Speaker 1: This is my last time in the closet this week. So I'm moving into my what Yeah, I'm moving into an office actually too. Yeah, Oh it's not fancy. It's just me and my wife had organized the room to be our office, and so I'll no longer be in a closet.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's I feel like everything's changing up because now I'm in New York City and you're going to come out of your closet. I hope we can make the same magic.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping we make the same magic too. I got to tell you, guys something. I got two things to tell you. Guys.
Speaker 2: You don't have anything to say to me now that I'm across the country. There's nothing you want to warm up with. You just want to move on to some story about how your kid hit a goal.
Speaker 1: First of all, I wasn't going to talk about my kid.
Speaker 2: You don't hit the second of all.
Speaker 1: Second of all, you don't hit no, well, no you don't. Yeah, you kick it, you make it, Yeah, you don't. Just those things I gotta tell you, man. Uh. Sometime last week, my uh best friend got nominated for an Emmy. I was like, what the cregerada?
Speaker 2: I know, I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it, dude, you can't.
Speaker 2: I could believe it. Amazing, Donald, it was about me. It was about me. It all circled back to it was about me. No, I'm really, really, really thrilled. I have to say I will. You know, usually with those awards things, you they wake up at the crack of dawn because they come out so early. And when I didn't get a call, I was like, oh darn. I really was excited about it. And then I and then I woke up and I was reading the phone like, oh no, they don't get announced at eight thirty in the morning, and so I was like, I'm still in it. And no, I was thrilled. I was thrilled. I was running around and I got to go to dinner with Bill and uh and Brett and Hannah from the show who were in town for the premiere. Joelle, you went to the premiere and did you have fun?
Speaker 4: I had a glass let me tell you apple throws off party.
Speaker 2: I know, I love that.
Speaker 4: And the first time I drank in like maybe four months, two hard Siders, and I was like, I'm lit and I'm aslot.
Speaker 1: Too much.
Speaker 4: But it was fun. And on top of all of that, the show is freaking amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so glad. I'm so glad, and I'm just happy to be included. It's just really cool and I'm just very thrilled about it.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. You know, win, lose or draw. You wanted to get nominated really badly and it happened, dude, and you didn't have to go out and be like on the campaign trail. Now you know I didn't.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't.
Speaker 1: Now you got I guess.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what am I doing. I'm in New York City. I mean, I'm gonna come out for the awards and uh and go. Maybe you'll be my date.
Speaker 1: I would totally be your date.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to carry the back of my dress in my train.
Speaker 1: I don't mind doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, queen, I'm gonna wear it train.
Speaker 1: Okay, yah queen. Okay. So that was my first news. My first news is my best friend got nominated for an Emmy. It's one of the biggest. It's one of the biggest moments of his life, obviously, because this is something that he's going It's.
Speaker 2: Pretty huge, I gotta say, because like, you know, I really want to be a filmmaker. I mean, I am a filmmaker. I love being a filmmaker more than anything in the world, and uh to be you know, I was thinking about this, not to get serious for a split second, but get serious. You know, when I was a little kid, I was depressed a lot, and my parents are going through bad divorce and I and I was a melancholic child, and I was thinking about how the half hour comedy cheered me up. It was, it brought me so much joy. And you know, we joke about all those sitcoms we loved and all the joy we got from all of the ones that we constantly reference on here, and I just feel just so thrilled to be you know, we're talking about Scrubs, which obviously did that for a lot of people. Donald and I hear all the time how the show cheered them up when they were in a dark time, and and I don't know, and last so obviously did that for a lot of people during the pandemic. So I was just sitting there the night, trying to fall asleep, thinking about how grateful I am to be a part of this community, and so how grateful I am that this this this thing that really cheered me up when I was sad as a child. We get to be a part of today and hopefully make other people smile.
Speaker 1: That's well said, first of all, and I'm very, very very excited for you and happy for you as well. The whole household was like, holy shit. It's like it was like when you find out somebody did something really freaking cool. It's a lot of people are like yeah. We were all like, holy shit, Yo, you fucking did dude. You said you wanted to get nominated and you got not.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted to be in the mix. Everyone was talking about the show, and I was like, I don't know if I'm gonna get nominated, you know, because often it's the pilot of a new show that will get nominated. But interestingly enough, this show broke the record for the most nominations of freshman comedy has ever received. Amazing, which is insane for mister Bill Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Bill Lawrence, good for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, Bill broke the record. Our buddy who created this podcast, and and and then.
Speaker 1: And did not create this podcast.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm just kidding, but and then and then, so I of course was like, Oh, my goodness, I'd like to be on the mix. You know, I knew a lot of people liked my episode a lot, which was the second one, Biscuits, But you know, you think, like, oh, is it gonna be the pilot director, But it actually ended up being three of us nominated for the show, and mine was the earliest one, the one Biscuits, which I'm really I'm really proud of. So I'm I truly am happy to be in the mix. I'm honored to be a part of it. I love this community, I love being a filmmaker, and I just I can't wait to go and have you carry my train.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to carry your train. I've always said this to you, man, I think you're a phenomenal actor, but as much as you're a great actor, you're an even better director. Dude.
Speaker 2: Man, thank you well that dovetails into the one hundredth episode of Scrubs.
Speaker 1: That it doesn't dovetail yet, because I got another set of news. I got your kidnapped, I got sick, and I thought it was COVID nineteen. There's delta variant, dude.
Speaker 2: I thought you got that delta dude.
Speaker 1: I thought I got that delta for rizzle for rizzle, And it turns out I inhaled way too much smoke while smoking weed. That's what I'm talking about. That is what I'm talking about. And so now I have I don't know if it's pneumonia, but I have congestion in my chest and nose.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank god it's not the delta. And you were talking about going on a weed break again? Did that? Did that happen?
Speaker 1: That impromptued a reed break like no other within like this happened three days ago? And uh, and let me tell you something right now. Yeah, is weed is out the dough again, out the dough as as they say, as they say where I'm from, it's out the dough.
Speaker 2: Yeah again. I think that's good. I'm glad you don't have the delta.
Speaker 1: I flew.
Speaker 2: I went to Atlanta to do a part on this movie with Cole Sprouse. I got to tell you, Donald, it reminded me of of you and me on Scrubs because the script was very funny. But then he was just asking the director asked me and and Cole to riff. And by the way, Cole has we share Phil lewis in common because he was mister Mosebley on the Shore. We were too old for it. But on True what was it?
Speaker 1: Just Sweet Life Zack and Cody, Zack and Cody. It was a bunch of different versions of it. I think right.
Speaker 2: He was on it a long time and but he was telling me how much he loves Phil, and I was like, oh, my goodness. And he's said to me, he said, I don't know. You probably don't remember this, but on the season finale, the season eight finale of the show, when when Phil came back and everyone was lining the halls, he said, me and my brother were such fans, and Phil brought us to the set. Do you remember that.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that, but I remember meeting those two when they were a lot younger. Yeah, well, when they were kids, And I do remember Phil bringing them to seven because then I would run into them after and they'd be like hey, hey, and I would always take a picture with them and send it to my kids, like yo, lacu, I'm hanging out with Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, it was really sweet. He's a really, really, really funny and talented person. And anyway, so we're riffing, right, and I haven't laughed this hard since scrubs. Dude, we were just we were coming. It was like one thirty in the morning, you know, the crew is like everyone's exhausted, and we're just riffing these jokes like in this episode with the manatee and stuff, and a zillion times with you where I just cannot get through what we've come up with and we're both staring at each other like hmmm, d you know, and You're like, come on, like give your slapping your face, like you got this, And then we'd be like and I had to say this sentence and I just couldn't. I finally turn the director, I'm like, I don't know if I can say it. I don't know if I can say that laughing. It was just so fun funny.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I love it. That's great. Man's having a good one. You're having a good fucking week right now. Bro.
Speaker 2: Yes. By the way, Berlandy texted me and he's like, you got an Emmy nomination and you're in my film. This is a good week for you. It was. It was a very good week. And I'm so happy to be talking to you. Guys. I missed you, and I'm I'm I'm really glad to be talking about episode one hundred. I can't believe you know, I wrote down one hundred. I was like, that means we've made a hundred podcasts. I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: No, we've made more than a hundred podcasts.
Speaker 2: Because we've done special ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've done specials. So we're up there like one hundred and four hundred and five hundred and six something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a really really I haven't seen it since we made it.
Speaker 1: This shit has so many jokes in it, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And I just learned I missed a lot of stuff. And I looked on you directed.
Speaker 1: This, and you missed a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Dude, Well no, I'm saying I missed. I didn't know where a lot of stuff went. And then I went on Scrubs Wiki and said, there's a there's an extended ten minute long version on the DVDs. So if you have the DVDs, you better go watch them because I directed it, and I remembered all this cool stuff and really funny stuff. Rob at the Zoo, we shoot them at.
Speaker 1: The Where is said monkey?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where is said monkeys in the show? No, it wasn't, No, it was hey, before we even get started, before we even get started. We are here to announce the second live version of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Where's it called.
Speaker 2: It's called Live Show two, Live Harder.
Speaker 1: Like that, Yes, like that, I guess what.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be joined by the legendary Johnny c McGinley. Bam, and we're also going to be joined by another surprise star that's going to blow you out of the water.
Speaker 1: But bam, bam, bam. Let me ask you a question, zach gy sir. This glorious date, This extravagant extravaganza.
Speaker 2: Ninth Donald's September. You're just taking too long. September ninth, everybody, September ninth. It's a Thursday. It'll be six pm on the West coast, nine pm on the East coast. Everybody else figure out your own mass.
Speaker 1: But uh, it's will be an extravagant extravaganza.
Speaker 2: It's called Live Show two, Live Harder, with special guest Johnny c McGinley and also another surprise guest, Joelle.
Speaker 1: I believe will be glorious Galleria.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I'm gonna call my glory my lunch is the episode we'll be watching, and you will see us on zoom and we will discuss it. You'll see Joelle's beautiful face. You'll see don't get the fact that Daniel still doesn't have a dresser.
Speaker 6: That is true. That is unfortunately true.
Speaker 1: Dan, Where do you put your clothes.
Speaker 2: On the floor? No, I have, I have. It's don't get me started. This is a plug for our live show. Donald, Now you're gonna go back in the closet for the live show.
Speaker 1: No, I think I have to for sound purpose.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think for sound purposes. You are all right, everybody, live show, please tune in. It was a whole lot of fun last time, and this time we're gonna have you more fun. And Joelle's gonna tell you where you go to buy tickets.
Speaker 7: All right, thanks Zach.
Speaker 8: If you listen to an earlier version of this, then you heard a ridiculously long, you know, web address to get to the site where you buy your tickets. But luckily the cool people are on Location Live gave me a much better web address. So here's one you won't need a pencil for. You're just gonna go to on locationlive dot com slash Fake Doctors, Real Friends again. It's on Location Live dot com slash, fake doctors, real friends. You can get your tickets there. Now, we'll see you at the live show. Thanks guys, Bye, when's that date again?
Speaker 2: September ninth. Do you remember how Herman Kane used to go nine nine nine. Yeah, Well it's nine nine two one if you and if you're in New York, it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: At nine yeah nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine ahead nine nine nine nine nine nine.
Speaker 1: Now you Nick, go in nine nine nine. Let's get into ours. Let's get into our show.
Speaker 2: Okay, count save stories.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in Canada.
Speaker 10: He said, here's the stories all so YadA around you here, yeada around here set.
Speaker 2: I remembered a lot of things that weren't in this episode, and I don't know the trivia if this and it aired was a bit longer than what's on where I watch it iTunes or wherever you watch it Hulu. But there was a bunch of stuff missing, and there were longer scenes like you when you first go meet mister Bolger, who's my acting professor, David Downs, who changed my life in a lot of ways At Northwestern, and I cast him as mister Boulder. That scene was a lot longer.
Speaker 1: And which was the last scene.
Speaker 2: No, by the way, that scenems great.
Speaker 1: That scene is amazing. The first scene you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that scene. We had to get to that scene in at the end. You're so good in that scene. But I'm talking about the first scene in the doctor's lounge was longer. There was a lot. There's a lot that was cut out. Anyway, if you happen to be someone who owns the DVDs, I read on Scrubswiki that there's on that and I guess it must be the season five DVD. There's an extended cut, which you should watch because there's a lot of stuff that's cut out. And this was really special. I was so honored I got to direct it in classic bill form. He gave me ones that were impossible to make in five days. I don't know how we shot this all in five days, or if we even did, but it has so many classic funny Scrubs moments in it.
Speaker 1: We got a lot done. Like there's so many jokes in it, Like just first of all, opening up the show with Toto. Yeah, now this is like right, then and there Dorothy and Toto together, you know what I mean. Cox's number one thing to call you is Dorothy, and here's Toto, right and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now so this is a set obviously, and it's in the rain. I was just super analyzing this whole episode because there's so much and even after I'd like spotted a lot of things, there's a zillion things if you look again, if you're really curious, we're not gonna probably get to them all. But there's so many references on Scrubs Wiki you can look up.
Speaker 1: There's so many jokes. Dude, there's so many jokes in this episode.
Speaker 2: There's no way to know to the I need to get past the fact that I missed some of them. Like Rob at the zoo, going where is said monkey? They're looking for what are they looking? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, they don't go to the zoo. The kid is in the freaking hallway, and the kid went to the zoo like I took a kid to the zoo or some shit like that. And Rob comes in and is like, kid, where is said monkey? And the kid the kid's talking about a monkey and another monkey doing something or something like that. And then Rob's like kid, he grabs the kid kid, I got one, I got one question?
Speaker 2: Where is said monkey?
Speaker 1: Where is said monkey? So opens the show with Toto.
Speaker 2: Opens the show with Toto. Okay on the on the classic old iPod, and there's rain hitting the window. And now this is a woner. The camera's just spinning three sixty and then it's speeding up within the sections until it gets to me in the tub. Now I see this meme all the time. This is like one of the most common memes people have ever sent me, with me lying in there and going it was awesome, and then I go, Mango, buddy, buddy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Mango JD. Right, JD loves living at Elliotts houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wrote it very plush. She has all these slippers and soft things and bathtubs.
Speaker 1: Everything that he's ever wanted but has never been brave enough to say.
Speaker 2: Right before, he doesn't have any money. I mean we've established it. Elliott parents are rich. They help her out with our house. So she's got a nicer house than we than definitely Turk and JD Haad.
Speaker 1: I think Turk would enjoy this as much as absolutely, yes, as much as JD. So then we get to the way, hold on, hold on, what the fuck is in the mango body butter that? What did you eat?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Do you remember? I think it was like probably flavored cream cheese, That's my guess. I remember it was edible and had to look like body butter, so I I for some reason, I think it was like not mango, but you know some you know with cream cheese comes in all the different flavor. By the way, if you hear an incessant ice cream truck in my apartment in New York, I have had so many elaborate fantasies like doing maguyvers ship to this fucking ice cream truckau. If you live in New York and it's you just have to get used to the fact that you will always hear.
Speaker 1: Whatever the fuck that song that's not the that's the that's the that's Pop goes the Weasel. The ice cream truck song is this guy.
Speaker 2: Goes the Weasel.
Speaker 1: But the ice cream truck song is do do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do do do do Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's in the rotation, but it's just NonStop. You just if you're if you live here, you're required to accept that you will hear that fucking song all day long.
Speaker 1: Yeah do do?
Speaker 2: I can hear it right now.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I have laid in my bed and like thought, like, okay, here's what I do. I don't want to I don't want to hurt the man's business, but I am going to take wire cutters and when he's not looking, I'm gonna clip the little pa speaker thing.
Speaker 1: The crazy thing is you live in an area where there aren't a lot of kids running around the only reason why he would need that song on is so that the kids know the ice cream truck is coming. Eddie Murphy did a whole skit, a whole freakoncession.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: He is parked at the corners, open up the door like I got ice cream, y'all.
Speaker 2: Anybody pass them in any other place. The ice cream truck drives around. You hear it, and your brain goes, do we want ice cream or not? And then the truck leaves right right in my neighborhood. He's parked there all fucking yay. I'm sorry, bro, And I thought about going to have a chat with him, like how much ice cream I have to buy right now for you to turn You just.
Speaker 1: Go for you just to go.
Speaker 2: I want to reason with him, being like, Bro, the song shouldn't be on all day the song maybe once an hour at the.
Speaker 1: YO, dude, what's it's? What's its fuel bill? Like, dude, he's.
Speaker 2: Got generator, it's off the generator, Dude, Dude. At the top of the hour, play the song. Remind everyone you're here, but all day long, I'm I'm I'm gonna, I'm gonna cut the wires. It's such a culture shock coming from Los Angeles to New York with all the sounds.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean in New York we all live on top of each other. Yeah, La, we're a little bit spread.
Speaker 2: All right. So we've spoken about this stunt a zillion times already, but it was the most elaborate stunt we ever did and expensive. It might not look that complicated to you because it's just digging two holes, but like as far as OSHA's standards go, you can't just throw a stunt man in a hole. You dug an asphalt. You have to like support it because it was deep. So the first hole is deep and had to be what do you call it, cemented? Not cemented, but short up, short up is that a correct term.
Speaker 4: Shure up to support something or keep something from falling by placing something under or against it.
Speaker 1: They shored up the.
Speaker 2: Roofs okay, So they shored it up, and it was and they had to get permission from the city. I remember Randall telling us it was a whole big deal. So the way the stunt goes is that the stunt man it's a woner again, which is just to make it one step harder. The holes are obviously not connected, but the stuntman drives the scooter into the first one, and then the camera pans and I'm hiding underwater holding my breast in the second hole, and then the grips were banging as hard as they could on the asphalt. That was my cue, because I could hear it very vaguely underwater, and that's when I popped up. And we only had, really, I think we had two scooters because the scooter is obviously instantly ruined, so we only could do it like twice. And it's hilarious, it really was.
Speaker 1: We got it, and we fucking got it. Dude, I can't now what did you say? Where was that? Yeah? When you come up, you say where was I? But you say to the janitor, hey, do you know anything about any odd underground canals?
Speaker 2: Because this is a whole rift thing. This is exactly what I'm talking about I just did with Cole where this was one of those situations with Neil where we were just riffing the stupidest hit and cracking each other up. We could barely get through this. But yeah, I said, was is there some sort of underground canal system? Because I think I saw a manatee? And he goes straight face, He goes, was his name Julian? And I go we didn't exchange pleasantries. He goes, that's Julian. So yes, and there is a manatee that lives underneath the hospital and a canal. And he's rude. He's not a friendly man.
Speaker 1: He's not a friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, I forgot to say, And here comes a biggin when I drived into.
Speaker 1: The where was I? So now we go into the ICU.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, the sneaker painting which gives me red ruby slipper, and of course the lines which is eventually going to give us the yellow brick.
Speaker 1: Yellow brick road.
Speaker 2: Now there was a whole other little elaborate thing that got cut here with the janitor. But again that's on the DVD and then you're right, we go into payback is a bitch.
Speaker 1: Payback, Payback is a bitch. Now, how did this is? My question is what did you do to Cox? You call? You would call him in back in the day on his days off, to make it so that you so you wouldn't have to make a decision, You wouldn't have to make a tough decision. So yeah, when you're an intern and.
Speaker 2: You're scared and you don't want to make a crucial call. He's saying, you called me in so many times for stuff that he shouldn't have called me in on. And I'm so happy that it's now on you that this is happening to you, that I've I've literally hired LaVerne's church choir.
Speaker 1: Bullshit. I called bullshit right here. How do you get a fucking church choir inside a hospital behind a curtain only to reveal it when JD walks into the.
Speaker 2: Eye you can see it.
Speaker 1: How did they know? How did they know that you were coming into the ICU? How did he know when you were coming in to close the curtain and be like like keep it down.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you can see them. It's funny. When you turn around you can see all their legs beneath the curtain.
Speaker 1: You're looking for it. I didn't look for.
Speaker 2: It, but yeah, that was funny. And then they cut it out there used to there was a version again, it might be on the DVD. But where I get all into it, I mean, I get a little bit of the spirit and I'm dancing along to pay back is a bitch?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think in this version, just Keith sort of starts dancing a bit, got it, Fucking Keith, Fucking Keith. So JD wants to get home, all right, so obviously we're.
Speaker 1: Right, it's his day off. He shouldn't be in the hospital, he should be at home. But he keeps getting called into action, right, very similar to Dorothy falling into uh, you know, being twisted up into what's the oz?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she just wants to get home, and he just wants to get home, and he's trying to escape the hospital, but everyone keeps pulling him back in. I thought I laughed out loud when we gasped collectively when Judy, this is Webster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a sitcom.
Speaker 2: Did you like Webster? We've spoken.
Speaker 1: I watched a few episodes.
Speaker 2: I don't think Webster was one of my go too. That was more of a different stroke stroke guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I watched quite a few episodes of Webster, but I just I don't think it wasn't as into.
Speaker 2: It st I thought it was so cool that Webster had a secret staircase behind the grandfather clock.
Speaker 1: See I don't even remember that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Webster had his own little secret backstaircase behind I don't know why he had this or who. I don't think anyone else used it but Webster. But he had like a little backway upstairs.
Speaker 1: What up to his room? Where did it lead?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did he ever look up Webster and his secret grandfather clock staircase?
Speaker 1: Now, because it's a sitcom, did he ever use it to escape?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just I didn't watch a lot of the show. Like, I'm way more versed on different strokes and the zillion others that we've discussed. But anyway, that was very funny when the Bassinett's all Domino like Domino's.
Speaker 1: Yeah that made me laugh. Also, I wrote down babies falling like Domino. Yeah, that was very funny.
Speaker 2: At four twenty one when Jack. First of all, Jack is adorable, but he's so multiple distracted and you can see that Jordan Christa is holding him and he's looking up clearly at the boom mic.
Speaker 1: Right if you have a boom.
Speaker 2: Mic over a little kid's head, it's so distracting because they want to look at it like and that happens multiple times in this show that he's either steering into the lens or looking up at the boom mic that's floating right over his head. And at that very end last epic crane shot, which which was so elaborate and I'll tell you how he did it. But even then when Carl when Judy's playing with him, you can see he's looking out the window at the That kid ruined every shot he was in in this episode so cute. It's gotta be like, I don't know, but he was so sweet in the end scene with Judy when when when first of all, Johnny See is so good in this episode, and it was so sweet in that end scene where he's giving Carla pep talk and he says it'll be different because they're yours and they both have these matching giant blue eyes. I thought that was so sweet. And uh oh, Joelle is saying that the staircase went from the living room to the downstairs duplex.
Speaker 1: They had it.
Speaker 4: That's what it says on the interwebs. I have never seen this show.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, it was probably their back staircase, but it was. It was hidden behind a grandfather clock. I don't think it led to like a secret webster layer or anything. What about both women'll talk about something that didn't age well, both women being sexually attracted to Rudy Giuliani.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I was gonna write. That's what I wrote. I was like, what the fuck I wrote? Uh, this was back when people liked Rudy Giulian before.
Speaker 2: He lost his fucking mind. And that's not a political thing to say. Okay, no, it's not.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 2: A fact that the man has lost his g darn mind.
Speaker 1: He's not misunderstood that. Dude's just crazy.
Speaker 2: You can be a Republican, it's okay, but you have to admit that Juliani has lost his fucking mind. He's a nut job with his fucking hair dye dripping down his face.
Speaker 1: He's a nut job.
Speaker 2: He gave his press conference at the Four Seasons Landscaping because he thought it was a Four Seasons hotel, and then still didn't change his mind, like, guys, we can't, we can't do this press conference in a parking lot for a landscaping company.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna do it, you know, We're just gonna do We're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it. We're gonna do it. We're all here. Let's do it. There was a crew member on the on the Cole Sprouse movie who had a four Season's Landscaping T shirt. I want one, I want one, I want anyway. You know, this was around a time when Juliani was still such a hero, you know, after he was such a badass during nine eleven eleven and he you know, he was people thought he could be president and he was. He was he was a hero, and so it was. It didn't it wasn't out of place for these two women to be like, oh my god, Juliani.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it's a little out of place, especially after especially after blow at two and everything.
Speaker 2: I think I think there's you keep you can keep saying there's been a low point, but they just keep coming. So anyway, the press conference at the Landscaping Company was one of them.
Speaker 1: All right, Rabbit, do is Elliott's intern? Did you see that?
Speaker 2: As Scott Rabbit my stand in? Who you guys see?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who you guys heard on the on the special episode with the with the stand ins. And also later we see Renee as another one of Sara and Rabbit. They both have lines, so that.
Speaker 1: Was good and they delivered them well.
Speaker 2: They both did a great job. And then Elliott calls her interns rock tours. Yeah, and then and we learned that Elliott is hiding right.
Speaker 1: Because they all think she's good at what is it?
Speaker 2: It's end of chronology And they said she went and did a she went and did a fellowship, but she only lasted five days. And she's come back all cocky about all her experience, and they're like and and and even Cox can't figure out how she's getting all these answers. We learned that she's hiding them all over the place, which was very funny.
Speaker 1: While Ted's band is singing Maniac which was phenomenal. Also, Uh, you didn't go to as Fay school, but you seem to be doing a great job at that. And then you running over and giving a high five. Yes, and I know them right, And she goes and he goes, you got a high five? That really? And you go, I didn't know. I didn't know what it was for. I gotta stop doing that. Yes, okay. First of all, there's no am I right, and I go, here's some okay. First of all, there's no reference in the show at all of you go getting out of control with high fives at all at any point in the.
Speaker 2: Show where there were cut. There was other ones in this episode that were cut.
Speaker 1: So when I watched it, I was like, wait a second, I don't. I don't, huh. I thought that would have been a great time for Todd to show up out of nowhere. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: There was, but I think there was a really there were like this was another runner of in the episode, and it's probably in the ten minute long version, but it's not in this one.
Speaker 1: But I did laugh. But but then when I saw inflatable five, I was like, yeah, you can't bring him in with that high five. You got to bring him in inflatable.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got all those persons, now you you you commissioned a Kelso bobblehead that doesn't feel like a cheap present.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't at all, doesn't. Not only not only that don't That was the bobbleheads that we got as wrap gifts. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what happened was, I obviously the prop department found a company that would make you know, special bespoke bobbleheads, and then once Bill saw how great they were, he he hired them to make for all of us. We all got you know, they weren't like professionally made. I mean they were made by an artist who made these things. And we each got all six or seven cast members.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody got one.
Speaker 2: Do you still have yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, somewhere.
Speaker 2: Some of them are broken. I still have them somewhere. But that's where Yeah, that's where Bill got the ideas, and it was a really nice present from him.
Speaker 1: It was such a great presence.
Speaker 2: I love this. Did you eat? Did you eat? My mango body? Butter? No? A shmut.
Speaker 1: Should rolling a shmeed it on a bagel.
Speaker 2: Everyone brings in presents because they're all trying to schmooze Kelso to get this heart transplant, which also sets up this device that you're looking for a heart. Elliott is looking for brains and Carla is looking for courage.
Speaker 1: Correct, because Carla doesn't want to have kids. After babysitting baby Jack.
Speaker 2: Right, she baby sits Jack for not very long and realizes, fuck this, I don't think I have it in me.
Speaker 1: This kid's a painting the ass. I don't want this.
Speaker 2: Right and Cox later points out to her that when it's your child, it's different because she's like, I want to smash this kid's thrice.
Speaker 1: Now you want to smush your kid's face till you just don't do it. You just don't do it like my kids might. Okay, so here's a great example. My kid had a great, uh weekend all weekend, right. He played on Saturday, scored two goals in his soccer game. He's a huge fan of basketball now, right, so his favorite team is you know, whichever team is in the playoffs, So right now, Phoenix is his favorite team because he likes Devin Booker. He's only he's only seven, now, you gotta remember that. So he loves Devin Booker. He really likes uh uh, Chris Paul, he likes DeAndre Ayton. They're the Phoenix Suns and they're going up against Milwaukee, which have. Okay, now they have and this is the end of the tournament, the end of the season. Giannatacompo, Drew Holliday, Chris Middleton are the stars on They have plenty more stars, but those are the three buses.
Speaker 2: You love this sport so much.
Speaker 1: Dude, It's the craziest It's the craziest thing ever. This dude wants to watch documentaries. He's a listen. He's watching Kobe Bryant's Detail to try and figure out how to play better basketball. I got video after video of him from when he first started playing basketball to how he's playing now. His shot looks really good, he's ripping people, he's shay, he's got moves, whereas before he couldn't do any of that. Anyway, this kid tells me last night, I mean two nights ago, that it's my fault that the Phoenix Sun's lost because he couldn't take the pain. And we're like, it's okay, baby, don't worry about it. This is how basketball goes. Crying, yeah, crying, crying, Yeah, dude, I've cried at basketball game several times.
Speaker 2: No, but why I understand. I can understand he's crying his team loss he's upset. Why is he blaming it on you?
Speaker 1: So because we're trying to calm him down, and we're like, baby, it's okay, it's quite all right, don't worry about it. This happens. It's just a game. And he looks at me and he goes, it's your fault. They lost, and that goes my fault. How's it my faults? Because you didn't root hard enough for the phoenix suns?
Speaker 6: Oh my word, Oh my god, I'm not ready.
Speaker 2: To be a parent, dude.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Of logic, their lack of logic. Yeah, frustrated.
Speaker 1: You want to smash your own kid's face too. You just don't do it. You just don't do it.
Speaker 2: That's funny, that's funny. Oh man, it.
Speaker 1: Just don't do it. When he said that, I was like, wait a second, I didn't root.
Speaker 2: You must have laughed in his face, though.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'd laughed so hard and my wife laughed so hard, and then he ran he ran away. Bus No, you're laughing at me, dude.
Speaker 2: This kid man, Well, it's the ultimate uh nature nurture. Man, You really created your own mini me. Just wait till he's like, Dad, will you teach me how to animate?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, that's not gonna happen. Please don't do that. I love to animate and everything like that. I want him out the house right now. Animation takes a lot of time inside. I want to play sports.
Speaker 2: Well, you got him doing You got him playing sports. You did it.
Speaker 1: We did that.
Speaker 2: Now. Look, I come into the ICU and I have bloody hands. When first of all, I'm not in scrubs. I'm in just a normal ICU bed and I'm on just a normal icy bed and I've got completely bloody hands. It looks like I'm digging in someone's open chest.
Speaker 1: Cuty, you are digging in someone's.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that that's medically accurate. I know scrubs is surprise itself on being medically accurate. That felt a bit much in the middle of the ICU.
Speaker 1: I laughed. I laughed very hard. That's a very funny. I'm a little busy now here, and it plays up your hands with the.
Speaker 2: Ploor on it. Now, she's a maniac. And not only that, Sam Lloyd pours the water on himself. Like the movie, what's the movie?
Speaker 1: Flash dance is what it is for.
Speaker 2: Those of you who are too young. Flash Dance was a movie about a dancer who worked in the steel mill.
Speaker 1: Yeah in Detroit or something like that. You know who to start that show? That movie was Jennifer Bial aka bet on L Word.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right right, sorry?
Speaker 1: Which is a show that I'm on? I forgot streaming now on Showtime If I'm correct, in August, it'll be streaming on Showtime.
Speaker 2: So oh and this is where we see you have sex?
Speaker 1: Huh, well, I have sex on I have sex on scrubs too, But.
Speaker 2: I know, but don't you have don't you take coins?
