Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football Podcast. I'm your host, Scott Bogman. Follow me on the Twitter at Bogman Sports. I'm joined as always by Pat. That's Morris at FITS Underscore ff FITSI doing a three round rookie mock.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: It's going to look a little different than the past ones that we've done now that we have landing spots.
Speaker 3: Yes, very excited.
Speaker 4: We get some variants here and you know, get to work in the landing spots and see how that influences things.
Speaker 3: So yes, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to join us.
Speaker 2: From High Floor Fantasy Football. It is j rsch follow him on the Twitter at j R A R S H T U and Jay. Welcome and thank you for coming on. And how excited are you about the rookie class and you know, we finally got landing spots after all this lead up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you guys for having me. I appreciate it. It's great to be here. And yeah, man, I mean it's the culmination of a lot of predictions, a lot of you know, guessing, and I like the landing spot. I mean, I think, I think I like the landing spots for a few different positions more than others, and I think that's, you know, maybe something we can all agree on. But I'm excited. I'm excited to get it started.
Speaker 2: I feel like Bjeon died for the rest of the running back sins here. You know, Bjeon ends up in the best spot that we could possibly imagine for a first round running back, and then the rest are kind of you know, they're not terrible spots. I mean, every place is a committee anymore, but I like the wide receivers in the tight ends had some really good landing spots and QB needy teams for the qbs. So the running back's not so great, but everything else was pretty solid. So yeah, it's going to be three rounds now fits. I decided that the guest goes first, you go second, I go third.
Speaker 1: As usual.
Speaker 2: The next one, I'll go first because I know you want to see me take Bjeon at some point here, and I will. I promise that I'll take Bjon pretty quickly here. But before we dive in and start the draft here, I just got to tell you guys about the twenty twenty three Dynasty draftkit at Fantasypros dot Com slash Dynasty. Get ahead of the competition with it expert rankings, trade advice, combine coverage, dynasty rookie profiles, position primers, and more. You have everything you need to dominate your draft for free. FRA Upgrading at Premium unlocks even more draft strategy content in our draftkit, along with access to our discord which fits and I are on most Fridays at five Eastern. Please check that out, which allows you to directly interact with our analysts. Unlock the secrets to crushing your Dynasty draft with our Dynasty Draftkit today at Fantasypros dot Com slash Dynasty. All right, so let's just get into it here guys, and we'll talk about these guys as we move on here. But Jay, you are up in a superflex. I guess the question is is it still bijon and superflex or is it a quarterback?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, thanks for giving me the first pick. I want to have to get you too spicy off the bat. There aren't two players that I would consider here. It would be Jon Robinson of course, and Anthony Richardson I do think is in consideration, but like I said, not going to get too spicy. At the first pick, I'm going to take Jon Robinson and and like you alluded to, you know, I mean, he he did land in a good spot in my opinion. You know, Atlanta does like to run the rock, goes in the top ten, which we love. You know, the draft capital for him as a running back going there and uh, you know, interested to see what they're gonna do. I'm surprised that, you know, Atlanta didn't make any improvements at the quarterback position. But I do think it's a good spot for Jon and I think that he still should be the one oh one, although Anthony Richardson got closer than he was prior to the draft.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I think so too.
Speaker 2: Fitz is going to be up here for the second pick. But it's still Bejon one point one no matter the format, right Fitz?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: And but can I push back at something you said, Bogs, sure please? You said Atlanta is maybe the optimal landing spot for Bjon Robinson, Like I'm not so.
Speaker 3: Sure about that. I mean, I like it.
Speaker 4: We know that Arthur Smith is fully committed to the running game, like I mean, almost too a fault. And you know, but like the one thing that kind of concerns me with Desmond Ridder at quarterback, I mean, Bijon is gonna be facing a loaded boxes like typical you know, eight man fronts. I think, like, because who's gonna be more concerned about Desmond Ridder beating a defense over the top than they are about Bijon, like you know, running all over the place against you. So like that part of it concerns me a little, you know. And I suppose though the counter argument is that at least Ritter is mobile, and we know that mobile quarterbacks generally help with running back efficiency. Like I guess I can't be too depressed about like Bijon facing eight man fronts when like Jonathan Taylor with Anthony Richardson, I mean he's going to face a lot of eight man fronts too, But man, with Anthony Richardson's mobility and like freezing those linebackers for a split second, Like I wouldn't be surprised if if Jonathan Taylor just goes berserk this year.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I understand that, and you know it's for me, it's it's a great landing spot because the running the running backs had the second most carries in the NFL last year out of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but you never you never know about.
Speaker 2: Like you know, Arthur Smith has we hate him for fantasy because Kyle Pitts has done nothing. Drake London has done nothing. So don't you better not ruin Bijeon? You'll have an uprising Arthur Smith. Yeah, that's that's really the thing. But and also remember what Frank Reich did to Jonathan Taylor his rookie year. We saw way too much nahem hinz. So there's the possibility we see way too much Tyler als here with Bjeon Robinson in the backfield as well. So yeah, we can poke holes and all of them, but for the most part, you like the high volume.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real quick, Bogs, let me ask our guests. Since Jay is an Eagles fan, like Jay were you were you kind of wishing that Bejon.
Speaker 3: Might land in Philly.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know you don't have much to complain about as far as how the draft shook out for Eagles fans, but you know, we're you was some small part of you wishing that Bijon was going to be wearing green?
Speaker 5: Oh sure, I mean I tried to not let myself get there throughout the whole draft process, because you know, the discourse was, you know, it would make sense. It ten seemed like almost the you know, the latest that he would go essentially to many at the same time, you know the Howie Roseman narratives of not taking the running backs that early. So I tried to not let myself get there. As the draft got closer and closer, it started to seem more likely. And yeah, of course, I mean I was dreaming about Beijon and Green and I think it would have been a great spot. But you know, we got the consolation prize of getting DeAndre Swift on day three.
Speaker 2: So yeah, poor Eagles only landed with DeAndre Swift and Jalen Carter. So yeah, you guys are doing okay. It's a year up for a pick. Twoon is gone. Who are you taking?
Speaker 3: All right? Jay hated at it.
Speaker 4: Anthony Richardson at one O two and Boggs, I know he's your He's been your top quarterback all along. In the process, I've been a little slower to come around to it, and it was going to maybe depend on the landing spot for me. But the more I've heard about Richardson and the more like Matt Waldman sort of.
Speaker 3: Sold us on him and just you know, drilling.
Speaker 4: Home the point that why are maybe Anthony Richardson doesn't have a lot of game experience, like he is not, you know, an unsophisticated player when it comes to processing, pocket management, uh, whiteboard expertise and all that stuff. So yeah, really excited about him, and just because he could be another you know quarterback who has the sort of running impact that we've seen from Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen and and then you know, just on top of it, fields and a great arm to boot. And yes, he's gonna need refinement, but you know he's capable of getting there. And man, if the passing clicks for him the way it did for Jalen Hurts last year, look out man sky is the limit. So yeah, with the upside, you have to go with Anthony Richardson a one oh two.
