Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Raw Dog by Jamie Loft trend in in stores. Now go get your copy. Yeah, I have never seen someone's voice so clearly. Just translate. You will read this and feel like you are listening to the best Jamie loftis podcast. It's so good. Yeah, so excited for everybody to read it. And it is in bookstores. Now go check it out. Please call raw Dog, which is cool, so you can put it on your bookshelves. It's like a beautiful book, so to look good on your bookshelves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it reads, I mean yeah, I've I've man. Get your hands on it. Go support local bookstores and support the god Jamie loftis all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm Jack. That's miles. Yeah. These are some of the things that are trending. The Oathkeeper founder was sentenced to eighteen years in prison for the January sixth seditious conspiracy case. Yeah yeah. The judge was not having it. Was not a fan of this of this guy.
Speaker 2: Oh didn't like that. I mean if right before he was sentenced he was just saying shit like I'm a political prisoner. I feel like I'm the lead character in Kafka's the trial.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yeah, I bet you do. The judge said, you, sir, present an ongoing threat and peril to this country and to the Republican, to the very fabric of this democracy. Then they pointed out that he had said they won't fear us until we come with rifles in our hands before the attacks, and then after the attacks said his only regret was you should have brought rifles. Yeah, and then he said you are not a political prisoner, mister Rhodes. So the judge was just not having it at all.
Speaker 2: His ex wife commented and was like, yeah, it's really really rich that he brings up Kafka because he never fucking read kaf gut have this on his bookshelf for Faki's okay?
Speaker 1: Is that the Squid in the Whale where the kid says, Cofka, it's very Uh, He's like talking about a Kafka book and he says it's very Kafka. Askue, shit, crack me up?
Speaker 2: What is Also? That's what the fuck? There's a movie. It's not Congo. It's something where this guy's like this is Kafka ask and like this interrogators.
Speaker 1: Like who is cough? Co forget you said, it's not Congo. I thought it was Congo, the movie with the Killer Apes. I thought, because I believe that was supposed to be the follow up to Jurassic Park. Man. Yeah, what a disappointment.
Speaker 2: I know, I know the boys.
Speaker 1: I thought I was so smart when I was reading those Crichton books when I was like twelve. Yeah, oh you think Jurassic Park is good? You gotta sphere, dude, sphear is the for the real heads.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Amy want rain drop drink. It's so funny because that movie had like pop tents in it for the first time in media, like those tents you can just throw out like yeah, And I was like, holy shit. And I remember like my dad knew somebody would want and he borrowed it, and we camped in my backyard because like I want to sleep in a pop tent like out in the wilderness. We did my backyard and like you know, jack kids first camp out in the backyard. It doesn't go the whole time. I gave up on that ship around two AM. I was like, the inside, now, I don't like this.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we actually just bought a tent from our neighbor's garage sale. And there's been a lot of pressure to do a backyard camping night, and I'm just like, I have to put this thing up and then you guys are gonna you're gonna hate, You're gonna bail five seconds. I think the first thing I need, though, is I need to get like one of those portable little fire pit thing. Yeah, yeah, because it's not a it's not a backyard camping aboutmores evening without small even though I don't likesmores. Yeah, yeah, there's there's I think they're slightly overrated. They just like don't hold together. No, because also like you.
Speaker 2: End up fucking charring the fuck out of the out and I know people have like techniques. I'm sorry, I'm usually I'm just not patient with something like that. I'm like, yeah, put in the fire. It's fucked up. The middle is still hard, and I'll pretend that this is why we're having fun. Anyway, we digress.
Speaker 1: What else is journey the uh So the other night when we were supposed to do it, I was just like, I'll roast the marshmallows over the burner on the stove and that that ship just goes up in flames immediately. So yeah, you gotta gotta be careful, but I do have a pretty good technique when it comes to a campfire not to prag elon musk. In addition to uh killing it on the political campaign launching front, the man is good at launching things, it would seem. Yeah, he was caught on camera. People are like, is he on ecstasy? Because that like some club in Mexico dancing, I guess is what you would call it. With his head, but this is he just looks like a wounded bear to me, oh slash, like an older man doing like you know when you see old people doing like uh like exercises in the pool.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, oh god. It looks like when like I was drunk and taking a piss publicly. He just got your hands like locked behind your head and he's like, wat's.
