Speaker 1: Good morning in Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo God peace to the plane.
Speaker 3: It is Tuesday, and we have just hilarious here with us. She's not our special guest, so she doesn't want to be called a special guest. She don't want to be called the special guest.
Speaker 4: Just a special co host, just a special removed guests. Okay, all right, yeah, like it is groovy, groovy, that hands hilarious. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I got a haadcut. That's why yesterday I ain't had no haircut. That headline was right here yesterday. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But she looked nice.
Speaker 2: She looked yes.
Speaker 5: Skin glow.
Speaker 2: You ain't about the skin.
Speaker 4: I know your skin is mad glowing. You know it's always pretty.
Speaker 1: Not no vac. That is doctor Nataja Sandy polished product.
Speaker 4: Baby right Okay, And look I can only vouch for it because I just recently visited her. Got my chemical pill. I'm getting my skin, my skin done. But listen, you you should have prepped me a little bit more. Natasha Sandy sane to be played with. I walked I walked in there, right, and she was like, you smoke And I was like, yeah, what's up? And she was like, what do you smoke out of? I was like backwood. She was like, yep, I can see it all.
Speaker 6: Leave it.
Speaker 4: I said, Yeah'm gonna watch somebody else that's this. Yes, she will look at you and she can pick apart your face literally and see what you're doing, what you're not doing. She said, you eat way too much dairy. All of a sudden, like damn, she was reading my life and that's the first time somebody ever read me.
Speaker 2: And it was true and backwards.
Speaker 4: What it is.
Speaker 2: I just want you to smoking backwards with dary smoke them. No more papers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: That's not a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well she got she got a bag full of bag full of cannabis this morning.
Speaker 2: So good cannabis, that's right, So she's good this morning. Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Now who got joining us this morning? We had the brother Jamore.
Speaker 1: Bowman, Congressman Jamal Bowman. You probably seen Congressman Jamal Bowman lately in the news. He got into it with a congressman from Kentucky over guns. He got into it with Marjorie Taylor Green last week over. I don't even remember what they was all getting over. We'll talk to him about a whole bunch of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a lot to discuss. And then Lebron James Lakers are out. Do you watch the game?
Speaker 2: No, that game beyond too late. I watched the first half.
Speaker 3: Watched the first half, and they were up by but twelve in the first half, had like thirty in the first half, thirty one in the first half. Yeah, so we'll discuss that as well.
Speaker 2: I say, you might retire. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: He said that last I said, I don't think so, though, I think he wants to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with his son, gonna be in the league til twenty four, two years. It's a long time. He's thirty eight. He's still dropping forty eight though. That's a long time when you thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Still dropping forty eight though, been in the league twenty years. All right, Well, we'll get tell all that when we come back. Front Page News and Tesla and figure Out will be joining up.
Speaker 4: So don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Owning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Jess hilarious is he?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 3: And let's get in some front page news now. I want to start off with the homie Carmelo Anthony. After nineteen seasons, Carmelo Anthony has decided to retire from basketball. Six All Star games, he averaged twenty four point seven points. He had a total points of ten thousand, just amazing. The only thing he was missing was a ring.
Speaker 2: What happened? Man got caught it in reading like Jess.
Speaker 3: Now, I was just looking at I was just looking at all his accolades, and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything that you know that he did of from the Olympics to everything or I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Speaker 2: But the only thing he didn't get is a ring.
Speaker 1: I mean, Mello wanted the best to ever do it. One of the greatest offensive players we've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Absolutely now question who should retire his jersey?
Speaker 2: Uh, the Nicks and the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: He was number fifteen, the Nuggets and jokers number fifteen.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening.
Speaker 1: They just have to put something in the raptors that that ain't that number fifteen is only going up with a joker.
Speaker 2: You ain't got worried about that now.
Speaker 3: Also, the Ellie Lakers was sent home. Yesterday, the Nuggets beat the Lakers one thirteen, one eleven. They swept the Lakers, and this is what Lebron said after the game.
Speaker 7: I might have to say it's a successful year because I don't play for anything besides winning championships at this point in my career, and I don't. I don't get a kick out of making a conference appearance. I've got it a lot, and it's not fun to me to not be able to be able to be a part of, uh, you know, getting to the finals. But but let's see, we'll see what happens going forward.
Speaker 8: But I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I had a lot to think about, to be honest. I had a lot to think about, to be honest, and just for me personally going going forward with the game of basketball, a lot to think about.
Speaker 1: I don't think Lebron James is the greatest player of all time like some of y'all, But if you want to argue to on down, I'm fine with that. But man is absolutely one of the best to ever do it. So to me, this loss doesn't help our hurt his legacy. Like like he said, he's been to the Western Conference. He's then conference finals a bunch of times, Conference finals a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, it don't help our hurt his legacy.
Speaker 3: To me, I do think he's gonna stay two years. I think he wants to play with his son, and I think he's that's his goal.
Speaker 1: Well, he said he contemplated. We cut it off, but he said he's contemplating. He said he has a lot to think about in regard his future in basketball.
Speaker 3: And to all the kids out there that's listening. You know, Joker was second round pick. He was picked forty fourth, so there was like forty four teams that had the option to pick him and pass didn't think he had what it takes.
Speaker 2: And now he's probably one of the best.
Speaker 1: And he's badly built, dropping the clues bombs for all the badly built people out there. Man, badly build people don't get enough credit, you know what I mean, And jokes, he's representing for all the badly built humans on the.
Speaker 2: On the planet.
Speaker 4: What's your man?
Speaker 2: Hold up? You need a BBL. He needed a.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, he needed BBL. But he's said, one of the best in the league by far.
Speaker 2: Tests and figure out.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into his Senator Tim Scott.
Speaker 9: Yeah Tenator Tim Scott of South Carolina announced Monday that he is seeking the Republican nomination for president in twenty twenty four. Now, before the senator pitched his vision to America, his voice pitch was actually trending on Twitter about how he started the speech. Let's take a listen and listen to what he had to say about America and oppression, and we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 7: But also in the words of Tim Scott or Uncle Timmy, he also gets his all for.
Speaker 2: The great state of South Kacka Lackett.
Speaker 3: What the hell was that?
Speaker 2: A living proof?
Speaker 3: But America is the land of opportunity and not a land of oppression.
Speaker 2: Let's go South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Chauton, ain't four to three what we're doing dropping the clues Bob in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Then at South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Don't like anybody back in the day, we might have used to say that, I don't say so, calculating I don't like it.
Speaker 9: Well, a couple of recaps of the speech. Just quickly he went on to say that America was not a racist country. He said, no CRT more you know, more CRTs and uh more ABC, no CRTs and more a b c's uh he said, refunding the police. And also there was a moment where his mic went off. He was about to tell another lie about what America was not and the mic shut off for maybe close to a minute. Uh So the speech was very interesting to watch and in regardless if I agree with his views or not, I'm just gonna be honest with you guys.
Speaker 4: He is not an order.
Speaker 9: I mean it just it was just a lot of awkward moments. I don't know if they spend a lot of time rehearsing or not rehearsing or what. But it's going to be interesting to see if you know, how he proceeds.
Speaker 4: Uh during this time.
Speaker 1: Sator Tim Scott brings it after the breakfast club, is.
Speaker 4: He gonna come?
Speaker 1: Well, you know him and him and Marco Rubio, they was on zoom with us one time during COVID.
Speaker 2: They that through during cod COVID.
Speaker 1: But you know I told him that, you know, you run up for president, you need to come up here and I'm talking to the people. I'm sure you will.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, that is front page news Tesla will see in a couple of minutes. Absolutely everybody else, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone line to open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now, get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it.
Speaker 2: Off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: Hello, who is this.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Load it up?
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 10: Man already had told about my from like, yeah, change.
Speaker 11: The game.
Speaker 12: About this.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Is older, Bro, he doing himself.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love what you just said. Though he's no, he's know Michael Jordan Kobe. As long as we can say that that, we can have any conversation.
Speaker 12: But you don't change the game though, bro, Like he's his own. But he changed the game.
Speaker 1: Then, But why do we act like somebody like like but listen, I'm with you, But why do we act like somebody like Lebron not supposed to have hats with all Lebron's success comes those credits.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's saying why I gotta be you. I'm not a Lebron hate Okay.
Speaker 1: I just don't got to miss my greatest of all time. But I acknowledge him as the top five great all time great He's definitely one time.
Speaker 3: He's definitely one of the greatest. I mean the fact that he's thirty eight years old, scored.
Speaker 2: Forty eight last night. He leads the NBA in scoring.
Speaker 3: He has an amazing assist record, amazing rebound records.
Speaker 2: He's something that we haven't seen before. But listen, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Somebody like Lebron James is supposed to have haters. If you don't have no critics, you don't have no success. When you with all that ultimate success is gonna come ultimate hate.
Speaker 2: That's just the way the game goes.
Speaker 4: I even like the Space Jam. Everybody was like, but he ain't really do you want too far?
Speaker 2: Ain't you good?
Speaker 4: Well? Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan wasn't exactly Denzel Washington in the first one.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna like? What you mean?
Speaker 4: Space Jams?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 12: Hello from George in the morning. I just want to follow up from yesterday. Say, NB, I appreciate everything you do. Welch, it's a freaking fool. I don't like him, but saying nothing about you? All right, Well, thank you brother, than I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: If you pleasing, bro, just talk about thank you?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 5: Who's this yo?
Speaker 12: What's up?
Speaker 13: It'd be this you boy?
Speaker 14: Dingo?
Speaker 2: Digo? What up?
Speaker 3: Dingo?
Speaker 2: Can't go? Bluie brother?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 4: What's good?
Speaker 2: Sean?
Speaker 3: How you doing that?
Speaker 2: Blessed Black? And Holly Favor? Say? What's up to? Jesse? Alarry? Jeff?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm good baby? Thank you?
Speaker 15: Oh you are still beautiful?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yes, I do think.
Speaker 1: I'll be seeing these comments. I'm like, y'all, y'all wild on Jeff. Y'all love just so much.
Speaker 13: Look, I can't help it. That's fine. You know the comedian i've ever seen, thank you about when she gets talking with don't know how to say peas and all that. I'm telling you for.
Speaker 4: That, okay, all right, that's what you're called for. What's t.
Speaker 16: Bro?
Speaker 13: First off, I gotta tape, I said to y'all for y'all should happening, y'all mail please check for it. I appreciate it. Also, you gotta love to me. I'll got a Boston bro, I don't know what's going on, but Lost this fasher who knows. But it's getting not for real like this dude Wilder is throwing too much envy. Understand you were burgal like me. So we're gonna go in. But I just see the baby take a step back, beat a bigger man and just you know, because he on some weird stuff. Though you in a whole different level. I don't want you to stoop down to Lost no more. You just taking take it easy?
Speaker 17: How come?
Speaker 1: When I said, is how you need to pick a side?
Speaker 4: Said it's the delivery us.
Speaker 2: When I said, Chyl, you're pick a side? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, take a step back, Brothers breathe, you know what I mean. We don't need nothing of this. Nobody's gone too far on both sides.
Speaker 3: The morning Breakfast Club, Hello, that's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'm a very get her off your chest brow.
Speaker 12: This is uber, Mike k two things this morning real quick?
Speaker 15: Can you think Jess hilarious are part time permanent guests show?
Speaker 2: We mean a part time permanent guess.
