Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what's y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them all.
Speaker 5: Black millon bus busy.
Speaker 3: Listening to me to show.
Speaker 6: I don't Joy, Yeah, Joy, you know.
Speaker 7: That love.
Speaker 8: Turn I can't.
Speaker 3: I got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 9: Turn You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out the water, the mon up.
Speaker 10: Come.
Speaker 2: Come out your h I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 11: You're listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only see Harvey got a radio show man.
Speaker 2: God is in the blessing business. I'm in the receiving line.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: That's a good feeling. I thank God for waking me up in the mornings, I really really do.
Speaker 11: I thank God for the spirit that he wakes me up with because I finally, but I finally figured it out.
Speaker 2: Such a blessing that shouldn't be taken for granted.
Speaker 11: The fact that you are up today, the fact that you just got off working, you driving home, the fact that you got a job to come home from, the fact that you got a job to wake up too. Whatever it is, the fact that you can see, think here, smell, walk, talk, rhyme, reason, whatever it is, it's a blessing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 11: I was talking to a partner mine last night, right, and an analogy came to me last night of what my life has been like, just going over my story with a friend of mine of all some of the things I had gone through, and he never knew it because he said, man, you never told me that we were just talking. One of the things I remember, and it's kind of equated to my life, was when I was a little boy, as she go to the store with my mom and she would let me buy a jigsaw puzzle. Now, for those of you, a jigsaw puzzle comes in a box. There are no instructions. It just comes in a box and it's simple. You're gonna dump the pieces out in a pile and you're gonna try to put the pieces together until it looks like the picture that's on the cover of the box.
Speaker 2: That's as simple as it is. Here is the deal.
Speaker 11: I would select a jigsaw puzzle based on the picture that I liked and if I thought I could do it. Now, if the picture looked too crazy, if it looked too intricate, I didn't want that puzzle, you know. And the thing was, back in the day you got a jigsaw puzzle. You had a hundred piece puzzles. Four hundred piece puzzles, man, then they say a thousand piece puzzle.
Speaker 2: You go ooom.
Speaker 11: So those were a little difficult for me when I was a little boy, so I didn't want that. As I got a little bit older, I had more challenging puzzles, you know, four fifty five hundred piece puzzles. But I always picked a picture of something I liked. So it's very simple. You get the jigsaw puzzle, you get it home, you open it up, you dump it out on the table. You flip all the pieces over so you can see them, and then I would try to sort them based on the colors on the box. If it was like a black section, I'd take all the black pieces and slide them over there.
Speaker 2: If it was some flowers, I'd try to find all the pictures.
Speaker 11: With little jigsaw pieces with the little floor, and I separate them and then i'd start putting it together. And the way I started was i'd try to build a border first, because I knew all the straight edges had to be side by side at one point.
Speaker 2: And it was funny, man, because it's related to my life.
Speaker 11: I would start putting the pieces together of the picture I saw that I liked, and that would be my picture. A lot of people didn't like jigsaw puzzles. As a matter of fact, none of the boys on the street liked jigsaw puzzles but me, because they just didn't want to go through the intricate details of figuring that out to go outside and run or something like that. And so what happened was, as I got older, I wanted more difficult in challenging puzzles.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't go too far. I wanted some nice stuff to happen.
Speaker 11: I had a picture of what I wanted for my life, but I didn't want to go too far because it was so challenging and difficult. I couldn't see myself with all of that, and I didn't have the time, the knowledge, the expertise, the figuring all the intricate details. And I discovered something when I was talking last night. That's what happens in life to a lot of people. You get bogged down with the details of coming up and trying to create the picture that you want for yourself. You put it to the side, You say, ah, that puzzles are crazy. Next thing you know, you crumb it up and put it back in the box. So you go halfway and you get stuck, and you get to the part where it ain't a lot of different colors.
Speaker 2: It's all the same, and that's a little bit more challenging. So that may stop you.
Speaker 11: But it's somewhere in the jigsaw puzzle that it gets very difficult and challenging. The bigger the picture you want, but then what all happened in your life, It's just like what happened in a jigsaw. Once you get comfortable and you don't mind the challenge, you could get a bigger picture. But here's the key to it, though, if you put God in your mix. See the picture that I saw for myself as a boy is not the picture that has happened to me as a man. Because along the way from boyhood to manhood, from the time I was telling you understand what happened along the ride in there was I started putting God in the mix. And so now the picture that I have now is not the picture I saw. It's the picture that God saw. So what I'm saying this analogy is the picture you have may be difficult to complete, but if you were to include God in your life. Put God in your jigsaw puzzle. God will not only help you complete the puzzle, and he gonna add some pieces, he gonna do some favors, he gonna show some mercy, and you gonna look up and the picture that you're able to end up with will be totally different and much more complete, much more beautiful, a bigger picture than the one you had, because there's no way that I could have sought a life that I have today back when I was a boy. And it amazes me when I hear people say I always saw this for myself. Ah, I didn't do that. I didn't quite see this for myself. I don't know how you can have the ability to see what God really has for you. But man, he's a master for jigsaw. Man, he's an incredible puzzle completed. So if you got a puzzle that's challenging to you, maybe you need to see what's the picture that God has for your life. If God were in your life, if you complete it to puzzle, what would it look like. It'll be a far more extensive puzzle and it would be a far more beautiful piece of scenery than you could have ever imagined tears come in my eyes because I can't.
Speaker 2: Believe God bought me this far.
Speaker 11: I can't believe that when I opened up and accepted him and started talking to him, that he would add all these piecels to my jigsaw puzzle, and my jigsaw puzzle would look like this. And I can tell you I ain't got a whole lot to do with with with what out and turned into. It's mostly favor and blessings and grace and mercy of God. And I looked up and I just got a much bigger jigsaw puzzle completed. And guess what, He ain't through with me yet. That's what's amazing and exciting about a relationship with God.
Speaker 2: God could take your jigsaw puzzle and fix it. Morning Show, ladies and gentlemen, your undivided attention is required. Right now.
Speaker 11: It is time to start the Steve Harvey Morning Show. This is quite different from all the other mornings because this is a new morning. We ain't never had this one before. This is a new day, new chance, new opportunity, new blessings, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 2: Thank you for it. I'm so grateful to be here today.
Speaker 11: How about you, Steve Harvey Morning show Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior, who is here on the way, and nephew Tommy.
Speaker 2: Junior is here, he's just not on zoom. Do I hear your voice? Junior?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, big dough.
Speaker 2: I'm always gonna be here for your are you okay?
Speaker 4: I can't see you on the zoom.
Speaker 2: Do you have on a hat today? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got a head on.
Speaker 2: I got a head on. We can see him, we can see him. Oh well, let me you got that hat on and he didn't give you. That's what he got on. He got you know, that's the one that.
Speaker 8: Wait a minute, Oh you're gonna come back starting, miss Okay, okay, all right, well that's fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to ask me what he being up.
Speaker 2: I've been here. Wow, I don't see you every hell. Maybe that big hat is blocking the camera view that. Oh that's what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Tell me we're throwing we're throwing thoughts today.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's fine, that's fine, because I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You one thing.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I know one thing.
Speaker 2: I'll be at work.
Speaker 8: I know that that's what I'm here, have no hat work or no work show, a no show next day, I'm here.
Speaker 2: That's what I be doing. But I tell you, y'all, I was working this didn't I say? I was working? Didn't I say?
Speaker 3: He said, what is the surprise?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what we're talking about.
Speaker 11: Of course you said you were working, but we all work, right what the The big discussion yesterday was why is it when Tommy works at night he can't come to work in the morning.
Speaker 10: Well, listen, I didn't get to enjoy all the Juneteenth, so I took another day.
Speaker 2: So you know what I'm saying. Oh, okay, okay, because it's not ask you a question.
Speaker 11: What was you enjoying about Juneteenth? What part of being free two years late was you celebrate?
Speaker 2: Let's hear that.
Speaker 10: But I just wanted to be free on that I wasn't here, Yeah, just free to do what I want to do. I didn't get to enjoy the freedom Day, so I'm enjoying the Freedom Day, that's all. Don't don't let this body up. You brought all this up day.
Speaker 2: Well we're here. You're past it, you know, and everybody.
Speaker 9: But Steve, so you don't want to mention to Tommy about the employee handbook discussion we had, Yes, yes, about.
Speaker 2: You read Tommy. Tommy has had that handbook since two thousand and two. Company. Yeah, okay, So for what part in particular y'all talking about.
Speaker 11: Well, you pretty much all through it, but coming to work for your check is a huge part of it. We didn't really think we'd have to write that in.
