Speaker 1: Couldn't get enough of us. Huh, well, hey, neither can I.
Speaker 2: I also listen to the podcast every day.
Speaker 3: After the show, I go home and I listen. I cut out the parts with everyone else.
Speaker 4: It's just me, But you should listen to the full show because it's way better that way.
Speaker 3: It starts now.
Speaker 1: From time to time, the intelligence on this show is questioned by not only our listeners and by our station management, but by myself too.
Speaker 5: Didn't even really had in me, Jesse.
Speaker 1: That's why I'd like to formally invite a fourteen year old boy named Kirn Quase to be on our show. This is the first time reaching out to him over the radio, because.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he listens.
Speaker 2: We can him touch with the fourteen year old?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pass the message along if he doesn't.
Speaker 1: But this week he's going to become the youngest ever graduate from Santa Clara University.
Speaker 6: Oh congratulates, Yeah, somebody check his ID now?
Speaker 3: Yeah again.
Speaker 1: He's fourteen, so he can't drive, or vote or see an R rated movie by him self. But on Saturday he'll receive his degree in computer science engineering and then start his job at Elon Musk's company SpaceX, helping to build rocket ships, child labor laws unless you're a genius, and then you could get offered a job doing computer engineering on spaceships.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's got a bs. I mean, give the kid four years to just slough off.
Speaker 7: You know he's gonna be retired by that's a good point.
Speaker 5: He doesn't know what he's missing out on. Jose problem.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we poke fon at community college.
Speaker 1: But Chirn started community college when he was just nine years old.
Speaker 6: Oh you know, bad about yourself if you're sitting in a class at also has a nine year old. I don't care how smart they are, he said, What is happening?
Speaker 1: He says he made a lot of close friends in college, even got invited to a few parties, but his bedtime was eight pm so he could stay past the first round. He does not feel like he's missed out on his childhood like some jealous people have suggested. He says he appreciates the opportunity to have experiences beyond his years. Oh of course, he says, something super smart and humble. What a jerk, fourteen.
Speaker 3: Year old bully?
Speaker 5: Yeah he's not in junior higher middle school.
Speaker 1: I bet you wouldn't get the shot collar question of the day, right, I think I'm on this show put a shot collar around your next see how smart you are that.
Speaker 5: He probably would engineer the shot collar.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, we're going to prove just how dumb we all are when we send it over to Jake.
Speaker 3: Show us how stupid we are.
Speaker 8: Which came first? The chicken or the egg? We're going wow, the leather port jacket or the douche.
Speaker 5: Oh hard to know.
Speaker 8: Alexis graduating high school or the creation of the white claw. Sometimes lines are frankly impossible.
Speaker 2: To know that's around the same time, but others.
Speaker 8: We do have the answers to. And today I'm gonna challenge you to get your history straight by correctly telling me which thing came first in a special before and after one and done shot collar. Question of the day, Alexis.
Speaker 5: Are you ready for history election?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, alexis which happened first the founding of the social media app Twitter or the birth of British actress and star of Stranger Things Millie Bobby Brown.
Speaker 5: The same age as you? How old is she? Do you know she's younger than me?
Speaker 7: If she is, I think yeah, but I wish Jeff singing a song about Twitter's anniversary.
Speaker 6: I just don't remember Jeff's song.
Speaker 7: Sorry Jeff, remember you Jeff sing about Twitter's like ten year? Uh no, wait.
Speaker 5: Twitter's older than not. I think just pick one. Okay, I don't know you're going to ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: Twitter was first.
Speaker 8: Twitter was found in March twenty first, two thousand and six, and Millie Bobby Brown was born February nineteenth, two thousand and four. Brown came first man, Alexis, you're getting shocked?
Speaker 10: Brook?
Speaker 8: Okay, Brook, which happened first astronauts landing on the moon or the first subway restaurant?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: And I must tell you be careful because this could be a trick question.
Speaker 1: Okay, is talking about subway the chain or just like a restaurant inside of a song?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think you chase?
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah they I'm sure someone was making sandwiches in a subway. All I can never think about for the moon landing is a dumb and dumbers and I've tried to picture. I feel like that newspaper clip is like nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did it in sixty nine.
Speaker 6: Okay, I actually think that I feel like it's a trick question, but It also could not be what if they came at the same time. Subway and the moon landing happened in the same year.
Speaker 8: The one small step man a six inch for time.
Speaker 2: Grand opening happens as they touched down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same year, same year.
Speaker 8: Wow Wow, I asked you before after Brooke has chosen to answer, same year. The moonlanding happened on July twentieth, nineteen sixty nine, and Subway was founded in nineteen sixty five in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It was not a trick question, I said, it could be. Please be on your choes.
Speaker 2: I like, there's two options, and Brooks like, I'm going off.
Speaker 8: To see Alexis and Brooks both getting shot. Let's go to Jose. Jose, which happened first the invention of the text message or the first release of being babies? And I must tell you, Jose, be careful. This is not a trick question.
Speaker 11: Movi.
Speaker 2: He says, it's not. That means it is. Yeah, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: What could beanie babies happen? Late eighties?
Speaker 4: They were I believe I know it was nineties for sure, but it could have been.
Speaker 5: Like late eighties, like eighty nine into the.
Speaker 2: First text message I'm trying to remember the year.
Speaker 4: I do know the first ever text message was Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: To a Jewish person.
Speaker 11: Was that true?
Speaker 3: Assault them?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with text message was first.
Speaker 8: The first text message happened in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and.
Speaker 8: Beanie babies were introduced at the World's Fair in nineteen ninety three. It I got it right by one year. I told you not a trick question. Thank you for believing me. Let's go to Jeffrey. Jeffrey, which came first the invention of America cheese or the sinking of the Titanic. And remember I said American cheese.
Speaker 3: I almost forgot.
Speaker 6: I would think that American cheese is a World War two thing, like they found a way to like like it was basically chemical the cheese, so it doesn't go bad.
Speaker 1: The whole thing with American cheese is it's fake cheese.
Speaker 5: We all know when the Titanic sank, right, It's all.
Speaker 8: Say at the same time, one, two, three important life.
Speaker 1: For some reason, Yeah, I think the fake cheese would have come out after the Titanic. Titanic first fake cheese after.
Speaker 8: The Tic sank in nineteen twelve, American cheese was invented in nineteen o three.
Speaker 5: It's some industrial revolution.
Speaker 8: Cheese is one match and it's still around today.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, who's getting shocked here?
Speaker 8: Everyone but Jose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody is getting shocked except for Jose yesterday. And we're gonna be singing Shake it Off by Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Play play play play Hey it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey baby, I'm.
Speaker 12: Just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off, Shake it off.
Speaker 3: That's your shot collar question of the.
Speaker 11: Day, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Whenever I go to my therapist and I need to open up, he has some really great tricks that helped me relax so that I feel comfortable enough to like say what I need to say.
Speaker 5: That's good. I didn't even know you're therapy.
Speaker 3: That's a fantastic Lets me lay down on the couch.
Speaker 1: It helps, okay, And then he'll put on some nice calming music, something soothing like this, and then wait, wait, just slow, dim the lights all the way down. Wait a minute, and then he tells me to put on my blindfold.
