Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Camra Judge. Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 2: And Tamra Judge.
Speaker 3: And we are so excited.
Speaker 2: This is an exciting day.
Speaker 4: Who's our guest today, Andy Cohen, no other than the King of Bravo.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, are you one of the housewives that call him big Daddy?
Speaker 4: I call him I No, I don't call him daddy, I call him Boss Saddy.
Speaker 2: No, I call him boss.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we've got Andy Cohen on.
Speaker 1: We are going to ask him all of the questions and discuss his book, The Daddy Diaries.
Speaker 3: Andy has taken on the most important job of his.
Speaker 1: Life, being a father to a boy and a girl, and he has a lot to say about it.
Speaker 3: This book is so good.
Speaker 1: Not only does he share stuff about parenthood, but he also talks about all of us, He does, does, and so much more. So hope that you guys enjoy this episode. Okay, so now we're officially bringing on Andy Cohen, or, as Howard Stern says, Andy Cohene.
Speaker 5: Yes he does right, And Hi ladies, this is surreal. Okay, thank you for reading my book. I am so impressed, especially with you.
Speaker 6: Miss jeff Well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she listened to it. I actually read.
Speaker 6: It, and they both count. Both count.
Speaker 4: I don't normally read books because I have a d D so bad it's really hard. But I read this book in twelve hours. It was a very easy, good yes, fun.
Speaker 6: Did you like it?
Speaker 2: I really did?
Speaker 6: You did?
Speaker 3: And I did?
Speaker 6: I literally, I mean there.
Speaker 5: Was a if you two didn't. I mean there's a lot in there for the two of you. Yes, yes, And.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of things that I related to, even not as an ex housewife, but the parenting stuff and the guilt and things that come with working and the judgment with being in the public eye.
Speaker 3: All that's so good and we will get into that.
Speaker 4: Ok But it's very it's very interesting to hear your perspective of being a dad, a single gay man raising two kids. I think that there's I mean, just open my eyes to.
Speaker 6: So much great.
Speaker 3: Thank you, But we are going to start off.
Speaker 2: With something that you screw with us all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, plead the fifth Wow, all right with a softball?
Speaker 1: Okay, your worst watch what happens live guest ever, Well.
Speaker 5: You know, Amber Rose was not up for my Shenanigans. That was years ago, and Deborah Winger didn't really care for me too much either.
Speaker 2: See I told you he wouldn't say a housewife.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's not. Housewives are not bad guests. I will say.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they'll be a I will say the shots of Sunset. People used to come on and they would be so amped up from being in New York that they would just torch the plate like they would torch all their cast members.
Speaker 6: And it would be kind of unsustainable.
Speaker 5: Or they'll be or there could be a housewiver or of a liberty who comes on and maybe it's their first appearance and they're nervous, but they never you know, I always give them grace because I mean, as I've said many times, it's hard to we're plucking normal people into the public eye and now suddenly they're on a talk show.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's you know, there's no guidebook for it.
Speaker 3: But in your.
Speaker 1: Book, to just astray for a second, you said there was one person who will never be invited back to the club back again, which is who.
Speaker 5: I can't say. I know, I can't say, it's not a house definitely not. No, it's not an ex housewife either. No, No, it's no one in the bravosphere.
Speaker 4: I vaguely remember you saying years ago that Lizzie was one of the most boring housewife guests You've had.
Speaker 6: Impossibility that could be a possibility. I like her very much.
Speaker 7: She's very nice.
Speaker 6: She was a one or two season O Sea housewife.
Speaker 4: One I think, okay, better co host for Kelly Rippa, Ryan Seacrest or Mark Cusuelis and I think.
Speaker 6: They're just which.
Speaker 5: As a matter of fact, I was with Kelly and Mark the other day and we talked about you.
Speaker 6: Yes, we did, and.
Speaker 4: I'm a week I still say, Eddie, you look just like I said.
Speaker 5: You know that the OC version of the two of you are? It was it was on an interview the three of us were on together. I said, you know, Tamara and Eddie are the OC version and she said, do you know I've never met Tamra in person?
Speaker 6: And I said, you're kidding.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we talked about it, so I need to set that up with her. Yes, anyway, I think Mark and I think they're just beginning to really figure out how great this is.
