Speaker 1: Good morning, usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Charlomagne to God, Oh he's having technical difficulties, Jess, hilarious, Come on to Jess.
Speaker 4: What's up.
Speaker 5: I'm not hey, y'all. I got the.
Speaker 4: Studio by myself. No, you don't right behind you what you're talking about?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, but you ain't in here. I don't feel the gusban negative energy today. So I'm the cousin eventag and I bought my sage. I said, yes, I ain't got nobody picking on the rafters. We ain't got nobody, you know, man, we don't need none of No.
Speaker 4: No, Well, Charlomagne is having technical difficulties. He's there.
Speaker 3: I'm actually looking at him. You can see him right now, but he just can't his mic is not working. Yes, we have to get his mic working. I'm actually out in a Aruba. So if you don't know Simbad who's a comedian, his brother does this annual event out in the Ruba, and I do it each and every Memorial weekend. But because I'm doing my car show this weekend, which is this Sunday. The kickoff event is WHENESDA. So I came for the kickoff event. It was a beautiful event, nice event. Is so many people out there, so many listeners that listened to the Breakfast Club were actually there. Now, there's a lady that calls I think you remember her. She's the bus driver from the Bronx. She calls them there every day. She's out here. She's having a good time. So I just want to salute to everybody that's coming out here or that's out here. They probably sleeping because we partied to like five am. But I want to salute to everybody. I'm having a good time. And then I'm on my way back after the show, so I'll be back in New York after the show.
Speaker 4: That was everything yesterday. Essing did you miss me?
Speaker 5: I really did miss you. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 6: Don't ever leave me alone again with your man, I don't you know. Usually I don't mind being in the presence of somebody else man, because you know, I ain't trying to take him.
Speaker 5: But that's one you can have, and you can have him. I don't need it.
Speaker 4: What Charlomagne.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's Charlene.
Speaker 6: That's what I call him now, is Charlene the Goddess?
Speaker 4: Now, y'all interviewed some people after the show yesterday. Who's your interview?
Speaker 6: We interviewed Shamik Moore and then Tony Lewis sing Yet Tony Lewis Junior, the DMV notorious. Uh well, he don't want to be known for that no more. But he was, you know, a big king Thlin back in the eighties and he served thirty four years in jail and his son works so hard to bring him home.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, so he's home now, and I'm sure they're doing positive things. I see them online all the time talking about positive things, talking about changing the use mindset and all that stuff. So we'll be chopping it up with them in a little bit and also Teslin Figuro will be joining us, of course with Front Page News.
Speaker 4: A lot to discuss.
Speaker 3: We got to send a rest in peace to a legend and we'll talk about it next, So don't move. We'll get Charlemagne on the line.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Owning everybody. It's DJ ENV Charlomagne, the guy. We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: We get our guest co host, Jess Hilarious here with us this morning with.
Speaker 5: Up Jess say nothing, what's up? What's up?
Speaker 3: And let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: Teslin figure out, Good morning, Test.
Speaker 6: Good morning dj Envy and Jess, who's not the guest co host?
Speaker 5: She told never to stop calling it the guests respect on his name than you.
Speaker 4: Damn right.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get in some front page news. We got to send a rest in peace to Tina Turner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we celebrate the life, but if I'd like to say celebrate the life, you know, Tina Turner, the Queen of Rock and Roe says, she said, that's exactly how she wants to be remembered, and we have no problem with that. She passed away peacefully at eighty three years old at her home in Switzerland.
Speaker 5: And you know, as we.
Speaker 6: Were all watching this happen and unfold, you know, folks kept you know, kind of saying the same thing about, you know, her life and her legacy. And I found this really interesting. In twenty sixteen, she had her kidneys failed and she was nearing death, and her husband, Erwin Box, stepped in and donated his kidney to her to save her life. He said he did not want another woman. He said that basically he wanted to give her a gift. And so in twenty nineteen, after she recovered from that surgery and was feeling much better, this is what she had to say.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm eighty.
Speaker 7: What did I think? How did I think I.
Speaker 5: Would be at eighty?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow, I look great.
Speaker 7: I feel good. I've gone through some very serious sicknesses that I'm overcoming. So it's like having a second chance at life. I'm happy to be an eighty year old woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so sad.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, long long life, two hundred million records throughout her career. She retired in two thousand and seven. We all know about all of the challenges that she overcame.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna check out her books.
Speaker 6: She has a book called Happiness Becomes You, a Guide to change in your life for good. And again I thought I just really got kind of started digging into her relationship, and I thought it was really sweet that she said her husband has never been intimidated by her career, her talents, or her fame. He shows me that true love doesn't require the dimming of my light. So I thought it was just really interesting in their love story. And so we have time, let's play a little sample of her iconic music.
Speaker 4: Yes, take their emotion right, my love got to do. You know, it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Last thing as I was DJ and like I said, I'm out here in the Ruba, and the DJ before me started doing a Tina Turner set, and you just forget so many records that she sang, and so many records that meant so much to you, so many records that my mom played as she was cleaning the house or as she was doing chores around the house, whatever it may be. So definitely rest in peace her life story. I know they did a couple of movies about it, so if you haven't got a chance, definitely check it out. And again, rest in peace to the icon the legend Tina Turner.
Speaker 6: And let me say god, let me say this right quick, just because we were talking about drivers. Obviously over the last couple of months, well not the last couple it feels like months. For the last couple of weeks. Her husband was a driver. He picked her up one night and it was love at first sight. So he was sent to be her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was sent to be her driver.
Speaker 6: They were together twenty seven years, they were married for ten and so again that book just really talks about how he was the best thing that she ever met.
Speaker 3: So wow, wow, All right, well that is front page news. Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you're upset and you need to event, call us up right now. Maybe you're working with somebody that's standing in front of the mic. He just can't talk. Maybe that makes you upset. Maybe you upset that when you look at the picture of him, all you see there's a bunch of white men standing behind him, and maybe that's making you upset.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It seemed like he cheating on me. But anyway, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five. What's what, Jess, what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Rubert got you turned up? Okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Call eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this, Hey, this Angel?
Speaker 4: Hey Angel, good morning, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: I'm just visiting the city because I'm a I'm a truck driver, and I swear no one prepared me for how city people be driving.
Speaker 4: Horrible. Huh, horrible, dude.
Speaker 11: I'm from you know, such a Pennsylvania middle of nowhere, and people there, you know, driver some level of courtesy. People are just drive like they own the road.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: They drive like they got somewhere to go. That's that's usually what it is. We're usually late, we.
Speaker 4: Got somewhere to go.
Speaker 3: And sometimes you truck drivers, we drive a little too style to stupid because you guys can just really hit our car and kill us.
Speaker 4: But I mean, that's that's what it is.
Speaker 3: And you know the crazy thing about it is when we go out of town to other areas, especially in the South, we.
Speaker 4: Be beeping horns, we be having road rage because we feel like people just take their time and we got places we need to go.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 5: Yeahvania, I see New York place and driving driving like that, I'm like, oh no, makes sense.
Speaker 4: Damn. Hello, who's this Hey?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 13: James from Georgia.
Speaker 4: Hey Jay from Georgia. Get it off your chest, man.
Speaker 13: I just want to take good one into you envy.
Speaker 9: What up, Jess?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Charlomagne?
Speaker 13: R Peter King of Turner.
Speaker 9: I didn't know, man, how many hits.
Speaker 13: I think I was listening to the radio yesterday.
Speaker 2: She has hits the top of the hit But anyway, I just want to say that, yes, yes, I love you on the show.
Speaker 14: I love how you match.
Speaker 13: Charlomagne. Well, what do you say, Charlene the yeah?
Speaker 14: God, Charlotte.
Speaker 13: Can you guys add her to the show like you? Is a perfect ship?
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you man, keep doing your thank girl heavy.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit of car show.
Speaker 4: Oh do can't wait to see you brother.
Speaker 9: All right, y'all have a good day man, you.
Speaker 4: Too, you too.
Speaker 3: I will say this though, the one thing that I love about Jess is not the reading. It's not that she's always on time. Is the fact that Jess is dead with the bs.
Speaker 4: Just don't care. She don't have no friends in this industry.
Speaker 3: She will shoot at me one day and shoot at Charlemagne the other day, and then somebody else the other day.
Speaker 4: She don't care. She's a thousand percent.
Speaker 3: Reel And that's the one thing I love about Jess okay, because that was wondering way the hell you was going with this.
Speaker 1: I was like, dang, because you know what, I'm gonna thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take props and I'm head out.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Good morning? What's your name?
Speaker 15: Nica?
Speaker 4: Hey, Nica, get it off your chest?
Speaker 11: Good morning? Yes, hope, she was putting that mixture.
Speaker 14: I'm forty five.
Speaker 15: I just bought my first piece of land. I'm proud of that came from the Project BI living projects and trying to make away from me and my family. So you just got an acre land and the cat skills and I'm building tiny homes for my family. So if you tell it, you can share my cash app.
Speaker 11: What your cash at, Mama, because n I ka h h.
Speaker 3: Seven seven okay, all right, well I'm gonna through some money in your cash app. And I think what you're doing is amazing And the most important thing is the fact that you bought it and you're breaking it down and trying to explain to people encourage people how to buy it as well. And that's that's all I was trying to do when I was doing those seminars. You just want people to start purchasing and buying their own home and teaching them how to because that's the most important thing. So I'm congratulations and I'm gonna throw some money in your cash at Mama.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 4: Whether you're mad or bless, time to get up and get something. Call him now.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five five five one.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from.
Speaker 12: You on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you guys doing?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 2: Is tie Ree from eight or four?
Speaker 4: How you doing that? Brother?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: Good morning guys.
Speaker 9: How you guys doing good?
Speaker 4: Good? Good? Come on Charlamagne talk. They can hear you?
Speaker 9: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Brother said? How you doing?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Sometimes we act like this a multimillion dollar operation, and sometimes we don't.
Speaker 9: I don't know what the hell is going on. I don't know, but it's working today.
Speaker 4: What's up? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll check it out. A couple of things I want to get off my chest. I want to say that first off for you, DJ and v. I know you responding to Rick Ross and everything, and I totally get it on one hundred percent for it. However, when we do respond to stoopal to someone else's level, we tend to lose ourselves. So don't do it. Stay true to who you are. Secondly, I want to give.
Speaker 10: It staring at the guy you see him.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you want me to say. I mean, I think anybody knows a petty, but it is what it is. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hey? What's your name?
Speaker 16: Heydop of the morning?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 4: Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: I just want to say I just wanted to give about everybody like a little fight man, Like I know things at all and it might look crazy or it might look like it's not working out. But things work out, man, it really do. It's really doing working to it.
Speaker 9: Oh, I agree with that.
Speaker 10: And and if and if you still stay around long enough to see things work out, that's why longevity isn't exactly.
