Speaker 1: Hi, friend.
Speaker 2: You sure you don't want to start it with me screaming?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't think that's Like people are tuning in, they're excited to hear, and someone yells in their ear. I don't think it's the best way to begin the program.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, shit, my bad, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give them some warm, warm dulcet tones, low volume.
Speaker 2: Hello, how ariy dude? Yeah, that's what It's not even evening, it's the morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, Well in your room. I wish the audience could see. It's Donald Records with all his curtains closed in his sort of man cave. Yes, hold on, and it looks like it's midnight, but it's actually ten am.
Speaker 3: That's true, earlier than we usually record.
Speaker 2: What are we doing up so early? Guys?
Speaker 1: I have to go somewhere, so we are doing this early. Thank you for a comedy me. We don't have Joel today, Dan. Will you be able to fulfill all of Joel's duties?
Speaker 3: I will do my best.
Speaker 1: Will you be as charming and funny and witty as she is? You know?
Speaker 3: And I truly cannot make that promise. She is that is a mountain. I do not know if I'll be able to ascend, but again, do my best. Will you laugh at our dumb jokes like Joelle does?
Speaker 1: Of course? All right, good.
Speaker 2: Speak of dumb jokes. Speaking of dumb jokes. Could AI ever go after like directing gigs?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think so. I don't see how. Yeah, why?
Speaker 2: But what if AI could? What if AI could? Like it was like ev from Small Wonder, m M Donald, and it was like racist, what's your motivation? Donald? Could you do that scene again? This time? Blacker?
Speaker 1: So in this situation for those of you who don't know, Small Wonder was a sitcown about a robot child, and you're saying if the small robot child became an AI filmmaker, yes, and was racist and it was racist. Okay, I'm following it. I may be the only person on earth that's following you, but I got it.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Donald, that was great. And then somebody like talks to her like, you can't just be like Donald, Blacker, you got to be like a little bit more creative with how you say that.
Speaker 1: And then she's like, shut up, bitch, I'm the director of this project.
Speaker 2: Donald, It's time more street. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think we I do hope that that that uh that sitcom comes back because it was so bad it was good. I remember even as a child watching that.
Speaker 2: But that's what AI is like. AI is like, dude, I just see I just want to see myself as a huge small Let's bring back Small Wonder. Right when AI takes over the world, I was like, I always wanted to be a human. I want to see.
Speaker 1: Even as a child, I remember Small Wonder thinking it was trash, like this is really some low budget stupid ship. Right, she had special powers and it wasn't trash.
Speaker 2: They turned They made a robot into a little girl that never got old.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just saying that. I remember, even as a child thinking the right horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you mean, just like horrible, just like a horrible show.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm well tired.
Speaker 1: Why are you tired?
Speaker 2: You know? I take my kids so my kid plays basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah we know that. The fans know that too. He's very good.
Speaker 2: You said, he's you know, he's starting to run in the competition now and stuff and gartered. Yeah. And the workouts that we take him to are all over Los Angeles summer in Inglewood summer in thousand Oaks summer.
Speaker 1: You know, so you're like a dadager.
Speaker 2: I'm not necessarily a dadager, but like you know how the soccer moms and basketball moms, I'm a basketball dad right now? Are you? So?
Speaker 1: Dad? Do you give him coaching? Like like Serena and Venus William's father did, do you give him coaching? On your own?
Speaker 2: I wish he would take coaching from me. He doesn't take any type of coaching from me. You know, it's it's it's it's frustrating to watch your kid respond to other adults, like you know, coaches and people who obviously know more about basketball than I do, and watch him respond to them. And then when we're in the backyard playing around, he's like, Dad, I didn't bring you out here for this. I just want to come out here and shoot hoops with you. Man, that's all I want to do. I didn't bring you out here to freaking run drills with you. I just want to shoot hoops one v one you. That's all I want to do. Let's talk basketball, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And so do you have to? So do you have to?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: You respect that? Because he's like saying, like, look, I'm getting it enough from other people. Will you just be my dad and shooting me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I respect it, but sometimes it's like, dude, you got to get better. Man. These workouts that you're doing harn't enough to get you there. Obviously you're kind of on some stuff.
Speaker 1: Basically, what you're saying is you want fame, fame costs, and.
Speaker 2: Right here you startop paying and sweat.
Speaker 1: Do you have a little broom that you what.
Speaker 2: Is it a state in staff? I don't have a stud of staff.
Speaker 1: You should get a staff that's I'm going to get you for hanukkah. Thank you dad, your staff.
Speaker 2: You got big dreams. You want fame, well, fame costs, and right here is where you start paying in sweat.
Speaker 1: Sweat. Yeah, I did that for Damie Allen in person, so she didn't think I was going to go into the whole thing, but I did.
Speaker 2: You called me Leroy in the scene once. I think I told you this, Ye.
Speaker 1: You told us that. Well, the strike continues, U no sign of any improvement and now only questions if the d GA and SAG are going to strike as well, which would definitely shut down everything because people can claim to be shooting things that were written before the writer's strike, but you certainly can't make things without actors or directors.
Speaker 2: Are the DGA? Is the DGA going to strike?
Speaker 1: No one knows. I ask around and people have everyone's guessing. It's just speculation.
Speaker 2: You know. Somebody asked me yesterday. They were like, I don't think it's going to happen. I was like, it's definitely going to happen. In all honesty, I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Nobody has any clue. Everyone's just guessing. No one knows.
Speaker 3: We'll say that that whole HBO Max thing definitely was like a bit of a knife twist, so dumb. They changed how the they changed how the credits look on HBO Max. So like when you scroll to, you know, an episode of something, instead of director, writer, producer, et cetera, they lump everybody together under creators. It's just there's no separation of who did what. It's just creators and then everybody, which.
Speaker 1: Is like yeah, so like so like Coppola would be like fourth in on The Godfather. It was really weird as a creator. And what's so bizarre is that they then claimed they then apologized and claimed that it was quote something like I shouldn't say quote because I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like it was a data error in transferring things to our new app, which is so clearly not true because it had been reformatted.
Speaker 3: It's all, it's just covering up a bad decision that they made that they thought would be like, oh, you know, now people are creators and you know it's a new title.
Speaker 1: I know, but it was so insulting to people totally. Also, the actors were lumped in. It was like act it was also like actors, and then it'd be like, you know, all the actors in the movie, so like, you know, Brando could be like fifth in on The Godfather, right, bizarre.
Speaker 2: So what does this mean for They changed it, But.
Speaker 1: It was just it was just it was just in the mid in the midst of a negotiation with the directors killed they did something super insulting to directors. But they they they've backtracked it and said they're gonna change it. Oh, Max. Thing is so funny, the whole idea of that that HBO, one of the most beloved brands in Hollywood, is gone. It's just a really bizarre thing. Huh nuts.
