Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brook and Jeffrey podcast. And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy. Wait those actually all have super hot men.
Speaker 2: Don't they actually?
Speaker 1: If you're listening from their DM me after this k after you hear the full show. I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 3: If you missed it yesterday on the show, this is about to be a big week for us as we continue. Brook and jeffries you wouldn't dare Summertime Challenge and drew a new name out yesterday. And guess who got picked? I want to guess, too late to know he saw it. It's none other than Brooke fust.
Speaker 2: Day, I got my last pants ready.
Speaker 3: This Friday, She's gonna attempt her summer Dare the drive Through to Cathalon, where she has to do ten consecutive trips around a fast food drive through, ordering ten different menu items and finishing each one before she gets back into line.
Speaker 4: My family is very invested in this right now. My kids are coming up with different ideas. My son immediately it is like, you need to drive slow.
Speaker 1: That's what you need to do. You need to go slow, mom as as you can.
Speaker 4: My husband though, is concerned for my health, and I'm like, do you think that I'm in such poor health that one day's going to.
Speaker 1: Push me over the edge? I know he's like, have you talked to a doctor about this? But what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Brook? Were you hoping that you would go all the way till the end or is it nice to do it now and get it out of the way.
Speaker 4: I am ready to go and and it'll help me enjoy the misery of hosea Lexis when they have to do their over you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Do you have to wea know where she's going yet or we're not allowed to know or we'll find out the day of. It's going to be a surprise for everybody. Brook, in your mind, do you think what's going to be the worst part of that challenge?
Speaker 4: I think it's all the fried food, Like it's just heavy food right like, and it's just creating enough space. And also like I've timed out, but I can only order a drink once.
Speaker 3: The worst part's going to be how your car smells for weeks after.
Speaker 1: And it's a new car.
Speaker 2: It's my first ever new car.
Speaker 3: You know it's going to seep in.
Speaker 5: But if you want to.
Speaker 3: You could see the challenge I did last Friday at Brook and Jeffrey on TikTok, witnessed the most embarrassing moment of my entire work career, Macarana during an entire important sales meeting.
Speaker 2: I could think of a couple others to put on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, coming on this Friday, watch Brook attempt her drive through the capital.
Speaker 4: Any tips or suggestions send them our way to seven eighty five nine two.
Speaker 3: All right, that'll happen Friday. But now let's move on to the shock calling question of the day and just give it over to digital Jake. What're we doing today, Jake?
Speaker 5: Well, there are only three dares remaining in Brook and Jeffries. You wouldn't dare summertime Challenge, So it's time we put the silly dances aside and mentally lock in with the daredevil mindset.
Speaker 2: I think that was kind of a burn to Jeffries day, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: A little bit?
Speaker 5: Alexis Well, that's why today's questions are all about the world's greatest, most fearless stunt man, Evil canievl Yeyeah, It's okay if you don't know him. Alexis's mom used to hang out with him in high school?
Speaker 1: Did she really is? That's where that guy's from.
Speaker 3: He was ultimate.
Speaker 5: All you need to know is he jumped his motorcycle over scary things a lot, and he crashed his motorcycle even more dude, And you're all no strangers to failure here, so that should be harder than jumping fourteen greyhound buses. Okay, it's time for a death defying edition of the one and done shot color question of the day. This Evil Knevil question is for Alexis. All right, Evil broke so many limbs performing his death defying stunts that he had many metal rods and screws in his body out If you weighed them all, it was more or less than eight pounds of metal.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, question, wouldn't that be great to step on a ski yell don and be like a gain weight, But it's all metal.
Speaker 3: I see Alexis's middle school photo with her braces on, and that was eight pounds of I'm guessing it's probably more than that. She was like a newborn.
Speaker 4: Baby, like the weight of a baby, like basically like I didn't see that baby.
Speaker 1: It was more or less I don't know. You guys are saying he's crazy. I'm gonna say it's more.
Speaker 5: Jake Alexi says it's more than eight pounds, And the real answer.
Speaker 3: Is more than how much they estimated.
Speaker 5: He had ten to twelve pounds of extra metal in his body.
Speaker 3: Extra metal real iron man.
Speaker 5: There, let's go to Jeffrey Jeffery and can Evil's first done. He was supposed to jump his bike over two sets of animals. First in line was two lions, and he made it over successfully, but he crashed into the next group of animals on his motorcycle. Was it a tank of piranhas, a crate of snakes or a tub of alligators?
Speaker 1: Neither fun.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a bunch of baby seals.
Speaker 1: It was this time little kittens.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: They didn't have like any rules back in the day. There was no laws. You can do whatever you wanted.
Speaker 1: Any of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all equally bad and dangerous.
Speaker 4: I would pick the piranhas out of any of them. The piranhas would take a long time to be able to do some serious damage too, But.
Speaker 1: You can get immediately warm.
Speaker 3: They're not going to kill you media the tank or whatever, and then they would just like slopping around on the ground.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what I would. I don't know what he did, but that's what I picked.
Speaker 3: A falling scarious one is probably the snakes that like could wrap onto his arms and like I go out suffocating.
Speaker 1: Alligators and kill you immediately.
Speaker 5: I'm going snakes on this, Jeffrey said, creative snakes. And the real answer is the creative sakes. Goodness, fun fact, this wasn't even on television. You promot car dealers, just fun promoter.
Speaker 4: Caryah his first jump, like, hey, listen, we'll give you twenty five bucks.
