Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that organized a team of people in neon green suits to break into the local newsroom and harass the weather. No one at home in what was happening? It was brilliant being dragged off the broadcast. Where's he going?
Speaker 2: I wanted?
Speaker 1: It's all thanks to laser stories. This segment will read weird news stories around the globe just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other ring brains just don't. This first laser story is out of Omaha, Nebraska. Recently, a middle aged woman with gray hair went through a Burger King drive through and she was told her total would be about eight dollars.
Speaker 2: Why you gotta bring up the gray hair, Jeffery, seems like you're just slamming her.
Speaker 1: These are it's hard hitting newscasts. This is what's being reported.
Speaker 2: Yeah, middle aged women a little plump around the midsection.
Speaker 1: But you heard it here first. But when the woman pulled up to the window, the employee handed her a small bottle of milk and told her the order was actually less than she was previously quoted. So it's nice. Instead of eight bucks, she only needed seven for the meal.
Speaker 2: Cool a dollar off?
Speaker 1: How is this new so far, So what did the gray haired woman in the car do with that information? No, she did the unexpected and threw the milk bottle back, hitting the employee.
Speaker 2: I want to pay, black intolerant you.
Speaker 1: The employee was not injured, but was in shock as the woman sped off the milk throwing assailant, never got her order and never paid.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: The police are investigating, but they're doubtful anything comes of it. This makes more sense why it was described as like a gray haired, middle aged her. Well, the employee was so upset, like describing it.
Speaker 2: Crosy that woman could use some bowtons. Marked that down on the police.
Speaker 1: She had rickety shaky hands. On the Facebook page, the county sheriff said this wasn't the first incident where people threw their food or drink back at a drive through worker on treat them better.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how fast food can make you so angry.
Speaker 1: Another reason why robots wills would be handling all of our meals but through the milk of the robots. Then you're my new robots. Yeah, marking, I hate my life. Their stories out of the UK A few years back, a British couple could not believe their luck when they went outside their house one morning only to see that the world famous street artist Banksy had left a giant, twenty foot mural of a seagull on the side of their house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I like that.
Speaker 1: If you don't know. Work by the mysterious British artists has fetched anywhere from six million to twenty four million dollars when it goes to ship. But the family's dream quickly turned into a living nightmare because over the course of the last two years, crowds of thousands have flocked to their home.
Speaker 2: Oh ye can think about.
Speaker 1: That trying to see it. So they've had to fight vandals who try to paint over the mural, or thieves to try to chip off the painted sections to resell on Facebook. Is that crazy? So i'one gonna just go make a random wall famous. Yes, that's really.
Speaker 2: Cool and it's your wall in your house.
Speaker 1: That would be an had to hire a security guard to watch over the mural at night, and the entire ordeal is costing them almost fifty thousand dollars a year. Then you just sell them at home. I bet it's appreciated value. Well, the family says they can't live like this anymore, and the only way forward is to have the twenty two ton mural removed. But you can do that the undertake the wall off It would last months and involve reinforcing the seagull artwork with twelve layers of resin in fiberglass plus five tons of steel, and then using a forty foot crane to haul it away. So they want to save the piece.
Speaker 2: So they can't do a DIY is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: There's no YouTube video for how it would cost them two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to get that done. Oh my god. And then after that they hope to sell the twenty foot mural to offset the costs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And while a lot of the Banksy pieces have gone for millions of dollars, a twenty foot mural of a bird is estimated to only fetch six figures. So it's like they're hoping to just break even and get their life back to normal.
Speaker 2: Just paint over it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Thought the same Actually is angry? I mean Banks would appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Don't let brook visit the louver? Yeah, yeah, Brooks, how to make these lines shorter? Let's go to your next Lazer story out of Music Mania Headquarters. Oh not the Mania. Here's a question that'll get a million different answers. What is the best karaoke song? Pop TikTok are arguing about Jesse. Some guy with three million followers posted his top five picks, and he didn't rank them, but he thinks the last one here is the best song. It's done well.
Speaker 2: I mean that's always the key, right.
Speaker 1: So his picks are Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson, Yeah, Respects by Aretha Franklin, Come On Eileen by Dexys. Midnight Riders is.
Speaker 2: A little older. Does anyone are actual lyrics or do you.
Speaker 1: Just is more popular? Island in the Sun.
Speaker 2: By Wheezer Really dance to that though.
Speaker 1: Finally, this is the one he says is the best if it's done right. Okay, it's the end of the world as we know it.
Speaker 2: I've heard that, I swear to God, I've heard that every time I've ever gone here.
Speaker 1: You can get into that, I seem. But it's only good if you've memorized it. If you nail it, it's gonna crush. If you don't know it, it'll flop.
Speaker 2: It's truly the end of the world. Wow.
Speaker 1: Since his post went viral, people in the comments I've been going bananas about two of the most obvious snubs, Sweet Caroline and bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer. Yeah, but here's something Friends in Love places Garth bro We're talking.
Speaker 2: That's the only country song karaoke.
Speaker 1: Here's something to show just how how subjective a list like this really is. Because last fall, Billboard ranked the one hundred best karaoke songs of all time, none of the ones that we've mentioned made it into their top ten.
Speaker 2: Billboard Okay, Boabian Rhapsody Queen if It's done right, they gave.
Speaker 1: The top spot to my personal favorite, man Like a Wama. Also I Want It that Way by Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 2: Recently, no one was singing along with me.
Speaker 1: Well, it's sound like a wounded I would look at the self performance that went into that more talking. Also I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor and Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Tell us what Yours is? Text in seven, eight, five nine, two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, text us, I wonder what the listeners saying.
Speaker 1: Out of Dating and Mating Central. You haven't been here in a while. Even though Jose hasn't been here, he knows this. If you're a single guy, you should always carry protection. That's right, Yeah, that's casual hookup could happen anywhere, yea, even in the unexpected circumstances. And I say that because in a recent poll, nearly one in eight guys under the age of thirty five ad meant to bringing a condom to a funeral. W Wait a minute, justin.
Speaker 2: Put it in. People are sad.
Speaker 1: Imagine showing up late and you're like, I guess I'm sorry this ceremony started. It is unclear they specifically slipped it in their pocket for the ceremony or if they just had it tucked in their wallet already always have one on.
Speaker 2: I don't know Grandpa would want it this way either.
Speaker 1: I finally lost it. The men who answered yes, they do say you gotta play it safe, and you know you mean, like, oh, the funeral home director may be at. In a less morbid stat about one in four millennials say that they've brought protection to their high school reunion.
Speaker 2: Oh, for sure, I could see that. There should be four and four. I guess a lot of.
Speaker 1: Them are married, though shockingly. No, not all of those men were Brooks exes. Yeah, this guy dated Brooke back in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Breakup. You have to bring it up again.
Speaker 1: Jeff Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again the same time on Friday
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.