Speaker 1: Jim Brown, retired athlete, actor, and prominent activist, has died. Jim Brown was eighty seven years old. His wife Monique confirmed his death on Instagram Friday with this caption, quote to the world, he was an activist, actor, and football star. To our family, he was a loving and wonderful husband, father, and grandfather.
Speaker 2: Our hearts are broken.
Speaker 1: Jim Brown will forever be remembered as one of the greatest football players with the Cleveland Browns from nineteen fifty seven until nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: True legend. That's allergic now, hey man.
Speaker 3: He gave us the only championship we've ever had nineteen sixty four against the Baltimore Coats. I was seven years old, sitting against the refrigerator that we had in our dining room watching Jim Brown on a thirteen inch TV. Come on, boy, boy, wow the Baltimore coach that I was hooked. I was a football fan. We ain't won since until Lebron came back. I've been to Jim Brown's house in LA I've set with him on panels before he then sent me jerseys. I got Jim Brown jerseys at my house. He was just a good dude man, an activists. He been fighting for black folks since he got in the league.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Not only was he one of the greatest running backs of all time, but this dude right here was a hell of a man when it came to black folks.
Speaker 4: He fought for black people.
Speaker 2: He's a good actor too.
Speaker 4: He put some movies on Yep.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, riplens Yep to the Brown Family.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Switching gears now and moving on to comedian and actress Tiffany Hattish. Tiffany had her first ever star studied hugely successful she Ready Gala in downtown LA on Friday night. Proceeds from the gallop will benefit her she Ready Foundation, which she created to help foster children. Tons of celebrities were in attendance, from Paris Hilton as a DJ to Snoop Dogg and Mario Mario, the singer. Mario performed. The gala was raised over. It raised over a two hundred thousand dollars, had a big prom thing, so guests took prom pictures and drank spiked punch, just like at a real prom.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, thank you for her yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: The supporting celebrities, Yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 2: Costs she read.
Speaker 1: And Jay Z and Beyonce have purchased the most expensive home in California state history.
Speaker 2: This is according to TMZ.
Speaker 1: The Carters now own a thirty thousand, thirty thousand square foot home located in Malibu. It overlooks Paradise Cove. Guess how much it costs? Just take a while, guess the house already was eighty.
Speaker 2: Two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: You're gonna pass. You ain't gonna pass. Only what you're gonna do with it. You can stop talking about this story for my wife.
Speaker 2: And then what.
Speaker 4: I bet that thing? Lord, I bet that thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they're moving out their creyo though.
Speaker 3: Wow ye thirty But but but the profit they gonna make on the house they move out of, somebody gonna have a chance to buy Beyonce and jay Z's house.
Speaker 4: Wow, because the house they got now was eighty.
Speaker 1: Okay, so why your heads you could afford it? Would you purchase a house for two hundred million dollars?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how would you do Hell? What you mean? Why would you do it? Why would you not?
Speaker 3: M hm? See listen, man, see yeah, here's it's what people keep saying. I would never do that. You would never do that based on your line of thinking. Now, but what are you gonna do with they got they're worth billions? What are they gonna do with the money if they don't spend it? Yeah, well what what You're gonna leave it all behind? But you're gonna say and then y'all need to stop all that. Well, they could do so much more for other people. Hold up, hold up, they.
Speaker 4: Do it a lot.
Speaker 3: They do a lot for other people, because I get that throw on my way a lot of time. You're gonna spend your money on all them clothes. You could be feeding some people.
Speaker 4: I do feed people, yes.
Speaker 3: But I can't feed them all my money, right right, Come on, now, y'all.
Speaker 4: Got to pay taxes.
Speaker 3: But you don't want to pay all your money in taxes, right, So you know, man.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let's let's let's get out of break.
Speaker 3: I learned a long time ago to stop saying what I would never do because I made promises about pride. I saw pair of shoes one time and the guy told me that the shoes was five thousand dollars, and I said, what, No, I.
Speaker 4: Go one better than that? How bev that?
Speaker 3: On silhouettes in Dallas in nineteen ninety gave me a pair of seven hundred and fifty dollars Morey shoes as a gift. I couldn't believe it, I said, bro, I don't care what I make. I never spend seven hundred and fifty dollars. He was Nigeria. He said, I am investing in you now because you are not only going to buy one pair, you are going to buy mini pair. I said, hi, Bee, I would never pay seven hundred and fifty dollars for a shoe. Boys, I was up in the house by I was on that wall like I was in the candy store.
Speaker 4: Give me that one in.
Speaker 2: Green Yeah, two towns and.
Speaker 3: I ended up paying seven fifty four a shoe, I said, I would never spend. I saw a shoe for five thousand dollars a worthy time. I never spend five thousand dollars on a shoot. What you gonna do with the money, then what I get it?
Speaker 4: I get it? Hell yeah, If I had the money, I'm buying two hudred million dollar house. Get thee I buy two hundred million dollar house right now?
Speaker 3: WHOA, I'm in a real situation now, two hundred million. I'm in a full blown situation. I can create a real problem for.
Speaker 4: My old lass.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour. The fall up from John Morant continues as Nike is pulled the sneakers from its website.
Speaker 2: We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show