Speaker 5: I don't think that normal practice, Jeff.
Speaker 1: And then he whispers in my ear action as he hit as he hits the record button on the camera.
Speaker 2: There's a camera.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he videos the session so that he can go back and you know, review the tape, so that he can really psychoanalyze.
Speaker 11: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's the professional we should trust. And then minutes later I don't. I don't really know what happened, but I feel great.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think we should probably use some of those tricks to help all of us open up and share.
Speaker 3: With each other.
Speaker 1: In our next segment, let's let's try well, dim the lights. We'll play some relaxing music like this and get some cameras in here so we can review it later. Jake has the cameras. I'm to tell him to bring him in when we do a brand new relaxing addition of what what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Coming up?
Speaker 11: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You ever wonder why Batman only fights crime at night?
Speaker 3: I mean, you rob a.
Speaker 1: Bank during the day, you're golden Batman's.
Speaker 5: Well, the bad signal doesn't work in daylight?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, true?
Speaker 3: Or is he like I don't want weird?
Speaker 1: Ten lines from my betsuit.
Speaker 13: Brod time only.
Speaker 6: He could just do it if you get a fifty SPF and he'd be fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wish I knew what Batman was thinking, but instead I only get to ask my co host during What's on your Mind, where we go around the room see what everybody's thinking about, starting with Brooke Brook, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Jeffrey flying with you? You may be the only person in the entire world that doesn't own.
Speaker 5: A carry on bag. We go to a work trip.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're there for twenty four hours, and this man shows up to the airport with a giant black suitcase that he has to check you to check your twenty four hours and I was like, where's your carry on?
Speaker 5: He's like, I don't know one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't like it. Does small double bag or something? That's what I use.
Speaker 1: I wanted it to look classier than that.
Speaker 6: He never knows if he has t s a pre check or not.
Speaker 5: It's like the whole thing, The whole thing is a mystery to him.
Speaker 2: What line does he get in?
Speaker 5: He doesn't know. He doesn't know where to go.
Speaker 6: Then I get on the plane, I'm I'm like booking it to the plane because it's late. Jeff yeah, okay, And I boarded with the last group and I get a call and it's Jeffrey and hello, and he's like, hey, did they just say final call?
Speaker 5: I go, Jeffrey, I don't know. I'm on the plane.
Speaker 6: He's like, well, I'm waiting for my Windy's burger and it's not ready yet. Wait, dude, I don't.
Speaker 11: Have to tell you.
Speaker 5: He's like, well, should I leave?
Speaker 6: What should I do? I'm like, you're a grown man, you should figure it out.
Speaker 12: I stayed for the dismissed our last flight together too.
Speaker 6: So just flying with you is a real.
Speaker 2: Well A girl that I knew like eight years ago just moved back and it was always this.
Speaker 4: One of those things were like, look, if we're still single again, let's readdress it.
Speaker 2: So we talked on the phone for a few nights. Things were going really well, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, we had a date to hang out.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: I know, it is big because I haven't hung out with someone and I can't remember. But I can't remember a lot of stuff. So the night.
Speaker 6: Comes and she can't Okay, that has always happened to you.
Speaker 4: I know, But it's okay because she said, well, I couldn't find a babysitter, which I completely understand.
Speaker 2: Until later that.
Speaker 4: Night she posts a picture with some other dude, the captain new friends.
Speaker 3: No, maybe it was a babysitter that she was.
Speaker 1: A new guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and it looked like they were at a bar or something.
Speaker 2: Right the next morning, she deletes it.
Speaker 6: I wake up and I'm like, wait, so she was getting drunk when she posts it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you delete it?
Speaker 3: So I asked her confront her.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I saw that pick, like, why did you delete it? And then she made up some excuse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I deleted it because he had a girlfriend already.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I guess my question to you is do I tough it out and do I keep trying to hang out with.
Speaker 2: This girl or do I just kind of forget about it?
Speaker 1: You need to make her jealous, fight fire with fire. You post a photo of yourself alone in your apartment, your Twit followers on the computer behind you.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, in the twelve year olds that you played the video game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's tell us what's been on your mind?
Speaker 7: You guys know, like, as long as I've been on this show, my goal has been to get invited onto a yacht and.
Speaker 6: It finally happens. There you go, I feel like it's a pontoon boat.
Speaker 7: It was an actual okay, okay, well I did get a last minute invite, like I knaw, I wasn't you know the O G group to get invited, but I showed up anyway, the squad happily. I get on the boat and then you know, I see it's like fifteen, just like single woman. And then the owner who's like, you know, probably forties or fifties.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, not a single woman.
Speaker 7: He comes up and introduces himself and like he tells me his name, but then says to not say it out loud around Crowther other people on the dock to.
Speaker 6: Hear it, because he's old enough to know he should be embarrassed by all the young women. He's just he goes like a fake name on the docks.
Speaker 7: I guess he doesn't have just one but six yachts. He rotates between when someone is sleeping on them, and so he like signs whicheveryone is free and lives on.
Speaker 6: It and when so he's homeless, he lives with his mom.
Speaker 7: When the boats are full, he lives with his mom.
Speaker 5: So he's busy doing that.
Speaker 7: If I go, he said, tell me at the end of the night, then when I come back next time to bring him.
Speaker 6: A Costco pizza.
Speaker 7: Why because he was hungry food on board? Was it really his young I don't know, but I got it right onto it and I'm going to go back.
Speaker 6: And it just wasn't the owner I expected on the boat.
Speaker 5: You know, it may not have been the owner.
Speaker 6: May I've been the maintenance guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it counts.
Speaker 10: He drove it.
Speaker 6: Somewhere, so he had keys.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 6: You guys be more proud. Alright, alright, Jeffrey, one's.
Speaker 5: On your mic.
Speaker 1: Well, like brook was saying over the weekend, we were in New York to host this big Radio Awards ceremony, and I do have some notes on Brooks performance.
Speaker 3: I think this is the best place to do that.
Speaker 1: I would have liked to do it on stage during the event, but whoever the producer was, said, absolutely not, keep it classy.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, our producer says the.
Speaker 1: Opposite, go after this, So no number one for Brooke.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 1: Has anyone told you that you walk like a viking when you.
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: You can picture that, right, Imagine someone angrily storming a village. That is how Brooke walked up to the podium in front of me.
Speaker 2: I hear a woman in command, is what I.
Speaker 1: Hear, treaking fear into the audience.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you know that about yourself when you wear heels. Note number two.
Speaker 1: Right when we got on stage, Brooke was so nervous and excited she started thanking everyone for letting her be there.
Speaker 3: Which seemed a little bit thirsty.
Speaker 12: It was like, Annie was happy to be out and seeing the big city lights, And you'd think that you would thank someone if you're winning an award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were winning anything, present awards to other people.
Speaker 5: It was an honor to be there, you know.
Speaker 12: It's like, anyway, she's so excited to be up there, she forgets the actual line announcing the award, so I have to step in and say it.
Speaker 5: For that's not true.
Speaker 6: I felt bad for you that you didn't have much script to read, so I gave you more going with No. I actually forgot. I was excited, and I can't read the teleprompter very easily.
