Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Vanessa Bayer and this is my brother Jonah.
Speaker 3: We're two siblings who love to talk about our childhood in nostalgia and how it shaped us into the people we are.
Speaker 2: Today, who are supremely chill if I do say so myself.
Speaker 4: Welcome to how did we get weird?
Speaker 2: So, Jonah, I was thinking about when we were in high school and the one year when we were in French class together, even though you're two years ahead of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were more kind of advanced classes, and so I don't know. I first took a class called Phenomenon of Language, which was Latin, right, which is I think they kind of phase that out. I think by the nineties they were Latin was on its way out. But we did take French together and we each had to pick a French name. Yes, and do you remember yours?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I started taking French when I was in I want to say fifth grade. I know that sounds pretty advanced, but that's when I think you could start really early in Brady Middle School.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I definitely wasn't doing that.
Speaker 2: The name that I chose was ver Jeanie because our cousin, Jeremy's wife is French, and that's her name. And then once I was in high school, just because American kids are just such little demons, I thought it sounded too much like Virgin and I thought I'd get made fun of, so I changed it to ver Anique, which, if I'm being honest, I think Vergenie is such a beautiful name, but I do think I'm more of a ver Anique. Now, Jonah, your name I will never forget. Do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 3: Well, I was a big action movie fan, and so I had to go with Jean Claude, yes, after Jean Claude van Dam And so every time the teacher would call me Jean Claude, and I thought it was like so funny. Yeah, yeah, So I was called multiple times in class every time I was called by the name Jean Claude.
Speaker 2: You know. The other thing that was funny was that I would tutor you a lot in when we were and you would just want to play guitar, right and I would be tutoring you. But that's not the thing that I was gonna say was funny. There was something else I don't remember, but I do remember that you made me look so cool because I was like my cool older brothers in this class. And then there were people who are in the grade between us that I thought were cool, like other cool teens, and they were like, I guess we have to be cool to Vanessa because our cool older brothers in here, and I say cool more. The other thing I remember is that our French teacher was really into food and would bring menus in all the time. And then remember when we made a king cake or we made some kind of cake. I think there's a couple cakes in French culture that have little plastic babies hidden in them. Okay, but there's at least one. And we made that cake for extra credit, and it was I remember the recipe was in our textbook, and you know, textbooks recipes kind of like leave a lot to the imagination because they don't, I think, really expect people to make it to make them. It's just sort of like, look at this recipe for a French thing in your French textbook, and then we actually wan and did it.
Speaker 3: Well, she must have looking back, and this is the last thing I'll say about this topic, is she must have stolen those menus, because you can't just go to a restaurant and be like, I want to show this in my class. Can I just have this? I think you just got to take it and be like, this is for education. They can print more.
Speaker 2: Well. She was obsessed with Paul Bocus. Yes, of course, Paul Bocou's. And she talked about how one time when they did the High School of French trip to France. I actually did when I was older, I was still in high school, that they went to Paul Becuz's restaurant and were treated to a many course meal of all this French trip. And remember she would talk about it like every other class.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so she was obsessed with Paul Bakoos and rightfully so it was missus Mauser, right, she changed her name when she got married. She would bring in the menu and I think they probably gave it to her. She didn't have a ton of them. It wasn't like she was passing them out, was she.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know. I'm not sure they gave it to her.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't get mad at me about it.
Speaker 5: I'm mad.
Speaker 2: But well, should we introduce her guest?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Today I want to say Vanessa is in like a little bit of a weird mood today.
Speaker 2: I think you're in a weirdo.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll see how this goes, but yes, our guest today is a musician and engineer who is currently signed to Subpop Records, who solo project Bully will be releasing their highly anticipated fourth album, Lucky for You on June second. Let's please welcome Alicia Baniano to the podcast. Hello, Ailisha, Hi, did I pronounce that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, cool Alicia.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry you're catching Jonah in such a mood today. But did you take any foreign languages when you were in high school?
Speaker 1: I did, but I was like not a good student. Spanish was very overwhelming for me, though. I wish I would have taken the route like that. You know, some people would go for like Italian sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would have been so cool. I don't think we had that option at our school, but that would have been incredible.
Speaker 3: You could take Chinese at our school, though, and I really that would have been It would have been cool.
Speaker 2: You know Ashley Cameron, who is my friend, she studied it and she I don't know if she studied. She must have studied it at our school and then she went out. Now, she like fully speaks Chinese and she like lived in China.
Speaker 5: I think that's that would be yeah ideal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you was Spanish.
Speaker 3: What was your kind of vibe like in Spanish class where you just this is high school.
Speaker 4: I don't care about my classes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my general vibe in like education from like kindergarten to twelfth grade, which is all of it, was not It was a bumpy road.
Speaker 2: I got it, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I tried my best, but of course it was I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Very overwhelming for me.
Speaker 1: And I also like second guess myself all the time, so it's like yeah, you know, and like you're gonna get called on. It's actually I'm now remembering this, but a few years ago, like right before COVID hit, I did take a community college class for Spanish, like anyone can sign up for them. I did like a ceramic class first, and I was like, oh, that's fine, I'll try Spanish. And it was like round two, I've got this. I'm like, you know a little more pitt together, and I went.
Speaker 5: Through the class and it was like it was it was a disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the same thing all over again, except for I was like, you know, even more nervous when I'm.
Speaker 2: Like a key, you know, you're just yeah, yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: How did ceramics go?
Speaker 1: Ceramics was a disaster, But I mean it was at least fun and it was like I went with one of my friends and yeah, it was good.
Speaker 5: It was like we got to spend a few hours together.
Speaker 1: But it was like I kept I feel like I kind of kept getting worse, and I don't really know how that happened because then I like also followed that class up with private lessons, and it was like every time my teacher would be like, I think you've got this, like I'm gonna step into the other room, I was like, listen, babe, I do not have this.
