Speaker 1: The club expects their golf proth and their assistant pros to make sure everything's perfect.
Speaker 2: We want a club row that can play like Tiger, teach like butch merchandise like Ralph Lauren, and tell jokes like Bob Hope. Right, it is absolutely The problem is the amount of pay for the amount of work.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mesh for clubs.
Speaker 3: If you don't make these changes, you're not going to get the people you want.
Speaker 1: Your product is going to suffer.
Speaker 3: People are not going to want to come play there, They're going to go elsewhere, and you're eventually going to go out of business. Is Seth Will helping? He's the right guy in the driver's seat, But is there a vehicle he can drive that can make it any better?
Speaker 2: People are put on earth to make everybody's lives better, right, Like? How can he not want to be surrounded by those people?
Speaker 1: Right then?
Speaker 2: And that's what our PGA professional is. You know, it's not perfect, We're not perfect times far from perfect.
Speaker 1: We're moving the needle, making a lot.
Speaker 2: Of progress and I hope people are noticing it. But that's not the point either, right. The point is leaving the room better. And I'm going to keep fighting to do that every day.
Speaker 4: Put another log on the fire. Nobody here is to get the time.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the fire pit with Matt Janella.
Speaker 3: We're back and not so fresh off what I would consider a wonky US Open. Congrats to Wynd and Clark for what he pulled off. My condolences to Ricky and Rory for missing yet another opportunity to win a big one. As for Lacc, I've said my piece on Twitter. I felt compelled to know more about the club and possibly play the course before watching all week the way it was presented, what we heard about the rules and the membership, small crowds, the commandeering of tickets which led to that lack of volume and energy. It was all a bit of a turn off for me, but for a lot. More on the US Open stories and podcasts by my colleagues Alan Schipnook and Michael Bamberger go to Firepicollective dot com. As for this week, the women are at Baltis Rawl for the KPMG Women's PGA Championship. A perfect time to wrap up this series on the club pro crisis, especially considering my guest is Susie Whaley who in twenty eighteen, became the first female president of the PGA of America, a position she held for two years. Whaley is a dual member of the PGA of America and LPGA Teaching and Club Professional Division. She was an LPGA Tour member in nineteen ninety and nineteen ninety three. She is a two time Connecticut PGA Teacher of the Year. She's a three time Connecticut Women's Open Champion, and in two thousand and three, at the Greater Hertford Open, she became the first woman since Babes Ziharius in nineteen forty five to qualify for APGA Tour event. A nineteen eighty nine graduate of the University of North Carolina with the degree in economics. In twenty fifteen, Whaley received the Margodideck Award from the WNBA's Connecticut son for her ability to engage, challenge, and inspire while serving as a role model. In twenty sixteen, she was inducted into the Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame, and in twenty seventeen, she was honored with the Betsy Rawls Award from the American Junior Golf Association for her service, dedication, and contributions to women's golf. Whaley's husband, Bill is also a PGA member and they have two daughters, Jennifer and Kelly. Before we get to my uninterrupted conversation with Susie, I want to thank Dormy Workshop, my sponsor of this podcast. Dormy Workshop is an incredible golf family business based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where all they do is make quality leather headcovers and accessories. I found the Bishop Brothers at the PGA Merchandise Show almost ten years ago. I've been promoting their people and products ever since. Go to Dormy Workshop dot com and use promo code fire Pit fifteen for fifteen percent off your next purchase. Or go to the Pit shop at Firepitcollective dot com and order one of our Dormy headcovers or stash bags. And now Susie Wailey and the conversation we had in April, what makes a good club pro looky?