Speaker 1: Listen, man, listen, listen, listen. We are not allowed to get into it, all right, let's just let's just say. Let's just say there's some intimacy.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what episode? Because I'm not going to watch it, With all due respect to the L word, I'm not going to watch all of it. I want to see your coins.
Speaker 1: I'm in damn near every episode. Listen. I will, I will, I will, I will, I will. Uh, I will tell you when.
Speaker 2: Are you unwilling to let our fans all across the world know when they might see you simulate sex on the L word?
Speaker 1: No, I want everybody to see it. Okay, I want to see.
Speaker 2: It both your Amanda, uh know exactly which episode is the best six sex scene?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, now hold on now, now hold on now. I'm about to say I don't have that Bridgerton body, so I don't want everybody thinking they're gonna see uh I know.
Speaker 2: But Casey and Amanda, Remember, they get all hot and bothered when they talk about episode six, which I never made it to see, but I watched.
Speaker 1: I watched, I watched it.
Speaker 2: It's not it's oh, it's like girl girl soft corn.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's yeah, it's like skin Max.
Speaker 2: Is it like skin Max?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Because I could get off of skin Bax.
Speaker 2: Well, Amanda and Casey they love that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really I'm really anxious to see what they do this, not me personally watching the show, but what they do to bring back that type of hype this season on that on that Bridget show.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that guy left. What was his reason for leaving?
Speaker 1: No, he didn't leave. He's apparently he's only supposed to be in the first season. Now they're going to go on to a different family, and they wanted him to come back and play like in like a few episodes and not pay him. And he was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good, Oh okay, we are going to take a break and when we come back, we're gonna talk about Christa's giant inflated, silicon filled lips that are hilarious.
Speaker 1: How did they do that?
Speaker 2: The magic of cinema? Right back.
Speaker 1: And no wrap?
Speaker 2: Little o me La? Mom? Was that too loud for you? Daniel? Damn? So you got new headphones? There are those the latest and greatest headphones on the market.
Speaker 6: Mine were just starting to peel away and the leather on them was starting to just like get into my clothes and hair.
Speaker 3: So I needed a needed an upgrade.
Speaker 1: You got some brand, brand new headphones. Tho, don't even look like headphones. They look like that's a radio in that motherfucker already. Wow, they look like do you remember et at the end of the movie when they're all on the bikes and that kid puts the headphones on his head, remember the radio house?
Speaker 2: Like those?
Speaker 1: It looks like those, dude.
Speaker 2: What land are those? What brand are they?
Speaker 6: The Logitech G seven thirty three? Oh, but they're good for gaming, they're quite good. The main selling point for me was the lack of leather and the long wireless range so that I can, you know, walk around the house with them on and not have to take them off and spy on my friends when they think they're talking behind my back.
Speaker 2: Now, does I have a microphone built in for when you're doing your live twitch stream? It does. I don't use it, though.
Speaker 6: I still use this setup because it just sounds so much better I see.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way.
Speaker 3: Thanks to it.
Speaker 6: Thanks to all of y'all for for shouting out the twitch on the podcast. A lot of people came, oh, really, did you did you.
Speaker 1: Make it rain? Did you make it? Make it rain? Well?
Speaker 6: They made it rain, and I did do a little twerking.
Speaker 2: Did you Danel?
Speaker 1: Danel? I think I'm pretty sure?
Speaker 6: I texted the group saying, by the way I'm streaming today, Okay, will you do it again?
Speaker 1: But you gotta stay by the way i'mking today Now I'm streaming to day Daniel.
Speaker 2: Daniel, I've been I've been traveling and changing my whole life to and I really I really need to know when Donald and I can come make it rain, So please do text us on the group chat again. I will this five five p m.
Speaker 3: This Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Now, if I come on there and you're in some wizard game.
Speaker 1: Wait, when is it?
Speaker 3: When is it five pm? This Wednesday?
Speaker 2: It's eight pm? And uh. And by the way, if you are a person who likes watching people play video games, you got to follow Daniel on Twitter and Instagram because they'll tell you when he's when he's going live. I will. There are people out there, believe that or not, Donald, that like to watch other people play video games.
Speaker 1: My kid is one of them, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let your kid watch Daniel and to have your kid make it rain on Daniel. But what game does he play? What? Daniel, what a game are you playing? Well?
Speaker 6: Right now, I just started a new segment and I'm playing the new Super Mario game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody likes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Now, Daniel, wouldn't you want to pick a game? And this might be the answer that that is as popular as possible, So the it's like it's like a stripper. She wants to pick the sexiest outfit so that the most men surround her on the pole and throw money at her. Do you do you strategically pick a game that a lot of people like?
Speaker 6: That is a great question. Zach and sometimes yes, sometimes know, when you play the most popular game in the Twitch interface, you're then up against everybody else who's playing that game. Oh like pew pew like pewty pewed, pewty pew, pewty pew exactly. So like if he's playing, he's at the top of the list, and then he has twenty thousand viewers, and then the next person has like eight thousand, then seven thousand and five four, And so I don't even show up at the top of the list if I don't have thousands of views. See a smaller game, right, got it, I show up higher on the list.
Speaker 2: I really think you should play Tetris because I bet there's no one doing it well when you'd be number one.
Speaker 6: That's very kind of you to say I'll get into some Tetris and we'll see how I do.
Speaker 2: What game would you like to see him play?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, see, the games I like are very, very very popular game so there's going to be a lot of people twitching them. So like, hey, gts, I'm down. I love I love GA, I love Breath of the Wild, I love Kay Like dude, Breath of the Wild is still like I know We talked about this when we first started making this, uh podcast, Daniel, You're absolutely right, that might be the most perfect game ever made. Dude. Like, if you're into dungeon drill Dragons or you're into like just great, it's just great storytelling, great visuals, simple graphics, simple enough graphics that that that uh, but not too crewe that you're like, this is bullshit. You're like, you'll you know, it's it's enough that you're like, wow, look at this. I'll tell you right now, best graphics I've seen in a game that I the type that I like Red Dead Redemption. Dude, when that first.
Speaker 6: Came out, you're gonna say that that game.
Speaker 1: Is when when that game first came out, I was you stream that one, Danel. There's a lot of people that play it, Like he said, it's a popular game.
Speaker 6: That game's next on the backlog. I had a vote between on my on my Discord channel. I had a vote and Super Mario Odyssey beat Red Dead Redemption two by one vote.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: So I was about to play it, but then the people chose I would.
Speaker 1: Have been on that game, which you watching it. I'm pretty deep into Red Dead Redemption up until pandemic happened when I was in New York doing Emergence and Jersey doing Emergence. I mean, dude, I'm gonna tell you something right now. I was playing the ship out of that game. All my time off. I would go to work. I can come home and just play that game.
Speaker 2: Can I extreme anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 2: And it does it have to be Can it have to be PG or can it be R rated? It can be r rated.
Speaker 3: You just can't.
Speaker 2: You know, there's no like nudity or sex or anything like that. You can do whatever you want. Okay, you can't. You can't manhandle yourself.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, not on twitch.
Speaker 6: I mean, but there are websites for that Treon.
Speaker 2: That's Patreon's only. We're only fans only fans my free can write down my Okay, okay, I got a side hustle. I'm just thinking about a side hustle.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good side hustle.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to the show. Donald. It's called The Scrubs. It's one hundredth episode.
Speaker 1: Patrick Bolton is a nurse.
Speaker 2: Patrick Bolton our friend who's the set dresser. He is a nurse. In the scene when when everyone's hiding from from from Carla.
Speaker 1: Right before she realizes she doesn't like kids. And then one of my favorite scenes we've ever shot together comes up.
Speaker 2: Oh the lesbian cloud.
Speaker 1: Lesbian cloud.
Speaker 2: Now I remember this being like made up on the day, right, This wasn't in the script, was it.
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: I think we're at the point where Bill's now writing the script as we go along too, though I don't know. I don't know that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm not saying that we came up with it, but I'm saying I feel like I remember this. There were different iterations of this joke, and I think that the writers, by the we were playing with it on set and it took a while, so we ended up with what it what it became. But the milkshake pool on the lesbian.
Speaker 1: And if they write and if and and what was that other thing? And if they and if they betray us? They end up in the in hell watching the view.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next to the unreachable cupcake table, right right, right right. So in the second act of the show, after we've all established that we the different things that the characters want a Lah Wizard of Oz, it takes on a more like bold Okay, we're officially in the world. So the colors are all saturated, meant to like mimic the vibe of Chechnicolor back in the day.
Speaker 1: It's very bright.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's right, And the costumes are more saturated. And I think, you know, you know, Judy I remember is in that like Hot Pink. I think everything was sort of cranked up. It wasn't just in the coloring in post production, but also in the in the costumes.
Speaker 1: But you're still in a muted outfit except for your shoes. Eh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm totally muted. I don't know why I chose or Carrie chose me to be in like Brown, but I am. Now, this body bag thing is really funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a few things wrong with the scene too, and I didn't have to go to scrubs Wiki to see the shit, right, I remember.
Speaker 2: This obviously a foam fire extinguisher, and Johnny is clutching it so tightly that you can see.
Speaker 1: Its fig right, you can see him squeezing.
Speaker 2: Well, he's nervously.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: First of all, this is an example of how someone directing and they're in the scene can fuck up, because I mean a fucking body bag. I'm not exactly seeing that. Johnny is nervously squeezing the fire extinguisher, which is just a piece of foam. It looks really funny when you rewatch it because he nails me with it, and then of course we should have switched it out. But in his close up he's like squeezing it like it's a pillow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Castle, Johnny Castle man.
Speaker 2: That dialogue is so funny.
Speaker 1: Dead people should remain dead.
Speaker 2: Because I thought you were dead? Then why are you hitting me? Because dead people should be dead?
Speaker 1: Very funny scene.
Speaker 2: And then the janitor needs an oil can, so I guess he's sort of the tin man in this story.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if he's the tin man, then what is Carla?
Speaker 4: If she's like carl is the lion, because that's courage, you should have been the man.
Speaker 2: I guess you're the tin man. I guess you're the tin man. It's just a he's just getting that jokey line like give me the oil can, oil can. Yeah, you need the heart now. Ray Bolger is the name of the actor who played the scarecrow.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: The character that's donating the heart is named Ray Boulger.
Speaker 1: Right, which I give is the.
Speaker 2: Name of the actor who played the scarecrow. Got it because it's because if you're really paying attention, you have that awesome scene with David Downs and you go, Okay, what's his name? And he says Ray, and then it becomes clear that his name is Ray Boulger.
