Speaker 1: It's a Brook and Jeffrey podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, and don't forget you can still text in your thoughts, your feelings, your opinions to seven eight five nine two.
Speaker 1: I mean we almost always respond. Oh we read them though, Yeah, we do read them. Okay, well we'll read them. I can guarantee that.
Speaker 2: Okay, seven eight five nine two, And the full show starts right now.
Speaker 3: It is time once again to shine a low watted spotlight on Brook and Jeffrey's hero of the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just have a flashlight.
Speaker 3: It's just a big light points. Today's hero isn't even human. It's a six month old puppy named Iron.
Speaker 4: I love you Iron.
Speaker 1: What kind of puppy Iron?
Speaker 3: Iron loves three things in this world, Getting belly rubs from unlicensed massage parlors, clicking peanut butter off of his sleeping owner, and getting totally yoked at the gym. Iron because every week Iron's owner, twenty two year old guy in New York, takes him to the gym with him so that the pumpkins spot him on the bench press. I can run on the treadmill and claim workout equipment by marking it first. Oh no way, those dumbells are mine.
Speaker 1: That's the smell of the interesting.
Speaker 3: Now, what's the gym's official policy on bringing dogs there? Iron's owner says, quote, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, don't even check matter.
Speaker 3: The employees never say anything, so I'm guessing it's fine.
Speaker 1: This is my baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, did Iron get off his leash one time and interrupt another gym member, causing them to drop a weight onto themselves, which led to a verbal confrontation between his owner and several strangers.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling you're not gonna say no.
Speaker 5: Maybe okay, that may have happened.
Speaker 6: Imagine trying to bend or squad a whole bunch.
Speaker 2: Of Sorry, at least the person do at some point, can we just not bring dogs everywhere?
Speaker 1: I hate that person.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's an interesting question, But I think the more important question that nobody seems to be asking is who's a good boy?
Speaker 1: Almost hurts someone severely?
Speaker 3: I don't know if boy so, even though he may have caused some physical injury to other people, and ninety eight percent of the Internet seems to agree that dogs should not be allowed inside of a public.
Speaker 1: Gym, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Iron is still our hero. Of the week.
Speaker 1: Yes, stick with it.
Speaker 3: Yes, So let's honor Iron by getting into the shock collar question of the day with the runner up Hero of the Week, Digital Jake, who has marked the shock caller right before he brought it into the studio.
Speaker 5: You are I win it one week?
Speaker 3: What's going on it?
Speaker 5: As radio hosts, the four of you are around music almost constantly. It plays on speakers all over the office, it runs in the studio in between talk breaks, and you've even met some of the biggest artists in the industry, like when Alexis spoke with Grammy nominated singer Lizzo from an interview. Yeah, wait, that was just an actress we hired to prank Kuras.
Speaker 1: Start crying again.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And we have spoke with other legit superstars and the biz, like when Jose interviewed Ryan Tedder from the band One that was a prank. Two that was another actor. Yeah, yikes.
Speaker 3: Have we ever actually talked to a legitimate artist on this show? Are they all just pray?
Speaker 2: Before I started working here, it sounds like the show radio station.
Speaker 5: The show sounds pretty gullible when it comes to music artists. So will you fall for it again when we do a special music trivia edition of the One and Done Shock Collar Question of the Day Jose, Oh, I'm first, since you interviewed one Republic, You're gonna go first, Jose. While Miley Cyrus made the song globally popular, wrecking Ball was first offered to the producers of the Hangover movie franchise, who planned on having Mike Tyson sing it in the final movie.
Speaker 2: There's no way who's gonna Mike Tyson impersonation.
Speaker 1: I came in, let go wreck.
Speaker 6: Wrecking Ball. Okay, hold on.
Speaker 8: It doesn't make sense to me because I'm thinking it wasn't a popular song. I just would think that he would sing a song that would relate to the punch or something, and everybody.
Speaker 1: Kind of relates right like he's a wrecking ball.
Speaker 9: He comes and be like Mama said, knock you out, and then you would punch the guy, you know, like something that's already been established.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say this is.
Speaker 5: False, so false, and this is.
Speaker 10: False.
Speaker 5: It was offered to Beyonce first. Beyonce said no, and then it went to Miley's doesn't sound like Hose, You're safe. Let's go to Brook.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Brook, known for being a one hit wonder. The band chumble Wamba had a hugely popular song called tub Thumping. Most people don't know the group came up with their name after getting drunk one night and watching Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. The drummer was so wasted he couldn't pronounce Chewbacca's name and called him Chumbawamba. Is that true or false?
Speaker 1: That song I loved when it came out. I get knocked down again.
Speaker 2: I honestly remember reading something crazy about their name or tub something.
Speaker 1: I can't remember which, and I don't remember what the article said because it was.
Speaker 6: Like a fun fact.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know that they feel like Star Wars fans either, but I love the idea of it.
Speaker 1: Because I think it's so funny. So I'm going to say it's true.
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 5: Brooks said true, and that is.
Speaker 1: Too good.
Speaker 5: They just made the name up to sound unique. Brooks getting shocked.
Speaker 1: I got knocked down.
Speaker 12: Again.
Speaker 5: Alexis, before her music career took off as a child Billy the Eilish had a guest role as Cecilia Halbert, the baby daughter of Jim and Pam on the Office. Is that true or false?
Speaker 1: Whoa do you know? What her parents did.
Speaker 2: I think that that's a good look, right because she already yeah, like well both her I don't know, both her and her brother write the music together.
Speaker 13: I'm more to think about the age of it, like if it would even line up. There should be a baby when the Office was still coming out, because.
Speaker 1: She's like twenty right now, like twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this put him in two back when she was like really into wearing big clothes to like protect her body. Could you imagine like a giant oversized that doesn't fit. Yeah, it's like for a five year old.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just don't know if her parents were in the entertainment.
Speaker 13: She doesn't seem like she was like grew up as a baby in the industry.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's true.
Speaker 5: Jake Alexis said false, and that is.
Speaker 11: False.
Speaker 5: Although Billy Eilish is a huge Office super fan.
Speaker 10: She loved it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jose and Alexis are safe. Brooke is getting shocked over to Jeffrey. CDs are still an incredibly popular format to purchase music in Japan. In fact, sixty percent of all music sales in Japan are in CD form. Is the real number higher or lower than sixty percent. Japan is like.
Speaker 3: The hub of future technology. Why why would they be still on CDs? Although I have seen a documentary that says all of the Tower Records are still open in Japan.
Speaker 6: Really yeah, that's big.
Speaker 3: It's like the only place that they have like Tower Records that still is an operational.
Speaker 8: Place they could where they're like, oh, we still like it because it's like.
Speaker 1: Or maybe they're just like I love it when a song skips.
Speaker 3: The danger in it? Yeah, Like, is it higher or lower than sixty? I think it is pretty high, but I don't think it's sixty. I'm gonna say it's slightly lower.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey said lower, and that is incorrect.
Speaker 6: It's higher.
Speaker 5: And records it's actually seventy percent of all music in Japan.
Speaker 3: Physical Wow, Brook and I are going to be taking a shock today. And somebody wanted to hear Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. I can't like a recking ball.
Speaker 6: I never hit so hard love. Why is that?
Speaker 3: All I wanted was to break your water?
Speaker 6: Don't break my walls.
Speaker 3: Guys, Oh that's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 11: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's no secret I love me some chocolate muffins, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know that.
Speaker 3: I eat them for breakfast, for second breakfast. A few times I've woken up in a random bakery underneath a big pile of chocolate buffers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bro, I think you got a problem.
Speaker 3: Did not even know how I got there. It was just a happy thing to wake up.
Speaker 6: Oh that's not a.
Speaker 3: Good I was touched when I came home from work the other day and all of my friends and family were there waiting to surprise me. Was it my birthday?
Speaker 6: Was it okay?
Speaker 3: They called it a muff intervention. I guess it's like a fancy, fun way of saying muffin convention. No, I've never had a muffin party throne just for me before a party.
Speaker 1: I don't think people were as direct with you as a party.
Speaker 3: They were all so great too.
Speaker 14: Everybody took turns going around the room and talking about muffins and how muffins have affected them and how much they love me and they love the muffins, and they're all crying, and because people so happy, it brings you to tears.
Speaker 6: Really missed the point.
Speaker 3: It was just really nice to sit in a circle with your friends and talk about what's important to you and what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Are you right now?
Speaker 3: I'm going to have another muffin, actually two more, and before we do our next segment, it's a surprise What's on your Mind? R Venshin. Oh, okay, we're all going to share coming.
Speaker 11: Up, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: A lot of people tell me I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and if that's true, I feel terrible for my mom in the birthing room.
Speaker 1: So it's a lot of stitches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry to my mom. And that kind of gives you an idea of where my head's at. For a brand new What's on your Mind, where we go around the room sharing what we've been all been thinking about lately, starting with Brooke. Brooke, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Gosh, you guys, I don't know. Nine year old baseball is too intense for me. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: My daughter's team, she's playing a little league with all the boys and they're in the tournament right now, and I can't physically handle it, like I mean, like, outwardly, I'm like, yeah, go dube, you know like that. Inwardly, I am so nervous during the whole thing. It is so intense. It's way too intense for nine year olds. It's way too intense for me to handle.
Speaker 6: This is like when most people are watching professionals sports.
Speaker 2: Dude, I've decided that no matter how talented my kids are, how athletic they end up being, maybe they're not at all, they're not allowed to play college sports.
Speaker 1: I just look, I won't be able to mentally hand.
Speaker 6: At a scholarship.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't care. I don't care. I don't even know if we should do high school sports. Like, the nerves are crazy.
Speaker 3: You're stopping your kids prematurely from having extra curriculars because it's too stressful for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to handle it.
Speaker 2: So if any parents are listening and have any tips on how not to care so much, that's what I need.
Speaker 1: Are you a coach? Are you supposed to care?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That doesn't Okay, that's for the little one.
Speaker 3: And you're not allowing your kids to have phones until they're twenty two?
Speaker 1: Yeah right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Sports or phones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe we'll just like start homeschooling.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: J Well, the other night I ordered Uber Eats and I was shocked when they sent.
Speaker 6: Me the picture of the food. You know, they normally take a picture when.
Speaker 1: They mean like the bag that they yeah.
Speaker 8: And I look at it and normally it's the food, but this time it was just my door, like to the apartment complex.
Speaker 1: Okay, no food, nothing in the picture.
Speaker 9: I'm like, wait, what because I have to buzz them in and stuff just walk in.
Speaker 6: So I immediately get up and I run down the hallway.
Speaker 1: The only thing that makes you run, I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 9: So I go down and the elevator door opens, and another resident walks into the elevator with a bag.
Speaker 2: Of food, and I immediately just go, oh, hey, is that my food?
Speaker 9: And he looks kind of shocked and he's like, oh, are you Jose And I'm like yeah.
Speaker 6: He goes, oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, is this totally your food? Some delivery driver just handed it to me. And so then him and I are just standing there in the elevator.
Speaker 1: You're sitting with the thief.
Speaker 10: Wait.
Speaker 6: In my head, I'm like, wait, why wouldn't he just leave it on the lobby table.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was bringing me to get Maybe he was like the middleman to bring it to your door.
Speaker 6: I like to think that he read it and was like, apartment number blankly deliver it. I don't know this guy.
Speaker 9: And the rest of the night, I'm like, does this guy just wait in the lobby for food like that?
Speaker 6: That's a scam. That's literally can go to do it.
Speaker 1: You do have good food choices.
Speaker 2: If I was going to steal anyone's food order, it'd be your in a Greek or the regular.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of times to steal.
Speaker 6: SA for scammers. They are among us. If you live in an apartment complex, watch your food.
Speaker 3: People as what's been on your mind.
Speaker 13: So I had a flight land the other day and I didn't have a ride from the airport, so I had to take public transportation home.
Speaker 4: And I had to.
Speaker 13: Take the train to get back to my house. All right, I get up at a different stop than normal to get an uber halfway, and I get take it halfway, get a cheaper Uber home. Okay, I get off the stop I've never been to, and I start to freak out. It's like eleven o'clock at night. Yeah, it's like dark. I'm the only person that gets off. I'm the only person waiting outside this My Uber is ten minutes away, and I look and I see a man like standing down the street across from me, just like standing there. I have my pink suitcase and a cowgirl hags. I came run backsherette party and take anyone. It's me.
Speaker 1: It's the week deer of the group. I'm an easy target. Like my phone's not I like literally texted my friends. I'm like, guys, this is it.
Speaker 13: Like if I go missing it was here, I'd be like totally panic, panicage, sweating, counting on my UBERMN like I'm actually shaking. Okay, okay, my uber comes though in time.
Speaker 1: They get care and I see him pull up next to the creepy guy. I'm like, why would you go there? Whatever, I run over there.
Speaker 13: I'm about to throw my backpack in the car and I'm about to run infore this guy can snatch me.
Speaker 1: Look it's a statue.
Speaker 2: Wait, guy, guy, he's a statue.
Speaker 1: And that's why he was so still still here. How to get me?
Speaker 2: You're gonna be so by he was so still.
Speaker 1: I was like, this man's done it before, he has a plan.
Speaker 6: You're trying to tell you this weird won't alone. Yeah, you're the weird.
Speaker 2: I know, I said, though, you need to go back and apologize to the statue.
Speaker 1: So funny, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Well, here's some advice. If you're considering buying a house, never ever tell a real estate agent that you're a first time home buyer. Why they made the mistake of doing that, and they take it as a green light to teach you everything that you ever needed to know, and also all the stuff you never wanted to know about home buying is during a two hour long meeting at a coffee shop where every twenty seconds you hear the espresso machine in the background going.
Speaker 2: So they're too like, if you're going to buy a house, don't you want to know everything?
Speaker 1: Because I don't care.
Speaker 3: Exhausting, boring, two hour conversation of my life?
Speaker 1: Did you pay attention at all?
Speaker 3: I was trying to, but they're breaking down an eighty page legal document about home purchasing.
Speaker 1: Did you get into lead paint?
Speaker 3: Yet never even breached that check. I think I might be cool renting for the rest of my stone.
Speaker 2: I think you may have found the most boring real estate agent that has ever existed.
Speaker 3: And that's what's been on our minds. Text into seven, eight, five nine too, tell us what's been on yours. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Mors. We just shared what's been on our minds and got the listeners texting it. At seventy five nine two telling us what's been.
Speaker 1: On theirs my favorite time of the week, and.
Speaker 3: Someone said, how do I ask a girl if she wants to be my girlfriend without freaking her out? That's from Jaden, Oh, Jaden, Jaden, have you been out on a date with her yet?
Speaker 1: Because one question he's just asking her out.
Speaker 3: Well, no, he's asking her to be my girlfriend. If you're worried she might freak out, then it's probably too soon to be asking to be official. At that point, I would recommend going on one date first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that he is like ten, he's going to pass her a note.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, maybe not a thirty year old Jane.
Speaker 3: Don't ask just tell her then we're boyfriend girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Now that either both pieces of advice terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, give me go to a different show. Another seventy five nine two says, what's on my mind is I want to congratulate Brook for a very successful career in radio. I've been listening to her since I was ten years old I'm now fifty three.
Speaker 8: Sweet remembers when there was not a text board?
Speaker 3: Who was first inventedged?
Speaker 6: You had to telegraph it?
Speaker 3: And one more time, he says, love you guys. I'm making our team listening on your radio show on our way to our golf meet to qualify for state. Wish some luck, go North, Butler golf team.
Speaker 1: Okay, Butler, it's too loud.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is golf. Remember you got to keep it quiet.
Speaker 11: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: The thing about bad dates is they don't just happen here. Awkward, cringey romantic rendezvous happen every day in places all over the world.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's good. Common made me.
Speaker 3: Think, what if there was a disaster dating Olympics where the most elite awful daters on earth all came together every four years to compete in events like the four hundred meter dining dash, be rude to the waiter free Style, and the four am love bombing textathon relay. Which country do you think would take home the gold?
Speaker 6: I don't know, I mean even competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never Latvia, so I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: Well, we might not know who would win, but we would like to submit our nation's two Olympic competitors as they recap their worst dates of all time in a brand new edition of Battle of the Tinder Dates.
Speaker 1: Get on that podium, kids, coming up.
Speaker 3: At seven ten two.
Speaker 11: One dating app then dares you guys swipe right. The question is whose love life is more tragic?
Speaker 5: It's Battle of the Tinder Dates.
Speaker 3: It's the dating game show that just invented a new vibrating love seed called the couch potte. Oh today with Battle of the Tinder Days, where two of our listeners go head to head to find out whose dating life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, her wildest celebrity fantasy is hopping into a bubble bath and playing with Ernie's rubber ducky while Bert holds the camera. That's why she's known as Sesame Stephanie. Oh you're the one. And in the other corner, she flirts exclusively using Harry Potter spells and charms.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are both of these kids of age?
Speaker 3: That's how to get into her chamber of Secrets Hallamora, Laura O. Hey guys, Okay, here's how the game works. One contestant we'll start by telling one of their worst date stories, and then the other will try and counter with the nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth with three rounds here until we declare a winner. We're going to start things off with Sesame Stephanie, let's go.
Speaker 15: Okay, So, like I was with the guy at a bar who said he had a game for us to play while we were sitting there, like like, I thought it was like a card.
Speaker 16: Game, right, okay, yeah, sounds fun, right normal?
Speaker 15: But no, you wanted us to take turns guessing the weight of people around us.
Speaker 1: And how do you win that? Do you have to go ask the person the part.
Speaker 15: He would literally go over to them and he'd be like, excuse me, but my date thinks you weigh two thirty.
Speaker 10: Guessed.
Speaker 15: Well, of course I guess. I'm not gonna sit there not playing.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's only bitter because she lost.
Speaker 3: Right now, can you count?
Speaker 17: Don't listen?
Speaker 7: I met a guy who told me he wanted to go to Vegas on.
Speaker 2: Our first day, on your first day, on the first day I was like, are you crazy?
Speaker 10: He was like, no, come on, let's do it.
Speaker 18: And I was like, okay, sure, whatever. Adventure guy. He bought the tickets for us, and I met him at the airport and guess what what I saw him at the airport.
Speaker 7: He was being handcuffed and apparently he's not allowed on a plane for another seven years.
Speaker 3: Who what did you do?
Speaker 5: I have no clue.
Speaker 15: I just threw golf.
Speaker 1: Your ticket to Vegas. No, I don't think she took off on the plane. They came off their Yeah, yeah on.
Speaker 5: A round two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Stephanie, we're back to you.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 15: So this guy invited me to a baseball game and we ended up driving, but we didn't go to a stadium like. We went to a field like near a park. And I was like, like I was confused and like a little nervous too. And then he said, well, we're gonna go watch a little league game.
Speaker 3: Oh oh?
Speaker 1: Was his kid playing?
Speaker 15: All six of his kids were playing.
Speaker 3: He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like left center and right there's are the only ones that aren't mine?
Speaker 3: Hey, kids, me, your new mom, Alimoor and Laura that he just turned enough can you keep up.
Speaker 7: So I went on a date as a plus one to a wedding, okay, and when it was like super quiet during one of the speeches, my date pass gas like super loud to the point that everyone looked at us.
Speaker 16: And jerk blame it on me.
Speaker 3: We're going to our third and final round here. We need your best stories, ladies, So Stephanie, give it to us.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 15: We went to an Italian restaurant and I ordered spaghetti and he asked if we could like qty do the lady in tramp things.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, oh god, this is going to get your top right.
