Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brook and Jeffrey podcast. And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy.
Speaker 2: Wait wait those actually all have super hot men, don't they actually?
Speaker 1: If you're listening from their DM me after this, k after you hear the full shower. I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 3: I know how this entire studio can be instantly happier.
Speaker 1: Hey, I like that, okay.
Speaker 3: But I also know none of you will do it because in a new study, researchers asked hundreds of people who participated how often they use social media. Here we go for the ones that said they're on it every single day to the study found taking just a one week break from it would make them immediately eighty percent happier.
Speaker 4: Oh my week.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, dude, I tell you, Like, when we go to my family's cabin, there's no Wi Fi and like it's unreal, except for they just put in a new cell phone tower and the last time we were up there, I could get internet again.
Speaker 5: And this is it.
Speaker 1: I don't have the self control for this. Do we go and burn down the cell phone tower?
Speaker 4: Is that what we need to do?
Speaker 3: So obviously sad part is most people couldn't do it. We couldn't go the full week.
Speaker 1: It's not our fault. It's designed to hook us so much in a.
Speaker 4: Week, and when I am happy, I want to post about it on social media.
Speaker 3: The people who were able to do it, and again not many, but after one week off social media, they were much less stressed, less depressed, and just happier overall. Okay, I know, I know. If you're less depressed, what are you going to post about on your Facebook to get pity works?
Speaker 2: I feel like we should check in more often with our social media director, Jake.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? I'm not well?
Speaker 4: His job for fun?
Speaker 3: That means he's doing good work.
Speaker 1: Is it bad that he was being honest? And we all laughed.
Speaker 3: The average person still spends at least twenty one minutes of their day on TikTok and Facebook. If they say, avoiding social media again one week will improve your mental health and for more information on that, go on head over to the Brook and Jeffrey Instagram and Facebook. Heal yourself. Now that we've made everybody happier and less stressed, let's bring it all back with the shock collar question of the day. We actually have the bucket. Pull the names in studio. We're gonna draw one out to who gets asked the trivia question. If you get it wrong, you're gonna be punished by getting shocked while singing a song. Text and tell us what song you'd like to hear to seven eighty five, nine to two. Jose, you're drawing a name out because you had it last And who did you get? Jose?
Speaker 4: Woman ears blanios. Don't believe me. Check my Insta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they don't look like they could grow hair.
Speaker 3: Go check them out. I'm hilarious Jose on Instagram. Let's send it over to digital Jake for the shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 6: Most kids are coming up on the end of.
Speaker 5: The school year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and with summer break on the whole. And a new survey looked at the top end of school traditions that parents and children do. Oh friend and Jose just decided. Note the researchers didn't take into account Brooks twenty four hour wine bitch now that the kids are home, awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it, are you sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It's not there a day. The survey asked two thousand moms with kids age five to twelve to name the things they do to put a cap on another year of school.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, I need.
Speaker 6: And number one on the list was taking a photo of your kids at the end of each grade. Fifty people say they do that at the end of every school year.
Speaker 1: I only do it at the beginning.
Speaker 4: You could probably both, right.
Speaker 6: I need you to tell me the rest of the top four in no particular order.
Speaker 8: Okay, I only have one idea, and then I'm gonna need your guys as help. But the first idea because of the picture before and end, reminded me when I was a kid, and I think a lot of families do this is they do the height thing. There's a wall where they do the pencil of what your heightening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, like that you grown.
Speaker 3: I thought that's like a birthday a tradition though, like to see how tall you are every year on your birthday.
Speaker 1: We do it really randomly. It's like mostly when we remember it.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, an eight year gap between the.
Speaker 1: Last I can tell you.
Speaker 2: I think that one thing most schools do is have some sort of end of year party. Like our school PTA is encouraging people to go to the Family Fund Center this year.
Speaker 1: You know all the kids.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good idea. Doude some sort of ice cream party or pool party to celebrate.
Speaker 4: The end of the year celebratory party.
Speaker 3: I would always do a naked victory lap around the school on the last day. Twelve Yeah, under that I was doing it.
Speaker 1: After that, I'm worried that your school is okay with it.
Speaker 8: Also, I do remember the last day of school, my mom picking me up and we would always get to go and get fast food.
Speaker 1: Fast food McDonald's.
Speaker 2: I was going to say just ice cream, but at the end of the day, I mean there's a frogio place by my kids school and it is slammed on the last day school.
Speaker 3: Let's get the question one more time.
Speaker 6: School is nearly out for summer and parents and kids alike are looking for ways to go out in style before the break. A new survey asked what end of your traditions that are most popular, and I told you Number one was taking a photo at the end of every year. I'll help you out with a summer school Golden Guests. Jose tell me something you think is in the top four, and I'll tell you if you're right or not.
Speaker 4: I'm going to ask is ice cream on the list?
Speaker 6: Getting ice cream slash throwing a party is on the list?
Speaker 3: How about this? What do you do with all the homework and the papers that you've accumulated during the entire school year? Do you throw them into a giant bonfire? Do you try and sell them to the next grade?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's going to be on the list really, Oh, but I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Don't take like a purge of all of the school stuff that you have.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: I try to, but it's not a celibratory thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, God, I have to clean out another freaking closet.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was thinking it's the start of summer. You are going to take the kids and go swimming at the end of the day. Like that's the way to kick.
Speaker 2: Off summer to me, You like hit the local beach or the local pool, go down to the lake.
Speaker 1: It's like taking a vacation too big, Like you just leave right away.
Speaker 4: See all vacation vacation is not bad.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if it's like the day up or camping.
Speaker 3: What about Jose's annual tradition at the end of the year going to the teacher and paying them the class.
Speaker 2: You do give the teacher an end of your gift. Oh yeah, I mean, if you're talking about bribing a teacher, you definitely give her an end of the year gift, an Amazon gift card, or it depends on where you're at Lingerie.
Speaker 8: Perhaps I just showed up and gave them lingerie.
Speaker 3: All right, we need to lock in some answers. What do you think you need? Two more?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's camping vacation or is it?
Speaker 1: Can I sleep over with every slumber party?
Speaker 4: My parents would let me have your friends.
Speaker 1: Stay up all night, go to the movies, and you try to.
Speaker 4: Stay up all night.
Speaker 8: Okay, so we're gonna go ice cream party, go swimming, and slumber party.
Speaker 6: According to two thousand moms of.
Speaker 3: Preachings schedule naked sleep over.