Speaker 1: Okay, But here's the thing. The scarecrow didn't need the heart. The scarecrow needed the brain.
Speaker 2: Then Elliot's the scarecrow, right because actually Cox even calls her like your straw headed scarecrow self. Right, So Elliot's the scarecrow because she needs brains.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The tin man needed a heart, that's me, and the lion needed courage.
Speaker 1: God's Carla, right, And and Jack is the wicked witch, but so is Jordan.
Speaker 2: No, Jack's a munchkin that turns green. Are there green munchkins in The Wizard of Oz?
Speaker 4: In the movie, a horse turns a different color because the horse of a different color. That is the only thing that really changes color in the movie.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know why. I I assumed there was a munchkin who happened to be green because I didn't understand why Jack was green.
Speaker 1: Because he's the witch. He's the scary.
Speaker 2: Jordani but he's mounting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, obviously that's that's that's meant to bring up the witch. But I feel like because he's the scary thing that Carl is afraid of, that that's the you know what I mean? But you know that's me.
Speaker 2: That's an interpretation. I guess he could be another witch. There's multiple witches. By the way, we just to return to the lips. Those are kudos to the makeup department. Those that should look good. Those were just silicon. I don't know what they were made of. Their by foam, but the way that they glued them on it looked so real. It really looked like she'd been stung by a bee in her lips.
Speaker 1: You know that shit, That shit Christa had me rolling. Oh my god, her having to explain it all while she's doing it, like she could be in the room and just do it by herself and then let the action do it. But every mistake she makes, she explains it to the freaking audience. That shit had me rolling.
Speaker 2: And the noises, the noises Krystals makes are so funny. When she goes, oh, I can't even duplicate it, but it's like that was really funny. How about when you when you're right. So let's talk about the scene with David Dowds. Your acting is so good in the scene.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate it and thank you. Very very very easy to act when you got a good director.
Speaker 2: Yes, and a good scene partner because David, no doubt, wonderful shit actor and a really good uh teacher, man, great teacher and also just a wonderful man. Anyway, he goes, uh, you go, oh, you can ask me anything, and you go, do you shave your head because you like the way it looks, or because you're going bald? And you just go bald? How do you say one syllable? And it's so funny you you like held it back and then you're like ball, like you've never revealed that to another soul.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you. I think it's all of us working together. At this point. I was, uh, you know, you look for new ways to say things, and I was very brave at this point, and I felt like I could say it this way and I think I could get a laugh out of it. And so you know, when you're you know, that's that's it's not to make a big story out of a out of one line, but that when I watched that. When I watched that today, I was like, Wow, that was a very interesting choice. How did I come up with that choice? And my only explanation for it all is like, at this point I was willing to try anything to make people laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was a good choice. It reminded me. Remember we were talking a long while while about Michael J. Fox and his impeccable timing. It's like, if you take the pause split seconds longer. I think one of the things that's funny about it is there was like the obvious amount of pause, and then you took a few micro seconds longer, which and then and then really hit the b hard I don't know, and your face. It was all very very funny, and that scene is just very moving and very simple.
Speaker 1: And but even what he says though too, even how he's says it, though, you know what I mean, why are all these people doing this? Because if you, if your son gives his if your son gives his heart, we all whoever gets convinces you, gets to do the operation right. And he says, you know, these people are all these people all. I think it's something like I'm paraphrasing, these people all want my son's heart, but they don't even know his name. Yeah, and that just tells you the disconnect that surgeons have really when you think about it, from the people that they're operating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you do the Then you do a very you say a very noble thing, and that you could say, listen this, I'm gonna be blunt with you. This is the right thing to do. This that your child is not he's not going to make it, and this heart will save someone who will make its life right. And you can you can say you don't want me on the surgery, but it is the right thing to do. And I thought you were really good there. Thank you, but I gave myself goosebumps describing your performance.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you. But here's here's a here's a question. Is that Turk's right to say that to that man.
Speaker 2: Well, he asked his opinion. I think I think it's Turk's right to say what he if he's asked his opinion, what he thinks is right. You know, you know you should everyone. I want to remind everyone to read Amanda's book, which has really stuck with me about Nick's passing and the whole experience. It's called Live Your Life. You can get it everywhere. There's an audiobook if you prefer to listen to books. But there's a lot of doctors in there giving their opinions. And part of the battle that she had was they didn't often line up, and she'd talk to one guy and he'd sit her down and have a heart to heart and she'd be crying and go, okay, okay, I got it, and then she'd go talk to someone else. I'm like, what the hell's he talking about? Don't listen. Don't listen to doctor Tim, you know, And she'd be like so confused, you know, because it isn't it isn't an exact science. It's there's definitely room for interpretation.
Speaker 1: It's practice.
Speaker 2: And of course, in this situation, when it's time to give up and say, yes, now you can harvest my my child's organs, I mean, who can say when that time comes. But but Turk's and he had an opinion that, you know, with or without him performing the surgery, that it is it was time. It was the right thing to do in terms of being able to save another human beings.
Speaker 1: Life right on?
Speaker 2: How about still I love it when Bonds wins at the game that he plays.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think Elliott knows who Barry Bonds is either.
Speaker 2: So Barry Bonds was, let me see how much I got right. He was a very famous home run hitter, and he had huge arms, and he would hit the ball very far. And then it came out that he was on steroids. Yes, and they kept him in the in the Hall of Fame, but they just put an asterisk next to his name.
Speaker 1: He didn't make it to.
Speaker 2: But on the record books they put an asterisk next to his record.
Speaker 1: His home run record. I don't know if they put an asterisk next to it. All I know is at the time he was doing it, everyone was doing it. So it's not this is this is what this is where a bullshit comes in.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Most of major League Baseball at the time was doing steroids. Most of major League baseball at the time. I'm not saying anything that nobody's said before. Okay, the fact that he's penalized for doing what everybody else was doing because he did it better, is that why I don't I don't get it.
Speaker 2: It is a funny game to me. And again I know nothing about it, but it seems like they're always trying to catch cheating. Like there's this new thing I read on the news where the pictures are just like flagrantly putting shit on the ball. Yeah, and so now they've made a rule where, like the Empires, the umpires are now going to like more closely inspect their hats and their shirts. And and my brother, who's obsessed with baseball, was telling me like, yeah, they will. They will do anything they can to sneak a little gunk on the ball to fuck it up and make it too weird. Shit. And I'm like, sweat, this game has so much secret cheating in.
Speaker 1: It, dude. Absolutely. You ever watch a picture and they, you know, grab the tip of their hat where they lick their finger or they rub their hair or whatever it is. Man, this is these are ways to get an advantage, because.
Speaker 2: What about the guys who were putting We're only putting cork in their bat or something.
Speaker 1: That was a long time ago. Yeah, so it was lighter and they could bring the bat around fast. Only problem is the bat breaks when it's not solid, and then you see that there's and you see there's cork inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so funny. Did you ever play baseball?
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, I played a lot of pal baseball. One year I got MVP of my PA L team, me and my brother, Police Athletic League in New York City. One year, me and my brother, we were the home run hitters on our team. That's all we hit was home runs. And I remember we made it to the championship and I think we're playing like another team from New York. We played a bunch of teams, but we get to There was one year we were really good and they jerked us. Man, they freaking bought out a machine out of nowhere, and and we had funny.
Speaker 2: I never heard of all the sports you love. You don't talk about baseball much.
Speaker 1: It's boring, man, it's boring to play, and it's boring to watch. No disrespect to all my Major leaguers out there, but that shit is, you know, unless you're up, or unless the ball comes to you, or unless you're pitching or catching, it's a lot of waiting and watching.
Speaker 2: My father, my father rests in peace. He loved watching the Mets. I mean love him. He would scream. He would scream at them, and he would be so mad, and he was just say to me, Zach, if there's one thing in life that's certain, the Mets will always let you down.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true, dude.
Speaker 2: You know, I never seen him happier than in nineteen eighty six, but I remember, like I remember that being like one of the happiest times of his life. There are no Joel dies reported, there are no asterisks in baseball stats, so he's in the record books. But most people consider him a cheater and don't count his wins.
Speaker 1: They just consider a lot of people cheaters. And if that's the case, you know, I wonder I want no disrespect to it, and no disrespect to all these major League Baseball players out there that that did steroids, because I'm you know, I know, I know why you did it, to keep up with everybody else who.
Speaker 2: Was doing it. But it's just like Lance Armstrong, like he how many interviews did that guy say I'm not doing anything, I'm not doing anything. I'm not doing anything, and then it all came out that that was all fucking lie.
Speaker 1: Well, that's different. He was the only one doing this ship though.
Speaker 2: No, his whole team was no, everybody, everybody okay, So then.
Speaker 1: It's just so. Then there it is. If everybody's doing it, you can't fault Lance for doing it, then, can you. All you could say is, dude, when you were in those interviews, when you were in those interviews, when people ask you, you lied, That's all you could really say.
Speaker 4: I mean, what's the old thing if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it?
Speaker 3: You do it?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no, you jumped off. No, jumping off a bridge is killing yourself. These guys are trying to win money, dude, they're playing for money. If you said to me, we're all jumping off a bridge for a billion dollars, I'd be like, all right, I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 2: There's that great documentary, what was it called About a Billion domes? Watch the documentary.
Speaker 1: I saw an Acho's documentary. He's a dickhead. I saw the shit. I saw a shit.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling our listeners to watch it because it's fascinating. It's one of those documentaries where it starts out being about one thing and then the guy totally discovers something else. I love those kind of documentaries and it's about it's about cycling and doping and everything.
Speaker 6: Yes, all of this drug use and all of these these things that people do are destructive to their bodies over time for these small windows of creating like greatness and sports is not worth it to destroy a human life. And that's the angle we need to change because everybody's like, why not just do it? Then, if everybody's doping, everybody should do it. We're telling people to kill themselves faster through sport for our entertainment.
Speaker 1: Saying that, and that's what I'm saying. This is your call. Look, that's what you just said. I'm saying, this is your call. For a billion dollars. I can understand why you did it for a million for that money, I understand why you did it. Dude.
Speaker 2: I saw this meme that was like, let's just let all these Olympic athletes take whatever drugs they want. Let's see how fast somebody can find Let's see what goes.
Speaker 1: Let's get there. You want to see You want to see what's happening. You want to see the real deal, holy feel. You want to see what enhancements we could have. We're talking about wanting to meet bionic people. Let's go all the way ahead, and but you do want to get there.
Speaker 2: Speaking of drugs, I have to tell you that now that marijuana is legal in Manhattan, you really don't smell anything. But we just it's just it's I passed a woman in Union Square Park pulling a bong head. Yes it was Freedom Donald.
