Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa, yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo Cholamagne the cap peasted up playing in this Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Thursday. Good morning. How you feeling, man?
Speaker 1: I am blessed, black and holly favored man. I am happy to be here today live from the Black Mothership, the Breakfast Club. Happy to everybody, happy that everybody is listening to us this morning. Thank you. We don't take it for granted. I appreciate you all.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Yes indeed, now the weather here yesterday was off and on with rain yesterday. So my son had his baseball World Series. Shot to everybody that plays baseball or softball, another World Series or the playoffs are happening right now for you guys.
Speaker 3: So they won yesterday, drop a bomb for little Jackson.
Speaker 1: That's dope, man, It's good to see Dominicans carrying on.
Speaker 3: Shut up, what do you mean that's good?
Speaker 2: You got a Dominican child, that Dominican. But okay, congratulations to their team. It was a great experience and shout to them. They won three nothing. Yesterday, it rained and they were gonna they were gonna cancel the game. Then the sun came out and it rained again. But they did finish that game and play yesterday. So congratulations to them.
Speaker 1: Congratulations mine.
Speaker 3: Now on today's show, Terrence Crawford will be joining us.
Speaker 1: Terence Crawford. I cannot wait to see Terrence Crawford and Earl Spence get busy on July twenty ninth. That is that is let me see. Was that the fight of the decade? Yes, absolutely, I would say that by far, that's one that we've all been anticipating all wine. I got Earl Spence. You know, I've told Terrence that before when he came a long time ago, before this fight, we even thought this fight was ever gonna happen. That is true, you know, So that is true. I got to stick by my guns, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see if you stick by him with this interview. And also the cast of Blackening will be joining us.
Speaker 1: Yes, Grace Buyers will be here, Von Pergins, Yvonne or Sinqua, Jay Frowl, and Antwoninette Robinson.
Speaker 2: That's right, So we're gonna be kicking with them, and the Blackening is a horror slash comedy that will be chopping it up with that comes out.
Speaker 1: That's right. This sums up the black experience in America. Yeah, it is a horror slash comedy.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: All right, We're gonna be chopping it up with them in a little bit. But let's get in some front page news. When we come back, Tessling figure Out will be joining us. So keeping lock this the breakfast club on b et putting everybody a's dj nv Charlamage the god.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast on skin. So we had a breakfast club. Good morning. What was that? I don't know what that was. Damn well, let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Oh bro, you got to ask the reflux at six o'clock in the morning for no reason.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking it sparkling water, that's why. Damn all right, Good morning tess Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, DJ vys Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: The God, Tesling figure Road. What's happening now?
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this plane crash where four children were found alive after forty days.
Speaker 4: Yes, unbelievable story.
Speaker 5: After forty days in the Colombian rainforest, four children ages thirteen, nine, four and one, who have been missing since the plane they were traveling in crashed on may first have been found alive. When rescuers reached the site of the plane's wreckage last month. The bodies of the three adults on board were found, but there was no sign of the four children known to have been on the plane. As of now, it is unclear how they managed to survive for so long in a thick jungle that is prone to heavy rain and contain bag wires and yes, absolutely being the snakes. However, they did say that these are indigenous children, so their knowledge about the jungle helped them survive.
Speaker 1: That's God. All days, drop on the clues, bond for God. God be God.
Speaker 5: Do we know the days and forty ninth we know the ages of those kids? Yeah, the ages were thirteen nine, four and one.
Speaker 3: Four and one.
Speaker 1: That's my that's my that's my family. Jesus right, both of my family have fourteen seven, four and one.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine a one year old in the jungle forty days eating everything that they have to eat and that one year old doesn't talk and you gotta wipe the wow.
Speaker 3: That is that's God.
Speaker 1: That would be an amazing movie or an amazing TV show. Too bad, there's nobody to write it because all the writers, all the writers, it's still lost.
Speaker 6: Greight.
Speaker 5: You know, I pay attention to numbers a lot, and I just thought the forty days, you know again talking about forty days and forty nights, and you know, it's just it's a lot significant to that. So it's really going to be interesting to see, you know, how this story continues to I guess unfold.
Speaker 4: And we hear more about it.
Speaker 5: I did want to tell you a little bit about the plane crash though, before we go to the next story. The pilot reported engine failure and declared an emergency before the plane disappeared from the radar about seven thirty am on May first. After the plane crash and rescuers were on the scene, they used the recording of the children's grandmother telling the children to stay in place and that people were looking for them.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should give them some more insight on the forty days forty nights test. But he said, yeah, Jesus resurrection was what forty days?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Between Jesus direction and the fish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a forty day forty is is a deep number in general, Like it's a lot of stuff you can talk about with forty days and forty nights, but forty is of their very significant number, you know in the body. If we want to look it up, go look up numerology and look up the number forty.
Speaker 2: And one last question was that a big plane like a seven forty seven? Was that like a small engine a little.
Speaker 4: Small, small little engine plane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were going from uh, you know, these were indigenous people, so they were going from I guess I don't want to say tribe because I don't want to miss misquoted, but just going from one area to the other.
Speaker 4: They were Amazon from the Amazon.
Speaker 5: So apparently these children knew how to find seeds and you know, different types of food. And the thirteen year old, I believe they said, cut up some of the clothing to wrap the one year old, I mean just got really created.
Speaker 1: I have to tell cha. Gpt to write that movie man.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then one other thing I thought was so interesting.
Speaker 5: They left the kids were leaving, or the thirteen year old left little trinkets where they would you know, go throughout to be found. So they were like scissors or a baby bottle, or of kind of leaving a track in order to find a hands.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, that's a deep story.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about the Southern Baptist vote to being women pastors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Southern Baptists will have the opportunity to vote on a measure that would enshrine a ban on women pastors within the denomination. The amendment will require that no women at the church hold the title as pastor. A less binding agreement was already in existence for a very long time, but the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by scripture. But this vote would make it official. So that's always been something that the Southern Baptist Church has believed in that women cannot hold pastoral roles or minister roles.
Speaker 4: But people have done it throughout the years.
Speaker 5: But now they're deciding to, you know, decide, you know, if they should make it official or not.
Speaker 1: What kind of terrible sermon did a woman give that made them say, you know what, no more women can give, No more women can give sermon to here any more? Lord have mercy and need to turn past the Saara J. Robinson. I bet you they won't want to banned woman passes after they hear her, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a lot of reason why the church went to non denominational. Like Pastor Sarah Jakes, a lot of the churches that you still feel that Baptist feel, you know in the church, but decided to go non denominational so that women can have roles, you know, within the church and be called to be ministers.
Speaker 1: So that's just good old fashioned misogyny or is that just the way the church is built?
Speaker 5: Well, it's good old fashioned missogy coming from first Timothy to twelve that says, I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man.
Speaker 4: Rather, she is to remain quiet.
Speaker 5: For Adam was formed first, then Eve, and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a Transgressor did that.
Speaker 1: Count for mamas and sons too? To have logical is that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: That's why the Bible, the studies of the Bible, people can take comparative religion to see, you know, the context behind it.
Speaker 4: That's been a debate for a very long time in the Baptist Church.
Speaker 5: I remember that growing up as a little girl, where women, you know, really want to be in the in the ministry and they just could not.
Speaker 3: So all right, well that is front page news. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Test We'll see in a couple of minutes. Absolutely all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up right now. Phone lines of wide open. It's the Breakfast Club on b E T the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Right right, Ray Yo, charlote man Davy, what up are we lost?
Speaker 6: This is your time to get it.
Speaker 1: Off your chest.
Speaker 3: I got an indoor pool pool.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 7: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 11: We lie.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? Hey Shay, good morning. Get off your chest, Mama.
Speaker 10: Hey, I just wanted to collaborate on that. The kids, the four kids. It was the forty eight that was so I'm in here. It was appeal because I read about the article. But when I heard you guys this morning, and it was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, that was but that was all God, God, oh God God.
Speaker 10: Because I had four kids, Yes, I was just about to have four kids myself, close to those ages. I have some potlers want to do and I couldn't imagine my oldest trying to look after them and make sure they eat the right thing, make sure they don't cut and put the wrong things in their mouth, let alone change a diaper.
Speaker 3: Oh my, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't really, even though we do, uh lean on the older kid a lot. I got a fourteen years, even though we do lean on her, like, I couldn't imagine that.
Speaker 3: Type of forty days right for that many games.
Speaker 2: But you gotta find shelter, You gotta why change pamthers and and all that, Oh.
Speaker 10: My god, trying to look out for your at the same time.
Speaker 1: And it says it was wild animals and jaguars and stuff, But you know what I was thinking, Yeah, I was thinking too though. You know, we all one with the world, right, we are one with nature. I wonder if you know, those forty days and forty nights, I wonder if they felt you know, more more more at peace dad, and they would you know, in regular society.
Speaker 12: That's something man, especially.
Speaker 1: Being a day indigenous people. We are all indigenous people, were Indigo to the land.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just thinking, like, if it's done this too loud. My kids are scarce, so can you imagine what Jesus crazy?
Speaker 10: But you know when they're from the area, so you you know, so of course they are used to They're used to a lot of things that our kids are.
Speaker 1: Not by the way you left them.
Speaker 10: But God, I'm so glad that they came out on the cop and button was harm And.
Speaker 1: We might be projecting on them kids. We don't know what kind of covering God had over them. They might have felt a different they might have felt that peace for all we know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: God might have just been giving them direction the whole time. You see, the little boy was or the little girl. I don't know if the boy or girl was leaving trails to be found, like, we don't know. We don't know what God was telling them kids in those forty days.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? And get it off your chest?
Speaker 14: And man, I'm just saying I'm best, black and highly favored, yes sir, And I want to say, you know, I'm typical, mediocre, average and in the form of bigotry.
Speaker 1: Are you stuck in? Are you stuck in the uh?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: The low expectations of bigotry?
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, average to the cold midiocre of a big PSA worker.
Speaker 3: Well, we appreciate all the TSA workers, man, We definitely do.
Speaker 1: We definitely appreciate it.
Speaker 14: I just want to throw you guys. Please do not be mad at when we take your bottles of water away.
Speaker 8: Don't bring it on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate I hate it myself.
Speaker 2: I'll be behind somebody they got a bottle of water in their bag, like, come on, you never flew before, you know you can't have about a bottle time you forget?
Speaker 14: Man, they be taking the nuts. Man, I'm gonna pick up all the TSA workers across the world.
Speaker 3: Man, absolutely, I have a good one.
Speaker 2: Brother, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent and hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Good morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 12: Man, this is Beto.
Speaker 3: Hey, whateveto get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Hey man, I'm wanna call because we're heading to the Houston Car Show.
Speaker 3: Oh really where you're coming from?