Speaker 2: I believe Yeah, Jay, for me, I've been saying, you know, all the quarterbacks have a yeah, but in this draft it's you know Bryce Young, Yeah, but his size so you just shaw, Yeah, but his you know, the talent that he had around him was very good vanilla offense and those that score that cognition test was real bad. With Richardson, it's yeah, but inexperience. But I mean, most athletic quarterback ever in the history of the draft, according to RAS score. So yeah, I'll take the upside. I think that's the right play, taking Richardson it too. Is that what you'd do as well?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely agree taking Richardsonnett too. And like you said, I mean, there are, you know, reasons to be skeptical of all three of these quarterbacks, but you know, we like to talk about it in fantasy with the rushing upside and the rushing floor. You know that it ultimately gives you and I you know, I actually think Anthony Richardson is the best surrounding cast in his offense as well, you know, as Michael Pittman, Jonathan Taylor, Alec Pearce, Shane Steichen, who you know just came from coaching Jalen Hurts as well. So a good plan to develop them hopefully and then some weapons around him to start.
Speaker 2: For pick number three, I'm up, I'm going to take Bryce Young, the quarterback from Carolina. You know, I would consider non quarterback options here if you're a team that has quarterbacks and you're desperate for a wide receiver or running back. Addison or Gibbs would be okay, but the quarterbacks, especially the guys that are going to start immediately, are worth more for you. So it might be worth your time to just take the quarterback, even if you don't need them and ended up trading them for a better asset than what you would have gotten in the draft, or more assets if you're rebuilding something like that. So for me, I'm gonna go ahead and snap up Bryce Young quarterback for Carolina. He should be there for a long time to come. I know the size is a question.
Speaker 1: CJ. Stroud has questions as well.
Speaker 2: Richardson has questions as well, But I'm just gonna take one of the better QB prospects I've seen despite his size coming out. So I'm happy to get Young at three. Is this a snap decision for you fits here at three? Would you also take Young or Stroud orquarterback or would you maybe go to a position player instead.
Speaker 4: I just sort of flip flop on this, and I had Stroud ahead of Young just because I do have concerns about the size. But I just moved Young back ahead and part of it is just that he I think he's in a better landing spot. I think he's got more to work with in Carolina and just the fact that his floor is so high, and I think he's going to maximize his potential pretty quickly. Like the rookie year might be a little off, but I think by year two he's going to be a pretty fully formed NFL player and close to like, you know, close to his best.
Speaker 3: I think by year two.
Speaker 2: Jay, do you agree keep quarterbacks in the spot or is there a position player you like here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are a few position players I like, but in a vacuum. I mean, I do think you have to go quarterbacks still, And it's tough for me because, really, really, really I don't love CJ. Stroud's landing spot where he ended up in Houston. I don't love that they traded their twenty four first round pick as well to go up and get Will Anderson. You know, takes away some AMMO for them to add some talent around c J. Stroud and Houston hasn't been the most functional organization these past couple of years either, And I don't love the weapons around c J. Stroud. I don't think his ceiling is necessarily that high in fantasy. But you know, we're wrong about this stuff sometimes. I mean, some people were in as high on Justin Herbert when he came in for you know, some different reasons as well. And I think that you know, like you said, the quarterback is going to hold value a little bit longer in dynasty, I mean a lot longer in most situations. And so don't love the landing spot, don't love the player as much as Bryce Young or Anthony Richardson, but I do still think quarterback is the pick at at.
Speaker 1: One O four all right, So CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud going fourth overall to Jay This is where the draft kind of starts for me. Fits you're at five. I think the top four are kind of cut and paste. What are you doing at number five?
Speaker 3: Did did Jay officially go with Stroud?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah? At four?
Speaker 3: All right? Yeah, So now I'm going to go with Jumior Gibbs.
Speaker 4: And he wasn't this high for me pre draft, but you know, we saw the enthusiasm with the Lions taking him much earlier than we expected him to come off the board. I mean, we thought he was going to be kind of a borderline first rounder. The Lion's taking him and then immediately trading DeAndre Swift. Maybe not immediately, but a couple days later. That really gives a nice runway here to instant fantasy relevance. Yes, David Montgomery is going to play a lot on early downs, but I don't think we want Gibbs at one hundred and ninety nine pounds to necessarily be a workhorse. I think we're looking for something more like early career Alvin Kamara usage where he gets, you know, around one hundred targets and maybe fewer than two hundred carries. So he's not getting work to death like as a smaller back, but he's getting those high value opportunities as a pass catcher. And you know that's what you want to do with Gibbs, get him in space. I like the landing spot. I think Ben Johnson is going to know what to do with him. I think we know that Jared Goff, you know, has no compunction about dumping off to his running backs. So I really do like the spot for Gibbs. Yeah, the track record for sub two hundred pound running backs is not great, but you know you've got one hundred and ninety nine pound guys so that almost seems like kind of an arbitrary He'll be fine, but exactly, you know, do that, put on a few pounds and we're fine.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Give him some sandwiches, he's gonna be okay. You know, Jay, this is kind of where it opens up. Are you Is Gibbs your guy too? I think he's most RB two on most boards. I know some people like Sharbonay, some people like, I'm an Addison guy here, but well, what do you think about this pick of Gibbs here?
Speaker 5: For me, it's between Gibbs and Jackson Smith and Jig personally. But I do think that you know, the investment that the Lions made and acquired or in Jamier Gibbs, and how just how excited they were when they made the pick, and how they've been afterwards. I mean, they could have picked pije On at six and they chose to, you know, trade back and pick Jamiir Gibbs, which is a pretty heavy endorsement of how they feel about the player. We all have, you know PTSD of how you know DeAndre Swift was used in Detroit at the same time he was a second round pick. Jamier Gibbs was a top fifteen pick, so I do think he's going to be an instant producer there, and you know you alluded to it early in the show too. I mean, most of these backfield are split. Nobody's getting one hundred percent of the workload. So if he's getting those high value touches, I think that, you know, he's a good investment there.
Speaker 2: Hey, you want, like Fitz said, you want ten to fifteen, and you hope he hits the home run so or maybe gets in the ends on some other way. I mean, and he's going to catch some passes too, because he can really run routes and catch the ball. So a lot of fun to watch. I'm going to go with Jordan Addison at pick number six. You know, it seems to me that wide receiver one is split between JSN and Addison. I don't really have like a crazy strong preference in terms of the talent between these two, But for me, I'll take the Minnesota offense and what Kevin O'Connell has done with you know, guys like Cup and Robert Woods, who were both you know, obviously super talented, but he kind of unlocked the talent We've seen Justin Jefferson be amazing in the number one pick in Dynasty.