Speaker 3: Snakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brooks, your turn, all right. Canevel was so well admired by the performance community that when he died in two thousand and seven, a high powered celebrity did his eulogy. Was it Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, or Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 3: I mean, whoever it was must have admired him growing up, like they watched him back in the seventies jump the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 4: I'm going to take out Actually, at first I wanted to take out Tom Hanks, but he seems like the one celebrity that would show up to somebody's funeral like.
Speaker 1: That and give a eulogy, you know.
Speaker 4: Like he likes typewriters, he likes old stuff, and he's like is he older than Denzel? I mean, it just feels like the timing fits better for legally.
Speaker 5: I cannot tell you if Tom Hanks, I'm going to go Tom Hanks. Brooks said Tom Hanks gave evil evils ulogy, and that's correct. It was Matthew McConnell. Too bad.
Speaker 1: He wasn't driving a Lincoln and then.
Speaker 3: He probably hopped on a motorcycle and jumped something. He did his own thing.
Speaker 5: Brook's the only one getting shocked so far. Jose will see if you join her. Early in his stunt career, in order to pay for his hospital bills, Canevel sold vacuum cleaners door to door using the slogan I dare you to buy one. Is that true or false?
Speaker 3: Door to door sales were huge back in the day. What did you say It was the seventies.
Speaker 5: I didn't say any but maybe sixties.
Speaker 2: But like listen, like his first stunt was for a car dealership.
Speaker 1: Asked him to.
Speaker 3: Go door to door and maybe even do a little stunt for somebody.
Speaker 5: Like suck a snake up the vacuum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say this is true.
Speaker 3: Jake.
Speaker 5: Jose said that's true, and that's false. Believe it or not. Evil sold insurance even that you didn't really get insurance much threats by Lloyd's of London thirty seven times for health insurance.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, you had to know the policies make because Brooke and Jose got theirs wrong.
Speaker 3: They're going to be getting shocked together. And somebody wanted to hear rude boy by Rihanna come here.
Speaker 8: Rude bye bye, big enough, take it, Take wow if you.
Speaker 1: Love me, because it's a little faster.
Speaker 3: That was your shock collation of the day, Your Rude.
Speaker 9: Boy Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Brook, you'd agree it's important to be encouraging of your spouse with their passions and their interests.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like if your husband came to you and said he found something that really makes him happy and wants to start building a giant moth collection. Oh no, good wife, what one hundred percent him up on that? No, you just said you said a second ago.
Speaker 1: The devil bug.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, absolutely not absolutely, I am about to cuss there's no.
Speaker 1: Those things are disgusting.
Speaker 3: Kind of goes against what you just said twenty seconds ago.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm supportive and loving to a certain extent.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a guy on the phone who wanted to be a good husband and support his wife's new passion, even though he was extremely skeptical and weirded out by it. He cheered her on.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 7: Maybe now yeah, now he's wishing that he could take it all back because she's launching a whole business around it, and it's all thanks to what he was secretly doing to support her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she has no idea. You're going to hear it in a brand new mass speaker coming up at seven to ten. You don't hear me confession, I can't take back earl Arms, little mouse text to seven eighty five nine two says, instead of a full bath, sometimes I'll just fabreeze my two year old and call it good.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: It's like clean dirt those kids. Ye know, I watched mine once a week.
Speaker 3: I mean, but here's the fabreeze should come out with, like a deodorane or some sort of dry shampoo for lazy people. I think a lot of people do go really well, and if you've ever made some dirty mistakes in your life, don't feel bad about that. Fabreeze over them by coming on to the mass Speaker and the guilt will just magically go away. One of our listeners is ready to sprit some happy vibes over his life. He's chosen to go by Kyle today. So, Kyle, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hey, thanks guys for taking my call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we can't smell you right now, but what sent would you give yourself?
Speaker 10: I would say tulips?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Okay, hearing the voice changer on, Kyle, So you are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I guess I'll start here. I have a wife of eight years now and.
Speaker 6: I love her.
Speaker 10: I really, I really do.
Speaker 1: But but I really do.
Speaker 4: But I mean that's how you know you've been married for eight years?
Speaker 2: How quickly that butt?
Speaker 3: K what's wrong with your wife?
Speaker 6: Say that?
Speaker 3: So I can say this, what's going on?
Speaker 10: She has this new passion which is great, but it makes absolutely no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it's not your passion.
Speaker 1: But what is it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That's true, that's true. But maybe i'll just I'll tell you.
Speaker 9: A little bit about it.
Speaker 10: She lately she loves rocks.
Speaker 3: Rocks, rocks, rocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rocks like crystals are just like pebbles on the ground, like rocks.
Speaker 10: She'll come home with like a big bag full of rocks like a child.
Speaker 1: Where does she get her rocks from?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Does she paint him? Those are kind of cute.
Speaker 10: No, No, she doesn't paint him. She'll be like, oh, this one's ash gray, this one's smoke gray.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's part crow.
Speaker 3: Penguins pose to other penguins.
Speaker 2: What does she do with all the rocks she brings home?
Speaker 10: Well, she gets really, really really excited. Like she tells me how she SUTs on the rocks over by like some highway or the train drags.
Speaker 2: Or like on s and on sale.
Speaker 10: Okay, And she'll take out the bags she usually like a burlap sack. And he shows me every single rock, and I'm like, I know you took that geology class in college, right, Like she makes me steel the rocks and it goes way over my head and like I'm trying to be supportive, you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, Because she's taking a scientific angle a little bit on these rocks like this one was forged by a volcano in the Crustaceous period.