Speaker 6: These are the most popular end of school year traditions. Number one I told you was the end of your photo, which fifty percent of people do. On your golden guest you got getting ice cream or throwing a party, forty three percent of people do that.
Speaker 3: We'll give you a little ding.
Speaker 6: Number two on the list was burning your homework stuff and story right, no burning shredding, disposing of it.
Speaker 1: But you're only in fourth grade.
Speaker 6: You're never too young to experiment with fire. Big on fire number three on the list. It was said in the room writing thank you notes to your teachers.
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well didn't get them all, so you're gonna be getting shocked today. And somebody wanted to hear graduation Friends Forever by Vitamin C.
Speaker 9: As we got along, we rember all the times we had to gather.
Speaker 1: That song was terrible even when it was new.
Speaker 3: That's your shock collar question of the day. Everybody buy it for gasoline. Get ready for those.
Speaker 5: Big comfires, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gearing up for summer, trying to get their bodies bikini ready or their bikini's body ready.
Speaker 2: Your body is always ready for that bikini. That's what I say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good thing to say, but some of us might be thinking, you know, I might look a lot better in this thing if I just lost a few lbs. It's a natural thought of And if you haven't heard, there's a hot new weight loss drug. And I don't want anybody saying the name of it, because I'm sure you already know it, but it was initially designed for people with type two diabetes.
Speaker 1: It's running rampant in Hollywood right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's being prescribed to people who are looking to quickly shed a few pounds, and it's being hailed as a miracle. And I'm not saying that you should take it. We are not endorsing it.
Speaker 2: What so well, you stop to give yourself injections every day, and as soon as you stop, you gain all the weight back plus more.
Speaker 7: I won't.
Speaker 3: This is why I never quit on anything. But the only reason that I'm bringing it up today is because of the strange side effect that's now being reported, where about thirty percent of users say they've involuntarily taken a number two in their sleep. Yeah, to a little surprise in their bed.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that's thirty percent. I bet some people are too embarrassed to even.
Speaker 3: Report the people online set. You should also be careful when you're just out walking around in public too. Don't ever try to fire off a warning shot. It's too risky. Head right to the bathroom and be safe.
Speaker 1: About not worth it. No, that is not a cute looking and bikini.
Speaker 3: Let's just take that news and do a happy Memorial Day weekend. All right, lads, get some sun and on a semi serious note, just want to say thanks for listening and hanging out with us every single morning. It does mean a lot to us as listeners. You're now part of our radio family.
Speaker 1: We love you, Yeah, love yourself.
Speaker 4: You suck.
Speaker 3: Oh, you suck too. Let's all suck together. During a brand new edition of Laser Stories right after this, it's the radio segment that's trying to do some good in the world by accepting donations of excess facial hair shavings to make tiny wigs for self conscious balding hamsters. So donate your clippings today to Lots of Fuzz for Laser Stories, a segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other Alapini wienies just don't. This first Laser Story is out of the United Kingdom. Woman's going viral after she caught her boyfriend cheating. He got back at him in a pretty clever way last day at his place. She made a video where she opens up the curtain rods above one of his windows and stuffs a bunch of shrimp in there.
Speaker 6: That's smell.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna find it.
Speaker 3: She says his place stunk for months and he couldn't figure out why.
Speaker 1: That's gonna ruin any of his future dates.
Speaker 3: Her video inspired other people to tell their own revenge stories in the comments, and some of those are pretty solid too. Here's a few good ones. One guy. One guy removed a back panel from his ex's TV and stuffed crab meat in there.
Speaker 5: Whoa back You're.
Speaker 4: Never gonna find this?
Speaker 1: Is that not ruin the TV?
Speaker 4: And also Kra's expensive, bro? Are you wasting good?
Speaker 3: Another woman said she brushed the guy's toilet with his toothbrush and then put it back in the hall.
Speaker 1: That's just don't do that.
Speaker 3: And you know that liquid that comes in jars of minced garlic, Oh my god, someone dumped that in a guy's shoes, all of them.
Speaker 1: He's like a sneakerhead or something.
Speaker 3: Last, but not least, one dude said he filled a spray bottle with milt and sprayed it all over his cheating ex's carpet. That's just milk in the carpet, sour carpet, mildew.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna keep these in mind, but you can't see it, so you don't know why.
Speaker 3: Ste my apartment's so dirty.
Speaker 4: I really didn't understand that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah that bad.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Next Laser stories out of Ocalla, Florida, thirty six year old man named Daniel Dinkins goes by the nickname Dink. Recently, he jumped into hero mode because as he was walking through a neighborhood, he heard a baby crying from a nearby house.
Speaker 4: Are we allowed to just run to crying babies?
Speaker 1: Now, babies cry all the time. It does not mean that they're trouble.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently this baby was crying so loud and for so long that Dink thought the baby needed help. Okay, he grabbed a nearby brick and threw it through a window. Whoa wait a minute, get into the house, of course.
Speaker 2: Just knock on the door and ask if the tired mother needs a small break.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Police were called after that, and yes, when they arrived, they questioned Dink and that's when he informed them he is a time traveler from the future.
Speaker 1: So no, no drugs are involved.
Speaker 3: I also regret being fully in with this guy at first, Like I understand him once police heard that. They informed Dink they did not believe him, and there was actually no baby in that house at all. So was it a future baby that he heard screaming? We may never know, but police say Dink the time traveler did admit to swimming in the pool that was located on the property, but only because he thought there might have been a time travel wormhole down there that it could have gone back through.
Speaker 1: Got I mean I have confused a pool drain for that before.
Speaker 3: Dink was then charged with trespassing in burglary in this current year man best of luck.
Speaker 2: To office record by the time he goes back to the future this next day.
Speaker 3: The story is out of New Zealand. A popular pizza spot has introduced a new way to pay for your pie. Hell Pizza just announced its new after life pay system. They say they're turning up the heat on buy not and pay later schemes because with their plan, you can buy now and then pay for it when you're dead, like you put it in your will. How they say they're only now just testing it out to a select number of people. Those who are selected will be invited to sign a real amendment to their wills that will allow the cost of their pizza to be collected upon their death.
Speaker 4: Good if you're.
Speaker 1: One of their relatives who twenty thousand dollars. Wait a minute, what pizza bill is this?
Speaker 3: No interest or fees will apply and the agreement is legally binding. You do have to be eighteen years or older to be part of the trial run, and of the applicants, six hundred and sixty six will be selected.
