Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey hey, I'm testing one two three. I'm recording testing one two three. This is my level. Hi everybody, how are you? I'm excited for the show. How are we all feeling about the live show? We've only done this from our own homes. I've done this whole podcast, the entire thing. We started the day Lockdown, if you guys recall the Day Lockdown started in twenty nineteen. We started this podcast, and I've done almost every episode from this office, and now we're going to switch to doing it in front of a whole lot of people. I'm a little nervous on how you guys are feeling.
Speaker 2: A little anxiety tell me for sure?
Speaker 1: For sure, I'm stoked.
Speaker 2: I'm stove also excited. Yeah, I'm just glad. We rented out a room, a live room, and all we're gonna do is put a computer screen up on stage for you guys right now, exactly so you can watch us talk.
Speaker 1: I don't think people will be very happy with that, Donald.
Speaker 2: You don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think you know, I was trying to fall a sleep last night, and I was so I was kind of nervous and anxious, and I was like, you're not anxious, you're excited. You know, that's a good distinction. You know, sometimes you feel anxiety and you can zoom out on yourself and go, wait, I'm not really, it's not anxiety. It's excitement. Like I can't wait to go entertain everyone and be funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the anxiety is what are we going to talk about? But we've been talking about it for like the past.
Speaker 1: Two Well, also, like I feel like we have so much stuff to do in the show. The show is jam packed with with ideas. I had another idea last night that could be really funny listening. Well, I can say this because this will air after the live show. But my friend Preston is in town and he's singing Javert. He's playing Javert in the touring company of Lame's rob Oh Wow, and he's they're going to be in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Fuck dude, come on, let's go just listen.
Speaker 1: Listen already listen. He said he's gonna take a personal day and try and come to the show. So then I had this whole plan. So we don't have time for this, but my plan was that I would we could come up with some system where we act like we put a bunch of random names from people in the audience into one hat, and we put a bunch of skill sets into another hat, and we're gonna randomly pick it. And so Preston is a plant, right, So first we go, okay, mister Preston Boyd and he Prestor could act the ship be like, yeah, that's me, that's me. I'm not and then we randomly act like we're randomly picking a skill set out and we go you're gonna sing a song from Lame is Rob And he's like, what, I can't sing? What you get up here on stage, Preston. And then he comes up on stage and he starts tentatively, we have the piano player for our song, and then the.
Speaker 2: Stage do the church freaking heal this.
Speaker 1: It's like a church healer.
Speaker 2: But let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, do it.
Speaker 2: I think we But the best part, the best part would be the.
Speaker 1: Best donald the best probably if he started off like kind of tentative and he's nervous and the audience is like, come on, you got this, and then he goes into full fucking juff Air mode. That would be great to do it. That would be a show. Stop to do it? There?
Speaker 2: I think we do it and see what happens.
Speaker 1: All right, Donald, Are you worried about being too high? Is that something that's crossed your mind at all?
Speaker 2: No, I'm actually using this as a way.
Speaker 1: To I can't think of the thought.
Speaker 2: No I can. I'm just trying to think of a nicer way of saying it to you, fucking dick lick.
Speaker 1: Let me know when you finished thinking of the thought.
Speaker 2: How about this. I'm trying to think of a way to u say it without sounding like I'm trying to. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to get off the weed. But that's pretty much what I'm gonna, don't believe you the.
Speaker 3: Live show in two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be sweating like a But.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have a question. Since you do the podcast stoned every time, don't you think you should match your vibe by being high as a cut.
Speaker 2: Don't you think you should eat these balls?
Speaker 3: Zach?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well let me hit that button. Where is it? Eat these balls?
Speaker 2: Eat these balls? Zach? How about this? How about this? How about you let me do me?
Speaker 1: You do you? I'm just a little concerned if I'm honest with you that we're gonna get out there in front of two thousand people and you're gonna be like, yo, I got too high, and then you're gonna panic.
Speaker 2: Has that ever happened?
Speaker 1: No, you don't seem to. You don't seem to have a peak of ganja where you go. You know what, that's too much.
Speaker 2: There's a peak hanging out with Snoop Dogg. There's a peak that's a wrap.
Speaker 1: What do you think you're gonna feel when we walk out to p I M P and then you see two thousand people on three levels? What are you gonna feel?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna feel like a motherfucking p I M P.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it. Do it.
Speaker 2: That's straight up. Look like, just think about it, man, Like, all right, I once did a concert in Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 1: I know you've told us, you know that feeling.
Speaker 2: I don't know, two thousand people is a lot. I played basketball in front of eighteen thousand people before, and then when they told me afterwards eighteen thousand people were there, That's when I was like, holy shit, wow. But we know going into this, we fucking we packed the house. It's sold out for those of you trying to get in right now, you're going to have to get a scout ticket because we packed the house. We did it.
Speaker 1: And for those of you planning on bum rushing, Donald, don't worry, we have security.
Speaker 2: Not only that, we got security.
Speaker 1: Daniel, have you started working on your remix tracks of the Scrubs musical?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, how those sounded?
Speaker 4: Well, it's you know, it's less of a remix and more of a live performance. It's more about how everything prepared to do something fun with the song.
Speaker 1: You know what else I thought you could do that the audience might like is if you work to your listen. All I do I can't. I have insomnia, So all I do is think of ideas for the live show. But I thought you could work in some of the key sound bites from the mixer into one of your mix so you could be like what you're trying to get into one day, shoon what you're trying to do?