Speaker 6: Going to be because a husband and wife never co host a show, So I think it's going to be great.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have to marry one, okay, Anderson Cooper or John Mayer.
Speaker 5: John, Yes, yeah, dred percent.
Speaker 3: But then who are you going to have the great threesomes with?
Speaker 6: I know that was kind of taken out.
Speaker 4: My god, you can only host one and Housewife Reunion or CNN New Year's Eve?
Speaker 6: Oh wow? Oh really maybe New Years it's really fun.
Speaker 3: Sober drunk?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I had fun sober? Actually, did you do anything? I mean maybe a nip once or twice after midnight? No? No, no, imber go on TV? High never? Really? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, it would be bad. But you've I mean.
Speaker 5: We've all, we've all, we've all had alcohol on television before together.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, one has to go, Melissa or Teresa.
Speaker 6: Well we're figuring that out right now. But I plead the fifth.
Speaker 5: But by the way, plead the fifth is three questions. So I don't know why we're still in this game.
Speaker 3: What happens live? The twats are very different.
Speaker 2: Worst casting decision on the How Wife's ever.
Speaker 6: That's interesting.
Speaker 5: I would preface it by saying that there are no Bad Housewife casting decisions because you learn something from each one. And I will say that Quinn on Orange County season maybe two, was that before your time? Okay, so that was season three. Her casting had so much promise and it just didn't. It was an example of someone who on casting seemed.
Speaker 6: Like it was going to be everything.
Speaker 5: So I think the lesson there, and we always try to learn from things that don't work. The lesson was that you know, maybe you know you we have to figure out ways so that the casting isn't the only way that we have to judge someone. So now maybe we'll get them together with the housewife and have them shoot what we call scene work, and Tamera will very kindly say, okay, I'll go to lunch with the new person. We'll see how it goes work with her. And also then we can also say to you, how did that feel to you, Tamera? Did you like hanging out with that person or whatever?
Speaker 7: So yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I always say, like, if you get let go after the first year is not a horrible thing. It's probably because you're just too normal.
Speaker 6: It could be, or you know, it just didn't work for one reason or another.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you could pick one housewife to be your surrogate.
Speaker 6: Who would it be, well, a surrogate is the carrier the carrier?
Speaker 3: Yes, Like who would you trust to well?
Speaker 6: I would trust.
Speaker 5: The thing is I get this a lot about the housewives and which housewife would you trust a babysit? The truth is I would trust every one of them. I think that you all are incredible moms. And also for me, one of the joys of my relationship with the housewives has been becoming a dad because it's opened up a whole new dialogue about parenting that I never had. And it's just another way that I think we're all connected. So I would trust anyone to carry my child. It's an hr issue.
Speaker 4: I can't think of a bigger since we're talking about this. Have you ever hooked up with a watch What Happens Live guest at Night?
Speaker 2: And if so, who.
Speaker 5: I haven't I've hooked up with? Now we've been on fourteen years.
Speaker 6: I've looked up with a bartender or two.
Speaker 2: But not somebody you didn't fish up the company.
Speaker 5: Pond No, no, no, no no. And I've never hooked up with a Bravoeleberty hold on yeh.
Speaker 3: So is tam or not considered a Bravo liberty.
Speaker 6: Have we hooked up?
Speaker 2: We hook up?
Speaker 7: Never?
Speaker 3: What about on New Year's.
Speaker 6: Eve we made out? I mean sorry, well, I mean is that hooking? I call hooking up boning dicks out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hooking up is making Did you use time a little bit?
Speaker 6: By the way? You know? What's so funny? And I know we're going to get to it, But I did? What did I say? So?
Speaker 5: I sent Tamra a copy of the book, and I said, I think there's.
Speaker 6: I did well because she's in it the most.
Speaker 5: And I was like, there's going to be things in here that you're going to have comments on. So I wanted to get and with me today.
Speaker 6: So I said, what was the line that I said in the book?
Speaker 5: I said, some over the years served in sexual chemistry with some housewives.
Speaker 6: And I would say, and is one of them? Yes? And so I've been thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Because who's the other ones?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean that's just sensitive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not going to start naming house But then I was thinking about, well, why have I Well, no, I.
Speaker 6: Did name you, but then not only have I seen your tits?