Speaker 16: I just wanted to say that I'm dealing with this credit situation. I just need a little.
Speaker 15: Bit of help.
Speaker 4: That's what's wrong with your credit?
Speaker 16: I mean, I feel like I first it's no credit, Like I've been working on it, but like I just need a little bit of help.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 16: A little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well I'm not a credit person, but you know I.
Speaker 3: Deal with Jose Credit Due who usually helps people with credit and you should hit them up. I think it's the credit dude on Instagram, and he'll help you out with your credit. He'll help you. He'll tell you what you need to do. You just can't buy like some people just buy things to fix their credit and usually that doesn't work because it usually after a month or two, it affects your credit again. He'll show you how to make sure that your credit stays high and continues to grow, which is what we all need. So definitely follow me on Instagram and then and tag me and I'll set you up with the whose ey of credit Due bro.
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 13: Who's this? This is Tim Games here from Della Ohio.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 13: Tim, I'll meet my son down your way this weekend for your car show. She's coming from Della, Texas. I'm coming from Delaware, Domestis. I was calling because I reserve the IP tickets. Yes, and I got to know this this morning on email that is being refunded due to a third party. Yes, yes, so I'm trying to I was hopefing you can leave in the direction walk and make it through the cars deal, you know, get in the gates and you know, I don't mind saying that, I'm not sure where to get the tickets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so let me explain what happened.
Speaker 3: I told you last week somebody took out a fake page on event bright and we're selling tickets to my car show that were fake and it went through actually event bright. So what they did was they created their own event right, and we're selling tickets to my car show.
Speaker 4: So after about five days of.
Speaker 3: Proving to event bright who I was and that it was my event, they actually took that link down and event bright made that fake person give everybody their money back because I didn't want anybody to be scammed. So you could actually click the link in my bio for tickets, and if there is no VIP tickets available because I think they're sold out, you can just hit me on DM and then I'll make sure Mercedes get you what you need. But yeah, somebody was trying to scam. And I tell everybody when you're buying tickets for everything, just be extra careful because people are actually creating fake event right pages that looks identical to the ones that's through event Bright and if the promoter or the person that's doing the event doesn't catch it, it's catching people with.
Speaker 4: A lot of money.
Speaker 3: But luckily we were able to catch it and give everybody back their money. But like I said again, if you just go to the link in my bi you could get tickets and if you have a problem, just email me and then I'll get you what you need. Brother, Well, I will thank you all right, look forward to seeing you and your son Yop, Yop, yop, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up right now. Now, Jess with the mess what we got to give us little tease, So Chloe.
Speaker 5: Bailey confirms that she is, in fact Leonard's cousin.
Speaker 4: Alright, all right, Jasonbody was like, dude, dude, do.
Speaker 5: You know that's your cause?
Speaker 6: And she said, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that's my cousin. And I was okay, cool, all right.
Speaker 4: We'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Owning everybody's tej n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Of course we have Jess Hilarious in the building. Now let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 1: Yetto the room report on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: O Honey's Ghetto Official.
Speaker 6: So yesterday it was a sad day. We lost legendary singer Tina Turner. She passed away. She had kidney problems. Now I know Tesla has spoke on her kidney problems briefly, but she kind of went into depth a little bit. She was diagnosed with hypertension back in nineteen seventy eight, so she's you know, had issues for a while. And she said basically back in March that her hypertension hypertension has put her in great danger. And she also admitted that she didn't take proper care of herself and that she wished that she had. So I think there's a message in that for people y'all can learn from this. She admitted that she didn't take the best care of herself. We have to take care of ourselves. So I just want to start with that because that that was sad, you know what I mean, we think, you know, and then for a lot of men too, A lot of men don't go to the doctors, you know, they put that off. And I know, just even experiences from when you get older, I mean not not experience having older parents. You know, when you get older, things don't work like they used to. You know, you have a little bit of pain, you gotta go get it checked out because they can be progressing and you don't know, and you can actually, you know, put more more datty your life.
Speaker 5: Just going to check up on yourself.
Speaker 9: So, and that's real.
Speaker 10: Just because Tina Turner was eighty three, and if she said she wasn't, you know, taking proper care of herself.
Speaker 9: She's lived to be eighty three.
Speaker 10: Yes, imagine how much longer she might could have lived, because eighty three is a great number.
Speaker 9: I'll take eighty three all day. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: And she was so fit, y'all.
Speaker 6: But just because you look good don't mean you always you know, feel good inside, you know, So just to carre of yourself. Okay, Cops doing welfare check, welfare check, that's that damn accent y'all had that whole welfare.
Speaker 9: Don't let welfare kick your ass.
Speaker 6: Cops doing well, oh fair check on John Moran yesterday fans were concerned for the basketball player after he posted some cryptic messages to his Instagram story. So he posted his mother saying I love you mine, he posted his pops, I love you, Pops, and to his baby girl, you're the greatest baby girl, I love you, and then the last was by So the thing is about that people do these things, you know, when they're about to commit suicide.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 6: Oftentimes the police went over there because his friends and family were very you know, they were, yeah, concerned about that, and the police had went over there to check on him. And he said he just meant that he was taking a break from social media and that he's okay.
Speaker 10: But you know, when yeah, if you're gonna take a break from social media, just take the break from.
Speaker 4: Social media, just say it, you know. But maybe he was thinking that and changed his mind, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, because even if you're taking a break on social media, you don't say by mom, by dad, and buy my daughter right because you want to speak to him regardless. So maybe he was thinking that. Maybe he was thinking that and something changed his mind, or maybe when the police came, he just didn't say what it was and that's how he felt. So and that's why, you know, I mean, because you just can't say social media. So I would just hope and pray that his father, his friends, his mother, his family show him a lot of love right now, because you don't know what that man is going through. You know, people laughing, Oh he had a gun again, and he's stupid, and this, that and the other. But we don't know what he's going through. We don't know the pressure that he has, and people sometimes buckle under pressure. So you know, continue to show that brother love. Yes, he got to face the consequences for what he did, but that doesn't mean that we still can't show him love and make sure that he's all right mentally and physically.
Speaker 10: That's real, and that's why social media is so dangerous because whatever temporary emotion you feel and you run the social and expression and when people get on social and start saying by the people, of course folks gonna think they suicidal. Of course he's gonna get a welfare check.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And honestly, Baltimore just lost one of their own. Chucky. Rest in peace to Chucky.
Speaker 6: Y'all don't know him, but that that was actually somebody that everybody in Baltimore loved. He did the same thing over the weekend. He had said bye to everybody. He had two kids, he said.
Speaker 5: Bye to everybody. Was he did a rant did at rent rant.
Speaker 6: I was on stage. When I got off, my brother was sad, said Chuck, he just killed himself. And so this is a real thing. This is a real thing. And people take to social media because they feel like they have nobody. At times, nobody listens, So you have to check on your people.
Speaker 9: That's damn necessary.
Speaker 10: Imagine that somebody get on social and do a rent like that and you can't even get to them in time, you know, before they before they complete suicide. That's sad. Rest in peace to that brother, Chuck.
Speaker 6: And the mind is already made up most of the time. So yeah, all right, we up.
Speaker 5: That was just with the mesters what I got.
Speaker 9: You Forgotloe drop on the clues bomb for just damn it.
Speaker 4: We tease Chloe Klobe.
Speaker 5: But you know what I.
Speaker 6: Was feeling, you know, some emotions, you know, behind seeing it and then behind the whole job rant thing, you know.
Speaker 5: But yeah, now, let's I.
Speaker 9: Was just happy you could read good.
Speaker 6: Wait, that's because I practiced. I knew y'all wont gonna be it, So I gotta bring this energy.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, right, that's right.
Speaker 5: You know I'm holding down the foot while y'all doing y'all playing on there all right now.
Speaker 6: Chloe Bailey, she confirmed that she was this man's cousin, so he is not lying. Let's clap it up. And you know, he gotta he got a cousin. He got a cousin. He got a cousin, all right, And we got some audio because she came for DJ Mvy to Chloe Bailey came for DJ Envy a little bit and it was friendly.
Speaker 18: But listen and seeing you do interviews and you check my boy DJ Envy in such the nicest way, asking him if he heard your album, which we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 5: It was like my nice kind of thing.
Speaker 17: So for people who watch the actual, like whole interview, because Charlemagne is my actual cousin, really yes and.
Speaker 5: Like yes, wow, yeah, So.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 17: So the thing but the thing is he kept coming for Charlemagne about like, oh, you didn't post her album, you didn't post her album, And I'm looking at him like, well did you did you like the al what's your favorite song? Like, if we're gonna check people, let's check everybody in the room.
Speaker 5: The only thing that is ain't your cousin.
Speaker 9: Novel.
Speaker 3: But I will say this, some people that didn't listen to that full interview, we were joking the whole time. It was nothing serious, and a lot of people don't don't realize. That's why when we have these interviews sometimes we bring people in like Nyla. That's why we bring people in like test because those are the people that listen to let's say, like a Chloe Bailey or some of these newer artists that I might not listen to, or politicizs or like we have politicians sometimes things that I might not know, some things that Charlemagne might know. We have somebody that's an expert at those things. So let me ask you a question. Jess, give your name two songs of Off Off, Chloe Bailey's.
Speaker 9: Don't bring justin this? Why you bring it just to this?
Speaker 10: See you always trying to bring somebody else into your mess. Just just don't do it.
Speaker 5: And breakfast in bed. That's the day. The numb track eight and nine A nice that is not.
Speaker 10: But I tell you one thing what what what NB said is real, and that's why we have a club. That's why the Breakfast Club is actually a club. Because I'm gonna tell you right now, if y'all expect me, at my big age of forty four born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight to stay up on all this new music, y'all crazy, because when I get an email that's a subject of Vagina pink booty whole Brown, I ain't opening that song.
Speaker 1: Your cousin ain't making that kind of music, No, she's not. So you got to listen to that album.
Speaker 9: That's that's I do. Like that New Summer Walker though, that New Summer Walker, all right, I just that the other day. She told me shut my bitch ass up, damn.
Speaker 5: Because I came in singing you a strong sister, and that.
Speaker 4: He picked he picked the wrong part.
Speaker 5: And I didn't never hit the album yet, so I'm strong.
Speaker 4: Up Jesus, all right, Well, that is just what the mess.
Speaker 3: When we come back and got front page news with testing figure out, y'ad, let's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: For the Breakfast Club, your mornings will never.
Speaker 12: Be the same.
Speaker 10: With audio titles on business, career, advice, fitness, and more. Audible keeps you inspired whatever you're looking for. Check out all the audiobooks, podcasts, and originals you could ever want, all in one place. Sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com. Slash breakfast Club own everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy Charlamagne de Guide. We are to Breakfast Club. We got our co hosts, Jess Hilarious with us.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 3: And let's get in some front page news. Tesslim figure O you back to Is I am back?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, let's get it pop and let's start with Ron Descentsis what's going on?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Twitter blitch during his much high presidential announcement with Elon Muss. Let's listen to the report we'll talk about on the other side.