Speaker 5: Like it was really rough.
Speaker 1: But I'm also left handed, so like anything that is shown to me is the opposite. So it was like I just I'm not like smooth like that, or I'm not like smooth.
Speaker 2: Or patient, you know, like I get it, I get it, You're doing great, you know, but I speaking of smooth. Do you guys remember this is not a great transition, But back to languages, do you remember feeling like it was cooler to take Spanish? To take French.
Speaker 1: I feel like French was cooler because French was like everyone's like, oh, romance, It's like the language of love.
Speaker 2: I feel like when we were in high school, it was so much cooler to take Spanish, but I took French because our dad spoke French, which we talked about our dad a lot on here. But Jonah, did you feel that way at all? Maybe it changed and French became cooler later.
Speaker 3: I don't really remember, like I said, I honestly remember mostly this Latin class, and I remember it basically all being kids who didn't want to take like like a language that still existed. And it was a real, real ragtag group of kids in this Latin class. I remember that like it. And there's a lot of behavioral issues going on.
Speaker 2: Behavior right right right? Was it missus Gobats And people would be so mean to her. I never had her. I just remember her name because all the bad kids would like make fun of her. Not nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was a rough It was a rough scene in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you know, I loved French class so much that I first of all, I just remembered. I have a recurring nightmare that I keep having to go into school late and missing my first pear French class, and then it's like senior year and I'm not in the most advanced class, or I'm either not in the most advanced class or I keep going the other class and I can't keep up. Isn't it absolutely fucked up? But anyway, but I took French class. I was a French major in college. I was also a communications major. Am I using either of them today? Well, I guess we're communicating in time out French? So yes, But I was a French major and I just always took and you just had to take a French class basically every semester, and then if you studied abroad, which I did. I studied in Paris for a semester. I don't know why I'm not I didn't lead with this. I feel like I've got a real anyway. Yeah, you have a lot of I think a lot of French experience. But the best thing about taking French is that we talked about our teacher who would always have us bring in food for extra credit and stuff. But truly, every French class they have you bring in food and make food, and like it's kind of just you get to eat a lot. If you take a French class, like every semester, we would just be eating so much much food and it rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a definite plus. I would be in French if I knew food was like part of.
Speaker 5: The It's center deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, Licia, do you ever have nightmares that you're not in the most advanced class in high school?
Speaker 1: I actually I was definitely not. I was like pulled out. I have really bad ADHD. But I didn't know when I was a kid, so I was just always like being pulled out of class and like helped and stuff. It like didn't click, which is fine because I am like good at other things. But yeah, no, I was never in advanced classes. But I do have nightmares sometimes that I think I'm going to graduate college and then i find out I'm like two credits away and I'm like ready to go, and then yeah, I'm like meeting with counselors and I'm like, what do you mean I have five credits left?
Speaker 5: So I do have. I mean, it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: Similar, it is because it's like that feeling of like I'm not accomplishing the thing. I'm not going to get the degree it's like the stuff that like was probably really stressful for us when we were younger, and now when we're stressed out, we just revert or something when we're dreaming. It's very I know. And also if you think about it, I don't know, it's just it feels so crazy then when you wake up and you're like, at least for me, I'm like college was in high school especially, was such a long time ago. It was like eighty years ago. It's like five hundred million years ago.
Speaker 3: Alisha, do you have anxiety dreams like being a musician now, Like I have these dreams sometimes where like you're playing a big show and you can't find your guitar, you can't find your amp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And in high school too, like when I was serving and in college, I was serving and I would have like dreams that I would be serving and then I wouldn't have any pants on and I.
Speaker 5: Was like panicking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then when I started playing shows, it was like the last one I had like this. It was like everyone was on stage except for me, and I couldn't get my guitar.
Speaker 5: But then I found it, but I forgot like how to walk.
Speaker 1: I was like oh my god, going on stage, and I think I was maybe like half awake, you know, when you're just like kind of conscious but you can't move, And I was like trying to crawl my way up on stage, and then I was kind of just.
Speaker 5: Laying on the floor and I woke up and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: But I think it was like after COVID happened and like the idea of getting going again, it was just like fresh on my mind. But I am like, yes, dreams, nightmares, I've had all of them.
Speaker 5: It's like every night for me, very vivid totally.
Speaker 2: Do you know that I have a dream all the time that I'm just remembering all these dreams as we're talking that you know, I left SNL after seven years, but I have a dream that I keep going back and sort of being like maybe I'll do a writer's night and write some sketches and then like I'm not really turning anything in and then I'm like in one or two sketches and I but so then I've like kind of never left, and I'm like asking my managers like did they pay me for are they paying me for these shows? Because I'm like kind of still and then like I decided to come back and do like another season, but I'm kind of like there all the time, but it's like it's not going as well as the first seven seasons, and I just have so many dreams that I left. But I then I've come back, and now I just sort of come to the shows all the time and see if I can be in any schedule.
Speaker 4: People are asking themselves whyse Vanessa's still here.
Speaker 2: Not that they're asking, but that I'm sort of I wouldn't say being ignored, but I'm being sort of like nobody really cares that I'm there, and I'm just to the point where I'm sort of like I'm here, but I don't even know if I'm getting a paycheck from this.
Speaker 1: But those dreams, I feel like you're it's like you're always back in the moment, but you're like failing, yes, just a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's like they're it's always like.
Speaker 2: That, yes. And the thing of not being able to move your body fast enough, that's a huge one. I've being stuck, yes. And also I have so many dreams that I'm like running late for something and I or a trip and I have to pack, and I have so much stuff to pack and then I'm gonna miss my trip.
Speaker 5: God should that makes so stressful?
Speaker 2: So stressful, But also we're all doing great? Is that at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to say that.
Speaker 1: It would be cool to, like ever in our lives experience having a dream where we're actually like doing well, like you never like you're never like in the dream like God, it was killing it. It's always like I was just barely making it. Does anybody care about me?