Speaker 5: And now you're reminding me that we've made out I've never made out with any other housewives.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's kind of a stair but we know a long time.
Speaker 1: But the worst part is that when it went right off of I've never made out with a bra of celebrity, right.
Speaker 5: No, I said I've never hooked up. I just our definition of hooking.
Speaker 2: I don't think hook up is making.
Speaker 3: It's like how Edwin calls Edwin calls blow jobs sex. He considered that.
Speaker 5: No, I think if you have an orgasm, it's sex.
Speaker 3: To mesolute.
Speaker 5: Doing a good enough job even if you have an orgasm.
Speaker 3: I know, but you could have an orgasm.
Speaker 2: But does he always have an orgasm when you blow him?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, if I I got to do a better job than well, I learned a trick.
Speaker 3: I'll teach it to you later.
Speaker 2: No, you're the model.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, So final plead, the fifth is a celebrity question. Well, so we like to keep you guessing celebrity that you've gone on a date with or.
Speaker 3: Slept with.
Speaker 6: Lance pass you slept Do.
Speaker 4: You know that we know that you know that Teddy slept with Matt Damon.
Speaker 1: I did well, thanks to you, Tea, which leads me to a point which gets us into the Daddy Diaries. And you said in your book that you left some things out because you had horror about been reading it.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh so much.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's kind of like me when I was all over every news outlet because Tamra outed I was a particular relationship.
Speaker 3: Well, may or may not have happened.
Speaker 2: I didn't lie.
Speaker 1: But how do you think you'll go about having conversations with your kids as they get older.
Speaker 5: About things that I've put out there. That's a really good question. I mean, I don't know, ye too early, I don't know, But I think that the answer will come based on what my relationship with them is once they think.
Speaker 2: They're very young right now and it's not going to affect them.
Speaker 4: But Jennifer Lopez just came out in an article recently yesterday and said that she regrets putting her children in the public eye because now they're not known for them, they're known as Jalo's kids.
Speaker 5: Well that's why also, I feel like that's why I still post pictures of Lucy.
Speaker 6: I really don't post pictures of better.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: I went the back of his head and there's a picture of him in the book from the day I got my Hollywood Star and that to me was kind of the in my mind the last time that I kind of want to post him just because of what you just said.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like, you know, I want to post him every day, right, you know you have like a private right. I have one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, family and friends.
Speaker 1: You say in your book that if I had a husband, do you think it's hard.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't even imagine. I know how hard it is for me.
Speaker 1: Yea with even when my husband's traveling and he's doing whatever, just organizing three nannies.
Speaker 3: I do not have three nanni.
Speaker 6: If you do, I have no shame.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I do notice that that that is something that people want to throw in your face so often. And I could hear a tone in your book when you were like, you almost have to justify that you have capable people taking care of your kids while you're doing more.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean I feel like I feel like it's a given that I have help.
Speaker 6: I think what.
Speaker 5: People don't realize. What I hope that people get from the book also is how hands on I am.
Speaker 6: I definitely okay, good I am. I don't have a live in nanny, which is important. I was wondering, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I had a live in baby nurse for both Ben and Lucy who was the same baby nurse, and she worked for Anderson.
Speaker 6: To Teresa, she's Teresa with an h and Theresa the other I don't know that audio.
Speaker 5: But but I want to be the only one there at night as much as by the way, I hate it because Lucy doesn't sleep like Ben does. But I'm the one that's there, and I want them to know that this is our family and I'm there and so come to me, you know. Anyway, So I don't but and I don't feel the need to apologize for it, but I do want people to know how involved I am, and I do every so often, you know. I mean, look, social media is full of trolls and whatever, and I get you know, and I'll hear from people being like, what do you know you have nanny's whatever, But you know, look, I my mornings are the time where I have three hours in the morning with Ben every morning and now Lucy, where I'm getting him ready for school and getting him and those morning hours are kind of they can be there.
Speaker 3: They can be touching, Yes, especially with little ones.
Speaker 1: But even if you have help, which I do, yes, when you are managing a busy schedule, in multiple busy schedules, and all their classes and their sports and all the things, and you have.
Speaker 6: A job, and you have a job at a lot five jobs.