Speaker 3: This one came flying through our living room windows.
Speaker 10: Well, if it were just that, I I honestly a little more comfortable.
Speaker 11: But here's the thing.
Speaker 10: She uses them to make rock jewelry.
Speaker 6: Rock.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so she makes rock necklaces and rock bracelets and earrings and she puts them up for sale online.
Speaker 4: Was she confused when like rappers were talking about how like diamonds are rocks?
Speaker 1: You know, like maybe she got.
Speaker 3: I'll buy an engagement ring and be like, honey, I got you a big rock, the biggest rock out there.
Speaker 10: I mean it's weird though, right, I mean, yeah, it's kind of boring, but it's you know, I mean, at least she's doing something with them.
Speaker 1: It sounds heavy, like rock.
Speaker 4: Ear rings, don't sound like they're gonna feel the end of the rock necklace.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it doesn't seem very practical, right, but it comes up with these cute cut sea names so that she'll fell like the like the rock and pebble pendant.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of cute.
Speaker 10: Concept, great jiggle geo.
Speaker 12: I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So she's making some.
Speaker 1: Money on top of.
Speaker 10: They're not selling.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you shouldn't have been the mass speaker.
Speaker 4: Maybe you should have been the unmassed speaker and gotten her some like publicity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brooke, would you like to go and buy some rock jewelry right now? Yeah, buy a boulder ankle bracelet. It will be one of your first customers then.
Speaker 10: But here's the thing, guys. Every once in a while I'll go online and I'll buy some of her jewelry anonymously. Well, I'll pay a friend to do it. And when that happened, she gets so excited, like I'm.
Speaker 4: In a sail.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 5: That's so sweet.
Speaker 2: She's made to her husband and she doesn't know it.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cute. Actually, do you have like a secret drawer like in your dresser that's just all of the rock jewelry that you bought from her?
Speaker 13: Set him free in the wild, come back in the water, ships.
Speaker 2: Him to his friends.
Speaker 10: Okay, I haven't sent to my friend. And like, it makes me feel really good to see you're happy about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean this started about two years ago, and I'm just worried because now she's talking about quitting her regular job and selling.
Speaker 9: Rocks full times.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, like.
Speaker 10: Going to trade shows and setting up booths and I'm like, oh, no, I made a mistake.
Speaker 3: What's her refund policy?
Speaker 8: Or you.
Speaker 3: Like everyone's thirty day trial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all you do is get j looaded where one piece there, she'll be golden.
Speaker 3: Are you in with j Loo's people? Yeah, I'm not right now, Okay, send some emails. Maybe maybe we can help.
Speaker 10: I'm just I don't really know what to do because I can't really have her quit in her job, and I'm trying to be supportive.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I wonder maybe you can say they're endangered rocks and they have to stay out in the wild. You can't tamper with it.
Speaker 2: I think what he's saying is she's not a rock star Jeffree.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, at least he doesn't take her for granted.
Speaker 2: I like that. It was good. It's slated instead of slave.
Speaker 3: All right, you really need to stop. I'm right, but we wish.
Speaker 10: You lucky all listening and the good wishes I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, keep us posted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't send us a link though, because.
Speaker 10: It's a brook Yeah, I'll say it's summer catalog.
Speaker 3: Summer Rock text into seven eighty five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, will hid your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker Phone tabs coming.
Speaker 9: Up next, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: In our never ending quest to be annoying to people over the phone, we put a challenge forward to our own Brook Fox and told her to call a major retailer and ask for directions to another competing business. And then when the person refuses or doesn't know, then you give them the directions.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect to me, even though they never ask.
Speaker 3: It'll prove the point that you are the most annoying customer I ever.
Speaker 1: Haha.
Speaker 3: That's when you win the prank battle. So best of luck to Brook. We'll see how quickly she can get under this guy's skin. In your phone, tap right down another on the twenties.
Speaker 6: Thank you for calling home. We're doers. Get more. This is Blake, How gonna help you?
Speaker 1: Hi, Blake? This is Pam Puffer. I was just in your store earlier.
Speaker 6: All right, how gonna help you?
Speaker 1: Well, I just drove off and I forgot to ask for directions.
Speaker 4: Do you know where Hank's hardware is?
Speaker 6: No, you don't No, I've never heard of Hank's Hardware.
Speaker 1: You don't know where Hank's is?
Speaker 6: Huh No? Is there something?
Speaker 1: No, get a pin, I just write this down.
Speaker 4: So from your store, you're going to take a left out of the parking lot and then go about five blocks and you'll hit one hundred and thirtieth Street and then you'll turn right at the Chevron.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, gas station.
Speaker 6: You know what's going on here? Why are you giving directions to another hardware store.
Speaker 4: It's not just any hardware store, it's Hank's. So once you're at the Chevron, are we there? Okay, You're going to continue about five hundred feet and then you'll see a side street fifty six I think, but it'll be all the left and then right next to the Thai restaurant Tyronosaurus Bites, funny name.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Why are you telling me this?
Speaker 1: Because I'm helping you. You didn't know where Hanks was.
Speaker 6: I gathered that. I totally I'm with you up to that point. Great, Why do I need to know where Hanks is?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 4: Everyone should know. It's a great little shot. So do you need any other help with the directions or.
Speaker 1: Do you think he got it?
Speaker 6: No, I think. I think I'm good. It's you know, right at the chefron and look for the Thai restaurants.
Speaker 1: It yeah, great, you know hopefully I was helpful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were great. Is there anything else I could do for you?
