Speaker 1: And That's what you Really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to you, and That's what you Really miss podcast. I'm Jenna Kevin.
Speaker 2: Oh god, we're already laughing because this episode we're talking about Season two, episode ten, a Very Glee Christmas, which aired on December seventh, twenty ten. But that's not why we're laughing.
Speaker 1: We're laughing because why are we laughing? Kevin?
Speaker 2: The week that it aired, we all went to London, London because we performed on X Factor to do Don't Stop Believing on December fifth, and that trip man oh man, oh man. We it was our first time altogether on like a trip of.
Speaker 3: This extent, and it was an easy work trip, I will say. So we did the xcractor, rehearsed, we performed, and then we were out and we were like, let's party. All the execs came.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything was there and it was like a three day trip. It was very very quick and well we had to get back and we also like it was us and Black Eyed Peas on that flight, per usual, they were also performing on X Factor. It was we were together during sound check.
Speaker 3: It was a really shwanky plane. It was the really big planes where they have like the bar in first class where you go sit at the bar. So we start in the lounge in lax and we're all in the lounge and we're like, let's drink. So we started drinking. There's a reserved sign that somebody cracks on the table. We get on the plane, there's pajamas.
Speaker 1: Waiting for you from the airline.
Speaker 3: We all got in the pajamas. Corey I remember being the first one got on the pajamas. As soon as he got on the plane. He comes out of the bathroom where people are boarding the plane. He's standing in these large black which it is socks. And we're all in these like amazing pods where you lay down and the flight's fairly long, and in the pod you can put down the table so that you can have dinner with somebody else. So Ni and I sat at that bar for a while. Then we sat and had dinner and I spilled my wine all over her. Then we fell asleep.
Speaker 2: Well, you also had an intervention with me, do you remember this, Because so we had just started filming the Super Bowl episode at this time, and we were I think we were filming two episodes at the same time in the middle of it, flying to England to go do this, and I was sick as a dog on all kinds of medicine, including prednisone, which is a steroid, and it turned me into a monster monster, which is also yeah crazy. It gave me the courage to to sing on Thriller. And then on the plane. I remember Corey, Corey and I had dinner together and then you and Naya were like one over from me. I think you're all like, so, hey, so why are you taking these steroids? Like, well, because I'm sick and you know, I'm so staked. I'm like, but it's not the antibiotic, right, I'm like no, Like, okay, I think you should stop taking them. No, And I was like why, Like how mad you have left? It's like, well, I just have a couple left, Like, yeah, you're not sleeping, you're acting crazy. You need to stop taking them and all of you. And I was like, yeah, I think you're right. I think I hadn't slept in days. I was losing my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, poor Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the beginning of the steroids for you. I feel like that was yeah, needed, needed, necessary, prescribed.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it was a hard lesson to learn. Oh man, sorry, but we got to London and we hit the ground running. Yes we did.
Speaker 1: We performed.
Speaker 2: We I mean we've talked about before when we've gone to London and we had security. This was a whole different thing because there were so many of us. There were so many security guards with us ever where we went. It felt very famous and very weird and oh huge shopping trips together and we made a lot of friends. Oh, we hung out with McFly.
Speaker 1: I you were a huge McFly fan.
Speaker 2: Yes, Amber and Jenna and I hung back. Everybody else left and we stayed an extra day to go to the Tron premiere. And London does premierees differently, like they are gigantic, and we went to the Tron premiere.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to talk about this too. I forgot I've come to yours.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 1: This was the trip.
Speaker 2: Were on the red car.
Speaker 3: So we went to shop. We went shopping and we decided we're gonna wear what we we shopped in and we did jackets because it was really cold. And we decided that we were going to be supermodels on the on the carpet and not not smile and pose and so.
Speaker 1: If you google us at the truck here we.
Speaker 2: Look it's absolutely insane. We look horrible. Yeah, we're also five feet tall like models, the three shortest people in the entire cast Leah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: We hung back to do that. That was this trip. What a fun trip.
Speaker 2: We were using Dana's technic. Dana has like this, she like hums sort of when she's on the red carpet, you know.
Speaker 1: It keeps your like your face relaxed to parents.
Speaker 2: So we were all like humming to each other and dying laughing in between.
Speaker 1: And the carpets were so the cameras were crazy.
Speaker 2: At that one. It was the best time. I had a great time.
Speaker 1: And then when we performed on Extractor, that was really fun.
Speaker 3: That was the first time, well one of the first times that we all did don't stop all together other than.
Speaker 1: Was it regionals that we did it sectionals last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was our first live performance OPRAH, right, and it was a different version and that was also weird because we weren't used to doing a lot of live TV performances, and you know, there's a lot of technical things that we had to work out, and I just those steroids were still hidden. And then whose idea was it for Amber or to do that thing at Simon Call's desk. I don't I think it was the producers maybe yeah, And she's like okay, sure whatever, and Simon like we've talked about it. Simon loved Glee. He was a big, big, big Glee fan.
Speaker 1: Oh very nice, so nice to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where we met one direction. They were on X Factor that season.
Speaker 1: And you love Cheryl Cole.
Speaker 2: I big Cheryl Cole fan. And I remember meeting her and I was like, I love your music. I have your album. She's like what It's like, yeah, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: So I was living my very very best life.
Speaker 1: I mean we were all living on that trip. We really did live.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. You also to That's also where Brad Fuchuk came with us. I remember sitting in like the trailers behind the X Factor stages and he was sort of like, so you're gonna get to do pyt coming up and I'm like, wait what you let me about thriller? And I had another Michael song coming. You could have told me to like calm down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they buried the lead yeah.
Speaker 2: Fully, but it was just it was Kid's house. We never got like breaks like that in the middle of a season, so we really went like a free.
Speaker 1: Trip to London.
Speaker 3: I stole Tina's coat on that trip. I think I have some photos of it from the Christmas episode and I stole it and I wore it because I didn't have any winter codes.
Speaker 2: I remember they wanted me to lip sync and I lost my mind. You did? I did? And then watching it back like maybe I should have.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: That was also when one direction was there was on the show. Yeah did you say that before?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 3: Cool? Cool?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Excite again?
Speaker 2: Christmas episode our first Christmas episode, which was really I think a vehicle for the Christmas album, our best performing album ever.
Speaker 3: Obviously, there's a lot of music in this episode, a lot of music. What was going on in the world was number one song was Raise Your Glass, a new song by Pink which will be performed on Glee. And the number one movie was Still and should be Forever Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: I saw that beyond Kevin. Am I boring? You?
Speaker 2: Shut it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: The coffee come down? Okay. This episode was directed by Alfonso Gomez Rayjon. He's back, back, back again.
Speaker 1: That's right, And.
Speaker 3: There's about a thousand songs in this episode. Tell me, tell me about these songs, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Okay, the most wonderful day of the year. We need a little Christmas. Merry Christmas, Darling Baby, it's cold outside. You're a mean one, mister Grinch, Last Christmas and Welcome Christmas. Wow, Jenna, there's a lot of memories.
Speaker 3: You and I.
Speaker 2: Sing a lot of these songs.
Speaker 3: Yes, we do, Thank Goodness, because you know what, every Christmas, I get a nice Christmas check.
Speaker 2: I leaned over to Austin. I was like, you hear those bumpump bumps on Last Christmas? Mortgage it for a couple months of the year.
Speaker 3: Well, Last Christmas was the big single that we were going to release, and we all sang on that and we did the bum bum bums.
Speaker 2: Like what you said, And if you've been listening, we don't normally, Yeah, we don't normally do backgrounds, but you mean Amber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were all those are just three of us, I think, the three of us, and we were all in the studio together. I remember when they did their solos and everything too.
Speaker 1: We were there. Yeah, and it's a great song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, think it's a great song, Bump Bump Bumps. I hear it on Kiss FM every single.
Speaker 1: All the time, every single Christmas, you know, use it up.
Speaker 2: Also the most Wonderful day of the year. And I just feel like a lot of this is you and me yes together on like a lead. And I don't know why you and I sang so much of these songs.
Speaker 1: I don't either, but we did a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most wonderful the day of the year. We didn't need a little Christmas. I was on as well. Last Christmas. I was on as well, and Welcome Christmas.
Speaker 2: And Welcome Christmas. I'm not even in that scene, but it's me singing the male lead of it, which also if you notice, so there there's a couple of things that happened with this episode. Because I think they made the album separately as a Christmas soundtrack. We're putting this out as a full thing, and so when it does get to the scene where we're all we can start so you know, in the beginning, when we're putting up that Christmas tree and decorating all that, and we're singing, and that version of it, Diana is singing lines, and the recorded version Chris is actually doing And I remember watching it and waiting for Chris to come up and sing these lines like, oh yeah, he's in the lead club.
Speaker 3: Here, Yes exactly, and I think they realized that and we're like, oh crap, we got to go back exactly. So it's Christmas Immickinley and we're we're trying to raise money for the Youth Homeless Shelter. But there's a Christmas Grinch, which is kind of the theme of this episode. Is the Grinch? Have the Grinch stole Christmas? Okay, it's Sevester gets in the way. And then also there's like another whole storyline that Brittany still believes in Sana.
Speaker 1: Which is very cute, and Rachel is trying to get back with Fin and using Christmas the Christmas spirit to.
Speaker 3: Move that along. Okay, so yes, we have done. We have decorating the tree. Glee is yeah, is doing it. And I would like to say I feel like this is the start of a tradition in the Glee episodes. I feel like a lot of shows from the UK have their Christmas episode and we started doing that this season. First season, we didn't do it because we didn't know when we were going to air in all of that, right, it was a whole different process. But now we knew we were picked up for a couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: And let's do some Christmas music.
Speaker 2: Yes, cash in those royalties.
Speaker 1: Still hear them every year.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Finn loves Christmas. Finn is like the leader of this episode, kind of without Rachel a little bit until the end, and Finn is trying to get everybody in the Christmas spirit, and Will comes in.
Speaker 1: He's like, where'd you get this tree from?
Speaker 2: What a mess of answers?
Speaker 1: It is a mass and it's so strange, and I was like, what is this whole thing happening?
Speaker 3: But Finn found the tree outside, and Puck, you know, took the displayed presence from the mall, and Santana's stole the director the decorations from our neighbor's house. And then Mercedes is like, this is kind of like a metaphor for the glee club, and yet we are still We won sectionals two years in a row, and yet we are still so ling.
Speaker 2: I would like to point out that here Finn says hed the tree, and in a couple of scenes later they say shoe found the tree, oh no, and there was there that was not made, storylines were changed or something, and.
Speaker 3: A h this is when things started to get chaotic. I was talking to Ian Brennan last night and he had said, this is when we this is episode is kind of when we started to realize we were really tired. So understandably, yeah, but Glee Club is still not cool. And Tina, Mike and Mercedes get slushy in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh how was that? You looked like you were really feeling it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't great.
Speaker 3: Mine came late and so the timing was a little off, but it took me by surprise, and we couldn't move after because they want to get photos continuity photos, and so you're like burning your face is like burning. It wasn't a great one. But Amber was insistent upon having a on for her slushies so that her hair wouldn't get messed up, and so I insisted on having that had so my hair wouldn't get messed up. But also because if you have to do it again, it'll take a lot longer. So at least there was that yeah, yeah, did you only do it once? I think we did this one twice. I think one was tice and these were green slushies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christmas Spirit.
Speaker 1: That's not fun because it was a die. It was like die. Yeah, and it was just I think this was Harry's first slushie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I think we were really checking off the boxes because the next episode, who is Slushy Gate with me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was my second slushie I think, And this was and somehow you had still kno gone slushied.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Okay, I was avoiding it. So Will's like, guys waning into the Christmas spirit, We're going to go around caroling and this school with real kids to raise money for the McKinley venta homeless children youth program, and then everyone fights it and Fen's like, no, we need to do this, and Rachel's like, oh, you know, you're being a leader. I think we can use this as an opportunity to get back together and blah blah blah. So we go and perform need a Little Christmas and we get heckles.
Speaker 3: Do you want to talk about this this scene for a second. Yeah, I should not have been in the front row of this, Jenny, you were fully reading.
Speaker 1: I can't. I couldn't find the beat. Do you remember we're rocking and everybody's.
Speaker 3: Going right, left, right, right, and I'm like a slow clock that's running out of battery.
Speaker 2: I forgot about the one you were reading. Is the last one, not this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you watch this though, I'm I'm off by like a millisecond so Christmas and I'm just off.
Speaker 2: I'm off too, But I really this is because Leah's pushing my shoulders, pushing me.
Speaker 3: If you go back and you look, Harry's laughing at me from the back row. Everybody's like, Jenna, get it right, and I was like, I can.
Speaker 1: I don't know, leash when.
Speaker 2: People have it when you're trying to do something that is really simple but you can't do like it happens to everyone and you just can't get it for some reason. It doesn't makes you feel crazy, and I just remember, it's not It's not gonna happen. I can't, do you think.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know, maybe because we recorded it, like there was something off in the music and the actual beat of the dance because.
Speaker 2: I was off too, right, That's what I'm thinking. Because I also think you and I were one of the only people that were actually singing it.
Speaker 1: Yes, we recorded this.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of it. A lot of these songs are you me Amber and Yes Cory, Yes that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry. For some reason, I feel like we were all in the studio while these Christmas songs are happy, they're like, just get in there, just use them to the other.
Speaker 1: He go in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Had we known that we were going to make money off of every song you're on, I would have been.
Speaker 1: Like, I'll be there. Just count me in.
Speaker 2: You need a bump, pump pump, I got you.
Speaker 1: It's what I'm best at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had no idea. So then we get a shoe thrown at us and we're like, no, we can't do this. We're getting heckled. But the teacher throws a shoe, which is the ridiculing is pretty funny. So then Rachel tells Fenn to meet her in the auditorium and she's decorated it like a wonderland and tries the ifiny gift a song as an attempt to apologize, but Fenn's not having it and leaves and she's like, such a shame that Ava Club works so hard on the face.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, there's like a theme. She will have a winter Wonderland on that stage every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's part of the Christmas tradition.
Speaker 1: That's right, Rachel's Winter Wonderland.
Speaker 3: So the choir room, the kids come in to find the choir room destroyed, You're right, and everybody's really upset, and Finn is like still, you know, moving with this Christmas spirit, and he's like this, we've got to we've got to keep keep on and we can't. We can't let this down. So Rachel tells Finn that be you know, they are the leaders of the glee club and so they have to put this all behind them and lift the Christmas spirit for the glee club. So they go Christmas shopping and Christmas tree shopping and they go to the Christmas tree lot and she's still trying to kind of get him back, which is kind of sad, but he's not into it.
Speaker 1: But then they do last Christmas and they find a lovely tree and they kiss even though he's still not into.
Speaker 2: It, but against his better judgment, and he kisses her.
Speaker 3: And then he officially breaks up with her. Oh, and she wears a pine air freshener for him. So and the gifts are stolen, but I was.
Speaker 2: Happy that we didn't have to be there for the lot at nighttime.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that because I was like, that's our backgrounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like I remember being like, oh, we're not in it, because I think we keep saying this is where things got crazy and we were probably pulled elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, probably doing the super Bowl episode. Right.
Speaker 3: So everyone goes Gift of the Magi quote unquote to raise money for the homeless kids after the gifts are stolen, and the guys are going to give their watches and the girls are going to cut their hair, and nobody actually really read the book.
Speaker 2: What is Gift of the Magic?
Speaker 1: It's a book?
Speaker 2: Why does everybody know it? And Glee Club?
Speaker 1: It's like it's like there's like an old like it's a fable. You didn't read it in school?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I'm from Texas. We just learned about the Alamo so over and over and over again. Maybe that's god.
Speaker 3: It was. It was a short story. Actually I don't really remember the actual synopsis of it. But they buy like there's a wife and a husband. They buy each other secret gifts for each other with very little money because they have very little money, and there's.
Speaker 2: Something everyone knows the story.
Speaker 3: Well, I learned about this in school, so I definitely assume that most people knew about it. But we actually find that the gleague called doesn't. Actually, no, they do know the name because you know Rachel and like somebody brought it and Rachel brought it up or somebody. But it's Santana's line about she's like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine, this is even really my hair anyway.
Speaker 2: I love that line.
Speaker 3: But all the girls are going to cut their hair, and Will thank Goodness comes in and puts a pause on it, and he says that we're really going to go out and we're going to find people who really need Christmas spirit and sing for them because we're still very lucky and charmed. So the glee club ends up singing to the teachers and the teacher's lounge to raise money for homeless kids.
Speaker 2: That's the one where you're reading off of the music stand in front of you.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a music stand, okay, so take take advantage of the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is this is not like a drag at all, Because I was thinking how lucky you were to have it in front of you, because it's yeah, it's a weird song to remember, a lot of foule who sounds, you know, And I was I'm remember I don't know why I have such a distinct memory of standing in video village and the next room watching you guys do this.
Speaker 1: Because you didn't have to be in it, so you were like, hey, yeah. I was like, that's guys, that's my voice.
Speaker 2: Does anyone care? That's should we take my voice out?
Speaker 1: I sang on this one.
Speaker 2: This is the one. Tim Davis had to come into the booth with me and because I could not get it, get it, and he was literally, okay, it's coming up. It's do do do do do, and I'd be okay and I just repeat it.
Speaker 1: Was I there.
Speaker 2: I feel like I remember that. I feel like you were. I feel like you did this, but you knew the song better than I did. It was easier for you.
Speaker 1: And I think I had a melody.
Speaker 2: That's why I had all these random bits that didn't really fit together, but they fill in all the gaps, got it well.
Speaker 3: I feel very lucky that we got to sing on a lot of the Christmas stuff, at least for this first album. Okay, So Brittany still believes in Santa and your realization is already realizing that Brittany still believes in Santa is very funny, Kevin, very very funny.
Speaker 2: I don't remember doing a lot of this. I don't storyline, really, I don't because and I'm now realizing the things I don't remember as much are because we were literally filming multiple episodes at the same time at this point, and so I had no idea where we were, where we were, what we were doing. But Yes, already realizes, oh my god, Britney still believes in Santa Claus. We have to keep that dream alive.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: Enlists the help of the entire glee club, which is really sweet. No one puts up a fight and like, okay, yeah, and so we go to the mall, the same mall we use every time, and yeah, do you remember this vaguely?
Speaker 1: Is this target? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is our target run.
Speaker 1: This is target run. We all well. Also, though along with this storyline in the Rewalk, I thought this was seasons later.
Speaker 2: I did not realize the rewalk was this episode me neither. Okay, it came up, I guess.
Speaker 1: I was like, this cannot be the rewalk, And then it was the rewalk and no idea. Okay, So yes, we were at the mall and there was a lot of downtime and I mean a lot of downtime and I don't know why. And we decided we had a lot of security with us Clinton, our main security had security from Fox was there with us, and we decided that we wanted to go to Target.
Speaker 3: It was a part of the mall. Yeah, And we all went in and they were like, are you sure? You guys all want to go together? And we decided we were going to decorate our trailers because we got nicer trailers for season two, right, they were new.
Speaker 2: We had like the nineteen seventies trailers for season one. Season two they were rema Yes.
Speaker 1: So yes, we decided we all wanted to go and decorate our trailers.
Speaker 3: So we got blankets and candles and we got a bean bag Ottomans exactly and just things throw pills, and we came out with like our security was holding ball.
Speaker 2: We did a full like what is that nineties show like Supermarket Sweep or whatever. We were really on a time crunch kids making money for the first we.
Speaker 1: Did go to Target with security. That was the time to go because we couldn't.
Speaker 3: We didn't have security on our own time, so it was actually really nice to security to.
Speaker 2: Go to Turkey Box. Oh my god, So everybody has a set on Sama's lap. And then when Brittany actually does, she asks for Santa to grant already the ability to walk, and he's like no, no, no, no, no no no. This is backbaring terribly because we can't do that. And so then already Sam and Puck ask Beast to dress up as Santa to convince her, and she's like, okay, I'll do it. And then side note, you got to break into her house. It's okay, it's gonna be unlocked, and her parents already know this plot is wild.
Speaker 1: It is wild. And then the fact that Beast takes the.
Speaker 3: Santa beard off, I thought like, oh, she's gonna reveal herself in this scene.
Speaker 1: I was like, did she reveal herself? And yet Brittany still believes the Beast.
Speaker 2: Is Santa when this She's already seen three different Santa. She's seen mal Santa, she sees Grinch Sue who was destroying the t and Sue realizes like, oh my god, she thinks I'm actually Santa. So she doesn't really give up the gig either, which is so nice of her. Yeah, and then there's Beast who gives like a really beautiful moving speech, but it disappoints Brittany still when she's given an explanation of why you know, Santa can't make Artie walk.
Speaker 3: Right, and then yes, and then and then Brittany is upset and she's lost her Christmas spirit because she Sanna has told her now that you're not gonna be able to walk, and You're.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm fine, I'm good, don't worry about me.
Speaker 3: But you graciously offer to take Brittany home and make sure that she's going to be okay, and magically a rewalk appears.
Speaker 2: I remember the discussion about this rewalk. I feel like I just feel like it was talked about so much because it's a sensitive topic, of course, and this was new technology where it wasn't a widely available thing, and it was just trying to appease sort of, you know, both of their dreams already's dealt with it before. This is Brittany's new dream for Arty, and I think a lot of it was just this. They have the sensitivity in the nature of the storyline of how do we do this and properly? Yeah, properly, And then I remember I had like fittings for this rewalk thing. Yes, I did, And now.
Speaker 1: The rewalk is an interesting It was an interesting mechanism, but it also felt like their little nod and I could be wrong to Christmas Girl for Timmy saying God blesses everyone and having being.
Speaker 2: Able to I think it was, and I think it. You know, the whole storyline was bring the whole glee club together in the most non controversial way, you know, carolink to that are classrooms. Everyone was pissed then the then the tree gets scrapped and everything gets stolen, and like there was bad stuff happening, and this was like, Oh, everybody's on team Brittany, and that's keep the dream alive for her.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: And they're sort of like, where did this come from? Because no one actually knows, and so they all just chalk it up to a Chris's Santa Claus miracle. Now I thought it was Beast, Yeah it was, but only Beast knows that she doesn't tell anyone. Well, I was not, and he said it was Santa He is, like it might have been Beast, but it also might have been Santa. I also love how Dot says Santa Claus. That feels like a very dot thing. I did think that was not scripted Santa Claus. So the other thing that's happening in this episode are the adult bolts.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Will is obviously alone, having Christmas alone and has brought up several times in this and Ema says, you can't do that, so you should, you know, come over with us, and he's like, I think we need our space. And then Dot comes in and says we're doing or Beast. Sorry, It comes in and says we're doing a secret Santa right, and Will gets Sue and so, in a panic, not knowing what to get for Sue beyond a dog, robot and a soul, he goes to see Dalton Kurta at Dalton and before he gets there, you know, curtain Blaine do a beautiful rendition of Baby It's cold outside the first curtain Blaine do it. Yes, a big moment, it was a big song.
Speaker 1: It is a big song. Did very well and Chris had a very easy episode.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that it's like this is a day of shooting for him.
Speaker 1: Damn boy, him and Darren. So Will asks Kurt for help Christmas shopping because he has super secret Sanna. I've anknownst to him that everybody is super secrets Hannah, and she rigged it and she hates Christmas, but she actually really loves the gifts.
Speaker 3: So Beast and Emma and Will are obviously upset when they find out that Sue has rigged secrets Hannah, and they're they're in cohoots not let her get away with it, So Will and Beast they take her gifts away and they're donating them to the McKinley Vento for homes kids. And Sue's the Grinch. Sue is literally and metaphorically the Grench in this episode, and she does you're immune one, mister Grinch, and that's where Britney sees her.
Speaker 2: This whole bit is so good, dressed up like the dog, and yeah, and Heather dressed up, Brittany dressed up like Cidey lu who I think it's really Alfonso can make a beautiful composition. That means he can. Some of these shots were just beautiful, gorgeous.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so Sue is the Grinch in this episode, and it kind of intertines with everything else. But then Sue, here's the glee club singing, and then her heart grows, you know, one hundred times, and she sees everybody singing in the choir or not in the choir.
Speaker 1: And the teacher's lounge and she kind of tears up just a little.
Speaker 2: Of moisture.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: I love this next bit because then Rachel goes up to Shoe and says that you're divorced and miss Pillsbury married another guy. I guess we'll be spending Christmas Eve alone, damn girl. And then she invites him over to her house. And this relationship between this teacher, I mean, students will never not mystify me a bit. But you know, I was thinking, m hmm, not that anybody asked, but I watch a lot of teen shows and this is a common teacher involvement. Yeah, because the teacher makes a big difference in these kids' life, and you know, they're they become actual friends. Sure, but the thing is is that normally those teachers also have adult friends outside of school. I don't think she does.
Speaker 3: Right, right, that's the issue. Or and that she was single, so he's just by himself with these kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's th good is the thing.
Speaker 3: So Will's home by himself and he finds Sue there and she gives them a tree and gives back the kids for the orphans, and also a razor to shape the chia pet, and then she surprises him, which feels out of characters for Sue. But then I'm like, okay, fine, I'll buy it. And the Holy Club comes and spends our Christmas you with Sue, which I was thinking, also.
Speaker 1: Don't they need to be with their families, right, But that's okay.
Speaker 3: And then one of my favorite lines of the episode was like, I thought you hated the holidays soon and she said no, and just hate you.
Speaker 2: I really, you know. I thought in the beginning of this episode that I was not going to really enjoy it that much because it's like a weird themed one off episode that has nothing to do. But there's just something so special about Christmas episodes or holiday episodes in general, where I was thinking back to some of my favorite teen shows and they do things like this, and it's okay that it is not a regular told episode because it feels warm and it's nice to see these characters that you love or hate all get to do something a little different together.
Speaker 1: For sure, I don't particularly love our Christmas episodes, but I think it was part of it was shooting them, because they felt large. But also it's like the Friends with Thanksgiving, like I look forward to those episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was the very first time I understood the Christmas episodes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, because I think I had a lot of attachment to it, like you do. Of they were hard to film, and because there was by that point, you're like really in the middle of a season and everything's chaos, but yeah, the Friends episodes, you would look forward to those Thanksgiving episodes, and you look forward to these episodes and the music. And I enjoyed it. I surprised myself. Oh wow, Yeah, not that I thought I would hate it. I just liked it a lot.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, for sure, I get it. I get it. Okay, should we do some tarty takes?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go for it. Let's do it cringe moments aka Auchi's.
Speaker 3: Well. The fact that.
Speaker 1: Brittany thinks I can't tell the difference between elves and slaves was like mm hmm, a little off to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that came up like three times, two or three times in a row. You also asked for Asian Santa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I did. I thought that was a Mike's thing.
Speaker 2: I know, That's what I felt. That's why I felt out of place.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were no real dancers, but I would say the worst dancers were you and me in that front row. Just we really did not need a little Christmas.
Speaker 2: We couldn't get it.
Speaker 1: We suck. It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: Best song mmmm, best song is hard.
Speaker 1: I would say maybe Wham.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I agree with that because that was the sort of single and that still gets played every year. It's crazy everywhere. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Best performance by a problem oh, I mean the rewark obviously, and the best lines Okay, so mine was kind of a cringe, but also Brittany's delivery of the line to the elf when she's going up to see Sanna and she says, just now that you have rights. And also the chia pet line about.
Speaker 1: Will's hair.
Speaker 2: I think mine was. I think mine was Santana about her hair. Most of it's not mine anyway.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: I love that one.
Speaker 1: That's a very good.
Speaker 2: One, okay, Jenna. The shit we fan on TikTok this week is actually interactive, something that you're going need to do because there is a Glee bracket filter. What yeah, where you can go and pick your favorite characters. Needs to say. I don't think Already or Tina are winning any of this, but it's yeah, I'm gonna go do it as soon as we're done. Wait, sounded to me.
Speaker 1: This is exciting.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, and what are people's brackets? Let's see.
Speaker 3: So it's Glee bracket. Yes, oh wow, and you just go up against each other. Oh, we're up against each other on one.
Speaker 2: Ooh yeah, there are there, I mean there are tons.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna do it. Then we'll post it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but go.
Speaker 2: Do your Glee bracket tag us so we can see who you like more. Yes, it's fine, Yeah, no, it's okay.
Speaker 3: And don't forget to come back next week for the most viewed episode of the series.
Speaker 2: That's that's right, the Sue Sylvester Shuffle aka super Bowl episode. And we have lots and lots to talk about because that episode took eight years to film. And the Chevrolet commercial, Oh my god, oh my god, Jenna. Okay, all right, join us next week, see you next week and That's what you really missed today. Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and That's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.