Speaker 1: All right, we got a podcast exclusive for you.
Speaker 2: And we've done this a couple of times and we haven't made like an intro for it yet.
Speaker 1: Oh but lucky for us, we have the one and only talented.
Speaker 2: Jose Yay, who's gonna give us a gen Z versus Classic movie intro?
Speaker 1: Hit it? Jose.
Speaker 3: In a world where a generation pits themselves against another generation, I present to you gen Z versus Classic Movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, if you.
Speaker 2: Ever heard one of these, this is the segment where we have Alexis go watch some of our favorite movies from the nineties and you know, give her gen Z.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on them. Yeah, and this week we did the one the only.
Speaker 2: Hollywood Pictures and Mlyn Entertainment present.
Speaker 4: Oh right, Noofolio eight Lens, two Things, and an attitude.
Speaker 1: Like Spider.
Speaker 2: I pulled up the nineteen ninety trailer and I'm like, is that really their tagline for this movie?
Speaker 1: Could have been way darker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what I don't remember. Maybe you don't either, jose Is. I was this came out the summer I turned ten years old.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't watch until I was like probably ten or twelve myself.
Speaker 2: And it started Jeff Daniels and John Goodman, and it was a comedy horror.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so both of those guys are funny.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Alexis watched it just two nights ago, and.
Speaker 2: I want you to set the scene for us, Alexis, where were you who you're watching when.
Speaker 5: The house with who does love horror movies? So she was excited and she remembers this making her scared of spiders. Being little, she's actually seen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember one scene made me really scared, and.
Speaker 2: I have it.
Speaker 5: But I look up and you know it has a ninety three percent and rotten tomatoes.
Speaker 1: So I saw that, so I was going in high expectations. I was like, this is gonna be solid.
Speaker 2: And now you know, Jeff Daniels, because we made you watch John and Dummer role in this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's a doctor in this one. Okay, So you both were excited. I was pretty excited. Okay, I got scary movies. Okay. And how far into the movie were you?
Speaker 2: Like? What?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like five minutes when the first death scene happened, you saw the terrible acting.
Speaker 1: Skills of the person dying.
Speaker 5: And then this is the scene My roommates it's Garter and she watched and she goes, Oh, that's sad.
Speaker 4: Because we were kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for anyone who hasn't seen a rack in aphobia, give us just the plot in one sentence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, one sentence. A nature photographer goes to like Venezuela's taking picts of spiders.
Speaker 1: One crawls back, comes back with them home, and.
Speaker 2: Then God, and it's like, the spiders are going to kill the whole town.
Speaker 5: You're killing the whole town. And then everybody has a fear of them. And then the doctor, who also has fear, is in charge of helping every helping everybody. Yeah, and now not one person in the city doesn't have a fear, just saying, and.
Speaker 1: That's Jeff Daniels.
Speaker 2: Yes. So it's interesting that you say that the actually was so bad because I remember, I mean, like I have vivid memories of watching this movie and.
Speaker 1: Feeling like this is the most real movie. Yeah I've ever seen. I mean, how were the effects for you?
Speaker 5: Well, it starts with what looks like Halloween to cork cobwebs.
Speaker 1: It is what I have in my home to be festive. You know, I have to say that.
Speaker 5: The spiders they were too little for me, Like, I think they needed to be bigger spiders, really like spiders, Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Some bigger spiders.
Speaker 5: I actually think it could have used more spiders.
Speaker 2: I look this up and they actually used real spiders to film this, and they used three hundred spiders.
Speaker 1: Not one was killed with the entire film.
Speaker 2: They were like the Avon Dyle or something spiders they're from like New Zealand, and.
Speaker 1: They looked big and scary, but they can't harm humans at all. WHOA, So they were using real spiders.
Speaker 4: That's actually Islanders.
Speaker 1: I just feel like they could have done biggers.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know that the reason why we picked Arachnophobia is because there is rumors that the new one there's going to be a remake.