Speaker 2: I like that one.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I'll you know what, I'll see what I can get on my on the maybe get a third deck for just some samples and then just drop some stuff in there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm bringing this soundboard, so if you want to use it during your set, you can. I'll rent it to you. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Are we recording this now now that we're sold out? Are we recording this at all?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're recording it to eventual everything.
Speaker 2: Are we recording it to put up on the in the podcast feed? Yes? Our podcast? Yeah? Awesome, cool, eventually eventually cool. That's really good to know. Everybody's going to get a chance to experience everybody here.
Speaker 1: And what's great is that we're going to mic the audience. Uh so they'll hear the audience laughing and singing and the whole thing.
Speaker 2: What if they're like, what if they're like, you know, wow, came all this way. I's say, not that impressed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's happened to us before.
Speaker 1: That's why you got to bring.
Speaker 2: It, right, That's right, you got to bring it. Bro.
Speaker 1: Oh so, Mark, my assistant, had a funny idea you guys for the live show. I'm not spoiling this because this won't air until after we do the live show, right, well, yes, so we can act like, wow, guys, the live show went amazing.
Speaker 2: What a great show. When you did that thing that you did with my gang and everybody was like whoa, and I was like, yo, I knew we had it in.
Speaker 1: We killed it, guys, we killed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it no.
Speaker 1: But here's seriously, here's a funny thing that Mark came up with. All Right, so when Donald and I are singing, everything comes down to pooh, there's a few people that sing in the song with us. And Mark said, why don't you have Joel and Daniel go out into the audience and pick people like to sing those They'll have a lyric sheet because we need someone to sing. I my what are the lines? Don on my? Something something almost? Guys, you're pull in my eyes. Check the minor his.
Speaker 2: I was shut checked the pool.
Speaker 1: Check check minor his first Yeah it may wait, don't waste it, baby, ye listen, save your voice for Saturday. But listen. Don't you think that could be funny? Like if we pick I think there's three different people that sing in the audience, and then they can participate in the in the singing of the song.
Speaker 3: What if we divided the audience into three different sections, right, and we're like, okay, Falcony, you got this is on you you know what I mean? And in that way everyone can participate.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's clever. It's just that they're not like they're just quick lines though, they're like they're like, well, Bill, I was thinking Bill, sorry, not a spoiler, because the show has already happened. Bill could our surprise guest. Bill could do the Mike Schwartz part Donald, which was the.
Speaker 2: Po in my eye.
Speaker 1: But there's also one of the other lines. One of them is like my stomach hurts.
Speaker 2: I was shot.
Speaker 1: I was shot memory I was shot. So yeah, that's a good idea. We could have the whole balcony yell, I was shot. That's so great, that's clever. All Right, we're gonna have to orchestrate that because that's funny.
Speaker 2: Are you going to say a cur a letter J? Or are you going to do no?
Speaker 1: But I think it was a good discussion with Bill Lawrence to talk about how the only one of the only things that's ever been censored from Scrubs and Scrubs history was a curlyer a letter J. Yeah, my god, look at you in your animation room. He looks like the audience can't see, but his camera looks like he's set up to do an interview at at ILM, like he's an animator with the with the animation studio in the background. Looks like you got a new set piece there.
Speaker 2: Donald got a bunch of new set pieces. You know, another man's trash is another man's treasure.
Speaker 1: Where did you get this rock for me?
Speaker 2: Stupid buddy studios getting rid of some of their shall I say stuff, and uh, you know they had to get it, throw it. They were gonna either throw it out or somebody was going to take it. And guess who was that? Somebody who took it?
Speaker 1: Well, I bet you'll take all of their set pieces they want to throw away, especially if I.
Speaker 2: Had the space that that warehouse would be mine if I had the space. But I don't have the space.
Speaker 1: So you just took selective things. You took selective.
Speaker 2: Things, things that I think that I'm that I think I'm going to use, things that I, you know, intend on using. There's always that the intention of using.
Speaker 1: Right, how's that bomb rep that you took feeling? Are you feeling it?
Speaker 2: Not yet? I think I take another one?
Speaker 1: Okay, as long as you show yeah, show the bong this time you want to show yeah, to show you it's legally there's a state of you're in the state of California. You're enjoying your medicine.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 5: This one is like castles, It's like skulls, and it's like Mayan writing on it and stuff like.
Speaker 1: See how you do it?
Speaker 2: Come on, let's you want to You want to see how I do it? Yeah, we want to see show you how I do Why are.
Speaker 1: You you finally progressed to Donald just ripping bong hits on the show? Best part about an audio medium. I can't believe how much weed I smell in l A. I don't even want to smell it anymore.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about smoke?
Speaker 1: No, I know, walking down the street in Lower Manhattan is just like it's just all you smell.
Speaker 2: I mean no, No, that wasn't a pun, like for real, like because the Canadian wildfires. Let's just timeline this moment real quick for everyone out there. When when you listen to this show later on, because you're catching up at this point, New York looks like freaking Blade Runner two point whatever that ship was with Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in the future in Vegas, when that ship was just straight up haze. That's what New York looks.
Speaker 1: Like, right right, now I'm headed there too.
Speaker 2: Shit, well, if your playing can make it through.
Speaker 1: I don't think they've stopped planes.
Speaker 2: They've delayed a couple of flights.
Speaker 1: Anyway, after Seattle, I'm going so hopefully it's gone by them. All right, let's let's get back to the show. So how how are you guys doing? Are you excited? What's happening, Joelle? Are you gonna have your hair did Dani? Or you're gonna have your hair didn't gonna? I might need to get a little touch up.