Speaker 1: No, that's it. Have a great day, by.
Speaker 6: Thanks. Coming on, we're doers, get more done. This is Blake. How can I help you?
Speaker 1: Hi, Blake, it's Pam again. Remember I called a few minutes ago?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Hanks play you remembered.
Speaker 4: I guess what I'm at Hank's Hardware right now?
Speaker 6: Nice, so you found it.
Speaker 1: I have the funniest story to tell you.
Speaker 6: Uh no, that's all right, I'm sorry, I've got yes silly.
Speaker 4: You're gonna love this because when I got here, I actually met Hank himself and I told him about our conversation. And he can't believe you don't know.
Speaker 1: Where his story is because you're not that far. I mean, you're only about a mile and a half away.
Speaker 6: Did you give him directions with how? Well?
Speaker 4: It's funny you say that because I asked Hank, I said, do you know where the home door is?
Speaker 1: Because this nice guy named Blake works there? And guess what he said?
Speaker 6: I'm guessing he knows exactly where we works.
Speaker 1: That's the crazy part. He didn't. He didn't know you either.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I told him, yep, I I told him when he leaves that driveway at Hank's Hardware, he needs to take a rite drive about five hundred feet down fifty sixth Street.
Speaker 1: I did confirm that is the street.
Speaker 11: And then he's gonna say it lady, Oh, Pam, was it, Pam?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I really don't need directions with the store that I'm alread yet. I'm already.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to interrupt, but are you grumpy?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm a little perturbed. I'll go look perturbed.
Speaker 4: Do you need like a cup of coffee to perk you up? Because there's this great place called Daisy's Brew Do you.
Speaker 1: Want to know where it is?
Speaker 6: You know what? You're not going to do this to make him all right. You're not gonna get me a where You're gonna be like reeling off three minutes of directions because I already know where it is. Okay, I've been there.
Speaker 1: You know where Daisy's is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: That is crazy.
Speaker 4: That's the funniest story yet because I just made daisies up. Oh my god, it doesn't even exist, because this is all just a prank phone call. Yeah, because this is actually Broke from the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Your coworkers set you up for a phone tub.
Speaker 6: Great. Great, because I have nothing better to do it my job.
Speaker 4: Dan wants to say, Hey, you're doing a good job dealing with all the crazies at work.
Speaker 6: You know what, the type of people I deal with from day to day. This was not out of the realm of possibilities. The really exists. Is that a real place or this whole thing's completely fabricated.
Speaker 1: No, you should go. You should check it out. Just go take a rite.
Speaker 4: Then you're going to see the side street fifty six, Okay, and then and then the tie place is.
Speaker 1: Going to be remember right there on your right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wake up.
Speaker 9: Every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Everyone has a butt when it comes to their relationships. I have a butt.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't mean the physical time that's really funny. I mean, yes, it's when they're like, I love him, but he doesn't know how to load the dishwasher properly. I love her, but she's the worst backseat driver in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that case probably has big butt.
Speaker 3: I love them, but they're technically a computer. Oh that's a big deal. It's a big but really, it's how you deal with the butts that'll lets you know if your relationship will make it the distance. One of our listeners is struggling because she says she absolutely adores her boyfriend of four years and is ready to marry him. Oh bye, he has a tiny setback that could leave them in financial ruin forever.
Speaker 13: Oh it's kind of like the dishwasher thing avoided though, with one perfectly executed phone conversation along with some rock solid advice from my co host.
Speaker 3: All Right, we're gonna find out what that is when we do your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: Next.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. How do you politely tell someone you love that they have absolutely terrible ideas? Oh, Brook, how do you tell jose that every day?
Speaker 6: Is that.
Speaker 3: Difficult for you? I just laugh laugh through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you just kind of walk out without giving anybody an answer.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: You know that might work for one of our listeners, Olivia, who says she needs help delivering some negative feedback to somebody very important and dear to her. So, Olivia, welcome to the show, Hill right.
Speaker 1: Oh you sound so nice?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the giggle man.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's part of the problem, is that she's such a nice person. She's not used to giving bad feedback. But what's going on in your life? Olivia? Why did you need our help today?
Speaker 12: So my boyfriend Tommy and I have been together for four years, Okay, okay, I would say, like, in general, things are so great. He's so sweet and he makes me laugh, all right, and he's motivated and hard worker and I love that about him.
Speaker 2: These are all wonderful qualities. It sounds great, are you?
Speaker 1: And I just didn't know. It sounds like you're describing me.
Speaker 2: Did you see that she said hard working?
Speaker 3: I was distracted. I heard funny it was and I'm guessing it's not jose Who. What's your boyfriend's name, Tommy?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I caught that part.
Speaker 3: Okay, I wasn't listening to that part.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: I thought it was you too, all right.
Speaker 4: You guys are like four years into a relationship, are you living together then?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 12: So my issue is that he is in the sort of work arena. He's got a little bit too much misplaced confidence.
Speaker 1: Oh I like how your voice got hire.
Speaker 9: I know about it.
Speaker 3: I thought confidence is a good thing in the workplace.
Speaker 12: Well, so what he does is he keeps trying to all of these new entrepreneurial schemes to get rich.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's one of those guys. Does he have a real job or and this is what he's doing as a side hustle.
Speaker 12: I mean, he's been in and out of a couple of you know, more like nine to five sort of stable situations, but those are always kind of like the placeholders as he's trying to develop, like whatever news scheme, you know, like he's done crypto and nft. He tried doing like a dog food company.