Speaker 12: We're coming from Lincoln, Nebraska and me and my wife and my three kids.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah, that's like what a twenty hour drive?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yeahs like fifteen. But we have a baby, so it's gonna take us a little longer.
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I can't wait to see my car show goes down this Sunday fora this day weekend and yeah, come on out.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be old cause new calls.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have some calls from Dolph, We're gonna have calls from fifty, myself, Trey gonna be and a host of o. This is gonna be a lot of fun kids five and under a free There's gonna be amusement rides and games for the kids. It's gonna be a big family fun day. And you got every day straight. You got your tickets and everything.
Speaker 12: No, I haven't got the ticket. I was gonna get them when I get down there, just because I am scared because, like I said, we're trying with the baby. So I'm like, I don't know, we're gonna have to stop a little bit more. So we're gonna try to make it there on time.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 3: It's Sunday, It's Sunday and today Thursday. You got enough time to get there. Just take your time.
Speaker 12: A sipp there.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what you hold on. I got some tickets to you since you driving that far.
Speaker 12: Awesome man, I appreciate it. You want to say something real quick?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, brother, do you want.
Speaker 12: To say Charloman is just mad at you because he can't reach the hair product. It's the short but he's always like pounding on you. But he just hated on you djirst of all.
Speaker 1: All I can, I can. I can go buy paint from any hardware store.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do not have to hate on dj nb's hair product. I can go get black paint from any head. If he's a hated hardware store and slather it all over my face, he's a hater.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you you. I appreciate you, and I see you at the car sre hold on it. I'm gonna get.
Speaker 6: All your information, all right, thank you man?
Speaker 3: All right, bro Jina, good morning, get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: Good mornings. I just wanted to chime in on the whole female minister Tash is always talking about. I am currently an ordained minister, and I'm a military chaplain and I think it's ridiculous that people are still holding on to old, outdated beliefs that aren't helping progress the church at all. Like, the more they refuse and the more they fight against women being pastors, the more people are not going to want to continue into organized religion. They're going to continue to do what they're doing now, and it's not going to help, especially if they're trying to build a church when they're also hittering it.
Speaker 4: At the same time, I wonder do.
Speaker 1: We still need organized religion, because I mean, I like, I think that more people are spiritual more than a religious nowadays. And I think that if we have places of worship where we just choose to gather and hear a good word, they don't have to be under the gods or organized religion. Like I love Bishop TDJS, I love Sarah J. Roberts, I love tuning into the pot of House, you know what I mean. But I don't consider myself, you know, a part of any organized religion.
Speaker 16: And I think, yeah, organized religion for some is what they prefer.
Speaker 10: Because of the structure, and some people just like that.
Speaker 16: But then on the other hand, who are like a lot of the newer generation that's coming around. Yeah, struct structural religion is not the best option because that's just not for that generation. Now, my grandmother's generation, structuralized religion is something that's right upper alleys away. You know, it was a lifestyle growing up. But as you know, my age, my generation and thereafter.
Speaker 1: They're more free.
Speaker 16: They're more free will they're more vocal. You know, they're not afraid to stand up and say no, this isn't right. And some people just aren't willing to understand that and wanting to understand that. Yeah, women can preach and pastor and some can do it better than them, but it's okay, it's nothing wrong with.
Speaker 1: It one hundred percent. And you know what else is crazy to man? Like the older you get, you just start to see so many contradictions in the Bible, right, you know what I mean? And there's just so many things in the Bible that just don't naturally agree with with your spirit, Like you just knt read it and be like that's not right.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need this zn to hit us up, will we come back a boosy? Well, he had to go to court and San Diego for that gun charge, but he got arrested. We will tell you all about it when we come back as the Breakfast Club. The morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: All right, morning everybody, it's dj n V Charlamagne de God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the roomors, let's talk Boosy badass.
Speaker 1: Name or you've gossip?
Speaker 7: Been you chatting?
Speaker 3: This is the Ruber report. I mean, I guess were on the Breakfast Club. This is were the tea spells right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now, Boosie was in San Diego. He had a court case about a gun charge he got back in May.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: As he was there, the state wound up dropping the charges. The case was dismissed. But when he walked outside, they said federal agents arrested him right as he walked out of the court.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 2: Now they're not saying why. They're not giving any information at all. They just know he was picked up yesterday and Boosy left a message on his social media. He said, I want to take this time to apologize to my kids. I'm sorry and I love y'all forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what Boozy did, but I know when the FEDS grab you for whatever reason, it's not a good thing ever, And I feel like somebody in the fedge wants to test Boosy and see if he snitches. Like I feel like someone in the FED has been watching his black TV interviews, watching them on social media, and now they're gonna test him to see if they can break him.
Speaker 2: They didn't give him no bond, right, no no bond as yet. We haven't really heard much information as yet, so it's the charge. Nobody knows. They haven't said anything.
Speaker 1: The state dropped the gun charge and then the Fed's picked the gun charge up.
Speaker 3: I don't like they're not saying anything. They're just saying the state dropped the gun charge.
Speaker 2: Just charges were dismissed and he was just walking out and Feds picked him up and FEED picked him up.
Speaker 3: They're not saying what it was for interesting, no line, no no information online.
Speaker 2: Now Gunna announces his first project since jail is called A Gift and a Curse and it's coming out this Friday, June sixteenth.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: The album? A song album, full album? He just gonna drop on a Friday, Just drop on a Friday and the gun. I think you need a rollout that gun like. I think he's gonna need a little rollout rollout, like gonna need to sit down and have at least a conversation with somebody.
Speaker 2: Maybe, or I mean they're saying that his uh, the last single was doing pretty good, so maybe he's just put it out and see what the fans like. Yeah, because it gives to you know, it gives people too much time to say you did this, you did that, but you know, just put it out and let the music talk for to.
Speaker 1: What the reality is. Most of the people online saying that he's a snitch, they're not even in the streets no way, So they're gonna listen to the music just to listen to the music, you know. But that's why I still think he needs to have a proper roll out as an artist. We were just having this conversation about how what the Billboard said hip hop, no hip hop album, no hip hop single, yep, it's number one has been number one this year. It's because of stuff like this, like what is gonna just drop in an album tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I think he's testing the water to see if people effort with him or not. And I think he just wants to speak to his music. He doesn't want to do interviews. I'm sure so he's just probably you know, doing his interviews and saying what he has to say through his mission. Artists need to get back to doing they traditional But I understand why why they did this with Gonna.
Speaker 1: I don't like he definitely needs a roll out. He definitely needed.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna speak.
Speaker 1: That's not what the internet says. Then that's all he's been doing is talking.
Speaker 2: This is predicament. Even now, shut up, what are you talking about it? You're not paying attention. He's not gonna do an interview, That's what I mean. I had said he already did. Andrew Cat's say I'm not okay now. Sukihanna nyk oh Cyrus, Well, it seems like yesterday she uh deactivated her Twitter. This is after posting I am hurt and I am scared to stand up for myself. She says, I drink to hide that I'm very I'm very sensitive. I feel things more than the average person. I stopped drinking yesterday, but today I've been crying all day. I asked God to strengthen me and use me to help others and to order to steps in his words, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Then she says, I just want to go away for a while.
Speaker 2: Now this comes after yko Cyrus was forcifately trying to kiss her. All right, well, he apologized yesterday he left the statement It said, I want to publicly offer my sincerius apologies to Sukihannah and its attempts to be playful. I misread the moment and violated Sukihana's boundaries. I understand the importance of consent, and I am embarrassed by my behavior. I take full responsibilit and have made multiple attempts to apologize. I have the utmost admiration for Sukiana and was never my intention to disrespect her.
Speaker 1: I wonder why why ko Cyrus doesn't know any better? Like I understand, he's twenty four years old, and I know we didn't know any better when we were that age because we was raised wrong and we thought we was in the nothing with a g thing video every day. But there's absolutely no reason for a man in twenty twenty three I would think to be making those kind of mistakes. That's why I threw the the what if scenario out there yesterday that maybe they know each other and correct have a relationship, because I'm like, there's no possible way someone would do that to a woman they don't have some history. But clearly my hypothetical wasn't accurate, so it was off. Yeah, so we're gonna need a why Ko sirus to come to the front of the congregation this morning. Yeah, we gotta have a word with the young man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A longer clip was released yesterday with them going back and forth. But you know, if Suki honest is no, it's no, as regardless, it doesn't matter how much we how much we're going back and forth. If she says no, it's no. Now, meek mil jumped in and said, don't do this to him. Please hear a good kid him up and he gotta let you. I guess have something we don't need our young boys tore down for mistake in this hyper sexual error. I support Suki hold that ish down on some street.
Speaker 6: Ish.
Speaker 1: I understand what me saying, but you still gotta you know, yeah, I still got to show the young man the error in his waist, correct, you know what I mean? I think that's all people are trying to do, Like they're just trying to show him the error in his ways because they don't want this to happen to Sukiyana or anybody else, or him to.
Speaker 2: Do it again or think he could get away with it. So he has to fry and not fry, you know, and when I don't mean fry, like cancel him. But we need to have these conversations. He cannot just walk away without having a conversation. And he did, and he did the honorable thing. He did say, he apologized, he did it early, he did it fast. But we still need to have these conversations to make sure women are protected and people don't go through this again.
Speaker 3: That's what I meant by you know.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting though, back in the day, right when we were that age, and like you know, we had all of these images whether it was like I said, nothing but the g thing videos or the the freaking whatever it was that we used to see that used to you know, push this kind of behavior. We had OG's around us telling us it was wrong too. We just weren't listening when to see the laws, Tuckers and everybody was out here saying, like yo, that behavior is not right, that behavior is wrong. You know, we were telling them shut that up. That's true, you know. So now we are those older people telling this generation that's not how you're supposed to see.
Speaker 2: But the only difference is, you know, y k O. Sorrus, he's a good he's a good kid, right. I've sat with him before, I spoke to him before, I've been in clubs with him before.
Speaker 14: I I don't know.
Speaker 2: And uh, the young man made a horrible mistake. But like you said, back in the early days, there was no social media. So if you didn't make a mistake, the mistake was made. You what your hand was popped, you had that conversation, you were able to have some type of empathy. There is no empathy now because it keeps going around and around and around and around, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we also had a lot of music videos that were teaching us that inappropriate behavior. And you know, we didn't know true, it wasn't We didn't know it was inappropriate.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 3: We just thought it was normal, right, you know. Yeah, But with that phone, there is no making a mistake anymore, not.
Speaker 1: Even that phone. With all the information. You shouldn't know better, You shouldn't you should know what.
Speaker 2: You should better regardless no matter what what video is on, your parents teat you a certain way. You shouldn't be trying to look at a Snoop Dogg video or a big pimping video to realize it's true.