Speaker 15: Because that's a tree.
Speaker 12: When she keeps coming back, I don't want it. I don't want her to stay there and we gets tired of her. I want her to come back off and on.
Speaker 1: You ain't got tired of me and envy and thirteen years or maybe y'all have.
Speaker 4: Fast.
Speaker 17: But okay, yes, you got to get the prids.
Speaker 12: I heard you talking about the PRIs back in the day.
Speaker 5: What you got to get You.
Speaker 4: Can't pronounce peace back in the day like Prince PRIs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a call.
Speaker 4: No, I know what it is. But no, I didn't say I didn't like them. I said I wouldn't drive. I said, I've seen a couple of Mexicans how ab out of like one? And I was like, damn, how do y all fit in? That's what I said. I ain't say I didn't like them. I just like it was too many people in one.
Speaker 1: Before Prizes though, Mexicans was jumping out of smaller cause even before the pre.
Speaker 4: Morning though definitely, thank you so much. Yeah, but that's yeah, it was. It was a bunch of bunch of Mexicans that jumped.
Speaker 2: Up, all right. That's always been a thing though.
Speaker 4: It's Mexicans jumping out of priez A bunch of them. Yeah, Yeah, that's why I love talking about Mexicans. They like to be around each other. A lot of them they huddle.
Speaker 3: You get your community group eight hundred out that one O five water if you need to hit us up now, it's the Breakfast Cloagan Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's some news.
Speaker 3: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: Wait up, whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 3: Call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Hello.
Speaker 12: Who's this mister world from the nine oh one?
Speaker 2: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 3: Get off your chest?
Speaker 12: Man, I just want to get all.
Speaker 5: My chair man.
Speaker 12: Last year I was fired by the Baby Police Department or pulling over growth he rope somebody I went to school, I mean somebody went to school with abody, grew up in the neighborhood and with me and my partner was fine man, just from pulling hum over and it went by on social media.
Speaker 3: So you're a police officer. You pulled somebody over and they fired you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was a police I bullt somebody over and they fired.
Speaker 2: You ain't telling the whole story.
Speaker 3: You ain't the whole You're legally pulled him over Yeah, that don't sound my partner.
Speaker 12: My partner made the stock. He cat me on the phone to pull up in the stem. He got out on on fussing media.
Speaker 15: It went viral.
Speaker 12: It wasn't a negative stop, it was positive, and he got out on some media got back to him.
Speaker 4: What's your partner white?
Speaker 2: No, he was black. Sounds like there's more to the store. That's why I'm not even paying him because you're not telling the store.
Speaker 12: You can check it out on uh pretty much.
Speaker 3: If you didn't do anything wrong and you just pulled somebody over for doing something wrong, there's no way that they have a legal rights to fire you. You would be in the union. Your union will be yelling, screaming, hollowing and all that.
Speaker 12: Yeah. But see, we didn't have to do it. We have at all our fall in part.
Speaker 2: I'm still fighting that what police department don't have a union.
Speaker 12: We didn't have a union.
Speaker 1: It sounded to me like you was making the citizens arrestler. Are you really a copy I don't think so.
Speaker 2: That was kind of crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Wow? Hello?
Speaker 11: Yo?
Speaker 15: What's up this here?
Speaker 2: Man? What's up?
Speaker 3: Terrorist?
Speaker 2: Off your chest?
Speaker 11: Hey man?
Speaker 15: First of all, man shout out to the brother because you know I love y'all. Man ain't number one is before I get into my what I've got to say, man shot and just be doing our thing. But I think y'all need to find a way to put her calling your boat up there both on fire and I respect so shout out said. I didn't want to get that all my chest though.
Speaker 2: I'm the number too.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 15: I want to say, man, my girl broke up with me because man, I don't I never want to have sex one up period on and she and I'm thirty four years old. It is not my thing, and I don't know why it was Like the second girl I ain't had to issue with. Now I want to upset and I don't want to have second up period on es.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, that must be some fine penis because for you to even want to be touched on your period as really like we don't.
Speaker 2: I want you.
Speaker 4: Far away from me? And then I thought not the whole time, Like everybody does not experience moves when they're menstrual like that, like get away from me. But when you're like sorry, bloody and you're cramping and you don't you don't want a man to even be you don't even want to be exposed to a man, So I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what you're doing? What if I don't like that?
Speaker 15: That's what I thought, But this is.
Speaker 4: But no, what you not even if she's spotting, not like she ain't gotta be bleeding bleeding?
Speaker 2: What about?
Speaker 15: Yeah, but I understand I can reach You're great, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 15: And I'm a gown man for everybody being child It's just.
Speaker 4: Not my thing, you know, And not because I just don't like it. Yeah, well don't like it and don't do it and then break up with if she keep going, you.
Speaker 15: Know, and she does.
Speaker 12: Like I don't want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that he isn't even don't look over here, y'all looking over here, like what's the.
Speaker 2: Watch?
Speaker 1: Period was like a baby reveal, you know.
Speaker 2: God Jesus, a period. Don't stop nothing but a sentence.
Speaker 3: By the way, give it over your chest eight hundred and five and five, one on five.
Speaker 2: We got rooms on the way?
Speaker 10: What we what?
Speaker 3: We give us a little tea?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Lance and Rivera confirms jay Z didn't stab him during the nineteen ninety nine club altercation. He's supposed to stab something. Oh, I remember that, Oh we didn't stab seven and I remember if jay.
Speaker 3: Z was supposed to stab somebody. Oh my goodness, we'll get into that next. It o't move, It's to breakfast club. Good morning the breakfast club, Dad, I set you up up. Maybe remember you made fun of the media other day because I didn't have my stuff in front of Shall I do it?
Speaker 1: I just want to clown you for not knowing how to read. That's why let's don't like that. I know you know how to read.
Speaker 2: I'm going to breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Let's get to Jest with the mess. But yeah, report on the breakfast club. Good luck, Jess.
Speaker 4: Alright, so before we get to jay Z and Nam, because that's pretty juicy. Oakland Street to be named after Tupac. Now, this is this is just personal for me. Y'all gonna probably look at me like what. I didn't know that he was not from Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I thought he was from Baltimore.
Speaker 4: No, he was from Uh he was born in New York, Tupac. I didn't know he was from New York.
Speaker 2: He was born I was born in New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so he's born in New York and then he spent some time in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: A lot of time in Baltimore. Yeah, a lot of times, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's what I think because I never heard anything about that. So growing up, I just thought that he was street from Baltimore, swapping, like, you know, being a gangster, Like Yo, we got Tupac and we got to Upac. That's what I thought. But he's getting his Oakland street named after him. You know, the street Tupac used to live on in Oakland is being given the honorary name Tupac Chicaulway.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked that it's not more streeched on the West coast already. Yeah, I feel like I feel like two will be competing with Doctor Martin Junior when it comes to streets all across.
Speaker 2: The country everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm just everywhere you go there the street name after Doctor Martin. The way people love hip hop culture, I would think there'd be a lot of two pac Ways.
Speaker 4: So why is it we got any streets named after Biggie? Like, we ain't got no Biggie boulevards.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a Biggie Biggie Street of Biggielov Like Christopher.
Speaker 4: All right, sure, Tupac fans know that Park was actually born in Harlem. See, I just knew that, you know. I think Envy wrote this then eventually moved to Baltimore, where he stayed so he was a teenager, and then moved to Marin City in California. All right, cool, that's what's up. I think that's dope.
Speaker 1: Yes, And Biggie does have a street named after him. Christoph Christopher is big Wallace.
Speaker 4: Way imagine living on that street. You can't even say it. It's so long, all right. Former music executive lance On Rivera insists that jay Z never stabbed him in nineteen ninety nine. So he said he never stabbed him. I think it's so funny because allegedly, I guess jay Z said that he did or something back in nineteen ninety nine. Lance Rivera, better known as un which I don't know why that's his middle name. Why would you do that, was stabbed at a party for Q tip N is a former music executive whatever whatever know, mostly for his close association with Biggie alright, right. For years, there have been several different stories about what happened in that at the club. Who stabbed on You're just trying to prove you can read, but on paper, that's what I'm saying. Put on paper. Jay Z was believed to be I don't want to listen because I don't understand what the niggas be talking about. So I ain't really trying. I mean, I'll let y'all decipher, but I'm gonna read first.
Speaker 5: Envy.
Speaker 4: Jay Z was believed to be the person that stabbed him. At the time of the stab in, jay Z maintant maintained that his innocence.
Speaker 3: Lyrics and killed jay Z. He said that lyrics, He said, the actual lyric is you got to not in your chest. Imagine now a knife hurts. You stabbed on over some records. Your excuse was he was talking to reckless. So he talks about that and kill Bill killed jay Z.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, couples, you want to throw to the audio now you want to want what?
Speaker 4: You go ahead throw?
Speaker 8: It was jay Z the one that actually stabbed you.
Speaker 18: No, jay Z was not the guy actually stabbed me that night.
Speaker 8: But jay Z was there when you got stabbed, was actually in front of you when you got stabbed.
Speaker 18: It was like, yeah, me and jay Z had a conversation right before I got hit in the head with a champagne bottle or what did he tell you? He just kept saying, you broke my heart. You broke my heart. And I'm like, we talking about I don't know where people got jay Z stabbed me from, because if anybody knows jay Z, jay Z is a nice guy and it's never been his history.
Speaker 1: Hey Manu the DJLA dropping the clues bombs bombs for Flag because those that Lance unrevera TV interview had me in a choke hold all week and I feel like I watched all seventy three clips of that interview.
Speaker 4: That is crazy. So he said he never did. But this is the thing, Like, do you think something like that could be like paid off? I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean it's been so long ago. I mean, I don't know what's true and what's not true. I just know it's a very fascinating conversation.
Speaker 4: But he did say he was we was talking and you broke my hut.
Speaker 3: But they all from Brooklyn and they you know, and Lance used to run Biggie's record label. Yeah, and so I'm sure they were all a tight knit community. I mean, he was Biggie's partner. He was the one that you know had Little Kim and had Caesar, had Junior Mafia, so they probably all knew each other. So I'm sure it was something different than just whatever it was.
Speaker 1: He thought they said that on with Bootleg and Jayson's album it was. I think it was Volume Volume three. Another thing that understand in that too, he talked about how you know Nas told y'all what it was on on ether when he said your man stabbed one, it made you take the blame.
Speaker 4: Wow, damn they just talking about this is all over lyrics.
Speaker 1: I love that interview, man, because is in there talking about like Biggie's creativity.
Speaker 3: We have that we have some of the clips to about something he talks about Biggie.
Speaker 8: I honestly, as much as I known, as many people as I speak to, I honestly don't know who killed Biggie. Do you feel like you know who killed Biggie?
Speaker 18: Can you say no, I'm a telling on the series.
Speaker 8: Okay, but you feel confident you know? Okay, I did my mob research, okay, and stop blaming. Sure, because nowhere shugs story. Shugs story has always been beat them up, them up, drag them in this story. There's no kill him, shoot him, shooting should.
Speaker 18: All these guys was puppets, scapegoats. Bigger plays were involved with them when it came to this, hundreds and billions of dollars in money.
Speaker 1: Man, Why these conversations so fascinating to me, It's like it's like Greek mythology at this point when you hear those, because this is all.