Speaker 15: But I was like, okay, it's kind of cute, like it's kind of gross. Okay, yeah, my clothes. But I'd already been drinking wine, so I was like, sure, why not okay buying it? He got I guess you got a whiff of pepper or something needs pasta sauce all over my sake.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That is also his worst day ever though. That's terrible.
Speaker 3: This is your last chance.
Speaker 7: Wow that wow?
Speaker 19: Okay, all right, So I went out with a super big guy, like a gym wrapped through, and we.
Speaker 7: Go back to his place and he opens the door and the floor is covered in legos.
Speaker 18: In legos, legos, Yeah, freewhere is.
Speaker 1: He like a lego madiac guy?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I thought he had.
Speaker 16: Kids, you know, Like I asked him.
Speaker 7: I was like, do you have kids? Why you didn't tell me.
Speaker 15: He's like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 19: I put the legos down on purpose to build toughness.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, what.
Speaker 6: Is gonna walk over?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 18: He then proceeds to take off his shoes and literally walk over to the kitchen like open like an injured animal.
Speaker 6: By the way, don't go to the bathroom. There's hot holes on the.
Speaker 3: Wow match final bell means it's over. We need to score this.
Speaker 13: Alexis who wins Stephanie for the sneezing pasta.
Speaker 3: You got one to Stephanie Brook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the six kids and the spaghetti sneeze Stephanie for sure.
Speaker 5: That's decided to.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Sesame, Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's very exciting.
Speaker 3: You're proud of your sad dating.
Speaker 6: You did it.
Speaker 3: Congratulations. That was Battle of the tender dates. We got your phone tap coming up.
Speaker 11: Right after this, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: There's a common stereotype, an unfair one that if you're a single woman and you show up to a mechanic, they're gonna take advantage of the fact that you probably don't know a lot about cars. True, Alexis, please prove that to be not true.
Speaker 1: Anything they tell me is wrong usually probably is wrong. Right, that's right? All the money the charge one thousands.
Speaker 3: If Alexis can't disprove it, then Brooke, Well, oh, she calls an auto shop today with a chip on her shoulder, and the guy on the phone better not try any funny business on to him early and often in your phone town Right now?
Speaker 10: Another repair, Brendan, Hi, I.
Speaker 1: Am a woman and I am not going to be taken advantage of.
Speaker 10: Okay, Yeah, I have an.
Speaker 1: Issue with my vehicle and I need to bring it in. Is that okay with you? What do you want to may explain me the directions on how to get there?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, if you do need directions, I knew you'd be the type.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just letting you know that I don't want to be overcharged for some dumb things or get talked down to because you think you're better than me.
Speaker 10: That's not what we intend to do here at all. If you want to come in. You're more than welcome.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, that's fine, Because I know my cars.
Speaker 10: I believe you, and I just want to let you know we treat everyone equal here.
Speaker 1: I believe that when I see it.
Speaker 2: So I have a twenty fourteen Honda Civic, and when I drive, the hugnuts seems off.
Speaker 1: What the hug nuts on the wheels?
Speaker 10: The hug I'm sorry, is it possible that you mean the lug nut?
Speaker 2: And here we go patronizing me because I'm a woman, no miss, and you're a man and you know con parts better than me.
Speaker 10: No miss, I didn't mean that at all. I just I wanted to let you know that that's that's what it is called.
Speaker 2: No, I just wanted to let you know that I grew up around cars my whole life. I have ridden in cars since I was a baby, so I know hug nuts and dipplesticks.
Speaker 1: Don't even mess with me.
Speaker 12: We can we can call it that if that's what makes you feel more comfortable. I'm probably wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh, the first right thing you've said. That is the first right thing you've said.
Speaker 2: So back to my issue. The hug nuts are off. And also I've noticed the Metacritic converter isn't funneling.
Speaker 10: Right, the converter.
Speaker 12: We'll go with that exactly.
Speaker 2: So I got down underneath the car and I noticed this weird nut. So I unscrewed it and all this brown liquid came out. Let me tell you that brown liquid did not look good and it did not taste good.
Speaker 10: You tasted it.
Speaker 1: Uh, how else would you know if it's spoiled or not? Oh God, and let me tell you it tasted wrong. It was off. And that's when I knew that the blinker fluid done.
Speaker 10: You said, blinker fluid.
Speaker 1: You must be new you know the brown sticky liquid. Lets you change your blinker.
Speaker 10: Man, you're talking about the oil, right.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to be nice here, and I just I don't think that has anything to do with your blinker.
Speaker 1: Where do you come from? Do you even go to mode of school? God, you probably didn't even study automotiology. Oh what idiot? So yeah, the oil if you want to call it that. Listen.
Speaker 5: I got rid of it.
Speaker 10: You got rid of all the oil, yes, And the.
Speaker 1: Problem is now, whenever I drive, there's a funny smell.
Speaker 10: Man, that's because your car's burning up. You have no oil in your car.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the blinker fluid again.
Speaker 2: I think what happened is I didn't get it all out, which is why I need you guys to take a look at it.
Speaker 10: Ma'am.
Speaker 12: If you want, we have a slot for you already today. If you want to come down, we can take a look at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, listen, I'll bring it down when it's my choice, not yours. All right, And I know you've got your little fancy tools down there, but in the end, I'm probably gonna end up fixing it myself because you sound like another moron.
Speaker 1: Funny that moron and man have the same letters, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Okay, we don't need the insults. I'm just trying to help you.
Speaker 2: Oh help the poor little woman who can't take care of her own car.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 12: Not at all, Man, you're a customer and I'm just trying hard here to help you. You don't seem to want help. I don't even know why you called.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you want to know why I called.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you exactly why I called, because your girlfriend Tina set you up for a.
Speaker 1: Prank phone call.
Speaker 10: Wait, what are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is actually Broke from the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Oh my god, don't worry. My hug nuts are just fine.
Speaker 5: It's all a prank.
Speaker 10: Thank god. I didn't know what to say. I was trying to be so nice. There.
Speaker 1: You did a really good job. I'm actually impressed.
Speaker 2: She said, you guys have been getting a lot of crazy customers lately, so I thought i'd.
Speaker 1: Just pile on.
Speaker 10: Well, you'd certainly piled on. Oh my god, what a.
Speaker 1: Relief are you saying that there's no blinker fluid.
Speaker 10: They didn't teach me about that in my autotology degree.
Speaker 1: Oh that's automatology. You didn't go to school. Yeah, wake up.
