixty. She likes to tell me that she's not the submissive type, and she was doing fine before we got married. I told her, I expect her to be a wife and let me run the house. She acts like she is still single. How do I get some control and get her to settle into the marriage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you must have just gotten married. Yeah, because your dumbass off. So let me tell you. So, your dumbass ain't figured this out right here.
Speaker 5: So you trying to tell me that before y'all got married, everything was cool, and then afterwards you tell her to go left, she go right. You want to get control of the marriage and you want her to be submits. See, and she done told you that? Ain't what she doing, how do I get some control in my house? Well, I don't know what to tell you, but it don't look like you're gonna get that. I don't think you're gonna get that with her.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: That don't make the marriage not work, I said, But you're gonna have to be a little bit more compromised.
Speaker 2: I guess, did you really think if you married her, you was gonna beat the fosse?
Speaker 1: You didn't.
Speaker 5: You didn't think that that y'all house. You thought that you was in charge of everything. Author, that's author, that's not had as well you and Junior. Let me tell you, no, no, don't put me over there with author. I know I find out month too.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, yeah, but see you see you you questioned her, and it's kind of like you this is this is an old version.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See see you young and you young fool, and here old food. When you hear the old food, it kind of makes you go out.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't like that.
Speaker 5: But if you keep on, yeah, you gonna see right now you're at the early stage and the foolishness. You're not really a fool right now because you're questioning it and you're learning as you go off and never learned. I can't help you off. Next question, you can't help hell, No, I can't help off, all right.
Speaker 7: This one's from Dard.
Speaker 5: Days in my House. Off, I ain't running a damn thing either, so I don't know what to tell your partners, all right.
Speaker 7: This one's from Dot in Nevada.
Speaker 11: Dot says I'm dating a younger man and he can't keep up with my schedule. I would like to see him every night for sex, but he said he has other things that are more pressing.
Speaker 7: That he's got to get done. How can he be too busy to have sex every night?
Speaker 5: Because he's a younger man and he's working on his grind and hustle. And until he get his grind and hustle together, he ain't got time for sex every night. This still young dude trying to get his paper up, trying to get his career move right. That's why he ain't got time. You thought you was gonna hire a little boy toy, But little boy toy got a plan.
Speaker 2: I want every night every night. Let me tell you something. Sometimes women think they more than they are. Hello.
Speaker 5: Hello, you know you don't want this? Hello, No, not everything you ain't all that. Sometimes all this is too damn much to her, pulling out all the trunks and stuff under the bed. I ain't asked for all that. I don't want all that tonight. I don't know how to cut that one on. I don't know how that operates. I don't like that noise in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: I don't like all that.
Speaker 1: But she wrote the letter that asked for advice, and you kind of well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want them feathers I don't like. I don't like. Yeah, I don't want do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not doing it every night too much. Don't nobody want this every you don't?
Speaker 2: So what should she do?
Speaker 7: Get with someone who does want it every night?
Speaker 5: Well, see, if he's a great guy, let you do get his hustle in his work on. He can't come by there every night, all right, guy, Okay, Well he doing something.
Speaker 2: You wanted it. You want it every night, and he don't.
Speaker 7: She said, he can't keep up with her.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just knew alert news alert.
Speaker 9: Men don't want it every night, ladies, trust news alert We don't not from the same.
Speaker 2: To the break right.
Speaker 11: Coming up in twenty minutes twenty minutes after the hour We'll have more of this ignorant show right after this.
Speaker 2: I hate the men on the shop.
Speaker 7: You're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, So this is great news and not surprising at all because this young man is just amazing, so amazing. Jalen Hurts, Okay, the quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles, just earned a master's degree in human relations from the University of Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: This just happened on Friday.
Speaker 11: As a native of Houston, Texas, Hurts played college ball at the University of Alabama, where he earned a bachelor's degree in Communication and Information sciences in just three years. In twenty nineteen, Hurts transferred to Oklahoma to pursue his master's degree. So congratulation from Bretz to Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 7: And he's cute. Did we mention that he's so cute?
Speaker 2: I'm going back and play for Houston.