Speaker 4: Real and we don't even seem like we would ever find out. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's when you meet people from that era, people that was actually there, like yeah, you just find yourself going down a rabbit hole of conversation with them if they willing to.
Speaker 3: Well, there was no social media back then, so the only time you got information was the news and Angie Martinez and Wendy Wiams back then, so you never got the full story. So now that these buffers are telling the full story, you want to hear, like, you want to hear all that information.
Speaker 1: I tell Angie Martinez that all the time people that have had conversations with Biggie and Tupac, like actually interviewed them, they're just like, that's that's that's beyond iconic, because they don't even they don't even seem like real people.
Speaker 3: But so many of us fall as soldiers, whether it was Big pun, whether it was old, dirty bastard, whether it was you know.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Those conversations are the ones we didn't get to hear because there was no social media. The internet just was started at that time.
Speaker 1: Guess what, but AI about the mission about to bring all of them back.
Speaker 4: And something and something as serious as this. Don't be keep putting in room of report for me. Do this when y'all got another co hosts or something like this, because this is very serious.
Speaker 2: Stuff though we don't have no more.
Speaker 4: And then you just said, you know, y'all is y'all doing it to the end of the year, so until you know, I make.
Speaker 2: It just like I wasn't even born with all this.
Speaker 4: I didn't even get to DJ yet. Man, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we got front page news. Sesslm Figure will be joining us as the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same. Audible pick of the day is the Space within.
Speaker 1: Jessica Chastain, Bobby Cannibal, and an all Star cass are on board. For this supernatural audio thriller. Listen when you sign up for a pre trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club like everybody.
Speaker 3: It's the ej n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Jess Hilarious here as our co host and let's get in some front page News or Star Office sports right fast, and Nuggets beat the Lakers one thirteen, one eleven. Now, Lebron said he doesn't know what his future looks like after he was swept.
Speaker 7: I might to say it's a successful year because I don't play for anything besides winning championships at this point in my career, and I don't I don't get a kick out of making a conference appearance. I've done it a lot, and it's not fun to me to not be able to be able to be a part of, uh, you know, getting to the finals. But but let's see, we'll see what happens going forward.
Speaker 8: But I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I got a lot to think about, to be honest. I had a lot to think about, to be honest, and just for me personally going going forward with the game of basketball, a lot to think about.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think last night helped our hurt lebron legacy. I think Lebron is already home. He's certified, you know what I'm saying. And I know Lebron gets a lot of slander. I don't think it's warranted. If you want to debate him being number two on down after Michael Jordan, let's go at it. Only thing I pushed back against it that he's the greatest of all time. But he is still Lebron James at the end of the day, and with all of that success will come.
Speaker 3: A whole lot of That's right, and your last night he scored thirty point He's in forty eight minutes, he had ten rebounds in nine assists at the age of thirty, and he's still busting at Yeah, the greatest of all times.
Speaker 2: No, he's not all right, He's one of them.
Speaker 1: He wanted to go and never heard you know what I mean, he just ate the goat. But he's he's you know, he's two on down. I'll debate.
Speaker 2: And we also got a salute to Kamelo Anthony.
Speaker 3: Yesterday he announced that he's retiring from the game of basketball, So a salute to him.
Speaker 1: It's piece to the God. One of the greatest offensive players of all time.
Speaker 4: Of course we love him in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: He's from Baltimore. Yeah, Baltimore, New York, he claims.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, he claims us both. So yeah, what's that.
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Let's get into the front page. Was telling the figure out Where you want to start.
Speaker 5: Let's start with Twitter.
Speaker 9: Verified Twitter accounts shared a fake image of explosion near the Pentagon caused a lot of confusion, thanks to Elon Musk for allowing everybody to buy a blue check on Twitter and new AI technology that we've been talking about consistently here. A major Indian television network, Republic and a Russian news outlet called RT reported that an explosion had taken place near the Pentagon and showed the fake image on the air. Let's take a listen and talk about it.
Speaker 14: On the other side, somebody posted using an account that they claimed was linked to the Bloomberg News organization, posting that AI generated AI generated image and claiming there had been some kind of explosion at the Pentagon that then got shared across multiple other verified accounts that we saw it on other platforms too. Looked quite coordinated, but we don't know right now who who pushed this is.
Speaker 2: The only the beginning. Yeah, that's gonna be a problem. I've said it a million times. Y'all can't even handle fake twets.
Speaker 1: Y'all think y'all can handle AI and fake misinformation like this, Wait till twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Your election really kicking the hide.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a problem because everybody's gonna do things like this as a joke. Yeah, ogu see, you're gonna see more shootings. You're gonna see like sports games. They're gonna say his explosion it's school. So this is gonna be a big problem. I don't know how they correct this problem, because anybody could make a Tweter page, anybody could pull say anything, and by the time they realize it's fake, the damage has already done.
Speaker 2: What are you doing and let's.
Speaker 9: Talk about the damage quickly. The stock market actually took a brief dip because of this yesterday, so this was an actual real consequence that came with this. Once they found out that it was fake, they did go back and retract the story, but again the stock market dip as a result of a fake image. And you know Instagram also is following the trend of everybody buying a blue check, and I know there's been a lot of talk out there. Oh you know, celebrities are just mad because people can buy blue checks.
Speaker 4: No, it's bigger than that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: When you have an organization claiming to be a media outlet and they're sharing this and then it got retweeted over and over and over by other media outlets, it can be a real problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what are you doing as AI and a world leader says they just fired a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The nuclear weapons can get over here in like twenty five thirty minutes, you know what I mean? Like, you think our elected officials have this smart and the web with all to figure that out within twenty five thirty minutes on whether something is real or not.
Speaker 2: Now you just don't know.
Speaker 3: But that you know, when you start playing with things like the stock market, think about it like this. If I know that I could do something fake, it'll dip the stock market, and then I could buy that stock and then by the time people think about it's fake and the stock shoots back up, you're gonna be making millionaires, billionaires and all types of things. So that's another game that can take it down.
Speaker 4: I need to go ahead and do that.
Speaker 2: Give us the game ghost. My goodness, you got another one.
Speaker 3: We got time for one more?
Speaker 4: Okay, great?
Speaker 9: South Carolina Governor Big Master he looks forward to hunting down Democrats like dogs. The Anderson County Democratic Party issue a statement Sunday, May twenty first, following government Governor Big Master's comments during Saturday South Carolina Republican Party convention. He said, I look forward to the day the Democrats are so rare we have to hunt them with dogs. He also said the same thing in twenty eighteen. Now in a response, his communications director said that Governor mc master has been making this joke at GOP conventions for years and everyday South Carolinians understand that it's a joke, and Carolina Democrats no longer can bear the lighthearted jokes made at their expense. Then maybe they should focus their energy on winning and not whining.
Speaker 1: That is just some South Carolina country rhetoric. People that really should be offended are not people, but the creature is dogs. The dogs are always getting put in stuff like this. I'm gonna hunt you down like a dog. Hit dog will hollow every dog day.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Why dogs getting putting in which men get compared to dogs? Like what if? What if dogs are the most faithful creatures?
Speaker 4: What if dogs don't?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: What? Dogs don't cheat? On't the me? Why y'all calling chief knaf men.
Speaker 4: Us right right?
Speaker 5: You crazy?
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 9: They're offended by, you know, being hunt down like dogs. So they feel it was a racist trop So do.
Speaker 4: You have a dog?
Speaker 1: How can it be a racist troupe? And it ain't just just white Democrats.
Speaker 9: Well, because the majority of the Democrat Party is black and they.
Speaker 2: A Democratic voters.
Speaker 4: You mean the majority of the Democrat Party even.
Speaker 2: The party now is black, the majority.
Speaker 4: The majority, Hey were majority?
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I didn't know the majority of Democratic Party was black.
Speaker 9: Yes, the majority of the Democrat Party is black. The majority of Democrat voters and the Democrat parties voters. That's why, that's why Joe Biden told you if you don't vote, h for you.
Speaker 2: I know the voters.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about the party, like the administration, that's the majority of Democratic administration is black.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not talking about the administration. I'm talking about the voters as a whole.
Speaker 2: Oh, the voters Okay, okay, got you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the voters as a whole.
Speaker 9: The majority is black, I mean obviously, and then then you know the words they like to use people of color. I mean, so when you talk about hunting somebody down like a dog, and particularly you know in the in the South, you know, you forgot how they would take dogs and hunt down you know, black folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just took it as he was saying that he hopes, uh, you know, the Democrats people stopped being Democrats, and it's just rare to find it.
Speaker 2: That's how I took it that.
Speaker 9: But you're from South Carolina, so I guess maybe you.
Speaker 3: Already all right, well his front page news. Now when we come back, Jamaal Bowman will be joining us. Is the US representative from New York sixteenth Congressional District. That's the Bronx, and tes you gonna stay with us, right, absolutely all right, So we're gonna kick it with Jamal Bowman when we come back. So don't move. It's the congressman from the Bronx.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ env Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Of course, we got our guest co host Jess Larius here.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm sorry, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: We have Jess Hilarius here and of course Teslin Figuarreo who's with us each and every morning. And we got a special guest in the building. He goes by the name of Jamaal Bowman.
Speaker 2: Congressman.
Speaker 3: Congressman Jamaal Bowman. And I think you should start the show by really getting into Charlemagne the way he talks about your district, which is the Bronx. You said that, I mean, he told me the craziest people come from Florida and the Bronx.
Speaker 2: And there's no way you should let him talk.
Speaker 3: About your district like that because you represent the people.
Speaker 2: The congressman knows that.
Speaker 1: That's why he is in the position then to try to clean it up and try to make it less crazy.
Speaker 4: But you also he also catered to the Bronx too, because he bought a little person from the Bronx and here with eighteenth.
Speaker 3: Yes he did. At the end of the day he found a stripper from the Bronx, did mail stripper.
Speaker 4: So he usual for what he wanted to use y'all, I.
Speaker 5: Mean so real quick. The sixteenth district, yes, includes the Bronx. The Bronx created hip hop. So that's the reason why we all here perfect got to uplift the Bronx there all right.
Speaker 4: Look, before running for Congress, yes, I know you was a total different person. Who was Jamal, who was no mall from the Bronx.
