Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Fantasy Football Podcast. I'm your host, Scott Fogman. Follow me on the Twitter at Bogman Sports. I'm joined as always by Pat Fitzmorris at FITS Underscore ff on the Twitter Machine. And today we are here to not be haters. We're here to promote some of these guys. Tell you about fifteen undervalued players right now that we think he would be a good idea if you at least went and tested the waters on these guys to see if they are available in your league.
Speaker 1: Fits. I find it.
Speaker 2: Way easier to be a hater, you know, So it's a little harder to go out on a limb for people. But I think I found some good names. Are you feeling good about the names you picked?
Speaker 3: I am Bogs And we get to spread positivity on this show after you know, the negativity of last week's episode, So this time we get to say good things about people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know it is. It does feel better to say nice things. But, like like I said, always easier to be a hater, of course.
Speaker 1: But let's dive in. We've got some quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: I think we have the position we have the most of his wide receivers and then one tight end at the end, but a couple of quarterbacks to start us off fit. So who is the quarterback right now that you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's Trey Lance, Bogs, and I'm gonna once again try to make the case for Trey Lance. I know at this point a lot of people are just like, oh, would you shut up about Trey Lance already and are just totally out. I just grabbed him at seven oh one in a startup dynasty draft, the King's Classic Dynasty Draft, and so he's going to be my third quarterback there. Like I've got Patrick Mahomes and I've got a rookie pick that's going to become Bryce Young. So like, at this point, there's not a lot of pressure for Trey Lance to, you know, automatically be a stud for me. But that's the good thing. Man. He's gotten so cheap, and I understand it. We're now two years in his NFL career and there's just so little to go on still. I mean, the you know, the price is way down, and there's a reason for it. He's made four NFL starts in twenty twenty one. That we're going to bring him along slowly. He broke his finger on his throwing hand index finger in the preseason and that kind of messed up with his mechanics a little. And then of course last year that broke an ankle after two starts. So now we have him coming into this year where he's got this ambiguous role. We don't know if it's going to be Brock Purty or Sam Darnold or Trey Lance. And despite the fact that the forty nine ers spent so much to get Trey Lance, giving up multiple first round picks to move into the number three spot and take him, it seems like they're almost putting their thumb on the scale for Purdy. But man, Bogs, I'm just not a pretty believer. And like, if you look at his skin Edgile last year, like he made what I think six starts, hold on, I've got the notes here. It was, yeah, so pretty at five regular seasons starts plus a game where he came in really early after Jimmy Garoppolo got hurt, plus a couple of playoffs starts. In the first seven starts, he didn't face a defense that ranked better than thirteenth in Dvoa against the pass so it was a lot of pretty soft matchups. Then he goes in against the Cowboys in his second playoff spot, second playoff start, no touchdown, passes two hundred and fourteen yards, just kind of look pedestrian, and I think he's just a guy bog. So I think it's gonna be Lance, who in his four starts, or I should say three starts because he got hurt early in the one where he broke his ankle, has averaged fifty eight rushing yards. We know he's going to move the needle with his running and with his passing. I don't know if you saw the video from OTA's Bogs, but like, his mechanics look a lot better now, like they have cleaned him up. He's been working with Patrick Mahomes quarterback coach. So like, I'm optimistic, do we finally get something out of Trey Lance in year three?
Speaker 2: I completely agree with you, And honestly I had this. I had Trey Lance as my quarterback to start and I switched off of it. But yeah, I mean right now in Dynasty ECR, he is QB twenty one, so he is you know, we're talking about the bottom end of QB two's and Superflex, right, And I think with a guy with this much potential that can run the way he can, I think you at least have to give it a shot. I mean, you know, I don't know if rock Perty is going to be you know, they say he's going to be starting to throw next week. I don't know, you know how much of that is true. We've heard all kinds of he'll be ready for week one. There's no way he'll be ready for week one. Like it's been all over the place. I think that there's probably a little bit of a fire to the smoke where you know, Kyle Shanahan, it does not like Trey Lance whatever it is. You know, you wanted Mac Jones and now that Brock party was good at the end of the year. He wants Brock to win this job. But I think for the potential for this team, this team is you know, a quarterback away they have been for a little bit here, and I think Trey Lance could be the guy. So I think this is probably his His value is going to go one way or the other pretty big this year, right, Like it's either gonna skyrocket, He's gonna be worth way more than he is right now, or it's gonna sink like a stone because Brock Party took the job. So I think if you can buy him now, this is kind of like the last chance to get a cheap ticket to this ride. So or the ride is going to be featured at your local carnival next year for free. So it's like it's one of those two. You got to get in or get out pretty quick on Trey Lance. So I am with you. Before we go to my quarterback that I'm going to talk about here, let.
Speaker 1: Me tell you guys about Reality Sports Online.
Speaker 2: By now, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it? It's time to see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract at solar cap functionality, and much much more. I think it sounds complicated. It is not the best thing about Reality Sports Online fantasy front office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league.
Speaker 1: It just requires more strategy.
Speaker 2: Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal. Still not sure? You can test out your general manager skills for free frublee and a mock. If you like what you see, use a promo code Fantasy prost receive a ten percent discount on your team or league. Today Fantasy just got real Reality Sports online dot Com. I'm gonna go down to well, I guess coming up from where you were. My guy is the sixteenth quarterback in Dynasty ECR so far in this offseason.
Speaker 1: I have him at number eleven. I'm gonna go with Danny Dimes.
Speaker 2: And I know that Daniel Jones does not inspire a lot of love. Right We've seen him trip over his own feet. He's had a lot of turnover worthy plays in his career. But I think there's a couple of things here. Number One, we have not seen the best of Daniel Jones yet, right, Like, they haven't put a full, great supporting cast around him. It's been Saquon and a bunch of kind of jags at wide receiver. I mean, obviously these guys are great, but they're not in terms of NFL standards, their subpar right, it's Isaiah Hodgens, It's the ghost of Sterling Shepherd, you know, it's Richie James, it's Darius Slayton, guys like that. Well, they added in two weapons this offseason. They got Darren Waller, who of course there's questions about his health and everything, and went and drafted Jalen Hyatt, who I'm a big fan of, and we'll talk about a little bit later in this show.
