Speaker 1: There are a lot of you that have had a lot of questions that you have been asking about the indictment of Donald Trump and what it means moving forward. The Justice Department prosecutors we know have brought thirty seven felony counts against Donald Trump in this indictment, relying upon photographs from mar Lago, surveillance, video, text messages between staffers, Trump's own words, those of his lawyers, and quote other evidence. I want to talk about these charges, but first I want to answer one of the big questions that you guys have been asking me on social media and if you're not following me on social media Ben Ferguson podcast on Instagram, which I'm shocked. Hell, you guys are on Instagram, so it's great. A lot of you have found me there. Ben Ferguson Podcasts on Twitter, Ben Ferguson's show on facebooking putting Ben Ferguson, You'll find us there as well. I'm one of the main questions that's been asked to me, is is it possible that Donald Trump could actually be in a jury trial as a defendant while running for president. The answer is absolutely yes, one thousand percent yes. It is incredible the possibilities. It's shocking. So I'm going to walk through those. This prosecutor has said and said in his press conference that he wanted there to be a speedy and he was requesting a speedy trial. Let me explain to you why I believe they want it. They want that speedy trial because they want Donald Trump to be in a courtroom and they want it to be on TV. And they want the president of United States of America to look like he is having to protect himself, that he is a defendant, that he is a criminal, and they want to take him off the election campaign cycle. Now, I want you to think about how big of an advantage it would be for his opponent, Joe Biden, if he's not out there campaigning. Very much like COVID sideline sideline Donald Trump. Remember, COVID cut down the number of debates and also changed the way that he was able to run for president. COVID cut the knees out of the most important thing that Donald Trump has. That is him on a stage with his supporters flying around on Trump One. That's what he's doing right now. And what I think this indictment is all about is trying to hurry up to a trial, and if you can hurry up and get to that trial, it would be like oj Simpson, no doubt about it. The trial would actually not deal with a campaign, right because the indictment has nothing to do with that. So it would be very tough at the same time for the President of the United States of America Foreign Presidentald Trump to be campaigning because that's not what it would be about. That would be a massive advantage for Joe Biden. I also think anytime someone's in a trial, it doesn't put them in the best light, right because they're being accused by the government, and there is audio and video that will come out of that entire scenario that is not going to make Donald Trump look good. It's going to be a campaign donation in essence from the Justice Department to the Joe Biden campaign. Joe Biden would also have a huge advantage while he is doing his limited campaigning. He can talk about how Donald Trump, my opponent today is still stuck in court dot dot dot, my opponent who's on you know, right now, on trial for dot dot dot. These are the things that are going to be said. These are the things that are going to be talked about on the campaign trail. That is going to be much tougher for Donald Trump to overcome that if this is how it plays out. Now, if you also look at what this means for a primary, I think it changes the primary race. In fact, I actually think that it hurts every other cant but Donald Trump in the primaries because it's very tough to get people to rally behind you, rally around you. When people are looking at the persecution and the prosecution of Donald Trump, there's a new pullout. Eighty percent of likely GOP voters saint Trump should still be able to be president if convicted, and he would be by the way, he would still be eligible. That's what the law says. In fact, you can be president technically from jail. That is one of the reasons why I think this is bad news for every other Republican running. Now, let's dive into these counts so that you also understand what he's been charged with. There's thirty one counts of willful retention of national defense information under the Espionage Act. That's the majority of the counts that are against Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump.
Speaker 1: Each count pertains to a specific classified document found at mar Lago Mark's secret.
Speaker 2: Or top secret.