Speaker 2: But obviously, all right.
Speaker 1: Boy, today is a big, big day.
Speaker 12: On the Steve Harvey Morning Show, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll run that prank back with the nephew, and then later this morning, eighty five South will be here right here on the Steve Harvey Morning Show. After this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. Welcome back, nephew, what you got?
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you. You know what time it is? He's a bad boozy are bid booze bead.
Speaker 6: Budd Let's go Hello, Hello, trying to speak to Sheanie.
Speaker 7: She's out here right now.
Speaker 6: I take a message. Do you know when she's coming back?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Is this a business calls? No? No, it's personal I need to talk to her immediately. No, you need to talk to me.
Speaker 7: It's just a man.
Speaker 6: Who is it? This is? This is Brandon? Who are you?
Speaker 7: I'm ernest man?
Speaker 6: But why do you know? I got a bit of a situation here, man, And it's basically a financial situation that I'm owed some money from her, So I kind of need to talk to her about about getting this money. Is totally disrupted my whole apartment and I need to actually see about talking to her about getting this whole problem taken care of.
Speaker 7: What's the what's the situation, what's the what's going on?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm basically right now, I'm twenty five hundred dollars in the rears due to due to hynese, and I need to see if she's gonna be able to pay me for this situation or what you know, you money she owes me twenty five hundred dollars, twenty.
Speaker 7: Five hundred dollars for what I don't even know who you are, first of all, So what's up with the twenty five hundred dollars? Man?
Speaker 6: First of all, my name is Brandon, okay, and I've been I know, I've been knowing sher knees, probably for the last three or four months. Now, okay, so here is you want to know what all in a nutshell is? Just like this chnie's been coming through okay for the last three or four months, been coming over here to my spot, to my apartment, hanging out. I'm just now finding out within the last two weeks. It's I had to get rid of my couch. I had to get rid of my mattresses because the mattress, because it's been a mattress.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, dude, Wait a minute. So you're trying to tell me she was.
Speaker 6: In your bed. Yeah, she's been in my bed. Dude, she's been in your bed.
Speaker 7: Are you crazy?
Speaker 6: You knows where she's twenty five.
Speaker 7: Hundred dollars problem, twenty five hundred dollars you talking about my girl was in your bed. Now, we're not even going to get into that. You understand what I'm saying. But that's twenty five hundred dollars. You can forget about.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, hold up, brother, the ball.
Speaker 7: You calling here? You calling here? You calling here? And hear the dude answer the phone, and you still got to to add for her and then gonna tell me about some twenty five hundred dollars about some mattress.
Speaker 6: Dude, I'm out my my mattresses. Man on a thousand bucks full of bad bucks. I had to throw that away.
Speaker 7: May I'll probably worry about no damn mattress.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 7: You're talking about my girl. We've been together for four years. I'm about to pop the question on her, and you want to sit there talking about she been hanging with you or take it with you for the last four months. It's about to be over in a miny.
Speaker 6: Now. What if you want to marriage snise cool. I don't care nothing about that.
Speaker 7: I don't even worry about that now. But you don't talking about some damn mattress man. That's that's a problem, dude. I ain't worried about no damn mattress.
Speaker 6: I don't worry. I ain't got no mattress right.
Speaker 7: Now to my house? You calling mine, dude, I do not call a mattress right now, nor do I have a couch. Do you understand I an't can't know about your mattress in hotels, dude, I don't care nothing about that. Your name, you say your name, Brandon.
Speaker 6: I'm Brandon.
Speaker 7: Yes, here Brandon. Okay, you don't worry about it, Brandon, because you're gonna find me a real Don't let me find you before you find me. Or you understand what I'm saying, don't you don't do?
Speaker 6: Do you can?
Speaker 7: You can have them bent bugs and that mattress or whatever answery for all out here. But what I'm saying is you're talking about some big bugs and those big bugs over here.
Speaker 6: Okay, so what you see them? Problem over here? In my place?
Speaker 7: I don't can have them. Probably she ain't bring nothing over there, first of all, but I ain't ain't even a problem right now.
Speaker 6: If you want me all you've been over here, man, he nobody else over here.
Speaker 7: Don't wanty about who you had over there. But you're gonna call here talking about no money. You ain't getting nothing from here.
Speaker 6: Okay, First of all, due check this out. I don't have a problem with you, Okay, Me and you cool when you cool?
Speaker 7: Problem, We already got a problem you call with me something about you've been sleeping with my brother.
Speaker 6: Hey dog Dodge. But once I'm gonna say it again. Me and you cool dog we cool? We not cool?
Speaker 11: We not cool.
Speaker 7: But I'm gonna find out a little water. I'm gonna handle Soanie myself. I'm gonna do you. I'm gonna handle you later.
Speaker 6: What you think to what you're talking about? You, you're gonna handle me.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna handle you later. You want a mattress right?
Speaker 6: Hey? They do?
Speaker 7: You want a message?
Speaker 6: Right here and marry Shenise. I ain't got nothing to do with that, my water, the man taking my money back, man for the for the property of mind that she has ruined.
Speaker 7: Man, don't worry about that. I'm gonna get you a massis. Don't worry about that. It's gonna be a casket wrapper around that.
Speaker 6: He Hey, dude, dude, why you sitting here creating the drama with me? When me and you we ain't even the problem. The problem is Shanise.
Speaker 7: The problem is you picked up your phone and you crawl here. That's the problem. You got you. You ain't got no couch, you ain't got no mastrance. Now you gotta do that. If you understand what I'm saying, you know what I see.
Speaker 6: I can't talk to you when through Shanise get home.
Speaker 7: Man, don't worry about when Shani their home. What you need to worry about was when I find you.
Speaker 6: Okay, So so when when you're gonna have my money in when you find me because I need my money day.
Speaker 7: I don't have your your mattress too. Please understand you're gonna be wrestling real well.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, So so let me ask you this here, man, Shanise, bring bed buzz over to my house. Leave them all in my mattress, leave them all over my couch. Where I gotta throw my stuff away? Where I'm wrong? At man, where I'm wrong.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna ask you straight up? Did you know she had a man?
Speaker 6: Say?
Speaker 7: What did you know she had a man? But I mean kind kind of sort of but not really though hein't no kind of sort of man even you know she got a man or she don't got a man? You knew she had a man, right, and you still winning DV Right?
Speaker 6: Hey, dog, I ain't got nothing to do with y'all. Man, I'm dealing with these bed bugs. Un'y stand what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Dude, Do you understand you messing up a four year relationship? You know how much time I put in with this woman?
Speaker 6: Four years?
Speaker 7: Four years we about to get we was about to.
Speaker 6: Get married and you calling here with this. What are y'all supposed to get married?
Speaker 7: Don't worry about when we're supposed to get married.
Speaker 6: Man, you messed that all up.
Speaker 7: What I'm trying to explain to you is, dude, you calling here on some big bugger, which I know she ain't got nothing to do with. But the fact that you told me that she was over your house, in your bed, that's over. It's over now, you understand what I'm saying. Now, when she get home, I'm gonna deal with that. You understand what I'm saying. That's gonna get done with. I was walking up out of here. But when I leave here, please believe my next doptor.
Speaker 6: Is to come find your prince of all.
Speaker 7: How do you get the number to this apartment?
Speaker 6: That's what I want to know they do. She gave me both numbers, the cell phone number in the house and told me, you know, if it's an emergency, called the house.
Speaker 7: Okay, And this is an emergency.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is an emergency.
Speaker 7: Learn learn another emergency number. Learning nine one one. Because when I'm coming knocking on your dog, either you come out on your handle it or you been to call the cops. You understand what I'm trying.
Speaker 6: To tell you. Hey, man, do you think Tommy will pay for the bad bugs?
Speaker 7: Who is Tommy?
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, do you think Tommy will pay for the bed bud?
Speaker 7: Who is Tommy?
Speaker 6: Tommy dog nephew Tommy From the Steve Harby Morning Show. Ernest, you just got pranked by your girl shot niece.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 7: Y'all, y'all or a or it was over. It was over. You understand what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it is the Chief Love Officers. You're listening hard Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: We have the hottest comedy trio in the game right now, that some have called the new Kings of comedy. It's eighty five South. That's Chico Bean, DC, Young Fly and Carl los Miller. We'll talk to them in just a bit, because right now it is time. I can't wait right so crazy, Right now it is time to ask the CLO with our Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey in the building.
Speaker 1: This one's from Alegra in Birmingham. CLO. Alega writes, my boyfriend and I split.
