Speaker 1: Good morning us yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Wow, you haven't done that wrong.
Speaker 2: I ain't done it. I ain't done it in days. Then down, how long it's been. It's been a while. Come on in La Mane.
Speaker 4: Peace to the planet is Monday.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What's happening. How you feeling, man, I'm good? Where you been?
Speaker 4: Where was I last week? I was in the Cans Lions, you know, in cons France. I don't know Cans cons cons Lions. Uh, that was that was a work trip though. I was there representing the Black Effect and in iHeartMedia.
Speaker 2: And then man, you know, it's so crazy.
Speaker 4: A lot of stuff that I had lined up just happened to fall on this on this week because my wife is a huge Jill Scott fan, and you know, Jill Scott performed her first album Who Is Jill Scott as the Hollywood Bowl last Thursday. Yeah, so we flew from France to La so she can go see the concert. And then this weekend was the grand opening of the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina, and you know that's home for me.
Speaker 2: But I also sit on the board of.
Speaker 4: The International African American Museum, and that was supposed to be in February, but that got pushed to June, which is which was last weekend.
Speaker 2: So all of that fell on the same weekend.
Speaker 4: So I was in France, California, and then Charleston, South Carolina for the grand opening of the International African American Museum.
Speaker 2: And now I'm back here.
Speaker 3: Now you're back on yes, all right.
Speaker 4: Well I was home in South Carolina, but I'm back at my new home hearing New York, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: There you go. Well, I'm out at in LA for the b ET Awards.
Speaker 2: The b ET Awards.
Speaker 3: Last night, I was doing the red Carpet Pree and Pros got a chance to chop it up with a bunch of people from Boosey Badass who was out of jail.
Speaker 2: I saw chopped it up with. Who did I chop it up?
Speaker 4: Your background looked like that. It looks like a blurred me. The blurry you look like you're in a point of video.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: He told me to blur.
Speaker 2: The back just took like a porn a video.
Speaker 4: You look crazy and then it's just and all you see is like the mic is blurred, so it looks like this big black thing is in your face that they don't want us to see, and it's right by your mouth.
Speaker 2: That looks crazy, Seth looks crazy.
Speaker 3: You're jealousy. But who else that I talked to about the BT Well, of course I spoke to Master P, I spoke to Lola Brooks. I spoke to so many different people last night. We'll give you some updates I did.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the BT Awards because I enjoyed a bridging of the gap between the old g's and the new school. But I feel like I feel like a lot of people knew that the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop was coming, but they didn't prepare for it.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like I feel like a.
Speaker 4: Lot of these I haven't seen like a fantastic, phenomenal fiftieth anniversary celebration yet, and I feel like people had more than enough time to put one put one together. Because see, the thing about hip hop is you can take all of those classic artists and some of these new artists and put them on stage and it'll always be good.
Speaker 2: It'll damn it'd be great.
Speaker 4: But I'm talking about I haven't seen like that that that led at legendary thing yet, Like they didn't even have a host.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they didn't have a host. Kick A pri was pretty much.
Speaker 2: The host, Yes, Luther Kick Prix.
Speaker 3: And I think so many artists are on the road, and remember BT changed this a million one times. At one time, they weren't gonna have it, then they weren't gonna have it, Then they were gonna do it in Bahamas, then they decided not to do it, and then they decided to do it in La.
Speaker 4: It all lets me know that nobody was prepared because if it's fiftyff anniversary of hip hop, it should have been in New York, Atlanta, you know what I'm saying, or one or LA one of those cities that has been a staple in hip hop culture, you know, for a long time. And it wasn't that La though, you know what I mean. It wasn't that, but but I feel like it could have been. They could have planned it out a little bit better, like a New York or Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Also had to strike too, Remember the strike was got to do music. Well, you know, they had writers, they didn't have a host, and I think maybe they will do better for the the Hip Hop Awards.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe we'll see And I ain't seen no commercials for the Breakfast Club at all throughout the whole show.
Speaker 2: But that's a you know, a behind the scenes great let me shut up.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that either, all right, Well, let's get the show cracking. Of course, we got front page news popping off to the figure will be joining us, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club on.
Speaker 3: Easy Morning, everybody. It's DJ NV, Charlomagne, the God, we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Now do I still look like I'm in a pornhok? I can't see you at all. Now all I'll say his test? What up?
Speaker 6: Test?
Speaker 7: What up?
Speaker 6: Charlamagne?
Speaker 8: And god DJ No, it does not look pooring.
Speaker 3: All right anymore? Well, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about this woman teen charge is deadly shooting outside West Pullman restaurant. Now what happened in this case?
Speaker 9: Yeah, thirty five year old Carlicia Hood and her fourteen year old son are facing murder charges in the fatal shooting of thirty two year old Jeremy Brown. In the West Pullman neighborhood, and that neighborhood is located in the far south side of Chicago. Prosecutors say that Hood was in line getting full while her son waited inside their car. Both Hood and Brown were in line and they started to argue. A lot of you guys may have seen this on social media because it was a big topic of discussion over the weekend. Hood started texting and pointing to her son while a witness was a thing and encouraging Brown. The son arrived at the doorway as the argument turned into a fight, with Brown punching Hood in the head three times. That's when the team pulled out a firearm and shot the victim in the back. Let's listen to the quick exchange between the two and then I want to give you guys some more information and then we'll discuss.
Speaker 1: De fool.
Speaker 2: If he said down, I knocked you out?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I said, what.
Speaker 2: Were they charge you with?
Speaker 10: Tess.
Speaker 8: So, So before I get to that, let me just give you a couple of other things.
Speaker 9: Brown fled the restaurant, and the prosecutors are saying that the mom instructed him to continue shooting at Brown to kill him.
Speaker 8: That he was shot twice in the back. He later died from his injuries.
Speaker 9: But I also want to point out that the family is saying that she did not instruct him to shoot Brown to further, you know, continue shooting him as he ran away. So as the story stands, it is still developing. Also want to point out that neither Hood or her son had a previous record. Hood did have a license to carry a firearm, and thanks for asking what they were charged with their bow charged with first degree murder.
Speaker 8: Again, she did have a valid license. And during the bond hearing.
Speaker 9: Because I want to give everybody as much information as you can so you can argue with and in the comments, Cook County Judge Barbara Dawkins noted that according to the allegations, Brown did punch Hood, but that he was killed as he was trying to escape the restaurant. So I remember he shot once in the restaurant, then when he ran out, he was shot again. Now, the judge said that the threat was over at that point and that things may turn out differently, you know, at the trial, but at this point in his first degree murder because he was no longer a threat. And I also want to point out that Judge Dawkins is a black woman. Why am I bringing up race? Well, the reason I'm bringing up race is because there's a lot of commentary that's saying, you know, police officers so not held to that same standard when they kill black people who are running away and the.
Speaker 8: Threat is over as well. So I just wanted to give you, you know, all of that information.
Speaker 3: What do you guys say, we don't understand why he was charged. I really don't understand why he was.
Speaker 2: Charge I mean I kind of do.
Speaker 4: I do wonder what the legal definition of self defense is according to Illinois law, because you know, even growing up in a place like South Carolina, where I believe that it is staying the ground, they always told us like, if somebody came in your house, you could defend your house, but if they was running away, you couldn't shoot them in the back.
Speaker 2: I've always heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they always My whole thing is that it's a fourteen year old boy and this grown ass man punched his mother what twice?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 4: Listen more, Morally, we know, I don't. I don't think he did anything wrong. I'm just trying to figure out the legal.
Speaker 8: Okay, let me give you that because I have that pulled up.
Speaker 9: So when we talk about the legal definition in Illinois, it has to be there is intimate danger or threat to you, someone else, or your property.
Speaker 8: The threat was unlawful.
Speaker 9: You believe that a danger existed that required for us, and you use force that is equal to the threat. But there's also, you know, another part of the law that says you cannot claim self defense if you are the aggressor. You cannot overreact or act unreasonably in defending yourself. So there's two levels of force. Regular force that is something that prevents someone from moving or actually normal or acting normally, and deadly force force that causes or is intended to call serious bodily harm or death. So the judge is saying that, you know, maybe in trial, you know, you might things might turn out differently. But because he was running away and he was murdered as he was running away, that was the issue. I do believe if he had just shot him inside the restaurant, this would be possibly looked at differently. But it was running away, and I don't know, guys, if they have any audio of her saying, hey, go shoot him, go kill him or not That's why I'm being very careful in how I, you know, deliver this story because I'm assuming because they have video of everything else, so I don't know.
Speaker 8: But the family is saying she did not do that.
Speaker 9: And then they also said that she threatened one of the witnesses as well, that she was saying, you know, hey, kill the witness. But obviously that didn't happen. But again, these are all allegations. As the story continues to come, you know, continue to develop.
Speaker 2: Somebody punts your mama what you're supposed to do, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But then you're a fourteen year old boy. It's not like you ask man, right, you might punch your mom in the face and then they start running. You just firing right and groan ass man punching your mom in the face.
Speaker 9: Nah, he's a fortunate So do you believe that she should be in jail and the son should not be in jail?
Speaker 5: Or what?
Speaker 8: What do you guys, because he definitely got charged with delinquency of a minor.
Speaker 4: I don't believe either one of them should be in jail, especially if the gun was uh, you know, legal, But I do understand the aspect of the law where you know that he was running away. But I think once he goes to trial, I think that'll he'll he'll, that'll he'll be that I that my.
Speaker 3: Mom kept saying, keep shooting and kill him. If the mom kept saying keep shooting and kill him, then that's a different scenario. But all he did was protect his mom.
Speaker 8: Now do you think that that other people should have intervened?
Speaker 9: Just quick question before we close out, because that was also a discussion saying that other people should have said, hey, sis, you know, leave it alone, or should they could that have saved this tragedy from happening.
