Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all all at all, So.
Speaker 2: Don't given them all black bus busy.
Speaker 4: Listening to.
Speaker 5: To show.
Speaker 6: I don't joy.
Speaker 2: Joy you gotta do that, love you.
Speaker 5: You got to turn.
Speaker 2: Well I can't. I got to turn the mouth turn. I probably got to turn mouth.
Speaker 5: Turn.
Speaker 2: A word of the money up, look me, come.
Speaker 7: Come out your uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 2: A good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, Oh come on now, dig me if you will.
Speaker 8: One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show, you know, one of the things about being successful. And I was sharing this just the other day with a young man and he asked me. He said, hey, man, I just don't see how you get up that early in the morning. I just don't see how, man, it would kill me to get up this early in the morning. Well, I sat down and I'm listening to it because it's just a thousand times I've heard it, you know, and my life is, you know, not too different from a lot of people's lives. There's a lot of people out there that rise early. And I just sit there, man, because I mean, first of all, I'm grateful to be able to have a job. I'm so grateful to be able to do one and several that I happened to enjoy doing. I mean, you know it's work and it's difficult at times, but I mean, you know I wanted this.
Speaker 2: You know you got it.
Speaker 8: You know you can't ask God for none any give it to you and be mad that you got it. Don't make no sense. You know the problem with asking God for stuff is a lot of times we ask it for stuff, we don't really know what all it encompasses, what all it really is. And I ask for this, now along the way, I've gotten far more than I asked for.
Speaker 2: I want you to do. Understand that, and you know that's His grace at work in my life.
Speaker 8: But I get up early and I go to work because I do understand something that it is not walking up to you. Nobody walks up to people normally and just hand them checks all the time, and enough checks to sustain your life, and not only sustain it, but to have a life that where you could enjoy and do some of the things you want to do. I don't know the person that walks out hands out that money just to be doing it. And then with a lifestyle though, where you can you know, give your kids a Christmas, you know, take your family vacation, you know, a year once a year. I don't know nobody passing out to kind of money. So I get up early in the morning and I get at it. I was taught to get up early in the morning by my father because my father says, aint, nothing gonna come to you while you lay in there. And you know what, It's just true, man, It's just a little common sense. Little old people smart man. They've been around long time. You don't get you know, some old foods out there, but you know you don't have to deal with them. But old people are pretty smart, man. They've learned a lot along the way. And waking up early and getting at it is one of them things. And I ask everybody man to think about this scenario of your life. If a day has twenty four hours in it, and let's just say you choose to sleep eight of those hours because they tell you you need eight hours sleep, So you sleep eight hours, that's a third of your life asleep already, just a third of your life is spent asleep. If you gonna do eight hours a day. Now, let's say you have a job that you work eight hours and it is not the job of your dreams. It's not your dream career, your dream profession. It's just the one you took, like all of us, to get it started. And then, like all of us, some of us end up having to state that because we've created these bills, because we check the check, so we can't leave it because we'll lose what we've worked for. So let's just say you got a job that you go to work to for eight hours. That's another third of your life. That's two thirds of your life. Feel how you want to feel about your two thirds? Well, I like sleep? Okay, cool, there's a scripture about that too. But now you spent two thirds of your life one on a job you don't care for if you're not happy that, or one that just pays the bills, and it's not your dream job or career. Another third of your life is sleep. Oh now, let's hold on. Let's talk about the one hour of preparation that it may take to get to the job. That's seventeen hours. Let's say your drive time. Let's say getting to your job for the average person is anywhere between thirty to an Hour's an average of what it takes to average person. Now, some people out there hustling way harder than that. But let's just say your average is an hour getting to work. You add another hour to that going to work. You've now spent eighteen hours out of the twenty four doing something that's either nonproductive, you're not happy with, you're not pleased about. It is not your dream job, it's not your dream profession. And rest of the time you sleep. Eighteen hours. Now you got to come from the job, so let's just say it's another hour to get back home. That's nineteen hours. Nineteen hours out of a twenty four hour day. You now have five hours left in your day. Oh, you watch TV two hours a day. Okay, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Let's put now you put two hours of TV on that you've just spent twenty one.
Speaker 8: You now have three hours in the day to do something super productive for the development of yourself and the future of your family and your future as a person and what you can provide for your family.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: Oh, I need to chill, I need to smoke one. Oh oh, I needed some time at happy hour. Seem like all I do is dry to work and go to work. I'm gonna go out with the fellas drink one. Okay, Let's say you spend two hours at Happy Ill nobody go to a Happy Hours just for a hour. Let's say you spend two hours at Happy I'll all smokeing all some video games. Let's throw that in there. Two hours of smoking, chilling video games. That's twenty three hours of your day gone. Don't you see how your day slips away from you? So why would you get up early? You get up early to get a jump. You get up early to produce, to plan, to become productive. You get up early in the morning to care about every single minute of your day. You wake up early in the morning because you have a plan, a mission, You have something you want to accomplish. The earlier you get up, the more time you have just for you to devote to your plan. You map it out, you make them, send some emails, whatever it is you need to do to get your dream underway.
Speaker 2: Then you go get ready. Then you get in your car and go to work.
Speaker 8: Then you go to your job, but on your job, instead of sitting at your lunch break messing around with a bunch of people laughing and talking about nothing, playing dominoes. Why don't you take that hour to do some more research, to send out some more emails, to put some feelings out there, to see what can get you in the place that you want to be. Then when you get off, instead of driving straight home, why don't you go somewhere in a meeting, you take in a session with some people in a positive mental state, group of people that get together. Network for business, not drink at happy hour. I set network for business. So after you've done that eight that you don't really care for on a job, you spend some more time pursuing, looking into researching, working towards sending out some more applications, putting it in some more time to build your new app discussing some more network ideas. Okay, that's your happy hour. Then when you go home, instead of chilling drinking one, having a cold one, smoking one, playing a video game, why don't you take that two hours and devote that to that business idea. You got to that family that you talk about, you really want spend some time with your children, put something into them.
Speaker 2: Do something.
Speaker 8: Man, with all these precious hours that God gives all of us in the course of a day. Take advantage of every minute of that. No human being has more than twenty four hours a day, including myself. But if you care about every single minute of that day, you'll be amazed at how much you could get accomplished in a twenty four hour day. But you can't get none of that happening because you sleep, and you chilling and you smoking. Okay, what has that done for you, your family or your future? Care about every minute of your day.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 8: Ladies and gentlemen, gentlemen and ladies, boys and girls, girls and boys, monkey trainers, circus, clowns, circu the sole performers, anybody that do burlesque, anybody that does Broadway, anybody that does church plays.
Speaker 2: All of you that are on the.
Speaker 8: Praise team, the dance praise team, who did not qualify for gymnastics in school. Yeah, I'm talking to all of them who has put on a little bit wait over the years and can no longer jump and have joined the praise team. I need everybody's attention. I need all churches who allow people in the choir just because they come down there and start singing. We need to start doing auditions, single solo auditions, your turn.
Speaker 2: This is the key.
Speaker 8: We singing in ding ding ding ding ding and hit that note and single solo auditions.
Speaker 2: That is what we need.
Speaker 8: And that's who I'm talking to this morning. And one more person, the tambourine player at the church that really shouldn't have it, that you want to take her tambourine. I'm talking to all of y'all morning. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Good morning, Shirley Strawberry calling for real, the Mouth of the South, Mississippi, Monica and the legend that is Nephew Tummy.
Speaker 1: All that off your chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because I.
Speaker 9: Always wanted a tambourine. It was always one person that just help the tambourine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we took it. We took it from a girl at our.
Speaker 1: Church because she just wasn't she didn't rhythm.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we gave it to Sister Bernice. Sister Bernice was getting mad at her because she was trying to over a tambourine. Sister Bernice and the ultimate tambourine players, So we took her from But I tell you my real issue on Can I tell you my real is the praise dance team. I really these praise dance teams young stopped this hill. Listen that just because it's just no, no, it's just young stopped this hill.
Speaker 7: What is it about?
Speaker 10: What is it like?
Speaker 2: First of all, I know they didn't make the gymnastics or the cheerleading team.
Speaker 1: I know they didn't they the dance squad at school.
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 2: But what is the dance squad? Though? Actually, for people who cannot be major rents.
Speaker 1: We don't their challenge flag.
Speaker 8: That's who they are. They are flag barrels who won't sit, go and do something. No stop, y'all need to get out of this hit. You can't jump no more. These little half jump shy'all be doing. Let's stop. Let's stop the praise teams at these church.
Speaker 7: Let's just do the.
Speaker 8: Choir and so we can go home. And you always involve watering, throwing stuff.
Speaker 7: You don't watch the praise.
Speaker 2: Welcome with him.
Speaker 10: People have called your preacher, but you're not criticizing the dancers. All right, coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll run that prank back with the nephew.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show, It is time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that prank back what you got for his nep were.
Speaker 9: About to get all the way up under them, Gum Shirley, This right here is ginger iNTS ginger Ins. Okay, we're gonna flow off if you way back there with that wisdom, do that. If you don't get back up in there, Lord ha mercy ginger Viters, let's go.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm trying to read Kelvin Kelvin Davis. Yeah, this is Calvin. Who am I speaking with? How you doing? Calvin? Let me make sure I got to write Kelvin Kevin. You you at the job? You work on the fourth floor, right, Yeah, I work on the fourth floor. Are you in a cubicle next to Randy? Yeah, matter of fact, I am. But But who am I? Who am I speaking with? Well, I'm not at liberty to give my name right now, but I'm bringing some news from the job that I think you might want to You know, this is some news I think that you would probably want to know. And uh, I'm just let's just say, I'm an I'm an employee from another floor and I got I got wind of what was going on on the fourth floor. And I wanted to, you know, I wanted to. I wanted to bring it to your attention because I think on your floor, nobody's bringing this to your attention, you know. Okay, So let me get this straight. You can't tell me your name, but you work on the floor below me. Do you know me? I've seen you before, I've seen you before. Okay, no, no, no, no no?
Speaker 4: Do you know me?
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know you know?
Speaker 6: So no?
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, okay, so how did how did you get to so called being the spokesperson for people who work with me?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 5: Man, Like I say, I just wanted to give you the news because the whole fourth floor, it is God's has been about you, and nobody's telling you what's going on. Okay, So obviously the gossip reason about me has gotten to you on the third floor, and now you are coming to to be my deliverer or so to speak. I'm just a guy. I'm just a guy bringing you some news. Man, I'm just here it. Let me let me ask you this, bro, are you are you flossing at night? What business is that of yours? I'm just I'm just that asking are you flossing at night. Do you floss on a regular basis? Yeah, I floss on a regular basis. What that got to do with the price of tea in time? Okay, where's the last time you've been to the dentist?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Who the hell are you? Let me tell you to be honest, what you mean?
Speaker 6: My problem is not really with you.
Speaker 5: I'm really upset with the people on the floor. That's not telling you. But you know why, why ain't you talking to them? What the problem is, man, is that it is that they talking about you and they're not telling you what your issue is. So let's get to the issue at hand. So you are flossing. You are flossing, that's what you're saying. Damn straight, I flass Okay, are you brushing your tongue? Come on now, you don't have to You don't have to question me about my hygienic makeup. You don't know me, you have never talked to me. But you're gonna side with a bunch of folks that I'm not. I'm not siding with them, brother, I'm not siding with him. But here's the call on their behalf. You're siding with them, Okay, kel kell Man, kel Ken listen to this is day dude. Really, you don't even know me and you're gonna approach me like this, So, Kevin, they think you have ginger vitas? Oh, I mean, are you? Will you go to your dinners? Are y'all cleaning below your gums? Will the dentists do what you do? And I'm laying there with my mouth wide open, and I go more than every six months, So what the hell are you talking about? Well, okay, something is wrong, okay, And everybody's saying that it's you. Is your breath, that's that's just you know, they saying they were in the fourth floor to go down to the lobby just to get some fresh hair. Because that's bullying. Well, this is what I want you to do, since you speaking on their behalf, tell every one of them, sorry so and souls, that if they got a problem with me, they need to come approach me, and then if it's that bad, I'll blow my strength as breath in their face. Bring it off, because this conversation with you is really way off face because you have no business calling me telling me say, can I give you some some items to mix together for you to gargle with later tonight? Can so you work, you work in the building, but now you're a dentist man. You know what this is bull And we're gonna settle this tomorrow first thing in the morning, when I matter of fact, I'm gonna go to the full floor and wait for all these sorry so and so to come up there. Who's been talking about me behind my back? And guess what you invited to the party too? Player, since you're gonna be their representative, each one of them lying is when they get in there. As far as I'm concerned, when tomorrow get here is gonna be a whooping And if you watch some of it show up since you the representative, because you can get do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Tell?
Speaker 5: Do you do you think it could be some cavities or something? Do you think you get the cavity my foot in your cabinet? This is what it's gonna be. And whoever else you want to try to take it out, they gonna get it in there. So guess what it's on tomorrow. I know I ain't got gingus. Are you only brushing in the morning when you leave for work? Are you only bringing Have you not understood me? Don't keep questioning me you can question me tomorrow after I will be and yours.
Speaker 6: Can you bring?
Speaker 5: Can bring why you try to do? Why'd you do me this way? Then I tell you? Then I tell you. Can you bring? Can you bring your tooth brush?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Can you bring?
Speaker 5: You bring your toothbrush? It's five fingers on my tooth brush. I bring them. They be balled up. And you will get to mister cleaning that you ain't never thought you would get from a bentist. Okay, just target and man, hey, hey, bruh, broh, calm calm down, man, just calm down. We're trying to get to we're trying to fix the problem. This is gonna fix the problem. Kevin. You kicking is not gonna change your breath. I ain't gonna worry about it. Well, guess what, no line jokers to come down there and sit in your cubicle.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: So do you you?
Speaker 5: I mean, do you want to know who? Who put this out there? I want you to know me when you see me tomorrow, go ahead and lay it out for me.
Speaker 10: Tell me.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Randy got me the prank phone call you man, you know what, you almost talked me to say something. You are lined into me. Yeah, you wait Tillas Brandy in the morning. You wait till I see him? All right, man, give me tell me what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land without a doubt? Man, they got to be Nephew Tommy and the Steve Harvey Morning Show? What what? What? What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: And nothing?
Speaker 7: You get your tea?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: All right, look, thank you.
Speaker 10: Coming up next it is ask the clo our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey is in the building. You're listening hard morning show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, Beyonce's Frionce Tour Round Up. Blue Ivy performed on the stage with her mom in London and in Paris. Plus NFL Hall of Famer Brett Barbe. It's trying to sue Shannon Sharp for his comments about the Mississippi welfare scheme and eighty two year old actor al Pacino.
Speaker 1: Come on, what al Pacino's girlfriend is pregnant.
Speaker 2: I'll turn he can do old white man needs to stop this.
Speaker 7: Scarface scarface can do that, he can do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna talk to these old white men. I'm gonna go ahead a meeting with you.
Speaker 1: Man Robert de Niro, he from the cole Old family.
Speaker 2: He can do what I can whe are you from.
Speaker 10: We'll talk about all of these stories at the top top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo Alicia in and Chesapeake says, my husband informed me that he's taking money out of our savings to help his daughter landscape her yard.