Speaker 5: Had my contacts in. That's not even a line.
Speaker 1: Note number three for Brook could not have been more embarrassed Brooke was walking around tugging on people's shirttails, asking do you know where Casey Casam is?
Speaker 3: Brooke, he's dead. She's been dead for.
Speaker 1: Almost ten years, and she's like, I want to meet him though, I'll send you the GPS to his grave.
Speaker 3: Sign if you're that great.
Speaker 5: I saw back in his head once in a radio studio. That was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the opportunity I did, I did, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're going to be invited back to Domo. Text into seven eighty five nine two, tell us what's been on yours?
Speaker 3: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Textboards lighting up right now at seven eight five nine two with people telling us what's been on their minds. We got one that said, good morning. What's on my mind is wondering when Alexis will be on the voice. I think she would nail it, no care.
Speaker 6: They don't listen to our shot collar question of the Day's.
Speaker 1: I mean nails on something, that's for SUREAST you've got another text that says, what's.
Speaker 2: On my mind?
Speaker 1: I have an air horn that I use anytime a scammer calls me. Most were a headset, so the sound will go directly into their ears.
Speaker 5: That's evil it.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Also because I feel bad for your neighbors if they're hearing an air horn going off all the time.
Speaker 5: He has some pent up rage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe just just hit ignore call once.
Speaker 3: See how that feels.
Speaker 1: Another text came in. It says, I used to be fans of a different show, but they literally left me hanging on a coloring contest last Christmas. Then a miracle happened and I found you guys. Brooke and Jeffrey came in and put the pieces back together. That's wiky face. I love you, guys.
Speaker 5: I still say you should have won that coloring contest.
Speaker 1: I'm a little worried that another show is doing coloring contests on the radio. I don't know how that happens.
Speaker 2: I bet it's not a great pretty visual.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Should I steal that out?
Speaker 6: No, we'd end up coloring outside the life.
Speaker 1: Give your text coming in seventy five nine two tell us what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: When it comes to cheating on your partner, we always talk about the negatives, the reasons not to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as we should.
Speaker 3: Jeff Absolutely we should.
Speaker 5: Okay, but Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: There are some little known positives, like why you could just hear me out, because now that you have a secret second person in your life, think about all the things that are going to be doubled. Oh, two dinners, two gifts that you're going to get on your birthday.
Speaker 6: This is what they tell kids with divorced parents.
Speaker 1: Two free clinic guests that hopefully both come back negative.
Speaker 5: And awkward if one does.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget the chance to be featured on a nationally syndicated radio where you talk about how significant others were caught being unfaithful.
Speaker 2: Hear that, chebody.
Speaker 1: If you're lucky, you'll get featured twice. You could be famous. That's why people do it when we talk about your story in a brand new busting coming up at seven tens.
Speaker 11: Sneaky husbands, two timing lives, live.
Speaker 6: Bad boyfriends and even worse girlfriends.
Speaker 11: They thought they could get.
Speaker 1: Away with that, but now they're a bounty.
Speaker 3: Get busted. She caught him on the carpet, that was him.
Speaker 1: She caught him on the elliptical, also caught him balancing on top of their new air fryer.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: He is flexible, but yiuse that's still him.
Speaker 6: Why does she just break up with it?
Speaker 2: Don't take him back?
Speaker 1: Years ago, Shaggy was number one on the chart saying it wasn't me. But fast forward to today, our listeners say, actually, yeah, that was you, bro, and they think he needs to atone for his infidelity. Have his full story revealed to the world. Right here on busted Oh, we have a few listeners ready to break down their stories of cheating Shaggy style. We're gonna start things off with Jamie, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 14: So my previous boyfriend was really into fitness FLA.
Speaker 1: That's true. As soon as they start trying to get in shape all over again. That's how you know it's a problem.
Speaker 2: Are you to get hot for home?
Speaker 6: They could have always been in shape. Maybe that's why she was attracted to him in the front.
Speaker 1: Once you're together, you drop the fitness.
Speaker 2: Yeah you found me, no needs?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: What what happened?
Speaker 9: So he'd always go on a run on this trail behind our house? Okay, So after he left one day, I got motivated to do it as well. I thought like, maybe I'd bump into him on the trail and he would be happy that I was working out.
Speaker 14: So I'm in the middle of the run and I hear noises in the bushes.
Speaker 6: Oh that's scary exactly.
Speaker 14: I got scared thinking that it's like a snake or a bear or something. Yeah, and I realized it's human noises.
Speaker 15: Oh God, please tell me it's not your boyfriend.
Speaker 9: It was three people hooking up, and one of them was my boyfriend.
Speaker 5: It's a different Goldilocks in the three story. And I was told as a child.
Speaker 1: All fit in one bush. Yeah, let's go to Gabe. Abe, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 16: Man, Well, so I work as a garbage truck driver. One day I was on the job and I'm going through a.
Speaker 6: Neighborhood and just making kids happy as as those guys do you know, and adults too.
Speaker 5: It makes you.
Speaker 3: Smile.
Speaker 2: They're like the weird guys chasing us.
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Well, so I'm driving through the neighborhood and I see my girlfriend's car. Okay, easy to tell us hers because she has custom license plates, so it's not like I saw a car like hers, right, But I don't know whose house she's at. And then I see her come out to her car. And she kisses this guy who's wheeling out his trap.
Speaker 5: I bet he didn't get picked up that day.
Speaker 10: Oh you know where this is going, don't you.
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Really, you just skip him on the route.
Speaker 16: Now, well, it's better than that. So I didn't make a scene. I'man I was crushed. I didn't make a scene. I broke up with her later that day. But as for the dude, oh yeah, now that I know where he lived, I would skip his house every so often and just pissed off his garbage collection.
Speaker 6: I hope that makes you feel better. You deserve that.
Speaker 1: That's just enough, Savage. We ought time for one more from Crystal. Tell us how you busted your significant other?
Speaker 14: So how did I bust him?
Speaker 18: My boyfriend's birthday was coming up, and I decided to throw him a surprise party. And all his friends were like, he doesn't like surprises, don't do it, don't do it. But what am I going to do?
Speaker 5: Of course? And what do they know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, just as friends, you throw your surprise party exactly.
Speaker 18: So on his birthday, I knew he was going to go out with one of the guys and that he would be home around nine. So I went to his apartment around seven ish to get set.
Speaker 3: Up, give you a two hour buffer.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I opened the door and I was shocked because someone had already set up his apartment for a surprise party. Contrere, there was another.
Speaker 4: Girl, whoa wow, you know what, this guy's got two solid girls in his life.
Speaker 1: Was he there or how did you know it was another there?
Speaker 18: She was there. I don't know how we both managed to have keys and not meet each other up until this point, and.
Speaker 5: How low were his friends and he just let all this happen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 18: Yeah right, but so she was also trying to throw them a surprise party, and I did the like we both dizzy, yelling at each other, screaming at each other, and then realizing that we were not the problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so did you eat the cake together?
Speaker 18: Well, what we did was we both stuck around to see the look on his face when the door.
Speaker 6: That's actually a surprise.
Speaker 3: What was his face?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 5: Birth to you?
