Speaker 1: It's a Brook and Jeffrey podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, and don't forget you can still text in your thoughts, your feelings, your opinions to seven eight five nine two.
Speaker 1: I mean we almost always respond, oh that we read them, though, yeah, we do read them. Okay, well we'll read them. I can guarantee you that.
Speaker 2: Okay, seven eight five nine two, And the full show starts right now.
Speaker 3: I've already been here for an hour, and I can tell you this challenge is much much worse than I imagined.
Speaker 1: It would, really really does.
Speaker 3: If you don't know what I'm referring to, all four hosts are participating in our annual big summer event. This one's called the You Wouldn't Dare Summertime Challenge.
Speaker 4: The music that you're.
Speaker 3: Hearing right now is part of my challenge, which is happening today. I'm the first person to go and all day long, whenever I leave this studio, I have to dance the Devil's Tango aka the Macarena for the entire eight hours that we're here, possibly longer depending on how our day goes.
Speaker 1: You also have to sing it.
Speaker 4: I do have to sing.
Speaker 2: I just want to add that to it, because I haven't actually seen you go to the bathroom yet today, which is a little concerning.
Speaker 3: It's weird that you monitor my bathroom breaks. Concerning to me.
Speaker 2: It's a big announcement when you're walking down the hallway to go to use the toilet.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm almost go into a sales meeting in a little bit here too, so I'm gonna have to do it while I'm in there. And I gotta say, going into this, I thought that I got off easy compared to everybody else's challenge. You did, ye, But I'm gonna tell you why mine is harder, and I dislike it so much because one, like you said, I have to sing my own mocharena music the entire time. I don't get the help of a real soundtrack thanks to copyright issues.
Speaker 1: You don't love singing.
Speaker 3: Two, I've had Brooke as you've heard barking in my ear all morning. Hey, you took one step out of the studio.
Speaker 4: I didn't see you. Shake it, boy, that's right, you move those hips.
Speaker 1: Suit.
Speaker 2: If I'm doing a fast food to cathalon, the least you can do is just put some palms out for the mocharina.
Speaker 3: Everyone's I feel like an attractive woman walking by construction site. Every time I passed, he's getting cat called to move it. And also nobody is joining me in the dance. The macarena is supposed to be a group thing. It's just really sad with one guy doing It'll buy himself.
Speaker 4: I would join you. I don't think's gonna let me.
Speaker 1: Hey, if we were on a booze cruise, i'd do it with you.
Speaker 3: Digital Jak even said he wants to video me and the elevator doing the makarena out to my car when I leave.
Speaker 1: That's right, I didn't see you come in this morning. Did you do it?
Speaker 3: I did it all the way in, from the moment I walked through the door. Oh, it's gonna be a long day.
Speaker 2: Maybe your arms will finally get a workout.
Speaker 4: On that really harsh note.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to the shot collar question the other day with Digital Jake, who's taking a break from filming me to ask us some trivia.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yes, not doing the marcarina right now.
Speaker 1: Now he's out of the studio, Okay.
Speaker 5: I remind every one that what you just heard from young Jeffrey is all true. We are enjoying it, you know, Brooke is enjoying it more than anyone else. In fact, she's already said if she catches Jeff not shaking what his mama gave him, even for a second, then he will have to join her during her summer challenge, the Drive through the Cathology.
Speaker 1: You fail, you pay Jeff.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: But now, in a show of moral support for Jeff's day long boogie session, We're all going to partake in a mental merangue during an all you can dance edition of the One and Done Shot Collar Question of the Day, starting with the person with the least rhythm in the room.
Speaker 1: That's Alexis.
Speaker 5: Alexis, what famous rapper was a professionally trained ballet dancer? Was it Drake, Tupac or fifty cent? Maybe that was Tupac's like part of his name. He was supposed to be to Tupac.
Speaker 1: Actually, I do like that. I know Drake. It seems most likely just because he was a child actor.
Speaker 4: A Canadian child. Yeah, you could have been.
Speaker 2: I mean, any kid that's in showbiz that early has taken a lot of dance in theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've commenced me, I'll say, Drake.
Speaker 5: Alexis said Drake and that is its uncorrect. It was the member of the one hundred and twenty seventh Street Ensemble, a Harlem based theater company. Tupac Shakur.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 5: I wonder what he's doing, Jose, too soon, Jose. In nineteen sixty four, after a performance of the Swan Lake Ballet at the Vienna Opera, Margot Fontaine and Rudolph Nuriev received a record amount of curtain calls from the audience that is still unmatched.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Is the real number of curtain calls higher or lower than thirty?
Speaker 7: Whoa?
Speaker 4: Ow?
Speaker 3: Like after twenty thirty time the audience loved it that much?
Speaker 1: Can you still be grateful? By the thirtieth one?
Speaker 7: It's like, I'm trying to go home. Guys, Come on it.
Speaker 1: Did the audience just decide to troll them at that point? Hey, let's see how many times we get him.
Speaker 8: I think I think it's wild and it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be even higher.
Speaker 5: Wow, Jose said, it's higher than thirty curtain calls, and the real number is higher. It was actually eighty nine curl way.
Speaker 7: I thought it was gonna be like thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Did that take longer than the actual production of Swung.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure, Jose You're safe. You get jeff turn In nineteen ninety six, seventy two thousand people gathered to perform the largest crowd ever to perform one particular dance. Were they doing the Chicken dance, a conga line, or your favorite the macarena?
Speaker 4: Yeh ja do a mockarena? Question?
Speaker 1: When did the makarena come out? Nineteen eighty six? I feel like it was.
Speaker 4: Half or it was right around that time.
Speaker 3: Though maybe that's the perfect area. The thing is, the makarena gets so tiring after just like a couple sessions of doing it. It just makes sense to do a conga line with seventy two thousand people, like the coolest longest congo.
Speaker 4: Line of all time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but where I mean? It feels like it's almost too long. How would you all fit in a line down?
Speaker 1: He could circle it up.
Speaker 4: Literally, that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: I want to say it's the conga, Jeffrey said, the conga. The real dance was not that. It was the Chicken dance. Seventy two thousand people doing the Chicken dance, the longest congo line ever happened in nineteen eighty eight, and that was twelve thousand.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, water, So Alexis and.
Speaker 5: Jeff both got it wrong. Brook, it's your turn. The movie Footloose focused on a religious town that abolished dancing. The lead actor was Kevin Bacon, was almost a different person. Blew out his A c L during the audition. Was it Tom Cruise, Rob Low or John Travolta.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, put him in another dance movie. It almost feels like too much right.
Speaker 4: Tom Cruise was dancing in risky business.
