Speaker 1: What's happening. What's happening? Welcome to another episode of the Gangs the Chronicles, and it's your boy Big Steal with my homie cheer Man. What's happening?
Speaker 2: They shit, man, just chilling people, man.
Speaker 1: And celebrated that birthday. Dog. I saw you got a whole lot of love online. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it was all good. Man. Shout out to everybody with the birthday wishes and all that. You know, back to the red regular schedule programming.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, dog, but nigga really only get that one day a year because Christmas time. I don't think Daddy's we get prisons, but we get like socks and T shirts and shit like that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy sometimes cause nigga, you know, on the birthday come around, you know most of the time, you know, you get hit up for a lot of people and shit. And after that, motherfucker, you don't hear motherfucker say nothing to you for the rest of the year. Yeah, that's she'll say hi, bye, dog cat nothing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So it's all good. You know, I appreciate it, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Man. I want to give a special risks in peace, man. One of the greats, Miss Tina Turner, she passed away today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been peeping that. You know, Tina Turner was one of the greats. You know, we are en listened to Tina Turner or watched h you know what's love got to do with it? You know, so we knew that struggle and fight. I mean, I'm pretty sure a lot of us have peeped that out. So great performer, you know what I'm saying. Iconic, you know what I'm saying. So shout out Miss Tina Turner. Rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Hey, is like Turner? Is he dead? I have no idea Turner got a real bad rap man after that movie came up. Man, motherfuckers did not fuck with Ike Turner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the domestic violence pushes is big, you know, with the women and you know, and and and men too, you know what I'm saying. So it was looked upon differently for a certain time, you know what I'm saying. But you know now that this brought to light, you know what I'm saying, you can't put it past or you can't look down on that situation, you know. So that's why he got a bad rap man, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe she was eighty six years old. Man, she lived a nice, long, very fruitful life. Man, So condolences man to her family members, nurk children. I believe she hat children. You know, it's condolences man. It's crazy. Man. It's like the older you get, man, the more people be dying. Yeah, that's just how it go.
Speaker 2: Man. You know, we get a couple of spins around the block. But unfortunately, you know what I'm saying, You gonna run out of gas one day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just evident. You feel me. Can't keep the you know, we got these motherfucking vehicles. Man, you can't keep the gas tank four forever. Eventually, it don't matter how much gas you put in. It's just not gonna run no more. You feel me, And man, I know you are big. You're a big Lakers fan, right, I'm I'm I'm with it. I'm I'm an old school Lakers fan. I'm a Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kareem, you know, Norm Nixon. You know even I'm a Shack fan, Kobe fan. So yeah, but you know I'm a traditional Lakers fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You think Lebron will come back one more year?
Speaker 2: Uh? I wouldn't doubt it. But you know, I wouldn't be mad if he decided to sit it down. Everybody gonna clown or say what they want to say. But to me, you know, my nigga do improved his point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lebron said he want to play with his son. I mean, I get that he might be able to do it, though you know he wondered if there'd be some cold shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, depending where Bronni goes college, you don't get that one year of college in depending on where he goes you know, who knows that, you know, two more years. You know, we'll see. But I wouldn't be mad at him if my nigga decided to sit it on down. You know, there's nothing else to accomplis but but that you know, historic or or or a history book setting. I played with my son, but as as far as anything else, man, I wouldn't have ship else to prove to nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, will you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, but ship what do you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What the what the fuck? Did people expect the niggas expect the Lakers to? What do? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What do people expect them to?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Go to the go what go to the finals man. You know I'm a diehard Caves.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers didn't expect the Lakers to go to win the plan in Come on.
Speaker 1: You know I'm a diehard Caves fan man. But y'all Laker fans, man, do kind of go overboards. Y'all think the Lakers supposed to be in the motherfucking win the motherfucking championship every year?
Speaker 2: Where the where the dominant legacy? Who else is there? The don of y'all can touch ship? None of y'all, that's what. None of y'all can touch ship. It's all bow down to that and stop complaining because Lakers are one of the dominant dynasty teams. Okay, they didn't win this year, but they wasn't expected to.
Speaker 1: That's the Laker bullshit dog, don't get me wrong. Much love and again? Who got who got the Boston Celtics? Who?
Speaker 2: Cleveland can't do shit? Y'all can't wipe y'all ass with a piece of grass, save it. Miami got a couple, but niggas is still in the four and five category when you get to the ten plus.
Speaker 1: Didn't start talking.
Speaker 2: When you get to the ten plus, start talking when you're still up in preschool nigga. Hey, you're still wetting the diaper. Nigga. Come on, man, you can't compare seventeen to fucking four. Ain't compare? What can you compare to? What? What can you compare to the Laker dynasty? What besides the Boston Celtics you had? It was more impressive when Cleveland won next championship and get the fuck out of here. Don't name was done, no name brand ass niggas. Man, y'all won one. Be glad. I'll be happy for y'all, man, But you're never finna win seventeen championship. The Lakers ain't gonna win seventeen more than you never fear who needs to win seventeen more? We at the top with seventeen, period, Nobody else is gonna do it. Boston can add to their resume, Lakers can add to their resume. You other niggas ain't coming nowhere near it. You're never Cleveland will never win ten fucking championships.
Speaker 1: Man, you crazy, Let me get these We don't nigga, The planet Earth would have been and went into the sun before Cleveland win ten fucking champions Cleveland, we fucking might you just gotta know the earth gonna be into the fucking sun before Cleveland win fucking ten championships. Man, you just.
Speaker 2: Next subject.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 2: You just don't subject.
Speaker 1: You just don't move fucking new nigga.
Speaker 2: Cleveland is baseball, nigga. Get up out of here. Cleveland ain't basketball is baseball.
Speaker 1: Glasses, glasses, hold on, hold on, hey, it ain't gonna let you slide like that. They just sat up here and talked about the Lakers. That's the problem with y'all. Motherfucking Laker fans. Y'all sit up and talk shit like, y'all, you're supposed to come.
