Speaker 1: Welcome back. It's this Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football podcast. I'm your host, Scott Bogman. Follow me on the Twitter at bogmin Sports. I'm joined as always by Pat Fitzmorts at fits Underscore ff on the Twitter machine. And today to join us, we have Shane. Shane is the worst on the Twitter machine from Trades in five and Dynasty Trades HQ. Shane, what is going on? You are back and you are ready to do a full super flex MOCKX with us for going almost twenty rounds here, and you're of course prepared for that and ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Right, got my ADP list up, my rankings?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look, rookie draft season's over. Let's tell you get in the startups, right. I'm mad at any of my leagues at a rookie draft starting in June or July. I don't know what's going on there. I'm to cut those amateurs out of my life. But it's startup season.
Speaker 1: I actually like to do those rookie drafts as late as possible if I can, you know just I mean, honestly, it probably gives everybody else a leg up because I already know what I'm going to know about the draft class. But I do like I like to get all the information. I like to see who gets hurt in training camp, who's the coaching staff is liking, who's not. But for the most part, it is absolutely time to start and fits. I mean, are you ready? Is this? Is this your first big mock of the season. I think it is nice.
Speaker 3: And you know, I don't know if I've ever done a dynasty startup in anything but slow draft form, so this could be a colossal train wreck. I think viewers are going to want to stick around and watch what happens because you know, this could be really ridiculous. And by the way, I'm still doing a rookie mock with the great Shane Manila right now. I think we're in the third round a slow draft. It's it's been a very slow draft. I think in fact we are. Yes, I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: It's well, it's not a mock, it's a real Oh.
Speaker 3: Did I say mocks? Or I've met a rookie draft a rookie draft.
Speaker 1: So Shane in a panic there is not done with.
Speaker 3: All of his rookie drafts. He's he's still got one that's kicking around in the third round. I think we're going approximately one round a month in that draft.
Speaker 1: So those are fun. What's worse is the slow the slow drafts or the people complaining about the slowness of the slow draft. Which one is worse?
Speaker 2: Both both both are even one one couldn't exist without the other. They're like the diametrically.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, so they're both awful. I don't like either of them. No one's really complained in the draft yet. But look, there's a lot of big names in there. I understand they're very busy. They're doing updates to things and other stuff, and you know, very hard to press that draft button, very hard.
Speaker 1: Especially with people. I mean it is, you know, we are we are giving them a hard time. But this is the busiest part of the year for us for the most part too, because now after the draft, everybody once to know what we thought about the draft, and now we we're you know, putting our thoughts out and doing all kinds of stuff. So sure, we will give some people some built in excuses that they really don't need about why it takes so long, but we are not going to take so long. We are going to draft. Uh, this is using you know, the Fantasy Pros Mock Draft Lobby. Check it out. Today's mock draft is done with our mock draft lobby over at fantasypros dot com slash draft Wizard. Just like you'll see today. Multi user drafts allow you to practice quick and fun mock drafts against both real and CPU opponents, using the same easy to use interface as our draft simulator. While public mock drafts aren't available yet, you can easily invite your friends to do a private mock draft. Check it out today over at fantasypros dot com slash draft Wizard. That is what we are using. And I made this easy since I am running the draft. I'll pick first. I'm a complete you know, abuse of power here. I want Patrick Mahomes. I get him to make it easy to list off the picks. We're gonna have Shane go at six and I put fits all the way back at twelve on the end. So I'm sure you guys are ready? Are we ready to rock and roll and start the draft?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Minute picks? You guys? Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure I'll struggle as soon as it starts, and then I'll ask you a pause.
Speaker 1: It all right? Well, here we go. We are in the lobby. We are ready to rock. The draft room is starting at just updated all of my rankings on Fantasy Pros last night, so hopefully I give myself a good grade in this. But it's super flex. We're gonna go with the full roster. It's two running backs, three wide receivers, tight end flex, super flex, and then a bunch of bench spots as well. So we are ready to rock and roll, all right. First pick, easy pick for me, guys. I'm going with Patrick Mahomes in a super flex, So easy pasy. The next picks were Josh Allen Bijeon at three, Justin Jefferson at four, Jamar Chase at five. So, Shane O Mack, you got some options here? What's it gonna be?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow, I didn't foresee this coming, but I guess I'm gonna be forced. And this isn't a homer pick in any way. I'm gonna have to take my dude, Jalen Hurts, as I like to say. He puts up Crookeet numbers and that's what I like. So I'll take take Jalen Hurts here.
Speaker 1: No homerism in that pick at all. Jalen Hurts probably a top five pick in most super flex leagues. After you took Hurtz, the computer went with Hall, Ceedee, Lamb, Jonathan Taylor, A J. Brown, Joe Burrow, and Fits is up for two picks. What's it gonna be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this is sort of an embarrassment of riches. Normally, I don't think I'll be able to double tap the quarterback position like this, but I am going to do it with first Trevor Lawrence and then Justin Fields.
Speaker 1: Fields and Lawrence. A nice one two punch there. I like it a lot. All Right, is there someone that you're going to be very upset if they go here? Shane?