Speaker 4: I definitely haircut. All this is gonna be cleaned up for a Friday.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice and bring out the Diana Ross hair. Just love it because it's my favorite type of hair. It's so much fun. Yeah, I'm excited. As you'll see in this recording, I have been on my phone more than any other time in my entire existence. Every two seconds it's vocal or a text or email or another ask, which is totally fine. It's all going towards like a lot of love in the show. But oh my god, it's been Oh I'm like, oh, this is why they call you an executive producer.
Speaker 1: This, this is the work. Well, Joelle, it's good training for you, because I imagine that you're going to be producing big TV shows and big movies running. I'm manifesting, yes, Donald and I are manifesting you being a showrunner.
Speaker 2: My little heigher. Thank you.
Speaker 1: So this is all good practice for you, because this is all the Michigan you have to deal with.
Speaker 3: It's it has been a really good education and so far making should happen.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, I see what it's happening exactly.
Speaker 1: And Joe Lamartine is a great partner, I imagine, and he's he's really on, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Joe's incredible, like very on it, very supportive in a way that doesn't feel either pushing your take over like it's always like considering where you're at, but also like how do we get to this next?
Speaker 1: It's wonderful, great team. He's very zen. I love him. Carrie Brothers, my friend for my birthday got me a drone, a little mini drone.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's the coolest present.
Speaker 2: Now. These are the thing. This is. These are I have a couple of questions for you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I can answer.
Speaker 2: I know you love it. I know. One of the answers is I love it because it's flying and.
Speaker 1: Knowing it's flying two things. I love flying in cameras one thing right yet and also I was a big RC kid when I was.
Speaker 2: A When I was a kid, I did not know that. Okay, So what are your intentions? Are your intentions to use it in film and you know, create really unique shots with the drone, or your intentions to race it because it does seem like it's pretty fast.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to race it. That's when I'm in a professional environment like.
Speaker 2: Modern warfare, Like, what are your intentions?
Speaker 1: When I not modern warfare? In a professional environment, I've always hired a professional guy because of course, you need the best person to get the best shots. There's really cool drone shots in a good person. There's drone shots in which I was here. I love professional drone operators who know their shit and a good person. We had a drone that flew the Alexa Mini, which is the main camera we use for the film, which is just incredible. It's a giant drone. So for me, it's just fun. I would imagine I'll take it on vacation. I'm going on vacation in the beating of July to the beach, and I think I'll bring it and mess around with it over the water and then the beach. But for me, it's just fun to play with it because these drones have come such a long way. You know, when I first started playing with them, you really had to gain a lot of strong skill set to be able to just even keep it hovering. Now these DGI drones have come such a long way that they're just using all the GPS satellites and they just it just hovers. If you don't touch it, it just sits there. It'll hover in place, in perfect position for a half hour.
Speaker 2: Do you remember where all of this shit start? When all of this shit started? Do you remember when the guys on scrubs, like in the camera department and in the grip department, in the electric department. Yeah, got those helicopters too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got into those were those Those were those helicopters with they had two different sets of blazers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty much kind of the same thing.
Speaker 1: And they got obsessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just trying to steady it and move it around and all of that stuff. And now here we are twenty five years, twenty something years later, And I bet you if they did master those things, or if they, you know, those guys would be drone pilots in the in the entertainment industry.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just you know what, the biggest barrier to entry is being able to hover something. So what these drones have taken that out of the equation because the computer is just hovering it on its own. It will literally just sit there perfectly still until the battery runs out. And so now now the skill set to learn is being able to move it and fly it and not lose it and not fly it into a tree. Obviously, but it's taken the hardest part back when when Donald's talking about when we used to fly these little tiny RC copters, that was the hardest part. It's taken that out, so anyone can just you could literally, I could teach you in five minutes how to fly it around your yard and it's so fun.
Speaker 2: Our helicopter is pretty much the same thing.
Speaker 1: No, I don't really know what's happening with RC helicopters because everyone who's into that has just gone into drones because drones are just so fucking cool. I'm sure there's something.
Speaker 2: I feel like drones are the wave of the future. Like that's the flying car. I know you're on Instagram and I know you're on TikTok and Twitter. You've seen these motherfuckers taking those big ass drones and standing on top of him and flying around like fucking the Green Goblin.
Speaker 1: It's spider Man, I've seen that. But more impressive is the fucking JetPak guys. Have you seen those guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're bugging then flying by planes and stuff like that, like an airport. If you're gonna do that ship, why fly by the airport? Like? Why being the fucker that's like, you know what, I'm just gonna go fuck with the pilots right now.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think that's the thing that gotta be arrested. The guy I saw was he did it.
Speaker 2: Like five times or some shit like that, didn't he?
Speaker 4: I honestly think that's like an FAA clearance thing, Like I think you actually had to be in an airport.
Speaker 1: That's just a guess. But well, No, I saw a guy who I think was military from some country doing a demonstration of it, and he was showing how he could go from a ship to another ship and intercept it, land on it, and it was fucking amazing. I mean it was seriously iron man like now.
Speaker 2: We watched the news a lot in this house, like CBS News with up Gail, what up? Tony up?
Speaker 1: Nate? Are you.
Speaker 2: Shot out?
Speaker 1: Gil? I think when the bunts are live on the check this out.
Speaker 2: But check this out. I saw they But in the morning CBS News in l A. There was a guy that was flying by the airports all the time and flying by pilots unauthorized, unauthorized a jetpack.
Speaker 1: That's aboud Idea. Yeah, man, they must have gotten him. Should we get into the show down? Why don't you count usit.