Speaker 1: Was there water in the bo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was just in the middle of the park pulling a bong head.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. But you cannot It's just the constance. I'm sure maybe it'll die down when the novelty's over. But I've been here a few days and all you smell outside is we.
Speaker 1: So I'm on a group chat with all my friends from back home, and all of them when this thing dropped, We're all like, dude, this is the best day ever. All of them so excited to smoke weed.
Speaker 2: They're just walking down the street. People just walking on the street like cigarettes. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's New York, baby.
Speaker 2: We're smoking blunts before blunts everywhere.
Speaker 1: I know. I bet you white owls and freaking uh and and Philly blunts and Swisher sweets have never been more on the come up. As far as stocks go, than they have in this past few months since New York.
Speaker 2: Way, It's it's really funny. And and yeah, anyway, you'll see when you come here, you're gonna come visit me, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope, so I hope to bring the kids to New York this year. Mom, Come on, my dude. It's tough. There's a lot of us, man.
Speaker 2: I know, you got to pay to fly a lot of those kids.
Speaker 1: And and numbers are going right now.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, well, the only thing I can rationalize for you is that La County is particularly horrible. You can get the fuck out of there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not particular, it's not the worst in the nation. How about that?
Speaker 2: No, I know, but it's pretty bad, right. Aren't they going back to masts inside there?
Speaker 1: And that they started that on Monday today?
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about that big epic end crane shot. This was really cool to do. Everyone, we know I like to play with cranes, and you've got Sam's band singing on the roof. And the idea was because it because we had the luxury of being in a real hospital that we could go crane down and see the end of each story from the outside. It was an enormous crane. It was calling Akila Crane, I believe, and it wasn't even high enough. So they had to build the construction built a platform and then we put the crane base on top of the platform because in order to reach Sam and the band on top of the roof. It wasn't even high enough at like whatever, it was one hundred feet.
Speaker 1: And that's why the end shot is a high shot of you walking out into the street and everything like that, right and not it doesn't come down.
Speaker 2: Well well no, it does come down, but then I wanted to go back up at the end of the rainbow.
Speaker 1: And the right, Okay, got it. But that I always like when it's a crane shot and it turns into a warner like.
Speaker 2: You mean they'd come off and it comes into a steady cam shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, STEADI camp shot. Yeah, yeah, yah, yeah. I love that.
Speaker 2: There used to be a thing where like you would dangle a steady cam operator off the end of a crane and it's so dangerous, but they literally can see videos of it on YouTube. They would like take a crane up in the air, right, and then the guy would be rigged, rigged, attached to the end, and then the crane would come down and just seamlessly, they'd unhook the dude and he'd start walking. And uh, that is just it's crazy. But now with all the advent of of of these new rigs that are just you know, gimbals and they're remote heads that you can hold, so now they do it. So that's on the crane. The crane comes down and they unhook that. It's not a human being crazy but anyway, Yeah, and you'll see Jack looking at the crane because of course he's a child and he's curious about the giant crane outside the window. But I thought that was a really cool shot and I yeah, it was so sweet. Sam's band singing. That's a Hawaiian singer's rendition of that. His name is iy Izzy. Yeah, I forgot. I don't know how to say his last name. I don't know if you guys do, but it's like.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that that his rendition is is one of the most I mean, I mean, you can't you can't hate on it. He goes into wonderful world and somewhere over the rainbow in the same song, dude.
Speaker 2: Well that's our show. Is there a caller Joel? Yes, Well, why don't we take a break and and come back with empty bladders?
Speaker 1: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: I'm on the Kelly and Ryan Show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh yay.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if it airs tomorrow. I'm taping it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but soon we'll see on Kelly and Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll see ship.
Speaker 1: That's dope. What you doing on Kelly and Ryan?
Speaker 2: Bro Well, my movie, I think is getting pushed again because every I'm so frustrated. But I was booked to do it to promote Comeback Trail, my movie with Bobby d and I think it's getting pushed again just because everyone's jockeying for for Weekend Space because it has a theatrical release. So so, but then then the movie got pushed. So I'm gonna talk about that. I'm obviously gonna plug our amazing podcast. And what else am I going to talk about?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: The nomination for about.
Speaker 1: To say you got a nice little chance at a statue.
Speaker 2: My life partner, Donald Faison. I win that. If I win that, I'm gonna dedicate it to you. I'm not gonna do else, but you know they will just so.
Speaker 1: You got you got so many other people to think if you I'm happy with Donaldson.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. My whole life, your whole life, if you're in the arts, you can't deny that you thought about giving some great award speech, right And And I was laughing at myself the other night because I was like, what if I did win? What I say? And I was like, wait, this is the first time in my life where I can actually think about this, because when I want a Grammy, there was no thought in my mind I was ever gonna win that Grammy. I was up against Tarantino and I didn't. I wasn't. I didn't even think about what I would say.
Speaker 1: Would you say when you won?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. It was a blur.
Speaker 1: I think I can't even believe this.
Speaker 2: I think I was buzzed because Carrie Brothers and I were at the bar, like we weren't even This wasn't even It wasn't you know, it was part of the section they don't put on the show. It was you know, there's Grammys all day long. It's like Best Samba hip Hop Album, you know, like there's cizillion categories and and I Carrie were there. I were there and we got not drunk, but we were buzzed. And then I won, and I was like, I just be Tarantino, like I have nothing prepared to say, and I don't know, but this time I at least thought like I should probably, like, in case I win, think of something to say.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Speaking of samba hip hop albums, dude, let me tell you something right now. That bad Bunny got me going. Dude, and I only understand one word, he says, I only understand one word he said. One phrase, He says, el cool of phenomenon. That's my favorite line I've ever heard in my life. El cool phenomenon. Baby, that ship is fire. Dude.
Speaker 2: There's a show that I recommend that you'll like.
Speaker 1: El cool Phenomenon.
Speaker 2: I think it's called This is Pop?
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 2: Joelle? On Netflix?
Speaker 4: On Netflix?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, on Netflix?
Speaker 6: The new documentary Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Donald, I have not, but I've heard it for t Pain.
Speaker 2: He went into a four year depression because Usher told him that he ruined music with the with the what do you call it? The vocal box?
Speaker 1: Everybody autoo, everybody kind of dist them. Freaking jay z dysed them. He told all of the rappersdiculous, get back to rapping. U t paining too much?
Speaker 4: But you need it so good, so rude.
Speaker 1: Everybody doesn't. Now everybody does.
Speaker 2: When you watch this documentary, which Tonald you really should watch, you'll love it. The first episode is about boys to men, and I didn't realize how quick their downfall was once all the white boy bands came out.
Speaker 1: So dude, that was for everybody though. And the crazy thing is that a lot of people don't give props to the people that bought them, like some people, like the one person that I feel like deserves all the props in the world. When it comes to all these girls that are out right now from when I was a kid, from when I was from like ninety six, I think Brandy, Dude, Brandy fucking every song you hear right now is an incarnation of what she's what she did back in the day. It's crazy. You know who else is like that? And nobody bought his record before his time. Craig David another one, dude, everybody everybody was doing his music ten years later, doing his style ten years later. It's just it's really interesting. It's just I'm just saying it's really interesting. A lot of people you.
Speaker 2: Should watch the dog watch the documentary the first the first episodes about how Boys to Men became so huge and they were killing it, and then then they started figure out like whoa, what if we just made them like pretty white boys who could sing, Like would that be bigger? And then it was and then those guys, like those guys lost everything and like they're playing the Vegas now.
Speaker 1: It goes over, it goes over and over again with everything new addition was the dopest boy band in the world to me what they do. They came out with new Kids on the Block Jodice and freaking Boys to Men were the dopest. They came out with ninety eight degrees and freaking Backstreet Boys and then sinking Old Town and freaking the rest of the boy bend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only one that's interviewed, by the way is Nick La, which which is great. He's very he's very sweetened in it, but but he's he's very mention in it. But that's like, you guys couldn't get anybody else that can do this besides Nick, They don't interview any other boy band members. They don't want to admit to that. And then boys to men, at least Boys to Men is like the one one one member is ostracized. They don't talk to him. They had a falling out. So in the Vegas show, it's only three of them.
Speaker 1: Three of them the base. I thought he got I thought he was injured. I thought that was the reason.
Speaker 2: No, there's like they they're kind of cryptic about it, but they don't. They don't like him.
Speaker 1: No, mo, It's like Bobby Brown a new addition. Y'all don't know about that ship. Y'all don't know why Johnny Gil joined new edition. Y'all don't know that. Y'all don't know, right, I do? Because and no wrap by little is that what you put on the comedy down? And no wrap by little when you.
Speaker 2: Get when you get worked up, I do the the clouds.
Speaker 1: Because because automaticy like, I'm sticking tired of this, I'm wrapped up a little over me.
Speaker 2: All right, let's bring in the caller, please, guys, we gotta come.
Speaker 12: You can talk to show, you know, like a ball of smoke. Some maybe talking about the episode. So come on, let's get the show.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Jared.
Speaker 11: Come on, it has been a dream of none to hear the Oprah voice say my name.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it just happened, Jared, It happened.
Speaker 1: It's been It's been a dream of mine for Oprah to say my name too.
Speaker 2: Jared, it's probably been a dream of yours to be on the show and hear some of these pad sounds like.
Speaker 3: You honor me, You honor me?
Speaker 11: Yes, absolutely, Jared.
Speaker 2: You're our very first guest since I moved to New York, and the show has a has a lively feeling. This is the one hundredth episode of Scrubs.
Speaker 11: Oh wow, I am honored to be on the hundredth episode.
Speaker 1: That's you honor me, You honor You're not on one hundredth episode of the podcast. You're on one hundredth episode of Scrubs.
Speaker 2: Yes, which was the Wizard of Oz episode, as you recall, that's the one we're talking about today. And you have an eagle shirt on, which looks very dapper on you. I'm riding. I'm riding, Donald, Where are you calling from?
Speaker 11: I'm calling from Indianapolis, Indiana, Indiana.
Speaker 1: You rock.
Speaker 2: Come, do you know anything about Indianapolis?
Speaker 1: Don't going back to Indiana. Yeah, Jackson five.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was there once. I don't really.
Speaker 1: I was in na I've been in nap before.
Speaker 4: They got sweet dunes there dunes. Yeah, they're like little sand hills, but they're big but not mountainous.
Speaker 2: But Indianapolis. What is in the Napolis known for other than the five hundred?
Speaker 11: Pretty much of that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Jackson five, okay, and the Jackson five.
Speaker 11: They're from Northeast Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana.
Speaker 2: Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary, Indiana. Let me say it once again.
Speaker 1: What's that from?
Speaker 2: It's from the music Man Donalds.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Indiana's known for the music Man too.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's Gary, not Indianapolis.
Speaker 11: Indiana is a in a lot of songs.
Speaker 2: Who are you waving?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry? That was my boss leaving.
Speaker 4: Uh. The office is Jared's first day at a new job.
Speaker 11: He is my first day new job.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the job?
Speaker 1: Does not know what?
Speaker 11: I'm on the computer?
Speaker 2: What's the job?
Speaker 11: I'm an accountant at a luxury apartment developer.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you like the job thus far?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Today was mostly just you know, training stuff, But I've worked in the industry before. So, yeah, I think I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Like it was.
Speaker 2: Did you meet the asshole?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 2: There's always an asshole?
Speaker 11: Um? Not yet? Does that mean I'm the asshole?
Speaker 2: No? No, I can tell you're not an asshole. But there's gonna be a day this week where you where you're gonna think of me and you're gonna go, oh, Zach's right.
Speaker 1: It's Jam right? Or why'd you go Jan from the office? Why did you go? Jam from the office.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just the first name that came to my head.
Speaker 1: Jan from the office that automatically makes you say, from the.
Speaker 2: Jan who thinks I'm stealing her fucking oatmeal out of the fridge. I don't want your fucking oatmeal.
Speaker 11: Jam, somebody's probably just toss it in the trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, calm down, all right, So do you have a question?
Speaker 1: First, Jack, nobody drank your diet coke chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, calm the fuck down, Jan, I'm not flucking tampons in the toilet, Jared, What are you supposed to do? If you're not supposed to flush feminine products down the toilet, what are you supposed to do?
Speaker 11: That's not my area of expertise.
Speaker 2: Joelle the trash.
Speaker 1: You gotta wrap them.
Speaker 2: Unt but feminine products. Okay, But I see all the time, all the time, I see do not flush your feminine products, And I'm going, okay, what are these women doing with them? I know they're going in the garbage, but do you wrap it around a bunch of times?
Speaker 4: That is the polite way to do it. That is, that is if you have etiquette training at all, that is what you do.
Speaker 2: Now, there's such a problem with women. Are women do not flush these things? Everyone's trying to tell you. It's become such a pro Oh god, he's gonna get Casey to talk about this. At least we're gonna get to hear her song, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: Why did you call me in here so.
Speaker 11: I'm excited to meet the whole day?
Speaker 2: Well, did you call Casey just because you want to hear her theme song?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't call Casey.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought you. No, no, no, no, no, no, Oh my god, damn. You don't need to hear from Casey about how she throws away her tampons. But I just think that this is clearly a big problem in this country because everyone has to label their toilet why are you making that face downel?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: It just surprises me that this is a mystery.
Speaker 2: I'm just it surprises me that they have to put up so much signage to continually tell women please don't flush them there. And I'm here doing a public service announcement for Earth.
Speaker 1: Hi, Casey, Casey, come down here. I don't know nothing about raising theols, so tell me what to do raising these kids.
Speaker 11: And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's an embarrassing reason that Donald has called you in shocking. We want to talk about why how to properly get rid of a tampon?
Speaker 3: Because I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I come down here, so tell me what to do. Jared, you haven't heard that yet. That's that's our new Casey theme song that hasn't aired yet.
Speaker 11: What Casey's gonna think I'm the reason why this question?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Casey has not with Jared. Not Jared.
Speaker 13: Okay, Jared, are you trying to learn how to take it out of someone?
Speaker 2: Casey? Jared accidentally put a tampon in his butt and he doesn't know how to get it out?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: No, Casey, listen, I'm really asking because I'm in New York City and every public toilet or every restaurant toilet has a sign baking people, please do not flush your tampons. And I'm finally asking, as a man who knows nothing about this, why are so many women doing this? And what's the correct way? You wrap it up in toilet paper and then put it in the garbage.
Speaker 13: Yes, that's what you're supposed to do, but sometimes people are lazy. And I'll be honest, touching those little the trash can in the bathroom is it's the time where you have to push it to open, and who wants to touch that after you know everybody's bloody tampon has gone in.
Speaker 2: There, right right?
Speaker 7: Think about it? So you got to you know what, I wrap it up. This is so gross.
Speaker 13: I wrap it up and then I use my foot and I kick the.
Speaker 7: Door open, and then I throw it in there. And if I miss, I miss.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 7: No, I'll pick it up sometimes.
Speaker 2: Ladies, you're hearing it.
Speaker 1: That would make the women's bathroom dirty, and in the men's bathroom, of course I pick it up.
Speaker 2: So gross. Why can't men piss in a journal? Why does it piss everywhere?
Speaker 7: Exactly fair? It doesn't even have to be a jurnal. Come look at one of my bathroo terms in my house, do you.
Speaker 2: Know if you know, we don't know if we talked about this before, but in the in urinals these days, they put a little target for men because if there's a little something to aim at. Sometimes it's a fly, pretend fly or something. But if they give men a little something to aim at, then they're they're they're less likely to splatter me.
Speaker 7: Maybe they need to put a vagina on it.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, here's Jesus's my wife?
Speaker 2: Y'all that every time, Jared, I'm sorry to hear this. Good, then you're not broadcasting the alert whole office on your first day.
Speaker 11: No, I'm in a conference room.
Speaker 2: There's a restaurant called Craigs in l A and they did something I've never seen before. When you're standing at the urinal, you're on a great already as you're standing there, and so any spillage or splatter goes into the great down into a drain.
Speaker 7: That's great, that's smart.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't understand because that's just happened to me several times. Now, What the fuck happens on an airplane that people just lose all etiquette and decide to freaking destroy the airplane bathroom. Can you answer that, Jared, Jared Campbell, can you answer that question?
Speaker 2: You have to pooh, let your pooh out before you get on the plane yard the plane is.
Speaker 7: Not How does Jared know everything about all this?
Speaker 2: He's just he's a specialist in this area. We brought him. We brought him on because he's a specialist in public urination and poop.
Speaker 7: Oh, Jared, I'm sorry, Jared.
Speaker 2: All Right, we gotta get back on top of you, gotta get out.
Speaker 13: I'll tell you about the bathroom the first day airplane. It's because no one wants to touch anything, so they're all trying to pee.
Speaker 1: And poo us seeing ship like all on the back of the thing.
Speaker 2: Because they're not sitting, people explode, try and get horrible aim. That's the public anouncement is trying pooh before you take the plane ride. Okay, Sorry, Ared? I saw you hear that w.
Speaker 1: Tank for ever? All right, whatever, forever, forever ever, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Ar So my question is mostly for you. Zach'd be funny.
Speaker 2: It was like, why do women just kidding? Go ahead?
Speaker 11: I do have a question for you made him?
Speaker 2: You made him do or do not, there is no try.
Speaker 11: What are the challenges of directing something that maybe has heavy CGI or a lot of editing when there's so much unseen for the actors.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a very good question. I haven't done a ton of it. I've only done some of it. I haven't done a c G I effect things.
Speaker 1: So Donald I did a whole I did a whole movie that was all CGI except for the actors in the apartment building we were in that not a lot of people saw. It was called Skyline and uh, and it's if you've got a great imagination, it's a lot of fun and easy to do. If you don't have a great imagination, I imagine it's very difficult. And you know, it really does.
Speaker 2: It really does bring you back to the most base element of when you're a child and you're just pretending and you get on something and go it's I just saw two kids playing in the park and they were like literally sitting on the railing and one kid goes, no, I'm in the front seat, and in their minds they were on a motorcycle or a car whatever. It really just brings you back to that just pure imagination and of a director going that is a volcano that's erupting, and you're looking at and you're literally looking at a piece of tape, and you just have to really sell it and and go for it and really just throw yourself out there because you're not looking at anything. Occasionally they'll show you drawings or previos. They can say like, this is what it's the spirit, Like this drawing is like the spirit of what that thing is going to look like, or that monster is going to look like, or whatever it is, so you can at least have a thought in your mind of of of what it is. A lot of times, unless it's a CGI movie, it's not stuff you need to worry about. It could be like you're in a moving car, who cares what's happening on the street, But you know, it is challenging. I'm sure when it's you know, Donald did that Skyline movie with monsters, and you certainly weren't looking at any monsters.
Speaker 1: No, there was. We were looking at like when you know they used light to to abduct humans, and I remember we had no idea what they were going to look like. They showed us at the audition what one thing would look like, and when we were shooting it, I had no clue. You know, I'm gonna be honest with you. Making that movie. It was a lot of fun, but it was because we literally had no idea what it was going to look like when it was done. And so me, I personally, I think that's uh. I think as far as uh special effects go, I love the movie. I think everybody should go out there and watch it. Skyline shout out to boy Donald Fraison. But uh, for for for the for the most part, it's uh, it's it's when it's done well, it's all worth it. When it's not done well at the end, you're like, man, and what was I doing?
Speaker 2: But I mean, just for example, we just all saw Black Widow and I was just blown away by how seamless it all looked.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of a lot of times you watch movies and you're like, Okay, I'm going along for the ride. That doesn't look anything close to real, but I'm in the I'm in the world of the movie and I'm enjoying it. And I thought that that that looked really fucking incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when you can do when you can get away with stuff and it looks simple and easy. That's when the CG is amazing, you know what I mean. Like, I wouldn't have considered Black Widow a CG movie, but after watching it like four or five times.
Speaker 2: Now you've watched it four or five times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so much. There's so much CG in that movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and your kids love it.
Speaker 1: They've not really watched it. They've watched some of it. They're like, there it goes. They go, there it goes. Flow. They love seeing flow, but you can.
Speaker 2: They can see it. Just skipped the beginning part where.
Speaker 1: They go, how come Flow doesn't have an Italian accident anymore? In Black Widow?
Speaker 2: Why did she have any?
Speaker 1: Because they can for an Italian accident.
Speaker 2: That's fine, all right, Joy, what's your next question?
Speaker 11: Well, I was gonna ask Joelle, do we want to tell the story?
Speaker 7: You can tell the story?
Speaker 2: Tell the story? Then?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: There was the reason she reached out to me. Was I actually pulled the soup shower prank in college?
Speaker 2: Wow, you.
Speaker 1: Are an evil, evil man, dude.
Speaker 2: Did it work?
Speaker 11: It did work, not as well as in the show. But so we have a my fraternrier in college, we.
Speaker 2: Had what was the fraternity which one was it?