Speaker 2: I remember I had a dream once that I still remember kind of. We got to go to Tina Fey's apartment. This was before I was on SNL, this was years before it, and it was so cool and I was like, I guess I'm friends with Tina fe And then I woke up and I was so sad that I wasn't friends with that.
Speaker 3: That's a problem with having a good dream, is like you dream you of this go Car and then you wake up and you're like, I can't wait to write my go Car, and then you remember that you don't have it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jonah has heard me talk.
Speaker 2: I mean all of our podcast listeners have heard me talk a million times about dream When I was a kid where I could jump down our stairs in our house from the top to the bottom. And then one time I woke up and tried to do it, and it was basically mathematically impossible because from in terms of the arc.
Speaker 4: That was gravity. Physics.
Speaker 2: Yeah physically, yeah, yeah, physically and in a physics way impossible because I wouldn't have been able to get the height unless I hovered above each stair at like two inches, which we've talked about. But anyways, I remember standing at the top of the stairs and being like, wait, I never really did this, and it was devastated.
Speaker 5: That's tough. That is tough. Alicia.
Speaker 3: When did you start sort of playing guitar, because for me, I was also not as into schools. Vanessa was very into playing guitar. Were you sort of was that something you were into like when you're in high school as well.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't really start playing electric guitar until I was like in college. I remember at one point in high school like saved up my money and got like some like starter acoustic guitar. But for me that was like way more difficult an electric guitar, and I feel like once I got electric guitar, it was actually.
Speaker 5: My roommates and then.
Speaker 1: Some like I got like a distortion pedal and a reverb and I was like, oh, everything just like changed for me. I was like, oh, I'm I can pretend to like kind of be good. And then I just like kept playing. But yeah, those like acoustic and electric guitar, my experiences with them are like so different. And now I can pick up an acoustic and it's no problem, but as far as like learning on it, it was just so frustrating.
Speaker 3: I remember I got my first guitar when I was maybe like fifteen, and I got one of this little practice amp. This company, Gorilla made this like practice amp and it was yellow, and I remember when they stold to me, They're like, don't use the distortion because that makes it easier to play, and it's and I was they were like, you want to learn to play cleate and like literally like the second you get home, You're like, I'm just gonna turn the stortion up all the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean that. Yeah, And honestly I used distortion in almost every song, so yeah, yeah, to their point, I don't know about that, you know.
Speaker 2: Now, can I ask you both something that I just that I just thought of as guitar players. When you see people playing guitar in TV shows or movies and they're very clearly faking it, well, I guess it's a two part question. The first part is does that happen a lot where they actually do a bad job of making the person Like? Do you notice that a lot where the person isn't doing a good job of you can clearly tell the person can't really play guitar. And second of all, does it anger you in any way or do you just go that's life?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: This is also reminded me of your Guys' theme song, and every time it comes on, I'm like, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Just lay it on me.
Speaker 2: That's Jonah Yeah, some serious rops.
Speaker 5: Nice, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was and our producer Doug, we worked on that. He did the drums in the back and tracks, and then I put down that lead.
Speaker 5: It's so funny. I'm really proud of that bend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really very Bevhills nine O two. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the drama is like all there, You're just like, yes, let's.
Speaker 5: Go, let's I've no.
Speaker 1: I feel like whenever I watch movies or TV stuff with bands, it's usually like so insufferable, just like, really it's so hard to get it right and like realistic that I'm usually always like but like I like it, but I'm like creating so hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my perception is that it's gotten better recently with that kind of stuff because people with the Internet, maybe people are more critical because I feel like when we were kids, people would just be kind of playing whatever. And now I think I read something about that Queen movie where the actor actually learned how to play piano for the movie. Like I think now it's almost like part of it is doing it because so many people will come out on the Internet and say stuff like I think it's much more accurate today.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh that's good to know the Yeah, it's interesting you mentioned the piano because that's the only one as someone who played piano for a few years when we were younger, but also just understands how a piano works, which is more clear than like a guitar because it's just pressing down the you know, yeah, it is. I always I'm interested when they have people playing piano in TV and movies and how are they going to show it? And if you know, the person's not usually it's someone who's really.
Speaker 3: Good, pretty impressive in that movie. Did you did either? You see that the Queen movie?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: There's a scene where I can't remember the guy's name, but he's like lying on the floor kind of playing the piano above him, and he's playing it accurately.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I kind of feel like they maybe make a point to try and figure that out or get a good double because I remember I like did this thing where I wrote some songs for this movie that Elizabeth Moss was supposed to play them in, and I sent her like actual videos of my hands and she had a guitar teacher teach it to her, and that was like even a smaller kind of like yeah film. Yeah, So I feel like if they're doing it on like that level, then if if it's like a massive movie about music, I could see them being like, you need to be able to pull this off.
Speaker 2: Well, should we take a quick commercial break and we'll be right back with Alicia aka Bully.
Speaker 4: And we're back.
Speaker 3: So, Alicia, I wanted to ask really quick before you get into our topic, which is incredible. I read that you interned at Electrical Audio. Is that true?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yeah, h How was it? It was really good.
Speaker 1: I mean I think I like learned more in those three months than I did throughout all of college.
Speaker 5: Studying audio engineering.
Speaker 1: But I just got along with everybody there really well. And they kind of just gave me the keys and were like, you can if no one's using a studio, you can, Like they had practice reels of tape that you could work on. And then I went back and I actually ended up tracking the first two records there and doing it all on tape and like mixing it there too. But so it ended up being like a part of my life for a while. But it was really incredible.