Speaker 3: Once, his own dog food company.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was literally cooking dog food in our kitchen. And we don't even have a dog. So guess who was the taster.
Speaker 1: Please don't say it was you.
Speaker 2: Let's say it was a dog. She's just laughing.
Speaker 1: You might be the most patient.
Speaker 2: Girlfriend on the history of the planet.
Speaker 6: Well, he's awesome.
Speaker 12: He really is such a cool person and he's my person. And so that's why I'm so worried, because I mean, he's done all this and he keeps losing money, and they just he just keeps failing at these things.
Speaker 1: And he's one of those guys that one day it's going to hit right.
Speaker 4: Like you say, he's got food, work, ethics, he's got creative ideas.
Speaker 1: You know what's his new idea?
Speaker 12: Well, okay, so right now he's got this idea for an app, and I don't know, it seems like a bad idea to me.
Speaker 3: Maybe can you tell us and we'll vetit for him?
Speaker 12: Okay, So it's called the.
Speaker 6: S up Sucks.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like up?
Speaker 1: Is it a dating app?
Speaker 12: It's not a dating app. It's more like for a bunch of people in your contacts, you can text them all at once and like it says like an auto text to a bunch of different people.
Speaker 3: Okay, so when when you mass text a bunch of people, what does it say?
Speaker 12: It literally just says like supp's that's it. That's what it does.
Speaker 1: There's no follow up anything, Nope, nope.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it starts Okay.
Speaker 12: Do you think that's really youthful and hilarious, and I'm just very skeptical because I don't Yeah, that's like I'm kind of a wasted of time, like.
Speaker 2: To smoke anything.
Speaker 3: The sixteen year olds would love this app. Outside of that though, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even think they text anymore. I think that they just do voice to text.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, maybe that's generation too. Yeah, there you.
Speaker 5: Go, you do.
Speaker 12: It's just that i' there have been so many of them, and I want to I want to support him, and I want to believe that he's going to like hit the thing. But I also I'm getting a little bit of pressure from my family, of course because they love him, but they have kind of been on this journey too, Like, right, he's doing that.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure he's like hitting every family member up and friend for like, hey you want to invest into my new company.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's some of that too. But right now, what I kind of need help with is so for this app thing, he's just about ready to quit the job that he has right now, the stable job that he has right now. I want to convince him to not quit that, and then you know, to kind of convince him that he needs to start moving towards keeping stable employment because we've been having little conversations about family and the future, and.
Speaker 3: Well Brook will tell you family and future that's all overrated.
Speaker 1: Stuff, that's not true.
Speaker 2: I love bamily.
Speaker 3: So you want us to call your boyfriend then and help you convince him to not quit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't want to hurt his feelings and streams. I just want him to start focusing on something a little bit more stable so that we can kind of move forward with our future.
Speaker 3: This is tough because you're talking to a room of people who all want to quit their jobs. So but maybe we'll be able to come up with something good for your boyfriend.
Speaker 9: Then I.
Speaker 1: Want a person.
Speaker 3: Yea half of the room wants.
Speaker 5: To be here.
Speaker 3: But at least we'll give you some half good advice when we come back and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your boyfriend to tell him his new idea for an app is a bad idea. Okay, we'll do it right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Imagine a world somewhere off in the distant future where flying cars take you anywhere you want to go, Wow.
Speaker 2: It's going to happen.
Speaker 14: Not with that attitude and self driving segways don't crash into random walls, and an app takes the terrible burden away from you from typing three whole letters to your friends and family.
Speaker 2: S up, sup, Wow? Are you writing the commercial for her boyfriend right now? Because I think she wants the opposite?
Speaker 3: Jeff, Sure, you do. Probably have to open the app, and then I'm guessing hit the menu button is like all the logins.
Speaker 2: Like all the paccessed, all your contacts, right.
Speaker 3: And then at that point you're hitting way over three buttons already. But still it is cool. I'm a believer in the sub app, the Thank Goodness. I'm not giving advice because Olivia wants her boyfriend of four years to keep his day job and not invent the next greatest thing our generation would embrace.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what she'd call it, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Welcome, You guys seem to think that, Brooke. How do you recommend shattering Tommy's dreams politely?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 4: I think Olivia, you need to concentrate on why he needs to keep his job, not on the app.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Yes, absolutely, Okay, so that's.
Speaker 1: What you say.
Speaker 4: You say, man, honey, babe, whatever you call him. Okay, I've just been thinking about how good the romance has been, says what's going on?
Speaker 12: I completely forgot. So when you said whatever you call him, I just remembered we have we have the silliest nicknames for each other and we literally use them every time. And I'm going to have to use it on air or he's going to know something's going on and what is it? You can't judge me?
Speaker 3: Okay, we will judge it so that we don't laugh. What is it?
Speaker 12: I call him Pudgy Panda, and he calls me butter butter.
Speaker 4: Okay, so when he answers the phone, you say, fudgy Panda, Panda.
Speaker 1: Whatever, whatever panda you are.
Speaker 4: I have just been thinking about how good the romance has been since you've started that job. You know, just maybe about how you like, Yeah, like you fantasized about him in the office and it just turns you on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we got for you. Good luck. We're gonna dial your boyfriend Tommy right now and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. Okay, Okay, here for support butter Butter you got this?
Speaker 12: Hello, Hey, pledging Panda's me?
Speaker 6: Oh is it my little butter slug?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm so sorry, sorry for what.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry for bugging you at work. I know how busy you are.