Speaker 12: Up after my dog chewed up one of his expensive sneakers. He acted like he could not replace the shoes. He said it was easier to replace me. Does it sound crazy for a tatural man to pick shoes over a woman?
Speaker 11: Well, does it crazy for you to want? I mean, look, you found out where you stood. Your dog ate up his shoe, shoe, he said, it is easy replace shoot and a shoe. Now you're saying, is that crazy? No, if he likes shoes better than you, he clear on where he at. Yeah, he liked his shoes better than like you. Now is it crazy? Crazy? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Why you wondered about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I told you that's tody.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, you didn't have nothing right there. Heah, you ain't need to work for shoe. You're not even a shoe. Chris Sugar all right.
Speaker 12: Moving on to Honey in West Philly, who says, my aunt met and married a man within ninety days of meeting him. This man was my sugar daddy when I was in my twenties, and I have a few photos with him on my Facebook page. Do I show Auntie the pictures or let her live happily ever after? No?
Speaker 11: Why would you show her the pictures? He was your sugar daddy when you was in your twenties. You ain't in your twenties no more. He ain't your sugar daddy no more. He her hust period. So everybody got a past. But see but but but see but see, here go the problem. What's the You're thinking it's gonna make him look bad? When you you were a willing participator in the sugar daddy concept. You didn't mind being taken care of for sexual faith. So now you think that's gonna make him look bad. Little girl, you got it twisted. So you want to show his art to pictures for what? Leave them alone?
Speaker 2: That was in the past. You ain't in the twenties no more.
Speaker 11: Why why do that leave the past in the past. I'm gonna tell you something, man, You keep bringing up people's past. Yours come with it. Remember that yours are with it. See that's why I don't get them out. I remember when you because the next time said they're gonna go. Well, I remember when you Yeah, what about when you see?
Speaker 2: See? Well, wasn't you there.
Speaker 11: It's like a lady one time told me was in Vegas and I came out of bathroom and she had been standing on the wall watching him shoot crap. I came out the bathroom she said, I was so disappointed in you. I said, what's the matter? I thought she was Christian, I said, I am. She said, I've been standing here in this casino. Oh, here, at this crap table. You've been shooting dice for two hours. I said, well, you was in here.
Speaker 2: You have to only wait for you to see me at the crap table. You had to be over that body. Crap table.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because now you think, well, you think because you was in the den of iniquity.
Speaker 2: You think just because you were standing there, you don't get to go with the rest of them.
Speaker 11: Right now, You was in the same heat. You was in the car that did the drive by shooting. You didn't put the gun out the window, but when they pulled the car off, everybody in the car get the same time.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, honey, welcome.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been standing here watching you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, you was in here, you're judging me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 12: Moving on to Ken Trella. Ken Trella and Macon says, I have two men in my life. One of them puts it down in the bedroom and the other one puts it down in the boardroom.
Speaker 1: It's been my experience that you.
Speaker 12: Can't get both good sex and financial stability from one man?
Speaker 1: Why can't a man do both?
Speaker 2: Come on, you ain't good enough to get either one of them? So what's the matter with you? Okay?
Speaker 1: One more time?
Speaker 2: See, you ain't good enough to get either one of them? So what's wrong with you?
Speaker 11: You got one man that's good in the boardroom and one man is get in the bedroom, But you ain't got either one of them.
Speaker 2: Men, but both of them got you. Hello, So what you're worried about? How come a man can't be getting in the bedroom and the board room? I don't know. But why you got to be everybody think? Oh I didn't want to say things.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but we'll move on.
Speaker 2: Ask you my last ask you? Why can't they be both? Well? How come you ain't? You don't belong to nobody? Have you ever thought? Why don't nobody want you?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 11: A lot of men is just good as they got to be. He good in the boardroom, maybe he ain't got to be good in the bedroom. He got you anyway. And the dude that's real good in the bedroom, he ain't got to give you no money because he getting all the tail he won't. So you just available or whatever somebody needs you, just available. And now you want to know how come a man can't be good? You wouldn't know because you don't have a man.
Speaker 1: She says, she has two men in her life.
Speaker 11: That's how she in her life, that's how she looks at But she ain't got two men that want her in day life. Having a man in your life and having a man which you could make a life them two different things in your life. And make a life is two different things.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody want to make no life with you? They just want to be in your life.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm moving on.
Speaker 12: Last one, Steve, Last one Dorothy and Scranton says, my husband has an hour commute to and from work, and he textes me when he's headed from home daily. He textes me when he's headed home daily. He was spotted in a mall midday yesterday and I thought he was working. I called and he said he got off early.
Speaker 1: Why couldn't he tell me that?
Speaker 2: You want to know, I don't understand the question.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'll read it again. It's her husband. He has an hour commute to and from worth work. Both ways.
Speaker 12: He texted her when he's headed home daily, and he was spotted at in the mall in the afternoon midday yesterday and she said she thought he was working and she called it.
Speaker 1: He said he got off early. But why couldn't he just tell her that? Well, because if he.
Speaker 11: Told you got off early, then he wouldn't be able to enjoy his time. So he didn't want to tell you nothing because telling you the truth would have resulted in something else.
Speaker 1: Her asking him to come home, So he didn't tell you he.
Speaker 11: Did not here, I'm off, I won't come home. Everybody don't want to run home to you every day.
Speaker 2: Damn. He needed some meat time other than that drive. He just needed some meat time. So that's what it was.
Speaker 4: That's oh thank you.
Speaker 1: He was spotted by himself, by himself.
Speaker 2: He was in the mall just enjoying hisself, walking around.
Speaker 1: By himself. Yeah even all right?
Speaker 12: Coming up next, it is the boys from eighty five South. We have been waiting for Chico Bean, Carlos Miller and DC Young Fly will they will be here right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show, all right?
Speaker 11: Everybody ask promise we got our special guests this morning on the show. I've been waiting on this one right here. Oh I thought the Kings was ignorant. We don't even pale it. No, No, I'm telling you right now. I was with these cats for five years. Were pale in comparison on this ignorant scale. I think it was because we was all older. This is the younger version of the Kings, the hip hop version of the Kings.
Speaker 2: This is ignorance at our highest level.
Speaker 11: I'm talking about unrestrained, no restrictions.
Speaker 2: Don't know the rules, rewrote the rules. They just out ignorant ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 11: The damn They've done something I've never thought would be done, especially I've saw Second City TV. They've gone bigger than Second City TV. I've watched improv groups come together and it's not the same thing.
Speaker 2: I never thought it could be done. They've turned around.
Speaker 11: They've turned an improv troop into a touring worldwide phenom. It's called eighty five South. It's Chico being DC young.
Speaker 2: Flying Carlos Miller.
Speaker 11: They got a new next mixed special called Geto Legends. They the stars of the Three Headed Monster Toolde's Damn Boys. Right here is all of that plus sir, Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for eighty five south. Come brother, that's how y'all doing.
Speaker 5: Not as good as I was before I came to another house of yours. I'm telling you, I'm taking this man. I bet listen. I did steve charity events right, and I just had heard people just talking about how much charity Steve has given. And then they had me come up and speak, and I was like, Steve ain't never did nothing but show me how much better he living than me.
Speaker 4: That's all he ever did. Show up and just see how much harder I gotta work. He never gave me nothing.
Speaker 5: Then I come to the man cave of another house, and he got a whole downstairs closet in the man cave.
Speaker 4: That ain't no cave, sir. That is a village.
Speaker 2: This is a man village.
Speaker 4: Don't call this no cave. I got a man cave. It's one room, it's beautiful. Got an upstairs, got one.
Speaker 8: I don't have a closet in my man CAVEO ain't got no Yeah.
Speaker 1: But not in the room. That's a man cave. That's a room.
Speaker 4: I thought I was stunned because I got an air fright in mine.
Speaker 11: Hold on, hold on, man, there cooking sometimes sometime all the time, ain't the man. I'm gonna tell y'all something. It's my pleasure to have y'all heal man. First time on the show Man as a unit. Man. Like I was saying in the intro, these brothers have accomplished something, man, that I just didn't know was doable. They took improv comedy and made it work to the point where it's not only working, they killing it. They selling out theaters. Man, do you know this has never been done in black comedy. It's never really been done in comedy period. Because Second City, who had the biggest improv troup ever, it was mostly twenty some people. They still wasn't selling out arenas, they were just doing comedy club dates. These cats can put themselves together and created something that has never ever been done in comedy. And I know it ain't been done in black comedy because I am a student of this game. I know what this is.
Speaker 2: I know who the greats are, and these cats I'll get on legends.