Speaker 3: Did you get to use any I know, they make those guitars and stuff, Did you get to use any of that type of gear?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I messed around with it, but I was more so just like kind of you know, assisting and kind of just being there whenever people would need me to move stuff around or get things plugged up or whatever. But I basically would just sit back and then take notes on everything and all my questions. And I actually had a camera and I would take pictures of mic placement and stuff, and I still have them in a photo book. To like reference because I actually got to be there when they were doing an orchestra, which is like a dream if you're studying engineering, because there's like every different, you know, musical instrument that you get to see being miked. And then when the session would be over, I would like ask all my questions and stuff. But I didn't really like sit down and mess with like the guitars and pedals.
Speaker 5: But I did. I did pick them up a few times.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, Well. People might not know about me, is that you know. I went to school. I major in television, radio and audio production. So my original plan was to kind of be an engineer. I didn't know that, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: That you're my brother, and I didn't know that that's absolutely messing. Yeah, sorry, I'll let you talk to me.
Speaker 3: So so yeah, so I took out two classes and I had this sort of realization when I was I guess in my early t I guess when I was in school. I changed to a writing major because I was like, I don't like a lot of these bands I'm recording, and if this is my job, I'm going to have to record all these jam bands and all that stuff I don't like. Yeah, and I was that for me was enough to be like, I don't think I want to do this. Yeah, was that ever a concern of yours? I mean that also seems a little immature, but yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I wouldn't mix something that I didn't like. But I guess I'm also fortunate that I kind of have the choice to not do that. But if you're going specifically for that, you're going to have to do that. But yeah, school for me was just I didn't like the engineering course at Art thing because everything was on pro tools, and like pro tools is if you see it and you see the transport of it, it's like fully mimics a tape machine. But for some reason, we weren't learning on the tape machine. So once I got around a tape machine, everything just like made a lot more sense versus pro Tools, which was kind of like, oh, if it stops working, restart your computer and you're just like, oh, I feel like I have no control. But yeah, I mean I definitely if I would have just stuck with engineering, I kind of did engineering so that I would have no excuse to not start like playing music and be able to record my own stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's smart. That's smart.
Speaker 3: I was there right the change over from analyt to digital, so we were just starting pro tools. We still had to splice tapes with exact o nice and yo, so.
Speaker 5: Fun, so fun.
Speaker 1: I love that marking, like the spot erasing and you're marking it and you're like slowly moving it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I so fun.
Speaker 2: Wow, Andessa, what do you think I think? I uh, I think I'm not following. That sounds very very cool. Well, speaking of very cool things.
Speaker 3: Today's topic, at least, you said us so many great topics, and the one we decided on was belly button rings otherwise known as naval piercings. Yes, yes, and yeah. What was it about this topic that that kind of brought to mind for you? How do you kind of look back on this.
Speaker 1: I remember getting my navel ring when I was like thirteen, and I just maybe I was thinking about it because I think it's kind of coming back, which made.
Speaker 2: It we Yes, we were reading some research about it. It's absolutely coming back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's pretty rough.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if we need to go back there, but yeah, I just remember it being such like a staple. It was like so and So's got their belly button piers. But really it's like, if you think about it, like pretty.
Speaker 2: Gross, right right?
Speaker 5: Total? Like why why was that? It's just like a specific area.
Speaker 4: So at thirteen, are you you have to have a parent bring you or did you have to?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, what was that process?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I think that either my dad took my friend and I or my friend's dad took my friend and I.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I was in high school and middle school, piercings were like really big, Like I remember the cartilage piers being a thing. Yeah, I had like an industrial bar at one point that I like permanently have a scar from not taking care of properly. Like, but yeah, thirteen, the belly button rings were really.
Speaker 2: What year if you don't mind my asking, because what year were you thirteen in?
Speaker 5: I'm thirty three. I'm thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you're like ten years younger than us. So I feel like we were at the age that like we were sort of old enough to go on our own and get them and could just absolutely go nuts and get the most stupid piercings.
Speaker 5: Yeah I got.
Speaker 3: I got my tongue pierced on my eighteenth birthday, So then, and then I tried to hide it from my parents and my.
Speaker 2: And it just wasn't talking.
Speaker 4: I just wasn't talking at dinner. My tongue was completely swollen.
Speaker 2: But also I was always the much bigger talker, so no one really thought that was that out of the ordinary. Like he was there, he was eating dinner, so it was like, you know, we're all took a long time. But then didn't you say you were just like sneaking a bunch of ice cubes from the kitchen.
Speaker 3: But I remember it, yeah, because I didn't really do a lot of research on it, and so yeah, I didn't realize my tongue would be so swollen for like two days and it would Yeah, it hurt for sure.
Speaker 2: I got my tragis pierced right around my eighteenth birthday, because I guess it wasn't my eighteenth birthday, but it was right before I went to college and I was eighteen, And I remember sleeping in my dorm room the first night and having like the salt on my ear, like to so that it wouldn't get infected or whatever, like the bad does your tragis? Your tragis is yeah, exactly, Okay, And you know I still have it pierced, and at different times I would take it out, especially when I was on SNL because especially when I would play like the bar MIT's footboy and.
Speaker 5: Stuff, it was like a little tupunk for that character.
Speaker 2: But I have it back in now. Whenever people see it, their first question is did that hurt so much? Because I think it looks like it hurts the most because it's like the hardest part of cartilage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's it.
Speaker 2: It's pretty thick, But it only hurts for a second. It hurts when they're closing because I have like a loop thing in there. It hurts when they're closing in and putting that little ball in or whatever so that it stays closed. But and by loop, I mean who, So.
Speaker 3: Alicia, did a lot of your friends have belly button rings during this era? Was it like what kind of put it on your radar?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I think it was just like me and my other friend. I don't know what put it on. I mean probably like MTV put it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I was gonna say, Jonah found there's a piece of pop culture, and I wonder if you can guess what it is that really put belly button piercing's on the mat.
Speaker 5: Christina Aguilera, Well that's one.
Speaker 4: There's a bunch, there's a bunch, I guess, you know.
Speaker 3: According to Wikipedia, at first hit the mainstream when model Christy Turlington revealed her naval piercing at a fashion show in London in nineteen ninety three, which who could forget that?