Speaker 1: This, I'm pissing everywhere? That's what its like.
Speaker 2: That dance move is yeah, oh man, that is fucking real, real sad. Why can't someone just like shove him over? Yeah, if you seem in public, I'm sorry, you're obligated to be like, Bro, you're a fucking herb. Get the fuck out of here. But again, people are like, but.
Speaker 1: All these people around him are just like, yeah, man, it's going down. It's Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: They're like, go stink fuck it up, go stink fuck it up.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck. But they're also like all dancing, and then he's just this.
Speaker 2: Ship, like as if he's on the soul train line and he's the center of it, like as if he's like, oh, here I come with this move. And it's not even on deep for somebody who likes drugs as much as he does and likes music as much as he seems to he, you really don't get that.
Speaker 1: Impression from this. Yeah, he seems to be half asleep anyways. Elon Musk not cool. It turns out, Yeah, majority of Californians believe Fine Steein is not fit to serve. A poll has found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fi looks. I mean, come on, We've been saying this for like years now. The second she was like, thank you Lindsey Graham for helping me confirm Brett Kavanaugh, I was like, Okay, it's over, guys. What was all that do?
Speaker 1: The like referee when somebody has been like punched out but still on their hand, like the t k O where you just let stand up between them and.
Speaker 2: The no, and you just hold them. You hold them because you don't. Don't think it's over. It's over. Yeahs, don't worry, don't don't let Chuck Schumer bully you into coming back to confirmed judges, because this is the fucked game we have where it's like, well, just the way to send it is we need the oldest ghouls here. It will sweet lose.
Speaker 1: That is such an intimate moment between the boxing referee and the person who's just gotten knocked out. You're right, all right, Hey, okay, hey man, if you've been knocked the funk out but you're still on your feet, It's like if he gave him a little kiss right there, it wouldn't seem out out of the ordinary, like yeah, the boxer would be mad, probably.
Speaker 2: Like no, honey, okay, okay, you're right.
Speaker 1: You're a baby. You're right.
Speaker 2: That's like me when I pick up my baby, like when he's crying, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah it is. It's a little bit like what's wrong?
Speaker 2: What's wrong? I know?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I got you. I know I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: Don't I got any rights?
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what I got?
Speaker 3: Yea?
Speaker 1: And then the Boxer immediately is like, what.
Speaker 2: Would you do? I was, wait, fine, I got rights, they got the right to be knocked out. Uh.
Speaker 1: Movie Past is still coming back, dying, coming back, dying, the resputant of apps. Yeah, so the resurrected I shouldn't say the a resurrected Movie Past launches today. This is, you know, one of many iterations launches today with four plans and a vague unlimited promise that you know, we've been burned before, Miles.
Speaker 2: Right, but it didn't happen again. I need to know that you have an absolutely backwards, upside down business model for me to say, I want it on this and watch I want to bleed the company by being a member. But yeah, they say, what's wild is they? All of these plans are available except guess which two consequential markets for film you cannot use movie pass at the moment with markets, Jack, what are the.
Speaker 1: Two biggest market New York in LA?
Speaker 2: Yes, you cannot use them in NYC and Southern California. Yeah, alright, and it's like a very confoluted credit system.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's just a credit card.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, Okay, So I'm sorry, LA and New York or Southern calfn New York have completely different plans. I think that's what it is. You can get this weird unlimited plan other but anyway, it's so fucking hard to understand if you can decipher the credit system, let us know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And finally a ride share app for us miles. You know how we were always talking on the show in private about how we just wish that ride share like our ride share drivers had guns, Yeah, loaded weapons on them. Yeah you know that that always makes feel safer. Yeah, yeah, No, there's a new ride sharing app called black Wolf. It is like Uber, but with drivers who carry guns. Feels like it's for who mega Probably Oh, it's for people who have completely who are like terminally on next door or like neighbor type apps where everything that they live in a fucking war zone. Because I'm like, wait, what in their in their marketing though in a Facebook post they did. What they did was show like a fucking potential child abduction right as to why you should use them.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Again, this is for people who I think this is a very There is a mindset that people like, well, everyone should just have guns, right, So I guess this is for you, but I don't know. You know, right now, I think it's only available in a couple of places, Like I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's only available in New York and Atlanta. So it feels like it was made by people who watch Fox News but don't live in New York or Atlanta. So they just like see the stories about how like the urban decay and everything's falling apart and it's so scary in these cities, but like don't recognize that, Like people who live in the cities are just like guns are bad. Yeah, it seems I don't want to fucking I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be like, hey, man, can I get the OX cable? And next thing I know, I got a fucking gun in my face. Right, Yeah, you better.
