Speaker 1: Good mon in Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yo Charla meane, the god peace to the planet is Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's Thursday, good morning. That's right. And it's just us this morning, just us a that ol g pick and roll. That's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, it works at the Gusbands in the morning. It's just hilarious. Calls us the gusbands. Absolutely, that sounds disgusting.
Speaker 2: By the way. I just want you to know that.
Speaker 3: I want to start off all with salute to my mother. Today's my mom's birthday.
Speaker 1: Hey, drop on the clue bombs from Mama envy MoMA Duke's birthday.
Speaker 3: I know she watches every morning on be et, So happy birthday, Mama.
Speaker 2: You brought her something other day When you say you brought her some wood or.
Speaker 3: Something, No, I didn't said I brought her some wood the other day. I know we were talking about the most expensive thing that you brought somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yea.
Speaker 4: I re hardwooded her whole house a year ago or two years ago.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, you said it when you said it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, okay, but that's what i's I bought we you know, brought us some wood.
Speaker 2: You bought us some wood, brought us Your pop was having problems.
Speaker 3: Didn't say that. I said were hard wood at her house. So shout salute to Mom Dukes and Pop Dukes. How was she? She is getting up there in age, Okay, I think it's eighty. I want to say seventy nine. I don't necessarily remember that is a blessing. Please God give me eighty years please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's still healthy.
Speaker 3: They're still kicking, they're still running around, they're still going to the casino, they're still watching their grand babies there.
Speaker 4: They're still everything. So I'm on the mam and dad.
Speaker 1: I was having that conversation. I mean, I was talking to my good sister Angela Jah last night, and you know, he was talking about all types of stuff, and I was saying, how like, okay, I'll be forty five this year, right, and if that, if the average age is seventy four, seventy five lifespan, we only got about thirty summers left.
Speaker 2: Yes, we ain't got time to be playing.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, no, no, you're above average. You know, you work out, you take care of yourself, so you're gonna be here, you know, to see the eighties, the nineties.
Speaker 2: I'm like, God, will it, God will please, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of healthy people that didn't make it over that man, that man, that number so definitely, you know as Charlamage. And I always say, make sure you go to the doctor. Make sure you try to do everything you possibly do. I know you everybody can't eat healthy every day. Man, You know you can't do the healthy alternatives every day. But but do as much as you can. That's right, because it can put some years to you.
Speaker 2: And age is a blessing all.
Speaker 1: You'll stop lying about your age, right, stop wanting to tell people your age. I tell people my age proudly because I am happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right.
Speaker 1: I'll be forty five. I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. I'll be forty five on June twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: My Trump, Yeah, a couple of days Trump, Ye, Why you gotta say the Trump.
Speaker 2: You can't be to.
Speaker 1: Jordan with the Jordan water four five No, No, that was a good era for Jordan. Se he was he was the owner of a he was playing for a team he owns. That's right, yeah, oh no. Then he came back around lying, he came back winning the four or five.
Speaker 3: Came back whin the four five. Now he didn't want to take the two three down from the rastors at the time.
Speaker 2: Do I want to be four or five Jordan? Don't want a Trump yet?
Speaker 3: But the four or five Jordan wasn't the twenty three Jordan. It was like an off brand.
Speaker 2: It was cool. That's what I'm saying. I think I want the Trump yet. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Up up man, I might do it just to piss people off, just to say that, just to get a rise out of people, like to get a good rise out of people, get a good.
Speaker 3: Rise out of Well, today is I Heeart Access Day? iHeart Radio Access Day?
Speaker 2: The hell does that mean?
Speaker 3: We We're giving you access like never before. So there's like seven hundred experiences that you can get a part of for absolutely positively free, seven hundred things to do here. Well, it's not just us. So it's like you know, like the concerts that that they go to. The there's gonna be access to like my Car show where they will actually fly people into the car show. You'll get a VIPP experience. There's certain concerts. There's one on ones with personalities. Uh I think there's one to even come up and hang with the Breakfast Club back. You know, while we're doing this thing behind the scenes, you will be searched, yes, absolutely twice.
Speaker 1: You will be searched absolutely twice at your phone and hold on, hold on what that means. One of our producers is telling you, look at this phone. The producer from Ghana on the Green Car, Sluthor Brandish love.
Speaker 2: What we got.
Speaker 4: I am reading the intro, he says, he said, what let me see?
Speaker 2: Am I reading this? You can read this and.
Speaker 3: It's all axes, all right, but just go to the website, which is Breakfast Club online dot com if you want to see all the deals and everything that's happening.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's get the show. Pay for all of this.
Speaker 1: They got, getting it whether they wanted, absolutely all right, let's get the show crack and when we come back, Tensling Figure will be joining us and also game on us tonight will give you all the details.
Speaker 2: So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, MC.
Speaker 5: Project project.
Speaker 2: I say that you the same what you want sitting on the back.
Speaker 5: I just want to rock.
Speaker 2: I just want to I just want to rock. Ya shure, we got that yah, get it once. Now tip set up.
Speaker 5: You're gonna kill my flops.
Speaker 2: Stand on my money and also my sapas.
Speaker 6: Pick those spas and you better t wipas me.
Speaker 2: That's my hobby want to do, that's my want to do. So I'm seeing Wow, the same with you, Project Project.
Speaker 5: I say that you the same.
Speaker 3: What you want morning. Everybody's dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news doesn't figure out good morning, Good morning, gusbins.
Speaker 2: That's right, the hood teslian figure out. All right.
Speaker 4: Well, let's start off with some sports right away.
Speaker 3: A Game one of the NBA Finals is tonight Miami Heat versus Denver Nuggets, eight thirty pm. And they're saying Tyler hero And will be returning for Game three of this finals.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting, right because in my mind and on paper, I say, the Denver Nuggets has sweep.
Speaker 2: The Miami Heat. But the Miami.
Speaker 1: Heat the ball like they're playing like a team of destiny, correct, you know what I mean? And they have a will to win that you know, it's very very unique. When you have that will to win, you can you can, you can surprise them.
Speaker 2: He nothing can stop you.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, I have to say, I have no idea who's gonna who's gonna win and win this series. My mind and logic says the Nuggets should sweep the heat.
Speaker 2: Correct, But we'll see.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's start with the House passing a bill to raise the debt ceiling.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Tes?
Speaker 8: Yes, Last night, the House Representatives passed a bipartisan bill to suspend the debt ceiling, overcoming vocal opposition from conservative and liberal lawmakers and bringing the country one step closer to avoiding an economic default ahead of last week's deadline. Now, the legislation, which was crafted through negotiations between President Biden and Republican Speaker Kevin McCarthy, cleared the Chamber and a bipartisan three fourteen to one seventeen vote and now heads to the Senate. Now, to be clear, just so everyone understands, if the debt ceiling did not pass, it would have slash government services payments to sixty seven million Social security beneficiaries.
Speaker 6: Could have been halted.
Speaker 8: One week of default alone could have caused one million jobs to be lost. The employment rate would have jumped to about five percent, higher interest rates, market panic, political instability, even though we have more than enough of that, and other long term effects.
Speaker 6: So this was a pretty big deal.
Speaker 2: So what did they decide to do about their food stamb benefits? Tare everybody still getting their food.
Speaker 8: Staff Yes, that was one of the big things that was on the table that they went back and forth about. And just to make it really simple and short before the current law requires able body adults.
Speaker 6: This is really important.
Speaker 8: Able body adults between the age of eighteen and forty nine without dependence, just to be clear, without dependence to work or attend training for at least eighty hours a month if they want to receive their food stamps more than three months.
Speaker 6: So that has now changed to age fifty four.
Speaker 8: So the only change has been from going from forty nine to fifty four for able body adults that do not have dependence. Now Democrats compromise in order to raise that age up. They said, well, we want to make sure that veterans, homeless people, and young people aging out of foster care would be excluded. From work requirements now that negotiation actually costs more over time. So Republicans are upset about that because they said, you know, you did all of that, and they kind of backfire. But Speaker McCarthy said that, he said, come, I'll let me in one year and you'll see that we will save more money over time because people will be working. And of course Democrats disagree with that and say that work requirements doesn't really make a difference, But that was what was really holding this bill.
Speaker 1: Up at this point. We all need food stands. Remember when they used to say cooking that home saves you money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means nothing, nothing, nothing at all.
Speaker 3: You know, in certain cases when if you order Uber eats, it's a lot cheaper because Uber eats now has those deals where it's two for one, so you can order a platter of like you know, we always order this from this Caribbean spot, this Jamaican food spot where you know, you can get a jerk chicken ox sale and they give another one.
Speaker 2: For foxtail seventy a pounds easily. But it's very expensive out there.
Speaker 3: And like you said, even like you know, my daughter who goes to college, she was like, yo, food is so expensive.
Speaker 4: She was like, it's it's it's easy to just go get it's like speech.
Speaker 2: So it's good that that that ceiling got raised.
Speaker 1: Also, test, I remember progressives were acting like they were not sure if they would vote for the bills.
Speaker 2: So did they right, Remember.
Speaker 8: We talked about that, and Uh, they did put on the record that this is a nightmare, nightmare for progressives because it restricts non defense spending, a green Green Lights of fossil fuel project, agains the palls on student loan payments. Uh, and again the work requirements that they do not disagree with. But they did have enough votes for it to pass. Uh the past with Democrats Republicans, But a few Progressives did go on the record to vote no.
Speaker 6: I'll just name a few.
Speaker 8: Represented Jamal Bowen obviously, and if you hear on the Breakfast Club Representative Corey Bush, Representative Barbara Lee, represented Jaya Paul.
Speaker 6: They all and AOC all voted no. It's a list that voted no.
Speaker 8: But I just you know, those are a few the most of our listeners recognize.
Speaker 1: Hey, I respect it because you know, they held the line. You know, I thought they were going to fall in line.
Speaker 2: It proved me different. It proved me, it proved otherwise. Respect to him.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll see what it looks like when it goes to the Senate.
Speaker 3: And that is front page news now tas we've seen in a couple of minutes, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 9: Club, right right, ray yo, Charlotte, Mack daffy, what up are we lying?
Speaker 2: Is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: I got an indoor pool pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is we lie.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 7: It's James's from North Carolina.
Speaker 2: James and North Carolina. Get off your chest.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't want to address that whole issue about why black men aren't donating their's firm that much. I'm thinking that it's a stigma behind that man. You know, for years, black men have been labeled as their deep fathers or not their children's lives, and so badly and sub consciously in the black community, the men don't want to donate sperms so that they'll have an offspring out there that doesn't know who they are. I mean, because if you think about it as a as a group, you know, black folks as a group, we are desperate to find out what country from continent on Africa we're from himself.
Speaker 2: You know, that's not a bad that's not a bad area.
Speaker 1: I thought you was gonna say, folks don't want to be cloned and stuff, because you know, the same reason people don't be wanting to we don't be wanting to give up our DNA sometimes.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I mean what he said is true, like because you know, if you are from if you come from a sperm donor, and you get a little older, you might want to know who your dad is, you know what I mean. And you find out who your dad is, and your dad might not want to do with you because you know, really your dad you were just a sperm donor.