Speaker 19: This evening's rollout on Twitter did begun with a technical issue and a crash. The event was delayed with those technical difficulties. In fact, this is what people heard when they logged on at six pm Eastern, which was the advertised start of the announcement.
Speaker 12: Let's see so yeah, yeah, thimplfy.
Speaker 19: Well, it kept getting cut off by the time it started. DeSantis made a joke that he broke the internet. Biden's campaign while made light of desantisis tech troubles tweeting?
Speaker 5: This link works?
Speaker 19: And then the link went to a Biden fundraising piece.
Speaker 9: What are your thoughts on that test?
Speaker 6: They can laugh at the glitches, you know, all they want, but I listened to the entire thing, and of course, okay, it's funny a glitch, but the bottom line is this man spent an hour having a very long, detailed conversation of that to his base. They were able to educate them, They were able to say things. One of the actual co hosts said that they look at Ron de Santa's as a cool headed, ruthless assassin to take on the woke mom. So it was an hour long conversation of saying, you know, this is what they need to do to get rid of, you know, many things that he's already talked about, such as you know, banning books and ending diversity programs, and so it was a real time, you know, to educate their base, and it was it actually may be very upset Chartle and be honest with you, you know, but I've been talking for years about how you know, I wish we used Shout out to the Breakfast Club for using their platform you know, to educate our polus and I just don't think that we do that enough. And I'm not talking about Democrat or Republican. I'm talking about just black people in general. They talked about education, they talked about transportation, they talked about immigration. They even talked about bitcoin, which is something that you don't normally hear, you know, on the mainstream media. So they can laugh with this if they want to, but the bottom line is democrats have it, shouldn't be laughing and should be focusing on why he has two hundred million dollars that they're going to spend on twenty six hundred field organizers knocking on doors.
Speaker 5: Twenty six hundred is a.
Speaker 6: Very large amount, you know, to be having folks out there pushing their message, and so they should absolutely be concerned.
Speaker 9: Tas.
Speaker 10: I agree with you one hundred percent, and I think it's strange that they would bring so much attention to his Twitter space by talking about the glitch. But I didn't see anybody, you know, pushing back on the things that you just said, like they should be presenting their policies after you hear Ron Desanta's present his for an hour, I don't hear none of that. Everybody's just trying to clown them for the glitch. But all you're doing is bringing attention to all of the things that you just said.
Speaker 3: Now, like Tad said, they laughing and they're joking about the small things, but the things that they should be talking about, they're not discussing. And it seems like, especially with the Democratic Party, that's what it always happens.
Speaker 9: Yeah, tell me what y'all doing. Ron just told us what he's doing for an hour. Tell me what y'all doing.
Speaker 6: It's not funny, you know, like, Okay, it's all jokes. And you know Biden sending out, hey, this link works, you know, let's donate no squash that like real stuff was mean subsidive stuff.
Speaker 5: Charlawaye seriously. And when you compare the Santis.
Speaker 6: To Trump, which people have heard this many times before, the Sandus actually knows how to govern. You know, he's actually he was able to present receipts. And when I say you know how to govern, I'm not saying I agree with his policies. I'm saying he knows how to work around the system. He knows how to get things done, even if I completely disagree. And he laid out all of those receipts. So when you compare him to Trump, it is night and day as far as substance is concerned, and it's some stuff that is I mean, some stuff that people really need to be concerned about. I'm gonna put this on the record again, Charlemaine. I've said this before. I would love to see a versus. How can we get a versus? How do we use our platforms to discuss these issues? What are we gonna do to have something modern, to have something to say, Hey, let's have some black conservatives, some black liberals, whatever, people of color, whatever y'all want to call it nowadays, to actually inform our people to have these discussions. We cannot continue to keep depending on sixty second clips and funny jokes and Instagram without strapping people with the information that they need to know. So I want to put it on the record at the Breakfast Club Timberland. Let's do this for the culture. Let's educate our folks. We are here in the fiftieth anniversary hip Hop. We have major platforms and the only way that people seem to use hip hop is music and fun and games and getting out the vote and We've got to educate our folks. That's my get it off your chance for today.
Speaker 9: Dads.
Speaker 10: I agree with you because you you you represent the constituents. You're not on the right, you're not on the left. All you want is information. You Saturday and listen to that, to it yesterday and you got information. And I don't see the other side the Democrats presenting no alternate information. They should have been presenting alternate information immediately to what DeSantis said, because whether they want to believe it or not, this is campaign season.
Speaker 9: They gonna be in a fight next year.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is front page news now, Teslam. We appreciate you for joining us, and we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Absolutely and try you check.
Speaker 10: Out this great shot no chase of podcasts from Teslin figure on the Black Effect Higheart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 3: All right, and everybody else when we come back. Tony Lewis Senior and Tony Lewis Junior will be joining us now. The brother Tony Lewis Senior, did thirty four years in prison but finally was released from the help with help from his son. And we'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 4: So don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club, Go morning, the Breakfast Club, this interview. But we got Tony Lewis Senior and Tony Lewis Junior.
Speaker 10: You've been paying attention today's journey, and you know we're about to have a great conversation.
Speaker 12: How y'all brother doing man amazing?
Speaker 10: Tell him the story that you've been telling U for all these years, Tony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, my father went away when I was nine years old, got life without parole. You know, that journey lasted thirty four years, through tirelessly fighting for his freedom.
Speaker 5: You know, coming up here five years ago, you.
Speaker 1: Know, doing stuff all across the country, doing stuff in DC, but also utilizing our struggle to help you know, so many other families that was in a similar situation, being inspiration and hope. And then finally, you know, due to so much advocacy, my brother pushing T connected me with Brittany K.
Speaker 5: Bonnett, who I call il Martin de Harry.
Speaker 1: You're telling me and her her organization, bringing a live project, shouting people like Corey Jacobs who also a part of that, Yes, Miranda Jones, and and eventually that unlocked those gates, and sixty five days ago my father stepped out of federal prison.
Speaker 9: Have you have you adjusted yet, my brother?
Speaker 20: I'm trying, yeah, just getting there. The technology that's kind of the whole city's changed. Gentrification, all white people happening black these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I think it needed like context for that, don't really right. We live in the most gentrified place in America. These are five years, yeah, DC in five years when I was up here, I talked a bit about that, right, Well, he left in eighteen eighty nine, thirty four years ago.
Speaker 9: So we and it was really chocolate.
Speaker 12: It was now.
Speaker 1: Block man, like our neighborhood. Everything is just really changed a lot. So for him to walk into that is that's all? And where is everybody also? Who were there before? That's the other question.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I can definitely tell that he's still like hold up was going on because even when I walked up to him and spoke to me, like, y'all, you might want to chill out, don't walk about happy like that, you know, but you can give me a hug, and look, you know I don't need to give hugs regularly.
Speaker 1: He like, nah, don't touch too much, and then he had put the two fingers on the back.
Speaker 20: Like the back off hear I mean, man, I was telling her I'm watching there from prison.
Speaker 12: I know who she was.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 10: Hell yeah, yeah, let's talk about the story a little bit, man, Tony. Tony, you served thirty four years for your role in uh one of the largest most notorious crack cocaine crime rings in that region.
Speaker 9: Like what got you into the game?
Speaker 20: Poverty, single parent, household back in my our whole street was basically that's what it was, at least on my side of the street. Welfare, poverty, drugs, violence, the whole block. That's all you knew. That's all you stow. That was the job, Like you know, like people say about getting a job, that was the job.
Speaker 12: We knew nothing else. So it was a culture. And uh, the.
Speaker 20: Poverty is what led to me done the drugs and you know, trying to help my family mother, single parent, sisters, brothers, uh, friends, and uh it just grew and she is a culture, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Did you ever think it was gonna get that big?
Speaker 6: Y'all?
Speaker 10: You know, I always say in the eighties, y'all were like early investors in like a tech company or some team, you know what.
Speaker 9: I mean, Like, y'all are the ones who really really got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I never uh, I never set forth in it to become big or drug I really I was trying to just survive, help my family, eat mom, pay the bills. You know, light gas get cut off from time to time. The warfare check ain't last, you know, like it you know. So that was that's where I got in. And uh and you know, like I said, it was a culture. And always worked hard at whatever I did. So selling drugs, I worked hard, and I came up and I worked hard, and I seen the money and it kept you know, wanted to get more and more, but not to.
Speaker 12: Glorify it at all. But back then that was the culture.
Speaker 9: What's the most you had at one time?
Speaker 20: Uh, I had a few million in cash down and back then that was that was a lot, you know, I know, the lands a little less, but yeah, I got to get a few men in. Uh in my early twenties, wound up geting the rested in at twenty six, and.
Speaker 12: Uh that was it. Yeah, done, that was it?
Speaker 20: Like what two years of balling a year actually more than because I sund like when I was fourteen, you know, but of course small stuff and you know, but yeah, big stuff came, you know later money wise and everything else, but marijuana from the beginning, and you know, stuff like that, you know, small stuff like that. But then our block, yeah, turned from the marijuana to cocaine. Not my making, you know, other other people making. But Ronald yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Couple were right there too. You see the dome of the Capitol.
Speaker 1: We were ten blocks twelve blocks from the Capitol where our street is saying.
Speaker 5: And I think that that's that really is.
Speaker 1: It's something to that though, to say that, right, you can stand on our block on any corner in DC and the presidential motivate you might.
Speaker 5: Ride by, like in a little six That is the backdrop to you know, our store.
Speaker 1: And I grew up on the sound that same block in a more even dailier time because now the queen a harder crack epidemic.
Speaker 5: You feel what I'm saying. When I'm coming up in the nineties, you know what I mean, And we're the murder capital of.
Speaker 1: The United States, and you know, and it's just like complete destruction and just desperation.
Speaker 5: And I'm just so happy that I had him from prison. It's crazy. He was when they got locked up man. You know, being nine years old, I'm the only child. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: From the court stuff is on the news every day. Then they went to they was getting preferential treatment at DC jail. So they go to Quantico Marine Base.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So you go visit at the sale like we had the marine base am sixteens and marines. It's not a prison. And I'm that's embedded than my brain to this day. They go shipped out the Long Park, California for the next thirteen years and I'm just sharing that to talk about how that is. And I'm on that block. He three thousand miles away. My mother started to deal with severe mental illness that she's still your.
Speaker 5: Battles to this day. So I lost my both my parents in the way that I had them prior and had to navigate through that.
Speaker 1: But I had him on the other and their phone in them letters, you know ever, they telling me to like make better choices, you know, doing everything that he could from prison to ensure that I don't following them same footsteps. But at the end of the day, I'm growing up in the exact same thing. That's why I wake up feeling like the luckiest man alive.