Speaker 1: But FITZI, I don't know if you realize this, like seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Yard rushing seasons for QBS kind of a benchmark, and there were five last season. Right last year we saw it was of course justin fields with over one thousand yards. Lamar Jackson had seven hundred, Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, and Daniel Jones just crossed seven hundred, seven hundred and three. But in the eleven seasons previous to twenty twenty two, there had been ten total, I believe it was, yeah, ten seven one hundred yard rushing seasons in the NFL. It was Lamar has done it four times, Josh Allen has done it twice, Jalen has done it twice. Cam Newton did it twice, Kyler infields both once a piece. So that's seven hundred yard rushing marker for a QB is pretty big, and we know that he can do it specifically working in RPOs with Saquon, so he's got tons of rushing upside. We definitely have not seen him with the full array of wide receivers, probably still won't this year, but they should get better. And he was number one in PFF's adjusted completion percentage last season as well. And you know we've seen videos of you know, the guys can't even get his attention on the plane because he's already doing prep work for the next game on the plane, right, So, like, this is a hard working dude that keeps getting better. You're adding some weapons around him and one of the best rushing qbs in the NFL. Completely underrated from that perspective, I think he's a QB one. That's why I have him at eleven, and I'll take a guy with rushing upside as a mid QB two right now, I think you're probably going to get a pretty good deal on him.
Speaker 3: Is that mixed in with the rookies bogs QB eleven like his Do you have Stroud and where do you have him ahead of Bryce Young and CJS Droud?
Speaker 1: I do, but I have him below Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, yeah, so rich I've got him below all those guys. I think I've got him at QB sixteen. But I'm generally pretty pretty much in agreement with your assessment of him. Like he does move the needle with his running ability. I love what Brian Dable did for him, I mean, and that was really the big issue for him, that he was so turnover prone early in his career. And last year I believe he led the NFL in interception percentage, Like he had the lowest in he was, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Five fifteen touchdowns, five picks.
Speaker 3: Yep, didn't have an egregious number of fumbles last year. He just got so much better at taking care of the ball, and he still didn't have a lot of firepower with his pass catchers. I mean, adding Waller is going to help, assuming Waller can stay healthy. And although they might not have like any sort of star caliber wide receiver, they at least have quantity. Man, I mean, it's just ridiculous. They can't even keep these guys They've got so many, you know, with Hodgens and Slayton and Hyatt and Wandale, rob Lyin and Shepherd, Harris Campbell signed Harris Campbell. Yeah, so at least they're going to be able to withstand injuries and still be able to put credible NFL wide receivers on the field this year, which was kind of an issue for them last year. So yeah, yeah, like I'm optimistic. I like the Dable Jones pairing. It's worked really well so far. I don't know if he has greatness in him, but I think he can be a really solid NFL quarterback who adds and is like probably a better fantasy quarterback than real life quarterback because of the running ability.
Speaker 1: Right yeah.
Speaker 2: The running ability that I mean, that's really the selling point to me is you know, I think the running ability is there.
Speaker 1: We see it.
Speaker 2: Not many guys with seven hundred yard seasons, right I think Russell only did it once in his career. I mean he was eight fifty, but but I mean Russell did it. I think maybe only one or twice. So yeah, I mean just you know, a lot to go on here for Danny Dimes, and like you said, may not have the most upside of any QB, but the floor is pretty high for him, especially if those wide receivers get better. So let's go to running backs here, and I love this first one that you have fits at coming in that ECR number twenty two in Dynasty.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you love it, bugs, because I don't think everyone does. And this is another kind of polarizing guy. I'm gonna throw it here. It's cam Acres and it's funny. I just saw Evan Silva have established the run the other day. We've got to hang out a little bit, and somehow cam Acres came up in conversation. I think I asked Evan about him, and he made like a crinkly face like he's not that into him. And I was really impressed by Acres down the stretch last year. I mean, he was the NFL rushing leader over the last six weeks of the twenty twenty two regulars season and ranked RB four in UH. I guess that was half point PPR scoring, but you know in PPR I think he was top five too. He had more than one hundred rushing yards in each of his last three games, and Acres just does not have that much competition in the Rams backfield. I know some people like Zach Evans and think that he is some sort of existential threat to acres role, But I mean, Evans was a late sixth round pick, and we know what the hit rate is on late sixth rown running backs in the NFL draft. It's not very good. And plus we're talking about a guy who lost his job to a freshman at All Miss last year. So I mean, I like Evans.
Speaker 1: Judkins is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Jud Quinn Shawn Judgins is very good. But I do think Evans, you know, is better than the typical sixth round running back. But I really don't think he's going to pose a threat to acres job security. And if Rams coach Sean McVay leans on Acres the way he leaned on Todd Gurley just a few years ago, Acres is going to have a big year. And actually he's kind of set up for a big year because the Rams schedule is littered with teams that were mediocre against the run last season. I mean, like, I'm not a big schedule analysis guy as far as looking ahead, like, oh, you got to get this guy. He's got a soft schedule. The things are set up pretty nicely for him, including having Seattle and Arizona and his division, which were two of the worst run defenses in the league by far last year. So I mean right up there or right down there with the Texans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And speaking of schedule and things like that, you know, I just wrote up team defenses for the Black Book and IDPs for the Black Book as well. So I've been big on the defensive side of the ball. And if you're the Rams, you are going to need to bleed the clock and run the ball a bunch because that de is awful. It's Aaron Donald, Ernest Jones, and a bunch of scrubs. They traded Ramsey, they didn't re sign anybody. They had no money. I mean, you know the cut Bobby Wagner. It's Ernest Jones and Christian Roseboom, who has like ten snaps in the NFL are there starting linebackers. So you need to bleed that clock. You need to lean on the run. So it wouldn't be crazy to see Cam Akers and Zach Evans have some success against a soft run schedule. But like you said, I'm not a big schedule guy either, because you know, the Dolphins lose Christian Wilkins for.