Speaker 6: Stories? I'm not show we made about a bunch of times and nurses. I said, he's the stories.
Speaker 1: So YadA around here, yeada here, Okay, my absence now listen. I understand that you're going to say that I'm biased because I'm not in this episode, and neither is Neil Flynn. But I want you to honestly tell me if you laughed at anything in the show.
Speaker 2: I laughed at myself. You were funny. I laughed at myself. I laughed at myself with freaking uh with the gooch, with gooch that should have me rolled in when he told Gooch that it was his first kid. Yeah. I thought that shit was hilarious. And then she wrote the song, which was very funny.
Speaker 1: The song was cute. She's so lovable that Kate.
Speaker 2: Huh amazing. That was such a great grab, you know. I mean, I don't know if we should tell the audience, but I'm having construction in my house and last week's episode was supposed to actually be Shay Serrano, but because of the construction, I couldn't find a quiet place in my in my house to uh to do the show, and so we had to reschedule it, and Kate wound up being a guest and she really did save the day. Man. She was such a great guest, and I was thinking about that before we did the show today. I was like, wow, you know that was that was such a good episode and she did such a great job, and it was really good having her on.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree it Maybe me want to be more proactive with reaching out to these guest stars because sometimes it's just tricky to coordinate. But I thought Kate was such a good addition, and also she was able to sing some of her songs, which was so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's back on in this episode, which is.
Speaker 1: Ye, she's back, all right, So we'll get into the episode. I just I thought it was a hot mess. To be honest and listen, I can laugh my ass off at other people, but I did not understand what was going on in this episode. Okay, so directed by John Punch.
Speaker 2: Well you were still in the show, Bud.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you. I was just watching this episode being like, what is going on in this episode? There's not a lot that goes on. Your whole storyline is that you're pregnant with the second child, Carla is, and no one cares because it's the second child, not the first. That's your storyline, and it's a big storyline.
Speaker 2: Well that's kind of how it is wild It goes through shit like this, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, so when you're telling me when Casey was pregnant with Wilder, no one cared that dude.
Speaker 2: There's like like Google doesn't even have Wilder listed as Casey's child. Casey's listed is having two children, rock O Faison, and then there's like some mystery child, like for real, Like that's like how it is, you know what I mean? It's this is this is legit like you know, Uh, it's it's it's interesting when you have your second child with someone, it's always it's always uh looked at, Well, you did it already.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, now, I'm not talking about being in the public eye in Google. I'm saying in your life.
Speaker 2: When you in your life everyone an.
Speaker 1: To people that you were having a second child with Casey. No one cared.
Speaker 2: They cared, but it wasn't. Of course they care. Everyone cares, but it's not like the first time where everybody jumps around and is excited for you and you know, can't you know, you guys did it and you know it's it's a way different experience the first time than it is the second time. The second time it's more of a way to go congratulations.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you know I can't speak to that, and neither can my my other two friends. I'll hear so Joe uh Cox says that Joe is a joke. We meet Sonya slash Sonny played by Sonya Day, who's a new intern. Cox has a patient that he calls a potato because he mister Fan Kohne I believe is his name, and he just hasn't done he's been in a coma for a very long time, and Cox acts like he's totally giving up on him and he doesn't want to be bothered with anything related to what he calls this potato Elliott shampoo.
Speaker 2: That was kind of rude. I thought that was probably. I thought Cox was just as rude as Joe is, and for him to call Joe a joke and then to do the whole potato thing was a contradiction. Also, I was like, I don't know about this moment right here. I don't know how any of the interns can take him seriously. After he said she had the bedside manner, she had horrible bedside manner. And then he goes into a whole rant about how someone's a potato. Yeah he doesn't handle and how you handle it is by putting sour cream and chives and if you're in the mood for some protein, sprinkle a little bacon on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does seem really cold here. I mean, he buys it back later when he reveals that he relies on Karla to be the one who isn't as cold about this. But it does seem even out of aracter for Cox, because we know one of the main things about Cox is he loves his patients more than anything. He's a tough guy, but he'll do anything for his patients. And then here he is opening the show talking about doesn't want to be bothered with the guy who's in a coma.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind the episode. I was. I thought it was clever that they found a way to get you on the in the show without having your having you appear, but having your voice still do the voiceover. They still found a way to wrap it up with the voiceover at the end, too, which I thought was kind of clever, Like, there are a couple of months. I get it. You know, you're not in it. I feel the same way about the shit that I'm not in. You know, I didn't laugh as much. I felt like, you know, hey, Zack's not in it. This doesn't feel right.
Speaker 1: Uh listen, I wouldn't. I'm I promise.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is where the attempt where Bill was like, well, hu, maybe we could do a show without Zach.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was if like you know, the law longevity thing, because around this time you were definitely saying out loud, dude, I don't know if I can do this anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was ready to leave the show, and I think the show was coming to a natural end, and this does feel like a test case for what's the show like without JD. I know that Neil maybe maybe Neil too, because I think Neil announced that he was going to leave as well at the end of eight. So and listen, I'm not I really. I know. It sounds like like I'm just saying I didn't like it because I'm not in it. That's not true. I love all of these hilarious actors on the show. I just think this one was a little mad, That's all I'm saying. There's also not a single fantasy, which is an interesting thing because it's pretty rare that a Scrubs episode has no fantasies. But the guy with the fantasies isn't in the show, so I guess Bill could have rationalized that somehow.