Speaker 2: I would like Justin Fields to continue to follow. That would have been awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you that it went CMC, Herbert Wattle, Barkley, and Tyreek right ahead of you.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just that this should never happen, and if it did, I would be doing a dance a little Irish jake. But yeah, I'll take Lamar Jackson here. I know the community was a little low on him when they thought he was going to sit out or maybe play for the CFL, but now he's going to be back with the Ravens. Everything's going to be fine. So I'm loving Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson is my QB room.
Speaker 1: Well, see, this is not something that I anticipated. I didn't even think about Patrick Mahomes and getting my second pick after you took Lamar. Then Garrett Wilson and Monter Saint Brown, Mark Andrews and Austin Eckler all went. So I am up right now with a thin running back room. But I also have no running back, no wide receivers either, So for me, I'm gonna go ahead. I'm debate here. Did Pollard go? I don't think I saw Pollard go. I'm gonna take Pollard for one of those picks. I feel like I have to take QB because I'm on the end and I'm waiting, so I'm just gonna take Upside. I already have the number one QB, so I'm gonna take Upside. I'm gonna take Anthony Richardson here and just see if I can't punch a lottery ticket with him. So after I selected Pollard and then Richardson and with Josh Jacobs, Chris Olove, Ken Walker and Jamier Gibbs and Shane is back up on the clock.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm up again. Yeah, this is where there's certain players I'm absolutely in love with. But apparently that was everyone else because he's gone. The guys started the heck. Yeah, I'm keeping it PG rated as much as I.
Speaker 1: You're trying. Yeah, I think we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't want to draft rying that. I can't do that. Never gonna do that.
Speaker 1: I like the pressure. As the clocks kicks down, too, you'll have only used half your time.
Speaker 2: So I am gonna Look, I'm gonna go with an old wide receiver against my better judgment, twenty eight year old Stefan Diggs. But you know he's aging, so but I'll take him there.
Speaker 1: It's a win now move, Shane. I like it after you pick Stephan Diggs, Traves, etn t Higgins, Cooper Cup, Drake ln and Devonte Adams come off the board. Fits DeVante Smith for that first pick. I love what's going to be the second pick.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty excited about that one. You know, it seems like he's almost even a little underrated, just because maybe he's not the top receiver for the Eagles, but like just in the dynasty community and some of the startups. I've seen, it seems like he slides a little further down, but I love the guy. To me, he's just barely inside the top ten for Dynasty receivers. And then I'm gonna and this is tough, I'm gonna go with DK Metcalf with the other pick, so city like, I still feel like Metcalf's best season is yet ahead of him.
Speaker 1: Lockett's aging out, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Fall back on the ridiculous athleticism and physical traits.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, I mean that is that is exactly who I wanted. So I'm not happy with that pick. But after you took Metcalfain and with Jamison, Naji, Harris, Deebo, Samuel, Deshaun Watson and Kyle Pitts and Shane, you're up again, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pat Patrick, You're not gonna let this pick because it just feels like I'm mocking you. But I'm gonna take the actual alpha in Seattle, Jackson Smith and Jigba, who is going to take DK's lunch money and keep him as a very nice second option, very nice wide receiver too in your offense.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's a solid pick, and that's I belie. That is the second rookie to go after Bejeon. If I'm not mistaken, I wanted Travis Kelsey so bad, and he went the pick right after Jackson Smith and Jigba Rmandre Stevenson was the next pick, then Dak and Nick Chubb. I am back up. I got two picks to make here, boys, I am on the struggle bus in my brain. Here where I want to go? I know one of them. I want to take Chris Godwin. Even though the quarterback situations in question in Tampa Bay, I still think the town is there. He's still young. So Chris Godwin, he was at the top of all, you know, the charts and the boards here also I have I probably need to back up my quarterback soon, just in case Anthony Richardson, you know, falls on his face. But I mean fifty, you know that I am a win now person, right, I am a win now even in dynasty. So give me a guy that's you know, probably only has two years left, but he's he's up at the top. Still give me Derrick Henry. I know he's old and he a million touches and everything, but he is a freak. I need another running back, So I'm gonna go ahead and rock with him. I got my two rbs now Shane is back up after I took Derrick Henry Pittman, McLaurin Tua and Treylon Burke Swin. Before we get Shane's pick, subscribe to Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and comment below on this video because when you do, you can win a free frua upgrade to Fantasy Pros Premium. Whether you're looking for custom mock draft, salary, cap tools, or in depth analysis of your fantasy performance, Fantasy Pros Premium has the tools to help you win. Unlock the most powerful fantasy tools in the industry. Don't want to wait for the giveaway, Sign up to date at fantasypros dot com, slash Premium, and start playing smarter, not harder, All right, Shane, what they're gonna be here?
Speaker 2: Too much time to think is never good. I don't like these quick drafts are going. Everything's going too fast, but not fast enough. Now I had too much time to think about things.
Speaker 1: Over just enough time to mess it up.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dj Moore Dj Moore is a solid pick at the top of the board, A good young wide receiver going to a different situation here. But I really really like that pick, so he rocks with DJ Moore after DJ Moore goes Jerry Judy Damian Pierce for Shot White, DeAndre Swift and Marquis Brown.