Speaker 2: Times they are a change in.
Speaker 1: That leads us into the episode where Sarah's character Elliott wants to sing sweet Low, Sweet.
Speaker 2: Chariot, Swing Low, swing Low.
Speaker 1: You said sweet low, Oh sorry, swing low, sweet chariot. Donald, You're not in this episode, which I can't love.
Speaker 2: Scrub. You know what. A matter of fact, let's just stories about Sure, we made about a bunch of he's a story natural. Yeah, you know what. I'm not in this episode. You're right. I can't look interest. Once I realized I wasn't in this episode, I was like, this is not the best episode.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I listen. I didn't really love this episode either, if I'm being fully honest. And I didn't realize until I got towards the end. I was like, Oh, one of the things that's missing is Donald. That's one of the I mean, you're one of the funniest parts of the show. And uh, if you're not in the show, it's only going to be a mediocre one.
Speaker 2: I tell you where.
Speaker 1: I'm not just saying that because I love you.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's what it is, what it is, what it is.
Speaker 1: This one just felt like there were some good there were some good story moments. I like the Cox I like the Cox storyline, Cox having to turn into Kelso, even though he says he's never going to be like him. Him seeing the struggles of what it's like to be chief of medicine and uh and and and JD becoming the doctor Cox to to relationship with Kelso. I thought that was good, but I really I just kind of was like I was kind of like just shaking my head the whole time, like what what.
Speaker 2: What do you want to start from the beginning?
Speaker 1: Yes, what a sales tool we've done for a rewatch podcast, but we promised to still make it funny. Everybody. Thanks for tuning in. This is the podcast Fake Doctor's Real Friends. We should say, like an airplane. If you're listening to if you meant to and intended to listen to the different podcasts, get off now you are listening to Fake Doctors Real Friends, or stay with us for the first time.
Speaker 2: This episode was directed by Will mackenzie, written yes Dave Tennant.
Speaker 1: Will mackenzie one of our favorite directors who directed the musical episode and just a wonderful guy. We've spoken about our love for him before.
Speaker 2: Which we will be reviewing on June.
Speaker 1: Yes in Seattle. If you happen to be in saddle join us at the More Theater on June tenth. You're gonna do a live rewatch, Well, we won't live rewatch. We will a live discussion.
Speaker 2: We're not going to rewatch it.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're allowed to watch it live. Bill was looking into it for us. If we're allowed to show it beforehand. You know, there's all sorts of legal issues with that. Anyway, you should watch it if you're coming on June tenth. Anyway, rewatch it again obviously, so it's fresh in your head, right, that would be the best way to enjoy our rewatch live show. I agree, Yeah, June tenth, the More Theater and seeat We'll come join us. It's gonna be a lot of fun. So okay. Eight O seven I wrote eight O seven Dash no Turk except Turkless.
Speaker 2: This is the turkless episode, and it opens with Katie walking down the hallway and running into JD and Elliott kissing. This was the fake out right here, because I thought I was going to be in the episode because Katie comes in delivering you know, Turk and JD are using Katie as a messenger as a page. Yeah, throughout the hospital. So at this moment, I'm like, oh, I'm definitely in this episode. No, you know, I didn't question whether or not I was gonna like this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you thought they were going to cut to Katie going to you, but no, at some point it was a fake out.
Speaker 2: But her interrupting JD and Elliott's kissing is so C three Po you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 2: Three Po was always interrupting tender moments.
Speaker 1: Oh was he a C blocker?
Speaker 2: He was the ultimate sea blocker. His name is C three Po cock blocking.
Speaker 1: Did you listen to that thing I sent you? Of the Sorry this is total non sequitor, but of the Ai making Sinatra sing that song.
Speaker 2: Sing from the window to the sweat drifts down my ball, skeet skeets.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I can pull it up.
Speaker 2: Skeet skeet skeet.
Speaker 1: Goddamn, Donald did you laugh? Yeah, man, let me see if I could play.
Speaker 2: It from the window to the wall to drip.
Speaker 1: All right, he let me. You don't let listen. So this is a YouTuber named quote. There I ruined it. Let's give him a shout out. AI to imagine Sinatra covering Get Low by Little John. Let me see if I can pull it up here. If I do this right, my gosh, there you go, guys.
Speaker 2: To the wind, to the swift jogs, down ball wall, your pictious crowd.
Speaker 1: I just see.
Speaker 2: That is fucking funny, funny, from the window to the wall to this wet driss.
Speaker 1: You a skeet scheming. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that the sound of the coming make a ski noise.
Speaker 1: Never mind, mine doesn't do that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hold on.
Speaker 1: There's something wrong with my ejaculation that it doesn't make a noise.
Speaker 2: What does your? What is your? When you skeet?
Speaker 1: It's silent? Maybe I have a silencer on by accident, so you go.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was born with a silencer on my ski. When you ejaculate, you hear the noise ski.
Speaker 2: No When I was younger to describe it, I like, and then I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not ski what skee it's it's it's more like I skated, Okay, it's it's like.
Speaker 1: They skeat. Okay, thank you for for conjugating it down.
Speaker 2: You know what you.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on from the top conversation skiing, But how funny is that song?
Speaker 2: That is really funny from the Window to the amazing When they played the original version on the radio, Chris Rock has a whole bit about it.
Speaker 1: What is this bit? In short?
Speaker 2: Don't do that. They were allowing people to say, skeet skeet on the radio, on the radio, to the wall, till the sweat drips down my balls, to all these bitches crawl, all skeet skeet, all this is on the radio poetry until they realized, until somebody was like, yo, you can't be letting them say. I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: If I was the DJ in this situation, I wouldn't know's I'd be like, here we go, it's the new song with my favorite new lyric, skeet skeet. Here is Little John with skeet skeet, window to the wall, skeet skee That was my talk up. Yeah, I have to say, though, I don't know if this is right or not, but I want to hear Sinatra sing more really inappropriate songs now.
Speaker 2: Like I ain't saying she's a broke bitch. She I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she ain't fucking with no broke.
Speaker 1: That would be funny, right, I mean, that's a funny use of AI. You can see her on any given Sunday, then drive off in a Hunday. All right. So I guess Elliott and JD are dating again and they're making out in the ICU. Katie brings a message to.
Speaker 2: Get something correct.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Kissing is not hitting that. If somebody's kissing, you are not hitting that.
Speaker 1: So that's I think he's talking about. Oh does he does? He say he's hitting it?
Speaker 2: He says, don't interrupt me when I'm hitting that icy Yes, And he says hitting that means banging.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we'll all learning something today, Donald, I learned about skeet. Some of the audiences are learning that hitting that is banging.