Speaker 1: But there was a part where you said, you know, you guys were all at the park. She just stole my life. You guys were all at the park, and the other parents had the bathing suits and blah blah blah. And you're like, if I had a husband, the two of us could have tagged him, just so you know I have a husband. My husband never would have thought of it, right, not for a second. It was a very eye big moment for me.
Speaker 5: I you know what the thing has been for me in the last year is when Lucy came.
Speaker 6: I think it really changed me as a parent.
Speaker 5: I felt way more in control when I had just one, and then when I had two, I not only felt not I don't want to say I felt out of control, but I just felt your experience got a little lonelier for me. I started to feel more vulnerable. And that day in the park, it was like the sprinklers went off. I didn't know to have a change of clothes. I looked around. I'm the only single parent there, I'm the only gay dad. I just felt like I was on an island. And I went back to my house and I cried, and I never and I cried more than once about somehow it opened up.
Speaker 6: It was vulnerability. It was just a trigger.
Speaker 4: But it was a touching moment in the book that you said that I feel less than almost because I'm a single dad and I don't have the proper, you know, clothing forbidd It's hot out and he wants to run through the spring feet or whatever it was, and all the other mothers were prepared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you never were prepared again at the next time, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yes, Yeah, never make the same mistakes.
Speaker 2: Everybody being a parent have no rule book or book.
Speaker 4: But it's one of those moments that you put in the book that I thought, oh my god, so many people are going to relate to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And at what point would you introduce somebody to your kids?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 5: I've there's a date that I went on in the book that was this very random this guy who I could I was like, wait a minute, this guy's a contender.
Speaker 6: And then he said, oh I live I live in the UK.
Speaker 5: And he was leaving the next day and I was coming back into town and the only time we could meet was like in the afternoon, and I said, well, look, I'm alone with my kids. I said, look, I'm going to be in the park if you want to come meet me. And so that was a first date and Ben was running around playing. I was like, no, idea, this is different. No, he had no idea.
Speaker 2: Did you see him again?
Speaker 6: Yes? I did. I saw him several times.
Speaker 1: Do you still see the guy that asked for you to post a selfie?
Speaker 3: That was a red flag for me.
Speaker 6: I know me too. I he's someone that I've known for a while.
Speaker 3: Is he somebody in the public eye?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, No, he was doing it because he was obsessed with your fame? Or do you think he was doing it because he wanted to elevate himself.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I think you know.
Speaker 5: And I said to him, why is this important to you? Why does this And he said, I always and I've known this person for a while and he said, I've always got a kick out of being on your Instagram like he was honest about it.
Speaker 3: But I think or do you think he was trying to like claim his territory.
Speaker 6: No, he was not, he wasn't.
Speaker 2: I felt like he was just being honest.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, you talk about in the book that you were petrified with monkey pox.
Speaker 5: I was, Yeah, like most gay men, certainly in big cities, but yeah, I was on lockdown last summer.
Speaker 6: You got it.
Speaker 3: How long did you see?
Speaker 6: I got the vaccines?
Speaker 2: And then how long after that?
Speaker 4: I mean you talked about you were more afraid of giving it to your children.
Speaker 5: Well, that was the thing I felt like, Yeah, if I was a single, yes, I was not only afraid, I was put I felt like I would have been in I had deep shame relating to the idea that, oh my god, if I was so irresponsible as to get this because it's something in my control, and then I gave it to my children.
Speaker 6: The shame the idea of that was very heavy to me.
Speaker 2: And your mom wouldn't like it either, Well, my mom didn't.
Speaker 6: My mom was like, what is with you that you're like? Is it so hard for you?
Speaker 3: I'm upset for a summer?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Right, what did you say to her?
Speaker 2: You're like, well, I'm sexually.
Speaker 6: Frustrated, right, Yes, I was very sexually frustrated.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a long time actually when all you've got is an oculus.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Can we please talk about the virtual porn?
Speaker 6: Yes? Have you ever seen virtual real? No?
Speaker 3: But on the private settings on my son's Yes.
Speaker 4: But think twice about Cias because she's got the headphone.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, smart but told on the the dinger, for lack of a better word, comes in three D form, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you've got the thing on, you have this head thing on and then all of a sudden there's kind of porn happening.
Speaker 6: In you and you're a spectator or can you porn where? Well you can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you think you're a part of it?