Speaker 6: And and even with all of that, you could have still took another turn. What made you not turn to rereak Saint Patrick with all this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, really.
Speaker 4: All Joseus side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because where we come from, it ain't nothing else. Just like he it's nothing at all.
Speaker 5: My uncles, all his friends. Then people ain't leave with him. That's still around and.
Speaker 1: People people did give me, you know, so much information of like slug.
Speaker 5: That's where everybody called me slug. Something different. You got something different. I had a strong grandmother, my aunt's you know.
Speaker 1: And other dudes in the community in general just wanted me to do something different, but nobody could show me how.
Speaker 5: M that's what the problem came. Do something different? But who pressure that's what.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I was able to, you know, about the grace of God. I was able to kind of you know, find my way. Will really saved me. It wasn't linear like that though. Just what happened was when I was about.
Speaker 5: Twenty, I still ain't you know what I mean, what I'm gonna don't you know.
Speaker 1: But I got a job doing Peter Pitt violence interruption, like a job basically the people closest to the problem that can reach their pis.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. I fell in love with the work and that's same.
Speaker 1: If that's what really you know what I mean put me on this path that I've been on for the last twenty three years. Yeah, you know what I'm saying as an activist, aside from you know, getting them out of jail, but being sort of the leading voice. I stand at the intersection like poverty, massive conservation and gun violence in my city.
Speaker 3: You know, we got more with Tony Lewis Senior and Tony Lewis Junior. When we come back, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, putting everybody.
Speaker 3: It's the ej Envy, Charlamagne, the gud we are the breakfast Club. Now, yesterday we got a chance to chop it up with Tony Lewis Senior and Tony Lewis Jr.
Speaker 4: I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I'm out of the country, but Charlemagne and Jesse Larryus held it down.
Speaker 10: Charlamagne, what was the turning point in the like the free Tony Lewis movement?
Speaker 9: Like when did you start seeing hope?
Speaker 5: Man? I always like, I don't you know, I was going to make it happen.
Speaker 1: But the biggest turning point, you know, through the years, like people like my brother, while a lot of other guys you know, helping and pushing push will push it or pushing introduces us to Brittany Barnett. When we're pushing it makes that intro. He made the song coming Home with Long Hill. She mentions pops in. That's when her legal prowess and then she connected with a law firm, Aaron Fox Shift in DC to be able to represent him.
Speaker 5: I felt hopeful.
Speaker 1: Look the first motion that she files though he is judg he gets denied for it.
Speaker 12: Though.
Speaker 5: You know, when I did the free Tony Lewis.
Speaker 1: Rally, we got like thousand people up in DC at the Black Lives Matter Plaza and we foul emotion after that and then motion get denied. I was like, man, but Bread was like nahs, t were going back in yeah, and we just kept, you know, kept pushing, you know what I mean, I kept bugging, you know, you and and everybody else. Let me come up, Let me talk about trying to you know what I mean, because you know, I felt like out of the family.
Speaker 5: Man. You know, now, I grew up right, but also I got married.
Speaker 1: I had, you know what I'm saying, my two daughters, and I didn't want my babies keep busiting no federal prison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: What was What was the legislation that actually got his sentence overturned?
Speaker 1: The first step back Stain It was a Trump a reform and you know, again back five years ago in an interview, I wasn't you know, because I helped advocate for that as well, right, but at the time we didn't even think that he would be able to benefit.
Speaker 5: From the first step back.
Speaker 1: But obviously other stuff that I benefit, I mean that I advocated for. You know, it was about not us, it was about the greater and other American families all across this country the benefit, you know what I'm saying. So the first step actor, you know, and shout out to to you know, Cut fifty, Dream Court, Van Jones and and all that crew and host King Jefferies also who introduced the bill.
Speaker 5: But Trump signed in the law.
Speaker 1: Probably about twenty thousand people have come come home off that reform and you know, uh, something that's really really important to us and what we planning on working on together moving forward. And we actually got a meeting tomorrow in this same vein as that you know, the Biden administration.
Speaker 20: President Biden listening up, very very inactive. I think it's the architect of our current system.
Speaker 5: But check this out. So so infrastructure, these things he ran on infrastructure? Did that computer chips? Did that? Climate change? Did that? Gun control to the to the to the extent that he could impact that?
Speaker 4: Did that?
Speaker 5: Uh? Stood loan that to a certain degree.
Speaker 12: Did that?
Speaker 5: But this, mister Biden, is your issue.
Speaker 4: This is you.
Speaker 1: You can do by executive order. You do not need congressional collaboration to do this right. No, by executive order.
Speaker 20: He has the clemency power, power to play right.
Speaker 5: And we need you to do that. We need you to commute sentences.
Speaker 1: We need you to reunite American families like our the joy that we're feeling that, you know, just to be reconnected.
Speaker 10: On him directly, it's here eighty six mandatory minimum citizens, crack law.
Speaker 1: Do it, yoe like for real, like it is his to do when it's time to do it.
Speaker 5: I went to a vent in the Justice Department, was the aparbut three weeks ago, weeks ago, we went and and then I say this all like, I don't. I'm glad that those thirty one families have been reunited.
Speaker 20: But come on, man, thirty one part commutation thirty one. You got thousands of people languishing under these hard sentences man for crack, cocaine and many minimum and.
Speaker 1: They've done their time, that's the point, more than their time, right, So it's not like it's not to get out of jail free call. We told people that have done twenty.
Speaker 12: Five they've done their time more than their.
Speaker 5: Time, and it never got that much time.
Speaker 10: And the reason I mentioned the reason I think Biden should make this a main issue is because number one, he was the architect of all of those bills. But he's admitted to it. Like like when we had him on Breakfast Club. You know, people always get caught up in the U ain't black comment, but there was a moment when I'm talking to him about righting his wrongs of math incarceration, you know, with the ninety four crime bill, he was like, it wasn't a crime.
Speaker 4: I was like, you wrote that, Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: And what you what you get out of that is the destabilization, in my opinion, the greatest destabilization or the destabilizer of communities like ours, no matter who lives there. Right, if you got took people out of the community, yes, people should have been held accountable. Even in the in the free Tony Lewis movement, I never said he want no political prison.
Speaker 5: I never was like he.
Speaker 1: Should have never went to jail, should have went to jail, but just not.
Speaker 9: That's real, that's real.
Speaker 12: I should have went to prison.
Speaker 4: I should have went to prison.
Speaker 1: And it's like, it's like one of the situations where you can really do that.
Speaker 5: It should be a criteria.
Speaker 1: The other thing is people should not have to go before these judges and it depending on what side of the bed they woke up on.
Speaker 5: Your freedom is based on that.
Speaker 1: It should be if you did this amount of time, you've shown rehabilitation, you should do it. The other part of it, though, for President Biden and VP Harris, listen, not only should people be reunited with their families, but you guys should take the steps to make the federal workforce, which I'm a part of the federal workforce, a model for second chance hiring.
Speaker 5: See, we got to clear up.
Speaker 1: Some of these birds. My father did thirty four years, but it's still places he can't work and can't live. Think about that, right, I mean, so.
Speaker 6: You're still technically, you know, in some type of way.
Speaker 5: There's no question about it.
Speaker 1: If he don't got me right, you know, to navigate this new world after thirty four years, you know what I'm saying, and trying to find your way.
Speaker 5: But I work in that. I deal with guys who don't have a meet, who don't have stability.
Speaker 1: They got to release to homeless shelters and jobs that they qualify for but can't get them after serving it at the society, Like we need to really foster a culture of redemption, you know, if we really want public safety, if we really want communities to thrive and things of that nature. And I think the DISA Administration should lead with that on both fronts.
Speaker 5: And it need to happen.
Speaker 12: Like now we.
Speaker 3: Got more with Tony Lewis Senior and Tony Lewis Jr. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club morning, everybody, It's theej Envy Charlomagne, the God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club. Now.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we got a chance to chop it up with Tony Lewis Senior and Tony Lewis junior. I wasn't there. I'm out of the country. But Charlemagne and Jesse Larry's held it down.
Speaker 10: Charlamagne, mister Lewis Senior, how did you feel watching your son, your namesake, be out here fighting for you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 20: In that way, That's what kept me going, man, so much pride, so much joy. I get emotional, man, because it's hard for me. It's flamed. But me and my son, we talk about it all the time, so many different experiences guys coming in prison. Man, your son helped me get a job, but I messed up because I went back on drugs, but he helped me.
Speaker 12: Then at the end, I'm glad to get out next month. Can you can you hook me back up with him?
Speaker 20: I was like, Man, I'll give him your name, but he my son be remember these guys, man and Washington. I read your son's book and inspired me so much, you know, slug you know his book, slug Uh. Just a wonderful life god, you know, especially for us and now coming up in the same hood and the black community.
Speaker 12: But just so much inspiration. I'm so proud of him.
Speaker 20: And the top of it all, we're getting his dad free because he didn't help you get a lot of other people free.
Speaker 12: And I was like, son, they get me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, because a lot.
Speaker 20: Of things that he tried to legislation he tried to get changed or enacted. We was always looking at it thinking it was gonna help us. Like drug minus two that was.
Speaker 1: The first thing we said we got denied. I mean, the drugs minus two things was something was very you know, we.
Speaker 12: Was on the drug too.
Speaker 20: It was the legislation that, well, the finished Commission has an enactment saying that.
Speaker 12: All drugs you could get.
Speaker 20: You was then to put two point reduction no matter what the drugs was or what the mount was.
Speaker 5: Take him back to the eighty six mandatory medal.
Speaker 12: Yeah. So yeah, and everybody's benefits.
Speaker 20: So we put our most in it and said, oh you was fighting for that, son and the dad should get it.
Speaker 12: Put the mostion in. Just get it. They're not do not how oh you had too much crack cocaine? Too much? Y'all said all drugs minus too, no matter what.
Speaker 20: But for me, it was always some technicality that you know, even the first crack cocaine, it was two points minus too. That was separate from the two points minded drugs, but the crack one we got denied on that too.
Speaker 12: And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So it's been most things that you know and actually on look like the drugs minus two again, you know, shout out. You know that, the pushing yelp, We did it right. I spoke about that when I was up here five years ago. But even you know, for context for a lot of the list, like like, uh, you know a lot of people heard like big Meat, you got a reduction.
Speaker 5: That's what he got. Yeah, big on the two point reduction, he got two point you know what I'm saying. So something that we helped push through. Uh, you know, like Brittany.
Speaker 4: Got the.
Speaker 20: Turn as well because said, uh yeah, I got mes l A off the two maybe seven years office centers. Ye, that's sixth left you and uh, you know, but they denied me for the same thing.
Speaker 9: But why was you the only person still serving time?
Speaker 20: Were trying to figure out, you know, That's what we were trying to figure out. Why I was out only everybody was like every time I call home, call like tell.