Speaker 11: Man. They will go down in history as the first and probably the only ones that's ever going to do it like this.
Speaker 2: How did y'all come up with the concept of eighty five. So it's a long journey.
Speaker 13: It's a long journey, but it's about brothers just believing in each other. And this whole foundation is literally keeping God first and just believing in your brother's dream.
Speaker 3: It was always a come rock with me, matter of fact, come on, everybody do this, and we always like what is it?
Speaker 13: And every every step and every day we would learn something new, Like we didn't know what we were doing in the beginning, like it was podcast literally just like this, and then before you know, we went on the road.
Speaker 3: And then when we went on the road, it was like so when when we first started, I was like, they want to see us.
Speaker 1: Do this live?
Speaker 2: So wait, So y'all started as.
Speaker 1: A podcast technically still is a podcast.
Speaker 3: We as a podcast. We just got different branches.
Speaker 14: Of what we do with its levels to levels, like we got a we got an in studio segment, and then it's a live segment, and then it's it's the it's the individual segment of it.
Speaker 4: So it's it's all together.
Speaker 2: Like because you all tour individual right.
Speaker 4: Most definitely, and that's that's the gas that keep all this going.
Speaker 14: If we didn't have no demand for them to see us by ourself, then none of this would work right.
Speaker 4: So it's like it's like working two jobs at once.
Speaker 14: So we go out and do our own dates, our own club shows, and our own everything, and people still will come out and just see us do eighty.
Speaker 4: Five self show.
Speaker 5: Because it's a thing is we never practice what we're gonna do before we go on staff there sometimes but we don't see each other until right before we hit the stage. But like it's like DC said, it's a certain element of just the God that's involved in the universe, that's involved that put up together and makes us to where you don't have to have no rehearsal. You can go out and whatever it is that come to our mind. We trust each other on stage.
Speaker 13: I'm ever saying I believe him when we go on stay Like when I go on by myself, you know, everybody get the jitters.
Speaker 2: Go out there.
Speaker 3: When I'm about go stay with my brothers, I'm safe. I'm like, ooh, I could be the young wow, and that's what they want to see to turn up. But I'm with my brothers and they supportantly. You see what I'm saying. So it's more so, Oh my bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the end this, this is the time out.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to believe it.
Speaker 5: Thirty He didn't wrote a note that said don't say on a note.
Speaker 2: You didn't write a posting note. But they don't. But they didn't read the note note.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, what in the world.
Speaker 3: You don't get this zesty?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hey, we got more.
Speaker 11: We just gonna beep off the top of it. Don't worry, but we got more because I don't want nobody to take nothing out.
Speaker 2: They say, do your job day. We'll be right back to more eighty five So.
Speaker 7: We on the air. What is this? Man?
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show?
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, we're back.
Speaker 11: Our special guest this morning is the Ghetto Legends eighty five South call those Peko being the DC Young Fly. They're all here live in the studio with us. We're talking about how they got started. But now, man, this thing went crazy. We got a new Netflix special that's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's amazing.
Speaker 14: It's amazing, especially like you were saying, like just how unorthodox this is, and it's like for us to just be collectively putting out talents on the table and the go and like.
Speaker 4: You said, landa fish as big as Netflix.
Speaker 14: That's crazy to me. Nobody even understood what we were doing at first. And now for you know, for it to be Netflix, one of the biggest platforms out everybody's gonna get to see and you know, give their feedback.
Speaker 3: It's just a situation where it's a group it's a group effort.
Speaker 13: You know, it's my first comedy special, but I get to do it with my brothers, you know what I'm saying. So I take more pride in that, wow than me just going out there doing a special by myself.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I don't have to.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm doing with my.
Speaker 3: Family, right, you feel me.
Speaker 13: That's the goal to always do it with your friend the friends anyway. So it's like it's never an individual thing when it comes.
Speaker 3: To this situation. It's always what we're doing as a collective.
Speaker 4: And like, look how we started and look.
Speaker 2: What we're doing now.
Speaker 3: Like we were just doing something for us to be like iron shopping iron. That's basically what it was. We were more so like hey man, you got nothing else to do, you can work on your time. You can work on your punches.
Speaker 13: But then it was like, look, God just kept opening more doors and we're like, look look at that, look at that.
Speaker 3: And then it's like we had Netflix and it's like, bro, we didn't think about this seven years ago and the game had changed.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, we still you know, like you said, you student of the game. We students are a game.
Speaker 5: So we understand that now Netflix is the you know what the HBO special was fifteen to ten first years ago, that's what it is now. So for us to be at this point of the game and have that level of solidification, it gives us the same energy that you guys produce for us to be able to follow on the footsteps. And even though the you know, foundation is a little different now as far as the springboard to get into the next level, we still have been able to you know, follow the blueprint, and in today's time, we've been able to reach the biggest platform now for comedy in odd time.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I mean look man, like like you said, the springboard has changed, Yeah, but the work ethic is the said.
Speaker 2: Don't you damn who you are?
Speaker 11: Y'all got social media and yeah, and y'all that milk it to the hilt, but nothing replaces the work ethic and a lot of huge part of y'all success. It's just y'all hustling grinds unparallel with these cats out here. Man and Jews be looking at y'all. Know how they doing that? How they doing that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: They grinding harder than y'all.
Speaker 4: You know, Like you said, it's you know, show business is two words, show in business.
Speaker 5: So when you are blessed to be able to do both of those with people that you love and that you actually have a beautiful relationship with, I think that's what makes it different. The fact that we actually love each other and rock with each other. You can feel at because a lot of.
Speaker 4: Guys, you know, they ain't really partner us, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, stay stay right with us.
Speaker 11: Are I'm more from eighty five socc when we come back, I'm gonna try to get them to describe this special.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see y'all in the business.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning Show?
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, We're back.
Speaker 11: Our special guest this morning is the Legends, the Ghetto Legends eighty five South, The New Age, the New.
Speaker 2: Netflix Special almost said HBO. They're right, because that's what Netflix is now. It's what HBO used to be.
Speaker 11: My first special was a half hour special. My second special was an hour special. And that's when you knew you was doing something when you had HBO special. Now it is Netflix.
Speaker 4: Netflix is the best specialty.
Speaker 14: Wrinkley is hell, you better stopped playing that downstairs here, go get it.
Speaker 4: It's downstairs, right, and everything.
Speaker 2: I've ever worn is downstairs. So the Netflix specialists called ghetto.
Speaker 14: Legend, Yes, yeah, cause you know they took the ghetto legends at the picture for a minute, Yeah, tell us about it. You know, it was just a period of comedy where it was just like it wasn't no essence into it, like after the Kings of Comedy. It's just like everybody just kind of scattered, you know what I'm saying. Like you said, there wasn't nobody on, no teamwork like that, bro. Like, So that's what I wanted to get back to. Like when you watch deaf comedy jam, you wasn't watching for just one person.
Speaker 4: You wanted to see the whole show.
Speaker 14: Right, You wanted to see who they had on here, even if you didn't know them, it was still exciting because it's like they made it to this platform, so they got to be this kind of good, right, And that's what I felt like was missing from the whole comedy game.
Speaker 2: Well, you're right, man, it sort of went away.
Speaker 11: Man. That's why I keep looking at how fascinating what it is y'all do, because y'all on whole nother stuff. Man, I don't even know how you came up with this idea. When I heard about, I said, that ain't work, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 5: But the thing about it is, like, dude, you know, I think people have a different respective on what the spotlight is versus do you mean from your generation to our generation spotlight was?
Speaker 2: You know y'all.
Speaker 5: I guess y'all felt like it only could be on one person at a time. You know, for us, we understand it, man, it's enough light for everybody up here. We just got to make sure that we understand that the light is shine in this way, this way or this way. So it's just the navigation, and that's what the special is. It's basically showing people another element of comedy. Because when I hear like guys like you and d L and all y'all, that come up to us and tell us how crazy it is what we're doing.
Speaker 4: To us, It's like, you know, we're doing what we It's not naturally, do you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 5: This is what we do when like you said, before we started recording, we was tripping, that's what we do regardless. Like so, the fact that people paid to see us and want to see us do that, and now we had a platform to be able to take it worldwide and give that promo to the you know, we've been doing specials for years. Everything we shoot could be a special right and what the game, and we was giving it away for free. So now with Netflix coming in, it gives us an opportunity to give it away in a way to where we can kind of see some of the return as far as people who might not be hip to what we've been doing for the past seven years.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Yeah, man, because you are. It's just the reason I didn't see it because I just didn't think it was doable.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you why you ain't think it was doable. You ain't think splitting the money. You ain't never split no money.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Jesus, the Kings, damn near broke up the first night. No paid, because I was trying to figure out.