Speaker 2: Out every year and win the motherfucking I did say we were supposed to win every year. I said, fucking Cleveland won't win seventeen championships until the earth going to the sun. That's what I said, Man, that's what I said. Man, you got no fucking vouch or play for Cleveland. See our baseball y'all, baseball town, y'all, not a y'all, not a y'all, not even a football fucking town. Y'all, baseball town, nigga. You won one champ what you want one championship and you want to compare and talk about Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Cleveland champions and sooner we won a championship since.
Speaker 1: Then, The thing is this, What I said was the Calves championship was more impressive than anything that could be done from the odds and the fact that we fought from behind to go win that we had to take that.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Why? Why are you out? Like I said, it.
Speaker 3: Ain't more dinads in the ring, It's just one championship.
Speaker 2: There you go, enough said next, next subject, next, next. He wanted to call you glasses to get some opinion on because he I don't know what he wanted to do. I don't know, though, but I got told him I'm not I said nothing about the Lakers, how we should win the championships every year. I ain't said. I didn't think we was gonna win this year. I didn't even think it was gonna make the fucking playoffs. So for them to make it to the NBA Western Conference Finals, everybody else need to shut up? Where's Cleveland at this year? Where did they make it to? I didn't say Cleveland. Where did they make it too? I didn't say Cleveland. Where did they make it to?
Speaker 1: Put together team.
Speaker 2: Did they make it to y'all gotta put together team. Y'all got Donovan Mitchell. He came from Utah.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Everybody has put together teams.
Speaker 1: Not no Lebron.
Speaker 2: He replace it for Lebron and the one paid for.
Speaker 4: I had Lebron all them years and only won one championship. We had him a couple of days and won the championship.
Speaker 2: And he went to motherfucking Miami and one how many? How many did he win at Miami?
Speaker 1: Had him and the old boy? How many did he win at Miami?
Speaker 2: When he left? Y'all in clo It's okay baseball championship? Shadow?
Speaker 1: What would you says?
Speaker 3: I said?
Speaker 4: Lebron has spent half a lifetime in Cleveland, only won one championship.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what.
Speaker 3: He's been in l A two weeks and already won a championship.
Speaker 1: Had Kyrie stayed in Cleveland dog and Lebron stayed dog.
Speaker 2: The one we won the champion year man stopping.
Speaker 3: Next year, y'all got bounced out.
Speaker 1: Lebron, Kyrie and Kevin Love. If we'd had that, we'd have been all the way to it. It would have been for the next five years. Would have been over with.
Speaker 2: I mean games is to check in, y'all went to a game seven, didn't y'all to win that in Cleveland?
Speaker 1: It didn't matter.
Speaker 2: We wanted your your baseball team start wearing Cleveland Indian jersey. You're gonna be like a start singing that song like Drew Carrey. You love Cleveland, you town. Hey, hey, Brian, over this segment, I want you to pull up this. I want you to pull.
Speaker 1: Up that hold on Cleveland.
Speaker 2: You're gonna play yet that's called That's gonna be our joke. But every time still say some crazy ship, we gonna go.
Speaker 1: Hollo on clear Hey, hey, on to some other shit. Hey, did y'all see the fifty best beats of all time on the red Radar?
Speaker 3: Shit? No, I just see it. But if I didn't do it, I don't trust it.
Speaker 4: I think me and Elliet need to have a conversation about them because I think that that dom lists be biased.
Speaker 1: Man. You know what though, that's the thing is, man, it is still a lot of bias and music. Man. And you know what, ain't nothing wrong with bias because hip hop is so motherfucking objective. Anyway, dog, if you a dude from that part of the country. You gonna have a predominantly East Coast you most part of your list is gonna beat from the East Coast. And I think it was some dope ass beats. I think that Lucchini beat is one of the hardest beats I ever heard.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is this was crazy to me.
Speaker 4: The West Coast can't be biased, Like we can't be because we grew up to as much as New York hip hop as we did West Coast hip hop. Like, like, ain't gonna know more East Coast hip hop artists.
Speaker 3: Than most East Coast people today.
Speaker 4: I mean, if a young dude twenty years old, he can't talk to eight about real East Coast hip hop, ain't gonna no more than him. So it's just one of those things where I think they need to leave that type of stuff to us because we have more of an objective tape mm hmm, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, man, I just think I don't know. I'm obviously not gonna take the show and talk about what my favorite fifty hip hop beats of all time was, man, But what we need to do, you know what, bro?
Speaker 2: I mean, because yeah, everybody has everybody has their own opinion.
Speaker 3: I mean, you need to put out the Gangster chronicles.
Speaker 2: These motherfuckers, I mean all time, everybody had their own opinion about whatever.
Speaker 1: They all the time. Okay, I'm just gonna give you the top the top.
Speaker 3: You gotta go home and write it first, because you know I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna give you the top ten beats they said, they said. The number ten came in as Missy Elliott, get your freak on. Then number nine was Travis Scott, Feature and Drake, Psycho Mode, Mike Jones, Feaching Wall Steel Tipping, the Puff Daddy and the Family, the Benjamin's, Kanye West Power, the Lil Wayne A Millie, number five, Number four was Notorious Big Who Shocks You. Number three was the Clips Grinding, Number two was Mob Deep Shook Ones, and number one was Doctor Dre and Snoop Dogg Steve Dre. I don't even think that's the hardest.
Speaker 2: Hunh Dre made up that list.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The rap Radar Cats, rap Caveyard Cats.
Speaker 2: That's like I said, that's Keavyard B's somebody's own fucking opinions. Man, that's they on opinions. Because I'm not gonna say that ship because There are songs right there that you named that I didn't even bump. So how can you as your opinion, that's your opinion of what you feel is your fiftieth top greatest of all time. You get me because no disrespect, But I didn't even listen to a MILLI. That wasn't a song I rolled around in my car bumping. You know what I'm saying. I look at beats like that and shit that I can ride around and bang in my motherfucking car. I don't because every fucking radio hit ain't some shit that I'm finnah playing my car.