Speaker 11: I love being your pudge Panda. I can make time for you.
Speaker 12: Me too, Me too. But there is something that I need to talk to you about. Is this a good time?
Speaker 6: What's up? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Okay, So I know you've been talking about leaving your job at the store to do the app thinks the right. So I've just been thinking about it and wondering if, like, are you sure that you want to quit everything for you know, for that.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, this is nine guaranteed to just blow up, so.
Speaker 12: Right right, Yeah, I know, but you have like said that before about some of the other businesses and things that you've tried.
Speaker 11: I know, I know, but look, I promise this is this is going to be the one, you know.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 12: It's just you know, you're you're so good at your job at the store, and it's so sucky, like when I go in there and I see you in your uniform and you just work in.
Speaker 11: And I don't know, oh you even think I'm even sexier when I'm a billionaire.
Speaker 12: Ok Home, yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 11: It's gonna be And look with a book, I have people that say that they're ready to invest.
Speaker 12: So wait, really, well, this is the thing my situating.
Speaker 11: This guy whose dad works for like Apple tech support, so she thinks I could get a meeting or at least like a zoom.
Speaker 12: Yeah, honey, you already told me about that. And that's just a guy who works literally at the Apple store. He doesn't have like connections with the higher ups in Apples.
Speaker 6: I mean, you never know those people know. People just don't know.
Speaker 12: Okay, that's true. But we're talking about possibly getting married some days, and I don't want my husband to feel like some broke, flailing entrepreneur.
Speaker 11: When you have, you know, you to say because of your situation, Well.
Speaker 12: My situation doesn't have anything to do with it, you know, it's not really relevant to like.
Speaker 11: Okay, oh, because you're a trust funder and you haven't worked in four years, that means you can make all the decisions in our life.
Speaker 3: That's new if.
Speaker 1: You haven't in four years?
Speaker 3: What was that Tommy's Okay, sorry, broad.
Speaker 1: This is kind of like the audio version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on the radio right now with Broke and Jeffrey in the morning. My god, this is a segment that we do called an Awkward Tuesday phone call. We were trying to help Olivia with her conversation about holding onto that great sexy job.
Speaker 4: That you have, but we didn't know that Olivia hasn't worked in four years.
Speaker 3: It was like super important you had to like keep your job. Yeah, Olivia, you did withhold some information from us.
Speaker 12: Okay, so yes, my situation is different. But I and I didn't tell you because I don't want to look like a hypocrite saying that he needs to make money. But I don't want us to get into a marriage and then if have like resentment building later, if he feels like I'm funding all of these things that aren't working and I want him to be able to build funding for himself that he's proud of.
Speaker 1: Well he'll need that because I'm sure there'll be a prenup.
Speaker 3: So you know, I don't think you have any resentment if you're funding the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that would lead to all sorts of issues.
Speaker 2: Well not from him, from him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's the thing I've asked her to invest and stop and she just refuses.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guessed before.
Speaker 12: Yeah, do you see what I'm talking about? Even right there, I'm not going to invest in something that I don't think is a good investment, and then that's going to create resentment between me and I and issues if he's wanting me to contribute to something that I don't really think is a good idea, and I just want him to have a stable foundation on his own so that he doesn't feel like he is beholden to me in any way.
Speaker 3: That was a good argument there, Ready for your rebuttal.
Speaker 11: It said the same thing about the computer, like they thought it was crazy. They thought it was wild, and it's right.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone ever said the computer was a bad idea. I don't think that that is actually correct.
Speaker 3: I could see that they were. They were saying like, oh, this is stupid. Who would ever use this device? The outside?
Speaker 1: It was using it right away.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting analogy.
Speaker 12: I love your positivity about it. I just I'm really wanting you to consider holding onto something that's long term and a little more stable until you get one of your ideas up on its feet.
Speaker 3: That's the part of this that we didn't mention to you, Tommy. Is the whole reason we're calling you is because Olivia loves you. She loves everything about you and your motivation and drive. She just doesn't want you to give up on your solid thing at your job before you fully dive into something you're not one hundred percent sure on.
Speaker 4: I mean the thing is maybe you'll have some contacts at your regular job that will help propel sup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because like you said, you never know people know people. It's like the Apple guy.
Speaker 11: Sure, yeah, I guess you have a point. I see what you're saying. Okay, yeah, Now it's blasts on the radio.
Speaker 6: I feel like someone's going to rick it off.
Speaker 2: Think about it as free promotion, Tommy.
Speaker 4: As soon as that app is up and going, everyone listening is gonna download it.
Speaker 9: Big show.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't know who's talking. I don't know your name, but uh, I do need a VP.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Brook, would you like to sign on as the vice president of Sucktock Options and everything.
Speaker 1: I'll think about it.
Speaker 11: I just need a sizable investment, and it's the job.
Speaker 3: Look at that. The person who hated the idea of the most is now basically running and funding the whole company. Up the phone, keep us updated, you two, all right?
Speaker 12: All right, we will thank you by us.
Speaker 1: He means them. I don't really need to know.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about, Brooke. You're going to be giving the updates because you're running, sup. Now you're the female Zuckerberg.
Speaker 9: In the morning.
Speaker 3: You've heard the term tall tales. Yeah, yeah, there are quote true stories from the past that usually have the details pretty heavily exaggerated, like the story of Paul Bunyan, who was twenty five feet tall with his trusty five ton Blue Ox and founded the original Big and Tall store.