Speaker 2: You know, I bought you who's my daddy? I don't know. I paid good money for it though. I mean.
Speaker 1: They used to call people test two baby Smember Robin to call people test tube baby Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, turn your radio down.
Speaker 13: Listen.
Speaker 14: You need to hear this radio.
Speaker 2: Why the hell we need to hear the radio on the radio. You need to hear you.
Speaker 15: Why aren't they playing on the in between us? The set between ya sets, the Different World sing song and the Jefferson Thing song?
Speaker 2: Where you at? What's are you in? Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Louis van Louis vi an't need to holler whoever's producing the show down there?
Speaker 2: Who's ever running the boards? You're not supposed to be hearing that right now? Yes, that's what somebody's doing.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 2: Somebody messed up.
Speaker 7: Please.
Speaker 2: By the way, Adam, I've heard. I've been when I was in Orlando, I heard the same thing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe it's time for AI y'all because because clearly whoever they got running the balls and doing working job at doing their job.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is where iHeart shaped some money with AI man.
Speaker 16: This is this is my first time ever getting in. So it's a pleasure to talk to all of us.
Speaker 2: We appreciciate you. You have a good one. On your way to work.
Speaker 14: I am unfortunately where you work at?
Speaker 15: Uh yep?
Speaker 13: I heard the crowger out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the grocery store.
Speaker 17: Yep, yep, yeah, I'm an orditor.
Speaker 2: Or your order though.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're making sure they're doing what they're supposed to be doing with all that money.
Speaker 14: You're already now, you're already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well keep doing it because that them food prices is too expensive of it.
Speaker 2: Well, what we need to get down.
Speaker 15: I can't do nothing about that, but I'm gonna make sure that they charging everybody the right thing.
Speaker 1: There you go, Love, appreciate you include everybody who loosens on one O five point three to beat in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Mae, yeah, shout the Louis V shot everybody on uh or shot the mona, everybody on the station.
Speaker 2: Man, We appreciate you. Guys.
Speaker 1: Get up for the person that's running the board this morning, who's letting the theme song. But you need to be replaced by AI.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: If you need to vet, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. The Breakfast Club is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're mad or.
Speaker 4: Blessed something, get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now. Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one we want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 7: What up? What up? Good morning?
Speaker 13: Good morning? Money is Joey's front?
Speaker 2: Hey, Joey, you want him the Bx.
Speaker 1: You know, the craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, Joey, Yo, the.
Speaker 10: Craziest people come from New York.
Speaker 9: Bro New York City is the.
Speaker 7: Biggest flux everywhere.
Speaker 2: No, just a Bronx Florida.
Speaker 10: Dude was living out that ten years right, he was going over here about that ten year talking about it from New York, New York Bug Florida.
Speaker 2: Nothing scary.
Speaker 1: Nothing scary that when you in Florida and people come Like when I'm in Florida, people come up to me and be like, Yo, I know what you be saying about Florida. And I was from the Bronx. Matter fact, Lutha, my guy Handy Randy. When I was there last week, I saw my man Handy Randy. He's from the Bronx, lives in Florida. It's a double whammy, double whammy.
Speaker 2: What's up brother?
Speaker 7: Anyways?
Speaker 13: Man, I just want to thank you, I mean thank you. I having me appreciate you, congratulations for your success. I just want to shout out all the miserable people, man, y'all need to share the hell up. Have some homers drink.
Speaker 10: Your life man, for real, because there's people like me who just nermally play their role. Do they think and try to go about their day? Mean, some people got it all still find a way to be miserable.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I tell you something my therapist told me yesterday. I told him this yesterday too, Man, my therapist he said, people, he said, you know, you said, you know what produces more jealousy than success in money?
Speaker 2: When people see you in a position of joy?
Speaker 1: Yello, Yes, absolutely, people will be jealous of your joy.
Speaker 2: They be jealous at you happy, They jealous at you at peace.
Speaker 13: Man, I know, and it's bananas because it's like, bro, in my particular situation, what are you compleating about?
Speaker 9: Why, dude, you white enjoy your whits?
Speaker 2: The hell are you talking about? You're talking about.
Speaker 9: About your particular my particular situation.
Speaker 10: Right, I took off last week because I had a doctor's appointment. But if I take off, I play a vital part, so everybody will be scrambled.
Speaker 7: So what I did.
Speaker 13: Was I decided to help these dudes from home.
Speaker 12: I come in the next day, do come complain talking about Yo, you.
Speaker 18: Can't work from home.
Speaker 7: You need to be here.
Speaker 9: Mind you.
Speaker 7: The position that I do is remote.
Speaker 9: So you want to see my face or something like?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: And you took a day off though, didn't you because you had an a doctor's appointment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't get to that.
Speaker 3: Nah, you was nice for even helping because you had the day off. You should have just been chilling and relaxing. They gonna give you.
Speaker 9: That exactly exactly.
Speaker 12: I'm just trying to play my role, keeping pushing.
Speaker 1: Joe, just be happy, keep pushing, give me their joy, keep pushing from a position of joy.
Speaker 9: Man, Nah, Man, I'm not peace. I'm sure I appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Man, you guys have a good le met Thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, bro Man, I sweat. That's what I like to hear that that right there? I don't you can call up here and tell me you got a million dollars. I'll be like, all right, cool when you call up here and tell me that you're in a position of peace.
Speaker 2: Oh man, love, do you respect?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up now when we come back. We got your rumor report. We got to tell you about Polo G. Charlamagne gave him donkey today, and he responds, we'll get to it next.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club. Will be et the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Put everybody, it's DJ n V Charlomagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Polo G or you gossip chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 19: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells right on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: A couple of days ago, Charlemagne gave Polo G donkey of the day. Now you gave him donkey to day because it was Charlmagne.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was a video Polo posted when he said he was walking around l A. You know, all his jury on zign and clothes on with no security.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Well and it disappointed because Polo G is one of the smart ones. Yes, yes, TMZ caught up with him and asked him about that. And this is what he said.
Speaker 8: Hey, so you really don't have any security. You don't have anyone lurking in the shadows or lurking in the bushes or just making sure you're good.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll use me, Poper.
Speaker 10: I was security southside, Man, I was just.
Speaker 5: You were just joking.
Speaker 8: Can I ask you about Charloamage the god roasting you the donkey of the day.
Speaker 2: How'd you feel about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? How come it's just showing some type of concern.
Speaker 2: Man, I ain't tripping TMG. I was not roasting Polo G.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gave that brother a word, and the word is simply, don't test the streets, you know. And as I said in Donkey Today, the only reason that disappointed me so much is because Polo G is one of the smart ones. And I expect the idiots to be idiots, but I expect more from Polo G. And not just because Polo G is a smart young man. His mama do not play dropping the clothes box and station back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll be honest with you, Like I said that day, I never thought that Polo G walked around without security, Now he was true.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that one pit Yes, in Station mess s luted Station. She's one of those people who inspires me. You know, the way she handles her business, the way she moves so saluted station back and you know after that Donkey station, let me know, she don't play that.
Speaker 2: And she spoke to Polo about that video.
Speaker 1: And she also incorporates the importance of trained bodyguards and her masterclass that she that she teaches. And that's the moral of the story, investing yourself by protecting yourself because you are your greatest assets.
Speaker 2: That's right, you know.
Speaker 3: Now, Also Diddy seems like Diddy is claiming his business partner Diazio, neglected his deily on toe killer label. Now, Dazio is the brand that has all these liquor companies under it, so they if you think about it like this, Dazio is kind of like the distributor.
Speaker 4: They're the ones that put it in the stores. They the one that handles marketing.
Speaker 3: They are the ones that call it all these that do all these different things for the different brands that they have. Well, Diddy is saying that Dazio neglected the tequila brand, calling it urban and a black brand. Uh, they say in favor of rival cast Amigos after it paid a billion dollars for the George Clooney owned Spirit. They're saying they're not doing much to help Diddy's Daily On now. Diddy said that the Spirit's giant sabotaged Daily On with horrible packaging that made the product look cheap and also didn't give the necessary brand that.
Speaker 2: It did for a lot of the other stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, they said it, and also in twenty nineteen a they said it was a race reason why it wasn't really pushing it. Now the exact told I'm trying to get to it, right, Yeah, Comb said that if it was owned by Martha Stewart, they believed the brand would be distributed more broadly. So his complaints that he feels like they're not, you know, pushing it like they pushed Cast Amigos like they push some of the other brands that they have, And he feels that the reason that they're doing it is because it's a quote unquote black brand.
Speaker 1: Well, why would he have these problems with Daily On but not Sirak because that company also distributes Sarraq and you know, it seemed like they didn't have no problem for Mote and Sarac but I never looked at that company as promoting SIAC. I looked at Diddy as for mote in Siak. If anything, that company had to catch up. And I also find this very interesting because I wonder if h what's the name of the company, the Adagio. I wonder if they're really to blame, because like you said, that brand also owns Don Julio and cast Amigos, and everybody loves cast Amigos. And cast Amigos is huge in black coaches. So is it Diagio.
Speaker 3: Or is the coach is simply not gravitating towards daily on Sequilla. Well, what I do recognize and being in the clubs and DJ and the clubs and seeing the clubs, you it's you. You don't really see the black brands in clubs like that. You don't see them in the forefront like you see Casa. Sorok used to be. Sorak's not even there as much as it was.
Speaker 1: You think because people fell off, fell back from vodka maybe a little bit. Seem like a lot people more people drink it, the quilling people still drink Voka. They'll do the vodka cranberry, the Voca pine apple, vodka and coke. But I feel like certain brands get certain placements.
Speaker 3: So like when I go to the clubs, you'll see you know, you'll see Casamigos, You'll see your Don Julio, you'll see Patron even with even with uh the the you know the hard liku of the the what call it the do say? And you know fifties brands and right, but you don't see it like that. You'll see Hennessy first, You'll see Remy Martin first. Well I think that's because most of the brands first, but you know they're but.
Speaker 1: Those are the more popular brands, like the Hennessy and Castle Migos. That's what everybody's drinking right now. So that's why IM saying, I don't even know how Casta Migo's got so big and black culture, but I know it wasn't because of George Clooney.
Speaker 3: No, definitely wasn't Togee, but the way did he pushes daily On and the way that you know, Uh Jay was pushing Duce and and fifty pushes brands and and and and even even a suspade, you don't see it as much. You see Moet crazy now they are, Yeah, but their legacy brands, but they're being pushed by these companies and you don't see them giving the same push to these black brands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like Diddy did a great job promoting the Sorac. I can't I can't give that to the distributor because I ain't. Never bought No Sorak because of the ag or Diego. I bought it because of Diddy, But daily on, I just.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but you don't buy it because but Dazio is the one that handles marketing. They're the reason that you see the commercials. They're the reason why you see it in front of when you go to the liquor store. When you see the front, all that stuff is paid for. So when you go to a liquor store and you see certain brands in the front, that's paid I.
Speaker 1: Don't think none of that makes me buy alcohol though, Like I buy alcoholic as a word of mouth. Like I started drinking Casta Migos because people around me with drinking Castle Migos and I tasted it and it tasted pretty good, you know what I mean. But that's not my go to Actually, actually my go to tequila is Castle dragonis but that's a whole other conversation.