Speaker 11: What this dude was talking about, because he was talking about, you don't get paid to night, you get paid after we finished the dates on this weekend.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 11: I give my money when I walk off, right, so you know, we work through it. What you all have done, I guess because nobody told you. You and y'all just didn't listen to it. And it's been a phenom to me. Man, it's really been shocking to me. I talked to say It about it. I talked to DL about it. I don't talk to Chappelle about it. I don't talk to Rock about it because when we he man, because when we when we get together, it's a different type of meat.
Speaker 3: That's what is them og saying about the eighty five South I grew.
Speaker 11: I cannot believe they pulled this off. There's no way we could have did it because we were too individual. If I'm talking, you waiting on me to take a breath and then you gonna say something, No, donk, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: We came from that Richard prior mindset. We didn't know. Nobody told y'all. It wasn't doable and it's tripping us out. And we all watch it.
Speaker 11: Chappelle, watch y'all rock, Watch y'all, Eddie Murphy. I'm sitting at Eddie House, y'all. Y'all don't know man, but y'all don't put a crease in the game.
Speaker 2: Man with the old man, get all the money.
Speaker 1: You're listening? Morning Show?
Speaker 11: All right, everybody, all right, everybody, we're back Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Our special guest this morning has been filled.
Speaker 11: You listen, they here, We love them. They hear eighty five? Yeah, I really did, I really hear it. Because off the air, I'm just really shame on myself. I'm just saying these boys and not mean here loose like I ain't got no I'm glad this is off the air because all of this, Steve, I'll be on the internet. Up, I'll be on TMD tonight. Look at how many times Steve Hardy said this.
Speaker 2: On the air.
Speaker 11: But they here today and that we've been promoting the new Netflix special called Ghetto Legends Off, which is out now ye on Netflix. Man, And for those of you that who have never seen what they do, you have got to go to Netflix and check out eighty five South Special Ghetto Legends, because you will see a brand of comedy that I just didn't I look, man, when I tell y'all, I've talked to everybody about it, nobody has an understanding, but they all love it.
Speaker 2: And they say, hey, man, well to get together and do that. I said, well, you know you don't know.
Speaker 11: No, you all been individuals way too long. Y'all ain't gonna share no stage and nobody. You ain't gonna let nobody get no whole thought out. And then you all have a chemistry because I've watched you close. You all know when to let something go.
Speaker 2: Matter. I just saw y'all.
Speaker 11: Y'all gonna put a band on stage. Y'all know when to let something go. You know when to let a god go. And it's not no jump. It's nobody talking over each other, whereas mayhem. It is the most organized corruption shot I've seen.
Speaker 2: The like it's got the nerve could be damn funny.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 11: I don't know why people pay to come to this, you know, because if they sitting there hear what killed me? When they when they try to get involved, that's when they asked and signed up for more.
Speaker 6: Do me?
Speaker 2: Do mean pick me?
Speaker 11: Got on and then you will do the whole role. Look at these helples with all these skittles on their head and they had a different color whip.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all.
Speaker 4: But I think that's the element of the show that people love.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 5: It's like the fact that you know, when you come to odd show, you it's a it's like you come into the family cookout, you know what I mean? And not only if we talk about you, but we talk about ourselves and each other and all of that too. Is not it's it's a safe space in regards to come.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: And it's a free judgment free zone. You can come be who you are.
Speaker 5: We got people that come in wheelchair, people that come bring their kids.
Speaker 4: A dude bought a dog to the show. He brought a dog service. It was in there service, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The dog was blind though.
Speaker 1: There's no service.
Speaker 2: That was you know, the dog that don't provide the survey.
Speaker 14: I want to give a disclaimer because people think you got to be messed up to get talked about at the show.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 2: You be clean as hell.
Speaker 4: We do everything and you're still gonna get hey man.
Speaker 2: One time I.
Speaker 11: Saw a security card come up to the front of the stage and he was old white guy, and y'all was messing with the guy and he said, Richard, where they call you?
Speaker 2: He said, big big and walked off.
Speaker 11: But ya, the greatness in y'all was y'all that even had it this this new had to be seventy seventy five years old.
Speaker 2: He said, name Richard. He said, what they call you? Richard?
Speaker 5: He said, and he turned around and walked off, and we did stood there and the man stopped playing.
Speaker 2: But dude, audience went crazy. He waving.
Speaker 11: I said, what the genius of it? Which y'all let him have that moment. Y'all let him win.
Speaker 1: We live, We live in the moment.
Speaker 11: See, that was crazy because at the average young dude. But you ain't no big you got y'all. You know, y'all small, y'all ain't got no I wasn't repeating that, So y'all, y'all got him had I said, These dudes get it because it's it's like a it's like a situation and an energy where it's like we eighty five south, but.
Speaker 13: The people are eighty five south as well. So it's like we don't ever want to be on a certain pedestal where but we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't reach you.
Speaker 9: We are you.
Speaker 3: We're just examples of you can make it if you keep going first and you just stay working. You see what I'm saying. So when we have those type of moments, it's like.
Speaker 13: Man, the white man just went crazy on y'all be scared and we're gonna go crazy over you and said it to me.
Speaker 2: I went, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: And not only that, we boosted them up, like did you yet that dog? That was the greatness of it, because the average person see to be a hope of great hope, you have to be gracious because you're not gracious.
Speaker 2: Man, it can't always be about you. You gotta let your guess.
Speaker 11: Win until they concerned that when they needing, you gotta take over.
Speaker 1: Well, excuse me? Did you say it doesn't always have to be about you? I just want to let the record show that.
Speaker 11: The Steve Tarky morning kick on what I don't do. I don't listen to none of that right there, because they will take a shot.
Speaker 4: At me whenever they get supposed to.
Speaker 2: Espect surely take a shot but surely no.
Speaker 11: I don't care, and I've done like a very ego man, egotistical thing in my career. Everything gonna put my name talk because see, guess what, when you cancel my show, you don't get to keep the signage and nothing.
Speaker 2: You got to start over. Take all their lights down, take all that. I got mustache and ball heads on top of everything. So when the white folks canceled me, I got some fun the whole building. I just thought about that.
Speaker 4: But you had the Steve Hobby show and your name was mister hot tower bro.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 11: When Wendy Williams left, they just moved people then her set. No, no, when you try to get rid of me, get rid of you.
Speaker 3: You got to start over.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna cost you millions. You I ain't the only one to be out of Mullion. Oh no, no, no, you cancel the show, Steve, You're gonna be out of some Mullion.
Speaker 4: You too, you.
Speaker 3: Wall that's me on all the paintings.
Speaker 11: Can't have nothing, bro. Always remember that our brands myself. Even when I was on Showtime to Apollo, Man, it would Showtime of Apollo starring Steve Hardy, and after that it was never the same because I do stuff in a way.
Speaker 2: Man, where you get rid of me, but you can replace me.
Speaker 11: No, man, and brother, listen, you are the type of dudes where you do something that's so unique that it's gonna be I replaceable. Not to see the next troop that comes along and try to be three or four. They got, they got, they gotta walk out there on that y'all to be like.
Speaker 2: But the same mama, and the same thing ain't gonna work. But that's it.
Speaker 3: But see this the thing, I feel like all three of us have the same wisdom, mature, moral background.
Speaker 13: You did you know what I'm saying, And we all fancy each other like how you said, Yoji, let's get on there.
Speaker 3: You like, No, you more of an individual.
Speaker 2: I'm an individual that individual.
Speaker 3: And we ain't gonna never let each other share the time. We more so when we we on stage when they talking.
Speaker 4: I mean lessening vice versa all the way.
Speaker 3: I'm not about to say something.
Speaker 13: I'm like this what you about to say, because because I know you're gonna end up bringing something out of me. So I'm more so like because I love improv say something to make me do something, because I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 14: I love I want to hear what you got to say. I love it because I love to see, like we're fans of each other. I would love to see at any given night she go to DC go out there and rock the whole bringer, you know what I mean, and like let the people love them in any given time.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: We all do that.
Speaker 5: Y'all happy, and y'all all win, and and the thing is the genuine nature of the laughs because we don't know they coming. Like it's no rehearsal, so we don't know what is the crazy part. Like I'm talking about these two dudes man.
Speaker 4: Tears.