Speaker 3: Look, the Wizard is gonna hate me on the grading scale because the Wizard likes balance. But I can't believe this guy is still kicking around at the end of the fifth round in a super flex dynasty startup. And it's Kyler Murray. I mean, like, yeah, already, yeah, two great quarterbacks. And that's the thing. It's it's a dynasty league. We trade a lot, that's what we do. So you know, I'm gonna be like the OPEC Cartel of quarterbacks here, and people are going to be coming to me four deals and you know, throwing their top level running backs at me. So when I don't have any, that's how I'm gonna get them. And then you know, I can scratch my Green Bay Packers itch here. I just don't see any value at running back right now, and none at tight end either, So I'm going to keep loading up the wide receiver basket with Christian Watson, who you have to be pretty optimistic about, even if he's getting a quarterback downgrade perhaps with Jordan Love. I mean, what we saw to Watson in his rookie season was pretty exciting, so happy to get him at the top of the sixth.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great pick here. Some running backs go right after JK. Dobbins, Cam Akers, TJ. Hockinson, Brandon Ayuk, and then Joe Mixon and Shane Is back up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get me a little bit of a stack and grab Dallas Goddard to pair with my Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: The homer Ism has no bounds here.
Speaker 2: If it's.
Speaker 1: Dallas Goddard goes, I like it. It's a solid I mean, you know, very few tight ends are going to average double digita points. He was one of those guys right after you selected Dallas Goddard, CJ. Stroud, Amari Cooper, Aaron Jones, Jordan Addison, who I am upset about because I definitely wanted at least to share of him. I'm gonna go with the fit strategy here. I'm gonna take another quarterback that I feel like is falling. Bryce Young has fallen to the end of the six here. I love it for you know me, but I don't I am a little surprised, but I'll take it. And that's just you know, I know, I have two rookie qbs. But in case Richardson doesn't work, we figure Bryce Young is going to start from day one, even though Andy Dalton is currently the starter and all that stuff. I mean, that's like eye rolling stuff. So when Bryce Young wins it, they could be like, can you believe he'd be Andy Young? Andy Dalton out for the job. I mean, but we'll take it. And you know what, I know, he just got suspended. He's had some injury stuff in the past. But give me Jameis and Williams falling to the start of the seventh round here at the wide receiver spot. So for a guy that you know doesn't like to take a too much youth, I'm pretty youth heavy here early after I picked Jamis Williams, George Pickens, Jane Cook, Jahan Dotson, and Miles Sanders come off the board and Shane is up again for his picking the seventh round.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go get another wide receiver because like mom said, you can never have two any wide receivers. I'm gonna go with a little safe pick Deontay Johnson, a little bit king, but feeling pretty good about adding him to my wide receiver room.
Speaker 1: You gotta think he's gonna have more than zero touchdowns this year, so probably a little room for improvement. After you took Deontay uh, the computer went ahead and snapped up Daniel Jones, David Montgomery, George Kittle, Doama Cook, Christian kirk Fits A year up for two? What's it gonna be?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna start with Za Flowers, adding to the wide receiver room and taking him ahead of Quentin Johnston. I guess I'm just a little bit of a I don't know. Maybe Matt Waldman got me concerned bogs when he was on our show talking about his issues with Quenton Johnston and his catching technique. So like, Flowers is just in this overachiever man, and I like him. I think he's sort of this year's Jehan Dotson. So I'm gonna go with him, and let's see, boy, I'm gonna stick with the rookie fever. And this is kind of how I like to draft in startups. I'm kind of a winning year two guy, not a win right away guy. Like basically my ETA is second year or third year in a dynasty startups, I'm gonna go with a guy. You know, I love Bogs Devon ah Change and just like I love the guy. I think he's a such a unique playmaker. And despite his size, we know how much he ran inside at Texas A and M and you know, like, I don't think Texas am fully tapped into his pass catching potential. So I like, I just can't wait to see how Mike McDaniel is going to deploy this guy, because his speed is game breaking, and uh, you know, I think he's more of an all around back than he's getting credit for.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I'm glad you it because I didn't want to have to take an aggie so very nice after you picked Mike Williams, Pat Furmouth, Trey Lance, Calvin Ridley, and DeAndre Hopkins off the board, Shane, you were up again in the eighth.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm pretty upset because that's that's who I wanted to draft. I was ready to break the seal on running backs, and because of that, I panicked and I took Isaiah Pacheka.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think that's a panic pick at all. I'm actually very mad at that pick because I had three guys in my queue, and he was one of them. The other guys that went after you took Pacheco Bateman, Mike Evans, AJ Dillon, and Courtland Sutton here. Currently my roster is Mahomes with Richardson and Young Pollard and Henry Godwin in Williams. So I need another wide out and I could use a starting tight end here. So I think I'm gonna go with the I'm gonna go rookie heavy again here. I got to take Dalton Kincaid because I love the landing spot in Buffalo. I think it's a great spot. Gabe Davis disappointed last year, and I think ken Kaid can be their slot guy. So I think he's an impact guy from day one. I will, of course back him up with a veteran later, but I think that is a solid pick here, and I don't have to dabble into the ugly tight end business a little bit later. I'm debating now between a running back and a wide out. Hmm. I think I'm gonna go ahead and go rookie again. Give me Zach Charboney. I think the rookies are falling a little bit here to spots that I like so Sharbone and kin Kid were my two picks. After I selected sharbon Ay, we got Antonio Gibson, Elijah Moore, Keenan Allen and Greg Dulkich and Shane is back on the clock.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm on the clock a lot in this drift.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle between everybody.