Speaker 1: And I told him, no, he's not.
Speaker 10: We are always bailing his daughter out and her sorry husband out of a financial crisis.
Speaker 1: So how do I get it to stop?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a hard way to take your money out of savings. You all are older.
Speaker 8: To help somebody landscape a yard, just ain't aything or so, this ain't no emergency. And if you ain't got money for flowers, then, as just say Finnish, you you're not gonna fit the win yard of the week. You're not fit to win yard of the week. Now, you're just not gonna do it this. You're not feel the man. You ain't finna get the green thumb. You ain't finna do none of that. You fina live in a little barren ass house. We can see whether the bricks is touching your foundation around your house. We're not giving you no money for the flowers.
Speaker 2: That's it. We're not doing that.
Speaker 8: Because it's just come on now. If it's an emergency, I'll help my kids. Yeah, but you wanna put some fly, you wanna do some landscap. You need some side what do your husband do some munch, some munch, Get your ass down the home, deep old man, and and and and get busy. Go down there to that do it yourself class and then teach you everything down there.
Speaker 2: Hey man, this is what you need. You need a spreader for some fertilization.
Speaker 8: You're gonna need yourself a wheelbarrow just to toe little stuff around from front to the back. You need the little standard set of gardening tools. And then you need to get your ass a lawnmower. Now you can't afford the one. See if you need the money for landscap, you can't get the line owder with your chair on it. Your ass got to get the push stand. Yeah, you gotta do. You gotta do some physical labor. Dog, This is a pair doing too much, doog, that's what this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, way too much no, And.
Speaker 8: I would just say, look, darling, I don't mind helping these kids a day in emergency, but please, let's stop taking our savings out to bail these people out of stuff that ain't even emergency. Now, when emergency call, they gonna need more and we ain't gonna have nothing. So let's stop this right now. You're not getting a flower bed this year.
Speaker 10: All right, here we go next, Chavelle and Boston says. I relocated for a great job, and my man of ten years came to visit me and he never left. I was thinking new city, new man when I moved, because I want to get married one day and my man is stalling, so is it cool to start dating other guys?
Speaker 7: Why did you?
Speaker 2: Does he live with her?
Speaker 1: He came there and never left. She moved to a new city for a great.
Speaker 8: Job because she was thinking great new man, new life. He's a moocher. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's a moocher, and he moved in with you because it's easy. And you know why it's easy, because you ladies, sometimes if you a man's life so convenient. Let me let me tell you something something I can't quote this exactly. Use something like this hard times produces strong men. Strong men produce convenient times, Convenient times produce weak men, and weak men produce hard times. It goes around hard times strong men all the way down to hard times weak men. So if you enable a man, if you enable a boy, this is what you're gonna end up with. And I'm paraphrasing that so I don't have a job. I'm gonna I'm gonna find the exact quote because it's really dynamic.
Speaker 2: But that's what happens, man, And you keep you just this is making this dude's life convenient. He ain't got to marry you, he's conveniently living with you out Yeah, ten years he's stalled and stalling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's made up his mind, I think, all right. Moving on to Bri and Tampa.
Speaker 10: B says, my boyfriend and I were having sex and I asked him if he was enjoying himself, and he said he was very sleepy and about to fall asleep. We have the same work schedule and sleep schedule, So why is he too sleepy to finish having sex?
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 7: That and you know that.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 7: Say?
Speaker 2: It ain't good?
Speaker 1: She's putting him to sleep and.
Speaker 2: It ain't good, y'all. But let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: It's not necessarily her fault though, mm hmmm, because don't we tell you something about sex?
Speaker 2: Man up? Sex is like pecha, Okay, it's.
Speaker 7: Good hot all cold?
Speaker 2: Oh it's good?
Speaker 7: How all cold? Okay?
Speaker 4: Deep?
Speaker 8: You know how many mornings I done woke up and we're back in there and that piece was just has damn good.
Speaker 7: I know we got a woman up though I can't eat cold, I know.
Speaker 8: See that's saying one more time oneman time. First of all, you're too damn close to the zoom camera.
Speaker 2: Talk. All I saw is your forehead just now talking to up. And he got his DJs on. I ain't mad at that. You got a little pimp pa. He got a little PJ with the piping on it. You know he looked like that. It looked like a little ice cream selling uniform.
Speaker 9: Deck Road, Deck roadj okay Wall.
Speaker 8: Dereck Rose got pajamas out. No, not that deare Rose, but there's a brand called deck rod Real. I thought you're talking about the basketball playing.
Speaker 1: Some no, but Steve, what you was about to say they was they were too big, because.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know good that way you ain't got no damn Derick Rose. You might as well.
Speaker 8: You might as well have on some sequille O'Neil socks a a a a hold of Monica found this quote for me. Hard times create strong men. Okay, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak.
Speaker 2: Men create hard times.
Speaker 8: Okay, you though you, but that's that's what happens, man, when you enable a man last one. Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times. It's a cycle, man.
Speaker 7: So tall men create short men.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Short men create tall men, and tall men create Well.
Speaker 2: We come back.
Speaker 8: Straighten that out for you, So y'all hang right there. When we come back, I tell Tommy what he mentions.
Speaker 1: All right, at the top of the hour. Right after this, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 10: Beyonces Renaissance World Tour is in full swing. This past Friday, the tour stopped in Paris. While on stage, Beyonce page tribute to Tina Turner, telling her fans in part that if you're a fan of mine, you're a fan of Tina Turner, because I wouldn't be on the stage without Tina Turner. The other highlight of the tour was Beyonce's daughter Blue Ivy surprising fans in Paris in London by dancing with her mother on stage.
Speaker 7: So cute, so beautiful.
Speaker 10: So here's the question, guys, if one of your kids wanted to try comedy, just say on stage, would you let them perform during your set?
Speaker 9: That's that's what I did with Tommy. Oh, I did my part. I'm still here. I'm still standing. Now, I'm still standing.
Speaker 8: Because you never know, you know, they might have a gift in them. I discovered his Oh, let me straighten out this quote Tommy had we were doing, uh oh yeah, last break about strong.
Speaker 2: Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.
Speaker 9: And I said, tall men short me and create tall men, and tall men create short men, and short men create tall men.
Speaker 2: And and here's what he meant.
Speaker 7: Well I stopped.
Speaker 2: Here's what he meant.
Speaker 8: Short men look up to tall men, and tall men look down to short men.
Speaker 2: Now short me and mad Now tall and tall men. Don't give a damn.
Speaker 4: Date end.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gotta get deep up in here.
Speaker 1: I love it all right. And other entertainment news.
Speaker 10: First Robert de Niro and now eighty two year old al Pacino's girlfriend, twenty nine year old Nora Alfalfa, is eight months pregnant, who knew Alic's three children from two different women, AND's current girlfriend has also dated Mick Jagger. And as you know, seventy nine year old Robert de Niro just had a baby with his girlfriends.
Speaker 7: So there you go.
Speaker 9: Oh, I see Gino said you ain't gonna out do me. That's what That's what he's saying, because you know, m de Niro been neck and neck for you.
Speaker 7: That's all that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I need to meet with these old white men because it's just you are doing a disservice.
Speaker 2: And you know, just you know, you've been a star, You've been in the limelight all your life, and now all of a sudden, you ain't no more. Now you won't back in.
Speaker 8: Now you are making all these kids, and I think you're doing a disservice to these children because your children's prayers should not be this small, because now you got these kids praying for things that's too small. Dear Lord, please, if you will allow my father to see me graduate from kindergarten.
Speaker 2: You know, stuff like that you know.
Speaker 8: Lord, he's Lord, if you will keep him yet safe so I can learn how to ride a bike.
