Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's making new adult bobblehead dolls. Where that head isn't the part that bobbles.
Speaker 2: Oh it is.
Speaker 3: All baseball stadiums have returned the.
Speaker 2: Wow, really they don't want him.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure why it.
Speaker 1: Would for cheap on eBay. Now with Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe just like everyone else does, except we have a laser.
Speaker 3: When those other wooden bat boys just don't.
Speaker 1: This first laser story is out of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Recently, a guy named Stephen Jones walked into a gas station and attempted to rob it.
Speaker 2: Not good when you just say attempted for him anyway, right.
Speaker 1: Stephen even had a note that said give me all your money or I will shoot you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean anymore gas stations don't even carry that much cash.
Speaker 3: That's sure.
Speaker 2: Here the seventy five dollars and.
Speaker 3: The gas station. It's like, please bro.
Speaker 1: Apparently that's not fully true, because he left with a bunch of cash. Oh I did, But cops tracked him down and arrested him three days later.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, they were on it.
Speaker 1: That's where the story takes a bizarre twist because Stephen said he was asked to rob the place and did it as a favor.
Speaker 2: Wait what, He's just being a good friend.
Speaker 1: Turns out his buddy, who was the cashier, wanted to get work off early that night, so he asked Stephen to hold up the place so he could officially clock out. Oh my god, I was thinking, I'm like, if he got money, he must have known what they were going to do the same.
Speaker 2: You just have those days, Yeah, just call out sick man, pretend like you have a cold.
Speaker 3: You don't have to like take a robbery.
Speaker 1: It was like when Brooke asked me to call in a bomb threat to the studio so that she could go pick up her kids from school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just wanted to be thirty minutes late.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Cops were skeptical about that story, but found the text messages on his phone to prove it. So both men were arrested and are now facing charges. As for Steven, he doesn't believe he should have any jail time because he was just being a loyal friend.
Speaker 2: Do you think his buddy that was working that night was like a little far man, You didn't have to go with the I will kill you.
Speaker 1: Next Laser stories out of Burbank, California. A contestant on The Price Is Right is going viral right now for something he didn't expect.
Speaker 3: What happened on the game show.
Speaker 1: The man's name is Henry, and he was solving the final puzzle when he got it right, started jumping in the air, flailing his arms and pumping his fist wildly in celebration. Right right, But apparently he was pumping his fists so hard he dislocated his shoulder.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh, my gosh.
Speaker 1: Did you catch that was an actual Prices Right sound effect during a Price's Right story.
Speaker 3: That's very rare for us. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: But Henry came out later in the show to spin the wheel, but as you walked on stage, it was pretty opt. He had absolutely no use of his right arm.
Speaker 2: Did they at least put it back in the socket for him?
Speaker 3: Do they have someone on set to do that? It was hanging loosely at his side.
Speaker 1: So the show producers decided it was fair if his wife, Alice came up on stage and spun it for him, which she did and landed on ninety five, trying.
Speaker 2: To get it to the one dollar mark.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 1: It's ninety five cents out of one dollar.
Speaker 3: It's very good. Have they never watched The Prices right?
Speaker 1: No, Well, that great score propelled Henry to the Showcase Showdown, and it turns out the injury was worth it because he was able to win a tropical vacation to Hawaii for Alice and himself.
Speaker 2: He can't go swimming.
Speaker 1: The Price is Right did state that he had to take a trip to the er after the show. However, Henry is feeling better and is all healed up. Now you're like, Henry, we do have medics on scene, but you have to guess how much will.
Speaker 3: Your medical buildings.
Speaker 1: Apparently, he's not the first player to endure an injury while competing on the beloved game show. A contestant named Judy Metzner twisted or ankle while spinning the wheel in twenty fourteen, having to play the Showcase Showdown on crutches.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I feel like I remember that exactly. I know, but that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love the Prices right.
Speaker 1: This next Laser stories out of the Dairy Dreams and Cheesy Creams. Oo, let's go the University of Wisconsin's Center for Dairy Research is looking to hire five descriptive sensory panelists.
Speaker 2: What is that? Do I get to eat cheese all day? Jeff? Because I'm in It's.
Speaker 3: Not the highest paid position.
Speaker 1: They're offering fifteen bucks an hour, but they're looking for candidates who can be on hand for three tasting sessions every week to relax in big bark a lounger chairs while researchers feed you pizza and an assortment of cheeses for three straight hours.
Speaker 3: A dream job, three hours, three hours of dairy going down the pipe.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never had a problem digesting dairy, but that might was even me to the limit.
Speaker 1: You would need to eat all the cheese and all the pizza and then provide feedback on stuff like appearance, texture, aroma, and flavor. Not about your body at that point. I'm talking about of the food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, huh.
Speaker 1: They say previous sensory panelist experience is preferred.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've done this before.
Speaker 1: They're also willing to fully train people who haven't cheesed binge themselves before.
Speaker 2: I mean, somebody's asking for experience at this point are getting pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been here before.
Speaker 1: You'd have to be the perfect candidate and have videotape of you gorging yourself in order.
Speaker 3: To prove you have that check.
Speaker 2: Michael, hold the camera, go down on this pound of cheese.
Speaker 1: You can't have any They're accepting applications through today, and anyone can't apply. We'll put it up on our Insta stories at Brook and Jeffery.
Speaker 3: You want to cheese yourself our listeners and fans gets the job.
Speaker 2: I've never been out cheese, but I think I'm really to try this.
Speaker 1: Next Lazer short is out of Life Hack Headquarters. Here's an easy hack that's good for any day. If you're feeling tired and need to boost this afternoon, don't reach for that third cup of coffee.
Speaker 3: Instead, stick your head into a freezer. Okay, and take it out eventually.
Speaker 2: I will say, like, let's not do one of those like full down freezers, like we're people suffocated.
Speaker 1: Don't inside of the freezer. It's a tip from a recent book called The Sleep Prescription. It's by a neuroscientist at the University of California, San Francisco.
Speaker 3: He says, yes, you could.
Speaker 1: Have that extra cup of Joe and the caffeine would wake you up, but if it's later in the day, that could also keep you up late into the night, cause.
Speaker 2: In a whole cycle of sleepier day the next day.
Speaker 1: He goes on to say that sticking your head in a freezer offers a more immediate boost of energy, and it won't mess with your bed schedule. And the reason it works is obvious, but the scientific explanation is the brief shock of cold activates your arousal system.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just go to the ice cream aisle in the grocery store.
Speaker 3: You can say we do this at work. Doesn't work because it smells so bad in there. Oh yeah, the freeze, it'll wake you up, double stimulation.
Speaker 1: But you get the same effect by going for a quick walk or focusing on a non work related task for ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Deep freezing your head is just the quickest option, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Guessing scrolling your phone doesn't count as the non.
Speaker 1: Related Plus there's the added benefit of being labeled the weird one at your workplace.
Speaker 3: It's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, how does this guy get a burst of energy in the afternoon? He just climbs up into that freezer and shuts the door for thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: He calls it shell shock laser stories. It comes to an end for the day. We'll do it again the same time on Friday, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,