Speaker 5: Kind of think you are because if you look down and it's all from different points of view. So there are porn for women and there's a man who comes in, and then you look down and you see the whole genitalia below you. So my friend Jackie was over and I put on a porn and she looked down. She was like, oh my god, I have a dick, Like she couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking about Jackie when in the book when you said Jackie, I thought it was Jackie from Jersey.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I wonder how they got that close.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't even know that was possibility. Now I'm going to have to.
Speaker 2: Try for sure.
Speaker 1: When Anderson speaking about your mom and sex, Anderson brought up that you were a top, which I am pretty obvious, but yes, really okay, I mean yeah, but never a bottom. Now people want to know have you ever bottomed at all?
Speaker 6: People want to know that, Yes, I have, I'm a yes.
Speaker 2: I mean haven't we all?
Speaker 3: Haven't we all? What bottom? I mean, yeah, I've bottomed. I mean I didn't go the first time, not because.
Speaker 6: You wanted to discussion.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, let's change this conversation.
Speaker 3: We might as well.
Speaker 6: But sexual before, Oh this is the best. I mean, this is the best. I was there for this, Tamra was there for it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So for those of you guys who haven't read the book yet, you have to read it to get all the details. Yes, essentially, he had highly recommended that, said he wanted to do that, said she. She she she wanted to do a threesome with Andy and her husband who's never been with a guy before, and then she ends up showing up to watch what happens.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't just show up, she had.
Speaker 6: A ticket and she had said she called in the radio and said.
Speaker 2: Did you know she was showing up?
Speaker 5: That yes, I did, and she was saying and I said, listen, just so you know.
Speaker 6: This is not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I go, not only am I on lockdown for monkey Pocks?
Speaker 6: But yes, I was like, but my parents are the bartenders.
Speaker 5: There was so much happening that and I already had so much trauma relating to Tamra and Vicki coming on together, which I thought was funny in the book because I really wrote every bit of the lead up and it's it's a funny.
Speaker 8: Story and including Vicky text rage texting me when I'm high at a Grateful Dead concert and right, but uh so they came and it was so funny and I love this.
Speaker 6: I loved it. The Tamra was there and I love.
Speaker 5: Being able to kind of share this moment with her because I said to her, I go, I have to tell you what's happening. Yes, I go, there's this couple here, And Tamor was like her mind was so blown and then she saw them and Tamra then texted me and said they're still outside waiting for you, and I was like what And the whole point of it is I'm gay, Like that is the whole point and almost, yes, I almost, Well, I did actually mess around with this couple.
Speaker 6: It's in my last book, Superficial.
Speaker 5: My last diary book is the story of me and this other couple.
Speaker 6: So it is in the realm of possibility.
Speaker 2: But it just but it has to feel right.
Speaker 6: It has to feel right.
Speaker 4: And somebody is that thirsty that they want to come to you and they want to express you.
Speaker 6: I appreciated, appreciate, appreciated.
Speaker 2: No, No, Andy, no, because if she's telling me out in the parking lot out front.
Speaker 3: That's where it takes it.
Speaker 6: And the husband didn't take a very conservative you know, he just felt.
Speaker 2: Like she controlled him.
Speaker 1: Did you just see the Netflix movie, the one where the two people from the church, the husband and wife, and they were they were keeping a young.
Speaker 6: Man, Oh, the Jerry Fall. Well, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so good, okay, next question, moving to a little bit more housewives the way from Yes, why did you choose Renna and Garcel to be at your Hollywood Walk of Fame or did you?
Speaker 6: Well? No, I did, and it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: We We just figured I had a conversation with Bravo and I knew John Mayer was doing it. I wanted there to be housewives there. I think OC might have been in. Well, Beverly Hills was in production too. We basically no, well no, we basically were like, we want to do Beverly Hills because there, look, we talked about like flying someone in or I talked about you know that, you know, would it be you and VICKI I've known you the longest stuff pretty much anybody. Yeah, there were a lot of It meant something to me and I was like, so then we I think Kyle was shooting Halloween too, and so then we just thought Rinna and Garcel will be right, and that's how we chose it.
Speaker 3: And you also only told Kyle and one other housewife.
Speaker 6: Candy, Candy that I was having that I was having another.
Speaker 3: An How would you take that if a housewife didn't want to.
Speaker 5: Share open Well, a housewife is on a reality show about their lives, yep, right, and I'm not And also I was also really trying to keep it a secret. I didn't I was keeping in a secret for the privacy of my surrogate who lived in New York, and I just didn't want a friend of mine had a surrogate and it was known that there was a surrogate, and the paparazzi started coming at the surg and whatever.
Speaker 6: So I was just how did my friend no you.
Speaker 2: You said that the surrogate in your book.
Speaker 3: It ended up being.
Speaker 6: Leaked that, Oh, I don't know somehow US. Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you think it was the same leak that said that you were fired from CNN?
Speaker 6: That was just Radar online making shit up.
Speaker 3: But wasn't making sure up when they said I was fired, because it happened the.
Speaker 6: Next well, but the US Weekly thing they found out that I was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I just didn't want I was really nervous it would be something that I would tell everyone. I told everyone the first time, like six weeks before, because I was just so excited.
Speaker 6: And I wanted to and I'm so glad I did this one.
Speaker 5: I wanted to keep undercover and I don't know how it came up with Kyle and Candy, but.
Speaker 3: It did, and did you use the same egg donor.
Speaker 6: They are biological siblings.
Speaker 3: That's so awesome. And I do think that Lucy's gonna have blue eyes.
Speaker 6: She is the surrogate. The carrier is different because.
Speaker 2: It's yes, exactly difference. You said in your book. That is the Lucy is one of.
Speaker 6: The first baby be a surrogate in New York. I worked really hard to get I was illegal in New York.
Speaker 4: Wid you told me that at your be showers, and I was very shocked to hear that in New York, a man.
Speaker 6: You couldn't do that. Stunning as anyone couldn't do it. It was illegal, right, And.
Speaker 1: Then something that I actually was a little bit confused about when I was listening to the book and also intrigued.
Speaker 6: I love this, by the way. I love it that you both read this book.
Speaker 2: And you are I love that you know this is the most nerve wracket interview.
Speaker 3: We both were like, all right, we got we got a team.
Speaker 2: Really, I really appreciate that for me would have been Candy. Okay, Candy was really hard interview because she she's so media worldwide.
Speaker 3: She's a full sweat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was hard. She was hard.
Speaker 1: But throughout the book you'll be like, oh, I was taking notes tonight on the O C or this right, How involved are you at this point? Because sometimes you'll hear you say impressed, or maybe it's clicked by like oh, I don't have anything to do with that, or I didn't know this person was getting fired or that.
Speaker 6: But then with the Housewives, I do.
Speaker 3: But Housewives it's everything, yes, not the other show.
Speaker 6: The other shows I am not.
Speaker 5: I was an EP on vander Pump Rules for the first maybe eight seasons.
Speaker 6: I left when I was in charge of programming and development at Bravo.
Speaker 5: I was an EP of every show on Bravo. When I when Watch What Happens, I became five days a week. I stayed and was had still head of development at Bravo, and we developed Below Deck was one of the last shows that was Our team did maybe Southern Charm, and then I left. And when I left my day job at Bravo, I retained EP on all the Housewives. So I give notes on every episode of every Housewives show, and they can my notes have gotten way less. I look at a later cut now of episodes, and the later the cut, the.
Speaker 6: More finished it is, and so it will.
Speaker 5: You know, a lot of times my notes are about I don't understand that person's motive.
Speaker 6: Why did she You know, I'll say, why did Tamera say that? If that's her friend?
Speaker 2: Why one more interview we need?
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly? Or the music is it right? Or this next on is boring? Or change the teas, or there's a thousand things.
Speaker 1: That I call because something I related to in that in your book is when you kept saying you would have moments, even with your kids or life, where you'd get frustrated and you're like, I have this rage or this anger or whatever, and then I pull it together and then I'm the nicest human being ever, and the person at the sandwich shop would be like the hostess exactly all But what is your patient's level when it comes to watching housewives?
Speaker 5: Because I know now that we are watching Housewives, my patience level is great, But because I actually still love the show and it makes me so happy.
Speaker 6: Like with o C, I've been and it's part of the reason why I was. I was. You know, everyone for so many months was like, where's the trailer, Where's the trailer? The season must suck. They're doing something here.