Speaker 2: Lord, watch over my father. Come on here now because I need to know how to tie my shoes.
Speaker 8: Lord, watch over me, because I would like to have the experience of my father taking me to the barbershop for my first haircut. Father, keep him alive, if you can just through my early years of development. Lord, have mercy, keep my father alive so that he'll be able to see my first color drawing. Father, God, he will still be here, watch me turn in my first shapes and colors. Exam, Lord God, if you will, And I'm asking you, if you will please allow my father to be here when I'm finally able to ride in a cosseie.
Speaker 2: Lord buck I want him to see me Buckley in myself.
Speaker 8: I'm asking all these things from my father, Appucino and Robert de Niro, Mike Douglas and all the old white men who have decided in there it is in nineties to produce people like me. I asked you, Lord Heaven and Father, if you can allow my father to be here to teach me how to do this.
Speaker 2: Father, if you just let him still be here asking these things. Amen. Amen.
Speaker 7: Amen.
Speaker 10: Finally, in Entertainment News, NFL Hall of Famer Brett Farv insists that Shannon Sharp's commentary last year about Farb's relationship to a scheme in which seventy seven million dollars was misappropriated from the Mississippi welfare program cross the line from sports talk banter, the statements of fact that were both untrue and that harmful, that were harmful to his reputation, and he is suing Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: Now, this is according to Yahoo dot.
Speaker 2: Come, didn't he do this?
Speaker 7: What's untrue?
Speaker 1: You got a nerve?
Speaker 10: Uh, what's untrue? This is according to Yahoo dot com. Farv hasn't been charged with a crime. There's no one he'll face charges. However, he is a defendant and a civil lawsuit brought by the Mississippi Department of Human Service which depicts Farv as conspiring with others to misuse governmental funds for volleyball and football faculties projects at the University of Southern Mississippi. During last September, on his show, Sharp said, the problem that I have with this situation, You've got to be a sorry mofo to steal from the lowest of the low Brett farv is taking from the underserved in Mississippi and far of stole money from people that really needed that money. The judge will make a ruling soon if this case will move forward.
Speaker 4: You can say what it is.
Speaker 8: If you could sue somebody every time they made a false statement, bunch, you'd be so much you're ready money I have.
Speaker 7: You be rich though, rich, rich, super rich, doll.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even be sitting here with y'all this morning.
Speaker 10: All right, moving on, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour of June teenth weekend will be a weekend of voter registration action and we'll tell you why right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 10: This upcoming June teenth weekend holiday is a weekend of action for when we all vote. It's time to get people registered to vote for the twenty twenty four presidential campaign. We previously told you about the NAACP travel Band of Florida because the state is hostile toward African Americans.
Speaker 1: And now the governor of Florida, Florida we know I'm Ron.
Speaker 10: DeSantis announced his twenty twenty four presidential campaign. He's raised over eight point two million dollars in the first twenty four hours of his announcement. Desantas has aggressively attempted to erase black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools. He sees control of the state's Environmental Protection agency, and he has extend restrictions on school lessons about sexual orientation and gender identity. Meanwhile, Donald Trump is not worried about the Santis because he is focusing on other candidates. Trump recently said good luck to Senator Tim Scott in entering the Republican presidential primary race. Is Trump said, it is rapidly loading up with lots of people, and Tim is a big step up from Ron to sanctimonious who is totally unelectable. Registered to vote now, a register to vote now at when we all vote dot com.
Speaker 8: He is really he's to the far right of Donald Trump, and that's what he's playing too. So he's trying to get Donald Trump's base and the extremists to seven even more.
Speaker 2: To the far right.
Speaker 8: Because look man to exclude diversity like hurt all the HBCUs in Florida. What he's the statement he's making to white people and they have the stupidity to listen. Is if we keep talking about just them and them having their own, that further divides us as a people. You've got to be careful what this cat is saying, because but if you're not including us and then you don't want to give us our own where we're at now, you know, I just I just don't see it.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 8: And this dude is dangerous. Man, he's dangerous. I think he's more dangerous than Trump, I really do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Trump thinks that the more Republicans get in the race, he'll get the nomination. He wants to divide, you know, the party. So that's why he wants Tim Scott to.
Speaker 1: Be Yeah, the brother. Tim Scott is the brother.
Speaker 10: And when you look at the numbers from Nikki Haley, who's also announced her campaign, he's way down the list.
Speaker 1: He's got.
Speaker 8: Republicans ain't finished this, y'all know, good and hell, were ain't no Republicans seed to nominate no black person.
Speaker 2: Stop that right now. He don't want damn batiss.
Speaker 8: He knows getting damn well, the Republican Party will never elect a black person. They try to rehearse Publican and let me tell you something. Do you know what's happening with herschel right now? Doll doge to bring him on campaign charges man for misappropriating funds and they leaving his ass out there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, more of the Sea Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty four minutes after.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening Hary Morning Show. Well, the daughter of Bishop T. D.
Speaker 10: JAG's, Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts, was in the middle of a sermon when her wig slipped off, and she took it off and.
Speaker 1: Just kept on preaching.
Speaker 5: Saw it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Pastor Jakes did not let that moment stop or embarrass her, and she kept going with her powerful sermon. Pastor Sarah Jake says, quote, I really don't care because none of this is really necessary. If the wig stays on or not, if the shoes stay on or not, I know what I'm really here for. People are praising Pastor Jake's with comments like she is the real preacher ever.
Speaker 3: Showing her vulnerability like that. I saw all kinds of comments like that. I love that past dynamitee.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 11: The Jackpot Joint of Jerusalem where I reverend Motown. It was nineteen seventy six, we was at the National Baptist Convention. And I don't know if you remember this, Bat, because it was ninety seven six. We was at the National Baptist can been in your belt, your belt was not on good and your.
Speaker 2: Pans dropped to the floor while you was in the middle of a thermon. Do you really, Lord God Almighty, do I remember?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 8: I was standing now in all of my glory. Yes, you're standing now revealed, Yeah, revealed, But you were recognized. Didn't let it stop me. I kept right on. Yes, I was a Serena before she was Lord.
Speaker 2: Sarah is a white girl by hauling oats.
Speaker 8: If you feel like leaving, you know you can't go, But why don't you stay until tomorrowrow? Yeah, that's what I said. But anyway, I was standing there in my paints, was down round my ankles. I realized that everyone saw what I had been hiding for so long. All of a sudden, Yeah, the whole congregation rushed down to the front row. Wasn't no iPhone cameras back then, but everybody that had a paper camera that would roll in trying to get a click clip, snap, snap, crack apart.
Speaker 2: The camera stood down with both hands on my hips.
Speaker 8: He did and in my customary Superman polls, yeah, I finished the.
Speaker 11: Serving, never moved and was a proud of you. Remember that, Digg, I remember that right there and laying hands on you, I remember that.
Speaker 5: I remember you.
Speaker 7: Ladies come laid hand on you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, then they.
Speaker 2: Had, then they had get back.
Speaker 8: And I'll tell you another incident now, Sister Sarah Jake's I was standing on love. I love it, Dad, It mean everything to the I'll never holler Admitch. I'll never be the preacher that thank you go to school.
Speaker 6: You got that.
Speaker 8: I don't know no scripture. He just oh he did he Time magazine Maine of the Year all this year. I don't even know me.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you another thing I saw digging.
Speaker 8: I saw revend Riley Robinson one time, was preaching and his tentions fell out.
Speaker 7: Goodn't got him ighty good got mighty coming together.
Speaker 8: He wasn't quite as strong as Sister Sarah Jakes, so when his teeth fell out, he fell out right next to the teeth and act like he had passed out it, laying on top of his ditches. And why even laying on top of him, you just slid him back in his head and get over.
Speaker 2: To the hospital.
Speaker 10: Really, that's where happened. All right, thank you, Pastor Motown and Deacon depth Jam. Coming up next, it is the Nephew with Today's prank phone Call. Right after this, you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is everything ain't funny. Okay, everything ain't funny, but I'm meaning that we'll get into it.
Speaker 1: Find out what that's all about.
Speaker 10: And just a few because right now it is time for the Nephew and Today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got for it's neph I.
Speaker 9: Think we're gonna do something different here. I mean, we're gonna be stupid. That's that's as as as normal. But this right here is we're gonna make.
Speaker 7: A love deposit. A love deposit. Let me, yeah, let me, let me. Let let me just show you what it is. Ideo, let's go get up.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm trying to Tiffany.
Speaker 4: This is Tiffany, who's calling?
Speaker 6: This is Karen. How you doing. I don't know, I didn't know what I know we've been I know we've been going back and forth on the site talking and we haven't you know, really talked yet.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's okay. I think I'm gonna expecting a car. But yeah, it's good to hear from you. It's good to hear from you know.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean. We've been We've been talking for well a long time, well, texting and on the site for at least what five weeks now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, I'm what you called a coronal seriously, Mike, and I love the voice so exciting.
Speaker 6: You know, you got anything going on this weekend?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I just have to, like you know, go grocery shopping or whatever. But like, other than that, pretty helping. What's up?
Speaker 6: I was thinking maybe we get together, get a get a drink or two, just you know kind of yeah, hang out a little bit, feel each other out and if you if you're feeling that, you know, I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's cool, we can get together. I'm interested, you know, like I'm happy you called, and I would love to.
Speaker 5: See this weekend.
Speaker 4: You got a place in mind, like I heard that.
Speaker 6: You know, I was thinking about letting you pick something because you know, I'd rather go somewhere where you're comfortable, with an atmosphere that you used to I think that would be the best thing to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I love me. Look, I want to find out. I'll direct you on that. But yeah, I'm down.
Speaker 6: I just want to hang out a little bit too cool.
Speaker 4: I'm excited, good, good?
Speaker 5: What's good for you?
Speaker 6: You know? If you want to do Friday on Saturday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go on. Let's do Saturday to give me, you know, some time to like, you know, put myself.
Speaker 6: Together, tex text me you know the location or whatever wherever you want me to know.
Speaker 4: Hey, I can't wait to see you.
Speaker 6: Well one, okay, let's let's do this. Price, tell me this? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: What are we wearing?
Speaker 6: So? I'm not want to be overdressed? Underdressed?
Speaker 4: I don't really trip on that. You first take to be chill like I'm not. You know, we don't have to do like a five hundred dollars dinner or nothing like that. You don't need on a touch. This ain't a rocky brunch.
Speaker 6: All right, right, But if you don't mind, if I could get you to do something for me, could you could I give you my cash up for what? Well? What I want to do is you know, sometimes these things actually go wrong. You know, I don't see it going wrong with me and you because we've had you know, the way we've been chit chat and then going back and forth on the site, things have been really really well. You know, you know, I would like to get you know, like a you know, a love deposit of two hundred and fifty dollars that way of just go wrong. At least I haven't wasted my time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm just saying, what just happened? You said you want me to get your car up and send you a love deposit of two hundred and.
Speaker 6: Something dollars two fifty two fifty like you know that way of this. Don't If this don't go right, you know, then at least I haven't.
Speaker 4: It's love.
Speaker 6: It's like a love deposit, you know, if it go if it goes right, you know, then I give it back to you. If it don't go right, you know, at least I haven't wasted my time. You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: You serious?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, okay, this is super weird, and uh yeah, this is all weird, you know, I'm coming up. I don't you really know what to say, like other than.
Speaker 5: You could probably lose my number? Like you what we do?
Speaker 4: Like, don't call me like your corny. I'm not interested. You're a bum like I'm straight, like I don't know.
Speaker 6: Hold hold hold hold on, I wasn't all let no, I wasn't talking about you've been talking. We've been talking for five weeks. Everything's been good. We've been we've been on the site talking to each So the.
Speaker 4: Two weeks though, you're trying to ask me for a cash app for real, a love deposit? How corny?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 4: Are you serious? Serious?
Speaker 6: If you believe listen TIMI on the reil, if you believe in yourself, you.
Speaker 4: Know if I believe in myself, you're so full last out of her you have lost your in mind? Okay with you? Please like gather your thoughts because I don't know who you think you're talking to for real, you know what I'm saying. So I need to do two things. Lose my fing number and and don't don't look for me for real show up like this is ridiculous, Like this is stupid, you ignorant for real? Shut up?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, show me, show me where I'm wrong. If you believe in yourself.
Speaker 4: If I believe in myself, jas doing what you mean? If I believe in myself, if you believe in yourself, your dass will move around. Get off the phone. It stop wasting my time for real. I'm about to hang out right now for real.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, face straight up before you hang up, Joey, you could go, you could go your way, I can go.
Speaker 5: Mind.
Speaker 6: You don't want to tell me the two fifty cool?
Speaker 5: Got that?
Speaker 6: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 4: You know what it is?
Speaker 6: Is this your loss?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 6: Tis this your lady?
Speaker 4: You gotta be out your rabbit ass line. Ain't no lost this here, ain't gonna lost this, ain't no lost this.
Speaker 6: This is as okay, you know what, you know what. I knew this was gonna happen, you know, brother, try to be real. When a brother tried to.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, you might as well hey turn around, go the other direction. Lock yourself up. Seriously, you want to talk about black black men and brotherhood like this a wrap for you. We don't need you out here at your youthless straight up, like, don't call me destroy yourself carell I'm done with this.
Speaker 6: Can I tell you something else? Will you lead real quick?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: I just want to let you know that this is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your sister to Shave, Shave got me to play fall follow Yo. Your sister Shade said, you gotta get my sister. She's been on the right on this dating site talking to this guy.
Speaker 4: Where is she at? This is stupid?
Speaker 6: Oh we got you, baby, We got you good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, God did. This is crazy. I'm gonna get her. I'm gonna get her. This is crazy.
Speaker 6: What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the.
Speaker 4: Land, The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, now, all right, okay, alright, what what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Y'all act like y'all you know, you know it gets me every morning.
Speaker 9: It's like like you don't want my stupid, like you don't desire mine stupid.
Speaker 7: I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't get that. By y'all, y'all just make me, you feel you make me feel unstupidish, like you don't want it.
Speaker 1: We get it whether we want it or not.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, but you make me feel bad now, you make me.
Speaker 4: But you know who?
Speaker 7: Won't it? New York?
Speaker 2: Won't it Earthquake Father's Day Comedy show? They want it. It's going down Father's Day Night. I left my family.
Speaker 9: I've left my family to go to the New Jersey Performing Arts of the NJ Pack.
Speaker 2: I will be their Father's Day Night. I have left my wife and.
Speaker 9: Kids to come be stupid for New Jersey and all the surrounding way. I have come too far to turn back down. I'm finna be stupid as all get out me and are Quake Father's Day weekend, Father's Day Night, Sunday night. Now, I'm not gonna make it Monday. I'm not gonna make it Monday. I'm just gonna tell y'all were working Sunday. I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 5: S What.
Speaker 6: Do this?
Speaker 9: Let me say this, Let me say that. July twenty third, Redondo Beach. That's a Sunday, Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center. July twenty third, Nephew Time in Print. That's a Sunday. Listen, listen, how am I gonna do that Sunday? And get up and come in here and play with y'all on Monday?
Speaker 7: Where they do that at called do that.
Speaker 10: Coming up next Strawberry Letter, Everything Ain't Funny as the subject.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 5: Morning show.
Speaker 10: It is time now for today's Rawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 7: It could be Buckle up and hold on time. We got it for you here. It is the Strawberry let.
Speaker 10: Up Thanking Nephew subjects Everything Ain't Funny. Dear Stephen Shirley. I met my boyfriend one day when I was out shopping with my mother and my sister. My mom knew him, so she introduced him to me and told him I was single and available. I hated it whenever she did that, because she was dead set on finding a man for me. I didn't know it at the time, but my man, my boyfriend, used to twist my mother up like a pretzel. His exact words he told me about my mother. Seven months into our relationship. While we were having sex, he told me that I don't have the stamina that my mama has, and then he burst out laughing. I flipped him off of me and onto the floor, and he was still laughing hysterically, and he said it was a joke. But as I was kicking him out of my house, he told me the truth. He said he and my mom met at the grocery store and I was in the car. He said he asked my mother about me. Then he asked my mother about me then, but she was being very flirtatious and told him that she was a lot more experienced than her daughter is. My mother is forty two and I'm twenty five, so this is always an issue with my mother and I. She still looks great, so we compete for men. I should have known when she introduced me to my boyfriend it was too good to be true. When I confronted her about him, she laughed too. She said she had to try him out first to make sure he was right for me. I found out a week ago, but I still get sick to my stomach when I think about it. Not only did he with my mother first, he had the audacity to laugh in my face right while he was telling me the truth. I want to get revenge and laugh in their faces like they did me. What can I do to even the score? I can shut my mom out of my life, So what do I do? I can't shut my mom out of my life?
Speaker 7: So what do I do?
Speaker 10: Should I seek revenge or should I let karma catch up with them later? This is sick, I mean really really sick and sorry. But your your mother, who's supposed to be the mature one, the role model here, is to blame for all of this. There's no way she should be competing with you in the man department.
Speaker 1: There's just no way. She's your mother. That's not what mothers do. And this is not a game to you.
Speaker 10: I mean, you're twenty five, You're just starting to really get serious about the men in your life, and this would make anyone sick to their stomach. I see why you're sick to your stomach, especially with them laughing and all of that, like.
Speaker 1: It's a joke.
Speaker 10: So please don't don't in the future let your mom know anything about what's going on in your love life, and definitely don't allow her to introduce you to anyone or pick anyone for you. The fact that she said she had to try your guy out first, do you understand that this is not normal.
Speaker 1: That's not normal, that's not what normal moms do. I hope you see that.
Speaker 10: And that man was just really trash to throw that up in your face and to laugh about it.
Speaker 1: I would usually say, don't let a man come between you.
Speaker 10: And your mom, but in this case, I say, get away from them all and never let them know anything about your business or who you're dating.
Speaker 1: And that's the best revenge.
Speaker 8: Steve, I wasn't expecting this. Okay, everything ain't funny. This woman meets his boyfriend through an introduction from her mother. They were in the ghost grocery store. She introduced the boyfriend to his daughter. She hates with does that, but her mother's dead set on helping her find the man. Well, she said that the mom knew the god and introduced her. So time went by, and your boyfriends told her one time, I used to twist your mama up like a pressort. Those were his exact words. I used to twist your mama up like a pretzel.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 8: That's a hell of a statement to make, and it's rather shocking and then he told her about him and his mother. Seven months months into the relationship, while they was having sex, he told me, he told the lady, I don't have the stamina that my mama has, and then he busts out laugh.
Speaker 2: What kind of guys did.
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I don't talk about your mama right now.
Speaker 8: First of all, your mother should have never introduced y'all in the first place.
Speaker 2: That's just for starters.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you know you've had this dude before, why would you introduce him to your daughter, and then to turn around after you confront him and tell your daughter. I had to try him out first to make sure he was good enough.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing? I mean, I can't even tell you. This is not how henry.
Speaker 8: So I flipped him off of me onto the floor, and he was still laughing hysterican. He said it was just a joke. But as I was kicking him off my house and he told me the truth. He said that him and your mother made it to grocery store and you were in the car. He said, he asked my mother about me then, but she was very flirtatious and told him she was a lot more experienced than her daughter. My mother forty two and I'm twenty five. That's fifteen. She had you at seventeen, so this is always an issue with my mother and I. She still looks great, so we compete for men. I should have known what she introduced me to my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: It was too good to be true.
Speaker 8: When I confronted her about him, she laughed too and said she had to try him out first to make sure he was right for me.
Speaker 2: I bet did.
Speaker 10: Hang on, Steve, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letters, subjects everything ain't funny? Ain't that the truth? We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 10: Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subjects everything ain't funny.
Speaker 2: This mother and daughter in the grocery store.
Speaker 8: She sees a guy we find out in a letter that she knew, and so she introduced him to a daughter, and they hit it off, and they started seeing each other well. Then they started having a physical relationship, and he told her one day, I used to twist your mama of like a presser. Now while they're having sex. Seven months into the relationship, he's with this girl and says, you ain't got the stunt, stamming that your mama.
Speaker 2: God, she flips him off on the floor.
Speaker 8: He's laughing hysterically, and so then he decides to tell her the truth as she was kicking him out the house. Me and your mama we met at the grocery store and you was in the car. I asked about you, but your mama said, hey, I'm a lot more She was real flirtations and said, I'm a lot more experienced than my daughter. Because your mama forty two, you twenty five, So she's still grace. So you say, y'all compete for the same men. Then you said, when she introduced you to the boyfriend, you knew through it was too You thought it was too good to be true. When you've confronted her about him, she laughed too. She said she had to try him out to make sure he was right for me.
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on here?
Speaker 8: The dude ain't no damn good and your mama trick you. So you just got people in your life, little sister.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: You need first of all, you need you need a new circle. You need to you need to redo your circle. You have got to change the circle of people you around. You have to stop fragnizing and socializing with your mother. You're twenty five, get yourself some girlfriends. Let her be your mother if she knows how, or can wrap her that title around her head. But right now she tried to be your older sister. Y'all competing for the ain't men. So get out the same circle. You can't compete for the same men if you're not in the same circle. That's for startings now. I found out a week ago, but I'm still getting sick to my stomach when I think about it. Not only did he sleep with my mother first, he had the audacity to laugh in my face right while he was telling me the truth. I want to get revenge and laugh in their faces like they did me. What can I do to even the score? I can't shut my mom out my life.
Speaker 2: So what do I do?
Speaker 8: Should I seek revenge or should I let calm and catch up with them later. First of all, get out of the revenge business, because all that's gonna do is consume you with hate, and that's like a cancer. And all that's gonna do is take up time that you don't have, and you will accomplish nothing. Seeking revenge accomplishes nothing. I've done it before. It's a waste of time. My life got better once I let it go. You just have to let him go. It's nothing you could do. And so what you wanna laugh in they face? No, you don't just let calm and take his place. They not going nowhere. They ain't going nowhere. They gonna all watch you shine. One day, she gonna have to come to your wedding with a great guy you done met. He gonna have to realize he'd have lost you to Mama. Everything he's he's worthless. Don't even worry about this guy. Why would you seek revenge on a meaningless, worthless person. It ain't even worth it. Don't even put your time and effing into it. Don't worry about posting nothing. Don't try to say nothing. Put it on his bulleting board down.
Speaker 2: At his job.
Speaker 8: You know you ain't got to, you know, go in the parking lot and leave notes on his car. You know, go down to his job, tape information on his car. You ain't got time to do that. I do all of that, don't. You don't have time for that. I was just throwing some suggestions out, you know, but really you don't have time for that. He is worthless now your mother, like you say, you can't cut ties with your mama, but you can stop socializing, and that you have to, and then just put her in the mama category, take her out the friend category, put her in the mama category, and let her.
Speaker 2: Stay over there. And y'all, y'all ain't got to compete for men.
Speaker 8: That's crazy, horrible, what kind of yeah, trifling? Your mama tricky? The dude is completely trifling.
Speaker 2: Laughing in your face, but your mama laughing in your face?
Speaker 10: What was it?
Speaker 1: She had to try him out first?
Speaker 2: What you ain't got the stamma in your mama?
Speaker 1: God, hell, horrible, wild, that's the crazy.
Speaker 2: You're not, No, you're not one of.
Speaker 8: Lady. One of these cigar lighters on your ass. I got some torch cigars. I'm finna touch you with a couple of these torches. We're gonna cut out all this laughing.
Speaker 5: But I like.
Speaker 10: I like the fact that she kicked him out of the out of her house. She flipped him over onto the floor.
Speaker 1: I do like that, the young lady. Yeah, the twenty five.
Speaker 2: Doesn't deserve that. I ain't nobody, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she wasn't for a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the mother.
Speaker 8: Should have never introduced him in the first place. You've been with this dude. You're gonna introduce him to your daughter?
Speaker 2: Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's how that makes sense.
Speaker 2: You find out your child not normal.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 10: Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and on Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You can download it right now. Coming up in forty six minutes after.
Speaker 10: The hour, Nephew, Tommy is in for Junior and Sports Talk right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. All right, guys, Junior's out today. Tommy is in for Junior with Sports Talk. What you got, Tommy, Well, we got to show juniors love.
Speaker 6: Now you know.
Speaker 9: Keir's Hope is coming up June third in Dallas, Texas. All right, that's the big walk that's going on. What is the website, Shirley, It.
Speaker 1: Is kirs Hoope dot org, k I E R S dot org.
Speaker 2: Love the way you have got the information?
Speaker 10: I love that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know, but the team outfit, team.
Speaker 1: Work from yesterday? Team work?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, don't don't don't you know what? Don't don't don't work?
Speaker 7: Well? Is it gonna be teamwork tonight? What you think?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: We got it?
Speaker 7: This is going down. This is the first game of the NBA Finals.
Speaker 9: This is who the Miami Heat against the dipping knucket baby, first game of night?
Speaker 7: Who you got?
Speaker 8: Nobody is giving Miami a chance? I know, hey, man, do you know what's alarming me? They're crowning Yokovic as the greatest basketball player on earth. I've heard several sports shows say this. I'm sitting here gonna what.
Speaker 2: Did they kill me?
Speaker 6: Look?
Speaker 8: Yokovich is the greatest basketball player on earth right now?
Speaker 2: What you trying to tell me? You will take yok Yokovic over the Greek? Serious? Man, you got to be kidding me.
Speaker 9: Man, So.
Speaker 2: Greek is not Lebron is not.
Speaker 7: He still ain't better than the Greek. He still ain't better than Lebron.
Speaker 2: It's just amazing how they are.
Speaker 8: Man, Fine, a white person that can play all of a sudden, he the greatest. They was trying to do it with Larry Bird. And let me tell you something, man, that dog one, Larry Bird Lord hembers that boy could play some basketball. He wasn't the best player in the league.
Speaker 1: But man, hell no, he's not saying that.
Speaker 8: I can't so mad when they do that. He's the greatest basketball player in the world. Right now, play the clips, run run, make a Sisle reel and let me make a Sisele reel.
Speaker 7: And you tell me.
Speaker 2: And dog I can't. I'm telling you that that ain't had his work. Yeah, and they're not off there by themselves.
Speaker 1: He has a team.
Speaker 8: If you take Jamal and Mary out of that equation, they're not even.
Speaker 7: They're not even in the playoffs. They're not even in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, we thank you. Coming up on top of the hour, a guy need some advice from you. See, we'll talk about it right.
Speaker 2: After this, Jimmy Butler, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show, all right.
Speaker 10: So Steve Jay on Facebook rights, Mike fiance and I have officially gotten into our first major disagreement as we plan out our wedding.
Speaker 1: The question do we have an open bar or not?
Speaker 10: She contends that it's a quote nice thing to do and we'll ensure everyone has a good time. My thought is that the day is about us, so their good time comes second to our happiness. And I know how much my friends can drink. I can't speak for her side of the aisle, but I know that that couple thousands of one thousand dollars of booze and bar tender money would be much more widely spent on the house we want to buy.
Speaker 1: Uncle Steve, who's right?
Speaker 2: Are you saying nobles? Are you saying? Just restrict the amount? It is very dangerous to have an open bar, He's sa Mia or.
Speaker 8: Well, I think what you have to do is see I don't know your wallet, man, so it's hard for me to say include If you include a certain amount for the reception, this is the amount we're paying for reception, and this price will include food and drinks.
Speaker 2: When the drinks are gone, it's over.
Speaker 8: That's good enough, because he is right, it's their day, because if you open up a bar to inconsiderate people, they are going to drink an inconsiderate amount of lifting.
Speaker 2: There you go, and that is not what you want to do. And he's absolutely right. He know his drunk ass friends, and you're.
Speaker 8: Gonna put yourself in a hole messing around with them drunk ass friends.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be everybody who is endless.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: They get drink, they just go back get another one, another one that's been sitting drinks down, walking off, going to get another one. No, man, put you a dollar amount. This is how much alcohol we got, sir, we outa hennessy. Okay, we got any t doos? Yeah we got we got too.
Speaker 2: More shots of those and then that's it and then you got open.
Speaker 10: I think we have time for one more. Nicole and Steve BARBFM right. So I've been married for four years and my husband and I just moved back to town where I grew up. My BFF was at our wedding and has visited us a couple of times in the last few years, but now that I'm back home, we're getting to see each.
Speaker 1: Other a lot more.
Speaker 10: She's what I call a quote free spirit, but she's not blaky and does have morals.
Speaker 1: So when my husband told me last week that she hit on him, I was completely floored. I'm torn.
Speaker 10: I want to believe that he's just mistaken and she was just being overly friendly, but he says there was no mistake, and he doesn't want me to see her anymore?
Speaker 1: What should I do?
Speaker 10: I know my husband should come first, but she's been my friend my whole life. How can I work this out?
Speaker 2: What she ain't your friend?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: What's the matter with you? You stupid? Your husband?
Speaker 8: You had told you this, and he's letting you know. Hey, this is gonna be a problem. This girl pushing up on me. Now, I'm letting you notice right now, this girl you think your girl ain't your girl? Why would a man come in there and tell them? Now, if he was a no good man, he take advantage of the situation. But you got a good man. Jane fan though, Jeane Fansty, Janie Fansty.
Speaker 7: There's that.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 7: And then there's that Okay, there's the integrity thing.
Speaker 1: She was fine?
Speaker 2: You see point?
Speaker 10: What this what you just said right then was really stupid. Stupid never leaves the show. Stupid is always here.
Speaker 7: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, better check her.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: I think he did the right thing by going to his wife on this one.
Speaker 8: And I think you need to believe your man, because if you don't believe your man, you finish find out some more information, because you you you you listed her flaws a minute ago.
Speaker 2: What you say. But she's she's a free spirit.
Speaker 8: Well okay, now she's showing you what you've overlooked it because you always just friends.
Speaker 2: Now she's freely hitting on your man, and you're stupid if you don't hear it.
Speaker 1: At that's right, that's right. Okay, think you seem number.
Speaker 10: Twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: All right, So Steve, tell us about this powerful daily green powder drink, Elevate You.
Speaker 8: Tell us about this call elevate You all aposiphy eva t e dot com.
Speaker 2: Go and get it.
Speaker 8: The testimonials are all coming in. It's getting rave reviews, is doing really really well. It is selling out. Go to elevate you dot com and get yours. Now here's the other thing. On June ninth, Walmart will start carrying several new products from Elevate You. They will start carrying these same delicious green drinks in stick powder form.
Speaker 2: You can now have them to go.
Speaker 1: Convenience.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, put the pack in. It's convenient and your parents.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: Secondly, we're coming up with three delicious gummies. The gummies will help you with one.
Speaker 8: For digestion, one for your immunity, and one for your metabolism. So if you want to get a boost better digestion and take care better care of yourself, the new Elevate You Gummies will be in Walmart, oh June.
Speaker 1: Night loud.
Speaker 6: In l.
Speaker 2: The Knife.
Speaker 1: The time for un all right to show one that just sto.
Speaker 2: Dot com coming up.
Speaker 1: At thirty three minutes after we'll play another round would you rather?
Speaker 10: Right after this you're listening morning show time for a round of would you rather?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 10: Would you rather spend the rest of your life totally indoors or totally outdoors?
Speaker 1: We outside or we inside?
Speaker 7: What I'm gonna go outside? I got wait, abut I'm out there for.
Speaker 1: But outside the rest of you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give me a tent. Yeah, I give me a two bigg of some.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: What Steve, what did you say?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I gotta get a tent of someday. You can't just be talking about just standing out there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this this can't be niked in the three Yeah, I'm telling you right now, you ain't no animal, you ain't no bell.
Speaker 2: Well you just go laid out in the winter and get me comfortable.
Speaker 8: No, lord, I stay out here, but we're gonna need a tent, some heaters, something, all right.
Speaker 10: So, so would you rather travel in a tiny house or a camper van than keeping kind of on that same.
Speaker 12: Theme campra van not traveling in a tiny house, but you can put it in a I don't want no, hell no, but you can know where you walk.
Speaker 7: They're too damn but that bathroom is too close to that kit.
Speaker 2: It's right next to the stove.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you can sit on the tarlet and handle your business and check on your food in the oven at the same time. We're too damn close. We're too damn close. We're too damn close. If they sitting right there watching TV and me, we're too damn close.
Speaker 1: There's a door on the bathroom in the tiny house.
Speaker 2: Damn that not in no tighty hair. They just letting lid down.
Speaker 8: And then they have all these little tricks, like you open it up one day it's a tarleet, you open another day it's a cabinet. Yeah, yeah, I need to be a tarnet together. Yeah, I don't need all that. What do you mean it's not a toilet in two Winds. All right, Now, we got some company over the house and they sitting over there in the living room, and I'm right there. Oh my Gorden. We get it raining, but we all trying to know each other because we're in this tiny house trying to act like this spacious I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm trying not to make eye contact at him while I'm over here.
Speaker 7: What my ass?
Speaker 2: I'm over here, man, and everybody.
Speaker 8: Trying not to look at each other so we can respect our boundaries and stuff. Now I got a tie up in my hand, trying to create some type of little curtains.
Speaker 2: But they can still hear me anytime.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, last one?
Speaker 10: Would you rather have sex with one person for the rest of your life or multiple people but only in one position?
Speaker 7: I'm not asking I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 9: You think I'm stupid, I'm sleeping.
Speaker 2: We right now, you can meet it, won't Nothing.
Speaker 10: Coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, our last break of the day, and we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Thursday it's been a good day. It's been a good day. Thanks to everyone that.
Speaker 1: Every day. We appreciate you so much, we really really do. And maybe early.
Speaker 3: Load that free iHeartRadio app in case you missed doing it at a show.
Speaker 1: That's right, Tommy, do it, do it, do it today? That's right. So Steve, earlier today you were talking about a quote.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I was kind of I thought it'd be a good closing remark to remind people of the difficulty of what we're facing oftentimes. And I'm talking to everybody, but especially to men, because I think it's important man, because men need encouragement. Because there's a lot of men out there doing some great work, man, and we just don't oftentimes get.
Speaker 2: The credit that we deserve.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of brothers out there, man, who've taken on families that weren't originally theirs. There are a lot of men in there who've stepped in to a lot of single mothers out here who had children, and it's picking up the load from something some man somewhere walked off and walked away from. And to you brothers out there, man, keep doing what you're doing. I know it's discouraging. So I'm saying, I'm talking to everybody because I need women to listen to this too, because oftentimes we get strawberry letters.
Speaker 2: I get questions asked of me because these.
Speaker 8: Women who have these men in their lives that are helping them raise these kids, they think that they're being.
Speaker 2: Too hard on the boys.
Speaker 8: And I just don't think that he should be, And I tell him, and then the man is frustrat because the man who then stepped in to help you raise your family is trying to teach you something about this boy that you do not know. It is impossible. I'm telling you, it is impossible for a woman to be able to train a young man into manhood. You don't know what it is. It is impossible for a man to train a girl into womanhood because we don't know what it is. There are too many intricacies about being a woman that we know nothing about, that only a woman can share with a young girl.
Speaker 2: Well, it's vice versa. The same thing applies to men.
Speaker 8: There are things we know about this journey we ont call manhood that we can share with a young boy if you just let us. Now, look, as long as the man in your life is not abusive, to your children. Man, Let this man show your son how to do some things. Let this man put some requirements on him. Because the thing I've learned man, about the difference between a man's love, a father's love, and a woman's love. A father's love come with certain conditions. A mother's love is unconditional love. It's unconditional what you do, what you say. I love you anyway. A father's a little bit different. If you do what I say, I love you anyway. But if you constantly disobeying me and you ain't coming up to the mark. Hey, man, man, you're gonna have a problem with this thing you're looking for called love. It is because we know on in this journey to manhood that we are going to have to be things, whether we want to be or knock.
Speaker 2: I've taught my young sons all along.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna have to keep spanking you, because in a minute, life gonna spank you from me. I'm not gonna have to check you. Because life gonna check you. And manhood knocks on the door, you don't have to open it. But when manhood come, you ain't got to open the door because it will kick it in. I don't give it.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 8: If you're sitting in there playing video games and your draws and you got a girl in there, when manhood kicked that dough in it, don't give a damn ready or not, it's time. And so we try to prepare our men for that. And it led me to all this to say this quote that I heard that means so much. It said, hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times. That's why I'm in my son's ass because I already know that if I don't get in your ass, if I don't make it tough for you, that you are going to be weak.
Speaker 2: Because listen to me, my father had hard time hard, He had them hard.
Speaker 8: I had some hard times living in the corn all this here man, watching my life getting flipped over several times. But guess what it created strong men. Me and my father were strong men. Well guess what now, as a strong man, I've created some good times. My family don't have the life I had.
Speaker 2: See. I fixed my family up so they don't have to go through what I went through.
Speaker 8: But I gotta be careful because good times, if I don't get in my boy's ass gonna create a couple of three week men. And if them boys is weak and are incapable of taking care of families, incapable of enduring, incapable of thinking, incapable of pursuing, in capable of persevering. If they are incapable, all that I worked for would be in vain. And I'm sad to say this, but this generation right here, this generation we looking at right now, that's the one thing I'm disappointed in them, because there's a lot of these dudes out here that's just weak man that want a woman to take care of them, always talking of what a woman got a brand to the table. Hey, no, dog, what do you bring to the table? If you make the table, a woman know how to set it. But you ask them to come in here and make the table too. Hey, your punk ass, I'll tell you what. That's why we have the problems we have and today because your ass ain't the man you supposed to be step up to the plate. Brothers, I'm sorry, that's our job, that's our only job. And if we don't do it, who else will? Those are my clothing remarks today, So I know I'd've lost a couple of radio fans on this one. But okay, whatever, I get some more. I bring back little big shots I create my kids like me.
Speaker 2: Y'all have a great day.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.