Speaker 2: Who could forget that? But the popularization of.
Speaker 3: It was a nineteen ninety three Aerosmith's music video for Crying where Alicia Silverstone gets her.
Speaker 5: Naval piers video.
Speaker 2: Remember, she gets it pierced on in the music video. She gets it pierced and then We've talked about this music video before, and I've said that I always thought that when she goes bungee jumping at the end of the video, her name piercing is somehow involved. It's not, but my friend Rachel told me she also thought that, So I'm not crazy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's a scene where she gets a pierced and I guess that was sort of like a mainstream moment where everyone was like, well, Licia's stillson's gained down this arasth video.
Speaker 5: I should just do this.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was I feel like it was like I related, it seemed like so angsty at the time, but yeah, that was just like my relationship with it. But that's kind of like how I felt like. It was like I'm so complicated, I've got my belly button here, and.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting what goes from edgy to sort of more like new metal.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like, like eyebrow piercings used to be we're also around that era cool, but those haven't come back in the same way.
Speaker 4: But I do think like they kind of seemed new metal to me in a way.
Speaker 2: I brought piercing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But then what about stuff that because to me, like if.
Speaker 3: You're in a band called like Sewage or something, you can I got it. Okay, that's okay to me.
Speaker 2: Belly button piercings went from being sort of cool and like edgy to sort of the thing that I would compare them to.
Speaker 5: And this is no burn.
Speaker 2: To anyone who has one of these is like a butterfly on your lower back. Like that used to be so cool because it was like, you know, you have like this little tattoo and you're actually kind of edgy, Whereas now if you see someone with a butterfly tattoo on their lower back. It's like not considered edgy.
Speaker 1: At all, right, right, it's yeah, definitely not no, that is Yeah, that's quite a sight. Yeah, no, because then I feel like it was in like I mean, they were just the belly button rings were just everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they almost got like.
Speaker 1: Pop kind of like kind of like yeah, from edgy to like very mainstream pop almost.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then you could get like little charms coming off of them. Remember that would be people would have such elaborate I don't know, people would treat them sort of like earrings, like and they had like little rhinestones and stuff.
Speaker 5: Like that, like a little fairy, like a little heart.
Speaker 2: A little fairy, a little heart.
Speaker 5: I mean, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And it was yet still considered edgy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I found an article in in Style magazine recently that says gen Z wants belly button rings to be a thing again, talks about how they're big on TikTok. Just Piercer says they've been doing more than ever because celebrities like Billie Eilish and Normani have them. Yeah, it's it's apparently coming back with gen Z.
Speaker 2: You know, I will say this. The thing that about piercings in general is they are a good way to sort of change something up and try and be a little edgy because unless you're stretching or doing something like pretty extreme, you can just take them out and it's sort of a nice whereas like tattoos and other stuff like, you are committed. So I just think, particularly butterfly tattoos on your lower back, you know that that's I guess My point is.
Speaker 5: I guess that's not going anywhere. You dive in, and that's you're committment.
Speaker 2: You're committed.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I used to it in trouble, my like kind of like middle Finger would be I would sit in my bathroom and I would pierce.
Speaker 5: My own ears.
Speaker 1: I do like the ice cube in the needle with the apple in the back, and I would be like, well, if I'm grounded, I guess my ears are going to be.
Speaker 5: Pierced for the fourth time. And I just had like four piercings up each ear.
Speaker 1: But like, the thing that's weird about belly button rings is like it's such a small piece of skin.
Speaker 5: It's like such a small piece of skin, but the bar is like so thick.
Speaker 2: Right, Do you remember feeling like it was heavy or do not feel it?
Speaker 1: I just remember thinking like, this is a pretty thin layer of skin over this, like bah, like yes, I feel like there's no way that it could have been flattering in any way.
Speaker 5: It may have just been like huh, that doesn't really look like that was supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like it's so cool to like show your mid drift and you're like, look at me in this cool short top and I'm absolutely rocking it. Yeah, that's my impression of that person. And then it's like an and I have a piercing here too, so it's like, look at my stomach, it looks rad or something.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I think worse things could come back from the nineties. Yeah, it's not What do you think.
Speaker 2: Would be the worst thing? Jonah? Probably.
Speaker 3: I mean my mind went to, like, all of a sudden, kids are smoking Marlboro reds or something, right, but right, you know that could come back and they're smoking them indoors at Denny's like all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Obviously the way worse than.
Speaker 2: So many such a set of circumstances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, honestly, if I came back, I'd be like no, I mean again, I don't know better than a butterfly tattoo.
Speaker 5: No shave on butterfly tattoos.
Speaker 4: But but how do you feel about gen Z bringing back the belly button ring?
Speaker 5: What are your thoughts on it? I mean, I just I guess just like live your life however you want.
Speaker 1: Sure, I feel like to Vanessa's point, it is nice that it is something you can just take out, but like piercings have, at least in my experience, they're never worth the effort of like them.
Speaker 2: Up keep yes, totally because if they get infected, it's such a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the like idea of keeping your infected piercing like it looks like it's like you can see that it's infected, but you're like too proud to take it out. It's just like this is it's such a weird thing to be like, look at this thing. But also mine is like swollen in my kind of pussy, but I totally used to take it out. It's like why did I Why did I do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why did I do this?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I have a question for both of you. I'm calling this a nineties challenge question. Okay, if you had to walk around for an entire day in public with either a exposed naval piercing or a co ed naked T shirt. Remember those T shirts? Yeah, oh yeah, we would you pick naval piercing for me? Is yeah, I was strutting it. I was, you know, same, but today you'd have to do it probably that same Jonah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to think of like a situation where my navel exposed just walking around in public. But I will say I would go with that over I feel like it would be Yeah, I don't think I could wear the shirt.
Speaker 5: I think that would be.
Speaker 2: The shirt that to me was like, that would be the worst thing that would come back from the nineties, where's this T shirt?
Speaker 3: There was this weird almost like jock kind of like sports shirts that were also like weirdly misspatching this at the same time, but we're super you would.
Speaker 2: Get those sporting good stores is where you would buy those T shirts. It's so weird. Yeah, wasn't that weird that that was such a thing. Cod naked T shirts?
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, you don't see them anymore. You don't see them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, now that I've silenced everyone, it's time to go to a commercial break, but we'll be right fast.
Speaker 4: All right, Now, we'd like to play a game with you.
Speaker 3: We call Back to the Present, Jordan Vanessa, We've got to go back to the present.
Speaker 2: This game kind of goes seamlessly from what we were just talking about, but so basically back to the present. The name of the game is a take on the nostalgic Back to the Future franchise, so just kind of want to get credit for that. And in this segment we say something from our childhood that we wish would come back. So to give you a little time to think about something, we'll say ours first. But it can be a snack, it can be a toy, it can be a game, it can be a TV show, it can be anything that you would want to bring back from your childhood. Jonah, would you like to go first?
Speaker 3: Sure, So, I don't know if you'll remember this, but what I would like to bring back is the Carvin guitar mail order catalog.
Speaker 5: Do you familiar with this?
Speaker 3: So no, yeah, this might have been I remember, do you remember in the nineties there was this company Carvin which is now I guess called Kaiser Guitars, and all of the guitars they made were custom and they had like basically a mail order catalog where you could look at all the guitars. And I would look at this catalog just for hours, and they had all those kind of like flamed finishes and very kind of like gaudy. I would just look at this carving catalog over and over. And I guess they close their California factory in twenty seventeen, but they relaunched in twenty eighteen. Now it's called Kaisl and I guess they still build electric acoustic MIDI synth guitars and basses.
Speaker 5: And what's so weird is that I really want this to come back. But as an adult, I get so many catalogs in the mail.
Speaker 3: Me and my wife let any mattress like organic mattress company, or like clothing or shoes, any product. We get the catalogs, and I hate getting them and I recycle them. But if I got a guitar catalog, like a carving catalog, I would be totally into it. So I don't like getting catalogs, but I really would like to still get this catalog, even though probably wouldn't buy anything from it.
Speaker 2: And do you think it's because like when you were a kid, you sort of dream about what custom catalog A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I didn't have any money and I wasn't actually able to buy the stuff in there, but it was fun to kind of look at all, you know, pick stuff out. And same with the Musician's Friend catalog. Yeah, that was a big one, and you know you just go through it and just circle all the stuff you wanted. Once you're an adult, well I think that's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be cool, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Do either you get a lot of catalogs? Is that just a pervasive thing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I never get catalog really. I was surprised to hear you say that. You guys get it.
Speaker 2: Do you get a lot?
Speaker 4: You get a lot?
Speaker 3: I think sometimes if I buy something, I get on some mailing list or like I said, me and my wife and it's just only happened maybe like a year or so ago, and now we just get catalogs every day, so many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you know I loved catalogs when I was a kid. I don't know if I remember that. I ordered so many of our house and my friends and I would call in different voices and act like we were adults with different accents and order catalogs to other people's houses and ours?
Speaker 4: Have you been doing that to us?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 2: Get ready for it. You know, it's so funny that I used to do, which is like so stupid. I just had a memory of it when you asked me that I used to order catalogs. First of all, as I said, I would talk in an accent, and I would think that I was really getting one over on the catalog but would be I'd say, I remember calling this one jewelry cataloging and saying, now I heard that your catalog's just the best thing since sloss bread. I remember doing that from Julie Hill's house, and I remember the woman laughing and me being like, oh my god, she thinks I'm this this like woman with this funny accent. But I'm sure she was laughing. She was like a little kid is calling me.
Speaker 5: In a Southern accent.
Speaker 2: And I remember saying, your catalog's the best thing since sloss bread.
Speaker 4: And I remember, my what since what kind of bread?
Speaker 2: Slashed floss bread?
Speaker 1: Even like a like a pizza hut or like ordering pizza phone call, it's an accent is gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I gotta do an accent. But anyways, the other thing I used to do is sort of prank our family because I would order catalogs. This is so stupid, but I would order them to like Maurice Speyer or like or like Timothy Bayer. Like I would just order. So I remember, like I just had like this memory of looking at our counter and there was like a catalog to like Maurice Speyer or something, and just being like, oh man, I really got us.
Speaker 4: That's like my Jean Claude moment in French class. You really like you're getting one over in the world.
Speaker 2: And really the joke's on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that'sh your family.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I was going to do a different one, but because you did a catalog, I was so inspired. Jonah. Sure the catalog that I wish would come back that I think actually still exists but maybe is more popular now is a website than a catalog. Is the Delias Catalog. Alicia. Were you into the Delias Catalog at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we're talking the hippest, coolest clothing for girls and teens. I remember they had the They were just like very kind of like sort of alternative clothing but just really cool. So a big thing was the postal pants that had a stripe down the side. Oh that was absolutely cool. Another thing was I feel like they had a lot of platform shoes, cool sweaters, just sort of like a little bit not grunge, but almost sort of off center kind of stuff that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like they really knew how to use a flower print. I feel like it was like just a bunch of little flowers, but in like a kind of edgy way.
Speaker 2: It was kind of skatery, Yeah it was. Yeah, it was kind of skatery but sort of feminine. So I just remember thinking, I remember my friend Kitty's sister Anne Ann, who's in your grade Jonah, had the Postal pants, and I remember being like, well, I guess this is officially the coolest person in the world. I wonder if they still sell the postal pants. I'm actually gonna look it up.
Speaker 1: They would have like a silver reflective stripe yea the middle exactly.