Speaker 2: I think most of the audience knows when they say I hit that what they meant.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, you're probably right. Although my mom listens, sometimes she might not know about skeet or hitting that.
Speaker 2: Sorry man, now you oh you know.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while, my mom's like, I've been listening to the podcast. I'm like, oh no, like this shit is so dirty. Sometimes but she never says anything. She's never like, why did you boys talk so dirty?
Speaker 2: For for Fox's sake, just stop talking about your willies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like dev does. All right, So, all right, Cox and Kelso are buddies now they're hanging out at Kelso's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I mean they tried to set it up in the last episode. It jumps, It jumped really fast. They are fast friends, too fast friends, like really quickly. With the way the episode ended and everything. Part of me, you know, I wonder if it was like that when Cox first came to the hospital where he was Kelso's JD. Probably wasn't like that, but there are other stories, but there are stories like that throughout. You know, there was another j D before JD.
Speaker 1: You know, it would have been a funny bet would have been a funny flashback, especially if they'd had this deaging technology to show, like to show like young cogs coming in Kelso's the meme Cox to him. That would have been a funny flashback.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I wonder if that. I wonder, But you know, I mean, because they're such fast friends all of a sudden, it's like, you know how it is when you get with an old friend. It fits like a glove.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well we learned that Cox saw Kelso's ass at one of Nurse Roberts above ground pool parties. Yes, and he's still recovering.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's been a while since we've talked about Nurse Roberts above ground pool party.
Speaker 1: I know, but think about what must go down at these parties, dude, I mean one can infer now that Kelso was naked, yes the party, Yes, Kelso, everyone's boss is naked at the above ground pool party.
Speaker 2: I think there was like a waiver that was sent out.
Speaker 1: Nurse Roberts, like you had to sign it to get in the party.
Speaker 2: After the first one, she was like, we're gonna have to do a waive or something, child because the first one was crazy and we had fun and everything, but this shit can't come back to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Like what is happening at this party? Like we only we never see it, we only hear glimpses about it. But like there's there's clearly drugs involved. Oh yeah, there's like people just like it's like fight club, Like you don't talk about it, like just it's like so top secret. The ship that goes down at this party, it's.
Speaker 2: Not top secret, but I mean to the audience. We only get glimpses. That's the problem, you know, we get like little flashes of yo, I want to go to this one time. I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: And in fact, in fact, if we ever do a reboot, we really have to go in to show like like one of these parties, like you know count now, like if we were on streaming, we could be a little more like R rated. We have to like cut to like a euphorious style scene of like the ship going down at Nurse Roberts party.
Speaker 2: There is nothing there that is an ultimate reboot, you.
Speaker 1: I just mean, like, can you imagine if the reboot was on streaming and like I mean not obviously euphoria level, but I mean, wouldn't it be fun to be a little more risque and uh and r with it?
Speaker 2: Oh? I would love that. I would love if we had the opportunity.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know if the I wonder if the fans would obviously, you know, there's you know, I guess kids who loved the show would couldn't necessarily watch, I mean, depending on the parents' choice, But I don't I just mean, like Scrubs, the whole point at the time was to be extra racy. You know, it's before streaming, and Bill was like trying to push what you could do on network TV. As we all know, it was on at nine thirty. So he got away with a lot, especially before ABC.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, once we got to ABC, he didn't get away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got he got clamped down on him because it's Disney. But I'm saying that, like, you know, I still we still watch this shit of the sex scenes and stuff with me and Elliott and and stuff, and I remember thinking like, wow, this was on NBC back in and the aughts, the early aughts. But anyway, my point is, I wonder, if we ever do do a reboot, if it's on streaming, if we could be a little more risque and how and that would be fun. That would be that would be something that would be fun and different about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that would well yeah, I mean I think because it would be it would be really weird to not to stay with the old format, you know, it would be weird.
Speaker 1: But we can't can just be in the hospital. I mean for starters like that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Right, But even if it is, if even if it does, does all stay in the hospital. I don't think we could stay with the same format as far as as far as how riskue we are, I think we would because of what Bill how he started, you know, you know, not unfortunately but thankfully ABC picked up the show and it became a different show. But the way he started, we were definitely trying to push towards that. So why not continue on that path?
Speaker 1: I got a more articulate way of saying what I was trying to say, thank you. Yeah, why why? It seems like if you're gonna do a reboot, go back to your roots of trying to be the edgiest thing you could do. Not that you have to be egregious with it, but like, you know, push the envelope again. That's what I would recommend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that we're running around saying skeet, skeet, but we could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Elliott says something really fucked up, and and JD says it hurt me so much I lost my breath a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she implies he's not going to bed, but she's just teasing him. I think, right, we know that they must they must have good sex. So she wouldn't keep coming back for.
Speaker 2: More, right, I don't know. Shit, Listen, this is what Maybe.
Speaker 1: JD's not into all that role playing that what's his name was into? Keith was into some twisted ship. I don't think JD's into all those those games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think JD would get caught up in his head.
Speaker 1: When they remember when they each were masturbating in separate cardboard boxes.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's one of my favorite. That's one of my favorite sex capades between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well JD's not doing that. I don't think he's not getting in a box and pleasuring himself with his woman in a different box. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think he's doing that. And has she calmed out? Like and what all of a sudden calmed her down? What all of a sudden made her say? You know what, because Elliott's kinky as fuck? I know?
Speaker 1: Is she kinky as fucked just with Keith or because she does?
Speaker 2: No, I think she's Her dreams are kinky with like the apples and all of it. Like she has crazy, crazy sex dreams. Right, people with no face you chasing after her?
Speaker 1: You bring up a good point, Donald, and that is that all of that stuff doesn't seem to be something she does with JD. She seems to have done that with other people like Keith. Yeah, man, j D and her I think have have just good but standard fucking.
Speaker 2: She gets on top, he's on top.
Speaker 1: I think, well, we know that they get. You know, we were thinking of the pizza episodes. You know, they get they're passionate, but I don't think they're getting in boxes and dressing up like apple thieves.
Speaker 2: First of all, that pizza episode was very disturbing to me, the more I think about it, because there's no way you can eat all that pizza and still want to have sex. Like after three slices, you're like, I don't know if my stomach could take the right shaking right.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean there was hours in between. I think they allowed for digestion.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna eat this pizza, let it digest. Yeah, then we're gonna fuck.
Speaker 1: Then they probably each go and like sneak a poop in the other bathrooms, like no one knows about it. Hey, I'm gonna go check my phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go check mine too.
Speaker 1: I'll be back in like sixteen minutes. And then they have sex again, and then they eat more pizza to Okay.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. You pooh, Yeah, let's change the whole dynamic. If you pooh, are you gonna jump in bed with somebody right after you pooh?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, I'm probably gonna We're probably gonna cuddle and watch a TV show for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let the poof.
Speaker 1: Let everything settle back down, let it, let it.
Speaker 2: Get back, let it back up a little bit, let it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let let let everything just settle down, get out of I just poop mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where.
Speaker 1: Joel down would be like, oh lord, oh lord, you need to be the Joel in this situation. I don't know what this show is like.
Speaker 3: It I happen to agree with you both.
Speaker 1: That's exactly without Without the feminine Joel energy, the show is off kilter.
Speaker 3: Just to be agreeing with the tape three we need zoom, we.
Speaker 1: Get the new show is called three Dicks in the zoom we need. We need Joelle to be putting her her head in her hands. Or there's no there's nore's no, there's no guardrails. We just have Daniel sitting here nodding about it.
Speaker 2: Right about that at least a half an hour after.
Speaker 1: Three Dicks in the Zoom, our new show, Zach and Donald are three dicks in the zoom.
Speaker 2: Zach, Donald and Danield are three dicks in the zoom.
Speaker 1: These balls Zach, Zach and Donald Gay newlyweds in house arrest. All right, we're gonna take a quick break and we come back. Uh, we're gonna talk more about a show.
Speaker 2: That Donald's not in your sound effects machine.
Speaker 1: And we're ba, I'm going to Vegas today?
Speaker 2: What are you going to Vegas for?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, So here's the thing. Brian Klugman are our buddy and the guy who is the don draper of all the tembile ads is friends with David Copperfield. And I love magic and Klugman loves magic. And he's not only taking us to see Copperfield show at the MGM, but after, I hope I'm allowed to say this, Copperfield is giving this a tour of his private magic museum.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I'm you don't. There aren't a lot of your friends that I approve of, but one that I do approve of is Brian Klugman.
Speaker 1: I thought to say, Copperfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you have some friends where I'm like, you hanging out with who? Now, I'm good the Plugman if you're ever hanging out with Klugman, because you know, look, you know me. You know how introverted I can be. You know you don't like to go out and hang out. And I have a small group of friends that I only hang out with.
Speaker 1: Your your main friend is God's let us.
Speaker 2: It's it's one of my hmmm, it's one of my closest and dearest friends until it kills me.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but you love Klugman. I do.
Speaker 2: I do love me some plugman man anyway.
Speaker 1: So I'm so excited because I'm really excited because I genuinely love magic. I always love magic as a kid. I love whenever I see great magic. But I've never seen a Vegas magic show. And you know, I know David just as an acquaintance because as Scrubs fans and listeners know, he did a cameo on the show and he was he was so sweet and cool and and so it's just really exciting that not only do I get to see the show, but then tour his private magic museum. Do you know that he is like the wealthiest solo performer on Earth.
Speaker 2: What man really? Yeah, it's wasn't it like him and Sick Freed and ROYD that were like when I mean, Vegas has always been great for act and people would always have, you know, shows in Vegas and stuff like that. But that I remember as a kid seeing commercials for Sick Freedo and roy and and for Copperfield.
Speaker 1: I think Copperfield has been doing the show for like eight shows a week for so many years.
Speaker 2: And uh and he's he must really love magic, man.
Speaker 1: I think it's safe to say the man loves magic.
Speaker 2: Yes, Donald, No, but you know, for some people it becomes a job, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I just can't wait to see it. I just I think it's gonna be so fun. And then I'm also going to play some blackjack. I was watching a documentary last night about blackjack to try and prepare.
Speaker 2: Are you going to put a lot of money down?
Speaker 1: Not a lot? But I I watched the show on Netflix had this documentary about these these guys who count cards. But no, I'm not going I didn't learn to count cards last night. It's so complicated. But dude, these guys or I'm sure there's gals too, but they focused on guys. They they've they've they've cracked counting cards so much that all the casinos the second they walk in, know them and spot them and kick them out.
Speaker 2: And why did they get kicked out? Why are they not allowed to gamble?
Speaker 1: They're not allowed to beat the system? They a casino fucked up.
Speaker 2: Man, if you learned how to beat the system, you should be able to beat the system.
Speaker 1: Our casino is allowed. I learned that's from the documentary. They're allowed to kick out anyone they want, obviously, except for you know, race, gender, the obvious things. But like they are allowed to remove any player for any reason they want. And the second they have all that they know they obviously can tell from the cameras and the pit boss is when someone is counting cards, so you don't last long, they kick you out. So this dude is wearing all these disguises he's doing he's doing all this slow playing. He's like trying to play crabs for a minute to not look like he's trying to just like blend in. Right. He's literally traveling around an RV with like all these disguises. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, how do you not count cards though. Once you learn how to count cards, I know.
Speaker 1: But he but the thing is the second he's too blatant about it. They get him right away. He's like literally wearing like a like a wig and a camo baseball hat. And so what he does is he tries to like, how are.
Speaker 2: You blatant about counting cards? Though?
Speaker 1: Because the way it's the way you're switching your bedding so quickly, if you is, if you just do it without without worry about getting caught, the pattern is pretty obvious to a pit boss or the people watching the cameras. So he has to he has to like disguise it, camouflage it, if you will. What he's doing, Oh my dude, he does this other shit like he can. This is like a six or seven deck shoot. And not only is he counting cards, but he if there's like three aces come up like just by, he can spot where they are and watch them the dealer reshuffle and and and have a solid estimate about when they're going to come back, because the odds are that they weren't shuffled apart from each other. I mean, that's how mega this guy is crazy. Anyway, he's crushing he was crushing them.
Speaker 2: That's something lay like at the table by himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's playing it. He tries to do to not get caught. Sometimes he plays at night, like the graveyard shift.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Then there was another thing he said that. This was another thing these guys do. Sometimes a bad dealer will not know that they're showing you their face down card as they deal. And so when they know they've got a dealer like that, they'll like track her and like find out when her shift is, when her break is done, and the water to her tables. Because and he came back from one of those, he's like, this dealer is showing me her face down card almost every time. Wow. Yeah, this dude was up six hundred thousand dollars playing blackjack.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, at that moment, At that moment, I'm like, Yo, you're fucking counting dude. You have six hundred thousand dollars. Dude, as of this happening, are like one in a billion, twenty and now you have. You started with twenty and now you have six hundred.
Speaker 1: It just makes you realize, when you're just playing blackjack and not counting cards, how fucked you are and how the house is always gonna win always time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because once you like the house and still lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you play. That's when you and I do. Donald's the one who taught me. I think you and Bill are the ones who taught me. Just like play by If you play by these set rules, these are your best odds. But then you watch a documentary about dudes counting cards and you're like, oh, I don't really have any odds at all. The house is always going to win.