Speaker 1: Make sure you hit of our Tex Sports seventy five nine too if you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating and you could be on the next edition of Busted Phone Taps coming up next.
Speaker 11: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Recently we passed a mark here that we're very proud of five hundred successful phone taps recorded.
Speaker 5: Is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't hear I don't hear digital Jake clapping over there, he said what it's probably because we forced him to listen to all of the Yeah, but that milestone gave us a chance to look back at some of our favorite ones. And early on in like the first twenty to thirty that we did, Jose had a character called Ed Daniels.
Speaker 5: Love that Daniels.
Speaker 1: He's one of my favorite on the street TV news reporter.
Speaker 5: He's gonna hit you hard news, whether you liked it or not.
Speaker 1: Ed daniels big thing is making up lies about your business and then freaking you out that it's live on the air.
Speaker 10: Right now.
Speaker 2: When the barge at your front door.
Speaker 1: Ed is back at it again with his next victim. This time it's a sandwich shop owner named Ray. You're gonna hear it in your phone tab right now.
Speaker 11: It's another.
Speaker 3: On the twenties.
Speaker 10: Subs and Sandwiches.
Speaker 11: How can I help you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking to speak with the owner Ray.
Speaker 10: Please, Yeah, you got him?
Speaker 4: Hi, Ray, My name is Ed Daniels and I work at the local TV station.
Speaker 2: We heard you're opening up a sub shop.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we just opened up last Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's great.
Speaker 4: Would you mind if we did a special feature on your place on the news?
Speaker 8: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome, fantastic.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll stand by because we're going live in three to one.
Speaker 13: The big news story in town is that we have a new restaurant opening. It's a sub shop, and I've got the owner, Ray, live on the phone with us.
Speaker 3: Ray, say hi to the people.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey, everybody, your take on serving the Turkey Club sub with the latest bird flu news.
Speaker 2: That just came down.
Speaker 3: What news are you talking about?
Speaker 13: The government just said and he shops in the area serving contaminated turkey to unsuspecting customers could pay heavy fines.
Speaker 3: What possible jail time?
Speaker 13: Wait wait, hold on, you heard it here first people, Ray's Turkey sub Club is getting the grub snub from this veteran reporter back to.
Speaker 2: Wow, man, you did great, Thank you so much. That was a great interview.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: No, you just made that up right now.
Speaker 3: What what do you mean by that there are.
Speaker 8: No contaminated turkeys?
Speaker 10: What the hell are you guys talking about Yeah.
Speaker 4: We got a hot tip that came into our news desk, so I just had to follow up with it.
Speaker 2: But luckily we got to hear your side, right.
Speaker 10: No, you didn't. I mean you just basically told your side of the story. And I don't think people are gonna want to come to my shop anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, if you feel like you didn't get your side, and we're all about being fair and balanced, so that's why we should just go live in three No wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, hold on, no, you should have done it right now.
Speaker 13: Because Ed Daniels consumer super sleuth here and boy do we have a mystery.
Speaker 3: On our hands?
Speaker 10: What mystery?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: I'm just opening up a subshop.
Speaker 4: Earlier this morning I spoke with Ray from the new sub shop in town and he claims his hands are clean of contaminated turkeys.
Speaker 10: What that doesn't even make any sense?
Speaker 13: And so that begs the question, how is he keeping his turkey's disease free?
Speaker 3: My turkeys are just regular normal turkeys.
Speaker 13: Rumor has it that he has turkey treadmills in his backyard to keep.
Speaker 1: Them lean and mean, what, look, we have this regular turkeys that you buy from the distributor.
Speaker 12: We make very healthy.
Speaker 4: My source says that you're barely giving them water breaks.
Speaker 10: What No, I'm not raising the turkey.
Speaker 4: They come in little packages.
Speaker 13: Are you saying, no water breaks, no sneak No for the beaks?
Speaker 8: What they're not alive, man, they've already been prob It.
Speaker 13: Looks like the mystery of the so called clean turkey is getting somewhat murky. It's not murky, but you know me, Ed Daniels, I'll stay on the case until Ray comes clean, and that might be hard with bird flu all over his hands.
Speaker 10: My hands are clean. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Turkey treadmills? What is that? And we're out?
Speaker 2: Great, dude, the clean hands thing. That was great. That sounded really believable. I loved it.
Speaker 1: My hands are clean.
Speaker 10: You're making things up.
Speaker 4: You're not even making up.
Speaker 2: Do you think I'm making stuff up?
Speaker 10: What you're saying and what you're doing is unethic. God, I don't even know how you got this information.
Speaker 4: Rumors, man, You know, once we come into the new station, we got to follow up exactly.
Speaker 10: They're rumors. They're they're freaking rumors. Who would rumor about my sub shop?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Are you saying you're trying to burn your subshop down for insurance money.
Speaker 3: Oh, we gotta go live now.
Speaker 2: It's three two. Why we are live with Ray.
Speaker 13: Who is now claiming insurance fraud on himself.
Speaker 16: Ray, no comment, No, you just made that up right now, You're just making things up.
Speaker 13: Unfortunately, we're gonna have to cut this interview short because this prank phone call.
Speaker 2: Is just takeing way too long.
Speaker 1: What back to you and studio? Oh my god, Ray, my name is jose.
Speaker 2: From the Raid Show, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Man, I really am in a studio, but it's a radio studio. This is a prank phone call. Brother. Thank god, your brother Kevin set you up for all of this.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 13: He's super proud that you opened up your own subshop finally.
Speaker 1: Oh man, well, I'll have a way to show it.
Speaker 13: Man, I thought I was going to close up shop.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I get a bunch of subs delivered to the.
Speaker 3: Studio now that brother?
Speaker 10: You got it?
Speaker 3: Man, Just no turkey clubs please. I heard a rumor.
Speaker 11: Wake up every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We have reached a special milestone on the show. And no it's not Brook's ninetieth year in radio.
Speaker 3: Oh that was last month.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember so many of them that I forgets cele right.
Speaker 3: We celebrating one.
Speaker 1: She started a podcast with the Alexander Graham Bell but you had to play on a phonograph back then.
Speaker 3: I call them al Yeah.
Speaker 6: The studio, you just die, just picked up the phone and talked to the operators.
Speaker 1: And their show covered tips and tricks on how to avoid typhoid and area and also how to seal an open wound with ketchup.
Speaker 6: We also did the Morse code slang word of the Week.
Speaker 3: A lot of that. It's just a lot of how to not die.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dot dot dot log.
Speaker 2: She's a woman, she has to go up.
Speaker 3: But we have come a long way since then. Wow, yeah, not just Brook, the entire shot.
Speaker 2: Miss those.
Speaker 6: Survived a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes you did, and now we've reached this crazy milestone. Second date update with one of the nicest guys we've ever had on the show, so you can.
Speaker 3: Hear it and be a part of our radio history.
Speaker 5: Right after this, when does the typhoid stuff coming?
Speaker 3: Second date update?
Speaker 1: Not to put any pressure on this second date update, but assuming this actually goes to air, Okay, this will be our one thousandth second date phone call.
Speaker 5: No are you joking?