Speaker 1: That's the case in essence, same type of documents, by the way, that were being held by the Vice President Mike Pence, who's running. Remember, he found classified documents in his possession, but they didn't charge him with crimes because he was quote working with them. They said Joe Biden had classified documents dating back to his time in the Senate. That's thirty years ago to forty years ago. Now there's a special prosecutor involved in that, to be clear, But what I can tell you is it's also very clear that they are not worried about being indicted. They are claiming they are quote cooperating and giving back the documents, so everything should be fine for them. Is there a double standard, No doubt about it. That'll be part of the defense that Donald Trump uses that just so you know. Other charges against Donald Trump include conspiracy to obstruct, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document and a federal investigation, and making false statements.
Speaker 2: Now Trump isn't the only one being charged.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, this has also not been covered by the media, and I think it's important that you hear this and understand it.
Speaker 2: An aid to Donald Trump. Walt not A was.
Speaker 1: Charged as a co conspirator with six felony counts six different counts against him.
Speaker 2: The media has not been talking about that.
Speaker 1: Now for the classified documents that lead to the quote will for retention counts. Topics addressed in the documents the DOJ is now released in this indictment include details they say about US nuclear weapons, the nuclear capabilities of a foreign country, and the military activities or capabilities of other countries they said. The conspiracy charges deal with Trump's alleged attempts to hide documents they claim from his lawyer or from federal investigators.
Speaker 2: Is the claim.
Speaker 1: The false statement charges stem from Trump causing his lawyer to tell the FBI that no more classified documents were at mar Lago, but then the FBI later found out that there were more than one hundred documents during that August twenty two raid. Accused of sharing classify information. The indictment alleges that Trump showed classified documents to people who didn't have security clearance on two different occasions. The most serious charges carry potential prison sentences of up to twenty years each. Judges have discretion and if convicted, first time offenders rarely get anywhere near the max sentence. Being a former president would also likely be a major consideration in any sentencing, as it should, because this is going to divide the country like never before. I just have to step back, and I got to think about this idea of an OJ Simpson trial, except it's Donald Trump. Donald Trump on trial, sitting there to desk day after day. This trial could take weeks or months, maybe even longer. I mean it really could. It could take an incredible amount of time to figure this out.
Speaker 2: It is shocking when you think.
Speaker 1: About it, truly truly shocking to think about the idea of a former president and that's it's in America, sitting there on trial and us watching it live.
Speaker 2: That's not normal. But this is what Democrats want.
Speaker 1: They want to weaken him, but they also think it may actually help him win the primary. Now, let me explain to you the primary aspect of this, because this is important that you understand it. The thinking in the Democratic Party is that Donald Trump is the best candidate to go up against in the general election. Why do they believe that they hate They say, hey, we already beat him once. He's undisciplined, he's a erratic. You can't keep him on focus, and Joe Biden beat him once, he can beat him again.
Speaker 2: That's their thinking.
Speaker 1: They believe that he'll he can't get out of his own way, he won't listen to his advisors, he won't pay attention to the subject matter, and he'll make everything personal and they can get him off track, and that's how they'll beat him.
Speaker 2: That's what they believe.
Speaker 1: And they believe that there's a very good chance that they will be able to win again if he is the candid they're up against. Now. They are more worried about other Republicans than the primaries because they believe that they might be more palatable to the country in a general election.
Speaker 2: So Democrats don't mind if.
Speaker 1: This solidifies the base, because this is who they want to run against. They want Donald Trump to be the nominatee. Whether they're thinking is right or wrong is I don't care about the moment. I'm just wanting you to understand the democratic mentality. They're loving this idea. I mean, they are loving the idea of Donald Trump being indicted, being in a trial, and the Republican Party rallying behind him.
Speaker 2: They love this idea.
Speaker 1: Now you go back to the if any of these charges stick, and this is going to play out in a courtroom in Florida. Just so you know, the most serious charges carry potential prison senses of up to twenty years each. Judges have discretion, and I can first time offenders usually don't get that, but they could. But if you take into account Donald Trump's age here, this would in essence be a life sentence. Trump's court appearances will become national news, international news.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Trump has also made his first public statement following the indictment. He was in Columbus, Georgia. He was very clear there that this is nothing more than a witch hunt, the same witch hunts he's dealt with before, in fact, the same thing that they've been harassing him since the day. As he describes, he came down the staircase right at Trump Tower. I want you to hear what Donald Trump said about the bias in the media and also the bias of the DOJ and the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: He'll continue to watch this.