Speaker 4: I always think people should intervene when they see a man beating on a woman in public.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Even if you see a man, you know, raising his voice towards a woman in public, like you know, depending on the situation, because I don't know if they're not a couple clearly, but if you see like a strange man yelling at a woman and a woman looks like she's in the dress, yeah, somebody should be like, hey man, y'all relaxed.
Speaker 2: Take that somewhere else. So bro, bro, take that somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I always not that, but not even hey, sis, leave it alone. I mean, all she was doing they were just having a comment. They were arguing back and forth. He was saying something, she was saying something, and that though once yeah, he couldn't he couldn't return his words. So he was like, if you keep talking, I'm gonna punch you.
Speaker 2: And that's when somebody should have been like, yo yo yo, yeah, cool out.
Speaker 9: And I totally agree with the other side of the argument, just telling you what people are saying in the comments, were saying, you know, why should people risk their lives and get involved in something and then not make it home because there were men that were there that literally ran, you know, away from a scene.
Speaker 3: Well, lat is front page News. Test will talk to you in a couple of minutes, absolutely all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines a wide open again eight hundred five A five one oh five one. Tell us how your weekend was. Is the breakfast club?
Speaker 11: Good morning the breakfast club? Anyway, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this by?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 12: Trap?
Speaker 13: Where am I?
Speaker 14: Where?
Speaker 13: I sure?
Speaker 6: I'm right here?
Speaker 2: Sis, I know you missed me.
Speaker 13: Well, welcome back?
Speaker 2: Sorry, yes, sir, welcome back?
Speaker 13: Is your jolt to today?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's just it's just the gusbands in the morning. That's all, just the gusins in the morning.
Speaker 7: Is this the go morning?
Speaker 2: So yes, sir.
Speaker 13: But listen, I'm calling to talk about, you know, the BP Awards. I just gotta I talk about one thing, the ET Awards.
Speaker 2: What's that? Patty?
Speaker 13: I listen now, I listen now, I love from Patty. Me and I were both disappointed and Patty last fight.
Speaker 4: Okay, Patty is Patty almost eighty years old. Bro, and Patty been out here for getting the lyrics for a long time. Patty, Patty and have forgot more songs than people have ever wrote.
Speaker 13: People got the.
Speaker 2: National ask my hood.
Speaker 7: You don't if you don't know the word.
Speaker 13: Tutor song that you that she is presenting and you want to tripute to you're doing nothing yesterday.
Speaker 7: Trap.
Speaker 4: That's very easy for y'all to say, but you do realize all Tina turn appears are dead right, Patty, Like the last woman standing. Who else gonna do it? One of these young girls gonna do it. One of these young girls gonna do it, and then y'all gonna.
Speaker 2: Chill us on tour.
Speaker 3: Beyonce was on tour, and you know how that is. Patty probably practiced, She probably thought she had it, and when she got on that stage, she just forgot there was a teleprompter. Prompter.
Speaker 2: Look, get Patty some slack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's not too many. It's not too many show show women out there anymore. Tina Turner is a show woman. Patti Leabell is a show woman. Like you know, Yes, you got singers out there that can sing, but Tina Turner was a show woman.
Speaker 13: We could have got Janail money for all that here. You brot her little black and white. You don't want to, y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all would have killed Janelle Monee if she didn't hit them vocals the way that y'all wanted her to. Y'all would have killed Janel Monee if she came out there. Patty was the only Patty was the right person to do it. And I don't have a problem with her missing lyrics because she eighty years old. Patti LaBelle forgetting the lyrics. Joe Biden forgets he's president. Respect the elderly.
Speaker 3: Y'all facts facts, fact facts for bride trive Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Whether you're man or.
Speaker 6: Bless, time to get up and get something call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: This is red rad what up?
Speaker 2: Get it over your chest?
Speaker 10: Bro, Yes, sir, we have a break down in the society. That's why the young man had to defend his mom. All those fellers in there, they should have stood up.
Speaker 15: For a woman.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree with my brother. Listen, man, I can see both sides. I can see both sides. I definitely think that they should have stood up. But then I could also them saying, look, man, I don't know what this dude got on him. Let me mind my business. You know, I can see both sides.
Speaker 10: I get it, but you know so I can understand that.
Speaker 3: But like I said, you know that the young boy shot the shot the man twice, right, And people say, well, why he shoot him twice? How do we know that man wasn't running in his car to get his fire on?
Speaker 7: Exactly, know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Once once he punched my mom two three times in the face. Whoever he punched my mom's everything's off the table at that point.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you my question, my brother, you say you were in law enforcement. Is there like I know, you know how they got like crimes and passion? Is there's something like that, uh in regard as the family, like you hit my mom or my grandma or my child somebody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I flipp out, well, well, I.
Speaker 10: Can only speak from a personal standpoint on that. If you put your hands on my mother at fourteen, I'm going all out and I really don't care about the consequences.
Speaker 13: Legally, he can't be really held.
Speaker 10: Responsible except for the fact that he shot him twice.
Speaker 3: Now, what if they found a firearm in that guy's call? You know what I mean, Because we don't know what I gave. It was like, oh, he was running shopping to punch my mom.
Speaker 13: It's a whole bunch of what if.
Speaker 10: But you know, South Carolina doesn't have a stay in your ground like Charlamagne was telling you. But I believe that incident happened Illinois. It's a size and wasting when you go to court. The man could have been sixty two six five four hundred pounds and his moms could have been only five tot eight and one hundred and thirty five pounds. So it's gonna be a whole lot of factors that play how they get charged and stuff.
Speaker 4: South Carolina does have a type of stay in your ground lattough, it says South Carolina, which remove the duty to retreat before using deadly force and self defense with a person is not an unlawful activity. I don't even I don't even know what that means. I just was always told you can't shoot nobody at the back of day now coming. If if they're in your house and you pull your gun on them and they try to flee, you can't shoot them.
Speaker 2: In the back. That's what I was, all right, Even if they got your jewelry, even if they stole.
Speaker 3: Something, you can't shoot him in the back. Test test has a hand out what I test.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to tap in just to answer your question. You asked about crime of passion, so I looked it up in Illinois. That is, it must be a form of conduct by the victim or another person that will cause a reasonable person to become inflamed with passion and cause him to act from a moment of passion rather than reason.
Speaker 2: So wouldn't that count in this situation? Fourteen years old? Hud my mom?
Speaker 8: I think I think once it all flushes out.
Speaker 9: I know people keep talking about the fourteen year old, but I think once it all flushes out, the fourteen year old will be okay. This is probably going to be more on the mother for delinquency of a minor. I don't know if she'll be charged if the murder, you know, if how that'll flush out with her. But once they go to trial again guessing, we're all just guessing and discussing, But I think the fourteen year old will will ultimately be okay. But to you guys point, should he be in jail right now? I would say, you know, probably not as what most people think. Just let him go to court and see what happens.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five and five one oh five one If you need to vent. You can hit us up now. We got rumors on the way. Of course b E T Awards was last night. If you didn't see it, well we got some updates and some performances and some things that went down last night.
Speaker 2: So don't move. It's the breakfast club in the morning, the breakfast club morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's ce J n V, CHARLAMAGNEA God, we are the breakfast clubs. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk b E T Awards.
Speaker 6: A lot of names or you've gotsip been chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the T spells right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now, last night was the b E T Awards show Honor Bust and of course fifty years of hip hop. There was a lot going on. There was no actual host because of the writing strike.
Speaker 4: So like the original host, the original host pulled out, Yeah, Roger p Henson.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether try was. I don't know if it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But my thing is, if you knew it's gonna be fifty years of hip hop, why would you have a hot somebody from Hollywood hosting?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 4: It was fifty years hip hop, and you planning to celebrate fifty years hip hop, you should have had somebody from the hip hop world hosting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they had Kick Capri hosting. It wasn't a formal host, but Kick Capri actually held down everything. He pretty much curated the whole show from me at the West Coast, the South, he had, the East Coast. He had every different genres of music. He had the dance phase, he had the crunk phase, he had the West Coast phase, and he did a good job doing it. They also honored Buster Rahms and Buster Rahms, you know, probably one of the greatest hip hop performances that we've ever seen. How he got a chance to speak when he got his award, his Lifetime Achievement Award.
Speaker 5: One thing that I need y'all to know, we're gonna stop these little petty beats step we be doing in raptors. Y'all messing up, y'all, messing up the bag, y'all messing up the energy. I don't like when I talk to these dudes that run these streaming platforms and they talking about, you know, we turning the consumer off because it's so much little this and little that going on with you rappers. We're gonna stop that. We're gonna love each other and we're gonna get to this money. You know, executives, stop promoting everything that can be great in the music too. It ain't just gotta be about the ass shaking and the how much drugs we sold and how much dudes we tied up, how much drugs we doing. You know what I'm saying. I'm from the Chuck d era and the Cane era, but I'm a timeless great. I rock with all of my new artists. Everything about me is leading the new That's why my group was co leaders of the New.
Speaker 4: Travel the Clues Bombs for Buster Robbins. He's afflutely right on everything that he said. And you know that's where you got us a little bet, because a Lifetime Achievement award is like that for great artists like Bust and Rhymes could only happen on the platform like a bet.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. BT is culture, and it's historically been culture.
Speaker 4: And they understand the importance of somebody like a Buster Rhymes and the significance of somebody like a Buster Ribs. I can't see no other Award Show doing that for bust to bus, even though it's long overdue for him to get his flowers in that way.
Speaker 2: I agree. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Buster did speak for about ten minutes and then he performed for twenty minutes. Do it a medley of all of his hits, and this is one of them. When he performed anti of with Mop and remy Ma.