Speaker 4: Watch they poison the pizzas the company says.
Speaker 3: On pizza, the company says, pizza is one of the simple joys of life and after life pay means customers can get their fix without having to dip into the bank account.
Speaker 2: Oh man, there's gonna be some grandpa that signs up for this just because he hates his family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This next thing is their stories out of Romance World Yay. An expert dating coach, says that there's five signs that will tell you if you're a super attractive person or not, and looking into the mirror is not going to be one of them. The first sign is that people get very territorial of their girlfriends or boyfriends whenever you're around, and they see you as competition.
Speaker 2: That or what's interesting does I see that happening for Alexis, and that never happens for me. People are like, oh, you can be our best friend.
Speaker 3: The second, you rarely get compliments because people just assume that you already know that you're attracted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see people are only telling me I look good because they think I'm another compensation.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to compare all these to you.
Speaker 4: Today, you look so a lot.
Speaker 3: The next sign that you can tell if you're super attractive on the down low is you rarely get approached by people. This is because people think you're out of their league, so they won't even bother trying to talk to you.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of my really hot best friends, everybody think that she's really snobby, but it's only because she's just shy, that's.
Speaker 1: All it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Number four, you always catch strangers staring at you out in public.
Speaker 1: She looks weird.
Speaker 3: The fifth and final way you'll be able to tell if people view you as super attractive even if you didn't know it. People always get awkward and or nervous whenever they're around you interesting. I'm always the awkward, nervous one person no one approaches because He's so dang hot this day. What was happening even before he got his shell surgically enhanced.
Speaker 1: Wow, I definitely feel awkward.
Speaker 3: That's how these laser stories is over for the day. We're going to do it again, same time.
Speaker 5: On Wednesday, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Record numbers of people in our country are choosing to walk away from their nine to five.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, seriously, so many people are quitting right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people that are quitting. More than a few people have left their careers at our radio station.
Speaker 4: Really true.
Speaker 1: One lady after seventeen years here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and most people are like, oh, I moved on to this and she was just like, no, I'm just done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I gotta say I'm extremely disappointed in them.
Speaker 1: Oh you can stay jealous. That's a good sign.
Speaker 3: I'm not for quitting and going on to something obviously better than radio.
Speaker 4: Making themselves happy.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of them for that, So good luck, Tracy. I'm disappointed because of the way that they left, so polite, no drama, no theatrics. We had an ice cream party for Tracy Boring, and it's just so completely different than the guy in England who's making international headlines today because of the epic and hilarious way that he decided to walk out of his six year job. So we'll tell you what he did, and oddly enough, what he wore for it. Coming up at sevent ten. They say quitters never win. I saw that on a cigarette add outside of my preschool the other day. Okay, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: One guy disturbing.
Speaker 3: One guy who just quit his job is actually winning the internet today.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: His name's Robert Simpson, and he had a job at the British grocery store chain Tesco. After several years working in the back loading area, he finally went into his manager one day to let him know he was done. Oh god, and he's moving on.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a big step.
Speaker 1: I've worked at a grocery store before, and you dream of that moment for a very long.
Speaker 3: Time, from the second you put that smock on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I only worked there for a year two so I mean.
Speaker 3: His manager told him, you know, that's fine, but he would need to submit a formal resignation letter, which typical manager move, like, oh you want to quit, you have to do more.
Speaker 1: Work for yes, we've got a form for that.
Speaker 3: You're like, no, I'm not going to work here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't be here tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to apply for that.
Speaker 3: Well, Robert took that request very, very literally. His boss wanted a formal resignation. He was going to give it to him. So Robert showed up at the store the next day in a full three piece suit with a cane, carrying his very formal resignation letter in his hand. He got up and stood on a box and then proceeded to read it out loud in the middle of the store. His letter said, to whomever it may concern, I write this letter from a place of sorrow and regret. Oh wow, these six long, oarduous years have caused me to grow quite weary. Whilst I have reveled and labored with my subordinates, my knees have grown weak, and the grease on my elbows has depleted.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Read while shoppers are just walking by.
Speaker 3: As he was going on like do you know, uh, do you know where the draino is? Excuse me? And he even gave a nod towards his role of receiving deliveries, saying this is not for every man to accept lodge packages into the back door.
Speaker 9: Nonetheless, it was my duty.
Speaker 3: Yes, expect a little bit of humor into your After that, he thanked his coworkers and his manager by saying, I finished this letter with many thanks to my former comrades, and I hear by submit my formal resignation and the king except He then tapped his cane stepped off the box.
Speaker 1: I feel like the manager is gonna yell off with.
Speaker 3: His head once he stepped down. He finished it with a simple all.
Speaker 1: Right, see you later, okay character.
Speaker 3: So the next day he posted the video of his grand exit, and of course that went viral, getting hundreds of thousands of views and comments of approval from all these people, and it inspired others to share their most epic I quit stories. Yeah and so here were some of the best ones that were submitted. One says, I used to work for a tech firm and my boss told us one day that we were all going to be spending our breaks doing mandatory zoomba classes to zoomba to boost team morale.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god, Yeah, sounds awful, they say.
Speaker 3: So I immediately stood up and told her I'm taking my fat behind and I'm going home. I walked out of the meeting and then never came back.
Speaker 1: Wow, Zoomba was the straw.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 8: I feel like jobs are like dating for me, where I've never really quit.
Speaker 3: I always get like broken up.
Speaker 4: With my first.
Speaker 8: Restaurant job, I got fired. I felt bad for the manager. You literally had to console me for thirty minutes. Yeah, and I still I feel like I cried enough that maybe he'd give me the job back.
Speaker 4: But still it's okay.
Speaker 1: So you don't have any epic I quit stories.
Speaker 5: Back.
Speaker 3: Jose still stalks them on Facebook years later and lights their old photos.
Speaker 4: If you listening, I'll totally come back.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. Oh did you submit this next one? Because it says I used to work at Subwell. It says with this guy who absolutely hated his job. They say one day during a busy lunch shift, he got halfway through making a sandwich when the customer asked twice for him to add more Chipotle Ranch sauce. And so he looked at the customer and then over to our manager and says, well till next time, bro, And he squirts the rest of the bottle into the air above him and walks out.
Speaker 1: As if fireworkship.
Speaker 3: They say he never came back, not even to pick up his final paycheck.