Speaker 1: And we had four hundred and ninety people say no, no, you suck No, I'm sorry. Nine hundred and forty said you suck you that, Chris, That means you have a chance. I like those odds. I like those odd Welcome congratulations on being the one thousandth second dater.
Speaker 10: Thanks.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 6: I was expecting more fireworks, more congratulations would should I.
Speaker 4: Think that after a thousand of these we would have a better percentage of like people saying yes.
Speaker 5: No, not at all.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's getting worse as the years go by.
Speaker 3: Caring less and less about this.
Speaker 5: I still care, I just keep getting it wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because it's our one thousandth we promised to care extra hard for you today, Chris, So tell us about the woman that you want us to call.
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 10: Well, her name is Amanda. And I'm hoping that this results in a big one thousand for you guys.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm hoping she's more excited about being part of the one thousands than you were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to try again?
Speaker 5: Your excitement I'm kidding.
Speaker 16: Okay, yeah, all right, that's Chris.
Speaker 1: I feel good going into this.
Speaker 3: Tell us about how you met Amanda.
Speaker 10: Well, we met online and all the normal stuff. Good, like, she's really pretty. We chatted a lot. I was super excited to go out on a date with her and everything. But that's where we ran into the first little roadblock. Her schedule was really really tight. I work as a nurse, and the only day she was available would have been right at the end of a thirty five hour shift.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Why is that not illegal?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, like it should be a pay.
Speaker 6: A lot more, right, But we'll get into that on a separated Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you go on the date after your long shift?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 10: I needed Well, if it wasn't for this chance, there wasn't going to be another chance.
Speaker 3: And how did it go?
Speaker 10: I didn't fall asleep?
Speaker 2: All right, accomplished.
Speaker 1: You know, most people, when they say I didn't fall asleep on a date, that wouldn't be a huge victory.
Speaker 3: But for Chris, that's a big win.
Speaker 5: She was impressed too.
Speaker 6: I mean, I imagine you're so tired that you're not even nervous when you're like, what did you guys do go to drinks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we went for drinks. And the thing is, I didn't tell her that it was going to be at the end of a thirty five hour shift.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 10: I didn't want her to worry about that.
Speaker 2: I was honestly about it. From her angle.
Speaker 4: Someone said, I'm at the end of the I would be like, do not go out with the union to sleep.
Speaker 2: There's no way I'm.
Speaker 11: Going to go.
Speaker 2: So I can see why you got to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So how did it go.
Speaker 10: It started out great, ordered a couple of martinis, talked about our lives, talked about our dogs. We both have dogs, the screeper vibeman on a bunch of stuff. I mean, everything was going awesome, and then she was like, hey, I need to go to the restroom real quick. I waited a while and she just never came back.
Speaker 1: This is why I never let women go to the restroom. I'm just like, we have to wait.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's cute.
Speaker 1: What well you go after we're done?
Speaker 5: Me on you, Jeff, That's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she never came back.
Speaker 10: No, well, she came back, becuse after a while, and I asked the bartender. I'm like, hey, have you seen this girl I was with And he's like, yeah, no, I totally sorry. She left a twenty on the bar and left.
Speaker 6: That's confirm, dude, did you text her?
Speaker 5: I'd be so.
Speaker 6: I mean, you probably were so tired that you couldn't even muster anger.
Speaker 2: But or maybe you were so tired, like the date actually went through and ended and you.
Speaker 3: Just don't realize remember the end of it.
Speaker 2: She's like, we kissed at everything.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, what's the last thing that you do remember about the end of the day.
Speaker 3: How did it end?
Speaker 10: Her leaving me just standing there and being like, hey, this really just happened at the end of a thirty five hour ship and then I went home and slept for twelve hours.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, did you like call her and reader the riot act?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 5: Where were you? Emotionally?
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm just generally not that angry of a guy, because all I've been running through my head is like, maybe I came across as a little more out of it than I thought, maybe like something weird slipped out of my mouth, But I can't imagine like.
Speaker 1: A piece of broccoli came out of her mouth, like a word.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, bro because again.
Speaker 4: If you're on a date and someone's like yawning and they're exhausted, you make me feel like you're.
Speaker 6: Boring ditch though, Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Have to do something bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why do you want to call her again?
Speaker 5: Why would you want to see her?
Speaker 10: Well, I wanted to date in the first place, right, So all that stuff is still kind of there, And this is what she did. That's pretty harsh. But listen to your guys one thousands. I don't want this to be another like Ellen the column.
Speaker 6: They we're used to being in the loser bracket.
Speaker 2: It's fine, don't worry.
Speaker 10: Even if she doesn't want to go out again, Like, nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I need to know why.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, you're looking mainly for the reason even if it doesn't work out, But we do want to send you on another date, and we're going to like really press the fact that you're an amazing healthcare worker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she's going to feel so guilty when she finds out that you would just finish a thirty five hour shift and she ditched you.
Speaker 3: Or do you still not want her to know that?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's not that I don't want her to know. But I also don't want her to just say yes to another date out of pity.
Speaker 3: Well I do.
Speaker 1: I want a guilt trip her until she says yes. That's maybe that's just the jewishness, and but it swear it works.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember look, remember our record, we have nine and forty losses.
Speaker 3: We need one in whatever.
Speaker 12: Means you're desperate, right, pity date coming on our one thousand second date updates.
Speaker 3: Right after this.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Second, out of all the human emotions, excitement, fear, joy, none are stronger and more powerful than pity.
Speaker 3: Why do you think I work with Brooke.
Speaker 6: Because the only way I'm the only dummy that would work with you to make sure there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of love and respect between us. But deep down at the new giddy center of this work relationship is a heaping, delicious nugget of pity, of pity for you.
Speaker 6: You've only worked here your whole life.
Speaker 5: It's very sad.
Speaker 1: See, look look at the bonds that are happening here, the joy that's coming out of this moment. Job, let's harness, let's harness the pity in the room and adding a little guilt to help our listener, Chris get a second date with Amanda.
Speaker 6: With you, we've got the king of pity ready to take it on for you.
Speaker 5: Chris.
Speaker 1: That's right, Chris, because if you're just tuning in, he met her after working a thirty five hour shift at the hospital where he's a nurse.
Speaker 6: I love how we complain that we're tired after like six hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, this guy is a sick Chris.
Speaker 1: You're still awake, right, Yeah, let's get off.
Speaker 2: Of a long shift, did you?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 10: No, No, today is an off day.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the off day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, can you imagine what he's on?
Speaker 6: He saves it for his patience.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're going to save all of your energy until we call you into the conversation.
Speaker 5: And I'll try my best to be nice because right now I'm not happy with her.
Speaker 10: Oh I appreciate this because I just I need to know why.
Speaker 2: Let's get there.
Speaker 5: We'll find your why. I don't know.
Speaker 15: I feel very Let's go.
Speaker 17: I like that. Ad.
Speaker 1: Let's make the one thousand second date phone call hopefully ended on.
Speaker 3: A good note.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Hello, right off the bat, the judgment, say anything, Hey Amanda?
Speaker 3: Is this Amanda?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: You may or may not know us, but we are a morning radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we would love to talk to you a little bit about your personal.
Speaker 6: Life, just one specific thing, not all of it.
