Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 2: At all at all.
Speaker 3: So given them black a million bus things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listening to show to.
Speaker 5: Joy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Joy? You know you love.
Speaker 7: Turn you gotta turn.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: I got to turn the mouth turn.
Speaker 5: You probably got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 8: Turn the water of.
Speaker 5: The money up.
Speaker 2: Look me, come.
Speaker 6: Come out.
Speaker 1: You think that.
Speaker 9: I show will Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Got a radio show because God in the blessing.
Speaker 1: Business.
Speaker 9: Got a radio show because God is in the forgiving business. Got a radio show because God will let you turn your life around.
Speaker 1: Business.
Speaker 9: Got a radio show because God know better than you know. Yeah, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Didn't see it coming, but he did. I'm gonna share with you today a principle of success. You know, it's it's important that we get our lives together. I mean it really really is. You know, to hereafter is exactly what it says is to hereafter, and hopefully for the majority of us, that's quite a way He's off.
Speaker 1: So what about how you living today? How about now?
Speaker 9: You know, often talk to you in the morning about your relationship with God that can never change. That is at the forefront and the best thought process that I can give you. And I know who I'm talking to on the radio. I'm talking to a lot of people, man, who out there just not sure. And I'm talking to a lot of people out there man that's trying to pull it together. In other words, you know, I'm talking to a lot of people like myself. There is a principle of success that is out there that if more people understood one of the base this is just one of one of the basic principles of success, you would have more success in your life. And that principle is this, the more people you help become successful, the more successful you become. Well, the more people you help become successful, the more successful you become. Because you are practicing helping your and as you do onto others, then it's done unto you. You build relationships. When you do that, people forget and success that has to be relationships. There is no one person in this world who is just successful all on their own. You are successful, and successful people form relationships, and you've got to really coddle these relationships. You've got to nurture these relationships. They don't just happen. You don't just get cool with people just cause you cool. No, you've got to do some cool things to these people and for these people, for these people to be cool with you when you need some cool. I don't know if I'm explaining that right, but that's the best way I can tell it to you. I'm just regular, you know. I just speak like that. This is an important principle to put into your life. The more people you help become successful, the more successful you become. You can look. You have to say to people, hey, look I've done that. This is what you got to do. You got to take some time out to share. You have to share information, experiences, thoughts. You got to take a minute man to uplift somebody, give them some encouragement. Hey man, you can do it. Don't give up. You have no idea. You you you right now. You have no idea how significant you are to someone else, how your words of encouragement could be the difference maker. Today I'm talking about it's a person looking at you that you don't even really know you, or you don't really know them, and you see them struggling with something. Just say, hey, you know what, I've been watching you from afar. You gonna be all right, man, I see some menu. Keep doing the right thing, man, you gonna be all right. I had a meeting with a young man for the first time, and this young man came into my office and never met him. He has an internet service, which anybody can teach me something about the internet, because I know little too close to nothing. He was twenty seven years old, and he was amazingly bright at this and I guess, you know, that's not that hard to impress me. But the fluid speech pattern that he had about this very very difficult subject. He was tossing around the terms I had heard, but he was actually putting him in sentences where it made since to me. It's very fluid, very sure of himself. When he was talking about this little thing, A young dude twenty seven years old. And when he got through, the woman that had introduced me to him, I was leaving my office and she was going to escort him out, and I turned around and I said, young man, I said, what size pants are you? And I guessed it because I've been dressing for long. I've been all them sizes. I said, you about a thirty ways? He said, yes, Sir. I said, what side shoe you waisted nine and a half? I said, what side shirt is? At a medium? He said, I really like extra large. I said, well that's too big for you. You just want to look blousy and bagging. And so I was talking to him. Man I said, Man, I'm gonna help you out. I said, man, because let me tell you something. You a sharp, young dude. Man, you raise a sharp I said, You've really really impressed me today. I said, and you know what, young brother, I said, You're gonna make a lot of money one day. Man, I said, but I want you to get your image up. I want you to I want you to look at how you dress because you're coming into professional people's office and you're talking about doing something for them, and it takes money to make it happen. I got to give you money to make this happen. What you cannot afford to do is look like you need every dime of this money. See you get when you go in there and you talking about money with another person. The person that's gonna give you this money cannot You can't look like you need every dime of this money, you know, so you got to start presenting yourself. And that's all I just said to him. I just said, man, but you know what you shop, You're gonna make yourself some money. I'm gonna help you out a little bit. I walked out. I went on bout my business. Later on that afternoon, I had a meeting with the woman that bought him in and she said, mister Harvey, you have no idea what you just did. He said, his eyes just teared up when you walked out. He said, Wow, man, that man don't even know me, and he just encouraged me. He said, man, I always thought I might could make it, but he said I ain't. Never had nobody like him tell me I could make it. And just hearing it from him, man, that's all right. I'm gonna get my clothes together. But you know, I've been homeless. And then he started telling the woman that he had been homeless, and so, you know, then she telling me that now I'm fit to cry, because you know, I've been in that hole before. And I just and I'm just sharing that story with y'all just to say, you don't know who you talking to. But what does it hurt if you just extend your hand to a person and give them a moment of encouragement. See this young brother right here, he could come back one day and be a major benefit to me because he has a skill set that I don't have.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 9: I might be old, mister Steve Harvey, but hey, guess what, I don't know nothing about what this young cat know. And he done went off and educated himself. And just a word of encouragement from somebody like yourself can make all the difference in another person's life. So remember on your way to the top. The more people that you help become successful, the more successful you become. It's a requirement of God that you do that. That ain't Steve Harvey talking. If you read your Bible. Somebody got a Bible verse that back me up? Email it to me today if you know what it is. I don't know, but y'all do.
Speaker 1: Out there all right, you're listening morning, sh.
Speaker 9: Ladies and gentlemen. The time has arrived again. I've noticed something in particular. I found of late that when I wake up, I'm in such a mode of gratitude that it doesn't allow for me to wake up like with symptoms of like waking up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm not quite feeling myself today, you know, I'm a little seems like my bio rhythms are a little off.
Speaker 1: Oh that goes away.
Speaker 9: It's a funny thing, man, when you wake up with gratitude. It defines something that I learned at a very painful moment in my life at my mother's funeral, and the minister said something that was really telling. He was looking at me and my brothers and sisters and my father, and he realized how sad we were, and he said, I know this is rough on you, but I want you to turn around and take a look at this church. How full it is that the entire overflow service room is full, and people are standing on the streets in the parking lot. To come and honor the work that your mother did as a Sunday school teacher and all the lives she touched, and think of all the great things she's ever done for you, all the lessons she talked to you, all the smiles y'all had. Remember that time, since the Harvey did this and he started talking about Solf and he did about five minutes because he had been knowing my family our whole life, and he kept talking about, remember when sister Harvey did this, and since Harvey did that, And the next thing I know, me and my two brothers were smiling. And when he got through, he said, the reason I wanted to do that was to teach you a valuable lesson that when you remember the good times, when you so gratitude and thankful for all the wonderful times, he said, joy and depression cannot.
Speaker 1: Reside in the same space.
Speaker 9: Out of the darkest moment of my life, I learned one of the most valuable lessons that join depression cannot reside in the same space. So when you wake up and show gratitude, that thankfulness, that reflecting moment of all that you have, all that He's done, when you're thinking for the simple things, you can't be on the wrong side on the bed, Your bio rhythms can't be off, you can't feel whole harm. You just don't no longer feel like you ain't yourself what That's what I just wanted to tell you today, And that's how we do it. Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica.
Speaker 1: The mouth of the South. The legend that is, and if you tell it, and why this morning, that's freak for myself.