Speaker 5: No, pretty much the same dude. I mean prior to running, I was in education for twenty years. I started out teaching in the Bronx at the elementary school in the South Bronx so If one sixty six and Sheridan Avenue. Did that for about six or seven years before becoming a high school deal and guidance counselor at the MLK campus near Lincoln Center. Did that for about three four years, and I realized that, you know, the education system wasn't really, in my opinion, unlocking the full potential of our kids. So I wrote a proposal to open up my own school, and I submitted that to the city, and in two thousand and nine we opened up our own school in the Northeast Bronx, right around the corner from Boston Seaquad Projects across the highway from co Op City, and I ran that school for ten and a half years. And yeah, I just took my experiences as a student, which were, you know, to your point, a lot of trouble in schools, suspend it multiple times, all of that. Took those experiences as well as my professional experiences, and just implemented it in my school as part of the curriculum, like just routing it, rooting the curriculum and knowledge of self, making sure our kids learned their history and their culture and their creativity and expressed that through project based learning. Because when I was in school, I ain't learn nothing about my history. Everything I learned about my history came from the you Must Learn song by krus One. Like that one song was like the whole curriculum, you know what I mean. We learned in school like our history started with slavery and now our ancestors were traded for spices like that, But we don't learn about, like you know, democracy in Africa and our contribution to building the pyramids, and how Europeans came to us to start their civilization. We don't learn all of that. I just took all that and that's how I ran my school for ten years, and then after doing that, it was like you know what, you know, I saw an increase in like self harm with kids, increasing, a lot of mental health challenges with kids in my school and in the community. And the year before I ran, thirty four kids died within the cater Trold school system in the Bronx and seventeen died by suicide. And many people saw when the kid junior got jumped, I don't know if you're so the kid junior and that was mistaken identity jump Junior killed him. But right in Corps City, fourteen year old girl was you know, bullied in school. Right after school, she goes to the top of a building, jumps off, kills herself right after school front of everybody, and then rapp the street and new a shell. Two girls get into a fight, won't pull out nice, stab the other kills up. And no elected official was making a connection between the trauma that our kids go through and the policies that were passing in Washington, Like if you historically underfund schools, public schools, if you redline communities on purpose, if you don't provide job opportunities, entrepreneurship, don't invest in black. But if you don't do those things, and at the same time you bringing in crack, you're bringing in you know, harm, people are gonna harm themselves in their community. So for me, that's why I ran. I ran because of my students, my kids, and I wanted to bring just that voice to Congress and how do we now.
Speaker 3: We talked about all those things, how do we clean up? What's your plan to clean that up? Because we see that not just in the Bronx, we see that in every borough in New York City.
Speaker 2: We see it all around the country hood, every hood.
Speaker 5: We see that thing. Black people are in communist poverty. Right we gotta invest, We gotta spend money not just on the not just in the public side, but the private side. So when I'm calling for rape reparations, it's not just about repairing the harms of history. It's about repairing the harms of right now. Because when you look in poor communities, especially poor black, brown communities, we look at life expectancy, when you look at wealth inequality, when you look at education. Now, every metric you use, we at the bottom. And that's because of the historical harm. So we got to spend money. You know, some have called for up to sixteen trillion dollars in reparations for black people because of what has happened. So I support that. I support cash payments, I support other aspects of that, investments and housing, education. I mean, just take one policy. I'll just take one. Right after slavery, we're supposed to get forty acres in the mule.
Speaker 3: Correct, we didn't.
Speaker 5: Lincoln was killed. New president came in, Congress passed something called the Homestead Act. So basically, when we expanded out west, most of that land went to white people, native and foreign born. You know, land is the foundation of wealth, absolutely, and they have been built than that wealth ever since, in addition of other policies that continue to support that while we have been underfunded. So the short answer is money. The I guess more immediate answer for us is our own pursuit of knowledge of self and our own greatness and investing in each other and building our own power.
Speaker 2: One other questions.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of people say that, you know, especially in New York City, they saying bail reform is a good thing and it's a bad thing. They saying it's a good thing because people that you know do low level crimes and don't have the money of getting the opportunity in a chance. But also they saying that it's a bad thing because a lot of these people are repeat offenders and they keep doing the same thing and they know they can come right out.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: So that's exaggerated. Most of the people who have benefited from bail reform do not commit crime again, So that's very exaggerated, and that's media driven. We need criminal justice reform, right, Like, we got people in jail for very minor things and they are in freaking cages, and we need to understand that you put some in a cage, you animalize them, Like I've never done a bid, but I went through the system. The minute you in a cage, you got to shift to becoming Okay, let me you know what I'm saying, like, let me make sure and protect and union and animalizes you. At the same time, there are no services in jail to help people struggling with mental health challenges, substance abuse challenges, poverty, illiteracy, no systems in jail for that or very little, and there's not outside for that as well. So when I talk about the underinvestment in communities. That's part of it. So you want to talk to me about about crime and public safety, talk to me about anti poverty program, talk to me about jobs, talk to me about education. Most of the people locked up have been identified as having mental health challenge, substance abuse challenge, or learning disability. Right, most of the people locked up, and we're not doing anything about that. And that's why you know. I'm an educator and I'm biased in this way, but we need massively more investments in education for smaller class size, better program. Whatever they do in the best private schools, our kids in public schools need to be getting that.
Speaker 3: We got more with Jamaal Bowman. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Jess Hilarious and Teslain Figureo joining us for this interview. We have US representatives from New York sixteenth District.
Speaker 2: Jamaal Bowman.
Speaker 9: Task you mentioned you call for reparations and a lot of people are confused on what that actually means.
Speaker 4: It's plainly the difference.
Speaker 9: So people can understand the difference between a resolution and a bill and what you're actually calling for, and in addition to that, how they can even help you on the local level, like when we see the Reparations Task Force and so forth, in order to give you the muscle, if you will, to be able to push those things forward.
Speaker 5: Yes, so thank you for that question. Shout out to Corey Bush for introducing the resolution. So a resolution is a vision statement. It's a vision for what we want and where we need to go. It's a vision statement. What comes from that resolution are multiple pieces of legislation that will be introduced to support parts of the resolution. Does that make sense? So initially resolution vision statement. The vision is we need fourteen trillion for reparations because of boom boom, boom boom. Now from that, okay, how do we get there? One piece of legislation could be something that focuses on housing and land. Another piece could focus on universal health care. Another piece can focus on free college or whatever. Another piece can focus on cash payments. So that's what that is. So it's not a nothing burger, it's a vision statement. Just putting the line in the sand. HR forty is a bill looking to form a task for us to study the need for reparations. I support HR forty, but I think it needs to evolve. The first time it was introduced, I think was like forty one years ago, if I'm not mistaken by Representative John Conner's Rest in Peace, So four years ago, maybe we needed to study. But now we have a lot of data that already tells us we got to do something about this, right, and so I support that, but we need an evolution. What's what my office is working on. Other offices are working on our legislation related to reparations. Now to your point about local elections, there are there have been counties and cities and even the state of California, which is like probably the biggest one that formed the task for us to study this in state, and they have come up with X amount of dollars that need to be paid to black residents in California due to reparations. That would be dope if it was done in every state, in all fifty states and at the federal level. And to your last point, none of this happens if people don't get engaged in democracy and in the political process. Like I understand why people are disenchanted from politics because it never worked for us. But it's like a paradox. It ain't gonna work for us until we make it work for us. And I'm a living example of that. I ran against someone who was there thirty one years. He was chair of a powerful committee. No one thought he had money, no one thought we had a shot. But because we organized on the grassroots level and knocked on every door in my district multiple times for a year, people came out. We were able to win that election. Now you got someone who's the first person of color sitting in that seat, first black man ever sitting in that seat speaking when I'm speaking. We need that in every corner of the country, every district, every state, because the biggest issue is low voted turnout. So we get turned, we could turn. We could turn Texas blue quick easy. We could turn if we turn out. We just do the same thing in Florida. We could do saying in a lot of red states all the things we want reparations, childcare, universal pre K investments, and educate healthcare. That only happened if you get the right people in office. If we don't get the right people in office, it's a rap. And you'll have one. Senator Joe Manchin shut the whole thing down. Like if Mansion with Biden's agenda last term, and I'll stop on this, we would we would have had universal childcare. It means free childcare right now. We would have had universal pre K. We would have had paid leave. We're the only developed country in the world without paid leave, which is crazy. Now for the housing, crazy you can't find for mortible housing. Four hundred billion was in this package last of Congress. We couldn't pass because of Senator Mansion and Cinema. So, yes, you're right, like engagement, deep engagement, democracy, we need everybody on deck.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just fau.
Speaker 18: I agree with that.
Speaker 9: Turnout is a problem, but the main, the larger problem is who are they actually voting for, And so when people don't people are not turning out. I always try to make sure that I'm not blaming the voter. I blame the lack of bench. You've talked about this before on saying that Democrats haven't, you know, done a great job on actually having a bench. You're the only one that's bringing the smoke shut out to you, you know, for actually bringing the smoke like you've done with Green, like you've done with Thomas Macy, like you have really challenged people in a very loud way to make sure they understand your position. So one of those things is more just a statement on how, you know, can we get more people that they actually want to vote for? There always will be more people that do not vote than do vote, But where are the candidates and how are those candidates being able to move forward and get them the support that they need to order to run.
Speaker 5: I say one thing that that absolutely right. Agree with that one hundred percent. And what you highlight is a disconnect within the Democratic Party. You have the traditional Democrats who want to keep things traditional and only communicate to the people who vote all the time, and then you have people like me, Corey Bush lci on to Presley who want to transform the party and politics in our country. And we know we got to engage in communities that y'all have ignored for decades. So you're absolutely right. If we do that, you find candidates who will rise up and be like, you know what, let me get us a shot, and then you'll inspire people. One of the things I felt when I ran I was like, yo, I got a shot because I was a principal in this district for ten years, so I knew like ninety seven percent, not one hundred percent, but ninety seven percent of the kids in their families like would big me up but have good things to say about me, and would spread the word based on my record in that district. There are people that we're not even thinking of about now. Nurses, you know what I'm saying. Other teachers and educators, people in communities who may have thought about doing it but don't really know how. And the more we organize, the more we discover those people and find good Canada.
Speaker 2: Do you ever feel alone?
Speaker 1: And what I mean by that is you're out there and disrupting, you know, George Santos, I just hear you. Then when it's Marjorie Taylor Green roll up on you, it's just you. I actually saw other people. I thought AOT tell you she's.
Speaker 2: Not worth it.
Speaker 1: In that moment, to me, I'm like, well, damn, it's a black man all ging with a woman.
Speaker 2: I felt like pushed you.
Speaker 4: Out as absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So nah, I don't. Because you know, the squad winning in twenty eighteen and how they do their politics was very inspirational for me, like because they created a footprint for me to come in and say what I need to say, because they were I mean, remember you had Trump chanting, they send them back to their countries, and Trump the president was going after them constantly for women of color, and we know why he was doing that. So they were a big inspiration for me even running. And now that I'm in, you know that I'm a part of that crew that that is trying to be disruptive in different ways. Even though that moment may have looked you know how it.
Speaker 4: Looked represented Bowman.
Speaker 9: It's okay, I'll say it.
Speaker 4: AOC should have.
Speaker 9: Jumped in, and you ain't gonna say it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: With a woman.
Speaker 4: That's right. That's right. Twitter, she's always saying, oh I may next time. That's right, that's right. You're not gonna say that was a nice political answer.
Speaker 17: But I'll say AOC.
Speaker 2: Bottom line, just jumping.
Speaker 4: I got this time jumping.
Speaker 9: You don't leave a black man after the argue with a white line the job to jump in. Since she says she's from New York and I just want to give a couple of seats on Marjorie Green. Number one, she screamed liar at President Biden during the State of Union. She she also followed David Hogg all throughout, you know, ran him down, and then she came to New York screaming and yelling. So she she doesn't have the best record when it comes to the court.