Speaker 1: You say that's not true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently some part of that story is exaggerated. I don't know which part. Or Johnny apple Seed, the pioneer who famously explored the frontier planting ten million apple seeds, which clearly wasn't a euphemism in any way.
Speaker 1: Shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an adult I.
Speaker 5: Never thought of that.
Speaker 1: Read it as a kid like that too.
Speaker 3: It feels like we never hear any new tall tales though being made nowadays.
Speaker 1: Oh should we make one?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: That could change today because the stories I'm gonna tell you may sound like they're out there and seem like tall tales, but I promise is use just because a lot of them are from Florida.
Speaker 1: They're more like meth Tale the True.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna hear them in a brand new edition of Care. I don't care, though this is coming up at eight cents. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. And you know the tradition of not seeing the bride in her dress before the wedding. It was probably just one lazy dude who really didn't want to go dress shopping with his future wife.
Speaker 2: It's actually genius.
Speaker 3: It's bad luck for me to see you all by yourself.
Speaker 4: I spend four hours telling you that all white dresses don't look the same.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I don't let my co hosts hear these news headlines until the actual segment. Oh annual tradition and Care don't care. Let's get right into it with your first headline. Either you love bacon or you're wrong. Don't care.
Speaker 1: I care, so I guess I can.
Speaker 3: There's a collegiate summer baseball team in Macon, Georgia. They call themselves Macon Bacon. It's a fun team name, and their mascot is actually a seven foot tall slice of bacon named Kevin. Here's a picture of it. Do you get it? Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 1: Kevin Bacon, you know the one.
Speaker 4: The collegiate summer baseball team by my house is the fish Sticks, and they have the giant fish stick that walks around.
Speaker 1: They need to meet up with Kevin.
Speaker 3: Not everyone is amused, though, by the Bacons. Recently, an animal rights group took a stand and said bacon is not only a cruel industry, but it increases cancer risk in humans.
Speaker 2: Oh really, there's some carcinogens in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So they have asked them to come up with a new team name that's healthier and more earth friendly, like the Macon smoothies.
Speaker 1: Oh what about the Bacon, Bacon and Bacon.
Speaker 3: Well, the president of Macon Bacon says he was very surprised to hear the criticism, which has also been posted on billboards all around the city.
Speaker 1: Wow, they went far with it.
Speaker 3: He said that while they do serve a ton of bacon in the stadium, they also offer much less popular plant based options.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about a backhanded statement.
Speaker 3: He's like, they're there if you want to try him. As for the name, he says, we will not consider a name change, not now, not ever, no matter how many people die from bacon.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: I may have just added that last part.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine walking into that baseball stadium and it just smells like bacon?
Speaker 1: Survey?
Speaker 3: Even the players can't focus. God side note, this animal rights group is also unhappy about a sports team in Wisconsin called the Milwaukee Milkmen.
Speaker 4: Why let's not tell you about my fish sticks.
Speaker 1: Okay, our baseball stadium is called the Fryar.
Speaker 3: Let's get into your next headline. You think this celebrity TV host was rich before the results are in, he's gonna make even more care don't care, I don't care rich.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I really care.
Speaker 9: I care.
Speaker 1: I need a backup job and this doesn't work out?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, on the floor, how do you guys hate money?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, I guess we're going to our next one. The latest health and fitness study is shockingly great news for Jose talking I care. There's two thirty four year old twins named Ross and Hugo Turner. They're identical twins. Plus they're no strangers to a challenge. Okay, they've sailed the Atlantic crime, the tallest mountains and even tried to reach some of the most remote locations on Earth together. So they're really into exploration, Okay, get it, but they're equally fascinated with the human body. So in between expeditions, the twins did a little experiment on themselves to understand how to genetically ida dentical people react to the same diet and workout regiment. Okay, they lived together, so they were able to eat the exact same meals for twelve straight weeks. But the only difference was Hugo worked out for twenty minutes at a time while his brother Ross worked out for forty.
Speaker 1: Oh give me the twenty minute guy, tell me he won.
Speaker 3: After three months, the results were very eye opening. Despite working out twice as long as his twin brother, Ross says he saw next to zero difference in their physiques or their overall physical performance.
Speaker 9: Ah.
Speaker 4: I will say, it does sound like maybe these two were in really good shape before this started.
Speaker 1: Mountains.
Speaker 3: But the crazy part is the one who worked out more ended up gaining more weight than his brother did. Yeh, muscle mass, No, they had the same muscle mass, the other gained more fat.
Speaker 1: It's admitting hes. Yeah, he's like, I'm working out more, I deserve it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they concluded a short workout is just as beneficial, if not better, than a long work out.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty second workout.
Speaker 3: Ross was obviously frustrated at the end of their experiments, saying I put in double the work, lifted sixteen extra hours over twelve weeks, and the results were not worth it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did they decide which brother was going to get the long workouts?
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 3: Let's if you guys care about this one. It's already dangerous enough when Alexis drives, but this makes it even worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, care, good, bad driver, But I care you're not.
Speaker 3: Driver. Well, if you're in a fairly new car, then you probably got a big touch screen display on your dashboard. But now companies are planning to upgrade again. How are they doing that getting rid of the touch screens altogether?
Speaker 1: We have for like six months?
Speaker 3: Well stop, because apparently the screens are actually the cheapest option for manufacturers that cost as little fifty bucks to put those in.
Speaker 4: Oh that makes sense because TVs these days are so cheap too, so the.
Speaker 3: Car companies would love to keep using them. But there's been more and more evidence that having all your controls on a screen is actually very very dangerous.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I just rented a car over the weekend and it had a touchscreen. I could not figure out how to turn the heat up, the volume down.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, serve it all over the place.
Speaker 3: Is such just an age thing.
Speaker 1: There's so much information on one screen.
Speaker 3: One expert said, it's weird that everyone knows texting and driving is bad, but no one complains that everybody's basically using an iPad when they're out on the road right here. Yeah, they say, knobs and buttons are easier to find without looking, and that's something that the younger drivers are just now finding out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So Tesla put all those screens in not because they were fancy, but because they were cheap.
Speaker 3: That's right. So companies are starting to switch back now to the old knobs and buttons way, although it could be temporary because cars are becoming more and more autonomous anyway, and they're driving themselves, so soon you won't you won't have screens or buttons or knobs. It's just going to be a chair in an empty.
Speaker 1: Vehicle and you just trust it to get somewhere.
Speaker 3: You just hop it, take a nap till your car and get see where you want to go. Finally, Jeff's joke of the day, carrot don't care? What do you call it when a tired dad makes a pizza? What Papa yawns? That was carrot don't care?
Speaker 9: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: On the phone today, we have Zach from Olympia, who has never played win Brooks Bucks before. Yeah, in fact, doesn't know anything about the game.
Speaker 2: Why did you call in?
Speaker 3: He called in by accident. Now that he's here, he says, you know what, I think I could possibly beat her. Okay, so he's gonna give it his best shot. We actually had to explain what the game was before he even came on. But Zach, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Zach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know the show at all?
Speaker 11: I listened to the show.
Speaker 6: I wasn't sure what I was calling about. I just heard the like.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure who you were.
Speaker 3: But I swear, I mean, we didn't do this every single day. So that you saying you listened to the show, I'm not one hundred percent of.
Speaker 6: Zach.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you being here. We're sending Brook out of the studio for this and while that happens. Here's how the game works. Thirty seconds for you to answer as many questions as you can. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat Brook out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 10: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Speed is the name of the game. Here, good luck. Your time starts now. In what year of the nineties did Aerosmith become the first major band to let fans download a free new song from the.
Speaker 6: Internet ninety eight?
Speaker 3: What animal is considered to be the national bird of America? Eagle? What comes after million, billion and trillion In the US, they're called a principle. What are they called in the UK? Averaging four thousand hours of sunshine per year? What Arizona city is considered the sunniest place in the world. Phoenix, Tucson or Yuma, Phoenix? Well done, Zach for that first try. Good work there. Brook's gonna come back into the studio and I see on my screen or here Zach works security at construction sites.
Speaker 4: Oh do you ever cat call the construction workers just to know No, I'm usually there even the playing field.
Speaker 3: Well, we have the security guy, the construction guy. We just need to get a Native American chief in there and a biker guy, and then soon you're gonna have the whole village team. The village Team. For copyrights, we can't call them what the original band name.
Speaker 1: We might as well just call them the town people. Yeah, don't think we can say it, Josh.
Speaker 3: Okay, well fun the village people. Uh so, oh no, you just got so because your turn.
Speaker 6: You're ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your time starts now. In what year the nineties did Aarosmith become the first major band to let fans download a free new song from the.
Speaker 1: Internet nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: What animal is considered to be the national bird of America the bald eagle? What comes after million, billion and trillion bajillion. In the US, they're called the Principle, But what are they called in the UK?
Speaker 2: Uh? Superintendent, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know who ouch? Averaging four thousand hours of sunshine per year? What Arizona city is considered the sunniest place in the world. Phoenix, Tucson or Yuma.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I'm gonna go Uma.
Speaker 9: Ooh.
Speaker 3: We're gonna see if any of that was right when we go over to the scoreboard and check it with Jose cheap bes cheap.
Speaker 1: By oh baby che moos chiemus.
Speaker 13: Zach, for the first time, you did okay, you got one oh okay.
Speaker 3: Acceptable and Brook you didn't get the same amount of questions in and you got to barely barely close game.
Speaker 2: Jason, call back and play again sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get these answers in for everybody real quick. In the nineties, Aerosmith became the first major band to let fans download a free new song from the Internet. In nineteen ninety four. On this day, the song was head First. The animal that's the national bird of America is the bald eagle. Did we give that one to Zach?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: We gave you credit for eagle on that one, Zach. After million, billion and trillion, next is quadrillion.
Speaker 2: But jillion would be so much cooler.
Speaker 3: In the US they're called the principal. In the UK, they're called head teacher.
Speaker 1: Or headmaster like head mistress.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Averaging four thousand hours of sunshine per year. The Arizona city with that's the sunniest place in the world is Yuma, Arizona.
Speaker 11: Cool.
Speaker 3: Now, Zach, We can't give you any money here, but what we can do just for playing is send you a fifty dollars gift card to shoogar Plum. Sugar Plum is a locally founded, woman owned business that is the natural way to be hair free. You can book your appointment today at sugarplum dot com.
Speaker 6: Yeah sounds fun.
Speaker 3: All right, there you go go get your plumb sugar.
Speaker 1: How was your How would you rate your first time?
Speaker 11: Not too bad?
Speaker 12: That would be a lot, I mean more difficult at least even though I only got one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an interesting thing to say after you only get one, Zach, But it was pretty easy.
Speaker 6: But I lost.
Speaker 3: I was expecting a negative score. Well, you'll do better next time, bro, Thanks so much for playing, dude. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Block same time tomorrow, brook and Jeffrey in the morning.