Speaker 12: They let all your cody finish is gone? Why not only one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Why you only want.
Speaker 20: Like man I'm fighting, That's all I can say. I don't know why I'm the only one.
Speaker 9: Because they look at the.
Speaker 12: Well with him rayful edvan.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but you know what he did, so he was already set to come home whenever, no matter what. But uh, I had to fight. My son had to. If it don't be for my son, I'd be still languaghing in prison.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, when you watch the shows like The Snowfalls and the Being Because I heard you say earlier you don't want to glorify it.
Speaker 9: But how do you tell your story without glorifying? Glorifying?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 20: See, I tell the story, but then even in the middle, at the end, I say, I'm not glorifying what I'm saying, and I'm not.
Speaker 9: But it's the truth.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I gotta tell the truth, you know, good or bad. But still I'm not glorifying.
Speaker 20: If I had to do it all, if I had the opportunity to do it all different, I would do it different. I wouldn't sell druge, I wouldn't have broken the law. I would have tried to find another way.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna say that, you know, I'm gonna say this though all them up them them other stories, and I say, it's all difference of humility. But all them other stories ain't got to me. Yeah, that's that's the difference this Dike. It's like it's like, uh in this fiction. But what I'm saying, it's like I'm with Vido wanted Michael to become like I'm this.
Speaker 5: The godfather in real life. This if I took the family legit. You ain't got this in the other stories. And that's serious.
Speaker 1: Ain't not to mention, you know, I climbed the crooked ladder and sent back down the street one in my city. You know what I'm saying, You be hard pressed finding like this helped more people, more people from this circumstance. People when people in all through federal prison DC guys, they want to come home.
Speaker 5: I gotta see Tony Blut because he'll help me. And that's real, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 20: That's the part that day in prison when every time that somebody get ready to get up six months before they might ain't said nothing to me the whole.
Speaker 12: Time they've been in the unit.
Speaker 20: Ain't Tony, I been meaning to talk to you man with your son still having people get them jobs and said, yeah, still people, man my information?
Speaker 12: Can you I said, I'll see what I can do. But I said, I'm watching you act, and I tell.
Speaker 20: A lot of times, but I see how you moving here and then you come to me to try to get me to reference you to my son. But I've been seeing how you've been moving, and if you ain't moving the right way.
Speaker 12: I'm not doing.
Speaker 20: That's when name goes on everything that he does, when when he connected and trying to get people employed, men.
Speaker 12: Or housing or you know, or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 20: And I'm not putting no bad people when I've been watching you for the last year or two moving in here the way that you move, Nah, I can't do that.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be like the biggest thing for your daughters though, like seeing that day six and nine you said, seeing that, you know what I'm saying, just like their standards are gonna be so high for these black men. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: That's really really good.
Speaker 6: Like you could have, like I'm serious, you could have really went another way and crush with this, you know, But your daughters are gonna always king. They're gonna be a king, you know, to them the rest of their life, and they got granted.
Speaker 20: That baby sitting, them, going to school with them, going to gymnastics, practice, everything anything they want over here and I'm loving it.
Speaker 12: It's what I drinking about.
Speaker 10: They provide you with any resources like mental health resources for you know, to help you adjust.
Speaker 9: And I'm sure you got PTSD that you deal.
Speaker 20: You know, I can imagine it's like, you know, I know that the city has those things, but you you got to go and uh, you got to go and try to get them. It's not like how it should be that the minute you hit that look, just come on over here.
Speaker 1: Access to we want to gage the I been part of that ecosystem, help building that ecosystem.
Speaker 5: So we you know that I you know, designed it. You know, we had a joint with we Alre.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody you do break the local law, federal, you do go to the fairs in DC. We don't even have a halfway house now, so our halfway house is actually people go to balls them. So but what program I did out did with Ael the Bad Rocket. The program was one on one therapy. That's really you know, I want us to do family therapy. We've just been running around last six the first sixty days. But that's definitely a part of it right now. Absolute, I appreciate you know, all the push you've been doing for wellness and mental health. You know, it's brought up as a kid with a mom that dealt with mental health. And I'm the only like I said, the only child. I went through all that with my mother into this day, right. I understand the value that and to to destigmatize that for our community is so important. To make it accessible and affordable and and to make you not crazy. We all need I tell young as all the time. And you break your angle, you be hooping. If you break your angle, you could just go in the house and just lay on the bed and let that joint. Hell, now you want to the doctor. So we gotta look at mental health in that same way. So it's definitely something that we know is necessary. In the trauma that black men and women all across this country has experienced via in constration is something I think that's definitely something that we don't talk about it.
Speaker 9: Now, what's next for y'all? Man?
Speaker 1: And don't get taken movement, Anti conserration, anti violence movement, don't get taken. All the younger is out there exactly that you know, don't put yourself in a position where you get taken either from the community via criminal justice system or you know obviously the cemetery. Too much violence and kajack.
Speaker 20: You gotta put the guns down, young people. We got to put the guns down.
Speaker 5: Part what you always say, you can't tell them what was you?
Speaker 12: Was you? We can't, well, we can't.
Speaker 20: We can't ask them to put the guns down without picking up month and it got a good job or training or some type of more opportunity. And I always say this to our good mayor, Mayor Bowser and the DC City Council. Uh, we need more opportunities, young people, need more opportunities, more jobs, more more training.
Speaker 12: Uh, if we want to put the guns been in trouble.
Speaker 5: That's the other part.
Speaker 1: Just to the Burier piece and in DC and everywhere else. If people made a mistake, they paid their debt. We we cannot continue to hold them like put that a scarlet letter on him and they can't engage because then the cities or the counties or the towns whatever create these opportunities.
Speaker 5: But if you got a criminal record, you can't do it. That's that's that that who you think needed the most. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Appreciate you man, Hey, Tony Lewis Junior Tony Lewis and your Tony Man. I've always respected the work you're doing. Now I'm glad you got your father out here doing it with you.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 4: It's the club club owning everybody. It's J N V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Now I'm broadcasting out in a ruble shout to everybody out in the room. I'm about to catch my flight to head back. They do this, uh, this event each and every year. It's actually Sinbad's brother, you know, the brother Sindbad, his brother, the legends event every year. And now he continued on and he's doing it, and I asked him about Sinbad. He says, Simbad is doing well, that uh that he wants to come on the Breakfast Club. It has to be via zoom soon. So we can't wait to talk to the O G. Simbad.
Speaker 10: All right, yeah, send the Senate healing energy said legend the legend Sindbad.
Speaker 9: Always absolutely well.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the jest with the mess the ghetto.
Speaker 12: The report on the breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club, honey ghetto. Yes, it's ghetto up in here.
Speaker 4: Y'all know.
Speaker 6: I say that once some ghetto ish comes about. Nicki Minach and Young Miami get into Twitter beef over borrowed catch phrase. All right, yesterday Nikki had time. Young Miami posted to Twitter promoting her upcoming episode of Karesha Please feature in Somema Walka so that should be a good one, and the promotional message she said her and Summer got some things to get into. No, no, let me quote it right, got into some things. Because this is what Nikki got upset about. Nicki saw the tweet and was not feeling it because she claims that get into some things. It's her catchphrase that she's known for for using on Queen Radio. Right now, Young Miami clamp clap back and sold Nikki. Get into some things is a well known phrase used in the gay community.
Speaker 5: But Nikki was not buying it. Right now. This is annoying to me.
Speaker 9: Because why why just very annoying.
Speaker 6: Because nobody makes up words like nobody makes up words yo. And then honestly, it's like, all right, if you even did say that first, got into some things or get into some things what if somebody else said it that wasn't Young Miami, would it be said to them and then on the other in the other grants game of things. That's like Karesha and j T getting mad at somebody for saying period. They didn't make up the word period, They just made it cooler and more trendier to say to anything.
Speaker 10: I would say period is more of a staple then getting into some things. I've been hearing people say getting in some things forever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know why, I don't think that. While I don't think period is more of a.
Speaker 22: Popular catchphrase, I would say I don't think the gay community made that up, but I think that we do hear them say that a lot, get into some things or the tea or you know, I ain't have to do the man risms my bad joy.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to mimick y'all tea charlamage what they be doing.
Speaker 9: Getting into some things?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me ask you do y'all listen to have y'all heard Nicky showed it to see if that's what she does, because she might do it all the time, and that's like her thing.
Speaker 6: I've heard her say it. I don't even know she can say, get us some thanks, child. She do say that, but I guarantee you, I highly doubt that Krisha was really channeling, you know, or trying to trigger when she said, I you know, so it was NICKI serious.
Speaker 9: Well, she wasn't playing with this. This was a serious thing.
Speaker 6: I really I hope that she was playing, but I do think that she was serious. So young Miami. She just was like, bring me on Queen Radio, you know what I mean? And then Nicki s thought, you know, NICKI talks like she is. She typed sometimes like she writing a screenplay. Because to listen to this, she said, hits Diddy to advise him that a young lady on the show that appears on his network seems to have borrowed a very popular Queen Radio catchphrase, puff who is representing you these days?
Speaker 4: Child?
Speaker 6: I got my ass drafted in my head, be like, sometimes you gotta rehustle of slow because I think y'all you're already saying I can't read y'all. Needed sell Nikky to just make videos. Stop tweeting, girl, just make the video, because it's a lot of bagging for that she got going on.
Speaker 5: So she said, she called up Diddy no, she said.
Speaker 6: Diddy called her frantically, but she like didn't ask the phone, and like, you know, she like she put a little subliminals out there, and I think Karsha is like just trying to.
Speaker 5: Stay above it. But it's the picking. It's the picking.
Speaker 10: I know that would be a good ass Karisha please episode.
Speaker 6: Man, it would be great, and it would be a good queen radio show too.
Speaker 4: So I don't hear you.
Speaker 9: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I want them to do music. How about that period both of them do a record together, you know, period.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 6: Period, period, But I do like Karisha period.
Speaker 4: I do care about period.
Speaker 5: Okay, yo chill.
Speaker 4: So oh perfect example. Let's say somebody else started this show with.
Speaker 3: Yoyoo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 9: Yo yo yo. I did not invent that that flavor might get the credit for that. I got no way, all.
Speaker 6: Right, So moving on, uh Dania Jackson all right, So yes early we talked about her and her former husband, who was the form of relationship expert, Derek Jackson, and she was saying, yesterday we reported on the story that she was saying that she knew her body, she knew other women's bodies better than she knew her own because of her husband's cheating.
Speaker 5: And we have some audio for that.
Speaker 23: I knew several other women's bodies better than I knew my own. I went in such a deep hole where I was.
Speaker 4: Like studying these women.