Speaker 1: I would love to talk to you about your entire life, but if you want, we could focus on the dating aspect because we're doing a segment called a Second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you met up with the other night named Chris.
Speaker 17: Oh, and this is an interesting conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we'd like to gauge how you feel about Chris and the chances of you guys meeting up for a second date.
Speaker 17: Is that really well, I'm I'm assuming that you know you have a story that he emailed you or something. I don't know how it works.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Just trying to read your vibe first before I told you what we know, right, because here's the information that we have. We know that you two met online, that you both have very busy schedules, and this was the only night that you guys could get together, and so you went to a bar at drinks and talked about a lot of stuff like your your lives and your dogs, and he really.
Speaker 6: Felt like you guys were like having a good time, like really connecting in conversation. Did you feel that I did?
Speaker 10: I agree it was nice.
Speaker 1: The thing is, he didn't tell us the exact amount of time that the two of you were there, but from the sound of it, it was around fifteen to twenty minutes maybe, And then you excused yourself to go to the bathroom and never came back to the table. Well, before you tell us your excuse about why you did it and why you.
Speaker 5: Don't sound guilty right now, I'd also.
Speaker 1: Like to I think you do need to know something about Chris, that he is a dedicated healthcare worker who had just come off a thirty five hour shift to meet up with you.
Speaker 3: And I know that you didn't know.
Speaker 5: That he didn't want to tell you.
Speaker 1: He didn't tell you, But I do think it's pretty brutal to ditch somebody like that.
Speaker 6: We all think that. I bet you think that. How would you feel if someone left you in the middle of a date.
Speaker 14: How would you feel if somebody fell asleep on yours?
Speaker 2: He did happened, It wasn't that bad, but he.
Speaker 14: Fell asleep listen, I excuse myself for the rushroom.
Speaker 17: When I got back maybe five minutes later.
Speaker 14: He was asleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it sounds like he fell asleep, like while talking to you, and he fell asleep while you weren't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I was gone for less than five minutes, and I didn't know that he was up for thirty five hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he should have told you that saving lives for thirty five hours.
Speaker 5: So you went, why didn't you wake him up? I would have just woken the person up.
Speaker 10: Oh, I tried.
Speaker 18: I tapped him on the shoulder.
Speaker 17: I was like, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 6: Were you worried that he was dead?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 17: I saw him breathing, but I figured he'd been drinking all day.
Speaker 10: I didn't know if he was a drum.
Speaker 17: I could see that, so I did the decent thing.
Speaker 10: I paid the tab.
Speaker 5: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: He said that he asked the bartender and that you left a twenty dollars bill for them, But the bartender didn't tell him he was asleep. Did the bartender see Maybe not.
Speaker 17: Honestly, I have no idea. We weren't very close to him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't notice.
Speaker 5: Oh my God.
Speaker 1: Well, you're actually closer to him than you realize. Your one phone line away from each other. And when I push this button, you're going to be on the same line.
Speaker 3: So here we go. I'm pushing it right now for.
Speaker 2: A thousand times.
Speaker 3: Chris, you're there?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, okay, thank god. I thought you fell asleep for a second.
Speaker 6: Chris, this all makes sense. I thought you feel so relieved?
Speaker 3: Who Chris, did you? Are you there?
Speaker 8: You fall asleep?
Speaker 10: Now? No? No, I'm here. Hey, okay, Hey, Amanda, Hi, y I.
Speaker 3: Think we just had that moment.
Speaker 10: Yeah, come on that that didn't actually happen, right?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 17: It did? And I don't I it did. Like I promise you, I sat with you for fifteen minutes while you had your head on the table and your hands and your lap and you were all snoring.
Speaker 6: You stay with him while he slept, Yes.
Speaker 17: Because I thought he would wake up. I was enjoying our time.
Speaker 1: Oh so, tir Chris, How does that make you feel?
Speaker 10: I find that pretty hard to believe.
Speaker 6: What you just gonna have a thirty five hour shift? How is that hard to believe?
Speaker 10: Because it wasn't my first ever thirty five hour shift. I don't just pass out in bars like that.
Speaker 6: Well, you go to the bars often after a thirty.
Speaker 3: Five hour ship. I think a lot of healthcare workers actually do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, but you have like like a couple of SIPs of a martini. Those are gonna put you out in a second.
Speaker 10: I'd remembered if I passed out, because I mean I didn't lose any time I was there. She left, I waited, and then I like got right up and went and talked to the bartender. There was no like loss of time.
Speaker 2: But she don't remember waking up.
Speaker 6: But listen, how could she, like she told us that story before she even knew that you were on that long shift.
Speaker 3: And why would she make that up?
Speaker 10: I'm maybe she's trying to cover up because she's on the radio now that she's trying to look better for me.
Speaker 17: Oh, I'm not lying, And I don't know how.
Speaker 10: To brew it to you.
Speaker 1: Maybe some security camera footage from inside the restaurant.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's ridiculous. I mean, she didn't even know that you did the thirty five hour shift because she told us that before. Jeff told her.
Speaker 1: No, I'm actually I think I told her first.
Speaker 3: And then I asked for her.
Speaker 17: I just don't know what else to say, Like it happened, and I'm sorry that it did, and that sucks.
Speaker 10: And I would.
Speaker 17: Have been more understanding and I probably would have responded to the text messages that you sent me if I had known the circumstances.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I think overall, like before all the sleeping confusion, he liked Amanda, Amanda liked Chris. Let's just go back to that moment and offer to send you guys out again. I need to ask, Amanda, would you like to go out with Chris one more time? Give it another shot, for him to be awake the entire dinner, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 17: Well, I should be totally transparent with him on the line. I am seeing other people because I'm I'm dating. I'm not exclusive with anybody. So if that's something that he's okay with going on a casual date, I would I would like to try again. I really liked our time together, Chris.
Speaker 5: She's honest, forth right.
Speaker 1: What do you think about being one of many?
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't believe her. And now she's saying she might go out with me amongst a bunch of other guys, which is also I guess she didn't have any room in her schedule to go out except that one night.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you shouldn't believe that she will go out with other guys too. Don't believe her on that.
Speaker 6: You're not going to say no, are you, Chris?
Speaker 10: No to the date? Not to the date. I don't believe her.
Speaker 1: Mark it up on the board. One knows for broken Jeffrey in morning. Well, Chris, make sure you get some rest.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll see you in a week. He's asleep. I'll try ye brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Has anybody here fallen asleep during a date in the.
Speaker 3: Middle of it?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: One time I fell asleep while the girl was on the way to my place.
Speaker 2: I woke three hours later to her a bunch of calls and angry.
Speaker 3: You never saw her?
Speaker 2: No, I never saw her again. I was wasted.
Speaker 5: I'll sleep once, so I'm not going to tell you why.
Speaker 6: Where Wait a minute, wait, hold on, you're really tired and the guy was really boring.
Speaker 3: Wow, her and her husband.
Speaker 2: Calls them the guy.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 3: One time I.
Speaker 1: Faked being asleep in the middle of a date in order to get out of it, which does make me sound like a horrible person. But in my defense, she was the daughter of a oil. We don't make me explain what a moil sounds.
Speaker 5: Like a bad medical problem.