Speaker 2: It was like, these are postal pants, but they're a little more gla and cool for a fun team to wear. But I remember like having that catalog and circling stuff in it. That was a big thing.
Speaker 3: With me.
Speaker 2: I've brought up before, is like I love to go through catalogs and circle all the stuff I'm going to buy and then end up generally not getting any of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because, and.
Speaker 4: You've also talked about it.
Speaker 3: You'd pick out stuff you wanted to buy as an adult, but want to buy it as a kid, so you had it in your closet.
Speaker 2: When we did the episode where we were talking about the Guns N' Roses video trilogy, I'd said it made me think about Stephanie Seymour, who was married to Exel Rosen and a lot of those videos, who was a model. A lot in the Victoria's Secret Catalog can be. When we used to get this Victoria's Secret Catalog, and I love the clothes in it. I thought the clothes in it were absolutely perfect for some of them were more loungewar, like sweatshirts and stretch pants, but then some of them were like skirt suits and stuff, and I remember thinking, oh, God, like this will be perfect for when I'm an adult and I'm a businesswoman and I have to I'm so stressed out because I want to buy the stuff now, but I don't know exactly what size all be in twenty years. So it's just and I remember having like a real crisis of conscience of like, Okay, I can buy the stuff now, but maybe it'll still be in the catalog in twenty years. And I don't know exactly what my job's going to be, and I don't know exactly what color I want to get it in twenty years from now. So it was just really really stressful. But yeah, the clothes in Victoria's Secret, I thought this is the perfect thing to where if you're a business woman going you're a big corporate job. Oh my gosh, So Alicia, what would you bring back if you could bring back anything, it does not have to be a catalog. I know we made it seem like it does well.
Speaker 1: I mean I could stay like on the topic of books, I feel like, yes, well it never really worked the way that I like planned for it too. But do you remember those like at grade clips, those haircut books that you could look through and then you would.
Speaker 5: Be like, y, that's a haircut I want?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I would maybe bring those back, Like I said, like, I never really had much success with them. I remember one time I was like I got dropped off at Great clips. I think I was like maybe eleven, and I like picked out this cut, and I feel like whenever I pick up stuff like that, I always like think that somehow I'm gonna look like that person, Like I'm gonna be like, yeah, maybe I'll be like a step closer to that model.
Speaker 5: But it's like, yeah, that's just not my face. But it's hard to separate the two.
Speaker 1: And I remember like picking out this cut and like every time I go in like being like this is it, Like this is my moment, Like I'm gonna change.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be a really good look for me.
Speaker 1: And she gave me the cut and I like looked in the mirror and I started like tearing up, and she was like.
Speaker 5: How how is it? And I was like it's so good, Like it's so great.
Speaker 1: And then I walked outside and I got on the car and I was crying and I was like, it look like a dog. And my dad was like, what are you talking about. It's fine. And then I got home and one of my sisters looked at me and she goes, you look like a dog.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, isn't it funny how when you're a kid it's so hard to stand up and tell people what I remember youon'a shopping with Mom for the suit. I was gonna work to hear barmitz fa. I just had a memory of this, and I remember this whole We went to this kind of little boutiqui store that this woman owned, and I remember like trying this whole suit on and they were like it looks great, and Mom was like, yeah, it looks great, and the woman was like it's wonderful. And I was like uh huh huh. And then the moment we got we got in the car, I was like, I hate it.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm like still like that when I get here.
Speaker 2: I it's like you don't want to disrespect an adult or the person who like whose work it is or whatever whose store it is. And I just remember being like, yeah, this is really great. Or even at department stores, like with them, we had a real journey finding my suit for your Barmit's pajonah my skirt suit. But I remember being at like Higbee's before it was Dillard's and trying on stuff and the salesperson being like that looks great, and then the moment she would like close the thing and I was just with Mom, I'd be like, I hate it, whereas now I can at least say to salespeople like, yeah, I don't think it's for me, you know, And I don't think I'm gonna like hurt their feelings because it's also they didn't make it.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's kind of similar. Sometimes.
Speaker 1: It's even like that when you go out to eat and the waiters like really pushing something and oh my god, I had to get worse and then you're like.
Speaker 5: What fuck, And then you're like order and you're like, yeah, want that. I just I couldn't say no to you.
Speaker 3: I always feel weird when they really recommend something strong and then I don't want it and I don't order it. But then I'm like, should I acknowledge that, like this sounds fine but not for me, or like, because it seems weird when they're like this thing's so great and then they come to like what do you want? I'm like not that, yeah, like it seems like insulting.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had an experience once and I won't never forget it, and I've talked to him about it recently. But I had an experience with dad where one time we went to lunch in like Mayfield Heights and we went to this sort of nice lunch place. I think it was called like the Bellflower or something.
Speaker 5: That's not what it was, but it was anyway, sounds fancy.
Speaker 2: It was fancy, and we were getting lunch and I had a book with me because I think I was in high school and I was reading some book and the server she was so nice, like she was like, what would you guys like well, and she was like, what's that book? I'm going to borrow that and she was like just giving us and then we were sort of asking her. She was like what should we get and she said something's a salad or a vegeberg or something was like really good, and we were like okay, and then she walked away. And then when we came, she might have literally taken the book and was like I'm going to take a look at this or whatever. And she came back for us to order, and we didn't order whatever she had recommended, and she turned on us, like she truly did the thing that you're always scared that someone's going to do, where she was like okay, and then we were like ordering or again and she's like yeah, great, and then she was mean to us for the rest of the lunch. And it seems like I made it up because that's like such an irrational fear that you have at restaurants that you're going to offend the server. But she really and I'll never forget it because I was like, this is crazy, Like this woman is that mad that we're not ordering the things she recommended? Like why would she care? So anyway, at.
Speaker 4: Leasta, did you say you worked as a server? Yeah, what do you think is going on?
Speaker 3: Do you think the manager's like just push these, we got to get rid of these, or do you what do you think is the situation there?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think maybe she was like having a bad day.
Speaker 2: Sure, but she started out so pleasant, she started out great.
Speaker 1: I should rephrase that. I don't think she was having a bad day. I think maybe she was taking a few things out on you guys. That maybe right right right, I hear you. She was very sensitive that day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I was in high school, I mean, I've worked a ton of restaurants, but I started as like a host and then busboy, and then eventually was a server and a couple of my friends had the job and I had like no idea how any of us got it, because it was like kind of fancy, like we were supposed to be like pairing steaks with wine, but we were like seventeen and like I didn't even fully understand steak temperature. So we were just kind of like going around that restaurant just like bullshitting everybody, Like I would do a cabernet with like the fried mozzarella, like it's going to really bring up the flavors. And I feel like we got away with that, and so I kind of feel like this woman was maybe just taking things a little too far, like yeah, you know right, it was just.
Speaker 5: That seems like a bit much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it definitely was, to the point that I still remember it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so Dad was on board with this. This wasn't just your person.
Speaker 2: So we've talked about it recently and I was like, do you remember this and he was like, yeah, I kind of do. Yeah, it just because she was so like sort of effusive and so sweet and wanted to know what I was reading and was just like so all in on us when we got there, and then the moment we didn't order what she recommended, it was like a one eighty.
Speaker 5: She's like, I've never forgotten that either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just like very messed up.
Speaker 1: So I could see like feeling so much shame and guilt for that for like months after that experience as a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think because I was a teenager, I was like old enough to be like this woman, something's wrong with her today, you know, like she's but yeah, but also just to go back to what you were saying, we used to go get our God, I can't remember the name of it, but my mom and I used to get our haircut at the mall, I think at Beechwood Place, at this place called like John Mitchell. But even those kinds of salons that were like all over Cleveland and maybe still are that are called like.
Speaker 3: I remember that place and everyone who worked their head toward black right right, yes, And it was like that was like super trendy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, correct, totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like everyone's there. And then I remember, I've won't Paul Mitchell.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't Paul Mitchell. That's the name, but that's a good nineties well me, it's maybe still around.
Speaker 5: Right, I remember.
Speaker 3: And this is so ironic because I don't have a ton of hair now, But I remember this bald guy getting his haircut there and me being like, why is this guy getting his haircut right right? Like I didn't understand the hair were grown different spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so now I get it. It was the place right when you entered Beechwood Place. It was there. But they also had those books. It's like I feel like even a fancy salon would have books that were of people, Like they were like a huge book that was in black and white. All the images were mostly in black and white, and it was just all these I guess hair models who were just like I don't know, well.
Speaker 4: They do it still.
Speaker 3: Like if you're in Brooklyn or something, you go buy a barber shop, they'll have different styles, you know, like a big well like they'll have like a like a sandwich board thing.
Speaker 2: These were like coffee table books styles, but that now I think in a fancy salon they'd have more of a like maybe wouldn't have that, but maybe they would do.
Speaker 5: You remember like that phase where I feel like people were.
Speaker 1: Promoting I don't know if it was like a Veda, but people would be going to school and it would be like you could get a haircut by someone who was learning.
Speaker 5: That was like, yes, what you thought the price of like a cheap haircup.
Speaker 1: It was like you're like, oh, this is so fancy because I'm going into a Veda to get this done.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was a huge thing when I lived in Chicago because I was like we were all like improvisers and we weren't making any money. It was like, you can get a massage by someone who is just learning to do it, so it's like super cheap, or like a haircut or something, and then you're like, Wow, I'm getting an absolute deal because this person is using the finest products. Yeah, and they know what they're doing, but because they're not like fully licensed yet, they can't charge as much.
Speaker 4: I used to do that with a dentist when I lived in New York.
Speaker 5: I would go to.
Speaker 3: This NYU dental program and you could get tental work done by like people learning how to do it. And I would go there as like my dentist, I remember, and I get my X rays and it was like these kids, oh and they kind of have a supervisor. And looking back, I'm like I can't believe I did that.
Speaker 5: No, not with the dentist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta. You gotta kind of prioritize some things.
Speaker 1: And my brother and sisters and I when we got braces when we were really young. We moved like six months after and had to see a different dentist and he was like, this.
Speaker 5: Job is a no go. We need to take they'd had to take off all the braces and redo them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, yeah, when it comes to dentist, gotta yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, I feel like a massage is like a lot less risky, like I always feel like with a haircut and something like that, You're like, yeah, they can kind of roll.
Speaker 5: The dice with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was just I don't know how I figured it out, but uh yeah, I definitely got that was like my main dentist when I was in New York, I think for a long time, and I helped a lot of students learn how to work on teeth, you know.
Speaker 2: So I guess it's better than nothing. Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: Did you know that Finessa to ever tell you that?
Speaker 2: No, And I'm glad he didn't. If you had told me, I would have said, stopped doing this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 2: God, he didn't. Well, this was so much fun. Alicia, thank you so much for doing this. Now where can people find you? Well, let's promote the album. Let's get let's get into it for the fans and friends alike.
Speaker 1: I think everything is Bully the music and a TikTok that I have that I always forget that I have. I've only done a couple posts up, so that's not really necessary, but I think that one is Bully the music music because great, great, the.
Speaker 5: Music was taken. I'm pretty sure that's it for most of the handles. Great.
Speaker 2: Great, and your album comes.
Speaker 5: Out June second.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, very exciting. And this has been great. This has been so much fun. Thank you so much for doing this. Thank you to everyone listening. Be sure to check out Alicia's new album. You will know Alicia is Bully Okay when you get the album, because that's lucky for you when it comes out in June second. If you enjoyed that, please subscribe to the podcast and keep an eye out for next week's episode of How Did We Get Weird? But we will discuss more stories from our childhood and cultural touchstones like belly button rings.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much, thank you. Thanks chat before a pain as the huron