Speaker 23: I would go to their profiles and I would study their pages, and like what they wear. I knew when they were meeting, when they had met up, so I watched the videos of them having sex. So I would try to imitate that and recreate that in our relationships, so that he could choose me and want me. And so I lost, completely lost myself, became a show of myself. I try to imitate their hair, their actions.
Speaker 6: You know, we can cut that out because we were said for her yesterday, were not said we want to laugh at you today me, I don't care, because we need to stop coddling women. You see, Evan, he said, stop coddling men. We need to stop coddling as a woman. We need to stop coddling these women. When they are they fall so deep in delusion and then they try to play it on, you know, faith in God. Oh no, my marriage. You're not supposed to You're supposed to work at you marriage. You're not supposed to walk away from your husband. God don't want us to be delusionally stupid either. We're not supposed to like, we're not supposed to devalue ourselves and minimize ourselves just to make somebody else feel good.
Speaker 4: But let me ask you a question. Just doesn't it seem like she has low self esteem?
Speaker 3: That and I don't know the relationship that it seems like he put her down so much that she wants to mimic what he likes. So when he when she sees him liking other women's, other women's hairstyles, the way other women dresses, she's so self esteem is so low that she wants to be what those other women are.
Speaker 5: That's I don't know what.
Speaker 6: It was like when he met her, but I'm telling you he the one that made her dress like little house on the prairie like she you know, and then he bringing all these nice girls with strip of bodies and she's sitting on the steps talking about please Lord, make it stop you talking to the wrong man.
Speaker 9: You know, where does she go from here? Jess from she and.
Speaker 6: She also said that she was crying, and she was saying, dear Holy Spirit, I hate his stinking guts. If you praying like that, ain't nothing going to ever happen, you know what I mean? I think I honestly, I feel like right now this man might have just made her a you know what he might have made Can I say that?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: Are you well? He might have made her?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 10: It's plain how she going from a little house on the prairie a little hole on the prairie now.
Speaker 6: Because think about everything that he made her, watch everything that she's seen.
Speaker 5: She could go out work that little box, you know what I mean. And she looked good on the interview. She probably so. She she finally took them thick glasses off. She took them. She had used to wear like two hats at a time, she.
Speaker 3: Took both of them off, you know. And with the long dresses, she look good. It reminds me of and you're laughing at because I just seen it on my way to room. But I've never seen Girls Trip, so I've seen it on my way here. But it reminds me of Jada picking and Girls Trip. How she is so this that and the other. And then she got down to New Orleans and just started busting it.
Speaker 10: So you're saying, the next prairie treat gonna be popping hunches. You know what I learned from all these situations.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't.
Speaker 10: You really can't judge your book by its couple. You shouldn't judge someone or something based only on what you see on the outside, or only on what you perceive without knowing the full situation. Because y'all don't know none of these souls on social media, but you think you do. And the folks you think are good are usually bad, and the folks who are who you think are bad are usually good.
Speaker 9: But y'all don't know the difference.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what it is too.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of times when people talk about that bad people make fun of them, they joke them, but people are actually trying to tell them the good, the bad, the ugly, everything that comes with the relationship. Because, like we say, no relationship is perfect. Everything happens like. There's not one person that can sit there and say, Charlamagne, you and your wife are always good, or you and just your man are always good.
Speaker 4: No things happen like and we have to discuss those things to make it normal.
Speaker 12: You're right, Yes, it's so right.
Speaker 9: Yes I don't want to, but but.
Speaker 5: I just don't want it to be dumb anymore.
Speaker 6: She's too beautiful for that. She's a beautiful black woman too. So it's the King out there for your girl. And that's just with the mess for.
Speaker 9: Today and her news is real allegedly.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Jess with the mess now, Charlamage, who giving that?
Speaker 9: Don q ah Man.
Speaker 10: I need the young brother Polo g that come to the front of the congressation. You need to have a word with him. It's a it's a teachable moment though. This is doing this with.
Speaker 3: Love, all right, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same, Junior. There's a new streaming service called Max with everything on HBO. Max including HBO, the DC Universe, Discovery and more. Max really has some of the best content. There's literally something for everyone in your household. Max the one to watch. Subscription required. Visit Max dot com.
Speaker 4: Don't be out here at like a donkey, he bitch, It's.
Speaker 9: Time for Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy.
Speaker 4: I could take it if you feel I deserve it. Ain't no big deal.
Speaker 3: I know, Charlomagne, godnat his mouth.
Speaker 9: You've got to say something you may not agree with.
Speaker 22: It doesn't mean I'm mean, who's getting that donky that donkey that don't.
Speaker 8: Don't don't dunk dunk donkey other day right here to the breakfast club.
Speaker 9: Bitch you you.
Speaker 1: Could call me the donkey of the day, But like I mean, no harm.
Speaker 10: Yes, donkey today for Thursday, May twenty fifth goes to the good brother Polo G.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you.
Speaker 10: Something, man, I got love for the young brother Polo G. I got mad love for Polo G's family, his mother's Station mac D. I want to cluse bombs for Station Mac. He's one of the best managers business women out here. I love what they do, I love what they building, and that's why I have to give Polo G the biggest he heart today, because I can't believe he would risk all that they've built for a bunch of people on social media who don't give a damn about him and would love to see him lose it all. Okay, not only am I disappointed, this is a teachable moment because Polo.
Speaker 9: G is one of the smart ones. Polo G. I don't need you to be smart, I need you to be wise. Okay, what are you talking about, Uncle Charla?
Speaker 10: Well, yesterday I came across a video on Double XL and it had the headline Polo G says he's the only rapper walking around with no security. Those have been famous last words for a lot of folks. Let's go to the Instagram for the report police.
Speaker 9: Bringing down the strip loans.
Speaker 5: I ain't locker though, glizzed throwing my help.
Speaker 3: I ain't lacking though my kids coming.
Speaker 13: I'm only rapping, you know, pop out no security my favorite?
Speaker 10: Oh God, maybe maybe play it one more time for people who couldn't understand him, Play it one more time?
Speaker 9: Bring down the strip loans.
Speaker 5: I ain't locker though, glizzed throwing my help.
Speaker 3: I ain't lacking though my kids coming.
Speaker 13: I'm only rap, you know, pop out no security my favorite?
Speaker 9: Polo G.
Speaker 10: Like I said, you wanted the smart ones. But I don't need you just to be smart. I need you to be wise. See, smart people learn from their own mistakes. Whise people learn from the mistakes of others.
Speaker 9: Polo G.
Speaker 10: We have seen enough rappers and enough people go on live post their location, show what they got, flashing money, flashing jewelry, some people dead, they're ops to pull up put a location on it, and then they do, and then they did. Okay, you have to learn from all those individuals, all right. The wolves already don't need a reason. My brother, we have seen too many rappers gunned down in la particularly, all right for you to be moving like this. You say you wasn't lacking okay, you said you got that Glizzy on your hip, young brother, You were lacking okay, you were lacking common sense because number one, you alerting the wolves that you were in the city with no security, and you alert in law enforcement that you got the Glizzy on the hip. Now, I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm an expert on California gun laws, but I did some research, and by research I mean Google, and from what I found out, generally, you may not carry a concealed firearm on your person in public unless you have a valid carry concealed weapon license and those licenses are only issued by a CALI on your county sheriff to residents of the county are the chief of police to residents of the city.
Speaker 9: Hey, Polo G. If you have one of those, more power to you.
Speaker 10: If you don't have one of those, then you're gonna end up in jail, and you're not gonna have nobody to blame for that but yourself because you went on Live and told people you got that Glizzy.
Speaker 9: On the hip.
Speaker 10: Okay, look, I understand Polo G is a rapper, so this isn't gonna hurt his brand or image in any way.
Speaker 9: But I don't care about his brand and image.
Speaker 10: Okay, I care about him, and I care about him potentially losing his freedom even worse his life because he wants to go on Instagram and tell people that he's walking around LA with all his jewelry on designer clothes and no security with a Gizzy on his hip allegedly that may or may not be legal.
Speaker 9: My brothers, my sisters, I'm gonna tell you what the.
Speaker 10: OGE forty told me many many, many many moons ago. Okay, I'm talking over twelve years. He said, when you're worth something, you protect it, simple as that. Nobody gets stripes.
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty three for saying you walking around with.
Speaker 10: No security, the richest, most powerful people on the planet all have security. Okay, every elected official have security for the most part.
Speaker 9: All right, people that could.
Speaker 10: Beat your ass like a Floyd Mayweather have security, So why don't you. Furthermore, even if you got your own firearm, why do you want to get your hands dirty? Higher an armed security guard who's licensed and trained and most importantly ensured so if something does go down, liability doesn't fall on you.
Speaker 9: Nobody talks about that liability part.
Speaker 10: Okay, the liability that comes with you potentially having to shoot someone. You are polo g So let's just say your gun is legal. You do shoot someone, you gotta pay your lawyer. You're probably still gonna get arrested because you're black, and you know when you're black, you're guilty and tell proven innocent. But what about if the person you shoot suit you higher security. One of the worst things our generation ever did was be the generation that called rappers who have security suckers. Okay, not only did our generation of rappers clown people for having security, we encourage them to still be in the streets.
Speaker 4: With no security.
Speaker 9: My god, what will we thinking? We said, so many of us up for failure.
Speaker 10: Okay, there was a quote from ice tea to triple og iced tea, and he said, people are still hitting me up about my comments about LA gang culture. If you notice LA rappers don't wear a lot of jewelry, Me Snoop Cube, Dre Game, Kendrick, The list goes on and on. It's not because we're broke. LA is just a dangerous place rapper or not? Why tests the streets? Polo G? And every other rapper that can hear my voice? I want you to ask yourself that question, Why am I testing the streets? Repeat after me, ask yourself again? Why am I testing the streets? In fact, stop testing the streets because the life you save maybe your own.
Speaker 9: Please give Polo G the biggest.
Speaker 10: He huh, all right, maybe this could all be employed.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 10: Maybe he wants people to try him because he got some undercover shooters and security and he wants to be tried, like you know, like that episode of Martin when his apartment got robbed and they.
Speaker 4: Said, bullets don't have no names, right, so you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but no, no, no, stop the streets. It's some women that need to stop testing the streets too, really, yeah the streets? Right, Yeah, let's just stop it. Everybody stay out the streets.
Speaker 3: I agree, all right, Well, thank you for that donkey today. B E T will see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Everybody else, I held the down.
Speaker 5: Peace be easy.
Speaker 3: You did right, everybody else. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you haven't relationships, problems or any problems, Jess will fix your mess.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. Just is gonna help you out. If you're having problems, relationship problems, if the things you just stop going right in your life. Who's the best person to ask Jess hilarious stuff.
Speaker 9: She's not an expert, but she asked some experience.
Speaker 5: So calling The number is eight hundred five eighty five. What's the last one?
Speaker 4: One O five one one five one.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Owing everybody is DJ Envy charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got Jess Hilarious here and it's time for just fix my mess.
