Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all at all at all, So.
Speaker 2: Don't given them.
Speaker 3: Back a million bus bussy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listening to.
Speaker 1: Show, I don't joy.
Speaker 5: Yell joy.
Speaker 3: You you.
Speaker 5: You gotta turn.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth. Turn you probably got to turn the mouth the word of the money.
Speaker 5: Look, come.
Speaker 1: Come out you think that, Uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 4: Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show, Yeah, I got one. I got a message for you today too, something I was thinking about that might help you along the way. The thing I appreciate about so many people that I learned from Bishop Jakes, Kenneth Olmer, Donnie McClerkin, Kirk Franklin, Joel Oldstein, I can't tell.
Speaker 1: You, and many more than that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know I'm naming you know, famous people because I know you know these names. But my father, who you never met, was so great in my development as a man. But my mother thought have mercy. My mother she taught me about faith. She gave me the things I needed to know about. What I speak about every day basis was given to me by hers. So it's so many great people. But here's the thing that I've had to learn, and that is that if God got you through it.
Speaker 1: It's done. Move on.
Speaker 4: See, I can't tell you how many people don't really pay attention to that close enough.
Speaker 1: If God got you through it, it's done.
Speaker 7: Move on.
Speaker 4: How many times have we as people allowed God to get us through something, get us beyond something, get us over something, get us through something, and then even after its completion, we sit there and we dwell on it, and we dwell on it to the point where it becomes an anchor around our neck, and we can't move on. We can't move on because we just won't let it go. It's done. If God got you through it, it's done. Move on.
Speaker 1: Stop harboring on the past.
Speaker 4: Stop hanging on to every time you fail, Stop hanging on to every time you slipped up and messed up.
Speaker 1: Stop hanging on to every time you didn't get it right.
Speaker 4: So what everybody makes mistakes, Everybody messes up, Everybody don't get it right.
Speaker 1: Everybody's struggling with something. You ain't the only one, but my God, Man, if God got you through it, it's done. Move on. You hanging on to it for it.
Speaker 4: That's why he got it, got you through it, so you can move on from it. See a lot of things that happened to us that we think are negative or bad experience. These are lessons and what not to do. This is a way to have on now a bearing on. Look out for it.
Speaker 1: The next time.
Speaker 4: You got me once, you can't get me again. I'm telling you, man, if God got you through it, it's done.
Speaker 1: Move on.
Speaker 8: You have got to move on.
Speaker 4: I use this analogy all the time. I'm gonna add a little bit to it. Bishop Jakes told me you cannot drive your car looking in the rear view mirror. See you know what your rearview mirror is actually for in your car. Your rearview mirror is designed. After I pass a car and I want to merge into that lane, or I want to make another move, I look up in the rear view mirror, and all I use it for it shows me that I've gotten past it. I've gotten past the vehicle I was passing, and I got enough room now clear to make my next move.
Speaker 1: That's what I use my rearview mirror for.
Speaker 4: I use my rear view mirror to just glance up every now and then to see what's coming up on me.
Speaker 1: That's all I use it for. Listen to me real close.
Speaker 4: Now, your rearview mirror on your car is after you passing something or you're passing by something, you can look up in the rear view mirror and it lets you know you're pasted it, you're beyond it. It's clear now, it's in the past. You no longer have to deal with it as the car that was in front of you blocking your way.
Speaker 1: You have passed it. You look up in the mirror, you've cleared it.
Speaker 4: Now if you on a switch lanes could slide on over, you got room. But that rearview mirror also lets you see if anything is coming up on you, and you just need to glance because if you moving forward, ain't a whole lot can come up on you. You just glancing every now and then, and it reminds you that you got through something and you got beyond something. That's what the rearview mirror for. Now, let's talk about that windshield. Why you think that windshields so big on your car. That's the biggest window on your car. You know why the wind shield so big because it's where you're going. Because even the automobile makers want you to have a wide view of where you're going so you can see what's up ahead. They put lights on the card night so you can have night vision and see what's up ahead. But you can uh oh man, oh see not why is that look? Think about that now before I move forward with this one. Think about that wind shield, man, Why is that wind shield so big so you can see where you're going? It's way more important where you're going than where you being, don't you see that. That's why the rear view mirror is so small, because it is nowhere near as important as it is as to where you're going. While you being just allows you to take a glance so you can make sure you clear it, so you can see if it's room enough for you to make your next move, so you can know that you've gone through it and go ahead on about your business. But that windshield, that windshield is for vision. A man without a dream of vision shall perish. That windshield is for somebody going somewhere. That windshielding for somebody else there trying to make another move. I'm gonna go right, I'm gonna left. I'm gonna get off on this exit. I'm gonna take this detail. I'm gonna handle this sign. There's a new route. There's only so many miles left to go. That's what the windshield got. Let me tell you something, man, when you see a mile sign, you're driving on the freeway, you're on the interstate, and you let's say you driving to a particular city and you see a sign that says that city is thirty eight or one hundred and thirty eight miles away. That lets you know where you're going, and you're on the right path. Now, if you keep looking in the rear view mirror, you'll never know how close you are. You'll never know because you're driving your car looking in the rear view mirror. You all on the shoulder, you hit them, rocks up under your car. You just scared yourself to death because you know why, because you keep looking in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 1: Get out the rear view mirror. If God got you through it, it's done.
Speaker 9: Move on.
Speaker 4: So what he don't love you no more? And man, let's move on. If God got you through it, it's done.
Speaker 1: Move on.
Speaker 4: God got something for you. If you get out your rearview mirror and get up in that wind shield. God's got something for you up ahead, but you can't see what's up ahead because you in that rearview mirror.
Speaker 1: If God got you through it, it's done. Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Come on, y'all, don't let the pass beat you up. That's the ingredients in the cake. You done made that already, that's done. Let's go God, look in the windshield, see what. God probably got something new for you if you get out the rear view mirror and look, open up your eyes and see.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go Today.
Speaker 10: You're listening ste Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come for us to recognize, give honor and full credit. You could throw in some glory too, to the one and only who has done it again and again and again and done it like no other. I'm talking about the greatest of all time. There is none greater before or after.
Speaker 1: He stands alone. He is that dude.
Speaker 10: Awesome.
Speaker 4: Ain't really big enough to describe. I'm out of words now, I know superlatives for this. He's simply God capital G capital O capital.
Speaker 1: To d You ain't got.
Speaker 4: Nothing top that, bet you don't ladies and gentlemen, he has done it again.
Speaker 1: Put your hands together. Come on, clap it up.
Speaker 4: Clap it up, everybody, you tell you together, clap it off. Okay, don't clap it if you want to. Okay, he said, he watches.
Speaker 1: Oh you ain't got time to get him around and the plot.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, Okay, sit down with your honor hisself, mess around, have a little quick breathing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you about little stuff you need him for us. Little all that ass sipping you doing, You do know that's him. Ask anybody that's had a heart attack or a stroke how important it is to just be able to take nice breath. Ask anybody you know what I mean? People hen saved from a stroke? How many people he even brought back from a heart attack? Man God in the healing bez It's Steve Hard Morning Show, Shelley Strawberry, Colin Frell, Mississippi Monica Junior Government name kill Space and the legend that is Nephew Tommy Junior.
Speaker 1: I'm scared to ask you what's going on today?
Speaker 8: Look, I just got a step question.
Speaker 4: Now, Oh he'll go, he will go. See that's what you need to do more often. Yeah, you need to put going in there by yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah I have.
Speaker 11: I've done that up. I'm trying to make it. I got a sup question, Matt. This is my first Father's Day. I keep hearing you and Tom and say it ain't worth it? Do I should I be expecting anything?
Speaker 1: Lower? Listen to me. I can tell you this right now. Huh. Lower all your expectations? What you mean? Lower? All over?
Speaker 4: Lower anything you're thinking about Father's Day? This is your first Father's Day. He and Tom have been doing this for years. I done had forty Father's Day.
Speaker 1: What are you expecting, Jim?
Speaker 4: What do you?
Speaker 1: I don't remember now? One? Oh, Well, I was expecting timing.
Speaker 11: I was expecting, like you know, everybody come over, everybody flying in from everybody.
Speaker 1: That's what you caught. What dogs? You think somebody by a plane ticket to come see you? They don't. They don't.
Speaker 7: Father?
Speaker 1: Are you crazy? Dog?
Speaker 4: You ain't been a far but one year you ain't even gonna You ain't even better fall the whole year yet. You might want to come hang out with me and earth cleck. You might want to do that. You might want nog You better buy you tick it and go some one ball. All the people in flying see you for what for Father's Day?
Speaker 1: For what?
Speaker 2: So so?
Speaker 5: No, not so.
Speaker 1: I have told you. Listen to me. Listen to me.
Speaker 4: Lower all your expectations for fathers all hard. You don't here, Get in this damn line with me and tell me you get this card and act like you're like frying this wood a pound, have a dog barking on the own.
Speaker 12: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew who's also a father as we run that brank back.
Speaker 10: Right after this, you're listening hard.
Speaker 12: Morning show, another weeknight leftovers, the usual TV shows boring. It's Shirley Strawberry here to tell you. Don't let that happen to your evening. Grab a seagrums of skin apes instead, and sip into something more flavorful. Try exotic flavors like seagrums escapes, Jamaicing me happy. A delicious blend of tropical guava, sweet strawberries, refreshing lemons, and juicy watermelon flavors. Turn the ordinary into the extraordinary with seagrums escapes and make happiness happen.
Speaker 10: Flavored malt beverages.
Speaker 12: Enjoy responsibly the Seagrum Beverage Company, Rochester, New York, used under license. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for us today, nep Why can't.
Speaker 6: I go out with my work wife and enjoy a good lunch without you interrupting to these husbands out there that's calling doing lunch.
Speaker 1: What do you want? What do you want?
Speaker 10: Okay, what do you want?
Speaker 1: What is it that can't wait till she gets home? What is it.
Speaker 10: This one out?
Speaker 1: What is it that you just have to say in that one out? Yes, let's go. Let's go. Cat. He probably gonna call in the middle of this. Let's go.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hey, I'm trying to speak to uh, to speak to Alan? It is Alan? Who is this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Alan?
Speaker 13: Yo? This Derek Man. Check us out, bro. You are Rachel's Rachel's husband.
Speaker 14: Right yeah, yeah, that's not bad? Means something wrong?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 13: I work this, Like I said this, Derek Man.
Speaker 14: I work with your wife, Rachel, right you you you're a supervisor or something. I mean you just this about work something. I mean she's doing a good job and everything came back.
Speaker 13: No, no, no, everything's straight. Man, ain't nothing wrong with the job. Everything is cool with the job. This this right here, man, is like what I noticed, man, And it's you know, it just seems like every single day, you know, while she's on her lunch break, it seems like, you know, you will call and and and uh and then blocked up the whole hour of her lunch break. And actually, you know, just be real, man, I'm just trying to come correct with you. It just seemed like you just cut in on all the time that I have that I had with her.
Speaker 14: Well whoa wa wa whoa woa ho Hold up on, hold up, hold up, bro wait you what the keep doing at lunch with my lady?
Speaker 13: Son? Like I say, you know, we just we're just spending time, you know, doing lunchtime. But it just seems so rude.
Speaker 2: You know that rude? Rude you you okay?
Speaker 14: First of all, that's my lady. Okay, I can call her whenever the I feel like calling. That that's I pay for the phone deal I bought that iPhone five I could get called whatever. Please all right. Secondly, you ain't got no business being with a married woman alone at lunch. This ain't no date y'are supposed to be at work.
Speaker 13: No, we are at work. We call like I said, we call workers. You know, it just seemed like half the whole time I'm sitting in front of her. You know, we're supposed to be having lunch together, and she talking to you the hole.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's what's your name?
Speaker 13: Get named there there there?
Speaker 15: All right, Derek?
Speaker 14: You work at the same building now, okay, you you will.
Speaker 2: Work right now?
Speaker 14: Huh yeah, I mean yeah, I mean at the job, y'all working the same flows. I'm goin to come and see you. You King's about to jump off way way different for you, straight up.
Speaker 13: Okay, So then let me ask you something, man, What is the big deal? I'm just trying to Okay, you act like you don't see her. You like you don't see her when she get home, you know. So why is it so important that you waste a whole hour of rush tun holding her waste?
Speaker 14: I'm talking to my lady, Okay, you understand that. Why don't you go out and get it and then you ain't got to worry about sitting up in front of the lady. That's my wife. I walked down the aisle with that. We got kids, we got a house, we take care of this.
Speaker 9: He helped me hold it down.
Speaker 2: And this you you you ain't you know it's like.
Speaker 14: You if you don't ever want to come in and do what they got stuff, always want to come in and somebody else's wife, And why won't you do this? Take take this advice and see what it works. Have works for you.
Speaker 2: Go to the church, library, grocery store where to find.
Speaker 14: Your debt, and you get you a chick. You gag her for a minute, You caught her for a minute, You romance up for me. That's what real men, do You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's what I did.
Speaker 14: That's how I got my my Rachel. That's the that's my heart. You try to sit up there in front of lunch with us every day for the past year. I'll tell you what, bro It may not be today, it may be tomorrow, but soon soon you gonna see me me. You're gonna have none of this phone conversation. It's gonna be a face to face you all.
Speaker 13: I'm man, I ain't trying to come between y'all at all. I'm done, okay, like I'm saying, I'm not trying to come between y'all. I'm just saying it's every day you call him, man, what do you want?
Speaker 5: That's it's right supposed to.
Speaker 14: Talk to every guy day.
Speaker 2: That's what a real do.
Speaker 14: You don't know about that because you are You ain't no real. All you know about is trying to holler at some street. You don't know what it is to put in work like a real man do, to actually hold down a home, pay the bills, everything, the family, the kids, and fixing the yards and fences. And you don't know nothing about that. All you know about is being a roture wife can't.
Speaker 2: Even go to work.
Speaker 14: But I like you trying to step in and don't mean no guy because but that's okay. Like I promise you I won't be there. You're gonna see me, and I'm gonna see you. You know, I'll tell you what this house is gonna go.
Speaker 2: It may not be the night, but.
Speaker 14: It's definitely not gonna go past tomorrow. Between now and then, you're gonna see me and I'm gonna see you.
Speaker 13: And I.
Speaker 14: What's your saying means I would come see you by tomorrow? Son?
Speaker 2: Mean you?
Speaker 1: Derek?
Speaker 2: That's your name right, Derek?
Speaker 5: My name?
Speaker 13: My name is there? Yes, you don't.
Speaker 14: I always want to people smiley face.
Speaker 2: In my wife's face.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna deal with Rachel when I see it. You can please believe that. Please believe that talk to about a little friend at lunch and like how help get my up anyway?
Speaker 13: I got you know on how to Rachel phone.
Speaker 5: But that's besides.
Speaker 2: You'll watch from y'all. Ain't that cool? I don't think.
Speaker 9: I ain't never heard of.
Speaker 14: No derens before the day. And what sudden you calling me talking about you? Was at lunch every day with wife.
Speaker 5: And you a dog.
Speaker 13: It's a friendly lunch day, just what it is.
Speaker 14: I know how you do friendly.
Speaker 2: I know about all that.
Speaker 14: You ain't fooling me. Got no like you who pray on Mary women all the time because they like you. But that's like I said, it's gonna change shot.
Speaker 13: Okay, don here's here's what you don't know. What you don't know is is is Tommy Tommy be pushing up on the more than me Tommy.
Speaker 2: Tommy who's Tommy?
Speaker 13: Tommy is always pushing up on her? Tommy the one you need to be worried about.
Speaker 14: You have Tommy who who the Tommy dog dog nephew Tommy.
Speaker 13: Man, check this out. This is nephew Tommy from the Steel harb In Morning show. Your wife Rachel got me the prank phone call.
Speaker 9: You can't believe y'all buggies me. Man, may I should have come down to.
Speaker 13: Man, man I am now.
Speaker 14: Oh well, you don't also gonna burn that building down. You don't even know?
Speaker 9: All right, tell me this is my prediction.
Speaker 14: Somebody gonna suck you up for real.
Speaker 2: You just play too much.
Speaker 13: May I'll Oh hey, man, take it out. You got to tell me this man, what is the baddest radio show.
Speaker 14: In the lay Only the Steve Harvey Morning Show?
Speaker 12: Man, of course, all right, nephew, Coming up next, ask the coelo you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: Our special guests will be comedian and actor Jay Farrow. Jay is starring in the brand new movie The Blackening, and he's coming on to tell us all about it for the first time.
Speaker 10: That's at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: But right now it is time to ask the CLO Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 12: This one's from Hamena in a southfield. Amina writes, my son was playing football, but his coach wouldn't put him in the game because I didn't want to date him. I told my son's father and he told me to go on one date with his guy, with this guy so our son can play.
Speaker 10: Is he nuts? Or should I do it for my son?
Speaker 1: Your son steal as.
Speaker 4: You thank your son, and you'll think your son ain't in the game because you ain't going to date.
Speaker 1: He wasn't in the game before he had. Your boy wasn't in it. Your boy wasn't in the game.
Speaker 4: Here Now, your ragged ass husy talking about going to date so your son can play. He should have spent more time with the boy, turning him into a ball player. Now you want to do you're gonna fix it, get you a little participation trophy by have you dating the man. He ain't got to go out with this man. Take your man out. Take your son out of football. It ain't what he do. It ain't what he do, that's all son. No, listen to man, stop all this here. Your boy ain't a football player.
Speaker 10: That's all to it another sport.
Speaker 1: Just go do something else.
Speaker 4: Football puts it boy on the debate team. You want the football to debate. If you can't play what you want us to do?
Speaker 1: What you want? What you want baseball? Try some football, hard, Dan, ain't what your boy do? Now?
Speaker 4: You gonna got to go state the coach so this little boy can get some playing time.
Speaker 1: He didn't. Wasn't getting no playing time for The man asked you out.
Speaker 4: You know what you're gonna have to do for this boy to get on this on this field. Girl, you know what kind of date it's gonna have to be for this boy to come come out to her. Run a plate with his number. Yeah, no, listen to me, you'll take your boy out of football. Your boy can't play football.
Speaker 12: Next question, all right, all right, says I met a man, Shelley, And the Dr says, I met a man shortly after I moved here, and he spends most of his time here, but he works in the States. When he is in Florida working, I barely hear from him. Is this because he's married? Or is he really so busy that he can't answer my calls?
Speaker 1: What what do you think he was doing for? He came to the dr.
Speaker 4: Who are these people that y'all meet that y'all think, ain't got no history, no background, no luggage. He and Florida. He got full blown situation going on this floor. Your thought because he met you at the d R that he had just unplugged his whole life in Florida. Little girl, lady, how old you are? Smell the coffee because it's roasted? Okay, I ain't never said it before, Julian.
Speaker 10: For it just came to you in that moment.
Speaker 1: It's just brilliant, just like Tim is stupid. Yeah, you know what I mean? Just come out, go ahead, all right?
Speaker 10: Moving on to Princess and Flint.
Speaker 12: Princess Sai, My husband jumped on my brother because he slept with one of my husband's ex girlfriends. My family is mad and they want me to be mad. He wouldn't have gotten beaten up if he didn't brag about it.
Speaker 10: What's right?
Speaker 1: Is right?
Speaker 10: Why should I be mad?
Speaker 4: Why is your husband jumping on your brother for dating ex girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Come on, why is your.
Speaker 4: Husband concerned about his ex girlfriend? How stupid are you and your rabbit ass family?
Speaker 1: What is you mad at this? What is you mad at?
Speaker 4: The brother fought exactly, The brother bragged about it. He slept with your husband's ex girlfriend. So, but now you mad at the brother and the family, But you ain't. You ain't mad at your husband for getting to fight over an ex. I wish I would, I wish I would. What I look like fighting? What because somebody slept with my ex? I'm gonna jump on him?
Speaker 1: Man? Please, man, I fighte. Anybody to go to go get involved in this, Go ahead, Please let me know how it works for you.
Speaker 16: Her family is on the brother's side because they're mad. They're mad at the husband. They're not mad, which is they're mad at the husband for beating up.
Speaker 10: But she ain't nogging, you know, lady, bragging about it.
Speaker 1: Why is your husband beating up your brother for sleeping with his ex?
Speaker 10: Exactly? That's the problem right right here?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 14: Why?
Speaker 1: Why is he even supposed to care? Augan?
Speaker 2: He's married to you?
Speaker 1: Now, man, lady, what's wrong with you? How you writing this letter? What he been doing to you?
Speaker 10: Come on?
Speaker 4: God? No, congratulations dog, because you're putting it on her.
Speaker 1: You got her brain? Ain't all twisted up? Yeah, he can't do it? No wrong?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 12: Last one, Steve, last one. This is from Dana and Durham. Dana Wrights. I'm forty four years old and I.
Speaker 10: Have a roommate that is a man.
Speaker 12: It's hard for me to explain to men that my roommate and I are platonic friends. Why are men so insecure about other men?
Speaker 1: Because we know what's all other man's mind.
Speaker 4: If it's on one man's mind, how the hell it ain't cross the other man's mind. Now, you dude, that might be liking you, But now you got a forty four year old roommate.
Speaker 1: He don't like you. See everybody else, Let's say you hit a room. Well, let's say you hit a room a roommate four?
Speaker 4: What did you done got yourself into? Did you get pay for by your damn sector? But you the one got a forty four year old man, and you think that ain't supposed to raise our brows? So you mean to tell me that this forty four year man?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you.
Speaker 4: So you think if you're sitting up in there watching TV, you gotta negli shall You don't? You don't think when he come in and try to sit down and watch TV too, you don't. You don't think he finished sit down and try to watch TV just to see what's happening. Oh, you'all friends, But guess what he don't really want to be your friends. Matter of fact, he hoping, he hoping you ask him to slide on across the hall. He even been, he dodn't been. He've been paying something down that hall so many nights you don't even know. Oh, he don't keep it in the room though, I'm gonna tell you keep it in the bathrooms, smelling your washcloth, all kinds of stuff. I'm just telling you, hold on, hold on. You don't know how many times you came home he had food featured you too. How many times he done came in and brought you something to jesse chessy case. How many times has he tried to give you a live demonstration of the type of man he is. I bet he fixing up around the house, taking off. You ain't took out the trash since she's been necessary.
Speaker 1: It's gonna happen sooner or later.
Speaker 8: Beverly, when when rent do and it's the fifteenth he no.
Speaker 1: Damn where unnecessary question?
Speaker 8: He trying to get here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So now, why are men so insecure? Because we know how men are? We are all a certain way. That's what makes us me.
Speaker 10: It's just that you know men because you're a man. All right, thank you, Celo.
Speaker 12: Coming up next, our friend, stand up comedian and actor Jay Farrell, will be in the building right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show, everybody. We got a very very special guest on the show.
Speaker 4: He's a stand up comedian, he's a bad man, he's an actor, he's a master impressionist. All he was a cast member on Saturday Night Live for six years, but since then he's been doing television movies. His newest project is called The Blackening. It's a horror comedy movie. It's coming out right in time for Juneteenth, and he's joining us to tell us more about it.
Speaker 1: Ladies, generally, let's just get to it.
Speaker 4: A funny man, a comedian, a master impressionist. Put your hands together for the one and only Jay found.
Speaker 13: Man. What's happening.
Speaker 15: What's happening. Blessings in the morning, Blessings in the morning. Blessing, that's all I gotta say.
Speaker 3: A lot of blessings, a lot of blessings at first time on the show.
Speaker 15: Man, Yeah, I know, that's that's that's surprising because we got and I know.
Speaker 13: I know, uh we didn't. I know you you always you always showed me love put my clips up.
Speaker 1: So got that.
Speaker 13: It's about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we always chop it up. I see him everywhere. We always talked me and him his system. You know, we had a great relationship.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: We stay in touch with each other. Man, get each other, help advite prayer, prayer, absolutely, a lot of prayer. Lowly everybody be prayer, everybody.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, let's talk about this new project you got, because since you left Saturday Night Live, man, you've been gv You've been doing movies. That is new Lionsgate horror comedy movie is called The Blackening and in the movie, a group of black friends went on the Juneteenth weekend getaway and got trapped in a cabin with a killer and they forced to play a game called the Blackening to survive.
Speaker 1: So tell us more about the movie and your character, Shank.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, you know, Sean is uh with a movie like you're saying it is? That is what it is that you got the group of friends that go out in there, they're in this cabin in the woods. Totally uh, totally regular for black people to be in the cabin in the woods, right, totally regular for us could be in the woods. And then you know they find out that they're you know, they're in a fight for their life. They're in a fight for the life, and they're all just trying to survive and get out without dying. And you know, the tagline for the movie is, you know you can't. You can't kill us first, you can't kill us all first, and so you can't. And uh, Sean, Sean is a bit my character is a bit open zealous, you know what I mean, he's a bit too adventurous. I would like to say, I'm not like that in real life. I just as soon as I hear now squeak or something, I'm like, look, we ain't going there. Let let's turn around here, we gotta we gotta, we gotta go to another state.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 14: We heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we heard Sean is in the movie acting white.
Speaker 15: There you go, acting super Caucasian.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what curious?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: Let's cause with the cave Yes, yes, super.
Speaker 4: Hey bro, you got all black cast. Now we know that black people are the first to die in the movie. So the whole first about trying to stay alive. So in order to stay alive, everybody got to prove they prove they blackness to the killer, So how does this all play out in the movie?
Speaker 1: Though, Man, can you give us any clue? We can see.
Speaker 15: I can't give you too much.
Speaker 3: I can't give you too much.
Speaker 15: Because I'm like man without giving without giving too much away.
Speaker 14: I can't give you too much without giving you too much away.
Speaker 3: But what I can say is it is an innovative I could say it's an innovative idea that's never been never been done before. And then you you know, black people in this film, you know, we're we're shown from different different aspects. You know, we're not monoliths. So there's there's all different types of black people from from every from everywhere that that story that stories haven't been told like they need to be told. So I think this is this movie is like a good corraling.
Speaker 13: Of that ja.
Speaker 1: It is so funny.
Speaker 16: So y'all in the cabin, y'all playing spades. It is so funny how you all have to prove who is the blankets. It's just interesting. You cannot predict what's gonna happen. That's what I thought about this movie. It's very, very funny from what I've seen so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like I'm saying innovative, and it's it's never this has never been done before, and I believe it's gonna set the precedent for like a lot of black horror or black comedy.
Speaker 15: Comedy horrors in general coming out. But for us to be able to shine like this in all black caves, Like it's just you know, it's just something, it's something beautiful to be a part of. And you know, the younger people that are looking at us, they're like, you know, I can do that too, And that's and that is the biggest message, you know that we can our voices can be heard, and our voices need to be heard and they will be heard.
Speaker 4: Hey, y'all listen, Uh this just sounds it's like for what to call it? And watching trailing everything. We're excited about this. This movie premieres this Friday. Everybody, you can get to the movies this Friday, June sixteen, right in time for June's team, well all audiences being able to enjoy this movie.
Speaker 13: Jay. Yeah, yeah, everybody, And this is a movie for everybody.
Speaker 3: Look, they had this, they had it playing at h at the Toronto International Film Festival, and you know that's Caucasian city right there, and all of the whole the whole theater was was cracking up and laughing.
Speaker 15: So I tell they have they have access to YouTube and social media, so.
Speaker 13: They watched them. They see, they see what we do. You know what I mean.
Speaker 15: We're getting out there.
Speaker 3: The word is getting out.
Speaker 1: There, man.
Speaker 3: But everybody can enjoy it. It's not just it's not just a black film. Black people can be unapologetic.
Speaker 5: In the theater.
Speaker 13: They can.
Speaker 3: They can talk to the screen, they can, they can yell out what not to do. It's really interactive. It's kind of like being in the metaverse, I would compare it to. But everybody is gonna have a good well Steve, you have me on something. Next time, I promise you in person, I'm gonna do you to you.
Speaker 15: I got you now.
Speaker 1: I got fine man, Hey man. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Jada Blackening is in theaters nationwide this Friday, June sixteenth, just in time for Juneteenth. Jay Ferrell, we love you, may congratulations dog.
Speaker 15: Good love you appreciate y'all.
Speaker 10: All right, coming up next, we'll tell you.
Speaker 12: I had to register to win a trip to Las Vegas to hang out with comedian Kevin Hart, right after this you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Listen up Steve Harvey Nation.
Speaker 12: Kevin Hart is taking over Resorts World, Las Vegas for Heartbeat weekend July sixth through the ninth, for four days of comedy and music with live performances by Kevin Hart, of course, j Cole, Jack Harlowe, Ludacris and Moore.
Speaker 10: And you're going to love this part. We're giving away a pair.
Speaker 12: Of tickets to see Kevin live at Resorts World Theater on July seventh, including round trip coach airfare and two nights accommodations at Resorts World, Las Vegas.
Speaker 10: Enter now and get rules at.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvey fm dot com sponsored by AEG. Present that Steve Harvey fm dot com for all the info that sounds like a fun show. Hey, hey, Steve, speaking of Vegas, Speaking of Vegas, we were all there when you retired from stand up in Las Vegas. It was a sold out show at the MGM Grand Arena. We remember it well. We ask you this all the time, but honestly, would you consider going back on stage just one more time?
Speaker 10: I mean, you got to miss some things about it, like the audience being back.
Speaker 1: On stage getting to last.
Speaker 4: I don't miss preparation and I don't miss the three hours before showtime because it's just good.
Speaker 1: Man, come out here, come on.
Speaker 4: But the only way I could do it is if I knew, if I knew, I was fitting to walk away from TV because I'm gonna be off TV right after the special.
Speaker 10: Man, you're gonna just say what you want to say that.
Speaker 1: Why can't you control what you're going you can keep? Well, think about the great specials you've seen.
Speaker 4: When you see that white boy Bill Burn, you see the sheer greatness man, Well, he can't hand on TV. When you look at Dave Chappelle, you see sheer greatness. You can't hand on TV.
Speaker 1: Show specially now.
Speaker 4: Selective Outrage by Chris Rock was a great comedy special.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but he was. He was right on the edge, right on the edge. I don't want to be on the edge. I want to be in the water. Yeah, I want.
Speaker 4: I want to I want to do the jokes that's really really funny to me in my heart. If I'm gonna do one more, it'll be the stuff that I really think is really really funny in my heart, without reservations or feelings.
Speaker 1: The culture has really affected comedy.
Speaker 4: In a great way. Yeah, in a great way. And it's effected as to the what I mean, everybody's feelings is hurt.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 4: You can't make any type of statement anywhere without somebody, you know, Man, I watched and I sent it to our senio yesterday. I saw a clip popped up on my timeline, but when our senior was on his show. When we come back, I'll tell you about it.
Speaker 12: Okay, we'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: All right, Steve, Before we left for break, you were going to tell us about a clip you saw from our senior hall.
Speaker 4: You know, you know we were talking talking about Carla said, has counsel culture really affected comedy?
Speaker 1: And it has, man, because it's so pervasive.
Speaker 4: Now, we live in a society where you have to agree with everything everybody says, or else.
Speaker 1: You're politically incorrect. And that's not fair.
Speaker 4: It's not fair that all of us have to agree with everything you choose as a lifestyle, or what you choose as a decision to live your life or portray different things, or just your view, whether it's religious, whether it's race, whether it's sexuality, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Why is it that everybody has to.
Speaker 4: Agree with it because you've come to that conclusion and if they voice their disapproval, just like you voice your approval and you want everybody's consent, everybody don't have to consent to that. And it's unfair, Yes, carlge what I'm saying though, for comedy on stage, you can have your views and opinions.
Speaker 1: And you're not a comedian. You don't have to.
Speaker 16: Agree or disagree for whatever issues are out there. But I mean for you and Tim.
Speaker 1: But that's junior.
Speaker 4: But that's what I'm saying. But listen here what I'm saying. Okay, listen to what I'm saying. Our view from a comedic standpoint about your race, your religion, your sexuality, your choices, your decision, all your political views. Now all of a sudden, we got to get canceled because we find something you say funny or we use you as the subject matter for the joke.
Speaker 1: And that's crazy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, used to say that all the time, Steve, when political correctness started, you know, it stems from their first political correctness.
Speaker 10: Now the whole culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you saw you did senor.
Speaker 4: I was watching the clip last night of our center and I sent it to him. And our senior was doing this show. Two gay guys representing the gay community, and they yelled out to our Sinio, why don't you have any gaze on your show? And our sen him said, wait a minute, what And the guy stood up in the back just is doing the tape. He said, why don't you have any gaze on your show? He said, well, we may have gaze on my show, but they're not comfortable discussing their sexuality.
Speaker 1: They didn't bring it up.
Speaker 6: This was in the nineties, man, and he talked about how you had Elton John on the show, and.
Speaker 1: Then he said and he rocked it.
Speaker 4: He said, but no, man, don't don't come for me, like did you think I'm Johnny Carson or somebody like I'm gonna walk away? No, man, I'm cleaving. But the guy said, but you don't have any representation. He said, well, who you want on the show, And the guy named some dude that was obviously a gay guy, and Seno said he ain't interested. He said, I put people on the show that's interested. Don't nobody even know him? He said, get you a show and then he said, man, get you a show this. He said, gay people on there all the time, we just ain't talking about their sexuality. And that's the part of it, man, that gets to people. And I'm sorry that I'm using just gay as the example, but that was on the tape. It goes into everything, your choice of religion, your choice of Hey.
Speaker 1: Man, Like I saw a clip. I saw this Arab.
Speaker 4: Guy who was just in dressed in the condurer and he had the head gear on.
Speaker 1: He walked into an all black classroom and had a bag.
Speaker 4: And he took the bag and threw it that whole room. That whole classroom got up and got out that door. Them black kids would roll. It becall the joke in it was because I'm dressed like this and I.
Speaker 1: Got this bag in my hand and I throw this bag. Everybody think it's a.
Speaker 4: Bomb exactly now now people in their community mad about that. Why are you perpetrating this stereotype, which I get, But the joke was him damn black clid. They damned it beat him out the room. Look, man, those stereotypes. It's called comedy.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: I've been telling black jokes for years, white joke for years.
Speaker 4: And all of a sudden, you can't say nothing about a group now because they offended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean you could say it.
Speaker 6: You just got to be more clever with it. It's teaching me to be more clever. But you're still walking that line. That line is right there. See to Steve, you want to go over that line?
Speaker 12: Coming up next the Nephew and Today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 10: Morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour.
Speaker 12: It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is I stayed all night and heard everything. All right, we'll go into that find out what that's all about in just a few because right now it is time for the Nephew and the prank phone call.
Speaker 10: What you got for its nest?
Speaker 6: Well, Shirley, I work here, but but on this prank I work at the club. You know when I work at the strip club. And you know, y'all wouldn't believe what my name or my name is Thunderboat. Hello Thunderball, And you're scared of lightning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, hey, come on, worry show. You just don't want to be thunder I'm Thunderboat, you know, not lightning I'm thunderboat.
Speaker 4: And let me ask you a questions. What do you think a thunderboat is? You think this prank out?
Speaker 13: But you know what?
Speaker 1: You know what? Don't hold up, man, you know what I forgot? My man, my man, go ahead say it. You're stupid, That's what my problem. A thunderboat. Let's go to the club. Let's put it out there.
Speaker 2: Let's go hello, hey, man, let me let's me not here.
Speaker 5: Who's called?
Speaker 2: Hey, this thun the boat from the club?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Uh? What times she get in on the boat? Hello? Yeah, yeah, this thun the boat?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: What times she get in?
Speaker 14: What you mean?
Speaker 5: What time you get in?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: She ain't in here now. But you know what I mean, I'm what you need.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm trying to I'm following up on. I'm trying to actually get an address and stuff. Man, she got me dancing this weekend on Saturday night, and I want to see it. Make sure I got the address and everything. Everything still on. You know, I don't already gave up.
Speaker 5: He got you dancing?
Speaker 13: Say what not? What you mean?
Speaker 5: She got you dancing?
Speaker 2: She asked me to do some male dancing on Saturday night. So I went on and took off at the club, and uh, you know.
Speaker 5: She's already got my guy, ain't she ain't had to do no male dancing. I guess she now, my guess he goes she goes to school at night on week so you know, okay, okay, okay, I ain't David David fiance what yeah, that's my gas?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on, squeaking fin to get married, squeaky squeaky Wait, wait, wait, okay, you my guys, ain't I'm David? Right, Okay, that's that's that's squeaky squeak Finna get me on my gas.
Speaker 5: You said you're a dancer.
Speaker 2: I dance that man is I'm thunder for But how do you know my gas? She come to the club on Saturday. She asked me about doing some dancing for this coming Saturday. So she already gave me half the money.
Speaker 5: He comes to the club on Saturdays. Now, my girl she goes to school on saturdays. Mane you know now a board.
Speaker 2: Listen, First of all, I'm blown away by you're trying to tell me squeaking married that you got me really toe up.
Speaker 5: With I don't know, no, no, squeaky.
Speaker 2: That's what we call her. At the club. Man, Man, look at I'm not finna get into all of that. What I'm really calling by this she got me working this weekend, doing some dancing, and I'm trying to just make sure that we are for this week because I didn't get much spot up at the club.
Speaker 5: You trying to tell me, mich girl hanging out at a buck naked club.
Speaker 2: But dance man, Squeaky been coming up in there, man for the last buck a week.
Speaker 5: Been there long enough, have nick name?
Speaker 2: I do knowing Squeaky four five years. Squeaky been coming. Man, this this thunderboat. Me and Squeaky go way back.
Speaker 5: Oh no, man, well we gonna handle it when she get in here, and you can you know handle yours? Have you got to handle it? Talk to whoever you got to to get your little money or whatever.
Speaker 13: Or no no, no no, but I get my spot.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wait a minue, mate, that that's not say as you listening, man, I can't get my slide back at the club now. Squeaker got to give me the remaining balance, man, even if she ain't gonna do, I need my other wanning balance.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna give you the raining bounds of nothing. Hey man, I need to ring my money money that that she gave you. What you're saying anything, you can just count that out. She's gonna give.
Speaker 2: Your thing, hey mann, the boat gonna get his money, man, I need my one fitting.
Speaker 5: Then the boats gonna get his quips.
Speaker 2: Well, then that's what you got to do.
Speaker 5: And that's what you got to do, man, I tell you what that's for, Thunderboat for being anything to get no cash, talking about calling square kid all this, so I ain't working for to give money away to some boat lighting or whatever.
Speaker 2: I ain't. Man. Look man, it's thunderboat. It ain't lighting. It's Thunderboat. Lightning worked on Wednesday night. Just thunderboat.
Speaker 5: I don't know who you done talk to already about that, but you need to holler that theam. But don't be calling here asking my gal to give you some money. Ain't giving you cause she don't make nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm coming over there now and get my money from Squeaky. I ain't hearing it.
Speaker 5: Don't make nothing. I take all the money around here, So you ain't gonna get nothing from over yet. Finding so you can wipe that your mind.
Speaker 2: I'm coming over there to get my money from Squeaky today. You coming over here, I'm coming over there to get my money from Squeaky. Look, I ain't got time to play. I don't allow my slot at the club. See what you get.
Speaker 5: See if you get some money, get your breed out.
Speaker 2: Sunder coming over there to get the rest.
Speaker 13: Of his dollar.
Speaker 5: You better not bring up over here because you come back. I'll tell you what. Bring them on over here, and I'm gonna show you lightning. I ain't know you had got you some money already. She riding here giving you money away. I'm struggling. I tell you what, you bring your overhither you want to and watch for to hound.
Speaker 2: Hey man, all I'm saying is I'm finna come over there and wait outside the down so Squeaky to get there to get the rest of my money. That's what I'm saying to you. You're gonna come over and sit outside what I'm finna come over there and wait outside for Squeaky to get there so I could get the.
Speaker 5: Rest of my money over here and sit outside my house.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm finna do. Is that's what it takes for me to get my money from Squeaky.
Speaker 5: I tell you what you bring. On over here there and sit outside my house and we can get your see you blow the horn. That's what you do, You blow the horse. I come out there and meet you and let you know what's going down to busty and we meet me in there. She can see your lay it out like the mother. Come on over here and get your money.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give my money. Oh it, Squeaky on you one hundred and fifty dollars and I'm finna come get it.
Speaker 5: Don't give them. What's she on you about? Said that mom? Is she giving you? You ought to be happy with that. You want to come over here talking about you want some more money.
Speaker 2: You know somebody on thunder boat one hundred and fifty dollars and thunder boat gonna get it money.
Speaker 5: Brotter, try to go and dance at the club on this weekend. So here you will not be dancing at the talking about hitting out front of my house.
Speaker 2: Squeaky gonna give me my one fit. You ain't even got nothing to do with this, no way. This transaction is between me and Squeaky. It ain't got nothing to do with you no way.
Speaker 5: Hey, the name is then it's got everything to do with me. You call my counsel talking about killing you something mine hand. I'm gonna right now bring you over here. I got your money, Come get your when I got your money right here, Gonna be sitting out front waiting on you.
Speaker 2: Squeaky the one to ask for me to dance Saturday night. Squeaky as I told her three hundred dollars plus tips. Now, I ain't gonna get no kipps, but I'll tell you what. I am gonna get my three hundred dollars. So I got one fifty and I'm gonna get the other one fifty with Squeaky. Get on. You ain't getting it from me.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get your busser from me.
Speaker 2: I got one more thing I need to say to you. What you're listening to me? Said?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: What I'm listen?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 5: Ain't you what?
Speaker 2: This just missed? You? Talment from the Steve Harby Morning Show. You just got pranked by your homeboy? Who this is, nephew? Tell me man from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your homeboy. God you see the quist to play too much? Man, y'all had met this.
Speaker 5: I'm putting on boots man year, I'm gonna go out here and squabble. I got pipes and bad I out here in whole man. All right, man, y'all, bro I'll be glad when somebody drank. You tell me, I'm gonna get that. Y'all got me, y'all got me?
Speaker 2: Hey, man, I got one more thing. I gotta ask you, man, what is what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the lane.
Speaker 5: The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Come on, y'all better get Thunderboss and love up from here on the boats. What what's the squeak? Yeah, hey, listen.
Speaker 6: Thunderball would be at the New Jersey Pack Sunday night. Baby, you don't want to miss it. The Nephew coming to town, New Jersey Performing Arts Center. It is the Father's Day Comedy Jam with Earthquake in the building. Tickets are on sale red now and laying in the cut. The eighty six the eighty six Conclave of Camp Apa cyber Trainey Incorporated, Tampa, Florida. I will be hosting the Family Outing Open for everybody that's right, Tampa Bay, Florida.
Speaker 1: The Noops are coming to town hosting along with me. Is the beautiful y'all having y'all having family day at the conclave. Yes, we do.
Speaker 6: Brother on the Riverwalk, It's gonna be outstanding. You want to come out there, you old mop Fummer. You can try them little jokes. You're here to do.
Speaker 1: We let you do.
Speaker 10: That was his career, not a little joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 12: Coming up next Strawberry Letters. Subject I stayed all night and heard everything. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like I'm going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 1: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 10: Thank you for you.
Speaker 12: Subject, I stayed all night and heard everything. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm twenty nine years old and I'm divorced. I've been seeing a man from my past. We reunited after my divorce and he told me he was in a situation with a woman. After months of messing around with him, I found out he and this woman were a lot more serious than he said they were, So I let her know that we were messing around too, so she did not get too comfortable.
Speaker 10: She copped an attitude with me, and she called me a side chick.
Speaker 12: Since she's not his wife, I figured he was fair game, so I am still messing with him too.
Speaker 10: She told our boyfriend that I called her.
Speaker 12: And all he said was that I'm the number one woman in his life and I shouldn't even worry about her. But I was at his house Thursday night and we had taken a bubble bath and I was warming up food I brought over. We heard a car pull up and he said it was the other woman. He panicked and told me to go into his office, his home office, and lock the door and he'd get rid of her. First off, she had her own key and let herself in. He said welcome home, and I heard them kissing. He asked her if she was hungry, because he picked up food after the gym. He said he had just taken a hot bath because he was sore after his workout. She said that she'd been so she'd been to have the hours, and she stopped by to do some freaky things to him before she went home.
Speaker 10: He tried to stop her, but he couldn't.
Speaker 12: They had the longest loudest sex I had ever heard. I started to leave out of the room, but I did not feel like fighting a drunk woman. He knocked on the door to wake me up.
Speaker 10: After she left.
Speaker 12: He said that I'm still number one, and he begged me not to dump him. She did come on real strong, and he did try to stop her. Should I let this slide or leave him alone?
Speaker 13: Girl?
Speaker 10: Come on, come on now, you gotta stop.
Speaker 12: I mean, you were right there, locked up in the closet.
Speaker 10: In his home office. You heard everything you said.
Speaker 12: It was the longest loudest sex you ever heard. You heard this with your own ears. What more do you need to hear? This man is having his way with the both of you, and you already knew this. I mean, you called him early on in the letter our boyfriend.
Speaker 1: He's winning.
Speaker 12: He has absolutely no incentive to stop seeing the both of you. He's living his best life right now. Apparently all he had to do was tell you that you're number one, and after.
Speaker 10: That he can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: He can do it.
Speaker 10: You're not number one. These are just words that came out of his mouth. He didn't mean any of this. No one, especially a number one, would ever.
Speaker 1: Be treated like this.
Speaker 12: What are you talking about? And don't make excuses for him. She came on real strong, and he did try to stop her. He didn't try hard enough.
Speaker 10: I mean, they did what they did. Okay, you heard it all. She has a key to his house.
Speaker 12: When she came through the door, he said, welcome home, and he tells you to lock yourself in the home office. He had to wake you up because she fellos.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 10: Stop this madness.
Speaker 12: Okay, it doesn't sound like you're number one to me or anyone else here, but it sure sounds like she is. Here's a deal. He's got two women. You're in a three ry relationship or a throttle if you will, and.
Speaker 10: You're sharing a man. Is this what you want? I mean, what is your endgame here?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 10: Don't settle for this. This is craziness, Steve.
Speaker 1: I got tired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, about three quarters into the letter, I was just exhausted trying to keep up with all this ignorance. You're twenty nine and divorced. You're seeing a man from your past. We reunited after my divorce. Now you in the rebound stage. You want to still feel wanted, like somebody wants you, So you get somebody you had in the past.
Speaker 1: Now, he told you he was in a situation with a woman. He told you.
Speaker 4: Now, the fact that he don't tell you the extent that ain't got nothing to do with it. He told you, I'm in a situation with the woman. After months of messing around with you, I found out that he and this woman were a lot more serious than he said they were.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no. He told you here in a situation.
Speaker 4: With a woman.
Speaker 1: Now you're talking about you find out it's a lot more serious than he said. He told you. So now you found out there's a lot more serious than he said they were.
Speaker 4: So I let her know we were messing around too, so she didn't get too comfortable. What you thought that was a good IDEA Wait a minute, this is how you think you secure a man. Call the other woman and tell her you messing around with him too, that you think if you break them up, that's gonna put y'all together?
Speaker 1: Is that what you thought?
Speaker 4: I keep kidding me, So then I told her not to get you comfort. She caught the attitude with me and called me a side chick because that's what you are.
Speaker 1: Sad she know it.
Speaker 4: Since she's not his wife. I figured he was fad game, so I'm still messing with him. Okay, so you signed up for the bullcrap told you he was in a situation. You called the woman to tell her not to do comfortable, not to get you comfortable. She shocked you with the news, I am comfortable. You the side kick, baby, baby, baby, Relax, you're the other thing.
Speaker 12: Oh we'll have part two with your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject I stayed all night and heard everything.
Speaker 10: We'll got back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 12: All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. I stayed all night and heard everything.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine year old divorced woman been seeing this man from a past he got together with after she got together.
Speaker 1: With him after her divorce. He told this woman.
Speaker 4: He was in a situation, true told After months were messing with him, she found out that this woman was a lot.
Speaker 1: More serious than he said they were. No, no, no, he told you they was in a situation.
Speaker 4: So then I let her know that we were messing around too, so she didn't get too comfortable.
Speaker 1: What wait a minute, you.
Speaker 4: Told her that you and this zooe messing around too in her not to get too comfortable.
Speaker 1: She caught the attitude with me and told and called me a side chip. Well you are.
Speaker 4: She knows it, and we're gonna find out in the letter why you decide? You but you already decide. When he told you he was in a situation with a woman, you signed up fordy way, you signed the agreement to be the side chick when he told you he was already with somebody. Since she's not his wife, I figured he was fat game. So I'm still messing with him. I can't tell you how many women moves out on that the little thinking right there you're doing. She told our boyfriend that I called her, and all he said was I'm number one woman in his life and I shouldn't worry about her.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, let me ask you. So when he was typing this letter, you ain't read none of this. You read you even you even capitalized the word our.
Speaker 4: She told our boyfriend I call her, and he said, I'm number one woman, as I shouldn't worry about her.
Speaker 1: Oh but then here go you problem.
Speaker 14: Use.
Speaker 4: That is how Thursday night, y'all had took a bubble bath and you was warming up food that you bought over. We heard the car pull up. He said, it was the other woman. Oh showtime. Now this is why I call this show time. Car pulled up.
Speaker 1: It's the other woman, showtime, he panied.
Speaker 4: Told me to go into his home office and lock the door, and he get rid of her.
Speaker 1: What he could tell you anything.
Speaker 4: You took your raggedy ass, your slide chick hands in the office and locked the door as she was.
Speaker 1: Told to do. Yes, yes, first off she had her own key and let her in and he said, welcome home again.
Speaker 4: He told you to go in the home office, lock the door, be quiet, don't come out.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 4: She came in the door with the keith. He said, welcome home. Your asses aside.
Speaker 1: Oh he's having fun, and I.
Speaker 4: Heard them kiss it. He asked her if she was hungry because he picked up some food after the jail. That's the food you fought my man right in and that we unlocking the door. Y'all ain't got the damn thing in him. All that PM changed. I bought all that in there, all of that number seven.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite.
Speaker 4: You not getting that Google got paid. Keep your damn hand off that egg for young Ain't none of that, y'all. And I asked for extra writing. I just shripped every beat. Nothing to do that. That's the food y'all picked up. He said, he picked it.
Speaker 1: Up in Jim.
Speaker 4: He said he's just taking a hot bath because he was so after the workout. Y'all took a buffer bath together. He'd have told her he just got out the bath tub because it's still steamy in there. She said she been happy, y'all, and stopped by to do some freaky things infore she went home.
Speaker 1: Tried to stop her, but he could, did he right.
Speaker 4: I don't want.
Speaker 1: Get up, get up, but you you know no, don't stop you up. Don't do that. Get up baby, Come on now, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Get a pillow, stop stop, don't do that, get up off, don't get up, off your knee, get up.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry stop what How hard did he try to stop?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 10: Not very hard.
Speaker 1: They had the longest loudest sex.
Speaker 4: I have ever heard. The homeboy was in there trying not to, but something told him to go ahead. They had the longest loudest sex I have ever heard.
Speaker 1: Ever. That's why she got to keep.
Speaker 4: That's why he said, welcome home, because it's the loudest. Long is sick. Your sex is quiet. Shot is long and loud. You're in that old you you you you baby six?
Speaker 10: She's what see you?
Speaker 1: You baby sex? You good? Good, I'm good, start in it. You better? What you doing to me?
Speaker 4: I didn't feel I started to leave out the room, but I ain't feel like fighting a drunk woman. He knocked on the door to wake me up after she left, he said.
Speaker 12: Comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on the Instagram at Steve Harvey at them, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Coming up next, it is Junior and Sports Talk right after this. You're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 12: All right, it's time now for you and Sports Talk Junior.
Speaker 10: What you got you yeah?
Speaker 8: Sure, yeah, yeah sure, no no, I'm not now, I'm not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 11: First of all, the Heat lose Denver was the champions. Congratulations to the Nuggets. They stay first one.
Speaker 1: I understand that.
Speaker 11: But the problem I have is the heat loss. And now I find out today that I ain't getting nothing for Father's Day. There's a lot of pressure right now. Okay, the stuff I had prepared for Sunday, I'm not gonna get. Okay, First of all, I hired this caterer, Okay.
Speaker 8: Got him coming. I've got the happy Father's Day banner I'm hanging up today.
Speaker 11: And now, yeah, this is my first one. Why would I not celebrate my first Father's Day? What's y'all talking about? And then y'all just tell me, ain't nobody coming, Ain't nobody.
Speaker 10: From out of town?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 10: What about that kind of holiday?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, hold on.
Speaker 11: I realized that I'm married into a family, and I realized when the kids needed advice, I was there. Okay, when they needed money, I was there. Okay, See I did it.
Speaker 8: And not only that, the grandchildren coming because I'm a grandfather as well.
Speaker 11: See, there's a lot of things happening in my life right now, and I don't understand how y'all gonna tell me that I'm not getting.
Speaker 10: Nothing and then heat lose.
Speaker 8: I'm having a problem.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we're gonna tell you not a minute, because he's gonna see it. In just a few days.
Speaker 13: Yo.
Speaker 4: Monday, Yo, Monday, we'll be discussing the gifts you didn't get.
Speaker 10: That you wanted.
Speaker 11: See, y'all are so hurtful, y'all like crushing my feelings, y'all, like doing this.
Speaker 1: What you want us to do with your little feelings? What you want us to do with them?
Speaker 8: But first of all, those be yours. I'm not little feelings. I have feelings.
Speaker 4: I know. No, you got feelings right now? No, I don't know what you want you want to Well, well you're not getting the damn.
Speaker 1: Thing for Father's Day, and welcome to the club, just like.
Speaker 6: He's throwing his own party. Go buy yourself something, get yourself, wow, wrap it up, Wrap it up. Then open it up and find out what you gave yourself.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Wow, I can't believe y'all.
Speaker 1: I can't believe y'all. Right now, let's let's go around the room.
Speaker 2: Junior.
Speaker 1: What kind of gift? What do you want for Father's a?
Speaker 6: Car.
Speaker 1: A car.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 6: Okay, father, I asked for three of those uh those those new track suits. Everybody win. I asked for three and then we'll see if I can get them. You're getting, right, that goes?
Speaker 10: Not a car, but a card. That's what you're getting. R Yes, what you want?
Speaker 1: Hold, I stopped wanting stuff for the hole time.
Speaker 10: Really have low expectation.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, don't have dinner with my wife. That's it. That can't be none. Okay, ragged ass kids of mine? Whatever.
Speaker 4: That only excuse you got everything, daddy. We don't know what to get you. Well, think of something, damn all right.
Speaker 10: Coming up at the top of the hour, a man lost a.
Speaker 12: Cap on a front tooth before his wedding and his fiance is freaking out. We'll talk about that right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show, all right, Steve. So this one is from bride to be in Arkansas. She says, I'm engaged to a great man and two years ago he had a really bad car accident that chipped his two front teeth. The cap on one of his front teeth popped off recently and broke so as Dennis had to order a new cap and we were told it could take up to six weeks to come in. We're getting married July first, and my fiance will not wear a temporary flipper tooth for the wedding. I don't want his chip tooth smile on my wedding pictures. Should I postpone everything for now? Or am I supposed to act.
Speaker 10: Like this is just no big deal?
Speaker 4: The homeboygo had to put that little fake thing in there. Now, I got a partner that heead it's tooth. Cute h They made one, but it was a little bit longer than the other one. Boy, let me tell you how hard we would laughing because he told us about it. And then Cliff said, hey, man, do me a favor.
Speaker 1: Put put it in.
Speaker 4: He went in the house and put it in and boil. Let me tell you something he wanted. He wanted to whoop, I asked. I laid down next to the truck. It's the dirt stretcher out laugh. He had a tooth longer than the other one. Who I was screams, Oh, yeah, you need to get that. You need to get that tooth put in there. You need to get that and if I don't know how you postpone the whole wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how you do that. And July first, that ain't long.
Speaker 6: You should have better, Dennist, though, you are ready to get something six weeks, man, you can get something tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, I'm gonna have to pay a little money. We're gonna go. I got to get this fun too. Yeah, allna be, We're gonna be. I think Jack adopted with his wife.
Speaker 12: Thinct Babe, all right, we have we have time for one more Steve. This is from k KK in New Jersey. KK says, I'm an executive assistant for a media personality and her son and I work closely together. I'm thirty six and he's twenty seven years old. We started messing around when we traveled together. Long days led to sleepless nights and crazy sex with this younger man. Now I'm pregnant and he's very happy about it. But I'm afraid I'll lose my job when I tell my boss. Her son thinks she won't care that we're having a baby together. Should I tell her I'm pregnant? But wait to say who the daddy is?
Speaker 1: Girl? This she gonna beat your ass her boss old though you lost the job.
Speaker 13: Oh you.
Speaker 1: All, she's lost their job. Yeah, you can kiss this job. Goodbye. This young boy, this young boys just.
Speaker 4: He got you all missed up, you see, you old fool, and you done got pregnant as old as you are.
Speaker 1: Don't you know that if you do that with no protection, that you will get pregnant. That didn't cross your mind, recklessly, you stupid. I don't know what tell you, lady. I can't help you.
Speaker 4: But that lady right there, when she find out, it's gonna be a problem. And it's not because you did something on the job, just cause it's her son. So now your old coopar behind, gonna trap my boy. And you know how to get pregnant. How old is this lady?
Speaker 10: She is thirty six and the and the sun is twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah yeah, all this stone. Oh but just you might as well just figure out what order you want to do it. Then you want to tell her you pregnant, and then it's by the boy, and then y'all want to hold hands and go sit with her at the table and tell her how y'all want to do it, y'all want to do it this far, all this day because that's what.
Speaker 10: He and this is her boss's grandson too, a grandchild.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's wait a minute, boss, oh that would be yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, but shoo though.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you this is a mess?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know that's up your money.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you gotta take care of this baby.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 10: This this is a mess, all right.
Speaker 12: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show's just gonna move on.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Morning show, Steve.
Speaker 12: It's well, it's Wednesday, and we found this video on TikTok from Deep with It. She recently tried your elevate you chocolate powder for the first time. Now listen to her testimony. Take a listen to this.
Speaker 10: Eeeve, here we go doing this.
Speaker 7: I'm doing this raw like I haven't tasted this.
Speaker 10: I just shook it up.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I did six or eight ounces or ten or twelve ounces. I just know I put it in my h what is this thing called my cup?
Speaker 13: He gave me this?
Speaker 3: The cup? The cup?
Speaker 8: When are you called a cup?
Speaker 10: Smells chocolate? It I can smell vegetables too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: That tastes like a you who's Steve.
Speaker 10: Come on, mister Harvey. This is actually good.
Speaker 7: And I don't do stuff like this. I'm not a healthy person. I'm trying to This is why I bought your your drink. Oh my gosh, it's good and it's not gritty. And I didn't even really check it up. Super super good because I'm in the car.
Speaker 10: But this is really good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm about to elevate.
Speaker 8: To elevate thanks.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good though, very cute. That was pretty good. Cute with that. Okay, I'm about to elevate it is. It isn't gritty.
Speaker 4: That's the first time it does taste like a Yahoo if I thought about it. You remember that chocolate drinking you.
Speaker 1: Yahoo? Yahoo is the website. Yeah, you know whatever. That's pretty good. Thank you very much. Elevate you.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's going to go to elevate you dot com. Elevate you al apostrophe e V A T.
Speaker 1: E U dot com get yours today.
Speaker 12: All right, we got more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour. We will play around it would you rather right after this you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: It is time now, guys for around it. Would you rather?
Speaker 12: Would you rather change one thing on your face? Or would you rather change one thing on your body?
Speaker 1: My faces fine? What tell them sexy? What what you say?
Speaker 4: My face is fine? Well, it ain't no need of trying to fix one thing. But then for what we left with, what you're gonna do about the other folk thing?
Speaker 1: What did you gonna fix your face or something on your body? Which one?
Speaker 4: I fix something on my body? But before I do that, what you're gonna fix on your body?
Speaker 10: You can't get off of that.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of ideas, But.
Speaker 4: What would you change about me? I changed them. I lifted them short ass legs.
Speaker 1: I do that.
Speaker 10: For starters.
Speaker 1: Its no, that's just all we got to do. You know he would fix well, I don't know if I fix it on his body? Tell me, but I would. I would have him.
Speaker 4: Consider either removing his head airline. I would just get rid of the hairline. Because you need to stop. We need to stop, because it's back there by his head says. Right now, that's all I change.
Speaker 1: You need. You need to just stop stop having this hairline.
Speaker 4: It's not receding anymore, it's actually marching.
Speaker 10: Would you rather have all of your teeth pointing?
Speaker 12: Or would you rather have a corn on each toe all of your teeth pointing, or a coin corn on each toe?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take them coins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you ain't gonna like them coins, because that's gonna be hal to walk in. But you but let them a little sharp ass teeth that now you smile and look like a little evil ass.
Speaker 1: Listen, all right?
Speaker 12: Would you rather have a spouse that cooks every day? A spouse that cooks every day? Or would you have rather have a spouse that wants sex every day? You want sex every day?
Speaker 1: Dre here every day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have a wife that cooks every day? Or have sex every day? Yeah? Man, I wanted to.
Speaker 4: I want her to want to have sex every day so she can feel like she can feel what they feels like. You're turned down?
Speaker 1: What you're gonna say? Not today, I'm not in the move. How that feels. Stop? I'm sleepy.
Speaker 4: See you last night too, okayah, and the night before last?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 10: They thank you, guys.
Speaker 12: That's today's round of would you rather? We'll be back to close out the show with some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, here we are, guys, our last break of the day on this Wednesday hump day. Now, if you missed your favorite part of today's show, you can always catch us up. Catch up with the Steve Harvey Morning Show on demand on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Okay, yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: That you get it right now? Now loaded, let's go.
Speaker 12: Hey Steve, before you get to your closing or we we have one more? Would you rather for your couple more?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 12: Would you rather have five small homes in different cities or just a big mansion in LA? Five small homes in different cities or a mansion in LA? Would you rather which one?
Speaker 10: Think about it?
Speaker 4: Come films on the tiny homes small homes, small, not tiny small.
Speaker 1: I'm taking I'm gonna be in l A, l A.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Junior, I'm gonna take the fat home.
Speaker 10: Yeah, five small homes in different cities.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I ain't never had fast nothing, so i gotta take They talking about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, all right, big dog, someone who's done this probably already.
Speaker 1: Don't take a mansion in l a mm hmm.
Speaker 10: And okay, all right, why was that small home?
Speaker 1: They gonna that's a sidewalk in front of your house. That can't happen.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, youa famous for that.
Speaker 1: Big Don Steve here, what sidewalk mail man?
Speaker 4: I ain't never seen the damn mail man a throwing paper up on your tree, lawn and stuff.
Speaker 12: Right, but you have probably witness on Saturday nicer neighbors than you have right now.
Speaker 1: I don't even know my damn neighbors. You know that one lady, how far the house? How far is the name from?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 6: Just still next though? Can you see the house from your house? Probably with some binocular?
Speaker 1: All right? Last one?
Speaker 12: Would you rather be On's Wealthiest List Forbes Wealthiest List or would you rather be on GQ's Most Fashionable List?
Speaker 1: Ford's hell? Forbes? Thank you damn but no, damn GQ.
Speaker 4: But you sitting up there with that nice sens houth it on, broke his hair, you know, put your last on that bag and all this.
Speaker 1: On be on that Forbes list.
Speaker 4: Dress just like Bill Gates, like he ain't, like he ain't got a damn job. Bill Gates dressed like he shopped right out of Ross. He ain't even in Walmart. He just said rass TJ Max buying stuff up. He'd be wearing Dockers. I'll be going dug what.
Speaker 10: He keeps his money?
Speaker 1: See that ain't no what do you mean? That's how you keep your money? If he doesn't spend it a lot to him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't spend a lot. No, that's some clothes is important to me. Yeah, that's Bill Gates. It's not obviously.
Speaker 12: Well then why don't you want to be on GQ's Most Fashionable list?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 4: Because you because yeah, you said, would you rather what if I'm gonna be on if I can be on Forbes Riches list? What is you talking about? Yeah, I'm gonna be on that list. And then once I get on that list, y'all can just watch the show after that?
Speaker 10: What is gonna happen?
Speaker 1: I ain't no telling Steve just out here?
Speaker 10: Well you have unclosed at all?
Speaker 8: Maybe which would you even speak to us again?
Speaker 1: Would you talk to us? Y'all? Y'all go, y'all, can y'all can immediately delete my contact?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 4: I might as well just go on just for money and going write y'allself a little tell all books. All y'all have on is comments all Steve's comments he'd have made on all commercial breaks since two thousand. But that's so that be a hello read for.
Speaker 1: He said, what go to eighty five? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, because people ask us all the time, what is it like to work with Steve?
Speaker 3: What is it like?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I try to be I try to be kind though, you know, to be I try to impart the things I've learned. You know, I'm older than everybody on the show. You know, I've been at this longer than everybody on the show. So I'm the elder statesman over here, so you know, Yeah, yeah, man, you do in.
Speaker 10: Part lots of wisdom.
Speaker 1: Y'all listen sometime when don't give em? Are you talking about someone specific on the show who doesn't listen to you? When each one of y'all has taken the pass like what? Like what really?
Speaker 13: Really?
Speaker 4: Don't do a damn thing? Surely don't do a damn thing I tell how to do. It's like just talking to a damn brick wall.
Speaker 10: My mother used to tell me that all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting over there all the twenty three years sitting next to me. Ain't done a damn thing I said. I forgot as a matter of fact, as surely, name piece of advice I've given her to She followed one.
Speaker 1: Just one?
Speaker 16: Okay, Shirley, name one piece of advice this Steve has given you that.
Speaker 10: You call everything that he's ever told me.
Speaker 1: I've just one of them, anyone.
Speaker 12: The one that pop popped into my head immediately was commit, be committed to what you're doing.
Speaker 10: You told me that I'm committed. You told me that.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I listened to everything you say. You're very smart, very wise, and very rich. That's why I listen.
Speaker 1: Jesus help me. Y'all have a great day.
Speaker 10: Talk to God.
Speaker 1: Talk to God. He'd absolutely love to hear from you. Yes he will. In peace.
Speaker 3: For all.
Speaker 12: Steve Harbi kan has no purchase necessary voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.