Speaker 3: No, it's a Jewish term. My mom knew all the oils.
Speaker 1: You're Jewish.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's like I never should.
Speaker 3: Have told this story in the first way.
Speaker 11: Is mean?
Speaker 5: Is it a mean thing?
Speaker 2: We're not like I got a.
Speaker 1: We didn't do a very good job getting a second date update there for Chris on our thousand second date call, Well.
Speaker 6: We learned something about each other in the last minute, so that was good.
Speaker 1: Yeahs happen, and we want to learn about you and your dating. The show will help you call that person who isn't calling you back. Check out all of our podcasts all one thousand, second day wherever you get yours it Brook and Jeffery.
Speaker 11: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember when Snoop Dogg was just a rapper?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you mean before everything were doing bake shows with Martha Stewart.
Speaker 5: I remember those days.
Speaker 1: Decades later, is coming out with like Soup, Snoop Ye gaining market share from Campbell's partnering with Martha Stewart on like a Thanksgiving cookbook.
Speaker 6: And go for it many Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whatever Snoop is doing at the moment, it seems like he comes out with a brand new product for it. And now he's launching a new children's breakfast line called Snoop Cereal. Yeah, and it comes in three different varieties. Cinnamon toasties that's toasties spelled.
Speaker 3: With a Z.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Absolutely, crudy hoops that's spelled with a z. They just all rip off cereal.
Speaker 3: Frosted drizzlers that's drizzlers.
Speaker 1: With twosies because everyone knows the key to great kids cereal is don't spell anything correctly, and then add lots and lots and lots of sugar.
Speaker 11: I mean, I.
Speaker 6: Love it, but Snoop, you couldn't come up with like your own cereal.
Speaker 5: Wow, three of the best. I'll give him that.
Speaker 1: But if you're interested, you will be able to buy Snoop Cereal starting this summer.
Speaker 5: This is only for adults.
Speaker 6: My kids would be like, snoopoo, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well no, apparently they're saying it's just the start of Snoop's breakfast empire. That's for the kids. Next up for the adults. Mama snoop oatmeal getting healthy okay, yeah, and coming up next, we got a big sugary bowl of frosted laser story.
Speaker 3: Os with six z's in it. So cool. It's coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that just changed all of its passwords to Kenny Why, just because he wants to go around telling people he has all Kenny Loggins.
Speaker 3: Clearly not a joke Alexis is gonna.
Speaker 1: Get but stillbody worth it. With Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other danger zones just don't. First Laser stories out of the not so Friendly Skuys. Forty seven year old Daniella Carbone is a flight attendant based out of Buenos Aires and recently her boyfriend broke up with her for another gal and.
Speaker 6: That sucks.
Speaker 2: All guys have options out there.
Speaker 1: Well, the bigger issue with that is that her boyfriend was a pilot and his new girlfriend was a different flight attendant.
Speaker 13: Oh boy, this is like when the cook breaks up with the servers.
Speaker 5: Hospital.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like, honestly, I think this drama has to go down all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, if that wasn't drama enough, They were both scheduled to fly out together until Daniella came up with a plan to put a stop to it.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is going to be don't do this.
Speaker 1: It is a weird, weird word to describe it, because she allegedly used her daughter's cell phone to dial the air line office and call in a bomb threat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys, never smart. I mean, there's just so much space between that and not a bomb threat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, maybe sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she utilized voice distortion software and said, tell the captain that we planted three bombs in Miami.
Speaker 6: That's scary.
Speaker 5: For the record, not how we use our voice changer on the mass speaker. Just for the record.
Speaker 1: All two hundred and seventy passengers and twelve crew members were evacuated from their flight that was ready to take off.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'd be so annoyed.
Speaker 1: And after a search and a brief investigation, they were quickly able to trace the call back to Daniella, who was still inside the airport and got arrested while her flight attendant uniform.
Speaker 2: Was still Oh oh okay.
Speaker 1: Daniella was suspended without pay and faces six years behind bars.
Speaker 3: If convicted, but.
Speaker 5: At least her makeup was done for her mugshot.
Speaker 3: You know, also to rub in the wound.
Speaker 1: The pilot and his new girlfriend did make it to Miami later on that same day.
Speaker 5: I don't feel so bad she got broken up with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next Laser stories out of Manchester, England, a twenty five year old woman named Jessica O'Brien was uploading some photos of her couch on Facebook marketplace the other day, trying to see if anybody wanted to buy it. Yeah, and somehow she accidentally uploaded another photo from her phone, one that showed her bare breasts.
Speaker 2: I want to buy?
Speaker 5: Was it really an accident?
Speaker 1: It was an accident, okay, because.
Speaker 5: I'm like, that is gonna sell real quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wanted to. The picture got deleted, but nothing is ever really deleted from the Jessica says she's quote really embarrassed about it, but then again, it's making her couch.
Speaker 3: Sale go viral, so it's not all that bad because.
Speaker 1: Turns out she got over two hundred offers on the couch. She was asking for five hundred and ninety dollar, but many guys who are willing to buy it, said they'd pay even more just so that they could stop by and chat a little bit before pick up thrown out there.
Speaker 5: Meet them somewhere not your house.
Speaker 2: Yes, good, good call.
Speaker 3: Still meet them.
Speaker 5: Apparently that's a good deal.
Speaker 1: This next lazer stories out of the world of warehouse fines.
Speaker 5: Is this where the couches.
Speaker 3: It's Costco.
Speaker 6: I love Costco.
Speaker 5: Give it to me.
Speaker 1: Someone makes the effort to post about their Costco scores and deems them a quote certified banger, then you.
Speaker 3: Know it must be good.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: And one Reddit user called the Impossible Cow got the Internet in hysterics the other day when he discovered a new hidden gem at their local Costco.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I follow all the Costco like people on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've seen this one.
Speaker 1: A two and a half pound churo bunt cake that sounds like here's a.
Speaker 3: Picture of it.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Another person chimed in, saying, quote agreed, this one is a certified banger.
Speaker 6: Folks, I'm going today, I'll get one for us.
Speaker 1: It probably is true because it isn't just a cinnamon pound cake. It has a very distinct churro flavor, but a moist cake consistency.
Speaker 5: How are the Costco cakes so good?
Speaker 1: They have the Keebler elves trapped in the Costco.
Speaker 6: You know they still have the old school where if you want it decorated, you write it down on a piece of paper.
Speaker 5: And you drop it into the box at Costco.
Speaker 2: It's not impressive.
Speaker 1: That's crazy technology.
Speaker 6: They're still doing that. Yeah, cake magically shows up.
Speaker 2: Well, it's called shipping.
Speaker 1: You gotta come ready to pay because the cake goes for a whopping ten dollars and seventy nine cents.
Speaker 2: Affordable Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: It's two and a half pounds, but seems worth it to many people. Besides, Costco is on a winning streak with their bakery and sweets department, unless we forget about the five pound chocolate and peanut butter pie.
Speaker 5: I never got a bite in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Not shocking to see another new creation popping up in stores. Brooke is gonna go and she promises to bring one to every single listener's house if you're nice to her.
Speaker 3: On the textboord, you.