Speaker 2: You're right, or you're just really bad with money.
Speaker 3: This next one actually short and sweet. It says, my boss wouldn't let me go to the bathroom one day to throw up, so I puked on her ash told her I quit, then puked again on the floor next to her.
Speaker 1: That's very short. She asked for it. Literally.
Speaker 4: The bosses don't believe you, I know, so it's well, I'll.
Speaker 2: Prove it's because you lied twenty times.
Speaker 3: I'm learning whether it's with like Chipotle ranch sauce or with puke. You need to have some sort of water effectatic. And finally, this last one says, my buddy worked at a terrible supermarket that was notorious for really awful customers. On his last day, a woman walks up to his line and tries to browbeat him into taking a bunch of expired cubans. He tells her he needs to check with the supervisor, and then slowly pulls out a jack in the box from under his till like a toy apparently, and he methodically placed it on the scanner and just starts cranking the thing that.
Speaker 1: Is, so it's so creepy it is.
Speaker 3: When it's finally pops, he looks her in the eye and says, yeah, he said no, so she flipped out and screamed for a manager while he was just cracking up. He took off his smock and then left the sky.
Speaker 1: You can't for that, ye did? Like back there for months waiting for.
Speaker 3: The text into seven eight, five nine to tell us what's your most epic quitting story. Your phone TAP's coming up right after.
Speaker 5: This brooking Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: In the morning, we got one of the funniest phone to have requests in a long time.
Speaker 4: Request.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the request from a guy named Ruben, and I can't wait to hear this one. I haven't heard it yet, but Ruben wanted us to play a prank on his buddy. Apparently he's only been in his job for a few months and started dating a woman there that he worked with. And the other night they were drinking, they came back to the office and started getting freaky in the stairways. I must have been looking for some private see but a security guard caught them, took pictures of their ideas, and then said he'd be getting in touch with HR. So Reuben told us his buddy's been freaking out because HR still hasn't called he's getting fired. That was until now. You're gonna hear it in your phone tap right after this the twenties.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, this is Kelly calling from corporate HR. I'm looking to speak with George. This is he Hi, Jared, how are you today?
Speaker 10: I'm good? How can I help?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just calling because of the incident that happened in the office stairwell the other day.
Speaker 10: So you you heard about that.
Speaker 2: Security did inform me of what happened.
Speaker 10: I don't know what to say. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate that, but as you know, we take these type of things very seriously.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry. I promise you this will never happen again.
Speaker 2: Okay, now let's just go through some things here. Jared, how long have you and Olivia been dating.
Speaker 10: I've been dating a little over two months.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if you're aware of this since you're a newer employee, but we do have to file a.
Speaker 1: Coworker relationship agreement with the company.
Speaker 10: Uh, never heard of that before.
Speaker 2: Well, i'm your helpful HR person, so I've already got that storted for you. I just need a little more information, okay, like what, like what other activities you two have been up to at work?
Speaker 10: What you mean accurties? We're just working.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to tell you that's not what I heard, and we're going to need to discuss some things.
Speaker 10: What do you mean what you've heard.
Speaker 1: Talking about the cubicle area? You know what I'm talking about? Their little little accion.
Speaker 10: No, I don't know about any action shown. Did that never happen. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not what she said.
Speaker 10: She who I never?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about Olivia. I spoke with her about an hour ago.
Speaker 2: I think you're going to want to hear this because she admitted that you two did it in the cubicle area.
Speaker 10: That's not true. That's a lie. I don't even know why she would even say that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, let me see her through the notes. It says she did it in the cubicle area.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, well, I know she didn't do it with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at the time on these notes that I have. This was definitely before you came aboard.
Speaker 10: Wow, I know what wouldn't mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's referencing some guy in sales named Sam.
Speaker 1: Do you know Sam?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I know Sam, but we're not friends.
Speaker 1: Not friends, just doppelbangers. Huh.
Speaker 10: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I am, well Sam, sure does weird? It doesn't matter. Okay, let's keep going down the list. How about the conference room.
Speaker 10: I've never been in the conference room.
Speaker 2: Well that's weird because she said she did it in the conference room four times with different people. Well it wasn't me, It must have been Sam and some others.
Speaker 10: So what you're saying is my girlfriend has been doing it all over the office with other people. I mean, what are you saying she's saying?
Speaker 1: I really should have read these notes before I call it.
Speaker 10: She's just weird.
Speaker 1: I apologize.
Speaker 10: Wow, I can't believe my girlfriend's doing this with everybody. She's done this in the past.
Speaker 1: Whoa sim You should see the one about the break room here, this note here?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I think I've heard enough. I don't want to hear about more of her expectations.
Speaker 1: But it's like, how can you balance on a microwave? Much more flexible than when I was younger.
Speaker 10: You got a lot of notes on her. She's done it on a microwaving every well with everybody.
Speaker 1: But she told you about all these things, right, this is it?
Speaker 10: No, she did not, she did. We wouldn't have been eating too much if we were. That's a lot of doing everybody in the office.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would.
Speaker 1: Definitely date her. She seems very talented.
Speaker 10: I don't appreciate you having fun. Sound like you're really enjoying this. This is so shocking. I mean, how can I look these guys in the face.
Speaker 1: She couldn't either, I mean, looking at the positions she described anywhere, there's no way she could see anybody.
Speaker 10: Wow. I am just blowed away too. Why are you laughing? This is not funny. My girl's been doing everybody.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny because this is actually a prank phone calls.
Speaker 10: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my real name's Brooke from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're doing a phone tap on you, man.
Speaker 10: I no way, no way, no way.
Speaker 1: Everyboddy Rubin set you up. You know he did tell us about the stairwell. He did, and he said that you've been freaking out thinking the HR was gonna call you any day.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 10: I was freaking out. I'm sure they gonna call me though, I'm sure they go.
Speaker 4: The other day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, wait before you go, I have to ask one last question. Okay, you need to answer honestly. Did you hook up on my desk?
Speaker 10: You' he's not from HR. You can't ask me anymore questions.
Speaker 1: I'm marking down.
Speaker 11: Yes, wake up every morning with boone tabs weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, Mark Twain famously said, tragedy plus time equals quick alexis what.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Tragedy time, not happiness, Samuel.
Speaker 3: Tragedy plus time equals comedy. Oh that's what Mark Twain said. No, after tragedy, you need to give it enough time before it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm better like reading written things.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's his recipe for humor. And one of our listens or says he got pitched a funny first date idea that he now regrets saying yes to. And in all of our years doing the show, this was a first. We've never heard an idea like this for a date. It probably is going to be the last time we ever hear about it, because while it sounded good, at the start. It ended stinking worse than some of Brooks homemade lunches that she brings into the.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I'm self aware. That's not a good thing.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear all about what it was when we do your second date update, next second Date updated. What happens if you meet someone on a dating app and you find out that both of you have been in the dating pool for way too long. With you, that's when you need to mix it up. Like one of our listeners, Wane did recently. Did he suggest both of them dress up as their favorite power ranger and meet in front of the police station.
Speaker 4: Really fun.
Speaker 1: Read?
Speaker 3: He didn't do that?
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 3: It would have been a fantastic idea. Yeah, yeah, said he went a different direction, and now he says he's living with a medium amount of regret.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like that. Most adults live that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sleep at night, Wayne, Only in ninety chance are going to regret asking us for help today. So welcome to the show. Now must stay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm having some regret. You know, started as a good idea.
Speaker 1: Don't they all.
Speaker 3: We'll get to your questionable idea in just a second. But first, tell us about the girl that you went out with. Who's she Isabella? Okay, that's a pretty name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And from Jeffrey's description, it sounds like, I don't know, maybe you're a little exhausted from online dating.
Speaker 10: Definitely?
Speaker 1: Okay, are we all? Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean, do you still have hope going into a first date with someone when you're just tired of it?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 7: I have a liver of hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But it's like, all right, give me a reasonably.
Speaker 3: Tell us about what you wanted to do with Isabella.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, So Isabella, you know, a couple of weeks you were chatting and we just had really awesome conversations and like talked about our favorite candy and like our top three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is your favorite candy?
Speaker 7: Kidding pieces?
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, it's not does.
Speaker 3: Your first date have to do with like a candy shop or something?
Speaker 7: No, but kind of like a game. Well, basically, we had so many fun conversations and she was like, it never translates into a good first date. And I was like, well, let's just skip the first date then and we can pretend like it's our second or third date.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, can you do that?
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you could do that.
Speaker 2: You can like act like remember last time when we talked, why are you telling me the story again?
Speaker 7: We're getting along so well? And she was like, well, what we pretended it was our one year anniversary?
Speaker 3: Oh? Whoa?
Speaker 1: That escalated quickly, sir.
Speaker 3: You're like, let's jump right to the divorce, start breaking up items.
Speaker 4: It's been one year. You still won't sleep with me.
Speaker 1: When were you into that idea?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know yeah? I was like, why not? What do we got to lose it? This street?
Speaker 2: And you may get a free dessert out of it from the restaurant, you know whatever, they know it's an anniversary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So what'd you end up doing?
Speaker 7: Oh, we made a reservation for a one year anniversary and I ordered actually a bottle champagne and oh.
Speaker 1: You're a good boyfriend. After a whole year.
Speaker 7: We had to put out flowers with a card. Oh yeah, one year down, forever to go.
Speaker 3: I want to steal this one year down Forever to go. That was the card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wow romantic. Did she think that's funny or did it feel like too much to her? Because you really took this too like a serious level.
Speaker 3: You owned it when.
Speaker 7: We met, like we had the happy one year like anniversary jokes, and you know she was into it too. She came with like a president for me, which I was.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Her person was a fake coupon book that's really.
Speaker 3: Funny, free hug.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, it was done like that, but to kind of like sarcastic, except free hug. It was like hug yourself or to the laundry yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, that's more like the ten year anniversary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sounds really funny. Did you guys laugh a lot on your date?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the first like fifteen twenty minutes of the dinner pretty funk. Then it got a little serious.
Speaker 3: Oh serious.
Speaker 7: It probably with me. I was too into it, took it too far because I started kind of telling her who she can be friends with, you know, like I don't actually know any of her friends, so I was kind of making it up.
Speaker 1: You turned into the boyfriend that she wants to dump. Is well, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Hopefully you told her don't hang around Brooke because she's a wet blanket about your date.
Speaker 1: Idea O terrible.
Speaker 7: You know, Lamee's a bad influence she you know, like, what do you mean? I don't know if she meant, what do you mean, who's lane or what?
Speaker 3: Because there is no lane?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you were toxic boyfriend? Yeah, I mean, like what happened to the romantic guy that she was dating, you know, fake dating?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I had to fix in a little bit of real fake life.
Speaker 1: Dude, That's exactly why she's not calling you.
Speaker 3: You have to create some fake lows to enjoy those fake highs in your relationships.
Speaker 1: You don't put up with that type of crap in a relationship.
Speaker 3: You can single long enough, he has to do something.
Speaker 1: Not surprised anymore. Maybe there's reason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, was that it was there More to the day it kind of got worse, perhaps because then we kind of shifted.
Speaker 7: In the topic of how to discipline you know, our kids.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're only one relationship, you don't even have kids.
Speaker 7: No, we don't have kids now, but in the one anniversary world, it's normal to talk about, you know, how would you discipline kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't see eye to eye on how to parent your fake children.
Speaker 7: We were disagreeing a lot about that, and she said something about my mom being overbearing.
Speaker 1: I mean, how much longer did you guys last after that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: You know it's hard coming out of like the overbearing mom that it got a little awkward. It just wasn't a good idea, all right, man, Well.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you had a couple hiccups on the day, very tiny ones. But we're every relationship goes through these moments before they find they're like, strip, isn't that right.
Speaker 1: Brooke on the first date, but on.
Speaker 3: The one year anniversary makes sense. So we're gonna play a song, We're gonna come back. We're gonna call your girlfriend of one year, Isabella, and we're going to see if we can get her to go out with you one more time. Okay for the second time.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 3: Jose keeps telling me off the air that he's gonna steal this date idea I am, even though the girl clearly isn't calling back.
Speaker 1: After it ended in a total disaster.
Speaker 2: But it's so funny left at each other.
Speaker 3: If a girl isn't calling you back, Jose, usually that's a bad sign.
Speaker 8: I know, but it's just like, how much fun could you have imagining your one year university?
Speaker 1: He just wants to be in a relationship so bad.
Speaker 3: But we're talking about one of our listeners, Wayne, who just went out on a date with someone named Isabella, and on their first date, they pretended that it was their one year anniversary, so they set it all up with champagne and flowers at a restaurant. But Wayne thinks he may have over committed to the character when he made some jokey comments about who Isabella can and can't hang out with and how they are going to parent their future non existent children someday down the road.