Speaker 11: Every morning was phone tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Doesn't happen very often, But when jose is really into a woman, his dating strategy is to go all out. He will take her to the nicest restaurant in town, even if it is in the airport flowers. He will pull out chairs, open doors, and wow her with his extensive knowledge of the different salmon species in which rivers they spawn. But here's the thing. What if I told you there was a smarter, easier way to date where you could still have a wild, adventurous evening and you'll leave with more money than when you came. Guarantees it's not.
Speaker 6: About the money, Jeff, I just want to spoil her and make her happy.
Speaker 1: I like Jeff's idea.
Speaker 6: Coming from a woman.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but we just learned about it from one of our listeners, and his idea for a date might actually be genius.
Speaker 6: Your brand.
Speaker 3: You'll find out in your brand new second Date Update, Next second Date up date. One of the best parts of dating is trying out new things, like activities, new activities, new foods, new felonies, because you never know what unique experiences you might have and how you're gonna feel when you're with this new person.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I never knew that was my jam until I met you. And that's what happened with one of our listeners, Aaron, who says he went out with a new woman and she inspired him to try doing something for the very first time. Aaron, is this your first time being on a radio show?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 17: Not my first time, but.
Speaker 10: Conversations.
Speaker 3: Yet she's inspired you to do at least two new things. Look at you, Wow, this woman already sounds like a keeper. What's the name?
Speaker 1: Her name is Becca Beccaca.
Speaker 17: I met Becca online.
Speaker 2: It was my first foray, no, really, is the first time you ever did online dating?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I was always like my dream with to do it, like find a person in person and connect. And then I was like, you know what, it's been such a struggle. Nobody wants to talk anymore in person.
Speaker 3: The internet is where people go to give up on their previous hopes.
Speaker 11: So much.
Speaker 3: But where did you decide to go for your date?
Speaker 17: Okay? So the plan was we were supposed to just go me to the bar and have some beers, and that was actually good, but then kind of got a little out of control.
Speaker 1: What do you mean really good way?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it was like in a good and bad way. If that makes I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it means bad. Isn't good either, I think it just means bad bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm more confused. Tell us what happened?
Speaker 17: Okay, so it sounds weird, but we were drinking at the bar and then I noticed at the window there was a pawn shop across the street.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're not in a very nice neighborhood. I get it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it could be stars.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I grew up hanging out at pawn shops. They are not in the nice neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you saw the pawn shop.
Speaker 17: And what And then I was like, this is a little bit weird, but I've always wanted to go to those, you know, can we check it out? I've never been there.
Speaker 3: Oh so this is the new experience that she inspired you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, oh go, it could be really romantic and magic.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to a pawn shop Jeffrey? Well no, No, they all smell a little weird.
Speaker 3: They're sad places.
Speaker 1: You're desperate people.
Speaker 3: Go, Aaron, maybe you had a better experience, Aaron, what was yours?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so we just walked across the street and she was down with it, and so I popped in, looked around and I was like, I haven't I actually have an idea, and so I went put to my car. She waited for me and I came back and I was like, I had this whole cookie jar in the trunks and my grandma gave me it kind of looks valuable, So you know, I wasn't sure. So I was like, Okay, let's see, here's.
Speaker 3: A good opportunity to get rid of it and maybe make some money.
Speaker 6: It's get an a value.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so you brought it in yeah, And I was like to the guy behind the counter, I was like, hey, how much for this cookie jar?
Speaker 3: And he was like nothing, see, that's they lowball you at first.
Speaker 6: Yeahs a Civil war cookie?
Speaker 1: Like is there diamonds or guns.
Speaker 17: Inside in the family for a bit, and I was like arguing with the guy. I was like, no, it's an antique, you know, and he's like, dude, I can't sell this for anything. But like I was just joking.
Speaker 10: I was like, oh, well, what about the necklace that she's wearing, you know, and necklace that Joe Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: It's obvious.
Speaker 1: Joe isn't an obvious joke though, what did bea say?
Speaker 17: I mean, we're both kind of tipsy. So she was a little offended at first, but she kind of laughed at it when she realized I was joking. Okay, she was like, well, actually this necklace is from her ex. So she was like, I wouldn't mind really getting rid of it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: She was wearing her ex boyfriend's necklace on her first date.
Speaker 1: With choice, we could just get a yeah, pass out. Sometimes exes give good jewelry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure. Okay, it was.
Speaker 17: Nice enough, but so we started negotiate with the guy and then he was like, I'll give you eighty dollars for it, and she's like sure, and she got rid of it.
Speaker 10: So like, yo, drinking money man the black in the bar, Are you worried?
Speaker 6: What if it was worth a lot more than that?
Speaker 1: They're always worth a lot more than that if they're going to give you eighty bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but to get rid of an ex boyfriend's necklace, it kind of feels good to get rid of it emotional weight, all right, So now you have eighty dollars to keep drinking.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 17: We went back to the bar and we spent all eighty dollars ago, Now it was fun.
Speaker 1: Was she just mad that she ended up having to pay for the date?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 10: That way?
Speaker 17: She didn't say anything about that, like, you know, we left the bar the end of the night with the hugs.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 17: I decided I was like, I can't drive home because I'm not I'm like really wasted at this point. So I slept in the back of my car. But we got her in uber.
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't uber back with her.
Speaker 6: I know, I'm fine here.
Speaker 3: I'm still sleep across from the park.
Speaker 1: I mean it's okay, it's responsible.
Speaker 17: Like I I didn't want to leave my car there in the parking lot, and then my grandma's cookie jars in there too.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like with it, not the cookie jars, like sleeping with it.
Speaker 1: Did your date see you sleeping in the car?
Speaker 17: I don't remember, but I know she got home safe, so okay.
Speaker 3: I've been able to keep the conversation going with her after the date.
Speaker 10: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 17: It's like, I haven't got any responses from her. I mean she liked one of my texts, so I know she.
Speaker 1: Saw it, okay, but she didn't send like great time.
Speaker 10: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe she regrets selling the necklace and felt like kind of pressured by you and she sobered up.
Speaker 17: Well, I mean I hope not, because I mean we had a good time doing something we've totally never done before, and I mean same.
Speaker 3: With her, so you know, sure, Okay, Well we're gonna give beck a whole other thing she's never done before. A random fun call from a bunch of radio hosts when we come back and do your second date update. Right after this second update, what was supposed to be an ordinary date turned into a semi drunk episode of pond Stars.
Speaker 1: With this music.
Speaker 3: It was crazy how it happened. Because Aaron saw a pawn shop out the window of the bar that they were at. They ambled over across the street and he sold his date's necklace for beer money.
Speaker 1: Dude, why made you say it in that sentence?
Speaker 3: Exactly, I'm not even exaggerating. And they went back to the bar and drank more with the eighty bucks that they scored, until he decided to spend the night in the back seat of his own car.
Speaker 6: God's honest truth.
Speaker 3: I lie here and that I've done wrong, diss any of that story up.
Speaker 17: When you recap the date like that, it's a little creepy.
Speaker 1: No, is that creepy. It just sounds like you're from my hometown. Like all of that, it's very familiar.
Speaker 6: You're one of those friends in low places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's not the date that you envisioned for yourself, clearly, but maybe it ended up better than you ever expected.
Speaker 6: And you said you had fun.
Speaker 10: I had a great time.
Speaker 17: I would love to hear again, no regrets.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that a girl wouldn't call a guy back after he couldn't sell his own grandma's cookies.
Speaker 17: So that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, George Clooney did that one and look where he is now billionaire. So that's going to be you soon, Aaron. First, we got to get you out on another date with Becca, so we're going to call her right now.
Speaker 10: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey is this Becca?
Speaker 16: This is Becca?
Speaker 3: Hey Becca, what's up? You're on the morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Becca, by, Welcome.
Speaker 11: To the show.
Speaker 16: So I'm like, I'm literally on the radio right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are, so hop on board because it's going to be a little bit of a bumpy ride, okay, because.
Speaker 5: Well it's actually could be smooth.
Speaker 3: It could be smooth because we're doing something called the second Date Update, and we're trying to hook you back up with a guy you went out with recently named Aaron.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, seriously, Yeah, it sounds like you guys had a fun night together.
Speaker 16: I mean we definitely had a time. Yeah, I mean, honestly, it was a great first date, but it kind of like led to like a kind of a bigger issue.
Speaker 3: So what kind of a thing?
Speaker 16: What I mean, did you tell you that we were kind of drunk and went to a pawn shop and he sold my necklace, like off my neck.
Speaker 3: On a scale of one to ten. How romantic was that to you?
Speaker 16: I mean, yeah, I mean it was all It was definitely fun. I did not expect to walk out of that date without my necklace. The word to close the bar down afterwards, but yeah, I mean I guess I intended on calling him back. But I took an uber home after our date, and I kind of helped myself because before I parted with the necklace, I asked Aaron to take a photo of me handing over the necklace of the pawnshop guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, happy memories.
Speaker 16: Yeah, exactly exactly, because it was a gesture, it was on my ex and anyway, while I was in the Uber, I sent that photo.
Speaker 17: To my ex.
Speaker 1: Oh revenge photo, yeow, I mean that that is a good revenge.
Speaker 3: I'm look what happened to your sweet precious jewelry?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean we had broken up probably six months ago or something, and we hooked up a couple of times, and then yeah, and so, like I had started an online dating profile to like help me get over him, or you know, just find other options. So I didn't keep doing that. But then this, like selling the necklace was like supposed to be the nail in the coffin, like shutting the door, and that's.
Speaker 1: A huge middle finger to get in your Like, what did your ex say?
Speaker 16: Well, he didn't really say much. He'd actually just like put question marks, and I didn't. I just honestly I got home and I passed out and I didn't really care.
Speaker 3: So, Okay, that's him, then what's wrong?
Speaker 16: But then the next day I woke up to my door, knock at my door, and it's my ex holding the necklace.
Speaker 1: What did he go back to the pawn shop?
Speaker 16: He had done some investigative work and figured out which pawn shop it was, bought the necklace back for three hundred and twenty dollars. Oh this is how much you mean to me?
Speaker 1: Oh well, and he still want to do that, dude?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is really sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how men operate.
Speaker 16: We operate on SAT so not every man, not every man does that do so.
Speaker 1: I mean you hated him enough to pawn the necklace he gave you and then send it in a text like I was drinking.
Speaker 16: I was drinking.
Speaker 11: Talking.
Speaker 1: Let's guess what happened next.
Speaker 16: Or you just tell us we didn't hook up, if that's what you're implying. But I did invite him in. We had some coffee, we talked things over, and honestly, I mean, it was so unexpected. Maybe it's because I was hungover. Maybe it's because like it was hot, Like it was hot for him to go through all that trouble and then take three hundred and twenty dollars to get it back.
Speaker 6: That point too, you texted in vote right now seventy hot or not?
Speaker 3: He didn't spend over three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: On it that, I mean, what was it worth to begin with? Did he ever tell you?
Speaker 16: I don't know. He never told me, but it could not have been more than I was something to say, Hello, Hello, Aaron. Is that Aaron?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That's a.
Speaker 1: I think your ex boyfriends in the back room.
Speaker 3: He's been listening on the other line this entire time, wanting to jump in. Are you serious, yeah, Aaron?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 17: So wait, hold on, So you you had an amazing time with me, but then you got back with your exes that you hooked.
Speaker 10: Up with your ex.
Speaker 16: I did not hook up with my ax, but we have decided to hook I think we I mean, we want to try you know, we're trying it again. It's like, thank you so much. I mean, we had a fun day, and I mean I think you're a really great guy. I was one hundred percent anticipating having a second day with you.
Speaker 17: I'm just being really honest, Like this really hurts, actually, like I didn't expect like this would happened that. I thought we had a great time and it was, like you said, it was six months ago, Like really, you want to try that again instead of trying something new like we did.
Speaker 6: You're getting with very risk.
Speaker 3: Aaron basically teed up her ex to like, yeah.
Speaker 11: This home.
Speaker 10: Yeah I didn't. I didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 17: It just happened, you know, I mean honestly.
Speaker 2: I know, but you thought that you were ridding her of the X instead of you know what I mean, like you're you're getting rid of the necklace.
Speaker 1: We're washing ourselves clean, we're moving forward. You were probably just asleep in your car when he was across the street.
Speaker 17: You're actually good. Things happened, so that's what i'm You're sleeping your car?
Speaker 10: Oh sorry, oh god.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I didn't want to leave my car. Look, I just I just he didn't take it. I didn't want to leave the car there, and I couldn't drive home, you know, drunk, I was no.
Speaker 16: I mean, I'm glad you didn't drive home, but I definitely didn't think you would sleep in your car.
Speaker 17: Look, I think I think you're great and.
Speaker 6: Good timing.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's really sweet.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should offer to buy the necklace back for even more than three hundred and twenty dollars the ultimate.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I come on, you're not taking an uber home like I doubt you're gonna spend more than three hundred and twenty dollars on this reclass you're him.
Speaker 17: Now, Yes, it's just a gesture of money. We had a great time, he just said, with money.
Speaker 3: I think that's important to keep in mind here. And also it's important to keep in mind that she hasn't hooked up with her ex boyfriend yet. So with that being said, I think I'm going to propose the two of you go out on another date. You and air in and you can use it as a competition now to see who do you want to get with more, Aaron or your exploit.
Speaker 1: Or maybe Aeron will lead you to another X and then you can.
Speaker 10: Good God, this.
Speaker 16: Has already been like kind of a shock to the system. But I mean, oh no, I think it's I feel I feel like a second date. Would that? Would that be awkward?
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd cheating on your new boyfriend together yet only if you're wearing that necklace again, then might be a little awkward just talking.
Speaker 17: Hey, hey, look after a couple of whiskey sours, whiskey cokes, whatever you want, we're gonna sell that thing again.
Speaker 1: Oh let's see how many times your exploit friend will buy it.
Speaker 6: Some time.
Speaker 3: Come on, go out one more time, and we'll pay for it. Yes or no?
Speaker 16: All right, if you guys are paying for it, I will do a second date.
Speaker 3: It's a sloppy second date, just the way that we like it. We'll even throw in a free radio station blanket that the two of you can cuddle up underneath in the back seat of Aaron's car.
Speaker 16: I was gonna ask if you can definitely put the UBERTI.
Speaker 11: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Some people love Amazon, Yeah, some people kind of hate Amazon. But you gotta admit, North America's completely hooked because over half of the continent pays one hundred and forty dollars a year for their Amazon Prime subscription.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I feel like it's as important as like paid in my car insurance, and it shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, did you realize it was that much money.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so bad, moms.
Speaker 3: I thought it was one hundred and forty dollars a year. That gives you prime shipping, prime video, prime music, prime gaming, and next up, prime cell phone service. Because word has it, your Amazon Prime subscription may soon include cheap or possibly free cell phone survey.
Speaker 2: Does anyone feel like that's going to be the most spotty service they've ever had.
Speaker 3: In their Well, you say that, but several business publications are saying they've been talking to T Mobile and AT and T about doing this, and the cell service could cost subscribers about ten dollars or less per month.
Speaker 1: Mom, noticed extra charge. We're going to go back to the times where it's like you have to pay per text message you sent. Do you remember that it was awful.
Speaker 6: It's your text is also a one hour prime delivery.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to T nine texting. You have to hit the button like four times.
Speaker 1: We're only playing snake on our phones.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I forgot about snake nostalgic.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the phone carriers are all denying these rumors. Meanwhile, Amazon's response is no comment, which means it's definitely happening.
Speaker 1: It means we love the free press.
Speaker 3: Speaking of free press, laser stories, we're going to do it next. It's the radio segment that checked himself into a psych ward after dinner the other night because he put one lasagna on top of another one and realized he still just had one lasagna.
Speaker 6: Oh oh my gosh, it never end.
Speaker 1: That would break anyone.
Speaker 3: We'd all be shook too. From Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other pastaphobes just don't. This first laser story is out of Orlando, Florida. Who a few months back, the Florida Lottery announced forty one year old Alto V. C. Morris played the five hundred X cash scratch off game and one one million dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's always so crazy to me off a scratcher just because I've only ever won like five bucks.
Speaker 9: Has been my old saying you have to buy like the twenty thirty dollars months to win the big jackpot.
Speaker 3: And she purchased the lucky ticket at a seven to eleven and claimed her winnings immediately afterwards.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 3: When she went to the lottery head quarters, they got a photo of her holding the giant check.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Reporter asked how she felt. Alto VC replied with three words taken from an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, I'll be back.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's some confidence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once again.
Speaker 3: What happened next? Just a few months later, she was backed at lottery headquarters asking for more money because she spent it all.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think that's That's not how it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just kidding. She was jumping for joy. She claimed her second one million dollar her next ticket. Winter happened after she bought her dream home, and she said, it all happened so fast. I first win the lottery, and then as I'm closing on the house, I stopped at a Sonoko food mart and it happened again.
Speaker 2: Good Carmon is she created a past life for subjects like now's my dream car?
Speaker 3: Yeah, lottery officials were shocked, especially because she only bought two scratch tickets during the entire tomb On spam, both off the same game. Oh way, Wow, there is good news in Florida. Look at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a shock in most shocking bart.
Speaker 3: This next laser stories out of India. A man was vacationing with his friends when the worst thing that could ever happen in Alexis's life actually happened.
Speaker 1: Why Toy's phone dropped in the water?
Speaker 3: Rajish vishwas was visiting the Karquetta Dam taking a selfie when he accidentally dropped it in the reservoir of the lawn.
Speaker 1: Did you know this or no?
Speaker 11: But what could be worse?
Speaker 3: While Alexis in that instance would probably just call her dad and beg him to buy her new one, yeah, the thirty two year old had a different plan. First, he hired local divers to try and find the twelve hundred dollars Samsung phone Why. Unfortunately for him, the divers told Jish that the water level would have to be significantly lower for them to make any headway on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean standing on a damn my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's when he brought in a diesel pump to start draining the reservoir.
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: He claimed that his phone contained sensitive government information on it and that he had the verbal ok from local water officials, and the pump ran for several days, pulling out more than five hundred thousand gallons of water.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even know how much water that is. Like, my head can't wrap around that.
Speaker 3: At long last, Rajesh got his phone.
Speaker 1: No, it actually worked.
Speaker 3: His plan worked, but sadly his phone did not.
Speaker 1: So it was all ford.
Speaker 3: And it also turns out he didn't have permission to do any of that. He was fined for dumping water that was meant to be used by local farmers to irrigate nearly fifteen hundred acres of land.
Speaker 2: It's awful, just a little famine to get your phone.
Speaker 1: I don't see what the problem is.
Speaker 3: He also lost his job working as a food inspector.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was his government job.
Speaker 3: The sensitive government info on his phone turned out to be food picks from the restaurants he was supposed to miss.
Speaker 6: He's like what these apples?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, Jose can attest to that food picks They're like gold.
Speaker 9: Absolutely absolutely, I got the perfect shot of the other day my favorites phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, his.
Speaker 3: Next leasure stories. Out of the Weird World of AI, some guy tweeted a photo after his cousin in seventh grade used chat gpt to cheat on a book report. It was on the nineteen eighty nine novel The Joy Luck Club.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good book man.
Speaker 3: The whole report is written out by hand.
Speaker 1: But he copied it, Like, how did he copy it?
Speaker 3: Then by copying it, reading and co it free?
Speaker 1: Did it? I did good in my English class.
Speaker 3: The first clue a kid didn't write it is the vocabulary, because how many seventh graders use the word poignant. But there's an even more obvious clue in that same exact paragraph, because even though he did copy this by hand, he forgot to remove chat GPT's disclaimer at the bottom. No, the last paragraph starts quote as an AI language model, I don't have personal expectations or opinions, And that was written out on his paper.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, kid.
Speaker 3: Some people think that this is fake because the handwriting looks a little too good for a seventh grader.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I bet Jeff's handwriting looked too good for a YEA.
Speaker 3: Other people believe it's one hundred percent real, and a few commented that the kids now are just so lazy they can't even cheat the right way.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least they're still writing by hand.
Speaker 10: For now.
Speaker 3: Laser stories out of the study of life as we know it. See what's something a lot of people think they're good at but aren't well. A worldwide studied was just done involving more than fourteen thousand people, and here are the top answers. Number seven, we think we're good at giving advice. Guess what, No, you're not. Number six is parenting. Many many people.
Speaker 10: Think that.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm a parenting idiot. I'm just trying to survive by the day. Jeff, I don't know what kind of vibe I'm putting out there, but it's not that.
Speaker 3: Number five that people think they're good at is singing, which is pretty evident on this show. I'm not going to name names.
Speaker 5: Jeff, yourself.
Speaker 3: Singer number four being humble and thinks that they're humble, not so much.
Speaker 1: Why would anyone on this show want to be humble?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 6: I just want to say, out of all of us, I'm the most humble best.
Speaker 3: At number three, we think we're good at staying out of drama.
Speaker 1: I am diving right into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all secretly really love it. Number two is driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could argue that I think your car bill because yeah.
Speaker 3: And finally, the number one thing we think that we're good at but we're not really is being a great listener.
Speaker 1: Did you not hear that?
Speaker 6: A great listener?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm fine. Thanks. A few more that made the list flirting, lying, romance, cooking, and telling jokes?
Speaker 6: Who gave us a morning show?
Speaker 3: What do you call a famous turtle? A celebrity?
Speaker 1: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Means the stories is over for the day. We're going to do it again, same time, Friday.
Speaker 11: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Her name is Mary Anne from Kent and she's a retired pharmacy tech with a pension for adventure.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: And when I say adventure, I mean going out to the mailbox very.
Speaker 1: Very slowly slowly. Yeah, okay, adventure, Mary Mary.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, Mary Anne.
Speaker 7: Oh, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: I feel like Jeff just wrote your new dating profile.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know about that.
Speaker 10: Tomorrow is my forty second anniversary.
Speaker 1: Two years you've been married.
Speaker 3: Oh man, isn't that the tender versary? Like every year has a gift wood and like silver forty two years is tinder?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The dating again?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you CA's the marriage?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How strong is this real?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 1: That is how you make it work, Marianne.
Speaker 3: We never tell, don't talk to them. We're sending Brook out of the studio. All that happens, Marianne, you know the game works. He got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Ready?
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this. Your time starts now. Today is VCR day. What does the sea in VCR stand for? The Australian Open, the French Open, the US Open? And what other event comprised the Grand Slam of Tennis? What are animals called that eat both meat and plants? In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? What was Indie searching for goblet fleas have wings or false false? Nice work there, Mary Anne, and help her, possibly because there was another voice that came through it.
Speaker 6: It's your dog.
Speaker 15: It's a ghost.
Speaker 3: Oh, a ghost. We accept ghosts as helpers. That's fine, Brooks coming back in the studio. It's funny Hoose mentioned Alexa because Marianne apparently has four Alexa's that are all tuned into our radio show, all across our house.
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I love you, Marianne.
Speaker 6: How we get ratings on the home.
Speaker 2: That's how you make a marriage work, don't you know? Listen to our show and you don't have to talk to each other.
Speaker 16: The secret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my parents listen every morning. They're still going strong after I don't even know.
Speaker 15: It's not just morning, it's all day long.
Speaker 3: For the soundtrack to your whole life.
Speaker 1: I would marry you if you were already married, brook You're ready.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Today is VCR day. What does the C in VCR stand for? The Australian, the French Open, the US Open? And what other event comprised the Grand Slam of Tennis British? What are animals called that eat both meat and plants? In Indiana? Jones and the Last Crusade? What was Indy searching for? The goblet thing fleas have wings? True or false?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 3: In which city can you find? The House of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, London. We got our answers, and we're gonna go over to the scoreboard and see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 6: Marianne, you got four correct.
Speaker 1: Bring in the fire, Marianne.
Speaker 6: One Alexa and Brook you.
Speaker 1: One Alexa.
Speaker 4: Sure. Only nice job, Marianne and Marianne's ghost heel birth.
Speaker 3: Let's get some credit to the ghost. Today's VCR day. The C in VCR stands for Cassette Video Cassette Recorder. Australian Open, French Open, the US Open, and the fourth Event and the Grand Slam of Tennis. Technically it is the British Open, but they call it Wimbledon, so we couldn't give that, okay. The animals that eat both meat implants are omnivores Indiana Jones and the last crusade, they were looking for the Holy Grail. You both said the goblin things.
Speaker 6: It is technically, but it's the.
Speaker 3: Fleas have wings that is false. There are only one of four wingless insects in the world. And you find the House of Parliament and Westminster Abbey in the city of London Town. Now, Mary Anne, for winning. Not only do you get one hundred dollars, but you also get some other prize that I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: Juice juice, Squeeze juice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you get one hundred dollars gift card to squeezed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, squeeze.
Speaker 9: Yes's dot com and don't forget Right now, you can get twenty percent off free same day delivery with.
Speaker 1: The code brook Summer Monday, Summer Summer.
Speaker 3: Dang it, but you have to hit you to check out, you know.
Speaker 2: We know, trying to make it all about me, Marianne. It's not working out as well as I had planted.
Speaker 1: No, never does.
Speaker 6: Also got the hundred bucks. Yeah, this is most important.
Speaker 11: Dang it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for playing. We're going to come back and do Windbrooks Bucks again, same time tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's like every day I find another reason to love the Washington Potato Commission and Washington Potato Growers because our potato growers are committed to sustainable farming practices to grow spuds for generations to come.
Speaker 1: You hear that, kids, You got spuds.
Speaker 2: For life, and it means so much that ninety nine percent of Washington potato farms are family run. These growers are environmentalists at their core, and they want their crops and fields healthy for their kids and their kids, and their kids and their kids. You get it, all those little tater tots out there. Farmers rely on costs of active, reliable energy like hydropower for harvesting and processing potatoes. Oh By using GPS trackers while fertilizing and more energy efficient farming equipment, they're using less diesel and releasing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Go to potatoes dot com slash farm families to learn more about their sustainable farming practices.