Speaker 2: I feel like the show was relying on the comedy of the n the outrageousness of the characters to survive without the fantasy. At this moment. It was really interesting that there was no fantasy, but there was a lot of like weird things that, you know, the gooch hiding behind the the you know, they tried to make it so that you know, Ted was hiding the gooch perfectly behind him, so every time there was a reveal, she could have her cute little wave. There were different ways to try and still be quirky and stuff. It just wasn't It just wasn't the same show. It definitely isn't the same. It wasn't the show.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand the storylines. It's like the storylines are literally Elliott is completely obsessed with JD and can't be without him for two seconds, which is.
Speaker 2: Trying to set up this that they love each other.
Speaker 1: I know, but it just feels out a character isn't for Elliott, like Jady's gone and she's so.
Speaker 2: Well, you remember how she was with Keith when Keith wasn't around. No, I forgot what was she like when she was the same way.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm just saying she's she's They're trying to set up that she's head over heels in love with this guy, and that he's head over here in love with him, and this is a great way to set it up also by removing one of them, and they've removed her before but he has Turk, you know what I mean. Now they remove they remove him, and she has she's so in love that, you know, well, and Carla's going through some really awesome stuff too, you know what I mean. And she gets the response that she wanted with the jump around, and I don't know, man, I just feel like I feel like, yeah, I get it. It doesn't it doesn't feel like the same show, but it definitely pushed the story forward.
Speaker 1: I just want to listen to you what the show's about, all right. Turk's excited that he and Carl are gonna have their second baby, and no one's excited. Elliott is obsessed with JD because he's gone. Carla, I don't know, she's feeling.
Speaker 2: She's missing something. She's look, she's I don't know, I don't I dot that I didn't understand either. She has she's having a kid. I got the fact that she she wanted that old feeling of being needed and wanted at the hospital, and then when she did get that, she turned her back on it because she has other things going on, like she's having a baby. And you're absolutely right as far as saying the dots don't necessarily connect, but some of them really do connect, like the one that you're taught, the one that you're kind of pooh poohing on with Elliott. It's just setting up for you, guys getting married and engaged in all of that stuff. That's what it's really setting up. It's setting up that she's so in love that even and that you're so in love that even when you're not there, you two are thinking of each other.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's talk through it more, Elliott. There's a whole bit about Elliott champooing with beer. Everyone thinks that she's drunk, but it's just because she's now shampooing with beer that's weird for some reason. And then she I missed what the setup was, but she reveals that the dress that she's wearing only looks good without a bra, and if she gets cold, it looks like she's smuggling candy corns.
Speaker 2: And then she gets cold, and.
Speaker 1: Then she gets cold and she's run out because her nipples get hard. I didn't I didn't really track what was happening there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I like Sarah talking about her hard nipples, but that's all I heard.
Speaker 3: I think they were suggesting weirdly that she was getting turned on by this woman talking about her like fifty year relationship with her husband. Because yeah, because later the blonde intern is like, yeah, I was kind of getting Randy in there too, and that she talks about wanting to screw the big dude.
Speaker 2: It's a weird episode, Joe Jill.
Speaker 1: Now you finally wade in on it being a weird episode, So it doesn't sound like I'm the only one.
Speaker 2: Who I'm not saying that this isn't a weird episode. I'm saying it definitely feels out of place. But I'm also saying it definitely pushes the needle forward with the story that we keep getting caught up on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know how it pushes anything forward. What does it push forward? That Sarah, that Elliot's in love of JD that doesn't need any pushing forward?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it kind of does, because it's a it's a huge shift in story that I don't know. The first time it happened, it felt way more believable. Now this time I don't even remember how it happened or where it happened. It's just somehow in this in this season, they're in love, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't remember either. And even when they're like together in the hospital, they seem like obviously they're in love and they're a good couple, but this is like, because he's gone for some reason, they're like obsessively codependent, texting each other every second. That's not like, that's not them. Did they ever say where JD is?
Speaker 2: No, he's just off Oh god, they do.
Speaker 3: He's at another hospital seeing somebody. They have like a goofy name for the patient, and it sounds like maybe JD is consistently seeing this person off site, but it wasn't one clear on that either.
Speaker 1: I'm in funny if they're like, if they're like Sacred Heart has a new contract where each doctor has to appear disappear for a week at a time. Okay, so Joe needs action. We learn that Joe is horny but.
Speaker 2: Only like but only likes action from large fellas. Large fellows because and and and Elliott feels the same way because they are grateful and are willing to do.
Speaker 1: Well. I don't know about that, but Joe really, that's what she said. Well, she's very interested in larger fellas, and every time she gets all yeah that, she says they work hard at it, and she sees she gets all worked up. She keeps spotting bigger guys in the cafeteria and uh and getting all riled up. Ted and Goucher are a couple, and Ted is taken upon himself to to go around and find anyone that said he would never have a girlfriend and point out that he does now and her name is Gooch.
Speaker 2: By revealing her Yes.
Speaker 1: Every time Scrubs Wiki had a little something on this, you'll be happy to know. Ted mentions that Gouch is his first girlfriend. However, earlier in the series it's mentioned that he used to have a wife, and it also mentions having a junior high girlfriend in season four, explaining to Janetor that he got his girlfriend in junior high by getting her best friend to like him by posing as her dad so she could rent a car. See that's funny, that's funny. Gosh, I'm glad we're not doing this episode for the live show because I wouldn't have it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have that would be interesting because this is what would have fallen on.
Speaker 1: I know you're right. We have to go by the way people. Anyone who asked us why we why we reverted to doing the musical. It's because we don't want to do an hour, hour and a half live show in front of two thousand people and not have it be an episode that we know is one of our favorites and that we know we can talk about in a funny way like Donald's right, this is one the one that would have fallen on on on the live show and we both would have been like, uh.