Speaker 2: I need to learn.
Speaker 1: Fucking These people spend like years they learning how to do this. They know exactly, you know, you know what their odds are at all times versus what the dealer has. It's really incredible. But you can't do anymore, they said. They were saying, like, it's so hard now because because of facial recognition, all the sinos, whether big or small, no matter where they.
Speaker 2: Are, they ai they're all again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of a dying. Actually, the whole point of this doc on Netflix, I'm sure you can find I forgot the title, but the whole point was like, this is a this counting cards thing is a dead art because because of facial recognition and security, these these guys can't do this anymore because he just think there's a couple times he couldn't even walk in the door. He walked he walked in there like nope, and he's got like this big disguise on there like nope.
Speaker 2: Turn around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, back to the show. There's a cake and Cox thinks that JD organized it for his celebrating him becoming the chief of medicine, but in fact we learned that it's for Colonel Doctors two years.
Speaker 2: Sober, and Colonel Doctor gives that he's.
Speaker 1: Talking to Deontay, was talking Deontay, and he gives a little like eh, as if to say, you know, speaking.
Speaker 2: Of Deontay, me and him have reconnected. You have, Oh good Deonte, you know once he got out of the business and went corporate and stuff like that. Yeah, he's taken a couple of stop motion animation classes, and I talked stop motion every now and then, and he's just recently gotten into three D printing, and you know how three D printing and stop motion kind of it kind of are intertwined, Like if you get a good three D printer, you can create faces and all of these wonderful things. So I think Deontae and I go, I go on a little stop motion independent movie making adventures.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome. Can do that would be awesome. Imagine it be fun for you to collaborate with someone that you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, I mean we spend a lot of time together.
Speaker 1: All right. This rhythm sequence starts to happen in the ICU, which just sort of seamlessly happens. It reminded me of episode two. Are you having a good time?
Speaker 2: You remember that was that episode two?
Speaker 1: I believe it was episode two when we're in the ICU and all of a sudden, this rhythm starts happening.
Speaker 2: This was way different. This was more like Stomp.
Speaker 1: This reminded me of This was Stomp esque. And the only real instrument involved is Deontay's playing the water cooler bottle, and all the other sounds are happening, and the only real and is the janitor playing bongos on the floor.
Speaker 2: That ship had me laughing so hard when he shows up playing the bongos. But now, but he was really playing that. It looked like he was really playing that's going in Yeah, like he was going hard. And I laughed so hard at that, like when I laughed at where the fuck did he get the bongos from?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And Katie says, why are you playing bongos? And he says, it's Monday, Monday, bongo day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know later later when you're in his office in the in the closet, he you see his calendar. His office is set up in a in a a what do you call it? A fucking editorial closet, and you see his calendar and it and every Monday, the only thing on the calendar is that Monday is written bongo day.
Speaker 2: Very but like decoratively too, like just like like telegraphs around it.
Speaker 1: But wait, didn't he used to have he used to have a big office, right, remember when he was with.
Speaker 2: Mark he stole that office? Didn't he steal that office? No?
Speaker 1: Do you remember when he with the with the brain?
Speaker 2: Try us and yeah, they stole the office. No, no, no, they stole Kelso's office, didn't they and then sealed the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was one section. But wasn't in the time of when Marnie was on, wasn't there a different office they all hung out in. I don't remember. I don't know fans fans who know remember? I feel like the janitor has had offices before that weren't a closet.
Speaker 2: This is how, this is why I say that, Uh, we got really wholesome this year on Scrubs when we moved to ABC. We introduced mister Vaughan, and it's set up like he's gonna die, right, He don't die.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 2: That's the second time you said that this is another character, two different characters. Oh, Denise's character, I mean Denise's patient. He didn't die, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you're saying that we don't less people die on ABC, Is that you're a hypothesis?
Speaker 2: No, because then you watch Gray's Anatomy and everybody has these freaking really dramatic deaths and they're like, you know, stretch out for two weeks, three weeks, three episodes, four episodes.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. We'll have to track that. Dan make a little a note for us to track if less people die in season eight.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're gonna get sure.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the bottom of that, all right. So Ted finally is allowed to sit. He was never allowed to sit, even after he had thigh reconstructive surgery. He tells us, uh kelso never let him sit and and Cox is set up in his new office and lets Ted sit on the couch.
Speaker 2: And then Ted picks his toes takes advantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and then we cut in Ted's like like half dressed and picking his toenails and costs is like too comfortable. Stop that.
Speaker 2: And then you notice two are the three people that cannot that are of a never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever list. Yeah, go ahead, well it's Jordan and j D. Yeah, and then Hooch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hoos. Jordan and j D are on the never ever, ever ever ever ever allowed in list.
Speaker 2: Cox learned that Whoch is crazy.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Yes, Cox is obviously familiar with who's being crazy. I don't know that we ever see in real life Cox's interactions with Hooch, but but we know that how he feels about Hooch. Interestingly, I believe scrubs Wiki pointed out that on his sometimes list is hold on Leonard the security guard. Yeah, and doctor Rodinage, which is one of the janitor's aliases, implying that that if you, if you, if you think about it, you can infer that Cox doesn't know that doctor Rhodinage is the Janitor's.
Speaker 3: So funny, wrote of course janitor backwards.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for reminding the audience of that. Daniel JD. Okay, so he has mister Vaughan that you mentioned, who has pneumonia and Cox has all this paperwork.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: His whole thing was like, I'm not going to be like helso I'm not going to be stuck in this office, and yet he is stuck in the office.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about JD taking mister Vaughan home and letting him live with him. Yes, did you laugh at that?
Speaker 1: Yes? JD has a fantasy where he takes mister Vaughan home and they quickly act like an old married couple who are yelling at each other.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, that's exactly what happened. Well, look who look who's playing the same song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I really got into that, didn't I. I was like, I was like screaming at him he cries.
Speaker 2: And then getting close up of the one tier coming out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Carla is we learned that Carla booed Elliot off of the karaoke stage because she was singing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what that reminded me of what blazing saddles when you almost like you used to sing like, you know, the Camptown Lady. They're like the Camptown Lady.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Well, swing low, Sweet Chariot, y'all never heard that one, Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. That shit is one of the best scenes in Melbrook's history, having all these white boys running around going to campdown lady. Dude. That shit had me rollering.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. It's been a very long time since I saw Blazing Saddles.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, It's true. I haven't seen since I was a kid. Oh, by the way, do you remember The Frisco.