Speaker 4: It's fake, guys, I know, Wayne.
Speaker 1: Why did you go with controlling boyfriend as your persona?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I wasn't really thinking I was doing controlling Boyfriend. I was just thinking, you know, one year you have these little like.
Speaker 1: Telling someone who they can and can't hang out with is very controlling.
Speaker 7: I mean I was just looking out for lanes of bad influence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a.
Speaker 4: Good lane in my life yet it guys, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Didn't your husband buy you a dish rack on your one year anniversary?
Speaker 1: That's true, Yeah, but he never tried to tell me who I couldn't couldn't hang out.
Speaker 3: Get in the kitchen and dishes, they'll get the water all over the counter.
Speaker 4: Like I'm hanging out with mister clean.
Speaker 3: So it can't turn out any worse than that, Right, Wayne, Let's just call Isabella and see how this here we go. I'm gonna tells Abelle. Let's do this.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Isabella? Yes, Hey, Isabella. My name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, like that, sas, I don't know what it's funny, really funny?
Speaker 1: Isabella already?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, Hi, this is the whole morning show that's Brooke. You probably know their social media handle Brook Fox Fox, Yeah, sure, at Hilarious on Everything. Yeah, and then Alexis at Alexis Fuller sixteen sixteen. Okay, I don't follow you, guys.
Speaker 1: We're not calling because of social media.
Speaker 3: Just see no follows. We're doing a dating segment on this show asking about somebody that you went out with recently named Wayne.
Speaker 12: Oh oh.
Speaker 3: Was that a good?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: You want to know, Well, we want to know what you thought about your date, because we've heard a little bit about it from Wayne, but we'd like to get your perspective on it. Was it was it producers dancing at a corner.
Speaker 12: I mean, I think it was a really clever idea of mine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, to do the one year anniversary thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Can you tell Brooke what an amazing idea? That date was so fun? It sounds like she doesn't believe that people can have fun doing that.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it didn't sound fun.
Speaker 2: It just you know, I don't know, it depends on what you think, Like did you think it was fun?
Speaker 12: I mean it started out pretty fun because like it was silly and just like, yeah, we already know each other, we've known each other for a year or whatever. But then like I don't know, we're talking about our family and there was like this weird moment where I made this joke about his mom being overbearing and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Which is a pretty stereotypical mother in law joke.
Speaker 12: Like absolutely, but his response to that was like, are you sure you want to eat that pasta? Like I want you to live along and help you life, and I don't know if that could be something that's a part of your diet.
Speaker 1: He already told me about the friend thing too, Like why is he doing or.
Speaker 3: Does he have kind of a point if he wants you to live long? And I mean, if he really cared about.
Speaker 1: You, that is red.
Speaker 10: But then he like he like brought up this person.
Speaker 12: I can't even remember her name, but like he brought up this person because it's made up or whatever. But he was like, I don't want you seeing her anymore. It's a bad influence for you, and blah blah blah, and like, yeah, it was made up, but like I would kind of a red flag for me.
Speaker 1: I would have alarm bells going.
Speaker 2: Off left and right, like wait, I'm you made a joke about his mom being overbearing.
Speaker 1: But it's like a stereotypical joke, right, Oh, why is that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because it's not talking about who he is as a person.
Speaker 3: She's not talking about who she is as a person.
Speaker 7: Can I just say something? It wasn't a real person.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, sorry, that's Wayne Isabella. He just jumped in the conversation.
Speaker 7: Person, Isabella. We were we were in it together for one year anniversary. I don't know what when you talking about my mom and even though she is very overbearing, you don't know her.
Speaker 4: You hit a nail on the head.
Speaker 12: Huh, you're not listening, like you're saying about the mom. And then you completely changed around onto me and something about me as a person, and it's like that didn't really hit well, you know, we weren't. We were joking about our family and then suddenly you started telling me that I shouldn't costa Like yeah.
Speaker 3: H family joking is okay, but talking about food that crosses the.
Speaker 1: Line what they can or can't eat? Can can't hang out with it.
Speaker 3: For your safety and health?
Speaker 2: And well, she's not child, you're not her dad, Like get out of here.
Speaker 1: And why do you think boyfriends act that way? Like if you're just even if you're just pretending, and like.
Speaker 12: Pasta isn't even bad for you?
Speaker 7: Like what are you?
Speaker 12: What are you doing? You're basically just feeding into the stereotype that carbs make you fat and I'm fat?
Speaker 7: Like I didn't mean it like that. I was coming from the health perspective and daring about you wanting to have a healthy, long boss's life together.
Speaker 3: Theirs are no.
Speaker 1: I mean, it'd be one thing if you said don't smoke.
Speaker 3: You know what's wrong with smoking?
Speaker 4: Crees?
Speaker 10: They're legal?
Speaker 3: Are you're telling me what I can and can't do?
Speaker 4: You get her? Jeff?
Speaker 7: I mean, if it wasn't possible about to be the freakout?
Speaker 3: I mean, what it seems like a big freak out over one thing. Is that all that it was? He made a bad joke about what she can and can eat in a fake scenario.
Speaker 12: A lot of the it was a lot of them making opt stuff, which you know, like there was one where he was talking about like our kids and disciplining our kids, and I was like, okay, if we're just dating on a one year anniversary, that's not something that you usually talk about, is disciplining your children if you haven't even talked about wanting to have kids yet.
Speaker 7: And I was like, all right, I don't get any what are you talking about? We already talked about having kids at our six months march.
Speaker 3: You forgot that conversation, Isabella.
Speaker 12: Got that conversation maybe happened with another girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I at hotter situation than this.
Speaker 2: He's not very funny, Like come on, man, it's like foreshadowing just a crappy relationship, is what you were doing?
Speaker 7: Like Brook, she's just against me the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yes emailed us for help. Remember that Brook, this date idea was all her idea to pretend to be like a couple a year into a related couple.
Speaker 1: That's fun. You pretend European vacation.
Speaker 3: You have now has to pay for a big euro trip. She's a bad boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's obviously going to split the cost, Jeffrey. They've only been together for one year. Okay, she's an independent working woman, give her a break.
Speaker 4: Is that true, Isabella?
Speaker 12: I would absolutely pay my own way, but like I would appreciate if he offered.
Speaker 1: More fun conversation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, would you like to go to Europe with me? I'll pay for it? Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Better?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wows behind?
Speaker 8: Well, come on, guys, literally, I think he tried to take a bad angle as a joke and it didn't work.
Speaker 1: But I think she was her gut.
Speaker 4: You guys are still laughing right now. You have chemistry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like we can all tell when a joke is a joke and when it's not a joke except whom. And I'm not joking right now when I say I want to pay for a second date for both of you, and I will pay for.
Speaker 1: It, yes, pre Europe, pre Europe.
Speaker 3: Yes, just a regular first date, and we can pretend that you guys haven't been dating for a long time anymore. A real second date.
Speaker 12: I would be okay with a real second date. See what he's really like in the present moment instead of thinking what a future should be.
Speaker 3: I can Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you said, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wayne, are you still You're still up for this?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Of course she won't regret.
Speaker 10: It at all.
Speaker 1: Just no more hypotheticals on your guys dates.
Speaker 4: You guys should not joke at all.
Speaker 3: Look what I true love prevails even when Brooke tries to actively kick.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You guys know, my star is rising like yeast in a blueberry onion last just blowing upright nows smelly? Actually, did you guys see there was an article about me and Marie Claire Magazine.
Speaker 4: I thought I read that.
Speaker 1: I didn't get the latest issue.
Speaker 3: They did a piece that described me as a lyrical savant. Oh wow, yeah, that's a good thing, right.
Speaker 1: I guess they.
Speaker 3: Said, I have quote the dance moves of a young Britney Spears, the gentle grace of a young bad Bobby in the voluptuous backside of a Pixar. Mom.
Speaker 1: I'm jealous of that.
Speaker 3: You think that's good? You should read what they said about my voice. Oh but actually, you don't even have to read about it. You can just hear it for yourself. Yeah, when I belt out and shake my Pixar worthy dairy air with my song of the week right coming up at eight ten, I've heard the people want their song of the week.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, let me correct that.
Speaker 3: I just checked the textboard. The one person wants their song of the week. The person, way to go, person, you keep texting in, but it is song of the week time. And have you guys looked outside lately? Yeah, just look out the window right now. Look at the world, the warm and the sunniness out there, bursting with life and energy and love.
Speaker 1: Or it's melting me. I'm not sure which.
Speaker 3: Whatever, it's incredible. Aren't you guys so happy that we're stuck inside a radio station today? I mean, Mother Earth is rocking her some bought out there and we're shriveling up in studio.
Speaker 4: It is a hot girl summer and Mother Earth is hot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm crushing hard on Mother Earth right now. I just can't wait to get out there because summer is officially in full swing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's finally here.
Speaker 1: I do love summer. It's my favorite season.
Speaker 3: It means all our favorite things that we love about this season.
Speaker 1: Big barbecue parties and.
Speaker 3: Firework shows and community pools, the ice Cream Man. We're doing them all this year. We're doing the ice Cream Man everything. And maybe the best thing is that people are finally getting to go on big summer vacations again.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: A lot of road trips for our family last year.
Speaker 3: But now you can go all out. And I'm worried that maybe some of us may have forgotten how to do it. How did Yeah exactly? I mean I wanted to write a song to remind everybody how incredibly great it is to actually try for the summer months.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I want to get you pumped for your upcoming vacation, wherever it may be to. And that's why instead of singing Meghan the Stallion's hit song I'm a Savage. Oh it's young Jeffreys, I'll be traveling.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yes, this is a big this is a big undertaking.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: So if you have a summer vacation planned, or you haven't planned one yet, maybe this will be your inspiration. All right, I'm gonna point when I'm ready.
Speaker 1: It's so excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, point.
Speaker 9: Take that trip cruising ships, travel tips, fanny pack around my hips, book it. Yeah, I'm ahead to a visa. Got my passport and my visa. Had to go and get my shots so I would not contract diseases. My legs ain't bruisy because the exit roads so roomy. Leave my chair back couple of inches for the in flight movie, laughing at Made in Manhattan, little light above me when my seatfelt should be fast and muffily announcement on the speaker from the captain telling.
Speaker 4: Me it's safe for the cabin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be traveling.
Speaker 9: Yes, sandals, rolling baggage shot, Minnie Peanuts package shit, teeny drink card, napkins. Shit, I'm relaxing while I'm traveling. Yes, window see it. I'm trapped in bathroom, never asking landing people are clapping.
Speaker 3: Why they clapping?
Speaker 9: I rolled up to my hotel, got my luggage, y'all exploding straight onto the bar to get my vaca. Really flowing selfie in the lobby onto Instagram. It's going, but I can't upload the photo because my cell phone says it's rolling.
Speaker 4: I don't quit.
Speaker 9: No, I got a map to find the famous monuments. Oh, I hail a taxi just by stretching.
Speaker 3: Out my limb. Whoa lay on a beach and try to darken up my skin? Yeah, snorkel and fins.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: While I'm traveling.
Speaker 9: Yeah, wallet, sunscreen, glass suits, family t shirts match it. Yeah, cameras are waist flash shit, what's the caption?
Speaker 3: Gee, I'll be traveling toilet trees.
Speaker 9: I'm packing tiny toothpaste action pepto bismo tablets.
Speaker 3: Hey, it could happen.
Speaker 9: And when it's time to leave, ooh, I bring those mini shambo pottles home with me. Ooh, because when I check out, I become a little thief.
Speaker 3: Ooh, grab all.
Speaker 9: The artwork because it's complimentary. Oh, they're gonna leave a tip for everyone I eat.
Speaker 3: Yuh.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna miss my daily morning Marguerite, respect the maid.
Speaker 3: Who left the chocolate on the sheet.
Speaker 2: Yuh.
Speaker 3: Because on vacation doesn't matter what I eat.
Speaker 9: No back at the airport getting loaded duty free. I might be a tourist, but I'm not touristy.
Speaker 3: I'll be traveling plants, subber.
Speaker 1: I need to make.
Speaker 4: Them right, inspiration to a plane.
Speaker 1: Every time I get one of those little napkins.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm going to think of this song, you know, it's been a long time when you're actually excited to get back into the airport of.
Speaker 1: A lot and every time you leave your hotel room. Okay, sunscreen glasses, what was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, wallet Walla, you need this song alright. So I know it's been a while since we took that big summer trip. And whether it's going to be a week at Disney World or a road trip to mom Talk cruise to Cambodia, whatever it is that you have on the books, this is all about making new memories in new places this summer.