Speaker 2: So, so what else? Anybody need us to fix your life?
Speaker 1: Yes? Do any of you people need to have your life fix?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: By the way, we could do it fixed on life. This show is getting gonna get too long, but I mean we could also do a fix your Life.
Speaker 2: We could. We could definitely do one.
Speaker 1: Did you guys practice the songs we're gonna practice on the day on Saturday? Donald, Donald, I have Donald, I know them, but we're gonna have lyric sheets and then we have a rehearsal with the piano player on Saturday. Okay, cool, great. So what Joel's idea is, Donald, is that each of the audiences is going to be each of the sections of the audience. There's three tiers, so they could each be given a line.
Speaker 2: So I think Tier one, I think the balcony should start with No, where do you think there'll be the loudest?
Speaker 1: The orchestra is the biggest, I think, where do you think.
Speaker 2: They'll be the loudest? Where do you think they'll be The Balthroism is always the loudest. Yeah, So don't you think we should start with the loudest first to set the tone.
Speaker 3: No, you should end with the loudest so you can build to them.
Speaker 2: So we'll start with the So we start with the orchestra, Hey, miss Miller, we just need a stool sample.
Speaker 1: And then they're why.
Speaker 2: Because the answer is not in their head, my dear, it's but.
Speaker 1: And then there's and then there's the other lines, and then we can have Bill do the Mike Schwartz line. Yeah, okay, we gotta figure that out. On Saturday, guys were quick breaking and be right back with more of the show, and we're.
Speaker 2: B This is the first episode where we actually do deal with death this season. To be honest with you, it's.
Speaker 1: Not really even dealt with she just dies and knowing.
Speaker 2: It she died, but also the guy on life support too. Since we started this season, we've been talking about how, or at least I have I've been reminding you how wholesome ABC has been and how nobody's died and how uh, you know, everything's always wrapped up in the boat. This is the first episode where somebody does die and we don't even it's not even dealt with. It's just dismissed like it was nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all we know about her is that she was Kelso's friend. Oh, and that sets off a conversation about how she died because she was with her husband for over fifty years and when he died, she didn't last much longer, which which then makes Kelso confront Elliott. What is that whole Kelso pep talk. I didn't even understand what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Well, it was just explaining. Yeah, I didn't understand what it was about. I don't know why Kelso gets into the whole she died because, I mean maybe Elliott wanted her to fight, and she thought she had a lot of fight in her and that it was just pneumonia and that's something that she could come back from, but she didn't. Yeah, it's it's such. We had, you know, the penis doctor on, and we talked to the penis doctor about how, you know, what happens. Is it because we get older and these things happen, or is it because statistically this is you know, because we're older, statistically things are going to hit us. But I didn't understand the reason for Kelso saying, well.
Speaker 1: I think it is a very common thing that I agree. It is a couple set have big win together forever one dies and the other one doesn't last much longer because they they sort of feel like their reason for being is gone, or just the grief at that age. I mean, my father was you know, it didn't last much longer after my sister passed away.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 1: I think loss and grief at a certain age, Uh, you know, it can can can expedite your demise.
Speaker 2: Well, I definitely, you know, I definitely feel like mood is your mood definitely determines your health eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And but I think it's a it's a it's a well, it's a known thing that couples that have been together a very long time will will sometimes pass soon after one.
Speaker 2: Another, right, And I understand that, but I didn't understand what the purpose was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand what he was telling Elliott about. Yeah, And then Elliott what does she do? She she like she Then she says like, well, I'm not going to be I'm not going to just die after j if j D were to die, I'm not that reliant.
Speaker 2: Well no, Then he says, I know you're full of shit because you texted him to see if he texts you back, and did he? And she's like, yeah, he did. She's like, He's like, that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: She feels like she's being called out for being so in love, and she's sort of embarrassed because he's he seems to be teasing her. But then but then his message isn't teasing her, right? I just I'm just I thought it was. Do you understand what was happening there? It's it's like he's teasing her about it, but then when she's like embarrassed, he's saying, no, that's that's normal. I don't know. I don't understand what's going on there.
Speaker 2: I wanted to understand. I really wanted to understand. But then after the scene was over, I was like.
Speaker 1: Huh, maybe this may have been a week where Bill was unforced hiatus as well. Ted's sperm doesn't have any tails.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: He says they're just blobs that roll from place to place. That made me laugh.
Speaker 2: I left this the first time dad song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kate's song about being a first time dad, which is a lie because you're not a first time dad. You lied to her. Yes. So there's this intern who says, I need help with this comentto's patient. No one's going to be here as Sonny, and Cox says, no way am I going to be here. I'll leave it to Carla. And then Carla surprisingly doesn't do what she always does and hang around even if her shift is over. She goes home and Cox is like what the fuck? And he races to her house. It's like, what are you doing? I'm the one who I get to not give a damn because because I know that you always will. What's happened to you?
Speaker 2: Just so fucked up, which is so fun. The man runs to the woman's house and says, what the fuck? How come you're not watching the kids when I go home? I want to go home, and you're not watching the kids.
Speaker 1: This is your job, that's true. I didn't even think of it like that. That's true.
Speaker 2: I was like when that happened, I was like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even think about that. It's kind of fucked up when you put it like that. But also it's like like Carla, Like what had changed with Carla? First of all, she's never done that and h and right, she's never done that.
Speaker 3: No, and they don't give a valid reason for why she does it here it's.