Speaker 4: Mop look mad healthy, dropping the clues box for Mops. When you get older, young bucks, that's what y'all gonna be looking for. You're gonna be looking for who looks healthy and who don't like? Who got the red in their eyeballs? You know what I'm saying. Who look like they got their gut health in check. Mop looks like they got all their gut health and check and everything.
Speaker 2: It's luth Mop.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: He also performed puts your hands with my eyes can see that?
Speaker 2: Classic? Oh I love that because thedn't Coiler Ray come on after that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Coiler did Girls or Players too.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: I love the way they was bridging the gap between the old g's and the new, the new, the new and the new artists.
Speaker 2: I loved it absolutely.
Speaker 3: He also brought out Scarlet, which is a new New York artist, and Buster had all of his kids, but one Scars.
Speaker 4: Definitely was scaring all the whole scaring all the bros too, okay, a love of energy, love.
Speaker 3: Of energy, yes, and and Buster had all his kids. They introduced me to all those kids. I seen them on the Red Coffie got a chance to talk to Bust. He came with Swiss Small the Wayans and it was just a dope, dope tribute to Bust the rhymes, so salute to Bust the rhyms now. Also something that I thought was amazing was the migos performed together.
Speaker 2: Quake Man loved it.
Speaker 3: And Offset got together at love it, you know, publicly beefing, but they did it last night for takeoff, and it was just it was dope. We got a snippet of that, you know, so we ain't really never had a home money.
Speaker 6: I know, he got a whole lot of new money. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's because you know, I'm a cancer and my born day is on June twenty ninth. But I got my feelings when I saw that. I got my feeling when I saw a Buster Buster tears and I got my feelings. When I saw offsetting Quaver on stage, I'm like, that's what I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About, bout brother.
Speaker 3: That made me so happy. I ain't gonna lie. And they kept that under wraps. The fact that they came out and performed was just totally dope. The crowd went crazy. I think everybody going crazy. I love I love seeing it. Man, all right now, Uncle Luke also performed, just.
Speaker 4: Brought tears in mis too, because I was like, man, this was such a great error that we can never go back to because that he's goddamn cancel culture.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 2: And Uncle Luke performed.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, I'm gonna close bumps Uncle Luke. Uncle Luke gonna get his just dude, goddamn it. Uncle Luke gonna get his documentaries, and Uncle Luke gonna get his bio picks, and they gonna be raw and they gonna be edgy, because that's what Uncle Luke in two Live Crew was. And we don't want y'all coming out here trying to cancel Uncle Luke for nothing. Mind your little young ass business, okay, and letting those of us from the nineteen hundreds live our lives.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, So Patty LaBelle. She did a tribute to Tina Turner. Uh, and she got she forgot some of the work.
Speaker 2: They should have had Patty and Uncle Luke tribute.
Speaker 1: What if I can't see them, I don't know. I'm trying, y'all.
Speaker 4: First of all, y'all gonna stop disrespecting Patty Leablle. Patty LeBell didn't say she forgot the words. She says she couldn't see the words.
Speaker 2: She couldn't see.
Speaker 4: She's seventy nine years old. She ain't had her glasses on, all right. Somebody should have pulled the prompter a little closer. That's BT's fault. That ain't Patty Leabelle's fault. That's BT's fault, all right. And she's forgotten her own lyrics on stage. Patty LeBell done forgot the national anthem before. Okay, she's a seventy nine year old woman. Put the goddamn prompt the closer so Patty can see what's wrong with y'all?
Speaker 2: BT? All right?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: And that was your rumor report. And when we come back, of course, we got front page news. Next, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. What were your thoughts on the BT Awards last night?
Speaker 2: Did you see it? What did you think?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it when we come back. We got front page news. Next thing, We're gonna take your calls to the Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Who g There's a new streaming service called Max with everything on HBO, Max including HBO, The DC, Universe, Discovery and more. Max really has some of the best content. There's literally something for everyone in your household. Max the one to watch, subscription required, visit max dot com wanting everybody. It's thej NV Charlemagne the God we are to Breakfast Club. Now let's get in some front.
Speaker 6: Page news testing.
Speaker 3: Figure ro is back with up chess.
Speaker 8: What's going on? Dj mvs.
Speaker 2: Charlemagne the God Peace tests.
Speaker 3: Now let's get right into it. Let's talk about this man accused of cutting limbs off puppies.
Speaker 6: What the happening?
Speaker 13: This is?
Speaker 2: This is wild.
Speaker 9: Forty four year old Justin Belton is charged with four council of amiable cruelty for mutilating live puppies in Baytown, Texas. Now he's supposed to appear in court last week, but he didn't because of court and the prosecutors. The court couldn't find him a defense attorney willing to take on the case after reading the allegations that were so egregious. Now, after abusing the puppies, he went to the dog went to the animal hospital. He kept changing the story over and over, so they arrested him at the animal hospital. I did some additional research on this, just to share some facts as I started digging into it, And what I found out is the animal cruelty makes up about twenty eight percent of all violent crimes, and dogs are the most of the abuse. Top five states with animal cruelty is Texas, Delaware, Colorado, Virginia, and Tennessee.
Speaker 8: So I thought this was just a really interesting story.
Speaker 9: How you know, no defense attorney was willing to take the case, but yet you can find, you know, defense attorneys that eagerly take cases.
Speaker 8: About human life.
Speaker 9: So I wanted to you know, see, I have a dog, by the way, So I just wanted to see, you know what you guys think about you know the value of a dog's life versus human life, and you know what is it about you know animals that people say, you know what I don't even want to be a part of this at all, But would take you know, a murderer who murdered a child, or you know, did something really really bad to human being?
Speaker 8: What are your thoughts on?
Speaker 4: Oh, there's somebody from Peter right now got their head in the head, dying to answer this question. I mean, is it the same notion animal life be I mean sometimes it seems like animal life is valued more than human life, But is it the same?
Speaker 2: Should be looked at the same.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I'm scared to answer because Peter may Peter may come give me.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just I just think it's interesting.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 9: The defense attorneys are quick, you know to uh. You know again, if we look at any case at any time, you really don't struggle with finding defense attorneys. So that that's what I want to ask you. Should should they dj Amy.
Speaker 8: Let's put it on you. Should animals be valued more?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think you're a sick individual if you kill an animal for no reason, if you just going out here and snapping dogs and cats neck, Yes, it should be the same. I have a dog, and I do know in Jersey they take those lost seriously when it comes to animals, and they will lock you up in a minute, even if you don't continue your animal well enough. So, yes, when it comes to people killing animals for no reason, Now, if it's self defense, then we can have a conversation. But if you just cutting off dogs limbs and snapping animals next for no apparent reason, you're a sick of What.
Speaker 2: If it's for food?
Speaker 4: Because my question is, what's the difference between dogs and other animals, for example, the chickens, the turkeys, the cows. Is it okay to kill animals that we eat because they get mutilated too. I used to have to chase chickens with my grandma and catch them chickens and grab them by the neck and then throw them around our head like Petie Pablo whipping his T shirt, you know what I mean. So what's the difference? Is it just based off the animals we eat? Is it okay to kill them and mutilate it?
Speaker 3: I mean, I really think if it's for food sauce to live, yeah, I think that's different. But if you're just killing it for recreation. But see, but then that's a problem too because sometimes people go out and they shoot bears and they shoot theirs for recreation.
Speaker 4: What if I eat what if I like eating puppy? What I'm serious, I don't even know if there's a law against that. If I go to the pet stall and I buy me a puppy because I like eating puppy, and I bring that puppy home and I kill that puppy and I mutilate that puppy and I stir fry and I eat it, is that against the lost?
Speaker 2: It just sick individual, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: So you're not okay.
Speaker 4: So listen, Peter, Peter, and people that don't eat meat will say you're a sick individual because you do that to other animals. So what's the difference between the puppies and the chickens and the turkeys and the cows and like, what's the difference?
Speaker 8: Because there is no difference, according to Peter, that's.
Speaker 2: All I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: Don't have You don't have a deer as a pet.
Speaker 4: Says, who butt? But the deer ain't bothering nobody. The crocodile ain't bother nobody. If I go out in the backyard and shoot a dead and bring it in the house and bake it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Nobody got a problem with that. But if I do this or if I do that to a.
Speaker 3: Stray dog, nobody eats puppies.
Speaker 2: None of y'all are still explaining to me what's the difference.
Speaker 8: First, they do say people eat puppy, though, just as a point of clarity.
Speaker 2: There are Yeah, dog the delicacy in some places.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 8: It's a delicacy in some places.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, I don't know. I don't know the answer to this. That's my point. I just want to know what's the difference.
Speaker 4: And yes, the dog meat trade is most widespread and China's, South Korea, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia. They say it's well organized, with high numbers of dogs being stolen, the ticket from the screech, transported over long distances.
Speaker 2: And brutally and brutally slaughter.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 2: So yes, in some places, dog is a delicacy, they say, dog meat.
Speaker 4: It is also consumed for ritual and cultural purposes, and approximately twenty African countries.
Speaker 2: So African is a little bit of puppy too, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's going like like, so you know, we can't say that, Like, I just don't know what the difference is between you know, dogs and other animals. I don't, I don't, just I would just like to know what people think is the difference.
Speaker 8: Well, don't you heard them guys tapping in?
Speaker 9: If you if you believe that there should be no difference, and defense attorneys draw the line. You know again, somebody can be murdered and they're willing to jump up and take that case, you know, but then that the line is drawn when it comes to animals.
Speaker 8: That's what really brought my attention to this story.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Shall we move on, Yes, let's talk about low test scores. Now, let's talk us education a little bit.
Speaker 8: Talk to us now, Yeah, I just wanted to make sure people are aware of this.
Speaker 9: And according to test scores released from the National Assessment of Educational Progress, which is the gold standard federal exam, the math and reading performance of thirteen year olds in the United States has hit the lowest level in decades. The last time math performance was this low for thirteen year olds was in nineteen ninety and in reading, the last time it was this low was in two thousand and four. So just wanted to let you know, our children are suffering according to the new test results.
Speaker 3: Now, is that due to the pandemic or is that due to more kids using their tablets and phones for calculators and reading.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they did say that it did fall significantly lower during twenty nineteen and twenty twenty, which was during the coronavirus pandemic, but downward trends have begun years before the health crisis. So they said this has been going lower and lower and lower, you know, over the last decade, and just again additional research. I want to just point out that educators say that there's too much focus on testing. They point out that the content of the exams in many cases have little overlap on the material that's actually taught in the classroom. And then there's also other questions on the students of color and how they perform on standardized testing, and you know.
Speaker 8: There's research with that.
Speaker 9: So one NB, I agree with you the education system has obviously we need a lot of help in that area. But then there's also the separate discussion on should testing be the measure to determine where you know, where our children are.
Speaker 2: No, it shouldn't be all of us can have a bad daytaking the test.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's fact. So all right, well that is front page, you know. Thank you Teslin figure.
Speaker 4: That's right, and make sure make sure you subscribe to Teslin Figuos podcasts a s great shot, no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network and follow test at Teslin figure Out on all social media platforms.
Speaker 3: All right, now, when we come back, let's talk to b E t Awards. Did you watch them last night?
Speaker 2: What did you think?
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. It was a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed tribute to the fiftieth.
Speaker 3: Anniversary of Hip Hop, which was all through the show. Something that I thought was amazing was Offset and Quavered back on stage together performing. I thought that was amazing. It was the Bust Rhymes tribute. There was a lot going on. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: What did you think? It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody at cej Envy charlamagnea god, we are the Breakfast Club. And the last night was the b ET Awards. I'm out here in LA I was hosting the Red Carpet, the pre and the post show. There was a lot going on last night. If you watched the awards show, kick Apri was pretty much the host. He curated the whole, uh, pretty much the music part of it. And you know, he did a great job. He brought out the West Coast. He had one on g E forty. He brought out the South. I've seen g Z, I seen TI. They even did a little dance thing with unkwalk it out, laughing taffy.
Speaker 4: They swag, sir, And I just want y'all to know, as a proud Southern man, all the South music is aged better than a lot of the other music from other regions.
Speaker 2: I just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 3: Jo Rol performed for New York Shout the Styles.
Speaker 4: P He performed Salutajo. Jo Ruth's music has aged very well. Okay, a lot of the music from from New York doesn't age well, but Job's music aged very well.
Speaker 3: Jo Josh sounded great.
Speaker 4: And you know why, wow, Because so much of the music from New York is so goddamn violent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's so freaking aggressive. I'm too old for that now my back hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got a salute a Quavo and Offset that performed together the first time after publicly feud and they got back together and did it for Takeoff.
Speaker 2: Loved it, which is beautiful. Loved it also Coco Jones killed it. She performed.
Speaker 3: Who else did I see Buster Rahim's tribute? He brought out Coyler Ray, he brought out b he brought out Mop and he also brought out Remy Ma. He had an amazing show last night.
Speaker 4: The only thing I wish the BET Awards would have done was just have made it all about the fifty years of hip hop, which they did, but they should have had pretty much was they should have had nothing but hip hop artists. It should have been somebody from hip hop culture who was the host, Like, you know, even know Bussy was getting presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award, he could have hosted as well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing I wish they would have done, because you know, hip.
Speaker 4: Hop has been so dominant of as a genre all of these years, and this year has definitely been the era of women in hip hop.
Speaker 2: So I just think that the whole thing should have been about fifty years of hip hop.
Speaker 4: I mean literally the whole show, from top to bottom, that's what it should have been.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe they'll do that for the Hip Hop Awards. Maybe that's what they'll do for that one. But I thought the show. The show was great, and we want to take your calls. Eight hundred and five eight five one.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 12: Hi everyone, Good morning, Breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is Laurence.
Speaker 13: La.
Speaker 3: What did you think about the BET.
Speaker 2: Awards last night?
Speaker 7: I thought it was good.
Speaker 12: I've seen it all the way through. It had us good moments and bad moments, but the major moments that I liked was busted around the speech when he said stop petty beast in.
Speaker 10: The music industry.
Speaker 12: But I also believe it can be brought in and to the Black community in general. If we all work together, we can all create great things. And I also believe everyone has different opinions, but we should always respect people's opinions, even if it's different from us. We need to work together at a Black community and if we learned that, we can achieve so much. It's all petty d's in our community. And I just don't like seeing my community fell in any way.
Speaker 4: I agree, and we don't got to like each other, but we don't have to hurt each other, you know what I mean, just stay out of each other way.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this listen Dan?
Speaker 18: How you doing today?
Speaker 2: What did you think of the BT Awards?
Speaker 18: I thought of the BP Awards When the songs came, it took me back to my high school dad.
Speaker 7: So I was happy with that.
Speaker 15: And also I was so happy with Buster Ron forgetting his award too, because Buster was always.
Speaker 13: There at the wars and I mean he was there from the beginning.
Speaker 14: And I want to give a big shout out to the DJ last night kid to.
Speaker 13: Pri So I really enjoyed that BP Awards, So big shout out to King Prix.
Speaker 3: I spoke to Kick Caprix after and he had to curate that whole show. He had to make sure every verse was there. So if you if you really listen, you know it goes from intro, then it goes to Busters verse and then go Mike, go to Ramys versus. He had to have all that ready and live so he couldn't mess up one point. So salute to a kicker prefecurating that whole thing. Hello, who's this this?
Speaker 13: Al?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 2: What do you think of BET Awards last night? Brother?
Speaker 15: Man, I thought it was a little ghetto.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty of it though.
Speaker 15: Yeah, But man, we're supposed to be doing more for the culture.
Speaker 7: Man, you know you got all these it's just changed up.
Speaker 15: Man, it's a different theme now.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 15: They don't look too good for the culture no more. It looks like it's going down now.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 15: I thought that I thought the BT Awards was supposed to be like the more classy event, and the Hip Hop Awards is gonna be like the you know, the street event, the hood event or whatever. But it looked like it's all coming to the same thing.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 2: I just think I do agree.
Speaker 4: There's certain things that I see people do at the BET Awards that I know they wouldn't do it no other award show. Like Lotto wouldn't take her shoes off and run on stage at the Grammys.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I don't think. I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think Tianna Taylor's mom sleut to Nikki Love. I don't think she would FaceTime Tanna Taylor.
Speaker 13: You know, nobody.
Speaker 2: Accepting award at any other award show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say this, I was surprised being on that red carpet because you know, I usually do the red carpets and BT Awards. Usually everybody gets dressed like they get there with a tuxedo. That's why if you look at you know, I had, I had a suit on.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I had, you know, shout the boosy boozy had on shorts.
Speaker 2: A lot of people had on shorts and T shirt.
Speaker 4: But isn't that the beauty of the BET Award though? Isn't the beauty of it that even though it may look ghetto, we understand while Lotto was taking her heels off, she ain't want to walk up to that stage with them hills on.
Speaker 2: We know her feet hurt. We know why, we know why, we know why. No, she took it off.
Speaker 4: She was no.
Speaker 3: I think she was fixing her shoe when they got called and she couldn't get it back on, so she just took it off. The run off and Na Taylor was I think that was a Google phone thing because I've seen a couple of being members because if you really look, they said this portion of.
Speaker 2: The show was brought you by Google.
Speaker 3: Was an ad? Yes, I think it was kind of one of those ads. So I think that was ad.
Speaker 4: See And that's that's good to know because people will be like, oh, that was that was that was ghetto or her to do on stage and that was you know, on professional You should have just accepted the ward and kept it.
Speaker 2: Moving, but it was. It probably was an act. It probably was. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: But usually the BT Awards, everybody you know, suited and booted, and then the BT Hip Hop Awards, you know, people where whatever they want.
Speaker 2: That's usually how it goes.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 4: To me, it's just like the BT Awards is just like a big family reunion and we know us, we know us, we understand us, you know. So it's like certain things I see, I'm like, Okay, they wouldn't do that at no other award show.
Speaker 2: But isn't that kind of like the beauty of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, let's open up the phone line, talk to you some more. Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. Did you see the BT Awards last night? Let's talk about it. It's the Breakfast Club on BT.
Speaker 6: It's topic.
Speaker 17: Time called eight hundred five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Talk about it, see Envy, charlamagnea god. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, we're talking to b E T Awards last night. Did you see it? What did you think? There was a lot to talk about, man, I mean, of course we mentioned Buster Rahms already, but we had some of the greats like Big Daddy Kane performed, uh d Nice performed. I'm trying to think who else go on that stage last night?
Speaker 4: It was so many MC light performs like Fat Joe jar Rue, Franchise Boys, uh Trelville, the brothers that sing swag surfing.
Speaker 6: Whoel was crime Mob?
Speaker 2: I ain't see crime Mob with enough. If you buck?
Speaker 3: Domond was there, she didn't, Doug.
Speaker 2: If you buck, I remember hearing nothing if you buck on that stage.
Speaker 3: I think they didn't on the pre stage. On the pre show, I should not think she performed. Yeah, she performed. I did see dominant. But let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this Hey, mama? What did you think of the BET Awards last night?
Speaker 14: I thought that for one, I'm from Miami, so Uncle Luke performance was a one for me and Buster runs always a strong black leader in the hip hop community and in community.
Speaker 7: To not listen to this man would be criminal.
Speaker 14: So his speech was by far the most excellent thing I've heard in.
Speaker 7: A long time.
Speaker 2: Slew the bus or bus?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Mama. Yan Yang Twins perform too.