Speaker 1: You getting me some of that shit?
Speaker 2: You don't hear a nigga in the hood or rolling down Compton or Lindra Boulevard where you know motherfuckers is riding and down Cringshaw. You ain't finna hear no nigga, no motherfucking six four with the ragtop down bumping.
Speaker 4: No Milly I remember when they made a Milly I was there and it was it was it was a dope beat. It was crazy is it was a dope beat. But you know what's funny when I think of beats from that, like you know, it go harder than a MILLI at just a beat hard than a paint you hard in.
Speaker 1: The paint was hard exactly like to me, the best records are the ones rappers.
Speaker 3: All the rappers want a freestyle too. That's the best beats, not the.
Speaker 4: Ones, because sometimes you could take a song and a song be jamming, Like Wayne made a million hard beat, but couldn't it was.
Speaker 2: It was a great It was a great song. It was a great song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anybody couldn't have rapped over that exactly would But and the dope beat is.
Speaker 3: When anybody get on it and it just be still going.
Speaker 2: Like I I like I said, I like the gang of Wayne ship. I mean, the Block is Hot is hard to me. I bumped that more than I bumped the MILLI you get me. The MILLI wasn't my forte. That was some club ship for the ladies whatever, whatever. You know. I bumped the Block is Hot, I bumped fucking you know. I bumped a gang of other ship that was more street orientated to me. You know what I'm saying from little.
Speaker 3: Wayne ain't no.
Speaker 4: How is Cream not in the top ten from the New York. They couldn't have been from New York. They don't got Cream in the top ten. Cream is one of the hardest beasts to ever come out of New York.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would definitely say that, Hey, we go do our five. We each do our five number one beats right now, off the top of your head, glasses, what's your five greatest beats of all time?
Speaker 2: It's fucked up, yeah, because you have to sit down.
Speaker 1: And I'm just asking for five. Well, you know what, Let's do three. Then let's go three, just off the top of your head. What's the hardest beats ever?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: If that's just hard, it's hard for me. Okay, Okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: I've got three. I can go first and let you wait if you need to.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you five, all right, give you five or the hardest beats and easy beats. I heard that you might not even know who the artist is more O g Bobby Johnson from Out the South, O that ship with the Snares, that.
Speaker 3: Book, that ship.
Speaker 4: I remember hearing that beat thinking that was the craziest beat in the world.
Speaker 3: But how is this working?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: That's automatically gonna go for me? Right then? Cream?
Speaker 4: That was a beat when I first heard it. The Wu Tang cream beat. I just didn't understand.
Speaker 3: What was going on. How is this possible? How can music even sound like this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: That's how I felt about that. Kanye Kanye and uh Kanye and.
Speaker 4: It beat Uh Devil in the Blue Dress, Deviling the New dress. That beat is crazy, that crazy sample. That's like the hardest thing in.
Speaker 3: The world to me. What's the mother sucking hard during where I just be like, damn, it just made me just twist my face.
Speaker 4: Uh battle cap, I love it. That's hard as a motherfucker. It don't matter what they said over that motherfucker it was gonna go off. See me and Drake NonStop. I'll give Drake NonStop. That's a that's a hard beat, that's five by my head that I feel like I'm listening to that.
Speaker 3: I'm like thees is rap beats.
Speaker 1: That's a respectable list right there. You ain't got five eight. I ain't even touching this. Ship ain't declining to see he ain't want to be politically correct.
Speaker 2: I don't even be politically correct because my idea of my idea of the greatest beats. Man, I listen to too much Ship, I'm not I listened to too much there is no list. I'm not gonna go, ah, these are the top five greatest beats of all time? Nigga, I like fucking Eric be as President was a hard psk. No, because it ain't because I got a top one hundred, because I don't do niggas like that, because niggas was all great. If you don't, whatever your opinion is, is your fucking opinion. Whatever, rap cavit yard to hip hop, this, to rolling Stone that, to steal, to glasses to. Everybody's gonna have their own preference. How can something be the greatest of all time when there's so many great niggas.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm saying this is the East person. So I'm gonna give you my personal five. Now it's one in there. I got one there ain't nobody go think about. It was from the Homie Hot Dollars Scoop the Veal made. It was one of Scoop and Field's earlier beats.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 1: I love these streets. They had the beach Boys, sad that beach Boy sample, the way they flipped that.
Speaker 2: Others beats I've never heard. I've never heard it.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fu. YouTube just ahead like I said, I've never heard it YouTube. Just gohead this year.
Speaker 2: Hold on that and see that's where I say it comes to everybody's own presidents because do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you I agree, you can't.
Speaker 2: Really, I've never heard you asked me, nigga Jesse James from Scarface, fucking mother you give me. I'm like a doggy dog world from Soup Dog. I'm talking about ship that the niggas ride down the block and they low riders. It's denials.
Speaker 1: Let me get my fire off real quick, dog ship.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you be on some cordy ship.
Speaker 1: Man. Hold on, I'm gonna tell you something. This one of the hardest.
Speaker 3: Tell me is hard. I remember what that means. Real real niggas.
Speaker 1: How we get it? Getting paper west side of your mother fucking.
Speaker 2: Nigga, I'm really from Compton different.
Speaker 1: Already you wed.
Speaker 2: We talked.
Speaker 1: What it is, man. That's how we do it.
Speaker 2: Man, y'alliggas want to see the streets heard it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That beat on?
Speaker 4: I remember when I first heard that beat, I was like, this ship is would That's another way too, when I wish it was my beat.
Speaker 3: That's how I know it's a good beat too.