Speaker 1: There's twenty nine thousand of us, right, and I always think of us as PGA professionals, which is just a anacular right because many of those PGA professionals don't actually work at a club. Some of them work for manufacturers, some of them work in the media. Some of them work as engineers, some of them work is across the board. So when you're talking about a club professional, I would say somebody who's actually physically going day in and day out to a facility that has a area where you check in to go play golf. You know, that's what I consider a club professional. And I think what makes a great golf professional is somebody who knows their customers, somebody who has a welcoming and inclusive environment that people want to return to. And I think when you accomplish that with any customer, you are being successful. What are the traits that great club protests have. They're diligent, they're loyal, they're service hearted, they're task oriented people, very detail oriented. They're good players. They wouldn't be a PGA professional if they weren't a good player. They have to pass the pat They're typically friendly, high energy, and work extremely long hours without complaint. And so you know, as you look at club professionals around the country and you think of the jobs that they're doing, most of us are incredibly passionate about golf. We love the game, or we wouldn't be doing what we're doing. We probably grew up most often in the game, but I can't speak for all. Some of them have come in later in life as a second career. But I've worked at golf courses since I was fourteen years old, and I just, I truly can't imagine. I was going to go to law school out of college, thought that was going to be my path, ended up going to tour school. Told my parents, you know, and I'm not going to go to law school. I'm going to go to tour school. Took a right turn and actually got on tour somehow made it through your school, and it changed my life forever. But when I think about it, and I have to think I relate to so many others like me. I don't want to talk for them. But I can't imagine being inside. I can't imagine being behind a desk. I love being outside. I love people. I love interacting on a day to day with people. I love people who love golf, even if they're terrible at it, you know, I mean, it's just for me. It gives me great joy. So I also think really good club professionals are people who like what they do.
Speaker 3: The word crisis as it relates to club pros meaning trying to make sure there's a feeder system of people who are willing to do this job for the hours it requires, for the amount of pay. That is kind of is kind of the model right now, would you say there is you know that word crisis? Is that accurate? What's your perspective on sort of the state of this industry as it relates to kind of making sure we have people that are willing to kind of keep coming and keep taking these positions and roles and keep being successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, I wouldn't call it crisis. So, you know, I think that certainly what we're in is the time that nobody else has ever experienced. Right, So, we had this pandemic and I certainly didn't think I would ever live through a pandemic. I'm sure most people didn't. And what it turned into was when the pandemic hit, we had literally twenty nine thy thousand people out of work. I happen to be president of the association at the time. When you get the call that work is over, everybody go home and then the first thing you think of is, you know, calling your CEO and your board and saying, okay, we had to pivot as quickly as possible, how we're going to help our PGA professionals. So that a crisis one hundred percent because we had people out of work and at the time there was no subsidies from the government. We knew golf courses were closing instantaneously. We knew jobs were at jeopardy if the manufacturers couldn't produce and couldn't work. We didn't have people with equipment. So we pivoted from every one of our strategies right to how do we help our membership. That's who we are, that's what we do, that's why we're in association, and what do we need? What do we do? First? And then secondly was how do we get golf courses open as quickly as possible and how do we convince government and legislature that we can do it in a responsible way and keep people safe. And we couldn't promise that, but we could promise that we could have PGA professionals literally delivering facilities in a responsible manner as they self fit with the CDC. That took an enormous, herculean effort to get golf courses back open and to convince cities, states and counties to do it. Because you might have one county that was twenty miles away from another, one's open and one's not. And so when we finally wrapped our arms around that, alongside the other allies, we certainly didn't do it by ourself. We had everybody in world Washington when we had the opportunity to get people back to work. Alongside it being really thankful for the subsidies that were delivered to anybody that was out of work. We also started a golf relief fund, and we I feel, I can't you know, there were certainly were people who suffered through this. So I don't want to sound like we helped everybody, but we averted a crisis for our membership, which I'm proud to have been a part of. But again it was a group effort to do that. I think what occurred then, to your point from earlier is people started falling in love with golf. Those that played golf and always loved to just play more. Those that had left it were like, well, gosh, I got to get outside, I got to go do something, you know what, Let's dust off the clubs and get back to it. Maybe they left because of illness or family or whatever. Child responsibilities, job changes, and then we had people who've never played the game say, well, gosh, at least we can go through that, you know, let's give that a try, and the golf just flat exploded. We had more juniors. We still have more juniors than we've ever had. I think the last research that came out by the National Golf Foundation a couple of weeks ago, and I I'd be off on my weeks. But now we have actually more off course golfers than we even have on course golfers, which is twenty six point five million, So we have double plus that in off course. So golf is just in an unbelievable place right now, where t sheets are full, people are happy, and families are playing the game like we've always wanted forever. I think where things got to see you and where some articles have shared what's happening is while facilities have less team, meaning less people on the ground, they are working double hours and during COVID, I think most of our professionals willingly did that. We understood that we were giving people a rest bit and I remember, like most of us really want to give back to our communities. That's why we do what we do. And we felt really strongly that we were doing that in an unbelievable way, and I think at home feeling really good about ourselves, Like we got to see people every day, which I think was a gift for us and for our mental health. But we also got to see people getting outside and enjoying it and maybe if we get a little a little bit of joy in their day during this incredibly scary time, we were doing the right thing. But what that turned into was a perception that we were able to keep those hours going, that we could work very long hours, seven days a week, with smaller teams and with the same amount of club participants, if not more than we had had prior, and so it turned into this really enormous balance that was getting out of balance crisis. I would say no, but it's taken us still, And I say that loosely us being PGA professionals and leadership to educate boards, to educate facilities, to educate municipalities, to educate consumers as to what's going on. And while revenues are increasing at facilities because of Golf's participation dramatically, many facilities are using those revenue increases for capital expensu sures and I happen to believe that your human capital is your best capital. So where I see an issue is, all right, let's help build these teams back, Let's help compensate the PGA professionals that are in these seats that are delivering these opportunities, and let's use some of the revenues that we've actually been enhanced by to do that. And you take care of your human capital, I think your business runs better.
Speaker 3: There is like this work life balance an awareness issue COVID, you know, demand and at the end of the day that you guys are an association, but you're not a union, right, so it's like it's still pretty splintered. So to fix all of that takes time and communication. Is that affair assessment?
Speaker 1: I think it does, and it does take education. It just takes reminding people, you know. I think what was if there was something good about COVID was certainly golf's surge, but also the fact that people were able to be home with their families more and we were home with our families less far less, And I just think when people think about it for a second, and so let's say your golf professional isn't there on a Friday morning. What would happen typically is that people would say, where were you? You know, you weren't even here on Friday, and you're thinking to yourself, oh my gosh, I've been here the last sixty eight days in a row and I needed to, you know, go home and go to a doctor's appointment, or or I needed to handle something in my you know, my family's life. But it wasn't. I don't I really believe this. It wasn't. It's not an intentional aggression against what we do or what we're doing. It just became a habit for consumers to always have that availability, and the one place they could go for that sanctuary was their golf facility. And that's what we've always wanted. We've always wanted people to feel like this was their community. We want you to feel like this is a safe place, your home. We want you to be there, and I want to be there for you. But what got lost in the mix was we we trained the golf world that we were going to be there twenty four to seven. And I just think when you explain it to people in a way like that, whether it's your board of directors, your managers, your town managers, your owner, and you say, you know, look, I love what I do and I'm passionate about what I do, but I also have other things in my life that I have to handle so I can be better for you on the property. And here's the following. And I think what we're trying to do, and the Association is trying to do, is educate the leadership at clubs, to educate municipalities. We're not complaining, we are not whining about it, and I mean that sincerely. It's just let's just talk about what is possible for PGA professional to actually be the best PJA professional that can be at your facility. And let's make sure we're balancing not with what we know we can and can't do.
Speaker 3: We know there's massive growth as it relates to women coming to the game playing the game. Is that also translating? Is it too soon to understand if that's going to also result in a surge in women's leadership roles within the game as it relates to club pros and positions of impact beyond people like yourself.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm excited to see the growth in play. So women's play is dramatically at women the amount of beginners that are learning the game, I think close to I don't know my numbers correct, but sober fifty percent of them are women. And what's really exciting is in the junior space, thirty five percent are girls. So when you think about all that data, thirty five percent certainly not being where we'd like it to be. Okay, I want it a fifty one. Okay, let's just.
Speaker 3: I want to be one up golf.
Speaker 1: I'm at. Yeah, that's where I'm editor. And but you know, you think about that for where we used to be in twenty ten, right, I mean, we're talking about massive growth, and that's exciting. Ten years from now, I think golf will look extremely different than it does today because of that junior growth and because of new growth amongst women, I think amongst our PGA professionals and LPGA professionals. So there's about and again don't quote me on these numbers, there's about two thousand LPGA professionals. But that's global. There are some in Asia as well. I'm a dual member. I'm a member of the LPGA and I'm a member of the PGA of America. We're about we're getting we're nearing five percent in the PGA of America. So you think about five percent, and that's that's abysmal, right. So you know, we've put in places intentional and actionable steps to try to increase those numbers and to showcase what golf is all about. We're an eighty six billion dollar industry and there are many facets of this industry that women can be a part of. I highlighted an engineer who female engineer, the stealth driver for Taylor me. And you know, I think as we think about rules in golf for women, I think, oftentimes and again not unintentional, but people just think of us as coaches, right, they think of women, they think, oh that you must teach the juniors, right, And I love teaching the juniors. I love teaching women. I love teaching men. I am a coach at heart. I love it. But not all women want to coach. Women want to be owners and operators and directors of golf and tournament operators and rules officials and run manufacturing companies, which they are doing. But we don't hear about it very often. And so I do believe it, if you could see it, you can be it. And I think as we showcase. My Journey app just came out, which is really cool that we're using it at the PGA of America. I'm one of the mentors on it, so are multiple other women in golf. And I think when people can see different avenues and different tracks, we will have an opportunity to gain more attraction amongst women instead of them just thinking their pigeonholed into one particular entity of the golf business. They want to be a coach. We have every platform possible to allow them to do that, but I think we have to think about it in a different way and sort of clubs. You know, men are still the employers at most clubs fact, and people typically hire who they look like, right, And we need more women promoted, We need more women elevated, and we need more clubs to think about women running their facilities, not just as general managers, but in head golf professionals, positions and directors of golf. That's not a lot we have some You know, if some directors and instructions at high end clubs join a cos at Marion, Kathy Kim's at Baltimore and we were you know, little by little you're starting to see those opportunities happen. We have gms that are females, but it's woefully, woefully and painfully behind. So we put in recruiting efforts at the PGA of America, at the collegiate level where we're showcasing to these young women. Look, if you choose not to play, we encourage you to. But if you choose not to play and use that as your career, we would love to have you as a part of our industry and let us share with you some of the opportunities that exist. And it's going to take us time. It's going to take us time to grow that, but we're on it. I know the leadership now, I'm not a part of that now, but I know the leadership now is committed to that. And we started programs like PGA Lead to help women in governance. So now we have presidents of sections that are women, we have boards of directors that are women in PGA of America governance. I'm proud of that, but we've got a long way to go.
Speaker 3: Seth waw I say his name and his commitment to the PGA of America, to the membership to trying to you know, to trying to advance the ball, leave the world better than he found it, so to speak, because it relates to this particular segment of golf. What are your thoughts on him and the impact he's.
Speaker 1: Had Well, A cherish my time with Seth A cherish working with him. I was so fortunate to have somebody with his kind of experience in the seat when the pandemic hit, somebody that was incredibly calm and steady at the helm, that could navigate it and be a really agile leader. I also think Seth truly wants to help PGA professionals in a way that's authentic and believes in their value and respects what we do. And I think as a leader, that's what you need to ask for. You need to ask for somebody who's actually leading people that they respect. And I've never felt, with Seth in the room that being a golf professional was something I shouldn't be proud of, and I think that's made an enormous difference in what he's been able to accomplish. He has unbelievable connections within the game. We all know that. I think when you're thinking about a pandemic and hosting a PGA championship, during a pandemic and making a phone call to the PGA tour to change dates to help us manage that maneuver that get a new data on the calendar. Those things don't happen without relationships and really strong relationships. When you think about the Ryder Cup and what we had to do to make that be an event still, because remember we had to move it, and that's not that easy to do in a tour calendar year and a tour schedule alongside a President's Cup and people, I don't know that people need to understand that, but that was again a herculean effort by all involved to make sure we still had a Ryder Cup. And the Ryder Cup really truly is such a huge and an enormous part of our association because it helps fund education, employment, everything we do for our members. We need that event and seth in my opinion, and our board and our staff alongside of everybody, all of our partners, any of our worldwide partners are domestic partner, all of those had to be talked to as we were trying to navigate these two enormous championships for our membership. So when you think about talking to a Cadillac or a BMW. You think about, Okay, what do they think? Are they just going to pull? Can they hang in there with us? Can we be great partners and extend for three more years? All of those conversations had by our teams are why we are an association that's stronger, in my opinion, and even better today, and that's thanks to Seth and the team he's put together and our board who literally was a part of that every day.
Speaker 3: This idea of unionizing in some way, shape or form, that is that just really unrealistic and not worth a lot of time or energy, you know, some of these other things that you have mentioned, programs, incentivizing awareness, education, information, unionizing. You know, I've asked pretty much, Buddy, I've interviewed as a way of kind of wrapping your arms around the industry, and but it just but it doesn't seem like it's even remotely possible to me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You yeah, I don't think it is. But I rarely say things like that because I think anything is possible, you know, if you kind of figure it out. So you know, I'm not going to say it's not possible. I'm just going to say that I don't think it would be fortuitous for our for our members. I don't think it would be the right play. But that's my personal opinion. That's not a governance opinion of the PGA of America's opinion. I know, I'm a huge believer in people being able to capitalize on their strengths and on what they do best. And I think when you put people into a box of a certain requirement and a certain amount of hours, I think I think you maybe stifle people. And I think we have a lot of incredibly talented golf professionals who are in multiple lanes, and then we have golf professionals who on the same lane their whole career and love it. And there's nothing wrong with either space, right, But I would want to I would want facilities and professionals to be able to grow and do it in a sense that they both felt productive doing it without being hampered by rules and regulations that we impost. That's ja American post.
Speaker 3: Your energy and passion and the way you articulate yourself and you know you you said you have to see it before you know. If you see it, you can feel like you can be it. I mean you must I mean, you're timing your role as president during that time working with people like Seth managing that you know your You've got platforms, You've got relationships. I mean you you really have a full set of fourteen clubs that you can hit to make a difference. Does it feel like the stars have aligned for you, specifically, Susie Whaley to actually really have the kind of impact that you I've already have and are going to continue to. I mean, you seem like you are relentlessly in pursuit of making a difference.
Speaker 1: Well, so I appreciate that very much. I thought about that fourteen clubs. I don't know, I feel like maybe half a set. I don't know how to go straight to fourteen. I think you always have something to learn, and there's no way you got it all down right. I Mean, every time I go to a teaching some and I think I got it down, I'm like, heck, yeah, I know what I'm doing. I can teach anybody. And I go to teaching some and I get in the car, I'm like, I know absolutely nothing. I have learned nothing in the thirty years that I have taught golf, and I have to think about it. Like for another week. I mean, I'm constantly digging classes. I you know, I just subscribe to I hang out with people that are just much smarter than I am, right, And and that's like the way to be successful. It doesn't mean I don't learn and try to be smart, but I try to find people in my world who teach me something, who who absolutely have way more knowledge than I do in the space. And my time spent with the PGA of America as a leader, I can stay absolutely it helped me become a better leader. And you know, in the beginning, you just you know, you think you know what you're doing, and then you realize how many other micro little things need to be managed and handled, and how to integrate with stuff, and then how to make sure you're telling your constituency and communicating to them on a basis that they feel part of it. And there were times I didn't do that well, and there were times where I did do that well. And I think from that you learn, like what you just said in the beginning, where oh gosh, I made this air. This is what I said, and that certainly wasn't intentional. I think every leader at anybody that's out in public that happens to I think, I think what you have to turn to is okay, and it sounds so cliche, but like, all right, let's crew that up. You know, what do we learn from it? What did I miss? How did I miss it? And how did I make sure I don't miss it again? And then I think, to the other side of that is when I say only have a half a set. You know, I really feel like I'm in the beginning of my career. And I know that sounds really strating, but I feel like I'm in the beginning of my career because I think I'm at a point in my life and my experiences of my age where I've had it. I've had it, and I have a platform to talk about it in a respectful way. Understanding the history of the game and the culture of the game. You know, I get it. I get where we are today, and I'm proud of the progress that's been made in golf and where we're headed. I'm proud of the fact that we are super popular, but I want to know where the heck we're going. I want to know how we're going to do it better, and I want to be a part of that. Conversation. And so when you say do I have fourteen? I don't feel like I've even started. And I'm ready. I'm ready for that next challenge.
Speaker 3: When you're saying all that, are you are you directly referring to women? Are you referring to women in golf? Are you referring to women in golf? Or are you referring to PGA you know, PGA pros. Are you like or is it kind of all of it like you want?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you just forgot the media. That is the bucket in there too. And again, I look at this, it's not a it's not a it's something that I'm passionate about. It's not something that I'm saying negatively. It's just I think, you know, I think a lot of us are just harder saying we're grateful for the opportunity, and yeah, that's where women come in.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm done with hearing about why don't more people watch the LPGA? Well, where are we supposed to watch them? You know? Where are they? Where are we seeing them? I mean, if you look in the paper, I won't if they're in it. If you look in any digital publication, not the paper, That's how all day, any digital publication, right, any any Twitter feed? I mean, does anybody know who won the last three LPGA? Like, like honestly likes it's It's actually appalling to me. And I don't think it's necessarily intentional. I just think it's our culture in the game that needs to be changed. When people talk about the game, they talk about the professional men's game. Right. When I have conversations with my juniors, I always say, who's your favorite female player?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: My juniors now know that, Right, there's so many young girls playing and so many boys now watching women's golf. But I don't understand why we're not seeing it more. And why is only five percent of media publications on women's sports in general? Why is that? That's just a question right for people? That Okay, that's where I get all the king on Twitter, Like people will write me back a thousand reasons why right, but none of them make any sense? Like that doesn't mean make sense just because you like to watch men's Okay, good for you, glad to watch men's sports. But I watch men's sports and one in sports and some of these different women, like women need to watch women's sports. This isn't all on men, right, we all we all just need to participate in it. And so I think when you ask me what is that all about, you know, it's about making sure that the next generation has it better than we have. Right. The next generation is that to fight so hard. And I'm here to tell you that golf women have to fight really hard. And there is space for women, and there is space for junior girls in golf. We shouldn't have to fight this hard.
Speaker 3: I'm pumped up, I'm fired up. I want to go through a wall for you and for everybody behind you. I'm just like, I just I really wow. I had done enough things at Golf Channel, at the Golf Industry Show in which I realized there was a crisis around the agronome of the game. Getting young people to show up early, work long hours, to tend to the golf course itself is a problem. There's not you know, they're closing or Granaby programs there, They're having kids, don't work that many hours for that kind of pay. They're like, I'll do something. I'll put you know, I'll be a gamer whatever it is. And then I just wasn't aware that it also sort of relays to the club Pro World or the PGA Pro also that young people were like, wait a minute, that many hours for that kind of pay. I like golf, but I just met somebody at my club that's now offered me a job in their law firm, and I'm going to go back to lawsuit, you know what I mean, Like, we got to keep good people in this industry that seemed to be at the heart of kind of this matter that I was getting into. You know, when I started reporting, it was like, Wow, I get that. I didn't realize that also related to managing clubs and not just managing the courses. So that was my hole in my glove. And now I've know a lot more and I'll continue to learn and share what I learned.
Speaker 1: That's it so well. I love it. Anything you can do that to support the effort is great and I appreciate the time and I really do. I think it's amazing. And the more we can educate and make aware, I mean, then we can help for some change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's going to happen. And I think the good news is it's like, hey, we're in the middle of the drought, but guess what, we got a lot of rain coming, Like you know, there is this you know, you talked about an abysmal number as it relates to women in the in the industry at five percent. But more women, more women are playing, more girls are playing there for there's it's only natural to know. And then you have someone like you and others who are in these roles, leadership roles and have platforms that are going to continue to make sure that you know these This mentorship happens where it's like, hey, let me help you be who you want to be in this industry that you need that too. You need you to get people who want to be you right to your point, so right right, and we're getting there.
Speaker 1: We're getting there. I mean, I'm really proud of the work that's been put in. I just there's it's not enough.
Speaker 3: I love I love it. Well, God's read Susie Whaley and keep going and I can't wait to continue to observe and report on the progress.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate it, appreciate the time.
Speaker 3: Well that's it for now. At least I've already heard from countless PGA pros and club pros around the country offering their thoughts on how and why things need to change. Some more positive than others. The plan is to revisit this in a few weeks with a wrap up podcast and another wave of voices and perspectives based on what has been said throughout this series. If you want to be one of those voices, I can be reached on my social channels or at Matt Janella at gmail dot com. Thanks again to Susie Whaley, Seth Waugh, Chandler Withington, Butch Harmon, Shane Ryan, Rick Riley, Bryan Souley, Jack Davis, Robin's Manly, Cody Sinkler, Josh Doxeter Kieran Kenwar, Connor Evers, and Brad Sniper for their thoughts and perspectives on this industry. And to Jake Muldowney, the producer of the fire Pit podcast. And thanks to you for listening and for your love of the game that, more than anything, continues to be the common denominator here. It's a sport that's easy to hate, swing to swing, but also so easy to love. Round a round course to course, friend to friend, memory to memory, year to year that seems clear. And on that note, the full fire Pit Anthem written and performed by Joe Horowitz, a friend and pro in the Mets section, who might be just as good with the guitar and Mike as he is with a bag of clubs. The song, which is called The Story, was produced by Jakir King, a Grammy Award winning friend in Nashville who loves golf as much as we all do.
Speaker 4: Put another log on the fire. Nobody here is get the time.