Speaker 3: That's where opened up the phone lines, and if you need relationship advice and any type of advice, you can call Jess eight hundred five A five one five to one. Hello, who's this it's is ta hey, t what's your question for jess?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 15: Everybody, Good morning, Charlotte in the morning and jes So I'm calling because glowing up. My mother raised me that I have an older sister, and I felt like she always had a better bond with her. So as I grew older, I kind of resented her to resent her, and I didn't quote such a both relationship with her throughout college. And now that I have my own kids and I'm older, she still tried to recreate that mother daughter bond that I no longer desire, and I feel guilty. I feel bad about the situation because that is my mom at the end of the day. But I looked at it as I want to click how I grew up. I wanted to whipplet but into my kids. So I just wanted to know, like what I couldn't get a part and be to, you know, open up a little bit more than my mom at print here in the town, but could be more welcoming and just try to understand and you know, everything is not parents are not perfect, and she may have been going through things at my time of being born and things of that sort that I don't know made me feel the way that I feel. But I'm a Capricorn.
Speaker 1: If that anything, okay, it actually has nothing to do with anything that is literally how you how how.
Speaker 5: You felt growing up?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Do you have a different dad than your older sisters?
Speaker 15: You know that's funny just because we for all my life, I've known my dad to be the same dad. But actually recently here in my thirty years, he told me that he wasn't my dad. So I'm I'm dealing with dad. I'm trying to do a DNA test for him. He waited until I actually had my first son to tell me that he never thought that he was my dad. And he's the only person I know, so I'm I've got a lot of stuff going on. Yeah, So that kind of tied into it as well, because I don't know what my hand and my dad has going on there.
Speaker 14: But right now.
Speaker 15: I don't even know, to be honest with you, But that's another.
Speaker 6: Question, right right, I think we should start with your mom first. I mean, because if he will wait, if he could just wait this long to tell you that you know, after you have your child, that he's not your real father. Now, some people think that it's okay to notice it's good to notice, and it's not good to know. I mean, you never know. You don't want a kid to fill without a parent. So some people keep that type of information from their children all their lives. But I do think that every child has a right to know who their biological father and mother is because it's certain things that you may get from your biological dad that you don't see and the person who says they're your dad, you know what I mean. So you want to know where you come from and and your blood line and all of that.
Speaker 5: I think you should sit down with your mom and you.
Speaker 6: Should try to figure out where she was, try to understand where she was mentally. She could have been messed up like you just said, but that's how you go, that's how you would get to the bottom of it. In my opinion, I don't have this issue, but just from experience in helping other people, I think you don't. Don't come at her kind of try to make it a safe space for her to tell you what she was going through and allow her to kind of be able to be sorry about it.
Speaker 5: You know, has she ever told you she was sorry?
Speaker 15: Not for those particular words, She just no Like some the words. She just felt like She's always told me that she felt like she's tried to see a part of my life, and I've shown that didn't. But it's because that I've always felt, you know, she showed favoritism toward our other sisters.
Speaker 14: I honestly feel like I was.
Speaker 15: You know, have people getting back together with their exes, then they try to have a kid and think that their child is going to make their relationship better. I was kind of like wanted. I feel like I was one of those children because I have a sister older than me that he had outside of my mom and their marriage, and then he went back to the same lady and had two younger kids, yeah, with her. So I kind of in between the process, I kind of feel like I was one of the children in that, well, let's try to have a baby seat, we can mend that relationship, and it didn't work out.
Speaker 6: You know, so you find so you feel like you just always caught the short end of the stick. And I do understand, but you don't want to hinder your kids from a grandmother because she's not the same.
Speaker 5: She may not be the same person that she was when she was raising.
Speaker 6: Your now and she could want possibly to make that up, you know, to you through them, you know, being the best grandmother she can be. So don't take that away from them. But y'all need therapy. But you it starts off with you just going to your mother.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Sometimes we as kids have to be the bigger person. I appreciate it, no problem.
Speaker 1: I love you. Get get it together with her, you know.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you, Jess.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne. Did just care because you said she never cares? She can on that she did. She did in that moment.
Speaker 9: She did.
Speaker 10: I can tell when just actually cared and when she fake care and she was really caring.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when she get in mama mode.
Speaker 4: She care.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all right, eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. Just with the mess If you're having problems with your life relationship, just is here to fiction your messages.
Speaker 9: The Breakfast Luble Morning.
Speaker 3: Owning Everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne to God were the Breakfast Club. Jess Hilarious is here, how co hosts and it's time for just fix my mess Hello.
Speaker 14: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Good morning, y'all?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hey, good morning. What's your question for Jess.
Speaker 24: First off, good morning, Jes, Jes morning. So my problem is, well it's it's really not a problem. It is a mess. I'm not gonna lie. I can never get pad the talking stage. Like guys will be in the DM, they'll stop me and then I finally give them a chance. We got to eat, go on a date a couple of days, and then we're just going up and go to.
Speaker 5: Each other and this is this is more than one person.
Speaker 24: Well yeah, I got a couple of rotations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, and all of them I've done the same thing.
Speaker 24: When not all the ones that sit around using the ones that I really don't want.
Speaker 4: To talk to.
Speaker 24: Okay, so you just tail, they just disappear and it's not like after sec or anything like that.
Speaker 6: But so just listen, So listen to what you just said. You said, h I said, does that happen with everybody? You said, No, it don't happen to everybody. The ones that chase me, yeah, but not the ones that I really want to talk to. You ain't talking to the ones that want to chase you. So bye, that's what they're saying. They spending money on you. You're getting wanted to dine.
Speaker 5: They chasing you. I know, I know you.
Speaker 4: You like to be chased.
Speaker 6: You don't like to be caught though, you know you don't want to be caught by the ones that's chasing you. You like the Do you probably like the ones that ain't chasing you? You like you like you probably chasing somebody while they chasing you? Is that true?
Speaker 15: No, it's just like the other way around.
Speaker 21: Though.
Speaker 5: You want to know why you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 13: No, I do you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: You ghost people?
Speaker 24: Yeah, because we don't never get past that talking face like nothing, It doesn't go further.
Speaker 5: Well, what do you want?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 15: That's why I need you to six my mad I can't.
Speaker 9: She ain't telling you everything?
Speaker 5: No, is she not?
Speaker 6: Because she she talking about why we don't never give it. But you got a roster?
Speaker 5: What the hell?
Speaker 1: Who you pick one? Tivy three or four? Which one you want?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Look we'll call up next week when you find out.
Speaker 4: Girl. Is she sleeping?
Speaker 9: She sleeping with those guys?
Speaker 6: Just you know what, the ones that's chasing her, She not sleeping with them. But they the one doing the most, They the ones doing the most. Farr she chasing the ones.
Speaker 3: That's just now, you know, so we got time for another caller, fresh ASTs, What's what's up?
Speaker 5: What's that baby?
Speaker 4: How you doing? Rush your question for Jess?
Speaker 5: I'm good, awesome, So all right, so I'm gonna get right to it.
Speaker 14: How do I prove to my girl that I ain't sawt She don't like a little little dude. But I'm trying to tell her like, I'm not like that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's what she's trying to tell you, that you're not like that is what it sounds like.
Speaker 5: She thought she told you you're.
Speaker 14: Not like Are you sure I'm positive?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 14: All right, I'll give you context. So she's she's a Mexican and in her culture, men are real, like they got they call it machismo or whatever, but they they act, they insert themselves in certain ways that in my culture you get.
Speaker 11: You'll get whooped, you know, straight up.
Speaker 14: So like, I know, like growing up, I had to fight all the time. I didn't lose a lot of fights, so I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't like to fight down because I know you can go to jail for that.
Speaker 9: Yeah you know what your hands can do? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, So like I be trying to tell her like, bro, I'm not sure right, he's playing with me some toms and like man like, it ain't no way you can. I can prove to her like it's a good look.
Speaker 5: Look it's a woman.
Speaker 6: Tell her go mess with the baby for like six months, and I bet she'd be right back.
Speaker 5: And you test, you tested the wrong nigga gangster, You're gonna get it.
Speaker 13: So look what the other thing?
Speaker 14: She got a brother, you know what I'm saying, And I'll be trying to tell her like bro, I'm only gonna tell him one.
Speaker 11: And if you don't get it, I'm assuming no, because I'm gonna.
Speaker 14: Get start throwing him and then I would hate to.
Speaker 11: Break up the family dynamic for him and Mexican and they're really close. But if I beat up her brother, you don't really understand. But I'm really not the one.
Speaker 5: You beat up my brother, Holmes, it's gonna get crazy.
Speaker 4: You better not beat up the Mexican boy.
Speaker 6: You better not beat up that Mexican boy. God, but now tell your girlfriend set her hands down somewhere and that and should be all right, that's.
Speaker 3: All all right, Well that is just fixed my mess. I don't know to fix anybody's mess today, jest.
Speaker 1: I fixed the first girl's message mess. The girl in the middle shadin't even know what the hell she was.
Speaker 4: Calling me for.
Speaker 9: That was some good advice to that young man too. You run up on that Mexican if you want to, you're gonna get your ass.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you.
Speaker 9: You fight what you fight a Mexican.
Speaker 10: You're gonna be fighting all day and you're probably gonna get jumped.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 9: Okay, yes, so no, well listen. Make sure y'all subscribe to Just Hilarious podcast.
Speaker 5: Why I don't know why.
Speaker 9: The mic sound like that?
Speaker 10: Sood I like you the rest, It's fine, Okay, Yes, we'll make sure you subscribe to Jess podcast Carefully Reckless on the Black Effect.
Speaker 9: iHeart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 10: She does just fix my Mess every week, and to just fix my mess from this week is insane.
Speaker 5: Yes it is.
Speaker 6: And also I want you all to know the just fix my Mess on Breakfast Club is different from the just fix My Mess on Carefully Reckless, and it's different stories, so you want to catch both?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, and when we come back, we got, of course, the rumor report, so don't move.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast Club the Morning.
Speaker 12: The breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Owning everybody you Steeve, Envy, Charlamagne, thea Goud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Let's let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 9: Yet this is the room of report on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Honey, get.
Speaker 6: Jonathan Major's and Meghan good hit red lips to dinner date with a family. He shut up, observed he took her the red lips, and that's why he took it. I think he wouldn't have took none of the white woman. Now while he went and then brought us some walm Off flowers.
Speaker 5: Listen, he's serious.
Speaker 6: I don't know if this for the public now, because it's like he ever since this came out, was like he been dressing real civil rights activity.
Speaker 9: He always he was. He been doing that though with that hat.
Speaker 4: That is that hat that does it?
Speaker 6: It's like he yeah, it's the hat, but it's the button up to the button up looked like the wallpaper from like roots ship.
Speaker 9: Now that's right.