Speaker 5: She was a keynote speaker of the White Nationalist Convention, like she she she I believe she visited insurrections in jail to make sure that the prison conditions were good, and she and she she asks President Trump for a pardon like potential partner, just in case it went down that she was involved in January sixth. You know, so yeah, she she's she's off the chain. But would I always like to remind people it ain't about hers, about us, you know what I mean? So she gonna say and do what she gonna do. We have to continue to build our political power with conversations like this, to continue to engage and inform and bring people in. One point that you made about about Biden's billy pulpit, and again I agree with all of that. What I'm learning is so when we pass a bill, that money just leaves and goes to states and counties and cities, and if those states and counties and those states and counties and cities are responsive to the infrastructure that's already in place. So if you have a construction company that's been in place for fifty years doing business with the state based off federal contracts, you're more likely to get that money. Right, and most of those companies are white companies. So the bill has passed by the fairs, the money comes to states and counties and cities, and then they decide on what to do with it. What we've been trying to do is help to build the black and brown infrastructure to go after those contracts and go after those grants, because if it's not in place, you're not going to you're going to be less likely to receive those grants versus the Building Trades Association that's been doing business in New York State for decades, sometimes even hundreds of years. And again, this is another manifestation of white supremacy and how it lives in institutions, not just with individual people.
Speaker 3: Right. We got more with Jama Bowman when we come back the Breakfast Club, Good morning, but everybody is DJ Envy Charlamage de God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We have Jess Hilarious and Teslin Figaro joining us for this interview. We have US Representative for New York sixteenth District, Jamore Bowman. How can people support you? If they want to support you and follow what you're doing out there.
Speaker 5: Oh damn, that's nice, go to Bowman from Congress dot com and please make a contribution to our reelection campaign. I mean, that's always something that is incredibly helpful. And go to Bowman House dot gov on the official side so you can learn what we're doing in Congress and how we could be helpful to you throughout the district. But again, the biggest thing, you know, the black community alone is a trillion dollar economy. Hip hop community is even more than that. If we start leveraging that money to help us win elections locally and nationally, we changed the game and pretty much overnight, because we've been able to build capital because of our greatness and creativity, right, we got to leverage that capital in the way other groups do it. Because I'll tell you right now, fossil fuel, come companies, pharmaceutical companies, Pro Israel lobby. They hit my office constantly telling me to do this or this or this on a particular bill. I need that we need that same power for our community. You know what I'm saying, We start using that over because big money controls politics, and big corporations control politics. And that's why we don't take corporate money, because we don't want to be beholden to big corporations. So it's usually individual contributions and support.
Speaker 2: I got a couple more questions. Tell me about the RAP Act.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the RAP Act RAP stands for restoring Artists protection, and it's just to make sure prosecutors don't seek to indict and convict only using rap lyrics.
Speaker 2: What about the who really rapping about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they off to change. They should be held to they should be held accountable. But there are people who are in jail right now just for lyrics. Like there's a gentleman, Tommy Kennedy I believe in Wisconsin who was convicted at seventeen to life in prison because of rap lyrics and no other evidence at all. Like if you got other ever, bring the other evidence. And if a lyric connect to the evidence, we get that. But if you're just going for for lyrics, and and when we look at rap, over the last decade, five hundred times lyrics have been used in court compared to other gyors and music only been five times and most of them been thrown out. So it's it's once again targeting like they did with two live crew and n w A and Nice Tea. So we just want to make sure the federal level that doesn't happen, but states have to do it as well. Shout out to Kevin Lows. He's been a huge channel of UH pushing this agenda. Used to.
Speaker 4: Show you didn't rap, because I've seen the video which you're wrapping with a lot at a conference.
Speaker 5: I can, I can mimic I could you know?
Speaker 3: I could?
Speaker 5: I could spit some charras.
Speaker 4: One boss, Do you remember the bars that you spent that day which this was a video, it was a conference and it was a live drummer.
Speaker 5: You was, Yeah, I spent some of the inspected decks trying verse. I spit that one. You must learn. I think I spent nas can I think so I could copy rap?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Because I was going you want to be the next rap in congressman? Or what?
Speaker 5: One last thing? We talked at a lot about Biden and grass roots organized and all that. I really really I beg people, I need y'all to begin to have faith and believe and what we're capable of doing not just for twenty twenty four, but for twenty twenty eight and beyond, because this thing don't work unless we stay in the game for the rest of our lives. And again, like I'm a manifestation of what I'm talking about, Like I am proof of concept. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for grassroots organizing helping them push someone like me there. Now that I'm there, again, we have with shifting the conversation. Please help me get twenty more of us in Congress, but also state houses, counties and cities across the country because again, the majority of my colleagues they just chilling, real comfortable, and they sues, collecting the money from corporations, passing laws that benefit those corporations. We need us in there, and the only way to get us in there is to have all of us in there.
Speaker 2: You know, I've heard you say, Congressman, this is my last question that you know.
Speaker 1: I've heard you say that you're a part of a new wave of elected officials who are revolutionizing the way people look at politics. And I do believe that, But what are some of the old political views that you believe need to be changed.
Speaker 2: We need to get.
Speaker 5: Big money out of politics. You know big money. I mean right now, we have laws in place that pretty much say corporations are people and money is free speech. And when you look at the levels of inequality that is going to disproportionately benefit white people and white men in particular historically and continuing, we got to get big money out of politics and have publicly financed and elections. Secondly, we need to stop fighting harder for things outside of our own interests. I mentioned those lobbies before, and it connects with the first piece. You know again fossil fuel, pharmaceutical et cetera, et cetera. Because they got the money and the influence, we usually rock with them as opposed to like beginning with okay, even wall projects hasn't received a dime in federal investment in over a decade, and public and public housing has been disinvested in for thirty forty years, whereas at the same time they're not investing in the black developer or the black realtor or the black They're not doing that right, So it's we got to take the baton from the John Lewis to the Lojah Cummins and everyone who came before us. And I think we got to be more radical with it. And by radical, I just mean get to the core truth and tenants of the issue and be loud and outspoken and unapologetic about it, because that's the only way things move. Like Republicans win. Republicans don't win on nothing else but fear and being loud.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 5: They don't have the moral argument, they don't have the intellectual argument. They don't inspire no one, no one. They fear, They fear monger, they allowed, and they vote to suppress. That's it. Young people ain't rocking with them. People of color generally don't rock with them. Morally. They don't got the arguments. So we gotta we gotta to me s if I'm here, like this is the moment to like take go for it all, like we just gotta do it.
Speaker 4: I love how the Bronx comes out every now many Are you gonna?
Speaker 9: Are you gonna run one day for president?
Speaker 5: I don't know, you never know. We'll see you said that you said it on what did that was? You know, we'll see though it's possible. I said one thing you said about you brought up Atlanta. There's a lot of opportunity in the South right now to do big things in politics. And if there's any New Yorkers who are not happy with New York, consider relocating to the South because the South got a lot happening and a lot of opportunity in terms of leveraging the black vote and black power to really do something big in the South.
Speaker 9: Especially in hip hop, especially in Atlanta. You're absolutely right because now that Georgia will be an early state.
Speaker 4: One of the things that kill Mi Carolina South Carolina, which y'all.
Speaker 9: Have been in an early state, though y'a the first year, Well, no, South Carolina's first. But what I'm saying is Georgia has never been an early state, so they're going to be number three. So now, so all of the tenants, if you will, the power in South Carolina. You know, with the Jim Clyburn, it's still room to still grow there, but they've already been in place. The strategy is Georgia is now in early states, so and it's a battleground state for the very first time. So now younger voters, particularly from the hip hop particularly from Generation X, Generation Z Y, whatever else in alphabet. Now there's an opportunity where there can be more voice, particularly on the progressive side, because now it's an early state. So it's a lot of strategy represented. Bowman's actually absolutely right on that, a lot of strategy that can happen in Georgia and particularly as we as we move forward.
Speaker 3: All right, well, the brother Jamaal Boweman, we appreciate you, thank you for stopping through.
Speaker 2: You know, this is open house for you say any time you need to come on through.
Speaker 5: Let this.
Speaker 3: Everything you do, sir, this congressman, it's.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's Steen, j En Vy Chow, them and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. What Jess hilarious is our co host? What Jess all day?
Speaker 4: What's good?
Speaker 2: Let's get to the room.
Speaker 3: Let's get to this is the room of report on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Honey.
Speaker 4: Okay, So little Dirk accuses Gunna of snitching. Why soth rico trial? He said that?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: So all right, So we got audio. We got audio from the first from when the judge basically was, you know what I'm saying, Gunna was basically snitching, and I want to hear that.
Speaker 6: Let's play that the L and you have personal knowledge that members are associates and by cel have committed crimes and furtherms of the game.
Speaker 16: You were present when law enforcement officers stopped the vehicle in which you were present along with Jeffrey Williams, where in hydra coodo, methamphetamans, and a firearm were recovered.
Speaker 4: These items did not belong to you. And do you acknowledge the following statement?
Speaker 19: I recognize the accept and deeply regret that my talent and music, and directly further, why sell the game to the detriment of my community? Why sell as a game must in? Is that your statement or acknowledgement?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's crazy how we don't give a gun and credit for being polite? Man?
Speaker 3: Yes, man, you won't be saying that the elders no more anybody. So what are you supposed to say? You're talking to the judge. You say, yes, sir, yeah, hell yeah, nobody to judge.
Speaker 2: You are ready not to a judge.
Speaker 4: So by now we're all the know you what's going on with the Wise reco case and all of that, and we know that there's been rumors swarming around whether gonna snitch Orn or whatever. A lot of rappers feel like he did. Some rappers feel like he didn't. Lord Dirk shed his opinion and he said this, you believe that Gunner told I, don't shit up and play games man, man told you should have win in there, kept it on mouth clothes. Okay, yeah, that's what I was.
Speaker 3: I thought you were trying to reverse it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, no, I'm like, I just said I was scared you.
Speaker 5: I'm like, huh, I'm like I would have gonna like.
Speaker 4: No, I just never followed. I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never like why I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 1: And if you wind this clip a little bit, looked into the camera, I told you, if you're a wreck, I hate you because I love it to Dirk was talking to academics on the Off the Record podcast. You know what Gunna haven't done yet? Drop no damn music?
Speaker 4: Well, why would he We see six or nine more than we see him.
Speaker 2: Now, Like you could. You could change the narrative of the conversation with a high record. And you gotta have a hit record.
Speaker 3: He has to have a record that you know, people don't care about what he's saying or what he allegedly did, and he goes with it because people still don't know because we haven't heard Thug sided. Like nobody from Thugs Camp said he snitched or he didn't snitch. Yeah, yeah, So we don't know if he got permission from Thug, if this was something that they worked out together.
Speaker 2: So we honestly don't know. So that's right, you know, that's why he's just drive music.
Speaker 1: You drop music, you changed, you change the conversation, because you know, we live in a very de writing culture.
Speaker 4: But I think that Thug would let somebody know if he gave a you know what I'm saying, I just don't know. I think that we don't know things for a reason. That's right, you know what I mean, And that's just what it is. I also want to say I do not like DJ academics. Let's just get it all right, sneap Dog is Victorian scenerstand. I can't stand. Did you even say how you try to antagonize little Dirt a little bit like, oh I thought you got scared, only scared his whole context.
Speaker 2: Of the conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't, I can't can't. I don't like I don't like academics. I don't like the way he Yeah, he do too much. He do too much, and he's he's really girly. And we know Charlemagne is too, but at time Charlemagne is a man, so we can't you know, at least he has a good balance. Like academics always a bee, so I can't I can say that, right, yeah, yeah, the academic is always a bit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, to give you.
Speaker 4: Snoopy, don't get a bottle of honey and you're getting right, well, yeah whatever. Snoop Dogg is victorious because he defeats sexual assault lawsuit. Now, since last year, Snoop Dogg has been battling against sexual sexual assault against uh Selena Powell. For y'all, who don't know, that's the girl who looked like Michael Jackson right before he died. Now, she first opened up the case February twenty twenty two. She said she accused Snoop Dogg for forcing her to give him oral sex, right, and then he said she only tried to do that to extort me for money. And so later on in July twenty twenty two, she submitted another you know, she tried to open up another case and she added more charges sexual assault, sexual battery, and defamation. So then he's been going through this, fighting this for a long time. So and then she even tried to say that he intimidated her because he posted on Instagram one day gold Digger seas in his head be careful, nefheuse keep the gods up. So she she tried to have all these cases built up against him, but a California judge dismissed most of the lawsuit because I guess it was baseless or whatever. But it's still they still made it okay for her, Like she's still in a position where she can refiul right, but he hasn't said anything and she hasn't yet.
Speaker 2: But I have never heard of this story. Yeah, yeah, this was a long time ago.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: Selena Powell was also the one that said that Offset was pregnant at one time. She's also the one that recently she was wearing a little Meta's chain saying that she did something else.
Speaker 2: It was another a couple of celebrities. Yeah, but it wasn't Soldier Boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a lot of guys. It's not a couple, it's a lot. And what I keep getting upset is these artists, these rappers, Like why y'all keep sticking y'all, Like, why do y'all keep trying to deal.
Speaker 5: With this girl?
Speaker 4: Then, like y'all keep because they're dealing with her. She just be lying, exaggerating and stuff, but they are doing something with her.
Speaker 18: So it is what it is.
Speaker 4: When you got and she's a white woman too, you white? Yeah, she sad. She looked like Michael Jackson before he died. You look like a white woman too before he died. Come on now, yeah, all right, and that.
Speaker 2: Is that's just what the messing.
Speaker 3: Her news is real, allegedly allegedly. All right, Charla Man, who are giving your down contoo o.
Speaker 1: Man for after the hour, Man, we need Daniel Pinny to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 3: We like to have a world with him. Please all right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Audible Pick of the Day is in the Room with Peter Bergen.
Speaker 1: Go beyond the headlines in this weekly podcast and get the real story from people who were there. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash breakfast club today.
Speaker 4: Damn, it's.
Speaker 2: I mean, trying to be donky today.
Speaker 9: No more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 4: Things called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off. Damn charlom Man who got the donkey out of to day today?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Donkey today for Tuesday, May twenty third goes to Daniel Penny. If the name sounds familiar, but not really. Daniel Penny is the man charged with second degree man slaughter in the video recorded subway killing of Jordan Neely earlier this month. Rest in peace to Jordan Neely. Now, look, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. All right, did Daniel Penny kill Jordan Neely? Yes, we saw that on video. It's up to accord a law to determine whether or not what he did was a criminal act. All right, don't be mad at me. That's just the way the law works. So in a situation like this, you know, I see it, I mind my business, wait for the facts to come out. But Daniel Penny gave his first interview with The New York Post, and I would never understand why it's so hard for people to just shut the f up. Okay, maybe it's the caucasidy, maybe it's the unmelanated gaul. I don't know what it is that makes someone who has just killed a man in front of the whole world on video. I feel like they have to have a conversation about it. And if you're gonna have a conversation about show some empathy for the family and the life you took, show some remorse. But Nope, nobody clearly prepped Daniel Penny on how to do any of those things. And maybe they don't have to because in the eyes of America, this might be an easy call. Daniel Penny, white male military veteran hero saving people from Jordan, nearly black mail, threatening mental health issues. Yeah, we see the narrative that's being painted. And another narrative that's being painted is that Daniel Penny is a racist. And in this interview with The New York Post, he pushed back on the notion that he is indeed a white supremacist.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Fox News for the report.
Speaker 20: Police and marine veteran accused in the choke hold death of a homeless subway rider breaks his silence. Daniel Penny addressing the incident on the subway to that that now has him facing second degree manslaughter charges, telling the New York Post quote, this had nothing to do with race. I judge a person based on their character. I'm not a white supremacist. I mean it's it's a little bit comical. Everybody who's ever met me can tell you I love all people. I love all cultures. You can tell by my past and all of my travels and adventures around the world. I was actually planning a road trip through Africa before this happened.
Speaker 1: Daniel, your penny got a hole in it. Okay, you sound hopeless. Word to Deon Fariss. All my uncles and aunties know who that is. All you youngin is google it. Here's some words you don't use to describe a murder, Okay, when you are charged with manslaughter. Comical, Okay, Daniel Penny said, it's a little bit comical to call.
Speaker 2: Him a racist. Daniel, I don't know if you're racist.
Speaker 1: Or not, but you have to overstand that some people are trying to figure out why you would just strangle a man on the subway, okay, and a white man doing that to a black man in America, we are always going to go to race first. So it's not comical to think you're a racist. It's context. Okay, historical context at day. Blame your ancestors and racist pigs for people jumping to that conclusion. But that's not even the reason you're getting donkey today. I mean, personally, you could have just left it at You know, I'm not racist. I love all people, I love all coaches. But no, oh, did y'all catch you the reason why you couldn't be racist? Listen, listen to this one again.
Speaker 20: I'm not a white supremacist. I mean, it's a little bit comical. Everybody who's ever met me can tell you I love all people, I love all cultures. You can tell by my past and all of my travels and adventures around the world. I was actually planning a road trip through Africa before this happened.
Speaker 1: I was actually planning a road trip through Africa before this happened. Not as comical, okay, a road trip through Africa. White people going to Africa is what makes them less racist. Daniel Penny, do you know anything about the European colonization of Africa? I mean, what do you want to call it to Scramble for Africa, the partition of Africa, the conquest of Africa, whatever you.
Speaker 2: Want to call it.
Speaker 1: It was the invasion and cholones of colonization of most of Africa by several Western European powers. So a white man visiting Africa doesn't mean they have tolerance for black people.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Planning to go to Africa doesn't in any way mean you don't suffer from white supremacy or racism. That's like saying saying a man isn't fat because he goes to whole foods. Okay, fat people have access to whole foods, like racists have access to Africa. Okay, what's next, Daniel Penny, You're gonna tell us that some of your best friends are black. You're gonna tell us you voted for Barack Obama twice. Oh, Black Pants is your favorite movie too, Daniel Penny, how you cried went to Charlie and Queen Ramanda died. And for the record, I'm not saying that Daniel Penny is racist. I have no idea what this man believes in his heart. I just know that this is absolutely from Some of my best friends are black. Playbook and another example of how we can't have real conversations about race.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think white people like Daniel Penny have superficial relationships with black people, and he doesn't even understand how race plays out in a black person's daily life. If he did, he would probably understand why folks are calling him a racist for scrangling a black man to.
Speaker 2: Death on a train.
Speaker 5: I'm just here to tell.
Speaker 1: Y'all this morning that proximity to blackness does not stop white people from doing racist things. I repeat, proximity to blackness does not stop white people from doing race his things. I know New York Post you'allays trying to humanize Daniel Penny.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: But in humanizing him, how about keep him from keep him from sounding stupid? Please let me mem give Daniel Penny the biggest y'all.
Speaker 3: He haw, he haw?
Speaker 4: You stupid motherfucker?
Speaker 2: Are you dumb? All right?
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you for that donkey today, Yes, shout everybody on B E T. Will see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Thank you b E T.
Speaker 3: All right, now, just have the dilemma, just has a dilemma, just has some mess. So what's what's what's the situation?
Speaker 7: Es?
Speaker 4: Okay, so look right, so I do this segment called Jess with the Mess, and somebody wrote when you do it at on Carefully Reckless my podcast which is on the Black Effect under iHeart Radio. Thank you Charlainey'll like you toss all right.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: I had somebody that write me, that wrote me that said they're in a relationship with the relationship huh, and their current man had a previous relationship that he was in. He was attached to child in that relationship. Now the child is his child. No it's not. It's not as biological child. And the child even knows her dad, and her dad is in her life, you know, not the best dad, but nevertheless still knows in her life right now. When he was with this girl, he did a lot for the girl. He built the bond with the child. They were only together for maybe like a year and a half or so, but he was very drawn to this child. And even with them breaking up, he goes to like her graduations and stuff like that. And the girl that wrote me, she has a problem with it because he has a problem with the bond that her and her baby father had. And apparently her and her baby father are like me and Jerome, which is why she first wrote me yes, and she wants to know is this a deal breaker because she felt like it's manipulative for him for her current boyfriend to use the situation. Oh well, look well I ain't gonna stop dealing with my my and we can't even say my stepdaughter because you're not you was never married to. The daughter is like eight or nine, so she's young, you know, and she's graduating from what's the name and the whole, I mean from elementary school. And she told he told me, he was like, I want to go to the graduation and me and how mother will be staying side by side, saying I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, whoa, So you basically like, did you stop being cool with your ex and your ex's family for your new man?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: I mean, it ain't even that, it's just like because she's saying that, he uses it in like a manipulative way, like whenever her and her because he feels like he feels like she can't talk to our baby foup unless it's about the child. Like they do business together. When I say they're like me and Rome, they're like me and Rome, So they do business together, they're friends. They do talk outside of their child as your brother, baby, daddy. Yeah that is, that's what it is, yes, and and and that's it, you know. But her boyfriend has an issue with that. If it ain't about the child, it shouldn't be. But nothing, you you know. And and then he'll even go to far and say, all right, well, look I'm going to the graduation with with my X to support the daughter.
Speaker 2: Let's let's sen up the phone.
Speaker 5: So cool with with your baby.
Speaker 4: And you know what I'm saying, why I can't still be Well.
Speaker 3: Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. Let's let's ask what's your thought to see? I feel like the relationship moved on and they've only been in a in a relationship for a year. He's gonna have to wean his wean himself off from that girl, right because she's eight years old. The mom is gonna date other men she can. But that's why I said wean off slide. But she has a dad. I mean, she has a father. That mom is gonna be dating other dudes. That's gonna be in that relationship, and that's gonna make his new situation feel a little funny, and also in the in the other situation, I feel the same way too, Like you can't have an X that y'all so cool, it would make me feel a way that's not I'm your man, that's not your man, that's your baby daddy. Y'all can talk about the kids. Y'all could be cool, but it can't be a whole, big, happy family, like we all in the same house.
Speaker 2: Like I'll never find happiness.
Speaker 4: That is not what he said. That's probably what you think, but he is. It's not true.
Speaker 3: But let's open up the phone line and discuss eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. There's a lot of moving parts in this, so we'll discuss when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club one morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's topic time called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning. Everybody, you seej Envy Charlamagne the God, we are the Breakfast Club. Because Jess Hilarious is here now. Somebody emailed Jess and wanted them to fix their mess. Now, Jess, what was the email?
Speaker 2: What was the question?
Speaker 4: So it was it was very broad. But basically, this girl has a boyfriend who uh uh, she does well, she has a baby father, and they are somewhat similar to me and Rome situation. They're very very cool clothes, they do business together, and her boyfriend has a child that he is a a to you from a previous relationship, that's not his biological daughter, but he still is very attached, wary. They were only in a relationship for a year and he grew attached to this little girl, and he kind of uses that as leverage for the girlfriend being cool with her baby daddy and.
Speaker 1: For people who just might be listening to the Brothers club, Roome is just his baby's father with their like brother and sisters.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is her baby daddy brother right, Yes, So I mean I really would say, once you break up with the mom, especially that's not your child, you break up with that baby too.