Speaker 5: I am, you know, and we're so ahead of the edit schedule because I think the air date wound up getting moved.
Speaker 6: I think it originally was going to be earlier and then it was later. So here I am deep into the season and loving it for so many reasons.
Speaker 3: You love it?
Speaker 6: Yes, Oh, I love it. It's great. It feels like a return to Fred.
Speaker 3: You're able to answer what your favorite franchise is.
Speaker 6: No, because they're all they.
Speaker 3: It's true that you have they flow different, they do.
Speaker 5: Listen sometimes if a season of the Housewives is having an off season, I may it will be a bummer for me because I just want them all to be as successful as they possibly can, and I want every housewive to be as success.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about New York a little bit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know a lot of shows you know have good seasons have been Yes, But what was your final decision decision? Because you say you're on a plane, you're making an email or something like that, saying.
Speaker 2: I have a great idea. Yes, it's a great idea. We're going to do a legacy.
Speaker 6: We're going to write what why it was New York?
Speaker 2: It was that bad?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: No, I think New York was in flux. There was a question of of the current cast. Look, I don't want to relitigate why that season didn't work. It was shot during COVID, there were only five housewives, like it's to and by the way, right, okay, Well, I would also argue that it was not as bad as people you know, like to say that that season of Ronnie.
Speaker 6: But I think that it was.
Speaker 5: Really at a crossroads in terms of Also there was clearly a mandate to.
Speaker 6: Diversify and represent a more realistic or more current.
Speaker 5: Version of what New York is. And we have tried for so many years to to bring it, yes, but also to bring some color into New York. And you can ask the you know, we were always saying to lu Anne, like, you know, who are your friends of color? And we were putting people on tape and there were there were a few very high profile people. One with someone that Bethany knew and someone that I knew socially who years ago we almost got and then her husband kaibashed its no no, but but anyway, we were just at a major crossroads with Ronie and it felt like bringing new people in to this.
Speaker 6: The women have so much.
Speaker 3: History and it just felt sexy trailer I have to do.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so getting back to that, it just felt like it felt dishonest to even try anymore than to do anything but tell the story of these five women who just were who they were.
Speaker 6: And so that's why I thought, well, let's do too.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there's gonna be legacy for other shows that this works out?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I had wanted. I had wanted to do OC legacy on Peacock a couple years ago.
Speaker 5: I talked about it with Sherry Levine and she was very worried that it would take away from Orange County as it is right now.
Speaker 6: And I think if you look, and I think.
Speaker 5: Now, if you look at the fact that you and Heather are back on Orange County, I think that's and that Vicky's around, I think that's a really good argument for not doing OC legacy, you know, And I think so.
Speaker 6: I like the idea in a sense, but also, you don't want to take.
Speaker 5: Away from what I would call the mothership, which is the Real Housewives of Orange County, and I love that show to its core.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't want anything to take away from that lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I think it's I think with Rony it's easier if you're saying, Okay, we're gonna do a totally nor version.
Speaker 6: It's a let's let's swim. Does what worry me?
Speaker 4: Having a brand new cast and because like it was a little rough for a little bit with Bai, Yeah, I mean, by the way, Dubai season two is so good.
Speaker 6: I could get goosebumps thinking about how good it is. So I think, does it worry me? Of course? Of course it does.
Speaker 5: It's so hard you're introducing six new women, and you know, you, when you're watching it, you're like, but wait a.
Speaker 6: Minute, were's lou Anne.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: So it does. But actually they so stand on their own and they're so legit.
Speaker 5: What I want is I just hope that people will not discount it based on one episode.
Speaker 6: You you've gotta go on the ya season two and then season two when it.
Speaker 5: Really gels and they know because you know, you, you know, people kind of become housewives in a weird way.
Speaker 6: Well now, I mean I would.
Speaker 5: I am. Caroline Stanbury and chanel Ian were born housewives.
Speaker 1: I mean they just do you know all the fights we created in Bravocon between the Dubai Housewives speak for yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh you were that, you were a part of it too.
Speaker 1: I mean it was a lot, so I can only imagine it's going to be an explosive season.
Speaker 6: It's really good.
Speaker 3: The conversations I had with Chanel and Carolyn Brooks.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, I'm very excited about that. But also I'm really excited about Ronnie. I think it's I think it's great, and I think the other children. I'm excited.