Speaker 2: I am all right, Well, Rookie Fever, I'm going to add another one in my backfield because I like rookie running back because they're full of hope and promise until they disappoint me. Hey, Brian Robinson, Ken dra Miller, We're gonna go Ken dra Miller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Rookie Fever, Fitzy. So after Kendre Miller, David and Joku, Tyler Lockett, Dalton Schultz, Juju Smith, Schuster, Kadarius Tony and you are back on the clock.
Speaker 3: Well, now, I guess if you're gonna leave Quentin Johnston for me, I'm obligated to take him with the last pick of the ninth rounds. I'm gonna take QJ here and uh, you know, deal with that faulty catching technique and uh boy, let's see now it gets tricky. It just doesn't seem like there's value anywhere really, But man, I'm a little worried that he's just a guy. But you know, he he did have like he picked up the pace a little as the year went on last year. I'm gonna go with Brian Robinson Jr. And you know, I don't expect him to have a long run as like a featured back, and he's probably going to be a committee guy, but you know, a pretty decent rookie year. And yeah, at this point in the draft, I need a running back. So I'm going with Brian Robinson.
Speaker 1: I think that's a solid pick here, Jacoby Meyers, Sky Moore, Alvin Kamara, Gabe Davis, and Nico Collins. Kamara falling. Obviously, we don't know what's going to happen with his suspension. But Shane once again back on the clock in the tenth man.
Speaker 2: All right, well, now I'm happy that someone that I didn't think would be there is there, and he felt to me, I will take Jim Connors. It's just my running back of room looks really good considering when I started drafting those. So I gotta thank everyone in the league for letting me get Jimmy.
Speaker 1: I like James Connor here, and that's you know, that's a pick that I would enjoy here because I number one, I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, so always love Jimmy Connor as you would call him. And this is a guy that people overlook because of his advanced age, a little bit of an injury history as well. But what is the offense going to be in Arizona this year? It's going to be a lot of James Connor because Kyler Murray is not going to be ready to go. You got a brand new coach and you're going to be heavy defense with a defensive coach here, so you're gonna want to run the ball and keep that defense on the sideline here. I'm going to be up next. But before I pick. By now, most of you have heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their team like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it? It's time to go see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contracts and salar camp functionality, and much much more. I think it sounds complicated. It is not. The best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy Front Office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is a platform to test your metal. Still not sure. You can test out your general manager skills for Frube in a mock. If you like what you see, use a promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your teamer league. Today, Fantasy just got real at Reality Sports online dot com. All right, guys, I guess I have to pick here. I think I think I'm gonna go with what FITZI said. I don't see a ton of value in these picks. So one pick I'm gonna make here is just to back up my Derrick Henry pick. Give me ty Jay Spears as well. I think that. You know, now, I have a rookie back and I have the veteran back. All right, so that'll be one. We'll be Taija. Uh. My second one, I'm gonna take Kirk Cousins just because I think he's the best quarterback here, and this is a strategy that I have on occasion. I know my buddy the Welsh really despises it when I do this, But I'll hoard. I will hoard assets like you know, storage wars or something, and put all the quarterbacks into the closet and then offer you to trade for them for way more than their worth because there's a finite amount of them later in the draft. So I go Cousins and Tysha Spears, Darnald Mooney, Brandon Cooks, Alec Pierce, and Damian Harris all off the board. Shane is up in round eleven.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't need a quarterback, but I really should get one, Like you're saying, it's fun kind of hoarding them. Those those are what have the most value that are available on the board. I am gonna go with Jordan Love. I'm shooting upside. He's still young enough. I can flip him when he's a top twelve quarterback this year.
Speaker 1: Oh, a top twelve quarterback. Well, I know Fitz would enjoy that. I know he doesn't agree with it, but as a Packers fan, he would absolutely take it. After Jordan Love was taken, then we saw Michael Thomas Wandell Robinson, Romeo Dobbs, Rashad Penny and Odell Beckham Junior come off the board. Uh, Fitzy, what you got?
Speaker 3: I definitely would take that. And Shane, are you at this point you'd rather have Jordan Love than Trey Lance? Right? Have you given up on Trey Lance?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I don't know that I've given up on him, But every week the forty nine ers go out of their way to be like, no, no, no, no, right, I swear to god he's starting. He's just like, but he can't throw yet, and they're like, we don't care. He's still starting the season.