Speaker 2: I forgot about the Yan Yan twins came up. They performed. Wait, I did not see the Ying Yang twin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they definitely performed, So they're both throws. Some how many perform I seen them on a red coffe I'm not sure if they performed.
Speaker 2: I didn't see boring thugs either. All right, hello, who's this.
Speaker 19: This?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 2: What do you think of the BET Awards last night?
Speaker 14: I three?
Speaker 20: It was crazy that I was talking about it because I didn't have to leave a singer in years, Like I watched it when I was like thirteen. I'm thirty now and I didn't figure what's up to that rest watch because I mean, DT is like Whitewash now, so it's not really that the Taylor you know, we pretty much know who look what there was? Nobody really talents whatever.
Speaker 6: It was, So.
Speaker 7: I love views book.
Speaker 20: I love hip hop, but yeah, I don't like that. You know, Griffin's rand the mainstream thing that's changed so much, it's.
Speaker 4: Not fam No, well that's what hip hop is now, baby, hip hop is ipop has been mainstream for about thirty years.
Speaker 20: Now, I mean mainstream, yes, But I knew like the whole vibe that hip hop changed when I was born, that hip hop book Want made sense, the music made sense, the songs had metal. The song yes, they didn't watch I'll.
Speaker 4: Be forty five on Thursday. I don't know why we keep telling that lie like it was there was. There was definitely some balance, but it's probably the same balance that exists now.
Speaker 2: Balance, yes, like why do we lie like that? Why do we lie act like we were so much better and then eighteen hundreds, No, we weren't.
Speaker 3: Just the same. We had Onyx, we had mom Deep, we had Nori, we.
Speaker 4: Had By the way, last night, last night last night proves that, yes, because when Trick, Daddy and Trina come out and do that, that sound just as raunchy, if not more than anything that's out now. So what are we talking about? Uncle Luke came out there and this put your hands up your ass, and I put that.
Speaker 6: To the plow.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He's screaming for oral sex.
Speaker 4: I mean not in the clean version, of course, but you know what I mean, of course, Like stop, Like why do we we were so much better than nineteen hundred, knock it all, we weren't.
Speaker 3: Let's go to another caller. Hello, who's this yo omar whatever?
Speaker 2: We're talking to?
Speaker 3: BT Awards last night? Did you see it? What you think?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 10: It was dope, man, hell I can't see it, man.
Speaker 15: But money is still aching, man from all that dance.
Speaker 2: When I did, especially Luke, come on show, Come on.
Speaker 7: Man, I can't do it like man, But hell I did it man.
Speaker 4: But you know the reason I can still do it is the reason I can still do it because I practice and I listened to I listened to Luke on a constant basis. I love that era. I love the crunk era, and I love that that uh that that booty that booty shake era.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. I love that era.
Speaker 4: The man when six nine boys came out there to the left, to the left, to the right, to the right, to the front, right front, to the back, to the bat.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I was in the bedroom by myself looking at the door at the same time to make sure none of my daughters and my wife came in there and saw my stupid ass getting it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And my wife would know.
Speaker 4: Like if I if my wife butcheting the room and I jumped back and play on the couch, she'd be like, you'n't here danning to that, damn luke.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's why you're forehead sweating.
Speaker 7: Let me yo, give me.
Speaker 10: I would give a real, real quick shout out to my daughter her birthday. But Dad, he loved you.
Speaker 7: She turned it sick.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a beautiful thing. You got a you got a young little cancer at the house.
Speaker 5: I got.
Speaker 2: I got one of those two.
Speaker 10: I thank everybody I heard my story and donated last week too.
Speaker 13: Man, I appreciate that. I still love Blond Brother you the blond brother man.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, appreciate you brother Ye, thank you Ivy.
Speaker 13: I would love to meet you one day too.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 10: I'm a big Giants fan.
Speaker 2: I got my white teams, Freddy Brother, Dominican, you Dominican.
Speaker 13: I'm Puerto Rican and black.
Speaker 7: We do all of the Marine gay shop, all.
Speaker 4: That Puerto Rican and Dominicans both love to wear white jeans with blue New York Giants jersey.
Speaker 3: It was shut up, thank you, brother, And what's the more of the story, if there's a moral.
Speaker 2: More the stories?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: I think BT does a great job, you know what I'm saying. Of course, we can always, you know, pick apart, you know, things that we didn't like. But I overall, we never forget how BT Award shows make us feel.
Speaker 2: And I walked away feeling good. I felt great.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a beautiful thing to see the old g's in the news school come together. And never in the history of hip hop have we had that. The gap has never been bridged the way it is is right now between the older generation and the new generation. And I think that, you know, we both can learn from each other, because one thing I would love to see these new artists learn from the older artists is showmanship. I love seeing Cayler Ray come out there with her dancers and she's actually putting on a show, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, kills it.
Speaker 3: She killed it too.
Speaker 2: I like, I love those performers.
Speaker 4: I even like when Scarlets came out there and started wild, even though she was getting everybody.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It still was like the energy was high and she was bouncing on the stage like that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that, like like I like the showmanship of it all.
Speaker 4: So that's what I would love the new artist to learn from the O G showmanship absolutely all.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, we got your room report. We gotta discuss something else that people are talking about that happened at the.
Speaker 2: BET Awards with JT and Little Uzziebert. We'll get to that as well.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club on b E T burning everybody. You see j n V Charlamagne the guy, we are the Breakfast Club. Yes, and I got a salute Jessilarius. I seen you, Jess Laris on the red carpet as well.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was down there at the BT Wards. She was in the media room and then she bum rushed my red carpet and was hanging with me for a little bit and shout to Jesse hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was doing her Carefully Reckless podcast live from the media room at the BT Awards. You know, you can subscribe to the Carefully Reckless podcast hosted by Jess Hilarious on the Black Effect iHeart radio podcast network just was getting it in, just was.
Speaker 2: Raising hell all last week, wasn't she all week? All week? Yeah?
Speaker 5: She was?
Speaker 3: She coming back I think the end of this week and next week, just just like, look, I'm coming back. I'm not I don't need to invite. I'm pulling up, and I'm like, you are, you can pull up anytime you want.
Speaker 2: Jess, Well, yes, that is very true.
Speaker 4: We love seeing Jess, but you know, we got some other people that we're gonna be rotating over over for the over the rest of the summer. Right, did you clear that with Jess? With Jess, I mean just gonna pull up regardless. You know what I'm saying, She's gonna pull up whether we want to or not. You know, are you feeling about it? Are you feeling about still rotating the guest host?
Speaker 2: You over it yet? Yes? Me too, my brother. Yeah, I thought it was just me.
Speaker 3: I think it's time to, you know, to figure out what we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do, what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: I want some stability, you know what I'm saying. I'm ready for some stability. I don't I like I like likeing my Polisanto all the time, but I don't want to have to keep clearing out different energies.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You know, I know the energies that I'm dealing with. Right, you have an idea who you wanted to be? Uh, dull.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of them, but dull one stands out dull, really, I think.
Speaker 4: So, I haven't thought about it yet, Really I haven't. We need to have a conversation about that. We need to have a conversation. I haven't thought about that yet. And listen, salute to everybody who was in Charleston, South Carolina over the weekend. Man, we officially opened the International African American Museum. The grand opening to the public is actually tomorrow, but over the weekend we had you know a lot of different celebratory events, you know, Gallas and you know, I hosted an event and at Marion Square and Charleston, South Carolina. So I'm telling everybody, man, you need to go get your tickets to the International African American Museum. I can't wait to do a whole bunch of field trips to the International African American Museum. I can't wait to do a whole bunch of events at the International African American Museum.
Speaker 3: We're supposed to broadcast there that Remember we said we were going to broadcast there.
Speaker 4: It's opening tomorrow. We still will, like, you know, yeah, it's opening tomorrow. We definitely still will. You know. I feel like everybody, you know, if you if you shake your family treats from South Carolina, gonna fall out. I know what I'm saying because if you know anything about Gatchin's Wharf, I think the number is like forty eight points something percent of all enslaved Africans came through Gatchin's Wharf, you know, So that's damned half. So you know, at some point in time, your family history might have probably started in South Carolina, so especially right there in Charleston, my birthplace. So salute everybody into a four three man everybody.
Speaker 2: I saw this. We had an amazing time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told I told myself, I want to broadcast from there. I also want to broadcast from an HBCU or two during school season this year, just to you know what, a lot of students to come up and see what we do learn and maybe it's a rout that they want.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you said that, because you know we do the Thriller Possibility Summit with the Black Effect, And we did it last year in Nashville, Sleuth to Nashville, White Atlanta and you know, we bought fifty HBCU students to Nashville and we had a weekend of programming and you know, different things like that.
Speaker 2: So you should be a part of that this year.
Speaker 4: We're doing it again this year and I would like to do it, and I would like to do it at the International African American Museum in Choston. I got to clear out with my boss, Dollary Bishop though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember last year I did. I went to a couple of hbcu us, but I would love to do a couple of them. Just pull up on the hbc you know, kick it with the students and let them see what we do.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Come in South Carolina State University. They'd love to have you. We could do it. Yeah, didn't somebody steal your car something down there? What happened?
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 2: When we come back. That event for free.
Speaker 3: We might get it back for you, baby, Maybe maybe get it back when we come back. We got your room report. We gotta talk Jim Jones versus Push Your T. I didn't see this coming, but it's here and we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club on morning Wanting.
Speaker 6: Everybody's j n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk. Jim Jones, call out.
Speaker 6: A name or you gossip been when you chatting? This is the rumor report.
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 2: Right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Well coppo.
Speaker 3: Jim Jones was uh doing a press run a couple of months ago and people asking him about, you know, hip hop fifty who should be on the fifty Best MC's list, and Jim Jones talked about pushing T shouldn't be on the list. And even when he came on the Breakfast Club, he had this to say.
Speaker 6: Can you sing along the five Push your T records right now?
Speaker 2: His records? Yes, name Push Nostalgia Push your T.
Speaker 21: Fans said, I didn't know you had fans like that. Can you name five Push your T records?
Speaker 2: His records?
Speaker 6: But can you know?
Speaker 21: But can you wrap to five Push?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 6: I can't wrap five?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 21: I'm just gonna say that because I don't want.
Speaker 2: To get it.
Speaker 21: Because if Jim wait, wait well and shot to push your te I love your soul, my dog.
Speaker 2: You not in my top fifty.
Speaker 21: You might be in Charlemagne's top fifty and things like that, but top you haven't done that much for me in my life.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't never want to be like pushing, I didn't. I never had to push the moment in my life.
Speaker 4: Not only is push your top fifty, push your could I think pushing might be top twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pushing pushes up there.
Speaker 3: I can't wrap a full push a record top to bottom, but I can't wrap a bunch of my favorite mcs topped the bottom.
Speaker 2: Not at this point in my life. No, back in the day, it would be I G and whole.
Speaker 3: Outside of that, I can't name five top to bottom five records.
Speaker 4: No, I'm forgetting big and hope at this point, like you know certain words, you know you want some song?
Speaker 2: Come on, I can do the cadence you know Pusher.
Speaker 3: Pusher was walking in the Louis Baton Show of Course, curated by Pharrell, and while he was walking, this song was playing and it people are saying he took shots at Jim Jones.
Speaker 2: I will close your heaven for the hell of it, Jesus Chris.
Speaker 4: He said, you're chasing a feature that's out of your element, talking about the Drake feature, because that's the narrative, right The narrative is that Jim is coming at push It because he wants a feature with Drake.
Speaker 2: That's at least the internets narrative right now.
Speaker 3: Well, Jim Jones responded and he did a full record rapping over the same beat. I don't even know how Jim got this beat because I don't even think the song is out.
Speaker 4: I don't think he was rapping on the same beat. Yeah, he said, Kanye gave you whips, but that's what you do to the slave. Let me tell you something I liked. I liked Jim's response. But here's the thing. I don't think that's enough. I think, if you're gonna shoot that Pusher, you just got to go ahead and drop the nuke like you can't. You can't, you can't just shoot like you just got to go ahead and drop the nuke now, because that's what Pushing gonna do. If if Pusher replies, and if if we're we're looking at the way Pushy has replied before he's gonna reply he's gonna push your gonna drop a nuke off top.
Speaker 2: So I like what Jim did?
Speaker 4: I just don't know if if, if that's enough, If you're going to engage, you gotta like go go. You can't fire any warning shots. And he went, I like, what Jim did, You gotta you gotta go for the head. I don't know if he went for the.
Speaker 2: Head not yet.
Speaker 4: But but but when you say not yet with push you, you can't say not yet. With push you, you either aim for the head. It don't do nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And push your t was up here one time saying that he has about I guess he said he has an arsenal the records is ready to launch. We have that audio, we have that clip we talked about that arsenal records that he has rather to launch.
Speaker 4: I saw that circulating on on on the websites, on the blogs this weekend. People were posting that clips too, and it disgusts me that everybody else was reposting it. But we don't have it for our own damn show. But go ahead continue.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody's in la I don't even think too many people up there is anybody in the studio.
Speaker 2: But you went red uh Eddie s here you read Eddie. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I just hope that that battle stays within lyrics. Why wouldn't it Because Jim Jones is crazy?
Speaker 2: Put the truth because Cato was crazy. That's just rap man.
Speaker 4: Don't put that on Jim Man. I think Jim is having fun. I think it's for the sport. I think you know, he did the video, he shot it, you know, in Harlem somewhere, and I think think he just having fun with the sport.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's not act like that's the other thing. I don't like that narrative either.
Speaker 4: I've been telling y'all for the longest Jim has been putting out some of the best music, are the best music coming from New York City for a while, Like Jim gets busy, I agree, you know. So I just think he having fun with the sport, that's all. But every once in a while, I think Jim is is a a a drink away from going back to old gym. So let's just let's keep around damn.
Speaker 3: Drinking like that. Now, I'm not saying he drinking at all. Jim is very healthy, but I don't want him to get back to old gym. That's what I'm saying. All I know is I just can't wait to see what happens next.
Speaker 4: But I like what Jim did. I just don't know if it was enough. And I don't know if that's the I don't know if you wanted the tap pusher. I don't think pushing somebody, you tap pushing somebody, You just drop. You gotta drop the bomb on him, and you know, see what happens, all right, because.
Speaker 2: That's what going do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And lastly, we gotta talk JT and little Uzi Vert. It seems like they got into an argument at the next one. Well, we're gonna be talking about that in a little bit. We're gonna open up the phone lines and discuss that. Eight hundred and five A five one five. We're gonna be talking about arguments you got into in the public. So we'll get to that next. But we got Dunky today coming up. We're were talking about man for after the hour. We need ocean Gate Expeditions. You know who ocean Gate Expeditions is by now, we need them to come to the front of Congress.
Speaker 2: Would we like to have a word with them?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get into that next. Don't move, it's the breakfast club. Good morning day, Damn but he Hogg.
Speaker 2: It's time for donkey. I'm ain't trying to beat donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days. They called Donkey of the day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 16: Damn Schala, man, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 4: Well, just hilarious Donkey of today from Monday, June twenty sixth, all the cancers out there, dropping the clues bonds for.
Speaker 2: All the cancer. My born day is in three days, man.
Speaker 4: But yes, Donkey of today is going to ocean Gate Expeditions. You know who ocean Gate Expeditions are by now right. They are the company behind the Titanic Expedition. You know, the expedition where you can get in the submersible and go down and see the records of the Titanic, which, by the way, I don't care how much money I got. I don't need those kind of thrills. Okay, I'm good. I can see the records of the Titanic on Google Earth. I'm also not the kind of person that wants to stop and watch car wrecks. All right, You know how you see an accident on the side of the road and everybody stops and watches day driving by. That's not me, Okay, I'm lying. We all stopped the watch car accidents, Okay, But the difference is they are free viewing, and I'm passing by it because of a matter of circumstance, not paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to get in the submersible and dive to the bottom of the ocean to see it. Now, we should all know by now that the five Taurus all died in the titan bound for the Titanic record site. Resting peace to those individuals. But do you know why this search and rescue mission was happening? Ocean Gate Expeditions listed a job posting for a submersible pilot on its website. I said, as this search and rescue mission was happening, ocean Gate Expeditions listed a job posting for a submersible pilot on this website.
Speaker 2: You can't make this kind of stuff up.
Speaker 4: They posted an ad that said in search of a submersible pilot marine technician who can help manage and operate our fleet of manned submersibles and support vessels. We are looking for committed and competent individuals with a combination of strong mechanical and interpersonal skills who can work on sensitive marine equipment, perform regular maintenance, and operate complex systems to support dive operations. Ocean Gate Expeditions, you forgot one very important requirement for this job. Somewhere in between looking for committed and competent individuals and strong mechanical interpersonal skills, you gotta slip in. Must be willing to die, all right. See a lot of folks complain about being worked to death. Ocean Gate Expeditions wants you to actually work to die, and the irony is this is the perfect example of why we should never work ourselves to death at our jobs, because they will replace you before they can close your casket.
Speaker 2: In this case, they already assumed these folks was dead.
Speaker 13: They knew they.
Speaker 4: Hadn't even been found yet, and they already had ads ready to go for the job. They posted a job listing for a job that is about to be vacant because someone is about to lose their life, and sensitive is an understatement. That's like sitting at your partner's deathbed well and planning a date on tender at the same time. Okay, and I'm not the highest grade of weed in the dispensary, No, I am out a strong as avenger. But after what happens, I highly doubt that anybody is going to be jumping at this job opportunity. The idea of working at Ocean Gate Expeditions, being a pilot on this submersible that's dead in the water, Okay, literally and figuratively. Those five bodies, those five souls that are no longer with us, should be enough to shut the whole program down.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 4: Not only will nobody want to work there, okay, there should be nothing to work at all?
Speaker 2: Right, who is going to continue to go on these expeditions after this?
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something, man, if you this rich to where you are still willing to take this chance, then those rich folks know something about the afterlife or reincarnation that we don't know because it ain't nowhere. Okay, what type of pay, what type of benefits would make me want to be a submersible pilot slash marine technician after what we just witnessed, And let's be honest, do you really think you have the experience? Do you really believe you have what it takes. One of the job requirements for this job right now. Number one, you probably gotta be white, because don't nobody take risk and thrill seek like white people. You have to be into white adventures, Okay. White boying is a real thing, and y'all, and yes i'm generalizing, y'all the only people I can see still taking this kind of risk. So we've established the main job requirement. You gotta be white, all right.
Speaker 2: So the next one would probably be you have to have three to five.
Speaker 4: Years work experiences aquaman Okay, if you've got some experiences and nay more, we'll take that too, because being able to breathe underwater clearly is a requirement for.
Speaker 2: This job, all right.
Speaker 4: And you must have amazing people skills, well not actually people skills, maybe fish and crabs, okay, because you got to have a great relationship with Nemo and Ariel and Sebastian, because that's what you're gonna be down there talking to. Okay, I'm just trying to figure out how did a survivor search turn into a job search? And do you know they put I'm not making this up. They put must have a valid driver's license as one of the requirements.
Speaker 2: I am not making this up. This is all actual and factual. I just got back.
Speaker 4: Okay, my brain ain't even working enough to make up stuff like this. They said you have to have a valid driver's license in order to have this job. I need a valid driver's license to ultimately implode in a submersible. Please let Riby MA give ocean Gate Expeditions the biggest he hull.
Speaker 1: Hee ha he ha, you stupid mother?
Speaker 2: Are you dumb?
Speaker 4: I'm also starting to realize that having a valid driver's license is just the default for everything in this country. What you mean you gotta have a valid driver's license for everything, even for things you don't need to have a driver's license for. What do I need a valid driver's license for it to be a pilot of a submersible? That makes no logical sense.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, that's stupid. All right?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for that. Donkey of the day. Bet will see you guys tomorrow. Peace piece, Bet everybody else, let's open up the phone.
Speaker 2: He's in job last night at the awards to BT.
Speaker 4: Just want to say that, but I saw not one breakfast club promo are commercial during the during the award show.
Speaker 3: Just want to throw that out there as well. Figured they would have one.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't see you.
Speaker 6: One show on.
Speaker 4: Don't try to rush the credits now and turn us off to put on a Tyler Perry show either, BT. I know what y'all doing right now? Okay, all right, well let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five A five one five one.
Speaker 3: So after BT Awards last night, JT and Little Oozy got into a uh seems like they got into an argument. She allegedly threw her phone at him and she ran out of there and he chased her. They got into a public argument. So we're asking, what's the worst public flight fight you got into it with your partner? Eight hundred five A five one five one Again, what's the worst public fight you and your partner had out? And about now, one of our producers said that they got into a fight outside of an I hop, that he got slapped in front of an eye hop.
Speaker 4: And that producer is also four hundred pounds, so dropping the clues, momb for his girlfriend.
Speaker 6: She said, enough enough.
Speaker 2: Already, no more, that's over. I'm not mad at us for that.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. We're talking the worst public fight. Let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: It's topic time called eight hundred five A five one five one to join it to the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Mourning everybody, you'r dej envy, CHARLAMAGNEA god, we are the Breakfast Club now if you're just joining us. This topic comes from JT.
Speaker 2: And Little Oozy.
Speaker 3: They allegedly got into an argument where she threw her phone at him and then she ran out the awards and he chased her. And we're asking about public fights. The worst public fight you got into with you and your spouse eight hundred five A five one five one, Charlamagne, you and your wife got into a public spat.
Speaker 4: Never, me and my wife have never ever gotten into a public spat, not that I can remember now. Mind you, we've been together twenty five years. But that ain't even our style. That's definitely not her style, and that's definitely, you know, not my style. So yeah, nah, I've never been in no public spat either.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean, my wife never got into it in the public. If if there is a problem situation, we just hold it down until we get home, and then when we get home we discuss and handle what we got to handle at home. But we never get into a public spat or in front of anybody anything like that. We'll hold our composure to we get back to the crib and then we'll discuss what we need to discuss.
Speaker 22: Word.
Speaker 3: But like you said, we've been together so long, I don't know if there was something early on, early on, I don't remember, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't recall that. But that's not either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not even that's not my demeanor, that's not her demeanor, you know. So that's not even how we get down now, you know, I think that you know, it either has to be an extreme circumstance for something like that to happen. Are you dealing with, you know, extreme personalities that you know, while I like that in public regardless, you know what I mean, I've never I've never, that's never been us.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the phone line, said Loo, who's this Hey, Raymond, good morning. We're talking about a public spat between you and your spouse. You got one for us, Yeah, got.
Speaker 18: A couple, but I guess the worst one. Like, we went too far. You don't you don't get somebody involved with your kids that don't have nothing to do with that. So we got into an argument. We're talking to other females and take my kids and get in the car and drive up with them. I'm not like, I'm a mom. You don't play with my kids like that. That's that's fighting words right there. So you know, we're down to a little fight, and it's not really bad because we got a weapon. We don't have fights before us and I can handle my own. But got there when you got a weapon, I'm being the.
Speaker 3: Weapon he pull on you.
Speaker 18: He pulled a gun.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ hopefully left. You left up to that point, or you called the police, you got right.
Speaker 18: I absolutely left. That was the last time we dated anything. I went into hiding for a little was he was trying to track me down, but.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I definitely left that all right.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you mama for sharing your story.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this Hello?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 22: My name Anthony Davis, Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: We're talking about some public fight you got into a public spat that you got into with your spouse.
Speaker 19: Talk to us, all right, So this one time me and my Woma were going to the gas station and then we had some words back and forth over some patty owt. I can't really recall what it was, but anyway, so we.
Speaker 22: Get to talk touse inside the car.
Speaker 7: You know, we swing at each other here and there, and then I get out the car like.
Speaker 13: I'm about to get some gas.
Speaker 7: Usually actually crazy.
Speaker 22: So I go to the gas station, get mad and come into gas. They say we started fighting for the clerk and the customers that's in the gas station. The clerk like, oh, y'all need to get out. I'm called the police and I ran out and she picked me up down the street from the gas station, and we started laughing about what happened in the gas station.
Speaker 7: Y'all.
Speaker 2: That's that toxic love that y'all find attractive.
Speaker 22: Huh Hey, we're talk time for it.
Speaker 2: But the love that's good. I'm glad y'all grew out of that. Absolutely.
Speaker 13: Hello.
Speaker 7: Who's this this there? He is from Detroited.
Speaker 3: Hey what's up, bro? We're talking about you and your spouse. Get into a public spot and talk to us about.
Speaker 7: It what I've done. So yeah, man, this was uh about ten years ago. Me and an ex girlfriend. We arguing and uh, God, come around the block say something to me. I know what he said. I'm in the middle of arguing with her. He spends back around the block. Then I noticed somebody as the same car again. He pull us up, saying something else. So now to pay attention to him, I'm like, what is he talking about? In an open area. I'm like, I'm just I'm, you know, arguing with my you know, my girl, but why is this your business? And all of a sudden, you know, I position myself because I'm like, I'm kind of out in the open, so I kind of positioned myself to where I'm not so open, and all of a sudden, I just see a flash of light and that's I realized he was shooting at me. I was shooting at hell.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 7: It was pretty crazy. So you know, that's that's how I go down to detrait of a light skinned girls. I guess I don't know, but every man, I just want to tell y'all though, too, man, I love this show.
Speaker 2: Now you ain't gonna just go talk to Envy after saying something like that, shot.
Speaker 7: Away, shot away. Yo, Honestly, I can't believe he's talking to your brothers. Man. I love your brothers, man. We love what you're doing for the culture. Absolutely, we love you too.
Speaker 2: But you mean we're talking about public spats.
Speaker 4: Were talking about throwing a phone at Uzy, You're talking to us about gunshots and light skinned girl?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 7: It got kind of crazy to get kind of crazy to detrayed from time to time. You know what I'm saying, east side from the east side, You know what I'm saying, seven mile, It get kind of wild. Like I said, I was just arguing with my girl. My man came around the block saying something. He came back and he spun the block, and I guess you feel like, no, he's gonna make me stop arguing with my girl. And yeah, you want to shoot at me?
Speaker 2: What does complexion have to do with this?
Speaker 7: Oh? You know how were acting? Over life? Skined girls don't how to handle themselves sometimes. I don't know, it's just some of the air with him. I don't get it. Don't get it.
Speaker 2: That is not true, sir. You know I am a stern believer in the black of the barrier, the sweet of the juice.
Speaker 7: Of absolutely some people don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've always liked darkskinned women.
Speaker 4: I don't know what complexion has to do with your ass being crazy enough to be shooting at somebody over any woman of any complexion.
Speaker 7: I don't know why there was my woman. I don't understand why you want to shoot at me over my woman. I don't I don't get it.
Speaker 2: What does have number?
Speaker 5: Will?
Speaker 2: Well, he was probably trying to paint the picture.
Speaker 3: But I will say this, he probably seen you argue and it was trying to stop you because he thought was you was doing something to her.
Speaker 2: He's probably it was me.
Speaker 7: Actually it was my cousin and his wife was with me too. And when he came back around the block, my cousin was walking across the street and he almost hit him. That's what made me notice that my man came back around the block again. So I'm like, what's going on with this dude? And he started shooting at me. You know what I'm saying. So I really want while I.
Speaker 2: Want better for you, my brother, I am praying for you.
Speaker 7: No I know, Listen, listen, I've been married. Yesterday was my one year. Yesterday was my one year marriage anniversary to my beautiful wife. When they give a shout out to her and Sherry, my beautiful wife, the lover. You know, we've been together. We've been together for eight years, married for one I love that woman, and I mean, I can't explain you how much I love that girl.
Speaker 4: All right, my brother, Jesus, that was the craziest story. What the hell did complexion have to do with him getting shot at? I ain't never heard that ever in my life. Eight hundreds nigga.
Speaker 3: No, we're talking JT and Little Uzzi vert JT through a phone at Little Uzzi during the b ET Awards. She ran out. Obviously they got into an argument. So we're talking about a public spat between you and your spouse. Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: It's topic time.
Speaker 17: Called eight hundred and five five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Talk about it more.
Speaker 3: Everybody's the j n V. Charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about.
Speaker 2: J T and Little Oozy.
Speaker 3: They allegedly got into a little altercation at the Beet Awards where she threw her phone at him. She ran out, he chased around. They got into an argument. So we're asking, we're talking about a public argument, a public situation. You got into it with your spouse. Eight hundred five A five one o five one. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 23: Ohio?
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the public spat that you got into it with your spouse.
Speaker 23: Good morning, morn.
Speaker 2: Pea queen, how are you bless? Black and Holly favorite?
Speaker 23: Okay, the argument that I got into. So I was in the car with my baby that I have picked them up from work, and me and cousin was talking and he got married about the conversation and her with time, so she's he threatened to throw my phone out the windows. And we got to the light to get onto the freeways. I might forget this. I got off the car, I took the car apart, and you're at my baby and the car and I was like, I'm gonna just walk, and he was like, okay, you can get.
Speaker 7: In the car back.
Speaker 23: When I just pulled off the west on the part.
Speaker 11: Of the road.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you something, man, y'all got problems. This is crazy. All I'm hearing is violence.
Speaker 13: And life of it.
Speaker 3: Let's go to another phone line.
Speaker 13: Hello, who's this Marie?
Speaker 3: Hey Marie, we're talking about a time where you and your spouse got into a public spat.
Speaker 24: Told my worst public argument was fun. We was in the club and we got into arguments of bought that for my kids back and he threw them in the air so thought they just flew everywhere on the floor. So now my hands and knees and the clubs.
Speaker 15: Searching on my bus.
Speaker 2: Here's my knees with my knees.
Speaker 24: Yeah, so that was my crazy, crazy spy right there.
Speaker 7: But lets that went alone.
Speaker 2: Did you get all your keys that day?
Speaker 18: It's not my bottom keys?
Speaker 7: That was okay?
Speaker 24: And my son just wants to say hello to ya.
Speaker 20: He listened to you.
Speaker 24: How every day he's seven years old, he's excited to say, hello.
Speaker 2: What's up, young king? How are you? How are you brother?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: What you're doing any way to camp?
Speaker 3: You on your way to camp?
Speaker 10: I'm fun.
Speaker 18: No, I'm going to my school.
Speaker 2: Y'all still in school or you're in summer school.
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 24: You know New York tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Oh got you got you got you just try to put your kid in summer school. You see what he tried to do.
Speaker 24: Then, Mama, I know right good, he's going to the third grade.
Speaker 3: He's doing my boy like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I was projecting.
Speaker 4: I went to summer school like three four years in a row man, you know, from about seventh grade. About tenth grade, I was all summer school.
Speaker 24: Okay, oh yeah, let's just say before and this is the topic I was talking about before with the DC and the James One stuff. Let's not let's not hype that up because.
Speaker 23: As Buddy said, we don't want no petty bes and we know where to go when we message.
Speaker 24: With a crew like Jimmy.
Speaker 13: So let's just keep the sets.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's what I said, right, That's exactly what ir.
Speaker 24: Yes, So you can't say you don't you wantbody love each other and you're like, nah, Jimmy gotta come on to know, let's just play it out, play keep it cool.
Speaker 4: You're right, But I was just looking at it from a rap perspective because I think that Jim Jones and pushes tea of both grown ass men who know where not to take it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 23: Suscept that we also do got grown ass man out here that still taking places.
Speaker 3: That's right, you're right, Jim said, push your soul crack to his own brother. A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just don't.
Speaker 20: We're gonna let this gonna die down, hopefully, let's let it go.
Speaker 6: Let's just let it go.
Speaker 2: I don't maybe Jim got in that information.
Speaker 4: I don't know, right know, you're right, Liten, No, No, you're right, you're I mean, you're right that it is wrapped and RAPP historically has gotten so disrespectful that people do take it there. I just can't see them two brothers doing that at this stage in their life. But who knows, Okay, who knows.
Speaker 2: The balls of the story is man, stop all this violence against each other.
Speaker 4: That's all I heard. We said, spat y'all talk about shootouts, you know what I mean? Like we said, spat Jesus our board. I read red goes. I just want y'all know there's nothing but domestic violence on these calls, right, The whole phone lines that are lit up every call is the mestic violence.
Speaker 2: Like dang, all right, we just meant like little arguments like you know, that's it, spat, look up the definition of spat people. All right, well, let's get into the rumors.
Speaker 6: Name or you gossip, you chatting? God, this is the rumor report.
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 6: Spells, right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now, re Read is stepping down the CEO of Savage Fine amid her second rank to see and she appoints a new chief to expand the brand. Now, nearly five years after Rihanna launched her Savage fenty lingerie brand, she is stepping down as chief executive officers Now. She said, it's been beautiful to see our vision for It's been beautiful to see our vision for Savage infenty impact the industry at such an incredible magnitude over the last five years, she told Vote Business.
Speaker 2: And she's just stepping down.
Speaker 3: I mean it makes sense, right, She's about to have another baby, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's just stepping down from the position. She still is the owner of a fenty. She still got her equity in the company. So what's the problem.
Speaker 3: Nothing at all.
Speaker 2: She probably don't want to do the day to day.
Speaker 4: Duties anymore, which makes sense. Yeah, I'm to be honest with you, I'm shocked she was doing in to begin with.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Also, Kodak Black He faces an arrest after allegedly missing a drug test. According to a warrant issue last week, Kodak was required to submit a random drug and alcohol screening schedule for June ninth, and they said he did not show so. Broad County officials said Kodak violated the terms of his pre trial release because.
Speaker 2: He failed to show up for the tests. He's expected to appear in court today. Yeah, why are you playing with them people?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, when you are under those people's supervision and none of those people's watching, you got certain requirements that you have to, you know, fulfill. Just do what you're suposed to do. Like it's really that simple. Like I don't know, why are you playing with those people like that?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: You know that you know they can't wait to lock your black aver up? So why play with them? Factual? That is factual.
Speaker 3: And I just want to say the BT Awards, we spoke about the BT Awards, but we never spoke about the winners. So only six awards were giving out On Sunday night on the telecast a Lotto accepted the Best Female Hip Hop Artists, Coco Jones accepted the Best New Artist in person. Tianna Taylor, her mother, Nikki, accepted her daughter's award, and that was for Video Director of the Year. Now, the fifteen non televised awards, there were two. Beyonce and Scissa tied for Album of the Year.
Speaker 2: Well, the reality is.
Speaker 4: A lot of those awards that weren't televised probably weren't people that were in attendance. Yeah, you know, because I saw. I know, Beyonce won a couple of awards during the television broadcast and she wasn't dead.
Speaker 2: She wasn't dead. No, she's on tour, clearly. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: And Chris, they can't even do a video, your kid, they can't do a video excepting the award.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I thought that would be even like even like a FaceTime like a telecast like kind of like what Tianna Taylor did. Now, Chris Brown and Usher tied for Best Male R and B and Pop Artists as well.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how that works. I don't know, because neither one of them had our music. There was no Ushan Kris ain't put out no musical as year.
Speaker 22: Yes, they did.
Speaker 3: Usher had a number one R and B recording and Brown had a number one R and B record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember either one of those. Lord of the Records.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the name of him. Usher's records actually number one. I think maybe a week ago, two weeks they wont the R and B charts.
Speaker 4: Usha Yep, I don't remember that at all. I just know Usher was killing it at his residency. I don't remember Usher and Chris Brown putting on the music. I know Chris got an album coming up.
Speaker 3: M Well, the best group was Drake and twenty one Savage they won that. A best collaboration was Future in Drake. What else Kendrick Lamar be one best male hip hop artist?
Speaker 2: Everybody you ain't name, nobody that was there yet.
Speaker 3: Video or the year, kill Bill Sissa video Director of the Year of course with Tianna Taylor. And of course best new art that was Coke Jones. Co was there, Coco was there, damn b t Best international act was Berna Boy.
Speaker 2: He wasn't there.
Speaker 4: Brian Boy wasn't there. And see I don't like that though. I remember there was a time, man, all the big artists was at the BET Awards. They was they wouldn't miss it for the world, you know, and I understand that you know some of them on tour and stuff like that, but man, we still got to show up for these celebrations of coaching because no matter how big you get, you know, like, this is still the people that have been supporting you from day one, and it was giving you those platforms when you know, the the Grammys and you know, the American Music Awards or whoever else wasn't you know, so you got you should I think you should still show up for BT Awards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sportswoman of the Year was Angel Reese. Angel wasn't there either I didn't see Angel. I seen fan shape or not Angel. Best Actress was Angela Bassett. The Best Actor Damnson Indriests, Best Movie, Black Panther Wakanda Forever.
Speaker 2: All right, now, I know why they only gave us six wards. Wasn't nobody there? Nobody? Wasn't nobody there?
Speaker 4: Nobody Jesus christ Man. All right, Well, well they should be able to do AI. It should be allowed to do AI soon. Okay, if you can't get the real people there, the AI representative got.
Speaker 2: To show up for him or something. Just make it up what they think they would say. People at home wouldn't know the difference. Jesus Christ. All right, well that is your rumor report.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, we got the People's choice mix it don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is the ej V. CHARLAMAGNEA God, we are the breakfast Clubs. I want to salute to be e T. I'm actually out here in l A. I was doing the pre show, the red carpet and the post show. So salute to everybody at b ET. Shout toron the shout to Kimo Sorio, Shout to Tiffany, Shout to everybody Tasha, tiff Well, what use TI everybody over there, you guys really helped me down, make sure was comfortable and okay. And I just want to say shot to the staff and everybody. I got a chance to kick it, to kick it with. I mean, from master p to Jess Hilarious to Flanche. She spent on the carpet.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think, well, why does she spin on the carpet. That's disrespect she No, she's spit a verse. Oh I want to say that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying you made it sound like she just spin on the car, like why was she want to spit on the carpet?
Speaker 3: Even though what I mean, it's alright when we come back. We got the positive notice the breakfast club. Good morning, where everybody j Charlam and the guy. We are the breakfast club. It's time to get up out of here, Charlam, Man, you got a positive note?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: Man, I want to tell y'all on this fine Monday, man, it's cancer season. My born day is in a few days actually, June twenty ninth hour. It's my Trump year. I'll be forty five. But listen, I just want to tell y'all in life, man, the real glow up isn't physical, even though I look amazing. It happens when you stop settling people, pleasing, and compromising your boundaries.
Speaker 2: The real glow up is when you finally recognize that you're worthy.
Speaker 6: Was caught, bitches, y'all finished
Speaker 2: For y'all done,