Speaker 2: Correct, especially the repersodo amazing. Yeah, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: But no, when people walk into a liquor store, a lot of times it's product placement when you walk and it's the first thing you see. So you look at that tequila, then you look at prices, you say, all right, you know, I'll just grab this tequila.
Speaker 4: I'll just grab this vodka. Same thing when you go to the club.
Speaker 3: If they giving you a better rate on a vodka or tequila, nine times out of ten people to take the cheaper rate.
Speaker 4: Why because it's seven of us.
Speaker 3: If we got two bottles, we want to count and keep the cost down as much as possible, So we're going to go with the cheaper bottles.
Speaker 1: Casta Migos was the first of his card too, because if I'm not mistaken, they sold that for a billion dollars yesterday, and I don't think that. I don't think a tequila brand had sold for that much prior to that, So they kind of set the bar like all of these other tequila brands, like you see Kevin Harg got his tequila brand, and you know Lebron and all of these people like that's what they're hoping to do sell it for that type of price point.
Speaker 3: But even when you're out and about today and you're just looking around, you'll see caos on a truck. You'll see it on the side of a truck. You see that that you know, I see it all the time. The commercial with George Clooney on the motorcycle when he's driving.
Speaker 1: Because George Clooney, though I've seen the commercial with him in the field with all the Mexicans.
Speaker 3: But look at how much you see those commercials. Look how much you see it on those things. You don't see none of these. The only time you do see Diddy or you see Kevin Hart is on.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, and I feel like I just started seeing casta migos a lot now because they promote during the the NBA throughout the playoffs.
Speaker 3: But if you just drive around, you see it on everything, on trucks and cars, on everything that you possibly see.
Speaker 1: I still got to put a lot of blame on culture because y'all out here making songs about casting migos and kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Y'all could be doing that with daily on City Girls, do dea lyon what you mean act on all that song. She she wrapped her boo stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: But there's a whole song called Castle Migos. Unless I was drunk, but I definitely feel like I heard a song called Castle Migo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right, I did, right, I know, I ain't tripping song. Right's song? Okay, we got to act bad in the system. We get Vagina Pink Catherine Migos Brown or something like that.
Speaker 4: No, she does she say no, She does not say that at all.
Speaker 2: Who says, whose song is that?
Speaker 3: That's a sexy red song. But it is okay, it is Vagina Pink Brown? No booty, oh boot okay?
Speaker 2: Got you all right?
Speaker 3: Well that is your rumor report. We got Diddy song at back. We can't play Diddy song at back.
Speaker 2: We ain't got it.
Speaker 3: They're pulling it up, right, But when we come back, we got front page news and Teslin figure I was going to be talking to us. And then when we come back, we want to take your calls. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. A young man named Joey called this morning and he was talking about just being happy in life, and we want to ask you what makes you happy?
Speaker 2: What brings you joy and joy? That was a great.
Speaker 1: Interesting call because my therapist literally told me yesterday that joy produces more jealousy and envy than money.
Speaker 2: People. Uh, they they hate to see you.
Speaker 4: Happy, right, So it's not necessarily the money you make.
Speaker 2: It's not what you have.
Speaker 3: Is the fact that you're happy, the fact that you're with your family and you're happy, the fact that you're just happy in life.
Speaker 4: So we want to know what makes you happy?
Speaker 2: Is it your family?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it money? Is it things out there in this world?
Speaker 3: Is it music? What makes you happy? What puts you in a place of peace? Eight hundred and five five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: We got the song?
Speaker 3: No, we ain't got the song. We're gonna play top of I were gonna get that song on before you. There we are, We're gonna find it. We're gonna find it. It's the breakfastlogo, Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Our Audible pick of the day is The Space Within.
Speaker 1: Jessica Chastain, Bobby Cannibal, and an all star cast are on board for this supernatural audio thriller. Listen when you sign up for a pre trial at Audible dot com slash breakfast club owning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy, Charlemagne to God, we are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 8: Good morning, says good morning Envy and Charlemagne.
Speaker 3: Testy say roways here you know, she helps us out with front page news.
Speaker 1: This is the breakfast Club's resident. Political core responded. I saw mediaite, media eye swoop to mediaite to media, I said, the other day they referred to as as the breakfast club political correspondent.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what's up. Let's talk about some quick sports tonight. All right, Game one of the NBA Finals, Miami versus Denver Nuggets, eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Who you got, Charlamagne, I have no idea, man, in my mind and my logic says the Denver Nuggets should sweep the Miami Heat. But the Miami Heat they play like a team of destiny. Like Jimmy Butler has a will to win that's infectious and it, you know, it just goes throughout that whole organization.
Speaker 2: It's a world class organization. So I don't know, man, Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: On paper, the Nuggets should win, right, But the way that Jimmy Butler and the heat been playing.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just never know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I really don't. In my mind I say nuggets sweep, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I really don't. All right, Well, let's get to the news now.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this councilwoman out in Jersey that was gunned down.
Speaker 2: They arrested somebody, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that I follow this earlier this year, so I'm glad to see the family had some closure. A twenty eight year old Rashad Buying Them of Portsmouth, Virginia, was arrested Tuesday on murder and gun charges for the death of thirty year old Sorrier Vault councilwoman Units dumb for a Tuesday's an. Announcements came nearly four months after she was found gun down in her white SUV outside her rented town home while her eleven year old daughter heard the shots from inside. Investigators of link Buying Them to the incident after they traced his travels from his cell phone and his vehicle location. He was actually a church associate of hers, and she was a pastor, and so now they're trying to figure out, you know, what's going on with.
Speaker 2: That, he said, it was a motive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say, you know, I was watching this yesterday on the news, and he was so easy to catch because all they did was they seen.
Speaker 2: Him running, they found his car on camera, and then they.
Speaker 3: Followed his easy pass in full records, so they actually followed him from Portsmouth to New Jersey and then he did the crime and went right back to Portsmouth, Virginia.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it was just an emotional decision he made in that moment.
Speaker 2: Why we don't know. Did the police say there was a.
Speaker 3: Motive and they found a gun? The gun was still in his house in Virginia.
Speaker 2: He didn't plan this out?
Speaker 8: Oh well yeah, they and I mean yeah, obviously based on his behavior, he did not plan it out. And they said they have not found a motive, but they also said that it did not appear politically motivated.
Speaker 6: That was one of the things that caught my attention.
Speaker 8: But they did say there was some court records and tax filings at the church was involved in some landlord tenant disputes from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty. Now, again that's not the motive, but that's all the information you know, we have right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just sounds like it was an emotional decision, like he just got overwhelmed with some type of emotion. We don't know what that emotion was, and he decided to go project that on this young lady for whatever reason. And it's a very very sad situation man, that the trauma that her daughter is gonna you have to deal with for the rest of her life. Man, definitely send her healing energy.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about these swan babies in New York. Swan babies.
Speaker 6: Now, we're gonna be serious with getting through this story.
Speaker 2: Guys, what the hell is swan baby?
Speaker 6: I'm mourning you now.
Speaker 8: The village of Manalists in upstate New York is mourning the loss of Faith and Faye was a swan who was stolen from the town's pond over the weekend along with her four baby swans. So rest in peace to Faith. Three teenagers were arrested Tuesday on charges including grand larceny and criminal mischief in connection with the swan napping. I don't know if you guys knew that was illegal or not, but the baby swans were recovered, but officials say that the mama swan was taken to the aunt's house, and the aunt prepared it.
Speaker 1: I blame high food prices. Look, it was Memorial weekend. You gotta put something on the grill. Chicken, beef, two damn high. You know what I'm saying. Folks are gonna eat what.
Speaker 2: They can, so they gonna eat swan, big ass.
Speaker 3: Swan and four baby swans might be pretty tasty. I know you from the country, and I know you he gated.
Speaker 2: I know he did eight no swan.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you that, just putting two and two together here this past weekend, with Memorial weekend food prices as high as hell, I can't afford chicken, I can't afford beef. But it's the meat swoman in this little lake over here. Let's see what this swan hitting about. To see what this barbecue swan tastes like.
Speaker 6: Why are they trying to be serious? Because seriously, rest in peace to faith and so mute swans. Just so people know.
Speaker 8: It is illegal to hunt swans in New York. That's why I pull the stories. Oh well it is.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it.
Speaker 1: Swan's a nice little cute creatures, but it got to be a reason. Why is it illegal to hunt swan.
Speaker 8: Well, it's illegal to hunt swans in New York and not all states, but they do have legal protection in New York since nineteen forty six, and they're listening as to protected birds in the environmental conservation law, and yes, and mean, you're right, because I guess they're pretty So anything that has to do with the swan on their nests, eggs, if they're handled or harmed without authorization from the dec that is when you basically can go to jail. And speaking of the taste, I went on a rabbit hole with this. I ended up I spent way too much time with the story because I was cured like what a swan taste like? And so a couple of people said that, a couple of stories or research said that it tastes like duck and goose. Some people said it was a little fishy, it had a sour taste, and so interesting on I've never had swan.
Speaker 1: If they made it a legal to hunt swans back in the day, that mean people was eating the hell out from swan.
Speaker 2: You hear me?
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody this weekend decided I cannot afford chicken and beef and duck and goose so guess what swan you on the menu.
Speaker 2: That's what I get from this story. Poor swanepool, you.
Speaker 1: Say that until you taste faith. He's like, damn, okay, I see what's going on here.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is Front Page News. Thank you, Test.
Speaker 1: That's right, And make sure you subscribe to the straight Shot no chase of podcasts, uh from Teslin figure on on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network available everywhere you listen to podcasts. And you know what, real quick, I do want to salute Candace autease.
Speaker 2: Candace.
Speaker 1: I don't know you, but Candace works at Mediaite and she covers a lot of the things that we talk about in Front Page News.
Speaker 2: So thank you Candice Ortiz at media I bet you she won't she won't cover the Swan story. I don't see a reason for her unless she is a fan of Swans. All right.
Speaker 8: And can I say this as of people to follow me on Instagram? You know a lot of people want to exchange and have conversations about the news with your course.
Speaker 6: You know I do that on my podcast as well. But follow me a Teslim.
Speaker 8: Figure on Instagram and we get it in a lot In the comments on these stories.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, let's talk about joy.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I had a you know, I had therapy yesterday, and you know, you know how sometimes you have those therapy sessions and after it, after you have it, and you you know, you take you download in you can't wait to share some of the things that you learned.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And you know, my therapist told me something yesterday that I thought was so simple.
Speaker 2: We have so interesting.
Speaker 1: He said that joy produces more jealousy and envy than money. He said, people can see you rich, and they might be jealousy your money. He said, people can see you in a certain position they may want to be in, and they can be jealous that. People see you successful and they be jealous in that. But he said nothing makes people more jealous and envious than seeing you happy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree.
Speaker 1: When you're in a position of joy like you ever had somebody say, man, what you're so happy for?
Speaker 2: What you're smiling about? Absolutely, I'm happy, you know what.
Speaker 3: And the craziest thing, I don't think I've been as happy as I've been the last couple of years. Like when I say I'm happy, just I enjoy life like you know, I've been a Pinionta in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: But I've still been happy because it's like I got my family.
Speaker 2: You know, yesterday what.
Speaker 3: I spoke at my kid's game. My daughter was pitching and she was striking girls out. She got to double in a triple. My son is going to college this year. I got another one graduating in it.
Speaker 2: It's like, you're happy. What brings you know? What brings me so much joy?
Speaker 3: My family absolutely like they when I say so much joy, I don't care what happened in this world. When I see my kids, it's like everything is taken away.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing my therapist said.
Speaker 1: He said, you have a circle of truth, right, and there's a circle of truth around you, and things in that circle of truth are what make you happy. And as long as you wake up every day and that circle of truth is what it is, you're gonna always be in a position of joy.
Speaker 2: And then the brother Joy that called.
Speaker 1: Up this morning, he made me think about that when he was just he was like, I'm just happy. He was like, I'm happy, and people be trying to disturb my piece. You can't disturb my piece. I'm not going to allow you to disturb my piece. There is nothing you can do to remove me from my position to joy.
Speaker 3: Nothing I feel s Let's open up the phone lines. What makes you happy? What is your joy?
Speaker 2: What is your position of joy?
Speaker 1: We ain't talking about doggy style, right, Okay, we ain't talking about being on top when it has nothing to do with sex.
Speaker 2: What is your position of joy? What makes you happy? That's right?
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one?
Speaker 3: Now, let me ask you a question in your circle, right, because I'm in your circle, right because I see you every day and am I behind.
Speaker 4: You in the circle or on the side of where I am?
Speaker 20: Where?
Speaker 2: Min? There you go? Here you go.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking you know your position, your bottom being at you a bottom?
Speaker 2: Where does the bottom go?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 1: Why do we have to do this? We shouldn't even have to do this. I don't want to do this with you today. I don't want to do this with you.
Speaker 2: I just I was just and certain is what happens when and when it just me and NB. Here he goes.
Speaker 1: You want to look me in the eye, He want to flirt? You know what I mean? I'm not doing that with you. Okay, Logan is listening all right, logan is listening, salute the logan whatever?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five. And what brings you joy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's your position of joy? As CHARLAMAGNEU was say, when you say position, it just makes it anyway.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not positioning of joy. I'm happy. Life is good. Put a smile on your face. You know what my therapist said to me, was talking about a woman, right, And he said, he said he was talking about a woman. That it was a woman in particular who people like the clown. You know, that person's ugly. And he said, Yo, that person. They're not clowning her looks. They're clowning her because she's always smiling. It upsets them. It infuriates the unhealed of trauma that's in them. It hurts them to see this person smiling and having joy. I promise you smile all day long, be happy all day long, and watch how you piss off your haters.
Speaker 2: Way more than that fake ass gucci you wearing.
Speaker 1: Okay, way more than that fake ass product hat you got on that product bucket you wearing. Not even really, ain't nobody jealous of that? But that that genuine joy. People be mad about that boy that spot he talk about. Eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 2: Let's call us up.
Speaker 4: What makes you happy? What gets you? What brings you joy? Let's talk about it. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Ain't ad your opinion to the breakfast Club. Top.
Speaker 2: Come on eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 3: Morning, everybody at j n V, Charlamagne, the gud We are the breakfast Club. Nowfew just joined us. We're talking about what makes you happy?
Speaker 2: Yes man?
Speaker 1: You know, our guy Joey called up this morning and Joy was talking about how he's just happy, and you know, he's in such a positive play. And that made me feel real good because I had a great therapy session yesterday and my therapist said to me that joy produces more jealousy and envy than money does. He says, you know, people might be jealous of your position, they might be jealous of your success, they might be jealous of your money, but nothing makes them more jealous than when you are in a position of joy.
Speaker 2: Right, A smile and I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: The last couple of years, I've been so happy, and I tell you why. It's just you know, to experience the things that you experience. It's gonna sound so morbid. So many people have been dying and their lives have been cut so short, and they've been cut short at a young age. It's not like they've been eighty ninety years old. I'm sorry, thirty years old, forty years old, you know. So it makes you experience and enjoy life so much more so when I say I enjoy my family, I enjoy my wife.
Speaker 2: I enjoy my kids. I enjoy them so much and they make me so happy like that.
Speaker 3: There is no feeling then like going to my daughter's baseball game yesterday, or going to Logan's track me or even just daddy daddy daughter date night with Madison, or you know, going to their dance stuff.
Speaker 2: It just makes me.
Speaker 3: And I love picking up my kids from school. I love when they come out and they see you and they run to you and they give you that hug like no mother. Those are the things that make me joy and that's why I always post it because they make me so happy.
Speaker 2: I enjoy life.
Speaker 1: I was raised on the dirt road in Monks Corner, South Carolina. I used to work at Taco Bell. You know what I mean, I sold crack. Okay, I've been hitting out of trouble a lot in my life. And at this age to be born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, be approaching forty.
Speaker 2: Five years old.
Speaker 1: As you said, just to wake up every day a blessing. To wake up every day is a privilege.
Speaker 2: I wake up. I got a beautiful wife, I got four beautiful daughters.
Speaker 1: I have a circle of friends and family that well, first, I don't have a circle of friends, have a circle of family.
Speaker 2: If you around me.
Speaker 1: That's why I call people my nieces and my sister and everybody, because that's how I feel. My brother, because I really feel like, you know, we're family, and I cherish my family so much.
Speaker 2: And to me, that's it. I'm good, don't.
Speaker 1: I really do not need anything else. Everything else is a bonus now. The opportunity to get to come to wake up every morning and do something that I love to do, morning radio amazing and everything else that I'm doing, you know, career wise, stems from you know, doing morning radio.
Speaker 2: That is just a plus. But you know it's funny.
Speaker 1: My therapist we even got on that conversation because he talked about how he sees how.
Speaker 2: Much fun we're having.
Speaker 1: In the morning, he said, you and Envy are having so much fun.
Speaker 2: He said, when Jess.
Speaker 1: Is up there, y'all look like y'all, he said, it feels like a party for three Hours's my therapist like, I hope I'm not overstepping by saying this, but he's just like, he said, it just feels like y'all are having so much fun. And he said it looked like y'are having so much fun, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's that's what it feels like.
Speaker 3: And you know when people when people are hatefullest for you, or when people are mad at you, or when you have that person that's always hating on you or don't like what you do, it's usually because, like you said, they don't have that joy, that happiness. They don't have the thing that makes you happy.
Speaker 2: People say, what's so funny? Why are you so happy?
Speaker 1: Why the hell should not be you know what I'm saying, what you're smiling for? Like, imagine just walking in the room smiling and somebody what you smiling for? Why shouldn't I be smiling if I came in here with a mean mug? You wouldn't have a problem with you know what I'm saying. I am operating from a position to joy. I am extremely happy. I love my life and that's how it's gonna be a Kuna matada.
Speaker 2: God damn it. And you know one other thing my therapist said to me.
Speaker 1: My therapist said, but you know you talk about when people come at you, my therapist that you can't have you You can't have those kind of problems without your kind of success. Of course, if you don't want those problems, then just simply don't be successful. It's me don't be happy, right, That's it, so that all of it comes.
Speaker 2: With the territory. That's right. Hello, who's this Hello?
Speaker 12: Yo'n flash Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: Eric from Brooklyn? What what brings you joy?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 9: I love dancing man, grew up a free style dance and break dancing.
Speaker 18: You know, I'm a free style dancer.
Speaker 12: And I wanted to say, you know, y'all, don't be.
Speaker 7: Shouting up the dancers out there.
Speaker 9: You know, fifty years of hip hop dancing has.
Speaker 18: Been part of hip hop.
Speaker 9: Absolutely the pop lock there.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I'll bust your ass, just.
Speaker 9: Raise your leg out there.
Speaker 18: No, no, don't even say that.
Speaker 2: Bring your cobo bottle of dji, Battle.
Speaker 18: DJ, y'all play the music.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 18: How to dance on a dance floor.
Speaker 2: I'll mention with me, battle and and do that. What you're gonna put on?
Speaker 1: Tell me what song you're gonna put on, and I tell you what song I'm gonna put on.
Speaker 18: Bro, Let's let's go to a club.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna real about it.
Speaker 9: I can't even go to clubs men, because I ain't.
Speaker 14: Got no friends like that, you know.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm keeping a rip and going out by yourself as a man a little bit difficult. I mean, even my birthday broke December thirty.
Speaker 9: First, I don't even go out because they've raised the prices three and going out by myself is not a good look.
Speaker 18: Yo.
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't go. I don't go out either, But don't challenge me again. I'll butt your ass. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna put on you talking, keep talking all the time.
Speaker 18: Bro, let's go.
Speaker 12: Let's don't challenge me and then let's.
Speaker 17: Not do it.
Speaker 2: I'll put Uncle Louke on. Okay, I want to put your hands up high your ass down. Draw to the floor. You don't want no problem you.
Speaker 3: It would look so stupid to you. Two fifty year old brothers dancing badly.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be break dancing and I'm gonna be putting my hands up high, my ass down.
Speaker 2: Lord, I'm a hot. Draw it to the floor. Hello, Hello, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 20: All right?
Speaker 14: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey, Jimmy, we're just talking about joy. What brings you a joy? What what makes you happy?
Speaker 14: Well, the most thing that makes me happy is my daughter. Uh today she's getting the National fidears on the Society should get an award today. And I always try to push it be better than what.
Speaker 3: I absolutely no that that's what it is. I mean, and that's what it should be. We should be living for our kids. We should be making sure our kids are happy, and we should be wanting to spend as much time with our kids as possible.
Speaker 4: Like, you gotta be there for your kids.
Speaker 3: You gotta hold them, you gotta hug them, you gotta mold them, you gotta chow them what's right and what's wrong.
Speaker 4: And for me, like I said that, that makes me happy.
Speaker 1: You know I say that all the time. There's certain people. There's certain people that I hear talk. There's certain people out here say things, and I see how they act, and the first thing I think is they cannot have a family. There's no way they got a wife that loves them or some kids that they love, and they acting like that because they are not happy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, let's go to one more caller. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 16: Good morning mom?
Speaker 2: What's up? Mom? Dukes? How you feeling good?
Speaker 9: Real good?
Speaker 12: Real good?
Speaker 2: But what makes you happy, Mom Dukes?
Speaker 16: The fact that my seven kids and I can still be on a positive note after casting out their dad thirty years. Over thirty years, but you know my seven kids and you know it was a struggle.
Speaker 1: Oh man, sending you condolences, absolutely, thank you and appreciate it.
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 12: Actually?
Speaker 7: Young?
Speaker 21: Guys?
Speaker 16: He was almost fifty three and he did.
Speaker 2: Not at all, He didn't what.
Speaker 16: He didn't look at a.
Speaker 2: How did he pass? If you don't mind me? Asked?
Speaker 16: Come to find out?
Speaker 12: Which was a shocker?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 2: You said, yeah, wow, yeah wow.
Speaker 3: Do you think it was like maybe somebody laced some some weed or something like that.
Speaker 2: Don't say it was the weak pretty much? Do you think it was weed?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 17: Yeah, Jesus, come on, don't tell me that Jesus seriously, Like when she said it was a shocker, that means that he wasn't a druggie that somebody like probably lace And you've been seeing so many cases of people lacing things like that.
Speaker 3: That's why you know, people to always tell people when you do get your cannabis.
Speaker 2: So you're weed, you know, you go to a dispensary.
Speaker 3: But you know, we want to salut you get because you were saying that your family makes you happy.
Speaker 16: Oh yes, one of them. Well, my son seven and he used to play for organ now was at Jackson's day and when and he just you know started school pretty much and you know he has to fall back for a minute, you know in its mind and you know, play things over pretty much. You just wait roldplay you know the last moment because it was understand and you know, like you said, joy and envy and jealousy, you know everybody even that happened, and you know people still wasn't you know, have remorse for you Like we kind of feel like in a way maybe someone did it on purpose too, but we have a way of proving that part.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well you just make sure you keep that family together. I mean the fact that you got seven, you keep them tight as possible. I try to keep min six as tight as possible. You do things all the time. You try to take vacations with each other. You try to make sure you have those dinners, whether it's Easter, the birthday, Christmas, like, you try to keep them as close as possible so that when you know, when you when you.
Speaker 2: Move on, they always have each other's backs, you know, right, all right, Well, you and Mama and keep and keep smiling.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, And I appreciate you guys too.
Speaker 14: You got out of light up month love.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right.
Speaker 1: That that phone call right there is exactly why you should wake up every day and regardless of what's going on in your life, you should smile and you should be happy because you're still here. For a lot of us men, that's our biggest fear, right, you know, we got these families, we got these wives, and then you know, something unexpected happening. We're no longer here and they got to navigate this earthly terrain correct by themselves. Like as a man, I don't know about everybody else. That's my that's that's my biggest concern. But as my therapist says, of faith and anxiety cannot coexist. Okay, so I will only speak positive things, but I'm definitely sitting healing energy to that that that that young woman and her family.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: That's right, eight straight life, y'all, five eight five one oh five one. We're just asking what brings you joy? What makes you happy? Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: It's a breakfast club, good morning.
Speaker 5: It's topic times called eight hundred five five five one.
Speaker 2: To join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is j Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the breakfast club nowphew, just joining us. We're asking what brings you joy? What makes you happy? A right that this conversation comes from a gentleman named Joey who called this morning.
Speaker 2: Throw and get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: And he was just like he wanted to shout out all the miserable people in the world because he said, he smiles, he's at a place of peace and he's happy, and nobody could take that piece from him.
Speaker 2: And he smiles all the time and his life is happy.
Speaker 1: And the irony of that is literally yesterday I had a great therapy session, and I called envy after the therapy session, and I told him what my therapist told me, because it was real. He said, my therapist said joy produces more jealousy and envy than money. And my therapist said, people can be jealous of your money, they can be jealous of your success, they can be jealous of your position, but nothing makes them more jealous than your joy.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: So you know, yo, you gotta be happy like you walk in the room sometime and people will be.
Speaker 2: Like, why are you smiling that? Why the hell should not be smiling?
Speaker 22: You're right?
Speaker 2: Come on, I worked for this piece, you hear me.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this? Hey, Hey Keisha piece Keisha? Good morning. When it comes from Keisha.
Speaker 1: You can't wait to get your head done, right, Keisha? I can tell I'm not evenna lie I could. I don't know why, but I can hear the bed b on your back. I can't hear that you needed your head done, Keisha. I'm not so high to they stop at Keisha. What when you're getting your hand done, Keisha, when you're getting your head.
Speaker 15: Done, I couldna coming.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna swing on.
Speaker 1: You don't wint him, take your joy when your head done, Keisha, I'm you want.
Speaker 15: You come on down here with look when he brings his little.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about coming down a little duval day this year. I really was. You bet not. Now Keisha, gonna be looking for you.
Speaker 15: Better slide because I'm gonna be the one on the.
Speaker 2: Head and you're gonna have your head done. You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have it done right now, but you're gonna have it done. What brings you joy?
Speaker 9: I got a lot, man?
Speaker 2: What makes you have for Kesha?
Speaker 15: Okay? So say so one one my own girl put me on their roll saying, man, I thank you sucking the life out of my body.
Speaker 7: So that's one.
Speaker 2: Okay, the roads makes you happy?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, Yeah, And then the second thing is saying I love shopping and I don't have to buy the stuff. So what I be doing right steal get the storm.
Speaker 15: And like the mannequin, I be just signing as the maniche. And then I will out and not be looking in the corner to see if anybody.
Speaker 16: Making picking on that.
Speaker 2: Coming.
Speaker 1: I'm coming to Duvalde just to make sure you get arrested. When I'm gonna give you a hug. I'm gonna say, Kesha, what's up? Stay here for one second and I'm a dog dollar number, and then they're gonna take you somewhere where you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Cool for the weekend. Okay, goodness gracious, all right, Kesha?
Speaker 15: You feeling all right?
Speaker 10: I appreciate you.
Speaker 15: Y'all have today, Have.
Speaker 2: A good day. Keisha.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell ya something that's so crazy. But your dad asked serious everything. She just said, Keisha Dad serious, she's serious. I just want you to know that she's from Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's serious. He's serious. See from Florida. That's Florida.
Speaker 4: I thought you gonna say that. Your family maker happy, she said her rose.
Speaker 1: The rolls in boosting boost, the rolls in shoplifting from stars is what makes Keisha happy.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jacksonville, Florida. Ladies and gentlemen, Jacksonville, Florida. O kay for that.
Speaker 7: I ain't in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: No, we ain't talking about you.
Speaker 4: We talked about Keishy that called the second ago.
Speaker 12: But what up, Keith, what's going on? How you doing this morning?
Speaker 2: He said, I ain't from Florida. We blessed black and Holly, I ain't from Jackson.
Speaker 12: Where you from, Keith, I'm in South Carolina. I'm brigally from New York.
Speaker 2: Okay, what part of South Carolina?
Speaker 12: I'm in Prosperity and looks down about thirty miles from Columbia.
Speaker 2: Okay. So to the eight oh three. What makes you happen?
Speaker 9: Keith?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: My kids, Man, my kids all day.
Speaker 18: I got fixed, and I got one on the way.
Speaker 12: I got one I'm waiting on right now.
Speaker 2: Congratulations black Man. Seven. That's God's number. That's a blessing. What are they?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 2: Boys? Girls? What you got? I got poor boys? I mean have five.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna have five boys and girls.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations brow you forty one, forty one the blessing Jesus absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yourself, so you could be around for them kids. Man, go get your kolani, you know what I mean. Go get your cardiovascular checked out. Make sure your cholesterol and blood pressure is low.
Speaker 7: No doubt.
Speaker 2: I will have a good one.
Speaker 9: Brother.
Speaker 12: I gotta be around to see my grandkid.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's the goal. That's the goal.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: What's the more of the story. The mall of the.
Speaker 1: Story is, Man, don't let anybody remove you from your position of joy. As my therapist told me yesterday, joy produces more jealousy and envy than money and success.
Speaker 2: So even if you don't have the most money, even if you don't have.
Speaker 1: The most success, you can guarantee that you have the most happiness just by making the choice to be happy every damn day. You don't gotta wear designer, but you could wear a big ass smile, and that big ass smile pitch people off more to design.
Speaker 2: You can walk in a room with some Louis and some Gucci and some product and some Hermes whatever.
Speaker 1: You can walk in there with all of that stuff on, and people will be like whatever, who they think they is walking there with a smile?
Speaker 2: I bet you here what you're smiling for? Why are you so happy? You're right? You're right, and that's the smile.
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: We should play Duval, Play Duval, Got bitch, And when we come back, we got your room and report. We got to talk about money bag Yo and his relationship with our selection. We'll get into a nexus directs sluggle morning with you anymore.
Speaker 1: One day I'm gonna tell you'll how that song was actually derived and created. Not right now, though to me and Dubal, like sixty seven years old, we really don't care no more. And I'm gonna tell you how that story was, how that song actually came to be. But I'm gonna tell you something. I'm looking at this headline right. It's in the New York Post and we talked about this earlier, and you know it's it's the whole thing with the Diddy lawsuit against it. What's the brand company called NOO? And the headline says Diddy partner favored Clooney because you know, he's saying that they favored George Clooney and cast Amigo's over daily on.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know if that's the partner as much as it is the people. It feels like the people have chosen. It depends.
Speaker 3: It depends if if Diagio spent more time and effort than funding and casts and not what, you still.
Speaker 1: Can't make me like something I don't like. I don't care how much promotion people do it all the time, not really.
Speaker 3: If you put millions in the market and people will try it and if they like it from there they mess with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't, I don't know what I don't know why casting migos got so big in the culture, did. I mean, it got huge, and it feels like it kind of came out of nowhere to patrol but Ben White right out and now you still got the culture still pushing Castle migos. They're doing songs about casting Castain migos. They rap about casting migos and all their records. Your culture has pushed casting migos way more than they have daily on, at least in my mind from what I see.
Speaker 3: But I wonder if the initial reason was because maybe the promotion was so strong and they were pushing it on people.
Speaker 1: George Cloney ain't got nothing on Diddy when it comes to promotion, bro. I ain't nobody drinking no cast A migos because.
Speaker 3: Not George Clooney. But if Diagio is pushing that button on another brand.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. Sound like he hang out with doors. Shut up, man, Let me remind you. Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Today. iHeartRadio is all Access Day.
Speaker 3: That means they are giving away cool ish right, seven hundred cool issues all right? For instance, you know I got to cast you going down in Houston Father's Day weekend. So if you want to bring the kids, bring the family. It's gonna be one of those events again where it's just gonna be a family funday. There's gonna be rides for the kids, and of course kids five and under a free you can hang out with me at the Drive Your Dreams Car show and all my Houston people that are be there. I think fifty's gonna be pulling up for that too. I heard these in town, so it's gonna be a lot of fun. We'll fly you out there and all that. If you want to see the TLC Shaggy in Vogue Showing Kingston tour, we'll have tickets for that. L Cool Jay's Tour. There'll be some cool passes for that online as well. Also, Ryan Seacrest, if you want to hang out with Ryan Seacris and Vagan for our twenty twenty three iHeartRadio Music Festival, you can do that as well. There's so many different things that we have that you can always just you know, just log online and click it in some of these things and places and you can be invited to and you can.
Speaker 2: Get those passes. All right. So that's Breakfast Club Online dot Com. All right. That's not a garage sell all right, garage, right, that's pretty much what it is.
Speaker 3: But they're giving these things away and they're gonna be, you know, flying people to certain places. It's gonna be like when there's a one year subscription the iHeartRadio All Access.
Speaker 2: It gonna be a lot of cool ish. All right.
Speaker 3: So when we come back, we got your rumor report, will tell you about money bag Yo and Ari Fletcher. He talks about his relationship with Angie Martina.
Speaker 2: So don't move.
Speaker 3: It's to breakfast Club in morning owning everybody. It's DJ n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast club. All right, let's get to the rooms. Let's talk money bag Yeo.
Speaker 2: A lot of name or you gotsipt God. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 19: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells right on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Money bag Yeo was on the Angie Martinez podcast and they talked about many different things. One of the things he talked about was his mistakes he made when his relationship with Ari Fletcher.
Speaker 22: I had never been in a real relationship before to word life, I'm talking to her all night.
Speaker 2: I'm checking in.
Speaker 6: And that's why I was asking, because that's a big transition.
Speaker 2: To somebody, big transition. So of course, you know, you know you made some mistakes.
Speaker 22: I made some mistakes. You already know what I'm I'm getting there with it. I made some mistakes.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 22: She ain't take that will and it got crazy to you. It gets crazier, like it's different like when you do something and then it's like when you have the person like call them and try to tell them me and thing like but I kept it, Geeto, I just keep it. You're like, yeah, you know, you know I did there. I'm sorry, baby, you know what I'm saying. I just I made mistakes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was then are you sorry?
Speaker 6: Because people gots say I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Caught No exactly, he said exactly. Listen, the best apology is changed behavior. That's all we all been the money back, Yeah, but the best apology is changed behavior. Yeah, I'm sorry I got caught, but I'm also sorry I cheated too.
Speaker 3: But the fact that he's able to discuss it and talk about it is what we talk about all the time. Because I hope somebody who's following in his footsteps so who follows him or listens to him, or looks at him as a as an idol can see the mistakes that he made, so they don't make those same mistakes.
Speaker 1: And one of the reasons he's able to talk about it is because he's sitting in front of the legendary Angie Martinez dropping the clothes bombs to Anjie Martinez.
Speaker 2: I Dodnet told y'all that In Real Life.
Speaker 1: Podcast is one of the best podcasts out here right now. And you are not going to sit in front of Angie Martinez and not feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Enough to just open up. She could have been a therapist psychiatrist in another life, absolutely easily. She does that easily. Shout to and Sheie moved to Angie mar legend is an understatement.
Speaker 1: You hear me, and make sure you subscribe to the In Real Life podcast available everywhere you listening to podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right now.
Speaker 4: They also discuss about them having a miscarriage.
Speaker 22: It's a song called going Through Some Things Hard to Love. What I'm talking about the miscarrid situation. I say, treat her like a wife about a big carrot. As soon as we're a greet to have a child, she had a miscarri deal with this. Ain't posting nothing online. I kept them at my beiness whatever, whatever the case may be. You know what I'm saying. But it's like I was really being opening up about the situation and telling them like this situation like her losing the baby and all that like broke. It was kind of breaking that bum because she feels like I want third four like how I posed to Ben, but whole town trying to get through my situations. I'm trying to work.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to this.
Speaker 22: Happened like it was a miscarriage. I love my baby, Mama lost my day, won my my left and right hand were talking about back to that then a year period like January.
Speaker 2: I respect that. I mean that's nobody business, but you and your ladies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, if you are gonna put it out and you're gonna talk about it, why not put it out in your art.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it in your own way of doing it.
Speaker 4: Also, So let's move forward south to Boosts and bad Ass.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Boosie was on The Big Homies House podcast and they asked him about Gunner and what he thought about the whole situation with Gunner.
Speaker 2: And this is what Booster said the dirt thing they came out this week.
Speaker 1: He said, basically said, gonna rat you think you can be had that type of label in this industry and have a successful career.
Speaker 2: I think gun it might be done. Unlets you go to probably another country. Damn. Yeah, because we's just safe. He's really out of him, say he out of him?
Speaker 6: He said, he said, you're working on I don't want nod to el.
Speaker 2: Can never sell a record again, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I just what if?
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 5: What if?
Speaker 6: What if?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What if they come out and say like this is the part of the playing guys like, yeah, what if he come back?
Speaker 5: And what if?
Speaker 2: He said, lawyers saying we didn't know none of this was happening. Yeah, So we talked about that.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then Gunner released as a snippet he's finally putting out new music and uh and the snippet people feel like he's addressing the snitch allegations.
Speaker 20: That card.
Speaker 2: Gun by the way, Gunn and done at all.
Speaker 1: All Gunn gotta do is put out good music because the reality of the situation is there's way more civilians out here than it is street streets.
Speaker 2: Correct, So like them same the rules.
Speaker 1: That you know, the screet dudes are applying to music, they don't apply to the regular everyday consumer.
Speaker 7: Off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but obviously we're seeing that for some reason, it's a shift. So street dudes are not even being a street anymore like we've been seeing for the last couple of years. I mean, with everything that they've been saying and doing and stitching on themselves with music and testifying and everything that they've been doing, you can see the difference is there's a huge change.
Speaker 4: So you can't pick and choose when you change when you don't want to change.
Speaker 1: One thing Boozy did say that makes a lot of sense, is you know, I guess the producer Weasy. I guess he didn't. I didn't see that, but I guess he said he falling back from Gunner. Really, I mean, that's what they just said in the So stuff like that starts happening and you're not getting them fire beats. That that'll affect your music. But as far as the consumers, these fans will buy it. They can if it's hot, they're gonna consume it because once again, there's more civilians out here that is screet dudes deducing start back in the way that will impact you more than anything else.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'll impact you more than you You haven't been ah.
Speaker 3: Right, you can't find producers absolutely per All right, well that is your rumor report. Now, who are you giving that donkey two man for?
Speaker 2: After the hour? We need a guy named Steven Schwartz to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 1: We'd like to have a word with him. And this is yet another example of why AI is the devil. We'll talk about it, all right, We'll get to that next. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Did you hear?
Speaker 3: There's a new streaming service called Max with everything on HBO Max including HBO, the DC, Universe, Discovery and more. Max really has some of the best content. There's literally something for everyone in your household. Max the one to watch. Subscription required. Visit max dot com.
Speaker 20: Don't you get done?
Speaker 2: You are an.
Speaker 5: I'm a and all that around.
Speaker 2: They want this man to dog and to top cat to make a judgment of who was going to be on the Donkey of the Day. They chose you. There's a breakfast club, bitch you Who's Donkey of the Day Today, Wow at.
Speaker 1: Sharing Donkey of Today for Wednesday, Today's Wednesday eight, Thursday Thursday. Donkey Today for Thursday June first goes to Stephen Schwartz, an attorney with a firm called Levetdal, Levetdal and Oberman right here in New York City. Now, this story warms my heart because I keep telling y'all AI is the devil, and I don't like AI for a lot of reasons. And I hate how people say things like it's a necessary evil. Evil should never be necessary. But the society we live in is always willing to accept some evil, especially if it puts money in people's pockets. But this story is proving one of my theories about AI correct, and that is simply you can't trust it. And this attorney found out the hard way when he used chat GPT to help write a Manhattan federal court filing.
Speaker 2: Let's go to CBS News for the report.
Speaker 21: Please, even a lawyer with thirty years of experience can learn something new about the law. For example, don't let chat GPT do your legal research. Stephen Schwartz filed a brief for a man who said he was injured by a drinks cart on a flight operated by Avianca Airlines. Schwartz's filing cited precedents like Martinez versus Delta Airlines. The problem was that while Delta Airlines does exist, the case does not. Swarts admitted he relied on chat GPT, which made up half a dozen bogus cases. Now the lawsuit he was working on has been tossed and he faces potential sanctions. Risks of ai I go far beyond poor legal work. Industry leaders, including executives of three leading AI companies, co signed a statement Tuesday warning the technology could pose an existential threat to society.
Speaker 1: Thirty years of experience, thirty years to build a reputation in law, one day on chat GPT to ruin it. Okay, Stephen Schwartzeu obviously are one of those people that cheated their way through law school. You don't just start doing things like this because of the technology. No, no, no, You've been doing this since at least high school. Probably copied from folks so much you even signed the person you was cheating off of his name.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: What kills me about this story and the fact that Steven used chat GTP. It's just that you didn't do the number one thing we were all taught to do in school and should apply in our everyday lives, and that's check insight, our sauces, check insight all work. You have to proof read and read some more to make sure you have everything in this paper correct. This is why when people say things to me like.
Speaker 2: AI can never replace humans, You're gonna need this human to make sure AI is doing what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: You realize how lazy Homo sapms are, okay, and how much technology has made us even lazier.
Speaker 2: Okay. This whole world we lived in, this whole world we live.
Speaker 1: In, is designed for us to do as little as possible. We want everything instant nowadays. We want everything right here, right now. This lawyer used chat GPT simply because he didn't want.
Speaker 2: To do the work.
Speaker 1: And guess that's what just another example that in life there is no shortcuts. Okay, it's simply not. And we shouldn't want to give up our critical thinking skills to chat GPT. Don't tell me that chat GPT needs humans when humans are just willing to relinquish all control to this artificial intelligence chatbot.
Speaker 2: Okay, because that's what Steven Schwartz did, and he paid the price. Imagine your lawyers in court asking the court to get your lawsuit tossed. He's citing more than a half a dozen relevant cases, and none of those cases exist, completely made up by chat GPT, Stephen Schwartz.
Speaker 1: Why would you not check in double check chat GPT's work to see if the cases they used were actual cases.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to college.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know how much study and y'all do in law school, but I feel like you would have heard a lot of these cases before, and some of them should just make you be a little curious. For example, you heard the case titles Miller versus United Airlines, Peterson versus Iran Air Heart versus Soul Plane three six versus State Fly Air. Wouldn't you just be a lie a little bit curious about what some of those things are? Okay, I made those last two stories. But the moral of the story is this. This is why the robots will win because humans are relinquishing all trust to them, and honestly, the way that things are currently going, people won't even care if the cases are real.
Speaker 2: Soon as long as they sound good. I can easily see a judge not knowing any better. A jury definitely wouldn't know no better. Why would they they not lawyers?
Speaker 1: What if a judge or someone in the jerry goes home and pulls these fake cases up, reads them and applies them to the actual real case that they will be trying. All right, they're gonna start trying real cases based off president that's.
Speaker 2: Not even real. Okay.
Speaker 1: I've told you all a million times. The lines of what's real and what's fake are already blurred. AI will obliterate those lines completely. Now, I would play a game with guess what race it is, But it's obvious Steven Schwartz isn't black, right, because even though black people may believe anything, we question everything. Okay, what's the first thing we say when somebody tells us a story that seems a lot fishy?
Speaker 2: This don't sound right? Okay? See this new.
Speaker 1: Generation, you'll operate a little different because y'all believe everything on social media, but when you're born in the nineteen hundreds, you are skeptical about everything. I encourage you all to read the Fifth Agreement by Don Miguel Ruiz. Yes, I'm sure you've read the Four Agreements, but there's a fifth agreement, and the fifth agreement is be skeptical, but learn to listen. Okay, be skeptical because most of what you hear isn't true. You know that humans speak with symbols, and that symbols are only the truth because we agree, not because they are really the truth. But the second half of the agreement is learn to listen. And the reason is simple. When you learn to listen, you understand the meaning of the symbols that people are using, You understand their story, and the communication improves a lot. That's going to be such a foreign concept. If y'all just relinquish all control and power to chat GPT America, you better learn to be a skeptical about everything as black people okay, our question everything.
Speaker 2: Learn to say this don't sound right?
Speaker 1: All right, black people from the nineteen hundreds, we say things don't sound right when it's no sound involved. You better get like us because the life and career you save may be your own. Please let rimy Marget Steven Schwartz the biggest he.
Speaker 4: Hull hee ha he ha, you stupid mother, Are you dumb?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for that donkey today, Yes, indeed, and shout to B E T will see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That don't sound right. Well, you sure we're gonna be here tomorrow on BT Tom's Friday. What's wrong? Just making sure be skeptical, but learn to listen.
Speaker 4: Oh shut up, BT, We'll see you out of mall piece.
Speaker 3: Everybody else that's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: What do you think of a I? Artificial intelligence? Artificial intelligence? Right?
Speaker 3: Because if you think about it, if you're attorney, you're thinking, you know, I could save a little money instead of having you know, interns and employees. I type it in chat GT Jack whatever it's called, and it pulls up all the other cases that he should have googled to see if those cases were there.
Speaker 2: But it seems like a you know, something a little easy that that can help you.
Speaker 1: And now third years of experience down the drain, your reputation down the drain because you decided to go on chat GPT one time, all people questioning everything about you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Also AI is saying, you know, in some vehicles, if they have AI and vehicles, you know, sometimes people fall asleep. They have all these different minds that now, right, But that's ail driving cars, right, but it's not too many cars.
Speaker 4: I know Tesla has one. They're starting to have it in eighteen wheelers.
Speaker 2: Now, escalades got them.
Speaker 3: Escalades have them, but not to an extent. You have to touch the steering wheel at it at a certain time. You just can't sit back.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have one of those. I can't afford that type.
Speaker 3: Of Okay, whatever, But we're asking what's your thought on AI because it could be dangerous.
Speaker 2: Just just imagine. Just I don't even put that out there. Let me think of another thing. Just think about you getting too a beef.
Speaker 1: No, no, think about you getting into beef. You don't want getting in all the beef. Don't throw the point at me. Now you think about you getting because.
Speaker 3: I think about you getting the beef because somebody can use somebody because pride moth to.
Speaker 2: By the way, don't be talking about beef unless you want to do something perfect.
Speaker 4: Example, let's say that somebody wants to say Charlemagne is gay? Right, what you cant gate game?
Speaker 3: But now somebody can use Charlomagne's voice and make a fake conversation with Charlamagne's well know that it's somebody else, and.
Speaker 2: People will believe it. I've been telling it'll be hard for you not to say it wasn't true. Let's go even deeper.
Speaker 1: Imagine you hear your best friend and your wife a conversation between them two talking about getting it in and all kinds of stuff, and the conversation not even real right, and then and and and you're about to go see both of them in the next five minutes. You might be driving on the way that you'll about to meet somewhere and y'all meet, and you just heard this call and you do something stupid, and then you realize that it was what it was trying to say.
Speaker 4: Man, So what's your thoughts on AI? Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's topic times.
Speaker 5: Called eight hundred and five eight five five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: More than everybody is DJ MV Charlamagne to God. We all the Breakfast Club now. If you're just joining us by the phone, LNS lit up eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, we're talking AI.
Speaker 2: Now, Charlamagne gave donkey to Day to who's Charlotte Uh Steven Schwartz.
Speaker 1: He's a lawyer who used artificial intelligence in one of his court cases. And you know, every single case that the chat GPT pulled up was a fake case. Now I'm on record, y'all can go back and pull up my donkey of other day. I think AI is the devil. I don't like AI at all. I just feel like the mind between what's real and fake are already blurred. Now those lines are about to be utterly obliterated. Like it's gonna come to a point, especially next year during the presidential election. If y'all thought misinformation ran ramping during the last presidential elections, wait till next year. It's gonna come a point where we're not going to even know what's real and what's not. Like, I don't believe anything I hear anymore. I was watching CNN last night and they said the Feds have Trump on tape talking about he still has confidential documents, And I'm like, why should I believe that? Sure, why should I believe that? All of a sudden they got him on tape and I know it's the fans, but still, why should I believe that, You know, even people like that wouldn't manipulate calls. And then even when you talk about from a money aspect, they say that AI is going to erase.
Speaker 2: Like ninety million jobs, and then you have people saying, yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, a ninety million jobs you're gonna be created. We're going to make so much money off of you know, AI. The reality is it's going to widen socioeconomic inequality in ways that we've never seen before.
Speaker 3: Right, So sometimes you got to you gotta think of convenience, or you gotta think of humanity.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: And the reason I say that is if you drive up any up and down the highway, whether it's in Florida, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, South Carolina, North Carolina, nine times out of ten you have easy pass or something that's very similar to easy pass right, which took away a lot of jobs because before you would have to stop and pay the person in physical but now that person is not there anymore, and they have these machines there, right, which is supposed to be convenience, it's supposed to be a lot faster, which it is But how does it save money? Because now you're not paying those people's salaries and you have these machines they're shitting. The toes actually go down because you don't have to pay those salaries, but the toes actually went up.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't understand.
Speaker 1: If all of these companies replace you know, uh, these these people with robots, where are these people going to get money from to support your companies?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I don't like that you have all of these people in the tech world saying that there's a chance that artificial intelligence is going to destroy humanity.
Speaker 2: Why are we willing to take that chance?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, if somebody tells me there's a chance that if y'all do X, Y and Z, it'll blow up this whole room, I'll be like, well, let's not do it.
Speaker 2: Let's not like, let's not do it, Like why even try it?
Speaker 3: But you know, for AI, for certain things like I like the police dog, right, and the reason you like the police dog and things like that is so now a person, if there is a threat of a bomb, you don't have to send an actual person, and you can send that device into actually check the.
Speaker 2: Sites, programming the police dog.
Speaker 1: What if the police dog is being programmed by the same racist, bigotan people that we that we're dealing.
Speaker 2: With them, So the dog don't know nothing but black is wrong I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I'm taking it from the stand of Atlas that that dog can go into that building and disarmed whatever's there, So a human being wouldn't go in there and possibly use your life.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm sure it got it. I'm sure AI has a lot of pros, but you got to ask yourself all the cons worth it? Now, if they're telling us that there's a chance.
Speaker 1: That this could destroy humanity as we know it, why is that a chance we're willing to take? And people say things like that in regard to to like the nuclear bomb. Right, here's the difference between nuclear bomb and oftificial intelligence. What regular every day people don't have access to nuclear bomb?
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: You know how many times you didn't already knew somebody with your fragile, sensitive ass.
Speaker 2: Pase rage is what I call you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's a reason that you don't have access to that kind of power. People, regular every day people should not We should not have access to artificial.
Speaker 2: Intelligence, like a little Bomby pool. Now it wouldn't have been a biggie me like, it's just a little bomby me and just take I'm just saking. Just think about it, right, everybody's already on edge.
Speaker 1: Like I said earlier, Imagine you're driving and somebody calls you and say, yo, you need to hear this. And it's your wife, your best friend having a conversation about smashing.
Speaker 2: You might be pulling up to the house when you hear this call.
Speaker 1: You don't know what emotional mind state you may be in. You know what I'm saying. You may make a poor decision based off a temporary emotion, but even more importantly, based off something that's.
Speaker 3: Not real, or on the flip side, something could be real. And what's the first thing somebody's gonna say, that wasn't me, that was Ai. I didn't really say that, I didn't really do that.
Speaker 1: I am already ready. I can't wait to use that it was me. I thought you said it was the devil Charlamagne. It is and the Devil is working because that was not me.
Speaker 2: That says Okay, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 18: In Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: John from Atlanta? What's going on?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 18: He just working, just working, brother, But I just want to give it. Oh what's up?
Speaker 2: How you brother? Good?
Speaker 7: Good? Good? Yeah.
Speaker 18: So as far as the AIA TV to all this stuff goes, you know, what I'm seeing is that it is killing creativity. I think people are leaning too much on AI and it's not as cracked up as much as we thought it was gonna be because you know, people are, like I said, so heavenly reliant and not relying on themselves, not thinking outside the box. So this thing gets to go and a loop, and unfortunately, I think this generation is not willing to push back on anything that will in the end harmless, because if these things start taking jobs, what you're gonna end up happening is what happens when the Amazon factory opens in a small town. You're gonna have a limited amount of jobs, and then there's gonna be a ton of people that are doing that are wanting to do jobs that can be done by people. They're gonna be all going for that one job, and then the company can charge them or pay them close to nothing because they have so many people willing and desperate for those jobs.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: People are gonna need places to work like think about it like this.
Speaker 3: You can buy a car now online where you never see a salesperson or a finance person or anything.
Speaker 2: Click online.
Speaker 3: They you know, you order to call what you want. If they have the car in stock, they send it to you and they start sending to your bill. You never speak to a finance manager, You never speak to a salesperson, and nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Why would you trust that I'm born in the nineteen hundred, y'all. I need to talk to somebody. I've always been like that. I want to talk to no automated service. I need to talk to a human. You know why because when I need to blame somebody, I can't blame chat.
Speaker 2: GPT or this AI.
Speaker 1: I need to take Steve from such and such department, said X Y and Z. Correct, that's how things get done talking to people.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. What are your thoughts on AI? Let's discuss it's the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, and it comes up. That's not exercising your brain. All you doing is reciting. You're a karaoke singer. You ain't got no real talent.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? You lip sinking. I don't like that. Let's go to the phone lines. A lot of people want to talk.
Speaker 9: Hello, who's this god is from New York?
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 15: Oh my thoughts on AI? Like, I feel like it's really dangerous person formal and I feel like it's not and a lot of sights that let people just go on here and say what they.
Speaker 20: Want to say or do what they want to do, and put out.
Speaker 15: All the false narratives, it could become a very dangerous thing.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree with you, and I don't trust people that are just out here pushing AI.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: For someone who actually just graduated with.
Speaker 20: A bachelor's degree in criminal justice and actually I am a life of paralegal, it could become a very very dangerous thing. Like just say, like y'all said the guy who was a lawyer. Lawyers are teaching right, So it's like it's like us saying that Wikipedia is credible.
Speaker 3: What a lot of people feel like Wikipedia? It is credible, like it is, that's about it.
Speaker 15: Good thing, good thing. The difference is with thepedia itself is not credible, but some of the infimation can be found.
Speaker 13: To be credible.
Speaker 2: Like Wikipedia told me Envy was a gardener, and that's true, and I'm definitely not a gardener.
Speaker 3: But no, like you said, but even with Wikipedia, those facts on Wikipedia can be changed like anybody can.
Speaker 2: Anybody going and change It's not you.
Speaker 15: Can use all official intelligence for any website. The website itself is not credible, right, Someone.
Speaker 9: I graduated from HU, congratulations, thank you about.
Speaker 1: Come to New York.
Speaker 15: But I graduated in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: But what's Cool's John C.
Speaker 13: Smith?
Speaker 2: Okay, Luther Johnson C. Smith, congratuate you, mama.
Speaker 15: So it's like I do like everything, I'm modeling all that. Like, at the end of the day, it couldn't ruin somebody's wife, somebody goal intelligence and say that I did something Joe somebody, and they could rule my whole career.
Speaker 2: That's right, right, let's wait, thank you, mama.
Speaker 1: And I don't trust people that are just out here pushing AI like you gotta do. People that are just out here pushing AI talking about all the pros and if all the pros about AI revolving around money run from those kinds of people.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: You know what's going on on D day?