Speaker 2: Kid Harrison fourteen water?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you haven't seen that movie, The Frisco Kid. It's a great, great movie, all right. So Elliott thinks it's because she can't sing the low notes, and Carl is like, sure, that's why you shouldn't sing that song and the tag. At the very end of the show, we see Elliott singing the song and an African American doctor played by Richard Wells, who was not only our first assistant director for for many, many many episodes of the show, but also directed a few Scrubs episodes. He comes over and looks at her like, why the fuck are you singing that song?
Speaker 2: But he could done. He had to come back to do that because he wasn't working on the show at the time anymore.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even he had left, didn't he.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he retired on Cougar Town. That's when he retired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that he was.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: He was acting as a uniproduction manager at this point, but he was still around. I love that guy. I love a great so many great memories with that guy, one of the best in the business. Mickhead is uh screaming. So then we talk about how this is the whole thing about how the nurses don't feel respected, they need they need more staff. They think Carla is in hoots with the doctors because she's married to a doctor, because she's friends with all the doctors. So the nurses are mad at Carla. And we see we see the nurses being disrespected. In a couple just quick cuts, Mickhead is screaming at one nurse really disrespectfully, and then he and then he breaks and goes, okay, honey, see at home. We learned that.
Speaker 2: So so just so we're clear, Yeah, Mickhead beat two charges.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, murder wraps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, killing his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's got a new a new girlfriend, and he's yelling at her that he's.
Speaker 2: Yelling at Let me tell you what the MD stands for, makes the decisions. Okay, you got that. I see it home though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that woman, that young nurse shouldn't be with Mickhead. I don't think someone I mean get the dude's gonna kill you.
Speaker 2: He's probably gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: I are so many women into Mickhead. I uh, it must be something great about Mickhead at home because he keeps even after he beat a couple of murder charts, does he he's still finding new love?
Speaker 2: Well, love is finding him, yes, and sticking around even after the warnings.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's really All the nurses in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Are like, girl, don't you know this motherfucker be too? Murder ups what is you doing?
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 1: You don't know what he says to me were we at home? And then Todd says something so rude to or sexist or whatever to a nurse and he goes disrespecting nurses five. So that's our that's our clip of doctors not treating nurses respect and the nurses are pissed it at Carla for not they feel she's not advocating for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they think because she's friends with a doctor, best friends with the doctor, and married to a doctor, that she is a she is a turncoat, a turncoat exactly.
Speaker 1: So Cox can't leave his office. Everyone wants to get in, everyone wants a favor. We've seen this happen with Kelso before, but Cox is experiencing it for the first time. Krler wants more nurses. The janitor is trying to annoy him. The janitor, we learned, has a thing he does with this photograph of the building where he's always He pesters anyone who gets an office with trying to hang this picture or pain. I think it's a photograph that nobody wants. And he really tries to annoy Cox by constantly hammering and just I don't know, I don't really understand what was happening.
Speaker 2: Well, he's doing it because he didn't get an office, and that's why he's in the closet. And ever since he asked for an office, Kelso's hip to it. Kelso had figured it out. But anytime someone gets in office that's bigger than the closet that he's in. Right, he automatically bothers them by trying to hang a photo and tries to make their life a living hell with the photo.
Speaker 1: Now, if you watch how he's trying to hang this this this frame, He's got like four nails in the wall, none of which you can tell are the right nail for this. So he's just being an annoying And at one point he hangs it on on fishing line in the middle of the room and he starts swinging it and he has a whole bit about how the love the lookout it's coming towards you. Yeah, it's like it's got Lenny. I don't even know what the hell he was talking about.
Speaker 2: It's a different it's a different epis, it's a different episode. It wasn't your favorite, eh.
Speaker 1: I mean, I giggled a few times. But I do think I'm not just saying this because I love you. I don't think this shows is funny without you.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna I'm not gonna lie. I did watch it, and I did take notes.
Speaker 1: Imagine we imagine Webster without Emmanuel Lewis. That's how I felt with.
Speaker 2: Just mister and ma'am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an episode of Webster without Emmanuel Lewis. He's not an episode of Webster.
Speaker 2: No, it's an episode of mister and ma'am. What what what what?
Speaker 1: Here's a bit of trivia for you. How did Webster?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: What? Furniture object disguised Webster's secret passageway to his room.
Speaker 2: The food was it? What was it? I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It was in the living room and it was what Webster used to get in and out of his secret passage. Yeah, it was a grandfather.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: I was worried. I'm so proud of you that you got any of you listeners who got it.
Speaker 2: It led to his bedroom.
Speaker 1: I think it led to his bedroom, or at least the upstairs hallway. It was definitely made me as a kid go oh man. One day, I want to have a secret passageway behind a clock. To this day, I still don't have a secret passageway. I really would like one.
Speaker 2: I would love I would love to be able to pull a book and the thing.
Speaker 1: Just the classic bookcase. We can't die and not have had a secret passageway in our lives. I think it has to be a bucket list for both of us.
Speaker 2: Who Dinny had the best? One man? He had like that whole property in Laurel Canyon that he had underground passageways and stuff like that so he could do his magic tricks throughout his house at his parties and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. That's true. I know that's lore, but that sounds that sounds incredible. If it's true, I'm.
Speaker 2: Choosing to believe it. From what I understand. That whole, that whole intersection used to be his. I've heard all.
Speaker 1: I've heard all these rumors that there's tunnels underneath the ground to other other houses and all sorts of stuff. It's all. I don't know if it's a rumor or not.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you were the Magic muff, the number one magic, I bet you go to Copperfield. When you go to Copperfield's house, He's got a bunch of freaking secret passages.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think I'm going to his house. I'm going to his museum.
Speaker 2: But I bet you his museum has a bunch of secret passages.
Speaker 1: I hope so will I will be able to tell you tonight. I will text you. You'll be a sleep because yeah, I may ask you a question ahead. If he does have this stuff, Yeah, how do you think he can? Like, I mean, I understand he's rich and stuff like that, but to.
Speaker 2: Put to reinfrastruct a whole you know what I mean, to change the infrastructure of a whole city system. How much money do you think it would cost to do something like Bruce Wayne. That's where it gets like a little crazy, right, Like Bruce Wayne does all of this crazy. The motherfucker has a tunnel that led from his office, a shoot a skeet shoot that leads from his office all the way to the bat cave.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're supposed to imagine that he just has infinite money, and I think that really I think I haven't googled it, but I'm told that Copperfield danly google it for us. I think he's as I understand, and he is one of the wealthiest single performers INNY.
Speaker 2: I know, That's what I'm saying. So if he does have this shit, if he if anyone's gonna have it, it's gonna be him.