Speaker 2: They only been together one year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I feel. And the baby got a father, Yeah, baby has a father. Yes, I'm sure the woman is dating somebody else. Yes, so not all three of us gonna be at the all three of us in the mom gonna be at the graduation. So no, once you break up with that mom, you break up with the baby, especially if it's only been a year, Like, you gotta let that baby go. That's not your child. But also in a new situation, I would look at that different. You gotta set boundaries.
Speaker 2: You just can't.
Speaker 3: You can't. You and your baby father can't be all cool and together and shop. Nah, like this is a new relationship. I respect what you have together. This ain't this one big family and.
Speaker 1: It ain't even no time a year a year, Like, why first of all, he shouldn't even be meeting your child after the year, And how you grow a bond with a whole child in a year?
Speaker 4: First of all, I can't hide no nigga from my child for a year grown up, so you know. Yeah, But and then the little girl was like nine ten, you know, she's she's older. So it's like, yo, all right, like she already knows her father. She spent the last year with one year with you. And yeah, you kids are very impressionable. You're a good guy. He's good with kids and stuff, and that's cool.
Speaker 2: But do you really know a person after the year they have them a run?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: And then why is your mom trying to be the dad collector. This is not what we're gonna I'm saying, we're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: You know, let's go to the full life. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Hey, Valdosta Georgia.
Speaker 5: What's up, bro?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 17: I say, man, I don't feel like that's right, because.
Speaker 12: When when you're in a relationship and you start something new, you don't want to bring on luggage from the path back and tend to rekindle something.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, So leave that baggage. I appreciate that y'all be breaking up with kids.
Speaker 3: Boy, y'all cold, okay, But she got a dad, and now she got dad because the mama's someone else.
Speaker 2: I think justice right, three dad, that's a dad.
Speaker 5: Horse.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that.
Speaker 4: Collect like that.
Speaker 17: Hello, this is Chelsea Georgia.
Speaker 3: Mama, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 11: My thoughts are, if she's entering a relationships, she does need to spend some boundaries with her babye father. But it also sounds like.
Speaker 17: He's just being petty.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and the only reason he only wants to be around the little girl is because she's around her baby father.
Speaker 4: That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 17: Don a baby Yeah, don't you fund like you care about the little girl.
Speaker 11: He just wanted to diss off his girl for Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it sounds like that because she said he uses it as leverage. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you love somebody, you accept everything that comes with him, right, Yeah, like if you if somebody loves Jess, you gotta accept the child.
Speaker 2: They gotta accept Ron, they gotta accept everybody.
Speaker 4: Say, except Room, because he always makes things. You gotta do it.
Speaker 2: You gotta accept Rome.
Speaker 3: But also people gotta understand if somebody is dating somebody with a baby daddy and the baby daddy's cool. A lot of times, the baby daddy's cool because you want as close as normal for the child. My child is still under age, that's right. I'm gonna be here, bro, that's right, because you want the child to feel comfortable. And like, no, I can call my mom, I can call my dad. My mom and dad are cool.
Speaker 2: I should come to them. Now, this new gentleman and.
Speaker 3: Here I got it that he's dating my mom and I respect him. But you still want, you know, to feel as normal as possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and telling you my my son loves me and his dad's relationship and he loves that.
Speaker 2: How do you feel when other guy's come around.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't introduce them to everybody.
Speaker 2: See my guy's coming around all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm a collect.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to everybody.
Speaker 3: Shut up, hello this.
Speaker 2: Thought.
Speaker 17: I'm sorry I couldn't hear you.
Speaker 2: I said, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 5: Your dad?
Speaker 2: Collector?
Speaker 17: Okay, so my thoughts are I definitely think that after only a year and a half of dating someone that you shouldn't even have.
Speaker 3: A bond with the child.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 17: I think a lot of problem with people that are dating that you know, have children. They just introduce their kids to people too soon. I mean maybe like a high end vibe maybe passed by, but an eight year old and a man like absolutely not. So he needs to win hisself off and the mom released a thing better next time. Like you wouldn't have this problem if you want to introduce your child before you really even knew the person.
Speaker 3: But I kind of disagree though, Like if if a woman is dating a man and the woman has soul custody of that child, right, So that means if a woman is dating you know, at first to get serious and then they start going.
Speaker 2: Out a lot. So when I go out a lot, what am I going to leave my son at home myself.
Speaker 3: No, after after a while, six seven, eight months, you start taking your child with you because you want.
Speaker 4: To see how that man it's with your child.
Speaker 18: So that.
Speaker 4: Now I disagree with you. I don't think that's too soon.
Speaker 3: Now you go out a lot, and if that person, if you really into that person, just think about when you started dating your wife.
Speaker 2: I started dating with my wife. We were around each other a lot.
Speaker 3: And if you have a child, a young child at the time that's eight nine, you're gonna be taking that child to plays and games and this and that.
Speaker 4: Because this is not just somebody that you just hitting and missing, you know what I'm saying. This is somebody that you you may not see yourself with them for the rest of your life, but it's like.
Speaker 1: All right, I mean I'm feeling you see what you don't feel like you're gonna be with the person for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: You gotta get this man from time.
Speaker 4: So why I said, I don't introduce everybody to ask. But when I feel like there's like, okay, this is like something and you're giving me butterflies and I'm actually talking to people about you, I do feel like there is something, you know. So when a girl gets that feeling, she would a long time. So she feels like that right, and she's she's gonna bring that. I don't think it's wrong with her introducing.
Speaker 2: The after, depending on how tight that relationship.
Speaker 4: But it's up to the guy.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 4: If it's done, it's done. After a year or year and a half, wean yourself off the baby. I'm not saying just completely cut yourself out, but wean yourself off. It didn't even explain. So if she you that close with a look, your mom collected me.
Speaker 2: So we're done.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The question is what's the question? Breaking down again, it's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, should you stop being cool with your and your exes family for your new man, Dave bar it's just ever gonna be able to find you happiness because rooms in her life.
Speaker 2: Hut up, man, We'll take it. Calls when we come.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, more thing everybody, It's DJ env Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Jess Hilarious is here now.
Speaker 3: If you just joined us, we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one on five one what's the question.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a lot of moving parts, so all right, charlamage, what is the question? What would you say?
Speaker 1: I thought it was, you know, basically, should you stop being cool with your ex and you know your ex's family for your new man?
Speaker 4: Do you cut off a child from a previous relationship going into a new relationship if it's not biologically yours?
Speaker 5: There you go both.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think you do, depending on how close you and the child does So, if you raise that child, Let's say you've been with that person for eight to ten years. I'm saying because we're just question, but if you ask a question, you gotta have boundaries.
Speaker 2: You got to explain.
Speaker 3: If it's long time and you raised the child, yes, I think you should still be in that child's life, but it was only a year like this situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just say that disagreed.
Speaker 4: I didn't disagree and be dead, but I didn't disagree.
Speaker 2: Yes you did, didn't You actually did?
Speaker 3: No, you said a year was too soon to introduce to the child. I'm like, yeah, it might not.
Speaker 2: Be too You disagree with throw car show, throw my own car.
Speaker 4: Shatter, start with what you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: Well, my call show is this Sunday, by the way, Memphis made fine and under a free There's gonna be calls from young Dolph, Keyglock fifty cent b and myself. If you haven't got your tickets, to get your tickets now. Can't wait to see you in Memphis. All right, now, let's get to the Polo Hans. Hello, who's this morning?
Speaker 17: This is day for making tors Hey Jay, talk to us.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 17: Okay, So I got two things. First thing is, Jessica, I'm so glad you are there this morning. You always give good insight, never one. But just tell your friend that he is a placeholder for him, that dude is still trying to show up and hope that she'll see Oh he did. He's that type of father to somebody that's not even his death, not even his real child.
Speaker 11: And I can take him back.
Speaker 17: He's going number two and he I know you were the one to answer the phone. The fact that you talked out and said the extremes are either they got to be beefing like Christ and blood as baby Mama, baby daddy, or the opposite of that is big, happy family and everybody living in the same house. There are so many levels between that when it comes to relationships between parents, and just told you that they have businesses together and things like that, so they can't communicate and have a healthy relationship. One of the biggest things about both parents is respect, respect of the other parents, respect of their relationships and all of that. There's levels to it. It does not mean that they are instantly involved and there's anything going on under the table. There are levels to it. And speaking of the faith that you can't pop from because all your kids are here, I can't. I can't relate, Ran, but either of y'all can't relate. But y'all also have both stepped out on your wife.
Speaker 2: What whoa whoa?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: What you bringing up? Old stuff? Stuff?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, continue, I'm just saying.
Speaker 17: I'm I told her to be seventeen this year. He and her dad do business together. We have not had any dealings since I was pregnant with her. It's just right this year, That's right.
Speaker 2: There's a mutual.
Speaker 17: Respect understanding that I have for his relationships and situations and that he has for mine as well. But we we do not argue, we don't fight, we don't do any of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does your new man, think about it.
Speaker 17: He don't have a problem with it because they've been introduced. They we spend time together on holidays, all the day. It's no problem. If you create any man that is creating drama and bringing that into my space, my energy, my family, he wouldn't be there anyway.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right now. I agree with everything she's said.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you something that's interesting.
Speaker 1: There's been such a negative narrative around baby Mama's and baby daddy.
Speaker 2: We always expect it to be drama. So when I see situations like justin.
Speaker 1: Rome and how they co parents so well, I didn't know it was so many people out here co parenting so well, I'm not But.
Speaker 3: Co parenting is not the problem. I don't anybody you have to co parent, That's not the problem. The problem is when your cole parents like actually being friend. That's that's not the problem. The problem is when I feel like they cross the lines. Right, and sometimes I feel like people cross the lines in that situation, Like with the individual that you said, I feel like he's crossing the lines. Meaning they've only been together a short period of time. There's no reason to still be in that child's life like that, that child has a father, that child has a new boyfriend that the mom has. So it's to the point now where there's no reason to be there. It's just what makes sense. Yeah, you know in my opinion.
Speaker 4: And then also, were not talking about me girl from making Georgia? You sure, yeah, because you see how she personalized. She was like, just so tell your friend that you and your baby father like y'all.
Speaker 2: Do sound personal And when you were describing it, you were saying, my mask.
Speaker 1: I told you people write me all the time, slipping up said, I wrote myself and I told myself.
Speaker 4: And slipping up first, I didn't know you stepped out. What's what happened with you in the marriage? Okay, thank you, I'm moving on. Yeah, yeah, we know the one personalitation?
Speaker 3: What about yours? Is right?
Speaker 2: That book? I did shook it the one.
Speaker 5: What's the story?
Speaker 2: The moral of the story don't don't use.
Speaker 4: No damn leverage. The moral of the story is, look everything you do, not bring. And then it's kind of hard to say don't bring baggage from other relationships, because I'm not trying to say anyone's child is baggage. My thing is I would never say that. The thing is, you have to it's so. It's because I'm so conflicted on it. It's like you have to be open enough to bring all the facts before you get into another relationship. This is what I had going on here. It's gonna be hard breaking his bomb with this little girl, but you gotta be willing to try to do that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All, Let's say that the situation was with you, right, and you met a new man you loved, but he just he felt uncomfortable. He felt that you in Rome were too close with each other, y'all spoke too much because you were in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Y'all didn't get y'all.