Speaker 1: Of this movie. There's no word yet.
Speaker 2: On who's going to be in it or anything, but they're looking to do like kind of the same aesthetics, you know.
Speaker 4: And I was just saying that earlier, where like nowadays the c G I, oh my god, they could get big, real looking spiders easily.
Speaker 1: But they got to keep the comedy part of it right, Yes, they do. That was the whole thing with Jeff Daniel.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I hope that's Kevin Harden.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was the scene that made you laugh?
Speaker 5: Since there was a comedy, and then I figured out, you know, there's always that one character that's like the like communic relief.
Speaker 1: I think it was the Exterminator and Goodman.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I have a clip of it, like the quirky audio they play every time he comes in a scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, I'm bad.
Speaker 1: Music every time he comes on. And that was kind of funny. Yeah. They were saying that they wanted to make it funny too, so that.
Speaker 2: After you got scared, you'd relax again so that they could scare you again.
Speaker 1: That's right. So what was the scariest part of the movie for you? Okay, anything make you jump? No, to be fairy. Let me backtrack.
Speaker 5: I do not have a fear of spiders, okay, so watching this, I was like, maybe it'll give me a fear.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I literally saw every scene.
Speaker 5: I'm like, where are we a book killed at one so I don't know why we're freaking out. We can't kill the rest of the girl in the shower, I'm like, girl, just push it down the drain.
Speaker 4: The shower scene scarred me. I literally as a child, and still sometimes I look up in all the corners of my shower to make sure there's no spiders.
Speaker 1: This is the beginning of the shower scene. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: There are other people in.
Speaker 5: The house, young lady, dad go away, Oh my god, away, use the one down here, Henry.
Speaker 1: And the dads walking around with the newspaper. What's interesting, jose would I went back and watch. I remembered thousands of spiders falling off. Oh no, it just was slowly.
Speaker 5: They are acting like they can't take on these spiders like people.
Speaker 1: You are literally quadrupled their size, and like I don't have a fear of spiders, but I do.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, I'm so scared of like hamsters, Like if they had hamsters in this, like hundreds of hamsters in a barn.
Speaker 1: Now that hamsters are so cute. That's where they get you though. It's like I would cry, they're gonna nibble you to exactly if they trick you into grabbing them.
Speaker 5: Spiders you avoid, you know, hamsters, and you're gonna stup on a hamster come.
Speaker 4: On, and they're like, well like giant hamster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, higher tubes everywhere bark, the scary water bottles they drink out of.
Speaker 4: Someone where did the lattice go?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the hamsters eating it?
Speaker 1: That is my movie.
Speaker 2: Watch people, Okay, you're not scared of spiders now that you've watched no, I thought.
Speaker 1: Maybe it would like induce the fear. I gave it a chance.
Speaker 2: It really did, and then I was like, Okay, but now that you've watched the original and it sounds like you would recommend, wouldn't recommend.
Speaker 1: If you're bored? Okay, agreed? Maybe no, no, no, I take it.
Speaker 5: If you're going to watch the new one, if the new one comes out, you should watch this one to compare it.
Speaker 1: And are you.
Speaker 2: Excited about the remake that they're supposed to spider?
Speaker 5: I think if they make it scarier, like it could be a good horror movie, you know, like if they turned it to a horn.
Speaker 1: Also leave, Like I watched these and I just they boost my confidence.
Speaker 5: Like I really, how cool I am for not being scared of spy? Okay, so watching as I walk out the room, and I'm like, I am so bad ass.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to watch the new one for that to see if it gets me or not. But there it was, Yes, gen Z Versus classic movie. I loved it, Alexis, thanks for watching that film. If anybody has any.
Speaker 2: Film suggestions of what they think Alexa should watch next and give us a gen Z review, you can hit us up on social media. Aptbrook and Jeffrey and Hey, thanks for being here on the podcast. Please subscribe and we'll be back next week with Today Versus Back in the Day.