Speaker 6: You're gonna die when you see Luanna and Sonya. Welcome to Crappy Lake. Is so funny. It airs in July. It is and by the way, I have nothing to do with it. It is so funny.
Speaker 5: I laughed out loud. So and I'm not a big laugh out loud guy. I was howling at this show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you see that being in the future for other like let's take I don't, no, I don't know, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not like Vicky.
Speaker 4: I don't have jealousy of a question about So this has nothing to do with your book question. Yes, so Real House of New York.
Speaker 2: They already have commercials on Bravo and they are two months from area.
Speaker 6: You're asking why there aren't.
Speaker 5: I think because this is a brand new show completely, we have to introduce six new women. We have to get people's head around the idea that this is. You know, I know, but you've you know, you're you promote yourself, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So that's why I knew that was gonna be your answer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well then you know, but I just wanted to know, And then I wanted.
Speaker 1: To know who would you say, of all time, your favorite house husband and your least favorite house husband talk about the house husband's much in the.
Speaker 5: Book, No, I don't my I mean, I think Joe Gorga has always been very funny on the show.
Speaker 6: He just cracks me up.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: And I think that the husband of Amber, who was on the one bad season of Jersey. It was that transition season with the twins and Amber her.
Speaker 3: Husband had the issues on the plane. Not a good Oh yeah, he's worse some Brooks.
Speaker 6: I mean, Brooks was not really a husband.
Speaker 3: By the way. He's remarried. We just learned good.
Speaker 4: So talking about Miami, we were talking about them minute ago. What made you guys decide to put him back on Bravo?
Speaker 6: I don't know, I don't think it matters, and people were like, yay, we won, it's back on Bravo. I'm like, who cares where it is? No, I mean they didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I like streaming better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, I do too.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was like, why are we Yeah exactly, so you know, you'll obviously still be able to watch it on Peacock.
Speaker 6: But I I was, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you think Housewives will eventually go to Peacock?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't think it matters.
Speaker 2: So what is it now?
Speaker 6: So they air on and then I think the next day, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when we talk you talked a lot about not a lot, but you talked about marysol a little bit about how much you like her and when you came to Miami she's the person that you were.
Speaker 3: But then I was wondering. I was like, if he likes her so much?
Speaker 6: Because we wanted to.
Speaker 5: We felt strongly that if we brought it back, we wanted you. You want people to connect with the show that they loved, the nostalgia of the show that they loved, But you're trying to build a show that will last for the future, and so you need as much new blood as possible, and we that.
Speaker 6: Was the call we made.
Speaker 5: And I think the more people on any show the better in a sense. And also it just seemed like, yeah, I just think and you know, Marisol has said that she felt so much lighter as a friend, she felt less responsibility.
Speaker 6: She could come in and out.
Speaker 2: She is, but we're not to admit I thought about coming back as a friend.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, it's like it it's there is a pressure off of you when you come out as a friend. And I thought it's one of the reasons why I think Vicki works so well this season. She can drop in, she can be herself, she can leave.
Speaker 4: It's not Do you think maybe we can have her back next year as a friends?
Speaker 6: I think yes.
Speaker 2: I think she's really good as a friend.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 6: I wonder what she yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Next question, which is.
Speaker 1: There's a couple Housewives that we've heard say I'll never film with this person again. And we just saw the article I think it was on People magazine.
Speaker 5: Says that you know how that works because it's never really worked on Housewives. Rules is not the Housewives, and I'm not an EP of that show, so I have nothing really, you know, it's I'm sure they're all talking about that right now.
Speaker 6: But I think with the Housewives, it doesn't work. It never worked. You know, we had we had a situation with I remember on early there were early Rony situations where it was like I won't be with this person, and it's like, well you don't and.
Speaker 1: You're not on the show group yeah, because we had we had Marisol and Alexia Alexia Alexia on and they said they refused to film with Adriana, and I was like.
Speaker 3: I think that's bullshit, right, I think, like I like, show up and go or don't be on the show.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, you can maybe go into it that season thinking you're not going to, but eventually you have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I mean it's inevitable that you have to, right, you have to.
Speaker 1: All Right, y'all, this is so good. We've decided we're going to make it a two parter and we come back. We're going to discuss camera