Speaker 5: You never know just the type of stuff that is said on stage, and it's all the way in there after shows. We'll be like, bro, when you said this and you said that, because we re recapping what we didn't know we was gonna do.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, man, I know we've got to get out of here, but I do want to come back if I want to say something. I staying here and I want DC to say something.
Speaker 11: I want to talk to DC on a personal level about his life and what's going on. In these brothers love they have for one another. So we're gonna take a little serious turn before we come back more the Steve Hargy Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Right after that, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com by clicking Submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on time. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew.
Speaker 12: Subject big and hot for the wrong reasons. Here Stephen Shirley. My husband and I have been together for almost fifteen years, and we used to be very active sexually, but it has slowed down a lot in the past two years because we've both gained a lot of weight. I've told him I don't feel sexy most of the time, and I am dealing with some health issues because of the weight gain. I suggest it we work out, and whenever we try He makes it sexual. He makes everything sexual. I also suggested that we finally get the king sized bed that we've been needing for years.
Speaker 1: He loves to cuddle up under me in our queen bed. Our ceiling fan in the room.
Speaker 12: Is broken, so imagine how hot it is with two oversized people in a smaller bed. He lies there every night wanting to spoon, and his hand is usually under my boobies and his naked body is pressed.
Speaker 1: Up against mine. I am usually drenched from.
Speaker 12: Head to toeeveral times throughout the night, and he wants to be intimate when we wake up. I'm sick of it, and I told him to fix the fan and get a bigger bed for us. I showed him several beds with good financing that we can go look at. He said a king bed would make it harder to cuddle, and I'm already running from him in the queen bed. He's ignoring the elephant in the room. Literally. He is a big man, and that body heat is unbearable. At night, we can't seem to get to the gym, and he goes and buys junk food whenever I cook healthy meals. I still love him to death, and I want him to be healthy and I'm trying and he's not. I'll give it to him every day, in every way if he will work on his weight with me. Granted he's six ' three, so he's carrying the weight well, but he's wide. Since he won't agree to do anything I've asked him to, should I go against his wishes and order us a king sized bed?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I just got a say. This is so sweet. I mean, this is really really sweet.
Speaker 12: I know you're frustrated right now, because I just had to say that. I really did, because I love the fact that your husband still finds you sexy and attractive and desirable, even though you don't feel that way about yourself. Yes, no matter that you've gained weight and a lot of it, you say, he still wants to cuddle with you and be close to you and be intimate with you. And when the love is still there, because you say you love him to death, when the love is still there, I think you guys have something to work with here. Usually we get strawberry letters where the husband and wife are complaining that they don't look the same, you know, as when they first met, so they're thinking about cheating, and you know the weight is a turn off all of that, but not your man, and that's a good thing. But you have to be comfortable too. You have to be respected too. I say, if you can afford it, go ahead and order the king bed and let him know that you are serious about changing and getting healthy. If he loves you, and I think he does according to what you've said in this letter, you know, have a serious talk with him and you guys, find a way where you can both.
Speaker 1: Get what you want and be happy. Life is too short, Steve.
Speaker 2: Well. Shirlie opened her letter with this is so sweet.
Speaker 1: It's so sweet.
Speaker 11: I don't know what damn letter you're in. I saw the pain and agony all through this damn letter. Two people been together fifteen years. You used to have a very, very active sexually, but then it slowed down a whole lot in these last two years. Why because we've both both of us have gained a lot of weight. Now, when the woman writes that is you best to believe we talking some weight here. I will speculate on how wide I think this situation is as we move throughout the level. I've told him, I don't feel sexy most of the time, and I'm dealing with some health issues because of the weight. Can I recommend that both of you immediately go to Walmart dot com and start yourself off with some elevate youth. I cannot tell you a better way to try to start your health regiments by getting your mitochondrias and fed on the cellular level and give yourself the energy to want to work out. But until you try elevate you, let's just deal with the letter. You're dealing with some health issues because of the weight gain. Well, what health issues do we have when we gain weights? Joint pain, it's one of the things that becomes healthy. Inflammation is one of the things that happened with wealth. High blood pressure comes with you, weight games, doubt comes with weight game. Pre diabetic and predisposed to diabetes come from weight, lack of control of your insulin level due to weight snacking, craven. All of that is because the insulin is gone shot crazy.
Speaker 2: Can you get well now?
Speaker 11: I suggested we work out, and whenever we try, he make that say, oh, you thought you was gonna bring yoga into the house.
Speaker 2: And do it down with dog and he back then you thought that was going.
Speaker 11: You thought you was gonna lay on this floor and have him hold your ankles and you do a sit up where you come up here.
Speaker 2: That's what he got some weight.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Steve, hang.
Speaker 2: On, Yeah, we'll be got to this. Ain't gonna get no good.
Speaker 1: In to this coming up. I think this is a sweet letter coming up.
Speaker 12: Part two of the Strawberry Letter is Steve's response at twenty three minutes after the hour. The subject is big and hot for the wrong reasons. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. Big and hot for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these true people been together fifteen years, used to be really section action. Now they've gained a lot of weight, both of us. This lady say we've gained a lot of weight.
Speaker 11: Say she don't feel sexy most of the time, and she's dealing with some health issues because of the weight gain, inflammation, doubt art the writings diabetes, pre diabetic, high potension, high blood press, cholesterol levels is shot, insulin levels is going through the room. There could be any one of those numbers herectile dysfunction ain't hit him yet because he ready. But here's the problems of him. You suggest that we work out whenever we try, he make that say, well, y'all had a suddenly active life and it just slowed down. Slows you down because of the way. I think you're the big of it. Two, that's why you wrote the letter. I think you dealing with a problem where both of you are rather well. But you said he's six y three, so he carries it differently. He's just why, So what do you know that in your house is six foot three and wi Well, I'm thinking right off the refrigerator. You're married to a penmore. Your man is a frigidad. Your man is a fighting Your man is a sub zero. You are married to William the refrigerator. Perry running back. That's what she just said. But now I also suggested that we finally get that kings sized bed we've been needing for years. He loves to come up under me and our queen bed and our ceiling fan in the room is broken. Uh oh, now we got problem here. We've got two white ass people trying to sleep in the queen size bed that he liked because he cuddle and one of his hands is always under your breast. You wake up in the middle of the night you drenched. But I'm telling you right now, the ceiling fan in the room is broken. You have got to get that damn fan figure. I don't know what that costs, but I'm gonna tell you right now, you fan is cheaper than the bed. You have got to get some ass circulating in that room with y'all two big ass in that little last bed.
Speaker 2: And when you got two.
Speaker 11: Real big people in the queen size bed, it's no longer queen side.
Speaker 2: Y'all is on the coton.
Speaker 1: Y'all is in that damn.
Speaker 11: Near sleeping in a sleeping fast Because I know, lady, you didn't say how much, but you said.
Speaker 2: You all have gained a lot overweight.
Speaker 11: Whoom, she said, So imagine how hard it is with two oversized people in a smaller bed.
Speaker 4: Can't do that.
Speaker 2: I can't do that, you would, I can't imagine. I don't know what that's like.
Speaker 11: I've been in I've been in a hot room by myself. I slept by myself in my handed.
Speaker 2: I know it's hot.
Speaker 11: I didn't have nothing on me, not even couples I know, I know where in the hell I could be in there, And then he want to cuddle under you. You don't get your fat ass off of me right now and take your hand up.
Speaker 2: Shelley, This ain't no sweet letter is sweet? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: They love each other, they can working out.
Speaker 11: This is two fat ass people that's overheating at night. It's what this latter is about.
Speaker 4: And you just sound sweet.
Speaker 2: The eight day ass right out.
Speaker 11: This damn bed is what they've been done hot. The hell of Queen's side bed ain't big enough no more? You know how much wait there the game Queen's side nice side Dad, it's too small now.
Speaker 2: And then that damn seiling fan is roke. So then as you say, he lies there every night wanting to spoon sleeve, he ain't no spoon.
Speaker 11: He's a ladle. There's a difference between a spoon and a ladle. He that thing that you dip punch with here ain't no damn spoon.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of it. I've told him to fix the fan and get a bigger bed for Heddy.
Speaker 11: He can't fix that night, And you know what happened if he's standing up on the end of that bed trying to reach up there and six that fan.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 11: He gonna flip that little twin side bed on and bust that whole damn window. You stand on the edge of the bed and your ass is overweight. You're gonna flip that mirror over here. Cauld you please feel me when you get up there. And I've showed him several beds with good financing that we can go look at. You got to get a big bed, but you need some reinforcements. We need to get some celind the flocks up under that box frame. I'm gonna tell you that right now, cause though Sun, y'all gonna keep it much lower because y'all weigh too much. He said, king bed would make it harder to come king side bed. Y'all have to get that thing finance, and I don't know how y'all money at.
Speaker 2: That ain't right.
Speaker 11: I'd buy you the bed if I thought it would help you, But y'all big ass got to lose weight because I don't give a damn what you already h y'all ass out that queen bed. If we buy the king size bed, all y'all gonna do is eat y'all ass out there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what y'all.
Speaker 11: Y'all gonna to sleep in the floor at the while, Yeah, y'all just big ass gonna be down in the floor, which y'all comfort to spread out just from window to window here, y'all wally, y'all white ass all around that.
Speaker 2: This is about weight loss. Y'all gotta lose some damn waiting.
Speaker 1: Tell him where to get elevant you And.
Speaker 11: Then if you're talking about he's ignoring the elephant in the room, now he ain't, y'all is both y'all, y'all is the two elephants in the room and in the level. Anyway, I'd give it to him every day if he'll work on his way.
Speaker 1: Leave your comments on today's Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 2: That's what you need on.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey FM and check us out.
Speaker 12: Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand. Okay, it's on the free iHeartRadio app. Up next it is Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this you're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: It is time out for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got Junior?
Speaker 8: Ah, Chris Paul, Chris Paul Man. I feel for Chris Paul. He being traded to the Wizards. Man, he's being traded to the Wizards from Bradley Beal. What yeah, yeah, man, it's finalizing the d tenders. But you need to be sent to but Timmy, this is to tell you how he found out from his own son.
Speaker 1: His son told her, Hey.
Speaker 4: Dad, you're being traded.
Speaker 2: Retired, Chris, it's time to get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna retire.
Speaker 3: Don't play for the Wizards.
Speaker 1: Your son telling you.
Speaker 2: You understand that he's finnah make thirty million this year?
Speaker 11: Mm hm oh, okay, I go and play for the Roxbury Rockets junior high teams.
Speaker 1: For high team.
Speaker 3: You heard me, Well d C, it is d C.
Speaker 11: But they're gonna trade him though, they're gonna trade him. Yeah, he's not gonna play.
Speaker 2: How they he is. They probably buy him out his contract. They probably buy him out. But he still got State Farm though he still got them.
Speaker 1: Chris Paul gonna be does he Because we've been seeing a lot of just Paul.
Speaker 2: Got his great Chris got great career man and and Nakers could use it. If the Clippers could use it. Oh, there's a lot of continuous that contenders that need a point guard. The Wizards. Man.
Speaker 8: Well, even on top of that time and check this out, man, Draymond Green has turned down he's twenty seven million dollar option to play for the for the Warriors. Turned down, he said, is gonna be a unrestricted free agent. So so twenty sevent me, I can't see turned down? Twenty seven me, no, thirty, I don't know you.
Speaker 2: Can get more. Raymon is a great ball player.
Speaker 1: He has an edge a bottom.
Speaker 2: Maybe he should go to the Wizards.
Speaker 3: With Chris Order order Rockets.
Speaker 4: We could use it.
Speaker 2: We show good user.
Speaker 11: Oh, we definitely can use. But he gonna want he want to go somewhere you can't go. You're not gonna go from the Warriors to the Rockets.
Speaker 2: Y'all need to be serious. Okay, we want to player you always tell me every time. Yeah, let me ask you a question. Draymond ain't worth for damn either.
Speaker 11: Draymond Green been playing with Klay Thompson and Steph Carris. Do you think he's been to leave the Warrior organization and go play for the Rocks.
Speaker 1: Just think about it for a moment.
Speaker 11: Have y'all lost your damn Why would you go to a winning atmosphere today?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What is you hoping for can build it. We can build a team.
Speaker 11: Man around Draymond ain't going there getting no building situation.
Speaker 2: Draymon being champed. Jaymon got rings on his head.
Speaker 15: All right, thank you, thank you, Yes, coming up at the top of the hour of the b e t Awards are this weekend, and our very own Steve Harvey was the first.
Speaker 1: To ever host the be ET Awards back in two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: WHOA, that's right.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: The twenty twenty three BEET Awards has planned a non stop hip hop party for the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop. This year, Drake tops the list of nominees. Doesn't Drake always top the list? He always tops the list of nominees, earning seven nods in total, while rising star Glorilla trails him with six nominations of her own.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to her.
Speaker 12: Twenty one Savage and Lizzo have tied with five nods each. Beyonce, burn A Boy, Chris Brown, Sizza, and Ice Spice all tie for four nominations. As part of Culture's Biggest night, this non stop hip hop party will feature Big Daddy Kane, The sixty nine Boys, E Forty Fat, joe Ja, Rule Kid and Play MC light Master, p Remy Moss, Soldier Boy, The Sugar Hill Gang, Yeah, Trick Daddy, Trina, Uncle Luke Warren, g The Yin Yang Twins, and many others. This will be a big celebration for the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop the b ET Awards. Will they are live this Sunday, June twenty fifth and eight p m. Eastern and Pacific.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 12: Steve Ewan said hosted the very first ever b ET Awards as a Paris casino in Vegas. Yeah, this was back in June of two thousand and one, and you instead hosted the second one at the Doby Theater in Vegas in two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: So how do you remember it? How do you remember it?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, of course it wasn't what it is today.
Speaker 11: It was huge because b one was recognizing black culture and black excellence. So it was really good, man. But we bought some people out on that stage. Man, for the first time. It was really really too us and it's just grown and grown and grown and grown since then. Yeah to what it is today. I feel honored to have been the first one said talk about it. We was talking about it a few weeks ago. How we feelt about that there, you know how cool it was.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we didn't know what we lead to this. We didn't know we end up here. I mean, you know, you gotta look man, BT two thousand and one. That was right after the Kings Man all Megastars. So we were just like crazy man. Yeah, and we thought that was dope back then. I had no idea what God was really about to do. You couldn't have told me this. I wouldn't known BT award show would be this big as one of the biggest nights of award shows that's looked for because of the biggest stars. I'm telling you, when it comes to this music thing, it's ours. If you take us out of music, man, music dies music. If we were not in music, music, if we were not in sports, sports dies, if we were not in entertainment, entertainment dies.
Speaker 2: We've been a major part of the five.
Speaker 11: If you if you try to take us out the history books, you cannot explain how this country is built.
Speaker 2: You just cannot explain this without us.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you'll be watching this Sunday huh, you'll be watching this Sunday, he will, yea.
Speaker 1: I will be watching.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 11: I'm not going to awards promise every year. Every year I'm will be a somebody's wedding in Italy.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah right, yeah, I meanrible moments.
Speaker 2: You could just anniversary, man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: At the anniversary wonderful? How many years seventeen?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, mister Hart's major congratulat. Yeah, that's beautiful.
Speaker 12: That's beautiful and just Happyfore look at you.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be nice, a nice fake case.
Speaker 2: You see that, Junior. You see how many years you got seeah, you know how you get that, Junior? You get that by being quiet?
Speaker 12: Quiet Junior, break it down, Tommy, Tommy, you just celebrated yours.
Speaker 1: How many years?
Speaker 2: Twenty two? I like, I like to see you getting years being quiet Julia.
Speaker 1: All right, congratulations, guys, don't forget the BET.
Speaker 12: Awards will air live this Sunday, June twenty fifth, eight pm Eastern and Pacific. Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Listen up, Steve Harvey Nation experience the award winning Soul of Motown, celebrating Motown legends at the Westgate Cabaret at Westgate Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Resort and Sino.
Speaker 12: You could win a trip for two to see Soul of Motown, including round trip coach airfare, two nights hotel, a two hundred fifty dollars credit at Serenity Spa, and a one hundred and fifty dollars dinner credit at Edge Steakhouse. Enter now and get rules at Steve HARVEYFM dot com. That's Steve HARVEYFM dot com for all the info. It is sponsored by Westgate Resorts. Nice, the Temptations and the Supremes. I'm thinking, yeah, this is this is huge hotel.
Speaker 9: So you know, you know when they do the Mighty Tim, I will be in there screaming during My Mygirl Clino.
Speaker 12: Yes, So again, you can get rules and everything at Steve HARVEYFM dot com. Steve HARVEYSM dot com for all the information. Thank you to our sponsor, Westgate Resorts. Yeah, that's gonna be fun. Oh my girl, ain't too proud of me, big man, Supremes, Gladys.
Speaker 1: It really pays to listen to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Maybe looking you up.
Speaker 1: We do it big, we have something.