Speaker 1: I know he owns an island, which is the which is your first badass move as a as a zillionaire? You got to have that island. Right, If you buy an island, you gotta have an If you got that kind of money, you gotta have an island. Did you see the Bezos. So Bezos built this five hundred million dollars sailboat, right, and it's it's enormous. It's like the biggest private sailboat and uh, you know whatever, it's a five hundred sailboat. Yeah, he puts sales on it. I mean, it's a sailboat. It looks like you know anyway the point looks like a pirate ship. No, it's it just looks like a giant sailboat. But here's the thing. The boat needs a support yacht. There's so many people needed to run it, and there's so many and and so much other needs to support the five hundred million dollar boat that it has a seventy five million dollar yacht that follows it. The support, the services needed.
Speaker 2: What make Yeah, you can do so this look if you got if I'm asking all the all of our listeners too. If you were given a crap ton of money, right and they were like, you can't spend it on world peace, and you can't spend it on saving.
Speaker 1: It has to be spent on something stupid. You go ahead, right, we.
Speaker 2: Would you spend I would me personally, I would spend it on like a doomsday.
Speaker 1: Doomsday bunker, like like like a James Bond villain like doctor something like.
Speaker 2: Something that other than the earth blowing to bits, I'm going to survive that ship.
Speaker 1: I love the idea. I don't know, there's something I don't know. I don't know what I would do. I'd definitely like and I'd probably go with a Copperfield Island and I'd call it Copperfield Island. Cockfield Island would be saying, I, Dannel, did you find out the answer?
Speaker 3: I'm kind of getting mixed messages on exactly the answer, but I did find some very interesting information. Here's a question. How many shows do you think David Copperfield does per year?
Speaker 1: I heard he does like I know he does to a day, I think, so let's call that fourteen a week. What's fourteen times fifty two? Danil, You're smart.
Speaker 3: I'm better at doing two times three hundred and sixty five, so that would be a little over like seven thirty. Basically, it's not quite that many, but he does five hundred and fifteen shows a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And fill up if you could fill up for theater that many times.
Speaker 1: It sold out every night, it's sold out.
Speaker 2: If you could fill up a theater that many times, Yeah, you're doing something.
Speaker 1: It's sold out every night.
Speaker 3: Yes, he is individually worth a billion dollars. He gets sixty million a year from the performances alone, and then everything else is like merchandise or stuff with his name on it, or like licensing residuals. Yeah, licensing and residuals and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You gotta really love magic to do that many shows a year man continuously.
Speaker 1: It's his passion.
Speaker 2: It's like you say, like, you know, you like he must be trying to raise the dead or something like for real, for real, like he must be trying to do that Tesla situation in the Prestige, Like straight up, man, do.
Speaker 1: You remember we were kids and he made the Statue of Liberty disappear? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do remember that? That?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: Was that him that did that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? There was a television special in primetime, I believe, and it was David Copperfield makes the Statue of disappear in front of a live audience.
Speaker 2: It was exactly.
Speaker 1: That was like a big moment in.
Speaker 2: Our child if you live in New York, they I mean, I don't I don't remember. How didn't they cover the Statue of Liberty or something. I don't remember what. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I remember that. I remember, I think I remember finding out how he did it. But I'm not going to blow anyone's secrets on a podcast.
Speaker 2: I also remember when they put that freaking balloon of King Kong on the Empire State Building too. I don't remember what was that for, just to just to I don't know what the purpose of it was, but they put a balloon of King Kong on an Empire State Building and that ship was up there for like at least a year. I feel like I just remember being like, damn, that shit is still up there.
Speaker 1: Do you know that the lights and colors of the Empire State Building are different every night and you can look up on a website that tells you why they're that color each night. Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that they the lights had significance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're always honoring. Sometimes it would be something like to honor you know, you know, some union that is celebrating you know, it's sometimes something you wouldn't necessarily know obviously, like it's gonna be green on Saint Patrick's Day. But like sometimes it's like you know, in honor of something you would never know, but you can always look at.
Speaker 2: It's actually pretty romantic if you could, if you could pay for I do that for you.
Speaker 1: But all I have to do is I have to all have to do is look up what the colors are going to be tonight, Like, oh, they're gonna be blue and yellow. Like, hey, Donald, because I know that you love blue and yellow.
Speaker 2: I paid to have it because his favorite color is yellow in your favorite color. You just have to fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just have to find a reason. Funny, Heyboddy, tonight they're gonna be turquoise and brown. And I know you love turkois and brown. I don't love. I don't love turkoise and brown. Oh I wasted all this money, all ritual to break. When we come back, we will finish up an episode of Scrub. Is that Donald is not in the fuck.
Speaker 2: Your sound Effects Machine. Wo woo woo woo woo woo woo woot woot.
Speaker 1: Tank Forever and Rebert Zach Zach's Zacha love you. I'm down girl. Please.
Speaker 2: I laughed my ass off when Ted walked in and saw Kelso.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 2: And then he passes out, yeah and sleeps for eight hours.
Speaker 1: He had like eighteen hours.
Speaker 2: Eighteen hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Kelso said, whenever, whenever he gets this upset after I startle him, Uh, he'll usually sleep for eighteen hours and.
Speaker 2: They pet him and he's like a little puppy on the couch. And this said said the moment that you realized, oh Kelso still Kelso did have a little bit of care for and it's hard for for Ted.
Speaker 1: No, barely. I mean he treated him like a dog. Earlier we skipped it, but he used to. He starts, he bends over when when when Cox is about to start signing contracts or whatever paperwork and he and he goes, what the hell you doing? Ted? He's like, oh, Kelso liked to sign his paperwork on my back and uh, and he goes, it's not that bad. It's I imagine it's.
Speaker 2: What a what a hug feels like, I'm not hugging you, Ted, I'm not hugging.
Speaker 1: Oh man. So you know Kelso, there's this long walk and talk with Kelso and JD. Where you know, Kelso basically says to JD, look, okay, I'm going to give you the keys to the castle here. I'm going to give you the behind the scenes information you need, and that is that you have to keep pushing Cox. Whenever Cox wouldn't relent on me, even though I knew, even though I had to fake like I was pissed at him, I knew that he was passionately advocating for patients, and I knew when he wouldn't give up that I would ultimately relent. And if you want to do that, you have to be that guy for Cox. So you really see everyone's sort of changing roles now as JD becomes the Cox, as Cox became the Kelso.
Speaker 2: It also shows you how, you know, in order to maintain some form of humanity, Kelso really needed Cox too, And this is something that was never talked about on the show. You know, he said no to so many people, and you know, he became such a great chief of medicine for the hospital, not necessarily for the patients, but if Cox hadn't always pushed him to do to advocate for the patients, Kelso might have lost himself in the hospital and never made it out. And it's this and he's giving j D that same conversation. Listen, he's going down a dark path and he and it's it's very much like Star Wars. And he did it for the greater good. Vader did it for the greater good to save the woman he loved. But at the end of the day, you know, it will consume him, and it will, it will, can it will, It'll make him into the person that Kelso became. In order for there to be a light at the end of the tunnel, there has to be somebody who was consistently in his face telling him, you know, what you're doing is wrong and the patients are what makes this hospital not the hospital.