Speaker 1: The year, and they're completely different defense, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So like getting too ahead of it, you know, is a little silly in my opinion, but I think they need they need to lean on Camming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let me just slip in one last point, just like when he came back so Akers Tours Achilles in the twenty twenty one preseason and then like made that miraculous comeback where he was back for like the final regular season game and they pretty much gave him the backfield for the playoffs, which I thought was really exciting. Yes, he did not look like quite the same guy in the playoffs, but I thought I was really encouraging that he came back. I thought he'd built be full go last year, and I don't know if that was part of the problem, that weird kind of team estrangement for a while where he and McVeigh weren't quite seeing eye to eye.
Speaker 2: That's his biggest threat, fits is right there, is his attitude.
Speaker 1: I think that's the biggest threat to his job. It's not Zach Evans, it's him.
Speaker 3: But clearly they had some sort of reconciliation because he was back at the end of the year and was clearly the guy for McVeigh and performed well. So I'm hoping that with the Achilles injury, it'll be two full years behind him by the time he takes the field for Week one. So I'm hoping that he's back physically to being the guy he was when he came into the league, or really close to it. I mean, I don't know if you can ever get back to one hundred percent of what you were after an Achilles' tear, but I think he can come pretty close. I Mean, we've seen guys like Deonta Foreman, you know, be pretty impactful after having that injury, and I think Acres can too.
Speaker 2: And sometimes, like with Foreman, it was like he came back and he was not the same guy. It was pretty clear, and then he kind of got forgot about for a couple of seasons, and then now it seems like, fully removed from this Achilles surgery, he's a much better player now, right so, and I think that could happen with Acres too, and maybe it doesn't take him as long because he's already This is a guy that we've been waiting on to have in a big explosive season since he was in college. Like he went to Florida State as the number one running back recruit in the nation, played behind one of the worst offensive lines in college football that I've ever seen, and still put up some big years and then got drafted in the NFL. We all thought, well, this guy's can be better pro than you know, a college player because of the circumstance of Florida State with the bad offense back QB, bad coach, bad offensive line. And he showed it his rookie season and then injuries and you know, self inflicted wounds this past year.
Speaker 1: But I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I think he's a little he's a little tarnished right now because of the injury and the attitude stuff. And you can get him for cheaper than he should be. So I like that one fits. I'm gonna stick a running back. I'll go with Derrick Henry. And look, Derrick Henry right now is Dynasty ECR running back number eighteen. And I know this is a short window thing for me, fits that most people don't particularly like. And Dereck Henry has had an injured season before, but this dude is a freaking nature. He's still under thirty years old, And what do you do on offense when you have three not ready options at QB and a defense that is you know, Rebuilding will say to be nice here, Fits and not be insulting, so you run the ball. Derrick Henry is the offense in Tennessee. We all know that I am not threatened by tay J. Spears at all eating into Derrick Henry's work. It's still gonna be Derrick Henry by a mile over everyone else in that offense. And you know, maybe it's only two really good seasons left, but this dude's a freak. Maybe it's four, maybe it's four and a half, and bad old Derrick Henry is still probably better than a lot of those low end RB twos, which is what he seems to be slipping behind. So I think you might still be able to get a prime season or two, maybe three out of Derrick Henry. And because he's had a lot of carries, because he's had an injury in the previous season, I think that the shine is coming off of him a little bit. But I still think he's a league winner for at least next two seasons. Fits, And I think he's being underrated right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's all circumstantial bogs, Like what is the position of your dynasty team? Are you in championship chasing mode? If you are, then Derrick Henry should absolutely enter. And if he is on the roster of a team that's not ready to contend this year, you should absolutely go out and get him. And I mean, like I'm I'm cautiously optimistic about his outlook for this year. I Mean, one of the things that kind of terrifies me is the way the Titans offensive line just went to hell last year. I mean, it got really bad, so that that's kind of one issue. And just I agree that if you have a bad defense, you want to run the ball and keep your bad defense off the field. But then too often, you know, you fall behind and that takes you out of run modes. So I don't know if Derrick Henry is maybe going to have quite the same volume of carries even if he stays healthy, Like he might just not be able to run as much because they're in catchup mode a little bit. But I do think that is the plan to give Derrick Henry, you know, pretty much all he can eat as far as carries. Like same as it ever was in Tennessee. So yes, I mean like he is appealing from that perspective, and in dynasty, obviously the price is not what it is in redraft. So if you're a contending team, I agree, he's definitely someone you should be looking at, possibly trying to acquire.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's one spot ahead of Rashad White, which is surprising to me. He's behind JK. Dobbins and Damian Pierce. I think, you know, you can make a case for Javonte even coming off the injury because Javonte's so much younger. Nick Chubb is better, So I would probably stick with Nick Chubb there. But like Ramandrie Stevens said, I mean, we talked a lot about the Patriots potentially drafting Beesean and they'd love to rotate RBS. So I was just a little surprised by a couple of the names at least that were ahead of Derrick Henry. So I feel like, you know, if you can trade him for a late first round pick next year, that's something that I would definitely do because I think he's got at least two more seasons.
Speaker 3: I'm nothing not at twenty twenty four first bogs, not not for a lottery ticket in next year's class. I mean, it's just you.
Speaker 1: Know, we got we got iconic, that's fair.
Speaker 3: We got some iconic dudes coming into the league, possibly with Marvin Harris and Caleb Williams, brock Bauers. You know, like, I just can't give up an You guys.
Speaker 2: Are all going to go top of those seven fits they are. I mean, those guys aren't getting past seven. So if you can get nine to ten level, if you can get him for nine, ten, eleven, twelve, that's where I'm that's where the sweet spot is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing I mean, like, if you're getting him, the guys who are going to be picking at the end of the first round next year, those guys are contending. Those are the guys who aren't giving up Derrick Henry. You know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: What's one in the hand worth fits.
Speaker 3: Two in the bush, right, true?
Speaker 1: One in the hand that this is a top ten RB in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Still in my opinion, so uh, you know, I still think he's got not a top ten offense. Obviously a lot of change, but if you know Ryan Hannah, Ryan Tannehill takes a little click, you know, for then now this team is back to being pretty solid. Maybe getting Harold Landry helps pace that defense a little bit. And three new offensive linemen. They got Dillard, they went out and drafted Peter Skronsky, and they added Dane brun Skill.
Speaker 1: So I think, I mean Dillard. I don't think the Titans can be as bad as they.
Speaker 3: Were last Dillard's more a pass blocker than a run blocker. But I agree it's gonna help. Like they did upgrade the offensive line and bugs. Just to clear I guess if you are a contending team and you're giving up a twenty twenty four first for Henry, like you've got to be pretty sold. Like that is all well and good if you do, in fact finish one of the you know, with one of the three best records or whatever, and that pick you're giving away once up being one ten, one eleven or one twelve. But man, if you miscalculate and fall in your face and the guy that you give up for Derrick Henry that pick turns out to be Marvin Harrison Junior, you are gonna have some egg on your face. Man.
Speaker 2: I understand, Yeah, I understand, but I'm still I'm still rocking with Derrick Henry. That's the point here. So let's go. Let's go down a little bit to your running back here. And I love this one. This is another guy that was in consideration from my list.
Speaker 3: Fits yeah, And this can be kind of a quick one, bogs because there's not much to go on. But in the sleeper category, I like Jerome Ford of the Browns, and it's you know, the Browns are not expected to re sign Kareem Hunts. Reportedly the team thinks he may have lost a step. I can't remember where I read that, but someone had mentioned that. And Deernest Johnson has gone. So Jerome Ford is the clear backup to Nick Chubb and as of now, I mean, there is no one who's going to challenge him. It is like Dimitric Felton, John Kelly and some other real jobbers in that backfield right now. So and look, Jerome Ford is a guy who ran for thirteen hundred yards and scored twenty touchdowns in his final season at Cincinnati. Went to Alabama initially as like a four star recruit, but just ran into that logjam with what Josh Jacob, Damien Harris, Naji Harris. Yeah, like he was. He was totally logjam there, so you know, he wisely transferred, wound up at Cincinnati and had a really nice final season five to eleven, two ten four four six speed. I think that gives him like an eighty seventh percentile speed score according to playerprofiler dot com. And the dude has some power, like he's gonna run through arm tackle. So this is a potential potentially useful assets who can be acquired very inexpensively right now.
Speaker 1: I mean he is free fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's not minswords here, Dynasty ECR of sixty eight right now. I mean that is behind James Robinson, Gus Ebwards, Forgeryld Patterson, Cuba Hubbard, Raheem Moster, Kareem Hunt who's not even on a team, Leonard Fournette, Zeke who's not even on a team, Clyde Edwards, Hilaire Deontay Foreman Abanacanada is going ahead.
Speaker 3: Do people realize the Falcons drafted Jean Robinson and the Cordero Patterson is like forty seven and.
Speaker 2: Tyler Lgiers ahead of it, So like, yeah, he's buried, so and Jerome Ford has opportunity. You know, Nick Chubb hurts his knee, your foot, or misses a game, Jerome Ford is your guy now, So yes, I mean, I think this is a great one. Like I said, I considered putting him on there, but I'm glad that you had him on the list here, just to bring a little light to his name, because I think that's a good one. Before we go to my next running back, I got to tell you guys about the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Draft Kit at Fantasypros dot com slash Dynasty. Go there and check out must have resources like the Dynasty rookie and start up rankings, trade targets, position primers, and thorough rookie profiles, all at no cost. If you're a Premium subscriber, you'll unlock exclusive strategy articles and full access to our Discord community, where you can interact with our analyst via ams and stages. Jump in now at Fantasypros dot com slie Dynasty and start building your powerhouse Dynasty team. All right, another running back for you here fits and a couple of these guys here. I feel like I've become an apologist for over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: I think the next couple.
Speaker 2: Guys that I'm going to talk about maybe two or three guys here, but let's go with Antonio Gibson. I got him at thirty three at running back right now, his dynasty ECR is thirty eight. He's coming off a tough year. I understand him being a little bit tarnish. I just think he's the better pass catcher and he's was the number one pass blocking running back in grade from PFF seventy five point one. Brian Robinson was forty six point nine. And I think that grade specifically with Brian Robinson being so low last season, that Antonio Gibson's going to get on the field more with a first year starter in Sam Howell, so you know, protect him a little bit more. He can become a nice dump off option as well. Brian Robinson could too. But I think this is a guy that you want to throw him the ball short, get the ball in his hands and let him make a play. Is a guy that returned kicks and punts, you know, and played wide receiver at Memphis. So I think that in this offense with Sam Howe, you know, you want to give him a couple easy throws. So I think that Gibson should be the feature back here ahead of Brian Robinson. Again, I know you know our boy D Brown. A couple others here talk about Brian Robinson being a jag. I think Brian Robinson is better than a jag, right, but he is what he is. He's a first second down thumper, right, He's a short yardage guy. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. But Gibson is so much better and a better pass blocker. So I think, you know, the worst case scenario with Gibson is he becomes like a JD. Mckissic type of dump off guy. And if you're in a PPR league, that's still very valuable. So I think as a low end RB three, I'm gonna take a gamble on Gibson. I just think he should be given a little bit more respect than once the community is on him, has him on right.
Speaker 3: Now, you're speaking my language, Bogs. I'm a big Antonio Gibson, Stan, I've got him in a bunch of dynasty leagues. And you kind of said it like the way this sets up now with no McKissick there, And unfortunately, I think McKissick might have to retire due to injuries. Kind of forced out of action here. But that does that Gibson up to be the primary passing down guy, and I think he's going to, you know, cut into Robinson's early down work too. I mean, we're talking about a guy who and I've made this point I think on the show before Bogs he is as big. Gibson is as big and as fast as Jonathan Taylor and is a converted college wide receiver like that is what you should be aiming for and had double digit touchdowns his first two years in the league. And now, like Ron Rivera's like, oh, you know what, we didn't really use Antonio Gibson enough last year. Well, no kidding, man, but I kind of at the same time, I mean I kind of get it, Like Antonio Gibson fumbled like half a dozen times in twenty twenty one, So I understand why they were, you know, maybe a little hesitant to give him like a huge role and why they drafted Robinson and used him quite a bit. But at the very least he should be getting a half share in that backfield. And I don't know if it's going to be a high powered offense with Sam Donald under center or Sam Donald excuse.