Speaker 6: Sure one and old.
Speaker 2: Spanish.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I actually am trying it. Oh what fresh fresh we you said friten.
Speaker 10: Okay Spanish French?
Speaker 9: Wah, oh, I'm actually four in Challa. I'm Arabic too, Okay, he tracked.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not trying. I did it. I did it.
Speaker 10: Going up at thirty two minutes after the our William from the nephew is he runs that prank back right after this you're listening morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 11: What you got for his nef This right here is called the love Deposit. Here it for what it is, the love deposit.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Tiffany.
Speaker 12: H This is Tiffany. Who's calling?
Speaker 6: This is Karen. How you doing. I didn't know what I know we've been I know we've been going back and forth on the site talking and we haven't you know, really talked yet.
Speaker 12: So yeah, it's okay. I think I wasn't expecting a car. But yeah, it's good to hear from you. It's good to hear from you all, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean we've been we've been talking for well a long time, well, texting and on the site for at least what five weeks now?
Speaker 12: Yeah, really, I'm glad you called a Corel seriously, like an, I love the voice so exciting.
Speaker 6: You know you got anything going on this weekend?
Speaker 12: I don't think so. I just have to go groscy shopping or whatever. But like, other than that's pretty helping.
Speaker 6: What's up? I was thinking maybe we get together, get a get a drink or too, just you know, kind of yeah, a little bit of feel each other out and if if you're feeling.
Speaker 12: That, you know, I don't want to, Yeah, that's cool, we can get together. I'm interested, you know, like, I'm happy you called, and I would love to see this weekend.
Speaker 6: You got a place in mind, like I heard that, you know, I was thinking about letting you pick something, because you know, I'd rather go somewhere where you're comfortable, with an atmosphere that you used to I think that would be the best thing to do.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, I love me. Look, I want to find out. I'll direct you on that, but yeah, I'm down.
Speaker 6: I just want to hang out a little bit cool.
Speaker 12: I'm excited, good, good.
Speaker 6: What's good for you? You know? If you want to Friday on Saturday, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 12: Let's do Saturday to give me, you know, some time to like, you know, put myself together six or seven.
Speaker 6: Text me you know the location or whatever wherever you want me to know. I can see, well one, okay, let's let's do this first. Tell me this. What are we wearing? So I'm not don't want to be overdressed or underdressed.
Speaker 12: I don't really trip on that first. They could be chill like I'm not. You know, we don't have to do like a five hundred dollars dinner or.
Speaker 6: Nothing like that.
Speaker 12: You don't need on a touch.
Speaker 6: This ain't a rock brunch, you know, all right? Right, but if you don't mind, if I could get you to do something for me, could you could I give you my cash app for what? Well, what I want to do is, you know, sometimes these things actually go wrong. You know, I don't see it going wrong with me and you because we've had you know, the way we've been chit chatting and going back and forth on the site. Things have been really really well. You know, you know I would like to get you know, like a you know, a love deposit of two hundred and fifty dollars that way of just going wrong. At least I haven't wasted my time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Hold on, I'm just saying, what just happen? You said? You want me to get your cast up and send you a love deposit of two hundred and.
Speaker 6: Something dollars two fifty two fifty, like you know that way of this. If this don't go right, you know, then at least I haven't love It's like I love the posit, you know, if it go if it goes right, you know, then I give it back to you. If it don't go right, you know, at least I haven't wasted my time. You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 12: You serious?
Speaker 6: Or no? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Like okay, uh this is super weird and uh yeah this is all weird and uh you know, I'm king. I don't you really know what to say? Like other than you could probably lose my number?
Speaker 6: Like you what we do?
Speaker 12: Like, don't call me like your corny, I'm not interested. You're a bum like I'm straight, Like I don't know what?
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, I wasn't all let and.
Speaker 12: I wasn't all talking about You've been talking.
Speaker 6: We've been talking for five weeks. Everything's been good. We've been we've been on the site talking to each other.
Speaker 12: So the two weeks though, you're trying to ask me for a cash app for real, a love deposit? How corny are you? Are you serious?
Speaker 6: If you believe listen tip, if you believe in yourself, you.
Speaker 12: Know if I believe in myself, you're still full last out of her. You have lost your in mind? Okayoul, you please like gather your thoughts because I don't know who you think you're talking to. For real, you know what I'm saying. So I need to do two things. Lose my number and don't don't look for me for real? Show up like this is ridiculous, Like this is stupid, you ignorant?
Speaker 6: For real?
Speaker 12: Shut up?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, show me, show me where I'm wrong. If you believe in yourself, If.
Speaker 12: I believe in myself, chas do what you mean. If I believe in myself, If you believe in yourself, your chass will move around. Get off the phone and stop wasting my time. So real, I'm about to hang out right now for real.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, face before you hang up, though you can go, you could go your way, I can go. Mind, you don't want to tell you meet the two fifty cool? Got that? Okay? Okay? Good? You know what? What is? Is this your loss? Though? Tis? This is your lady?
Speaker 12: You gotta be out to your rabbit ass mine. Ain't no lost this here, ain't gonna lost this, ain't no lost.
Speaker 6: This this is as okay? You know what? You know what? I knew this was gonna happen. You know, I want to brother, try to be real when a brother tried to.
Speaker 12: Say, hey, you might as well hey, turn around, go the other direction. Lock yourself up. Seriously, you want to talk about black black men and brotherhood? Like this a wrap for you. We don't need you out here your youth list straight up, like, don't call me destroy yourself for real?
Speaker 6: I'm done with this. Good? Can I tell you something else for you? Lead real quick?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: I just want to let you know that this is Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your sister is say, let's shave, got me to pray fall call you. You said you gotta get my sisters she's been on the right on this day in sight talking to this guy. Where is she at?
Speaker 12: This is stupid?
Speaker 6: Oh movie, we got you, baby, we got you good?
Speaker 12: Yeah, God do it.
Speaker 6: This is crazy.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna get her. I'm gonna get her.
Speaker 6: This is I tell you what. I'm glad will tell me this. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land, The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: You like it? Yeah, you like it?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 9: You do?
Speaker 10: And it's time for us the CLO coming up with our Chief Love Officer. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, seventeen year old Ralph Yarrel is making strides and recovery after he was shot for going to the wrong house. Jennifer Hudson was trolled by TikTokers for donating a gift to a thrift store, and icon Tina Turner will have a statue erected in her hometown. That's all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the CLO. Our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey is ready and this one's from Nicoles Colo Nicole and Raleigh writes, I'm twenty eight years old and I reconnected with a guy that was a troublemaker when we were in high school. He's been in the military and he's a changed man. But I'm scared my dad will judge him by his past. Should I talk to my parents about him first?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you can't for suits.
Speaker 9: You know, everybody got a pass. But that military has straightened a lot of people out. It can be a game change. That military has done some amazing things in some people's lives. Man, I've seen it happen. So that military is giving some great lives to some people. So he could have changed. He might have been a trouble maker. But you know, people do a lot of stuff when you're eighteen. I don't do nothing that I do. I don't do nothing now that I did at eighteen.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 9: No, all I do I still do when I was eighteen is tall. I don't walk the same. I don't run jump like I used to. I can't box like I used to.
Speaker 1: I can't do nothing. No, why you are enrich? You are right now?
Speaker 9: Sure somebody telling about man, If you can go back to twenty one, would you do it for what in that moment we know, go back then making them damn decisions. No long Yeah, money, though I don't need this money at twenty one, I'd have blew it for show. I'd have been broke by twenty two.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't it probably wouldn't even took me that long, like some of those.