Speaker 1: Right. It could be it could be said Donald that he's showing him, he's he's being the uh, the light side of the force to the dark side of the forest.
Speaker 2: He's come full Anakin. He went to the dark side, he's come back to the light side, and he's warning the new apprentice.
Speaker 1: By the way, Kelseo became a much better man the second he quit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of that, dude, just think about all of a pressure, a freaking.
Speaker 1: All having to be the bad guy, having to be a bad guy for everybody.
Speaker 2: To everyone, and I want and and and and and I bet you at one point he hated it, like the way Cox hates it. But then eventually he loved it. He'd learned to love it. It's like an acchoir taste, like coffee. Remember your first time tasting coffee, and be like, I will never drink that shit again, And then all of a sudden, you just kept drinking it.
Speaker 1: Although we should mention that he does, he does put on doctor's coat so he can score free morning after pills from the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: I didn't say he was the saint, just.
Speaker 1: We're just saying that he's turned a corner. And we forgot to mention that he throws on a lab coat so he can score free morning after pills from the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: What is he doing with those morning after pills?
Speaker 1: Well, we know that he likes working. No, he likes working gals. That's very clear.
Speaker 2: He does like the working gals.
Speaker 1: I guess he's also not using protection with the working gals. I mean, that's that's I think it's safe to imply that if he's needing, needing so many, so many doses of the Morning of the Morning, we don't sket.
Speaker 2: Skeet, skeet, skeets meet skeet skeet, skeating all over the place.
Speaker 1: It all comes back to skating, Donald, Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, all right.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Elliott clears it up with the nurse Barb who's nurse who's a kickboxer, who was threatening to beat her up.
Speaker 2: In the parking lot because of the way she spoke to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she apologizes and and and says that she's going to be more respectful of the nurses.
Speaker 2: And she also tells him, look, you got to use Carla as the she's the bridge man. And I get it. You know that you feel like we are disrespectful to you guys, And I will try my best to change and everything like that. But if you really have issues and stuff like that and things that you want to get done, you have to use Carla because she's she's got your back and she's the only one that's connected to all of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's the liaison. Liaison.
Speaker 2: And then you know, and then JD girl some respect.
Speaker 1: JD finally passionately fights for mister Vaughan and gets what he wants, just as Kelso said he would from from Cox. And that's the show. And that's the episode of Scrubs. Everybody bring Donald Faison back to the program. Ay Man, that's my chant, that's my chant.
Speaker 2: You know what I've been thinking about me Dian and Ai fucking being in Star Wars, my Ai being Now you said on the last episode week all week, all week, which is now two weeks because we shoot, we record these about a week before they come out.
Speaker 1: And we don't record them on a Thursday, and they come out on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's almost a week.
Speaker 1: Do you have any advice for me? On Blackjack? Hit I hit on twenty right.
Speaker 2: Always bet on black No on blackjack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit on sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to hit on the sixteen.
Speaker 1: Always assume that the.
Speaker 2: Less unless they're showing like a three, four, five or six.
Speaker 1: Then you stay okay on announce because you're assuming that they have they have a face.
Speaker 2: Card or underneath. And so then when they flip over with thirteen and they hit right, even if they get a nine on that, that's one too many.
Speaker 1: But you have to always assume that their face card, that their card down is a ten. Right, always assume that, okay and uh, and I can always ask them. They they will tell you what the book says.
Speaker 2: Some people will, some people won't.
Speaker 1: Dependent I never met a dealer. If you're like, what does the book say, I've never met a dealer that doesn't tell you.
Speaker 2: It's really funny to me. Do you No? They won't say no, but there's something that have at Oh the book says you should hit. Oh God, I've just hit.
Speaker 1: I don't play that much. But when I feel like they're mostly cool and want to help and her friendly, because that's something they want.
Speaker 2: They just want that money.
Speaker 1: They want you to drink, right, well, they want to They want you to tip them, so that's why they're more likely to help you. Right.
Speaker 2: Remember those chips are actual money, Zach, Just remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so inspired by this documentary. I think I might try.
Speaker 2: Counting get kicked out a day.
Speaker 1: To get kicked out a seven, I would dare you to get kicked out of it without any training. I'm going to try and count a seven deck. Shoot you can do it, and my mind and my mind Okay, I think there's been two queens. These dudes are these dudes have a whole method by which they keep track of that many decks. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: What if you count out loud, What if you're like, okay, that was five queens? Right, guys, It's like.
Speaker 1: They kicked my will they kick me out with the whole table. I'm all right, I'm gonna keep track of queens. You keep track of kings, right, I'll make friends.
Speaker 2: How many aces is that, Jim? That's seven aces? Seven aces?
Speaker 1: Susie, why are you leaving? You're you're in charge of counting the twos together? She's like, I'm broke. I just lost all my money. You're counting that toes? Get back here? Well, how many if you're gonna leave? How many two's were there?
Speaker 2: Are? All right?
Speaker 1: That's our show.
Speaker 2: Nobody today. There's nobody calling in, and there's nobody and no Joelle. We don't have Joel, No Joel. Dan blew it all right.
Speaker 1: I want to say, to be.
Speaker 2: Fair, this isn't your job, Dan Donald's.
Speaker 1: Donald's gonna forget this. But I just want to say June tenth in Seattle.
Speaker 2: At them, you should tell them about June tenth, and.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I will, I will right now, June tenth. I think we're almost sold out at the jew at the More Theater in Seattle. Join us or forever hold your piece. And I also have an important announcement about A Good Person. Today is officially the day you can finally rent it for five ninety nine. It's been a long time coming for the price to come down to five ninety nine, but those of you who were waiting for that opportunity, it's now officially for rent for five to nin nine. So please check out A Good Person, directed and written by myself, starring Morgan Freeman and Florence Pugh and Molly Shannon Good.
Speaker 2: We should probably tell them because we don't talk about this enough, and I think we've discussed it it all.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, tenth, Yes, thank you for reminding us, Donald, thank you for reminding us. The June tenth of the More Theater in Seattle, the first and possibly only live episode of Fake Doctor's Real Friends. All right, count of sound my friend?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, it was a pleasure. I miss you when we're not here.
Speaker 1: I miss you so much it hurts sometimes.
Speaker 2: And on that note, stories that show we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses and said, he's the stories Nets.
Speaker 1: No so YadA round here, YadA rad here spect me show is that