Speaker 11: Fi Delta theta Okay, Neil Armstrong, Burt Reynolds. I actually lived in Neil Armstrong's room at Perdue University.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 11: Coolhi, well, that's very cool. But anyways, the third floor had a communal shower that only one person would use at a time. But it was like six shower heads in a square room.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you how do you delineate? Like, there's six shower heads, but we don't feel comfortable being naked, So I'm going to shower alone. No one come in.
Speaker 11: If you heard the shower running, you just.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So I put the view on cues on all six shower heads and just waited for somebody to go in and kind of waited in a room across the hall, and I just kind of hear him turn on one at a time, and he's like, what the hell is going on? So I was like chicken in here, and you know, I kind of just waited for him to turn one on, then off, and move on to the next one. By the end of it, he just kind of said, screw it. I guess I'm showering and water that smells like chicken and then he just comes out across the hall after he's done, and he's like, I think there's something wrong with our showers, with our water, and I'm trying to keep it together. But I eventually told him you know what I did and where it came from, and he got a good laugh out of it.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, did you get you got this from watching Scrubs? Then?
Speaker 11: Yes, of course I didn't get my who's just crazy response that.
Speaker 2: I'm talking for. Did he come up to you and say a burn?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 11: I don't think he really cared too much.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's like, oh, that's great, good job Scrubs. Can you take the cues out of the shower now?
Speaker 11: Like turned into a paste? Afterwards, I pretty much just had to let the showers run for like two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't it right, tried and I'm sorry. I'm sorry to you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm sorry we failed you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's okay, it was worth it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words. Jared, it is time for Indianapolis's favorite segment. It's time for.
Speaker 3: It's time it'll owe me.
Speaker 2: It's time to fix your lie, said how can we rescue you from whatever ails you.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't have anything super specific, but I did just get married two months ago.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 11: Just kind of entering into a new realm of my relationship and just wanted to get your advice on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Donald has been married before, and he's a specialist. He's the only married one here. Although Daniel could soon be falling.
Speaker 3: You gotta stop saying that. Why what I'm talking about, because you're putting a lot of pressure on me.
Speaker 2: Well, she doesn't listen to the show.
Speaker 1: That does not stop the Internet from them being like, so.
Speaker 3: What's good Daniel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's good? Hey, guys, if you listen to it, if you watch his twitch stream, be like Daniel when he propos, she participates in the twitch stream.
Speaker 1: Perfect, even better, give him better, give him better.
Speaker 2: Like Daniel, if you propose, now, I'll drop a Hundi on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you do. Anybody out there who got real dough. Yeah, get on that twitch with DJ danel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and make it rain.
Speaker 1: And make it rain. If he proposes in front of you, when I say make it rain, make it rain, baby, make it rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't make it ring with twenties, bring out them hundis all right? Sorry, Jared Donald, give him advice. You've been through this marriage thing.
Speaker 1: I have no advice yet. I don't know what the question is.
Speaker 2: He said, he wants to he just got married, and he tips on being a newly married man.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that. Shit. Man, you're in the fun stage right now. It's been a couple of weeks. A couple of months, you said, yeah, two months. Yeah. You guys probably having a lot of sex, aren't you.
Speaker 11: Yes, Well, my parents are gonna listen to this, probably later.
Speaker 1: But you're a grown ass man. You married, don't.
Speaker 11: Still just a little bit of a embarrassment.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to answer that, Donald, but I can. I think it's safe to say if they're newly wents, there is copulation.
Speaker 1: Right, So that being said, enjoy that because in a few years it ain't gonna be every day. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, anything other than sex, you'd like to advise him on top?
Speaker 1: I thought that's what he was asking about.
Speaker 2: What about the expression wife happy life?
Speaker 1: Oh that's true. All of it's true. Every little anecdote you heard or cliche you've heard is most likely true. When it comes to marriage, it's the hardest thing you'll ever do. It's the most fun you'll ever have. But I don't know, I don't know. I don't know what the advice would would be. You're newly married. You guys are in a great state right now. Try and keep it fresh the whole time till you die, as long.
Speaker 2: As you say, I far be it from me to give advice because I'm not married, But I think, don't be afraid to work on it while it's good, you know, Mike, Yes, I have a stepmother who's a marriage counselor you've heard me say. My parents are psychologists, and of course I have a therapist, and they all say like, don't be afraid, and they encourage people now while it's good, work on communication skills. And you know, if someone you know who has a great relationship book and how to keep it getting the love you want is one my therapist, I know he always pitches to people. But so that's what I've heard a lot is like, don't wait until like shit goes off the rails and you're like, now we need therapy, Like work on it actively in the beginning, so that you have a tool set like when shit does come up, that you can fight in a kind way if you will. You have a way of communicating that's that's not mean, and it's not as hurtful as it needs to be. And because obviously disagreements are going to come up, it's just like a normal relationship you've been in that wasn't marriage, but now you've committed to each other for life. So I would really encourage you to develop skill sets that for communication that that don't make it everything become a tenor alarm fire. You know, Daniel, you're in a successful relationship, you don't get married. Can you give them any advice?
Speaker 6: I echo that sentiment entirely. Make sure that you work on everything. Don't let anything hang over your head, don't let anything stew. Intrusive thoughts are purely that, they're not real, they're just in your head. Just talk to your partner about everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and be vulnerable. You know, I think a lot of men are like, oh, I don't want to seem insecure or I don't want to seem weak.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: I think it's really really good to just be like, hey, this thing is bothering me and I'm in my head about it and can we just talk about it. I think that that's very.
Speaker 1: Smart, Chared, Jared, you get one good cry and that I one, and then after that, Yeah, that's what you get one good cry, he's trying to be funny. And then after that it's unnecessary. So I'm just saying, right now, save that cry for when you really need.
Speaker 2: It's like, now, this is like the devil on one side and the angel on the other. He's like, you can only manipulate your wife with one good cry. Now, I'm saying after.
Speaker 1: That, after that, after that.
Speaker 2: I just want to animate, baby. I just want to animate in the garage. Baby, Please just lend me animate in the garage with rebels on in the background. Please mabe all right, Jared, I hope we help you getting the love you want. That's the book I think you should you should get because I've heard that that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's good for talking it out and communication, anything you can do to communicate better and be honest. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: Well you can say yeah, honestly, honestly is true? Key, you know what I mean? Obviously, how long you guys, how long were you guys dated before you got married?
Speaker 11: We've been together. It'll be five years in a couple of months. But we were supposed to be married last July and then COVID COVID.
Speaker 1: So you guys have been together for five years. So you guys know each other very very well, so there shouldn't be too many surprises at this point.
Speaker 11: You know, we actually, I mean we lived together for two years plus.
Speaker 1: Now you already did it the right way. But you already did it the right way because you know for a fact this is the person you want to be with. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You got a new job, Jared. Things are going your way. This is a good this is a good time for you. It's a good time to be Jared. Yeah, so be present and grateful and uh and happy that things are going so well because I am happy for you. And you can stay on because we finished the show. This was the one hundredth episode of Scrubs. Yes, Jared, can I give a quick shout out? Yes?
Speaker 1: No, you may not know no, let who every Okay, shout whoever you want to shout out.
Speaker 11: I need to shout out my lifelong best friend. He was the best man of my wedding. Mike McBride he's the one that got me the shirt as a wedding president. He also, Mike should have showed you this earlier.
Speaker 10: I have.
Speaker 11: Buhammad's episodes.
Speaker 1: Shout out Mike McBride.
Speaker 11: Mike, he is in Germany right now, studying abroad. I wish you could be here next to me on this podcast because him and I, you know, watched Scrubs for forever together. And yeah, he's gonna be really jealous when he sees me on here.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm glad you're on, and I'm glad Mike's uh gave you all those good Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Toy really nice gifts. I think you for getting one other person that you need to shout out, Jared, I'm going.
Speaker 11: You need to shout out my wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think that she's actually a nurse. So uh, I guess Scrubs maybe led me to marry somebody in the medical field.
Speaker 2: You found her on Carlo, you found.
Speaker 11: She's very much like Carla too. That Oh she'll bust anybody's chops for sure.
Speaker 2: Good well, Jared, thank you for coming on, and thank you for the kind words, and thank you all for listening. Joel, is there anything you want to say?
Speaker 1: You were great.
Speaker 4: Uh are you asking about marriage and relationships.
Speaker 2: That I'm giving you? Is there anything you want to say to the listeners around the globe?
Speaker 1: Well, we say bye bye. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Support Zach and his Emmy nomination. If you have control over an Emmy voter, let him know. Zach is the only way to vote. He needs it, We need it.
Speaker 1: You're a good friend.
Speaker 2: Good friend, Joel. All right, we love you?
Speaker 1: And uh do you want to ask Daniel if you want to say anything?
Speaker 2: Daniel, do you want to promote your your twitch stream?
Speaker 3: Come on, tell them what you gotta do Sunday and.
Speaker 6: Yes, I will work for you.
Speaker 1: He might even propose if you make it rain hot enough.
Speaker 2: Ye me and Lamar.
Speaker 1: It can't be no light drizzle. It has to be a freaking thunderstorm for him to do the proposal.
Speaker 2: I guess, by the way, Daniel, that would be a great way since you're since your gal doesn't listen to the podcast, that would be a great way for you to propose, and somehow Donald and I can be involved that way. I think you should propose live on Twitch. I'll keep that in mind when if, and when I know you have a brow. I'm not if maybe it's ten years from now, they might not even have a twitch anymore. But it would be fun. Donald's, I want to get an only fans with you and.
Speaker 1: Dude, and we could do some really freaking crazy.
Speaker 2: Show it to boil each other up. See what happens, Dude.
Speaker 1: That would be so cool if we oiled each other each other. Dude, we make like a million dollars in two hours if we did that, dude. Matter of fact, though, I'm coming. I'm gonna come and get you. I'm gonna come and visit you in New York. I'm gonna bring some fucking baby case.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're allowed to do things if it's just for only fans.
Speaker 1: No, well, we don't got we don't got it. We don't listen.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's I don't think it's cheating if it's me and you on only fans, ask her.
Speaker 1: I don't think there needs to be penetration. All I'm saying is all you gotta do is just get make it and rub each other down with.
Speaker 2: All yes, yes, And if they're shifting, they're shifting you.
Speaker 1: How much money do you think we can make if we did that?
Speaker 2: I don't know but enough to go on a nice trip to Europe.
Speaker 3: Let's do it, yo, Jared, Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Hit Up Joel. If you want to hit up Joel's.
Speaker 2: Do not hit up Joel. We're not kidding it all right, we'd love you.
Speaker 3: Five six stories.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in Canada.
Speaker 11: He said.
Speaker 1: Here's the stories net all
Speaker 10: So Yanda round here, YadA ra here Stories