Speaker 11: MS be telling me in the card Breakfast Club with copy talk to us. Yeah, many, I think this AI thing is amazing, man. I think we need to embrace it. Honestly because I wrote.
Speaker 9: A movie treatment on it.
Speaker 12: It helped me out.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you want to be a poet, that would write poetry for you, man, I think we need to demystify it, because if so many of us think that is a scary thing, we're not going to embrace it. And I think that we people need to probably be programming or trying to get involved with it so they could have so they could connect with it and make it a better a better program, something better for all of us. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You said it can it can write poetry for you. Why would you want it to write poetry for you? I imagine, imagine talking about imagine if your if you found out your favorite poet didn't write his stuff it came from Jack GBT. If somebody came to up tomorrow and said jay Z didn't write none of his rhymes, we'd be sitting around like damn for real.
Speaker 2: If we found out Judy Bloom never wrote any of her books, we'd be like damn for real. So why would you want that?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, it's gonna help people with the career of the process that probably don't normally have it or or have the skills to do it that initially, but it's going to help someone's topics, train them to practice, and you know, at least get into the mindset. But that's the whole thing created.
Speaker 2: But that's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: The reason we write, we like writings and direct this is because it's coming from their mind frame, not not from mind frame of a device, you know. I mean, you want something that's coming from somebody's heart, something that somebody wrote that they thought that they came out, not just I type it in the computer. Because what happens if you type it in the computer and I type it in computer, we're gonna get.
Speaker 2: The same ding.
Speaker 12: I understand that. But we but we need to stop being so afraid of this technology. And it's like it's like the early days, like the police force, how we were so afraid to get into the police force and saying that we don't want to be policed. But if we were to answer into it, we could have changed it and it made it made a better police force. If we do it now at least from internally, so we have to and turn them into the program, you know, like like the dot com process, and we have to enter this and not let it get past that because then we're going to be sleeping.
Speaker 2: Well listen, here's the thing, thank you.
Speaker 1: The police force isn't a good example because black people have a million reasons to be skeptical of law enforcements, right right, But when it comes to artificial intelligence, you have leaders in the space. Elon Musk, the guy from Google who stepped down I can't remember his name right now, the guy from Google who stepped down to warn people about the dangers of AI. You have leaders in the space saying how this could be a threat to humanity. Why are we not listening to them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, but not not only that, it's taking jobs and we've seen it now, like there's a lot of people that have to retire early because that their jobs that been they've been doing all their life is not there anymore.
Speaker 4: And we can go from uh gas.
Speaker 3: Station pumps, we can go from easy pass collections, we can go to train conductors.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be to the point where the.
Speaker 3: Bus driver is it's gonna be no, no, nobody driving buses anymore because they're gonna be so driven.
Speaker 2: Williams is gonna love that.
Speaker 3: Shut up man, No, it's gonna be a problem. And my main problem is you can't decide. If you can't decide if it's real or not. The way that they can clone a voice, you don't know if it's real, if it's fake. And like you said, with the election coming up, they gonna make Joe Biden say all.
Speaker 2: Types of things until next year.
Speaker 1: Next year, it ain't gonna be you know, if you don't know whether to vote from me or Trump, you ain't black. And like if you niggas, don't vote for me, mark my words. And the guy's name is doctor Hinton, doctor Jeffrey Hinton. He was they call him the godfather AI. He resigned from Google just to warn people about the dangers of artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: And that's my thing.
Speaker 1: If you're talking to people about AI, and they're talking to you about the pros and AI, and the only pros they have are revolving around money and how we need to be involved because it's gonna put money in our pocket. But they're not telling you about none of the dangers and the cons of it run from those type of people, run from them.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to salute to all our lgbt Q lists out there.
Speaker 1: Lgbt Q, I A, E, I O you and sometimes why what's happening?
Speaker 2: It is your month?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is Pride month. So I just want to salute to to you guys out there. Well, I don't want to see you guys.
Speaker 2: I want to salute to guys, you gals, you days exactly. Yes, you enves you Charlott's listen, man, play the drop red little game. Everybody's a little game. We come back.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss Shannon Sharp. Uh, it looks like he's leaving. We'll find out why when we come back.
Speaker 4: I don't need them no more to skip it all you with AI, Yeah, that's I'll give it himself.
Speaker 2: It's a breakfast lug the morning warning. Everybody is stej n V charlamagnea god.
Speaker 4: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 2: Let's talk Shannon.
Speaker 3: Sharp, throll out a name or you gossip been when you chatting?
Speaker 2: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 19: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 2: Right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now, Shannon Sharp reportedly is leaving Foxes Undisputed after seven years with Skip Bayliss. Shannon Sharp recently reached a contract bout agreement which is going to end a seven year run, and they believe he's also taken his club Chase shape along with him.
Speaker 2: That's the podcast.
Speaker 1: I hope Shannon Sharp didn't allow these people on social media to trick him out of position, because you know, they always give him flack whenever him and Skip Bayless go at it, and you know people call it Skip baylss racist and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: Well, this was the big thing that people believe, and I'm gonna say social media believes was the incident that made him want to leave.
Speaker 2: This was their argument with about Demal Hamlin incident.
Speaker 23: There's been a lot of speculation of why I wasn't on air yesterday, and I won't get into speculation or conjecture innuendo, but I will say this, and watching that game on Monday night, what happened to DeMar Hamlin struck me and look different. Skip tweeted something and although I disagree with the tweet and hopefully Skip would take it down, but I didn't want it.
Speaker 2: Well, come out, come out.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to take it down because I stand by what I tweeted, Okay.
Speaker 23: I mean I cannot even get through a monologue without you interrupted. You could have came back.
Speaker 2: I thought Skip just left. I was gonna bring out.
Speaker 23: No, I was just gonna say Skip. I didn't want to yesterday to bit into a situation where DeMar Hamlet was the issue, which would have been talking about him.
Speaker 2: But you can't even let me finish.
Speaker 23: My opening monologue without you interrupting.
Speaker 1: Probably fed up, you know what I mean. I just hope it was his decision right and not listening to the damn Internet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do also like, uh, a great conversation, right because we don't have to have the great debate.
Speaker 2: It's a debate show. We don't have to agree on anything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And if you feel one way and I feel one way, we should be able to express how we feel.
Speaker 1: But they gotta be respectful, and it does have to be respect can't interrupt me and all of the other kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, like I said, but I know she and the shop going. I'm sure he has bigger and better things on the horizon.
Speaker 2: I mean, shoot, he probably got to you got to have to pay him out.
Speaker 1: So he got his millions, which he's already already had, and he got club Sha shaded with his own platform. He be fine, Yeah, And I'm sure I don't I don't know how long the now compete would be, but ESPN would pick up a sharing and shop and a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know all right now, indeed, Is has dropped the federal court case aimed at freezing Kanye West's bank account they were holding they were withholding U should say, seventy five million dollars now, Attorneys for Adidas and Yeeze said that they had reached an agreement that would see the sneaker giant voluntarily dismiss the case. Now, this came just after hours of I guess an emergency order of refreezing the money. And they're gonna let this money go. Now, remember last week we told you that they had a backstock that they were going to start letting those backstock go in a couple of weeks. And Charlemage said, if Yeezy and Adidas work with each other again, he was going to put his mouth on somebody's I.
Speaker 2: Don't know why you keep bringing this up. I never said that that was artificial intelligence.
Speaker 4: That was artificial intelligence, that was GPT, that wasn't you.
Speaker 1: I never said that. I don't even I never said that. I don't even know where you got that from. Okay, people keep saying that to me, I'm where y'll getting this from. I never said that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well that is your rumor report. And I got to remind, by the way, just for the record, that's still not in business together.
Speaker 1: There's no but you just say, that's a worry. I didn't say it, but it just you know, if I didn't say it, it was tagy. But if you did, really it wasn't. No, it didn't matter of fact, it is no. If I did, I didn't say, it's tagy. Okay intelligence.
Speaker 4: Now today is iHeartRadio Access Day.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean?
Speaker 3: There's so many cool things that you guys can get for absolutely positively free. For more information, just hit up the website Breakfast club online dot com. So, like, if you want to hang out with me and my car show in Houston for this day weekend, We'll fly two people out and you can you know, get free tickets, free access, VIP service and all that, or maybe you want to see a bunch of concerts that's coming up, like the TLC concert, Shaggy and Vogue, Sean Kingston or llll Coolj's concert. Or if you want something like I don't know to hang out with Ryan C. Christ in Vegas at our twenty twenty three iHeart Radio Music fessel that's possible. If you want to see behind the scenes at the Breakfast Club, that's possible. There's so many different things that you can win one hundred dollars savings at different stores, at home goods and things like that. So you can definitely head up to the website Breakfast Club online dot com. See what you like in good Luck all right, everybody else the People's choice mixes up next, get your request in eight hundred.
Speaker 2: And five eight five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Where's the best place to listen?
Speaker 3: It's Audible The homeless storytelling Here the latest audiobooks, podcast and exclusive originals on wellness, motivation, and music. You name it, you can find it on Audible. Sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club warning everybody, it's DJ NV Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. I want to salute to everybody out in Memphis. Shout the Big Sue, Mike T, Shout the Louis V. Everybody that came to supported so much to show me so much love in Memphis, and we're gonna do it all again Father Day Weekend in Houston. So last year in Houston was probably one of my biggest shows. So I can't wait to see you guys. You know we're gonna have rides and games for the kids, amusement rides, carnival games, face painting so much. There's gonna be Monster Energy always brings the bicyclist where they do all the tricks and the flips in there. Of course, we're gonna have cars from everywhere, old school cars, anxiety cars, slabs and trade the truth from Do to What, Trade the Truth and the brothers out in the Houston shout to seven to one three AB and oh everybody out there. So if you want to put your car in that show is Father's Day weekend, so we're telling everybody to bring your dad. It's a perfect Father's Day gift. Just email me Djanvcarshow at gmail dot com. We'd love to see your car and get your car bike or be a vendor or sponsor and can't wait to see you out in h town. Absolutely all right when we come back, we got the positive notes, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. God, Morning morning everybody. It's EJ n V.
Speaker 4: Charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: And don't forget today's iHeartRadio All Access Day. So if you want access to a lot of the concerts and things that we're doing, hit up the Breakfast Club online.
Speaker 2: If you want to see TLC LL cool J, if you want to head.
Speaker 3: Out to my car show, or it's a bunch of things online, so just hit up the website and those things are absolutely positively free.
Speaker 4: Now, Charlamae, what's your positive note?
Speaker 1: I had a great therapy session yesterday and I told you all some things that we talked about in therapy earlier, just about operating from a position of joy, right because people, you know, nothing makes people more jealous and envious to you than seeing you happy.
Speaker 2: But there's another thing I learned in therapy, and it's.
Speaker 1: Actually a quote from Wayne Gretzky, and I love this quote because too many people don't know where to go because they're too focusing on what They're too busy focusing on what was so Wayne Gretzky once you had a quote where he said, I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.
Speaker 2: I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been. Y'all have a great day. Breakfast club finished, so y'all done.