Speaker 1: Hold on quick, yea Yeah, that was the ship right there. That's one of mine right there, and that's some underground ship right there. I'm like, hey, I'm gonna go back to it. I think not hand of the Dead body, but I never seen a man cry. When I first heard that, I was like, damn, this ship is ill. It was just real introspective right cream for wu Tang one, I agree with another hard ass one. This is my second entry from the Little Homie scoop to feel that I want a rock how you flipped the rod base in DJ easy Rock. So when I first heard that, and then I gotta tell you that, I don't know if it's one of my top five really, but I got it stick out to me. Other fucking MANI men shit with fifty cent. That was dope ass motherfucking beat. Yeah, that was dope. That was a dope ass motherfucking beat. But I think hip hop is so motherfucking subjective. Dog. It's like when people come out with these best Greatest Rapper of All Time lists, It's like, Dog, I hear too many niggas wrap that can bust that ain't necessarily famous that my list would be way different from anybody's Thingers if you talk to me. Glass has got a different ideology when you think about that, because he thinking about who got hit records.
Speaker 4: Not hit records, who got good records, like a rapper to a rapper to me is still judged on how prolific his record is. So it don't gotta be radio like. It could be something that's culturally shifting. And it ain't the biggest radio song, but that shit mean everything. Soon as you hear it put you somewhere else, like a good record. It's almost like you're finn to take a trip somewhere that you ain't standing right then and there. So I'm I'm really high on that as a rapper because if I just judge rap it, it become a style thing, like what style I want out, Like some plush line niggas is hard, Some plush line niggas is corny, Some gangs of niggas get cracking, some gangs of niggas.
Speaker 3: Name it just you gotta make it work together.
Speaker 4: And then when I hear it, feel me like it's crazy. When we did that concert in Fresno and Backerstiet the other day, and and and and and uh A did straight up to that shit took me somewhere else.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker. It's just some joints just.
Speaker 4: Is there is put together, and that's that's what it's about it if it ain't. If your record don't take you nowhere, if it don't take you nowhere, then what's it for?
Speaker 3: The motherfucker is supposed to be like a ticket, a first class ticket somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's for real, man, You know what, it depends on what it is. Because see, I'm gonna tell you, like when I first heard Big Daddy came, it wasn't a raw record, but it was let a rope get bold, like just can't hold back the folk because I'm the man was sold and controlling effects with the heck rock to disco tech and the crew will come next. What was the name of that song?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 1: You know what the little when wing? When that was raw? That that was wrong because raw was here. I am l A W A R her bringing trouble to you know, the one that was going the top, top the top.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: M m m m off. That was it right there? To me, King was the hardest nigga on the planet dog. When I first heard KINGE, when I first heard King, when I first heard Rod Kim. When I first heard Kool g Rap and them it's all East Coast niggas, it was kind of over with for me as far as like.
Speaker 4: I just think y'all generation and I'm gonna say it like this, I just think y'all generation don't.
Speaker 3: Give enough love.
Speaker 4: It was hard, it was I said that a lot of times and like lo as a mc l as everything is just I remember hearing him as a kid, and I don't know if it was for us, but that that ship was amazing.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker was hard. Man. He just for some reason fall by the way side people.
Speaker 1: Not really though. It could never fall by the wayside because l L won every battle he had, really and I hate seeing this, but when you say l L pretty much won in every battle he had, this coolmo D was cool to me, But I wasn't really no big coolmo D fan like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, coom o D was cool, like uh, like I said, I listened to a few cool Mo D songs when he first came. You know, go see the doctor was the ship. You know cool mo D? Holly you like me now, But yeah, I was more L cool J fan. That was more Cool D had a lot of motherfucking fans.
Speaker 1: Like D was cool, but I just think el smash to know with them.
Speaker 4: Star trek sh let me ask y'all something, man, And it's important to me to know too, because all my older hoummies all plugged and all of them, what is it? How did E p m D connect with y'all out here on the streets so hard? I remember was playing epm D differently more than rock Cam to me, more than more than KRISN or BDP, more than.
Speaker 3: All that shit like niggam.
Speaker 2: I think epm D connected with us so hard because you know, for me in the aspect, because you know, me and Chill was was just getting set with the CMW shit and so that's why they connected so much for me. And then for the fact that you know, they were different to me than every other MC that was coming out body. You know, like you said, we had the ls and the bastis and we had a lot of like the battle rap niggas. Epm D was the first niggas who reminded me of like even though they probably wasn't hood, they reminded me of just some hood niggas. I mean, wrapping off of more bounce and you guys, that's what got us because over here our standard was zapp and and just just baselines and shit. So for them niggas, for them niggas to come out busting off of Roger, off a Zapp, off of more Bounce, they had the whole. It was it for us, I mean as far as we was in the hood whatever, and then to come back with fucking I mean you already set it off with busting off of a zapp I mean more Bounce and then to come back with you a customer niggas was like, Nigga, I'm serving customers every day. These niggas is hard.
Speaker 3: All my g.
Speaker 4: Homies really fuck was like they just fuck with the West with PMD.
Speaker 3: And that's another I would like to hear you and Eric Sun would love to hear you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, that's my Peter, Yeah. E pm D was a heavy influence on me as far as the way I tried to deliver, you know, being the two men group, me and chill Uh. They were heavy influence on on on our come up. You know, we wanted to be ep m D. You know what I'm saying, because they set the tone all I mean, ship man you got to chill, you a customer. And then when they album came out, it was man, come on. And then what they unfinished business with the please listen to my demo and busting off of the natural high and like niggas wasn't doing that ship and we resonated with that on the West Coast because niggas being a lo los bumping natural highs.
Speaker 1: Eight because when you picture when the niggas said he double had to push while m D steered.
Speaker 2: Like niggas done, ran out of gas.
Speaker 1: Hell, you run out of gas.
Speaker 2: And then for the and then if you was a young nigga trying to get in the game and knowing the struggles them niggas was telling you, nigga, we was this and that and nigga nigga took my demo and next thing you know, nigga we here and riding and limos and Nigga, my nigga is my nigga. E double got this. Then them niggas they delivery was on point. And I think they resonated what another of niggas that was on the block at the time because a lot of music wasn't you know, a lot of music wasn't wasn't neighborhood orientated.
Speaker 1: Niggas looked at rock him, you get me a little bit.
Speaker 2: But when Ryan D came along, niggas was just like, man, these are some niggas that really know and they was just trying to connect with niggas on the street, I think.
Speaker 1: And when they did it, I liked them because Eric Simmon produced like a DJ. First of all, it's a lot of break beats, like when they did this ship off and do it till you feel good, that bump.
Speaker 2: Bump bump or bump bump.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying, yeah, they came with that ship. That was the ship I swear man when I was a lone beach at that time. G all of them twenty niggas, all of them insane niggas. That was all they used to bump right there. That's all we used to bump.
Speaker 4: Was E E P every every every every grown g how'my that I know? Like like, yeah, niggas that talk about rod niggas. But then the connection with with with eighties gang members and ship and E. P. M D is like you could tell that shit take them somewhere, they go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: When they you start talking about E.
Speaker 4: P and D and they and I just never knew that, but it makes sense to be off that zapp and all that crazy shit they was getting off of them.
Speaker 1: And another one too. I'm gonna tell you one of the other greatest beats all time MC Breed in the future when you're front that motherfucker is I got to see. I went to a show one time with High Sea and I saw Dub c up there, shout out to Dub. Dub went up there and did this thing. Rocked the crowd, see did this thing? This nigga Breed came on and didcause he was late, came on and did one record. As soon as that to the Beat y'all came on, it was like that place, like electricity ran through that motherfucker. Everybody went up in the motherfucking air. I said, damn, I want a fucking record like that right there, man. That nigga was.
Speaker 4: The now and this motherfucker here.
Speaker 2: Breed was one of the one of the early artists I knew when I first started coming up, so it was a cool, cool nigga. I knew his people, I knew some of his family. I ended up producing uh, one of his cousins. His cousins group d f C. I ended up producing a couple of songs for df C. I ended up doing a single with DFC caps Get Peeled. We shot a video on everything so on. Breed was another one of those early hip hop records that it just resonated with the West Coast. I mean, shit, the Lucky Worm, you get Me, It was all that West Coast you know music that we was bumping in the seventies, You get me with the og like you said, with the ogs in the neighborhood and niggas in a low lows and just posted on the parties, niggas sitting in the garage playing dominoes and shit like that. These are songs we heard, you know, Ohio Players, Funky Worm, Zap, More Bounce, you get Me. And so for these niggas to come out and started sampling and busting off these records, it really resonated with us in the neighborhoods because, like I said, those were our foundation of gangster music.
Speaker 1: The zaps in the the.
Speaker 2: One Ways, and the fucking Ohio Players and the fucking fucking the the Parliament and all that ship. We that was our hood music.
Speaker 4: You know what else as hard as a motherfucker too, sir, Mix a Lot Broadway, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was hard.
Speaker 3: Motherfuck I remember too.
Speaker 2: You hear that motherfucking conscious Daughter's Funky Expedition.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: That's how y g and it made the Donald Trump song with that baseline exactly.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man. It's it's a it's a gang of ship. Man that you could you could basically fill out a list of your top fifty greatest beats, and I guarantee you you look at the list and be like, God, damn, I forgot this.
Speaker 1: I forgot that. I forgot that.
Speaker 2: I mean, ship, It's just it's just so much ship. It's just so much. I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell the Beastie Boys, Paul Revere, you know what that was. Come on, man, come on, come on, Revered.
Speaker 1: Paul Revere was one was the ship too. When I heard that ship. But that was the first time I drunk a forty. So when I first heard Paul Revere, I just d man, come on my Homi, and I heard that shoo shoot shoom shoom shoop. I was like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: It's it's just a gang of It's just a gang of great classic music man that it's hard for you know, anybody to come up with a top fifty. And then motherfuckers should be clear that that top fifty is their own opinion. It doesn't have any merit to saying, what is the top fifty greatest beats of all time?
Speaker 1: That's your fucking opinion.
Speaker 2: You feel me because I guarantee you that my list is gonna be different than yours. And who says that you are the official? I'm a fucking artist myself, so I got more motherfucking pulled than you as a motherfucker who writes a magazine or some shit. I know what I choose, and I know what I hear. That's great, So it's your own opinion to me. That's how I feel about when you have these lists. Their list is gonna be listed different than the gainst the Chronicles. Gainst the Chronicles lists gonna be different than Rolling Stone. Rolling Stone List's gonna be different than if the source was still you know what I'm saying, Everybody gonna have a difference of opinion.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know you just brought up the source magazine. How big was it for you? Was you checking for the source to see if you got a hip hop quarterable.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, I used to check the source basically to see what their opinion of was.
Speaker 1: What was the top records that dropped that year? Was you trying to get you five mics up in that? Motherfucker?
Speaker 2: I got faux mikes before in the source whatever we come strapped.
Speaker 1: Five mike album?
Speaker 2: Well, I got faux mikes and that was cool, and we was on the charts for a long time when we Come Strapped and I was the first rap record in history.
Speaker 1: To have a double sticker.
Speaker 2: You had, Yes, I was the first rap record in rap history to have a double censorship on his record. What was the second was sticking for it said the views of this artist are his and solely his only.
Speaker 1: So that means you just like the labeled you was the worst gainst the rapper of all time?
Speaker 2: No, because there was in fear of what was going on at the time, a lot of labels were dropping gainst the rap quote. You know, that's what they wanted to call us. A lot of labels were distanced themselves. They were they were trying to put a barrier between themselves in West Coast music. Not to say all West Coast music was gangst the rap what they call it. But you know, after certain situations and Iced Tea with cop Killer and you know, Death Row with Tupac dying and all of that, you know a lot of majors started not wanting to fuck with cmw's and groups of that nature.
Speaker 1: And is cop Killer was actually a rock record?
Speaker 2: I did we come strapped? Uh? It was right after the movie Minister Society, Sony. You know, of course they wasn't gonna shelf record. They gonna make their money. So what they did was they put the parental advisory sticker on there, and then they put a sticker on there that said, the views of this record is solely the views of MC eight and not Sony Music. So basically, if y'all want to come talking shit, or if y'all want to come you know, doing the march and petitioning and all that shit, it has nothing to do with us. It's all on eight. So go fuck with him.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to them nators over there.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, that's shit, crazy dog, But that's what tripped me out because cop Killer was really Even though Iced Tea is as hip hop as they get, cop Killer was a rock record, doog?
Speaker 2: I mean it was I mean, you know it was a rock record. It seemed like, because Dan, do you think rock?
Speaker 1: Me ask you that.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question. Do you think in this day and age right now, twenty twenty three, if Ice Tea just dropped cop Killer, would they be as hard on them as they was back then?
Speaker 1: I think, Man, right now, no, I don't think so, dog, But I think censorship is almost.
Speaker 2: So what changed that? What changed the fact that back then they wanted to ban all of us and shelve all of them, even though we had deals and signed contracts. They wanted to disban all our groups and record contracts because they were in fear of being petitioned by those groups for that shit. But you said today, you don't think they would get no flak at all behind that zero. So what has changed with the record labels and why they're.
Speaker 1: Making more money? You gotta remember at that time eight it was still a little bit like this hip hop thing is going cool, but this's go niggas still if the money wasn't being generated that it is now. But I'm gonna tell you, once they saw the revenue that was coming in from that ship was a rep. That's why they said, Okay, we gonna still put this nigga this wee come straps. He was coming out. We gotta we got bored members stands for two, but we go separate ourselves from it to put a double stick on there so we can say we don't agree with this nigga saying, but we go sell it.
Speaker 4: I think y'all just trail blaze so many other conversations, and now the conversation that y'all was having on records is on CNN, like right now, everybody talking like how y'all used to talk back then, like you know, went from cop Killer and songs like fuck the Police and all that ship. Now that ship is is on CNN, and it's okay to talk about. It's just y'all did all the heavy lifting, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was fucked up back then though, because it was a lot of niggas can see. You gotta remember it was a time dog to where they was trying to ban all against the rappers. And then it seemed like they when it started trying to you heard the whole pund like they was from the West Coast.
Speaker 4: Remember that, I'm sure better than most people, we say, g I said, I'm sure I ain't remember better than most people here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you remember you had some you had some groups out of Flint, Michigan. They was producing some hard ass gagstrap at the time. They had them top authority niggas, They had all kinds. This ship was hard, exactly. The shit was hard than motherfuckers. I remember when I was in Ohio for that summer, all I heard was I had to pop them. I had to pop remember that ship. I had to pop them. I had to pop them. It was way more violence in music back then. Dog the motherfucking nineties was a crazy ass time. Dog Niggas was really niggas was really putting it down for their motherfucking section. But the crazy part about it, it wasn't thatt me niggas getting actually shot back then. I think it's a lot shit.
Speaker 2: It's if you ask me, I think it's more violence in the music today. Yeah, this is also, I mean shit. If you listen to a lot of these young rappers coming up, all they talking about is popping motherfucker pop pop pop pop and day day day, and then they want to they you know, a lot of motherfuckers turned aroun and say, we are to blame for that generation coming up of.
Speaker 1: That type of music. Let me tell you something, how the.
Speaker 2: Fuck because if I didn't make one single rap record in my life, it'll still be a young nigga out right now trying to pop a nigga and not behind no rap record.
Speaker 3: You just y'alling creative.
Speaker 4: You just reflected it. It was always a weird conversation. But now they doing it right now. But nobody acknowledging what's really going on in these places. They acting like it's not happening, and rappers is just making it up.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I started gang banging because I fell into the line and the section of we in the hood. You feel me. It wasn't like oh uh you know, or motherfucking told me to do? Is what we did? You get me. It's like they say that you influenced the younger generation to what.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's outside. I never heard no record that made me be from Seventh Street.
Speaker 2: That just with me exactly.
Speaker 3: You just dis your friends. It ain't nothing deep.
Speaker 4: It's just your partners y'all, just doing your thing, and basically you just start committing crimes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's great speaking of trunk crime. Man, they talked about Man, they want a harsher sentence for Lanes.
Speaker 3: They because he did.
Speaker 4: Man, you cannot in California. You could have a gun, they'll let you go.
Speaker 3: Man, they want to give you probation.
Speaker 4: You got a gun, they'll make you pay a fun You discharge of firearm in public in California.
Speaker 3: They not playing with you. They not playing with you.
Speaker 4: In his situation, he can't discharge of Firearman. It ain't even about did he shoot the girl. That's the weakest part of the case. The case is him discharging the fire warman in public in California.
Speaker 3: You going to jail. And he fought it and he was talking crazy and them crackers in California.
Speaker 4: Them people ain't playing man, Them state people ain't playing you. You start blasting people out and you commit a crime and they got you.
Speaker 3: They gonna cook you, and they cook that boy. Well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much time you think he could wind up doing.
Speaker 4: I was hoping the man get about fox this year or whatever the lower said. But they trying to, they say they trying to get him running back numbers, trying to give him that Barry.
Speaker 1: Sanders, damn man, that's crazy that way that boy go to jail for that long behind that man, because because I don't think he was trying to shoot old girl Dough. I think he was just probably faded and shot up some sh hit that girl.
Speaker 3: But that's not the case.
Speaker 4: That's the point the cashi and that's what people not looking at the charges.
Speaker 3: Discharging the firearm in California.
Speaker 4: Is a big deal, man, It's a really big deal. Having a gun ain't nothing. All that shit ain't nothing but discharging the firearm.
Speaker 3: And public like that. Man, they're gonna do something to you. You ain't just getting off easy.
Speaker 2: They yeah, I don't, I don't. Yeah. This like you said, this is Cali, with all they gotta deal with with niggas in the hood and pistols and drive bys and blasting and everything. You not gonna get away with with shooting a pistol.
Speaker 4: And he could have just and he could have Hey, he could have just took it easy route.
Speaker 3: He could have just took it easy route. But what he did was he started talking.
Speaker 4: Crazy about them crackers and them state offices and they trying to prosecute me, and you putting on the show and ain't playing out here man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you you you don't know, you don't you don't know the LA game. You don't know the La pistol system and the cops and all that. So for you to come here, for you to come here and try to campaign with it like I don't know, you try to play the race card or whatever that ship. I mean that race card don't work here. When you were a hood nigga and you know, nigga, they giving nigga twenty years for shooting at a mother fucking you get nothing. We we we know that. We I mean shit espally Like I said, you neighborhood affiliated, you don't you pop a nigga and a nigga you finla go do some time if you pop out exactly and you're not getting to it, especially if you got a motherfucker telling yeah, that nigga popped me.
Speaker 4: Told everybody in the motherfuck situation. He just put he tried to market his album and do all that ship.
Speaker 3: Still, you can't do that ship with.
Speaker 2: These people and and and everybody, and and niggas don't like the broad because you know she is who she is, whatever it is, who knows whatever you know because you had two sides of the story, you know whatever. But everybody should have just came up with the fact that, like Nigga, you were in La, you can't discharge no pistol this period. Like, I don't give a fuck if you was fucking the broad or y'all and it wasn't or whatever the story was, whoever got mad and the homegirl lied or whatever ever. Nigga, the minute you decided to pop pop, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: Deal man, you gotta take a deal. You gotta pop it up.
Speaker 2: You had to eat that. That's what you should have did. You should have took that motherfucking deal. If they was offering.
Speaker 4: To go to court and and and put it on and be sitting up talking about God.
Speaker 3: Man, is you crazy now? These people not playing with you. Man, they gonna make an example out of you.
Speaker 1: Man, Pride come before the motherfucking fall. Though. He should have took that deal.
Speaker 3: These people they tripping about pistols. I mean, they don't even you can carry your gun and get away with it.
Speaker 4: Man, that is nothing. You pop that motherfucker. You going to jail, Yeah, because they hard on them pistols. Nigga, I know their gun cases ain't ship. I got three of them. They do not play.
Speaker 3: They don't care that.
Speaker 2: They do not give fight you out and try. Yeah, they try to lock you. They try to lock you without popping on the nigga for just killing you got too many carries and motherfucker, you got pulled over too many niggas. Your ass up the river just for the fact that, nigga, we done pulled your ass over three or four times and you keep having fucking pistols.
Speaker 3: But to see, man, what you got going on where we didn't.
Speaker 2: We'd have caught you three or four times, nigga with four different pistols. Nigga, Uh, we're fin of sending your ass to prison for a couple of years. You need to do You need to go sit down for a couple Hell yeah, they try to send me up the river for some ship. Only reason I got off is because I had already made a motherfucking deal with the motherfucking prosecutor. So after the fact, they tried to recommend that I go to prison, and the motherfucker judge said, no, you already signed the deal with the nigga, so you're not finsh come back and go. No, Now, let's send nigga to prison for two years. No, so that was the only way. But yeah, out here, they do not fucking play when they come to the pistol.
Speaker 1: You know what, Man on a whole different subject. Man, have y'all heard this ship with the AI stuff yet what they're doing the voices and stuff?
Speaker 4: Man, I sent a dude use it to his advantage, which is crazy to me. How it's a kid named Jack, He battle rap called the Shelf South Central Jack and he's been demoing like like songs for like Eve, been using as a ghostwriting too.
Speaker 3: He been demo in songs for different artists.
Speaker 1: They ain't a badass, idea.
Speaker 3: Dog if you do.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you where that ship gona get dangerous. That what's gonna get dangerous is when the motherfucker use that ship against the motherfuckering put that ship online and that shit sounds just like you. It's gonna become fact.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because it's all like I said, I think I called my mother fucking homeboy a couple of weeks ago, and like I said, my nigga was on there talking about he was jumping in a pool of whipped cream and pouring chocolate cream all over itself. And I'm busy right now jumping in this whipped cream, spread these nuts all over myself. So I had to get back with y'all when I can, Nigga, I had to. I called that motherfuck about full tides. It was like, what the fuck is this? So when the nigga finally called me back and I'm like, nigga, what the fuck is on your answering machine? He said, what is it? I said, nigga, something about you talking about you jumping in a pool of whipped cream and you putting salted carbpel and nuts all over yourself. And the first day he said, ah, the home he done, broke into my fucking voicemail and changed my voicemail with that AI shit.
Speaker 1: I said, it sound just like you, That's what I'm saying. So what happens when a nigga? What happens when a nigga call your house with your AI voice on or put some footage up? Yeah, nigga, and have you like you talking to another bra or something, sending that ship to your girl some show, all kinds of ship is going, all kind of ship. I said, they gonna do this ship to where nigga fuck talking to your girl. They gonna have you talking to another dude, nigga setting up a date or something. Talk.
Speaker 2: I still wear the motherfucking leather pant you had all the other day with that hat. Nigga, your mother fucking wife gonna be like, man, I just heard a voice talking about you're supposed to be meeting somebody for some kind of rod David giving.
Speaker 1: These mothers no ideas money, giving you.
Speaker 2: Your fucking your fucking hater be all over here.
Speaker 3: This is gonna for show, be the new thing.