Speaker 3: And we just got more of that this week. You're so right? Yeah, all right, I need to plant some sort of flag here at the tight end position, which I've completely ignored to this point. So Sam Laporta, I just got to reach alert on the Draft Wizard for Sam Laporta in a start up which I don't know. I mean, he's going how many rounds behind? Uh Dalton Kincaid. And while I certainly.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's too much of a rea. Yeah, and by the way, you would have been a bigger reach if I didn't update my rankings last night, So I like it. I think it's.
Speaker 3: Exactly I mean, maybe in you know, redraft, it might be a little bit of a reach, but I don't think it's too bad here and then I'm gonna go with man another rookie wide receiver. I really like Jonathan Mingo, so I'm gonna take him. You know, I think it's telling that he went significantly higher than a lot of people were projecting him for the NFL seemed to like him more than the draft experts and didn't put up eye popping numbers at all. Miss but kind of reminds me of like the discount and Kwan Bolden, and I think we've talked about that on the show at Box, just how tough he is after the catch, you know, big hands, and he's like a speedier version of an Kwon Boldney ran a four four seven of the combine. So anyway, Shane, it's it's your pick.
Speaker 1: I believe after Mingo went Fournette, Palmer, Derek Carr, Michael Gallup, who did you pick in here? Uh? Who do you pick?
Speaker 3: And here?
Speaker 2: Shane Marvin Mins. I was hoping he'd go a little earlier in the draft. I think he was what the eighth wide receiver drafted. I was kind of hoping more like five or maybe a surprise first round capital, and if he was I would have drafted him way before now. But I'm fine taking him here.
Speaker 1: I think that's a solid pick after you took Mims, and I don't have to take an Oklahoma guy. I like it. Gino Smith, then Jamal Williams, Jared Goff, Devin Singletary. I'm back up here. I definitely need wide receivers, so I will which one do I want here? God, I'm gonna go with a rookie again, give me Josh Downs in this spot. I just think that, you know, the Colts have been looking for a slot guy. Paris Campbell didn't work out. Josh Allen's a completely different receiver than Paris Campbell. Paris Campbell needed space downs as not. He can catch contested catches, which is probably gonna get a lot of that from Anthony Richardson in his rookie year. So I think that he could be of value here, and I think I'm gonna just go ahead and he keeps falling. I know Deebro has him as a tight end too. I took Dalton Kinkaid. But just in case I want to back up with a veteran tight end, here, give me Darren Waller in this spot. He kind of fell. I got the steal alert here, FITZI. So Darren Waller was a steal. Then after I selected him, Chase Claypool, Russell Wilson, DPJ, and Kenny Pickett went and Shane is back on the clock.
Speaker 2: So I am again dipping in the rookie pool because we're that part of the draft where every player I'm looking at, if they hit, could I move them? Right? So let's just pick a couple of names on the board. If some of your smash p Ryan comes out and has a running back one week in week one, I don't think that's going to really move any needles. But if for she Rice were to go out and put up a wide receiver one or two week in his first few weeks, I think you could definitely move him for a better return.
Speaker 1: The history of the Chiefs having a nobody go off on week one has been pretty nice as well. Here recently, and Rashid Rice on a no one you know to us watching the college football but an unknown because he was just drafted after you took Rice will Levis, Kenneth Gainwell, brock perty Evan Ingram, Isaiah Hodgens, and fits is on the clock for two.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I have neglected the running back position long enough, and it looks like all the running back values with the rookies. So I'm gonna go with Rochean Johnson here. And as much as it pains me to draft a Chicago Bear, not really, I don't. I don't get like that with you know, drafting divisional rivals of my the loved Green Bay Packers. But yeah, I mean Roshan. I think it's going to be in the committee right away with Khalil Herbert and Deonta Foreman. And you know, we've talked about how like Well regarded he was in Austin, Texas as Beijon's backup, and how he's gonna surprise a lot of people in the NFL. So I like Rochean wouldn't be surprised if he took the head of the committee for too long. And then I'm gonna go with Chigo Konko with the second pick, get my second tight end there. And yeah, I mean Chig is smart, Chig is a nice had a really nice year last year, and you know Chig and Laporta, that's a pretty good young tight end combo.
Speaker 1: I think that's solid. After you took Chig, Eli, Mitchell, Matt Stafford, Zeke Jalen Warren, and Deontay Foreman go all ahead of Shane in the fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Round, Oh, I got a feeling that it's the computer is not going to be happy with me. But I'm taking Michael Meyer, uh my second tight end, just because he's too much value there to keep letting him fall.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great pick man to get Mayor at this spot. I think you're taking advantage. I think it's great. You guys both got great deals on tight ends. Maybe made me rethink my tight end strategy because I got Waller late here as well well, So maybe I'll rethink my tight end strategy a little bit. But after you took Mayor, Hunt, Zay Jones, Pierre Strong, Rashid Shaheed went, this leaves one of my favorite players on the board, and I'm weak at wide receiver, so give me. John Metchi kind of his rookie year, obviously coming off the cancer treatments last year, but looked healthy as in camp, and I had him ahead of a lot of other people last season in the wide receiver class. I thought he was up among those elite guys, so I think he's got a lot to prove now. And also, I'm gonna go with another rookie at running back. Give me Tank Bigsby, give me a guy that can handle twenty carries. Obviously Etn is the better talent there, but they got it between the tackles. Guy in Tank to pair with ETN, and I think he gets goal line carries, So I'll take Tank here. Cole Comet, Jayden Reed, Trey McBride, et cetera. Tillman all snapped up right before Shane in the fifteen.