Speaker 4: No, I'm never gonna cut Rome.
Speaker 2: But let's say he wanted to set boundaries to make sure he was comfortable.
Speaker 4: I do get that. Look, it happened. It happened before. Rome used to call me anytime of the night, and I used to answer any time of the night.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You used to have real bad drinking problem, fall asleep behind the wheel. This ain't nothing to everybody, don't know, but like, you know what I mean. So I would go get him. I would since somebody get just anything. But I was also enabling him a lot and then just too accessible for him, which also like spoiled them a lot. So I did set boundaries myself. And even it was a guy that was like, yo, this nega calling. He was one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean, I feel me and you in bed at one o'clock in the morning and you.
Speaker 2: Go pick him up.
Speaker 3: I'm a feeling the way.
Speaker 4: No, I never did that, but that's when I did set the boundaries. When this guy did say, Yo, this, this is a lot, and I'm like, all right, you're right. So no, Rome, don't call me at denying, don't call me after that. Even when you called me about advice, I would say, just kind of lay off. I'm talking to this guy, and like it's like this, we you do cross boundaries and I'll let you. I allow you. So it's not all your fault. But we got we got a chill.
Speaker 2: I understand what yourvice thing. But if Rome need help, like you know, he don't want.
Speaker 4: To drink, I have to, like you come with me if you want, you know what I mean. But like that's my friend, that's my family, just like it's different the new Man.
Speaker 1: Don't understand that you got to build a wall. To build a wall between the new Man and the baby daddy, don't don't do it. Justice, let it go, just let it got Just let it go.
Speaker 2: Justice, look at just what the mess is up?
Speaker 3: Next?
Speaker 2: We got some room, miss, Yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Got some rooms.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it nextus. Just look, yeah, we'll be back at the breakfast club. Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's d J n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the roomors. Let's get to Jess with the miss.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 3: This is the room of report on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Honeys get so Holly Berry her and Fancasia star And how Halle Burry doing it? Oh helly bai. I was gonna say, Halle Burdy can't be no damn color purple girl.
Speaker 2: She definitely could be.
Speaker 4: She could have been. It's just some things that you know, how you have those actors that you can see doing you can't see doing certain things. Halle Barry, what she will? Who paut what she would play?
Speaker 3: Real quick?
Speaker 4: Pop in your mind, Color Purple, Holly.
Speaker 2: Barry, that's my wife's favorite movie. But I can't think right now.
Speaker 4: Right right? Ain't nobody losing no children in there?
Speaker 3: You thinking?
Speaker 4: Look, so it's Halle Bailey, Halle Bailey, her Fantasia.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: They start in a color purple trailer. Wow, yes, another color purple. They're doing another color purple.
Speaker 1: Exactly what my wife says yesterday. Why are they remaking color purple to leave color purple?
Speaker 4: They really do? They really really do yesterday when the brothers released the trailer for the Color Purple musical film. Also Sierra Daniel Brooks and Saraji p Henson will also appear in the film.
Speaker 16: What is You going?
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody pop locking in no damn color purp ever's in the Color Purple? Even singing Lord boy, she's so cute like you keepe to be up and negar?
Speaker 2: I mean, ain't you to keep it?
Speaker 1: This ain't a movie, but I take I think I haven't seen the trailer, but Color Purple is one of those movies that I feel like in twenty twenty three they would water down a lot. Oh yeah, absolutely, you know what I mean. Listen, Sierra, I don't think they need to do that. I just think they would water it down. So I can't see a twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: I don't want to woke version of color.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: You want to hear the trailer, Yeah, let's here the trailer.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 18: I teach the Times about a place called Africa.
Speaker 4: She said, our mom's come. Queen's over there.
Speaker 3: We royalty.
Speaker 2: Afternoon. It needs me a while.
Speaker 4: Even if we have to part, you and me, I have one heart. Yeah, I'll write you every day. Oh like that was my sister.
Speaker 3: It's time.
Speaker 4: But you see the world, there's gonna be some changes made.
Speaker 3: They say me, hush, we need to look like we belong.
Speaker 18: We heard, are just kings and queens.
Speaker 4: Hard as the center of the universe.
Speaker 1: It's hard. You don't want to knock something before you see it. Look color purple as a classic film in the bar is so high. It is like you said, you don't want to knock it. But I just don't feel the pain.
Speaker 2: I feel the pain.
Speaker 4: I feel like a little mermaid. I feel like I can oh no, no, no, yeah for sure, But I feel like this gave us the holly. I mean, uh, little mermaids, you know feel in the beginning. But I go, lie, I'm excited to see Roggi p Henson.
Speaker 2: Roggie gavery.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 4: I need to see that because she gives it every time. She's never disappointed for me. And the fantasia that's sick.
Speaker 2: I can color.
Speaker 4: Lay silly. She better give me a she better give you one of those. She goes, she gonna scream to the kingdom come, I love it, all right, and then this version of the film seems to be focused more on the sisterhood aspect of the story of the film is produced by Oprah, Quincy Jones and Steven Spielberg. I think, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Acted original producer she was.
Speaker 4: I thought it was for that and beloved. Yeah, produced by Oprah for sure. All right, so we're gonna move on. I prayed that that's great. Uh yes, I did, my God, don't.
Speaker 2: Think it's.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 4: Six nine immortalized Wow with mirl in one of Mexico's most dangerous neighborhoods. Okay, So he had went to one of the most notorious cities in Mexico, right, and they call it the barrio, that's what they call it. And yeah, well stay away. It's called Barrio bra all right. And that's like a real bad city. That's when it's given like real bid right, and they have a mural of him, like they were celebrating him, like, oh my god, what a mural playing with her?
Speaker 5: What is it called?
Speaker 4: What y'all say, m a mural. It's spelled m u r, so it's a mural. They got this big mural up of him, right, And when six I got there, like he was mobbed by so many fans. They were showing love or whatever. I think that they were just so happy for him being Mexican that they forgot that he was a snitch.
Speaker 2: Now he gives money to the community.
Speaker 3: He goes out to Mexico, he gives like, oh, that's one thousands of dollars to the thousands and thousands of dollars to the kids. He gives them hundreds of dollars when he comes out there.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, you got the Mexican car. I tell you, got all these like real notorious Mexicans who know they know when he's giving money. They probably like, all right, we ain't snitch over here, so we're cool. But I just I don't. I just didn't think that that would be something then that they would be okay with, Like it's some serious gangsters over there, man.
Speaker 1: But moving on.
Speaker 4: Nick Cannon believes Bruno let me, I gotta tease it.
Speaker 2: No, get it off yet?
Speaker 10: A right?
Speaker 4: Nick Cannon believes Bruno Mars has more hits than Beyonce. That's a joke in itself.
Speaker 2: That's by the way. I don't know if it's a lie or not, but I know it can be proven.
Speaker 1: I know Beyonce has thirty top ten hits, twenty as a solo artist, seven number ones.
Speaker 4: It is the last person to be talking about ahead, come on.
Speaker 1: And for number ones with Destiny's childs. I'm sure that's something you can actually document with Nick.
Speaker 2: No, no, Nick, what are you saying? You're saying you tired? And Nick Cannon talking about music.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm always.
Speaker 2: Talk about me.
Speaker 3: You can have nothing to do. We gotta go and be back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Let's get to everybody. It's the j MV.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Jesse Larius is here. Jeff Bezos, the world's third richest man. Jeff, you had a chance to hook up with him.
Speaker 1: Why are we telling this story now at nine o'clock. We need to wait and save this for the Oh my god, I did no.
Speaker 3: Damn y'all, y'all play he had a chance to look up with the third richest man, and he just recently got engaged trying to holler at you.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't know. It's still a chance he just got engaged.
Speaker 3: Ain't right yet.
Speaker 2: I need to hear about this tomorrow. Just gonna be back here tomorrow. I need to hear this story.
Speaker 4: You'll be watching this.
Speaker 2: We need to put this on prime time. I can't.
Speaker 1: We can't do this at ninety billion. I need to hear this store.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We gotta do this.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, miss oboe be when we come back.
Speaker 2: We got the positive note.
Speaker 3: You know, he put a statue of his of his fiance on their like I think it's like a five hundred million dollar yacht. He got it a statue of a Yes, it's like, like I say, like a little statue on the front of the guy.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Wow, that ain't really a wow.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you why. It ain't really the third richest man in the world.
Speaker 4: That's the way we put a statue on the yacht.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to be doing stuff like that.
Speaker 4: That's Jeff Bezos to normalize everything.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's not normal. That's normal for him. This body has done that because he's Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 1: If Jeff Bezos isn't doing excravag and things like that, I'm gonna think something wrong.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? That ain't excressed.
Speaker 4: I may not even heard of anything like that before. He just gotta seem like it's so beneath him. He don't care. I'm right.
Speaker 3: When we come back. We got the positive note is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Everybody's EJ n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club, Jesselarius. We appreciate you for joining us. You'll be back tomorrow. You got shows this weekend Rhode Island.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do, Providence, Rhode Island, Comedy Connection Friday and Saturday. We got four shows altogether. Get your tickets at essellariusofficial dot com. If you're not doing anything and you're looking for something positive to watch. Every Monday night at eight pm, Just Hilarious drops a YouTube series. It's called The More with my last name, The More you Don't Know. It's like a docu series of me documenting my life. The other side of just Larius all except the love you're gonna be getting it. You might even get a little bit of that. I might show it. I might not. We don't know. Y'all got to stay tuned to see. First season is already premiered last night at eight pm. Y'all watch it my YouTube channel, just Larious. It's in my link tree. It's attached to all of my socials, y'all. Make sure YouTube. YouTube is the only place that lives.
Speaker 2: All right, And now don't forget this week.
Speaker 3: And of course I'm in Memphis for my car show kids fiving under a free family fun Day, cars from Dolph, fifty key Clock, myself and more. Yo. We should you know you said something earlier about South Carolina. I want to do a car show of South Carolina. So many people have been calling me about a car show. I just don't know a space say the words we should.
Speaker 1: I would do Columbia. You want to do Charleston? Probably lasting Fairgrounds. What's the biggest city, because I would love to do on that This city. Charleston is the biggest city.
Speaker 3: Would you do? Where's the call? Coach is the biggest? Where people will come out? Oh they'll come, They'll come anywhere.
Speaker 4: You don't think Charlotte.
Speaker 2: I mean, people have done car shows in Colombia. They've done shows in Orangeburg. They call shows the Lasting Fairground in Charleston. Better what you want to do. I've got a lot of people from the Carolina. Is that that reached out?
Speaker 3: I mean, and it's crazy because I spoke to shout to the baby and the whole baby's camp and all of them, because they even told me that the baby has a bunch of cars down to South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Carolina is a great place to do a call show. The people have done car shows historically. I don't know nothing about No Carolina.
Speaker 4: Well, the babies from Charlotton a lot of cars, So yeah, that would be dope.
Speaker 2: I forget what you want to do?
Speaker 3: It set it up all right when we come back.
Speaker 2: We got Oh no, it's time for the posta you got for us?
Speaker 1: Yes, the positive notice simple man comes from one of my favorite Instagram pages, The Healing Guy. Your character will outweigh any lie told about you because those that know you know you.
Speaker 2: Breakfast clubs, you don't finish for y'all dumb