Speaker 4: If a nigga get caught with a voice, no, that ain't me, baby, that's that AI.
Speaker 3: They don't listen these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah you yeah, that's that's the copboy right there. You best start using it. That's that motherfucking AI. You know that shit.
Speaker 1: It ain't even fucking real. Dog. Nigga fuck up some shit. I guess Timberland he doing the motherfucking whole start up over that motherfucking shit. He starting them a business up. I mean, somebody's gonna try. Somebody's gonna turn it into some kind of capitalization to fuck it today benefit so hey, I mean it is what's gonna happen, though, Dog, how is that to stop a nigga from going out there saying I want to m C eight features. So I'm just gonna write some bullshit and do it in the voice and make niggas niggas MC eight and the motherfucking with you.
Speaker 2: I'll be trying. I'll be showing the motherfucker don't use my voice on ship. You don't get to use my voice or computer generating nothing. It's either the real or nothing, or we're gonna have some problems on how do.
Speaker 1: A nigga even stuck that though? Because that mean niggas gonna have to start copyrighting they motherfucking and trademarking their voices.
Speaker 2: Hey, if that's what you gotta do, you can't use my voice to generate nothing, So yeah, I'm gonna copyright my voice.
Speaker 1: That shit gonna be crazy. Niggas gonna have to. I wonder how to fuck Timberland gonna make money with that ship though? Man? The AI start up and I guess he's planning the commercialized artificial intelligence software. Well, ain't the shit already commercialized? What his niggas of using to making all these records?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: M Yeah, that shit go get ugly. Dog. I know the nigga that started that. We talked about that last weeks. Started that shit said he was about to that. He stepped down and ship. He was like, that shit gonna be evil because what happens.
Speaker 4: But every movie, every movie you've seen about ai Ian badly, well, I.
Speaker 1: Believe one day, dog, it's gonna be some motherfucking artificial motherfucking because you see Elon Musk making artificial women and shit like that and all that shit. No, dog, like I got an ai wife. Pretty soon, A niggas gonna be able to marry your motherfucking a motherfucking and hey, it's gonna look just like a real woman. But that motherfucker ain't gonna talk back. It ain't gonna talk shit. It ain't gonna tell you about leaving a mess. It's just gonna do whatever you say.
Speaker 2: That's it. This go do whatever you say. It's gonna be something. We got to watch that tricky shit. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you they fucking around to take over, because they already saying that shit could learn they're saying that ship of all so I could definitely see some terminator shit happening one day you think that's plausibogg that's all I roll by. Hell yeah, I think so. Dog. We were doing too much with this ship now, man, we gotta stop trying to play god. What's gonna be next, man, I'm serious, It's gonna be butlers and ship walking around this motherfucker looking just like human beings. I saw a movie like that one time. I forget the name of a dog to where they was at a party. Next thing, you know that the android way to win crazy and start killing all the motherfuckers. Androids killed the old house.
Speaker 2: That's what you trying to come up with all this ship. I mean that. I know. I guess it's good to advance technology and whatever whatever, but I'm still I'm still I'm still human. You feel me nothing like a human touch, human generated shit, you know, a human's perception, That's what I am. I'm like, I've never been a computer motherfuck or into all that shit. Like I said, it's great for the advancement of whatever, but I'm a nigga who feel like shit. Human correspondence is always the best. You know, human thoughts, human brains or whatever. You know what I'm saying. Everything you can't leave up to have a computer and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog, I guess he got in trouble man for using the torious Bige's voice. He created an Instagram posts he acknowledged the controversy behind the ladies' technology and the feelings of violating certain things. But let me tell you something, I got a solution. See, everybody always got an attention, I get, you know, everybody is real ambitious. I got intentions on doing some shit because motherfucker's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers always want to be the first to create or say they innovated some shit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But like I said, lead shit, originality where it is, man, lead Biggie alone, Lee Pock alone. You know, we don't want to have no computer generated bullshit with you know, with the passing the two greats and now niggas want to ai generate motherfucking songs with their voices and shit, Man, no originality, Man, leave shit the way it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shit is getting real motherfucking ill right now.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers ain't never heard the term. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 1: You know what. Ug On that note right there, Man, we're gonna check up bout of here. Man. But before we bounce before we leave. I want you to do something. Make sure you go follow Against the Chronicles podcast man on Instagram. Yeer, make sure you follow the Homeboy MC eight at eight oh eight. Jeh eight zero eight, right, it's really eight and zero.
Speaker 2: eiHt the number zero and then eih t eight oh eight.
Speaker 1: Man, I guess I'm gonna start promoting my Instagram pigs. I really don't be wanting the whole bunch of people on my brand new record. I write now lessons too, man, Go take a bar. Yeah, listens to you know what with with song getting the most feedback.
Speaker 2: On there with the client right now, it's called the client, man, so go bump the client. Man, it's all good. Shout out Harry Fraud on the beat.
Speaker 1: You hear you fraud your death? Yeah, h you be connecting with some motherfucking people, man.
Speaker 2: I just gotta respect for a lot of niggas.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, niggas be on the grind, man, and I'm still on the grind too, man. So that's what it is. Man. I just try to connect with with with everybody. I'm a diverse nigga, and I think you know as as much time you know I've put in the hip hop. Some dudes respect that. You feel me. You know, a lot of niggas be on the money and all that, and I respect the nigga because you gotta get your bread and all that. But a lot of niggas I fuck with's just out of respect. You get me in. I appreciate everything, man, So it's all good.
Speaker 1: That's doupe and here you fraud is definitely one than one. So are you are you gonna shoot a video for that?
Speaker 2: I'm about to start shooting video. The record been out about two weeks, uh, So I'm about to start shooting videos next week, man, and knock out a couple of videos and do what they do. But you know, first productions on there year.
Speaker 1: Well, on that note, we gonna chap tapping in with y'all next week and we out of here.
Speaker 2: Jeer