Speaker 2: I don't appreciate either of you two now. I know you're technically not drafting right in front of me, right or behind me. In front of me, because there's there's machines in between us. There's a a ibots like Chatbot, Google Barker or whatever. But you guys keep sniping me. I was thinking about Tank and I thought he might fall back to me, so I didn't grab him. So I'm a little flustered, a little disappointed.
Speaker 1: Makes me feel good.
Speaker 2: Did Jayden Reid go to Jayden Reid went two picks before. I mean, I mean, everything's just going.
Speaker 1: Downhill for the struggle Bus.
Speaker 2: I felt in control of this draft. Now it's all falling apart in there. Oh Jesus, fifteen.
Speaker 1: Good news is you have ten seconds to pick.
Speaker 2: So right, I'm going to take Where do you go? There? He is Jalen Hyatt. Sorry, computer, don't yell.
Speaker 1: At Oh that's that's a great pick. I was a bitting between him and Josh Downs when I picked earlier. So I really like that pick. I think that's a solid one. He could be the number one for the Giants. I mean, he could be the number four, but there's also within the realman possibility he could be the number one. So great pick in the fifteen round of Hyatt, Tyler, Boyd, One Johnson, Curtis, Samuel Mack Jones, and Cheryld Everett all go after and fits is on the clock for fifteen and sixteenth round picks.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm going to start with Chase Brown, another rookie running back, and you know, like carried a big load for Illinois last year, averaged like twenty seven carries a game. And if the Bengals are indeed disenchanted with Joe Mixon as it has been rumored. Maybe it's not inconceivable that Chase Brown hinds up as the lead guy there earlier than we expect. Perhaps so you didn't have a great senior ball. But he's fast, he can carry a big load, and he's going to be dropped right into a really good offense. So he's going to be one pick and boy, then I'm really struggling with the second. There's just no value here anywhere. Don't like any of these running backs at all. Got to maybe get another wide receiver here. Oh not a tank Tel all right, I'm gonna like Boggs. I'm just gonna go with a guy like Okay, Khalil Shakir.
Speaker 1: Ah, I like it. Khalil Shakir definitely one of the winners post draft. A lot of mocks had the Bills taking a wide receiver early. They didn't, so it looks like Shakiir is gonna get a shot at that slot role. So Shakir goes to Fitzi, the Noah Fant, Sean Tucker, samaj p Ryan who upsets me because he was number one in my cue, Dawson Knox, and Raheem Moster go ahead of Shane in the What are we in the sixteenth round? Here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're getting lated, it's getting late early. I'm gonna go with another running back rookie as well, Zachary Evans. No idea of his full name is Zachary, but to me it will always be Zachary Evans. Look, we're not even six months removed, maybe more than six months removed from cam Akers being like asked to leave the team, and no one's wanting him, So who knows what's gonna happen there?
Speaker 1: I mean, and that is it's a strategy pick, and it's a smart pick too. I think zach Evan is going to be a better pro than he was in college as well, So solid pick there after you picked Evan's another rookie running back at Maanakanada from the Jets, goes than Michael Carter, Jimmy g and mikea SICKI all gone for me. I'm gonna take I'm gonna take at least one wide out. I'm debating on which Carolina white out I want. I guess I'll take Chark because he's a little younger than I mean, who's not younger than Adam Thielen in the NFL. And then I'm with fits here. I am on the struggle bus. I do not see a ton of value. It's even gone at quarterback and I already have too many, so I guess I'll reach back at wide receiver. I don't want to invest in too many rookies here. I feel a little over invested already. I'll take a shot on Mikole Hardman jelling with Aaron Rodgers in New York, and I'll just throw a dart on it here close to the end and see what we get after I went Shark and Hardman. Then it went Desmond Ritter, Clyde Edwards, Hilaire Hendon, Hooker, and Sam Howe and Shane is back up in the seventeenth round.
Speaker 2: This is usually when I'm not gonna lie you. I usually checked out, and just as soon as the notification comes on the email, I just picked like whatever player's first at the top, which is not a particularly good strategy. So let's put a little thought into it. We're gonna go someone that again can gain value and I can quickly flip them hopefully whatever I'll take Jeff Wilson.
Speaker 1: All right, so take it. Jeff Wilson Junior on you know, maybe he starts out hot. I like it. Shane, then Baker Mayfield, Tyler Huntley, Ryan Tannehill, Trey Palmer is a mere white and that puts fits on the clock at seventeen and eighteen.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna throw a dart at another rookie running back, this time with Evan Hull, you know, favorite of Derek Brown and Thorne Eistrom. Yeah, he catches passes. I mean he led FBS in receptions by running back last year, so that's his role. And you know, we know dynasty leagues are PPR leagues, so the pass catching running backs do have value, even if he is going to be playing behind Jonathan Taylor. So I'm going to go with him. And then, man, I want to get one more wide out here with my last pick. And boy, there's some rookies here, but like Kaishun Booty might not even make the team being a sixth round pick. As intrigued as I am by him, Michael Wilson is so injury prone. Tank Dell is just too small, even though I know Thor loves him. I'm gonna go with Taekwon Thornton, who I thought actually flashed you know, in spots last year for the Patriots, and you know, had a little bit of draft capital behind him. So taekwon Thornton to close it out.