Speaker 1: Not be playing no rap man. Oh fuck. The thing we keep seeing is like drivers just shooting at each other if they get a little bit annoyed or because somebody steps into their car and they're like a because a teenage cheerleader gets in their car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is going to end fucking terribly.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Anyone who actually necessitates armed security they already have it.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're probably no. So so this is this must be for? Like who's it for?
Speaker 2: Like who like Wanta bees, who are like I own a construction company and I'm a big dick, so I like to look like I have goons with me or some type.
Speaker 1: Shit teenage like drug dealers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like if this is in La, like all these Brentwood kids who like are wanting to be drug dealers would be like, yeah, it was pulled up with the fucking arm driver. Bro. Yeah, come outside, dude, I got some I got three hundred Xanax bars I stole from my mom's prescription. Bro, come outside.
Speaker 1: Hey it's Skyler. Yeah you got me Okay, cool, and just wanted to make sure you have that that thing on you.
Speaker 2: That's not what I would say. I'm saying professional security, professional all right.
Speaker 1: We're just going down the street to my friend Todd's house. Yeah. Cool, But dude, he.
Speaker 2: Like fucking he shorted me like on this boat of like Molly and so like if shit goes left, dude, I need you to I need you to let that thing sing. You know what I mean what I'm talking wet T shirt contest. Bro, Like wet this dude.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's official. Spotify has come out with a list that is just irrefutably perfect. Yeah, there's no outcast, not a single outcast.
Speaker 2: There's not a sing I didn't even bother to even check if the whole thing is so infuriating me, I to me, no de la soul, no beastie boys like those like it's it just seems like it's somebody who like just heard about rap music. Yeah, and is rich boys throw some ds is number sixteen on this list above Flavor in Your Ear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, this is not right. They've got two Riza beats on here. I think on the whole top fifty.
Speaker 2: They don't have Triumph by Wu Tang Clan.
Speaker 1: On he they don't have Triumph? What is going on?
Speaker 2: Has the world gone fucking mad?
Speaker 1: I have his Cream and Liquid Swords, which Liquid Swords isn't even the best beat on that album.
Speaker 4: I don't think, like wow, okay, I would say, ye, look, I mean I don't mind liquid Swords being there because obviously we evoke it all the time, because that's a minimum and feminine like sandals.
Speaker 2: Okay, but like, yeah, it's a very it's like someone doesn't know who the seminal producers of hip hop are because it's not it's not they're not represented here, Like I need to see like Old Boy. I would even put Old Boy by Cameron. That's better than fucking throw some DS on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mean the things that they also didn't have, notorious Thugs, which.
Speaker 2: Dangerous. I know, that's.
Speaker 1: Things I got there, Like if you're only going to pull one Kendrick beat, that all they did was one Kendrick, which seems like an oversight, but Mad City, I don't mind that. I don't mind that beating the Kendrick beat. The fact that there's only one Kendrick song on here and it comes in at forty three is a little crazy right back, that ass up also missing?
Speaker 2: That's like a fuck it, Like those are things that you can play, just like here's the thing a litmus test is for other beats. Does the intro make people want to rip their heads off like in a dance setting, Yeah, because when you hear boom boom boom boom, like people are like, oh yeah, I know what time it is, time to throw it all around.
Speaker 1: But so their top five is still dre which that that does pass the test you just described yea shook One's part two passes the test, and like it is just the most wrapped over beat of all time. Yeah, grinding the clips Who Shot You by a notorious b I G. Would that be your biggie beat that you would put for.
Speaker 2: The top four?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Again, this is why I'm like, who made this? What's your background? Like I need to see your hip hop bona fides because this is this is wild to me. Like, yeah, I mean Who Shots You is obviously a seminal track, but there's so many good beats on Life After Death even yeah.
Speaker 3: That I don't know even it is kind of number yeah, oh, there's so many great tracks.
Speaker 2: And that's like, a that's a posthumous biggie.
Speaker 1: Track there first and only Kanye is Power, which like that that doesn't like the beat from that isn't even the thing the star of that. That's the kind of kind of the thing with like they only have one Tupac and it's ambitions as a rider, which right, ambition, ambitions as a right we will get to the moon because we have ambitions as a ride.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, I mean like I feel like they're glossing over like New York Golden era. There's there's that should be represented way more. But again, this might be my old head ship coming in. But like there's even like New Migos ship that I think could get into the top fifty. But Outcast isn't on there.
Speaker 1: There's not enough at Jill. Yeah, yeah, a Razor crane, that is what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: There, fucking erasure. The band has a track on here, Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 1: They also don't have a sugar Hill Gang, which feels like it needs to be on here.
Speaker 2: I mean that is that's seminal, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And feminine like Sandals. Its seminal and feminine like sandals. Oh yeah, like yellow be a Bodak yellow a great choice. The only new songs they have on here are like mask Off, which that did kind of kick off the flute thing and like it's it works. But then they have this other like the B side from mask Off March Madness, like those yeah, those are two songs that Future performed on like the same SNL like live set, right, It's like, yeah, did you just find out about Future? Like it when he was the musical guest on SNL.
Speaker 2: Wow, like only like female rappers on here? Is just one Missy Elliott track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there should be more Missy Dude.
Speaker 2: Fucking Little Kim's tracks could be on What the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: What is this? There's a good shit on here though, like cell therapy obviously, like that's a classics.
Speaker 2: Fine, but I'm more focused on these like usurpers that have showed up on this list. That's just a that that one there is a violation Big Mama thang by Little Kim should be on there.
Speaker 1: M yeah, any whatever this has been uh.
Speaker 2: This has been old millennials screaming about hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, well those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, May twenty fifth. We are back tomorrow. I'm Out. Miles is back tomorrow with the Chaos episode of all episodes. Thank you for pulling in a guest host last minute. I had lunch at my kids school.
Speaker 2: How'd that go?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: It was good?
Speaker 1: It was in and out burger that comes through.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like, so you just come and you steal the kids school lunches?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They have like an in and out truck outside and you just like buy the buy the lunches ahead and the kids get in and out, and I got my bought my two cheeseburgers, but the line was too long, so I didn't.
Speaker 3: Entry jack for something, and I was salty as I'm just gonna go the whole time, just had my two stickers the whole time, not even getting care whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you like it, like because I didn't get one, But.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that good? Is that good? I almost asked this kid if I could finish this burger because he was.
Speaker 2: That, oh my god. And you're like, you're not gonna tell anybody just housed your burger, are you?
Speaker 1: I'm kidding. I'm kidding, kid, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Give me that. What give me that? Kids so confused, You're like, come on, I think you should leave right like five.
Speaker 1: This guy gets it.
Speaker 2: This guy gets it. It's a kid in like a hot dog goop.
Speaker 1: They're like, what, Oh, by the way, the trailer for season three, Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that the trailer. The trailer is like devoid of any context, so you cannot get your head around what any of the sketches are really about. It's just pure fucking cast. Like Tomorrow's episode, yeading.
Speaker 1: This episode is like the I think you should leave trailer. Yeah, madness, people screaming. Also, they have a basketball hoop on the kids playground that I'm pretty sure is eleven feet like they it's the highest basketball hoop I've ever set.
Speaker 2: Are you just saying that because you told them you could grab into a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of shots? Pretty embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I think I can grab and watch this and you go, yeah, miss terribly like what is this? Let I get a clap going? Actually, could I get a class going? It's getting this is bullshit. This ain't regulation height. Man, I know I could grab rim.
Speaker 1: What was doing one of the teachers. I was like that that seems high right, let me yeah, I think it's like ten feet. I was like, no, but ten feet stimp a bunch of amateurs anyways.
Speaker 2: Also, like misfat booty by most depth should be on there.
Speaker 1: Is that on there? Yeah? That should be on there? And that I don't believe I saw that. People look and shame whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't even I wonder if like an algorithm made this fucking list and it's like based off of whatever. I can't stop. Look, I got it, I got a kid. I've got a lot of tables. Man, I can't put miners into this ship. You feel me?
Speaker 1: All right? Uh back tomorrow. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye bye, Hm,