Speaker 1: In most cases, T J.
Speaker 2: Hawkinson is eating up coverage over the middle, So I'm excited to see what they do a team that is likely to cut Dalvin Cook. It has not happened yet, but I think we're gonna see more passing out of this team than we ever had before. In Addison's going to be a big part of it. So I'm gonna go ahead and snap him up at pick number six. I'm guessing I know who Jay is going to take a number seven.
Speaker 1: Who's that gonna be? Shack?
Speaker 5: I am going to take Jackin Smith a jig by the wide receiver from from Ohio State going to Seattle. But I don't hate the Jordan Addison pick going ahead of him either. I think it is a debate that you know, is worth having. I don't dislike Jacksons with a jig was landing spot as much as it feels like some people do. I think Seattle's, you know, a good organization. He still went off the board as the first receiver in the draft at pick twenty, and you know, Tyler Lockett's going on either he is thirty one or he's going on thirty one by the end of the season. I think this is you know, he's going to be the predecessor to Tyler Lockett, and he also fits. I've been kind of thinking about it like a puzzle piece. You know. It's like he fits perfectly into that offense. He doesn't really play the same position as DK Metcalf and not as much. Tyler Lockett goes in the slot sometimes, but Jaysen's going to fit into his own role there. I think he's going to, you know, be playing immediately and we're talking about dynasty. I think for the future, you know, he's in a good spot to succeed.
Speaker 2: At one two punch of you know, Metcalf and JSN. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch in Seattle for years to come.
Speaker 1: Here Fits. Is this kind of the the next tier for you? Is it Gibbs and then these two wide outs or is it does it expand beyond that?
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 4: You know, I've got all these first round wide receivers sort of bunched together, and it's it's interesting because I think Addison definitely had the most favorable landing spot of the first round wide receivers, and that maybe does narrow the gap between you know, I had sort of a pre draft gap between JSN and the rest of the guys, and I think that gap narrowed a little bit, at least the gap between JSN and Addison did.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's a close call.
Speaker 4: I mean, I probably would have taken JSN over Addison, but I can't really blame you for going Addison.
Speaker 3: And now here at one oh eight.
Speaker 4: I find it's sort of a difficult decision between say Flowers and Quinton Johnston the other two first round guys, and I'm gonna go with Flowers. I just I think I like his landing spot a little more because I think he's got a quicker path to instant relevance, Like it might take an injury in year one for Quinton Johnston to be relevant. Like I do think he can push his way past Josh Poller on the depth chart, but he's not getting past Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. Although I realized, like with Keenan Allen's contract, he might be spending his last year with the Charters. We don't know what the future holds for Mike Williams. How much longer he's gonna be with the team. So you know, if Quentin Johnston is what they hope he's gonna be, he might be the.
Speaker 3: Top dog there before long, but not in year one.
Speaker 4: And you know, Flowers, we know the Ravens have been pretty run heavy, although maybe they get a little less run heavy with Todd Monkin is the new offensive coordinator, but I would expect that they're still gonna be run heavier than average. Still, though, why couldn't Zay Flowers at least be as good as as Marquise Brown was with the Ravens and Boggs. You know, I think Marquis Brown is maybe a little bit overrated, and we've kind of debated that on.
Speaker 3: This show before. So I think Flowers could be like a Marquis Brown.
Speaker 4: Plus, like, I think he's going to be a better player than Hollywood and so I'm kind of excited about him here. And uh, you know, yeah, Odell's there, Bate Bateman's there, but uh, you know, what are the odds of both of those guys healthy all year?
Speaker 3: Probably not great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's almost like, are the Ravens a curse for wide receivers? It feels like recently it's been it's been pretty bad in terms of the guys landing there. We got excited about Devin Duvernet because the Ravens works, like you talk about, you know, a draft room that was going crazy. Harball was going nuts when they got him. And then they spent the first round pick on Bateman and it hasn't worked. And now they signed OBJ and they have Z. I think the good news for Z though and the Ravens offense for wide receivers is Todd Monkin coming in the offensive coordinator at Georgia coming in this this offense should change. They should throw the ball more and they would obviously be a beneficiary to that. So difficult pick here, probably the hardest that we've had so far. Uh to to go ahead and end up snagging Z. But that that's gonna put oh man, that puts me back on the clock.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna zig when we Zach first. Let me hit you up, Jay here. What do you think about this pick is? Would they have been your guy here? Would you have gone somewhere different?
Speaker 5: They would have been my guy as well at A I think you guys brought up you know a lot of good points about it, and you know, the change in philosophy might have you know, this might be evidence of that. You know, they went back to wide receiver in the first round, which is something I feel like we wanted the Ravens to do over time, and now they've continued to do it. You know, they took with Sean Bateman a few years back, like you mentioned Za Flowers, they invested in Nodell Beckham. So I do think that the philosophy is changing in Baltimore a little bit. Like Fitz said, I think that, you know, they might be a little bit more run heavy than others, but less run heavy than they have been in the past. So yeah, I like the Zay Flowers pick there.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go ahead and zig with pick number nine.
Speaker 2: In the first round, I take Dalton Kinkaid, the tight end out of Utah going to Buffalo. And I don't feel like I was as enthusiastic about Kinkaid. Definitely not as our buddy Deebro. I mean, Debro is good, you know, comping him to Travis Kelcey and stuff like that. He's very, very excited about Dalton Kincaid. I'm not that excited, but I love this landing spot in Buffalo because they didn't at another wide receiver, and this is a pass first offense that you know, Josh Allen is going to find a safety blank in Dalton Kincaid, and I'm very excited for him. It's a tough transition for tight ends to come in the NFL and produce right away, so we do have that. I know this is a little bit of a riskier pick, but you see what a good tight end can do for your team. It can be a difference maker week in and week out, and I think Kinkaid, especially in this offense, has a chance to be one of the better tight ends in the league eventually. So, Fitz, is this too early for Kincaid or is this kind of in the range of where he needs to go?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's okay. The chalk is probably Quentin Johnston, but I have no issues with Kincaid there because I think like he's one ten overall on my super flex board, So this is just a one spot bomb for him.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, and Jay, I leave you with the chance to take Quentin Johnson at ten. Are you getting a deal here or would you consider Kincaid as well?