Speaker 1: Figure not that caption exactly.
Speaker 3: Texting to seven eighty five nine to let us know what you thought about the song of the week. Also, if you have any travel plans set up, go ahead and let us know where you're going to be.
Speaker 4: I remember you're going.
Speaker 2: You can always watch a video that includes Alexis dancing in it.
Speaker 1: I can dance a little more than normal this time.
Speaker 3: Check it out on the Brook and Jeffrey YouTube, the Brook and Jeffrey Instagram, or our Facebook.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: In the morning, we're still getting text into seven eight five nine two about my song of the week. We are if you missed it instead of singing the song I'm a Savage by Megan the Stallion. I sang my own version called I'll be traveling because it's vacation time for millions of people around the country, just in time for summer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Now we got some text into seven eight five nine two one said Jeffy the Stallion, you got me so pumped for summer. I want to kiss you on the lips right now. Thank you. Amazing song. I'm not sure if that person's going to be traveling, but if you are, I'm sure TSA would be more than happy to kiss you and do other intimate stuff for you.
Speaker 4: Let's just ask for a frisk.
Speaker 1: Yeahous, you have ASA? What are you doing in security?
Speaker 3: What are you not doing? You're doing it wrong, not doing the good stuff. Another text came in that said love the song. Would you guy guys ever be up for doing a contest called Adventures with Alexis, where she leads a group of listeners on an epic bar crawl. I would pay almost fifty bucks to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, more than that, but yeah, I do yeah, yeah, fifty yeah, more than that until two bars will let you in because they don't believe your idea. Israel not sure.
Speaker 3: If that's the kind of traveling that I was referring to in the song, But I'm still up for it. I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, traveling on foot still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah sure. If you like the song, if you missed it or you want to hear it again, go check it out on the Brook and Jeffrey YouTube. It's also up on Brook and Jeffrey's Facebook and our Instagram page. Share it with someone who's preparing for their epic summer vacation.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, Brook and Jeffrey. In the morning, U.
Speaker 3: Turn it up because we've got Steve from Edmunds back on the phone once again to take you on, Brooke. Now, Steve is zero to two against you all time, but he does have one up on you.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: Because Steve is retired thanks to Cryptoay, you're rich, Steve. You want to give Brooke a suck it real quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Just suck it.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 2: How young were you when you got to retire.
Speaker 10: And a half?
Speaker 7: No magic formula?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that was just hard work and dedication.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you were like twenty six.
Speaker 8: The right time, brother, because some people are gonna work their whole lives now because of crypto.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, so you just keep on joining retirement. We got a grind here and move on to the game. Brooks leaving the studio. Well that happens, you know how works thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you gotta beat Brooke out right to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 7: I am ready, sure, all right to get.
Speaker 3: In the win column.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Musician Miles Davis was born on this day in nineteen twenty six. He famously played what brass instrument Trump? What does the TV network NBC stand for?
Speaker 2: National Broadcast Corporation?
Speaker 3: Montero Lamar Hill is the real name of what Rapper past? What is McDonald's best selling item McNuggets. A person who studies celestial objects to understand human behavior is called what.
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: The bikini made its debut in which decade?
Speaker 10: I can repeat that the.
Speaker 3: Bikini made its debut in which decade?
Speaker 7: Forty?
Speaker 3: All right, that was good work by Steve today, well done. We're going to bring the brook back into the studio and off of the air. Steve told our producer he has summer plans to go fishing, and even gave us permission to do a remote broadcast on his twenty foot boat.
Speaker 8: Yeah, have extra life jackets because I can't swim.
Speaker 7: I have extra ones on board for you, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's required by law. There you go.
Speaker 10: Can you just hold on a minute.
Speaker 7: I got to run down the street and catch my it escaped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. I thought it was kind of so gullible. Do you get the prey call? And then I just still felt for it.
Speaker 3: I suck it again.
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bro, here it goes. Your time starts now. Musician Miles Davis was born on this day in nineteen twenty six. He famously played what brass instrument trumpet? What does the TV network NBC stand for?
Speaker 1: National Broadcasting Company?
Speaker 3: Montero Lamar Hill is the real name of what.
Speaker 1: Rapper uh Lil Wayne?
Speaker 3: What is McDonald's best selling item Big Mac? A person who studies celestial objects to understand human behavior is called what.
Speaker 1: The Horoscope people astrologist.
Speaker 3: The Bikini made its debut in which decade.
Speaker 1: I'm Gonna Go Bikini was the fifties.
Speaker 3: I think it might be a close game here. We're gonna find out for sure when we go to the scoreboard with Jose. Check your patties, blanos.
Speaker 8: I'm not wearing any, all right, Steve, you got three correct.
Speaker 3: Solid and brook.
Speaker 8: You had to go over with the judges to see if we would give you one.
Speaker 4: And we did.
Speaker 2: Okay, also three, Oh, Steve, you know what's I does.
Speaker 3: Go to the house on this. Let's get the You're gonna get these answers in. Musician Miles dave Is born on this day, nineteen twenty six, famously played the trumpet NBC stands for National Broadcast Company, and he said corporation. So we did not see Yeah, you said corporation. Montero Lamar Hill is the real name of Lil Nass X.
Speaker 7: Terror.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was an album too, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: McDonald's best selling item is their French fries. They sell nine million pounds of fries each day.
Speaker 8: But I get see either your answers he said, nuggets, he said, big.
Speaker 4: Man, it's also good.
Speaker 3: Oh just made me hungry.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 3: The person who studies celestial objects understand human behavior is called an astrologer.
Speaker 4: And this was where the controversy was.
Speaker 8: But an astrologist is also used to describe it, so.
Speaker 3: Brooke got credit for that was the controversy, and the bikini made its debut. Steve remembers back in the nineteen forties, I won. Now unfortunely. We can't give you any money here, Steve, but just we're playing. You do get a fifty dollars gift card to Zeke's Pizza Homegrown in the Northwest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it, Steve.
Speaker 3: Do you want to ask Steve his favorite topic too? No, not that curious.
Speaker 2: What kind of fish do you want to catch this summer?
Speaker 7: Mhm, famine?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, salmon, somebody said, Paula River just came out, he said, phantom, And I'm like, whoa.
Speaker 3: Put that on your all right? Thank you, thank you, We love you, to love you back to do Windbrooks bout the same time on Monday
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning