Speaker 1: How do you tell someone after a date or two that you're just not interested?
Speaker 2: You could just say that, or you don't say anything Jeffard.
Speaker 1: In the morning. I mean, do you send them a carefully word a text and with a little shrug emoji.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, sorry, I don't know. I think it's okay. No.
Speaker 1: Do you send them a snail mail thank you but no thank you card? Or do you do what I've done while riding in the back of a cab with this person, pretend to fall asleep just so that you don't have to kiss them good night or talk about your future plans. That really happened, and I'm not proud to admit it, but I did pretended to fall asleep so I wouldn't have talk.
Speaker 2: Just what I think. You couldn't get more passive aggressive.
Speaker 3: So that makes away.
Speaker 2: I know, it's four in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: It's it's a It's a cowardly move, but highly effective. I will say it might be the most cringe worthy way of rejecting someone. But an online publication did a poll asking people what's the pettiest reason they've ditched a person after just a few hangouts, and they found the top responses let's go over some of them. You wouldn't described that she didn't want to call me after that. But number ten is I was on a date with a really cute guy when he dropped his napkin on the ground and shouted Whoopsie's instant deal breaker.
Speaker 2: Really just because she said whoopsies, sorry, jose was confused. What's the problem? I say, whoopsie, daisies ahead. You're not the right person for that person. Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Were meant to be together, Now you go. Number nine says I broke up with my eighth grade boyfriend right before Christmas so I wouldn't have to buy him a gift. Oh of course I did that after he'd already given me his.
Speaker 2: Oh smart, smart alexis so mean.
Speaker 1: That's harsh. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That gives for people is the worst. It would have been like a collage picture frame. They are any These.
Speaker 1: Are the top ten pettiest reasons people have ever ditched someone after just a few dates. Number eight says, every time I asked her what she would like to do, she would respond with an annoying I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the perfect way to.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, it was so good.
Speaker 1: Could you just picture forty years of that for the rest of your life. Let me think, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you take this ring?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Number seven says I want it with a guy a couple times, and at both restaurants he flatly refused to eat any kind of vegetable. Keep in mind he was twenty eight years old.
Speaker 3: Vegetables potato, Yeah, and the little box makes me happy.
Speaker 1: Number six. These are the pettiest reasons that people ever got rejected. It says I went over to a guy's house and he told me I was in his cat's chair and I needed to move.
Speaker 2: No, as a cat. He's lucky even got date over in the first place. You won't d a cat.
Speaker 1: No, I'm more.
Speaker 2: Imagining the cats in the corner literally about to kill this person. It was actually a warning to help her.
Speaker 1: It was number five on the list. I couldn't get it out of my head. Every time I was with her, I would look over at her and she was walking like a t rex.
Speaker 2: Like with their arms. That's what I imagine, short arms forward forward as if yeah, there's a tail to balance it out.
Speaker 1: Are the bringing up any memories for you, guys? Any any petty reasons that you guys ever didch someone?
Speaker 2: I did somebody because he got food poisoning, which is really terrible, but like, my god, I know that's why I still feel bad.
Speaker 3: But like once you watch someone in the in your headlights of your car, like lose all the clam chowder on the ground, Like I just couldn't so mid food poisoning.
Speaker 1: It was like, I'm over this, deal with it yourself.
Speaker 2: Here's a weak stomach.
Speaker 4: I need a strong man.
Speaker 1: Let's keep going. Number four says even though she told me she was allergic to it and I never saw her eating it, she always smelled like peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Really so weird. Yeah, I can't. I don't like to smell that much.
Speaker 1: That would be the reason for me to be with that person. Let me look you down. We have the top ten pettiest reasons people ever rejected a date. Number three says she had a mole on her eyelid, so every time I kissed her, I saw it while I was leaning in. I started to have dreams that the mole was talking to me.
Speaker 2: That's more petty than my food poisoning.
Speaker 1: I don't know, It's like poking him in the eyes.
Speaker 2: I can't get away from it.
Speaker 1: Number two says, I was out with the nicest guy. He was so polite, pulling my chair out for me, opening doors, giving compliments. Everything was perfect except when he ate a banana.
Speaker 2: Why are you having a banana?
Speaker 1: I witnessed it twice. He acted like it was no big deal, but he always ate them sideways, nibbling on it like a corn on the call.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't stand date.
Speaker 3: It's not a Harmonica Broms.
Speaker 1: And the number one pettiest reason somebody ever ditched somebody after just a couple of dates, says met a girl at a coffee shop. We ended up sitting down and talking right there for a while. After a half hour, I remembered, Oh yeah, I never asked her name, and she told me Geraldine, which of course is the exact same name as my mom. Oh no, you know what.
Speaker 2: Believe there's girls that I'm a name Maria.
Speaker 3: It's my sister's name.
Speaker 1: Can't I can't be like in bed with someone and be.
Speaker 4: Like, oh Maria, we call her something else, like em or my sister.
Speaker 1: Text in to seven eight five nine two tell us yours the pettiest reason you've ever ditched someone after just a couple of dates your phone TAP's coming up right after this