Speaker 6: Love when I go to Costco because I always bring you back a pack of chocolate muffins.
Speaker 5: That's true, you know, did it happened?
Speaker 8: Once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when did that happen?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Twice, it happened twice.
Speaker 2: Also, you need to bring back the big taba mac and cheese. Remember they have like a giant gallon.
Speaker 6: Give you a list next time shopping.
Speaker 1: This next laser story is out of difficult decisions Central.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate it here.
Speaker 6: I feel like we're shopping again at Costco.
Speaker 1: There's that saying good looks can only get you so far.
Speaker 2: That's a lie. I've heard that.
Speaker 1: But what if good looks could take you ninety percent farther?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can, surgery Well.
Speaker 1: Poll asks more than eight thousand people, would you rather be thirty percent smarter or ninety percent more attractive?
Speaker 5: Easy?
Speaker 2: Okay? Easy? More attracted? Thirty percent smarter to me? Still, I'm still dumb.
Speaker 6: Just the math alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even do the math. I just want to be hot.
Speaker 3: It was actually pretty close.
Speaker 1: Fifty three percent of people said they'd rather be ninety percent more attractive.
Speaker 6: Okay, Martin, Do I stay ninety percent more attractive no matter how old I get.
Speaker 3: That's part of the rules. More attractive forever rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Forty six percent would choose to be thirty percent smarter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're already dumb because they didn't pick the hop Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: You could make more money and be more attractive. Just rich people in general.
Speaker 1: Some solid reasons for their votes, like quote, I'm already pretty smart, so yeah, I'm gonna take the intelligence. Much better to be exceptional at one of them than pretty.
Speaker 3: Good at both.
Speaker 6: And honestly, the smarter you are, the more you understand, the more depressing everything becomes.
Speaker 5: You know, they say ignorance is bliss for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone tried to get all smart, saying looks fade with age, but intelligence that could last your home life. And on the flip side, one person said quote, I'm smart enough, but being attractive in life that's like lowering the difficulty level.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is. Yeah, having the cheat codes.
Speaker 1: Man is also quote I'm smart enough to know that being smarter would only make me more.
Speaker 2: Unhappy what I just said smart.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 1: Lucky for this guy, he doesn't have to choose. He's got the mind of Jessica Simpson and the body of a green shelled Zacaffroy, it's a dual threat that guy Japan's laser stories has come to an end.
Speaker 3: For the day, We'll do it again the same time.
Speaker 11: On Friday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: She's zero and.
Speaker 1: Four all time against you, but she's back to try another time. Her name is Natasha, She's a male carrier, and I love Natasha. Natasha says people don't check their mail anymore, so please make it easy on Natasha. Open up your box and take a peek inside. Every one. Natasha, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I actually do feel bad for my mail carrier because I won't check it for weeks and then I'll be like, Wow, how did he stuff all of that into What's.
Speaker 2: It's amazing coupon coon?
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna send Brook out of the studio. Natasha. While that happens, you know the game works. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat Brooke out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 14: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 1: Time starts now. Today is Flag Day. The US flag is known by the nickname Old What. Kuwait City is the capital of what country?
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh? Pass?
Speaker 1: In which decade was the voting age lowered to eighteen? What is the heating element used in the toy easy bake oven. How many colors are on a standard Rubik's cue.
Speaker 2: There we go, she did on the last one.
Speaker 1: It's a victory, Natasha, good work there, sort of, but it's us on my phone screen.
Speaker 3: Are here?
Speaker 1: The interesting fact about yourself is that you've taught yourself how to make not macaroons. Apparently you say it differently than that.
Speaker 18: It's macalon.
Speaker 5: The French ones, right, not the Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, the macaroons are the coconut cookies, you know, And then macaroons or however you say it, are the pretty rainbow ones.
Speaker 11: That's cool.
Speaker 6: Those look hard to make?
Speaker 5: Are they hard?
Speaker 2: They are hard?
Speaker 18: They are hard.
Speaker 2: It's awesome. That's impressed.
Speaker 1: Maybe pop some and some of them boxes a little treat for everybody.
Speaker 14: I actually have done that for a couple of customers.
Speaker 3: People actually check their mail.
Speaker 2: I'm diabetic. You're just rubbing it in.
Speaker 1: All right, Brooke, it's your turn, you're ready, Yes, your time starts now. Today is flag Day. The US flag is known by the nickname Old What Oh God.
Speaker 6: Old God Old Yellerer.
Speaker 1: Kuwait City is the capital of what country is it? Iran, in which decade was the voting age lower.
Speaker 5: To eighteen seventies.
Speaker 1: What is the heating element used in the toy easy bake oven as how many colors are on a standard Rubik's cube eight. Okay, we're gonna go with doesn't It doesn't pretty good to me, But we're gonna find out when we go to the scoreboard with jose.
Speaker 3: The Burning Weed when in hell.
Speaker 2: I love that stuff.
Speaker 13: Natasha, you got one correct today.
Speaker 6: I'm just hoping for that, Natasha, solid word and spoiler alert.
Speaker 2: It was a very close game.
Speaker 6: Still, yeah there Brook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did get one.
Speaker 14: Also, it was that Iran.
Speaker 3: We'll get to the answers here. Today is Flag Day.
Speaker 1: The US flag is known by the nickname Old Glory Yellow Yellow.
Speaker 3: Kuwait City is the capital of Kuwait.
Speaker 4: So Natasha over and over goes, oh, Kuwait City, Kuwait, Kuwait, Kuwait.
Speaker 2: And yeah, like she's getting.
Speaker 3: Your right, and then and then she went past. I couldn't give that to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The decade that they lowered the voting age to eighteen was the nineteen seventies nineteen seventy one. It used to be twenty one years old to vote. The heating element in the toy easy bake oven. I can't believe you guys didn't know this.
Speaker 3: It's a light bulb, that's it.
Speaker 1: There are six colors on a standard Grubik's cube. Now, Natasha, unfortunately, when a tie goes to the house means can't give you any money.
Speaker 3: But just we're playing.
Speaker 1: You want a fifty dollars gift guard to the Nisqually Redwind Casino.
Speaker 3: River Water Bar and grill.
Speaker 1: Ah right, satisfy your senses and taste the extraordinary at the River Water Bar and grill only at the Nisqually Redwind Casino.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: How does that stack up to all your other uh you know prizes?
Speaker 18: Well, you know I won one of these gift cards before as well, so extra money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she already went and she's a regular now that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for playing, Natasha.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do win Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow, freaking.
Speaker 11: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: It's like every day I find another reason to love the Washington Potato Commission and Washington Potato Growers because our potato growers are committed to sustainable farming practices to grow spuds for generations to come.
Speaker 5: You hear that, kids, you got spuds for life.
Speaker 6: And it means so much that ninety nine percent of Washington potato farms are fait family run. These growers are environmentalists at their core, and they want their crops and feels healthy for their kids and their kids, and their kids and their kids. You get all those little tater tots out there. Farmers rely on cost effective, reliable energy like hydropower for harvesting and processing potatoes. Oh By using GPS trackers while fertilizing and more energy efficient farming equipment, they're using less diesel and releasing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Go to potatoes dot com slash farm families to learn more about their sustainable farming practices.