Speaker 1: But I don't think Tom Cruise would get injured. There's just something about.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, he dives out of moving airplanes with no parachute and survived after.
Speaker 7: Take the one time.
Speaker 1: I mean, Rob Low does feel like he would easily. Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 5: Said Rob Low And the real actor was He says he has bad memories about it, never wants anything to do with the movie. And the Bruisers also wanted Tom Crui, but he had a scheduling conflicts.
Speaker 1: So funny.
Speaker 3: Shame belongs to Rob Low, me and Alexis today. So we're going to be singing Just Dance by Lady Gaga while we get shot.
Speaker 1: That's a break from the maccarena today.
Speaker 3: Jeff all right, you take the lead.
Speaker 4: You just dance.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be danced at hand motion.
Speaker 4: That's question of.
Speaker 6: The day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well, I just had one of the most awkward moments of my life when I popped into the middle of a sales meeting in the conference room while doing the macarena dance with no music behind me. By the way, Jake came.
Speaker 1: Out because he came into film with you and said that was the most awkward moment of my life. And he wasn't even doing the dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just singing it very quietly during the meeting because we can't play the actual song online for copyright reasons. But I'm sitting in my chair macharinaing away while the sales lead is up at the projector's screen talking about quarterly profits or whatever they were talking about.
Speaker 1: They continued, they continued with the meeting.
Speaker 9: They did.
Speaker 6: Wat.
Speaker 3: Well, this is all part of my you wouldn't dare summertime challenge if you didn't know where. I have to do the macarena all day anytime I leave the studio, so you can see the video of it up on our TikTok Approok and Jeffrey And afterwards, one of our salespeople came up to me and said they actually had to go back and redo half of the meeting because everyone was so distracted by me, they couldn't focus on what was happening.
Speaker 4: We're trying to run a company here.
Speaker 1: Why didn't they laugh for anything? Then?
Speaker 3: Clearly I'm not making any friends here. Oh my god, you guys know I already have a hard enough. I'm connecting with the folks around here just on a normal day to day basis, and now you're making me do this.
Speaker 1: You kept saying how easy this was, so honestly, I'm glad it was worse.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only thing that's more embarrassing is the fact that Alexis didn't realize it was a Spanish song and thought the words were one macha t maca three macharina, four maca, five macha six mochare. It's not true, it's Spanish words.
Speaker 1: I actually thought it was.
Speaker 2: That far Spanish after the third macharnabod.
Speaker 4: Else anybody else your comments on the challenge.
Speaker 3: That I just did, and by anybody, I mean anyone except Brook, who keeps asking that I danced with tighter jeans on anybody.
Speaker 1: It's like at one point you were just whistling out in the hallway.
Speaker 3: You know, all right, I'm done with the criticism. Hit out the Brook and Jefferys TikTok to see my all day mock arena. You wouldn't dare.
Speaker 4: Summer Challenge. Laser Stories is next.
Speaker 3: It's the radio segment that started a brand new sports league called the TGA Tour TGA Turtle Golfing Associations, where tiny trained tortoises play a regulation sized eighteen whole course and they do have to walk the whole thing, so one round lasts about twenty nine years.
Speaker 1: They're including turtles and tortoises.
Speaker 3: Though you can bet on it too if you've survived long enough to collect the winnings. So get in with Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser. Those other turt squirts just don't turtle. First Stories out of Auburn, New York, thirty eight year old Hannah Pierce got her fiance a surprise birthday gift that was being delivered by UPS. Her plan was the driver would drop it off at the house and then Hannah would race home and get it before her soon to be husband arrived.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's great. I mean, as everybody's planned with gifts, right.
Speaker 3: The thing is, both her and the UPS guy had no idea that the fiance was home sick that morning.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 3: Thankfully the ring doorbell caught the whole thing on video. So here's a clip.
Speaker 4: Rick, I'm at work.
Speaker 1: It's Hannah.
Speaker 10: Oh Hannah, I got you all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hide it if you can, because it's the present for Jason. In the mailbox or in there, yeah, under that pillow.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't have a delivery.
Speaker 3: I got the wrong house.
Speaker 7: Okay, you got it, man.
Speaker 12: I owe you one. Rick, God, I love you.
Speaker 10: I got even now.
Speaker 3: Put it in the mailbox, yeah, put it inside the gate over there, just under the gate.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 9: You got it.
Speaker 12: You're the best fi.
Speaker 3: Oh you could hear it in the video. The fiance shows up at the door and opens it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and they're talking through the ring doorbell like.
Speaker 2: You ring the doorbell technology is amazing, And also, how is that person such best friends with Rick, her UPS striker not be did you hear of them?
Speaker 7: I mean, he's my best friend.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, the UPS student made an excuse and then him the gift out of sight, don't Jeff. Afterwards, Hannah said her fiance had no idea. So now the UPS driver Rick is being hailed as an absolute hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give that guy a ray.
Speaker 7: You're shout out to all the delivery drivers out there.
Speaker 4: You guys are sure this.
Speaker 3: Next Lazer stories out of Canine Central, Okay, an American billionaire based in the UK is looking to hire someone and give him a pretty good salary to boot all four being a high class dog nanny.
Speaker 1: I volunteer.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have any of the owner too. Okay, you just see it as a foot in the door.
Speaker 4: You don't have to volunteer.
Speaker 3: It's a paid job that will do one hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: You're six figures for dogson to take care of the dogs.
Speaker 3: But you have to move to the UK and be cool with traveling the world with them every now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Here's some of the other details.
Speaker 3: First, you'd be staying with them in their mansion or in some sort of guest house situation next to the mansion.
Speaker 2: Rent free, so you make in one twenty seven k and you don't even have to pay rents.
Speaker 3: You'll need to coordinate all the vet appointments, though, keep detailed records of the poocha's health and medical history, and develop a quote personalized exercise regimen for each dog.
Speaker 1: How many dogs do we know?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: I mean like a couple?
Speaker 3: Sure, you have them, maybe do some sort of light jog around the stables and mixing some dog pilates. You'll also be organizing playdates with other local dogs and finding quote enriching activities to stimulate their senses.
Speaker 1: I think that's just called the ball.
Speaker 3: Look a butt.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You also have to be willing to work irregular hours like weekends and holidays. But hundreds of people have already applied for this, and if you want, you could read the whole job listing and apply yourself online through a link that we're going to put on.
Speaker 4: Our Insta stories at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: So to your next Lazer story.
Speaker 3: Out of the d list reports, you might remember Jason Biggs. He was the actor who was known for being a little too fond of the pie.
Speaker 2: In the American pie Okay, the dorky kid.
Speaker 3: Now he's teamed up with Edwards Desserts to sell a limited edition you guessed it pie.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a legacy.
Speaker 3: Here's audio of his ad for it, along with some of the items.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 9: I'm Jason Biggs, and I'm America's biggest pilot in a weird way. There's nothing more American than pie. So I've teamed up with Edwards to start your Fourth of July off with the bank detonation explosion. Nope, I've teamed up with Edwards on a limited edition pie luscious layers of passion, fruit, coconut moose, pineapple cream. I can say cream right because apple is so twenty four years ago.
Speaker 6: Oh, nothing hotter than.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be difficult for him.
Speaker 3: How many times has Jason asked over the years to endorse pies and desserts too many to name.
Speaker 1: He's finally doing it.
Speaker 3: For some reason, he said yes to this one.
Speaker 1: I think it's a twenty four years later thing y.
Speaker 3: You need to get relevant again. You can order the pie next week at pielovers unite dot com and it'll arrive at your doorstep with Jason's autograph on it. Wow, and remember don't leave it on the counter unattended.
Speaker 2: Say they do need to do like an American pie with cream bikini like endorsement as well.
Speaker 7: Remember that movie Yeah from.
Speaker 1: Moving I thought that, okay, fine flutes, they need a flute.
Speaker 4: No, you're gonna have a whole band camp.
Speaker 3: Let's go to your next Lazer story out of sleep Central. If you need an excuse for a quick nap, here you go. A new study in the journal Sleep Health just found people who take naps have bigger brains. Ah, so big.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 2: I do twenty minute nap almost every day, well every day that my kids will allow it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's true our brains do shrink as we get older. But it found that taking short naps when you feel like you need them could help prevent that. You just can't nap for too long fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Max, Oh, that's awful.
Speaker 7: I took the longest nap, membery it was two hours.
Speaker 1: It's too long, man, Now.
Speaker 7: I felt too long? It was so good.
Speaker 1: See twenty minutes is ideal.
Speaker 3: Researchers looked at DNA samples and brain scans more than thirty five thousand people between age four and seventy, and they found a noticeable difference between nappers and non nappers. The nappers' brains were slightly larger, the equivalent of two and a half to six and a half years worth of shrinkage.
Speaker 1: Nap math.
Speaker 2: He should have a brain that's like way bigger than his buddy.
Speaker 7: It's too big to do with it.
Speaker 3: The studying.
Speaker 4: I'm dumb.
Speaker 3: I'm just too smart, that's what it is. The study didn't show causation. It just shows correlation. I mean, I don't know what the brains of people who take naps. They only seem to age more slowly.
Speaker 4: We don't know that that's the cause. No napping allowed though.
Speaker 3: For this guy, he's too busy in his free time years old or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's got you know, he's got to be reading, kayaking, scrap booking.
Speaker 3: It's the sound of him ironing a doily into a scrap book. It's a busy man. Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again at the same time on.
Speaker 6: Monday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, I play.
Speaker 3: The instrumental version they name the song it's riffing around. It should be easy, but somehow it's always a struggle.
Speaker 7: We're in the business of music.
Speaker 1: This is a segment where every listener yells at.
Speaker 3: Us, yes, that's why. To help out my co host today, I'm actually going to tell them one of the words in every single title, it's the words summer, because it's an all summer song edition of riffing around. Listen to see if you can beat our co host. Probably not going to be that hard. We're gonna do it. Coming up at seventeen, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. It's the hot new game show that makes our listeners wonder how are these idiots qualified to work on the radio. I'm talking about riffing around in today's game game is all about summer oy Alright, I'm gonna play a musical riff from a very famous song that has the word summer included in the title. I couldn't possibly make this easier for you, guys. All you have to do is identify the correct title of that song. So let's get right to it. We already drew out of a hat and today alexis you're going to be going first, So please, Alexis, name this famous summer jam. Remember the word summer is in the title. Okay, this one's a really popular one. The title just guess any other word. There's only two words in the summer. I'm sorry, Jose, can you steal it?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 4: What was that name?
Speaker 7: And girls Crombie if.
Speaker 3: Those are the lyrics, and all we need is to the girls Summer Girls by LFO came out in.
Speaker 1: The song that summer that I came out.
Speaker 3: All right, Jose's on the board with one correct and Jose, you're up next. Please name this famous summer song I got.
Speaker 7: Oh JT my guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I know that's right. I know it's a very popular song. Again, summer is in the title. It's do you have anything? I Gotta move on? Hot Summer sum by Justin Chamberlain. Right, So one to one, Brook and Jose. This one should be an easier one for you because we tried to pick a summer song from your era. All right, just think back. I think you were maybe twelve when this came out. It was the song of the summer.
Speaker 4: This may have been right when they discovered summer.
Speaker 3: And one of the most famous artists of all time.
Speaker 1: The Tulips of Summer.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Alexis, can you steal it?
Speaker 1: Songs?
Speaker 3: Jose?
Speaker 4: I know your parents love this song. I'm gonna go with Summer Promenas.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. The correct answer was Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra. Brook really disappointed in you that we're back to Alexis for the second round. Alexis named this hit summer song. This one is a pretty recent song, I know, very popular again summer.
Speaker 4: Somewhere in the title.
Speaker 1: It's the other word I need.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you there's four words in this title.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's get drunk.
Speaker 3: I think you're just shouting out to your Tinder dates. But we're gonna move on, Jose, can you steal it? I am?
Speaker 4: I lost this one?
Speaker 6: Brook?
Speaker 3: What do you have?
Speaker 1: Lights in the summer?
Speaker 3: All right? That was Demi Levado cool for the summer shoo He started off so hot. I'm not really cool and off here, Jose, bring us back.
Speaker 4: We're going a little more old school for you. Okay, what do.
Speaker 3: You think, Jose?
Speaker 4: Remember remember the word I'll tell you you are right?
Speaker 3: It is an eighties there's four words in this title.
Speaker 4: Summer.
Speaker 3: Okay, bro can you steal it?
Speaker 4: That's correct, Henley.
Speaker 2: Three words in the The Boys of Summer I came out in nineteen eighty four, Brook, well done.
Speaker 1: No, they redid it. There was a band that redid it in the like stop.
Speaker 3: Trying to sound young, Brook, you know what I'm saying. Round three, alexis your third song? Please name this timeless summer hit?
Speaker 1: Timeless that scares?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, I actually know this.
Speaker 3: Okay, the title okay, but again, summer is somewhere in that title.
Speaker 4: So you do one more?
Speaker 3: Possibly one?
Speaker 4: That's wow.
Speaker 3: Alexis finally on the board. Why okay, Jose, you have one? Alexis you have one? Brooker in the lead with two Okay, all right, Jose, we're back to you. If you don't get this one right, Jose, not only will all the listeners be disappointed, but your parents will be two.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's already all happening.
Speaker 3: All right, What do you got for this famous song about the summer?
Speaker 4: What's the title that you're giving me? I'm sorry that is not correct.
Speaker 3: Brook, What is the correct title of this song?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's not a summer love.
Speaker 4: It, Alexis?
Speaker 8: What is it summer days, summer days.
Speaker 3: It's summer nights.
Speaker 2: You guys really do summer days drifting away.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brook, we're back to you. If you can get this one right, you're going to seal the deal. Name this famous summer song. It's the second word is summer.
Speaker 4: I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: Okay, hot Summer, Alexis retro summer Jose.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's just end this.
Speaker 4: That was cruel Summer by Banana Rama.
Speaker 3: Either way, Brook with two correct, you are the winner of riffing Around.
Speaker 4: Congratulations. Brook is always down to riff.
Speaker 11: Around over it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was.
Speaker 3: Kind of disappointing, but anyway, another successful sort of edition of riffing Around. I'm jeff Summer of sixty nine. Debot Your phone tab is coming up right.
Speaker 6: After this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Did you know on your resume when it asks you to put down references, they want real people, but they can call up and question about you. No, Alexis knows that's a horrible idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely worked for my friend Meghan.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you can put down an you think that email or phone number on there and usually get away with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's why we felt bad.
Speaker 3: And we contacted a business owner who's trying to hire a very important sales position for his company, and he's been looking at one particular woman to possibly hire. All he needs is a solid reference check from us.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what happens next?
Speaker 3: Well, we really can't say legally. You're gonna understand why in your phone? Tap right now? Another on the twenties.
Speaker 11: Hello, Hi is this dean? Yes, sir, who's calling?
Speaker 8: My name's Greg McDonald. You reached out to me over email about an employee. You said, put me down as a reference.
Speaker 11: Oh right, Hi, Hi, hold on, let me get my papers.
Speaker 4: Okay, no problem, take your time.
Speaker 11: I think if I remember right? You know Jasmine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jasmine? No, I absolutely do know her.
Speaker 8: She's actually famous around here or infamous, could be either one, I guess.
Speaker 11: Okay, she's well known.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Interesting. Well what can you tell me about her?
Speaker 4: Well? I can tell you I do know her.
Speaker 11: First name, Basis okay, right? As an employee, was she reliable? You know, come to work on time, hit her all of her deadlines?
Speaker 8: And oh well, unfortunately I actually can't disclose that information.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would violate the NDA that I.
Speaker 11: Signed you signed an NDA with her?
Speaker 8: Ooh, okay, See, even that question is a little on the edge there.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if I can respond or not.
Speaker 11: So I don't understand. You just said you signed in NDA with her, correct, and I was just confirming it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I don't I don't want this to sound so serious.
Speaker 8: It's just non disclosure agreements going to be tricky, you know, And in my line of work, I'm.
Speaker 4: Signing them all the time. I bet you are too.
Speaker 11: Maybe you can't tell me, I mean not really.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, but overall I can answer almost any question about her. I can provide any inside. I mean, I know how hard it is to hire people these days, so I'm here to help.
Speaker 11: Well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so ask away.
Speaker 11: Okay, Yeah, I can try another go for it. On her resume, it says that she was responsible for over six hundred thousand in sales last year.
Speaker 4: That's a big number.
Speaker 11: Yeah, can you confirm that happened and tell me what exactly her role was in that?
Speaker 8: Ooh, you know how bad I would a lot to answer that question.
Speaker 4: That's a really good one too, on your part. I mean, yeah, you come up with great questions.
Speaker 11: So answer it.
Speaker 8: No, I mean I wish, I wish I could, but most of that also falls under the NDA.
Speaker 11: Well, so tell me the part that doesn't fall under the NDA.
Speaker 8: Hmm okay, sure, Actually I can confirm that she does in fact have a resume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a full resume.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know that. I just read it to you.
Speaker 7: Oh that looks like you don't need me.
Speaker 4: You're finding your own answers like a detective over there.
Speaker 11: How am I supposed to get a reference from you if you can't tell me anything about her or answer any questions all under the NDA or not.
Speaker 7: Hey, I just thought of something I can tell you, and this could really.
Speaker 4: Help you out.
Speaker 11: Finally, please tell me.
Speaker 8: So last year we had this like weird thing happening in the office where office supplies were going missing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and like not just.
Speaker 8: Pens and paper bro I'm talking about like expensive toner.
Speaker 4: I mean a few printers just vanished.
Speaker 11: Are you saying Jasmine had something to do with that? Ah?
Speaker 4: Good question.
Speaker 8: You see, I thought that too. So I sat her down I told her about it, and then.
Speaker 4: She started crying.
Speaker 11: What'd she say?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 7: She had just signed an NDA. She couldn't tell me if she was involved at all.
Speaker 14: What the heck that's what she called me.
Speaker 3: Stop laughing.
Speaker 11: You told me that whole ridiculous story. Yeah, you didn't tell me anything.
Speaker 4: Well I thought that would help.
Speaker 7: Man, Come on, no, I did it.
Speaker 11: And now I'm in the same spot that I was when you called five minutes?
Speaker 6: What is this?
Speaker 8: That is not true because your co owner got exactly the info he needed from this prank phone call, and there's no enda required at all.
Speaker 4: I can tell you that.
Speaker 11: What are you talking about? Are you talking about Joseph?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly who I'm talking about, Joseph, your co owner.
Speaker 7: He's the one who set you up.
Speaker 11: What he said.
Speaker 8: Lately, you've had a few job candidates putting fake references down on the resumes or something.
Speaker 11: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, it'd be really easy to mess with you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: How many nbas this look I have?
Speaker 8: And that's a great question, But because of the NDAs, I can't answer the question about the NDAs.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 11: Well you are still though, Oh.
Speaker 7: That's not in the NDA. I can't confirm you are correct.
Speaker 6: Wake up every morning with funk taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Most people don't admit their weird guilty pleasures until they get deeper into a relationship. Yeah, because you don't want them to know that your favorite food is day old gas station hamburgers. Oh, are you the one that eats I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Tell you that somebody has to yeah.
Speaker 3: Or that you still watch reruns of Here Comes Honey Boo boo oh, or that your favorite way to relax is lying in a bathtub of lukewarm toastitos bean dip.
Speaker 7: What is going on?
Speaker 1: Well, he got it at the gas station.
Speaker 4: You know it's a bargain.
Speaker 3: But one of our listeners went out with a guy and she didn't just admit her guilty pleasure to him, she themed their entire.
Speaker 4: Date around it.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Now she's not getting a call back. Oh could it really be that bad? We're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: Come on, give me bean dip tub.
Speaker 3: We'll see in your brand new second date up date, next second date up date. Who do you trust for advice on your dating life? Your friends, Yes, they're not really looking out for you. Yes, they might say that.
Speaker 4: Your coworkers.
Speaker 3: Yikes, absolutely yea chat GPT, I mean probably not still I trust.
Speaker 1: Them, trust all the computer minds.
Speaker 3: But when chat GPT runs out of date ideas, No, you got to turn to the sure thing, your therapist for hot dating tips.
Speaker 2: Wait, I mean maybe like relationship advice, but hot dating day.
Speaker 3: That's what one of our listeners, Hannah did, and the great advice from her therapist has landed her here with us today.
Speaker 4: Come your therapist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's all working out well, Hannah, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, I want to hear the therapist advice of dying.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What did your therapist say?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 16: I was talking about my struggles dating and she kind of called me out on that I'm maybe not always being my most authentic self and that could be why I'm struggling here.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what you're paying her for, you out professionally.
Speaker 3: She said, to just be the real you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's just encouraging me to be myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great the problem? Yeah, so what did you do to accomplish that?
Speaker 16: So I was kind of racking my brain, like thinking what are things that I like? And I left the show.
Speaker 1: Cobra Kai oh like the Karate Kids spin off?
Speaker 12: Yes, Cobra Kai.
Speaker 1: I did not expect us to go there. So did you take a karate class then or something?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm get him there.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, well I guess who'd you go out with?
Speaker 16: His name is Mike?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah. Did you meet him at the karate class or did you take a class together?
Speaker 12: Oh, we took a class together.
Speaker 16: Interesting, but I met him online?
Speaker 3: Oh so how did this date happen? Can you like run us through it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Well we set up just like a dinner date.
Speaker 12: Okay, nice and she and it was a.
Speaker 16: Fun time and like we were hitting it off.
Speaker 4: So you're matching the cobra kai theme to the meal too.
Speaker 8: Yes, sushi you have like all kind of Asian culture influences.
Speaker 1: Yes, nice and sushi was good. You guys had good conversation or like what's the highlights there?
Speaker 15: We were just goofing around.
Speaker 16: We were like play fighting, like.
Speaker 1: With the chopsticks his swords.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 15: To be honest, I wouldn't normally act like this on my dates, Like maybe I was a little too nerdy, but I kept hearing be my most authentic self kind of saying it like as a mantra.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So when you brought up cobra Kai with Mike.
Speaker 4: Was he into it?
Speaker 16: He'd actually never seen it, but he had heard of it, and I think he'd been meaning to watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: That's like to show him. Yeah, totally if everything goes.
Speaker 3: Well, of course.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and you know, I tried to go that route invite him.
Speaker 12: Over to watch it at my place.
Speaker 1: I think that he's probably planning on more than Cobra Kai.
Speaker 8: You know, yeah, like cobra thighs.
Speaker 3: What did he say?
Speaker 16: Yeah, well, he was kind of like, I don't know how late I can stay out.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, that makes sense. I mean tell literally people that before.
Speaker 4: It makes sense.
Speaker 3: But not in a dating world like that. Invite is whatever guy is waiting, you want to go.
Speaker 1: You'll stay up. Not every guy wants to hook up on the first date. Yeah, okay, maybe she got the one percent? You know, So were you okay with that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I was okay with that because I had a backup plan.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, authentic self, what was that?
Speaker 16: My authentic self decided that we could like go do like a trial martial arts class.
Speaker 4: So it's you, Mike in a room full of six year old.
Speaker 1: So you went straight from the restaurant to a karate class.
Speaker 12: It was actually next door. I sort of might have planned that.
Speaker 4: You have a whole plan. He's either going to my house. We're rolling on my bed or rolling on some man.
Speaker 1: Why do I picture him in jeans trying to do karate? Did he have the right outfit for it?
Speaker 6: What they give you?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 16: They provided us with the Yeah.
Speaker 12: And I think we had fun.
Speaker 3: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 4: He's like, I got some sweet nunchucks in my truck.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so let me get my throwing stuff.
Speaker 4: Wasn't being fun?
Speaker 3: Is good?
Speaker 4: Was it romantic?
Speaker 2: Or?
Speaker 12: I think so?
Speaker 16: Because really, you know, like the kind of fighting, it's like there's tension, it's kind of flirty.
Speaker 2: And I also think just trying anything new with a person like helps bond you, right.
Speaker 4: Like both don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: It's a shared experience. You could either laugh at how bad you.
Speaker 3: Are or yeah, I don't slowly choke them out.
Speaker 1: Did they do that in the beginners? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's let's let's get to the end of the night. How did you leave things?
Speaker 16: We just said goodbye to each other kind of outside hug, kiss a little kiss.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that's something And what's happened since the date?
Speaker 16: Well, it hasn't been that long, but I actually saw my therapist.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you giggle through that session too?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I think I definitely did because I really was trying to be my most authentic self.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you told her about the date?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I did. I told her about it.
Speaker 1: So why are you calling us?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 16: Well, she kind of made me doubt things because she said to me like that might have been a.
Speaker 3: Little too much, too authentic.
Speaker 16: Not necessarily that, but that there are other parts to me, like I'm not just Cobra Kai.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, like you only focus on martial arts.
Speaker 1: Tell your therapist you're not going to show this guy everything in the first night.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's Brooks move.
Speaker 16: Yeah, maybe second date material.
Speaker 3: All right, leave someth open up, show him more of your interests when you meet up a second time, so hopefully we can facilitate that. We'll come back, call Mike for you and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, hold on.
Speaker 3: This is the.
Speaker 4: Theme song for the original Karate Kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're the best around, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Wow On, A little strong man made her authentic self to.
Speaker 3: Hear real thoughts. But I know it's been a while since we've all seen the original movie, but I'll tell you the overall theme of it is an underdog who's up against the odds, finally faces his fears and his bullies and comes away with the trophy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everyone loves an underdog story.
Speaker 3: And that's our listener, Hannah today. And Hannah's trophy that she's after is a man named Mike she met online and personally, Hannah, I just want to say your idea for like a cobra I themed date going to sushi and doing a karate class together. Like, we never hear women going out of their way to set things up like this. It's usually the men that try and arrange a date like this.
Speaker 4: It is refreshing. I commend you on what you did here.
Speaker 16: Striking first, Yeah, oh, I get it.
Speaker 1: Get it another.
Speaker 2: I'm striking first like a Cobra.
Speaker 18: I think it's marriage material. Wow, I think I think she's marriage material.
Speaker 2: And this guy is going to be missing out if he doesn't give you another chance.
Speaker 4: All right, we're setting the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you want Brook to tell him that as soon as we get him on the phone, or we can hold off for a second.
Speaker 16: Yeah, let's just speed natural and chill about it at the first Okay, see.
Speaker 3: What happens, and then then we'll get to the waxing on and off and all that.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's a good part of the movie.
Speaker 3: Here we go, let's dial the phone number and hopefully he picks up. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Mike.
Speaker 19: This is Mike.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, I said we because you're talking to a whole show right now, a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 19: Uh, what is it about.
Speaker 2: It's called a second Date Update, and it's all about you, Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not just sorry. I don't know what's going on with Brooke today. She's a little yeah, and it's not just about you. It's about you along with one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently named Hannah.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, Hannah. Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember well it sounds like you guys just recently went out, which is awesome.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah we did, Yeah, we went out cool.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, we heard a little bit about your guys' date. We'd like to get your side of the story, just to see how the story match.
Speaker 19: I mean, I don't know, what do you want to know? I don't really feel too comfortable about talking about this kind of stuff for the whole radio show.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, not the whole show.
Speaker 4: Alexis close your ears? Oh all right, you have seventy of the show.
Speaker 1: I don't want to miss how it goes headphones offa.
Speaker 4: He doesn't listen anyways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: What okay?
Speaker 3: All right, I think we're meeting your quota now. So what we're looking for though, is just general thoughts like did you like Hannah?
Speaker 4: How did you feel about her?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 19: You know, I mean, okay, if I if I say anything, it was probably one of the more like unique experiences I've ever had on date.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she put a lot of like thought and energy into planning the night for you too.
Speaker 1: Is that is that something new that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's that's that's for sure. I think a lot of energy was expended too, even on the date, I give you that much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're talking about like the karate class was like you expend.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that would be it. I I certainly something I've never experienced before.
Speaker 2: That's cool though, I mean, what did you think when she came up with that idea, she said it was kind of a surprise.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well, it absolutely was. And I'll say this, you know, I thought for me it was like I don't mind surprises. It was just something that like what I was wearing too, you know, I wear a nice like kind of nice pants. I couldn't yeah, you know, I can't do karate in those kind of clothes. It was, you know, it was it was interesting.
Speaker 8: Because I could see how people would even say no, not in a rude way, but like I'm sorry, but that's kind of a big ask.
Speaker 4: Like we just had dinner.
Speaker 7: You think yourself, Yeah, I'd.
Speaker 3: Probably do like.
Speaker 4: You do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, this guy, you sound adventurous.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're talking a lot about the date and the activities. I want to know what you thought about Hannah. Oh a personal question.
Speaker 1: If you got to know who she is?
Speaker 19: Uh yeah, a little bit by it. I mean she seems really nice, but your personality wise, I just don't know if we're if we're compatible.
Speaker 3: Oh, Noah, to.
Speaker 19: Be completely honest, well it was she I mean, this is weird to me too. Is that like she put all this great idea and energy into this idea and then she kind of was a little like meek me, you know, just kind of ye shy. I guess i'd say, like, it's like, it's not her fault. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm not saying people like that and have a problem or anything. It's just for me, it's not really what I go for. And when I saw that, But listen.
Speaker 2: You've got a person, even if she's shy, she's going out on a limb. She's surprising you with the karate class, Like maybe you just need to get to know her more to see like her fun charismatic side.
Speaker 19: Yeah, what's that whole thing? You can't ask us ever to change his stripes or something like that. And then I'm saying, I don't know, it's just something like she is.
Speaker 4: You know, what exactly are you're looking for?
Speaker 3: What type of woman do you want? Obnoxious brook type?
Speaker 1: Some people do?
Speaker 19: Some people do, Yeah, I don't know, you know, I think that typically I'm just more attracted to someone with a bit more of like an assertive of personality. Really, but.
Speaker 3: I know there is a saying that I like to draw up on sometimes it's that I may not always win, but I never quit.
Speaker 1: Oh is this a karate kid thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was like for ruining it, but it's going to segue seamlessly to tell you, you know who also doesn't quit.
Speaker 4: Hannah, who's on the other line right now?
Speaker 11: Talk to what?
Speaker 10: Yeah you're damn right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's on the phone.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Kai never dies.
Speaker 1: Okay, sober Kait never does?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 19: Is and I think football here sneaky move.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we want you to talk to each other how she is? I want to hear from Hannah though, Hannah, what what do you think about what you just heard?
Speaker 16: I think that it's kind of ridiculous that you would judge me that fast, because I clearly have other sides to my personality. I just was showing the one thing first. I put myself out there. I can be assertive like I can be bad.
Speaker 3: Oh right, Okay, sounds like he's not quite buying it yet.
Speaker 16: No, I don't think you're really getting that. So just like, don't confuse being nice with being weak?
Speaker 6: Is that a quote?
Speaker 1: Because that's a good que Hannah.
Speaker 3: Do you have any other examples of how you can be an assertive powerful woman?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 16: Like I might like this show for a reason. Okay, because I am a go getter.
Speaker 12: I try to.
Speaker 10: Get what I want. I mean, I don't give up.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, what are you thinking there?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 19: I mean, are you saying that what you want is another date with me? Is that what you want?
Speaker 3: Hannah?
Speaker 4: Strike first, strike hard, no mercy?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? Before we called it?
Speaker 3: I'm on Google.
Speaker 12: Listen.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 10: You're gonna either be quiet and listen to me and just do it and we're gonna go out again because there's more there, or you're just gonna be lame.
Speaker 3: I don't even have to ask a question because she's telling you that we're gonna go out on a second.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be lame, do you?
Speaker 19: I mean, listen. I said to them that I wanted someone who was assertive, and this is kind of the consertiveness. So I'm down if you're down.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm even an offer to pay for it.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: She's gonna make him pay for it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you got money.
Speaker 4: To pay for it, and you're gonna like it.
Speaker 19: Mike again, I guess I have to now. I literally asked for someone to tell me what to do.
Speaker 4: She made him.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I like, so it sounds like we're sending you guys out on another date.
Speaker 19: Yeah, all right, all right, Handah'm glad you did this.
Speaker 11: Shoot.
Speaker 1: Do you not have a cobra Kai saying to close this out?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna end with a traditional bow and then we all kiss.
Speaker 4: This is radio.
Speaker 3: There's kissing in the karate classes that I went to. Okay, everybody bow and pucker and one two.
Speaker 7: They've taken control of the situation.
Speaker 1: I like it, Hannah, jeff is actually blushing your hands.
Speaker 3: Full with this tiger.
Speaker 4: Well, we created a monster looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Another prime example of when being true to yourself goes bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Guess you know. I think there's probably a a therapist that are like, oh god, that's not exactly.
Speaker 6: What we meant.
Speaker 3: No, here's a secret that your therapist or your friends and your family won't tell you.
Speaker 4: Nobody likes you. Whoa to real you? They don't want to see that person.
Speaker 1: That's what you take.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you this because I care.
Speaker 4: This is the truth.
Speaker 2: Is this the speech that your mother gave you your high school graduation?
Speaker 4: Look at the Kardashians.
Speaker 13: Okay, nobody liked the real them, and now look at the look.
Speaker 3: They changed everything and they're the most successful, happiest family in the world.
Speaker 1: Not the message. That's not the message we're sending out.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the message. Then Brooke, be true to yourself and then screw the date up.
Speaker 1: No, it's just maybe that wasn't a good fit for her. He wanted someone that she isn't, and that's okay.
Speaker 3: It would have been a good fit if she changed everything about herself.
Speaker 4: All right, I give up, you know, I see the bright side.
Speaker 1: Go join the Kardashian Clay.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna have a good time together. And then when I come back, I'm willing to help people with their data.
Speaker 1: I think it's the lips that are gonna be way.
Speaker 4: On fire no matter how I look or how I feel.
Speaker 3: You can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. And check out all of our second day podcasts up wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffery.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: All the best athletes in the world have a routine of watching tape on themselves and critiquing their own performance to find ways that they can improve, okay, And so in that spirit, I started doing that with my singing.
Speaker 1: Oh you're watching all the TikTok videos.
Speaker 3: And stuff trying to figure out where I can get better, And I'll tell you, I did notice a few interesting things. First of all, my jawline way too defined. Oh yeah, when I look that good, it distracts from my voice, and I honestly can't let that happen.
Speaker 1: That's why there's so many ugly singers in the world.
Speaker 3: That makes sense, Yeah, like blur out the jaws. Second thing, my outfit not nearly enough glitter. My costume needs to sparkle as bright as my eyes, my big, dark, brown, beautiful jewish eyes.
Speaker 1: So more sequence is not distracting, but your jaw line is.
Speaker 3: Yes. And the third there's way too much brook in the background of my video.
Speaker 5: Oh no wonder.
Speaker 3: My biggest fan group right now was eighty five plus coupon coming because they.
Speaker 13: See her and they're like, oh, okay, this is the hip thing to do.
Speaker 3: So hopefully some of that is going to change when I do my brand new song of the week coming up at a tad.
Speaker 4: It is time for my song of the week, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 1: That's a little delayed, Jose, But welcome to the.
Speaker 3: Party should have waited like five seconds. I feel like we were waiting for it for like nine months. But summer is finally here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when you think back about the fond memories that you've had in summer's past, what do you guys think of?
Speaker 1: Tell me one thing, Gosh, swimming.
Speaker 3: Came riding in the back of the ice cream truck tasting popsicles. You went inside the truck, right, Yeah, the friendly guy in the back, No I have My guy was clearly nicer than yours. But for me, I went to a private school, so my summers looked a little bit different than yours. Probably My sister and I used to take turns flying the family jet pack around Fiji.
Speaker 1: It's like always summer there. I don't think that counts as a summer.
Speaker 3: Vacation, right, And then we'd go yacht bowling.
Speaker 1: What's that where you drive a.
Speaker 3: Big yacht into a stack of ten little yachts and then you see how many are left floating. Afterwards you get two tries to get them all. Oh wow, it was good times. But no matter where you went to school, one of the best summer activities is grabbing your towel and some sunscreen and heading on down to the public pool. I mean it's a country club pool, but.
Speaker 4: To be in dude, I love it.
Speaker 1: We have won by our house. It's like the city pool.
Speaker 2: And my kids, I mean, we're there.
Speaker 4: We want a place to be.
Speaker 3: The hot cement, the smell of chlorineids. Yeah, the kid who's pretending to play dead, lying face down in the pool just to scare his parents. Oh yeah, okay, guys, Yeah, it doesn't matter how many traumatic experiences you have there, you always are excited to go back every single year. And that's why I wanted to write a song to celebrate a day at the public swimming pool. So instead of the big hit by d n Ce, cake by the ocean doing young Jeffreys bake with some lotion.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm gonna point when I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Points.
Speaker 14: Let's go dive into some water that's communal cooler bodies in the public Poolio, We'll float around.
Speaker 7: A baby still in you to row.
Speaker 13: It's beautiful, way over capacity.
Speaker 4: The bathroom is a tragedy.
Speaker 6: Up.
Speaker 4: Poor water is close to green. It looks more like a tolkn scene.
Speaker 13: Ah and dippy toe in dandily to the broth of humanity, hump jump in.
Speaker 3: Land it awkwardly when trunks sliding off of me.
Speaker 7: Turn flip one hated.
Speaker 3: We'll swimming past the sun baiting ladies.
Speaker 20: Oh I stroke like Michael Folds recreated. Oh yeah, yeah, keep on floating straight smooner voting child keeps up hearing.
Speaker 4: The water feels so warm when I'm near him.
Speaker 3: Oh he swam out here.
Speaker 20: In the crop dust even Oh yeah yeah, yeah, needs.
Speaker 4: Some soap in on the pool showers, open up.
Speaker 14: Sprays and dude looking more orange than a throne can from that speedo. I would say he's from France, got more private viewings than a sundance Sunday, and my towels upon the seat to preserve that spot for me.
Speaker 20: Huh came back.
Speaker 3: I'm in disbelief. My chair skulling by a thief a.
Speaker 13: Pool side with the elderly splash grandmap penalope ninety three inner bacchini like a prune in a.
Speaker 20: Two piece right guardbold statement.
Speaker 3: He's looking like he's ten or twelve may men.
Speaker 13: Oh like they watch with a cast full of baymen.
Speaker 4: Ah yah, yeah, yeah, ya ya whistle blowing because he hates when you run around.
Speaker 13: Water isn't open My eyes and day burned like crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh now something in my mouth isn't tasting.
Speaker 20: I bend it floating, I'll be gagging and choking up.
Speaker 14: A yah yah yah yaha.
Speaker 4: Pirate collin straight, cannon falling ya.
Speaker 12: Ah yah yah yah ya.
Speaker 3: Ya, couples brawling, chicken fighters falling off, ladies and gentlemen made all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 13: H slash like see wharmbool getting waving with toys and water guns, bon straining.
Speaker 4: Oh noodles and a power bowling.
Speaker 3: Maison ah yah yah yah yalla.
Speaker 20: No be choking straight super soaking float if you're laysan, I lay back on my big big.
Speaker 7: And playing of akwand row boy mess.
Speaker 20: I sin paste paste at ah yeah yah yah yaha.
Speaker 3: I'll be to sent bake with some.
Speaker 4: Lotion off in sauna.
Speaker 20: The water is where I come a life, My soulmate, the mermaid made.
Speaker 3: Harry all my life.
Speaker 20: I'm climbing the ladder high up. Two take about, jaws are dropping, the sound of belly dropping.
Speaker 17: Up Yeah yo, all right, you're again rob my stomach read just thinking about it, just the sound.
Speaker 1: I really loved it, but like.
Speaker 2: When you described it as human broth, that piece was a little hard for me because I still.
Speaker 1: Go to the public pool every summer.
Speaker 3: Truth hurts a little bit, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it is like a bowl aposta and there's just noodles you.
Speaker 3: Can't even see, But it doesn't mauntter the experience. We're always going to be going back every single year. You love the public pool. Text into seventy eight five nine too, tell us what you thought about the song of the week, and we're gonna post the video with the lyrics stuff on our TikTok on our YouTube on Instagram, all of it at Brook and Jeffrey so you can play it when you go to the pool.
Speaker 4: That was your song of the week. Happy summer, everybody brooking.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Got a text to seventy eight five ninety two that says, my favorite memory of our public pool is when me and my best friendhaps would unwrap a Snickers and put a floater in the shower. He says, I've matured since then. Now I use butterfingers.
Speaker 1: That sucks. I worked at a pool. You have to shut the whole thing down.
Speaker 3: I don't have the mental image of Brooks swimming up to a Snicker's barter and chopping it right out of the water.
Speaker 1: This one, this one don't smell, Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: If you missed it and set us singing the iconic party song by d Nce Cake by the Ocean, I did my own version called bake with some lotion, because it's finally summer and what else do you have better to do than the cruise on down to the local public pool? Brook What are you seeing on the textboard right now?
Speaker 2: We got one that says the best thing to happen at my public pool was when a sign went up that said people were getting swimmer's ear, so swim at your own risk.
Speaker 1: I had the pool to myself for almost a month.
Speaker 4: WHOA, what the heck?
Speaker 1: I don't know either, but clearly you don't have worry about it. Yeah, he does have ears lost.
Speaker 3: If you like the song though, if you missed it, or if you want to share it with your summer pool party buddy, you go to Brook and Jeffrey on TikTok, on our Facebook install, or subscribe to our YouTube page. You can check out the videos all over there.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's a first time player on the phone, Miranda from Tacoma. And why are we playing this music because Miranda says she is about to take her very first trip ever to New York.
Speaker 4: The Big Apple.
Speaker 3: That's so fun, Miranda, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hi, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh man, yes, what are.
Speaker 4: You most looking forward to in New York?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: We're going to see my favorite musical ever.
Speaker 12: Called lizard Boy.
Speaker 1: Lizard Boy.
Speaker 10: It originated in Seattle about seven years ago.
Speaker 1: Of course a Seattle play would be lizard Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, about lizard people in the government.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the Hamilton, but just the reptile version. You're gonna have to give us a review after you see it. But for now, let's focus on the game. We're sending Brook out of the studio and well that happens. You know how it works. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: Good luck? Your time starts now. Today is National Food Truck Day. What state has the most food trucks? New York, California or Texas California by land area.
Speaker 4: What's the smallest state in America?
Speaker 10: Rhode Island?
Speaker 4: In geology? How long is an eon?
Speaker 3: A million billion or trillion years.
Speaker 4: Million due to its shape?
Speaker 3: What European country refers to itself as the hexagons? Starbucks sold more or less than five billion dollars in gift cards last year. More Miranda for a first time performance that was really really good.
Speaker 4: Just like on Broadway, we're throwing roses at.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing tomatoes. Yeah, I hope you've stun.
Speaker 4: Of the music.
Speaker 3: Apparently Miranda works as a florist at Safeway.
Speaker 4: And what's the hottest.
Speaker 3: Flower people are buying right now? And don't say tulips anything but tulips.
Speaker 19: Both are popular.
Speaker 11: But if not tulips and maybe, I mean roses are always a classic.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants for my hot tip on the grocery store floorist is you go ask these lovely people like you that work there to wrap them in paper instead of the ugly plastic.
Speaker 1: Looks like you got it from a boutique.
Speaker 16: We will do that for free for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's a hot tip, man, and it looks so nice and like the brown paper.
Speaker 7: You know, you just buy them out of the plastic and forget to take off the little on sale for four dollars.
Speaker 6: Gold.
Speaker 3: All right, Brooke, it's your turn. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Today is National Food Truck Day. What state has the most food trucks? New York, California or Texas.
Speaker 4: In California by land area. What is the smallest state in America?
Speaker 1: Rhode Island.
Speaker 4: In geology, how long.
Speaker 3: Is an eon? A million billion or trillion years?
Speaker 4: A million due to its shape?
Speaker 3: What European country refers to itself as the hexagon?
Speaker 1: Hexagon? Germany?
Speaker 3: Starbucks sold more or less than five billion dollars in gift cards last year.
Speaker 1: Oh god less, that is so much. Five billion.
Speaker 4: People love their Starbucks.
Speaker 1: You know that Starbucks is basically a bank because they have to like hold that money. Yeah right, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: All right, we can talk about Starbucks all day.
Speaker 1: What was like a debit card?
Speaker 3: We should probably go to the scoreboard to see how you guys both did with jose software and clothes.
Speaker 9: You fine, washing up under bridges.
Speaker 7: Branda, you did well. You got three correct today?
Speaker 8: Good good word for a first time A same exact amount of questions and only.
Speaker 4: The first time takedowns.
Speaker 1: On a losing streak lately.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Let's let's go over the answers here real quick. It's National Food Truck Day.
Speaker 3: The state with the most food trucks is California, with over seven hundred and fifty of them.
Speaker 1: It's just it's warm, you know, it'd be hard to have a food truck in December in New York's.
Speaker 3: Smallest state by land area in America is Rhode Island one five hundred forty five square miles.
Speaker 1: And then I got them all wrong after this.
Speaker 20: Huh.
Speaker 3: In geology, and eon is one billion years due to its shape, the European country that's known as the hexagon is France. Apparently it's hexagon shape. Starbucks sells more than five billion dollars in gift cars ten billion.
Speaker 4: Forty five percent of their total revenue comes.
Speaker 1: From gift cars forty five percent.
Speaker 3: Speaking of money, yeah, let's tell Miranda how she not only one one hundred dollars, but just for playing you also get a fifty dollars gift card to Zeke's Pizza homegrown in the Northwest.
Speaker 19: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Some good pizza in New York. I'm not as good as Zeke's is pretty good then, so you enjoyed. Thank you so much for playing Miranda. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be back to do winn Brooks Buck same time on Monday
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,