Speaker 1: But we did emulate that kind of stuff. Come on, some people did. I never did.
Speaker 15: I never.
Speaker 3: I never slapped a chick on ass at freaknick or any of those things.
Speaker 2: I never did because my parents raised me a certain way, regardless of what I seen on video, what I seen on certain things.
Speaker 1: Why are you always molested me in him? Why are you always trying to slap smack my ass? Why are you always trying to hug me from the back? Why do I have to have a don't play gay bill in this studio? Why do I have to set boundaries with you?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: You never said no, wow, wow, I have no you have time, you have red red cap Wow, I'm all alone?
Speaker 1: Wow see wow?
Speaker 3: All right, well that is your.
Speaker 1: Room, really think? I'm sure atte with the good bookie, with the bookie. That's what y'all thinking? All right?
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got front page news, tesslim Figureos joining us.
Speaker 3: They don't move. It's to breakfast club Good morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Your mornings will never be the same work y'all. As DJ Envy.
Speaker 2: At special sneak previews across the country, audiences are discovering the Flash tonight. See why people are calling it absolutely sensational. The Flash Tonight only in theaters rated PG thirteen may be inappropriate for children under thirteen. Morning, everybody is DJ Envy Charlemagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get in some front page news. Tesslim figureoes back with us.
Speaker 5: Come morning, test Absolutely good morning djmvs Charlemagne.
Speaker 2: He said, Now let's talk about these drunk drivers having to pay child support.
Speaker 3: I think I like this.
Speaker 4: I think you'll like this one.
Speaker 5: People convicted of intoxication manslaughter in Texas will now have to pay money to support the victim's children. Assigned into law by Governor Grid Abbott on June tewod, the person convicted will essentially pay child support in the form of monthly payments to fulfill the financial needs and resources of all of the surviving children until they turn eighteen and graduate from high school.
Speaker 4: A version of the law was first.
Speaker 5: Introduced in Missouri after a woman lost her thirty year old son to a junk driving incident and was left to care for his two children. Payments will begin a year after the person is convicted in their release from prison, and this particular law goes into effect September first, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 7: I like this. I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean the fact that a drunk driver takes away a parent, a mother, a father, and now that that child has to fend for himself. Yeah, they should have to pay child support, make sure that child is good, that family's good until the eighteen I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. If prison are not scaring people then hitting them in the pockets, well, the only thing I would say about this is what about the people who don't have anything to lose and the people who don't have any money? You know what I mean, the people who don't care they're drinking because you know they already hit rock bottom, right, you know what about them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they still gotta pay somehow. I mean, they still should have to go to jail, but when whatever they make, they should go to that that family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Texas has some of the harshest drunk driving laws in the country, So if that's not the tern them, this is just one more additional thing, you know, to your point. You know, Charlotte, somebody's having a problem. You know, they're just having a problem. But Texas just want to point that out. They do have some of the most harshest penalties in the country, so they wanted to add this on to it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to do something to slow down drunk drivers. I'm hearing more and more and more cases of people crashing, people getting duy.
Speaker 3: So it's getting.
Speaker 1: Which makes no sense in twenty twenty three when we are in the ride share era, correct, like, how many highways, the dieways, the choices yours commercials do we have to see?
Speaker 3: I'm with you. Now, let's talk about AI.
Speaker 2: They're saying AI can help improve breast cancer risk predictions.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: A new study is showing yet another way that artificial intelligence is entering the medical field and potentially improving existing practices for predicting breast cancer risks. The study found that AI algorithms outperform the standard clinical risk model for predicting the five year risks of breast cancer by providing the ability to extract hundreds of thousands of additional mammographic features. While some institutions are already using AI to help detect cancer on mammograms. These findings suggests AI can be a vital tool in helping a patient's future risk or which takes seconds for AI to generate.
Speaker 4: They say that this tool will be able.
Speaker 5: To help personalize precision medicine on a national level, which is currently not available. So I wanted to pull this story because I know how you guys feel about AI. I know we talked before about you know, what can it do in the medical field, and wanted to see, you know, what are your thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with AI if it can improve you know, medical situations. I mean, I've had conversations with people before and they say that's the only benefit they actually see the AI. The things that it will probably be able to do in regard to the science and medicine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with it.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with AI when when it saves lives, when it helps the world something like this, If it can improve breast cancer risk predictions, things.
Speaker 3: Like that, I don't have a problem with AI.
Speaker 2: It's just when when they use other people's voices, other people's thoughts, when it takes jobs away from people that we can't do.
Speaker 3: That's when I have the problem an issue, And.
Speaker 4: Again there's pros and cons to it.
Speaker 5: You know, I've looked at a lot of stories where you know, AI is not getting it right in the medical field.
Speaker 4: I think we talked about it once before.
Speaker 5: You know, we're trying to replace you know, doctors are giving advice or you know those types of things mental health, you know, talking to an AI computer and you know how how is that, you know, making sure they give the right advice. So it's a slippery slope, you know, again, pros and cons and just continue to see how this AI continues to develop and doing your research.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess time will have to tell because I mean it's fairly new. You know, people say things like, you know AI will help, you know, to make the healthcare system more efficient and less expensive. But we'll see.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is front page news. Thank you, taz Oh.
Speaker 5: Can I give a quick shout out, Yes, yesterday I went and talked to our comment caucuses is what I like to call him, on YouTube, and so it was great. We had over maybe almost fifteen hundred people that joined me on the Breakfast Club YouTube channel and we talked about the news and you know, went back and forth.
Speaker 4: We had a really good time.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, well too, and make sure you subscribed to Tesling Figureos podcast. It's a great shot. No chase the podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network.
Speaker 2: All right, now, when we come back, Terrence Crawford will be joining us of course, boxer. He's fighting Aero Spence Junior July twenty ninth on Showtime and we're gonna kick it with him next it don't move. It's to Breakfast Club on v ET The Breakfast Club quite goes down July twenty ninth.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you think it's gonna be your toughest fight?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 17: A lot of people ask me that every time I fight. I don't know until I get in the ring with him.
Speaker 3: How do you prepare for this fight?
Speaker 2: Are you prepare the same way or is there any different preparation for this one than any of the other fights that you've had.
Speaker 17: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just keep doing what I've been doing and everything else that players self out.
Speaker 1: You got to make some adjustments though. This is this is Earl Spencer we talking about. This is this ain't no, just just the guy that you had picked over there, picked him over. I remember, I remember, I don't. I don't forget I got you got her, not because you're not great. I just think you know fights. I think I think I forgot it.
Speaker 6: Definitely.
Speaker 1: You feel pressure going into this fight.
Speaker 17: Not at all, not at all. This is my moment, this is my time, this is what I've been waiting for in the world. Gonna see July twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: I always talk about, you know, nowadays it feels like everybody wants to be undefeated, right, does that put more pressure on you? Because I think Floyd kind of did it with his fifty and no. But back then, you lose a fight, it was fine, I see you in the rematch and it was okay.
Speaker 1: It wasn't cool.
Speaker 2: But now it's he was like, when you lose a fight, now everybody's like, oh, it's watched, it's over.
Speaker 17: I don't think I never felt any pressure. I put my O on the line numerous of times with whoever they put in front of me. I called out the best fighters and each division that I've ever been in, Floyd have made it kind of hard for people to take a loss. And keep going because so many people want to be like Floyd, and so many people was attracted to Floyd and follow Floyd's career, and they felt as if you wasn't like Floyd, then you wasn't that that guy.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 17: But people lose, people come back, styles make fights, like he said, and things happen. I never thought that a loss can define a fighter in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, Floyd's one of the best ever do it. But why just look at Floyd? Why people don't look at Ali? You know, Lennux Lou All these have lost sugar, Like Tommy hearn They've all.
Speaker 17: Lost because times has changed and social media have took an over. So when Tommy Hearns and Ali and all those great fighters that came before us, they didn't have to deal with the politics, they didn't have to deal with social media slandering them man doing this and doing that to impress people.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of different.
Speaker 2: You feel like you don't get the respect that you deserve when it comes to a lot of these fights, like even with you know, Charlamagne saying he thinks Arrow's gonna beat you, Like, do you feel like a lot of.
Speaker 1: This it's just boxing. It's just boxing. At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Don't back down.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm not got You're gonna lose, definitely.
Speaker 3: But do you feel like you don't get the respect that you deserve?
Speaker 6: Always?
Speaker 1: Always?
Speaker 6: Why is that?
Speaker 17: But how great I am? I look at all the great fighters that came before me. None of them got their respect until a they lost or they retired. Nobody gave Floyd his respect until he retired, then they realized how great he was. A lot of people didn't give Ali his respect. A lot of people didn't give Roy Jones his respect until they lost or they retired. Why the lost part, I don't know, because I guess when one has lost or took in defeat to another great fighter, they feel as if this fighter is not invincible, so they can feel as if he's on the level. Now, well, we brought him down to earth. Now we can laugh at him. Now we can praise him for all the good things that he's done.
Speaker 1: Oh I guess, earl. Earl said your record was inflated. What is that word inflated?
Speaker 17: Well, listen, he can say all those type of things, but when you look at who I fought and who he fought, and you look at what I've done to him.
Speaker 6: You know it's no comparison.
Speaker 1: Did you I think I pronounced his name right? Did he beat you in amages? Your guinness Yugas Ugus? Yeah, he beat me and the amateurs, and then Earl stopped him in the tenth round when they fought. So Ugus said, there's no way you can beat Earl if Earl fights you the way he fought him. So does it matter if he beat someone who defeated you.
Speaker 17: Never listen, You're talking about a fight that happened when I was eighteen years old.
Speaker 6: I was a little kid. I was a little boy.
Speaker 17: You know that same little boy is no way shape form fashion the same little boy, you know what I mean? The grown man that I am today. When I fought Ugust, I probably had like forty fights. Ugust probably had hundreds, coming from Cuba, and you know they fighting all the national I mean international tournaments, national tournaments all that, you know, So he had more experience at the time. So I wouldn't base him beat me at eighteen on a professional fight.
Speaker 6: We don't have no headgirl on.
Speaker 17: We're fighting with smaller gloves, were fighting longer rounds. Longer minutes in the rounds. So it's a lot of things that goes into fighting an amateur fight and fighting a professional fight. So a lot of people say, oh, well you lost to Ugis and this and that. A lot of people lost to a lot of people in the amateurs, and look what happened in the profession franking a lot of people to say, oh, with Terrence, you lost to this guy, you lost to that guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, well all the guys that I lost to.
Speaker 17: When the amateurs compare their career and professional to my career, not real.
Speaker 1: What did you learn from those losses that you were able to take your professional career that kept you, has kept you undefeated.
Speaker 6: Well, a lot of things.
Speaker 17: I learned how to cope with certain styles. I learned how to capitalize on the things that I was doing wrong. So you just go back to the drawing board and fix the problem that that you had that led you to get the loss. You got to learn from it. And I felt like I learned from all my losses. I got stronger, I got wiser, I got more experience that led me to be the person that I am today in a professional ranking.
Speaker 1: Did you watch this the fight between Spenson Yugas, of course, and what did you think about it? It was a good fight. Errol did good, Ugus did good, and.
Speaker 6: It was a good fight.
Speaker 3: That fight was what twenty twenty one?
Speaker 1: I thought it was last year.
Speaker 2: Now he has important in over a years or does that give you the advantage of disadvantage? What's your thoughts to now?
Speaker 6: I don't even look at that like that.
Speaker 17: You know, he came off a longer layoff prior to that, been in a car accident, and he came back and he looked too strong. He looked a good So I'm not banking on him not being in the ring for him to come rusty or anything. He's a professional, you know how to fight, So come fighting out. He'll be ready, just like I will.
Speaker 2: All right when we come back. We got more with Terrence Crawfit. His fight with Ero Spence goes down July twenty ninth on Showtime.
Speaker 3: So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning when everybody's DJ M and D Charlomagne. God, we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with box of Terrence Crawfit.
Speaker 2: He's fighting Ero Spence July twenty ninth on showtime, Charlomagne.
Speaker 1: Is it better to be an independent promoter or to be assigned in one of these He's company.
Speaker 17: Well, in my situation, is better for me to be independent. I get the control my own destiny. I get to control my own faith and the rest it's uphill for me.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why the promoters don't want to make the best fights, like this is the this is the fight. We all want to see. This the fight that's gonna make the money. So what kept him from just making this fight?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 17: Politics, you got you got two sides that that's powerhouses and you and neither side want to give in to the other side. Business Wise, it's better for me to do business in the house than outsource and have to share.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like a greed thing.
Speaker 2: And how draining is is it doing all these interviews and pressed things when you gotta fight coming up and you gotta train. How draining is that because you gotta fly and go here, and I even know Erro was supposed to come up here this morning, but you know his flight was delayed.
Speaker 3: How draining is that physically and mentally for you?
Speaker 17: Well, it's part of it's part of the game. As long as I get to get up early. I got to get up earlier, work out, come here, do this, do my other interviews, and hit the road, get back to training. Training never stops. We just got to alter a little bit.
Speaker 1: Do you have a remats clause in the contract?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, are you gonna exercise it?
Speaker 6: Need try to be.
Speaker 1: They have one, but no, No, I feel like this is gonna be one of those moments in time where y'all do fight more than once. I don't know if it's gonna be a trilogy, but definitely at least twice.
Speaker 17: I think so could be never know, maybe something dramatic happened in the first fight where he don't he don't want.
Speaker 1: Know if that happens. Let's say you wouldn't decisively right Let's say if it happens, would you retire?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I don't think there's a need for me to retire right now when I want to fight Jamel.
Speaker 3: Charlie, why you Why would you say retired?
Speaker 1: I mean because this is the fight, Like you know, this is the fight. This is the fight that if whoever wins this is probably gonna end up being the number one found a found in the sport.
Speaker 6: I would think, right, probably it will be will be, yeah, it will be like.
Speaker 1: You want all those I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the fight over the weekend when mayweathern got What was your thoughts on that fight?
Speaker 17: I didn't actually see the whole fight, but I've seen highlights of the fight. In the incident, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: You look at Mayweather and be like, damn, in his age, he still got it.
Speaker 2: Definitely, He's still moving the slide and even when he was being attacked in that ring, he still kept his composure.
Speaker 17: It's still socked on me. Man, that right hand made God. He changed the subject. He was looking for somebody that stepped in the middle. But it's cool, though, Man, it's all for entertainment. And I don't know what led that incident happened, but you know it happened.
Speaker 1: And do you seek advice from guys like Maywether because you know he was an independent promoter and talked to him just about that and box and nothing.
Speaker 17: Oh No, with me and Mayweather talk, it's more like how you doing, how the family everything going, how you feeling good?
Speaker 6: Stay focused? Stuff like that.
Speaker 17: You know, I look up to Mayweather He's been one of my favorite fighters since I can remember him.
Speaker 6: And Roy Jones Jr.
Speaker 17: Yeah, like I admire his worst ethic and everything that he's done in the support.
Speaker 1: What boxer gives you the best advice?
Speaker 17: Will boxer give me the best advice? Or on just a general box man? A lot of boxers, you know. I can say my coach, I can say, my brothers, say my friends. I take a lot from you know, a lot of people, you know, because you can learn something from everybody, not just people that you think is on a higher platform or on a bigger stage than you. If I can seek advice from anybody, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Always. Wonder when fighters get in the ring, do they do they take past fights with them or do you just whatever happened in the old fights you just leave them there? Like is every fight a new thing for me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Every fighter is a new thing, And that's how I try to go in training camp with a clear head. My coaches they train me to the best of my ability and make sure that if we had any mishaps or mess ups in a previous fighter, that we capitalize on that and we fix the problem.
Speaker 6: That's pretty much how we go into camp.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to know when when a boxer picks a fight, right, you know, any any good boxes, they gonna analyze your tape, analyze every fight that you do and watch you. You know, because we all have You know, we're a habit, right, You have a habit of doing certain things? Do you how much do you change to make sure that they don't study that habit?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 17: My thing is I'm so versatile and elusive that I can capitalize on anything my opponent's ever done in the ring. And I think that's why I rate myself so high higher than other fighters, because you can fix one problem, but the more the fight goes, I'm experiencing enough to recognize another problem. I think that's why I rate myself high as I do.
Speaker 3: Who is your toughestupponment that the opponent that you've had so far to.
Speaker 1: Do from Lithuania. I can't pronounce his name, Cavalasas whatever. Yeah, when they say the one they say might have knocked you down, I don't.
Speaker 7: Know if he was.
Speaker 17: I would say the hardest fight in my career it would have to be between Vegas and in Gamboa. Wow, Gamboa feet was just so fast and he was, and he was so small to where he was darting in and darting out, and he was hitting me and making me miss just just by inch. It was kind of like I had to I had to make certain adjustments, and he was making adjustments and I was making adjustments, and it was just like it was a chess match, but it was a fast chess match, and he was getting it better at me because he was more experienced, but at the same time he was more explosive. So I just had to, you know, figure figure out the puzzle a little longer.
Speaker 2: What stops you for being frustrated in that ring because most people you know watching that fight would probably been frustrated and probably would have, you know, left the hand down, left the chin available. So what makes you not get frustrated and calm down and relax at you because you see it all the time. When you look at boxes in the ring, they're not listening to the coach. You could tell that their mind is on something else.
Speaker 1: Your demeaning of a change. It never changes at all, just like right now, it don't change.
Speaker 17: No, it's just you know, I think, like I said, the experience, I've seen it all I've been in the ring with it all.
Speaker 6: I know what to do and I know what I have to do.
Speaker 17: So when I get in those tough moments and those tough times and those tough rounds, I know, keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 6: It all playing out.
Speaker 17: You know, you just got to stay true to yourself, fight your fight. If one thing ain't working, you got to resort to something else. Try something else. You can't just stick to the same thing. If it ain't working, then try something else. You got twelve rounds to do it. If you don't, then you'll be banging your head on the table, like, why didn't I do this? Why didn't I try this? You already getting hit. I try to do something different.
Speaker 1: But if you had, if you have a whole game plan that you worked on through training camp, do you just abandon that.
Speaker 17: It can't just have on game plan or got to have multiple You know what happened. If that one game plan don't work, then what you're gonna do. You're gonna be stuck in that one mode trying to do the same thing that ain't been working for the last tear round. Then you're gonna be that spirit banking on the knockout, swinging for the fences, and that's how people get hurt.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we got more with Terrence Crawfit, his fight with Erow Spence goes down. July twenty ninth on Showtime. So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's thej n V. Charlomagne, the gud we are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with box of Terrence Crawfit. He's fighting Aero Spence. July twenty ninth on Showtime, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: When you say you fixed fix your problems, what problems did you fix after the game?
Speaker 3: Boll, I don't know.
Speaker 6: You can't, okay, I ain't giving you too much.
Speaker 1: What letway do you do? You do you feel like that was a knockdown?
Speaker 6: No, I don't.
Speaker 17: I feel as if you pushed me as you as you could see. You know, as soon as the ref said fight, I step right to him. You know, he's very strong, very strong, explosive, good fighter, technical.
Speaker 6: You know, that's a fight that you could say.
Speaker 17: I wasn't listening to my my coaches in my corner, and I was more emotional in that fight because I felt as if I had something to prove. I went in there looking for the knockout. I didn't want to box. I didn't want to use my skills. I just want to, you know, fight. That's what happens when you go in there and fight the wrong fight.
Speaker 2: What's gonna stop you from doing at this time? You can't do that again because you want because I know you want to prove yourself. I know you want to knock knock out.
Speaker 1: You can't. He's big, he's naturally bigger than you.
Speaker 17: He's strong, he's the big guy. He's the big bad wolf. I didn't heard at all. He's strong, he's this, he's that.
Speaker 6: He's this that. So can he get hurt?
Speaker 17: Hey, you're the man, So what's going to stop him from banging with me?
Speaker 1: I'm not a culture in your corner, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't suggest you bang with him.
Speaker 8: Why.
Speaker 3: I think I think he's trying to say it's not as powerful.
Speaker 1: We're trying to say.
Speaker 6: What you're trying to say.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to say, You're trying to say, he's not as powerful.
Speaker 1: He's as strong as what. Clearly, to be clear, Aran Prophet is amazing.
Speaker 3: We know that what he does what you say.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is why do you view that?
Speaker 7: And how do you know?
Speaker 1: I don't what makes you?
Speaker 6: What makes you? What makes you think that?
Speaker 1: Probably the size? Yeah, I don't know if you can hurt him, that is what I'm saying. I've seen you hurt people before. I don't know if you can hurt somebody in side.
Speaker 6: Did he get hurt his last fight?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 17: Do you think I hear harder than his last opponent?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, case clok.
Speaker 3: But you got to get to him though, So you're saying this man can't get to him. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you got to get to him. You got to get in there to do it.
Speaker 17: Okay, Well, getting in there is the get between the ropes, right, and we're in there, right, it's gonna be a great fight.
Speaker 3: So when you speak to people like that, right, what stops you from saying you're not getting emotion?
Speaker 2: Be like, you know what, trying something, Because obviously there's a lot of people like Charlamage that that feels.
Speaker 1: It's not that's not no, it's no, it's not act like he's an underdog. He is kind of an underdog. The way you're talking, I think it's about I think people think it could go either way. This is this My man Red as a great boxing guy. He says, you win, no problem. My bother says you win no problem either. The bigs I've been having since the fights.
Speaker 3: But Charloam Maine.
Speaker 1: Don't feel that way.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 17: Listen, that's his opinion. You know when people have an opinion, it's like a sohole. Everybody got one.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely true.
Speaker 6: That is true.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about how you would deal with a loss in case it does happen?
Speaker 6: No, I don't.
Speaker 17: I don't think about them things like that. You know, my mind is just clear.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: Things happen.
Speaker 17: They happen, you know. But we're preparing for the victory.
Speaker 6: That's it. Ain't no, you're gonna lose. We don't think.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with You're going to ask have you prepared for a loss?
Speaker 1: Of you what kind of That's the same question that you kind of asked, what the having the zero record? Like, you know, some people lose, some people don't. So if you do lose, have you thought about how you prepare for that?
Speaker 6: We don't prepare for.
Speaker 2: That Now, for a young boxer out there or somebody that doesn't know, what is your daily routine and training?
Speaker 3: What does that deal with?
Speaker 2: Because most people just see the finished product, right, they see y'all boxing. They don't know how much training it actually takes.
Speaker 3: So what is it?
Speaker 7: A day by day?
Speaker 3: With Terrence Craft?
Speaker 6: It look like work, work, work, work, work work.
Speaker 17: What time you get up usually it depends. Sometimes we get up at five, Sometimes we get up at six.
Speaker 3: You run, you ride bikes, you go straight to the gym, you box, We do it all.
Speaker 6: We do it all.
Speaker 17: It depends on the day, depends on how my body feeling, depends on the weather, depends on a lot of things that I can't control. So as long as we getting the work done, that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Another question most people ask is when it comes to having sex before the fight? Oh my god, how long do you abstain from having sex? Everybody keeping because it's people always want to know that.
Speaker 1: Man, And it ain't no women asking you that. You ever think that's crazy? Right? Exactly?
Speaker 17: Hey, listen, man, I don't know about other people, but it relaxes me. That's something that I've been doing my whole career.
Speaker 1: So you ain't stated it is what it is.
Speaker 17: It is what it is me personally. I know it's a myth, you know. But I wouldn't tell anybody else to go out there and try to be like Terrence Crawford because they heard Terrence Crawford say, oh man, you can have sex and they don't do nothing to you. I'm just saying for me, it never affected.
Speaker 1: Me regards how his fight goals. Would you would you ever give somebody like like Boots to shot and ring a young boy liked it?
Speaker 17: Listen, listen, I'm open for for all of them. Like I said, I never turned down to fight in my whole career, never duck dodged, walked away and ran from nobody. Every person that the media have put and said Terrence you need to fight him, or Terrence, he's chasing you.
Speaker 6: I fought him.
Speaker 17: If you can go back to when I fought Darry Jean when he was talking crazy to me and Hank Lundy, when everybody was saying, oh, you need to fight Hank, you need to do this, you need to do that. I didn't fought them all.
Speaker 1: What would be the benefit of a og like you giving somebody like a bouta shot.
Speaker 17: Just to satisfy the fan. That's it, because he's an up and comer. He doesn't have anything to offer, nothing at all. But it would just be some for you guys, just an exciting fight.
Speaker 1: Would you ever fight Yugus again and the pros just.
Speaker 7: To do it for?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 6: Where would I be getting out of it?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 17: At this stage of my career, I'm looking for things that benefit. When I fought Ugus, he was undefeated, he was top contender, Olympian, he had all the accolade. After I beat him, everybody was slander during them all. He green machine.
Speaker 6: He did see that.
Speaker 17: He fight a guy that nobody knows. Just because you didn't know him, that don't mean that he wasn't a good fighter. Just because you don't know him, that doesn't mean that you know. He deserved to be where he was because he was my mandatory. Just like when I just fought Avenetian. He was ranked number six in the division. But everybody was mad that I took that fight because things wasn't right with the aerol spence and my negotiation. So people is mad, can't get mad. Things didn't happen for a reason. But now we hear everybody got to fight that they wanted in July twenty ninth. We're gonna go out there and put on the show.
Speaker 1: Earl. I think it was against you.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 1: He did get hurt a little bit, but he still stopped him in the ten front. But you could still hurt him, still get stopped. I'm just saying. I'm just saying, I look for I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 18: Though.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be there.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna be there.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, you did all that talking years ago and you ain't gonna beat there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna be watching it from home. I know how you guys from home omahagged down. I want to watch the fighting piece, you know, but we appreciate.
Speaker 3: You for joys. W what's the last time I get a civilian and shut up right now?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 6: Nah, we don't do that. We don't do that.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Just making sure all respect for terrors. Probably just talking boxing. It's just like picking up picking a sporting event. It is picking the winner that you said. You you know, I'm not sure if you could bang, how hearty can here? That's what I said. There's probably ten other people you can name. I'll pick but over. But it's it's a different type of animals. All I'm saying, do you rise to the level of your competition?
Speaker 6: Do I Have you watched my career?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's your answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, one time you lose jab just shut up?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Is Terrece Crawford.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, don't forget to tune.
Speaker 3: In and get your paper if you July twenty ninth, and we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 1: One because you think about stuff like pay per view numbers that you can't I can't.
Speaker 6: That's all of my control.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know, you got people that have the WAB site to steal the fights and stuff like that, and stuff that you can't control.
Speaker 6: You just go in there and focus on things that you can control.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like that's become a thing now, like that's become a stat that people brag about now fighters like who cares well if your your pockets of course?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Yeah, well listen, you know, the bigger than numbers, the bigger you know you you become or that's why Floyd was money made weather because of the numbers that he was producing.
Speaker 6: That's why everybody wants to fight him.
Speaker 17: That's why every time he stepped foot in the ring, he demanded what he demanded because he knew what he was gonna draw.
Speaker 6: So yeah, absolutely, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well there you have it.
Speaker 2: It's Terrence Crawl for good luck on your fight. July twenty ninth. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, owning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's stej n V.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the roomors, let's talk, Samuel L.
Speaker 1: Jackson or you gossip been on you chatting?
Speaker 3: This is the rumor report. I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This where the tea spells.
Speaker 6: Right right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now, shout out to our brother Sway Now. Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson was doing an interview on Sway and talks about the time his wife checked Tupac.
Speaker 9: I remember the one specific story My wife was on that film. She was she was the chubby kids mom. And I guess Pat was walking through a room today and he was cussing somebody up. My wife like grabbed him. It was like, young man, you see all these women sitting in here.
Speaker 1: You can't be in here cursing blah blah, blah, and everybody in the room was like, And he looked at her and I was like, I'm sorry, man. Everybody in the rooms like, do you know that was?
Speaker 9: She was like, no, I have no idea who he was, but he shouldn't have been cursing in rount of all these women in this room.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 9: And from that point on, every time he saw her, he was like, hey, mom, how you doing, blah blah blah. You know, as much as everybody puts Pac in that whole, you know, rapping world, he did go to a perform in our school.
Speaker 1: He understand the you know, the business of acting. What's going on?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: That was Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson talking about it at the time. His wife checked Tupacs card that was on the set of Juice.
Speaker 1: No no, no, ol G black woman. They don't give a damn who you are. They don't give a damn who you are, what you do, how much money you got. If you ain't moving accordingly, you're gonna get snatched up, period, bottom line, point blank.
Speaker 3: That's how it should be, right, That's that's how it should be.
Speaker 1: We need more of that. We definitely need more of that in the community. I don't I don't know what we gotta do, uh for I guess that's the way people learn. Yes, you know what I'm saying. It takes a village. That's I mean, that's how a lot of us were raised. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It will get something wrong on the block or wherever you are, somebody screaming at you and then told your mama, you know what, dropping the clues.
Speaker 1: Bomb from Miss Provard. I love Miss Provard. What did she do? She used to snatch me up all the time? Little more shut up. She actually sent me a message yesterday and it was a it was a meme that said, what did they say? It's said, Oh, shout out to everyone who had report called growing up that Red talks too much and she puts sounds familiar. I love you, mister b.
Speaker 2: All right, now we got to talk pat say Jackie and now so Monday that he plans on retiring. He was the host of the longest running game show at the end of the forty first season. He's still going to stay on as a consultant, but it seems like Whoopy Goldberg reveals that she.
Speaker 1: Wants the job, and Whoop be sick of y'all in the viewer.
Speaker 19: Legendary game show host passag Jack just announced that he's going to be from Wheel of Fortune at the end of the next season. What's your action to the news and any ideas on who should replace him?
Speaker 7: Well, that's a legend.
Speaker 20: I mean over forty years and the price of a vowel has knock gone up one time.
Speaker 1: Like nobody controlled inflation like Pat Jack. Hopefully Wiel's got an envelope somewhere that says what to do when.
Speaker 3: I want that job now? We I mean lots of fun.
Speaker 1: Whoop, be sick of y'all. Wooll be sick of very times? She got something to say, y'all jump down her throat every few months in She's tired of it. She tired of it. She just wants something nice and easy like Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 2: My rumor has it that they're talking to Ryan Seacrest for being one of the being a host of Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, or they could just do an AI patch ajack. I mean, if they did an AI patch ajack, like, its gonna see this world, remember see the world back in the dawn BT. I'm sure the technology is much better now. You wouldn't really know the difference. They could actually do that with Alex Rebecca on Jeopardy too now if they wanted to, No, because they're so cool, like they just they kind of just blend in with everything that's going on on those shows.
Speaker 3: You know, you want a real host. I would love of whoopy did it?
Speaker 1: Me too, because I want her to get off the view and I'm dying of y'all jumping down og whoop be throwt every time she got an opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, Larsa Pippin and Marcus Jordan, you know that's Michael Jordan's son. They have a new podcast. It's called Separation Anxiety, and they talk about a lot. On their first episode, they talk about when they first met them trying to hide themselves from paparazzi as they would I feel.
Speaker 8: Like we were like hiding out and like trying to be low key.
Speaker 21: And then we didn't trust anyone ever.
Speaker 1: We went with.
Speaker 18: A camera, ducking from flashes in the club and all this stuff. You read a position earlier when we first met that you didn't want to take on all.
Speaker 21: This move You know, I was kind of skeptical because I kind of felt like, why would you do this, Larsa, Why would you do this? Why would you date someone that you know?
Speaker 4: Just the families?
Speaker 21: It's just a really crazy situation to be in.
Speaker 2: They also talk about how when she first met him, she didn't save his name under his name, She saved it under a fake name.
Speaker 1: To the throne.
Speaker 8: So, who made the first move?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 6: I beg to disagree.
Speaker 8: I think you know again, I was looking at her across the room, but we were looking at each other.
Speaker 21: Sure, but is that the first move looking at each other?
Speaker 18: No, you know, I don't think that's the first move, but I definitely i'd say I made the first move.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 21: It's funny. I feel like a lot of people don't know that I could never really put you under your name on my phone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't find that out until we started dating neither.
Speaker 1: So I had you under Mark Jacob.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know why I had you under Mark.
Speaker 21: Jacob, but like that's what I had you on my phone because I didn't want anyone to know what you would call me. I just wanted it to be very like.
Speaker 18: Well, I feel like when we first started dating, it was random, Like when we would talk, it'd be like I was going on a trip, I'm coming to Miami or.
Speaker 6: Into each other.
Speaker 8: So you know, that's that's kind of funny that I was stored under Mark Jacob.
Speaker 1: Why why do we care what happened now? People care about it? Of course that's at they not married though, right, not dating? You can't have a whole podcast and y'all just dating. Well, you've got to be married to have a relationship podcast. Well, you know Loss of Pippen.
Speaker 2: Of course it's Scottie Pippens ex she's forty eight and Michael Jordan's son Marcus is thirty two.
Speaker 3: And they also talk about meeting the kids, Marcus meeting the kids.
Speaker 1: I don't care. What are the podcast about, though, relationship with stuff? They are not married, they are dating. I don't think that you should start a podcast if you're just dating. They haven't even dating long enough to start a podcast. I'm gonna tune in every one to listen to two people who've just been dating for a little while. In regards your relationship advice.
Speaker 3: You're listening now because you keep playing with my kids.
Speaker 21: Okay, because I do feel like I don't normally bring guys around my kids. I'm really selective on who I invite them to my home, who I have around my kids. But I feel like it was very natural and normal when you came around because they already knew you.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 8: I think it's been great.
Speaker 21: Feel like my kids already knew you, Like when I would FaceTime with you or call you and I'd be like, ohh like you know, just conversations we would have. So I think when they finally did get to meet you, it was not like, oh my god, who's this guy? It was almost like, hey, Mark's what's up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 18: No, for sure, I don't know. I just feel like there's a lot of common ground. Yeah, which makes it easier for us all that we round each other.
Speaker 1: So you're not going to listen to the podcast, I don't have a reason to, But I will say that, like a specialty podcast, is it something they're just doing for each other just to describe their relationship and their situation. Are just something long term where they're gonna be helping other couples, Because if that's the kids, then they need to make a commitment to themselves. I would think before I make a commitment to that podcast, I would want them to make a commitment to themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe they're just talking about their relationship and how they're doing, like when they get it made.
Speaker 3: That's what they're talking about. They're talking about when he met their kids. I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast. People have been talking about it. They want to know more about loss of Pipping and Michael Jordan's son's life. So people are tuning in.
Speaker 1: Oh, congratulations, congratulationship, Congratulationship.
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 8: He did that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 22: Yo?
Speaker 3: He did that pretty good. Drop a bomb for Charlo Man. He practiced that.
Speaker 1: Oh I do that all the time randomly for no reason, practiced not know I be walking around the house randomly. Congratulationship.
Speaker 3: Who are you giving your donkey too?
Speaker 1: Man? Oh man? For after the hour, we need Walko sorry to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a world with him. Please all right, we'll get to that next and don't move for a moment. Good morning.
Speaker 7: I was donkey.
Speaker 3: Damn he hogged.
Speaker 6: It's time the donkey the king, I mean, trying to be donkey today.
Speaker 19: No more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these things called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 4: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey?
Speaker 3: Ya to day today?
Speaker 1: Wow Donkey Today for Thursday, June fifteenth, coaches to Yko Cyrus. Now, if you don't know who y Ko Cyrus is, he's a singer songwriter from Jacksonville, Florida, and for the last twenty four hours, he has been black twitters most wanted because he was seen on video trying to give another artist by the name of Sukiana a kiss without her consent. The term they are using in various articles online are forcibly kissing. That's the headline I've seen y Ko Cyrus accused of sexual assault after forcefully kissing Sukiana at an event. Now, and some of y'all listening to me, who don't know who the hell either one of these people are, And that's fine. Just know why Ko Cyrus is a young man, Sukiyana is a young woman. Now, there has been all types of reasoning going around, you know, stories like this, get computers puting all right. Most common sentiments I saw were folks saying this was sexual assault, and I saw a lot of people saying, hey, she walks around calling herself Suki with the good kouchie, and she has a song about eating the man's groceries. So this is the energy she puts out, so this is the energy she should expect to receive. That second sentiment reminds me of when rappers who rap about various nefarious activities, whether it's murdered, drug selling, whatever crime they choose to put to a beat when they get jammed up in conto rico, or if they get shot and killed or beat up, first thing folks say is, hey, he bought it on himself. Okay, because of the music he makes. Hell, if you're a rapper who raps about constant drug youth and then you diving overdose, people say, well, that's what he rapped about. So folks are consistent when it comes to blaming people's misfortunes on their music. And we should have a discussion about that, But not really today. Well maybe later. We need to all be asking ourselves how come we know better but don't do better. That's the question I have for the young brother yk oh, sireus, how come you don't know any better?
Speaker 6: All Right?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I be naive because I gave him the benefit of the doubt yesterday, because I thought to myself. For him to be moving like that, they must have a relationship, because there's no possible way in twenty twenty three. If all we have learned about boundaries and what's consented not consent in the whole me too movement, I would think in twenty twenty three, no man would still be moving like that. But here we are. Y k O Cyrus, Do you realize what you did is exactly why Caine Pistol whip Chauncey and minister Society. You remember that Envy major plot line to the movie, and it was when Chauncey was making sexual advances toward Ronnie, and Ronnie clearly wasn't with it. Sokaine pistolhiped him, all right. The reason I'm putting that out there is because, whether we realize it or not, scenes like that taught us what not to do, and if we did do those things, those were the kinds of consequences and repercussions that could happen. Now even though we had those teachable moments, I'll be the first to tell you that we was raised wrong. Okay. I mean everything about our culture has been hyper sexualized. I don't even have to get into what I mean when I said we was raised wrong, because if you was born in nineteen hundreds, you know what the hell I'm talking about. There is a reason. Okay, your mommy and your grandma is sweating about this freaknick documentary. All right, but at what point did those of us that know better teach better? Okay, if you know better and you've done better, it's your obligation to teach better. So I am sitting here literally wondering did someone fail y Ko Cyrus or is he just a d head who knows better but has lapses of judgment like this. I read his apology and he said, I want to publicly offer my sincerious apology to Sukiana. An attempt to be playful, I misread the moment and violated Sukiana's boundaries. He also said, I understanding the importance of consent, and I am embarrassed by my behavior. Clearly, that apology shows he knew better, but for whatever reason, he didn't do better in that moment. And that's what we have to prevent because we gotta protect women, right, but we also have to protect men. All right. We gotta protect black women, but we also have to protect black men because black men. What if Sukiana decided to press charges against you for sexual as sulk, who's to tell us she can't do that? Now, your dumb ass got to charge and for what? Because you misread the moment? No, black man, we gotta do better. And I wonder about that misread the moment line. It seems to me a lot of y'all are misreading the moment when it comes to Miss Sukiana and y'all blaming it on her music. Let's unpack that. If a woman is walking around calling herself Suki with the good kouchi, I understand why you would be curious about that good kuchi. That makes sense. Doesn't give you the right to make unwanted sexual advances to her and violate her boundaries. But I understand the curiosity. But another main reason I'm giving hy Ko cyrus donkey is because all of y'all talking about Sukiana's music is the reason. You know she receives this type of behavior because of the music she makes, she should expect it. Hmmm, I've only heard one Suki on a song, right, and that song is called Casimigo's right and correct. Let get this right, my brothers. Sukiana has a song she's talking about eating a man's groceries. I'm not king shaving at all at my groceries eating. I'm just wondering why, Kaloe Cyrus, why was you so ready to put your tongue in her mouth knowing where her tongue has been. All of y'all out here talking about Sukiana's music is why men do this to her? So y'all in the rush to either get your bookies brunched on, or in the case of hy Ko Cyrus, and a rush to taste another man's ass.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of butts.
Speaker 1: Where is Jesus? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? We need them so bad right now? Okay, we need a group therapy session for all of us because I'm just sick of us hurting each other. I don't want to see Sukiana or any other woman hurt, and I don't want to see why Kao Cyrus hurt either. Yes, he should be held accountable if there's consequences to his actions, he earned them. But what do we have to do as a society, What do we have to teach as a culture, what do we have to learn to make sure things like this don't happen ever again, because I would think brothers would know better by now, wouldn't they please give y Ko Cyrus the biggest he hull. I'm just saying, y'all keep blaming Sukiana's music. You know, y'all keep saying you know this is what she puts out.
Speaker 6: Okay, like.
Speaker 1: I only know that one. So what are you saying? My brothers?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? Yeah, I do you want your you want your booky?
Speaker 3: Eating what?
Speaker 22: What?
Speaker 1: What? You want to take booky on the tongue. I'm just trying to figure it out, all right, don't get it?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for that, Donky today this question?
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 3: You said you like getting your butt?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: Shut up?
Speaker 1: I done told you cut that out.
Speaker 3: Now, that's what you said that.
Speaker 1: I didn't say nothing about month it was. His name was Rashaan Casey. Since y'all must know, no, since y'all must know you want to do a room report. His name was Rashan Casey. That's why we've been so close to the last thirteen years. All right. He was eating this ass. He was eating this ass. Okay, all right, Oh, yes I do. I'm burning the whole car to that, all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want Yeah, that's our song writing. I'm taking my toys. That's a toy box.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what we're gonna dance through it all way. I'm not playing all the first song. I'm leaving the ground.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, shout out to BT. We'll see you tomorrow. I don't want to play with you no more btpiece.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you, man?
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with me. I'm perfectly fine, like my father's to it right now. I'm sure, y'all fine.
Speaker 3: I am all right.
Speaker 1: Well we come back.
Speaker 3: The cast of The Blackening will be joining us. Of course, it's a new film.
Speaker 2: It's a horror slash comedy, really funny, and we'll talk to the cast, which is Yvonne org Sinqua Walls, J Farrell, Grace Mayas, Antoinette Robinson and Dwayne Perkins.
Speaker 3: So don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club be the same morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's stee j n V.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club, and we got some special guests joining us. I think it's the most guest we've ever had.
Speaker 1: This is the first time I've seen an actual cast cast and like one person to the cast.
Speaker 3: Of Blackening is in the building. Good morning, guys, villain.
Speaker 1: We gotta name names individually.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, well, let's start off Ivan or we're gonna take attendance.
Speaker 3: Grace Bias, Antwoinette Robinson, and Dwayne Perkins.
Speaker 1: All right, talk to us about the Blackening? Man, what is the Blackening?
Speaker 18: Oh? H?
Speaker 20: It is a movie about a group of friends that go to a cabin for junete celebration and they find themselves stocked by a cycle killer and they have to you know, not die.
Speaker 3: The black person always dies in the beginning? Who died in the beginning?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Now we can't.
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Is this the type of movie that you, guys would actually be a part of, Like go to a cabin in a white area and feel like that at all?
Speaker 23: That's astroblematic, Like are we already going to a cabin in a white area without back up?
Speaker 1: That's a horror film in real life.
Speaker 4: I love that the movie calls it out though, because it is like why are we here?
Speaker 3: And who did this?
Speaker 13: It's like who, because that's how most scary movies start, it's like, okay, we just we just stumble upon this cabin in the l like somebody calls them im and.
Speaker 3: Was like, yo, why whose idea was this a cabin in the woods.
Speaker 13: But the twist of the movie is that the killers like whoever is the blackest?
Speaker 1: You know, it's gonna get knocked off.
Speaker 3: So for people that don't know, you guys have to play a game. Now what is this game about?
Speaker 20: The game is called the Black and it is a game that's forcing these friends to determine who's the black is to see who dies first, because you know that's.
Speaker 4: The trope black trivia trivia.
Speaker 1: Okay, antoinette, What does thought mean?
Speaker 3: What is what that over there?
Speaker 17: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: If Young Metro don't trust trust what my future do? If Young Metro don't trust.
Speaker 4: You, Young Metro don't trust you?
Speaker 2: What years the cash money records tell us they were taking over cash money.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you're.
Speaker 24: The I will fail you.
Speaker 2: According to your mama, she said, she's says she'll give you what if you start crying?
Speaker 8: You love?
Speaker 3: That's so fair, that's that's not it's a tough.
Speaker 1: How many fights did the Fresh Prince get into before his mom got.
Speaker 23: S you're the person who jumps in versus the Prins like I got because Fresh Prince so many times and I'm like, I have listened. I know the original song. Yeah, original when we go beyond, like yeah.
Speaker 1: And whatever, I know. I remembered.
Speaker 2: You wanted to writers of the movie, right, So what made you want to put this movie out June eighteenth and having it be about the June nineteenth?
Speaker 3: June A team celebration that comes out June.
Speaker 20: Just say June comes out to sixteenth celebration said, From from the sketch to the feature, we just really wanted to put it in a space that was like a out blackness and freedom and they're trying not to die and they're fighting for the freedom and what better time to do it than on June. But yeah, I know, we were just trying to pack it which as as much things from the culture as possible and hopefully it becomes like a Juneteenth movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's interesting that it's through the lens of comedy and horror because I feel like that is the black experience in America.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Like I can't go through a trauma without cracking a joke, like that's just what it's gonna be. Levity is the I think antithesis to fear.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and also that's the only way black people can really see is her film. They're like, you know, black people I've told people were like, I don't know that I'm going to see. I was like, but it's a comedy as well, Okay, I can laugh at it. I'm like, it's a sad tire guys. It's because they're like, so we're just gonna be dying, and it is sad.
Speaker 25: It is one thing this movie isn't.
Speaker 26: It's not it's not black trauma porn, like the world is using justing that likes.
Speaker 13: It's fun.
Speaker 26: It's an interactive experience. We celebrate black culture. We of course there are instances where we're supposed to quantify our blackness, which you know is ludicrous, but we bring the conversations up like okay, well I can't say that you're not as black because you're lighter.
Speaker 25: Skinned, whatever the case may be. Watch or case in point, like.
Speaker 26: Gracie and I are both Caribbeans. So it's like we have the conversations that we have behind closed doors and in the group chat, but out loud with everybody in the world, and it's a pretty great experience.
Speaker 2: But you guys also talk about things that we all deal with, like you know, being in the store and somebody following us around the park, range of you know, stopping somebody because you're not supposed to be in this neighborhood. So I know, writing that was part of a little freeing too, like this is the ish that happens all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it was.
Speaker 20: Actually, while me and Tracy talk about it pretty often, how we were surprised that they allowed it to keep it as black as it was because we were just like, we just gonna write what we want, what makes us laugh. And then by the final version, we said, damn, they really kept a lot of niggas.
Speaker 1: Speak to that though, because like you know, they don't as much as they screamed diversity and inclusion, it's just like, you know, they don't want things to be too black.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I would say that that is one of the privileges of doing it as an indie first, is that there was less cooks in the kitchen to tell us how to display blackness, and the people that were who were white, they just gave us the freedom because they knew they didn't know what they were talking about, so you.
Speaker 2: Weren't nervous at all, because I mean, it's a lot of it, but that's how we speak, right, They're like, it's you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it was never a fear like maybe we need to take some of those So they didn't they just let y'all.
Speaker 20: Do you Yeah, No, I don't really move with that fear. My whole life has been consuming media that was not made for me, So I don't feel inclined to put my point of view through a funnel for people that are not of me. If you don't know, then figure it out.
Speaker 1: To be honest, what fishes y'all off? More white executives that don't know what they talk about, a black executives that don't know what they talking about. Culturally clueless Black executives.
Speaker 4: They're culturally clueless.
Speaker 13: I think they're just part of a regime that doesn't give them the space to be as black as they may want to be, because in order to keep their jobs, they have to conform a little bit more. And that's why I'm not an executive.
Speaker 23: You can see it by the conversation that you have behind Like we all kind of heard me in the same world, right, So we you have these conversations behind closed doors that you can instantly tell that someone is a little bit more contrived. They might lean in, but then they kind of look away, like yeh, it's that man, I'm really rock rocking with y'all. There's a lot more of that, and you can instantly tell, like, who's who in that space?
Speaker 3: All right? When we come back, we got the cast of Blackening, So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is tj MG, Charlemagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We still can get it with the cast of Blackening.
Speaker 1: Charlomage. I think it's been such a lack of black horror comedy movie because I feel like this is such like scary movie with Marlin, Like I feel like there would have been a lot more, to.
Speaker 20: Be honest, I just think that the people allowed to make the movies have just changed.
Speaker 3: There's just not a lot of people pushing for that.
Speaker 20: And if it is, it's in a lens that is digestible for white people, so you're not necessarily given the space to create horror comedies. And then I do think like get out was like a big moment and this industry runs on that people have already seen and so they were like, that is what works, that is what we want. And that was not comedic, that's very far from scary movie. So I'm hoping that the black and It kind of like creates another point in the like lexicon of horror comedy, so that executives in the entry can see like what black people can do that's not just within scary movie or get out. But yeah, I just think un original.
Speaker 2: Executive for each one of y'all, what made y'all want to do this movie? When y'all seen the script, what was like, Oh, this is for me because this is pandemic too.
Speaker 11: I mean, well for me, it was innovative. Man, it's never been done before. You've never seen so many black people represent it this way, like we could say we're not monoliths, you know, and it's time for people to have fun again, especially with the arduousness of the last few years going through.
Speaker 6: So it just seemed fun. It was like a slam dunk.
Speaker 11: And I've worked with Tim before, you know what I mean, I know how he works, and I was excited to work with this beautiful cast of folks.
Speaker 1: To me, it was just different and it just made sense. It's innovatable. I want to hear it from everybody.
Speaker 24: Yeah, A little playoff of that as well too in what you were saying as well, like we've never really seen that before, We've never really seen the horror comedy aspect, especially with an all black casts. And I think also too, like this is my friend group, you know what I mean, and so to see yourself in that space. And then I think also too, it is our strength as black people that we span the spectrum of the diaspora, right, and so when when you can see that reflected in a film, I think that representation goes a long long way. Tim story is a big deal.
Speaker 4: This cast was a big deal.
Speaker 24: The script was amazing, super funny, super smart, and so for me it.
Speaker 4: Was it was a like an easy, easy Yes, I.
Speaker 13: Had watched the sketch and what's funny is before like literally the week before I know if you know this, the week before I got the call for the movie, I had watched the sketch all over again because I was looking for the director to possibly direct my special and so.
Speaker 4: I had been like in the world of this, I was like, Yo, this's been a little funny. Someone should do something with this cut too. I got the script.
Speaker 3: I was like, Yo, this is for real happening.
Speaker 13: And so for me, one, it was hysterical, and then two I appreciated the kind of breaking down the silly conversations of like what blackness really is, because it was that thing of like even when President Obama came into office, like he's not black enough, it's.
Speaker 4: Like who has the patent on blackness?
Speaker 13: Like I need to find this person who can define what blackness is because we've even had this conversation on the show. It's like as a Nigerian America, it's like, well, you don't know about the black And I was like, I know about a blacks, I don't know about every black, you know what I mean. So I love putting myself in conversations whereby we can like look at these trophes or whatever these conversations and hit them on the head.
Speaker 4: And then I got to play it be funny and.
Speaker 23: Then you know screen, I mean, I've said it so many times. I think for me, it always starts with which story, it starts with who's involved. I think like it was funny, it was intelligent and it was on time. Yeah, opportunity to work with Tim Story. To me, he's one of the greatest filmmakers that we have. I grew up loving him. I grew up loving him as a filmmaker. So I was like, okay, yes, I want to work with Tim Story. And I follow filmmakers and I was like yes. I read the script several times. I became more familiar with Dwayne. I remember I had questions about the script that I was like, well, who wrote this? Like why don't they say this? Instead They're like, well, actually Dwayne wrote that. I was like, oh, okay, like he's informed, right, And then I was like, who's playing Dwayne because we had to play off each other out there? Like Dwayne's playing Dwayne. I was like oh, And I just felt like it had the opportunity to be executed.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: I always read things and I say, what are the legs?
Speaker 23: So for me, I'm grateful that we're sitting in this position now of coming out and distribution and Lineskate is a part of it. But I would be lying if I didn't think that we were going to be here, because I think when I read something and it haunts me and I go, ooh, I come back to it. And even if I'm like on the fence of a yes or no and I go, it's still on my mind. It's something that I have to run towards. And this script did that for me, especially coming out of pandemic. I had done Resort to Love. We did Resort to Love together and it was like a totally different comedic thing, right, but we had a lot of color in it, and this was just like even more infused and intelligent and smart. So for me, I was like, Okay, this is something I haven't done yet, so it's something I want to do. And then I already knew who the cast was and to play with them. I was like, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 26: For me, I was obsessed with the script. It was just so well written. But like, it's very rare that I read something that I see so many different hues of blackness. There's so many different black women in this. You see them all from different like backgrounds, we speak differently, we have different interests, but we're a friend group. The same thing with the men, Like I love that Dwayne's character isn't just like the gay sidekick, like none of us were just limited to being the best friend or the sidekick. Like we were fully fleshed out characters, and we're showing blackness in its full form as opposed to seeing it diluted, which is what we usually see through the lens of whiteness. And so I was like, this is so smart, it's so funny, And although I'm terrified of horror movies, I felt like if I didn't do it, I would regret it.
Speaker 20: So yeah, yeah, me and Tracy. And what I liked about is that I as like a queer black man as an actor. Just I've never been afforded the opportunity to like be a lead in something because things are very bad, and so in order to like kind of break out of the box, I feel like Hollywood tries to put black queer man in. I had to write a whole movie. Uh, And I hope that like people see that and been like, yeah, do you see the lanes that I have to go to? Like for me to feel represented, I have to be that for myself, Like that's cool, but also like stop.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, that's what we want.
Speaker 1: We just wish that they would green light more than.
Speaker 4: And that's also I have to say the movie is really good.
Speaker 13: Like if we've been getting the feedback from like people who gone to the screening.
Speaker 3: It is the kind of movie you want to see at a black theater.
Speaker 13: Matter fact, make the theater black because you're yelling at the screen because like you know, there's some like when I watched Screed, I was like, now we gotta go to Crunshall, Like I want to see this in Crenshaw and so this is like I'm gonna tell you a funny story. When I wanted it was it dream Girls. I went to a black theater. I don't know if they knew that it was a musical, because I'll never forget the one time that Jennifer Hudson started singing some I was like, hey, come on, Mantes.
Speaker 3: They started sinking one more time periods that you want and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 13: So this is a movie theater experience that you have to probably see twice because somebody's gonna be yelling at the screen talking back.
Speaker 1: Now why they do that?
Speaker 4: Like it is so interactive.
Speaker 13: It's an interactive movie going experience.
Speaker 1: It ain't three D, but it is d D being in the box office, like coming out having to come out in theaters. Is that scared?
Speaker 23: That's what we all want, just because because like Dwayne said earlier, I feel like it coming out, Juneteenth weekend is going to be create something that I'm hoping not onlike July fourth becomes a box office weekend that all studios are fighting for. And because we are coming out and establishing that, I'm excited for that because I think it's gonna set a whole precedent of like, Okay, now June teenth is a weekend that everyone wants and if you can own Juneteenth, then it's like you did something right with your phone.
Speaker 1: The blacks have actually been dominating big, big block, but like, these are the movies to me that really tell the tale of what black people can.
Speaker 13: Do, as The Little Mermaid, Spider Man, Transformers we coming out this week and I was just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the movies like this are the ones that get us more. Absolutely movies all that stuff you named those a big block that's supposed to do Yeah, that's I p but they haven't.
Speaker 11: But they have.
Speaker 13: But when you have like a brown face, like I saw Transformers and I was just like it's really good, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's because it has brown.
Speaker 4: People make a difference different missing in this story.
Speaker 13: And I was like, oh and you got sickle cell. That was the last time you saw as like like somebody who got the trade.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't think I feel like that was in Transformers. He was Transformer.
Speaker 3: Check it out this weekend and we appreciate you guys for Jordan. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club holding everybody. It's the j Envy Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Home Depot.
Speaker 1: Name or you've got.
Speaker 3: This is the rumor report. I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells, right on the breakfast Club. Now, Charlomage, are you familiar with the quote unquote home Depot girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the young lady that was pretty.
Speaker 2: And yes, yeah, Ariana Josephine. She posted a picture at home Depot that went viral. And it's sad. Because of I guess that viral moment, people have been crazy. They've been pulling up to her work. Uh, they pinneda. They found out what school she lives at, so she I'm sorry, what school she attended and where she lived at, so she pretty much had to change her whole routine. Where she's talking about actually leaving that school and leaving that area because people are actually harassing her.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 3: They said that she actually had to leave home.
Speaker 2: Depot as well. She's if you go to her page, you can see us. She's a very young, pretty girl. She praised a lot, talks about the Bible a lot, very very very smart and intelligent. Well, Shaquille O'Neal stopped through home Depot yesterday looking.
Speaker 7: For her coming home.
Speaker 6: I'm looking toward somebody. Did you find us?
Speaker 1: Best time, Joe, you know, tell me you see you know you got You're gonna report about all these people going to harass that young lady and then throw the Shaq going to harrass Well.
Speaker 2: Well, Shaq also DM there and said don't let these people bother you. She said, thank you, Shaq uh And he said, don't read the comment. Stuff like that will drive you crazy. Have a great day. Tell all your boyfriends. I said, hello, well, Shaq, who is probably one of the I would say best rap NBA players if you would have to pick one.
Speaker 1: Best rap NBA players, best best rapping NBA players of all time. I think Shaq is up there. You got the best music by far.
Speaker 3: All right, Well he also did a video there as well as to.
Speaker 22: Write a book by every step on my way up the Ladder came out with the Murdy was a lovely chapter.
Speaker 7: I don't even show him that your fancy parties. Did you see me hanging.
Speaker 1: Out of something?
Speaker 7: He ain't gonna rap this only barn.
Speaker 22: On the Platinum if you count my points to rebounk on Troupel Platinum got two retired churches into different cities.
Speaker 7: I'm still waiting on that call for me, Orlando Matchic. Look, I still overly blessed clock step in.
Speaker 10: On the chat.
Speaker 7: I cannot be calling for less. Take a trip to stay of the day.
Speaker 3: I can't draw up a.
Speaker 22: Respect when I'm not with Jennie Smith. I'm still close to a jack champing there. My little brother Kobe gone, thank you for the three feet.
Speaker 7: If I talked about the thing, you wouldn't believe me. Might go buy the La Sparks and change the name to the Chi Jis. Get chuck the culture first ship, go be a free thing.
Speaker 1: Might light that might buy the La Spox change the name to the gds drapting to cluse bombs. Jack be rapping man. You know that's he's always made the best music.
Speaker 3: Shack by rapping.
Speaker 1: I mean, at one point I thought he was the best rapping NBA player of all time. I think Damian lilland might. Damian Lila is definitely a better rapper. But Shack has the best music.
Speaker 3: Shack got balls though, shocky spitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Damian Lillo can rap, rap, flow delivery crazy. Shack we rapping too, though, No, you ain't never heard I have we playing records up. Shack get Shack make better songs. But Damien can rap.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Meek Mill, did you ever find a woman?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: She wasn't there. Oh she wasn't there?
Speaker 6: All right now.
Speaker 2: Also, Meek Mill yesterday put this on Instagram and social media. I don't know why Meek put this up. Meek said, who think I fell off? Or don't really think I got it with rapping anymore? God, I'm for real. I need answers and tell the truth. I'm not taking it personal. I need to hear how people think before I do what I do. A social experience, Why do you care with social media bonds? Why do you why do you care with people on social media?
Speaker 1: And thing? Why do people need validation from social media? And by the way, Meek, you can't get on social media and ask a question like that because to give you serious all they want to do is clown on social media said, and that's what I said with me. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things.
Speaker 2: If you put that out there, this I would say, probably eighty percent is gonna be bs and they just gonna be attacking you because they can't.
Speaker 1: You might as well to put wrong answers on at the end of that tweek you might as well to put that meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Meek is working on some new music.
Speaker 2: I definitely think we miss Meek out there, and I think we need some of those anthems and some of those some of that music that make usually supplies, especially for the summertime.
Speaker 3: All right, and that is your rumor report.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got the People's Choice mixing. Don't forget my Car show is this weekend. It's like two three d's left in Houston Father's Day weekend. We got everything old school cars, new school cars, donk slabs, swangers. We ain't got no low riders. I don't know if htown got low riders. Haven't seen heard from the low rider community, but pull up. We're gonna have a bunch of cars, and of course kids five and under are free. It's gonna be a great time if you want to bring your father's your grandfather's family event. There's rides, musemic games, all types of things. So I can't wait to see y'all this weekend in Houston. All right, let's get to the mix. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: What are y'all iss? DJ Envy at special sneak previews across the country, audiences are discovering the Flash tonight. See why people are calling it absolutely sensational. The Flash Tonight only in theaters rated PG thirteen may be inappropriate for children under thirteen. Good morning everybody, It's DJ env Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got to shout out to Terrys Crawford for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, s Lutor Terres Crawford. Man can't wait to see him in Earl Spence getting the ring on July twenty ninth. That is a mega fight that is a fight that is long overdue. I'm glad that it's happening, and I got Earl Spence Junior. But I think they're gonna fight more than once, you know what I mean, unless it's like a decisive victory right by Earl Spence.
Speaker 2: Now, how does the clause work with that? Like you could just decide if I want to a rematch anomy the rematch clause. I think both of them got rematch clauseing right, But if I beat the brakes off of you, you might say I want to rematch, but I can say I don't want to rematch, right That automatic rematch regardless means you get a rematch regardless. I'm sure they both got a rematch clause. So if they whatever happened, you're gonna see two fights on got a rematch clause, Okay.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: And also shout to the cast of The Blackening, which comes out this weekend, which is like a horror comedy.
Speaker 3: So shout to those brothers and sisters for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: Von Orgy Saluta, Jay Farrell, Saluta, Saint Cuel Walls, Salutor, Antoinette Roberson, Wayne Perkins, Grace, Grace Buyers, and Grace Dwayne Perkins.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I also DJ the I said Jay farwell yeah we also I also DJ the after party when they had the premiere, which was crazy, so.
Speaker 1: I wanted von on stage losing our mind to meet mill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was going.
Speaker 2: They almost threw her off stage too, because it's right when Fabulous was performing, so they didn't know who she was. They were like security security, have the like no, no, no, no, no, that's Evonne. She's just one of the stars of the film. But yeah, shout to vone. She has a great time. She had a good time that night.
Speaker 3: And also shout my.
Speaker 2: Parents, who just hit me here. It was like, it's the movie really good. I want to know, I want to go this weekend. Yes, the movie is good, So my parents are going to check out that movie this weekend. Okay, all right, when we come back. We got a positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Shout to iHeart Radio. You know iHeart Radio celebrating Black Music Month with the fiftieth anniversary of Hip Hop. Shoutout music from artists worldwide who have left their mark on hip hop inside, especially curated playlist celebrating the icons and anthems which have defined culture. All right, so open up your free iHeartRadio app and tap playlist to listen now right when we come back.
Speaker 3: Positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning Owning everybody. It's DJ env.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time to get up out of here. Charlamage, you got a positive note, I do, man.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you all about the Three Seeds real quick. I'm sure you heard of these before, but it's just a friendly reminder. Always remember about the three Seeds. In life, choices, chances changes. You must make a choice to take a chance, or your life will never change.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club, it is You're
Speaker 1: Finished for your dumb