Speaker 2: Right, no, right, But at the end she's found something new and something old. It's like it's like, wow, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did she do it then? Because she all of a sudden, I guess she's pregnant, so she wanted to go home and be on the couch and eat potato chips. But then Cox teases her just really quickly about it, and then the next day she's back to doing it.
Speaker 2: It was strange. I don't know she felt guilty. I know she feels guilty about leaving Sonny alone in.
Speaker 3: The She didn't even hook her up with somebody else who could hold her hand through what I know it easily be a traumatic experience of like I have to keep this guy alive so his sister can say her last goodbye. Is it's such her stressful situation for a young doctor, and nobody was like, we can't be here for you. But like, here's another possible person. It just doesn't seem like a hawk's thing to do, you know what I mean? Like, I really think he would have set her up with someone somebody.
Speaker 2: There's all the nurses in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, there's other people that work in this giant hospital.
Speaker 2: Strange. That ship was nuts. She goes and she goes through it that night, too, said, he goes through it. He codes, Yeah, dude, stops.
Speaker 1: She's frazzled. She shot herself up with dopamine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and apparently dop can you do that?
Speaker 1: Or you can shoot yourself with dopaine. I don't know what it does to you.
Speaker 2: It's got to be healthy, right, because that's all any well, everything we do, because look, everything we do is dopamine, right, Every joy we feel, every pain we feel is dopamine.
Speaker 3: There's a difference between a natural thing releasing in your brain and you.
Speaker 1: I know, well you guys looking up, looking up for us. What would happen if you what happens if you shoot yourself up with dopamine? She said she feeled pretty good, she felt She said, she.
Speaker 2: Felt good, and then she was coming down from it and wanted another hit. So she was worried about that it's a treatment for Parkinson's.
Speaker 1: Mhm, right, well, I think she was using it because she was coding. I'm guessing. I'm just curious what happens when you shoot a person who's healthy up with dopamine. What they feel?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, it says it is used to improve pumping strength of the heart and improve blood flow to the kidneys. Dopamine is used to treat certain conditions that occur when you are in shock, which may be caused by heart attack, trauma, surgery, heart failure, kidney failure. Yeah, it looks like it's just used to like help, yeah, help regulate your heart pumping blood.
Speaker 1: Like I know, but I'm sure, go ahead. I'm sure that a healthy person is going to have some feeling that they've been shot up with dopamine. We just don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier, so it won't change your feelings or mood.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Joelle text doctor Penis.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 2: Whether it be taking a poop, whether it be a finger, whether it be a tongue, whether it you know, everybody likes little ass like, did it fuck you up for a little bit when you real when you found out that the feelings that you feel are just dopamine being shot through your system, it's all chemicals. Yeah, did it fuck you up at first when you found that out? Yeah? But it took me up for like a week. I was like, fuck, it's.
Speaker 1: A good lesson for for the other side too, when you're when you're down and you're pressed, you're just like, oh my I'm just my brain is filled with the other chemicals or a lack thereof that are that were causing these reactions. So it's good to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it fucked me up at first because it made me at first feel like my love wasn't real. It was just a chemical reaction that my body was sending. Well, it's a it's a it's real talk, man, it can It really does fuck you up when Bill Nye says that ship to you and you're like, what.
Speaker 4: Well, you know on the opposite side of that, think that it is the act of love that makes that feeling happen in your body. It is it is that you are in love that you release those chemicals. It's not it's not one versus the other, you know.
Speaker 2: I wish that there was a way that you could take that sack of chemicals, you know when they when you're in the hospital and they got you connected to like this is not I've never been connected to it. But there's like that button that you press and it releases the right. I wish there was a button that you could press that would release that feeling of dopamine. Like that would be the best thing. That would be so great. I feel horrible today, but not no more. That would be so we.
Speaker 4: Know that ecstasy Donald and you can find it.
Speaker 2: That's that's a that's a completely different chemical than dopamine. Well, dopamine ain't got nothing on ecstasy.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what M d M A is released, what what chemicals is?
Speaker 2: It's spiking that has you feeling like a champion. According to the New York.
Speaker 1: Song Sarah to in for sure, right, Daniel, Yes, let me read what's MDMA? What's MDMA firing? Which which of those chemicals is it? Let's find out. Do you know any Seattle trivia? Maybe I'll on stage, I'll ask you some Seattle trivia.
Speaker 2: I don't know any I know that Mount Saint Helena could erupt any.
Speaker 4: Day, hopefully not while we're there, hopefully not. Just just make sure that you shout out all the teams like we got. Any Kracking fans in the building, shout out.
Speaker 2: The Sonic fans, any Sonic fans.
Speaker 4: Now, do not say the Sonics because that is a bitter point for Seattle. Losing this Losing the Seattle SuperSonics was not fun for Seattle fans.
Speaker 2: No, they were not a happy about it.
Speaker 1: They were not.
Speaker 4: But they love the Kracking, they love the Sounders, and they love the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: This is a bizarre one. Their stadium is called the Climate Pledge Arena. It's the most progressive, responsible and sustainable arena in the world.
Speaker 3: That's dope, isn't he Out of the city where the soccer players march to the theater to the arena, that's like a whole big procession. Is either Portland or Seattle, and I can't remember, but if it's Seattle, I would like our fans to come to the theater that way. Just shut down a street in all your onesies, marching directly to the theater.
Speaker 4: March to the match, the March of the Mattress. Yeah, that's the Seattle Sounders. Good culture.
Speaker 3: Amazing, what an amazing tradition.