Speaker 1: Me, Sam Howell, it may not be a lot of difference there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And you'd like to think that maybe Sam Howell is dumping off a lot in his first year as a starter, although we know he's kind of mobile, and mobile quarterbacks sometimes like to tuck it away and run rather than dump off. But I am optimistic that Gibson can get you know, forty plus receptions in this offense. And yeah, man, I'm enthusiastic about him too. I think he's a good trade target.
Speaker 2: If Hal gets smashed a couple times, he'll start dumping off way more so. Very true, great runner at North Carolina, but there's a difference between North Carolina and the NFL. So get popped a couple of times one where it struggle, where you struggle to get up, you're gonna start dumping that ball off a little more. So I'm with you there. Let's stick on the same team, but move to wide receiver here. Whatever the name of this team is going to be in the upcoming year, because I'm sure you saw the trademark stuff to not go through on Commanders, so they may have to be changing again with the new ownership. But another Washington player here, and I love this one too.
Speaker 1: Fits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get it back to the football team. I like the football team man, and yeah, just good feelings about the commanders Washington, whatever we want to call him now that Daniel Snyder is selling the team. So yes, let's let's move boldly into a new era with Antonio Gibson and Johan Dotson. Bogs an early pick in the twenty twenty one draft or twenty twenty two draft. I believe he was sixteenth overall, and yet there were people taking Sky Moore ahead of him in dynasty rookie drafts last year. What a mistake that was. I mean, granted, we did not get a full rookie season out of Dots, and he played twelve games, but he had seven touchdowns in those twelve games and five top twenty PPR weeks at wide receivers. So this dude is fast, he's a good route runner. He's really competitive on balls in the air for a smaller receiver. Bogs and yeah, I mean like, this guy's just a really good player and tough after the catch. So Terry mclaurin's there too, And we've got the Sam Howell question. We don't know how he's gonna fare in his first year as a starter. But it's a pretty narrow target tree, not a lot of tight ends worth, you know, throwing two in Washington.
Speaker 1: You done with Logan Thomas?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah, he's an older guy. He gets hurt a lot, me too. So it's basically I mean, Curtis Samuel is there, but I don't know, I've always thought he was a little overrated. Maybe, So it's mainly McLaurin and Dotson and bugs. I mean, like, I think Dotson is only gonna send Like I don't think he has a wide receiver one year in him this year with a new quarterback being broken in, But I think he could get there eventually, Like I think he could eventually be considered a top ten, top fifteen receiver and in our ECR rankings, like I mean, he's wide receiver twenty eight. He's behind guys like Jerry Judy, Treylon, Burks, Terry McLaurin, Brandon Ayuk. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Dotson than any of those guys, even McLaurin. And I like McLaurin too, but you know, Dotson is younger by like what four years, so yeah, I mean, I think Dotson is kind of an undervalued asset right now.
Speaker 2: I'll push back on McLaurin because I just think McLaurin is incredible talent. But I think Dotson is way more talented than people gave him credit for coming into the draft. And like you said, going up and getting contested catches, I mean, that's a big thing when you have a first year starter and Sam Howell, and we're kind of assuming Sam Howell's start here. They have Jacoby Brissett on that team too, so it could easily be I mean, Jacobe loves to go in and take people's jobs, right, It's just what he does, so it could easily be Jacoby Brissett too. And then you have a better passer, most likely with the ball in Bassett. So I think that, you know, I think that the answer a quarterback is probably not going to be found this year. But let's have this team be bad and give them Caleb Williams or Drake May next year. And now you have a legit QB in there that is going to spread the ball around. And I'm really excited for Dotson's future and I think he can become you know, I don't think he's as good as Terry McLaurin, but I think that he could easily be the t Higgins to Jamar Chase in this offense. Obviously they don't have a Joe Burrow right now, but that's why you would buy him now.
Speaker 1: That's why you'd buy him right now.
Speaker 2: At currently his price is wide receiver twenty eight on Dynasty ECR, So I think he's a great buy. And just you know, still, none of these guys come in the NFL is complete, and I think if they don't shine, and he did shine seven touchdowns, like you said, and how many would he miss three games?
Speaker 1: Seven touchdowns at thirteen games?
Speaker 3: Twelve games?
Speaker 2: Twelve games, so you know that that's an outstanding number. Touchdowns are finicky, but he proved himself to get open there so and that was with some bad QB play last year as well. So not that it's going to get much better this year, but he should be better in his second year in the NFL. And I'm also excited about him. FITS love that pick. I'm gonna go with Jamison Williams right now. He's going off as wide receiver number thirty. I have him at number seventeen. Once again a guy that I understand the tarnish. His tape was bad last year, right he was coming off the ACL injury. He just didn't look right, and then he gets this gambling suspension that makes you kind of question, like, what is this guy doing. Saint Brown is going to be the one hundred catch guy, right but Williams is going to be the deep threat option. In his only season starting for Alabama, twelve hundred and twenty three of his fifteen hundred and seventy two yards came on intermediate or deep targets. He was fourth in intermediate yards in the nation, he was fifth in deep yards in the nation, and he scored fifteen touchdowns, which was second. The shine is off of him, and I understand that, but I still think this guy has the potential to be a wide receiver number one in the NFL, and we're just not taking him that seriously right now. So I understand that, but I think the time to buy is right now because once he gets past the suspension and he gets on the field fully healthy with a monter, Saint Brown and Sam Laporta and Jamier Gibbs, you know, and David Montgomery all these options that they have in Detroit, he is going to be potentially one of the best ones. And he's not a guy that you're going to have to have catch ten balls in a game to put up points for you. He's going to be a boomer bus guy, but he's going to be a guy that if he catches four, he's probably going to break one off for a huge gain and maybe get in the end zone.
Speaker 1: Fifteen touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Like I said, playing in the SEC for Alabama, that's, you know, a tough spot to be in.
Speaker 1: So I really really still.
Speaker 2: Like Jameson Williams, and I think that, you know, the shines off him a little bit and the opportunity to buy is right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't do a lot last year, but I think he had at least one long catch and I think he had another one that was called back by a penalty. So, like we saw, we get a little taste of the big play potential. But yeah, the Lions slow played it with him, and wisely, you know, they didn't have designs on a Super Bowl, so I think it was smart for them to pull back on the rains a little bit and just a little frustrating with the gambling suspension. I mean, maybe it's a case of out site, out of mind with the declining price on him in Dynasty. So man, I hope that's not the case though, because you know, for the people who watched him at Alabama, they know how this dude just crackles with electricity when he's on the field. Yes, I mean, he is just a big play waiting to happen, you know. But I just like, I can't wait to see what it looks like in the NFL, and I just like I think it's going to translate. But I'm not one hundred percent sure, Bogs. I do think the buying is right, though, so I endorse your selection of him for this show.
Speaker 1: It's that's the gamble. You got a gamble.
Speaker 2: And right now, like I said, going off at ECR number thirty, that's just too low, it is, in my opinion, all right, your guy, right now, your next guy, Dynasty ECR number forty three.
Speaker 1: I'm curious as to where you have him. Who's your next wife?
Speaker 3: Box? It's Kadarius Tony. And even though right now I'm only connected see most of our listeners through their air pods, I can feel them rolling their eyes at me right now with this selection, and look, I understand it. He has been extremely fragile so far in his two years. He has dealt with ankle, quad, shoulder, hamstring, and oblique injuries, knees and toeses and not one but two cases of COVID nineteen in twenty twenty one. So but Bogs, I mean, Canarius. Tony has just such freakish athleticism and movement skills, and when he is healthy enough to play, he draws targets at a freaking ridiculous rate, like he is a target magnet. Tony has played four hundred and forty five regular season snaps in his two years in the league, and he has drawn seventy seven targets, which means he's drawn a target on seventeen point three percent of his snaps, and that includes running plays like George Pickens, who you and I have jousted over. Pickens at a fifteen point three percent target share left year. Now that's on just passes for Pittsburgh last year, Tony's target rate on all his snaps is two percentage points higher, and that's including running plays. So this guy is just you know, like he's going to get the ball. When he's on the field, and hopefully that's a lot more often this year. Like the Chiefs just kind of had him in these special packages last year. He came over late in the season, they didn't really have time to fully integrate him into Andy Reid's offense. But now man full season of Kadarius Tony as a Chief, a full offseason for Andy Reid the evil genius to scheme ways up to use Tony. He's going to be getting targets from the most efficient target delivery mechanism in the game. And Patrick Mahomes like, I'm really excited about what this could look like if Knockwoods Tony can stay reasonably healthy for a full season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is That's the whole thing with Tony because the talent is there, right And by the way, just I don't know how much he watched him at Florida, but one of the most fun players.
Speaker 3: With electricity guy right, yes.
Speaker 1: And yeah, just a dude electric with the ball in his hands.
Speaker 3: And I get the risk, but man, now it's really baked in, so like you're almost baking in the fact that he's gonna miss a lot of time due to injuries. If he doesn't I mean, you can turn just a massive profit on this guy.
Speaker 2: And look, you know, we know that Travis Kelsey is the number one option, right who's number two?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Because it's not MVS, they brought Hi hid Rice to push him out of his job. Sky Moore was disappointing last season. I mean, is it Pacheco? Definitely they love to throw the ball. Kadarius Tony might be the number one wide receiver in this offense. Obviously Kelsey is the number one receiver, but he might be the number one wide out in this offense. And we just somewhere you need to get a piece of the Kansas City offense, whether it's like go all the way down to watch Richie James or somebody like take just take a stab on someone in the Chiefs offense as well and know that you're gonna get some production. I mean, MVS is a miserable wide receiver and had some good weeks, right, Like we think sky Moore can get going too. Like, I just still think that they're missing something since Tyreek left. They still they were on the Super Bowl. They're obviously not missing a lot. You know, they got better on defense as well, but they're still missing just a little something. I think Tony could be the guy uh to bring it out of him. So I love this pick as well. Fits is not one that I considered. I do have him a little bit lower than ECR even because I hate injury prone players. But I mean this is it's a cheap buy. A wide receiver four is what you're getting at now. So that's like a late third, early fourth round pick in a rookie draft. You know, I think if you get outside the first round, Fits is way more willing to trade those picks later in rookie drafts. So yeah, make your move for Kadarius Tony pretty quickly. Speaking of apologist here, I think I have become the Juju Smith Schuster apologist, you know, just a guy that I'm I'm always gonna love him for laying out Vontez perfect. But also I think he's just supremely underrated because he had the enormous season, and yes, is he that good? No, he's not that good. But is he better than a wide receiver number five? Because he's going off Juju right now? Dynasty ECR forty nine in a twelve man league, that's your first wide receiver five, and he's a number one wide receiver in his offense in the NFL, it is on the Patriots, it is with a subbar quarterback in Mac Jones or Bailey Zappi, whoever it is. But he's going to be the number one target guy on this team. And I think that is probably worth at least a wide receiver number four, even in a miserable offense. And there are just some wild names. I feel like going ahead of Juju. I mean, I don't know, I fits are you how far down on him? Because would you take Juju over Gabe Davis?
Speaker 3: Yes? I think those thinking about that, they're pretty close. In my rankings.
Speaker 2: They took in kid, Yeah, Gabe Davis is gonna shed a lot of production. I feel like, how about you hate Mike Evans Juju or Mike Evans.
Speaker 3: And juju uh juju? Or I don't hate Mike. Go ahead, come on, I just hate you situation.
Speaker 2: Come on, I like Mike Evans more than you do. And he went to A and m I can't believe it. I also think he won Johnny Manziela Heisman, but there's a lot more of that. Marvin Mims is one spot ahead of juj. Marvin Mims has touched an NFL field. Yeah yeah, Prtland Sutton is ahead of him. I take him over Courtland Sutton. Lockett is ahead of him. He's older. Hopkins is older. Bateman who we both were down on, uh you know, a little bit older as well. By the way, I forgot to mention this is the top show. I completely made a mistake. He Swift trade for a fourth. I don't know why I hit my brain that he was traded for a six. So I apologize for making that mistake. Still don't like DeAndre Swift that much, but you know I did make that mistake last week, so meant to clear that up at the top. But Juju, I mean, look, here's just competitions for targets. It's Taekwon, Thornton, Devonte Parker, Mike Asiki. That's those are the guys that are gonna be on the field with him on a snap to snap basis. Here, Fitzie, I mean, I think Juju is gonna have another one hundred catch season with the Patriots here even four team that doesn't throw the ball as a run first team, and you know, I think he's gonna be right in that range because these other guys just don't get open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know what it's gonna look like with them. It is just like kind of a committee pass catching approach with the two tight ends Kasicki and Henry and you know, all these different Like maybe Taekwon Thornton breaks out, but I'm not counting on that. Maybe Devonte Parker stays healthy. Yeah, it's gonna be a weird situation. By I just I think maybe what is holding people back. We have not seen Juju duplicate the success that he had in the first couple of years early in his career, when he was sharing a field with Antonio Brown, who unliably made some things a little easier for Jujuy by being that big time threat. And I don't know, I mean, I thought things were pretty I'm.
Speaker 1: Not thinking of that year though.
Speaker 2: Let's go fits to twenty twenty, right when he had he didn't have a thousand yards receiving. He had eight hundred and sixteen or whatever it was, eight hundred and thirty one nine touchdowns. That's the most touchdowns he's had. But he had ninety seven catches that year. Yes, it's a far cry from one hundred and eleven for fourteen twenty six and seven touchdowns. But I think ninety five to one hundred catches with thousand, eleven hundred yards and a handful of scores, that's better than wide receiver forty nine.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean like the door is open for him to have another big role. But I thought it was kind of open last year, like maybe one hundred catch season was not in play when on a team with Travis Kelcey. But I maybe expected a little more from Juju last year. I just don't know. I think there's a limited ceiling now Boggs, that's the issue, But I think the floor is pretty sturdy with Juju. And he's still reasonably young. He came into the league so young, that's the nice thing.
Speaker 1: He's like eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like he's thirty years old now, but he's like, what twenty six.
Speaker 2: So twenty six, yeah, twenty six. He'll be twenty seven in November, so still well under thirty. Well traveled guy. I just think he's going to become you know, whoever the quarterbacks there number one target, and this is another team that because they missed with Nikhil Harry, you're probably looking at trades or later round picks in the wide receiver room for competition for him in New England.
Speaker 1: So and we know they still high.
Speaker 3: And we know they don't know what they're doing when it comes to drafting wide receivers and haven for years, so.
Speaker 2: Rightctly, yeah, we know they're not going to make those early picks on him. So before we get to another wide receiver here, I got you got to subscribe to the Fantasy Pro's YouTube channel and comment below on this video, because when you do, you could win a free FRAE upgrade the Fantasy Pros Premium. Whether you're looking for custom mock draft, salary, cap tools, or in depth analysis of your fantasy performance, Fantasy Pros Premium has the tools to help you win unlock the most powerful fantasy tools in the industry.
Speaker 1: Don't want to wait for the giveaway.
Speaker 2: Sign up today at fantasypros dot com, slash Premium and start playing smarter, not harder. I'm gonna jump in with another one here, FITZI, because I have one less player than you, and this is my Jayleen Hyatt love Jalen Hyatt, currently Dynasty ECR of fifty seven. I have him at forty three and yes, it was only one year of production for Hyatt at Tennessee.
Speaker 1: But to me, he has almost unmatchable speed.
Speaker 2: I know, I mean it's hyperbole, of course, but Hendon Hooker just said, you know, I think you have a faster guy than Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's fast than tyreek Hill. But that's the type. That's the level of speed we're talking about.
Speaker 2: He kill competitiveness here, right and last season at Tennessee he was top twenty in yards after the catch, top ten in yards per route run, second in touchdowns in the country with fifteen. The Giants don't have anyone to dominate passes right now, as we talked about earlier with Danny Dimes, and I've said this before, I can't wait to see just you know, the deep route from Hyatt, the underneath from Waller, you know, the intermediate, and the underneath from Saquon. So that middle of the field for the Giants on a play like that, I think it's gonna be hard. You're gonna it's gonna be hard to not find somebody open there for Daniel Jones. So I'm excited about what he potentially brings to this offense and you know, he's dripping with potential. So if you can get him as a late wide receiver five, right now, I think that's a good deal. And I do think that, you know, when we start to see some preseason highlights and some training camp highlights and stuff, he's going to start moving up and up draft boards. So right now, I think if someone has drafted him, you're working a trade. Maybe you can get him as a kick in because his value solow. Maybe you can get him for a late pick next year or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hyatt is a guy that I'm gonna have a bunch of shares of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, not one of my favorite wide receivers in this class, but either he is a one trick pony, and if he is, boy that trick is, it's still one heck of a trick. I mean, this dude can absolutely fly, or he's more well rounded. We're than at least I'm giving him credit for, in which case he's absolutely undervalued.
Speaker 2: At this price and he's probably not more well rounded. But he comes into the league and you know you're not a finished project. Project, you know you're not a finished product. Come in, get some refinement, become a better player. And now you're you know, with that speed. That's a tool that you can't teach. So I'm excited about it. We'll move a little quicker on the last couple. One stand out before an hour here, But who you got up next here, FITZI.
Speaker 3: Alec Pierce, who right now? I think his dynasty ECR is wide receiver sixty one. And I heard Matt Harmon of Yahoo the Reception Perception got talking about this, like George Pickens and Alec Pierce not totally dissimilar profiles. Pickens ECR is wide receiver thirty two, pierces wide receiver sixty one. And I mean Pierce is six three, two hundred and eight pounds with four to four speed, and his average depth of target as a rookie was eleven point seven yards. This is a vertical receiver. Well, Anthony Richardson could be really good for Pierce for a couple of reasons. One is that Richardson has a big arm, so I think he is going to like letting that arm out. And it's like they've got the slot guy in Josh Downs. They've got sort of the the you know, middle of the field, you know, mid range guy, in Michael Pittman, and then like they've got the field stretcher in Pierce. And the other thing about it with the running threat that Anthony Richardson Poe's not to mention that the running threat Jonathan Taylor pos is you're not going to see safeties playing back twenty yards off the line of scrimmage against the call. It's like they're going to be cheating up and that's going to make it easier for Alec Pearce to do business downfield. So like, I'm excited about how he could possibly fit with Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 2: I like the I like the the comp with George Pickens Fitzy. I love it because it's kind of a like, you know, have you ever seen that book Eat This? Not that it'll like be what do you like to eat? We'll eat this instead. That's kind of what this is. It's like, we know you like George Pickens, right, but you could get this guy for you know, six seven rounds later. He's basically free ride now. And he has the same type of skill set. He didn't make those highlight catches, which is why. And he's not as weird and eccentric as Pickens, which is why Pickens is higher. But I love this pick especially as you mentioned with you know Richardson having the huge arm, So I really like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, am I go ahead, I.
Speaker 3: Was just gonna say, I mean, Pickens is is definitely like I don't think Pierce says that special contested catch ability that Pickens has. But Pierce might also be a better separator because we know Pickens has kind of struggled in that category so far.
Speaker 2: Sure, and both these guys once again young unfinished products, still a lot of room to grow, so I love it for both of them. Speaking of unfinished products, let's go to John Metchi my wide receiver forty eight. I wanted to make him at least as a bottom ended wide receiver number four right now is ECR is seventy one among you know wide receivers. And I understand people will take him off the board all because of the leukemia, and I get it right, Like, you know, he could be injury prone, he could not be very good, and look at Alabama. He also had DeVante Smith and his Heisman year next to him, and Jameson Williams in his year as the big Dog next to him as well. But I think that he helped both those guys, and both those guys helped him. You look at Houston, you got a brand new quarterback, and who is going to be the number one target guy here?
Speaker 1: Is it gonna be Schultz for sure? Because you have the ghost of Robins Woods in there.
Speaker 2: Nico Collins is good, but you know, and maybe he's the main guy. But I think John Metchi has a chance to be the number one wide receiver here. They waited to take Tank Dell. I think everybody's going to be on the field here for Houston, but I think Mechi has a real shot to earn his way as the Texans number one wide receiver. And he is free right now. He's a free agent pickup in most leagues, and you know, in deeper leagues he's a late late pick. Like I said, wide receiver seventy one on boards right now. So I'm all over getting John Metschi for free right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's interesting. Bugs. We're gonna have a kind of interesting test case in baseball here with Liam Hendrix, the White Sox closer coming back from about with cancer. And you know, I'm interested to see how that goes. Not that like you know, he and MATCHI have like exactly the same situations or anything. But you know, it'll be interesting to see how close to the old Liam Hendricks he is when he comes back, because he was pretty dominant.
Speaker 1: James Color went through it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very true, and he came back as good as new. So I think you're probably right. And it's another case of out of sight, out of mind, as it is with his you know, former running mate at Alabama, Jamison Williams. So it'll be nice to have both of those guys in an NFL field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just free too. I mean that was really the main point was this guy is free right now. Yeah, you know, put up a couple of highlight reel catches in the preseason. He's not going to be so. But you have the last two players here, FITZI, who do you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I can go through these guys pretty quickly. Bogs one is Khalil Shakir, also very cheap. I think he's going to be the Bill's slot guy this year. You know, they do not have Isaiah McKenzie anymore. They did bring in Deontay Hardy, but Deontay Hardy is six five foot six, and I really think he's just going to be a kick return guy and a gadget guy. And you know, they did bring in Cole Beasley again late last year, and I know Beasley has expressed interest in coming back this year, but he's thirty four man, and you know, I just don't know exactly, and I think Shakier is just better than those guys. And you know, one thing Shakiir did really well and better than any other rookie wide receiver last year was get open against man coverage. And according to PFF, shakir separation rate against man coverage forty eight point six percent, So that did lead all rookie receivers. And if he can just become that effective or nearly that effective against zone, he's going to be really good. And I just love this guy. When he was at Boise State, Bogs so competitive and really really special after the catch, like you know, not necessarily that fast, but just like so determined to get yardage after the catch. And uh, for some real Bill synergy Bogs. He's been working with Eric Molds in the offseason. I love seeing that.
Speaker 1: For some reason.
Speaker 3: Man, that's that's just really cool. So I'm in Shakir, who is very cheap. By the way, My final guy will wrap it up with Jolannie Woods, who is you know, talk about an athletic specimen. This dude is six ' seven, has the wingspan of a pterodactyl pterodactyl and man four point six toy one speed like that size and uh you know, that kind of movement ability and we saw like little flashes of it last year. He had a two touchdown game against the Chiefs and bogs Heed an eight cats three yard game against your Pittsburgh Steelers last year. So he's yeah, he's pretty clearly the tight end one for Indie and uh, you know, I'm excited to see what he's going to do this year.
Speaker 2: I wrote up tight ends in the Black Book. Also a very big fan of Jelani Woods. I think that extremely underrated right now. And Shakiro, I know our boy Erickson loves Deanta Hardy because they gave Bills, gave him a little money, is going to be that first slot option. But look, Shakira is free right now, wide receiver eighty three on the board, lower than Mechi that we were talking about. So I think that both these guys are great buys, especially Woods, But I mean throw a dart on Shakiri probably pick them up for free on a lot of wires right now, So that is going to wrap it up. We hope you guys enjoyed our undervalued players. Who do you think is undervalued? Who did we miss sign? Let us know in the comments. We appreciate you guys. Remember follow us on Twitter app, bog on Sports for myself at fits Underscore FF for FITZI, and we will see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Take it easy, everybody.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros