Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that checked himself into a psych ward after dinner the other night because he put one lasagna on top of another one and realized he still just had one lasagna.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my gosh, it never end. That would break anyone.
Speaker 1: We'd all be shook to from Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other pastaphobes just don't. This first laser story is out of Orlando, Florida, who a few months back, the Florida Lottery announced forty one year olds Alto V. C. Morris played the five hundred x cash scratch off game.
Speaker 3: And one one million dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's always so crazy to me off a scratcher just because I've only ever won like five bucks. Has been my old saying.
Speaker 1: You have to buy like the twenty thirty dollars months to win the big jackpot. And she purchased the lucky ticket at a seven to eleven and claimed her winnings immediately afterwards.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 1: When she went to the lottery headquarters, they got a photo of her holding the giant check.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Reporter asked how she felt, Alto VC replied with three words taken from an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, I'll be back.
Speaker 2: Wow that's some confidence. Oh yeah, once again?
Speaker 1: What happened next? Just a few months later, she was backed at lottery headquarters asking for more money because she spent it all.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't think that's That's not how it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: She was jumping for joy she claimed her second one million dollar pert. What her next ticket? Winter happened after she bought her dream home? And she said, it all happened so fast. I first win the lottery, and then as I'm closing on the house, I stopped at a Sonoko food mart and it happened again.
Speaker 2: Good carmon, is she created a past life for subject like now's my dream car? Yes.
Speaker 1: Lottery officials were shocked, especially because she only bought two scratch tickets during the entire tomb On spam, both off the same game.
Speaker 2: Oh way, Wow.
Speaker 3: There is good news in Florida. Look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a shock in most shocking.
Speaker 1: Barn This next laser stories out of India. A man was vacationing with his friends when the worst thing that could ever happen in Alexis's life?
Speaker 3: Actually happened?
Speaker 2: Why Dozey's phone dropped in the water?
Speaker 1: Rajish vishwas was visiting the Karquetta Dam taking a selfie when he accidentally dropped it in the reservoir.
Speaker 3: Of the lawn.
Speaker 2: Did you know this or no?
Speaker 3: But what could be worse?
Speaker 1: While Alexis in that instance would probably just call her dad and beg him to buy her a new one, yeah, the thirty two year old had a different plan. First, he hired local divers to try and find the twelve hundred dollars Samsung phone Why. Unfortunately for him, the divers told Jish that the water level would have to be significantly lower for them to make any headway on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean standing on a damn my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's when he brought in a diesel pump to start draining the reservoir.
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: He claimed that his phone contained sensitive government information on it and that he had the verbal ok from local water officials, and the pump ran for several days, pulling out more than five hundred thousand gallons of water.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even know how much water that is, Like my head can't wrap around that.
Speaker 3: At long last, Rajish got his phone.
Speaker 2: No, it actually worked.
Speaker 3: His plan worked, but sadly his phone did not.
Speaker 2: So it was all ford.
Speaker 1: And it also turns out he didn't have permission to do any of that. He was fined for dumping water that was meant to be used by local farmers to irrigate nearly fifteen hundred acres of land.
Speaker 2: Today it's actually awful. Just a little famine to get your phone back, Hosey. I don't see what the problem is.
Speaker 3: He also lost his job working as a food inspector.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was his government job.
Speaker 1: The sensitive government info on his phone turned out to be food picks from the restaurants he was supposed to miss.
Speaker 2: It's like what these apples?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Jose can attest to that food picks. They're like gold.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, I got the perfect shot of the other day, my favorites phone. Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: His next LaSure stories out of the Weird World of AI. Some guy tweeted a photo after his cousin in seventh grade used chat.
Speaker 3: GPT to cheat on a book report.
Speaker 1: It was on the nineteen eighty nine novel The Joy Luck club.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good book, and the whole.
Speaker 3: Report is written out by hand.
Speaker 2: But he copied it like how did he copy it?
Speaker 3: Then by copying it like reading and copied it free?
Speaker 2: Did it? I did good in my English class.
Speaker 1: The first clue a kid didn't write it is the vocabulary, because how many seven graders use the word poignant? But there's an even more obvious clue in that same exact paragraph, because even though he did copy this by hand, he forgot to remove chat GPT's disclaimer at the bottom.
Speaker 3: No, the last.
Speaker 1: Paragraph starts quote as an AI language model, I don't have personal expectations or opinions, and that was written out on his paper.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Some people think that this is fake because the handwriting looks a little too good for a seventh grader.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I bet Jeff's handwriting looked too good for a second.
Speaker 1: Other people believe it's one hundred percent real, and a few commented that the kids now are just so lazy they can't even cheat the right way.
Speaker 3: That's the issue.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least they're still writing by hand.
Speaker 1: Now, laser stories out of the study of life as we know it. See what's something a lot of people think they're good at but aren't well. Worldwide studied was just done involving more than fourteen thousand people, and here are the top answers. Number seven, we think we're good at giving advice. Guess what, No, you're not. Number six is parenting. Many many people think that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm a parenting idiot. I'm just trying to survive by the day, Jeff, I don't know what kind of vibe I'm putting out there, but it's not that.
Speaker 1: Number five that people think they're good at is singing, which is pretty evident on this show.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to name names.
Speaker 2: Jeff, yourself a singer.
Speaker 1: Number four being humble and thinks that they're humble, Not so much.
Speaker 2: Why would anyone on this show want to be humble?
Speaker 1: Though, I just want to say, out of all of us, I'm the most humble.
Speaker 2: I have the best at it.
Speaker 1: Number three we think we're good at staying out of drama.
Speaker 2: I am diving right into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all secretly really love it. Number two is driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could argue that I think your car bill different.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And finally, the number one thing we think that we're good at but we're not really is being a great listener?
Speaker 2: Did you not hear that?
Speaker 3: A great listener? Oh? I'm fine.
Speaker 4: Thanks a few more that made the list flirting, lying, romance, cooking, and telling jokes?
Speaker 2: Who gave us a morning show?
Speaker 3: What do you call a famous turtle a celebrity?
Speaker 2: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: The stories is over for the day. We're going to do it again, same time.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.