Speaker 1: I love sports. Tell yeah here, Donald, you might know this one. Now we're retired. What Seattle Seahawks running back famously said, I'm just here so I don't get fined in a twenty fifteen medias.
Speaker 2: The skittles eater. I don't know this reference. He loved skittles.
Speaker 1: Why do you know that he loves skittles because.
Speaker 2: That's one of his things?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: How am I forgetting his name? Of Well? I smoked the weed? Mar Shaan Lynch Marsh, Yes, yes Lynch.
Speaker 1: What's Seattle born musician famous for. I'm not going to say the songs. I'll give it a was named by Rolling Stone as the greatest guitarist of all time.
Speaker 2: That's impossible because Prince is the greatest guitarist of all time.
Speaker 1: Well, this thing disagrees with Rolling Stone. You disagree with Rolling Stone.
Speaker 2: It's Jimmy Hendrix greatest guitarist all time.
Speaker 1: Rolling Stone said, Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Hendricks is innovative. I don't know, man, I just know that the guitarists, after they heard Prince perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, most guitarists, most guitarists, after hearing him finally perform, realized what a lot of people realized before, that he is one of the baddest motherfuckers ever to pick up a guitar. Period. Jimmy Hendrix also one of the baddest motherfuckers to ever pick up a guitar also. But when I last heard all of these people's impressions of who was the best, they said it might be somebody else. Now what.
Speaker 1: A very elevated revolving restaurant in Seattle, Washington was built for the nineteen sixty two World's Fair. It's very skinny looking with some futuristic touches. Cherry Sonko the space Needle.
Speaker 2: I've been on a space needle in the space needle.
Speaker 1: You've been on it in it.
Speaker 2: I looked at St. Helena from the space needle.
Speaker 1: All right, here's your last one. An otherwise nondescript wall at the Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington is covered with what sticky substance. It is a hard substance that traditionally comes from trees, and his wall this fucking ruins.
Speaker 2: It these nuts.
Speaker 1: It's not these nuts it's called the gum wall. It's covered with gum gum. All right, let's finish this show. So did we take a seconds? All right, We'll be right back to finish the show. Come back. I promise you the show gets better.
Speaker 2: Ever bad.
Speaker 1: We're bad.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes little ass Flay.
Speaker 6: Don't even act like Zach and Donald Gay newlyweds in house arrest.
Speaker 1: That's true. You honor me, You honor me. Zacha love you. I know, girl, but not here. Zacha loves you. We calm down, Zacha love you. Listen. Oh my god, I watched this documentary. You guys are not going to believe. It's so insane. It's about this family that thinks they adopt a child, but the child might be they don't know. I mean, it's still never really fully answered. Sorry for the spoilers, but she's definitely not as young as they think she is when they adopt her. They think she's six years old, and she's, uh, she's anywhere between like twelve and twenty oh word. And it's the most bizarre story you've ever heard, with a lot of bizarre characters. What's it called a.
Speaker 2: Horror movie named like Annabella or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: It's it's just I mean, I'm telling you you have to watch this thing. It's called The Curious Case of Oh, there it is.
Speaker 2: The orphan was based off of this.
Speaker 1: Oh, the orphan was based off it. All right, well this is like that. What's it called the Curious Case of something? Of the woman's name, I think, but it's on Max And uh. I said it to Christa Miller because she likes stuff like this too, and she's she text She texted me, she goes, I've been up till midnight and Bill told me I had to turn the TV off.
Speaker 2: Casey's obsessed with this. Yeah, it's everybody's obsessied.
Speaker 1: And it ended kind of abruptly, like I was. I was kind of like, because I.
Speaker 2: Think something happened with the two of them, Like I think there's like a relationship that's well between the three.
Speaker 1: Now what happens is that the wife is good supposed to go on trial sorry spoilers, and then they decide not to prosecutor. So it felt like the documentary was going to continue with the wife's prosecution, but then the prosecutors decide not to prosecutor. So just the show's over. I mean, maybe it'll be to be continued, but it's just kind of like, wait, what, No, did you guys find the name of it for me? The Curious Case of Natalia Grace. All right, watch that on Max. That's my weekly recommendation.
Speaker 2: Yes, Donald, you know, I always feel like movies are made to desensitize you from things that are going to happen in the news and stuff like that. And to find out that the orphan is based on this shit and that it validates my theory one is gratifying too. However, is very scary, man Like the fact that this could happen and people not know that a child that they're adopting is actually an adult is uh.
Speaker 1: It's really bizarre. I can't fully describe how it all unfolds, and and and then just when you think you gotta handle on it.
Speaker 7: Child, that's a straight up what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Good lord? All right, well, let's wrap it up. Listen. We'd love to give you a good show. It's hard to give you a great show, an A plus show when we're all a little bit confused by the episode. But we we love chatting with you, we love talking to each other. We're all excited to do this live show, and I guess that's it. Any last words, Donald, anything you want to put it into the Ether's.
Speaker 2: Have a great show, guys. Let's have a great show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's have fun.
Speaker 2: Joy the time that we have with each other in that space more theater.
Speaker 1: Let's just hope that no one comes up to us after and says, you guys look like you're having so much fun. That feels like gonna say after my dj I said.
Speaker 2: That would be the best moment Everard, you guys look like you guys, You guys looked like you were having so much fun up there.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be okay, we love you.
Speaker 2: If somebody says that, you know what I'm going to say to them what we so were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the truth is we are gonna have a lot of fun, all right. We love your count sound Donald?
Speaker 2: Eight stories?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses And he said he's the stories Net, so yeahda here yeah here, But
Speaker 2: No