Speaker 12: I love all right, coming up, we'll close out the show with eighty five South. There was such a pleasure to have them on, such fun, such insightful, funny, crazy young guys.
Speaker 1: They really have their heads on straight.
Speaker 12: They really do many things to Chico being Carlos Miller and DC Young Fly Steve, you will be back with them right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 11: Hey, And normally this is our closing remarks, but earlier today we had eighty five South on the show, and I asked DC to stick around and the fellas to stick around. They've been here all morning with me, crazy crazy morning. I wanted to talk to d C about his life right now. First of all, we offer all of us here on the Steve Harvey Morning Show off you our condolences on your loss.
Speaker 2: And man, but what I wanted to say was I saw the moment that you had at your girl's homegoing and the speech you gave, and I got to say something to you. Man.
Speaker 11: I don't think I could do it. I don't think I have that fiber. I might, but I don't think I did it. I watched your speech, Man, probably six times. I knew you had a relationship with God, but I did not know it was that type of relationship.
Speaker 2: And after listening to your speech, Man, I realized, I said, Man, this.
Speaker 11: Dude, right here, God got a place in his heart that if you weren't aware of it, you have to be now because that can only be God with this speech you gave, Man, And I just wanted to say to you, DC, I commend you on your strength, Man. And I think you don't know it, man, but you really did something for a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 11: So I just wanted to tell you, man, from all of us here to Steve Harvey Morning Show man, how important you are, not only to your culture, but you crossed a lot of barriers because I'm sixty six, man, and I learned something from your young ass that day.
Speaker 2: I learned how powerful God really was. Man. I did not know that God could give you that kind of strength. Man. And so for you and your.
Speaker 11: Family, man Or, we wish you nothing but the best, and you had young children and everything.
Speaker 2: Man, and uh, you're just a powerful dude. Man. I just want to say that to you, Man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 13: And you know it's a tit subject and I ain't I'm not ready to fun and just talking about it with just anyone.
Speaker 1: But you are God fearing man as well, and I learned a.
Speaker 2: Lot from you.
Speaker 13: So you know, I feel like we on a certain level spiritually what this conversation can be talked about.
Speaker 3: And we know the energy that when you talk.
Speaker 13: I said it off air that yeah, I see the show, but I like when you go off a f and you could be real because you get to cry and talk to the people and be you give them the game and you always implement God and everything you do and you always let them know.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be who I am.
Speaker 2: Today if it wasn't for God.
Speaker 1: Come on, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I grasps that every time you talk, and it was one of the moments.
Speaker 13: Well I mean still to this day when somebody asks, I ain't got the answer from God.
Speaker 2: Fearing, you feel me.
Speaker 3: I leave by the spirit, not by the flesh.
Speaker 13: You know, you got a human mind and you got a spirit mind, and there's no human secret way of dealing with things, especially when real life hits you.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of people don't.
Speaker 12: Know real life all right, we'll be back with Chickop and Carlos Miller and DC Young Flies right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 2: Morning showy, Hey, we're back everybody.
Speaker 11: Earlier today we had our eighty five South on the show, and I asked DC to stick around and the fellas to stick around. They've been here all morning with me. I wanted to talk to DC. I did not know how powerful God really was.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 13: You may can create how your life can go today, but you don't know where your life gonna go tomorrow. And once I learned that, I can't control life and the thing that's around it, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Control my spirit.
Speaker 3: That's one thing I do got control over.
Speaker 13: Somebody may hit your car today, but they can't control how you act off being hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's like, yeah, I've been ducking in dodging, but I still got hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can drive as safe as possible, but you still get hit. Yeah, And it's on you to maneuver and show people when do you get hit, what you're gonna do.
Speaker 13: And like I said, it's just it's an unfortunate situation and my life is on display. So it's like they're watching, But but I also understand my calling. And once you understand your calling, you understand that it's bigger than you. You know, because day today, I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I just thank God I still got my mind to figure it out. You feel me, And it's like I.
Speaker 3: Ain't got all the answer.
Speaker 13: And as a human, everybody has an emotional side, and that's just the science in them. But when you know God and you know all the things that He done brought you through before, and it's like I never questioned rule number one. If you're a firm believer, hey man, you don't question the things that happened in your life. I was laying in the bed the other day and I was like, why me? And then some said, well, well why not you? If he wanted to give the battle to to oh boy them, he could have gave it to oh boyding them. But old boy ain't e quipped.
Speaker 2: He ain't.
Speaker 11: He can't fight this.
Speaker 1: He's not ready.
Speaker 3: And not only that, that's not his job. I got a job for you, so I need for you to finish carry it out.
Speaker 13: And if you study the Bible, and if you read the Bible, they are already showing you how to keep going.
Speaker 3: You got to take those stories.
Speaker 13: From all the kings and all the prophets, and you're like, Okay, if they can go through it, then I could go through it. And if they could keep their faith, I could keep their faith because I read it right here, say well, if he who kept his faith, and he who kept going, God kept.
Speaker 3: His faith on him, why would I turn if the book to come on?
Speaker 4: The book told me. The book told me.
Speaker 3: So if I'm living by the book, I'm gonna die by the book.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna walk by the book, and I'm gonna talk by the book, and I'm gonna sit here and say, yeah, I'm emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a forever trip.
Speaker 2: Forever.
Speaker 1: This is a forever trip.
Speaker 13: But I got my shoes on, I got my chin up, and I got my chests out because I know that if we are the example, Joseph didn't complained when he was the example.
Speaker 3: And I'm learning from Joseph.
Speaker 13: So somebody got to learn from me, and they got to know the only way is the higher power, see man.
Speaker 11: For you to be at this age, and I'm telling you, you're teaching people who are much older than you, Brother, listen to me, because I know I don't seen this hammer hit some people before. I don't seen how they handle it. There's no manual for grief, ain't no book you can read.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I hate I hate people coming up to me.
Speaker 11: Man, when I lose somebody important, My mama, my daddy, my brother, my best friend. He in a better place. Hang in there, It'll be all right now. Man, what is you talking about? What you mean better place? My mama's better place when she's upstairs in the rocking chair by refrigerator. That's my mama's better place. You could talk to me about a better place. And people say all these traditional things to you because they don't know what to say.
Speaker 4: Man, know what to say living?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, it really is if it's a problem for the living, and we are responsible for carrying on the legacy and the memory of the people who are no longer here. But that is a test, that is you know a lot of people don't know what that test is because you never had to take it in the capacity that you know.
Speaker 3: Just the bigger picture. It's the bigger picture what people fail to realize.
Speaker 4: And this is this is it.
Speaker 3: I gotta make sure I solidify my spot in heaven.
Speaker 2: I get to it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: So if this is my my fight, I gotta fight. I want to make sure that when my time is up. I look at my head of the Father and I said, I swear on everything I tried to live.
Speaker 7: Look.
Speaker 1: Look, look I did not tear from you.
Speaker 3: They tried everything. Watch the enemy keep coming. Did I not do my best?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Come on, I know I little spot, and.
Speaker 2: You got you.
Speaker 11: And the beautiful thing is He's prepared this place for us. But he also full warned us that there are none perfect, no not one. So if ain't nobody perfect, and there's none perfect, no not one, then what is it a heaven? For heaven gonna be filled with a lot of imperfect people, but who gave it the best shot, who tried to do the best they can. I get tired of people coming to me. You are Christian, you was cussed.
Speaker 2: You are Christian. You smoke the cigars. Christian don't smoke cigars. This one do this?
Speaker 11: Christian does both of those. And I have an occasional drink too. And I punch people in the mouth if you say something about my mama. You know I'm just I'm just here. What Christian I am? You want a Christian turn the other cheek, I'm pretty sure they're out here. I'm entry level Christianity. I don't do advanced Christianity. If you do that, then cool. I got that other thing for you. I'm gonna be the dude at the gate. Might have to have a little meeting when we get at the gate, but it don't let me in. We're gonna have to go over a couple he gonna run a couple of clips back and.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna have to go. Yeah that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the man Cave of Heaven. But from the way you put your man, it's gonna be straight when you get up all the way.
Speaker 2: Brother, I just wanted to say that to you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 11: We love you, We appreciate your man. We appreciate eighty five South for coming on this morning. Great morning. The Ghetto Legends Netflix specialists.
Speaker 2: On right now.
Speaker 11: If you have not seen what they do, it's on Netflix and it's called Ghetto Legends.
Speaker 4: Eighty five South.
Speaker 2: Everybody show you love. Thank y'all, brothers. Appreciate it. Yeah to.
Speaker 11: For all.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvey contests No purchase necessary void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show