Speaker 1: Taekwon Thornton getting some speed from the Patriots, Malik Willis, Zach Will too to out well, Jamis Winston and Alan Lazar all go before Shane's last pick.
Speaker 2: Somehow I got sniped in the eighteenth round. I was really looking for Alanlizard and Aaron Rodgers the one week that I was going to start Aaron Rodgers this year. But since the system did me dirty like that, I am going to take Tank Dell because well he has a fun name. So if he pops it all people will be all over it and trying to buy Tank from you, and I'll flip him for a couple thirds and I'll be happy.
Speaker 1: Also, just the most ironic name at whatever. He is, one hundred and sixty pounds soaking wet, you know, Tank is funny for me. I'll go with Jerome Fords and see as a direct backup to Nick Chubb. Now, so maybe we'll see I did not grade well here, guys. I didn't get a good grade I bet you I'm gonna like my own draft here. I am correct. I finished last place, Fits eleventh, Shane ninth here in the mud, so uh, not predicting well for us, But I don't know. Fits. Give us a rundown of your team here and tell us do you like your team more than the system?
Speaker 3: Does? I do? You know? Like dynasty startups are always interesting in like it always depends on your objective. So typically, you know, I'm not in win now mode, and you know I'm trying to build something and focusing heavily on youth, and you know, I like it. I think I've got a good group of quarterbacks with Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields and Kyler Murray and quarterbacks. Having that loaded a quarterback group in super flex, like you're always gonna have leverage to trade, and you know you could get a king's ransom trading away Trevor Lawrence, and you know, like I, I have a lot of youth pretty much everywhere else. I'm just like I'm banking on this rookie class. I'm banking on young players all over the place. So we'll see, I'm definitely not gonna win it in twenty twenty three with this team, but maybe twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Shane, when you look at your team, what do you like about it? What are you kind of nervous about? It looks like you didn't take running back until round eight, so I'm sure that's probably what you're the most nervous about here, right.
Speaker 2: No, that's right in my wheelhouse. I'd love it if I could have gone longer. I'm kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't wait longer. I'm going to disagree with my draft grade. I'm going to give myself a solid B with Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson. Dude to superflex start nine. I'm not great with math two in the nine is like at least more than twenty percent, though twenty percent of my roster is just amazing right off the bat. Love the wide receivers. Stefan Diggs went a little young with Jackson Smith and Jigbo that could go sideways. So I think that's what the computer's a little worried about.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The scoring I got is I got a lot of rookies and key spots that could really sing me. If jack and Jackson Smith and Jigba Kendre Miller don't work out well, then things are a little a little dicey for me. But this computer doesn't know how well I trade, so.
Speaker 1: Oh of course, yeah, yeah, they don't know. They don't know how Shane's gonna trade. But before the season starts, hey, look, you know, overall the rankings did not like my strategy. But I gave myself a ninety five out of one hundred here, so it looks like I'm drafting well off my own board anyway. You know, if I'm gonna pat myself on the back, I like this team. It's a little more youth heavy than I typically like my teams to be. I have a lot of young players and rookies here, which is not some you know, Pat knows it's not a strategy I usually go for. I went with you know, the veterans, with Pollard and Henry and obviously Pat mahomes as a number one overall pick here. But you know, I took Bryce Young, I took Richardsonative Jamis and Williams Kincaide, sharbon ay Mechi hasn't seen the field before, Josh Downs, Ty j Spears, Tank Bigsby. I feel like the rookies fell into my lap in a couple spots here, and maybe we're a little bit rookie obsessed here, but I like this. I like the way my team turned out.
Speaker 3: Let me ask Shane since we have him here, and you know, I think I know the answer because I played a draft with Shane. But for people who do not play in Dynasty leagues with Shane Manila, which I think leaves like twelve people in the United States to Shanes and like seven hundred thousand leagues. But what's your preferred startup strategy? Shane, like Bogman, is kind of a short window guy. Like he generally as a shorter timeframe on what he looks at in Dynasty than I do. I'm a little bit more of a builder. I'm not super patient. Usually don't go the productive struggle route in my startups, but usually aim for, like, you know, an ETA of year two or year three. What about you, what is your preferred way to go into.