Speaker 1: We've been transferred to play ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll give you a round applause. So I applaud people who get educated. Man, going to high education. That's something I never did. So I applaud people who do that. He ain't gonna need none of that though. Day on football. Get this guarantee. See those to Joya to get you a business somewhere because he will not be working in the day on HR department.
Speaker 2: I take that.
Speaker 1: But he loves black women. Shout out to.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, congratulations Jalen. And once again, I just respect people to get high education. That's something I never got. But I don't want people to get hung.
Speaker 2: Up on that either. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: If you got a degree and it ain't got you where you want to get to, why would you go get another one of them?
Speaker 13: You know what?
Speaker 11: Because all right, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it.
Speaker 7: Would you rather right after this?
Speaker 12: You're listening Harvey Morning Show?
Speaker 11: It it's time now for a rounded? Would you rather would be? Would you rather be terrible with names? Just terrible with people's names, or would you rather be me?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Uh huh?
Speaker 7: Would you rather be terrible at recognizing your old friends? Which one too, and that comes.
Speaker 8: With age upsets a lot of people too. Oh yeah, but that's my line. Yeah, I remember, you can't tell you who you is though I remember?
Speaker 1: But do they say you real? Hollywood?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh you don't remember me? Did you get that?
Speaker 9: Then they try to, but then they go to something like, okay, it was it was it was you and Steve and y'all in the radio, and I was on the front road where you'all was doing a reload.
Speaker 11: It was at home.
Speaker 9: Depot by eight years ago. And Charlotte, you don't remember that, And I remember what I told you. I said, dude, are you serious? Are you serious?
Speaker 7: Is it easier to do that? Do that or just say yeah, I remember you? Oh yeah, o depot like you knowing?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tried not to lie like that though. Yeah, I ain't got nothing for you, all right?
Speaker 11: Would you rather always always eat all meat well done? Or would you rather eat soggy cereal? Well done meat or soggy cereal? I don't want that, so see now, so well done, I.
Speaker 2: Need some crunch in my cereal. Yeah, I can't eat that well done as it's meat.
Speaker 7: That's so you're gonna you're going with the cereal?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even got to steal no damn waist.
Speaker 9: I guess we're just gonna drink the milk and leave the soggy part in the bund.
Speaker 2: Well, man, ain't like I ain't had a real lymph corn flake before.
Speaker 6: He like.
Speaker 2: You and hanging off that spoon. He piling up on that high.
Speaker 5: You know, if it's actually good, you get a big, big spoon of that lymp ass corn flake, you actually go down pretty good.
Speaker 2: My father in law, he loves raising brand.
Speaker 5: But you have to pour the milk on the razor brand and let it sit for about thirty minutes before he eat.
Speaker 2: Soft.
Speaker 5: Hey man, let me tell you when he first came to the house and did that, and I saw it on the table and threw it away. I said, man, he let this go bad boy. He came in there looking for that seal. He said, we're in the well through this seal. I ain't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 7: What would you rather sleep with the air on sixty five?
Speaker 11: Sleep with your wife with the air on sixty five, or would you rather sleep alone on the couch with the air on seventy two?
Speaker 2: The couch all day? I have been frozen a miny night.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 5: Me and Tommy we ball hit it that little happy coming out that vent in that room sixty It feel like somebody that licked you on the top of your head and it's not blowing on it.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel the whole damn night. Feet in head is freezing.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, I woke up with the flu. All right, Junior, got heir, We'll be back.
Speaker 11: We're gonna drest well with the last break of the day and some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, here we are, last break of the day, last break of the day on this Wednesday.
Speaker 7: It's been a good day.
Speaker 5: Hey, can I say something before we before I take some questions from y'all.
Speaker 2: It's about the Ja Moran situation in Memphis.
Speaker 5: You know, I feel badly for the city of Memphis because they have a real chance at a great basketball team. Of course, Memphis, like other big cities, has other problems crime, you know, gun violence, you know, it's major problems over here. So John Morant is not a major problem for Memphis. But I've been thinking more and more about this young cat man, and I you know, look, I've been reading a lot of commentary about what people are saying, and it amazes me the number of people who keep trying to make allowances for what has happened. Give him a break, he young. He twenty three, he's surrounded by the wrong people. You know, friends should look out for him. At what point do we have to bear up to our own responsibility, Because at twenty three you are old enough to know better. Think about the people in your family, think about your life. At twenty three, when were you brandishing a gun? I mean, just think about it, And I mean not many multi millionaires brandish guns.
Speaker 2: Not many. Not many.
Speaker 5: If God puts you in a place, appreciate the place. Don't keep going back to what God then delivered you from. And y'all is not even going back. He wasn't raised that way. This guy's talent level is so extreme that he has been a star athlete the majority of his life. I'm pretty sure in high school he was that dude. In college he was that dude. And now he in the Memphis Grizzly and he that dude again. We allow some people to slide through the cracks and crevices of responsibility. But to whom much is given, much is required. Stop telling me Steve he only twenty three years old. Give him a break. It's a lot of twenty three year olds in the league right now. They not on Facebook live. They not going live brandishing guns. You can't have the same thing happen to you twice and you don't learn the lesson. This is about taking responsibility yourself.
Speaker 2: This ain't his friend's fault. This is his fault. This comes from if.
Speaker 5: His father would get off the sideline and stop shining and grinning with all these damn celebrities and taking advantage of your son's notoriety and fame and start acting like somebody's daddy instead of his friend. You get his boy a shot before he messed up his life and career, spent his whole life playing this game. He is at the highest level of it right now. There's no bigger stage than that NBA. It's the ultimate And this catch out hre can ball doog. But when you sign that contract, there's a conduct clause in all of these leaves and you have to hear to it. So stop making excuses. And we're not gonna use this mental illness thing either. We're gonna stop using that because some of this stuff ain't mental illness. Now, Tommy says something earlier. Tommy said, what if that gun go off? Wow, Tommy said this, what if that gun go off? And you and you shoot somebody for you to messed up two lines. Now yours in there because guns go off all the time. Jason Williams was an NBA basketball player, had a gun house, a shot gun, playing with it and kill the limo driver in his house.
Speaker 2: I remember then they tried to cover that up.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 5: Boris Plexico Bears shot hisself in the leg.
Speaker 2: With a gun in a club in New York.
Speaker 5: I'm pad y'all stop making excuses and we got we Now something has to happen now now, ain't no need of y'all talking about this cause he black. We could, we can take that one off the table because the NBA gonna come down hard on this kid. But they they let him off the hook easy with that eight games. It ain't gonna be eight games this time. This thing ain't gonna be ugly. Ain't no lesson like a bault Lesson because he fitting to lose hundreds of millions of dollars. This could cost him hundreds of millions because the sponsors not gonna stay with him.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, I have a question between these young guys in their twenties and between them getting into the the league and making all this money, where is the They've never had this kind of money before they came from wherever they came from. Then they're all of a sudden thrust into this role model position, this big money position. What I mean, what happens between that time when they have nothing to the money? Where Why isn't there something set up or is there where to train them to, you know, to get them? Do you understand what I'm trying to say? There needs to be something. There's a gap there between nothing in something.
Speaker 2: But they've been on a pedal stal from since they were kids. You know, these guys at a superstar, they've been on a pedestal. They've been by the whole time.
Speaker 9: So now when you get to the league, now we adding the money to it, so now it's even it's bigger than that, it's huge.
Speaker 5: You know, the NBA has programs, the NFL has program I'm actually working on a program right now with the NBA and the NFL with the Players Association to try to help bridge that gap.
Speaker 2: But there is there is nothing, no school for this. You just have to learn the lesson.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you substructive behavior.
Speaker 5: You got to add whatever age you run into this money, you got to understand the blessing that it is.
Speaker 2: I ran up been to some money around thirty eight, thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Dude, good fay.
Speaker 2: You have some sense when you go wrong.
Speaker 5: If I'd have ran up in this money twenty five, I'd have ruined it, but it not wouldn't have been causing no damn gun.
Speaker 2: Hey y'all, y'all have a great day. We just talked it. Talk to God, he loved to hear and talk to job.
Speaker 11: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Harvey Morning Show