Speaker 5: I'm going to take Quentin here. I do agree that Kincaid's in this range. I think, you know, good evidence of that too is that we all kind of were mocking Buffalo to take a wide receiver, you know, whether it was in the first round or you know, later throughout the draft. Instead of doing that, they still added a pass catcher, and Dalton kincaidoo summer saying is just a you know, big slot receiver essentially. So I think he's going to get some some good volume early on in the Buffalo offense. But I am going to take Quintin Johnston here at the one ten. I was a little skeptical of him, you know, as a dynasty manager. I think coming in as a lot of us were you know, we haven't had great luck with some of the TCU guys in the past. I think he's kind of you know right below as a prospect some of you know, the top three that you are already off the board. But I actually liked the Chargers landing spot for him long term, Like you know Padded referenced earlier. It might not be immediate for him with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams there, but you know, getting attached to a guy like Justin Herbert who is going to be their long term and then getting the first round draft capital I think was good for him. I mean, he wasn't invited to the draft for some reason. The NFL didn't, you know, bite him to the draft thinking he might not go in the first and he got a pretty good spot there going going right at twenty one. So I'm going to take Quinn Johnson at one time?
Speaker 2: All right, So pick number eleven here FITSI another big turn. This is kind of we have the drop off of the top ten prospects. I think that's kind of a tier of its own. So now we go to eleven. Who's number eleven for you?
Speaker 1: Fits?
Speaker 3: It's Will Levis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's like this is not a fun pick to make, and it feels like Will Levis has become something of a dynasty pariah already at this, you know, before his career has even started. But I feel like we heard the same things about Josh Allen coming out, and like we forget that people made fun of how inaccurate Josh Allen was and people would post highlights of Josh Allen missing wide open receivers and practices and you know at Wyoming. But like we know, Levis does have the Josh Allen's starter kit, and even though he did fall out of the first round, the Titans traded up to get him in the second and so he is clearly their succession plan for Ryan Tannehill here, and since it appears the Titans aren't really going anywhere this year, that succession plan might be put into place sooner rather than later. So yeah, I mean, the early the early Will Levis experience is probably not going to be real pretty, but big arm fast, even if it's kind of straight line speed and not real elusiveness like Josh Allen or Jalen Hurts. But just the raw tools are impressive. And you know, he is Tennessee's quarterback of the future. So that's where we're going at one eleven. I mean, quarterbacks are the economy of super flex leagues, and you've got to pay heed to that.
Speaker 1: I think, I and that's really what it is.
Speaker 2: Even if he's not the starter to begin the season, I still think Will Levis is worth more than a lot of proper specs here, Jay, Because he's a quarterback, the position is limited. You can't get splits at the QB position, So there's thirty two, and even when there's thirty two, there's really like twenty seven or twenty six because there's a bunch of spots that aren't settled. So I think will Levis is a pretty solid pick here.
Speaker 5: I totally agree, and I could feel the tension in the room. You know, none of us wanted to take him there, Like PA said, you know, he's not a favorite of the Dynasty community right now, but he belongs there. You know, we're talking about taking a quarterback who went early second round, who you know they traded up for, could be the quarterback of the future over you know, some of these running backs that are you know, going to be in time shares probably initially, and they play a position of just less value in super Flex. So if will Levis does hit, you know, I mean, he's going to be an absolute steal when people are getting him in the back end of the first round.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be up next.
Speaker 2: But before I pick by now, most of you have heard, probably of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy teams like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it, It's time to see all the buzz in the dynasty community is about free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract in solid cap functionality, and much much more. Think it sounds complicated, it is not. The best thing about Reality Sports Reality Sports Online Fantasy front Office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is a platform to test your metal. Still not sure. You can test your general manager skills for free frbe in a mock. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy pros to receive a ten percent discount on your teamer league Today Fantasy just got real at Reality sportsonline dot Com. All right, last pick in the first for me, I'm gonna take Zach Charbona, the running back going to the Seattle Seahawks. Initially very upset about this pick because I'm a huge Ken Walker fan. Love ken Walker, don't like anyone eating into him. Also, Zach Scharbonay is bigger physically than ken Walker, so I'm assuming he's probably gonna get goal line work as well. But we know Pete Carroll. We saw many years of Lynch and Carson working in Seattle. I've calmed down a little bit since the draft happened, and I have kind of resigned myself to liking Zach Charbonay. I have him just over Levis in my ranking, so I was more than fine that Pat was forced to pull the trigger on Will Levis. I didn't want to do it, and he left me Zach Scharbonay, So I feel better about this. If you need a running back, he's still going to be used early and often, and if anything happens to Walker, he's going to have a big old lion share. So I'm happy with this pick. Here, Jay, your thoughts on Charbonay going to Seattle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, well, what a bummer on the day two of the draft when that pick was made. For the Dynasty community out there, it's been really interesting following, you know, the sharbon a trajectory because before the draftman he was going as early as you know, one o seven to one oh nine in some of these superflex drafts or mocks at that time, and you know he's still sliding into the first round. Like you said, I mean, he's a great safety blanket if anything does happen to Kenneth Walker. And I also think, you know, Seattle, we don't like that they invested in him there, but they did. They invested in him early in the second round, and I think they're gonna find some sort of way to use them both, which might not be great for some of the receivers that were excited about there, I guess, but uh, you know, Seattle does what they do, and they invested in another second round running back, So I think Sharbon is a good pick there as well.
Speaker 1: Is sharbonn Ay the pick for you after Will Levis.
Speaker 4: Fits No, I'll tell you when that players eventually picked. But yeah, I mean, like, we hate the landing spot, no question about it, but I get why Seattle did it.
Speaker 3: Like in recent years they've.
Speaker 1: Seen for Seattle, they've.
Speaker 4: Seen they've seen Chris Carson and Rashad Penny go down, and like you a team that values the running game as much as the Seahawks do, you don't want to be left in the lurch without your lead running back and be put in a position where you've got Travis Homer DJ Dallas types trying to carry your running game. So I understand the investment at the position. We just don't have to like it as dynasty.
Speaker 1: Managers, and we don't.
Speaker 2: But let's let's move on the first pick in the second round, Jay, who you take in to pair with Bijeon as this number one pick here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to take a running back that I think was in contention for that one twelve pick with Charbone as well, and it's Kendra Miller for me. I think that you know, he went off the board as the fourth running back. You know, he was the second one on Day two, taken by the New Orleans Saints. And you know we're all expecting Alvin Kamarada, you know, faces suspension for you know, his off the field issues this past year. He's also going to be twenty eight before the season starts, so I mean it's a future plan for New Orleans whether he's suspended or not, and how long he suspended. And I liked Kendre Miller. I mean we didn't get to see too much of him throughout the draft process because he was dealing with some injuries. But you know, getting that sort of draft capital in the third round, going to a team where he could have immediate opportunity as well as you know, future opportunity based on the age of the guys ahead of him. I like Kendrey Miller there. He's actually my third running back in my rankings essentially, but you know, him and Zach Sharbon is a tough decision for me, but it is between those two, so I'm happy to get Kendrey Miller at the two O one.
Speaker 2: I'm not nearly as excited about Kendra Miller as you are, but I can tell you what makes you appreciate Kendra Miller is watching Max dug and play quarterback. You know, Max dugg In was rough in some of that film that you watch, obviously had big playmakers around him. But Kendrey Miller really kicked that offense off. And I just hate that Jamal Williams is there. I hate that the Kamara is still there. I hate that Williams and Miller kind of have the same skill set, which really aggravates me about Kendry Miller. I did not understand this draft pick by the Saints. I was actually more bummed out about this than Sharbon Ay going to Seattle to be honest, because I do like Hendry Miller.
Speaker 1: I just don't like this landing spot as much.
Speaker 2: But it's your thoughts on Miller, and then you're up to so we can see this mystery player is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Miller was my RB five, just behind Charbona and two behind the guy I'm gonna pick here devon a chain and you know, Bogs, I have been a devon a chain enthusiast throughout the pre draft process.
Speaker 3: Just love the guy at Texas A and M.
Speaker 4: And yes he is you know five eight one eighty eights or wait, five nine one eighty eight and known for his speed four point three to two. And this dude is like, you know, world class speed. I mean he can take take it to the house at any point. But like he's not just a little scat pack. I mean he averaged over twenty three touches a game for Texas A and M last year and almost twenty carries a game, and like he ran between the tackles and he's got like really good contact balance for smaller back. Kind of reminds me it worked on and I was enthused enthusiastic Bogs to hear Evan Silva of established the run on with our guy, Thorne Eystrom, the resident Fantasy pros, college football and NFL draft analysts dishing out AFC draft grades, and Evan was talking about how he is going to be, you know, overweight on Devon ah Chan and drafts this year. And a guy as smart as Evan giving that sort of endorsement to a Chane, you know, definitely warmed the cockles of my hearts. And I just I love the landing spot. A bunch of depressing running back landing spots, but a Chane was a good one. You know, goes to a guy Mike McDaniel who really values speed and is going to find with I mean, we saw Raheem Moster at Flourish when McDaniel was the running game coordinator in San Francisco. Another good year for Mostert last year. But Moster it's thirty one and gets hurt a lot, like a Chane is younger and has infinitely more juice than most are. So like, I think he's just going to fit this scheme perfectly. Can't wait to see how McDaniel deploys him, and you know, I'm excited to get him here.
Speaker 3: Early in the.
Speaker 2: Second Jay to me, a Chane moved up so much in the process because I was afraid of an undersize running back all the speed. Right, But there's a guy you give ten touches. If he goes to the wrong spot, he ends up being too two at well. Right, he's like a weapon that you never use. You're just never in position to give the rock to. But in Miami, where they split these guys up anyway, and they're forming a track team that could compete with Olympians with Wattle and Hill and a Chain, now I think it's like, okay, well, either early in the game you give the ball to Devon A Chane and if he breaks one off, you know, now you got safeties and linebackers creeping in a little bit. You're going over the top of Tyreek Hill. But if Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Wattle are working early, now the linebacker's safeties move back a step or two.
Speaker 1: Now you have a little more room to work with with Devon A.
Speaker 3: Chain.
Speaker 1: I love this pick for Miami.
Speaker 2: He moved up more than anybody else on my pre draft to post raft boards, and this is right where I would take him.
Speaker 1: This is in the range. So are you in on Devin ah Chain here totally.
Speaker 5: I think this is is the right range for him. And you know, for all the complaints we have about the running back landing spots, like you guys were saying, I mean, Chan going to Miami was the one we were all hoping for essentially, as they were going into day two they hadn't even picked yet, we were hoping that they were going to take a running back there as well. And yeah, I mean he's a great, like you said, big play threat as well as just like insurance policy for a guy like Raheem Mostert. I mean, if Marhee Moster misses any time, he fits right into that same role. And I think that Mike McDaniels Mike McDaniels very pleased to get a chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he only had four picks use one of them on a chain, so he had to have liked it. My pick here, I'm gonna go with Hendon Hooker and this is a quarterback from Tennessee going to Detroit.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of reasons for this.
Speaker 2: Are there players that I like more and Hendon Hooker that can produce for me today? Yes, of course, there's a lot of wide receivers, there's running backs, even though you know, Spears went to Tennessee. I think he'll produce more obviously for US. And Hendon Hooker coming off an ACL injury, swears up and down that he's gonna be ready for season.
Speaker 1: He ain't gonna be ready.
Speaker 2: He'll be ready about midway through the season. I don't I don't buy any of that. But this is a quarterback and a super flex draft that has the potential to start as early as next year for a very good team on offense. So Jared Goff has a lot to prove this year. So Hooker is an absolute gamble at this pick. I understand that. But there's no other qbs you want in this draft. So there's some you may take because you have to have a QB, but nobody else you want in my opinion, So I'm going to take Hooker here, maybe a little bit sooner than he should go. Jay, what do you think about Hendon Hooker? And is this a reach or is this right about where he needs to go.
Speaker 5: It's a little earlier than I would have taken him, but I think that the reasoning sound for why you did it, you know, and again we're going to you know, harp back to the same points about this being you know, super flex draft, and you know there's been some rumors about the Lions extending Jared Goff recently since the draft ended. Not really sure about that, but I do like the Hendon Hooker pick for them. For the Lions, I think that, you know, he could be the the future plan for them at the position in an offense that just seems to be getting more loaded and loaded every draft. So yeah, I like the Hendon Hooker pick. Like I said, little early for me, but I don't disagree with your reasoning for it.
Speaker 2: FITZI am i Jack Reacher. Here, am I Christina Ricci? Am I reaching a little too too early for Hendon Hooker.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't think so, Bogs. And I've got Hooker fourteenth overall for super flex. And this is from someone who doesn't really believe in Hooker that much, you know, And it's less about the age and the knee injury than just that he played in that simplified Josh Hypel offense that made things really easy and bisected the field for him, and like, you know, as easy an offense for a quarterback to play in as there probably is in college football. As you know, our guy Foror was talking about on this show. So yeah, I don't think, you know, there's a great percentage that he hits and becomes this reliable starter. But honestly, in this draft, I think the chance the hit rate plummets after about pick ten. So if you're gonna, you know, like go for if all these guys have low hit rates, do it at the high leverage position, you know, Like so, I mean, if he really hits, you know, they're they're running backs and receivers and tight ends around this portion of rookie drafts who you know, maybe you get a little bit better hit rate, but if they do hit, they're not gonna have this sort of impact a starting quarterback has, and the value that player hasn't superflex. So I'm totally on board with that sort of gamble here, even if I think it's less than a fifty to fifty chance Hooker pans out as an NFL starter.
Speaker 2: We're about to get real weird in this draft. It's gonna be fun to the end here. But before we move on, let me tell you guys to subscribe to the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel, where you can see our smiling faces. Comment below this video because when you do, you could win a free frua upgrade to Fantasy Pros Premium. Whether you're looking for custom mock draft, salary, cap tools, in depth analysis for your fantasy performance, Fantasy Pro Premium has the tools to help you win unlock the most powerful fantasy tools in the industry. Don't want to wait for the giveaway. Sign up today at fantasypros dot com, slash Premium and start playing smarter, not harder. Leave a comment, subscribe if you like the content, click the bell and you're gonna get updated on all of our latest podcast, live streams and short videos, So please.
Speaker 1: Check that out.
Speaker 2: Jay, you are up for pick number four in the second round, Miller h hen Hooker off the board.
Speaker 1: Who is going to be this fourth pick?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you said, we're about to get a little weird here. I guess I'm going to pick Jaden Reid as my pick here at the two of four. You is somebody, you know who I've listened to a lot of, you know, smarter people than myself prior to the draft, who really liked him all shout out you know, JJ zachar Reeson really liked him and said that he was you know, scoring really well on his model. I think we were all expecting the draft capital to be more like third fourth round. He went fiftieth overall to the Packers. Another fun stat about the Packers. It's just a quick one, but it's kind of pointless, but it's interesting. The Packers wide receivers they've taken in the second round since two thousand and six have been Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davonte Adams, Christian Watson, and Jayden Reid, which doesn't really have any legs to it, you know, there's no real correlation there, but Packers have done pretty well drafted wide receivers in the second round. And somebody who looked good in all those analytical models before the draft and then gets the draft capitol on top of it is somebody that I'm interested in. And the you know, wide receiver room in Green Bay is open outside of Christian Watson Romeo Dubbs. Potentially Jayden Reid could be playing immediately, and especially when they spent that high of a pick on him, I think they're going to want to get him on the field.
Speaker 1: Jay.
Speaker 2: My favorite part about this pick is you did at one spot in front of the Packers fan fits here. I love that that you sniped him here, Fitz, was that your pick here at the fifth pick in the second round?
Speaker 1: And what do you think about Jayden Reid going here?
Speaker 4: He wasn't going to be my pick, but I do think it's a very very intriguing pick. And I think this is maybe right around the spot in the draft where he should go in rookie drafts. Yeah, I mean this is a guy who really had some heat. Yeah, picked up a lot of momentum coming in. Yes, you know, smart analysts like JJ Zachareson we're all over Jane Reid and the Packers that they spent this sort of draft capital on him. We know that they had a need at wide receiver. I mean, he basically becomes the number three man in the wide receiver room that is Christian Watson, Romeo Dobbs, and a bunch of UDFA practice squad guys. So Jane Reid's immediately got an opening here. And you know, he is an intriguing prospect. So I'm I like the pick.
Speaker 2: Packers definitely drafted for that middle of the field versatility with the two tight ends the book as well as Jaden Reid. So all right, fits, you're up for pick five in the second round, who's it going to be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, two to five is going to be Sam Laporta.
Speaker 4: I don't want to let down Derek Brown and our own Thornye who absolutely love this guy and man, like we heard that he might be picked higher than was commonly believed and going early in the second round to the Lions, which I think is a pretty good landing spot, even if they were maybe a little bit guilty of underutilizing another Iowa tight end, TJ.
Speaker 3: Howkinson, who they traded away.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like Sammy ballgame, as Thor likes to call him is, he's just good man. And Iowa's offense was just garbage last year and Laporta was the one guy who, you know, his target shair was what around thirty percent in that offense, Like he was the only thing that worked in the Iowa passing game, in the entire Iowa offense. Really, So I think he's going to make a quick transition to the NFL, and I'm kind of excited about him. It's it's interesting that I think in every rookie draft, like where the tight ends go is going to be kind of a mystery, like they're going to start peeling off the board. I mean, Kincaid's gonna sneak into the first round in a lot of drafts, certainly every one QB draft. But where the other guys go is going to be really interesting because I think you can make a case for them, you know, early in the second, late in the second summer are going to fall into the third. So there's gonna be some variants in where the tight ends go in rookie drafts this year.
Speaker 2: And speaking of which, I have the next pick, and I'll I'll just tell you I'm gonna take Michael Mayer the tight end going to the Raiders, actually having a little bit ahead of Laporta, just because I do think that immediately from day one, Michael Mayer drops in and is the number one tight end for Vegas now that Darren Waller is off to the Giants in the trade before the draft, and this is just a dependable guy he's going to be on the field. You know, a lot of comparisons to Witt and Dalton Schultz. I think he's in between those guys. I don't think he's as good as Wit, and I don't think he's not. He's way more athletic than Dalton Schultz, so I think this is a good spot for him to land. Davante is obviously the number one Josh Shacobs heavy, but you give Jimmy g you gotta have give him some tight end town. He just had George Kittle, so you know, give him a safety blanket over the middle. And I like, Mayor, what do you think about those two tight end picks? And then you're up, Jay, what do you think of those? And then let us know who you want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I was. You know, it feels like I was sniped on both of those. They're both good picks. In terms of Michael Mayer, I really think that, you know, things have changed since the draft in terms of you know, he dropped a little bit further than we thought. I thought he was going to go in top twenty essentially with the chargers kind of being the floor there he dropped. He dropped a little bit further than we thought. At the same time, like you said, I think he landed in a spot where he is going to play immediately. Josh McDaniel's just used to utilizing the tight end. I mean, Jimmy Garoppolo with those short area targets there as well, should you know, fit with Michael Mayer and he's an all around tight end, so he's gonna he's gonna fit there. I think that was a good pick, and that's who I would have picked at this next pick, at one o seven, I'm gonna take sorry, two oh seven, I'm gonna take Jonathan Mingo off the board. You know, it feels like I'm chasing the draft capital right now with Mingo and then Jayden Reid. But at the same time, I felt like this pocket of wide receivers here, there were a lot of guys that were kind of in the same boat for me coming into the draft. Jonathan Mingo actually was not one of them, but he got picked, you know, surprisingly high. He went, what thirty ninth overall to the Carolina Panthers, and again a room where it's not wide open. But I mean it's Adam Thielen, it's DJ Shark, it's Jonathan Mingo, you know, Terris Marshall, you know, we'll see I think that Jonathan Mingo is kind of a replacement for that. You know, they haven't been, you know, too happy with what Terres Marshall Marshall has done Mingo's a versatile receiver, and again kind of going back to some people who are smarter than myself. I've seen Matt Harmon really you know, pumping him since he got drafted there with you know, actually his routree looks a little bit better. He's got good size, He's like six two two twenty versatile guy, and so hopefully he can pick up some chemistry with Bryce Young immediately and going early second was a great spot for him. So I like him here, take the risk.
Speaker 1: Seemed like a late riser there too. That's a solid pick.
Speaker 2: Let's finish out the second round and then we'll go back and talk about these picks. So fits at pick number eight in the second who would you take in this spot?
Speaker 4: I am going to go with Josh Downs here and like really close, He's close for me with Mango, tough call. I think Downs is maybe higher floor, lower ceiling than Mango. Is kind of the way I feel about that one. I just feel like there's a pretty good percentage that Downs becomes just this solid slot guy. I think he's kind of a Jamison Crowder plus.
Speaker 1: So I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like Crowder's not a guy whoever you know, lit it up for you in fantasy.
Speaker 3: But he was a pretty useful asset for quite a while. You know, maybe notoriously overdrafted, but you know, I think downs could be a little better, you know, and put up a little more more prolific numbers than Crowder did.
Speaker 4: But I think there's a good chance though that he becomes fantasy relevant. I think the chance of missing on downs are pretty low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, great con guess to catch guys. So even if he can't get open, you know, we can go up and get it. So I love that pick. Definitely sniped me too, FITZI. So a nice pick there. Jalen Hyatt for me, the wide receiver at Tennessee going to the Giants. I just think there's an opportunity there. Even though he is the least experience, I think he might be the best wide receiver in that room from day one. Which puts you up Jay for pick number ten in the second round.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I might take Roshawn Johnson here, the running back from Texas going to the Bears. Yea, it feels a little earlier based on some of the rookie drafts that I have done so far since the draft, but it feels like an ambiguous backfield. You know, where it's Dante four minutes, Khalil Herbert, it's Roshawn Johnson. And they picked him in the fourth round, which isn't terrible, you know for a running back coming in especially him or I think he could have gone anywhere between, you know, the second to the fifth round. Lands in the fourth not too bad. I think he can find himself an immediate opportunity there as well as a future opportunity as well, based on you know, Khalil Herbert and Dante Foreman's contracts. So I think that you know, he's a good fit there in a run heavy offense.
Speaker 2: Love it take my Texas guy right before? I could I appreciate that Pat pick number eleven in the second who's it going to be?
Speaker 4: Well, then Bog's all upset you by taking an Oklahoma guy. Let's go with Marvin Mims and so yeah, I mean it was interesting to see the Broncos sort of aggressively go and get him when they've already got Courtland Sutton, Jerry Judy, Tim Patrick coming off an injury. But who knows if they're going to have all those guys we know there were rumors about the Broncos possibly looking to deal either Sutton or Judy, and like, Mims is just a playmaker we saw at Oklahoma like this.
Speaker 3: He's a big play guy.
Speaker 4: And I as much as he looks blocked in this depth chart, I still like the landing spot because I like that he's going to be matched up with Sean Payton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I look, I can't. I don't hate the player. Marvin Mims is great. I despise the spot because Jerry Courtland Sutton are both one two. Tim Patrick's still on the team, Sean Payton's bringing to Marquez Colway and every other wide receiver from the Saints that he ever coached. So it's just a crowded room there. So I like Marvion Mims. I just don't like the landing spot. I'll go with Rashid Writes to close out the second round. The big wide receiver that ends up in Kansas City might push MVS to the bench or off the roster. Would not be surprised by that. But they're just looking for some magic. They're looking for a guy with size. They got all these little guys like Tony and Sky Moore to pair with Kelsey and Pacheco. The run game here, so trying to give a target size and Mahomes will throw this dude open, so you don't have to have a lot of separation when you have Patrick Mahomes so love the landing spot for him.
Speaker 1: We moved to the third Jay. You are up for that first pick? Who's it going to be?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take Tank Bigsby, the running back from Auburn going to Jacksonville. And you know, I'm an Eagles fan. I've seen Doug Peterson work before. I've seen he likes to, you know, split up these backfields, and he showed us that. He told us that during the offseason too, that they were going to add another back. They did. I think the bigs Be, you know, got decent draft capital for running back on eighty eighth off the board, and he lands in an opportunity where I think he is going to get immediate touches in a good offense. I think the Jacksonville offense is going to be much much improved this year, even over last. So I take Tank Bigsby there at three to oh one, all.
Speaker 1: Right, three to zero two, FITZI, who's it going to be?
Speaker 4: I know this one is going to hurt you, Bogs, because I know you love this guy. I'm going to take Luke Muskgrave and you know, I had had to get a packer since uh since j took Jade and reed off the board from me. But you know, a big dude who runs like a gazelle, and the packers have a vacancy for a tight End. Now they did double tap tight End as we know in the draft, also taking Tucker Craft a little later. So you know, it's not guaranteed that Muskrave beats out Craft, but he did get picked first. And you know, like I know, the love for Muskgrave is not totally unanimous.
Speaker 3: Like Derek Brown doesn't really like him that much.
Speaker 4: I think he's got like Brenton Strange ranked higher in his rookie rankings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have debated that with Deebro privately, so but yeah, like I am high on Musgrave and I think early third round seems about right for him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love Musgrave, I kind of hate the fact that he got drafted with Tucker Craft because sucker Craft can't block at all and Musgrave can so probably ask him to block more. Kind of like when hayden Hurst was drafted ahead of Mark Andrews, and Mark Andrews was the receiving guy. I could see that panning out of Musgrave so much more experience than craft, so that's gonna be a weird one for sure. Didn't love the landing spot, but I'm gonna go with ty J Spears. Look, I love the talent. You know, we heard Matt Waldman on this podcast compared him to Jamal Charles. I don't think he's that good, but I think he's very good. I think he could be the lead back. Dereck Henry is a little bit older. The reason that he fell to the third round, though, is because that Derick Henry is a freak of nature, and he may stay in the NFL for three or four more solid years of three hundred touches because he's just a different animal than anybody else in the league. He is such a beast. You know, going to be sad when Derrick Henry is no longer running in the NFL. He's so much fun to watch. But the entire offense is built around him, so there's not a lot of wiggle room for anybody else. So you take Spears and you kind of wait in a dynasty drafts in.
Speaker 3: The knee thing bogs.
Speaker 4: I mean, like the concerns that he could be have like a Jay a Ji type career where he's good, but maybe he's not around very long because of that, And it kind of sucks that one of you know, if he is going to have a shorter career, that he's going to spend the first year of it backing up Derrick Henry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, at least maybe don't give him some more time to recover, so we'll see what happens there. But yeah, you know, tyj one of my favorites going in falls to the third kind of sad to see, but excited to get him in the third. So Jay pick number four in the third round. Who's it going to be here?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say Cedric Tillman, who I liked coming in. I think it was an interesting prospect. He lands in Cleveland, which I think was a pretty good landing spot for him. You know, Deshaun Watson I think will bounce back a little bit more, you know, shake off some of the rust from last year. And it seems like a more crowded wide receiver room than I think it actually will be in the future. You know, they have a Maari Cooper, Donovan Peoples Jones, Elijah Moore, Donovhin Peoples Jones is a free agent next offseason. So in twenty twenty four, I think Cedric Tillman, you know, he's six y three, big receiver, kind of can play that same role as people's Jones, and I like him there. I like the talent, and I think that you know, in the long term, it'll it'll fit a little bit better than maybe the immediate twenty twenty three seasons. So I like getting him there as well.
Speaker 1: Fits he picked number five. Who's it going to be?
Speaker 4: Chase Brom Bengals like the landing spot pleasantly surprised by how fast he ran at the combine after a not great senior ball, I realized that, but man, this dude was so productive at Illinois and he handled a big load. He averaged like twenty seven carry for the fighting a line Now last fall, and if, as rumored, the Bengals do release Joe Mixon after June first, all of a sudden, Chase Brown is in line for potentially a really big role as a rookie, and you know, like a fantasy impactful role.
Speaker 2: I mean anyone who can carry the load. For Brett Bielima can carry the load, and that is Chase Brown. He's undersized, but a workhourse of a player, a couple fumble issues, but a lot of fun to watch. So interesting pick for Cincinnati there For me here, I'm gonna take Tucker Craft. I'm gonna go back to tight end. I love the landing spot of a lot of these guys as well, So Tucker Craft landing in Green Bay not my favorite landing spot because Musgrave is there. But like I said before about Musgrave, and I still do have Muskgrave ahead of Kraft. Just to be completely clear here, but I could easily see Craft not even playing tight end and playing big slot wide receiver and not really blocking inline at all, but being a potential target hog. And he's another big target like Musgrave around the red zone. So I think he could be pretty solid from the jump in Green Bay if given the opportunity. So I'll reach back to tight end. Jay, you're a pick number seven in the third.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna take It. Might be a little early, but I'm gonna take Nathaniel tank Dell, the wide receiver going to Houston, and he went a little earlier in the NFL Draft. I thought then we kind of expected as well. He went sixty ninth overall, and you know a little bit of narrative there too. Since the draft has ended, you know, he's been saying him and c J. Stroud and some chemistry. C J. Stroudus, you know, allegedly went and you know, preached that they should pick Tank Dell as well. And I think, you know, it's kind of a theme of my draft here too. I mean, I'm picking a lot of these guys that you know, I think could have some immediate opportunity in some of these wide receiver rooms that aren't solidified. And Houston feels like that as well. You know, it's Nico Collins, Noah Brown, it's Robert Woods. And I think tink Dell might be able to fit in there right away as a big play threat. You know, the size is a little concerning. He'll have to be an outlier in that sense, but I think they invested in him highly and I think he's got an immediate opportunity.
Speaker 1: A good pick there.
Speaker 2: It makes the end interesting here because that's like to me, it's one of the last of the really good picks. So who do you got, fitz Who is that pick number eight in the third?
Speaker 3: Evan Hall, Northwestern running back.
Speaker 4: We just know he's probably going to step in right away and be a passing down back in the NFL. Fits that role well, I mean, Jonathan Taylor's going to handle the early down work on obvious passing downs, bringing the guy who led FBS in running back receptions last year max effort player faster than maybe we thought he was going to be at the combine. A lot to like here, even if the role might be kind of limited.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get weird. Pick number nine. I had picked Stetson Bennett. I'm not a Stetson Bennett fan, but he ends up in LA. No other QB except Matt Stafford on the roster, who missed most of last year is you know, riding off into the sunset and his NFL career as well. This team has salary cap issues that can't afford to go pick up many other QB options, so Stetson might be the immediate backup. We saw Baker Mayfield come into LA and win a game with three days of knowledge, so give him a whole offseason. I think he could be all right, and this is still a super flex mock. So if you're desperate, that would probably be the next man up after the Big five for me. So pick number ten here, Jay, your last one in this draft.
Speaker 1: Who is it going to be?
Speaker 5: I'm going to go with Tyler Scott, the wide receiver from Cincinnati going to Chicago. I you know, I think that he'll have some opportunity. There is somebody who I think actually kind of fell throughout the actual NFL Draft based on what we thought where we thought he was going to go. Pre draft. Some people, you know, some draft ants. I mean Dan Brugler had a second round great on him. Thought he was a really exciting player. He's been compared to, you know, Tyler Lockett by more than one or some that I've listened to. And I think that, you know, there's a fit in Chicago for a guy like him. Darneld Mooney. I don't know if he'll be there long term. He'll have to get an extension to stay there too much longer, and I think he's a good fit. So I like Tyler Scott. Here at the end of the third.
Speaker 2: I wish we had more time to talk because I cannot believe that his teammate Tray Tucker went ahead of him. But I thought that was crazy and that is classic Raiders. But we don't even have time to talk on it. So fits your last pick in this draft.
Speaker 4: I'm going to stay with wide receiver, go with Kaisha on Booty, and you know, like hit rates are low in the third round of rookie drafts, the late third, you know, and Booty might not do anything, but man, if this guy can tap into what he showed when he broke out as a freshman at LSU in twenty twenty and started really well as a sophomore going against SEC competition, I mean, like, this guy I think could be Jarvis Landry like in his impact, and I kind of liked that he went to the Patriots. Maybe Bill Balichick can get him to f in the line, and if he does, he could be a pleasant surprise. Although I realized the percentage chances of him hitting might not be great, but if he does hit, I think he could hit in a big way.
Speaker 2: I'm right there with you, and I was pretty upset when you just took him in the league that we're in like three or four spots ahead of me. In our initial rookie draft here fits So yeah, needed to give you crap for that one, so thanks for bringing that up again. Death by a thousand cuts here the last pick in this draft for me, I'm gonna go with Zach Evans, running back, got drafted to the La Rams. You know, cam Akers, I do think is the better back, but you know they have nothing behind him. Kyron Williams is a receiving back, should probably only be a receiving back, a third down guy. And you know Acres was weird left the team came back. Seems like they worked it out. But I think he's not that far behind Acres in terms of talent. I think he's gonna be a better pro than he was a college player getting kicked around at TCU and oll Miss. So I am excited to see what he has in LA. I can't believe it took two Rams by the way to end this draft, but that will wrap it up for us today on the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football Pod, thank you to Jay for coming and hanging out. Jay, Please tell everyone where they can find all your work and what you're doing and what you got coming up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can find me on Twitter at j R J A R s h T and my podcast at High Floor Football at High Floor FB with my buddy Sam Wagman. So we're recording every Tuesday night and you know they're out by Wednesday typically, So that's what that's what I'm up to. So thanks for having me on, guys. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You got it fits the at Fits Underscore FF. What is going on for you? Just a lot of grinding, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, getting ready for our Dynasty Kit and our redraft kit. So yeah, just a lot of work and great to have Jay on. You know, it was good to talk to him again. I've been on with him and Sam. Great show. Check it out.
Speaker 2: Awesome time and thank you guys for joining us. You can follow me at Bogman Sports. Catch me hearing it in this league obviously. Just check out my Twitter you can see all my work. But that is it for a three round super flex rookie draft. We hope you guys enjoyed it. We will see you guys next week. Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash Fantasy Pros