Speaker 4: Yesterday in Columbus, every time I fly over a blue state, I get a subpoena. It's no coincidence they indicted me the very same day that it was revealed that the FBI hit explosive evidence that Joe Biden took a five million dollar illegal bride from Ukraine. Next, Hunter will probably be charged with some very minor offense so that the FBI and DOJ can pretend.
Speaker 2: That they're fair.
Speaker 4: They want to pretend they're fair. We got Hunter for jaywalking. As far as the joke of an indictment, it's a horrible thing. It's a horrible thing for this country. I mean, the only good thing about it is it's driven my poll numbers way up.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that he's right? And Democrats don't seem to mind that. Now there's also another chance that the president could be indicted and I believe he'll probably be indicted again, this time in Georgia for they say election interference. The reason why I believe he'll be indicted there is because at this point, after they did what they did in New York City with Alvin Bragg, there's nothing stopping these rogue prosecutors from doing it over and over and over again. They love this idea. They want this to happen. They think it's amazing. They can't wait for this to continue because they believe that this is how you take him out, and they've been wanting to take him out since the very beginning. Now, I don't know how anyone else beats Donald Trump in the primary. If the election was today, he would win overwhelmingly. Can things change, Sure, they can change. But this Special Council Jack Smith, he believes that you guys will not show up for him in massive numbers in the general and he believes that the Democrats will be able to win. He also lied to you, Special counsel Jack Smith, mayde it very clear. He said that you know, not only did the Grand Jury of Citizens come back with this, but he said, you know, you need to understand that we have one system of one tier of justice here that is equally applied to both sides.
Speaker 2: No, it's not was.
Speaker 1: Hillary Clinton would have been indicted for the same thing. So would Mike Pence for that matter, so would Joe Biden, So would Barack Obama, so would Jimmy Carter, so would you know, George Bush and every other living president. But they're making this step up as they go because they want to take out their political enemy.
Speaker 5: Today, an indict Muslim sealed, charging Donald J. Trump with felony violations of our national security laws as well as participating in a conspiracy to obstruct justice. This indictment was voted by a grand jury of citizens in the Southern District of Florida, and I invite everyone to read it in full to understand the scope and the gravity of the crimes charged. The men and women of the United States Intelligence community and our armed forces dedicate their lives to protecting our nation and its people. Our laws that protect national defense information are critical the safety and security of the United States, and they must be enforced. Violations of those laws put our country at risk. Adherence to the rule of law is a bedrock principle of the Department of Justice, and our nation's commitment to the rule of law sets an example for the world. We have one set of laws in this country, and they apply to everyone. Applying those laws, collecting facts. That's what determines the outcome of an investigation. Nothing more and nothing less.
Speaker 1: We know he's a liar. The law is not applied equally to both sides. That's the biggest lot of crap I've heard all day.
Speaker 2: And he knows it. He knows.
Speaker 1: That they have not gone after Joe Biden the same way they've gone after Donald Trump. Molly Hemingway said the most important part of the Trump indictment is the broader context here. She's right, she said, the larger context here is important. I don't think people would have been willing to hear from a Department of Justice that they needed to indict their top political opponent and hear that in good faith if we hadn't experienced what we have for the last six years from the Department of Justice. In other words, they've lost faith and trust in the system. They have gone rogue in the system. I also think it's important that we understand this. You have a DOJ that it interfere in the twenty sixteen election and the twenty twenty elections, and now they're interfering in the twenty twenty four election. And while they're doing all this, the Treasury Department has had these financial records about Hunter Biden and Jim Biden and the foreign business dealings, and apparently had the records on the five million dollar bribery scheme between Barisma bribing the the United States of America, and they didn't do a damn thing about it. Why because they love him and they're on the same team. Let me say that again. It's because they love him and they're on the same team. President Trump also said something else that is spot on. Why did they come out and announced they were indicting him the same exact day that they came out and said that we know that the president of the United States of America is being accused of taking a five million dollar bribe from the Barisma company to get the prosecutor fired, which, by the way, he did and bragged about it publicly.
Speaker 2: You know the answer.
Speaker 1: They didn't want that to be the story, so it was like, okay, now release the story and then it'll work to your advantage, right Like, do it now, no brainer, knock it out now right then we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: That's how corrupt these people are.
Speaker 1: They will wait and then diet a former president in the moment when they need it the most, when the American people might actually find out that the president of the United States of America is being accused of taking a five million dollars bribe with money that we know has come in from suspicious activity reports, that's when they decide to do it. Now, think about how messed up that is. Byron Donald's had this to say on Fox about all of this take a listen.
Speaker 6: If you've had this information since twenty fifteen, there are several documents that speak to this. We already know that there are financial records that the Department of Treasury has about a lot of these business dealings surrounding Hunter Biden and Jim Biden, and we all know the only reason people even give them a red scent is because of Joe Biden's position in our government. If you know this and nobody looks into this, it reeks of the hypocrisy at the FBI and the Department of Justice where they will literally take phony information from Hillary Clinton to start the Trump Russia collusion scandal saga. But then this information comes forward and they do nothing. They put it in a box. It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It is disgusting. Congressman Byron Donald's Republican from Florida, is absolutely right. And what he just said there, Jim Jordan, by the way, asked about you know all of this right, he's investigating it. And Jim Jordan was asked to go on CNN Sunday Morning to talk about the Hillary Clinton and the Joe Biden Hunter Biden stuff where they ask him about oh no, no, no, the classification of documents. He said this about how political it was when he was fighting back.
Speaker 7: In this indictment, he states in on at least one occasion, that he did.
Speaker 8: Not declassify the information.
Speaker 4: When he's showing a document to somebody who doesn't have a security clearance, I.
Speaker 8: Might add, he says explicitly that it is classified. He didn't declassify.
Speaker 7: It, Danna. He has said time and time again he's declassified all this material. This is this is the most political thing I have ever seen. They've been out to get president.
Speaker 2: They're going to it.
Speaker 7: They're indicting President Trump on Tuesday for having material that he declassified that was protected by the Secret Service. One of the people who are doing it is the administration, the Justice Department, from his opponent in the upcoming presidential election. I mean, this is as political as it gets, and frankly, it's part of a pattern. We have seen it time and time again with the president over the last seven years. They try one thing, then they try another. They've continued to go after him, and I think anyone with common sense can see that.
Speaker 1: I think he's right. Jim Jordan is right. They're going after him with lies. They've gone after him. The dossier that the Clinton's paid for and the DNC Democrat ask can to be paid for?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean this is this is very clear that this is how they're going to keep going after him, no matter what. It doesn't matter, they are going to go after him, no matter what. It's a broader context here. The broader context is they will stop at nothing to silence the president. They're right, they will stop at nothing to silence a president of the United States of America. Senator Johnson was asked about this Trump indictment over the hand handling of the classified documents on Fox Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartromo, and I want you to hear part of what he had to say about this.
Speaker 8: News of the indictment came just hours after the House Oversight Committee finally got to see that document FBI document alleging a criminal scheme tying then Vice President Joe Biden to bribery. The document reportedly claims both Joe and Hunter Biden received five millionion dollars apiece from an executive from Barisma for what one source called pay to play. Join me right now with more on all of this is Wisconsin Republican Senator Ron Johnson, who has been at the forefront in the investigation into President Biden and his family's business deals. Senator, good to see you this morning. Thanks so much for joining me. Your reaction to the indictment against President Trump.
Speaker 3: Well, when you consider the exoneration of Hillary Clinton, when you consider the fraudulent and corrupt investigation on Russian collusion, which was a complete lie and the FBI knew it was, you put all these things together. The FBI Department Justice interfered in the twenty sixteen election, in the twenty twenty twenty election, and here we go again, there's going to be interfering in the twenty twenty four election. They already have what a mess. You know, obviously President Trump's going to have an ability to defend himself. But will he be able to defend himself quickly? Or is this going to drag on and on and on. So it's hard not to be suspicious of what the Department Justice is doing. Once again, as you mentioned, the investigation Hunter Biden has been dragging on for years. They're able to wrap up this investigation very rapidly. In addition, they announce it pretty much the same day when the details of the FBI confidential human source is going to be revealed by members of Congress. And I won't steal the Congresswomen's thunder here, but it's all suspicious and it's just just a horrible mess.
Speaker 8: Well what about the investigation into Hunter Biden. You've done so much work on that over the years. Where does that stand. We are going now on almost six years that the Feds have been frozen on this investigation. They got that laptop win in twenty.
Speaker 3: Nineteen, correct, but they are investigating Hunter Biden as far back as twenty eighteen. So this investigation is moving at a glacier pace. We have a whistle blower coming into our office saying that the US Attorney Wiss is not out of the resource to do a proper investigation. But what was interesting, Maria, Now that this FBI document has been revealed, I've gone back and I've looked at the timeline, and first of all, you have to understand the bidens. Certainly, Hunter, I think probably Joe Biden as well, knew exactly the type of people they're dealing with. Hunter's business partner who's also on the border, Barisma Devon Archer, is now he convicted Felon Patrick Hoe, who Hunter Biden was paid a million dollars to defend against money laundering charges. Hunter Biden called him the expedited, deleted spy chief of China. In terms of Breizeman, that's what this five million dollar sounds like. Ten million dollars of bride money paid. This all around Bearisma and their corrupt oligarch, Mikola Zolceski. He was his assets were seized by the UK in two thousand and fourteen, same time when Hunter, Biden and Devon were joining the board. Twenty fifteen, he was declared officially declared a fugitive. That's when Andre That's when Victor Chokin was hired as a prosecutor general. Twenty fifteen is we'll find out, is when all this activity was going on with the Bidens. Twenty sixteen is when Chokun opened up investigation and within three months Chokun was fired. And that's about the same time that Vice President Biden was talking to Poorshenko and demanding the firing of Chokun. So it's incredibly corrupt, it's incredibly dirty. The Bidens knew exactly the type people that you're dealing with but the mainstream media has by and large ignored it.
Speaker 2: But it is interesting.
Speaker 3: The New York Times the tail end of December twenty sixteen or twenty fifteen was actually writing a story about the Bidens and this corrupt oligarch, but then they pretty well dropped the lead.
Speaker 8: It feels like American citizens are onto this corruption, even though the mainstream media refused is to report on the most serious charges leveled at a president ever, in my view, the influence peddling. I heard from Lee Carter this morning, the pollster, and she says this most recent poll that she's looking at has corruption and crime at the number one and number two issues for voters right now. So do you think that people understand that part of this is political. We're going to get into the details of the indictment coming up with Alan Derschowitz. But you say it is.
Speaker 3: Political, Well, I think certainly almost about half of America believes that. But again, the complicit, compliant, corrupt media, they're not covering this thing honestly. And you know, Maria, I also have to point out you talked about Preston breaking. You know, President Ford decided it's best for America not to pursue prosecution against President Nixon. President Trump pretty much made the same decision, decided not to pursue any kind of prosecution of Hillary Clinton. You know, Joe Biden could have made the exact same decision, but he didn't. He out a swat raid on a very secure residence of President Trump over federal records, even though he was holding classified records himself, So that record issue should have been handled civilly. We never should be even in this place. But these are decisions that President Biden made. As much as he's probably lying about not talking to Justice Department at all, that's pretty hard to believe when you understand how many other lies President Biden has told the American public.
Speaker 2: Johnson's right, he's lying.
Speaker 1: There are many that are saying, Wow, he's just got too much baggage now, and with too much baggage, what that means is it's time for us to move on to someone else.
Speaker 2: Five three Are they headed on? Our should say?
Speaker 1: One eight hundred four seven four nine seven three two Will you stick with Donald Trump? Are you more or less likely to vote for him in a primary because of this prosecution? One other thing that I want to point out about what Senator Johnson said is the fact that this has been going on now for so long, and the DOJ and those that are supposed to be doing the job of protecting the American people from corruption seem to actually be involved in the corruption and then helping cover it up. And the question then becomes, what happens next, Right, what happens next? At that point, what happens next? There has to be some sort of change at the DOJ. You look at the media, they're communists, their socialist media. The media has not been covering the suspicious Biden family deal. They just won't cover it. And the reason why they won't cover is because so damning. But they're on the same team with the Biden so they're going to protect them at all costs. Now, Donald Trump will cover it wall to wall, will cover things and get awards for for even some of our cover is filled with nothing but lies.
Speaker 2: That's another problem.
Speaker 1: But at some point we're going to have to fight this and we're gonna have to win, and we're going to need to win for the future of this country. Now, this primary is going to be messed up, but the idea that we're going to see a president of the United States of America on trial the same way that we watched the O Dre Trill tells me that we're losing this country and we better start fighting to protect and defend it. A former president of the United States of America should never be indicted the way that Donald Trump is being indicted. By the way, that would also mean that I'm saying that Joe Biden shouldn't be indicted for his classified documents unless he was selling those classified documents the highest bidder.
Speaker 2: That's different. But we shouldn't go after Mike Pence.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't go after Barack Obama, we shouldn't go after George Bush, we shouldn't go after Jimmy Carter, any living president for something as simple as having a document. Now in the future, moving forward, should it be very clear President that you can't do this ever again moving forward. Absolutely, there should be that precedence. Okay, no doubt there should be that precedent. I want to make that clear. But the idea that we're going to lock up a former president United to in America over a document having a document that people are saying, well, you really shouldn't have the document.
Speaker 2: That's wrong.
Speaker 1: There's a picture, and I think it really shows you the laughability of the left on a Navara, who's just a gosh, he's an awful person. On the View and on CNN she posts a picture of these documents in a you know, in the bathroom Marlago you've probably seen it now, says.
Speaker 2: Quote, the gravity of this case is very serious.
Speaker 1: But we can talk about how freaking tacky and dated Marlago is for a minute, question mark. I mean, they don't even sell low to the ground mage toilets anymore. The shower rod is one of those cheap extendable plastic thingies that keeps falling off the wall at the lightest tug. And the shower curtain you can get them in Amazon for four n nine. You telling me all these these boogiey people actually pay a quarter million dollars to belong to this dump. I actually am glad that she wrote this because it shows you the level of Trump derangement syndrome. This is Trump derangement syndrome. These are the psychos of the left. They just want to beat him, folks, that's all it is. Wayne Navarro said that she just.
Speaker 2: Wants to beat him.
Speaker 1: That's her take because she knows the case is so weak. She's going to comment on the on the bathroom right. These documents are there, there's a picture, and that's her critique. That's how petty they are, and that's how psycho they are about bringing him down. Who would want to be a member of this place? Who would want to be a member?
Speaker 2: It's pathetic, It is absolutely pathetic. We're going to cover this, by the way, all week long on our podcast, so make sure you download the Ben Ferguson podcast. We do a new show every day.
Speaker 1: Hit that follow button, subscribe or auto download wherever you get your podcasts so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: And I'll see you back here tomorrow