Speaker 10: It's like everything everything Jonathan Wade looks like it would look better than black and white.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm saying, yes, that's why I look better in the sixty that's what you say.
Speaker 4: It look better in the sixties.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh my god. But yep, they he took her and the family to Red Lobster. Now, I think that that's just like some low key stuff. I think, you know, they because we've seen him getting off of jet and all of that, so it ain't it ain't. I think you just want to be low key, but you don't go to be low key at Red Lobster because that's where all the that's like the low key spot, not that I know, but that's that's where that's where they go.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: Like I don't know when these pictures were taken, but what if it was Mother's Day weekend, because you know Mother's Day weekend, Easter weekend, Red Lobster be jumping jumping.
Speaker 4: I don't know, But what's the last time you've been a Red Lobster. Let's be real, what's the last time you've been a Red Lobster.
Speaker 6: I think I was like twelve thirty one.
Speaker 9: I like Red.
Speaker 6: I liked it when I was younger, But when you grow up and you you yo, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: What you're saying, it's like not good.
Speaker 9: Yes, that is true.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's and then I'm from Baltimore, so we we don't do red Lobster seafood. We made real seafood. Yeah, we got real seafood. So yeah, Jnathan that we could have did better than that for her. But but look at what she went she had on, you know, the she had on leggings and a ball cap and all that, so you know it could have been just on some let me just go here real quick, real quick.
Speaker 9: You know, yeah, I could never.
Speaker 10: I could never deffecate on Red Lobster all the way because Red Lobster has shown us some good times.
Speaker 9: That's Shrimpposta with them biscuits, Lord having biscuits.
Speaker 4: Unlimited biscuits too. Oh yeah, what that's nice.
Speaker 5: Samuel L.
Speaker 6: Jackson doesn't remember how he got engaged because he was going drugs at the time.
Speaker 5: Please play this audio from the show that.
Speaker 17: You have been married forty two years but been together.
Speaker 5: Over fifty years.
Speaker 23: Yeah, so, like I heard, the proposal was, how did it happen?
Speaker 21: My story was I came home one day and she already had these invitations printed up, and she gave me a stack and said be here. She said, no, that's not what happened. I actually had to go and talk to her grandfather because he told her he wanted to walk it down the aisle before she died, and her living in saying with this, So I went and asked him for her hand or whatever. And that's probably what happened, because I was on drugs and I don't know what the hell was going on in my life, so she's probably right.
Speaker 6: Hey, Yo, that's funny. I do believe that though. I mean, we think we're doing something nowadays with the drugs. The only thing is only difference is is publicized. Everybody got phones out now, but they was getting big high back in the.
Speaker 9: As is more gmo. They had that raw stuff, that good stuff fresh off the boat stuff.
Speaker 4: But they wasn't They wasn't dying like they are now.
Speaker 5: Back in the day.
Speaker 4: Huh, they was dying. There's a lot of artists O d in and a lot of actors.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but the cocaine was pulling back then.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is not as like it wasn't a lot of deaths resulting in odin, was it?
Speaker 9: And like a lot of they had their overdoses back then. But I get what you're saying.
Speaker 10: Because fitting all and everything nowadays they got fitting alls in Poland nowadays.
Speaker 5: Right right, people, Yeah, it's then where in Poland?
Speaker 6: Oh, Lord Jesus, all right, Lord Dirk clears Asian Doll's name in King Vaughan's death. This is something I think should have been done.
Speaker 4: But here's audio, and I'm speaking for the whole Chicago.
Speaker 1: You ain't there, sure, Cook, you went there, so you made a dish and saying something about Vaughn.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 5: That's why I owned it. Just happened.
Speaker 1: What happened like, it didn't have none to do with Asian none of that.
Speaker 9: Just put the floor.
Speaker 5: Vaughn put the floor in Maywell on the mall and that happened, all right, So just the badstory.
Speaker 6: Rest in peace of King von But when he had died, Asian Doll has sparked some speculation of her own when she tweeted Vaughan's last words, insinuating that his friends were responsible for his death, and then people started, you know, coming at her like she had something to do with it, and you know, you know, just speculating, you know, And I think with Dirk knowing that it wasn't absolutely at the top his priority listed clearing nobody name his man's it just died, you know, and got killed. But I think it could have been done because people was really going in on that girl. And that also brings like light to how and PM b Rock's death. How they all just jumped on his girlfriend and said that she was responsible because she had posted this and then it came up. She didn't even have nothing to do with that, Like she didn't put.
Speaker 9: Why do people think it's the only name agent had something to do with it? Because I thought, I.
Speaker 6: Have no idea that's what that's what it was. But I have no idea that's the that's.
Speaker 1: Just the the the bs of social media, that's what it is.
Speaker 6: But they were in her comments. They were definitely coming out real hard. And I do salute little Dirk for doing it. That was really nice. I'm glad and I'm glad that that made her feel better too, because she did thank him for doing that.
Speaker 10: And you know when you play video from from shows, you have to cite your sources. Just what what that was? That WASDJ Academics, the.
Speaker 6: Little intern, little fat boy in turn that ain't please whatever say a little broke Hans look offset shows love to call The couple has made headlines several times during their relationship, between cheating scandals and Cardi B filing for divorce and all that. But I think they've come a long way and they I really do see, like really a lot of positivity because he actually just came out and said that Cardi B actually is the one that got him off lean like she stopped him from doing drugs pretty much, and positive influence, you know, and a couple of years back, I think he admitted, no, not a couple of years back, like yeah, like two years back he did. He also said that she makes made him a better father too, you know. So I actually I love how he ups his wife and I love how she is that for him, you know, because you never know, you never know. People definitely can change, and I and I want people to stop saying, oh once he always cheaten, che like people really can hey the same the saint, the saint for you.
Speaker 5: To say nothing, all right, y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm just.
Speaker 6: Y'all have to give people room and time to grow. Man, everybody talk that talk, yes, like everybody is not going to stay the same forever. So I need y'all want y'all want all types of mercy and grace when y'all changing.
Speaker 5: Give it to other people.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: And I also want to say I want to say this to with Cardi. And you know how they always say that a woman makes you better, A strong Black woman.
Speaker 9: Makes you better.
Speaker 3: They know their relationship and the one thing I would say, Cardy Carty is a great mom. If you follow on Cardi, you could talk about everything that Cardi does.
Speaker 4: She's a rap of her past.
Speaker 3: But when it comes to them kids and babies, and not just her babies, his babies too. Cardi is out there cooking, she's out there cleaning with them kids. She takes them kids to the park, she takes some kids around to the stores. Cardi be out with them kids. So I want a salute Cardis. She's out the Cardias.
Speaker 10: It's amazing how we have all these conversations about us. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. And then we always want to not give people grace when it comes to how they.
Speaker 4: Used to be.
Speaker 9: It's not about how you start, it's about how you finish.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 10: Your bed look crazy from the side. Just now, I saw you put that fresh paint job on.
Speaker 4: For really miss you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ain't no pain, don't do that, thank you, Jess.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is just with the mess. I hate you, yo, her news is real allegedly. All right, up next, we got the People's Choice, make it, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. My plan for Verizon gives you control over your phone plan to celebrate, but giving you control over an aspect.
Speaker 4: Of our show.
Speaker 3: That's right, So check out our socials to see how to get on this control. You want to control the show this Friday, we'll tell you how. So tune in Friday to hear the outcome. Owning everybody in Steve j Envy, charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club. Just hilarious. Of course, our co hosts want to salute to you, Jess, for holding it down.
Speaker 5: This morning all day. It smells even smell good in here.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying I staged it, so y'all technically ain't even here.
Speaker 9: Jesus, that is very true.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, well tell.
Speaker 6: Them I will be in East Providence, Rhode Island this weekend at Comedy Connection. We got two shows on Friday and two shows on Saturday. Get your tickets. They are literally almost soda. I keep telling them, get your tickets. The only show that still has about fifteen or sixteen tickets left is the early show on Friday, So get your tickets.
Speaker 5: Get your tickets. We'll get the last sixteen and I will not be doing.
Speaker 4: Meet and greet.
Speaker 6: I'm soorty, I'm sorty, but get your tickets. Show just the artest special dot com. I see you East Providence.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: And also got to remind you guys, my call show is this weekend in Memphis. And if you got scammed out of tickets, I know there was a scammer on event bright that was selling fake tickets. We shut the site down and event Bright sent everybody back their money. So if for any reason you need tickets because something was sold out, like the VIP has sold out and all that, just hit my assistant Mercedes and show them that letter and we'll get you right.
Speaker 4: All right when we come back. We got the positive Notice the Breakfast Club. Morning morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ NV charlamagneaud We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time to get up out of here. Charla Man, You've got a positive dope, I do.
Speaker 10: I want to salute a young lady named Sidney though. I met Sidney yesterday and she ran down on me and she said she wanted to call up and reach through the phone and choke.
Speaker 9: You, Envy because of the way you was talking to Ebony K.
Speaker 4: Brown.
Speaker 5: Okay, K Brown.
Speaker 10: Exactly, but that's what Cidy say and I didn't correct her.
Speaker 9: She was talking about Ebony K.
Speaker 10: William but she said I wanted to choke Envy for what he said that Ebony K.
Speaker 4: Brown.
Speaker 10: Okay, So salute the Sydney Breakfast club listener's got a different level of passion.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, man, absolutely. I was in the airport yesterday.
Speaker 3: I told you I ran into uh the the bus driver from the Bronx that always calls it. And it's funny because she was the complete opposite. She gave me a hug and she was like, thank you for standing up for us bus drivers, which is crazy.
Speaker 9: That's the game.
Speaker 10: But that's you having a If you have a point of view, some people are going to agree, some people are not going to agree.
Speaker 9: Some people don't even care.
Speaker 4: And that's life is what it is.
Speaker 6: Look real quick though, So June tenth, the biggest show of the year at the d m V and d C though MGM National I'm but get your tickets Ticketmaster dot com. I'm going to be there as always the biggest show of the year when I do DC or Baltimore because they love me so much.
Speaker 5: So get your tickets.
Speaker 6: Like I said, either my website just a lais official dot com or www dot don'tbody even use the ws no more, ticket master dot com.
Speaker 5: Get your tickets. I see you June tenth, d.
Speaker 9: C, Joe tenth and d C. You see what I'm doing on Joe tenth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please don't lie.
Speaker 6: Don't give my hopes up, Like, don't do that what I'm doing Joe tenth All right? Cool because Simon all of them said they was coming already, so don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and rid Addie definitely Adie. You know he is gonna bring his wife you.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, all right, I have.
Speaker 5: A family show. So yeah.
Speaker 10: The positive note is this man, make peace with the fact that people hold different versions of you in their mind.
Speaker 9: Ultimately, who you know yourself to be is what matters.
Speaker 4: The most breakfast club pitch is do y'all finish or y'all done?