Speaker 10: All right, moving on, Moving on to Twanda and Philly Towanda Wrights. I left my husband after he cheated on me with his boss. The lady took a pic in my house and posted it on social media. I called her a cheater. Uh huh huh. I called her a cheater in the comments, and we got into a nasty exchange of comments. Would I be wrong to get her fired?
Speaker 6: No? Hell no?
Speaker 1: What go forward?
Speaker 6: Hell no?
Speaker 9: I go straight to h y'all with that picture? Corporate headquarters of everybody to see this picture? What is the nasty exchange for?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: I come to your house if I want to, Yeah, okay, what is that? Lucky? She wasn't that call the house? That's all I can call.
Speaker 3: What you're now gonna do is cheat with my husband and then take post pictures in my house.
Speaker 1: Oh hold up? But then argue with me about it. Yeah, because see this is no longer an HR affair. This is we down at the police station.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: We're down there filling our paperwork. We're in interrogation rooms. I'm in that little room that they have you in on forty eight hours, in that hold. I'm in that ship. Yeah, I'm trying to answer the question.
Speaker 11: Can we ask you who is the people in the background, sir, on that picture frame? Who would that be?
Speaker 9: Uh? I don't know that they would. Well reading, I'm down here because that's my family. Okay, that's just your family that's in the in the background.
Speaker 1: That's who that is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, Now who's the lady in the front of the picture with you.
Speaker 1: You're talking about what you're talking about, ben He.
Speaker 11: Making a little colder, making a little colder in here? A person that's on the picture with you, sir.
Speaker 1: That's my family. So let me help you out. That's my family.
Speaker 9: The reason I'm down here is because my boss, who was a man, was in my house with my wife.
Speaker 1: It took that picture. Oh I see, now that's why. And you're here because of what, sir. I'm the reason that all this yellow tape was out there. You saw the post.
Speaker 10: We're moving on to Cheryl.
Speaker 9: I'm down here to clear that part of it, to go detective, But sir, can you explain the tape around the outside of the house.
Speaker 10: Well, all right, moving on to Cheryl and Montgomery. Chill says, I'm forty and my boyfriend will be get this eighty soon. I have been battling his son over a property his dad gifted me. I've been with this man for ten years, so I'm past the gold digger stage. How much grace should I show his fifty eight year old son? Before I snapped, she's forty nine, he'll be eighty soon.
Speaker 1: Well, how is it, acre? How much be fighting on the sun? Son? Thank you? My daddy old and can't make these decisions?
Speaker 6: No boom.
Speaker 9: And she then came up here with some rice Christias and put some snap crackle pop on him. And now he ain't He ain't thinking problem. So I think that's where the sun is at. But she been with him ten years. You knew this day was coming, lady. Let's quit playing. He ain't doing that any day now, or to be up on some of this property.
Speaker 1: You knew that.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, so ten minutes, Steve, So she was thirty nine and thirty.
Speaker 1: Nine she knew what she was doing there. Yo, Yeah, she knew what we was doing there.
Speaker 9: Listen because at a certain point you start thinking about your immortality.
Speaker 1: You really don't, I mean, you really do fifty. If you hit the fifty.
Speaker 9: Year mark up, you start going okay because now you know pretty much the chances are the road behind you is a lot longer than the one in front of you.
Speaker 10: You start thirty quarter by man, I quote Deanne one more time, you got about twenty more summer.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: See will you breaking.
Speaker 8: Down like that?
Speaker 10: Like no?
Speaker 1: On the third quarter? Buddy?
Speaker 10: All right? So should she? So should she? How much grace before she snaps on the fifty eight year old?
Speaker 1: Well you can go on to snap, but you're finish here. Some stuff you ain't heard before?
Speaker 9: Now, see, be careful about all that snapping because people who snap normally get snapped back, and you finn to hear some stuff what you had had not heard before.
Speaker 1: So be careful about this snapper. That's my dast you to find out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you sitting a been talking about you passed the gold digger staying you can you can, you can be a gold digger. Longer than ten years. You knew when you was with the dude what you was banking on. That's how your name got on the property you was investing in. You knew this day was coming. You knew his ass wasn't gonna be here much longer.
Speaker 1: He's been waiting. Actually, yeah, he hated Actually it was too long. Time taken him so long long? Ain't nobody atey investing in the stock market.
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna tell you, all right, Pilo, thank you you coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening morning show. Well, guys, this is great news about a true fighter and a miraculous recovery. Ralph Yarrel, the seventeen year old teenager that was shot in the head. Remember he was shot on the head and the arm after he mistakenly rang the wrong doorbell a few weeks ago. Well, he's doing much much better now. Over Memorial Day weekend, Ralph Yarl walked in the Going the Distance for Brain Injury event in Kansas City alongside family, friends, and other brain injury survivors. He was represented by Team Ralph, who all wore neon Green shirts. During the event, Yarl's aunt spoke to the local reporters and revealed that Yarrel now suffers from mi brains and has issues with balance and he's dealing with PTSD, but he has his love of playing his musical instruments keeping him busy. So we just have to say to Ralph y'arl AND's family, keep fighting, Ralph, we see you, we love you. Yes, we're praying for you. Yes, prayer full, recover works, bull recover lord, yes, yes, Lord, good for him, Yeah, good for that guy got arrested, right, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: The judge is trying to I was reading the other day, trying to seal the records so he can kind of be protected when people testify, so it won't kind of sway their testimony or something like that.
Speaker 2: I said, they're always trying to protect Yeah about the kid? What about the kid?
Speaker 3: So I got mad after I was reading an article, but it was something like that. Always something, but go Ralph, Yeah, God, yes.
Speaker 10: Yes, all right, and not so good news as we move on. Superstar talk show host Jennifer Hudson has been trending lately for donating a purse through to a thrift store like goodwill. That may not sound so bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, we all do that.
Speaker 10: But the purse that Jennifer was donating was gifted to her by a black female designer, and the purse still had the handwritten note in it from the designer. A TikToker found the bag in the thrift store and posted a video with the bag and show the handwritten note, which said thank you. It was a letter addressed to Jennifer Hudson. The letter read, what an honor to gift you with one of my handbags. You've inspired me just as much as every black girl. Tiktoker's chimed in with some hateful messages to Jay hudd for being so ungrateful, But the designer herself, so Nik Saturday is her name, So Neik Saturday defended Jennifer by saying she's unbothered by her regifting the bag because it's from back in twenty fourteen and it's.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, personally got to like what you give them, what you say.
Speaker 10: If you didn't like it, she ain't like it.
Speaker 1: She didn't go back. You gifted the tours, She ain't want it. She ain't like damn bag. She gotta take the note out of the bag. Get the note.
Speaker 8: You ain't.
Speaker 9: She ain't open the bag. Yes, when do you open boxes? Once you see what it is and you don't like it, do you keep opening it?
Speaker 10: Look for a note.
Speaker 9: Stop giving these people stuff they don't ask for. They don't got to like your creation.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: The girl was gracious, though, But Jennifer got the bag. Jennifer got person she liked. Jennifer. Jennifer gonna buy her bag she liked. And a bag is something particular to a woman. Anyway, She don't need you buy no bad especially if you ain't gonna buy no ball of bag.
Speaker 1: You done made this bag.
Speaker 9: Now, you made this out of you know, cann good rappers, and you know all the time, don't know about no, don't nobody kept but your little she's a designer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it might be a good looking bag. Let's put eyes on. Let's see what the bag look like. Look up, okay, you look it up. I'm going to get the bag.
Speaker 1: No long, okay, you look at a half so too, though.
Speaker 2: See the gift was from twenty fourteen. It's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: That's over nine years. She didn't want the bag. Maybe she you din Yeah, that's that's ten years. That's a bag. I'm gonna tell me.
Speaker 10: The other thing is when people gift you things, it's yours. They give it to you, So doesn't that mean you're worse to do whatever you want to do with it, if you want to regift it or if you want it, you know, because I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Yours, Shirley. People have made me close. This ain't about you.
Speaker 2: This is about the bag.
Speaker 1: See, this is what the that's why you're saying us, but go ahead.
Speaker 10: They've made you people.
Speaker 9: Because that's why I'm drawing on my experience. People have made me close. Bought me shirt because we don't need you buying mishop. Don't buy me no shirt. I got shirt money.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. I can buying my own shirt now. Every time they see me, did you get my gift?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: I might have got to have a scene of check. I've been approached like that, so I don't want nothing.
Speaker 2: That's what this is about this, Jennifer.
Speaker 10: This is we always get. We get things like books and just everything people do. I mean, you know, we're gracious for it.
Speaker 1: Grateful.
Speaker 9: No, stop saying that, Stop saying we are. Stop saying that we're not grateful for it. I appreciate the thought.
Speaker 10: Okay, there you go, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, I appreciate the thought. It's a nice gesture. Please don't hold me to it though, I don't want that.
Speaker 10: Remember we used to leave live remotes with just handfulls of stuff, bags fulls of ytuf.
Speaker 9: I used to take that stuff out of the parking lot and give it away on my way to Saturday.
Speaker 1: So some of her upside. I like her bag.
Speaker 10: She has good bag.
Speaker 9: That ain't the bag she gave you ten years ago when she first got started and started he.
Speaker 10: Ca, okay, have more advanced now, yeah, send it please, Yeah, we want I can't see it.
Speaker 1: It's blurry. It's blurry, big, it's blurry. Can you send it please?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, yes?
Speaker 10: What is the attitude?
Speaker 1: Y'all know, I keep her attitude? What the hell is the surprise?
Speaker 6: From?
Speaker 1: What is y'all kill me with that?
Speaker 10: What is about every day?
Speaker 1: I'm always tripping? All right?
Speaker 10: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, say hell is the surprise? We want to hear about your week that you're spending with your frat brothers. Right after this, you're listening morning show. Okay, So, Steve, you've been telling us off air about you and your adventures with your line brothers, your cues. They're at your ranch all week. You told us that all of them.
Speaker 1: Not my line brothers. Oh my chapter. You have to get that information straight, because we're not. Some of them they're older than you. You got little.
Speaker 2: Up oldt.
Speaker 10: But you told us seen that next to Christmas, this is your favorite time of year.
Speaker 9: When right now, this right up there with Christmas, go this once a year gathering. What have you celebrated forty nine years this year? Forty nine years we've known Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 9: Some of them have known each other longer. Two of them have been in the frat together for fifty years. The rest of us, we haven't been in the frat fifty though. We met each other some forty eight, some forty seven, you know, like that. But we all met in seventy four. I knew none of these cats until I went to school in seventy fourth. And man, it's been down here. It's thirteen of us, and man, it's like it's the dopest thing, man, because it is the one time that I can sit around and just be myself. I don't They not filming me. They're not judging me. They're not talking about I ain't know you did that, because they knew when I did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that old. I ain't know you did that.
Speaker 9: Yeah no, they was that when I did that, and you know it was it was just It's just been a great experience, man, hanging out with them, and you know, I don't have to host them because they've grown ass men. You know, they go fishing on their own, they go on the trails on their own.
Speaker 1: They know how to.
Speaker 9: You know, I feed them, but that's it. I get there as we got snacks everywhere, but I don't eat snacks anymore. I just eat my meals.
Speaker 1: It's really crazy, man, how I'm changing. I just be so busy. I just eat my three meals and I'm done.
Speaker 10: It's at barbecue and don't even have any feeling for it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I haven't.
Speaker 9: I haven't had this is day seventy five. I haven't had any sugar. I haven't had any bread. I was in Paris, I ate one piece of bread. I haven't had bread. I haven't had flour, I haven't had pasta, I haven't had rice. I haven't eaten any beans, bag of chips.
Speaker 1: You just no, man, My blood work should be ready today. God, I took it on day seventy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: The thing of it is what I've actually trained myself to do is I only eat foods that have one ingredient. And broccoli is made up of one ingredient. It's broccoli. Steak is one ingredient. Fish chicken is one ingredient. Yes, so no ice cream in the summer.
Speaker 1: I have one of ice cream.
Speaker 2: It's one ingredient, ice cream.
Speaker 9: It's ice and cream, and both of them cold. So I'm gonna making it exception this summer.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, coming up in thirty four minutes after the our Roscoe Wallace will be in the building right after this. You're listening morning show. All right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He is here.
Speaker 6: Right here.
Speaker 9: Oh, I don't wait no time about saying. I know you were you and you We're gonna have me home. I'm gonna be one.
Speaker 1: Either he's a roone or he's a roll.
Speaker 10: You're on, baby, you're on.
Speaker 1: Well, I know I'm right here. Everybody will to me. Tam will have it. We're going on, Roscoe. How you doing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Going over the way yeah, we're going we'll call it. Hey, Roscoe's having I'm ready, where do you want to day? Okay, check her out.
Speaker 2: So you know it's the month of June.
Speaker 1: June. It's black music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, President Yeah. President Biden talked about it Tuesday, saying, perhaps.
Speaker 1: No music you don't know a damn thing about it.
Speaker 3: Perhaps no music has had as profound and powerful impact and shaping America's musical score as black music.
Speaker 1: Come on, President, know that, right? And I know somebody wrote that.
Speaker 10: And you know next year's election here right right there.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he trying to get all the votes, but he right about that.
Speaker 9: Or black music is so especially I'm talking about all of you know, wrote many songs and responsible for so many hits over the years. I just thank God gave me a gift, you know, get the writing, own all these music and know what the origins and have all these wonderful stories about the music. You know, I know everybody who James Brown with Wolcart.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to go I was speaking of that.
Speaker 1: I want to take it to the eighties.
Speaker 5: We can't think of eighties.
Speaker 1: I don't really know what year is like that because you know, you know the eighties.
Speaker 9: I to you.
Speaker 1: New time.
Speaker 8: Are for you.
Speaker 1: Open you are my hearty mind truly h do you you God?
Speaker 9: One day struck me blind beauty, I still see listen good enough love two week to define.
Speaker 1: Just what you mean to meet.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 9: From the first moment I saw you, I knew you was the one. Come on, boy, that night I had to call you. I was rapping till the sun came up.
Speaker 1: Yes, Rusco telling you just you do, I'd round go ahead, call him.
Speaker 2: All right, since we're gonna do the eighties, I think of eighties.
Speaker 9: It hard for me to keep over a year now I woke so minutes on. Okay, I'm trying to think eighties.
Speaker 2: Shot day, I think of the eighties. I think I heard Is it a crime?
Speaker 1: Is it a crime that I still won't you and I won't you to walk me to do do do Doom Doom Doom doom doom do come jail right there, that's the music. A minute. Oh look look what you want to do?
Speaker 2: Bad boy houses not at home?
Speaker 8: Yeah we're all right, oh yeah, d d well, all right, he ll back through the room.
Speaker 9: Everybody, come on, move all the tables and chairs. We ain't going to have us up time tonight. Every one's here that we need. He skipped, and we're dip to the beat up. What in the well could be better to you?
Speaker 10: Thank you, Roscoe. Coming out my next nephew with the prank phone call. You're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is where should I sit? Just a question right we'll find out. We'll get into it because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call. Nephew, what you got for us today?
Speaker 11: The title of this is Condom Clean US. I know, Condom clean US. Let's go cat dog you because pranking is sea is business. Okay, it's you gotta take it that way. You don't you don't. You don't come in here loose, You don't come in here laughing.
Speaker 1: And key king. That ain't that ain't what prank is. Oh No, you come in. You come in with your prank face zone and you are ready to deliver.
Speaker 11: Okay. And that's what I got for you now. This is called Condom clean US. It is serious and it and and and and and you need it in your life. So let's go right.
Speaker 1: Come on here.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Tamika.
Speaker 6: Tamika.
Speaker 14: This is Shank.
Speaker 13: How you doing. I'm I'm Brad from Quality Cleaners. I'm the manager over here. Uh huh, listen, did you bring some clothes in this morning?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 14: No, I didn't bring anything into you this morning.
Speaker 13: Okay, Well listen, we we got an order that was dropped off this morning.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 13: Uh, it's a couple of suits, uh, some business shirts and a few other things. But there's actually been some articles actually left in the clothing.
Speaker 14: So my husband probably brought that down.
Speaker 13: Okay, he dropped about this morning. It was dropped off like around seven this morning. But we got it's got let's work. It's talk about one hundred bucks cash in the pocket.
Speaker 6: There's a couple of business cards.
Speaker 13: Uh, there's there's a cup blink here.
Speaker 6: I looked all over.
Speaker 13: It's only one cup flank and then there's two condoms in here. So I wanted to see if you guys wanted me to put this in a plastic bag or something and.
Speaker 6: Have it have it?
Speaker 14: Can you repeat what was left in there?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 13: Well, like I said, we got a uh is it like right out one hundred maybe a hundred and five bucks of cash. Uh, there's a business card from an insurance company. There's another business card for.
Speaker 6: Uh what, It's just this is uh what else was left? Right right?
Speaker 13: I'm trying to tell you about all the business cards.
Speaker 14: I don't I'm not interested in the business card because you said something else.
Speaker 13: Okay, No, there's a coupling that we can't and we can't find the other coupling if it's here, or we look all over the bag to see if we can find it, but we don't see that either.
Speaker 14: What else is in this pocket?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 13: Like I said, you got a you got one hundred dollars in here? There's some Uh no, no, no, you have said something to me. There's some Yeah, there's business cards. There's an insurance cars cars.
Speaker 14: You said something else?
Speaker 13: A couplint, ma'am. There's a couplingt in here.
Speaker 14: That we can said something else?
Speaker 13: Oh, okay, well the last week there's two condoms in here. Hello, what did did you say?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 13: Like, I said, there's one hundred here, there's no business.
Speaker 14: Did you say did you say there was some condoms in there?
Speaker 6: There's two?
Speaker 13: There's two extra large condoms in here.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm here.
Speaker 14: I'm just trying to digest out of stuff that you had just said that that was in my husband's pocket. Now you sure that this is my husband, Chris Chris.
Speaker 13: Uh, well it has I mean maybe you know the items, ma'am. This is there's a there's a gray suit. There's also a solid blue suit. That's that sounds that.
Speaker 14: Sounds familiar that I'm not understanding. What number that was? The condoms?
Speaker 13: The phone number that the phone number that I called, the number that attached to this actual order. So I mean, this is the number we have on file?
Speaker 6: Is this is this his number?
Speaker 13: Or your home number?
Speaker 6: Was your say? What the number is this?
Speaker 13: This is our house number?
Speaker 14: I just don't believe you know what what you're telling me, because we just celebrated our our anniversary last week and this is what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: What? What? I mean? What's what's wrong? Man?
Speaker 14: What's wrong?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 14: First of all, we marry and we never used condoms and then you know, calling me talking about you got condoms left and his suit coat?
Speaker 12: Hockett.
Speaker 13: I'm not understand, Okay, I know he ain't on me, well not not, I mean not necessarily. I mean, you know they could have been there.
Speaker 14: Why why he laughed in his spot?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 14: That just don't make any damn sense. If we marry and we don't use kind of a lot of what do you have kind of in his pocket?
Speaker 13: I don't know, man, you'd have to talk to Chris about that one. I guess my main reason is is you want me to wait, wait a minute.
Speaker 14: I wanted to know did you did you clean any thing yet? Did you clean the.
Speaker 12: Suit or no?
Speaker 6: We haven't cleaned. I just I just start.
Speaker 13: I'm starting stuff and I don't want you.
Speaker 14: I don't want you to clean up things. And all those articles that that you said, I want you to put it. I want you to I want you to put everything, including them damn condos. I want you to put it in the bag. I want you to put it in the bag. Don't clean nothing. But I'm gonna come up there and I'm gonna pick everything up.
Speaker 13: Okay. I mean I'll be here all day, Like I said, my name is Brad, and I'll be here if you want me to.
Speaker 6: If you want me to.
Speaker 13: Put them to the side, I won't clean them. I'll just put him to the side and I leave them in the same laundry bag he had when he dropped them all.
Speaker 14: I'm a christ I don't believe that I ain't gave this. I'm a good years of my life and he's gonna turn around.
Speaker 12: The cheat on me.
Speaker 14: You make sure you don't clean up thing, because I'm gonna certify all that my damn self.
Speaker 12: You put all that in the back.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna call my job and let him know I'm not coming in today.
Speaker 6: Slow down.
Speaker 13: I don't want you to get to hysterical. I mean, you know you're getting a little irate, are you okay?
Speaker 14: I'm I'm gonna be all right. I Am going to be all right when I get up there. Who Chris is gonna get up? That's all I got to say. You make sure you have all that stuff not clean. I don't want you to clean it. I want you to put all that other that you said that you found in the pocket. You put all that in the bag because Chris is I don't.
Speaker 13: Know who think hes Okay, mister, would you like for me to call Chris?
Speaker 14: I don't want you no, no, no, look Bobby, I don't want you to no.
Speaker 13: No man, wait a minute, wait, wait, wait my next bradd I don't.
Speaker 14: Give a damn what your name is? So I really don't okay, because Chris is gonna get stuff. You just put everything in the back set like I had asked you to. I am on my way down there, and Chris, now this ain't going down this way. We just renewed our battle. And matter of fact, don't come thos coming three and you up there talking about that. That's what I'm not understanding that I know how to do my math. Okay, Chris is gonna get okay when you get home tonight.
Speaker 13: Here's here's something else in the pocket too. There's a note in here, a note.
Speaker 4: What does it day?
Speaker 6: Okay, man, you know what?
Speaker 13: This has gotten way way out of hand.
Speaker 14: I don't want to and you need to quick come many a rocket. Would you make that to me? Matter of fact, I want that in the bath too. The more evidence I have, the better office is gonna be for me.
Speaker 1: I'ma kid.
Speaker 14: Uh What did the note say?
Speaker 6: The note says, this is neft.
Speaker 13: You tire me from the Steve Harbin more and to show your husband, Chrince got me to play all call you what.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, Chris was going to die tonight. I was we was going to have a barbecue and his honor.
Speaker 12: Do you hear me?
Speaker 14: Do you hear me? Oh my god, Chris, I don't believe me.
Speaker 13: Oh my god. Oh Radio d.
Speaker 14: Morning Show Baby, see Fox Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I must admit that was wrong with me. I will do that. It was wrong so many levels. But at the same time, how good was it?
Speaker 11: You see see I'm saying the amount of energy that was put in it, and you see all the craft that came together.
Speaker 1: How good was it? It was crushed her cush And that's what prankin is you gonna play?
Speaker 2: Are you playing with and yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you know you dies. You digestifrankic the way you want to digest, That's how you do it. You digestic the way you want to die. Anyway, I'm gonna be with Earthquake, shaking it up Father Comedy, Get over it. I'm with Earthquake, Father's Day Comedy Show New Jersey Pack Baby, that's going down Father's Day Night that is June eighteenth at the New Jersey Pack. Father's Day Tickets are on sale right now. You don't want to miss it. I'm shaking it up with the one and only earthquake in the building. So y'all get ready, all right, stop by the cleaners and pick up some condoms on the way to the ship.
Speaker 10: Coming up with Strawberry letters, subject where should I sit? We'll get into it right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry life to STEVEHARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now today, and you never know, it could be yours, could be yours.
Speaker 1: Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here.
Speaker 10: It is Strawberry Letter thanking a for you, subject where should I sit?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 10: Stephen Shirley, I'm a fifty five year old married woman and my husband is currently going through a very disrespectful stage of life. He thinks he's a scholar and a comedian, and he is flirtatious with younger women, my son's girlfriend in particular. I've heard my husband congratulate my son on pulling someone so fine and asking questions like where does she work work out? And is her mama as fine as she is. I thought it was father's son bonding, but he has gotten worse. We had Memorial Day get together and my son's girlfriend came over with her little girl. Oh excuse me. The little girl was attached to me because she said I reminded her of her grandmother. The girlfriend was walking around with the plate on the patio and all the seats were taken, and she asked my husband where should I sit. My super ignorant husband said I know where you can sit, and I almost jumped up and tackled him. He had a dirty old man look on his face, and the girlfriend was smiling from ear to ear, so I loudly told him to sit his ass down somewhere. Immediately, he got bristly with me and we had a screaming match in front of our guests. He said he wasn't flirting and it was a joke. I took a lot. I take a lot of mess from him, but I don't have to tolerate this in my house. My son is in support of his father, because maybe he doesn't know my husband was implying something nasty when he said that to his girlfriend. My husband is waiting for me to apologize, and I did not do anything wrong. The girl was at our house again last night and she was acting funny too. What's going on with my husband? Did I overreact? Or is my husband playing me for a fool? Please help? Well, I don't think your husband's playing you for a fool. I don't think that. Did you overreact? Well maybe you did, but you know, I just tell you don't second guess yourself if you think something was going on, if you were feeling something. You know how we are with our intuition and all of that. We know how with other women are at our house and if they're flirting with our men and all of that. I mean, you know, you probably were right about your husband's response to his son's disrespectful girlfriend. Where do I sit and he goes I know where you can sit? Did he show her a seat or did he just say that you said he had a dirty old man look on his face. I just think you know, it was too bad your husband was flirting with this young lady and allowed this kind of foolishness to go down. And the fact that you guys got into a screaming match at the house.
Speaker 1: What was that about?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 10: I mean, I think he was feeling guilty at this point because he knew that he was flirting with this young girl. I don't think there's no other way for you to take it except that he was low key, I don't know, kind of hitting on her. I just say, who does this type of thing in front of their wife at the house. I think he was out of order. And no, you shouldn't be expected to apologize to him. You weren't the one who said this to the guest. Your husband was, and he flipped it. Now you're feeling guilty. Now you're feeling like you should apologize, and you overreacted. I think you're dead on your spot on and I think you need to talk to your son too, because he sided with his dad, your husband, against you on this one.
Speaker 9: Steve Times agree with a lot of things, and Shirley has given some answers that I have been in total agreement with. I think she does a fine job with her said on this Strawberry letter, but sometimes she fails in her obligation miserably, and this is the one time that I think she has failed. Sureley, you made some statements in this I can't believe you made it the girl has not been disrespectful in here at all. The girl ain't did nothing nothing. By saying where should I sit was not being disrespectful. Let me go through this letter so I can save this marriage before surely end another one.
Speaker 10: To break up.
Speaker 1: Uh you might as well. Uh you fifty six years old lady, And.
Speaker 9: She says her husband's currently going through a very disrespectful stage of life. Your son has a girlfriend, and you've heard your son, your husband congratulate your son on pulling somebody so fine, asking questions like where she work out?
Speaker 1: And that's her.
Speaker 9: Mama's fine as she is. Now, let me say something. When my sons come home with a fine one, you know, I'm on their I'm on their Instagram with them. Dad, don't want you to meet this girl what she look like, because I know they know so that they got an ig page and all this hit. And I'm looking at me and I'll live vicariously through my boys, because I mean, boy, I'm talking about who come on, come through boys, come through songs. You know I've said stuff like you better be a Harvey so much you're working with Come on, boy, I see you lord, and have mercy.
Speaker 5: Girl.
Speaker 9: I've asked a little girl. Girl, you ever had thanks giving us some and some well off people house, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, but so I know what he's doing.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: I thought it was father's son, but he has gotten worse. I had a mamoul day gathering. Son's girlfriend came over with her little girl. The little girl was attracted to me because she said, you reminded her of her grandmother. The girlfriend was walking around with a plate on the patio and all the seats were taken, and she asked my husband where should I sit? That wasn't being disrespectful, you said. She was walking around the patio and all the seats were taken. She said, where should I sit? My superdigga? Her husband said, I know where you can sit. God, though almost jumped up a taculty, We come back. I straightened it out.
Speaker 10: From at twenty three minutes after the hour. We'll come back to recap the Strawberry letter right after this. You're listening Morning show, All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is where should I sit?
Speaker 1: This woman who's fifty five is married to this man.
Speaker 9: She said going through a very Uh, which what does she call it disrespectful stage about and especially when it comes to his son's girlfriend. He bought over to the house and she banged. She fined, so he asking her questions like where you work out?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, is your mama as fine as she is?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 9: Yeah, hell yeah, I tell you right now, Yeah, I can tell you right now here. Yes, she find And Daddy thought that, and you thought it was father's son bonding. But did it got worse? The girl came over for memorrow. They bought a little girl. The little girl was attracted to her mother because the lady wrote the letter because you minded her grandmama. And the girlfriend was walking around with a plate on the patio and all the seats were taken. The lady said, all the seats was taken, so she asked my husband where should I sit? My super ignorant husband said, I know where you can sit. Oh, I know where you can sit. I know how I said it sit, So you want to sit?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 9: I almost jumped up and tackled him. He had a dirty old man look on his face, and the girlfriend was smiling from.
Speaker 1: Ear to ear.
Speaker 9: He's flattering his son's girlfriend publicly in front of everyone. Now it's this bad judgment, yep, it's just being done in portaste, yep. But he's doing it in front of everybody, so he don't really see the harm in it. So I loudly told him to sit his ass down some way. Immediately he got bristly with me, hold up, no, hold hell, are you hollering that? And we had a screaming match in front of our guests. He said he wasn't flirting and it was a joke. Now I believe that he wasn't flirting, but it was a joke. Now, was it in poor taste? Yes, it's the timing of it bad, yes, But this joke was done in front of everybody. He ain't pulling off to the side trying to meet up with the girl. He did this in front of everybody. I take a lot of mess from him, but I don't have to tolerate this in my house. My son is in support of his father because maybe he don't know my husband was implying something nasty when he said that to his girlfriend. No, he wasn't implying something nasty. He was implying something riscae. He not being nasty with his son's girlfriend. Your husband shouldn't have said it that way, and his poor taste and bad timing. But I know people that tell bad distaste for jokes all the time, and I really think this is one of those times. And he ain't upset with his father because he know where his father coming from. And plus you don't know what you're not privy to. It's a conversation to him and his daddy have when you ain't around, because father and son's conversation is not for the mothers. I can just tell y'all that right now, what I say to Winter, Jason and Stevie that this cannot be said in front of his sisters and his mama.
Speaker 1: So he didn't let one out in front of you. That's what happened.
Speaker 9: Now, Shirley says, trust your heart and everything, and this disrespectful girl walking around your house. The girl has done nothing. She just walking around straight up fine. And if you got to be penalized for being fresh, no you now that's exactly what you said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 10: I did because she asked. She didn't have to. She walking around with a plate, flouncing.
Speaker 1: Around all the seats are taken. No, she flounces around cause she fine. It ain't flouncing. It just do what it do. Its shaped like that, couldn't move like that.
Speaker 10: He flirts with younger women, and his girlfriend in particular, so he was flirting.
Speaker 1: No, sureley, listen, that's what he said. He wasn't flirting, and it was a joke.
Speaker 9: I take a lot of mess for him, but I tolerate this to my how my son is support of his father because he don't know my husband applying something nasty, but he said that to his girlfriend. My husband is waiting for me to apologize, and I did not do anything wrong. The girl was at our house again last night and she was acting funny too.
Speaker 1: The reason she acted funny.
Speaker 9: Was because the last time she was over there, y'all had a screaming and shouting match, and she feels like it was at her because everything was directed at her.
Speaker 1: Oh whatever, No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 9: She's sitting up there all the barbecue plates. Now, little fine mama that came up in there, you know, see his mama. The girl that wrote the latter, she been in fifty five more all day outing there is all jealousy. Fifty five look good on a lot of question.
Speaker 10: You're listening Morning show all right, So here we are.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 10: The Strawberry letter subject today was where should I Sit? It was from a fifty five year old woman who wrote in because her husband is currently going through she called a disrespectful, very disrespectful stage of life. He's being very flirtatious with younger women and his son's girlfriend in particular, they had a barbecue. The young lady was there carrying a plate and she asked where could she sit, and the woman said, her super ignorant husband said, oh, I know where you can sit.
Speaker 9: And it started a very loud fight and argument in front of all the guests guests, and I realized, I said, I know the guy. That was distasteful what he said in the time it was all but people make distasteful jokes all the time, they just don't know it. But out of don't think this man is trying to make a pass at the girl. I think he's just like doing a dirty old man joke and it's just a wrong place in time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, his house, in front of his wife is his son's girlfriend, and in front of everyone, he said.
Speaker 9: It, and in front of everybody. But then she jumped up and went off on the man in front of everybody. They had a loud screaming match, and I think that she should have said, excuse me, can I talk to you for a second and pull him to the side and check him.
Speaker 10: But I was going to say, he said what he said in front of everyone, right, But she got pull him to the side.
Speaker 1: Listen to me, Listen to me.
Speaker 9: His intent he thought he was being funny in a joke, bad timing, poor choice of jokes, distasteful. But the way to check him was not in front of everybody.
Speaker 10: She was wrong, she felt disrespected. The wife did in front of.
Speaker 1: The son is not off okay, speaking around.
Speaker 3: So if the married couple had a daughter who came with a fine boy and the boyfriend said where should I sit?
Speaker 2: And the wife said I know where you can sit, then.
Speaker 1: How with the That's not what this story is. That's not what this story is.
Speaker 10: This you guys trying to flip it.
Speaker 1: Slip it, flip it from y'all flipping it.
Speaker 10: We're not shut up, tommy, We're not flipping it at all.
Speaker 9: There's no such thing as a dirty old woman, has a such thing as a dirty old man.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't have dirty.
Speaker 10: In this letter.
Speaker 1: That's not what y'all do.
Speaker 10: So if you do, though, what what was the man know where you could sit exactly? That's why she got it right there in front of everybody coming up at the top of the hour, craft Cardi B and her husband Offset ran into Neo at a strip club. We'll talk about that right after this you're listening morning show. So Carti B and her hubby Offset spent the night at the strip club over the Memorial Day weekend and they just happened to.
Speaker 1: Run into the night spent the night you can stay.
Speaker 10: They spent a night, let me just say a night, not the night. They didn't sleep there.
Speaker 2: Because you like, they had to sleepover.
Speaker 9: Night.
Speaker 10: They spent a night at the strip club over the Memorial Day weekend, and they happened to run into newly single singer Neo, who was also there. Carti B posted a picture of Neo an Offset with huge stacks of cash that they threw out at the strippers that surrounded them. Cardi B captioned the pick, Oh okay, Neil acting bad. So here's my question. They are all consenting adults, we know that, but have you ever run into someone when you were doing something you weren't supposed to be doing. Oh yeah, and what happened though? Or or here's a better, even better question. Have you ever No, I know, I know he's holding his head, his head with his hand right now.
Speaker 5: Shame, just shame.
Speaker 10: Have you ever been or will you ever go to the strip club with your spouse, with your significant other?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been on my spouse. He's been to strip.
Speaker 11: And it was so uncomfortable for me. You I just sat there and just sipped off the sprite. Yeah, you didn't even have a cocktail, just a sprite.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm good.
Speaker 1: No, he can at the strip club because it's gonna come out. What's gonna come anything? A fun side, the front side gonna come.
Speaker 9: You gotta shake and shake that market, shake your market, shake your market.
Speaker 2: Girl, you're making by side.
Speaker 11: Yeah, over there on that booth and get you get you some wine.
Speaker 1: That's not no, never, never would, never will.
Speaker 10: We don't like strip club.
Speaker 1: Strip club. I wasn't a strip club guy when I was single. I don't like it. I don't.
Speaker 9: Are you too fine to be up there anyway? I'll be in here thinking about changing their life and getting off the.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm I'm over there trying to make offers and stuff the sponsor packages. Yeah, you know, maybe you why you're doing this, and then you know, leave me. Then you go over there to somebody else. I thought you cared about me. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 9: I'm emostly attached. I don't want I don't think money. I think you're over here from me, And I don't want to be clear about.
Speaker 2: That dancing in that moment you had fell in love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've read too much. She was taking it, yeah, but the way she danced on me.
Speaker 9: I worked at the Cheetah strip club in the early early nineties eighties in Atlanta. It was horrible because I don't care how funny you are, you can't follow naked with it.
Speaker 8: So what did you do.
Speaker 1: Something? Take your clothes off? You got a hele wove it out, show us something, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I mean? Man?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 8: What man?
Speaker 1: My ass out? Man? I didn't even have no comebacks. The first three days was miserable.
Speaker 9: Then I wrote a bunch of stripper jokes just to try to maintain that fifteen minutes while the girls is on break and you had to go up three times a night and do fifteen minutes to get a girls at fifteen minute break, and I just said, man, I got through it that week, and they paid me fifteen hundred, the worse fifteen hundred of my higher life.
Speaker 1: I hated it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: My dressing room was connected to the strippers dressing room and that, oh right.
Speaker 10: You probably ends.
Speaker 1: A lot of friends.
Speaker 9: You know, a lot of counseling going on in the back, like listening to problems and everything.
Speaker 1: I was still trying to counsel.
Speaker 9: I was young, talking about thirty, still trying to counsel, all right, And they had two black strippers at the Cheetah back there two black children strippers, and I wanted to marry both of them.
Speaker 10: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Dinner show right after this. Both you're listening morning show. Well, billionaire Jeff Bezos and his girlfriend Lauren Sanchez or should I say his fiance now, Lauren Sanchez just signed a lease on a Malibu rental home. Guess how much the rent is on this home. I would think it's a billionaire. It's close six hundred thousand dollars a month. Okay, that's how much they pay a month. Now, think about your rent, which is high, or your mortgage or whatever. Six hundred thousand dollary. How many houses could you buy with six hundred thousand dollars? Yeah, six hundred thousand dollars. The home belongs to musician Kenny g and Bezos and Sanchez are renting the home while their massive Beverly Hills compound is being built. The estate is fifty five hundred square feet on two and a half acres, and there's a thirty five hundred square foot guesthouse on the property.
Speaker 6: But can you.
Speaker 10: Imagine paying six hundred thousand dollars a month for rent.
Speaker 9: The house is fifty five hundred square feet? Yeah, oh heah, no, there's no way. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it can be hanging over the ocean. I don't care a plane.
Speaker 9: It can hover over the ocean like a drone. I'm not giving you six under the month for it.
Speaker 10: But if you're a billionaire, though, if you're a billionaire.
Speaker 9: Fifty five fifty, he's way, he's got one hundred and seventy billion.
Speaker 10: Yeah, multi billionaire, I mean to him, is nothing, It's nothing. We'll have more of a Steve Harby Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this? You're listening hard morning show? It is time now for a round, And would you rather? Would you rather have a perm like James Brown or would you rather have a curl like Michael Jackson if you had hair, I'm gonna.
Speaker 9: Do Mike's curl here. I want to go and do Mike's. James is very cheap. Yeah, yeah, I want James's low budget. James had a blowout, kid, I've seen that before.
Speaker 1: That don't shocked. Yeah, all right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather have a body like Mike Tyson or a sex appeal like Idris Elba?
Speaker 1: I'm already interest I checked that. I stick with what I got, almost, stick it what I got? What you're almost? I don't know what you're joking.
Speaker 10: You really are stupid, not just on the pranks.
Speaker 1: You don't want Mike Tyson's body all you're gonna go with what you've got.
Speaker 10: I'm he's already indrius, I'm.
Speaker 1: Already you're skin. We're juster to He's not light skin. Listen to me, listen to him.
Speaker 9: You don't have interests of color, you don't have interesting swam, you don't have to walk, you don't have the sex appeal, and you don't have to swell.
Speaker 1: You're not you're not paying attention. Well, we said that. He definitely don't have the height. All right, we're more like you, more like I'm taller than taller than you. Yeah, Tommy, damn, you're looking you Damn you're looking, monkain what you say.
Speaker 9: See, that's why he always got his face up in the in the zoom like this, because he liked that little.
Speaker 1: Sign on his real view mirror. His car objects may up here closer, you know. That's why you do that. People always do tricks. The next question, Yeah, tom he's six.
Speaker 10: What if you say, Steve micro interests body like Mike?
Speaker 9: I take interest because if I had Mike's body, I'm gonna get my ass because I'm gonna try too much.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say something to the wrong get my whole ass, all right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather have, you know, be a player, have lovers in just different area codes, or would you rather have a loving wife and family?
Speaker 1: Loving wife and family? Of course? Hell yeah, ain't no doubt. What what do you expect us?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 10: Last one? Last one? Guys, would you rather argue for hours? Then have sex or would you rather talk it out than cuddle?
Speaker 1: Cuddle? Just holding me? Joe, Now we've been aug this thing. I can get you ridy, I'd rather get in a fist fight and then have set.
Speaker 10: That's today's roundup. Would you rather coming up? And this is our last break of the day, and we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. If you missed your favorite part of today's show, you know you can catch up with the Steve Harvey Morning Show on demand. It's on the free iHeart Radio app is where you can find us. And don't forget about Keir's Hope Foundation. The five k run that is tomorrow in Dallas. Care will be there and we will be with you in spirit.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: For more information Keirshope dot org.
Speaker 9: All right, hey, you know something on These are my closing remarks today. I've discovered a lot over the years, and there are some things you can make it without in this world.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 9: I really didn't understand how significant certain relationships were. But I'm old enough now and a lot of you are where you can relate to what I'm about to say. You can live your life. You can lose some really really important things in your life and survive. And all of us know that feeling of losing someone that you cared deeply about, whether you lose them because you all just were separate ways, or you lose them because they passed. But we know the pain of losing someone you love dealing And I've discovered something in my life. The greatest loss I ever had was my mother. It was an unbearable pain for me. I had never experienced anything like it and haven't experienced anything like it since then. When I lost my father, that was a pain. Pain was first though, and it was just excruciating. I didn't know what to do. I've lost my father, and then I lost my oldest brother. That would really hurt me in a different way because he had taught me everything. He taught me how to drive, he taught me how to ride a bike, because he did stuff because he was so much older than me that my father allowed him to do. My father taught me how to drive, but my brother taught me how to you know, pimp drive. But he taught me how to ride a bike. He taught me how to talk to girls, taught me how to save money. So that loss was tragic. And I've lost a lot of things in this way, and I've learned to live my life without all of them.
Speaker 1: But the one thing that you cannot live your life without, and that is a friend.
Speaker 9: You can lose your mother, you can lose your brother, you can lose your father, you can lose your job, you can lose your wife, you can lose your husband.
Speaker 10: Woof.
Speaker 1: And these things can be debilitating, and you can.
Speaker 9: Live in this world without them, but you cannot live in this world without a friend. You know, the Bible says a friend is often closer than even a brother, because see, your friends you pick and choose. Your family is just your family. Now, I love my brother's dearly man, flaws and all, I loved him, but.
Speaker 1: Losing a friend. I've lost some really dear friends. Juan Hull was a truly great friend of mine that I lost.
Speaker 9: Greg Calhoun out of Montgomery was the last, well not the last friend, but a great friend that I lost.
Speaker 1: He was my best friend.
Speaker 9: And then I lost my dear friend Flip Bass, who was a fonder of our chapter at a Kent State And losing them three men right there. Man was really really rough because they were dear to me. But I thank God for the friendships that I do have, because there is something to it, man, to have a friend. I look at all that I have. I look at the awards and the accomplishments and plaques and all this stuff I have.
Speaker 1: But you know what I value more than all of those awards that I've gotten and everything.
Speaker 9: I value friendship more than that, because friendships give a return, a constant return. Somebody you can share your thoughts with. Man, Somebody that you could be yourself with. Somebody that you can sit around and they don't judge you. Somebody that you can be around and they allow you to be just exactly who you are, however and whenever and however you want to present yourself at that time. And you need that, man, because if you think about your work relationships, you have to put on to come to work.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes we do.
Speaker 9: We got to get up in the morning, no matter how we feel, and we got to put on a happy face because we morn and drive people. We've got to get up and put on that we okay today face because we are responsible for millions and millions of people's attitude.
Speaker 1: On the way to work.
Speaker 9: We morn and drive people in some days we don't feel like driving all morning, but we got to come up in here. We got to be a certain way. You at work, man, you have to put on ass. You got to put on a different mask to go to work. You know, you got to fake the funk in front of them people. You know, when you get in your department, you got to put on that I'm the full employee mask when you don't be feeling them at all. You got to go to lunch with them and sit next to them in the cafeteria and pretend that they are right.
Speaker 1: When you when they really ain't even your type of people.
Speaker 9: That's why you can't wait to get off so you can just go be yourself again, because at work you can't. So if you have a friend, or several friends, or a few where you can sit around and be your natural self.
Speaker 1: That's valuable.
Speaker 9: Man Cherish your friendships because when you lose them, it's not a good day. Somebody once told me that friendship is essential to the soul. I think that's a true statement. I can't remember where somebody said.
Speaker 1: Anyway, y'all have a great day y'all. Talk to God and love to hear from you. Okay.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.