Speaker 2: Start I don't I don't want to say I'm gonna let the season play out and see what happens. But you know, look, I'll build through the quarterback obviously. In super flex super flex drafts, I'll go out of my way and sell out to get back into the first round and get two elite quarterbacks. So you know, if this would be a build that I absolutely wouldn't be that uncommon for me. It's just how we got there was uncommon. The Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson, those are guys that, like I would move back into the first for it up until probably about one oh nine one eight with Jamar Jefferson and just uh excuse me, Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase pushing a couple quarterbacks back, That's what I like doing. And then just hammer young wide receivers like guys like Chris Olave that you know that hurt I love that picket three oh three for Team three, love that name too. But like in Chris Olave, Errett Wilson, Drake London, just guys that you know they're going to be as sending assets whether I hold them on my team or if I can later split the asset if I need to, because maybe I'm a little thin elsewhere if I trade it, and especially back to the first round. So that's what I like doing. And then yeah, just going running back late and then just getting a bunch of them, just loading up on as many running back guys just to have them on my roster as I can.
Speaker 1: I think that's so smart, and that's what I say in super flex. You know, there's still a finite amount. And if everybody in your league in a twelve man needs three quarterbacks to survive week to week, that's thirty six. It doesn't add up to enough. So if they're falling in your draft, even if they are ones that you don't particularly like, but you know that they're starters, and you know they are a couple two or three rounds you're sitting without a desperate need, snap one up and trade them for someone you probably should have taken four or five rounds earlier. But when a quarterback goes down or loses their job, or however it should be, you are holding gold in your hand. Now you have an asset that everybody wants, and now it's a bidding war. So I'm telling you be like hoarders, you know, pick up those qbs, get them off the wire. If someone pops up with the job, even if you don't need one, snap them up for cheap, trade them for a pick. You know, so that that is just absolutely what you said at the top, Shane, you know, get back into the first to take two qbs, take them back to back. I don't mind it. I love it. And that's what I did too, just at a different spot. I was at one, so I took my homes and then Richardson fell back to me and I snapped him up there as well. But anything else fits, anything else from the first super Flex Dynasty mock that that we were able to do this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think so. I mean, obviously, I think the three of us appreciated the rookies maybe a little bit more than you know, our computer adversaries in this draft, So we're all pretty rookie heavy, and it's not that, you know, I kind of know how I feel about this class. I know Shane's maybe not super wild about it either. I mean, are you guys kind of surprised you wound up with as many rookies as you did?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not, because the rookies that I ended up with, for the most part, are the ones I like out of this class. Obviously I didn't get them all, but I'm fine with this class. And super Flex drafts throw about one nine, one ten, before I go oh that that disappeared quickly, you know, up until we get to the point where I'm like, well it's a dalton Kin cater Devin a chain. After that, I'm like, oh, this this doesn't this isn't great. But up until then, I'm completely fine. Look, the wide receivers all got the draft capital we needed. We got three quarterbacks in the first round. We got a tight end in the first round just for fun, and two running backs. Like it's nineteen eighty six or.
Speaker 3: Something out here. So I actually liked to.
Speaker 2: Place a little more than I thought I would pre draft.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. Uh, And I also, well, actually I feel like I like. I feel like I like the rookie class more after. Like for the draft, I hated it for some of the landing spots. Now when I look at it, you know, Sharpernay is not gonna not get used. He's obviously gonna get used a bunch in Seattle. This team, you know, a couple of years ago, was the number one rushing team in the NFL, and it would not be shocking to see them get in the mix. I mean, I don't think anyone's passing Atlanta, but you know, we'll see where they get. But yeah, I think we took rookies here because they fell. And I think I think the more mocks that we do, the more rankings that we get in the system, the more updates that we get, I think they're gonna rise up the boards, especially with rookie mini camps and all that stuff coming up as well. We get more and more news, we get more and more buzzed, they're just gonna start rise. And remember Damian Pierce last year at this time was a guy you taken like the fifteenth or sixteenth round, and now you know, before the season started he was up to like the fifth or six round because it was pretty clear that he was going to be the starter. So many situations like that will happen in rookie mini camp and and all that kind of stuff as the offseason goes and as we get more mock drafts in here. But this was the first one. We'll have another one probably in about a month or so, FITZI, I know it's coming up eventually, but yeah, we're gonna have another one a little deeper in the season. But this one was fun and we will wrap it up here. But anything else, anything else, any of the nuggets, any other notes, anything else that you want to add fits.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, just always great to have Shane on. Shane is, you know, one of our favorite guests here always welcome back to the Dynasty podcast here at Fantasy Pro. So good if Shane aboard and yeah, this was a lot of fun. And we are doing another one and I can't remember if it's three or four weeks, but you know, we'll do one more Dynasty startup mock for summer.
Speaker 1: Hits at Shane is the worst on the twitter, Shane, what are you doing right now? What do you got coming up? Where can we find all your stuff?
Speaker 2: H every Tuesday night streaming live Dynasty Trades and five on the YouTube and some other various places that it goes out to. I don't know where, a couple of Russian sites, but I don't know anything about that, all right, um, and then Dynasty Trades, HQ podcast and for now still Fantasy Intervention on Wednesday nights. Hey Chase, and I think thank you guys for having me on.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: And I think your next Superflex mock draft startup drift should be twelve human beings.
Speaker 1: As we're gonna try to work. We're trying, We're trying to get there. We'll see that. That's one opinion for twelve human beings. We will see. But that is it for us at fits, Underscore, ff app, Bogmansports on the Twitter, and we'll see you guys next week. Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros